Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife, I wasn't home, but my wife was saying that we only got like ten or twelve kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same rough So you were not home. Oh you were a theater adult theater practice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had a giant bag of candy in the car. I got those. But November first, it is Amnesty Day.
Speaker 2: Every like you should know that you could whatever happens today, candy wise is not discussed the other three hundred and six.
Speaker 4: Well, what happened yesterday? I need? Can I get retroactive amnesty?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Because I put down can I started? I had to hide it. What you say is I had to test it. You don't want, you know, razor blades in that candy in your hand. I'm not going to make excuses for my gluttony. It is what it is. But I got those, I bet I do.
Speaker 1: But I got those little baby Hershey's the ones that are like the special dark ones. Oh my god, just punched me in the face. And the special dark now they have with the Crispy Rice, there's a little crunch in there out of sixteen of those.
Speaker 2: Your Dodgers are world champions and they shall be celebrated thusly today with the parade and the event at Dodger Stadium. And we're going to have coverage all day because it is going to be quite quite a party throughout downtown LA and at Dodger Stadium. Our own Blake trolley is downtown lining up for the parade. What's going on, Blake?
Speaker 6: Yeah, guys, it is safe to say tens of thousands, if not one hundred thousand people are here in downtown LA right now. And it seems like the rate in which people are showing up is really picking up, which makes me really wonder how many people are actually going to be here once this parade gets kicked off at eleven thirty. When I got here, I got here about five o'clock this morning, and it was a real trickle. You saw a couple people kind of walking in, they had their chairs, and now you just see the masses rolling in and their Dodger blue and they are heading to the line right now as some cheers, some blow horns, and a lot of music's playing. It's a celebration now here today.
Speaker 4: Are there any buses on fire.
Speaker 6: So far, Shannon, this city, we'll talk in baseball terms, is oh for one on the on the on the bus fires. But I'll tell you it is. It is a busy Like I said, it is a busy crowd. I mean, these guys were doing the let's go Dodgers chant. The few that were here, they congregated pretty quickly. By six in the morning, they were doing the the Let's go Dodgers chat up on the line for a crowd of nobody really but the few newsgroups that were here. And now they are really fired up. And that's one thing I've kind of seen this morning with the people that are showing up is their their energy seems to be picking up right with the morning. A lot of the people I saw showing up this morning, it would be like a dad and four people with you know, burning red eyes that dad drug out of bed uh to come down to the to the parade. And now everybody seems to be on fire down here.
Speaker 1: I liked today's like today because my husband is the crazy one in the home. He was getting ready to go to the parade this morning and he's like, which jersey should I wear? I'm like, okay, there, Will say Dodgers. He's like, yeah, but should wear the All Star Game one? Or should I wear this one or that? Mary Will's I'm like, I don't care, can you? But I do that when I go to football games all the time. He took the Gold line in Blake. He said, it was just packed with Dodger fans.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's absolutely packed. I don't know if your husband is a crowd surf enthusiast, but you could definitely ride a solid wave here. You've got the you've got the base for it. I mean, just you look up and down the like I said, you look up and down the street and you just see people and it's a it's a thick line that goes back off the line where the parade's going to be running through. It probably goes thirty forty feet back in some places. If people just stacked up trying to see the Dodgers ride those double decker buses for about forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: Well we'll talk again, Blake.
Speaker 2: Keep your head about you, all right, Grey, Thanks man like trolley there down in downtown.
Speaker 4: The LA will check in with him next hour as well.
Speaker 2: The parade itself is supposed to start at eleven by the way, across the way down the hall, our friends at a five seventy LX Sports are covering the parade with live coverage that starts at the bottom of the hour. We know a little bit more, a tiny bit more about the guy who blew his hand off the other night, by the way, and that really ridiculously gruesome video of the Dodger fan wearing the Clayton Kershaw number but the name King on the back, carrying fireworks onto a downtown LA crosswalk and the thing blows up in his hands before he could put it on the ground and walk away. Needless to say, that covers him in smoke. It blows his fingers off on his left hand. Blood everywhere, blood everywhere. I mean, it's like a.
Speaker 4: Game of Thrones scene.
