Speaker 1: In there, folks.
Speaker 2: Before we dive in, just a friendly reminder that Beer Belly Sports is a podcast, not a mensa meeting. They're not CNN, ESPN, not your mom's book club, and they're definitely not to be trusted with an intelligent thought. They're here for laughs, beer, and a good time, not pulid surprises or perfect stats. The opinions, hot takes, and wild predictions you're about to hear are strictly their own and possibly influenced by whatever was on tap earlier in the day. If you should take anything that they say too seriously, that's on you, Bubba. So crack a cold one, sit on back, and remember it's all good fun, just a bunch of Minnesotans talkin' sports, sippin' beer, sometimes making sense, and demonstrating the thoughts that kept them out of the really good schools. Everybody, please just take a breath and we'll begin with.
Speaker 3: So work check check one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're kind of what's been a while. It feels like it's been.
Speaker 3: A while, at least two weeks, but then just with scheduling and stuff and for everybody else, illnesses and snow man.
Speaker 5: Bruce was in Egypt that's already Bruce, He's like the f G again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like it's like my fable right there.
Speaker 3: You look so much like OV right.
Speaker 1: Now, I know it's let it go.
Speaker 6: I don't have to work inside the building anymore, so I don't have to be shavened.
Speaker 5: I was just feeling like Matt's missing a hat.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Usually you're right, and there's like ten thousand.
Speaker 3: Well he's talking to your cowboy hat feels here?
Speaker 4: I got, it just feels there.
Speaker 1: I got. We're back.
Speaker 4: I feel better.
Speaker 5: I find that soothing there. It's like comfort comforting.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: It's a little too formal. Otherwise you're not gonna go in your your opening rant. You're not gonna hit us with the good morning, good after that happen, and this is code opening. We normally cold open and then we would do the.
Speaker 3: When you when you watch a TV show, does it start with the disclaimer or does it start with the opening credit?
Speaker 6: You know, I, honestly I must not be right watching the right ones because I don't remember any disclaimers on any of my television shows.
Speaker 4: Wow, to be like to be honest for about a month minute.
Speaker 3: Well you haven't heard the new I.
Speaker 1: Was one. I was the one that jumped and got away always started. That is true.
Speaker 4: I lost my screen, damn it. That that was good.
Speaker 1: That's probably about the only one that I watched and actually started with a well, and then the showtime and Cinemax stuff. When I was younger.
Speaker 4: What happened that?
Speaker 6: You know, there was a few channel mostly just letters, though with a brief description of what the letters meant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, what you're going to do when it comes.
Speaker 1: Hopefully mom doesn't walk out there.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 1: Got a different channel on a recall real quick.
Speaker 3: That's why you got to schedule your time, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I didn't do that.
Speaker 5: Cops was online for twenty years or something.
Speaker 1: They brought it back, Yeah, they brought it back on. Now they got like, well now they have like the cameras, they got like the uh the body cam footage.
Speaker 5: You know, those are all over a YouTube. There's there's been a series of these of the sovereign citizen. Have you seen those where the police pull over people and they say, I'm not subject to your juriorsy. Oh yeah, I'm a sovereign citizen.
Speaker 6: I love that stuff. That's when you get the windows get busted out of the car. Oh, it's my favorite. The one I watched.
Speaker 1: The guy was like, you know what it was for, it was for bad tabs, and he just wouldn't listen to the cops at all.
Speaker 6: And then the Heather guys, like you could see him. He went put gloves on and he's kind of dancing in the background. He's like he's he's waiting because he's like, we're gonna break the window, you know. And it was like this had to have been a half an hour video I watched, And finally at the very end he was like, go ahead, and that guy just out of nowhere and smash that window and then drunk them out.
Speaker 1: Why did you break my window? We only asked you for like one hundred and fifty times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've seen I've seen them drag people through the window out the door, literally through the opening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they went unlock the door.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, they've told you like twelve times that's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: What's gonna happen?
Speaker 1: That that's sort of got that one time they had to have ask that dude.
Speaker 3: And then they act like they didn't know what was coming right and what well.
Speaker 5: And then some of them, like they'll they'll they'll run the series and they'll go to court and they'll actually stand in front of the judge and say, I don't recognize.
Speaker 4: Your authority over me.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I don't consent to going to jail, Like I don't know where they think it's gonna get.
Speaker 1: I don't either, but I still went. I just want to. I mean I listened.
Speaker 3: Blow a hole in their entire logic. Okay, you go to Canada and you get in trouble there, guess what, You're going to go to jail there. Or you go to Mexico and you get in trouble, You're gonna go to jail there. It doesn't matter if you're a citizen or not.
Speaker 5: Well, and they also use their little little code phrases or like I'm not driving, I'm traveling. Oh yeah, I don't need a driver's license to traveling.
Speaker 6: Like where is that that would work? Where where there's one thing that I would actually work?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I know is if you made threes you for nineteen ninety nine for that, I'd want my money. If you took like a course online that told you this is what you could do and be okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm Joe Kramer here, and here's how you can get out of his ticket.
Speaker 4: Going to jail.
Speaker 5: Just say you don't consent at the.
Speaker 1: Very the very last page.
Speaker 6: It's like, if you get arrested, I will not be and you will get arrested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are my favorites. I love that and that stuff.
Speaker 6: It's like, just just give your you know, most times it's for nothing, like a speeding ticket or something like that.
Speaker 3: If you would have just shut your mouth said yes, sir, you would have been done in five minutes.
Speaker 6: You're never gonna win. Like, I don't know, how do you expect to win that battle? You're never gonna win.
Speaker 5: I assume you want to be on YouTube, right, I don't know why else you would do that. You're going on YouTube?
Speaker 3: Well, and then just by perpetuating the situation further and further, No, you're probably gonna risk losing your job any future job prospects. You know, just there's other ramifications that could happen now because of this.
Speaker 6: Maybe they just really wanted to get taste and they just didn't really have to together before.
Speaker 4: No, I have have you, Yes, it's after a while.
Speaker 1: After a wait a minute, what do you mean, after a hot are you getting tased?
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear a book of Matthew? By the way, Brooksy is making me a line of for a Book of Matthew. Here's another episode of Book of Matthew. So in high school in South Dkota, I like.
Speaker 5: That Disclaire in South Dakota because different things happen there.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 3: Well, they just got internet.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we were running water probably ten years ago. So we're in Rapid City for a basketball tournament and we get stuck in this blizzard. So in our hotel room, one of our one of the kids, grabbed a taser from the mall, stole it obviously, and he's like, guys want to get tased? Sure, we're dumb. We're high school kids.
Speaker 3: So nothing's changed, correct.
Speaker 4: So we're all like tasing each other and somebody got tased like between the legs. They didn't even a dick or anything, but got my ball. You're like maybe a foot away from it. But anyways, uh so we start tasing each other and after a while, just a sound that gets you and we're fine.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna say this to you right now that the mall taser that you stolen is probably not charge.
Speaker 5: Correct, it was.
Speaker 3: My brother was going to school for law enforcement in hibbing, and as part of the courses, you actually do get tased during the tactical portion of your schooling. Yeah, they have to hold you so you don't like fall and hurt yourself.
Speaker 5: I just like to keep control of my bodily functions. You know, I'm going to stay on the right side.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, I don't drink like I used to anymore in fear of getting tasted, keeping control of my.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, okay, yeah, I got you bodily, except.
Speaker 4: We're in your garage and just having a been a while. It has been a while for that. We should bring that back for the summer.
Speaker 6: And now I'm just like thinking, where does one steal a taser? At them all again?
Speaker 4: Gifts? Yeahs is probably to be honest, I don't really don't know. I didn't ask questions. I was like, all right.
Speaker 5: Based on what Bruce shared with us earlier about his current job situation, he is the most likely to get taste.
Speaker 1: I probably am. Yeah, dude, my boss be a video, but it's on the video. It's like, if you ever see anybody getting electrocuted, go ahead, and grab it, you know, a piece of wood, not anything that would be conducted through electricity, and go ahead and knock him off. You don't have to hit him in the face.
Speaker 3: And he's got like just a red spot, right it is, So you guys don't have the body hooks.
Speaker 5: That soot to save somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my brother works for Minnesota Power and when they go to shut off like large transforms, yeah you have to like body hook.
Speaker 1: We're not working with live electricity right now, so I know, yeah, when I was doing it was dead.
Speaker 6: When I was doing floor covering a long time ago, they told us the whole house had no power. So we're going and like we had to work with like this, this the carpet seam. We had to do that with all our generators. Well, I was putting in the at the very end, I was putting in the byfold doors and there was like this cord hanging down and it was like hit my face, and I kind of just went like that just to kind of get it behind me, and as I did, it made contact with.
Speaker 1: My face and and I just yelled.
Speaker 6: And back in the day, me and my buddy Jim, he was guy to floor cover with He's like ah, and he kind of yelled back because that's what.
Speaker 1: We would do.
Speaker 3: He sounded like eminem.
Speaker 1: And then I didn't say anything.
Speaker 6: And he comes walking up there and I'm like sitting on the floor, like laid down.
Speaker 1: He's like, you, all right, this house has power. It's not dead.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: You gotta watch cars to Oh yeah, they sing. Well if if you are a coil pack, you'll know. You won't be confused.
Speaker 4: You will know.
Speaker 3: You're going to tighten or remove the battery and you slip and hit both terminals together.
Speaker 4: Done that. She was that show?
Speaker 5: Remember only shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we only knew half of That's right. I've realized that.
Speaker 1: This is double fisting.
Speaker 7: TVs matter is scroll into.
Speaker 1: His paons, Scott's.
Speaker 7: Down on his business degrees. Dustin keeps the show rolling on with the bidgit anisode, talking spots and having funs. We take beer into shot bats, ripping.
Speaker 1: On each other. Yeah, beer belly spots is what we're called.
Speaker 7: The Sammy bras a spots.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good afternoon, good even, doesn't matter where you are, says beer Belly Sports compante from the Runway Lounge right here in I don't know south of them nary.
Speaker 3: Where's where's the runway lounge?
Speaker 4: Right here? Who? Oh yeah? Some old guy as I was.
Speaker 5: Like, I thought this was the tail drag or tavern.
Speaker 3: That's a good one too, all right, that one down Matt. Matt actually put something on Facebook? Was it last week? And it was like, oh, at the runway lounge? And some guys like I've never heard of that. Where's the runway lounge at.
Speaker 1: Matt's got start geting some stragglers here.
Speaker 5: Tell them a secret knock at two in the morning. I don't want that either. What's the password?
Speaker 4: Dogs are barking at something.
Speaker 1: See, that's that's our first customer.
Speaker 4: For it. We said, two am, yeah, two am, Yeah, it's only eight or six. Relax. Oh I bet I bet the other dogs downside?
Speaker 1: Oh the other dogs?
Speaker 3: Well Delaware, Bruce, what do you think of the new intro song?
Speaker 1: That was pretty good? I was here when I created it. Oh he did it off that app that I had? And who else do we have with us here today?
Speaker 3: So two Matt's immediate left is me, mister Scott Wilson. We got a uh an FNG. He's actually not FNG, it's Bruce. Bruce is back Finally, finally, Hey, how have you been Ben?
Speaker 1: Pretty goods?
Speaker 3: How's work going?
Speaker 1: It's going?
Speaker 3: And then we got our one of our favorite guests. He's the people's mayor. Also in order, it's the mayor of Amidge. Mister George Prince, welcome back.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you man. I get I get a welcome like this, I gotta come back more often. You're always welcome.
Speaker 1: I don't think the way that you did.
Speaker 5: I appreciate Bruce being here because it wasn't sure he was gonna make it.
Speaker 3: That was one of when Matt and I were talking about it. We're like, if we're forgetting George on, we got to make sure Bruce.
Speaker 1: I mean, I couldn't bring the Grinch suit. I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 3: You know I mean you guys were talking about going to phil Gailsia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right point to and uh we we obviously after that the storm, we did the Prey the Viking Show September, so not right after. But didn't you go to the Knobby Kettle for that?
Speaker 5: I did, and I made some predictions. It just didn't work what happened, But I think I was only off by two games. I said we'd win eleven and we won nine horribly off. It's not like the Lions did anything.
Speaker 6: I lost twenty bucks because I said J. J. McCarthy would throw over twenty five touchdown passes. That was wrong, way off, way off. I didn't stipulate injuries either, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he probably throw more interceptions anyway.
