Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Night Live. I am your host, Jacob muk The Cajun Night. We're going all over the world tonight, as we do every episode. We're gonna start off in the good old us of A. Then we're gonna take a little trip down south to Mexico where the president was publicly groped by some dude that was drunk, off of his off of his ass, and she.
Speaker 2: Will be pressing charges the video of it.
Speaker 1: You'll watch this and think there's no way this guy is gonna do this to the current seated president of Mexico.
Speaker 2: He had no clue where he was, and I don't think he knew who she was either.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna talk about it right Then we're gonna take a little trip over to the other side of the pond. We're gonna start off in East Asia and work our way west.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna start off talking about Russia.
Speaker 1: And the oil market dip that they have experienced because of the meeting that Trump just had with g China has stopped buying Russian oil. India has also stopped Russian oil. Welt for the most part, anyway, the Russian economy, depending on who you listen to, apparently the Russian economy has been on the verge of collapse since they started this two week special military operation about to hit her four but beside the point it might actually start to hit them with the tear offf situation. Now, we're gonna talk about that in kind. Then we're gonna shift over to the situation in Israel and Gaza. The ceasefire isn't exactly as ceased as we would like to believe, but at least now they are allowing press to go into Gaza City. We're gonna show some videos. Then we're gonna talk about Tanzania and all the wild revolution slash coup slash civil war that is popping off over there. So buckle up, everybody, we're gonna be going in on all of it. Oh and did I also mention Trump is about to start nuclear testing again for the first time in decades and people are pissed. Does he mean bombs or energy? We're gonna talk about it. Actually the answer is very clear. But for anybody that would like to join in on the conversation, every Wednesday night at nine pm Central, go to the link in the description below to the Cajun Night on Patreon.
Speaker 2: We only have one tier for injury.
Speaker 1: We're trying to grow this to be the Wednesday Night gathering of people that like to hear about the things and the stuff of the going zones of the day, the sharing of information, whether it's geopolitical, whether it's history, whether it's religious based, whatever the case may be, this is the time and place to share all of it. So, without further ado, I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen at this time, all spot. I should mention that the only place to get the Cajun Night Live free of commercials and video would be to go to Patreon and see it all for yourself. All right, everybody, let's start off with some of the more negative news here. The twenty twenty five election results are in and the Democrats have taken a lot of seeds that, to be honest, a lot of people are very upset about. The Democrats are screaming like this as a victory. The Republicans are seeing this as the pendulum shifting into the other. We're gonna see how it all plays out. Without further ado, let's get started here. This is NBC ten talking about the election decision results of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Let's listen in and learn together.
Speaker 3: Also tonight, major wins across the country for Democrats. On election Night, three high profile races in New York City, New Jersey, and Virginia all ended with a Democrat on top.
Speaker 4: Democrats and Republicans are dissecting the results and looking ahead to what it could mean for twenty twenty six the midterms. NBC ten political reporter Matt Pritchard is in studio. Matt, what are you hearing about all of this?
Speaker 5: Well, Glenn JC. Both parties see this as a temperature check. Democrats feeling a change in the wind, while Republicans are pondering potential adjustments.
Speaker 6: From Virginia and New Jersey, we sent.
Speaker 7: A message, do you guys just scream.
Speaker 6: From the rooftop to the busy streets of New York City?
Speaker 7: My friends, we have toppled a political dynasty.
Speaker 5: Election Day twenty twenty five came loaded with marquee moments, particularly for Democrats, who saw voters a lot to Democratic socialists, to moderates in greenlight mid decade redistricting in California.
Speaker 8: I think they're exhausted to Donald Trump.
Speaker 9: I feel like if we came away with anything last night, it was understanding that authenticity matters.
Speaker 6: The victory's drawing concern from the President himself.
Speaker 10: But we had an interesting evening and we learned a.
Speaker 5: Lot who penned GOP losses on ongoing political fights like the government shutdown.
Speaker 10: And the shutdown was a big factor negative for the Republicans.
Speaker 5: But Democrats have their own post election dissections to do both. Abigail Spanberger and Virginia and Mikey Cheryl in New Jersey won largely on anti Trump platforms.
Speaker 6: Is there a risk to be so Trump focused? There's a risk to be cookie cutter.
Speaker 9: There's a risk to say that one strategy works in every place. So just because something worked in Virginia, where northern Virginia obviously horrifically impacted by the shutdown and the cuts to huge federal huge numbers of federal workers, is going to work in say, rural Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: A message strategists hope to refine in the months ahead.
Speaker 8: Be abundantly clear that they are a contrast to what's going on in Washington, d C.
Speaker 5: And of course both parties are going to take these elections and diagnose the good, the bad, and the ugly were already moving on all eyes on the twenty twenty six midterm set for November three of next year.
Speaker 11: Guys, back to.
Speaker 3: You, Okay, Matt, thank you. The results are also in for elections across Massachusetts. While there were no statewide races on the ballot, cities and towns made decisions about leadership. Boston Mayor Michelle Wu heading to a second term in office after running unopposed in Boston's mayoral race. Josh Kraft dropped out of the race after placing second in September's preliminary election. We go to District seven and Miniard Culpepper declared victory over Said Ahmed in the race for city councilor. Culpepper, an attorney and pastor from Dorchester, told NBC ten Boston District seven is quote the heartbeat of the city. The district includes the South End, Roxbury, Fenway, and Dorchester. This was former city Councilor Tanya Fernandez Anderson seat. She resigned after pleading guilty to federal fraud charges.
Speaker 4: In Everett, voters have ousted Incomebent Mayor Carlo Di Maria. He's been in office since two thousand and eight. He was recently under intense criticism over improper bonus payments. Instead, voters chose city councilor Robert Van Campen. He told NBC ten Boston, the city is ready to turn the page.
Speaker 6: In a resounding voice.
Speaker 11: To see these numbers. They affirm they're ready for change, They're ready to write a new chapter.
Speaker 4: Last week, Van Campen told us the audit that found de Maria received more than he should have in longevity payments was a catalyst for his campaign and history was made in Brockton last night. The city elected Moysis Rodriquez, the city's first black mayor. Rodriquez was declared the winner over Jean Bradley Durnan Court. He was an at large member of the city council and has Cape Thirtian roots. NBC ten Boston is your home for election coverage. Head at five point thirty. We have a look at some of the questions. Voters answered.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a lot of things going on in the political spectrum right now. I gotta tell you that might be the first time I've ever seen a do with the last name Rodriguez be called.
Speaker 2: But that's neither here or there. Beside the points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the Democrats have secured a number of important mayoral and Congress seats, and apparently this is all in retaliation to trump Ism. For lack of better words, I don't know what these people are expecting as far as government shutdowns and how somebody at the mayoral level will be able to handle or do something about a federal government shutdown. I don't understand how It's like Americans don't understand how local politics and federal politics. While there is some connection, they're also very, very different. But hey, there you go. The people's voices have been heard, so to speak. With that being said, they did bring up that the California redistrict thing has been greenlit. It is still being fought as of time of recording. They're gonna fight a tooth and nail all the way to the end. I am curious to see if the Republicans of California are gonna do what the Democrats of Texas did when the redistricting and jerrymandering conversation happened. They just decided to leave the state and just not show up to work to keep the vote from taking place. I'm very curious if the Republicans in California are gonna pull the same stunt. I hope they don't. I hope they do the job that they were elected to do. But you know, time will tell anyway. As always, everybody, if you would like to join in on the conversation, throw that hand up emoji or drop something into the comment section.
Speaker 2: I'm good either way.
Speaker 1: Now, let's jump over to Trump's testing plans for US nuclear weapons won't include any explosions. Energy secretary says, So a little bit of a misnumber here. Is he talking about doing testing for nuclear energy? Is he talking about doing nuclear testing for something weapons grade? You know, it's kind of in the conversation, but America hasn't done any kind of real testing in the nuclear variety in quite some time. Trump is saying, Now, let's get back to that, so, you know what, let's read on the whole situation here.
Speaker 2: This is from the Associated Press.
Speaker 1: New tests of the US nuclear weapons system ordered by President Donald Trump will not include nuclear explosions, Energy Secretary Chris Wright said on Sunday. It was the first clarity from the Trump administration since the president took to social media last week to say that he had quote instructed the Department of War to start testing our nuclear weapons on an equal basis. I still love the fact that it's the Department of War, now, you know. I'm also of the belief that we should have a Department of Defense and a Department of Offense. I'm good with that, but neither here nor there. I think the tests we're talking about right now are system tests. Right, said in an air view on Fox News Sunday briefing. These are not nuclear explosions. These are what we call non critical explosions. So right, whose agency is responsible for testing, added that the plan testing involves all other parts of a nuclear weapon to make sure they delivered the appropriate geometry and that they set up the nuclear explosion. The confusion over Trump's intentions started minutes before he hailed a critical meeting in South Korea with Chinese President Jijuping. Trump took to his Truth social platform and appeared to suggest he was preparing to discard a decades old US prohibition on testing the nation's nuclear weapons. So essentially, they're talking about testing the triggering devices, not the actual uranium cores or any of that kind of thing. Later that day, as he made his way back to Washington. Trump was coy on whether he really meant to say he was ordering the resumption of explosive testing on nuclear weapons, something only North Korea has undertaken in this century, which again not very successfully, but there have been a few little they got lucky a couple of times, and you know whatever. Anyway, which is far more routine his I'll get out of here, you add. He remained opaque on Friday when asked by reporters about whether he intended to resume underground.
Speaker 2: Nuclear detonation tests.
Speaker 1: You'll find out very soon, Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One on Friday as he headed to Florida for a weekend stay. The US military regularly regularly tests its missiles that are capable of delivering a nuclear warhead, but it has not detonated the weapons since nineteen ninety two. The Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, which the US signed but did not ratify, has been observed since its adoption by all countries possessing nuclear weapons, north Korea being the only exception. Trump announced his plans for nuclear tests after Russia announced it had tested a new atomic powered and nuclear capable underwater drone and a new nuclear powered cruise missile. Russia responded to Trump's nuclear testing comments by underscoring that it did not test its nuclear weapons and has abided by global bioglobal ban on nuclear test. The Kremlin warn though, that if the US resumes testing on its weapons, Russia will as well as intensification and intensification rather that would restart Cold war air attentions. Okay, and we talked about this last week, the nuclear powered missile, right, that's not anything new. America had that technology and we can't the program in nineteen sixty one because it is not an effective way of delivering a payload. Right, It's just it's not. Yeah, it's possible, and that's cool that it's possible. But then also if that missile gets intercepted, you have now created a dirty bomb. And that's something that we recognize way back in sixty one. So Russia has now finally caught up to where America was in nineteen sixty one as far as their missile technology goes. And that's fine, cool, good for y'all. Right, now, Trump talking about testing the for lack of better words, the triggering device. I guess the best way I could put this would be so in my hand right now, I'm holding a thirty odd six bullet, right He is essentially talking about testing the primers on the bullet itself rather than the bullet. And who's to say if it's going to lead to further nuclear testing and testing actual bomb capabilities. Again, I feel like we don't need that, you know, that's just me personally and testing underground like that, I mean need we remind ourselves of Operation plumb Bob, where we sent a storm sewer grat or the manhole cover into space at over one hundred and twenty five thousand miles per hour. We don't need this, We don't need to test it. We know how nuclear bombs work. We've been very good at this for quite some time. But hey, if you want to run some like system tests to see if the triggering devices work and things like that, okay, fine, just make sure that there's no actual you know, nuclear payload within the missile that you're testing. That's just my two cents. But hey, anyway, moving on here, let's talk about it. This is a video from Fox thirteen. US Trump administration restarts nuclear testing.
Speaker 12: President trumpp wants more nuclear testing done, but on Sunday, his Energy secretary clarified it won't involve these giant explosions and mushroom clouds. Reporter Ryan Schmels as the latest from Washington, DC.
Speaker 13: And these will be non nuclear explosions.
Speaker 14: The White House is clarifying President Trump's push to restart nuclear testing after a thirty year pause. The President said several times last week he wants the Pentagon to begin testing America's nuclear arsenal, but on Sunday, his Energy Secretary, Chris Wright, said those tests won't involve mushroom clouds or fallout, but rather what he called non critical explosions meant to test the systems involved.
Speaker 13: With our science and our computation power, we can simulate incredibly accurately exactly what will happen in a nuclear explosion.
Speaker 14: It's still not clear how this new testing will be different from the military's routine assessments of America's nuclear delivery systems like missiles and submarines, but the President told Sixty Minutes on Sunday that it's a response to increased nuclear activity from Russia, including nuclear power, missiles, and torpedoes.
Speaker 10: The reason I'm saying testing is because Russia annow said they were going to be doing a test. If you notice North Korea's testing constantly, other countries are testing. We're the only country that doesn't test.
Speaker 14: President Trump also claiming China and Russia are conducting secret nuclear test, which both countries deny. Russia responding by threatening its own detonations, with China urging the US to abide by the nuclear test Ban treaty.