Speaker 2: And one of the Okay, there's one guy yelling for people to call nine to one one, but he's holding his phone videoing the guy whose hand is now blown to shreds. And then there's another guy who comes over and looks at him and repeats the phrase, oh my goodness, oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: It's the funniest not holy s Yeah, yeah, oh my goodness, goodness, I think my grandmother.
Speaker 2: So anyway, the LA Fire Department said he was conscious and alert, but he did suffer bilateral hand wounds, which were described by officials as debilitating.
Speaker 1: I think every single person saw that video yesterday, I hope.
Speaker 2: So, I mean that should be that should be I guess fourth or July fodder for next you know a few months from now when we start doing the stories about hey, don't hold the things in your hand when you blow them off. The La Times blew it. The La Times, Oh they suck.
Speaker 1: Like what exact well, we have the saying the house the La Times yesterday's news tomorrow and that's exactly what happened. I mean, you win a World Series and it's not emblazoned on the front page of your paper the following morning.
Speaker 4: And the problem with the La Time is they don't have their own printing press. That's why they can't do box scores well.
Speaker 2: And they print so early now because because it's borrowed, right, it's just an awful way to do it. They say they will be producing a special edition that highlights the World Series champions, which would of course be a keepsake for UH Dodger fans if you're so interested. So anyway, we'll keep an eye on that parade and the event at Dodger Stadium that happens just after noon today. Idiot after idiot. And I'm talking about people down the campaign, not just here. I'm talking about campaign now we're dealing with it. Seems like every day there's going to be one firework that blows the proverbial hand off of the campaign.
Speaker 4: Oh, I like how you did that?
Speaker 2: Completely avoidable mistakes, and these guys are fighting to see who can make the worst one.
Speaker 4: That was a big side.
Speaker 2: People say stupid stuff, It gets broadcast. I mean we do this four hours a day. People say stupid stuff. It gets broadcast, and we forget what we're doing. What are we doing. We're trying to decide which person, out of the two people who lead the top of the tickets for both of the major parties, which of those two people would be better for maybe me individually, maybe you're thinking for your community. Maybe you're thinking, which one's going to be better for my voting block I belong to, which one's going to be better for my state, which one's going to be better for the country as a whole, whatever it is, And then you do incredibly stupid things like suggest that a former member of Congress should stand before a firing squads.
Speaker 3: Startter is a very dumb individual, very dumb. She's a radical warhawk. Let's put her with a rifle, standing there with nine barrel shooting at her. Okay, let's see how she feels about it. You know when the guns are trained on her face.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's not good.
Speaker 3: You know, there are all walkhawks when they're sitting in Washington in a nice building saying, oh, do you will. Let's let's send ten thousand troops right into the mouth of the enemy.
Speaker 4: Now again his point.
Speaker 2: Too many times members of Congress or presidents send our young men and women into harm's way without having any skin in the game themselves, right, And I get it. Every president should have that mentality, and remember that mentality. Don't say that about a former member of Congress, you moron, or really anyone, anyone. It was an idiotic way to make his point. And then he's gonna get you know, she has to come out and say this is proof, this is how dictators ruined democracies, et cetera. And then on the other side, then the other side, you have this moron, and again not necessarily the candidate clearly, but Mark Cuban, a billionaire who supports Kamala Harris, had suggested that Donald Trump never surround is never around strong intelligent women.
Speaker 4: You never see him around strong intelligent women. Whatever, It's just that simple.
Speaker 2: Now, My favorite part about his whole thing was Tulsei Gabbard has been a fixture on the Trump campaign trail for the last what I would say two months probably and in fact not too long ago, decided that she was gonna we know, she dropped the Democratic Tic Democratic Party, became an independent.
Speaker 4: She's kind of a sign of plants, though she signed up with the Republican Party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a badass and would kick Mark Cuban's ass and could talk him under the table when it comes to foreign relations.
Speaker 1: But then you look at Nicki Haley, who is a strong, intelligent woman who will not appear with him.
Speaker 2: And that was the whole That was the question that prompted his response was why isn't Nicki Haley campaigning for him? And his argument was, well, he doesn't like to be seen next to strong and I don't think it's that. I think they don't want to be seen with him. He then had to eat his words. Later in the day, was asked specific about it by a radio host. What did you mean when you said strong independent.