Speaker 1: Detroit fans, Uh.
Speaker 4: Should we do? You have sponsors?
Speaker 1: Real quick?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Today shows being Bob.
Speaker 1: Seventh Avenue Pizza before pizza became trendy.
Speaker 3: The Beautiful Knob and Kettle, which is quaintly nestled down between Lake George and Lake Itaska in Lake Alice. Check them out Thursdays for live music with Lois. Friday and Saturday get some of the best prime river around.
Speaker 4: Also being brought to by Home Choice right here in Bymigi. If you're looking for any electronics, or any furniture or even now tires, go to Home Choice right here in Bymiji. Yep, George lays like, really these new tires on that truck.
Speaker 3: I'm like tires at the at the home. That surprised me too, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have expected that broad of a selection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Home Choice right here Bymiji. Get hundas off when you use the promo code in store beer Belly sports totally right here Bmiji.
Speaker 1: Also brought to you by Soda Stick. Go to sodastick dot com, find the promo promo code and put in one word beer belly and get fifteen percent off on us.
Speaker 3: Also Paul Bunding Communications probably powering the Midge area with the gigazone for the last ten years already yeah and us for now two two.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Thanks missing at.
Speaker 5: Gig I love that.
Speaker 1: It was a good one.
Speaker 4: Awesome being brought to you by Irby and Gerbert's right here. But Bruce, it's still soup seas. You know that, right it is.
Speaker 1: It's always coming.
Speaker 4: In Atlanta's coming. They have the new lobster, the new lobster sandwich. I do go out there and go get it.
Speaker 1: Sore subjects for my friend is no, I.
Speaker 3: Think that wasn't Ash Wednesday last week.
Speaker 4: Yes it was, but they have a they're doing this, uh lobster lobster tail, not tail, but like lobster ish sandwich, and I really want to try it looks really really good.
Speaker 6: It must have been a really big hit one day because my buddy Joe went there and it was gone by the time we got there.
Speaker 1: He was sent me an angry anger text message and.
Speaker 5: Making a little lobster biss to your lobster fuck.
Speaker 4: That sounds really good.
Speaker 5: That's that's our nest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nascar line.
Speaker 5: He made a left turn, make another left.
Speaker 1: I hope, hope he does. If he takes a right, he's probably doing something wrong.
Speaker 4: He earned herd into the wall.
Speaker 1: Don't ever talk about the intimidator that way.
Speaker 4: Sorry, First, thanks Bobby Robert Duval.
Speaker 1: He didn't push you. He didn't Rubbins Racing rubbed you and Rubbins Racing.
Speaker 4: I just watched it. Thunder. Yeah, yeah, good movie.
Speaker 1: That movie. I hope they make a second one.
Speaker 3: You know what, it's twenty twenty six. We're getting reruns and remakes all the time nowadays.
Speaker 5: You know what, if they did a sequel, you could get Cruise, because Cruise looks the same as he did.
Speaker 4: Right, he's always running in every movie, he's running or on mort side.
Speaker 3: So he's actually got a contract stipulation that nobody can be running in the same scene as him.
Speaker 5: Why because it's short.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 3: Shorts.
Speaker 1: What would what would your contract stipulation be? Scott? You have to you know got one.
Speaker 3: I would have to think about that.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking for enough money, Scott, you don't have any stipula?
Speaker 1: Oh for me right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like you see some of those tiktoks or whatever going on. Would you slap your sibling for a million dollars? Yep, yep, sorry Downy's no regrets.
Speaker 1: Any of them. I would hit you in the face with a shuffle.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 5: Did you grow up in a different family, because I'm pretty sure I got slapped by mind for free?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: My brother, my older brother, would beat the piss out of me.
Speaker 4: We used to fist fight. My brother needs to like actual fist fights. And we have hulk gloves too, blindfold another book of Matthew story hulk gloves. Would we take out the voice boxes then we do blind full boxing again? You've told us George hasn't heard this?
Speaker 3: And are you doing kick flips in dad's living room?
Speaker 4: Was the son of a bitch he did it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Blind blind boxing, blindfle boxing?
Speaker 3: Do you really think your dad cares? Who did it? You were involved? You're guilty by association.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you have ever tried to make that a real thing. Blind boxing.
Speaker 5: How do you know it's not.
Speaker 4: I bet there's somewhere in the country.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what I watched the other day, but it was it was a video reel.
Speaker 6: And they were on ice with a football and there was nets, and I just didn't know what was going on, and I just I just kind of washed it away.
Speaker 5: I was like, they're not skating.
Speaker 6: No, they're not skating, but there's a there's a ball and it looks like it's trying to be football, but there's nets.
Speaker 1: And I just was like, I don't I don't even care to want to know.
Speaker 3: You guys must have just watched Jackass when you did blind boxing.
Speaker 4: We did our own Jackass stunts.
Speaker 5: Checks out on my own stunt man.
Speaker 4: We did, but yeah, no, blind for boxing was one of them where we we had take the voice box out. So Mitch and I and my brother and I were trying to We're trying to he has a film and I got him.
Speaker 3: With the left show title. I do my own stunt here.
Speaker 1: So what would think I think you would? I think it would be better if he had the little voice that because then you'd get a little we.
Speaker 5: Know those if you Oh, I got smoked but last Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, but I got Mitch one day boom got you see you see him falling like like backwards like in uh, Mike Tyson that like the first guy you guys fight, he just goes backwards. Yeah. So uh. The second day, Mitch had it all planned out, went to my dad's house video camera. All of our friends are around after school. So Mitch is sitting there, all right, let's do this, all right, blindfield goes on kind of waiting, and now everybody's talking, so now I can't really listen to yeah, and I'm trying to listen from Mitch takes off his blindfold yea and goes like winds up. Boom, Sucker punched me. I go just down, just giggles.
Speaker 1: Did the Blind Bloxing Association have any penalties for mention this?
Speaker 5: Just after that, I just see like this training montage with mister Miagi, trust thrust your senses.
Speaker 3: When you lose sight, you hear better.
Speaker 5: You can hear the flapping of a butterfly trying.
Speaker 4: To grab it.
Speaker 1: All the people talking.
Speaker 6: Got more like Yoda though with the Luke Skywalker when he's got the blindfold and he's like hitting with the lightsaber.
Speaker 1: Swing just.
Speaker 4: John Henderson Justin on our live he did say, how about them? Wild? Assume I assume wild talking talking about that, and then he also said, like I love the eighties glam rock intro. Well, thanks Justin, and he said, I think you should name you should have should have named the lounge the Pit of Despair.
Speaker 5: No, no, there's there's there's hope.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's what Matt tells himself.
Speaker 4: There's that. Did JJ even complete twenty five? Even have twenty five completions?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes he did justice.
Speaker 5: Why does everybody want to kill that point?
Speaker 1: Well he gave Then he gave himself his own nickname. Nine.
Speaker 3: He's living out blonde.
Speaker 5: You know, he's not German.
Speaker 1: That I don't that, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's nine nine.
Speaker 5: He's all not sacked me.
Speaker 3: His life anthem is the Blondie song heard of glass.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good one too.
Speaker 5: You will not intercept me?
Speaker 4: And then just you did you?
Speaker 1: What did you? You did intercept it? You bastard.
Speaker 4: Then Justin also said the last one I saw a report of Justin Rodgers who the Vikings in twenty.
Speaker 1: Justin Rogers, Aaron Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: There's no chance, very Matt. He was on Live two weeks ago with Travis because I had stuff going on so I couldn't come, but I jumped onto the Live and I was commenting on it. Matt butchered some of that stuff so bad as he's trying.
Speaker 5: To read it out.
Speaker 4: It was not fun. Yeh know.
Speaker 6: Jravis is like, what the fuck is wrong with Mike McCarthy went to Pittsford for a reason.
Speaker 5: I kind of like the idea of Justin Rodgers, Like it's Jean splicing Justin Jefferson, Aaron Rodgers. Wow, I got Justin Rogers. He catches and throws the same ball, just pay. Brad Johnson did that.
Speaker 4: He did he could do that.
Speaker 1: And again, my brother was at that game, which one where Brad Johnson cut his own pass.
Speaker 3: Who are they playing against the Bengals?
Speaker 2: Is he that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think it was a Bengals the Bungles, and you know what, you'd have someone with an average personality because they didn't even each other out.
Speaker 3: Bitch, why don't we jump into it here, don't you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: We gotta go, we gotta find our.
Speaker 4: There it is.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Billy Sports six packs got to you by Bryce Primo from Team Sirmac real Estate. Just like your favorite Minnesota. You need someone who knows how to close, five, sell, move, win with Bryce Primo and the Limagey area called two and eight seven six zero ninety seven eight nine or send an email to Premonition three sixty five at hotmail dot com.
Speaker 5: Oh, prepare yourselves.
Speaker 4: The boys are gonna talk about twinties gone no.
Speaker 3: Win Twins, break gone on a star, were gone no win Twins?
Speaker 5: What's that a home shot.
Speaker 3: Mannesota Twins? Just Matt's trying to get copyrighted.
Speaker 4: Ye, yeah, and do my best to trying to get copyrighted as each other. Production value has increased a lot. And I'll show you the video.
Speaker 1: Saying that in school in like second grade.
Speaker 4: That song if you're in the Twins territory.
Speaker 3: So spring training is here, pictures and catchers are there. We've even had a few spring training games already. Yeah, well, Matt, you got what six five weeks before you win or lose a bet here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's air out. I haven't played the shot bet sound or two just for ship Giggs because uh, because the mayors here.
Speaker 2: What's the best somebody's ego is about to get blown up.
Speaker 1: It's no time for another.
Speaker 4: All right, So this shot bet is Matt says, Joe Ryan will be traded by this off season aka April.
Speaker 3: So before opening Day, Joe Ryan is in a different uniform.
Speaker 1: Not gonna happen.
Speaker 5: You never know.
Speaker 3: Pablo's elbow's blown up. Now, maybe they trade Joe for a hall of prospects.
Speaker 5: How do you know the pole ads don't just shake the magic eight ball and trade him for the best. I mean, that's kind of how those guys make decisions.
Speaker 1: Should we trade Joe Ryan says, yes, that's question.
Speaker 5: Isn't likely somebody out there's got some pocket lint I'd like for him bag and used balls.
Speaker 4: I've been traded for a used bat, And this is the truth, really, yes, and a sack of balls and a sack of ball that is the mayor of That is the mayor of George print.
Speaker 5: I thought that's what you said I got Yeah, yeah, right, I thought you said I got traded for a bat of sack of balls used.
Speaker 1: Oh that doesn't make that It makes it worse. Well, you would actually make it worse, because yeah, all right, we'll just leave that one alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Twins what are they going to do now?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard of anybody in their bullpen.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I just I keep thinking of Ruys.
Speaker 1: Lewis went two for two of the game that I watched at home on run. I mean, we were winning. So I sent a text message, get your go go ahead and lock in your hotel rooms for October.
Speaker 6: The Twins are gonna make it. And then a few winnings later it was go ahead and cancel him.
Speaker 1: It's over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get that parade route right.
Speaker 1: Get the parade route ready.
Speaker 3: One of my that's other quick to get copyrighted events was when he clipped out Major League and super imposed Twins.
Speaker 4: Things that actually actually went pretty well.
Speaker 3: Had he suck again?
Speaker 5: Who are these guys?
Speaker 4: Who are these guys?
Speaker 5: Is that how that manager called me?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I got someone online too, bought some white walls brown.
Speaker 3: So Bruce and I have joked about this that the new manager's contract included grounds crew duties or it was like when the county sends a bid out for a job, right, Lois bidder wins.
Speaker 5: I can see him in that bus reading hyahwaka, it's a book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wesley Snipe said Charlie Sheton, what you got there? All right?
Speaker 5: They're swapping, you know, like twenty year old comic books in the back of a fifty year old buzz And I would not be surprised to see the Twins roll into a stadium and something like, well, hopefully it's like.
Speaker 6: A school bus, like a high school team just showed up, not even like the varsity, like the ninth grade one, where it's like the charter bus.
Speaker 1: Just a school bus pulling up.
Speaker 3: Hopefully they don't have a cardboard cutout of Tom Pollad.
Speaker 1: Hey they have. They have a business plan and they're sticking by their bits. Spend less money.
Speaker 5: So supposedly, when does their business plan spend more money?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They did the year before, they when they made the playoffs a couple of years ago. When they made the playoffs, they added a little bit of money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then they turned around and said, yeah, we lost this opening round. We're gonna slash payroll by thirty.