Speaker 9: With flexing military muscles and stirring up confrontation are detrimental to regional peace and stability.
Speaker 14: North Korea is the only country that has detonated a nuclear weapon in the twenty first century. In Washington, Ryan Schmels, Fox News.
Speaker 2: All right, and once again, just so everybody is clear.
Speaker 1: As far as the missile slash submarine, slash drone that Russia is saying is nuclear power to it's like the latest and greatest thing. Do a quick deep dive, ont it? Look at their capability and what this missile is able to do. First of all, it is so slow. It's damn near prop driven a cessna plane. But aside from that, if you look at the mechanics of what makes it go, and then you look at Project Pluto from nineteen six or it was like started in fifty eight and it indied in sixty one. Look at these two side by side, and you'll understand why it's not that much of a concern. Why is Trump taking this opportunity to make it a thing to where we need to start retesting our arsenal as well?
Speaker 2: I don't understand this.
Speaker 1: There's literally no reason for America to flex against Russia right now. Nobody is afraid of the Russian military. They were five years ago until they were shown to be the paper tiger that they are, and that two week operations about to hit year four.
Speaker 2: So it's not like this is a.
Speaker 1: Thing that we really need to be concerned about, at least not in my humble opinion.
Speaker 11: But go ahead, Tony, Well, I just read Putin announced today that Russia has no intentions of resuming any kind of nuclear testing. But it was probably bench Vidyev who said that they were gonna because he's basically the ship poster of the month in Russia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 11: He's always saying stuff like that, And we'll get to Russia later. They're slowly taking Kukonsk and Pakroffs. I predicted last March that this war would last another year. So it's kind of going according to schedule as far as I'm concerned. Okay, Russia will still be Now.
Speaker 1: We do have some more things about Russia with their oil conversation that will bring up here in a moment, But as of this moment, you are still of the belief that by March of twenty twenty six, this war will come to its final conclusion.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I still want to bet on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and I'm very curious to hear what you have to what your thoughts are as far as now, China and India are not going to be buying as much Russia oil from the sea. But we're gonna get to that here in a few minutes.
Speaker 11: But well, one quick thing. Did you notice in the article that they were just playing Trump was accusing Russia and China of collaborating on something nuclear wise? Yeah? Why would it make so much sense for them to collaborate on that, but for China to hurt them so much on the whole petroleum market question, especially when China needs lots of oil and Russia needs to sell it. I think they're gonna keep cooperating, and I don't think that the sanctions are going to last, and I don't think the US can really rally the world to sanction a country like they could twenty years ago. So I don't I personally believe that that's gonna work.
Speaker 1: I don't think that China and Russia are resuming any kind of nuclear testing behind closed door by any means, especially with the insane terriffs. We just had China under one hundred and fifty five percent tariffs. Why would they go out of their way to try to do the nuclear saber rattle right now when they need us for their economy of nothing else. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. But Trump is doing his Trump thing right now, and he's gotta he's gotta find boogeymen out there to kind of justify his actions. Some of them are justified, some of them are actual boogeymans that we need to face. Some of them are just simply not what he's trying to make them out to be. And I'm still the belief as far as economy wise, Yeah, China versus US, we're kind of in this weird almost precursor to a Cold war that is that is happening right now. But it's not to the level of the actual Cold War, and I don't think it's gonna get to that level either. We have this weird, unhappy symbiotic relationship when it comes to cheap slave labor in China and the goods and services that America needs on the cheap I'm not happy about it. But then at the same time, India has moved in to take over a lot of those cheap labor jobs from China. However, when you look at Modi and g and both of these dudes being the head of Bricks Nations and their immediate ties to Russia on an economic standpoint, it's messy. It's messy, and it doesn't make sense that these dudes would be making a deal with America right now in an attempt to up their nuclear arsenal tomorrow. I don't think Bricks is trying to take over any kind of military standpoint either.
Speaker 2: They're trying to.
Speaker 1: Just devalue the US dollar, which okay, they're trying to get off the Petro dollar. That might lead to something of a war, but it's also never going to get to a nuclear war. So again, I don't really see it going the way that Trump is portraying it right now and again, I am hoping that he is talking about testing the triggering mechanisms for some of our nuclear arsenal.
Speaker 2: They have said.
Speaker 1: We all just heard them that it's not going to be nuclear explosions.
Speaker 2: We will see if they stand by that word or what comes of it.
Speaker 15: Go ahead, Sam, I know I'm just the weird guy in all, but like there's Russia actually care about their young men, like their bloodlines and everything, because how many how many men have Russian young men have died all due to Putin's of ego. And the reason why I asked that is because didn't like didn't Russia almost lose like half of their popular the population just from the Battle of Staling God or like all their young Bible men and everything in World War Two? Like that's why they have a genetic bottleneck, right and why some of them look in wood.
Speaker 1: Uh, there's a shred of truth to what you're saying. I don't think it was half of their population in one battle by any means. But the Russians were known no, no, no, the Russians were known for their high casualty numbers in World War Two, specifically because they if you even tried to make any kind of thing that looked like you were treating they would shoot you like your own soldier would shoot you.
Speaker 2: And that's well documented.
Speaker 1: That being said, yes, there was a bit of a genetic bottleneck after World War Two, so there were a lot of cases. This wasn't like some sort of a national rule or anything, but there were a lot of cases of men taking, for lack of better words, more than one wife to try to repopulate the nation.
Speaker 2: The Russian dudes are down with that.
Speaker 1: They didn't see it as a negative, so like good for them. But as far as the population in Russia right now, their numbers are fine. Yes, there was a mass exodus out of Russia when the war first kicked off. Whenever they started conscripting dudes, they didn't want to fight. But they've got more than enough manpower to keep this war going for as long as they want to, honestly. And then the big thing was Russia has never gotten involved in a military conflict and decided to go home until they have lost like half a million men, And that number has stood since I think Peter the Great honestly, but they are surpassed that number at this time. As far as losses go like casualty in the sense of wounded and dead. They have surpassed half a million last year. If I'm not mistaken. They're not in it for the stance or for the optics anymore. They basically have to win this war to justify everything that they've done for the past four years. Putin is depends on which section of Russia you talk about. A lot of people see him as an inherent good and they still support him fullheartedly, But there are pockets of Russia where dissent is starting to spread a bit Tony correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 11: Well, I wish I knew that geographic breakdown a little better. I do know that demographically, he tends to be most popular among older and female demographics and less popular among younger and male. But he's still pretty popular across the board, even the younger male it's like fifty percent support. As for World War Two, I've heard estimates between nine million and twenty seven million men lost in World War Two out of a population of the Soviet Union of one hundred and eighty million or so. If I'm not mistaken, and today's numbers are at least you know order magnitude lower than that. I believe that the total like deaths are gonna be probably six hundred thousand for Ukraine and two hundred thousand for Russia, and when you include wounded, being about double that number on both sides. Yeah, they probably Russia is probably at six hundred thousand right now dead and wounded, in my opinion. Now, the National Review claims it's over a million Russian dead right now. I don't see any evidence to support that. The evidence I'm going on is based off reports from obituaries in Russian newspapers. They're saying they can see about one hundred and sixty thousand right now, and I'm just patting that a little bit. But you know, maybe the real numbers high. I don't think it's anywhere near a million Russian dead.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: If I'm not saying a million Russians are dead by any means. If we were gonna say maybe a million Russian casualties by the loose translation of that term, maybe maybe we could.
Speaker 2: Have that talk.
Speaker 1: Even still, I think that's that's kind of a large number to throw out at this time.
Speaker 11: But yeah, I think to kill ratios in Russia's favor and Ukraine's also lost about ten million due to emigration, and they're the lost territory, so they went from forty six million to about thirty six million or something. If I'm not mistaken, Sorry, I kind of talked over you, Sam, you got something else right.
Speaker 15: I was just it's a two part of the thing about World War Two. It took British intelligence, Americans still in Russian blood. But the thing about I was gonna say is is it isn't Ukraine and like Russia. I know they were both the Soviet Union like up until I the nineties, but what and I know that Stalin pretty much did the hold over to stall the Ukrainian famine too, did a uh designed a Ukrainian famine to keep them fall wanting to find independence? At what point is it just you're trying to subjugate another plan of people that you'll just never be happy with.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, Tony.
Speaker 11: The Helotomore is a pretty controversial issue, and I personally don't know what to feel about it. I am still pretty anti Stalin. But you've probably noticed there's a lot of pro Stalin stuff on the right very recently, like Nick Flint is very pro Stalin.
Speaker 2: Is a is a retard.
Speaker 15: I think we can all know that the dude got caught with a grinder profile and said that the Israeli set him up. Yet he's the dude's also not very intelligent. And I say that somebody who I watched. I've watched his son, I've watched everybody, so I can understand the thinking of my enemies a lot better. And whether right or left at that point, the extreme art and extreme left or the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: He's in it for the hate.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, he's like the logan Paul of the political conversation right now, and that's that's his jam. Like he's doing it to piss people off, and at least I can understand it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, anyway, yeah, yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 11: The political spectrum is kind of a horseshoe. Some people would say it's even a circle. And I think especially on the you know, most israel Critical part of the right, they really like Stalin because he urged all the Jews out of the government. Yeah, all the mention why some of they all right now loves Stalin. But I'm going on a little too much of a dangit. I'm just going to take another half a minute. It's a contentious issue. I don't know whether I really believe the heloamre was more a result of incompetence for so you know, I'm giving Stalin a little bit of benefit of the doubt here. But Ukraine and Russia used to be basically one country for a long time, and then Kaiser Wilhelm and the Treaty of Breslatosk carved Ukraine out of Russia the Russian Empire in nineteen eighteen, in March of nineteen eighteen also carved out the Baltic States, and then right after the war was over, Ukraine had its own Communist revolution and it became a Soviet republic. So basically the border went away, and then in nineteen ninety one the border, I mean, the border kind of came back. I'm oversimplifying a lot, and I'm skipping over Crimea. But these two countries, they've they've gone back and forth between unified and divided, and that border was put, in my opinion, way far to the east of where it actually belongs. Because the people of the Dombas republics they speak Russian. Kharkoff speaks Russian, Odessa speaks Russian. They have no interest in the Ukrainian nationalism which is born the western half of the country, like west of Kiev even Yeah, so yeah, I think the border does need to be redrawn to the west where it is now, and then that'll be the most peaceful solution. And I hope that answers all the question about you know what, what's what's what's the deal with Russia and Ukraine. Historically that's the deal.
Speaker 2: And I will say that you're onto something here too. I don't know what is going on, but Russians these days have this weird It's almost like Stalin is in vogue again. Not not one hundred percent across the board, but there is a lot more Russians that are looking at Stalinism way more fondly now than they have in the last three decades. It's wild to see that come full circle, but it is being pro Stalin is absolutely on the rise in Russia right now. It's insane.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thanks for reminding me. They're trying to rename Stalingrad Stalingrad, and they I think just successfully renamed Stalingrad Airport Stalingrad Airport.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I don't think there's a movement to rename Leningrad lenin Grad though that's gonna be Saint Petersburg. I really hope just Stalin is popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what to put that into.
Speaker 1: Respective for the amount of deaths that Stalin caused, this would be like Hitler getting back in vogue in Germany. I mean, realistically, Stalin, if I'm not mistaken, isn't he responsible for somewhere around like eighty million deaths or something like that in Russia over the course of his tenure as leader.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't know, but I do know that the West has kind of an ambivalent relationship with him. So he was bad in the thirties, and then he was good during World War two, and then he was bad after World War two, and then he died, And I don't know. The Russians have more of a you know, they think he was good the whole time, basically, and they also see him as quite different from Lenin and Trotsky. Trotsky is still pretty villainized in Russia. But yes, American the West, Trotsky is better is than Stop. That's that's the general prevailing view here.
Speaker 1: And I think that that's because of Stalin, because Trotsky and Stalin had that big rivalry between the two of them. So most Russians see Trotsky is an inherent bad and see Stalin as an inherent good, at least as of these days, even though I don't think that's necessarily a fair shake. I mean, both of them were comedies, so like they're not people, you know. But besides that, if you look at it, yeah, the West much would have rather Trotsky be in that position in Stalin, but that we're getting into politics from the.
Speaker 2: Thirties and forties and fifties of this area.
Speaker 1: But anyway, anyway, Sam.
Speaker 16: With so.
Speaker 15: Stalin, if I memo cre I, I think he's actually the second most us the second dictator with the most kills.