Speaker 4: Intelligent women. Yeah, this morning, strong intelligent women. You want to say anything about that.
Speaker 5: Sure, let me read you what I said first. You know, I said Donald Trump you never see him around strong intelligent women. Ever. It's just that simple.
Speaker 4: I'll go on.
Speaker 5: I mean, he just can't have her, meaning Nikki Cahlly around. It wouldn't work. So I wasn't saying that, you know, Republican women aren't strong intelligent women. That's obviously not the case. I probably should have given examples that, you know, he has worked with, you know, Kelly and Conway, Tulsey, Gabbert, Linda McMahon, and that probably would have clarified some of it. But the reality is, I mean, maybe you can correct me, but I haven't seen him side by side with Kelly and tom Way in a while. I haven't seen him side by side.
Speaker 2: And so it's it's an idiotic move on his part to have said it in the first one.
Speaker 1: Well, it's true who has appeared who has appeared with him recently?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not saying, listen, he he he doesn't appear with anybody. That's what I'm saying is that he doesn't have uh. I mean, Tulsiy Gabbard is one that.
Speaker 1: Devil's advocate to play Devil's advocate except for the comedian and who told the joke that's lasted five days in the news cycle. I mean, he does have people on stage with him or before him at these rallies and things.
Speaker 2: Tulci Gabbert was a Madison Square Guarden was she did she speak?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, and that's the it's it's an issue like this was just an avoidable thing. It was an avoidable black eye for either one of these guys, completely avoidable.
Speaker 4: But they can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: I still can't believe Biden was eating those babies.
Speaker 4: Who's signed off on that?
Speaker 1: Did you hear about Tucker Carlson and the demon that attacked him while he slept?
Speaker 4: The what demon?
Speaker 1: He claims a demon attacked him while he slept in bed and left visible marks on his body. It's in a new documentary called Christianity's He reveals he once woke up to find huge claw marks on his sides and show ones that did not match his own hands. He said that the demon did not wake his wife or dogs, who are notoriously light sleepers, but he went to the bathroom to see the damage the demon had done. He flicks on the bathroom light and says he saw four claw marks on each side of his rib cage and more on his shoulder that were bleeding profusely.
Speaker 4: Did you say he was sleeping with his dogs.
Speaker 1: They're probably in the room or on the floor or something, he said. The next morning, he thought the attack had all been a dream until he saw the blood soaked sheets. That the incident made him explore his faith, reading the Bible to figure out exactly what happened, though he says he still doesn't understand it to this day.
Speaker 4: But he doesn't think his dogs did it. That's really the big question, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Don't forget Dodger's World champs. You can join us tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning. That's today, isn't it. Today's the parade? Today's the parade?
Speaker 4: Are you having a stroke?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 4: What is your date of birth? And you weary? Hmmm? Oh, it's coming up. You're going to be fifty two.
Speaker 1: Dodgers are world champs. Wow, that's wild. That sounds a lot older than fifty one, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Coverage of the championship celebration at AM five to seventy LA Sports and an HD on the iheartradiop used that keyword AM five seventy LA Sports prevented by prevented presented fifty.
Speaker 4: Two is very young, very young, very youthful. The decline has begun.
Speaker 1: Hey, I just wanted to mention this because I'm curious about TikTok's effects on the election and this week. First of all, thirty nine percent of the youth say that they get their news from TikTok, according to Pew Research. And this week, you know it's circulating is the Billy Bush tape because a lot of the kids on TikTok. I mean, he's been eight years since that was leaked, So a lot of people on the TikTok are seeing the grab them right in the for the first time and are appalled in shopper.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess that was eight years. Well, you think about the new vote. Eighteen year olds, nineteen year olds, they were ten.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't that would not have been in their purview and their parents wouldn't have told them anything about that.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk a little bit about this New York City private school that tells people that they can stay at home because of the and by people I mean students because of the election. But first, the happy stuff. The happy stuff is Championship Friday. We've got the Dodgers Championship parade that's going to take place here pretty soon. And joining us live from the downtown area, our own Corbyn Carson.
