Speaker 1: Do you want to unlimited access to handicapping without exorbitant prices, and brisnet dot com has you covered with a variety of plans from past performances, pedigree and raw data. The brisnet dot Com Performance Plan combers on limited PDF past performances for eighty five dollars a months. It's available forrisnet dot com slash plans. American Produce Records Online puts the pedigrees of narrowly one million dams and more than two million poles at your fingertips plus fires stats for only two hundred and seventy five dollars a year. It's available at bristnet dot com slash apr. The brisnet dot Com Data Plan offers unlimited access to race day data files, perfect for handicappers with their own database or plug into other people's programs. The Data plan is one hundred twenty five dollars a month. So visit brisnet dot com, Brothers, information and more and discover why it's the handicapers and the Kentucky Handicapper sheets available now. Go to brisnet dot com have picked one up at the Red Mile. The scratch sheet is also available at the Red Mile.
Speaker 2: But June fourteen a Delaware the Gray three three hundred thousand dollars Delaware Oaks with one by Farmley, a three year old Philly by upstart just two races earlier, the two hundred found dollar Cape Hallakon stakes. I went to vote No. A four year old by division row upstart and division or old stand at erdri stud finally, despite I've got bubbling hair, but she bobbled, Despite bobbling at the start, led all the way to win the Delaware Oaks by three widening links. To register her third win from four career starts. She won the two hundred and fifty thousand dollars Virginia Oaks at Colonieal Downs in March, and she has earned three hundred and thirty nine thousand, two hundred dollars by burden see Generals. Founder of Eddris stood and raised right there on Erdris stood, so was Zandom. Then on the course of Grade one States winner of two million, two hundred thousand and also placed in the Kentucky derby fourteen percent of ugh starts running to earned black type rough Start earned a million, seven hundred and thirty two thousand, seven hundred and eighty dollars and he's a great representative of the ep ind siroline. The cape Helotophon then is the third States wins. Will vote no. He's earned six hundred and twenty eight thousand and fifty eight dollars tired with thirty seven poles in his first two crops. To visit there Will is also signed Abiumah, a States winner of over four hundred and thirty seven thousand plus two stage place runners both at golf Stream to visit there O won are placed in fourteen States and earned a million, six hundred and six thousand dollars. He is one of one hundred and twenty States winners, but Kitt and Joey the top the North American silist plus led to silas for grace for winners. I don't know how many times, five or six times. The Visitaro's damn is side by Lemon drop heard and east side one hundred now one hundred and eighty six hundred. It's a hard hitting pedigree and the visionaros living up to it. And he stands for five thousand dollars life food rough start feed is twenty five thousand life fool for more on the stands of Edris stood for Shannon Kyo at eight five nine, eight seventy three, seventy two city. Take a look at the air at the website edri stood dot com.
Speaker 3: From the horse capital of the world, it's Horsetails with ursul ellis such. Come, we'll talk about the horses, the people, and the history of the thoroughbred industry.
Speaker 2: Lay hold away.
Speaker 3: Any secretaries two and a half like now live from Kentucky's Bluegrass region. Here's person.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everyone, and we are here at the third Bridge Center and a little stone building over here next to bar and whatever. Twenty twenty five I guess it is twenty seven Trump like that. But anyway, we do the show here every week.
Speaker 1: And reckon how this building is.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and four. Yeah, this building nineteen ninety four. No, no, wait a minute, nineteen nineteen oh four is when we got boult to property.
Speaker 1: Is that I would have set eighteen oh four.
Speaker 2: I mean I would have seen seventeen seventy seven. That's Michael going and that I don't know no historian as I can tell those it in you you're not either.
Speaker 4: So it's it's it's stone.
Speaker 2: But the walls are good.
Speaker 1: What the half thick that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, help the place to be. But it looks like the Alamo. Yeah, well after after everybody left, the whole gang. Now yeah, that's it isn't what we thought were all there. You know. The only thing that they lived through that the animal horse. There's one horse. Yeah. Actually some people left before the fighting began. Well, yeah that's true too, smart ones. Yeah, the smart ones.
Speaker 4: Right, the lie ones. Wonder who it was.
Speaker 2: Missus Dickenson.
Speaker 4: Oh is that right?
Speaker 2: She's my first grade teacher. That's all I remember. You went on to a great career teaching.
Speaker 4: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I have to leave early because I'm I'm really excited the people from Georgetown Tourism are bringing to a writer wrote from a travel magazine. Get a little travel magazine. Okay, yeah, so it diings have been good that we had a really nice board meeting. John did a fabulous job, I mean, really organizing everything, doing everything that probably should have been done years ago into the previous administration that wasn't did you consume it? Yeah, he's doing fabulous anyway, So that was good. And the you know, rain stopped and people are coming out of tours with it really having a lot of people I got. I had a couple of yesterday, I got a couple more today and then we have the regular tours and the buses are coming. So it's really good.
Speaker 4: Have you had anybody from not here?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, not qure friends everywhere. Well, let's see, I had just my my, my little toys. I had people from Tennessee, Mississippi, Colorado, California, and Washington the state so they're cops all see these old guys. It's really been, really been, it's really been good. I do have a loser of the week. Before we get too far along, Rusty will getting mad at me if I I don't get my loser. I got two losers, two losers. So there's really good racing today at Laurel believe it in not Laurel Park. And the eighth race is a is a is a is a is called the Jamila. It's one hundred thousand dollars race on the grass. And Delisa mares yep three year olds. Enough Marilyn Breads and she was a good mayor. She's a great mayor. She produced Gulch, one of my favorite horses at old friend Zumila. Oh yeah I didn't. Yeah, she was something. You know. Gid Hieronymous showed me this once. He said, you know, they sent me out when I first started this, they said, go find some mayor's getting ready because we want to show birth of the foal on TV. Got sent over as a youngster and got over there and and the mayor was they picked that was Jamila and the baby ended up being Gulch.
Speaker 4: That's a night what look?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's pretty good. So that race is the eighth race at Laurel and I have a laun shot is fifteen to one, number three, Next girl, Next Girl, and I she caught my attention. This billy caught my attention at first because she's out of a touch goald mare. So I'm prejuice because the old touch goal is still hanging on ats farm doing doing this thirty one? Oh they're all thirty one, all of yeah, yeah, Well this wor should be able to close and get part of it. Fill out. The exact is there's a horse in here, the number six horses five someone Michael Trumpetta is a horse. But in their last race that horse only beat Next Girl by maybe a quarter for length happily, and I think this horse could make up for it third off. The layoff had a nice long rest and I think should be on the improving side. Then we'll give them the numbers to bed. Okay, So I'm saying that next girl, the number three horse should be used for a couple that you might like, but the number three should fill out the Tripechta okay, got it, And then in the ninth at Belmont today. Not that I'm going to do it, but I've got it. It's very nice of you imply that you might take my and you yeah, yeah, it does take pleasure out of it, doesn't if somebody else picture a loser, I can understand it. You know, there's a horse, and then again it's State breads. These are New York breads going a mile at Acroch thirty thousand maiden flamers. It's not anything that, you know, anything that's going to strike fear into the heart of any Grade one winners. But however, there's a horse here that's interesting named Gorzo g O r z O, the number eight horse that David Duggan has, and David David Dougan doesn't have a whole lot of horses, but he really knows pretty much where to put him this horse is only rased, she only raised four times, and or he he's only raised four times and in the third ones. But I think I think he's sitting on a big race with with with regime Miraj, and he's switching from from the turf back to the dirtness very significant because David Dugan, according to the racing for him as a twenty three percent wind rate when switching from turf to dirt.
Speaker 1: And there they come up with.
Speaker 2: And the other reason I kind of liked this for us because it's because he's he's his sire is big brown another no kidding, another old friend's tourist attraction. And and I think Gorza will be We'll Gorgeo will make a good showing today at Belmont's Bigue. Post time for that races five fourteen, so it won't interfere with Ursul's nap. I said, could you move that race, Please make it a little later or a little earlier. We don't want it in the middle. So those are the two the two losers, the two losers of the week. So speaking of this building, I came by here during the week actually to see what you know, just because I missed it. Oh I was getting lonely for the building. I came by here because I wanted to get some condition books. I'm trying to track down a a trainer named Grant Hoffman's who's David Hoffman's son, and David Hoffins of course trained two of our best retirees. Yeah, you know, he had alphabet soup and touch Gold.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, And.
Speaker 2: When I Grant to come over and see Grant to come over and see Touch Gold, and I know he's around, but I haven't been able to track him down. So if Grant's listening, I know he probably does. Separated from the hundreds of thousands of listeners wake up every Saturday at eight o'clock just to listen to that just unbelieve. But loyalty isn't anyway. I'm trying to find grandfather because I want him to come come see Touch goold some of the other parts of the farm and his father and his father passed away. But his father was a fabulous guy, a really really great guy, great California trainer. Yeah, he didn't have a lot of horses before he did great things with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so I'm in here and there's a guy in here and really nice guy and he's representative of the HVPA. During the week, he hands out you know, if anybody needs anything, he's here to hand it out and do all that kind of stuff. And he says to me, do you remember you had a horse when you worked for Carlos name Nake the Snake. I said, oh my god. That was the first horse Carlos. Carlos got off from a guy named Train, a really nice guy named Glenn Mathieson, and the horse needed to kind of rehab work that only Carlos could be pride if you get my drift anyway, he he bought.
Speaker 5: Up for a dollar, you know.