Speaker 17: The other one is malz Dong.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm a I'm actually I have a fever right now, so I'm sorry, I'm stuttering and everything, but you're good.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Mao definitely has a higher kill count than Stalin. But I mean it's not it's not by leaps and bounds, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 15: But the thing about Stalin is everyone it seems to me that everyone forgets that he was in bed with Hitler in the beginning and then he got mad, and you because communism and fascism is literally two sides of the same coin. And well one is that there the two ideology, which is pretty much the same, just one's a national and the other one because the Nazis were national socialist and Stalin was a true like uh, he was a communist, which is why his type of communism is called Stalinism. He also he banished Travotsky. Also on Lennon, his body is still on display. The majority of is actually plaster and everything. Right now, I'm sorry, gentlemen, No.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're good, bro, but uh but yes, to your point, it's I've always seen fascism as a vehicle for communism slash socialism. It works best whenever you have a totalitarian regime that implements these types of systems and then they rule that with an iron fist.
Speaker 2: So it's awesome.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry, but you said how it like Stalin is back in vogue in Russia and how that like that would be like Hitler.
Speaker 17: But that that's the thing.
Speaker 15: There are Germans who are trying to pretty much bring back the Nazism like but Nazi esque also, I believe it or not, Like so I grew up down south, I'm I'm a down South gettle boy.
Speaker 17: I you know, I've actually.
Speaker 15: Heard a a black person talk about Jim Crow in a good light, and I'm just like, that's.
Speaker 1: What dog the they do exist, that's not that's not the going narrative for the rest of the black community. Same with Germany, that's not the going narrative that Hitler was actually a good guy who was just a really strong hearted nationalist and yeah, yeah he did some bad shit, but like he really just.
Speaker 2: Cared about Germany.
Speaker 1: Stalin, on the other hand, Russians these days, and it's not one hundred percent across the board, but they are. There's like a movement going on within the Russian culture to actually say, you know, say what you want about Stalin, but he had some good things that he did for Russia while he was in charge, and it's it's the conversation.
Speaker 2: The narrative is shifting a bit.
Speaker 11: In China he's credited with really spreading literacy, and in Germany you really won't get much in public about, you know, positive about Hitler, maybe in hush tone behind closed doors, but it's very rare. It's very illegal. They don't have freedom of speed for there. AfD is the most right wing thing over there, and it's yeah, it's very constrained in what they can do. Yeah, one other thought, you know, Americans, many Americans love Abraham Lincoln. I think that's about the same thing as love and stalin. You really don't like Lincoln personally.
Speaker 1: I'm not a huge fan of him, gonna be honest, if and no, I don't mean because he freed the slaves, like okay, okay, yes, that's a great thing that he did, but he also actually didn't care about slavery. He was kind of forced into caring about them because of the political climate at that time from his constituents. But if you look at what he did with his administration that led up to the Civil War, like, yeah, he uh, he was not very popular even by most of his his uh colleagues, for lack of better words, he was kind of seen like a bit of a buffoon, to put it as kindly as I can.
Speaker 2: But anyway, but yeah, to your point about.
Speaker 1: Mao Tony, Yeah, he did give literacy to the majority of China, This very true. But he also forced Chinese people out of the fields and into the factories, which he brought about the industrialization of China, which for economic reasons seemed like a really good idea, but then his people starved because there was nobody.
Speaker 2: Working the farms anymore. So it's like, you're right.
Speaker 1: It's on the one hand, yeah, he gave literacy to the country, but his people starved and suffered as a result. So there should have been some sort of a happy medium somewhere in there. But it, yeah, mal depending on who you ask. Certain Chinese people think that Mao was just amazing, and then other analysts would look at it and say, yeah, that was kind of a net negative for our country. But I mean, to be fair, China has never batted an eye at losing massive amounts of people's that's kind of China one oh one historically speaking, So I mean, you know, take that with a grain of salt. Anyway, all right, moving on to the next topic here, uh, as we're talking about politicians just going out of their way to do some shit, we have some allegations of excessive force being used by immigration agents and this is taking center stage at a federal court hearing. Let's listen in on this one.
Speaker 18: Federal agents are at O'Hare Airport today. The US Border Patrol Chief tell US News Nation. Over the past few weeks, there have been several instances of undocumented immigrants driving taxis or ride share type vehicles.
Speaker 19: Ceral arrests have been made. Chief Greg Bovino rejecting any possible allegations though of racial profiling.
Speaker 8: Those allegations are patently faults. We're looking for Title eight violators, and when I walk up to car, I don't know who's in the car. I know nothing about their race, color, creed, religion, sex, or anything else. What I'm looking for is that Title eight. We've arrested illegal aliens from over thirty different countries just in the past few weeks here at Operation Midway Blitz. Those countries include places like Russia, Kajikistan, Poland, Austria, Korea, China, and many many of there's from around the globe.
Speaker 19: Bovino had a body worn camera during that interview, saying that they're fantastic tools to help catch criminals and an illicit activity. He also insisted that tear gas is used legally, ethically and morally.
Speaker 18: Meantime, demonstrators spoke out today against the US Border Patrol, Chief, US Customs and Border Protection, and ICE outside the Dirks and Federal Building. The US Border Patrol's aggressive immigration enforcement tactics in the Chicago area are the subject of a court hearing this morning. That hearing in the Loop Deli Jan's Courtney Spinelli is at the DIRKS and Federal Building with details.
Speaker 20: It's expected to be a long day in court today. US District Court Judge Sarah Ellis is hearing testimony and evidence, and we'll need to decide whether to implement more long term restrictions when it comes to crowd control tactics by federal immigration agents. Since the start of Operation Midway Blitz, a frenzy of cases filed in federal court over immigrants agents use of tear gas and other chemical agents on protesters in media. That includes the Chicago Headline Club lawsuit against the Department of Onland Security and Secretary Christy Nome. Lawyers for plaintiffs in a recent motion calling the alleged actions by federal agents shocking acts of violence. After ordering agents to wear badges and give proper warning if tear gas or other chemical agents are deployed, Ellis determined orders weren't being followed and added a body worn camera requirement. Throughout the marathon hearing, Wednesday. Some of that footage expected to be shown, along with videotape testimony from Border Patrol Chief Gregory Bovino. Bovino and DHS argue agents have repeatedly faced violent crowds and had rocks, fireworks, and other objects thrown at them. In a recent interview, he defended the agent's actions.
Speaker 8: We're going to use the just as we always have, that least amount of force necessary to affect the arrest or the mission.
Speaker 20: Wednesday's hearing began with opening arguments from both sides, an attorney for the plaintiffs multiple times bringing up a quote he says Bovino gave during his deposition. He says, someone strays into a pepperball that's on them, don't protest. You don't want to get tear guests, don't protest. A lawyer for the Department of Justice, arguing the case is not about free speech, he brought up allegations of protesters slashing tires, threatening federal agents and their family, and throwing objects. He said, this is the language of extremists and terrorists, your honor. Several witnesses have taken this stand already, including a pastor, an older woman, and a Trustee attorneys played some video during one of their testimonies of an arrest that they say involved Border Patrol Chief Gregory Bovino.
Speaker 1: Of course, all right, so I just want to make a quick mention of something real quick. Okay, all of these clips that we saw on screen, all of all the things.
Speaker 2: Just gonna throw something out here.
Speaker 1: You know how you could tell that this isn't all from Chicago and that they're piecing together clips and videos over the past year. Well, let's just say the last six months, give or take the camouflage that this is wearing. Does anybody want to take a guess at what that is? That is Marine Corps marpat that is that would be a marine that is helping ICE agents. And they're talking about things in Chicago. There have been no marines deployed to Chicago. This was from la with the riots that took place. So this media agency is piecing together videos of some of the worst things they could find to try to spin the narrative in the worst possible light.
Speaker 2: Now that being said, the chief of the Border Patrol, who.
Speaker 1: Is saying that ICE I should say, who's saying listen if you don't want to get pepper spray, don't protest, Okay, the right to peacefully protest is an inalienable American right. I'm with that one hundred percent, and I would fight to the death for that right. That being said, there's a difference between protesting and looting. In rioting, right, there's a very fine line, and it usually goes somewhere around the lines of violence or destruction of property.
Speaker 2: That's usually where that line gets crossed.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, all of that to be said, they're saying that there's an excessive force that's being used in some of these ice raids and things like that. There's a lot of allegations, but all these agents have cameras on them, and when they make these arrests, everybody has a at one point in time, a professional grade camera in their pocket, i e. Their cell phones. So I feel like I'm not saying there's one hundred percent across the board. There's absolutely agents that are doing things in these arrests that they should not be doing. I'm with you one hundred percent, but I feel like, en mass, that's kind of a bit of a misnomer.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 1: It's more or less people that are trying to find reasons to stir the pot and say that these raids are unethical and immoral and illegal and all these things again, And I also think it's kind of crazy that the chief brought up that there has been in the past couple of weeks people from thirty different countries. He named Poland and Kajikistan and Korea. Okay, okay, bro, I hear you, But I also feel like that's the minute onesies and twosies over the thousands of arrests that you've made in the past few weeks. But sure, I guess it's worth mentioning that, yes, there have been any legal immigrants that have been caught from other nations other than Latin American nations. Okay, fine, But again he's trying to put things in the best life possible for himself and the news is trying to put it in the worst possible life for themselves. So there it is. You know, that's media for you, one oh one. Anyway, moving on to the next topic of the conversation this evening, we're gonna talk about the UPS playing the wind down. At least twelve killed others injured after a UPS plane crashed near the Louisville Airport.
Speaker 2: What we need to know. An investigation is underway.
Speaker 1: A UPS cargo plane crashed shortly after taking off from the Louisville, Kentucky Airport Tuesday, leaving a fiery trail of destruction and a half mile long debris field. At least twelve people have died and others are in Officials say, warning the death toll cook climb as the investigation continues.
Speaker 2: Now, the black box has been recovered.
Speaker 1: And NTSB investigation team is on site at the crash location and has recovered the aircraft black boxes, the cockpit voice recorder, and the flight data recorder. Now the state of emergency. Kentucky Governor Andy Basher declared a state of emergency and mobilized the National Guard in an effort to quickly free up resources. Flights are scheduled to resume on a limited basis. Passenger flights to and from Louisville are now resuming, according to the airport's website, but they are hampered by a major backlog of delayed flights from Tuesday night and only one runway currently in operation. Now, all of that to say, with the government shutdown, we're seeing multiple airlines and multiple airports saying that they are going to either a outright stop flights or b it's going to be dropped down to somewhere between forty to ten percent.
Speaker 2: Of the flights that were scheduled because.
Speaker 1: The government shutdowns happening, and apparently air traffic controllers are not getting paid, so they're not going to continue showing.
Speaker 2: Up to their jobs.
Speaker 1: It all is a cascading effect because of the Democrats hold out in Washington, DC with the government shutdown right now going on, it says as of about an hour and a half ago, Louisville Airport reopens second runway following ups plane crash. Two of the three runways at Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport are open as of Wednesday night. According to an update from the airport, The East runway is now open following yesterday's aircraft incident, and SDF are at SDF, the airport's said in an ex post. With the addition of the East runway, this means two of sdf's three runways are available for aircraft operations. Passenger flights to and from Louisville are resuming amid a major backlog of delayed flights from Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: According to the airport's website yet again.
Speaker 1: So anyway, moving on, this clip talks about the crash a little bit more, but it also brings up a few other things that are going on in the news as of this moment, and I thought it'd be interesting to play it this time. So without further ado WKYC Channel three, let's listen into what the mainstream is saying about some things in the US right now.
Speaker 3: It's five forty four here in the land, and time to check in on the national stories making headlines. For that, Russ Mitchell joins us for what's happening now in America?
Speaker 21: Hi, Russ, Hey, Betsy, good evening, could even you at home as well. We begin with breaking news the FAA will cut air traffic by ten percent in forty high volume markets beginning Friday because of staffing shortages caused by the government shutdown. There is no word at this point if Cleveland will be one of those markets. It comes as many air traffic controllers are working unpaid or calling out. We'll have more in this developing story tonight at six o'clock. Also, Kentucky state officials had declared a state of emergency after yesterday's ups freight plane crash near Louisville Muhammad Ali Airport.
Speaker 2: At least twelve are dead.
Speaker 21: That's going to the mayor of Louisville. An interview just moments ago with our sister station there. Officials say that number could rise, and investigators now say an engine fell off the plane after takeoff before slamming into an industrial area. Kentucky Governor Andy Basheer says despite the massive damage, he believes it could have been worse.
Speaker 11: The plane barely missed a restaurant bar. It was very close to a very large board plant with hundreds, if not one thousand plus workers.
Speaker 21: UPS has halted operations at its worldport hub, impacting thousands of employees and hundreds of flights. The airport has reopened after being shut down. In a highly watched case, the Supreme Court heard arguments today about the legality of President Trump's sweeping tariffs. The justices are wing whether the President has the authority to impose those tariffs on imports under a law design for use during a national emergency. Opponents say the tariffs are hurting small businesses.
Speaker 22: If you allow the President to continue to do this, you can raise taxes on anything left and right. On any good, any amount, for any duration, and all of us are going to pay the cost. That's why this is so important.