Speaker 4: Who's down there. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 9: It is not to use the obvious phrase, but a sea of blue down here. Literally everyone is wearing blue Dodgers and so many people got here super early this morning. Fans are telling me they are owed this parade. They were you know, they missed it during the pandemic. You got lawn chairs down here, tenths down here. Some guy opened a bar down here, he's serving drinks. It's it's it's madness out here. I talked to this fan. They he says he got here super early and they're from a San Jose state and he says the whole series was great, but his favorite part.
Speaker 10: Game five, coming back down from that five to zero deficit, that was that was a great thing to watch on Friday.
Speaker 8: Oh, I was definitely sladen. I was interested in my seat.
Speaker 10: We were required for a good like forty five minutes at the start, and then they started coming back and we started getting as loud as we possibly could.
Speaker 8: But walking through those moments, it was five to one. I remember when then they scored like back to the Yeah, we watched, We watched the Yankees.
Speaker 10: You know, they started really like Judge started with Judge, you know, missing that that line drive in center field, and after that it just, you know, it just kept spiraling and they they really couldn't get together and then uh Cole in his air at first base not getting over on that PfP. You know that Really that really put Dug a deep hole for him and they couldn't come back from it.
Speaker 8: So it was great to see. It was great to watch.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so a lot of crazy excitement out here. People wearing kershaw or tawny jerseys.
Speaker 8: Bets you. It's just a lot a lot of fun out here.
Speaker 4: Awesome. We'll check back in with you and if anything happened, you let us know.
Speaker 8: Right you guys want me to get you a drink from one of these guys here.
Speaker 1: Na Sottle Early, don't you think, oh, come on, it's a parade to enjoy yourself.
Speaker 8: I mean, we're talking mixed drinks out here. It's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Well it's nine am. It is five o'clock somewhere.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, What was I going to say? Yeah, that that Aaron Judge error really opened it all up. That was the first olive that came out of the jar to make room for all the other olives.
Speaker 2: And it was a there's no reason why the center fielder needs to look at the guy running from now.
Speaker 4: He wasn't going anywhere.
Speaker 1: He's not going to challenge stake you don't see on the high school diamonds.
Speaker 4: It's awful. It's very weird, all right.
Speaker 2: So New York City's one of New York City's elite private schools is telling families that quote, students who feel too emotionally distressed the day after election day will be excused from classes, and that's psychologists will be available during the week to provide counseling. If your child is too emotionally distressed from this election or any election, that's your fault.
Speaker 1: Remember the radio station that rhymes with nprar, right, that brought puppies into the newsroom after Trump won in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, because we have coddled people for so long.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of amazing. I could do with some puppies. I will fake trauma. I can bring a puppy here.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am traumatized. I need a puppy and a baby. Do you have a baby.
Speaker 4: I don't have a bait. I mean we could get one. Can you bring the puppy on Tuesday? Yeah? Bring the puppy on It's Tuesday. I don't know. I feel I feel like something's happening on Tuesday, the election. Oh that's this Tuesday. Yeah, huh, I guess I could. Are you having a stroke?
Speaker 8: I might be.
Speaker 4: Is it the candy?
Speaker 2: It might be this room because you had a stroke earlier this week on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: You couldn't tell what time it was. It was awful. I went to the news at like fifty. By the way.
Speaker 2: This school, by the way, the Ethical Culture Fieldston School is the school where Jerry Seinfeld's kid or kids go.
Speaker 4: I don't know what he's how old they are whatever.
Speaker 1: Those kids don't even eat vegetables. They have to have their vegetables hidden in their food.
Speaker 4: It's about a forty thousand dollars a year school.
Speaker 2: Of course it is, and you're going to have psychologists on hand to provide counseling for the children.
Speaker 1: Yes, if there's kids that need counseling, it's the one sent to a forty thousand dollars a year school. I am a firm believer in that you should send you your kids to sketchy schools.
Speaker 4: Let them get through all the stress.
Speaker 1: Of getting potentially knifed at recess, and then they'll grow up stronger built character. Absolutely, public schools are great for that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: We have a cheese robbery update. Okay, I ate a piece of cheese yesterday. Oh, I saw it to the food that you.
Speaker 1: I had other recreational cheese. I had some of that cheddar. I meant to bring you the block, but I forgot.