Speaker 2: So, and I just started working for Carlos, and Carlos knew I was still afraid of the horses. I hadn't quite gotten over that. And so he said, I want you to go down. We were at the barn seven. He said, I want you to go down anything. It was the barn three and he pick up this horse and going, oh my god, I bring this source all the way back to the barn. Hol am A going to get him back to your safe? You know, anybody go down there is a really nice old horse. And he pursed his limping and uh and and he's got a beautiful blanket on, like a burbery blanket.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I bring him back to the I bring him back to part seven, to Carlos and put him in the stall. And I'm thinking, God, I made it all the way here. You might have thought I won the damn derby, you know, So I got him all the way back here. We both the right safely. Thank goodness, I didn't embarrass myself or the horse. And I'm taking the blanket off foun I'm very carefully folding, and I walk out. I'm gonna bring it back to Glenn Mathieson and Carls says, where are you going with that? I go, well, I'm bringing it back. It's Glenn's blanket. He goes, oh, no, because the whole thing comes. The whole thing goes I'm not wasting my dollar.
Speaker 1: He goes, oh, that is funny.
Speaker 2: And that was and the guy that was here, it was the guy that reminded me of that because he worked with planning me. Is that right?
Speaker 4: What's his name? I can't remember same, so I could. Really I've never set eyes on a guy, but he's got cat food and Dug biscuits. Yes, the reason it even came up.
Speaker 2: He was wearing a red Sox cat. I hope he darn, isn't that believe? I can't remember it with ap a. Yeah, how many days a week is he down here? I think every day? That yeah, every day, but we're not here. That's when the I think, what day of the week. Let's Wednesday? Okay, I think it was Wednesday. I can't remember his name. I can't remember day it was, but yeah, well I.
Speaker 4: Was just impressed.
Speaker 2: Did you tell who he was? Who you are? No?
Speaker 1: He knew me.
Speaker 2: He listens to the show. Oh does it? Yeah, so big deal. I said, you know, there's one hundreds of thousands of people. One person doesn't make that much difference. He was dying if he's listening now. Ten. We fad his cats this morning, okay, good, and I brought cat food. Got we did too. I brought a different.
Speaker 1: Cats, two black, once, one regular tavy looking, and somebody's got a couple of Siamese. One that looks like for Siam is the other one's got all.
Speaker 2: The points but the middle of him is I know. Yeah, they're not exactly the best bread cast. Yes, what I don't think. I just think much planning went into the meetings.
Speaker 1: You know, they were going up for a I.
Speaker 2: Know a few people like it. Don't leave me alone.
Speaker 4: Well that's nice. Yeah, that's that's that's great. Good again.
Speaker 2: You don't know if you didn't catch his name, you know, I remember, I knew it on Wednesday. I'm gonna step out here someday and introduce me. Yeah, you should. He'd like, he'd like to see. I think he knows you. I think you know him. He's been around here for a long time. Yeah, maybe not as long as this building, but you know a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: Tell him we don't we try to clean it up. We're done, and everythings back in the same.
Speaker 2: I got to go through my tour, Thank goodness. Everybody's gonna now, everybody's gonna start a tour nine o'clock. Huh wow, nine o'clock. That's ereally. Yeah. If you can get there from here in four to five minutes, I know. But I have to prepare myself. I have to do my zen conditioning, you know, gotta I beg your pardon, have another cup of coffee anyway? Something? Yeah, Father Diane, I gotta, Father Diana. I can't leave the house.
Speaker 4: So that's her heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we messed you. You have been here in two or three weeks. Oh oh, when are you going.
Speaker 4: Back to Saratog?
Speaker 2: Going back for the whitney the first week August?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is John going with?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all going. The whole gang's going, So we'll be out of the porch and we'll be able to we'll be on the portrait answer Washington.
Speaker 4: In Okay, that's what I was just didn't is that next week?
Speaker 2: No, not till first week of August? Okay, Saratoga. Yeah, well we've got it at the It's a great week to be there because they have the Hall of Fame inductions and Alfred Knuckles is gonna come. I think, uh yeah, yeah, yeah, he's gonna get a little.
Speaker 4: Is Diane going or she's still on She's still on the A list on the also eligible. Okay, she depends on how she feels and whether she wants to go if it, whether whether she can stand spending all that time in the car with.
Speaker 2: Me or that. I know, I know it's a big ask. Really, she sacrificed a lot during our marriage, and you know I have to put her on a bit probably.
Speaker 1: Right that made me wander, made me think if you looked at the weather, it's gonna be real hot here, but it's gonna be blistering up there.
Speaker 2: Well, it's I'm not going for another month.
Speaker 1: A month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was like a week or so. No, it's all well, no, not the not the Whitney. The Whitney's first week August. Yeah, I'm wondering if you're skipping a whole month, you're skipping July. There's other things that it could show out Astro it might as well. And you and John, you got your rotation right now on this show. I don't know. I just wait to open up my phone. If John tells me to come here, then I come here. I'm telling you I know who the boss is. Leave you alone. You can't. You can't get us to answer anybody. I'm trying. No, we have our schedule. Lit's just put our schedules on. I got a thing this morning. I got a message on my phone this morning.
Speaker 5: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: I said, okay, good, I got something to look forward to. Where is it? Here's somewhere. It's so funny. Yeah, when you used to be the ball and then you're the boss seat, I'm still trying to get employees a month. I'm working really hard. Oh you had employees a month, so oh, you're the only employee so you get no no, there's oh are you kidding me? I barely fill out the super I'm I'm my own loser of the week, all right, and that pleasant. I'm leaving because enough of this real quick. Yeah, John John paged you a great compliment last week about going up to the start time. Whitney. Yeah, he said. Walking around with Michael blowing's like walking around with Mick Jagger. Everybody wants to be around you. Wow. Wow. And the only thing I want to ask you since you were filmed Freddie plump boss. Yeah. And it's the fiftieth anniversary of Josh What did you think about yeah Fabolus? Yeah yeah. And they were making it up at the vineyard. It was in our neighborhood for a long time. They were there. A Shark wouldn't work. And there's a book that Carl Gottlie wrote if you want to get it on the internet. Carl Gottley wrote a book on the making of Jaws. It's really really good.
Speaker 1: What is it.
Speaker 2: It's about the making of the movie Jaws. I saw that advertised somewhere real well, they're re releasing it. It's the fiftieth anniversary of the movie. Oh it's been that long. I wanted to see that with with.
Speaker 1: My daughter.
Speaker 2: She was about six years old. She never recovered. I'm sure no, she did time, but I couldn't speak for three weeks. So yesterday was also the forty fifth anniversary of the Blues Brothers. Oh wow, you think there? You well? Man? I thought it was great. Now you know it's funny. I gave it. I panned. I panned. Uh animal House did you say? Yeah, I've never lived it down, so I think you were right. Thank you. You don't recommendation. They called him that he's a combination of Cisco a Deepert all in one person. So what they did was they thought that was funny. So they brought the entire cast to Boss and took me out the lunch, all of them, Jamie Widows and John Belushi and Peter Reeger, all of them. I haven't seen the movies in Growth of the Nation. Don't they have sown and colored hours.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go back.
Speaker 2: I'm looking up some of your old please dogs, there's for the last movie. We went to see this kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was so funny because you could tell who in the audience was in the horse business because every time they'd say something stupid, an incorrected movie.
Speaker 2: Everybody know it all, they know it all.
Speaker 5: Why don't they win the derby every year?
Speaker 2: Well they had more to standing eighteen hands? Remember that? Oh yeah, that's what everybody walked out of the movie thinking, O war admill is too short or too big or too small or too black and not black enough. There you go, there you all right. I'm going to go and try and do my job here because this is double the Saturday mornings, double the points for the employees.
Speaker 1: Go to the what you call it when you're done?
Speaker 4: When okay, So i'd check the cable, the chapel, the chapel. Okay, I get empty out the rest.
Speaker 2: Of my cathy What are you going to do? Empty out the rest of the cathine and take my bucket?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, wow, where did that come?
Speaker 1: That's notice he's got a whole case of that stuff.
Speaker 2: What is old cat food? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Our cats are Our cat singular has to have special feed because of her kidneys.
Speaker 4: And then I read a really good article. It said.
Speaker 1: It's what happens is cats will not eat drink stale water. So if you want a healthy cat, that's why they go out.
Speaker 4: To find fresh water. Or you can buy one of those.
Speaker 1: Little fatos that sits in a little pot, you know, and bubbles and.
Speaker 2: That makes it fresh d this summer. Well, that's what I guess.
Speaker 4: That's the only reason she's fine because of all that rain. That is interesting.
Speaker 2: All right, Michael, Oh, thank you for sorry. Thanks everybody. We'll see you and we'll see you. It's John's week next week, right, yes, I guess so. So yeah, so you'll see John next week and then here's truly the week. Now, I'll let you know I'm doing in the contest for Employees of the month.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Here there he's a piece of work in it. Hey, well, let's take care of our friends over. Claybron from Prince of Naco won his first start as a two year old by eight lengths, giving notice that he was something special. He spent a six phaarongs in the stakes record nine flat and his second start to win the Grade three Best bout States at del Mark, then won the Grade one delm Off for Tunity, getting seven parlongs and one twenty two and two in his only two starts as a three year old. He came within less than a length of winning two Grade one stakes, both at Saratoga. In the Grade one Woodie Steevens, he was bumped and pinsed back at the start and we charged from over sixteen lengths out of it to finish second by fast closing half length seven parlongs in one twenty one. Then he finished second by neck in the Grade one h al And Jerkin Stakes seven pharlongs and one twenty one and three. A superb individual. Prince Monico was bred by Stone Street dervid Owns sold was a union at Saratoba for nine hundred and fifty thousand dollars. He's by champion sprinter Improving Cyber Spikes Down Mornings who stood for he has climbed to sixty five thousand. Was also about Spikestown. Prince of Monico's damn is by the populating successful Medalli Dudu man sees a half sisters of two state runs into the Damn of Millionaire in Nico Island. Roger Black Hyper Prince of Monaco, standing his first season instead for thirty thousand dollars. Standley nurses late in the season, but not too late. Oh, Jacob West over Clayburn, Palm A five nine nine A seven two three three old. The website is clabronfarm dot com. Well, there are two names, or I should say another another two names, another two names of outfits over in Bourbon County, because of course that's where Cleveland father is. But so was the clay Warder Agency, an Indian fleet farm. Now the clay Ward Agency was founded back in nineteen thirty one. Well, mister James clay Ward, he's been providing the finest in equine insurance for oh, that would be in ninety four years. I guess that's right. And his success is based on great service and the thorough knowledge of the horse business, and those qualities that are carried on today still right there for whatever your insurance needs, especially if it pertains to the third bred professionals over to clay Ward Adency are great position to supply the best coverage at the best prish available. They give you coverage at the fall of the hammer. Can't beat that. The people to call over there A couple of friends of man Shack Parish and booth Assex and the number to call is the eighty five nine number nine eight seven eighteen sixty one in the office is at eleven on two Main Street in Paris. When you come into parish and them from the Fay County election in the area that way anyway, we drive this straight straight in on Rain Street and it's on your on your right, so there's one way eleven on two Main Street and Parish. You go past the funeral home and cup of stores down offices down and you'll find them soon. Also Elbert Indian Creet. It's actually they're one and the same. They play well. They're just through an Indian creek. They have Indian Creek as they've raised and they've boarded and they've so many of the world's find of serve birds down through the year. They do a great job over there of boarding horses and selling horses. That's what either you're going to board or sail, and if you're going to that's the place to go to, this Indian Creek. It's a beautiful farm. It's worth the trip just to drive out there and see it. And the guys see again they're going to shock and the number to call is nine eight seven seven four four three. That's the Indian Creek number. But probably the best way to get in touch with them is their website, which is Indian Creek KLi dot com. So two outstanding outfits over in Bourbon County, the Clay World Agency and Indian Creed.