Speaker 21: The Justice Department is aren't caring. The law gives the president expansive tariff power during an emergencies. The court is expected to decide by the end of its term next summer. At a federal judge is ordered prosecutors in the criminal case against former FBI director James Comy to produce materials from the investigation by the end of tomorrow. The judge went on to say he's concerned the Justice Department's position had been to quote indict first and investigate later. In quote, Komy is charged with lying to Congress and a case final after President Trump appeared to urge as Attorney General to prosecute him.
Speaker 1: All right, so at least we've got a little bit of an update on the Komi trial. And again, as the time of recording, they had to produce that evidence by the end of the day tomorrow, So we will see what happens. I honestly do hope that Komy gets justice for that. But that's just my personal take. I know some people swear that he's was never wrong with anything he did, but you know, hey, neither.
Speaker 2: Here nor there.
Speaker 1: Now moving on to a little bit south of the border, we are going to be talking about Mexico here. Mexican mayor killed during Day of the Dead celebrations in Mehauican.
Speaker 2: I probably mispronounced that.
Speaker 1: I don't speak Spanish, but let's talk about it here.
Speaker 2: European Mexico.
Speaker 1: A mayor in Mexico's western state of Mccawacon was shot dead in a plaza in front of dozens of people who had gathered for.
Speaker 2: A Day of the Day festivities authority set.
Speaker 1: Local politicians in Mexico are frequently victims of political and organized crime violence. The mayor of European Municipality, Carlos Alberto Manzo.
Speaker 2: Rodriguez, Lord of Mercy, was.
Speaker 1: Gunned down Sunday or Saturday night in the town's historic center. He was rushed to a hospital where he later died. According to the state prosecutor, Carlos Torres Pina, a city council member and a bodyguard were also injured in the attack. The attacker was killed at the scene. Federal Security Secretary Omar Garcia harfut harfooch don't know told journalists Sunday the attack was on the mayor the excuse me. The attack on the mayor was carried out by an unidentified man who shot him seven times.
Speaker 2: Garcia Harfoch said the.
Speaker 1: Weapon was linked to two armed clashes between rival criminal groups operating in the region.
Speaker 2: He added, pop get out of here, ad No.
Speaker 1: Line of investigation is being ruled out to clarify this cowardly act that took the life of the mayor. Harfooch said mccoacon is one of Mexico's most violent states and is a battleground among various cartels and criminal groups fighting for control of territory, drug distribution routes and other illicit activities. On Sunday, hundreds of European residents, dressed in black and holding up photographs of Manzo Rodriguez, took to the town streets to accompany the funeral procession and bid farewell to the slain mayor. They chanted justice, Justice out with Marina Interesting, a reference to the ruling party of Mexican President Audio Shanbaum Shinebam.
Speaker 2: Rather.
Speaker 1: In recent months, the European mayor had publicly appealed to Shinebaum on social media for help to confront the cartels and criminal groups. He had accused mccolla, COM's pro government governor Alfredo Ramirez Bedola and the state police of corruption. Shocker, shocker. And then especially when you're talking about Shinebaum and how even during her election there was thirty two assassinations of political candidates and then the cartels decided on her at the last second.
Speaker 2: But okay, yeah, at the head of the.
Speaker 1: Procession, a man led Manzo Rodriguez black horse with one of the mayor's signature hats placed on the saddle. A group of musicians, also dressed in black, followed and played mariachi songs in the narrow streets of the agricultural town where avocados evokadoo's rather.
Speaker 2: Are the main crop.
Speaker 1: Dozens of police and military officers stood guard around the area, so rip to a real one. At least he was there trying to call out government corruption. But in Mexico, it's very clear where that's going to lead you. But still speaking on Mexico, and let's now talk about Shinebam. This is something that took place this week. As a matter of fact, Mexico President Claudia Shinbaum was groped by a man as she talked to residents Tuesday on the streets of Mexico City. A video of the incident shows the man, who was allegedly drunk, sauntered up to Shine Bamb and draped an arm across her shoulders. He can be seen in a video attempting to kiss Shine Bamb on the neck, I might add, and then can be seen lifting his hands to her breast. Basically, he walked up to the seated president of the country, kissed her on the back of the neck, and then moved both of his hands to grab or tits. And somehow this guy was allowed.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 1: Her security team just like didn't notice this guy walk up and do this until it was kind of too late. I will say this just by watching the video, this dude is more fucked up than Cooter Brown. Like that is a true statement. You boy was probably high off his ass and he was absolutely drunk. But that being said, brother, you're telling me that you are so drunk that you don't realize that this is the fucking president of the country you live in.
Speaker 2: That is a bold claim. Government officials quickly stepped in to stop.
Speaker 1: The man, not in time, but we'll see that in the video here in a moment a visibly uncomfortable Shinbaum said, don't worry, as he was escorted away. The man who is not who has not been identified, was taking into police custody. On Wednesday, Shinebaum said she has decided to press charges.
Speaker 2: As well she should as well she should, and also she needs to fire her security staff.
Speaker 1: No man has the right to violate that space, Shinebaum said of the incident.
Speaker 2: Again fully agreed she this is her direct quote here.
Speaker 1: I decided to press charges because this is something that I experienced as a woman, but that we as women experience in our country. She added, I have experienced it before, but when I wasn't president, when I was a student. So yeah, anyway, let's go ahead and watch the video because it is pretty insane that this guy was able to successfully achieve this.
Speaker 2: I don't know, y'all tell me what y'all think about it.
Speaker 23: Stunning moment on a Mexico city street. The President of Mexico, Cloudya Shinebaum, harassed in public by a man who tries to kiss her and then appears to grope her. That encounter now reigniting a national conversation about violence against women, She had a press conference Wednesday. Shinebaum saying she's decided to press charges against the man, who, according to Mexico City's mayor, was arrested overnight. Shinebaum adding if I don't report it as a crime, in what condition are all Mexican women left in? If they do this to the president, what will happen to all the young women in our country? The first woman to lead Mexico elected last year, nodding to the challenges women face every day, which some have called a crisis.
Speaker 14: Job.
Speaker 23: For many, the danger goes far beyond unwanted, touching. On average, ten women and girls are killed every day in Mexico, the United Nations says, citing government data, only a fraction of cases are classified as femicide and only two percent of cases end in a criminal sentence. And it's not just women at risk. The nation saw a wave of murders targeting political candidates heading into its presidential election last June. In just the last three years, seven sitting mayors assassinated. The most recent a mayor in Michoacan, known for trying to crack down on cartel crime, just days ago, seen here at a public festival for the Day of the Dead All Going. Moments later, he was shot seven times and pronounced dead himself. He's murdered, sparking protests earlier this week as citizens demanded justice and an end to violence. Unfortunately, around the corner you can get killed, Things can go really bad. This protester says, we're tired as.
Speaker 24: A people organized crime in Mexico. It's no longer just pivoting around drug trafficking. Increasingly it's involved in extortion, illegal mining, illegal logging, all these activities that really require control of local territory. So that means that a lot of these criminal groups have had an incentive to actually make themselves part of the political process.
Speaker 23: In response to the outrage, shine Baum unveiling a new security plan for the state, sending more National Guard troops, federal agents, and creating an office for high impact crimes like homicide. But Shinbaum brushing off concerns about her own security after Tuesday's incident, also calling on states to make it easier for women to report similar assaults. Shinbaum now tested on whether she can protect a nation where even the president is not immune.
Speaker 1: We think, yeah, I have to agree with President Scheinbaum on her sentiment there. They do, in fact feel so bold that they can come up and just grope the seeded president of the country. So what chance do other women in Mexico have. They don't, they don't. That's what the takeaway should be from this. The crimes against women in this country are legendary, or I should say, at least infamous for lack of better words. That being said, Yes, the political violence that even got her into that position in the first place. He's talking about seven mayors being assassinated in the last three years.
Speaker 2: How about the.
Speaker 1: Thirty two assassinated presidential candidates. Like she wasn't even in the running to be president of Mexico. Everybody else that was in the running was assassinated. So shocker that she's being quote unquote left alone by the cartel because they're the ones that put her in that position. But I do think that she is taking the right steps as far as reporting this and seeking justice for this guy that was not a that's never gonna be okay, that's never gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: That being said, yeah, this kind.
Speaker 1: Of highlights the overall problems within the country of Mexico, not just against women pretty much from start to finish. And yeah, these protests, like even the protester had said, even out here, if you turned down the wrong street corner, you'll probably get killed. Like it's not a good place to be. And I understand why there's so many people that are wanting to leave Mexico. I get it in all other Latin countries. Cool, but if you keep leaving your country, you're never gonna make your country better. You have to stand and fight for your nation. You have to rid yourself of the evil that has become such an epidemic in your country. Otherwise it's just gonna get worse. At least that's the American mindset. Anyway, go ahead, sam Oh.
Speaker 15: I don't know if any of you are aware of the the musician Chelino Sanchez.
Speaker 11: He was.
Speaker 15: He his little sister was assaulted and killed by the by the Cortels. If I remember quickly, well, he killed the guy that was uh that was responsible and everything, and then he eventually went back to Mexico because he was he made it big over here.
Speaker 17: But he went back over there and they get the Cortel.
Speaker 15: Members spout sorry, found him. They gave him a piece of paper while he was singing and pretty much saying if you sing again, will kill you, and he he gave the best edition of his life. And then two hours later he was found in a covert a drainage ditch with his handcuff, with his hands tied behind his back into bullet holes in the back of his head. So the dude was a g I I don't understand a lot of Spanish, but I listened to his music and the dude like, say what you will, But the dude was about that life. He he uh take, he took a rapist out over a sister, And I wish that there was more people that would stand up against the cartels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: And then also the president saying that she's gonna implement more National Guard troops and all these things. I was literally having this conversation with my son earlier today. He was asking me about like the situation with Mexico and all the craziness, and it's like, you got to understand, the cartel has all the good talent as far as anybody who is well, I don't want to say anybody, but if you were to take a litmus test of your average Mexican soldier, Mexican police officer, Mexican National Guard member, and your average cartel gunman, I'm just gonna throw this out. I would be of the belief that the cartel member is probably better trained, better equipped, and more highly motivated than the federal or state employees of the Mexican government.
Speaker 15: Well, Jacob, they are the cartel's literally are high special operations people to train them. Yeah, and like they hire people from all over the world, and that there's even people like the cartel's even told Trump like, what are you gonna do? We have the we have, we have people are trained by special ops, and they seem to forget the US military's one who trains everybody's special operation units and all.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I think that's why Trump decided to declare war on the cartels, not just send some sort of a you know, arbitrary word of trying to dissuade them from their activities.
Speaker 2: He's declared war on them.
Speaker 1: And I for one, hope that we actually do start taking the fight to the cartels.
Speaker 2: That would be excellent.
Speaker 15: Keep in mind, this isn't the first time that America has done something like this. Hell, we sent the DEA in to get Pablo, but there at least that was more convert and everything.
Speaker 17: But this is out in the open.
Speaker 15: And I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but like the biggest thing about Venezuela in Latin American everything is the fucking.
Speaker 17: Force and everything.
Speaker 15: So like you'd have which if they're smart, they would do stuff like the viet Cong did the pungee sticks and everything, which would be a real uh real will paint in the ass, But like you'd have the vegetation that you'd have to worry about. You have the jaguars and shit like that, not just the cartels and cocaine labs.
Speaker 17: But I don't see us.
Speaker 15: Going in and like we are good at conventional warfare, we like the a conventional warfare.
Speaker 17: Our main troops are slacking in a little bit.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 15: I do think that what they probably should do is throw up the like de vegetation agent. I'm not saying agent orange because that's fucked, but something to kill off all the vegetation.
Speaker 1: We could be good at a typical warfare if the politicians would get out of our way.
Speaker 15: Well, I don't believe politicians should be talking to any generals. I believe that the meditarian politicians should be separate. I believe that you can tell I personally believe that you can tell us when to fight and what to fight, you should not tell us how to fight. Agree, And that's that's why I have a problem with some of the walls of engagement, like that you can't fire upon even though you know that there are a threat, You can't fire upon them until they start shooting you, and at that point you've already lost two or three of your guys.
Speaker 17: So fuck that. I believe that you should shoot first, ask questions later.
Speaker 1: I agree with it, well to a point, depends on the environment you're in, but I see where you're going with this, and I don't inherently disagree with what you're saying.
Speaker 15: Also about the marine that they showed, well, those desert cammies, Yeah, so that isn't that It's been a while since i'me out, but like I've only ever wore like my woodlands. I don't remember wearing my desert cammies up until like a part of like boot. But like I thought that the woodlands was where you could wear out, but the deserts you couldn't, because that was like the combat.
Speaker 17: I'm not exactly shure.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, So at least back when they issued desert cammies. From what I've been told, it's only woodlands year round. Now it's just the sleeves roll versus the sleeves down, whether it's a winter or summer.
Speaker 2: But what it was was, well, good keep.
