Speaker 1: Atlantis, a lost continent that allegedly sank beneath the waves. Ancient Greek manuscripts written by Plato are the myths source. But what if the story we think we know is wrong. For the first time, fresh research and new translations are revealing long misunderstood facts that transform Atlantis from fantasy into an incredible reality. Join me on a journey across continents and centuries as together we uncover the truth behind the Atlantis Puzzle.
Speaker 2: That's the trailer to the Atlantis Puzzle with host Jack Kelly. We had Jack on the program last October promoting this documentary that features my guest today, George Serantidus. He was coming to us from Greece, from Athens, Greece, actually, and we're going to be talking to him about his decipherment of the Plato classic, the Timaeus Dialogues, where he describes in very detailed descriptions, in a great deal of detail, the people of Atlantis, the rise in the fall of Atlantis, and we're going to learn just how this interpretation leads to a whole new geography of the location, the actual what he believes is the resting place of Atlantis. Today. Hey, this is Cliff, your host of Earth Ancients. I hope you're doing well today. And I got to tell you I have been waiting to speak with George for almost a year. I actually wanted to speak with him before I got Jack, but Jack Kelly, the writer producer of The Atlantis Puzzle, wanted to promote his presentation first. I believe to date he has over half a million views on YouTube. By the way, at the end of this interview, I'm suggesting people go to YouTube and find The Atlanti's Puzzle to see the whole thing. It's an hour and thirty minute documentary with ads. If you want to avoid the ads, you can actually see the whole thing on the atlantispuzzle dot com. I think he's charging a couple of bucks to see it uninterrupted, so that's something to consider. Today we're going to talk about the parent location that Plato talked about, and it happens to be in West Africa. And this is something that has been discussed and featured in a number of individual documentaries, YouTube presentations, as well as numerous podcasts and radio, radio and TV programs. The location of this so called ancient city and country is Africa, and this is what we're talking about today. But the most interesting aspect of this thought or theory, I should say, is a location called the Ratchet structure, and this is these concentric circles that are approximately twenty five miles in diameter. And that doesn't sound like a lot. And I think this is one of the weak weaknesses the week links of this entire theory is that if you have temples and pyramids and structures that are part of this design that Plato describes quite eloquently in this dialogue, twenty five miles in diameter is not going to be enough. And the other thing is he describes these canals that lead in from the Atlantic Ocean into these concentric circles and allow ships to harbor outside of various parts of the city. And I don't know if this is Pasadia or not. I don't remember. We're talking about the specific names of the various cities. But it's a challenge to consider this. I am going to post a gallery of photographs that George features in his book Plato's Atlantis, and that's the theme of today's show, Plato's Atlantis, for you to so you can make it your own decision on this thing. Because We've had a few people talk about this on the program, and one of the big issues is that to date, every exhibit expedition that's gone out to that part of Africa, West Africa has not found any significant ruins. Now, we're gonna hear from George today the reason for that, and I'll just put it bluntly. He believes that there were monstrous tsunamis. These are active waves generated from the Atlantic Ocean that purged the surface of this area of temples, of pyramids, of buildings to such a degree that all you have left is just the land, the sand, the dirt, and the remains of geological formations. So how do we how do we rectify this? How do we consider this as a possible place for Atlantis. Now, if you do a search for West Africa slash Atlantis or just Africa West Atlantis, west West Africa, you'll get a page filled with this unusual geological formation, the Ratchet structure, which is inland about ten miles from the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. Now, one of the things that we'll learn about today is that that is that there were large bodies of water inland that were developed by lakes and there were lakes that were larger than the Nile River that crisscrossed this upper area close to Libya and the area that is described as ancient ancient Atlantis. But one of the other things that is noted is Plato talks about the last phase of Atlantis being around roughly twelve thousand years ago. We'll learn today that the bulk of the civilization was from the Holocene period, which is roughly one hundred thousand plus years ago up to about twelve thousand years ago. And during the Holocene that part of Africa was green. It was lush, green, very environmentally friendly, and was perfect for cultivation, was perfect for civilization development. And here we get into a whole different epoch and this is where we look at the Yugas for verification. Remember the Satia and the Trita period. The Treta Yugas are much older, many thousands of years beyond our comprehension. So our current history, a current