Speaker 1: No, they won the opening round. That's we finally won the playoff series, and then they slashed Yeah, that's what they just said, Like you said, they lost the opening round.
Speaker 3: No, but rumor has it that now that minority owner Craig Leopold, who is the majority owner of the Wild, Supposedly there's a clause in his portion of the ownership stake that he could eventually buy his way into being the twins owner. He spends money, he's not afraid to spend money.
Speaker 5: I think we need a rod Yeah, glor that's right. Get those two.
Speaker 1: Involved anything, anything but the pollouds the twin Yeah, there we go, right.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, if we get air out involved, maybe we can get the second like Zach Vien in Colorado. See that, well you sent it to us.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw Walker Jenkins get like a couple of hits. Though on spring training?
Speaker 3: Does he make the opening day ross?
Speaker 1: Probably not? Probably young?
Speaker 3: Or are they gonna pull off the whole year of control?
Speaker 5: Nonsh.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you don't even think that's the rule anymore. That they bollished, they might not still because baseball's what's it next year? I think they're basically work stoppage.
Speaker 3: Well, it sounds like pretty heavily that the ownership group wants or owners want to get some kind of cap system in place, as they should. Well, I fully agree with that too. But the players are like, no, we can't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody and la la.
Speaker 3: They spent was it last year on three or four guys one billion dollars? I can't, jesus ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I appreciate how hopeful you all are.
Speaker 4: Oh, how are you feeling.
Speaker 5: I'm feeling like the Twins are dead to me?
Speaker 3: Sixty five wins.
Speaker 4: Sixty five wins.
Speaker 5: M you know how many long suffering franchises can a guy support. There is a limit, you know. At some point, you know, hope just gets beat out of you.
Speaker 3: But you've lived in Minnesota long enough that you know that's what we cling to, is that hope. We're always just good enough but not quite good enough.
Speaker 5: Well, but it's like this, like in the Twins world from my point of view, like do you look at the championship teams that the Twins had. They built them all through the farm system. I don't think you can win baseball all that way anymore.
Speaker 3: No, you buy your roster.
Speaker 5: It's so if we're keeping, you know, this idea, we're gonna organically do this, that and the other and spend two bucks and trade some bucket litten, Nah, you're gonna be an also ran.
Speaker 6: It's I mean, and that was lucky. I mean, we had a very lucky do you get Pucket her back gagny, But.
Speaker 5: We didn't have a couple of trades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you filled out, you got like a Dan Gladden the bulk of it was.
Speaker 5: And then but the trade was like you go get a Jack Morris for a season.
Speaker 1: Right right, I mean I signed him.
Speaker 5: You had a core.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's the bulk of it was homegrown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think he could even even back in the day when you grew up, like you know, you trade a homegrown it through the organization. You didn't get him that fast, you know, like what was it like eighty four was like Pucket's first year and then they're winning a World Series three years later, like they normally don't like flourish altogether that fast.
Speaker 3: Well, but just to your point though, how many years were the Astros terrible and they had top picks for Pittsburgh years. It's still Pittsburgh, not Oakland anymore, but the Athletics Sacramento.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, maybe maybe if they sort this out with some kind of salary cap, maybe that helps out.
Speaker 3: At the minimum, maybe a floor, because when you got a playoff roster team with eighteen million dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean because they get all one hundred million dollars the revenue contracts come through for the TV. Every team at the beginning of the season gets a hundred million dollars and then some teams aren't even spending that.
Speaker 3: That should be the minimasters. That should be the minimum. You have to spend at least one hundred million on payroll. Hey, you're pulling shit over right, Yeah?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: So spring training? What are we looking forward to?
Speaker 4: Healthy?
Speaker 3: They got new alternate uniforms.
Speaker 4: Whoop they do Basel? What does it all mean?
Speaker 1: My Cubs signed somebody. That's what I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 5: I like this on That's what I'm looking.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: That would be I would love to go do that.
Speaker 6: I don't even care if it was Twins, but yeah, go there for like a couple of weeks, hang out, watch all the prospects.
Speaker 1: That would be.
Speaker 4: First did text that group, He's like, hey, man.
Speaker 1: Can you you gotta get big enough where like I could take a couple of weeks off of work, get paid, and then go watch spring training baseball. That would sweet.
Speaker 3: I saw that the Twins. I think spec February days, the Twins are doing a two dollars beer promo. Hell yeah, just to get butts in the seats.
Speaker 1: Good to like during the regular season or just in the spring training.
Speaker 3: No regular season, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 4: Bruce seeing the show of Brockmeyer, yeah some of it, Okay, I want you to watch all it's it reminds me how you if you ever freak out.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be that bad that level.
Speaker 4: But some days I feel like.
Speaker 1: He's like he used to be, like a major league broadcaster.
Speaker 6: He gets divorced or something like that, and then he just blows up on the microphone. So then he gets moved down to like this Triple A team where he's the announcer.
Speaker 1: Not that it's like whatever.
Speaker 5: See in order to freak out, you gotta care that much. And the Twins have just man make me apathetic.
Speaker 4: We you win, you lose.
Speaker 3: That don't So we had Twins TV last year. It just got to a point where it's like, well.
Speaker 4: When I had to switch my car and I was like, I don't care.
Speaker 5: I'd like to blindfold box a couple of title You got your you got your hull Hands somewhere we.
Speaker 1: Can find them. Guarantee they're still on the internet.
Speaker 5: Probably do that one.
Speaker 6: Hold on, does George keep the plastic box in? Is he fighting dirty?
Speaker 1: I would be I would pay money to watch that, but I mean not to the pole Lads have to go to a charity.
Speaker 4: In the name of.
Speaker 5: Charity, the twins are the Pole Lad charity.
Speaker 6: She's not right, Yeah, okay, hey, we're not good at real estate deals anymore. That's I mean, they're the one franchise really that. It's not like a billionaire playboy. That's just me trying to make up. Like I mean, there's a few of the movius like Pittsburgh, but most of them are billionaires, made their money doing other things and have a baseball team to go to the rather billionaire friends or a multi millionaire friends.
Speaker 1: You are, I I got a baseball team. Ours is draining money. We owe what four hundred million and four in a quarter? Yeah, see that's it right, we owe money on our team. That's sad. That's most focused and sad. This is depressing me. I don't want to talk without the ends anymore.
Speaker 5: And brow that money?
Speaker 4: What the boy kept around the corner?
Speaker 6: What do you think the interest rate on that return has They're gonna, they're gonna they're gonna send somebody down there and start breaking legs.
Speaker 4: Next next period.
Speaker 3: Oh us, forty six years later, we did it. Hey, we actually got to watch a championship team win that we were rooting for.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, not for Minnesota, Minnesota the team, but the people were well, yeah, there's many Minnesotans that have held championship trophies.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: So Canada definitely controlled the pace and the time of possession with that game.
Speaker 1: But second period for sciod.
Speaker 3: Hella Buck deserves so many stat chants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, the one where the one where he saved it with a stick behind him.
Speaker 4: Well, and then I thought he missed the guy missed it.
Speaker 3: After the game, Nathan McKinnon, We were the better team out there today. He missed the Netuh, Devin Taves, that's the stick saved. How many open nets did they miss? How many they couldn't score on a five on three for over a minute and a half, You guys pissed away a lot of golden opportunities.
Speaker 6: You look at it the other end, I mean, Matthew kud Chuck had the puck in front of him, and Bennington was beat and he hid his own skate. Faber hits two posts, so it's not like they just missed opportunities and we capitalized on the two that we had, but we had just as many they The second period was but.
Speaker 3: It was Minnesota. The US couldn't They couldn't get a sustained possession. They would get a shot and it would go the other way. They never got any like real sustained offensive pressure until.
Speaker 1: Well the first part of the game. It was like, oh, this is awesome.
Speaker 3: And then Boldie's goal a little flipped to him. Oh dude, that was awesome. I was like watching my kid play NHL on Xbox.
Speaker 1: I can't even do that on there.
Speaker 5: Some of this was somewhat predictable, though, because you knew Canada was gonna get shots on goal. Oh yeah, you knew that was gonna happen, and you knew Connor was gonna have to play out of his mind for us to be in there. Well now he found another level that it's three beyond out of your mind.
Speaker 3: What kind of ironic that he plays in Canada too?
Speaker 6: But I mean, yeah, we lost him went overtime in the Four Nations right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So we beat him in the Semis Four Nations, lost in overtime. Connor mcjesus scored in overtime to win the Four Nations for Canada, and then going into this game, I'm surprised you haven't heard more of Well, Sid Crosby was out hurt, expecting that at this point in his career, he's almost forty, he's our age. He's not the game changer that he was five ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Was it the twenty ten where they beat us? Yeah? Yeah, that one broke my heart.
Speaker 6: So I was like Hallibuck, you know, I was talking to my buddy, Hallibuck's finishing what Ryan Miller couldn't in the twenty ten because I thought because we beat them and the other round the group player or whatever, we beat them then and then we.
Speaker 1: Lost in the the gold medal game. But the mean did like Rinsky out battling for that puck, like he had to tap it, you had to go skate down, he had to body up. What was that was that? McDavid or McKinnon, Uh, McDavid and and and then David wasn't back checking hard or not. Yeah, and then.
Speaker 6: He makes the pass over to Jack Hughes and the guy that gets busted up. You know, that's the way spitting chicklets comes out there and gets gets the game winning goal.
Speaker 3: And that just proves why hockey is the greatest sport. Yea, Lebron would have been out for six weeks with that one.
Speaker 6: What's not ruin good hockey? Talk with nonsense? Man, I do enjoy a decent basketball.
Speaker 4: Remember Aiden's all time favorite. Aiden will say that Lebron is better than Michael.
Speaker 3: What Anthony Davis had his fingernail peeled back and he's out the whole season.
Speaker 6: Christ But that was just what I mean, unbelievable game to watch. I'm glad it wasn't a blowout either way. I thought obviously I didn't want Canada blow us out, but I mean, even if we would have blown him out, I didn't want I mean, it would have been boring. That's when sports is at its best. One to one and then I was telling my buddies. I was like, we don't want this to go to overtime. We don't want this to go to overtime. You don't want McKinnon, mccar and McDavid on the line. He scores and I go, it's exactly what we wanted.
Speaker 5: How often do you see a star player play probably the best game of their entire career on the biggest stage. I mean, that just doesn't happen. No, yeah, I mean that just doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Every day, not all the time.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's just.
Speaker 3: I did think it was super cool how they brought Johnny Gudros kids out after ye good move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just I was like, no, we don't want to, you know, because it's like that that sounds scary as hell. McKinnon, McDavid and mccar oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it just goes to show that hockey is a game of inches and all it takes is one shot.
Speaker 6: I mean if Quinn Hughes, you know, the game against Sweden, you got that game winner, we're probably not even there right.
Speaker 3: Well, no, you wouldn't have been.
Speaker 1: Somebody else could have got the goal, but you know Quinnesota did.
Speaker 3: As he waved off.
Speaker 1: How drunk were those guys on camera? I can't believe they let him on camera.
Speaker 3: Later, we won't go into that time.
Speaker 1: I just want to think our troops just love you drunk up there. It was awesome.
Speaker 5: Sports has these stories, all right, where if you played this game ten times, oh yeah, nine out of ten times it goes one way.
Speaker 1: But not today. That was awesome.
Speaker 3: Moving on, Moving on, all right, George, what what are your vikings gonna do with JJ? Are they gonna keep nine?
Speaker 5: I am not as down on JJ as everyone else is, and I find it ironic because we're criticizing ourselves for letting a reclamation project go before we actually check our own all the way out. So they can become someone else's reclamation project. Well, so they can play the guy this year. You see what you got. If it gets better, you got something, and if not, you know what it is.
Speaker 3: I think Kaos is definitely coaching for his job this year. But JJ should get a little bit of grace because this was effectively his rookie season. You knew there was gonna be bumps in the road and some girling pains and stuff like that. But there was definitely some moments where it's like, all right, he's got something going on here, and then there was other moments it's like, what the hell are you doing?
Speaker 1: Chaos didn't want he didn't want to start JJ McCarthy, and that's why Kaciudoflamens is gone. He wanted to go with Donald or he wanted and then when they said we're not gonna pay the money to Donald because we've got the rookie, then he wanted Aaron Rodgers for ten million.