Speaker 3: Now back to the Thoroughbred Training Center and Ursa ellis.
Speaker 2: Don't care. Let's see where we are here. So most time for Cubo, it is past time for krubol we that's you know, they're not just running. They're just running to graded States this weekend. That's hard enough to talk about. But they're running the Chicago Steaks three hundred thousand dollars or four years ago. Village and Marriage going seven eighth for around at Churchill Downs. They call it the Chicago States. It was originally started at the old Arlington Park, which is no longer word OF's, of course, But anyway, it's got to feel eleven. And I've got some information of about that that particular use you about that particular mistakes trace. We'll go look at it in the second hour, but it's got to feel of eleven. Uh Phill is a marriage going seven eighths of a mile persons. It's great too. It is three hundred thousand dollars. Number one is emery but more than ready in its minx Palace by palace malice, great lightning by horse called social inclusion, right work outwork Valva, the gun Runner, Marmalalade Sky by Danza, Harbor springs by looking at Lucky for Galley. I blame, of course, blame is Cleveland Bridge standing over at Cleveland Farm. Very nice stood horse. My main squeeze and the spell main and m A N E. That's pretty good. My main squeeze by audible.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Claren Beret is number ten by not this time, and a deep loss is on the outside and zet loss is by Clayburn. That's the Chicago Handicaps. The other graded states. The race today is picked this one up. Oh, it's the Ohio Derby. I went up there, I think in nineteen win it hit been forty seven, No, nineteen fifty seven or fifty eight, similar right in there, h to the Ohio Derby. Went up there with a friend of mine. I had a horse in there. They're in it's of course. Uh. It's a thistle down used to be a track right across the road street from at Random Park and Randall Park is no longer with us. It's now a shopping center. But Distile down is going strong, and that the Ohio Derby now is a Grade three with five wins. Found out. A part of thrill is going a mile on an eighth Garret's Baytown. The upstart is number one. Chunk of gold by preservationists is number two. That's one, and then the first two started up starting preservation and here understood well, I think maybe preservations going on to somewhere ELSEM Cape o' luca about Letto Bond is number four. Mcapheeve about cloud computing. His number is number four. K Olpo was number three at the faces. Number four. Number five is an extradition by gun Runner. Number six is by It's Clever Again by a triple crime winner American phailuh first stand over and I asked Ford stood wonder for loss. The best thing about that horse, other than named on a triple corner found was that his disposition. And we went over there to see him, Jackie, remember that he's just a quiet horse. What what you're not where you're hearing age?
Speaker 1: No, I can't hear you you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, well they weren't all that important. Okay, it was something about us going over to see American pharaoh.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, I was impressed by him. Bohemian style is number seven occasion Breeze. Don't know that horse number Covino was number eight Vino Russell, whose, of course stands who were at the Spencer bomb master control by tamperature that the horse stands up in Canada and that tamperature. I go to rok through the Raciers wos nationwide every day, and I very seldom go through without seeing the winter by tamperature somewhere.
Speaker 1: Really wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know how much class they've got, but they sure win a lot. You know, we had a few horses like that. They didn't win enough, but they didn't have a class anyway. Uh. Then on the outside is a moplex by the good side complexity who stands at as the Aldridge shirt and that's the old high Derby Grade three. I guess I better catch up on things here.
Speaker 1: Two more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotta do a tu the more and take care of quilling. Whatever Rolf's doing today, you never know him can't tell about Ralph right Will in tact Well stud fees at Ashford Stood range down to five thousand dollars five fold and to the nation's best in that category stand at Ashford Stood and they are maximum security in motowns. Maximum Security. One of his only started a two old and was the champion three year old coat of his year as a three old in the USA, and he was also rated champion three old Mayo mile in the world in the World THIRDD ratings. He is also a terrific at four won the Great one Pacific Classic and the Great two San Diego who had the cap at four and by the time they hung up attack they had earned a million, four hundred and thirty one thousand, nine hundred dollars. Now they sang runners. In his first stop, he Hasside Instant Replay one of the three hundred thousand dollars Texas Durfy two hundred thousand dollars bath Past Roll Stakes at Oaklong Faced in the Grade two one million out of Louisiana Derby this year and maximum Pomas based in the Grave for Jeff Ruby States and the John Bntagla Memorial both those states at Turfway Roads were salve as faced in graded states in France, Good Call placed in one hundred and forty five thousand dollars Southern Hospitality states at opall. That's in security without a horse for the money. So's Motown a grave won one of my the late great uncle Moe Motown and his first three cops. That's had fifteen states winners, five of them Graded States winners, two of them won graded states at Keenan, and thirty three have earned black type. A rock solid fourteen percent of his runners earned black type. It's late in the season, but not too late. All the farms eight five, nine, eighty seven, three seventy eighty eight. If you have a late forward Mayra Phillator's offul track and the folks that asked had stead have been over backwards to provide the right time at the right price for your America and see the website which is school moo dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about will and leather and Tech in Paris, Kentucky follow these service leather goods since nineteen eighty two. It's the nation's largest custom hank shop.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: They come out with twenty thousand halters a year or more ship worldwide. So g U I L L I in dot com in Paris, Kentucky eight five nine ninety seven oh two one five. And now we're looking at about wrapping up breeding seasons. So that means a couple of things. Well, you've got a lot of folds. You've got to take care of their halters and all their little their little lot of people put littt what are what would you call little round discs on.
Speaker 4: The full hall alters, just to make sure they are huh, dragon tags.
Speaker 2: That's a hard word.
Speaker 1: Three letters, four letters. Anyway, that that's wrapping up and the mayors, and when you send those mayors home in poll, do you want to be sure that they are sparkling and looking wonderful, very snazzy, uptown looking. So you have them in a quilling leather halter with breast name plate. You can get a name plate with just their name, or you could get name reading all kinds of stuff that's all in caps and it's wonderful.
Speaker 4: There's just.
Speaker 1: A single lining grave places a two lines is ten ninety five.
Speaker 4: And that's how you know.
Speaker 1: And then when they get off the Sally Band murder, you've sent them back. Those people look at wouldn't say, oh, that's excellent, that's very good. And then of course next thing is coming is will be finally homebred weaning, I guess, And that's another don't really need. Well, every fole has to be identified and easily identified, so that's how you treat them. Then they'll be yearling sales and all kinds of stuff going on right now. And that's another place you have to haven't looking really good, really nice falters, like they're all dressed up going somewhere.
Speaker 4: Because that's a big deal.
Speaker 1: And what comes after your sales, I don't know. It's just you know, routine reading stock sales, turnout stock hump.
Speaker 2: Reading stock sales, reading stock sales another and the fall you want. Well, I think there's one in July, is that right?
Speaker 1: One of one of them? Have a'm looking like a million dollars, and that it's got anything to do with leathers A million dollars of what you're looking at at quoting leather in fact, like I said, twenty thousand.
Speaker 4: Ulsters a year ship world wide.
Speaker 1: Quoting dot compare Kentucky eight five eight seven oh two one five.
Speaker 2: Al Right, Well, let's see they running a couple of states of Laurel today, both of them one hundred thousand dollars. The Jamila stations of that's the one that Michael was talking to giving it. It's a long shot one and did you did you haven't, but that was number That.
Speaker 1: Was the eighth race.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that was the stake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was it. That was the Jamela Remember, oh.
Speaker 4: Okay, who did he pick?
Speaker 1: He picked?
Speaker 2: His literature was number three. And he also liked number six. Okay, number three. His next girl by a horse named Divining Rods. He might stand to be standing in in Maryland. The number six. Now, kay, life over laughter time you were married by a lemon drop pid read by the Elkstone group. I believe these that this is a list of states that's got one hundred thound dollar. Parkers was part pox money, Donald Turf going six furlong. Those are about three point thirty. Billy's in marriage and uh all of brave is l A L L A B R E V. He is number one, but Mendelssohn stand for word. Ashford stood course he's actually rank I think he's sixteenth on the stylis. Now he's he's he's a great one. Winner. He's he's a half whether they're in the midschief beautiful bread.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll tell you that's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Well he was a pretty big deal. Hollywood Walk is number two by Animal Kingdom. Don't know where he stands, mister R. Larry Johnson. Uh, he's trent a lot of nice horses in it and it is it's owned by the estate of R. Larry Johnston. I didn't know he had passed away. He was a Maryland guy. He's from Maryland. R. Larry Johnson and he was a client of uh mccalling feed.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And he's read three or four states well, at least two stakes winners this year. Huh. And I thought he was. I didn't know that he had passed away. But uh is owned by the estate of Larry Johnson, so obviously he had yes and asked you. The number three is the next girl my horse name Divining Rod. Number four is cut from Fast by Blame. Both blamed Sandel were at Cleven Farm, Uh Mike and Debby morning bred This number four there Number five in vasariety by Holy Boss. Number six is Life, Love and Laughter by a Lemon Drop Kid. That's out of Uh, of course the name of the Lemon drop kid that was in the movie that.