science has us beginning around seventy eight thousand years ago. Of course, we're not talking about quebecley Tepe, Karahant Teppe and other Teppees that started around twelve to fourteen thousand. Those are not included, but in general Sumerians, early pre Egyptians and so forth and so on. Our society is developing around then this hole esteem period is prior to that, its earlier than that, and so we have to look at the possibilities. Now again, we've had people like Randall Carlson here, and we've had a handful of people talking about the belief of West African being the original location for Atlantis. The issues that I have and a lot of other people have, is that where are the ruins. Even a tsunami that would come in land, come into land around ten miles wouldn't reach to the center of the continent of Africa. So, you know, and I know that there's been some significant satellite imagery done of this region and there are some unusual buildings and dwellings, but they're not to the size that we would support one hundred two hundred a million people, you know, and we're talking in the major city, huge city that would have to accommodate that many individuals. You know, you have to have an industry in place, a civic industry. You have to have your food, you have to have areas for growing crops. Of course, we don't really know specifically how the Tenians lived, if they were vegetarian, if they were what present day people would call vegans or vegetarians or the meat or whatever. But you need to have lots of rich and fertile land to grow crops. You need to have land to do animal husbandry, cows, pigs, whatever else. So we don't know this. This is a huge void in our understanding of this place called Atlantis. But we're gonna learn today just what the true definition, the true decipherment. And this is what we're gonna hear about today, that the Tomaeus and the Cretius dialogues that Plato wrote were very specific in what they were presenting, and we're gonna learn that a lot of it was comprehended incorrectly. It was written down incorrectly from a Western point of view, and it's when you read it as a Greek and translate it into that language, it reveals an entirely different scenario and a history of a lot of civilization. So today's program is Plato's Atlantis, and my guest is George Serantitus. Hey, spring is just around the corner where there's going to be getting better and better as we continue on into the year, and this means it's time to think about getting away on a vacation. Earth Ancients has the best tours you could ever imagine, and we are talking about Turkey in summer June twenty second through July second. This is our second annual tour to this amazing city. We all land and meet in Istanbul and for eleven days we tour some of the most amazing sites in all of Middle East. We're talking the underground city of darren Kuru, Cappadocia, Go Beckley Tepe and even Carahan Teppy. This is a place that is very much off limits to a lot of people except Earth Ancients. Our tours are literally half fifty percent less than what you typically would pay for an all inclusive Lemon Dade tour with our host Mohammed Imbraheim and a variety of archaeologists, geologists and scientists who are providing information on the latest discoveries in this part of the world. The Earth Ancient's second annual Turkey Tour is not to be missed. For the full light, itenerary and more information, go to Earth ancients dot com forward slash tours, click on the banner and you'll see the full light tenerary and all the details. Remember, if you want a fantastic tour at half the normal fee, think about Earth Ancients Tours. We've been doing them for many, many years and they are a blast. Earthanses dot Com Forward slash Tours, come out and join us. Atlanta's continues to be of great interest to not only me, but to a lot of the people I have on the show. A few months ago, we featured Jack Kelly, who was the writer producer for a documentary called The Atlantic The Atlantis Puzzle. And you can actually see the Atlantis Puzzle on YouTube right now. And if you go to the Atlantispuzzle dot com you can see a unedited version that doesn't have advertising. I think Jack is charging five bucks for it. I can't remember. But the featured individual in that documentary is a guy named George Santa Taritis, and he is with us today. He is a Greek electronics engineer. He's coming to us from Greece today, and he has written a book called Plato's Atlantis, Decoding the most Famous Myth and I've got it in my hand right now.
Speaker 3: This is a.
Speaker 2: Research project. You can tell that he's spent a great deal of time on this. It's very detailed in not only the decipherment of them what he calls a Plato's story, some people call it a myth, other details that are very very important in the story. So we have George with us today, which is so very fun because he gives us a completely different perspective of Atlantis. So, George, welcome to Earth Ancient's great to have you on the program. But yeah, how's the weather where you're located today?
Speaker 3: Is like spring? Is that a few days ago was a little bit called excellent? It's an island anyway, so it's more mild.
Speaker 2: Talk about your interest in not only Plato but the story of Atlantis. When did this first come to your mind? And what was it that made you want to pursue the question of the so called fable Atlantis.