Speaker 6: Bucks, which we totally could have afforded. And then when he went the other way. That's why you see these struggle. I bet if koc I think there's a little bit of him is like, you want this all right, Let's see what my offense can do with this rookie, and I don't think he's ready yet. And that's why you see these long and then especially with Max Brozmer, Oh my god, just.
Speaker 1: When you thought it couldn't get right, he's seven yards negative. Well then left, Yeah, that was that was You got to be a head coach and say you can't go back out there. I mean, all the kudos in the world of Carson Wentz he gained a lot more of my respect. Like he's just winging it out there, like he's crying on the field, and then you see him going walking back out there, it's like koc d pull him. I know what's Brosmann, But you just got to hand the ball off the rest of the game. You can't let that kid go out. Well, he's probably about as old as I am.
Speaker 5: You know, It's interesting and nobody talks about him like he's just gone.
Speaker 3: Carson.
Speaker 1: I thought he did really well, and I.
Speaker 5: Thought when we start talking about like who would you bring back and who's going to compete with JJ, and I'm like, he's.
Speaker 4: Never discussed at all.
Speaker 5: It's like he's doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 3: Because so he had season ending shoulder surgery. So I wonder how long now he would be four months?
Speaker 1: I bet six months for that.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I just find it interesting that he's not talked about at all, like he's just dead and gone. And then I'm not stumping for him.
Speaker 3: I'm just right, they're just letting that part of Vikings history.
Speaker 1: And forty five yards a game throwing. I mean we went three and three in his six starts or something like that.
Speaker 5: I I can tell you is like watching JJ play. There's things to like. The biggest thing that concerns me with him is he seems to throw a flat ball, like he has way too many balls knocked down right at the line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's trying to throw a pistons.
Speaker 5: Everybody relax You're like, if he can figure that out, but if he can't, if that's what it is, then you know you got what you got, but you need him to play another seventeen games see what you got, and if he doesn't make it through seventeen games, you kind of know.
Speaker 3: There There is a rumor trade proposal going around.
Speaker 1: Burrow one.
Speaker 3: So the proposal is because he may be a cap casualty anyways, Jonathan Grenard a first round pick in JJ McCarthy for Joe Burrow.
Speaker 5: If the Bengals did that, I would laugh at them, but.
Speaker 4: I would take that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but there's no way they're doing well.
Speaker 4: They're running the same problems. Burrow can't stay healthy at all. He has a shitty old line. Weird Vikings have the same problem.
Speaker 3: Well, so there's there's the other side of that though too. If Minnesota had signed Darnold, they wouldn't have been able to use that thirty to thirty five or whatever they signed him for to attempt to fix the offensive line and some of these defensive pieces that they got they wouldn't have had that money for.
Speaker 5: But we wouldn't have been any worse off because the play from those guys was a.
Speaker 3: Well, one of them was hurt half the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Hardgrave. I mean the Vikings are trying to trade him right now.
Speaker 5: They're not gonna trade what are you gonna get for him? Sixth? Everybody knows he's getting cut.
Speaker 6: Everybody knows he's getting cut. So it's like, you want to get out in front of it. All right, I'll trade you like a sixth. That's the best you're gonna get for him, which fine, I guess.
Speaker 5: I think that the deeper discussion here is who do the Vikings get to go with JJ.
Speaker 3: To compete against him.
Speaker 1: There's somebody Wilson.
Speaker 3: The floated name is a reunion Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll I'll take Zach Wilson.
Speaker 5: We need Kirk back for a song and a dance because he's somebody well, so he already knows the system.
Speaker 3: Him and KOC get along very well. And if he knows that he's not guaranteed starter, but he has the potential opportunity, let me be your hero.
Speaker 1: There's no way it's gonna be. He's just he's gonna sign with the Steelers because that's why.
Speaker 3: They the prophecy. Matt's trying to fulfill the prophecies.
Speaker 5: Let me be he I think that, you know, the Vikings will be back in the mix again. Just don't know how it's gonna.
Speaker 3: Show, or they take one more year than they draft.
Speaker 6: Arching said that he would restructure so they can restructure that money. JJ will probably restructure because it's just more guaranteed. Money moves some money.
Speaker 5: Addison get traded at some point, Yes, yes, please, yes, a free agent. He was a life like one.
Speaker 6: Say hey, he couldpregnate four ladies in one year and not one of them is his wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something to be said about that.
Speaker 4: Justin said, I think Shane Falco is available.
Speaker 1: I'll take Shane for sure. I'd take Shane Falco. I mean beat out that old prick. You know, Hey, is.
Speaker 5: Philip Rivers available?
Speaker 1: He's not going to be a coach. He's not going to be a coach. He turned down.
Speaker 6: Well, he said he wouldn't take a second interview. But Quaysey is now going back to he must have dropped the uh the lawsuit against the Vikings.
Speaker 1: He's going to work with San Francisco.
Speaker 3: For a title to be determined.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw personnel executive.
Speaker 5: I thought that was funny because they hired him to do the one thing he wasn't good at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, right, I have there's.
Speaker 3: No rumors going around that ko c us p f Fray, Yeah, sorry to do his drafting and the.
Speaker 6: Reason they even drafted Addison as Koc like pounded his fist on the table because he kept trading back, Like, you know, the year prior when we could have Kyle Hamilton, he traded back to get Lewis scene tense snaps, scene ten snap thought, well there was there was that preseason game where he had like twenty two. Matt and I were static over that one. But he but he pounded his fist on the table. He's like, just draft him instead to keep trading back for all this, you know, it's like, what do we have Rick Spielman here? We at least Rix Spielman would pull off a diamond pick.
Speaker 1: Every now, well, his first round pick was justin Jefferson's.
Speaker 3: There's a stat going around that in the three or four years that we had Quasi as GM, none of his draft picks made it to the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: That sounds good, God, should Sanders just made it to the cock Damn.
Speaker 3: Falco.
Speaker 1: Honestly, shoulder Sanders numbers, JJ had better numbers.
Speaker 5: We shouldn't even be.
Speaker 3: That's like Tylerunley making it a few years ago to as an injury sub in for playing two games. Yeah, but he pro bowls a joke. Now it doesn't even count.
Speaker 6: And then leading more to that like trade than you were talking about Scott Is. A lot of the rumors are is we're not getting a new gm is because we're trading our first round pick. And that's why Rob Razinski's gonna stay on there and do the money management for salary cap.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a woman in your room. Yeah, but who would you trade.
Speaker 1: For the Burrow trade? But I don't think. I don't. I don't think Cincinnati is doing that and I'm not. I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't want mac Jones. I'll stick with I'll stick with JJ and have the same performance instead of bringing Mac Jones in. I I mean, Daniel Jones is a free agency have to trade for him.
Speaker 3: I think you need to come into the season going JJ. You have to earn this. This is not your job to lose. This is your job to win.
Speaker 5: But you didn't.
Speaker 3: You didn't give us enough last year to say the keys are yours?
Speaker 1: Right, But you gotta you gotta with some competition up against it, and obviously.
Speaker 3: No, I think Bro will be gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's Hey, Max was inspiring to me.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: Because I'm like, if he can play quarterback in the NFL, I could play quarterback.
Speaker 4: It's like it's a option.
Speaker 1: And I know Urban Minor was a great college head coach, but the fourteen games he spent in Jacksonville and he still got paid for four or five years. Damn it. I want that job. I could get fired in fourteen games. I can kick a kicker.
Speaker 5: He enjoyed.
Speaker 3: He enjoyed himself in the strip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't. You just can't be in South Florida. I won't win him.
Speaker 6: I don't think he said that at all. I think he just wanted to get fired. I swear to God by his coaching performance in Jacksonville. He's like, you guys, don't give me that much money.
Speaker 5: All right, you know you just brought up you just brought up Jacksonville. Right, And there's a I got a new guy that I'm working with who in my private work, not out at the city, who has told people, well he's related to Troy Williamson. No, I don't know if this is true because I haven't verified it, but I'm like, dang, Like if I was related to Troy, I'm not so sure i'd tell you any way, I.
Speaker 3: Actually had a Williamson jersey.
Speaker 5: But here's where I'm going with it. You know, Troy's last stop was in Jacksonville, and that's where he infamously called out Chili and wanted a fistfight him at the fifty yard line because he was so ticked off. So your little Jacksonville story prompted me to remember that Troy called out chili.
Speaker 3: Jacksonville actually had some that would have.
Speaker 1: Been a sick fight a sixty year old. Yeah, oh yeah, But Troy Williamson famously, oh my helmet's too big. Well we're a different helmet.
Speaker 6: If you can't see the goddamn football or you know, blind boxing.
Speaker 5: He went to the eye doctor, remember, to get a hand eye coordinated.
Speaker 3: He was fast, you guys know, did you guys know that Jacksonville actually had some but state ties?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Because yeah, not this year.
Speaker 1: You got fired though when when they started doing good.
Speaker 5: He was Remember he's the one who butted heads with Harbaugh and San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, I don't think do you think you did it like a spider Man?
Speaker 5: Well, anyways, it's never too late for a celebrity blindfold boxing between Troy Williamson and Chili.
Speaker 1: Oh, make sure that Chili's hot.
Speaker 4: Chi.
Speaker 6: I would you know what, as much as this pains me because I was never a big Childress fan, I'd be rooting for him.
Speaker 1: I would be rooting for him. It still pisses me off that we you know, I mean, I wish we would have made it to the Super Bowl. But then the next year, when Tomlin is getting interviewed by Pittsburgh, I'm like, oh, he's only defensive coordinator one year, they're not going to hire him. They hire him, children gets fired in the middle of the next season, and then we got Leslie Frazier's the head coaches and of Mike tom.
Speaker 5: But you're forgetting We've done this before, all right, Tony Dungeye.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, remember him, Brian Billick, We've done this a few TuS.
Speaker 3: We got the glory years with Mike Tyst.
Speaker 1: Though yeah, hey, honestly, though Bill Belichicke, Bill.
Speaker 5: Belichick had a Super Bowl tickets.
Speaker 1: Remember I have him.
Speaker 6: Every year Brian Brian Belichick Bill sorry stole the stole the pencil idea from Mike tyst He played against the Vikings of one year. He used to always have a marker. Saw Mike Tyst over there with the pencil. What happened He switched to the pencil.
Speaker 5: Oh, there's a good one for you. Is Belichick ever going to make it back to the NFL to beat Shula? See, I don't think he is either.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's going to survive North Carolina.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's gonna survive his girlfriend.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: A trap.
Speaker 6: She's out on those She's out there running the like the practices and stuff like.
Speaker 3: That, and he's she's got her own office.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know you want to be out there and what do you want to watch?
Speaker 5: Lawyer?
Speaker 1: Well them or the practice?
Speaker 5: So I really don't know how to feel, because I actually sort of felt sad for him when he didn't make the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: When you're a pricky yeah.
Speaker 5: The writers and the writers are the people that vote you in. It was Have you walked through the Hall of Fame and identify the nice guys versus the.
Speaker 1: I mean, Barry Bonds isn't in the Hall of Fame, so that should be but steroids, but.
Speaker 3: They just need a whole section of the Hall for the steroid.
Speaker 5: There was the there was.
Speaker 1: The there was the GM of Indianapolis.
Speaker 6: I forget his last name, bad no, no, no, no, it was but there was like a GM and I forget his name, but it's like, I don't know. He was the one championing to make sure that the writers don't put.
Speaker 5: Him in the former Buffalo Bills G yes too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't remember. He's the famous as hell and I can't remember. And but he was championing for them to not because of the the flate gate, the videotaping and all that other stuff. So he was saying this to the writers, don't don't vote him in first like first ballot Hall of Famer because he did all this stuff well.
Speaker 3: And then it's okay. So does it go to show that it was Brady that won all those titles or was it Bilichick that won all those times?
Speaker 5: So if somebody had to draft Brady and develop him too.
Speaker 6: Right, and he should have never started because Drew Bledsoe was there and you shouldn't lose your job over injury, and the Patriots don't even make Patriots don't even make it to that first Super Bowl because Brady gets hurt and they were losing Bledsoe steps back in beats the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 1: He should have been starting the super Bowl. No, that was my guy. I was kind of just had a little disdain for Tom Brady.
Speaker 5: I'm just I just keep feeling that you're a shot at all that he's gonna get back in.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 3: I think the game has passed him by at this point.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, So you look at what Kevin O'Connell's with thirty eight. I think they just heard somebody that's like thirty four as a head coach. I mean, Pete Carroll was like seventy four and then he got run out after a year. And he's pretty high energy, you know.