Speaker 4: It's that guys and dolls.
Speaker 2: Guys and dolls, Yeah, yeah, yeah. What was the name of that thought that wrote that I've got book black and those guys and dolls? Uh big racing fan.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I just can't.
Speaker 2: You can't think of his name either. I will life, love and laughter of a Lemon dropt kids, everybody, the Elkstone Group, Moonlight Kiss by Great Notion. That's a nice name. And now jun To produced by Kobe Spack. You don't know that horse and get the grab a fast Anna and that was the Demea this stake, And let's see what else we got here at all? Did I give you the fan's catch steaks hundred thousand dollars? We open up? Fellow was on the grass. Grabs and beer is number one by Blowfield. Number two is King Coby by Animal Kingdom. Number three is Synatric by Thomas the Atar read by next Door Neighbors Thomas the Atar Benson Farm. But then mister Thompinson Great Idea is number four. I don't know where he has either out flankers. Number five. I had to have him by force to pass under job h Palace Malice determined Kingdom by Animal Kingdom When I get to Heaven by Street Magician read by mister Johnson again and number ten the Tall Porter by al Work maybe more than that and a yeah also eligible ss Sinatra by Desert Party probaby boy but he's had enough see Barbados, Barbara Dukes, momp run by Tapatur emboldened by the factor and on the outside, number sixteen if it gets in playing notion by great Notion, Very very good. Let's see where we are right now. I'm better do a Spencer and farm Henry take care of them well. The historic Delaware Oaks who was going last Saturday, but finally are three old Philly by the popular Upstart Up starts leading money winning sun is then don who stands at Spencer fall the Breeder's fall. Then do I'm one of the great one Bugray states right out here at Kennan one Grade two Woodwood States in New York. As a matter of fact, he won or placed in eleven states, all graded states and earned two million, two hundred thousand dollars. Stick to those of eleven states were Grade one stakes. The Kentucky Derby the bluegrat the Travelers, the Whitney the Metropolitan de Pennsylvania Derby Zandan competed at the highest level to earned that two million, two hundred thousand dollars and there's more. Xand On is a superb duin Visil, one of the best looking Grade one winners from the same ap and d Sateeline and his first fools were arriving this year and they too were outstanding. It stood me is ten thousand dollars ve hold in stakes. Last weekend, the Grade three eaton Town States at Mamouth was won by Whiskey Precision, a North America's leading sire in the mischief and the winner of the Alcopas run States and Delaware was also one by the son of ind Mission. One hundred and fifty town out of pekas of stakes was one by Bracketbuster, a three year old coot by Focomao stands over at spenscert fab and he's the nation's leading second crop sire. And the hundred town dollar a unique Believe States at Park went to from me and Nida by Maximum Mischief, who ranked second only the Omaha Beach is Stable made at Spencery Farm among all leading third crop sires. Not a really nice young sort stood horses over there, just called dead of Brian and Mark Daniel and asked about a possible late season deal eight fou nine to nine four zero three years zuo and the website is Spencer Farb dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, now get to talk about our buddy Hill Parker.
Speaker 4: One of the best, huh, one of the best.
Speaker 2: One of them.
Speaker 1: He is a interesting though, because he has has two sort of careers. One is he's a realtor, the other as.
Speaker 4: He's a horseman.
Speaker 1: He's a member of the all the full time realtor, member of all the various association's state, local, and national, and.
Speaker 4: Graduated from UK College of Business.
Speaker 1: And at the same time he's a life and source trainer and living stage years of experience with the horses. He's got resources out here. He bought sixteen acres on the back of the training center, so he gets you know, he uses the facilities and all that kind of stuff and trains out here. He trained when Ursula was talking and when we were training. Knows his stuff. I mean he was pulling here before he was close and get out, take two horses out, tie him up to the ground.
Speaker 2: Time most of time.
Speaker 1: Hope he tied him up to his They tack one up and go and the next thing we saw here can find down the stretch and they take that one back and get the other one and do the same thing. He really knows what he's doing in both areas, and that's why it's important, particularly if you are interested in farmland buying or selling, whether it's cow farms or horse farms or whatever.
Speaker 4: Especially if you.
Speaker 1: Are buying a cattle farm to transfer into a course stow bread, specially stowbread. You need to talk to Hill for God's sakes. Don't go with somebody that doesn't know. He knows where the barn should be, and.
Speaker 4: Hide the roads and fences and the.
Speaker 1: Story sheds in the grounds, what they should look like, utilities, the condition of the structures. Just for instance, if you're going to breed, you have to have a breeding shed, you have to have turn out for a brand new poll, and a mayor right near there, on and on and on, and if you ain't done it, you don't know how to do it. So think about Hill, and he's got one on the internet now and other horse.
Speaker 4: Are it's beautiful. Yeah, it's a finished one. You don't have to work extra stuff.
Speaker 2: So he's a great guy here. It's like Reagan work together and uh, they're wonderful people. And I'm trust him with my last dollar. And anyway, the best place is getting touch with him. Then we get the hill Teale number at an eight five nine number and six eight a g O three nine. And make sure that you see his website. It's uh uh lex horsefoms dot com, lex horsefoms dot com. You're the nicest people they will run across. Read and Parker and I recommend him highly.
Speaker 3: Now back to Horsetails with Ursua Ellis.
Speaker 2: I wonder if I wonder if James Scully is coming in. I haven't heard him, so no, we'll find out. We'll find out as well. Yeah, we'll find out at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he comes in right after the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope he does. He's fun to listen to. Yeah, eight minutes, he's got eight minutes. Yeah, it's a long time. Yeah, tell me about it. Oh my goodness, excuse me. Okay, m hmm, all right, Well, let's see we're June fourteen in Delaware, but that's a little bit early for that isn't it well too? I know what I'm gonna talk about it? What's that? Uh Mystic Dan going to stand over? Yah and ed when he's retired. He's got some more running to do. He's headed towards, of course, the Breeders Cup Classic. So Kenny McPeek is going to send him, you know, but one last year's Kentucky Derby. Anyway, these are three time graded stakes with him, and he's earned more than four point four million dollars and he's been a pretty kind of useful horse, isn't he And he's been campaigned throughout his career. But Kenny and Kenny, Kenny is a great guy. I really like him. He should have been uh should have got the Eclipse Award for uh settling this horse, Mystic Dan and the Derby head he's settled in one year, two days there, the Derby winner and the low twinter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know that this makes me crazy.
Speaker 2: And I voted a farm for.
Speaker 1: That's a trick that didn't happen how often.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I voted for him for Hall of Fame too. I don't think. I don't think he got in there, but he will be one of these days, that's for sure, for sure, for sure, we will you know he'd be the hell of a field man mistic Dan when he won the Derby, uh bier Lurione was in there and forever young and Dnner Fierceness was in there. And he also won uh as the Grade three Southwest States at Oaklahm and they ran second, and they in the Preakness and third in the Arkansas Derby, both both of those Grade one and his most recent starter. Of course, he returned to the Church of Downs Winter Circle with the victory and the Grade three Blame States. That was on May thirty one. That's just the other day, said the news takes record that day. So he came back with class, with a great run. The scheduled to make his next starting a great one, Stephen Foster, and that's on June or twenty eighth, that's next Sriday. So can you have him ready? That's for sure once again. And of course uh uh miss again is Golden Golden Sands who stands over his body in the midstip and he stands as spencer from and go. Since he won the preders kept dirt mile twice. Also in the Santa Nita Derby had three gray one States runners, you know, and he was very very nice house in Golden Sans Court, Santo with Spencer from chick Can. So it's uh uh h. Kenny also trained Holland Holiday. Did you know that, Jack, But he trained Holland's Holiday now Kennedy, Yeah, yeah, he says, here and our promise you had missed again? Has ever been as good or better than Holland Holiday? Ever was? Well, well, if it didn't make it, Goldenfence has been a very good study of It's not that's not the only great one States win that he's sad down for the years. Yeah, that's but anyway, it's Kenny's always good for a last All right, let's see what we're doing here, uh Mama park today they running the gold Wood States goes off about three twenty five, little early five and a half pharaohms on the turf for three was enough Phillies and mayors Rosie Jeeks in the first three Rose R. S I A and j E. E.
Speaker 1: P s.
Speaker 2: What is it Jeeks Rosie Jeekes. I don't know. Maybe it's appreviation of somebody's name. By all's name world recovered up far is number two by more than ready really top Side is gone now, but he was one time. He decided more in North American States Winners and any other any of the also has stood then goes working as Number three by all named Steve Wizard doubles that the Pharaohs by Catherine Rose is number four. Number five is a true you in by Bricello. Number six is Bell Penns zero the Army knew. I know it's named after the mascot at West Point, and then I damned I would have named the horse Armory music had a run like we had a couple who could not run a mule, But I wouldn't even name that. But anyway, Number seven it's called Me Spicy by Speister. And as to those hoope by Addie Old Charlie in his number eight. Also tomorrow they're running the Wilton Stakes at Belmont Park. It's a mile on the dirt for three old pills one hundred and twenty five dollar part Liam in the Dust by Liam's Math is number one. Cat Chat by flatter Rand Old horses and stood over at Dave and Farm Topsire. He gets winners. Y still getting the winners, and he's been dead for about four years. Things river them up my hall mazag. Yeah, there's number three by Bernardini. Number four is dry Powder by gun Runner. Number five is Pink Ruby by Connecting on the outside and post musicians Sis is sweet. They have a fiend by Quality Room and let's see they're running the musical Man stakes and golf stream under twenty second. That's that's tomorrow. Yeah. Six Ny furlongs on the dirt Sidney five thousand dollars pots. This is kind of an awkward kind of a name. It's a hauling ice, so funny ain't yeah, hey yeah h a U l I end then I seee by cold Front. You know that horse you're getting The runners. Hold them All by Neolithic is number two. Number three is ventually grew over a race day, and number four is Galls the Hermits by my Daddy Door. Number five is a Charlie's wish My first do Fantastic flame is number six by the Very Good Flame Away over at darby vand D a Phony Express sail and on the outside of Princess Andy by Lord Nelson bred by spencerk. Far Od Nels to stand at spens.