Speaker 1: Them because that's a sign of a foregone era.
Speaker 2: So now what it is.
Speaker 1: It used to be you would wear your deserts with rolled sleeves during the summer months or when daylight savings time was not in effect, and then as soon as daylight savings time hit, it would swap to woodlands with the sleeves down.
Speaker 15: I like the I can never get the sleeves to be perfect when they rolled. I've always just preferred the sleeves down, though there were some people that did the wizard sleaves.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, no, no, oh no, no, that was that was absolutely you would get your shit wrecked for having loose sleeves.
Speaker 2: We call them gunny rolls.
Speaker 1: And yeah, if you if you were a gunny or up, you could roll your sleeves out the hell you want it. But if you were a staff sergeant on down, that shit needs to be ironed and crisp and tucked.
Speaker 15: But anyway, I ended up taking one of my other woodlands. I just I modified it. I pretty much cut the thing and rolled the seas up with nice and cleaston everything and just had them sewed like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, we had dudes that did that too. We just also learned how to roll our sleeves properly. But the coolest shit I ever seen was actually a major as a matter of fact, and this was I went back to Paris Island for some work twice. As a matter of fact, I saw this dude who he was I think he was a major. Think he was one of the battalion commanders or something like that, and he had rolled sleeves. But he was getting on his motorcycle to go home after work. And Marine Corps order says, if you're riding a motorcycle, you cannot have any skin below the chin showing, so you have to wear long sleeves, you have to wear.
Speaker 2: Gloves, a whole nine.
Speaker 1: This dude had cut desert camie sleeves like at the sh and basically just pulled these things over his rolled sleeves and tucked them in on each side and just rolled out so that when he got to where he was going, he could take the sleeve off and his sleeves would be rolled properly, and I'm just like, that's fucking genius. This guy's got it all figured out.
Speaker 15: Also not to be laying go back. But like with the rioters, they could be worse. At least they're getting tear gas and not getting molotov cocktails like the bonus on me. And when the quote unquote protesters become violent, throwing rocks, books, fireworks and even there's even people who shot at the ICE agents and the marions and everything, at that point, that is not a protest. And I don't believe that we should hurt them or whatever, But why don't we use live ammunition when they're actively trying to kill our troops and our federal agents.
Speaker 17: Why is live ammunition not a thing?
Speaker 1: Because the optics are already bad enough using pepper balls, they're already saying that it's an excessive use of violence whenever they're using the most non lethal thing that they can legally use, Like if they started tazing people, they would have court cases being brought against them.
Speaker 15: Boy plays stupid games when stupid prizes don't agree.
Speaker 1: I agree, but at the same time, it's it's about the optics and you don't.
Speaker 2: They already are.
Speaker 1: Accusing Trump of having a totalitarian regime and trying to put America under a police state style rule. They start using live ammunition on protesters. That that's not going to go well for anybody, honestly.
Speaker 15: They want to talk about a totalitarian police state, yet they're trying to push socialism in communism and Islamic shai a law.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't see it. I can't. I can't make it make sense. Brother, I don't. I don't speak retard ease.
Speaker 11: But.
Speaker 2: Probably all of them, to be honest with you anyway.
Speaker 1: All right, moving on into other international affairs, let's talk about Russia's crew deliveries plunge as US sanctions begin to bite. This is from the economic times, and apparently the sanctions are finally working allegedly.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This could all just be a media optic thing. But let's learn about it together, shall we. Russia's seaborne cruise shipments fell sharply, dropping by the most since January of twenty twenty four as the latest US sanctions led Key buyers to shy away from Moscow's oil. Cargo discharges have been hit even harder than loadings with oil on the water surging four weeks. Average volumes from the country's ports were three point five eight million barrels a day to November two, according to vessel tracking data compiled by Bloomberg, down by about one hundred and ninety thousand from the revised figure from that period to October twenty six. The average provides a clearer picture of underlying trends that more volatile weekly figures, which also sank. The slump in flows hit Moscow's oil revenue, which fell to the lowest since all and follows a US ban on dealings within the country's two biggest exporters, Roseneft PJSC and Luke Oil PJSC. Refiners in China, India and Turkey are pausing purchases of sanctioned cargoes and seeking alternative supplies, at least for now. Russian exporters are continuing to load crude oil onto tankers, but refiners are less willing to take the cargoes into their storage tanks. That's caused the amount of Russian crude at c to soar to more than three hundred and eighty million barrels, rising by twenty seven million, or at eight percent since the start of September, according to tanker tracking data compiled again by Bloomberg, Together, India, China and Turkey sweep up more than ninety five percent of Russia's seaborn crude oil exports, so it will be almost impossible to compensate for any significant pullback in their purchases. Moscow will likely want to continue to load cargoes for as long as it can, even if they remain in floating storage, so oil held at c will be from an increasingly important measure of the impact of the latest sanctions continuing, it says, the ban on dealing with Russian Russian companies, which now extends to its four biggest crude oil exporters, will hit global supplies. The CEO of big European oil companies warned, potentially reducing the size of any glut next year. Several large Indian oil refiners, who have been buying almost a million barrels a day of Russian crude oil, are pausing purchases at least until workarounds can be found. That's expected to hit deliveries for December and January crude that should be loading at Russia's ports this month. India State run refineries are considering whether they can continue to take some of the cargoes from small suppliers instead of Russia's sanctioned energy giants. Chinese refiners are taking or they're taking similar steps. State owned processors Cinepec and Petro China Company have canceled some Russian cargoes following the US sanctions, with the buyers cautioned likely to affect as much as forty five percent of China's total sea born crude oil imports from Russia, or about four hundred thousand barrels a day, according to Riistad Energy, As the move could hit Russia's key ESPO trade shipped from the Pacific port of Cosmino, which is just a few days sailing from refineries in northern China. Refiners in Turkey, the third largest buyer of Russia's crude, have now started cutting purchases, seeking alternative supplies from other short haul suppliers, including Iraq, Libya, Saudi Arabia and Kazakhstan. Nevertheless, some think the disruption will be temporary. Down the line, you will see that more and more of the disrupted Russian oil, one way or another, finds its way onto the market. That was Gunvor Group chief executive officer. Sure, I'm not even gonna pronounce that name. He said that in an interview on Tuesday. It always does somehow, which is very true. That's very true. Whenever they first put the sanctions on Russian oil, the Russians just started using middlemen and they would offload the oil onto another ship that has a different country flagwave from it, and then they would still find a buyer, and it was just a way to fence it. So that's pretty much all they're saying, Like they're just gonna cut back on the suppliers until a workaround quote unquote can be found.
Speaker 2: It's not going to take them long to figure out, honestly.
Speaker 1: Separately, Russia's crude processing continued to climb in the final week of October as plants increased runs after seasonal maintenance on Ukrainian drone strikes, but it is likely to fall again this week after another attack, the seventh so far this year on Roseneff's Suatov plant.
Speaker 2: Probably mispronounced that so the crude shipments.
Speaker 1: A total of twenty six tankers loaded twenty one point eleven million barrels of Russia's crewed in the week of In the week to November two, vessel tracking data and port agent report show the volume was down from a revised twenty six point four to one million barrels on the thirty four.
Speaker 2: Ships in the previous week.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they are now down eight, yeah, eight ships and about four million barrels coming up on four and a half million barrels in a week.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not a little bit. But again they will find a work around.
Speaker 1: On a daily average basis, shipments in the week to November two drop to three point zero two million barrels a day, the lowest in ten weeks. Separately, two cargoes of Kazakhstan's kebco grade were shipped from oust Luga and one from Novarosik Novara six. Hold on, I know that word Novarosic, Novarosik. I don't know during the week, Yeah, help me out, Tony, Noverisk, Novarosisk.
Speaker 11: I can't even see it, but I'm sure that must be it.
Speaker 1: It is, that is absolutely it, And I've heard that word said so many times, and at this moment, I just I'm having a hard time speaking. The Russian shipments were down from all regions with Dakastri linked to the Sakhent Sakkalin one project okay, the only port to show stable flows the export value on a four week average basis, the gross value of Moscow's exports fell from about ninety million to a US to one point three six billion in a week wow in the twenty eight days November second, with export quantities and prices both failing or falling, I should say using this measure, the export prices of Russia's urals from the Baltic and Black Sea both fell by about sixty cents a barrel to fifty one point four to two and fifty one point.
Speaker 2: Seventy nine okay, so hold on.
Speaker 1: It fell sixty cents to about fifty one dollars respectively.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: The price of pacific espo crewed dropped by eighty cents to average fifty nine dollars twenty cents a barrel, remaining below the G seven price cap of sixty dollars for a second week.
Speaker 2: Delivered.
Speaker 1: Prices in India also dropped, falling by about sixty cents to sixty two point sixty two dollars and thirteen cents a barrel, all according to numbers from Angus media on a weekly basis, the value of exports average from about one point one five billion in the seven days to November two, down by twenty seven percent from the revised figure for the October period to October twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: Wow. So again, this is all kind of tying in.
Speaker 1: The sanctions seem as of this particular moment in time to finally be taking effect. But will that last? How quick will they find a work around? All of these things and more are still up for debate. But let's hear it from China himself. This is from the Hindustan Times. China and India to stop buying Russian oil at MIID Ukraine war watch. Donald Trump's bombshell claim.
Speaker 2: Listen here.
Speaker 10: India, as you know, has told me they are top stop you know there. It's a process. You can't just stop it. But by the end of the year they'll be down to almost nothing. That's a big thing. China's a little bit different, you know, They're a little bit different relationship they have with Russia.
Speaker 1: Trump's big remarks on China Russia ties ahead of high stakes meat to shee.
Speaker 2: So this is all happening.
Speaker 7: Before she stop purchasing all that Russian oil that's funding as words.
Speaker 10: Well, I think I'll be talking to him about it. I think it's a little bit of a different talk. India, as you know, has told me they are stopping you know there it's a process. You can't just stop it. But by the end of the year they'll be down to almost nothing. That's a big thing. That was almost forty percent of the oil. India. They've been great. Spoke to the Prime Ministermota yesterday. They've been absolutely great. China's a little bit different, you know, They're a little bit different. Relationship they have with Russia. It was never good, but because of Biden and Obama, they got forced together. They should never have been forced together. But they're a little bit forced. But they're by nature, they're not They can't be friendly. They can't be by nature. Then I hope they are friendly frankly, but they can't be the you don't want. You should not have forced Russia at China together, and Biden did that and Obama did that. They forced them together because of energy, because of oil, and so they are closer than they would normally be. I think I'll probably be talking about it. What I'll really be talking to them about is how do we end the war with Russia and Ukraine, whether it's through oil or energy or anything else. And I think he's going to be very receptive. He would now like to I'm not sure that he did at the beginning. He would now like to see that war ends.
Speaker 7: Do you think she plays an important role in terms of inserting himself and convincing we speak to regularly stop the war.
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 10: I think he can have a big influence on Putin. I think he can have a big influence. So a lot of people, look, he's a respected man, he's a very strong leader of a very big country. Yeah, I think he can have a big influence. And we will certainly be talking about Russia Ukraine.
Speaker 1: All right, So hey, who knows. Maybe she will have an effect on the Russian situation. Maybe this war will come to an end sooner rather than later.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But I also think it's very possible that all this was posturing and that China and India and Turkey will continue to buy Russian oil whether it has a Russian stamp on the barrel or not. They just need a middleman, that's all. It is, just fencing the product. That being said, let's continue learning about this. This is from Yahoo Finance China. Chinese oil buyers reduce Russian purchases. Chinese refiners are canceling Russian oil cargoes and adopting a weight and see attitude after the US or latest US sanctions on Russia's oil industry. Bloomberg reports, citing traders, that state owned majors including Cinopek and Petro China have canceled previously ordered Russian oil cargoes, while the so called tea pots or independent refiners had stopped buying Russian crew to avoid getting penalized for violating the US sanctions. The publication cited Riistat Energy as estimated that some forty five percent of Chinese imports of Russian crude ole have been affected by the sanctions. The figure represents some four hundred thousand barrels daily. As a result of the force change in buying habits, Russian crude is trading at deeper discount, with the flagship Urals at fifty seven point nine to nine dollars per barrel at the end of last week. China mostly imports other blend or another blend the Eastern Siberian Pacific Ocean or ESPO, and the cargo cancelations have pushed its prices lower. Bloomberg noted Russia became the largest single oil supplier to both China and India over the past three years. Again, that ma makes perfect sense because when the sanctions went out, China and India really need oil, and Russia is willing to sell it to them on the cheap to.
Speaker 2: Fuel the war machine.