Speaker 9: For.
Speaker 3: You know, he's pretty young at heart.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you know, I just I just I think everybody their new trend is we're going younger.
Speaker 5: Well Bill checks on that trend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, just good for him, you know, I mean, yeah, good for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, must be nice.
Speaker 6: What do you what do you think they talk about, like what we could do? You think he's listening to the new, the new music.
Speaker 1: That's out there. She listening to uh Conway, Yeah, Roy Orbison. He's hoping he's tight fitting jeans, all right. She loves to lay it down.
Speaker 5: Be careful, Matt and Bill might call in your in your and start taking offense.
Speaker 4: One guy from New York do that to me? Yeah, pissed at me?
Speaker 1: I would I would have voted for him. If I was a writer, I had have voted for him. I mean every I.
Speaker 5: Just don't know how. I mean, if if that guy doesn't get in on the first ballot, right then who really does deserve this?
Speaker 1: Do you think about it?
Speaker 6: He like el He's the one that made the dime defense against the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: He's the one that came up with that.
Speaker 5: I mean his his defensive plan for the Giants against the Bills is in the Hall of Fame. Yeah, and then his plan is in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: He got the Browns into the playoffs, him and Nick Saban before they got sold to the Ravens or Baltimore.
Speaker 5: So I don't have to like him to respect him, you know.
Speaker 3: Super fan Justin has a suggestion about the Pro Bowl. Move it to Week eight and pull the baseball All Star Game model winning division or winning conference gets home field in the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I justod they're not going to play. I don't know, They're just not going to play. It's I want the basketball thing kind of worked where they went the USA Stars had two teams and then there was the World Team. Actually played hard and it was a twelve minute game that was actually decent to watch.
Speaker 4: I didn't even watch any All Star games.
Speaker 6: I think it's I mean, I still like the three point shoot out, the dunk contest because none of the Stars do it's absolutely atrocious.
Speaker 1: But even if they did put it in week I just liked. I just want to see the the the competitions. You don't like throwing the football and like hit skills stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, quarterback club days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: If you get skills stuff, but if you're going to get him to play, like, you got to make it worth everybody's a while. There right to be something that's worth winning.
Speaker 1: Why was it? Why was it like at least watchable in like the late nineties.
Speaker 3: Because they gave a damn and they were.
Speaker 4: We also did have like the stuff that we do now compared to back then, like the streaming services and other things.
Speaker 1: I don't know, why does that have to do with them.
Speaker 5: I think some of those players just got chippy when they're in that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, well they wanted to Taylor, he knocked out Brian Mormon.
Speaker 3: Harrison Smith actually went hard. Yeah, but now guys are you know? They're so worriedried about getting hurt and how it could impact that. That's why a lot of them don't want to do it. And then they moved it from before or from after the super Bowl until to before the super Bowl. So anybody that's playing in the Super Bowl is automatically subbed out.
Speaker 5: And that's how you get a Browns quarterback.
Speaker 1: They both made the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 4: What moving on?
Speaker 1: Moving all right?
Speaker 4: It's coming to find the button for it.
Speaker 3: The madness is coming, Yeah, he said the button can't find our button bar producers not.
Speaker 5: You don't have macho man on a button like you should.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He is a huge wrestling fan. To you would think that that would be right there. But what was that last one?
Speaker 1: You went cream?
Speaker 5: I don't think you Okay, all right, isn't it them?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Crap?
Speaker 3: But March Madness is coming back, and we've got another iteration of our best of series coming back this year. We haven't decided yet what the final topic is going to be. It's down to two choices right now.
Speaker 4: We're gonnat the fans aside, but that could also be very.
Speaker 1: Choice.
Speaker 3: Our choices right now are best beer belly sports show titles or the best sports logos sports logo. So well, we got a couple of weeks here to do.
Speaker 1: What did we do the first The first year we did.
Speaker 3: Last year was TV show Characters.
Speaker 4: You hated that one. The year Jennifer Anison beat out George Castands.
Speaker 1: That's stupid. Child, doesn't deserve to win. Yeah, but she didn't.
Speaker 3: My guy did the year before that was man stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, okay, man, I could remember it was the year before.
Speaker 3: So that those are the two years I've been involved. I don't know what we.
Speaker 4: Did video games in the past, and I think that's really about it.
Speaker 5: So when you say logos, any logos are professional.
Speaker 3: So it would be like the four major leagues.
Speaker 4: Okay, because you know there's a lot of cool logos in the Yeah, the minor leagues exact like the isotopes. Well, technically A and the minor league baseball do get paid.
Speaker 3: They all get paid. Dumb ass, this professional, they're all professional.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we count minor league baseball.
Speaker 5: Then, but you could how would you? What about NASCAR? Are they in there.
Speaker 1: Stirring the pot over here, Georgia, there's nothing about logos over that.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, I won't do that because then I'll end up like Team USA what winning gold poured over the coals for saying if we do four, then we got to do everyone else. And we don't want to get political here.
Speaker 1: No, we don't do that.
Speaker 4: We don't do that here. All right, So yeah, that's kind of what we're thinking about right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you think Rachel Green Jennifer Aniston should have beat George Costanza.
Speaker 5: For what.
Speaker 1: Character?
Speaker 5: Rachel was kind of boring?
Speaker 1: Thank you for the love of God.
Speaker 4: That for one reason.
Speaker 3: That's only one reason sure Matt chose was Yeah, Bruce is like, that's why she moved on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 6: The only reason a character alone doesn't there's no way she holds up.
Speaker 5: I mean, remember when George Stanza is getting the apartment and he tells the tales of Costanzo.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 5: I mean right, like, that's that's the essence of.
Speaker 1: George Costanza's I just saw this video.
Speaker 6: He's laying on Jerry's floor and he's like, that's why you can't beat my man adread vandale industry.
Speaker 5: It's funny you bring that up because I was just flipping through the channels the other night and the last episode of Seinfeld was on when the judge's name was Vandal.
Speaker 6: I forgot about that. Yeah, so I don't that one. I was like, this is dumb, this is rigged, stupid hatedness. Well, my my guy, Walter White didn't eventually win, so it brought me back.
Speaker 4: All right, so we're gonna take quick break with we come back.
Speaker 3: We got misk I gotta do the wheel fall right.
Speaker 5: I forgot.
Speaker 4: I totally missed that.
Speaker 5: Can you not read?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't read, and he's the one that wrote it.
Speaker 3: I did, Matt in a sixth grade reading level.
Speaker 5: Wow, there is organization to this. Look at that for this reason.
Speaker 3: And then Matt broke it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my ex girlfriend was right about that thing. You know what I do know where I can shove it.
Speaker 1: The worst pain I have ever felt in my life.
Speaker 4: So what's the worst pain you ever felt in your life. By the way, these are new ones from.
Speaker 3: Brooksy probably when I broke my collarbone.
Speaker 4: Oh doude detail like what you do football?
Speaker 3: Okay, No, I got I got hit and I got up and I'm like, I can't feel like I knew something was wrong and you know how you can feel like the Yeah, it was like, yeah, I can't feel anything right there.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I think my worst one was in Brookings.
Speaker 1: It was even a temperature.
Speaker 4: And it was snowing. Come back on a kickoff return.
Speaker 3: And that's when what's her face dumped him on Valentine's No.
Speaker 4: No, I'm surprised guys not bring that up at all.
Speaker 3: And we're not always asshole maybe not.
Speaker 4: Them, but you, But no. I I turned around for a kickoff return, my hands got stuck in someone's face mask and uh they're yeah, they.
Speaker 3: That's why my pinkies crooked got wrapped up in somebody's jersey.
Speaker 4: Right in the hell. I was God and also tore my pcl.
Speaker 3: And all three of my broken bones are from football as.
Speaker 4: Far as I'm breaking the bones now. Mitch, on the other hand, has two of them my fault, but.
Speaker 3: Quit two and flips and if he drinks.
Speaker 1: Does he does his own stunts? He said it earlier. Don't tell the.
Speaker 3: Man what to do, Bruce, what's your most pain?
Speaker 1: For ninety eight Vikings? That's I mean, I broke in like my thumb and yeah, that's that's it. That's on. I accidentally smacked myself in the nuts yesterday and that's still ninety eight vikings.
Speaker 4: Still that's a good one too.
Speaker 1: No, no it was not. It did not feel good.
Speaker 3: Than ninety eight Vikings and spec George, what about you.
Speaker 5: I don't really think about that because, like, I've had my fair share of adventures, but I typically like get upset when I get hurt and I get angry.
Speaker 1: Right, you stub your toe and.
Speaker 5: Like I'm I trying to shake it off your pinky toe. I'm not like, oh I'm in pain. I'm like, I'm pissed off and it hurts. So in Bruce's van, it's not the Philly trip, No it's not. But but actually, after giving this little thought, I was in a pretty bad car accident. I've been a couple of them, and I had one where you know, I totaled the car and the air bag went off and it knocked me out and for two weeks, like every part of me hurt, like it was wow, it was yeah, you know like it it took me like six months to get okay driving again, just simply because I'd flinch because I could still remember how bad everything hurt for two weeks. And so you're just that extra cautiousness.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: So that's probably there. That's probably like the worst I can come up with. I mean, I haven't broken any bones. I've tore up my ankle, and I've tore up my knee, but I've not broken any bones thus far.
Speaker 3: Ooh that's another one. When I blew up my knee you.
Speaker 4: Know, oh on softball. Yeah, that was not fun to watch.
Speaker 5: So that's best I got, man.
Speaker 1: And when I rolled my car, I'll still take the ninety eight Vikings rolled my car, knocked myself up because I wasn't wearing a seat out, Still take that, all right.
Speaker 4: So let's let's quick break women come back. We got misconnections and we have uh oh, we got a bunch of other stuff we got to get into as well too, because we just we just need more stuff. It's just misconnections. News are the weird anything else we can think of.
Speaker 3: I could regurgitate some Wiskipedia.
Speaker 4: Bruise or the mayor and the Wiskipedia in the box.
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, last time, last two times, I haven't.
Speaker 4: Done very well. Well, you just gotta get one. That's all matters. You just gotta get one that's all matters. All right, back a little bit. You were listening to beer Bellies Birds.
Speaker 5: One more time.
Speaker 4: You're listening to it the beer Belly Sports there, don't know they continue to be in the semi probe the sports doc world.
Speaker 3: Hey Brews, why.
Speaker 4: Are you loading a recliner ATV and a fridge into your truck?
Speaker 1: Because I just saved one hundred bucks at home choice in Bomigie, use the promo code BBS as in Beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 4: Hold up, you actually use a promo code.
Speaker 1: Heck yeah, mention beer Belly Sports in store and boom a hundred bucks off your items.
Speaker 4: I'm heading there right now. Do they sell cagarraiders?
Speaker 1: Oh, they've got everything, furniture, appliances, electronics, you name it.
Speaker 3: Head to home choice in Bomigie today, use promo code BBS or Beer Belly Sports in store to get one hundred dollars off, you're.
Speaker 2: Just gathering legendary with Rbert and Gerbert's catering. Why settle for the ordinary when you can have extraordinary SUPs and sides this holiday season. Take the worry out of your meal planning with Erbert and Gerbert's Colossus boxes, giant soups, creamy mac and cheese and sides. It'll make everybody mm smiley. Big groups, small groups, hungry groups. Take catered to the ball. Unwrap the flavor with Erbert and Gibbert this season and call it in or order online to make your holiday extra delicious. Herbert and Gerbert's on the corner of fifteen ped Bag Avenue.
Speaker 8: This is Lois from the Nob and Kettle Restaurant and Lounge, where we serve our smoked prime rib Wednesday through Saturday night along with our maid from scratch soups and desserts. Come enjoy one of our delicious appetizers like our smoke and poppers or our Walleye bites dipped in our own housemaid batter and served with our signature tartar sauce. On Thursday evenings, you can enjoy live music with Lois. Two miles east of I Taska State Park on Highway seventy one. We're open noon to nine Wednesday through Saturday, and we're ready to serve you. The Knob and Kettle Restaurant your prime destination.
Speaker 10: People need to be entertained, They need the distraction. I wish to God that somebody would do something to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream over and over. Why do they come to me to die? Why do they come to me to die?