Speaker 1: Okay sim nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: It's nine o'clock right, now don't pay.
Speaker 1: I've got to say hi to Betsy and the door a little Betsy.
Speaker 2: Betsy waits for us to say that, to say hi, say how many in the morning. I hope you're listening, Betty. I won't check with you when we get home. Yeah. Well. July fourteenth and Delaware and the Great three three hundred down Delaware Oaks was won by Finally or three old filiv Olk Star. Just two race races earlier. The two hundred down dollar Kate Hallip in state went to vote Noble four old by divisiderio us starting to visit Oura boats stand at Edstad. Finally, despite bobbling at the start, led all the way to win the Delaware Oaks by three winding lengths. We're interested in the third win from four starts. She's also won the two hundred and fifty down out of Virginia Oaks, so we colonial bands. That was in March and she's earned over three hundred and thirty nine puts. She was great by burden set Jones, one of my all time favorite people. Of course, he founded edridgaid Rered twenty stakes winners last year. That's the big number. Anybody three twenty stakes winners in the city Ship and this this horse said was raised over on ered Rest and then they show land does there we go? Landon is a Grade one States winner of two million feeling the down and also placed in the Kentucky Dercan DoD Trees with fourteen percent of upstarts runners They've earned Black Guy Upstart, earning a million seven hundred and thirty six seven. He's a great representative of ap and the shilde keeping hell open is the third States winner but rote know and he's earned over six hundred and twenty eight thousand I with thirty seven poles in his first two cops of Visit their own is also started to Abumar States winner over four hundred and thirty seven poun of course two states place runners at Biste Visit. Darrow Warner place in fourteen states and earned a million six hundred and six thousand dollars. He's one of one hundred and twenty stakes winners by Kitten's Joy. He enjoy top of North American chilas. I'm among all thoosand he was the leading grass i.
Speaker 1: How many times five times six times?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was the leading sire in North America.
Speaker 2: One year to Troy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was in the height of the poly track here, I believe it with like an eight or O nine when Keemland had the poly track in like southern California had synthetic Rason and that really, you know, benefited him because he's such a I mean, he throws some dirt runners too, but he threw like grade one winners on the synthetic.
Speaker 2: That's James Sculler token. Now he's gonna come on and give us a couple of winners here just a minute, Well, did did the veo's dam As we said about Limon dropt here, He's had an hundred and eighth station with it hard hitting pedigree. This is uh, there's a demo's living up to it. He's just five thound and left hold upstart, phased twenty five thout and left little well in the stands that it understood called Shannon McCown eight five, nine eighty seven, three seventy two City and the whipsit and they stood that. James just came in. He's going to do some winners here in a couple of seconds. I mean, Daman Jos some very nice things about Bloodstock Research Information Service.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good morning, Ursul and Jack Tie and bo uh the yes, I mean Bloodstock Research bristinet dot com. It's the handicapper says is the source of handicapping related products for all North American tracks. We have reports for harness racing and international racing as well past performances. I got a lot of analysis up for Final devil Olasca today and got workout reports as well tip sheets. Now it'sis pedigree information, trainer jockey information and much more. If you're looking for handicapping information, bristnet dot com it's your place, all right.
Speaker 2: That's a great organization. I've been affiliated with him now, Yeah, like the eighties at least.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe seventies.
Speaker 2: I don't know the latest. Seventies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they used to I remember back in the day. Steve Moody, Oh yeah, miss Steve. Yeah. Anyway, Today is the next to last weekend of racing at Churchill and it is actually night racing, final night racing of the spring meet, so it starts at six o'clock. It's got a Caribbean style night theme and I have a big crowd and DJs and more. They're going on as well as the racing and the racing highlighted by the Grade two Chicago. It's a good steak eleven horse field for Phillies and Mayors, going seven for along. It's on the main track. It's headed by Boba, who's the champ a Grade one winner. She was four four for four at Churchill, but she got beat in the Derby City Distaff by Copian and that was their second straight unplaced effort. She didn't run well in the Phillia Mayor Sprint last fall, so we'll see if Baba can bounce back. It's a pretty tough field though Emery's the morning line favorites. You've got Claire Beret shipping in seit Lows is really good at six prolongs. We'll see if she can get seven. But the worst I like is number nine. My main squeeze this affiliate that just runs her best races at Churchill Downs last year, and I think she has two good preps for Mike Maker. She's poised to run a big race, so I'm going with my main squeeze in the Chicago. I also highlight the big race at one of the big The other real big race today in America is the Ohio Derby. It's the biggest thurbred race of the year in Ohio and get a pretty solid field. It's headed by Clever Again, who won two races at Oakland Park Road impressively and then was a five to one second choice in the pre miss but it didn't work out, But he'll try to bounce back. McAfee's in there with a chance off a close second in the peter Pan to Hill Road. But the horse I like his Chunk of Gold number two. I think he's gonna sit a good trip. I think Moplex it's gonna put some speed in that race for Clever again, and I think Chunk of Gold number two is gonna run well on the Hio Derby.
Speaker 1: Where is the Ohio Derby being thistle Down?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was. I went up that one year with a friend of mine. Oh god, that was back in the nineteen It's outside of Cleveland, that's it. Yeah. Used to be Randall Park right across right across road and with two tracks. Really yeah, Randall Park is now a shopping center. You know, you walked up the gate for one and the gate would right person there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: We used to race up there some. But anyway, I was up there with both some places I'm still running.
Speaker 4: You probably ran in raced at Miles Park.
Speaker 5: We got somebody call in. I did a radio show on Thursday night and and talk about r A Jones, Cowboy Jones and how they used to see him win races at Miles Park, which he ruled in LUs too. Oh yeah, well, I mean, of course at Ellis. They got a state.
Speaker 2: Named for him at Elis.
Speaker 5: That's where he was really coming back and riding at the end of his career, primarily with Ellis, you know, when his seventies and but yeah, he mopped up at ls and smaller tracks.
Speaker 2: In the fifties and sixties.
Speaker 4: Smaller tracks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, Miles Park, I mean moles Parks didn't close until nineteen seventy five. That was just sea level as it gets.
Speaker 2: Is born down and then originally put up on when they came from Miles far. Yeah they told her down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that was sea level that they had Churchill going on. And even back then Churchill outside of Derby Weekend, Uh ran a lot of claiming races, you know. You know, Keelan had good racing, but uh, the biggest racing you know, was in New York at that time. You know, at least he's a Mississippi in Chicago. Chicago was bigger than Kentucky in a sense, at least during the summer.
Speaker 1: What you rank though, is where would you have ranked California.
Speaker 5: Oh, they were up there too, but I mean, yeah, yeah, but the thame in California was California was real big at Santa Anita and Hollywood. But there was a period like when del Mar would go would take over and they had to go down south. You know that a lot of the top barns with Arlington for the summer. So a guy like Shoemaker, who wrote won a lot of titles at Hollywood and Santanita. He won a lot of todd at Arlington because he would go ride at Arlington in the summer, like when Delmar was going on, and uh, you know that was back in the different era.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 5: And then all of a sudden, del Mar, you know, came back into fashion as well. You know, I mean Saratoga had a little bit of the same thing where there were barnes that just wouldn't go there. It was a four week session forever until now it's like.
Speaker 2: Two more than two month.
Speaker 5: Now it starts on the third and ends. Labor Day starts July third this year, so.
Speaker 2: It's two full months, but back then it.
Speaker 5: Was four weeks. So a lot of big barns in New York just didn't go down there. They ran some Whitney's and some races, they didn't get the best of fields that might have had one good horse in them. But that's why Mary Lou Whitney was so essential to Saratoga, I mean both both. You know, she really like there was like you know, at the time, there were people back in the fifties and you know, sixties who question even the need to keep running it there. And but when Mary Luke came around, she really helped revitalize the town and the racing and with instrumental like a matriarch to it. And Delmore had a little bit of the same thing where you know, they're racing was like a little bit like lesser than what was going on and sending in a Hollywood for a period, and then it got back into where it was really like coveted looks.
Speaker 1: Like fairgrounds just gonna.
Speaker 5: Make it's gonna race. Yeah, they got dates they're gonna run. They start in November. Yeah, the running it Yeah, they're they're gonna be open. Yeah, for sure, I mean absolutely. You know, there's not a lot of turf race and there's really no turf racing outside of of the Florida you know, so if you're not going to uh go Stream or Tampa. You know, that's why I mean to me, Fairgrounds is real appealing for these uh you know, for you got some really big barns. You got uh Steve Asmussen and brack Hawks.
Speaker 2: They got a lot of horses. They got a lot of good horses stabled at.
Speaker 5: Fair Grounds in the winter. And the reason they like it, you know, but it is the tracks good to train on. It's a good main track to train on, and they got turf racing and uh yeah, so you know, I'm glad it's open for sure. I mean it's the persons are going to remain at the same level as last year. So it'd be nice to see you know, those those continue to go up. But uh, you know, I think that uh uh you know, the the races down there, for the Derby and the Oaks, they're big deals and they got big supporting stakes around it.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: That's all got to have.