Speaker 3: My personal opinion about Atlantis was that it's a fantasy. This in the past many years ago, because first time I have read it, let's say, when I was twenty five years old. Since then I never thought to exam deeper the myth of Atlantis. But around the age of forty forty five, I had started to be occupied by studying the mythology in general. So my first motive, let's say, to started studying the Atlantics, was to study the logic of a myth. You know, the Greeks, they have much respect to their history, and so there are many discussions all the years, especially if you are a sailor like me, concerning the ancient Greece and philosophy. You know, there are thousands of documents and philosophers that start to have a discussion. So everybody knew a lot of people believe that that the myth. It's not a fairy tale, it's a mixture of lies and truth. So but I had the question why Plato, who is a genuine rational philosopher, one of the greatest in humanity, was occupying writing by writing fairy days. So I wanted to examine depth, which is the logic of a myth, because, let's say you examine the Audience or the Atlantis myth, there are exaggerations, a lot of exaggerations, but there are also truths. So the question was why somebody, especially like Plato, had to write a myth in that way and not like a normal book. Say, of course Plato has write a lot of myths, but usually they are small in size, Atlantis is the biggest, the longest myth of Plato, but has the right size to be examined either a logic examine to see what is going on in this in this myth, why the author have was occupied to write that way? The myth of Atlantics? Which is the logic, the hidden logic behind right the motive? This was the start. This was a start around twenty five to thirty years ago. Mhmm so and starting to examine something on its logical base. The first thing that you have to do is to be sure about the language the logos of the right. You must be sure that you have a correct text, and if because it is an ancient text, you have to be sure that the translation is correct. Mmm. Probably I would never be occupied to make a new translation. If by examining all these translations, the main translations that exist, mainly English translation, they have in the most of the part they are similar. I mean, the meaning of the phrases of the sentences of the paragraph are quite similar. You have almost the same meaning, but in some specific paragraphs you had very large differences. And it was the same story in every translation. It was very easy to to make what that Okay, this is the part that I have to exactly because it was in antvert translation different from the end. Even with controversy, logic not only limited meanings but also might be the opposite meaning. So based on that, I decided that because there were a lot of differences, but I have to, I had to retranslate it from scratch from the beginning.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 3: The first thing that I saw when I had started translating the book Teams was the first one was a phrase from Teams that says they came out the Atlantians from the Atlantic Ocean. And you know, the translation has Greek or English and the Asian texts next to you. I see on the ancient text, and there was no Atlantic Ocean at all. It was named Atlantic Pelagos Greeks because since many thousand years BC they were Sephari people. They had characterized some seas with the special properties of the seed, so they knew what the ocean is. Ocean is anyway Greek, and every word has a specific translation. I means ocean means it's from the word of Kys, which means it's moving fast to the ocean. Then they had the word Pelagos, by the way, because I'm a sailor all the nautical charts that we have in the sea, the Greek maps, they're saying it's gan pelagov, i Onion, Pelagov, Libyan Pelagov, Egyptian pelago, Milton Pelagos that are around fourteen pelagi within the Mediterranean.
Speaker 2: Can Can you describe real quickly, George, what a pelagos is because you refer.
Speaker 3: To yes, pelago is rather yes, Pelagos is a rather small seed which embraces in a short distance because pelas means short distance. Agos is the embrace, so it's in a short distance braced area sea with islands, peninsulas, bases, et cetera. But small size, not big as and nosea okay. And there is another ancient word which is pondos. Pondos is larger sea than the pelagus. But again it's a difficult sea because usually it has a lot of currents from large rivers who are entering within pondos and create a lot of currents, and you have to make an effort with rowing or if you have sales, in order to pass through through the currents. And then is the term thallaca like Mediterranean were saying Mediterrannia Thallaca the Black Sea in Greece is not black sea is evcinos pondos which been means hospitable pondos mm hmm. And the GM pelag was of course and many other pala. There are also some other pondos smaller in size, like the area of was Pulus between the Europe and today Turkeys mine. This was a small size but has almost the same property. So this was the first mistake. Then there are there was a series of mistakes and also mistakes. Not only it's not a symbol, it's not just a translator mistake, it's also the interpretation mm hmm. So the translation of Financian text is very difficult task because you have to find out from the era of the writer and before the pre era of this writer, every word what can mean? Which is the exact meaning because the words are changing me and you have to have the correct explanation for the specific writer. But also you have to look in the past to see if there is some surprise, some very important note that you have to make a this work. So there was a case for one word work for two weeks, three weeks to find out the exact meaning. Wow, yeah, I have a huge collection from lexicons that to study the language from the very ancient archiical years. Also in the classical you are you are.