Speaker 1: So of course why wouldn't they thanks to the discounts its oil carries amid Western sanctions. Now both China and India need to find alternatives to Russian crude, of which there are plenty, but at usually higher prices. China has made itself a supply cushion by importing more crude than it is using this year and building more storage capacity. Plans are to have eleven new storage sites with a combined capacity of one hundred and sixty nine million barrels by the end of twenty twenty six. India is having a more challenging time replacing Russian oil supply. Russia accounts for a third of its total oil imports, which in turn accounts for some eighty five percent of its consumption Due to its overwhelming dependence on imported crude, India is especially vulnerable to price differences and is especially motivated by discounts when making buying decisions. Even Indian refiners are portally turning away from Russian crude as well to avoid US sanctions and penalties. Oil price intelligence brings you the signals before they become front page news. This is the same expert analysis read by veteran traders and political advisors. So there you have it, you know, before we go into the next topic, Tony way In on this bro, what do you think is going to be the shakeout of this well?
Speaker 11: I was searching telegram to try to find more information from the Russian side, and I couldn't really find anything, which means either they're not worried or they're so worried they don't want to talk about it. But my gut feeling is they are going to keep exporting as much as they want, but they will find a way. Like you were saying, you were saying that, I think the the crude barrel price has gone down sixty cents out of fifty something dollars a barrel. To me, that doesn't sound big enough to be you know, even exclusively Abscribua the buld of this, but we will see if anything, when you know, you would see a big price differential between Russian crewed and others, like the other crews would go way way up if the sanctions were really effective. I also want to mention that at the beginning of the Russian invasion, Joe Biden said that we don't even need to give Ukraine weapons. We can just put SAG sanctions on Russia and that alone will choke their economy and potentially cause regime change. And of course it didn't even come close. Even all the weapons to Ukraine didn't save them.
Speaker 1: So to be fair, though, the Biden administration was incapable.
Speaker 2: But the point that you're making is still true.
Speaker 11: So I think the US has very consistently overestimated the effectiveness of sanctions, and there used to be a lot more effective long long ago, for example on South Africa, And even when the US got a bunch of sanctions on Iran in the early two thousands, we can't really do that again. So yeah, that card's been played, and Russia survived, and I think world markets were really afraid of the sanctions on Russia. So Russian. The Russian ruble went down like sixty percent of its value very quickly, but it recovered in about three weeks in twenty twenty two, right after the invasion. Yeah, it never looked.
Speaker 1: I never put a lot of stock whenever a nation's currency drops some value if it is a oil producing country, because at that point it's just a matter of time before it bounces back. It might be a year, it might be a decade, but if that nation is pumping oil from their sovereign land, their money is going to bounce back to be worth something. It literally is just a mathematical certainty.
Speaker 11: Yeah. Well, unless it's you know, certain countries with hyper inflation, then it's got a very hyperbolic looking curve to it. But Russia is pretty much a flat line except for the week after after the invasion, or like three weeks or so it knows to But then it came back and it's been relatively a flat line ever since.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's as I said that. I did remember that Iraq and the dinar in that whole ponzi scheme that was going on back in the day. I mean, hell even got me on it. I think I got like I think it was like two hundred dollars of Iraqi dinar because they produce oil, so give it a matter of time. Because before the war their currency was like four to one to ours or something like that, so over time that two hundred would have skyrocketed into more. But then, of course, when terrorist organizations took over that country and no solid government took control of the oil market.
Speaker 2: It kind of dwindled down.
Speaker 1: And now those are literally not as they're worth the toilet paper you wipe you ass with.
Speaker 2: So I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 11: You know, Speaking of currencies, I haven't kept up with Argentina, but that's another kind of hyperbolic or exponential death. They're to a currency, and I haven't heard of it getting any better since Trump tried to swap a bunch of currency with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't really think that's gonna get better. That would be if it does get better, that's gonna be one of those.
Speaker 2: Long, long, long term.
Speaker 1: Investments that's that's not going to get fixed with the current administration. Maybe in about three more administrations of people really buckling down and trying to fix their nation's economy, it might That's not something that we're going to even remember when the time comes if we even see the ROI on that.
Speaker 17: But he.
Speaker 2: Is what it is. But yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I think Russia is gonna find workarounds. Sixty cents per barrel drop is not a lot, however, And even this initial hit saying that these countries are dropping their imports from Russia by forty five percent, give it a month, give it time for them to set up some sort of a network of middlemen or fencing, and next thing you know, they're still buying rush and oil, just.
Speaker 2: With a new label on it. And it's either way it goes.
Speaker 1: They're still going to buy the cheapest oil available to them and find a way to work work around the tariff situation that Trump is putting on them. It's it's not like these people are just gonna capitulate and say, okay, yes, sir, mister Trump, whatever you say. That's that's not how these people do business. So, you know, anyway, all right, moving on, but still sticking into the Asian area, South Korea launches its final spy satellite to track North Korea twenty four to seven, completing the four to twenty five project.
Speaker 2: I think this is rather interesting.
Speaker 1: South Korea has successfully launched the fifth and final military reconnaissance satellite under its Project four twenty five program, making the completion of a year's long effort to establish an independent space based surveillance network over the Korean peninsula. According to the Cho Sun Daily, hope I pronounced that right on November TEWOD the satellite, designated number five very Original the Koreans, was launched aboard a SpaceX Falcon nine rocket from Cape Canaveral Space four station in Florida and successfully entered orbit, establishing communication with ground stations shortly after separation. The launch concluded the four to twenty five project, which deploys one electro optical and infrared satellite and four synthetic aperture radars satellites to provide round the clock monitoring capabilities. The South Korean Ministry of National Defense said the system will enable the military to detect and track potential North Korean provocations at two hour intervals, serving as a key component to Soul's quote unquote kill chain preemptive strike system. This strengthens the foundation of our three axis to turrent and significantly enhances the effectiveness of the preemptive strike system. The Ministry stated the SAAR equipped satellite Number five offers a resolution of about thirty centimeters per pixel. Wow, that's actually pretty impressive, allowing for precise observation of missile launch sites, troop movements, and other strategic facilities in North Korea under any weather conditions. The first EOIR satellite was launched in December of twenty twenty three, followed by four SAAR satellites between April twenty twenty four and now November twenty twenty five. Fringe companies Thallas A Nia Space, a key partner in the project, confirmed its contribution of radar systems and ground data infrastructure, describing the consolation as a quote high agility, high performance observation platform end quote. The firm worked alongside Korea Aerospace Industries and Hanwa Systems for the Defense Acquisition Project Administration or DAPPA. I wonder if they're trying to have a little DARPA nod on that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: With Project four to twenty five, now, Operational Soul plans to expand its reconnaissance capabilities by launching an additional fifty to sixty small and micro satellites by twenty thirty wow.
Speaker 2: The Defense Ministry said these.
Speaker 1: Efforts are part of a plan to quote advance self reliant national defense and space operational capabilities. Earlier, North Korea launched quote unquote strategic sea based cruise missiles over the Yellow Sea just hours before President Trump arrived in South Korea. The missiles flew over two hours in what appeared to be an endurance test. South Korea's Joint chiefs of Staff confirmed the launch and said the incident is under joint analysis with US authorities. So when the President gets when Trump gets to South Korea, North Korea's first course of action is to try to flex. That's a move, that's one of the moves, one of the most moves some might say that North Korea could have done, but all things considered, Yeah, So South Korea now has five satellites in the sky that they will be able to watch every single move the North Korea makes, and they're talking about launching fifty more sometime in the next five years. That's impressive. But anyway, I thought it was interesting enough to bring up on this episode. Now let's move more west but still in Asia, and let's talk about updates. Hama's hands over a body of an Israeli captive and Israel kills two in Gaza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is from Al Jazir. Let's get into it here. Read more. Hold on, here's what happened today.
Speaker 1: Israel has confirmed that the body of a deceased Israeli captive has been received via the Red Cross. Two Palestinian men have been killed in separate Israeli attacks in central Gaza, the army said, claiming the men crossed the CeaseFire's yellow line. The Israeli army has also launched raids and intensive artillery shelling while carrying out demolitions in South Gaza.
Speaker 2: But I thought there was a ceasefire. What happened there?
Speaker 1: In the occupied West Bank, Israeli forces rated several towns, sparking confrontations with residents and detaining at least three people, while settlers assaulted residents and hebrons must.
Speaker 2: Mass off for YadA. Probably mispronounced it, but it's fine.
Speaker 1: The water crisis in Gaza has reached a catastrophic level, municipality spokesperson Hasni Mana said, with the central desalination plant completely out of action and with only seventeen out of eighty eight wells still in operation and Israeli strike on southern Lebanon killed one person and injured another. Lebanese authorities reported, Wow, so here we have a couple of pictures on screen of some of the the burials that are that are taking place right now. Israel's military claims to have killed Hamas fighter. Israel's military says it killed a Hamas fighter who it claims was responsible for holding six Israeli's captive in Gaza. In a post on x, the Israeli military said it had eliminated Zaid Zaki, Abd al Hadi, ak Jesus these names in a strike it said was carried out in response to Hamas's violations of the Seasfire Agreement. Israeli media said the strike was conducted on October twenty ninth. The Israeli military claimed that they killed Yeah, that was misspelling there. They killed Himas fighter responsible for the captive captivity of Israeli bar Cooper Steen, Ohad been Ami, Maxim Herkin, El Kana Bobot and Segev Calfon Yep and Yusuf Heim o'hannah Ohannah is an Israeli name. I swear that was Hawaiian, okay, who were abducted into Gaza during the October seventh attack. The six captives have all been released. One of the captives, Calfon, told Israeli papers uh the Jerusalem Post, that the captives had been hailed in a pit in Al's house. Okay, So with that being said, in the situation in Gaza is still as there is a quote unquote cease fire going on there right now. They have now allowed reporters to make their way into Gaza for the first time in a good while, and what they're reporting it from the vantage point that they were allowed to show is absolute destruction. Let's watch this together. This is from NBC News tonight.
Speaker 7: Everywhere you look, the destruction in Gaza is overwhelming. This is the Shujaiya neighborhood in Ruins.
Speaker 25: This is my first time visiting and seeing this destruction close out since the ceasefire. Israel's military took journalists into Gaza on the condition that we not show the military facilities or faces of most military personnel, for what the IDF said are security reasons. The devastation can be seen from space. This was that neighborhood before October seventh. This after two years of war, just.
Speaker 7: A month ago. This would have been the scene of some of the fiercest loudest fighting of the war. Israeli forces withdrew as part of the ceasefire. In the distance, that's hamas controlled territory. The IDF, says, Hamas is still firing on Israeli troops. You can see the shellcasings from the IDF firing back from here.
Speaker 11: We've seen Tamas violate the agreement almost on a daily basis, in some days more on the daily basis.
Speaker 7: Both sides accuse each other of violating the peace steel, which is still holding. They took us to a fortified out post over Shouldaia, where Hamas said it exhumed the body of Etai Hen, the last American hostage still in Gaza. His remains finally returned last night.
Speaker 8: Two years of hell, two years of sleepless nights, we could finally say the sentence we've been waiting for.
Speaker 6: He tie is back home.
Speaker 7: Elsewhere in Gaza, Palestinians living in the middle of the destruction. This man, a father of nine kids. We can't afford food, he said. Without this soup kitchen, we wouldn't eat tonight. Hamas handed over the remains of what it said, was another slain hostage also exhumed and should Jaia. They Israeli say they're working to identify the body.
Speaker 1: We think, all right, so the ceasefire quote unquote is still holding quote unquote for now.
Speaker 2: It's literally a powder keg.
Speaker 1: One false move could set everything back into motion and somehow they're still fighting going on, but it's they're tentatively trying, and by they, I mean both sides are tentatively trying to bring all of this to a resolution and has of this moment. It's just it's not a good situation and it hasn't been for quite some time. But at least reporters are now able to get into a certain section of the city to report on what they're seeing, and it is absolute destruction, honestly.
Speaker 2: So now let's go a little more.
Speaker 1: South of the Israel Gaza conversation to Tanzania. Tanzania election failed to comply with democratic standards, says the African Union, and this has led to essentially a civil.
Speaker 2: War taking place in Tanzania right now.
Speaker 1: Last week's Tanzania election failed to comply with democratic standards, says the African Union, adding to mounting international pressures from President Samya Soluhu Hassan's administration over the deadly vote UOTE.
Speaker 2: The African Union's Election.
Speaker 1: Monitoring arm, which sent a team of seventy two observers to Tanzania and Zanzibar for the October twenty ninth election on Wednesday, pointed to ballot stuffing, the government imposed internet blackout, allegations of excessive military force, and politically motivated abductions as quote unquote compromising election integrity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's Africa, but okay.
Speaker 1: The election did not comply with African Union principles, normative frameworks, and other international obligations and standards for democratic elections, the mission's report concluded, adding that the environment was not conducive to peaceful conduct and.
Speaker 2: Acceptance of electoral outcomes.
Speaker 1: We have a couple of videos that are attached to this article that we're actually going to play at this time once again, if you'd like to see what these articles are about, rather than just hear about it, go to the link in the description to the Cajun Night on Patreon.
Speaker 2: Let's watch these together.