Speaker 9: Okay, at Bob on your communications, you're more than a custom You're a member of our local broadband cooperative, and as a cooperative.
Speaker 11: We invest right back into the communities we call home, building better broadband, supporting local projects and organizations, and working every day to make our region a better place to live and work. We're proud to deliver world class connectivity across Northern Minnesota because strong communities grow from strong connections. We're Paul Bunyan Communications powered by the gigazone, So.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna wing it.
Speaker 5: There's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now, let's see what happens so that.
Speaker 4: We Rebelly Sports Podcast.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of Minnesota sports, Do you need some Minnesota gear? If those are both a yes, go to sodastick dot com to get your original Minnesota inspired goods. If you haven't seen this stuff yet, you gotta check it out. One of my favorites design is the Minnesota Moon by Randy Moss or the John Randall Hatton I'm actually wearing right now. All of their are Paie is designed and screenprinted here in Soda on super soft, super comfy shirts and hoodies. You'll love it. We're going to hook you up with fifteen percent off your next order. Use the promo code beer Belly one word for fifteen percent off. That is a sodastick dot com designed by Minnesotans for Minnesotans. Code beer Belly for fifteen percent off your next order.
Speaker 3: I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and I'm drunk enough to really enjoy doing it. So there was that.
Speaker 12: Beer Belly's Moors Podcast Welcome back.
Speaker 3: It's time for Matt's favorite portion of the show, the live portion where we actually do some funny games and listen to Matt bumble through stumble and bumble through well some misconnections.
Speaker 4: Yeah uh I'll do my best anyways, mag Jeffrey Scott Wilson, Bruce leg and the mayor.
Speaker 3: Of super special guest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, super special guest. George Prince, the People's mayor, the People's mayor.
Speaker 3: Be careful, he'll throw the smack down on you.
Speaker 4: He was talking about throwing elbows earlier, or massage. Can you.
Speaker 3: Imagine you kicking off a city council meeting.
Speaker 4: That would be sick.
Speaker 5: Finally the mayor has come back to.
Speaker 1: Just smashing. Well, the glass breaks, he comes walking out.
Speaker 3: Just imagine some city council members starts talking in George, will shut your mouth.
Speaker 4: Please do that. I know all that's on film for entertainment purposes. Say like the guys are being really sports said it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no no, I didn't mean that, everybody. It was for a joke for these four guys.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 5: Sorry, there's some mayors from a town down the road. I won't stay. You already took care of all out.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say there's a town back that way.
Speaker 5: I'll just say it's between here and brainer and leave it at that. Good.
Speaker 4: There's my hot butt, all right, So time for miss connections.
Speaker 2: Writ You can take the time and efforts. We'd rather just read something that other people wrote and poorly at that. It's time for misconnections with Matt Jeffries.
Speaker 4: So I did these two weeks ago. Now did I reread them?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. But back then, two weeks ago, I.
Speaker 3: Did you don't remember what you had for lunch today?
Speaker 4: I had to be honest.
Speaker 3: Your mini mint blizzard it was so good.
Speaker 4: I was a walker. I was like, anyways, miss connections. Monday night down in New Orleans, you were getting into you get into a fight shirtless outside our bar. I was a super hot shitit getting super turned on and was going to give you my number, but cops wouldn't let me.
Speaker 3: Two weeks ago. That's Shilah buff Foh.
Speaker 4: I can't improve your form, is what she said.
Speaker 3: Because he took his shirt off and got arrested for fighting in New Orleans.
Speaker 6: Oh shit, See now this one actually makes sense. She couldn't get the guy's number, was going to try, but then he went to jail. She could have went to the jail and like tried to bail him out. But I mean, this one actually makes sense. You know the ones that are like at the supermarket and they worked in those ones kind of pissed me off a little bit, so we'll just go ask them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this one, wow.
Speaker 4: Ah, this one is in somewhere. Don't don't really know where. Misconnection Sunday Evening main floor. Correct, that is absolute? What that is? I first noticed you when you were when you turned around to apologize for stepping on someone's foot, which was sweet given how packed it was. You are Asian with long plus a long hair, plus sleeve slash necktats.
Speaker 5: Oh so she's looking for side show bob.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there you go. I don't know about the red hair part. I was. I was in a blackless blouse with a black bob.
Speaker 5: A blackliss bouse, backless blows blouses, blouses.
Speaker 3: What so random interjection. Why are women's shirts called blouses but men's are cultures.
Speaker 5: I think there were men that wore blouses way back in the early days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of our presidents probably were.
Speaker 5: You know, we'll see if we can find you a.
Speaker 1: Moving on my next, my guy some nice rules and stuff.
Speaker 4: My guy friends actually try to approach you first. But when when seeing you make space after they danced up, Oh, sorry, start over, let's do that. When again, my guy friends actually tried to approach you first, but when seeing you make space after they danced up to you for a while, they both backed off and basically pushed me into your direction instead. We ended up dancing next to one another for a while Oscar set after During Oscar set, you have this glance sorry, glighty, glighty dance style that usually that's usually unique. You close your eyes. Sorry, you close your eyes a lot when when you like the music or want to get lost into the music. I do the same thing, but get self conscious about it, so it's so comforting to see someone else doing it. Eventually we dance a bit closer after you smiled at me and told me my earrings suit me. Suddenly you stop to pick up a ray bottle that was getting kicked around the dance floor. It stood out. It stood out to me during the k N. During a k N, I don't know what that means, where people were noticeably disrespectful of the space. Sally, you never found your way back. I thought something might have happened happening between us, but since it was just dancing and smiles, I wasn't sure if you were just being nice or actually into it. So I did push further, but regret NOx staging contact info. If you see this, I'll love to see you again.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what happened right there.
Speaker 5: You just literally bored an entire audience.
Speaker 1: I did that one, Pa, that was what happened.
Speaker 3: I pulled the mat. You lost me on that one.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 5: Let me rephrase that. I'm a boring person that danced up to you, basically.
Speaker 4: What that means.
Speaker 1: And you picked up a bottle.
Speaker 4: You picked up a stray bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: That's what it was. Uh, misconnection and Sephora. This may not be the best place for this, but I'm not sure. Where is I work at Holy Holy Folk? Uh so far, that's I don't know if that's what it says so far. And I helped a client today who was very, very lovely, and we had a great time talking about fragrances, one of my personal hobbies. I believe we were flirting and we have told and he had told me he'd be back like eventually, but not today. But I regretting not getting any of it, any of his info. And I'm hoping, by some miracle, he'll see this post.
Speaker 5: Did you just say fragrances are a hobby, that's what she said, not mine. Well you're let me just let me just say you're lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh thank you. So that guy was like, I'm coming back.
Speaker 4: Basically just not today.
Speaker 1: Though you say not today.
Speaker 4: She said, not today.
Speaker 5: If fragrances are a hobby, do you collect them or how does that work?
Speaker 4: It's like people collecting shoes are at.
Speaker 6: Fragrances, like just I suppose like you just you don't go through the bottles.
Speaker 4: You're done?
Speaker 5: Next Hey you teat him up?
Speaker 4: I when am I not?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Misconnection exclamation point. So this is super long shot. But in case you were you're on here, I wanted to put this out there. Earlier this evening, you were parked. You were parking a parking lot. After we were shopping. You approached me and we talked about We talked a little bit about our carts and whatnot. I should have continued the conversation, but was in a hurry to pack my things up and go. I should have asked for your number or something like that, but I forgot to. I feel like a dingus. Anyways, if you're on here, I love to get to know you. It literally said dingus.
Speaker 1: By the way, they're talking about carts.
Speaker 4: Yes, carts.
Speaker 1: I thought that is a real good icebreaker right there. Whatever you're like, Hey, you're you got the four wheels carts. Your four here wheels are working solid. That's good one. Oh your hand thing's not broken either. That's a good card.
Speaker 4: That's spinning around.
Speaker 1: Where did you where'd you find that one at?
Speaker 5: I mean, could couldn't that be like pretty much half the grocery store you just described.
Speaker 4: Next one, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get you know what, I'm gonna compliment someoney's cart the next time I've had a grocery store.
Speaker 4: Like, nice car right there, look.
Speaker 5: At car wicked cars.
Speaker 1: Be confused. She's gonna be like, why are you talking to somebody about your car?
Speaker 5: Did you ever see Al Bundy's shopping Card of Death? You should google that because that is a shopping car.
Speaker 4: Next one, This is now. Now we're in Minnesota, Erica at the Frederick Miller Spring. This is an Eden prairie. Thank you for the help today. Maybe if I haven't spoken with you, I would have oh start wow, that stunted bad. Thank you for the help today. Maybe if I hadn't spoken with you, I would have found my way out of the snow. You know, a couple of times when we were talking, I was studying your face. If I read it right, you were not You're not just a kind and pretty you. You got a tender heart. It crossed my mind to ask your numbers so I could so I could spend more time thinking about your face. But I thought, no, I should focus on is I should focus on getting home safe? Well, I didn't listen to my intuition and and on a lot of things, and didn't listen to my intuition on a lot of a lot of things today. But I'll at least do this, either to amend things or added to the list of quote unquote miss marks. If you see this dot dot dot m M message, I think it's a message me tell me who was riding with you and what car we both drove?
Speaker 1: Should have been the shopping card to death.
Speaker 4: Should have been the shopping card of desert? Is that not an I do? Look at this mat shopping card?
Speaker 1: Does fucking Badass's?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're winning, got he's got the field, pulledky shirt onto.
Speaker 4: Quick Trips, Quick Trip Sunday, and Coon Rapids. Hi dot dot dot. We smiled at at each other once. Uh fuck, I'm struggling. Hi dot dot dot we smiled. I know if I've been doing better lately.
Speaker 5: If you're counting on Matt to complete your connection.
Speaker 3: I've been doing better lately. As we haven't done a show in three weeks.
Speaker 4: The past few I've done pretty good. I felt good about it.
Speaker 3: Hi, Travis would like a word.
Speaker 4: Travis had entered the chat. Hi dot dot dot. We smiled at each other more than once, like three times, to be exact. You were the attractive woman getting a soda at the fountain. Nobody says soda. I was You're fucking weird. I was standing away from you having a snack. If you see this, please respond though though here I would love to get to know you. Dot dot dot.
Speaker 1: What's the triple dot on? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: It's called an ellipses nerd.
Speaker 1: I thought that was some sort of bedroom movement. I thought that was like a like something you got on your anniversary.
Speaker 5: Your I just thought her name was not.
Speaker 4: Last one. Thank god I gave you a free book in Cambridge. You were in you were in my store. I could take my eyes off of you. You absolutely had me rattled just by your appearances. You had such a beautiful style and energy. You had me so smitten. I accidentally gave you a free book. You said it was your favorite but you but you never had owned it before? Who are you? What color was the book cover?
Speaker 1: Where'd you go? Was this bell from the community to beast?
Speaker 4: Maybe that's misconnections? I struggled to that one, A bad one.
Speaker 1: The guy.
Speaker 6: You could tell that guy was definitely from some sort of like book or reading the way he eloquently put that, uh misconnection post.
Speaker 1: I hope he finds that young lady.
Speaker 6: But then again, if she like likes books and she's in town, she's probably gonna make your way back to that bookstore again eventually again.
Speaker 4: Book she's out.
Speaker 6: Just that's it. Boom done. God, guy just made me feel so uncomfortable. Then he gave me a free book.
Speaker 5: Poor poor guy, he's smitten.
Speaker 1: Smitten.
Speaker 5: I prefer when you've been smoked.
Speaker 1: Did that? Does that happen in a bookstore? Ever?
Speaker 5: Somebody got smoked?
Speaker 3: Matt's laughing nervously.
Speaker 1: Turns his back. Just do some social media stuff over here, like.
Speaker 4: Jaya says, free books. I'm going back, dude, I just lost her.
Speaker 5: Damn, that don't make Scott smote you.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: WHOA, all right, what are you doing? X?
Speaker 1: I could do this? I got four news of the weird, all right, all right.
Speaker 6: A nineteen year old bizarre beer pong injury required surgery to fix for one player, a game of beer Pong went terribly awry. The nineteen year old man was brought to the hospital with an acute throat pain, difficulty swallowing, an abdominal breathing following or abnormal breathing following a round of popular drinking game, and initial exams showed the back of the patient's throat was inflamed, while subsequent X rays revealed what appeared to be a bottle cap lodging the man's upper esophagus. The cap had fallen into the patient's red Solo cup during the Damn match, and he had unknowingly swallowed it an hour before arriving at the er. Even though he had a stable airway, Doctors had to use surgical intervention to remove the bottle cap due to the potential for damage for perforation. I don't even think people used beer in the beer Pung cups anymore.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that was a thing. I thought I went straight to water.