Speaker 4: You saying that find a very early Greek version or early decipherment of Greek language.
Speaker 2: You had to go way back.
Speaker 3: Yes, you have to examine, going back hundreds of years to be sure that you have you have the right word in your heads, the right explanation. So start to correct a lot of words within the text and also some phrases. Plato is exceptional right these things that he writes, especially in these books, because these books were written as long as he was in he was very old at the end of his life, and he was also invader of some words. He was constructive words. There is a book of later cartillos where Plato is playing with them and trying to transfer how every word can start to be designed and find the right meaning. Plato was very accurate word by word in all his books. He's very accurate without any mistakes in the language, or in the syntax, or in the drama. So and Athletics is also a book that has very accurate text through the centuries. We know for sure that this is a correct text. Okay. The first difficulty is to translate correct every word, every phrase, every paragraph the whole books Antimius andri Fears. But during this procedure, because you are searching for the logic of the text, the second step is to connect all these meanings and have a logic or correctly meaning of what the author wanted to write. This is a second part of the difficulty when you're translating an ancient text. The last part, the third part, which is something that someone could not proceed, is to find evidences that can fit in these descriptions, or to reject the lies and keep the real story. So with this procedure, suddenly starts to realize that there is a systematic method of writing a myth, not by any by players. Of course, the surprise was that when I have served a lot of find a lot of laws and actions within the text, I could apply them as it was in the Odissese. And it was a very huge surprise that it was very easy after that to find out what Omer wanted to write on his book. Because it's not only that you're already a different story. There is a hidden story in parts of the text under the text. Yeah, yeah, right about example.
Speaker 2: You write about this George. It's kind of like a learning tool in your Yes, can you talk real quickly?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, yes, I will tell you a few a few things about it. There is also a video in the Cubethodology of Mythology of the two thousand four. Yeah, it was my last conference presenting this methodology in the Club of the Philologists in Greece. So you know this, say, for example, is a myth with the oddiss who was traveling make twelve adventures, making twelve adventures lies of course, the most of a week with cyclopes with Lesligans, with such things, also with a visit in eighties in the underworld. Well, I took this myth because I like it. It's a masterpiece from the cultural side, from the narrative side. And finally under this myth, it's a hidden calendar. It's a hidden calendar, which is the first time that has been discovered a calendar written because it's written under the text, and you have the duration of the moon cycles of the sun, the duration of the days of the year, either the celestial or from the observer from the Earth, what disease and it's a very important information for that era. It is a strategic information so also there is a lot of inforformations, and there are always confirmations that this that we have read is correct. There is a method inside the text that if you have repetitions of this in the first statement, then you have a confirmation of the truth. Otherwise you reject the story. This is one in the same story of the visit of a disay in Edgies was also a description of the Orion constellation and its exact depiction on the surface of the moon. These things do not exist inside the text. You will never read it. But when you see the logic analysis of the text, finally you will see that you are in front of a new book. So there was many surprises. Same is happening in Plato. And Plato is not hiding that has copied the method from the homed because he has references to address you back there. But there are some differences. Let's say both myths have twelve logs are governed by twelve lords. Plato has also twelve actionios. But in no this say I found so far seventeen actions. The difference is the main difference is that Omer, when he likes to confirm it truth, repeats the phrase or the sentence as it is in another part of the book, and you have to keeping track all this God Plato, and depending from the size of the line or the first statement, who might sound incredible has the same proportion. Let's say if I say that of confirmations, so a very incredible statement might have three four confirmations, as a small importance statement might have one or two confirmations. Plato from the other side is doing the same thing, but has only one repetition. But she is not repeating the phrase or the setence. She's repeating the meaning that means you might have a very different settence in front of you, but the final meaning of the two sentences is exactly the same.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a short break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guests today George Sarantius coming to us from Greece and he is discussing his book Plato's Atlantis. We will be right back. My guest today is George Sarantidis. He is an engineer who has studied Plato's dialogues for many many years and written a book called Plato's Atlantis, where he describes where Plato actually places the fabled land of Atlantis. Okay, George, let me just stop you for a minute because I want to get this is very interesting because what you're telling me is that the Tomaeis and the Creedias are some kind of a mind puzzle that is being created to help the reader, I don't know, break through to the to the to the logical side of the material. And then here we are talking about Atlantis, but it's it's covered in all this. Uh you call them lies, you know. I wonder is this a way of classical Greek writing that were that?