Speaker 23: To the height of somebody on.
Speaker 2: Real Quick, it said.
Speaker 1: That video was Tanzanian soldiers fighting at pro or shooting at protesters who say the government of President Samia Saluk Whu rigged the October twenty ninth election. It's just one of dozens of videos that have come out since the polling was released. The opposition says the crackdown has killed more than eight hundred people.
Speaker 2: Tanzanians. They say that they are fighting for their country.
Speaker 26: Uh.
Speaker 1: The video purports to show about thirty bodies at a medical facility. Many of those killed up here to have been shot in the head. The UN says dozens of government critics have been arrested or disappeared. The government has also blocked the Internet and restricted the press those are never good signs, but has rejected accusations of using disproportionate violence.
Speaker 27: The security forces haven't been too heavy handed. It's a right of a nation. It's our sovereign right to protect our people, to maintain peace in our country. It's our constitutional right also to protect people's properties. So whatever means of force that has been used is just the level of protecting force, not None of the excessive force has been used, and the country cannot use an excessive force against its own citizens for sure.
Speaker 1: According to official results, President Samia Salut who won ninety eight percent of the vote. Her main challenges were either jailed or barred from running. Government officials also reported a record turnout, although protesters set fire to some polling stations and others were anty. The UN has called for a third and impartial investigation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a good situation over there. And again.
Speaker 1: Outside sources, well not even fully outside sources.
Speaker 2: African Union members have said that this.
Speaker 1: Was wrought with just illegal practices as far as an election is concerned. Now the UN is getting involved, saying, no, we need to have a real investigation into this, especially if your people are so upset. You apparently won the election by ninety eight percent, and you are saying that your people are so upset by this that they're taking to the streets and you have to launch your military to literally shoot them all down. This sudden sound good, especially whenever they stop the internet and the press. These are very massive telltale signs that there is a little more chicanery going on than what they're letting us know. Protesters poured into the streets of Dar s Salaam and other cities following the election, where they faced police these violence, clouds of tear gas and limited internet access. The country's main opposition party, Chameida or Kammeida I'm not sure, has since claimed hundreds of people were killed, a figure the government has denied. Videos were reviewed by Al Jazeera showed dozens of bodies, including a people shot in the head, protester with bloody faces, and security forces firing guns in the street. The AU's mission urged Tanzanian authorities to exercise restraint and pursue throw investigations into violence against protesters. Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen. Quote here says Tanzania should prioritize electoral and political reforms to address the root cause of its democratic and electoral challenges witnessed ahead of, during, and after the twenty twenty five general election, the report said. The AU report came amid another rare rebuke from the Southern African Development Community the SADC earlier this week, which detailed violence, censorship and general intimidation of the public and opposing figures. Overall, all, voters could not express their democratic will, SADC said in a preliminary report on Monday, adding that the elections fell short of the SADC principles Hassan swept nearly ninety eight percent of the vote after her two main competitors were barred from competing. Again, that's not exactly a fair democratic practice there. Kadema was disqualified in April after refusing to sign an electoral code of conduct, while the country's second biggest party, the act Wazalindo, was excluded after an objection from an attorney general. Interesting Kamida's leader, Tundu Lesou separately faces a treason trial after calling for election reforms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got all the signs of some chakanery. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: The SADC chronicled such events directly, writing that the disqualifications had created an uneven political playing field and undermining the democratic process. The last time SADC openly criticized an Africa election process was during Zimbabwe's election in twenty twenty three. It has since observed a handful of other elections, including in Malowi, Botswana, South Africa, Madagascar, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which most of those countries. If you look at what the political situation looks like right now, is not exactly a positive thing. So let that sink him. Her first comments after being sworn in, Hassan appeared to blame foreigners for the protests, saying it was not a surprise that those arrested were from other countries, according to a translation by the Associated Press. Hassan first took power in twenty twenty one after the unexpected death of her predecessor, John Magoofouli Okay. Since then, local and international watchdogs have repeatedly raised the alarm over her administration's alleged campaign of forced disappearances, torture and assault of critics, as well as widespread media repression. In June, a panel of United Nations experts said they had documented more than two hundred disappearances in the country since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 17: Wow.
Speaker 1: So yes, the political situation in Africa, specifically Tanzania. Also, if you want to look at what's going on in Madagascar and the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Botswana and South Africa right now, there.
Speaker 2: Is a lot of turmoil in these places right now.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying all of it's political, but especially when it comes to something like this where it's right after an election where ballot stuffing was already being talked about and then she wins with ninety eight percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seems like it's a no brainer. What I mean?
Speaker 1: All right, now, let's move a little north. Let's talk about some European conversation here. Despite chargers being filed against four suspects in the Louver heist, stolen jewels are still missing. So we talked about this one of the baalsiest heists I've ever heard of in my life. These dudes a they keep using the term crane. I would call it a bucket truck, but whatever. They use that to break into a window of the Louver like they were construction workers, walked up to some of the crown Jewels of France and with miniature chainsaws, cut through the display, took the jewels and ran and then got away on basically east scooters. And apparently they've got four suspects and they were gonna hear report in a minute saying somewhere possibly five.
Speaker 2: We shall see.
Speaker 1: This is still getting updated by the minute here, but the jewels nowhere to be found.
Speaker 2: Let's learn more about this together.
Speaker 1: As the investigation into the brazen heist at the Louver Museum in Paaris stretched into its sixteenth day. On Monday, authorities said the whereabouts of the stolen jewels remain a mystery, despite four suspects being charged in the case. Paris Public Prosecutor Laura buck Cowell said in a radio interview on Sunday that three of the suspects so far had been linked to the Louver robbery through DNA, and insisted the detectives had not exhausted all the leads that have poured in since the pro began.
Speaker 2: All leads have been explored.
Speaker 1: Bull told Franchi's Faux Radio of efforts to recover the jewels, but Kyle added that the arrests made at the Louver or in the Louver investigation have led to new searches and the seizure of new objects that are being examined. We are following leads that for the moment have absolutely not been.
Speaker 2: Exhausted by Mi Kyle said. Hope, I'm pronouncing that name right.
Speaker 1: But Kyle said, one suspect who played an active role in the heist remains at large, while three others have been charged with organized robbery and conspiracy to commit organized robbery. So again we're where are the missing jewels? The prosecutor said, investigators have not given up on recovering the one hundred and twenty million dollars worth in jewels. These are the jewels in question that we're stolen, which I'm gonna have to take my glasses off to read this. Empress Eugene's bo bodice yep made of two four and thirty eight diamonds and it was commissioned to be made in eighteen fifty five. A neck composed of eight sapphires and six hundred and thirty one diamonds, gifted by Napoleon the First to his second wife, Marie Louise as a wedding present in eighteen ten.
Speaker 2: Empress Eugene's broach made of ninety diamonds. Necklace made of thirty two emeralds and one thousand, one hundred and thirty eight diamonds, gifted by Napoleon the first to Marie Louise.
Speaker 1: Emerald and diamond earrings gifted to Napoleon the first two Marie Louise. They look like they might match that necklace, honestly. Earrings composed of sapphires and diamonds, gifted by Napoleon the First to his second wiferom Marie Louise as a wedding present in eighteen ten. Tiara made of twenty four sapphires and a one thousand eighty three diamonds that was worn by Queen Horteens Queen Maria Meals and Isabelle of Orleans, and tiara made of two hundred and twelve pearls two thousand diamonds. Wow, from Queen Maria Meals and Queen Hornys's collection. I mean, don't get me wrong, these are gorgeous artifacts and legitimate crown jewels of the royal family. But also yeah, still no sign of them.
Speaker 2: Turning up anywhere. So there's that.
Speaker 1: We are examining all aspects of the parallel market, Makal said, and by that she means the black market, the illegal trade here. But Christopher Maronello, CEO of Art Recovery International, a private company that specializes in locating looted artworks, told ABC News that he fears the jewels might have been dismantled by Now, yeah, I think it's a pretty fair assessment. As we said from the beginning of this theft, if the jewels are not recovered in the first forty eight hours, they are most likely broken up into smaller jewels and gyms and sold in the marketplace, Marinello said. Asked if there was any way to identify the thousands of individual diamonds, emeralds, and sapphires that compose each of the missing eight pieces, Marinello said, many of the smaller stones are virtually untraceable to this collection. Yeah, only the larger stones could possibly be traced to this but unfortunately, those are the stones that will have wanted to break up as quickly as possible, Mayor Nolla said. So moving on from this article, we can watch a little news clip that's going to talk about it a little deeper. Apparently five in the jewel heist have been arrested, and this was dropped just a couple of hours prior to recordings.
Speaker 2: So let's listen.
Speaker 28: In the investigation into the Crown jewel heist at the Louver Museum here is heating up. Five new suspects have been arrested. One was identified because his DNA was found in the Apollo gallery where the theft took place. Two others have been given preliminary charges in the case, but the jewels themselves have not yet been found. The Paris prosecutor made a plea to those who have the jewels to hand them over, saying they cannot be legally sold anywhere in the world, but experts say they're probably being cut up and sold on the black market instead. Under French law, investigations are supposed to be secret, so we don't have identification of the suspects or many details. The prosecutor has not said whether they've identified the mastermind behind this audacious theft. Meanwhile, the Apollo Gallery where this took place, remains closed to all the visitors here at the Louver today.
Speaker 2: Now, I do want to make a mention of this. I was watching this.
Speaker 1: Video where it was a former jewel thief who was doing a breakdown of some like movie scenes then you'll see like bank heists and things like that happening. He was showing what things that the movie directors got right, some stuff that they got wrong, and he made a very interesting point that I think plays in here there. I forget if it was the town or what the movie was, but basically he saw these dudes who was taking basically saran wrapped stacks of cash, throwing it in double bags, and they were just like throwing all of these on their backs and then running out the door. He's like, you gotta understand, cash is king, but cash is heavy.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: If one dollar weighs you know, one gram, and you're doing that to a stack of thousands of that, and then basically you gotta keep in mind.
Speaker 2: It's like compressed paper.
Speaker 1: So think about a double bag full top to bottom, side to side full of unopened packs of computer paper. Essentially, you're not just gonna like throw that over your shoulder and take off in a full sprint like that weighs a lot. That's why he did jewel thievery, because one rock in your pocket could be worth thirty thousand dollars as opposed to carrying around thirty thousand dollars in cold, hard cash on your back.
Speaker 2: He's like, cash is king, but cash is heavy.
Speaker 1: Jewels, I mean, you could throw that in your pocket and be ready to roll for as long as you need and nobody's it's not gonna look out of character whenever you make your way to a crowd either. So when they're talking about the Crown jewels here and they're being broken up and sold on the black market, I think it's possible and very probable when you're talking about this in the black market of fine jewelry collectors that would have the amount of money required to buy this as a collected piece, like the tiaras for instance. Yeah, you've got some very wealthy person that doesn't really ask questions as to how this seller came about this souln artifact.
Speaker 2: They want the entire tiara in totality.
Speaker 1: Right, that is a thing, But especially when it comes to some of those larger sapphires and emeralds, Yeah, I don't think those are gonna be I don't think those are.
Speaker 2: Gonna be intact.
Speaker 1: And when you got like that one where it was what was it the bodice, I think is what they used in the term this thing here where it's like a jeweled bow. Yeah, that's two four and thirty eight diamonds. Yeah, they're gonna break that up. They're absolutely gonna break that up and sell the diamonds as individual things. They might possibly be able to find a buyer for the entire piece itself, but it is way more probable that they're breaking this up for the larger stones to sell it to collectors and all the things. But anyway, so as of now, no new headway has been made into the louver heist situation, but I thought it was interesting enough to bring up here. All right, now, our resident Jewish correspondent, Royce or aka yoked Yid, this expang's new humanoid gynoid looking closer to human form. Okay, this is actually kind of scary, but we're gonna watch this together. Don't know any words, it's just gonna be sound. Yeah, that is a robot, that is, and granted you could still tell that it's a robot. It's still a little robotic in its movements. But they're getting closer and closer to making these things as human acting and moving as possible.
Speaker 2: This is scary to me personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's. Oh, that's disconcerting to me personally. I don't know what to make of it. I don't like humanoid looking robots making their way into the public like this.
Speaker 2: That it just reeks of Terminator movies to me.
Speaker 1: But anyway, all right now, let's hear the latest from three I atlass mystery. NASA on alert as interstellar comet brightens after sun encountered. There are those there are those that is saying that the three I Atlas is making very alien slash extraterrestrial slash intelligent design movements.
Speaker 2: Right now, I don't know what to make of it. As of this moment.
Speaker 1: When it was way off into the distance, they couldn't really tell what it was comprised of.
Speaker 2: They said it was copper or something like that, or iron.
Speaker 1: Then as it got closer to the Sun, it morphed into mostly nickel made, which is very interesting that it would change what it's made of.
Speaker 2: I don't think it actually changed. I think we probably just got a better look at it.