Speaker 2: Some of his own tracks, and you know like wood Car I was there. I don't know anytime. So that's so Swaps said a woral record there. So ms Todd said a world record there. She was a two year old Philly. Yeah, she was about your host.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and yeah, I've been the one I went there. I went there for the Burgers Cup when skip Away won it and ninety seven, and I've been there before. I went there once in the winter, which was pretty cold because me and Buddy went all around the place. There was nobody there.
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 5: Cold in December, so we got the run of the whole place. And uh but uh yeah it was awfully cold. Fine into Ink into Lax which is terrible airport, but you can see the track.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fine then and uh we're making the Golden Game. I did.
Speaker 5: I mante the Golden Gate. That was really nice neat too. I liked that view of the mountains there behind the track, you know, like in the middle of the afternoon right there. Yeah, the bay like part, you know, I pulled up in the parking lot, pulled right up there looking at the Alcatraz Bay. There was a part the bay to face the back of the track and then it was right on it and then the track itself faced uh the hills there where Berkeley is, you know, right where you you know the yeah baby benches right and yeah. But on the in the back they clouds every afternoon would come through.
Speaker 2: It would be a pretty.
Speaker 5: Cool like kind of scenery, you know, and at least that's what the regular sit there.
Speaker 2: I used to go pretty reg I went to boot camp there and threw out, and my day they'd got me a uh pas golden gates. So every change I got, I was a golden gate, you know.
Speaker 5: I got. I know, like he's saying, now you saw Swaps running, you know something swaps. He was Calburt. He was so legendary. He was beloved by the people in California.
Speaker 2: And he was great.
Speaker 5: But I know that Gary Young, he's cocker pretty, you know, he's you know, he's been in with Bafford as such. But he used to we used to do He used to do some stuff for Twin Spires at the Derby Saw. I would talk to him and such and pretty really nice guy. And I was just talking about how he got introduced to racing, and he was saying, you know, he grew up in Chicago and he went out to Arland and Park when he was a kid, and he was like six bout six, he said, and his dad, Uh, they went out to the apron for the big race that day and his dad, who was pretty smoking, he said, put him up on his shoulders and he said, watch this one, kid. Uh, he's a good one. And it was doctor Fager like one of it is like the watching it handicap. I think he might have said, like the world recorders. Yeah, and he watched it right there the apron his dad's shoulders, and yeah, I mean, what a memory.
Speaker 2: What I spent one severe up there.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Originally another track is gone, the old Washington Park.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, Washington Park exactly.
Speaker 2: They also had another track fight at that time named Lincoln Fields. I remember too. That's where spats home Boker's maiden first. The first seven he ran, he went by twelve. We've got lots of pictures so that this old track, right.
Speaker 5: I got one more horse for you before I get out of here. At Churchill tonight, race number seven, number ten Army Officer. He's nine to two brad Cox trained gelding. He's second off the Freshening and last year he ran his best stray second off the freshening, you know, coming back off the rest from a race in March at Turf Place. Dack Saint pattern today ran the next second last time, and he's in there like he's nine to two. I mean there's there's a few horses that are shorter prices on the morning line. Uh so he get offered some value at least.
Speaker 4: All right, my friends, you're doing today?
Speaker 1: You're going to racist anything?
Speaker 5: No, I'm going next week though. Uh so I'm going to Churchill. I might be going early, but I'll let y'all know. Okay, all right, sounds good.
Speaker 1: I like your Oh you got a Saratoga shirt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Saratoga Racecourse brought.
Speaker 2: That out there. Thanks for coming in, Jay, It's always nice to talk to you, hey bo. Thanks for living in. If I can contribute somehow, oh yeah, that boots Me'll now ridiculous. You can say anything that every time I opened my mouth over wherever I let's see Clayburne. Okay, okay, we're talking about Prince of Monaco again. One in first arc Monaco. Yeah right, it's a country. Yeah, I know, Princess what's her name? And what was her name?
Speaker 4: Grace?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, she got killed in an automobile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was gorgeous. What was that movie that we we like loved so much? What that she was in. There was a movie that she was in and the the French guy that was on there with her, and you know he was they danced, you know remember that.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yes, he wasn't French, she was.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, he was Louis Giordanald's Yeah, what's the teacher of the kids.
Speaker 2: And she was the princess.
Speaker 1: To marry the prince and she fell for the tutor and then then.
Speaker 2: Everything worked out.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I love that movie.
Speaker 1: It's so sweet.
Speaker 2: We've got it. It's gotten just the swan, Yeah, the Swan. Yeah yeah. Prince of Monaco. One of his first started as a twold, won by eight lengths, given notice that he was something special. Win the six pongs and the Stax record nine flat. And his second start, they won the Great three Best Battle States of del Mark. Then he won the Great One del Mall for two d he went seven, one, two and two. I said the fast time for twi old, and it's only two stars to three. He came within less than the length and went in two Grade one states, both of them at Saratola in the Grade one wooded Stevens, he got bumped and Prince back at the start came from over sixteen links out of it to finish a fast closing about half links, get beat about half a lank, seven farms, one twenty one. Then they finished second by neck and the greater one hl in Jerkin States, going seven falls, one and three. He's a superb individual. Bench of Monico was red by Stone Street film and holding and soldiers are earing at Saratot. They brought nine one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. He's by champion sprinter and moving south south spits down moneys. That comes to mind by being by splitsdown money, though they stand for sixty five thousand dollars that now, and he's worth it. Prince of Monaco's damn is by the popular and successful Medallia Doro. She'sa has sisters. The two States ones into the dam of a millionaire Necker Island. Lots of black type. Here Frinch of Monico standing his first scene at third thirty thousand stands of nurses. It's late in the season. It's not too late, well, Jacob West over Craven though he's at nine nine eight seven two s three and took a website which is Craven FA.
Speaker 1: God call. I could say a few words about our friends over at HEP, and I mean friends. It's it's an insurance agency, but after you've dealt with them for a while, they're friends. They're they're they do their work and they do such a good job of it that you're so well, what please that you're dealing with them, because they're they're just they've got a small town attitude and a big down work.
Speaker 4: That's the truth.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we've been with Hope Well for over thirty some years, I don't know, not long, but they sure have made life easy. Or when it comes to books, the tree got oct over into the house, ups struck by lightning, one thing after another, well, oh how many thirty some years we haven't had it to or three maybe full claims. But anyway, when you call them up there there, it's just wonderful. They here's how that works, and I think it's brilliant. They're an independent insurance agency. They are not tied to some mega worldwide company where they've got zillions of numbers and you're just one of them.
Speaker 4: So what they do is they have looked over.
Speaker 1: Stable, reliable, well run insurance companies, picked out the best for certain kind of you know, policies, and when you come in and ask, you know, we're interested in your insurance, they'll give you a review in comparison of your insurance, pick out what's best for you. And that's how it works. It's it's excellent and it's real personal. You call it and a person says, hope, well company, and you say it ted in yeah, just a minute, you know.
Speaker 2: Bum tended, umpend and ted.
Speaker 4: And yet it was it at the post office.
Speaker 1: I think he's not.
Speaker 2: The last time was out at the Cleveland Bump. Oh yeah, that was on Wednesday because I was taking my commercials and dropping it off out there for Yeah, then the check and yeah, he came walking in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a great guy. They're just super they've been well, they've been in business since nineteen fifty five. Now they're doing it right. Otherwise they wouldn't be in business since nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 4: So you might call local number. Of course everything is eighty five.
Speaker 1: No, it's nine eight seven two three or seven nine eight seven two three four.
Speaker 4: Seven, or.
Speaker 1: Stop in the office eight twenty Maine in Parish. When you go into Paris is one way, they're on the right to drop in and anyway, said, do a great job for you.
Speaker 2: All right, I wonder if you got in touched with Doc down there, he's got accomference with morning. Oh he's not available now, okay, that's step the wriors. His coach is up there now supposedly.
Speaker 4: I was, oh, is it there?
Speaker 2: Well, well, we got the train the trainers. He's got a farm.
Speaker 1: Did he ever name that thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But it was a name that I can't remember, very complicated name.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well like that granddaughter saying fell back.
Speaker 4: Or if you or something like that. I had no idea, No name was like that. Driving yes, yeah, okay, anyway, carried on.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well let me do a couple of things here. Oh what I do I've got to take care of that's gonna take it a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's up next?
Speaker 1: Is Darby Dan in twenty five minutes already?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll tell you what. I'll go ahead and take care of Darby Dan and i' mccaulleye. Feed. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you send something to Stuart hasgiving it Darby Dan and he says I want to thank you or in order.
Speaker 4: Stewart sends back pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he said his kids only said you're too old?