Speaker 4: Were?
Speaker 2: I mean, did you find other examples of this?
Speaker 3: Yes? Of course this concern only the myths, and only the myths of Plato and Homer. Mm hm. I can apply them also in another mythological book Boom, which is the orphics. Uh. You have also many similarities there. So that means that a myth constructed by Plato or Omen is a very high scientific document. Nobody has understand so far that they could write in this special way a story because it's not the story by itself, but it's the whole bunch of stories that contain story, but you have to extract. And also, of course the philosophical meanings that every myth might have. Okay, don't forget. We must not forget that Plato was addressing only to make sure men. The students of Plato was not the children. The children or the tolesions had to be teached by other teachers, and Plato was taken from the high school, let's say, graduates, to give them the highest education. Also demand of Plato is to the most of his books, but especially in Tamous Sanctity years, is to give you a problem to solve, because according to the Platonic philosophy, the point is not to learn something, it's to study in death and provokes your logic always to find what is happening in this sentence, in the next meanning, in the next meanning, or it gives you split a lot of meanings and you have to combine them in one million. You have to have a memory that you needed, of course to learn something. But also you have to be in a lead when you're reading Plato, because he gives you an easy text and suddenly he increases is the difficulty of the degree of the difficulty, And if you are not in alert and you lose this important step of writing, you lost the meaning of the most important meaning that Plato wanted to trust.
Speaker 2: Let me stop you for a minute, of George, let me just stop you real quick. Would you say that in your study and translation of the Timius, that you would consider that Atlantics was well known at the time of Plato's life, that it was a common knowledge civilization.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was the knowledge of the work of Plato, not the Atlantis as a story, because usually this story who had to be studied by initiates or mature men who liked to be initiates. At the end, you know, Plato believed that the highest knowledge must belong to very high educated persons, but also good characters, because this knowledge could not split to share it with anybody, because the knowledge is power. This wasn't in absolutely difference with the Aristotelic method. Aristotle wanted all the knowledge that he had as a teacher could transfer it to his students without to take care to have let's say, a private school with private knowledges of that time. So I think it was the biggest difference between these two philosophers. You know, Aristotle was a student or later for almost twenty years, and I think this was their main different as philosophers. It was a different school, a different cult. So this was a story. But at the same time, with the progress of this methodology of mythology, which was filled up with surprises, huge surprises. But after that you would predict what you're going to find in front of you. If you understand the method then things are much easier. I have started to understand that something totally different is happening with the Atlantish story. Plato was giving totally different informations. That is that everybody knows from the traditional translations of job or tail or one hundred years ago, one hundred and fifty years ago, and the informations and the picture that we have is totally different. The second surprise, or second very important surprise, was the pillars of her I knew as almost all that the pillars of Heracles could be I think Gibraltar side, but this was not the case. Platoid describing a much different place for the pillars of Heraclis in Greece's Stella of Heracles. Stella is not pillars, it's not a calum anyway. It has a small part inside the book where he's giving the exact position of the pillars of Heracles. But it was so difficult to develop the whole logic of the text that I left it. It was the only part of the two books that I left it for the end. I wanted to be sure if I understood well or making a special effort. In the meanwhile, of course, I found the other philosophers, Greek philosophers who were giving also were giving a different direction of the Pilazo it like Aristota, by retranslating a text from a book of Aristo. Otherwise you have the same problem. So in all of the cases, the pillarsa Eracles were well located in the small cirties Pay, which is the gulf of ga base in Tuenis.
Speaker 2: The pillars of Hercules were in Tunisia.