Speaker 3: The last time I played beer pong, it was just nine glasses of water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh oh yeah, I mean yeah, like, well, I guess I haven't played beer pong, god knows how.
Speaker 3: And then you had to rinse the ball every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we actually had Like god, this had to have been sixteen years ago.
Speaker 6: We played at the third base in Laporte and there was beer in the cups, so we had to have like, you know.
Speaker 1: Wash the wash the ball.
Speaker 3: He can't know the woodshed is it the.
Speaker 1: Wood ched now? The judge rejects lawsuit over Buffalo wild Wings boneless wings and Illinois judge ruled against the Chicago man who sued Buffalo Wild Wings, alleging the chain's use of the term boneless wings was deceptive marketing.
Speaker 3: All they are breast chunks. Yeah, I'll have them call it a.
Speaker 6: Wing filed the loss because Buffalo Wild Wings in March of twenty twenty three, challenging what he called the falls and deceptive marketing and advertising of Buffalo Wild Wings boneless Wings. The pseud allege the product named misleads customers into thinking they are made of deep boned chicken wing meat rather than fried chicken breast meat. Specifically, the name and description of the product i e. As boneless wing leads reasonable consumers to believe the products are actually chicken wings.
Speaker 5: But he didn't protest that they were called buffalo wings.
Speaker 1: No, oh man, he's gotta start suing more.
Speaker 4: That's what I would have thought.
Speaker 3: You said chunks, boneless chicken breast.
Speaker 4: Chunks, breast chunks sorry other places?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, wow me, Matt, here's breast and things instantly in the gutter.
Speaker 6: All right, here we go in some news for everybody. We fought twice as much as previously thought.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah.
Speaker 6: Science scienceists discovered from the news smart underwear need it letter rip starts this swad. While breaking wind could help protect against Alzheimer's and postpartum depression. There can be too much of a good thing. Scientists recently discovered that we're passing gas at a lot more often than previously thought thanks to some smarty underpants.
Speaker 3: We don't need smart everything.
Speaker 6: Relax, hey, just like just like, hey, like your car when it's like keep your.
Speaker 1: Eyes out of the road, be like that one had poop on it, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like a little you need to adjust your you got.
Speaker 1: A wipe.
Speaker 4: Shot.
Speaker 1: I wasn't just looking at you. I was talking about your car. And that one talks to you general.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that should you go the dictionary.
Speaker 6: But research at the University of Maryland recently developed technology to measure human flaglets accurately.
Speaker 1: And it's up to like who's getting chat and jump like how you're like, you're smart underwear? My smart underwear?
Speaker 5: An average?
Speaker 1: Do you think you times a day?
Speaker 3: Depends on what I mean.
Speaker 1: Now, everybody that's listening to this is gonna be like.
Speaker 4: Count Yeah, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Starting some hard boiled or get your get.
Speaker 6: Your hands on some smarty underpants and tell you got a little you're not farting your ship.
Speaker 5: And then things come with blue Tooth.
Speaker 1: Play some tunes out of there too.
Speaker 3: It just suggested that you rotate tournaments.
Speaker 5: I mean, really, what makes them smart.
Speaker 3: Sensors?
Speaker 6: Hold on, Yeah, the electro chemical sensors track ingestal gas production and hydrogen in flatuless or in flat us around the around the clock, except when the person is on the toilet, So your toilet, you know, then it takes a break because.
Speaker 3: Because your pants are at your ink right right right.
Speaker 5: So is it designed to help you measure your our own carbon.
Speaker 1: Individual rates varied widely, with some parting as few as four times a day and others up to fifty nine times a day. I've heard Scott rip assor here like at least six times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's happened hour.
Speaker 3: I haven't had all yet until we get done.
Speaker 4: When we get and you're.
Speaker 3: Leaving parting gift, you're welcome for that.
Speaker 5: I wonder if someone got a grant for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a University of Maryland.
Speaker 5: But I mean, who wakes up one day and says, you know what I'm gonna study. I'm gonna see whether or not.
Speaker 4: Your honor there?
Speaker 1: So what are the things you want to create? A podcast and smart underwear?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's that was twelve year old Matthew.
Speaker 1: That's another book of Matthew's story. They just beat him to the punchers, alright. Last one.
Speaker 6: I grew a third boom in an unexpected place after having a baby.
Speaker 1: There's even a nipple.
Speaker 6: Jasmin Maya was in an utter disbelief, still recovering in the hospital there giving birth.
Speaker 1: The mom of tooth thought she seen it all.
Speaker 6: Lactation casually informed her she'd sprouted an extra breast compete with a nipple and in place no one expects. You know how cows and puppies and kittens they have the line of nipples.
Speaker 1: Yeah, humans have that too.
Speaker 6: I think I had maybe three hours of collective sleep in the last two days before she tells me this news, and she gamely showed it off to help other women learn more about their own bodies.
Speaker 5: How do you I just love how these things are written. Oh yeah, does that mean that if you grew an extra pendance there would be an expected place?
Speaker 3: This is from the New York Post. New York Post pretty popular.
Speaker 6: The jaw dropping discovery came when the consultants by Maya's room shortly after she'd given birth and a standard practice meant to help new moms get the hang of breastfeeding. I breastfed my first baby for one and a half years, so you know, I was thinking, there's nothing this nurse can say that's gonna surprise me, she said. But as the two chat of the consultant mention that some women develop extra breast tissue during pregnancy along the doctors call them milk line. Milk line, The invisible strip of tissue runs down both sides of the body, from the armpits to the groin. Everyone has it in the womb, but some people are born with the tiny amounts of leftover tissue that stayed dorminant for years.
Speaker 3: So there you go, Matt.
Speaker 1: They can have three wombs, just like the dreamy come true.
Speaker 6: Smart underwear and women with three breaths all turning, Matt.
Speaker 3: Now, like Robert De Niro said, I have nipples.
Speaker 1: Commune, Yeah, Foker, Yeah, what about that, Olmond? That is it for the News of the Weird? Thank you?
Speaker 3: So is George going in the box or are we making Bruce go in the box?
Speaker 4: Who wants to go?
Speaker 3: And there's only five questions?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we just stay here. You don't talk about going anywhere.
Speaker 3: You just stay here.
Speaker 5: Bruce is going to take the bullet right on? Or you both you both can.
Speaker 4: You want to tag team?
Speaker 1: Tag team or you could.
Speaker 3: Be individual contestants if you want.
Speaker 5: To, we'll tag team, all right, all right, that way we might get to I've played this game twice before, already. You set me up trying to tell me this stuff's easy.
Speaker 4: I know, No, when he does it, it's fucking hard. I know.
Speaker 3: Hey, Georgia has college degrees too.
Speaker 5: I educated.
Speaker 3: Already. Five questions. Question number one, what year didn't Nintendo release the NEYS console?
Speaker 1: God? This is like it's super old.
Speaker 5: It's like thinking in the eighties because it came after the Atari. So like my first blush is like it's I think a little later I would say, like maybe eighty seven. What are you thinking?
Speaker 3: Say the question again, what year didn't Nintendo release the NEYS concert?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'd go concer Maybe I was like eighty four. It's like mid eighties, all right, Like what eighty three.
Speaker 5: I'll roll with you. I don't think.
Speaker 3: It was nineteen eighty five. Oh, so you were sniffing it.
Speaker 6: But like the first like Nintendo started off in like the God, it was like the seventeen hundreds or something weird like that when the company Nintendo started.
Speaker 1: So that's what I thought originally.
Speaker 5: Like we should get like a quarter point. Yeah, we were in Avery.
Speaker 1: Hey, at least we danced, you know they we weren't all shyly going around. We danced around it.
Speaker 4: We're right there, all right.
Speaker 3: Question number two, what was the postal service that serviced the western part of the country in the eighteen sixties?
Speaker 5: The Pony Express? That is correct, like the Wild Wild West and the Express.
Speaker 3: All right, this one is tied to our friends down in Wabashah. We'll check out the Grupy Old Men Festival this week, and if you're looking for something to.
Speaker 1: Do, don't get tied up to anybody though. That's that's not good.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have been able to park my camper where we did last year.
Speaker 4: I saw that they have everything. I was like, oh yeah, all.
Speaker 5: Right, So.
Speaker 3: What kind of fish did John put in the backseat of Max's vehicle?
Speaker 5: Is it a trout?
Speaker 6: They were just little. There were little guys. I don't I'm terrible at fishing, so I don't.
Speaker 5: Know if it's a little guy, be a sunfish or a Perch's want to guess for purchase. I mean they were like they were small crappies. I'll go with perch.
Speaker 3: I'm alright, that that is correct.
Speaker 5: We got two who told you we could get.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, hey, that's forty. Well you're at sixty six percent.
Speaker 5: There we go two out of three. Alright, Question number four, but we would do anything to win, but we won't do that.
Speaker 3: Question four, What was the name of the organization that sued and led to the WWF the World Wrestling Federation, World Wildlife Federation.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with them.
Speaker 4: They got mad.
Speaker 3: You got two of the three words.
Speaker 5: Correct, it's the Wildlife Federation.
Speaker 3: It's the World Wildlife Fund.
Speaker 5: Oh come on, we're right there. But I knew it was wildlife.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Partial credit?
Speaker 4: What do you want to do?
Speaker 3: You're you're the review box.
Speaker 5: All right? Okay?
Speaker 3: Three two and a half, two and a half, two and two thirty.
Speaker 5: We had a quarter on the front tomb.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we danced around it, all right, mister Rogers neighborhood. Yeah, we were creepy. Remember the creepy man. The puppets on the one always unnerved me.
Speaker 3: And that's what Daniel Tiger is a spin off of.
Speaker 5: Remember he was a hand puppet, all right.
Speaker 3: And question number five in golf, in albatross means what.
Speaker 1: It's four, right, because the birdie's one four three, it's three.
Speaker 5: No, that's par well no wait.
Speaker 6: So negative one is a birdie, two under is an eagle. Three has got to be an albatros.
Speaker 5: So three under is an albatross.
Speaker 1: I'm down with that.
Speaker 4: You are crap.
Speaker 5: Look at that.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 3: So you got like three and a half almost four five. Yeah, first time, like seventy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 5: You need man, if we could have just you know, we said eighty four, you win eighty three.
Speaker 3: Because you said eighty seven.
Speaker 6: It's like, because I think I remember playing like duck Hunt. I like when I was younger.
Speaker 3: I liked how Georgie is, like it's like in the mid eighties, and then like, so eighty three.
Speaker 6: I just I just remembered it being a little I thought it was the dead Medal in the eighties.
Speaker 5: I was really feeling eighty four. But that was off a year. Yeah, pretty close.
Speaker 3: That was you guys got the majority correct though, And actually those weren't bad.
Speaker 1: Are bad sometimes you start talking about like planets and stuff like that. Here we go.
Speaker 3: I do have one that was entirely devoted to Grumpy Old menfest.
Speaker 4: We could have done that one Grumpy Old Men Festival this weekend. Had George you ever been to it? No?
Speaker 3: It was fun. I had a blast that Matt puked so much on a building they had to tear it down this year.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 4: They told me that they're go and get a plaque for it. I was like, I feel, so, where is this actually helped literally, Okay, they have a spaghetti feed. You've been there a few times.
Speaker 6: They got Reriggetti spaghetti. They watched the movie there a couple of times. Uh the first year I went before these guys with the one guy that did the play not like Broadway, but like in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: He was there for uh for a while. No, no, no, no no. It was just like it was nobody from the movie. I think originally when they first started, they got some of those guys from the movie to go. Never the main stars.
Speaker 3: Well, didn't Dustin know guy that lives up in uh Lake of the Woods area, that was an extra in the viea.
Speaker 6: He was like in the ext like when they were on the lake ice fishing, like when he's trying to stab him with the fish. Like there's a picture with the guy that's what is that place on Red Lake.
Speaker 1: It's a very popular one.
Speaker 4: West Wins. I think it's West Winds that j R. S.
Speaker 6: Rogers, I think, I mean it was one of those guys, but oh Rogers, I think it was right.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that one sounded familiar.
Speaker 6: But yeah, like when they're trying to stab with the fish, was like the side picture and there he is.