Speaker 2: Is that one I sent himselfing on modern I said he didn't come back and say cool on that. He came back and said, I want you to put in at a monitor's cold. So for three hundred thousand dollars the OBS saving earlier this week. Yeah, so that's in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've sent that back, said congratulations in nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, but the first foes of model, that's the two year olds, and three of them has started and all three picked up checks. His first winter is stressed an easy winter to quote the chart of the race that was thirty three thousand dollars Maiden specially his own star on June fifteen, and in his very first start, easy winner, putting it kind of mildy. It won by nine lengths and time just two visits, a second off the track record, beating nine other two yo olds. He was impressive, stretched with great in Kentucky by Phoenix Farming Racing, and he sold for ninety thousand dollars at the OBS March Sale. Two other youngsters from the first Cup by models have started both then have picked up chicks Checks, Fencing, Diamond and a Maiden specially then earlier this week a cope by Modernist. So for three hundred thousand dollars at the overs June sale. Modernists, well, he's got a license to sar Runner. He's the Greatest States winner with a great pedigree focus made at Aqueduct by four one and Grade two hithm Star Station is very next Star Place and the Grade two Louisiana. Derby went on to win the Grade three Excelsior in New York, finishing the money in two grated States. Modernist is by the late great Siren south Side Uncle Moe. He's out of symbolic gesture. She's by ap Andist Bernardini, out of brood Mare of the year's Sweet Life Sweet Life of States runner and Grade one place Runner two Greatest Cup Champions Stamp material Old Philly sweep Canamine winner three Grade one States and Life is Sweet win her fourth Greatest States two Grade one Mardernist stands to Darby Dan she is a very modest five thousand dollars live hold his ethers will also for Darby Dance Breeders Assurance Plan. You don't have to pay his feed, and it's not due until sixty days after the flowing. What you need to do is call Stuart Fitzdemmens, fitz Gibbon and Stewart I Woodie. He'll make your dety be Cameter fuse eight five nine two five four four two four. Take her to the websites garby Dan dot com. Well, it was another good week for McCauley feed. The Grade three three hundred thousand dollars Delaware Oaks was won by Finally, a Philip by Burnsey Jones and raised on McCauley seeds by Eridred Study. Finally has also won the Virginia Oaks and three of a four start uh the Grade three hundred fifty thousan dollars Savage a mile one to Bishops Fab by Windstar Farm. He's sposted seven wins, three seconds and ten starts, won three stakes, two grated, and earned over six hundred and three thousand dollars. Windstar also bread Admiral Dennis one of the two hundred down dollars Delaware and Dirty. He's a four hundred and twenty six thousand dollars Graduate m keenan September sales in one hundred and fifty found dollar Easton Eaton Town States was one by Whisky decision until he bred by Fred W. Hurchin the thirty and John Fielding and raided John Waterfare Swarm Watercourse, one of our neighbors. She has won four where he starts two states and three hundred and five thousand dollars and the two hundred thousand dollars Charliywood States that chosen downs went to Rebel Rend. He was also placed in graded states. He was bred by John Dunster. Of course he's a long time client of my Paully Feeds and the breeder of the great Triple Clan winner and leading charge justifive just by stand to national stud as we all know, and Ash is another customer of macaulay Feeds. Congratulations with everybody learned more about the products of mccaullar Feeds than the free services available. It's called doctor John Lou Amy Parker, Jenny Marsh. There's the numbers about nine eight seventy three thirty three thirty three. Take a look at the website at mccauleyfields dot com and of course you're always welcome to stop by. The office is at one eleven. Dog wearing for sales. Mccaully's was the first freed meal in the nation to produce products exclusive me for the horse, and that practice could continue to this day. And that's why we stay at McCauley Feeds. It's all about the horse.
Speaker 3: Now back to the Thoroughbred Training Center and ursul ellis.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, what I have to do now, I't to take care of our friends. Over to Kentucky two bed Over and Breeders Associates you and KTE has Chumsy mars to give you Kentucky bed winners of state races. Last weekend, the Grade three three hundred found dollars Delaware Oaks was won by finally by upstart, upstart stand over at Heredridston and with Brenver Burton see Jones, Master of Everdgstern, his brother, his son Brett runs it down very passed away and I still miss that guy. The Grade three hundred and fifty down doll of Eaton Town Stakes at Marmat Park. On to Whiskey decision. Whiskey decision is by in the mischief Briver Fred Herfrid's third and John D. Fiey. The one hundred and fifty down dollar Sabatoe a mile Bishop's Bay one that I said Uncle mole redver Windstar Farm, one hundred and fifty down dollar Pegans the stakes at Mallatt Park, bracket Buster about the Coma Coma the Nation three and second crop sire over at Spencer Farm, and this one bred by David Baxter. And I see hennlopin stakes and then we're apart and vote No. One that to visit Darrow read by Miss mister A. John Price. The hundredown dollar our Copus Run Stakes in Delaware went to full Moon Madness by In the Minsief read the J. M. S. Stables. The one hundred thousand dollars Stormy Blue Steaks and Law went to uh Galloped basle By In the Mischief read by Don Don Albertual Corporation. The one hundred thousand dollars Unique Bella Stakes at the Parks Carmelina one that actual Mischief forward Spencer Farm read by uh E liliath E Boucher. The hundred down dollar Get Serious Stakes that Mama went to super Child by Lord Nelson read by Spends Farm. These two hundred down out of Delaware Derby winner went to Admiral Dennis by constitution bred by Windstar Farm. The possibly perfect stakes at Santa and A didn't miss disaster on that by looking at Lucky. George Strawburn, Junior Burndin looking at Lucky wasn't so lucky in the derby. He had the number one post position and damn near hit the finish almost hit when he went by the finish line the first time he was had lost all chance right there, but he went on to be a cop raation. Let's see the tune The found out of twenty wood stakes at Churchill Downs went to Rebel red by Frankel read by mister John Gunter. Uh it takes Let's see the one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars the Monoway Girl Stakes at Churchill Down. Take Charge, My Lady, one that I take charge indeed by Marrabelle Stables.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's see the doog of Cambridge States and well Ascot Crimson Advocate one that by Nichlist read by Whitehall Cane Farm in Kentucky. You got one more for you, The great two Classical THEA Delos Padre stakes goed to I Funk Spanish and spent in high school. Uh do you think I'm kids? Uh? Let's at Camaro Racetrack went to Eddie Pelson, but Tapa Tour read by Ze Racing in Kentucky. Tapatur Now I stood up in Canada. It's been a very nice Cinamos Pa. Well. The historic Delaware Oaks was one last Sturday. But finally the three old fully by the popular South startup starts leading money when sun is landon land and stands a Spencer farm the Breeders Farm Landon won the Grade one Bluegrass States right out here at Kennan, one of the Grade two Woodward states in New York. As a matter of fact, he won a place in eleven states, all graded states and earned two million, two hundred thousand dollars. Six of those eleven stakes for Grade one stakes, the Kentucky Derby, the Bluegrass, the Travers, the Whitney, the Metropolitan, and the Pennsylvania Derby. Lanning completed at the highest Little earned that two million, two hundred down and there's more. Landown is a superb individual, one of the best looking Grade one winners from the same ap and e shire lines and his first folk who were rather than his here in they two outstanding instead for his ten thousand dollars a lot of fold in states last weekend, the grade three eaton Town as Mama was won by Whisky Precision on North America's leading shire in the mission and the winner of the Alcohoques run stakes, and delaware that Saint Dave was also won by a son of in the mission. One hundred and fifty down out of pages of state it one by Bracketbuster and three Old Baba Como, the nation's leading second crop time and the one hundred thw dollars unique video States and Parks until from the Ilia by my actual minister to rank second only the Omaha Beach, his stableman at friends with farm Imong leading third crop side. Why don't you go daz a Brian or mar for Daniel and ask about the possible late season A five nine, two nine fours yusual thirty. Take a look at the website which is Benthreefarm dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey talk about Sally Van.
Speaker 2: They're the best.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's about sums and up and they've been in business forever. How long have you known them?
Speaker 2: F Right the family. Yeah. Oh god, I knew her great grandfather.
Speaker 4: See there you go.
Speaker 2: And they're no friends by allege one of my old time favorites gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I met the Coole when Betsy was in Pummy Club a billion years ago. I mean, they've been in and out and around in the horse business forever.
Speaker 4: And they're so good at what they do.
Speaker 1: They covered the whole thing inside, outside, upside down. They've got a great place over there to take care of their equipment. I mean, it says good looking and up to date. Boy, they're good looking when they come down the road, aren't they. And they're safe and they're really proud of their drivers at sally Van. They're experienced drivers, experienced horsemen, and that's what it takes.
Speaker 4: So think about that.
Speaker 1: The next time you loaded your horse into a sally Van, you could depend on the fact that the person behind and the wheels was best in the business. So, folks, a sally Van wouldn't have any out of the way and that's why for more than half a century, Sally horse Vans dot Com have been the safest way to the winner circles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's talking about Pappy pew At Yeah. Uh he changed an old horse for my dad and Aeric Snowden, and I think Frank few had on the piece of him. We've got a picture of the hand at home. Yeah, I can win. And uh the old horse could run nice shoulder, Yeah he could run. He he Uh. Fatty owned a little restaurant down on the corner of Sell at seventh and and Limestone. He wouldn't want to eat down there now, but at that time it was a very popular place. Horseman would go in there because everybody John, I was John, Dad with John. If your mother walked in, it was John. He was just a great guy. Yeah, he was more fun to be around and anyway, but he trained Aleric and Alerican was the name is Irish for naughty boy, and he was naughty throng to Ditionanna Jack Hodgins had him. They couldn't even get him on the racetrack. And I told the story before, I'm gonna tell again in case that we've got a new listener somewhere. Uh. He got rid of him to get rid of this, so we I don't want to look at him and get Yeah, he was out of a mare named Little Chris and uh By burn Borough out of little Chris anyway that Dan says, I'll take him. I liking. Dad took him down to Nicholas County had a turned him out. Two three old workhorses down there, left him out because the snow was flying up in December from Yeah, and went to get him and those two horses are beating the hell out of it, and they took it. Dixie had a van down there and Dad said, the old tour down, get me in there. He wants the hell out of there, and they start hitting. Pappy took him and they started seeing peppermants and everything.
Speaker 1: And he.
Speaker 2: When it first start broke up a betting coup that was going on between a local farm owners down here and UH and a veterinarian down It's a lot of people will know I'm talking about it. Trip and down anyway, broke that up. He ran three quarters and nine down in river dams, which was horses don't do that the rivers down.
Speaker 4: Not in a Salem band.
Speaker 2: He took him up to.
Speaker 4: UH.
Speaker 2: It took him up to uh Thistle down and Randall Park up there, and they used to run these fifteenth down by the handicaps every weekend. He won three of them. Yeah, and then he came back to elections and then really got excited. Uh. He met Dixianna horse in the first in his first start here allowan race going six and a half furlong and this Dixanna horse was a favorite of coach Dixana was trained by mister Art and a lark and lark and run three quarters and nine that day. Oh funny think of it. Anyway, he won by by six lengths the Dixannah horse in second grant. I don't know if Dad went to see that or not, right, you know, sa you.