Speaker 4: Just to get it out of my fat. I had cheddar on my chili last year.
Speaker 8: You did.
Speaker 4: Yes, that sounds delicious. That's a good chili night flipping.
Speaker 2: Great new law goes into effect in Texas today where hospitals must ask patients whether they are in the United States. Legally, the people don't have to answer, but the hospital has to act ask because it's a law trying to track the cost of treating people without legal status. Critics have feared that this is going to scare people away from going to the hospitals for treatment, even though, like I said, patients are not required to answer those questions in order to receive the medical care.
Speaker 4: And I know this is Dodger's day, I get it.
Speaker 2: The Giants are expected to announce today that they have hired Tommy Lasorda's godson as their general manager.
Speaker 4: What are they doing with the names?
Speaker 1: The buster poseys that and that's sacrilegious, like going into the Losorda family for your GM as a giant?
Speaker 4: Like what zachmnistry?
Speaker 1: That is the sound of my father's ashes rolling over somewhere?
Speaker 2: How we say Zach Manacian could be their new general manager. The expectation is that they'll make the announcement today. Zach's brother Perry is general manager of the Angels right now?
Speaker 4: Didn't we used to have Tommy Lasorda's granddaughter working here? Is it Tommy Lasorda's granddaughter? That does sound about right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And handle offended her something along those lines, right?
Speaker 2: Something today is canny amnisus day anty.
Speaker 4: I find that hard to say.
Speaker 2: Because today is the day you go to Dollar General, Family Dollar, all of those generals and you get your half price.
Speaker 8: K has Halloween.
Speaker 5: Things on them, and if you wait another week, they'll probably drop to seventy five percent.
Speaker 1: They're right next to the world serious Champion Yankees t shirts Dollar General.
Speaker 4: He asked your father to make an earthquake yesterday. Oh he did, and that was so crazy. So we were making a comment.
Speaker 2: We had people calling with creepy stories, and one woman said that her was that I think it was their uncle was an electrician, and she said, if you're here and you can hear me, then make that light turn off. And the light in the living room went off. So we jokingly said, or you said, hey, Dad, Eric, can hear me?
Speaker 8: How about an earthquake?
Speaker 4: I was like, maybe a mild earthquake?
Speaker 1: And then yesterday at four h two, a brief two point nine magnitude earthquake right underneath me in Pasadena. Yeah, like right where I was in Pasadena at the time. That was insane. I texted my brother and my mom that I said.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We asked listeners for ghost stories. Most were about dead relatives. So I asked dad to send a mild earthquake and then this and I sent the screenshot of the earthquake information.
Speaker 4: And neither one. They're both smart asses.
Speaker 1: Neither one was like, whoa, that's so cool A heart something. No, my brother texts, can you ask him for a retirement plan for me? And then my mom says, maybe a new pancreas for me? Oh boy, she had pancreatitis. I'm like you, guys, I said, listen, we only have two more wishes from the genie in the sky.
Speaker 4: We got to be careful about this. This is why we can't have nice things. But I squandered the first wish.
Speaker 2: Guys, we have told you about the cheese that was stolen from Neil's Yard Dairy in London, a well known cheese specialist. They someone stole nine hundred and fifty wheels of cloth wrapped artisanal cheddar. Every wheel of cheese had been delivered before it realized that it had been to scams.
Speaker 4: You're drooling, sorry, sixty three.
Speaker 2: Year old man has been arrested after more than twenty four tons of that cheese was stolen.
Speaker 1: Haw Food, Welsh Organic Cheddar, Westcomb Cheddar and Pitchfork Cheddar.
Speaker 4: They all sound delicious. Don't they. Gosh, I love all the cheddars. I've hit that pitchfork. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The man was detained on suspicion of fraud by false representation and handling stolen goods he was questioning has since been released on bail pending further inquiries, but that they do have what they think is the guy responsible for the largest cheese heist in recent London history.
Speaker 1: The largest neck tattoo convention going on. We'll get an update live.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think we're pretty proud of our neck tattoos, us being a Dodger family. Okay, I mean you don't get a neck tattoo because you're shy about it.
Speaker 2: An excellent point. You don't want people to ignore the neck tattoo that you wt You gotta shout it. Shout out your neck tattoo.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app