Speaker 1: But either way, the early other thing that I saw was usually whenever our comet is making its way through space, it has a tail going off behind it, right, And as it gets closer to the Sun, certain frozen gases on the comet meteor asteroid the object are going to melt and they are going to go sublime. Right, They're going to go from its solid state to its gaseous state. Stop off in liquid land for just a second. But it's basically going to be used to give propulsion to the object, and it should zoom away from the Sun faster than it arrived at the Sun. But it should all be behind it as it takes off three Iye Atlas is very interesting in the fact that it has a gaseous plume on the front side of it and the backside of it at the same time. To my knowledge, we've never had something douce this before, so I find that very interesting. But let's hear from the news media. What is the latest on three iye Atlasts?
Speaker 16: Its secrets closed? With this t something has broken the cosmic silence at read it from beyond seven billion years in the baking has managed to enter into our solar system. We'll leave you with this boat, which explains how the selestial wisdom known only as the three I Atlas has rewritten the physics textbooks and then disappeared from the script altogether. Thanks watching.
Speaker 26: For months, it was just a smudge of light, a ghostly halo on the edge of the queeper belt. Then the data stream screamed three Iye Atlas, the third interstellar object ever confirmed, was on a strange trajectory toward the Sun. Now, as three eye at Lasts slink shots around the Sun, something extraordinary unfolds the comet's light pens it turned and twisted. This was exactly as Einstein's general relativity predicted astronomer's watch stunned as gravity turns spacetime into a lens, the universe itself seems to bow to Einstein's mass. Then, in a move no model saw coming, three eye atlas shift skiers. Instead of the predicted cause, the comet vears, as if under the control of an invisible force. The comet or ship made an unscheduled maneuver, a distinct, inexplicable shift in its orbital path. No known rules could account for this year force, a clear deliberate vector change, defying all known Newtonian and relativistic calculations. So what's the driving force behind three I atlas? It was a physics viodation, an engineering marvel, or something far darker. Every eye is glued to fresh data. Was this a natural interstellar retic or evidence of alien technology piloting a path beyond physics? You will report meon world is one.
Speaker 2: So I find that very interesting.
Speaker 1: So three I atlasts took a crazy shift turn, if you will. But again, I know a lot of people were concerned that it was going to hit Earth. It was never slated to do so as of this moment. As a time of recording, on the fifth of November. It has not made its way and hit Earth or or made a direction like it's about to come to earth either. So as far as alien craft trying to make contact with humans or something, yeah, as of this moment, nothing nothing to report on, but I think it's still interesting that we stay up to date on it. So before we wrap, I'm gonna get over here to the uh, to the chat and see what everybody's been.
Speaker 2: Talking about on the back burner. Here. I like to throw hands with the haters. I'll introduce me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Thomas Massey got married again. That's interesting, Tony Okay, Thomas Massey? Uh yeah, No, Spear and Anam. I know who Veporion was. I remember we talked about that on the Cult Live last night. Let's see here, what else? Socialism you line up for bread? Capitalism, breadlines up for you. Yeah, it's a very good that's a very good meme about how that works. I have a Titan one missile in my town next to the christ stools and a gas station.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Was just talking about the man cover with the cousins and brother in law to day. Yeah, for anybody who's curious about us launching the manhole cover into space, Operation plumb Bob the Fat Electrician did an amazing take on it.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, China has a great wall. Hadrian also had a wall. Yeah, and Hadrian didn't. That didn't work out too well for him for too long.
Speaker 1: Spiar and Almo says, Stalin let his son die in a concentration camp. Yeah, he absolutely did. Lincoln and Sherman for burning down Ga. They could also get it too, Yeah, agreed, agreed. Uh, kadjiki stand sounds like it should be in a so calm game. It might be one day, but yeah, it's a stand. So was at one point a part of the Soviet Union, but they're they're doing their own thing these days. Let's see, isn't that The desert camis yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: The yoaked Yid released this clip that was the AI bought. Yeah, we played that video.
Speaker 1: My Matsasu Mano was a Japanese right wing porn star in the seventies who kama cosied his plane into a politician's house. He walked away unharmed. I don't know why, Sam, This is the first time I've ever heard that. That's that's new infro to me. But okay, that's a thing that took place. I guess does Russian even care if their bloodlines are how many Russians are lost? Yeah, we talked about that on the on the show. Let's see. Most of the way the US kills people is drones, bombs, missiles, and sanctions, not so much by bullets. Yeah, agreed, we should relegalize drugs, but we never will because that's how the CIA makes money.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, Tony to a point.
Speaker 1: I feel like the legalization of drugs there, there's gotta be a little bit of some some give and take there. I don't think we should have free and legal every drug. Ever, I think we should decriminalize certain types of drugs. And I also don't think that a drug dealer should get the same type of punishment that a violent criminal gets. So I'm with you to a point on that one. But that's the other thing too. We now have narcan vending machines in multiple states. In California, and as a matter of fact, I just saw an article on this in reading California, there is a vending machine where you can get clean needles, narcan, and condoms.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to make of this. I don't think that like, yes, narcan can.
Speaker 1: Save a life, and I absolutely am down with that, But at the same time, does that not give people a green light to do these things even further, which is kind of against the point.
Speaker 11: It's a yeah, yeah, I guess I'm in favor of it, seeing also the downsides. But what would you make of a system where peopeople could just get a prescription for fentanel just because, and then you know, they get the prescription, they go buy a defined amount of it or just whatever the drug is, even heroin.
Speaker 1: And so I have many people in my life that have died as a result of opiates. I've talked about this before. My buddy Tray Alaman, rip Marine Corps veteran, got blown up in Afghanistan. His back was shattered. He gets home and he has prescribed oxy for the pain, and he wasn't abusing them. He was using them as prescribed. Then in twenty sixteen, the VA decided that they're no longer going to prescribe opiates to any veterans. And he had an addiction at this point, so he went to the streets to score h to feed his addiction, and he got to where he was spending four hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: A day on his opioid addiction, and.
Speaker 1: They didn't try to step off veterans or give them another kind of pain relief substitute or anything like that. So I disagree with a medical system that is going to just easily and OsO willy nilly.
Speaker 2: Hand out very harmful drugs.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that in fentanyl has a place in the medical industry, but they handed out way too liberally, the same way they hand out opiates way too liberally.
Speaker 2: I think that there's a time and place for you. It's same with cocaine.
Speaker 1: Cocaine has medical uses, and it's excellent for those uses, But you don't see anybody going and getting a cocaine prescription filled.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think that we should have some sort of a better revised medical system and a way better revision of our pharmaceutical industry than what we currently have. But I don't think that green lighting it on the street level is going to fix the problem that you know, I feel like there's got to be some sort of a give and take here.
Speaker 2: There's got to be some sort of a middle ground that we can find.
Speaker 11: Yeah, kinda what do you think would have happened if your friend had just been able to keep getting that prescription filled indefinitely for years and years, even if he would be dependent on it for the rest of his life, that you think that would be better than you know, trying to make him go cold turkey. Maybe not cold turkey, but ween and my off of it. If that also has a risk in not working, so.
Speaker 1: He would have stayed on it for the rest of his life. Yes, he would have taken his two pills a day, which is what he needed to function. He was not somebody with an addicted personality by nature, but he got that way because of this. But personally, I would have rathered him go towards cretom than opiates. And I'm not like the biggest fan of kretom, but at the same time, it is a much.
Speaker 2: Healthier and better solution than opiates.
Speaker 1: And I feel like there's there's all kinds of other natural solutions that we can find that do not require labs and chemicals and long form addiction. I have an aunt, as a matter of fact, she got in a car wreck years and years back, jacked up her back.
Speaker 2: She got prescribed.
Speaker 1: Opiates, she got off of the opiates, and then a month later gotten another car wreck rejacked up her back.
Speaker 2: She was back on opiates and was.
Speaker 1: She couldn't function without them, but then there was examples where she kind of abused those for the better part of fifteen years. She's doing a lot better now, but it took years to get to that point. I would hope that people that are addicted to these types of painkillers can find their way off of them. But at the same time, when it's something with the back that unless you're willing to do some sort of crazy surgery, and then in some cases there's no surgery offered to fix the problem itself, aside from burning a nerve, But then that also causes other problems on the other end. So it's like I said, I think there's a place for these types of things, but it's done so frivolously, and people get prescribed hard narcotics for essentially growing pains so often, and then there's people that really could use these types of hard drugs, but there should be a system in place to get them off of it.
Speaker 2: It's like it should be a.
Speaker 1: Rehabilitation method rather than a new lifestyle method.
Speaker 11: That's just me, yeah, yeah, I understand and agree there must be a word for that, like detoxing or you know, getting off of one thing even if you get onto another thing. But I think for a few people out there, just accepting the fact that they're going to be on it for the rest of their lives might be the best thing that they can hope for, because if the alternative is a high probability of seeking it out on the street for four hundred dollars a day and accidentally killing themselves or deliberately killing themselves, Yeah, just letting them stay on a low dose for the rest of their life, in my opinion, for some people, that's probably the best thing they can expect. And well, yeah, and the CIA makes money off of it, so anyway, it's probably not going to change. But yeah, Oregon had a pretty bad experience with marijuana and I think they recriminalized it.
Speaker 2: Goodday.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they had a bad experience of twenty twenty one. Bob Murphy did a podcast about this, and yeah, they recriminalized it. But basically he and his friend, they're both super libertarian and anarchists. They were trying to say, you know, maybe they just didn't do it right, but we don't want to sound like Tom he's saying, well, they just didn't do it right, you know, right, they didn't do libertarianism right, but there were there were a lot of reasons that they really just did not do it right, and maybe it could be done a lot better.
Speaker 1: Agreed, And I think that marijuana should be decriminalized, right unless, Okay, if you're buying ten pounds of weed, I think that a very easy case could be made for intent to distribute, and then we should have that kind of conversation that that's illegal. Okay, fine, but somebody buying it for their own personal use, I don't who are they hurting with that? Right, that's not I don't see an issue with that personally. But and then the whole conversation that weed is a gateway drug. It can be, but it doesn't have to be. And I feel like more often than not it's not. Pills are way more of a gateway to hard drugs systematically than weed is. So, yeah, Oregon is a I don't know if that's a isolated case of people that experience bad rapport from the legalization thereof Colorado, if I'm not mistaken, hasn't seen any kind of real negative drawbacks. There's been some cases, sure, but once they legalize marijuana, if I'm not mistaken, their hard drug usage drastically dropped in the state have way more tax revenue. I know Washington had a very similar experience, but it's been so long since I looked at the statistics of these states and what things look like now that I honestly couldn't speak intelligently on it. All right, let's continue in here. It says cut it cutting out on me. I have searched this topic in telegram. Oh you said that earlier Tony got you, got you the Queper belt.
Speaker 2: The culper of Kuyoper is pronounced like hyper Okay.
Speaker 11: Indian guy in the video you just played said, oh, we have a comment out of the queeper belt, and I thought, haha, I know it's pronounce Kuiper belt.
Speaker 2: Got you, Got you okay?
Speaker 1: And then have I heard of a muhamua which people think was an alien probe a similar asteroid. Yeah, we talked about that on the cult not too terribly long ago. I had heard of a muhamua. I hadn't done much digging into it, and you get a lot of wild reports when you start doing digging into this. Depending on the source, some will say that it transmitted like Morse code to certain receivers on Earth, and then there are others that say that, yeah, it was a very interesting commet, but that's all it actually was. I think it's a very interesting comet just personally. The more I looked at it. There's not many credible sources that say that it was transmitting some sort of a message to Earth, but there are definitely those reports out there. You know, there's reports of people that are meditating and channeling in on three Iye at List and they're receiving I think the term they uses downloads from it or metaphysical messages from it, and that's that's a thing to them.
Speaker 2: I guess. I I don't know. Maybe we're all crazy.
Speaker 1: And Three Eye Atlas is absolutely an alien craft that is going to stop on Earth and we're going to meet aliens in the flesh. I don't know, but I think it was worth bringing up on this episode. Amuamo is another very interesting case study. With that being said, all the contingent of the Cajun Night, I want to thank y'all for joining me this evening, and I do want to leave y'all with a.
Speaker 2: With a parting word here.
Speaker 1: Okay, as of time recording, it is November the fifth, and I do think that it is worth remembering the gunpowder treason and Guy Fawkes remember remember the fifth of November the gunpowder treason to plot.
Speaker 2: I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot.
Speaker 1: And with that being said, I want to thank everybody joining me on this evening once again to all the listeners of the Cajun Night. If you'd like to join us next Wednesday at nine pm Central, then go to the link in the description below to patreon dot com slash Cajun Night. There's only one tier for jury. We're just trying to grow this to be an informational sharing group that meets every Wednesday night, and I know we all thoroughly enjoy these chats.
Speaker 2: Once again, everybody, thank you for joining me. I am the Cajun Night and as always, God bless