Speaker 4: Something on point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ke mc got a new cat. Oh my god, I go ahead and faded out. That's Kenny. Yeah, well it's celebrating. There is a deba double Yeah. I might even get a double tattoo. We can work out a sponsorship for my tatoo show. We'll talk with that. Do more than that for me for getting me tattoos. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but anyway, but anyway, La run, We've got a couple. We've got pictures, all kind of pictures of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, I've got how old was he when he died?
Speaker 4: Because you said you had the black smous out there, and you got one worse shoeing at I.
Speaker 2: Mean, yeah, I guess yeah, And uh we came back that afternoon and U and he had broken his shoulder, uh huh in a pat That's when I had that place out the old Richmond Road out there. Yeah, and I was I was suspect. He was seventeen eighteen years. We've been taken care of him for a long time. That's what got me in the horse and his dad d right at this little place to take care of there. And my dad passed away, and so I took that over. Yeah, and it was I had it was like a ten style barn. I had one horse out there, and so I ended up picking up a couple of hours. And that's what one of the things you got me. Yeah, you know. But anyway, Okay, let's see where we are now.
Speaker 1: I can't tell what to tell me.
Speaker 2: That's water tell well, let's see. Uh, they're running the Chicago Handicapped at today and they're running at Churchill Downs. The the first two runnings wre in Arlington Park and of course Churcher Down told Arlington Park. But that's for the first two running. Lady Horse named Laser Show in the first lace by Apalachi, the Sun around Table at a Moccasin and he wants He won the first two runnings of it. Pat Day wrote in both of them patched by Appalachi, And she went on with one of the sort the stakes at at two the Gray two races who won NICOLEI in State and the three olds she wanted.
Speaker 1: She the.
Speaker 2: Chicago Bloodwise, the Breeders' Cup Stakes, one of Philadelphia Park Breeders' Cup Stakes, one the Church of Down's Breeders Cup Stakes, one of the lots range states at Churchard Down and placed in a bunch of other states like that, and as earned eight hundred and forty nine thousand, four hundred and forty six dollars. And she was a good producer. They they ran her through forty nine er who were at that time start over Cleman Farm, and she produced Mark Tree who won the Runnington Park Derby and the Great Western sixth also at Remington. The budwiser of the stakes at Remington run third and the great one was the Grade one a Wood memorial and also said new trakt reckon going a mile and seventy yards at Remington Park and see she had a second foe was dead. Third four was a filled named Beam forty nine or she was under raised and she was the damn of Laser Sport who won the Sam Miguel Grade three and it was it was a nice kind of pedigree. The second running of that stakes race was won by Roses Record full of nineteen eighty four bred Cougar the second. That's the horse that was imported. Once you stood Arthur Hancock had Cougar the second stood over and they did people. The horse was a hell of a runner. He won a million bucks. You know who got twenty four stakesms. But he was not Arthur couldn't get many mayors to him. I don't think that matter of fact.
Speaker 4: Year once he Cougar.
Speaker 2: In nineteen sixty six, four sixty.
Speaker 1: Six, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: He had ten oh yeah, oh he was the top racehorse.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a ton of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And he's had some stakes runners, but sixteen crops four hundred and fifty four folds, that's not But the dam of this Roses Record was named Roses was in full bloom by Fleet and as rulers, she was an accessor to a couple of nice sticks from one thousand and four by four years certain South American champion that stood at Clayband Farm and Falaracka and Irish bread A horse named Prince Tenderfoot that went second is sent handicapped, but he won stakes when the Norfolk States and Great three Norfolk Stakes. I think was also out of center. Anita, and she was a pretty good race, Mary said, five year old. She had won in the American Beauty Stakes at o'flon and the Pippin Stakes at Othon, Chicago. Breaders got aty oh there, I don't know who. Dad had said that she never produced much of She had one stakes place to Horus. I feel the named wonderful by Olympia, but she was not much of a producer as that golden all right. I was going to do a little something on Stateley Camp. But who won that stakes race nineteen ninety one she went on It was the champions printer won a great one readers sprinter in Ninete Briant in nineteen ninety she was my Oracius, my proudest Roman Oracius at the bridge. Anyway, we better talk about the Thurbo training center. We've got a few minutes.
Speaker 4: To do this that great police to train?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is. I don't want to years did we train here?
Speaker 1: I don't remember. It's a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been won some races training here, yeah, believe it or not. And then I clocked here for ten years. Yeah, and that's when I'm I always appreciated the track, but I appreciated moree but started clocking because it was ill found out for sure the track was safe. Yes, you wouldn't have one breakdown a here, but you know, seriously breakdown and they take off a good track of these these tracks out here. Matter of fact, you can bring it early out here, break him out here and get it right on going. Because they got that five ah a mile track where you could take them underre just babies. Oh you didn't take him out and back and gat up him on the grass. That got grass. Yeah, that's a nice place to get up back here too. And then they got the I got a mile racetrack and it's a beautiful tractor train on. It's very very safe track. They've got everything you need to hear. They got, as I said, the clocker, they got a better one here now than they had when I was here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, don't.
Speaker 2: Be too hard on yourself. Well, the facts are fact. Uh they you know, they got a starting gate here with a great track crew starting you know, break them into right to get everything done there. And the best thing about the place is the quiet atmosphere. Horse they were horses relax out there, do very well and you can graze your horse, you know, and stall ran is reasonable and the thing to do. Give them a call and asked if they got some stalls. Uh they five I number two nine three eighteen fifty three.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll tell you another thing.
Speaker 2: The stalls have the barns have.
Speaker 4: Two sides of stalls and for each side you get a tack room. Yeah, and you know feed there's place for feed.
Speaker 1: There's the other end.
Speaker 4: There's fay places.
Speaker 1: It's got every it's got all the facilities and bathroom.
Speaker 4: And yeah, all that kind of stuff that you need.
Speaker 2: As matter of fact, they've got a one end. They've got four of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, two tack rooms, two feeding rooms and a bathroom.
Speaker 4: There's spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you know you don't some places you go, you wonder lord where you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this post is really nice that the stall rent is readable. And if you're looking for maybe two three cells or something like that. And I would walk to the barn area and ask if anybody ask some fellows that they would sub believe Yeah, because you hadn't You have to pay rent whether there's a horse.
Speaker 5: In there or not.
Speaker 2: But bo, yes, sir, thank you for helping us out. Always the pleasures, you know, talking about Third Bread Center. I was showing Jackie and you my pictures and every morning when I come down here, I like taking a picture of the track at about seven thirty, yeah, and the horses and sunlight, the sun rising up in the background. I think that's just a neat shout there taking always doing that when I come out, so I have pictures from the last couple of years. Yeah, just that random thing. I just like watching the sun come up over the track and being out here with you all the morning. So well, we officiated coming down. We were talking with James about different tracks for affamation and great views. Emerald Emerald downs in Auburn, Washington. Yeah, they had that mountain behind that behind the track. I think that's a great deer. I've never been out there, but I've seen pictures and I think that's a great deal. Yeah, when they closed down Long Acres out there they moved moved to Emerald Downs. I meant bringing that up to James and asked if he'd never been out there before. Well, probably no, probably, yes, everywhere. Yeah, I'm a little jealous. I'm surprised that he once had been to the Golden Gate. Yeah. The best I can do is because the Kingle and Truckfield Downs and maybe a trip to Turpoint. Yeah, that's the best I can do. Hadn't given been up to well the old River Downs? Said, well, I have been, but not for racing. I don't think i'd ever been up there for racing. I've been up there for concerts at River Ben, which I'm going tomorrow's see will Nelson. But I've never been reprodounced for racing. Uh right now on the river, you know. Yeah, So I'll be up right next to them, right next to the old Tony Allen. I'll be up there tomorrow tomorrow afternoon roasting. Be about ninety eight degrees out there tomorrow, I know. And we just got a new furnace, thank you Lord. And what's the name of that those people who came in and fixed it Linville LiNbO Electric, And uh, we've had them before. The they we've got stuff like.
Speaker 4: Basic insurance people brought over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hope.
Speaker 1: Well, when we got struck by lightning, well, the wires got struck by lightning, and they came over and said they turned things on that you need furnace, some lights because they had to replace the whole buildings. The only thing they did that I was little not thrilled with want to.
Speaker 4: They fixed the stove so I could talk.
Speaker 2: Place my at Union Furnace a few years ago at my house and the company did a great job. And I walked down there and the owner of the company was down there and working on some things, and I said, how are we doing down here? Just because I was curious and interested. He said, oh, we're just been on around and figuring it out as we go. I thought, I don't know how that makes me feel right now. But they did a great job for a job. Well, they came back. We lost our air conditioning and uh Lin the electric came back and fixed it.
Speaker 4: Fixed it fars and they were took him about what.
Speaker 2: Allen Well they once, yeah, once they had to order a part, a couple of parts in order to put in the furnace.
Speaker 1: They just put in a new one.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, but anyway they fixed it.
Speaker 6: So but that one minute, oh you know, but anyway, they came over and fixed it, and uh, yesterday just in time for the heat waver's coming in and we spent them.
Speaker 2: We got lucky. We had We had to spend about four days with four days was it five days without any any air conditioning? But it was that house we've got is it's kind of stays cool. We didn't didn't bother us at all, did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fine, but.
Speaker 2: Anyway we would. We appreciated it until when they left, I said, we'll give you a plug on the air tomorrow, Wimble. I'm sure they could tear it. Okay, we gotta run nights, Gavin, and we'll help kill them on me.
Speaker 7: Now, at Verizon, we have some big news for your peace of mind. For all our customers, existing and new. We're logging in low prices for three years guaranteed on my plan and my home. That's future you peace of mind. And everyone can save on a brand new phone on my plan when you trade in any phone from one of our top brands, that's new phone peace of mind. Because at Verizon, whether you're already a customer, or you're just