Speaker 5: So you got to come like dressed like Walter math Hour if you want it.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: We gotta.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So last last year I pulled my fish house down. That sucked. We drove five hours head wind the whole time. My gas tank just went like pulling the twenty one foot ice castle down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, through through UH City's traffic like prime time, and that that was horrible.
Speaker 3: Met my girlfriend, like met my girlfriend there, not like I met her there, but she came and joined us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first time and like first time actually hanging out with each other. Really, no, second time, I was second time.
Speaker 3: No, it was first time you'd met her.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right. And I fell asleep, well fault. I was in his uh ice house. I was pretty few.
Speaker 3: I had helped six foot three matts sleeping on a bunk that's about this long.
Speaker 4: And you lost your heat for a little bit too, And I was so happy you did because I.
Speaker 3: Was well, I just ran out of overnight.
Speaker 4: I was so happy because I was hot as he's sleeping with a sweatshirt on and fully closed. I marry helped take my boots off, and that was it. You're like, all right, good luck. I Rick flared myself in the snow.
Speaker 5: Bank by the way, I see boom.
Speaker 4: And then I had his girlfriend and then our friend Abby like.
Speaker 3: She was like one of the head honchos from city Chamber of Commerce or something like that.
Speaker 4: She messaged me. She counted on my page like I'm very dispoort you're not coming this weekend. I'm like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Still go, Matt, still.
Speaker 4: Go stopping your money right now, You're I know, but money right now because everything's all booked up.
Speaker 1: Just go, hey, Matt, just go on love. You know you'll get those.
Speaker 3: Six hour drive sleep in the back seat your truck.
Speaker 4: Not the first time I that.
Speaker 1: I should probably find you a spot.
Speaker 4: I bet. Yeah, time out.
Speaker 1: Snow bank last year, you never know there I was, you just never know.
Speaker 3: So we discovered pickle vodka last terrible. It does not So it was gross. Bruce and his wife, me and my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Matt, you're oh Rick and Brandy.
Speaker 3: And so Friday night, Friday night, we're listening to the band and Bruce was in Fine for Jada's like, we gotta try this Pickle vodka.
Speaker 4: We're like, no, we had how many? We had a lot of bush lights and oh my god, doll fall shot.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, dollar fireball.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking that this was not at the beginning of your evening, because I'm pretty sure so this is could have been like Nancy Reagan and just said no.
Speaker 3: So this this was the end of end of night one. And it gets to the point where like the band's done and we're all like, where's Matt. And here's Matt, headfirst in a green waste management in the corner, just calling dinosaurs. And we get him outside and all of a sudden, like we lost him again and he turned around he's puking on the corner of this building.
Speaker 4: That No, it wasn't just a pickle shot. It was the hot spicy ones. That's the one that got me.
Speaker 3: There's just plain pickle, and now there was a spicy pickle.
Speaker 4: George, I'm pretty white. I don't do well with spice.
Speaker 3: And Jada's like, no, these are the regular ones. I was like, that did not taste like not spicy.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she gave us like the spe calling you out.
Speaker 1: Jada that we brought him back, and then Dustin was like they're not bad.
Speaker 4: We're like, what yea.
Speaker 5: Horrible take the rest of them.
Speaker 4: But Scott and I didn't eat all the way down because we're like, oh, there'll be food down there, we'll be fine.
Speaker 5: Nope, because we wanted to get down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we hustled it.
Speaker 1: Why don't you one of the food trucks.
Speaker 3: They were by the time it was like eight o'clock, when.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was a fun time.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and then the next night, well because then they do beer curling, which is sure.
Speaker 4: Oh, Jada said, your girlfriend brought the spicy pickle round. All the tables have been turned.
Speaker 3: Both of you were in on it, so you're both on my ship list.
Speaker 4: That was a fun night. And yeah, the second night I d I learned how to poke a dance with an old lady.
Speaker 3: Matt was. There was a bet do we.
Speaker 1: Want to sir? But I was sitting there talking and this lady she goes, do you know the guy on the cowboy hat over there? I? Yes, I do.
Speaker 6: She's like, I want to dance them like you go ask him and you'll say yes.
Speaker 5: The next thing you know, you heard roll.
Speaker 3: And so they had a Poka DJ there. That's all she does know that existed. Her name is DJ shot Ski, the PJ. That's all she does is poka.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 5: Is that high demand?
Speaker 3: Apparently in southern Minnesota.
Speaker 6: It was, especially at the Grumpy Old Men Festival.
Speaker 1: I bet you, I bet you they're back because.
Speaker 5: Like, could you be a full time poka DJ? Like that's all she does? She does, that's all she so much demand in the world.
Speaker 4: You just travel around is her and her husband that we're doing it? Right?
Speaker 5: So what makes a poka DJ different from a regular.
Speaker 3: All they play is poke music. They don't play any they don't rock or anything. All different poka do any Maybe it.
Speaker 6: Was a little like I think there might have been a little scratching into the poka you.
Speaker 4: Know, I can see that it was. That was a fun time, Johnny.
Speaker 1: You get to look into now, you know, you've learned things here.
Speaker 5: I retire, That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Because was it the j Caesar who brought back the winter Fest this year? Didn't they bring last weekend?
Speaker 5: Wasn't uh? Kind of? There was some stuff going on at Rutgers and then.
Speaker 4: The beer Yeah we did Friday.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 3: Saturday there was a fishing derby or something.
Speaker 5: With the polar plunge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had the Polar Plunge so that he didn't say anything about that.
Speaker 1: That's what what I've learned.
Speaker 3: What happened last week? What did you do, Matthew John?
Speaker 6: You know, generally, when you like your phone and you like text messages and your boss tells you, you know, especially you should.
Speaker 4: Really not my boss, not your boss one of my.
Speaker 1: Okays, Yeah it was he was supposed to he was supposed to bring beer.
Speaker 6: So okay, I'm just gonna walk through this whole thing. We walk into this beer tent. Nobody told me that it was.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 6: I walk out there with like a thin long sleeve shirt on. It's colder than hell. But we get in there, Matt starts talking to this guy behind one of his vendor tables and.
Speaker 1: He's like blah blah blah blah blah. And he's like, oh you start saying something to the guy goes, oh, no, I don't work here.
Speaker 6: My name is Andrew. I'm just standing by start man. I'm like okay. He goes, all right, let's go meet my other vendor. Start walking over to this guy and he goes, oh, hey, man, I'll take the two cases of beer.
Speaker 4: And he goes, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the two cases of beer. You're supposed to bring the coffee and the one other one and I didn't. I didn't bring any beer.
Speaker 6: And he goes, then we don't have any beer, like they have like one couple of bottles. So he had to we had to we had to go buy uh, we had to go buy some beers from the the Noel's and the Northern to be able to get the two cases of beer.
Speaker 5: So you're with the beer guy that did bringer didn't read no, you didn't read no, skim read it for sure.
Speaker 6: And I'm trying to get They have the lanyards for the distributor and he's like, lanyard and what's your name? It's Dalheimert you guys like kind of really, it's not on there. So the guy has to look through it again.
Speaker 3: I just what's your name? Not?
Speaker 5: Who do you work for?
Speaker 4: I'm using lands? Yeah, brucessing that too, is just walking grabb stuff like allright's.
Speaker 1: The dustin comes in? He gets one through coke. Yeah, so yeah, Matt, you should you got to pay attention.
Speaker 4: Two dollars later.
Speaker 5: Hell ship, what I'm hearing is he just had a rough rough patch there.
Speaker 3: That's what that's Matt's life story.
Speaker 6: That's funny because he's talking about and he's like, oh, I don't I'm not one of the beer vendors.
Speaker 1: I'm just standing here buying this table because the eaters comted.
Speaker 5: Oh at least he was honest with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. I was happy with that.
Speaker 3: Have you got some free samples for me?
Speaker 4: I did it free stuff.
Speaker 3: No, that's what he should have said to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was actually pretty good time, though a lot of beers. I'm probably never ever gonna drink again, though it's fun. Next year, I'll know that it's going to be outside in a tent.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Anyways, if you're bored this week and go down Wabshaw, check out the Grumpy Old Menfest, the Fishing Tournament.
Speaker 1: If you're in a fishing tournament, they got a bush light curling again.
Speaker 5: Okay, can I make a shameless oh shame, go for it because you just because you just brought up this weekend, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So there is a Baseball Dinner Show Saturday, February twenty eighth at the Armory this twenty eight I will be there at five point thirty. And who is it gonna support.
Speaker 3: But midgee Travel Baseball the Northern Heat. Bring in the heat all ages from nine up until fourteen. You'll see my son there. Daniel will be there.
Speaker 5: And you will see my brother there. You will not see me there because I have to be somewhere else, otherwise I wouldn't too. I'm the guy that bought two tickets and gave him away.
Speaker 3: I will forewarn you. You can buy tickets at either Luken's store, but they are fifty bucks a pop.
Speaker 5: You're supporting.
Speaker 3: But there's dinner and a show. There is a comedy show supposed.
Speaker 5: To be good. The comedy show is supposed to be good. I'm kind of bummed I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to miss it.
Speaker 3: So then there's some silent auction raffles and stuff like that too.
Speaker 5: So if I don't want to travel to got something.
Speaker 3: And that's at the armory and the food is being catered by fozziesh even Yeah it's a roast beef dinner.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Support kids being off their video games and outside playing baseball.
Speaker 3: Take some light off my wallet for this summer.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, what have we learned today?
Speaker 4: Boys?
Speaker 5: I learned I missed you guys. It's been a while. You're all just lovely.
Speaker 1: That's a nice one.
Speaker 3: We can get the mayor here and he can let his hair down a little bit, hair it out whatever.
Speaker 4: I got left. Yeah, yeah, that's right. Uh. I guess what I learned is learning to read better.
Speaker 3: Forty years old, you're not going to learn at this point.
Speaker 6: I even tell you, I'm like, just read it prior before you do it that way, Like if you find a word in there you don't know, you could look it up or just skip it.
Speaker 3: So as as I was watching two weeks ago and I was commenting and he would read it off, I was like, at one point, I said, just give it to Travis so he can read it, because you just butchered my comments so bad it makes no sense.
Speaker 4: I was get puzzled. Would you learn okay? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Uh, well, you guys broke a lot of bones. I did not know that in football, Well you not so much, but him. Yeah, I didn't know that your fingers went that way because you're jamming him in other dude's helmets.
Speaker 5: Helmets.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 6: That was at the bottom of a pile and you were putting your head where it didn't belong.
Speaker 1: I don't okay, that's why it's been.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, who should be thank today.
Speaker 6: Thank you to Seventh Avenue Pizza before pizza became trendy.
Speaker 3: The beautiful Knobbing Kettle down in Lake Alice, Minnesota. Check them out Friday and Saturday. You can get some of the best primary around.
Speaker 5: Testify.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also home Choice right here in but MIGI get honos off of your purchase. We use a promo code Beer Belly Sports in store only. Help build your credit as well too.
Speaker 1: Also brought to you by Sodastick. Go to sodastick dot com find the promo code. Put in one word beer Belly. They get fifteen percent off on us. The numerical shirt came out. I was wearing it on Sunday. Help this winding gold that's what it is.
Speaker 5: And not brought to you by Smart Underwear.
Speaker 3: Also paulm Onion Communications probably powering the Beer Belly Sports radio network with the Gigazone.
Speaker 4: Also being brought to by Herbert and Gerbert's here in the midgie soup season. Still here Lobster, the lobster sandwich I have now looks really good. I'm very intrigued to try it.
Speaker 3: I will say we didn't do a segment on it today, but with March Madness coming up. Check out uh better edge dot com that's b E T T O R or download their app. Put in the cord beer Belly and get twenty bucks on us when you do.
Speaker 1: And a smart underwear.
Speaker 6: If you do want to sponsor us, we will gladly take that sponsorship. We have a couple, Yeah, we have a couple of guys here, the testers. Yeah, we got some good testers. Product your diets and you know, I'm in get you don't get Maybe they haven't tried it in freezing cold weather yet, you know, you know, maybe that's the naggle they got to look forward to.
Speaker 4: All right. Thank you to the writers, producers on site, engineer zone as all of us. In the words of Red Green, keep your stick on the ice.
Speaker 5: Can I you're really getting those questions a good sign. That's when they may panic and run away.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to Beer Belly Sports. This has been a Caffree Productions show, so now you just know it's gotta be quality