Speaker 3: Between Tunisia and Libya is on the home of the Bay of Gabet, where there is a river, a Gabez river. So after that is giving a direction after you pass the philosophy erectly, which I know from other philosophers that it was four to five days trip with a boat traveling to west, that you're arriving at the edge of the Atlantis continent. Then by correcting some special words within the text and phrases you have in front of you. The picture of a semicycle continent island. Continent island is named something that is surrounded by water, any kind of water, but if it's a very large size, then you call it a condi also, and then he gives a direction. She's telling you to go on the middle distance of the two edges of this semi site to find a poros. Pors is a narrow canal, and this drives you. After you have passed an Atlantic Pondos, which is a difference inside Africa. And after passing a Poros, you are reaching in another Atlantic Pelagos. There are two pelagi Atlantic the same name. And then you are reaching an island which is at the end you you find out that it's a rhombic eye with the ratio one to four in almost the middle of this island. The Romic island describes the cycles the non cycles of the Atlantis, which are not three or four, they are five in total with a corrected text. And also there is no one canal. There are two canals from the descriptions. The second one is very interesting. I made the travel especially for this reason by Italia during that time, and all these I mean, the the cycles are within the Erobic Island, the Robic Island is within the island continent of Atlantis. And all these are in the same are in the middle of the either on the length or and the breath for the while. Yet Okay, when I was writing this, translating the text, I said, okay, this is impossible to have such a case in planet Earth or in the galaxy or I don't know how many galaxies exist, because it's out of any equazy days, I inform you that everything is according exactly this that I tell you. I just told is the middle distance in the continent in the Rhobic Islands, and there are the five circles, there are two canals, and all the measurements are in agreement with the declination of one to five percent ending what you're looking for. Ah, and say, it's also that the island, the Rumbic Island, targets the pillars of Heracles, and this indeed happens as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, we need to tell people, We need to tell people that you are referring to western Africa.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is not all the western.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not an island in the Atlantic Ocean. It's not off off of Spain, the Azores. It is the land mass known as Western Africa.
Speaker 3: If you see the west part of Africa, it's like a semicyite. The edges are specified at the north at the grounds of Gabees where the pilars of Erectlis, where the south edge is the exit of the Digular river, and the middle where the strikes are are in maritime. The rest area as his name. So this is out of any coincidence mathematically that could match this text with this geographical description, but it agrees.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That's why I was absolutely sure that I had a correct text. Yeah, because everything was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Plato talks about a horrific destruct and that the landform was was submerged. Ah, how do we how do we explain that? Is that more of the myth and what really happened was a massive tsunami that destroyed the.
Speaker 3: Area that was there is another serious mistake of the translator. Two things happened. When Plato describes that the Athenian army went to Atlantis for the final body, Suddenly and a very large earthquake took place. The army of the Athenians were buried, was buried under the ground, and then the all the translations referred that the Atlantic continent sank. Right, This is a huge mistake because the word that Plato uses, it's a special word which might mean either cover or sank. If you examine the seed rex there is a special condition named poetic cause in English there is as an as a grammatical statement when the energy of everb returns to itself has another meaning that the energy of the verb goes to a subject. So the translators may correct translate that the army the Greek garment was buried under al But it was mistaken trust lay that the Atlantis continent sank because they could not imagine that the sea was covering the continent. But here exists also another mistake. It was not the continent that was covered by sea, neither the RONGB type. It was only the cycles in the middle of the wrong type, which is very easily to announce. To imagine how that happened, he describes any way where the wave was produced by liquefaction. There he's using his and the word that Plato has constructed is giving says a word is on man was produced by Plato to describe that is a situation under a network that the sand is losing the connectivity and creates the liquefaction. So see not so many mistakes in a number, but the very important mistakes which reorganize the thoughts around the Atlantic story. So whatever has been written so far, whatever has been presented so far about that is based on a wrong translation.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And these translation is one hundred percent part okay in both of the books.
Speaker 2: Tell us about what we have discovered, because we since this movie The Lattice Puzzle came out and your work has been published, a number of people and researchers have used satellite imagery to discover this one part of this western African plane with circular as Plato described it, circular geology. You know. In fact, there's one guy who said that he found the main canal that Plato describes that leads from the Atlantis Atlantic Ocean all the way into the middle of this these concentric rings talk about that.
Speaker 3: Firstly, sem possible to find a canal from the Atlantic Ocean because there is no connection with the Atlantic Ocean atolly, even the Atlantic Ocean shatrounds or the worst part of the Africa and of Atlantis bond in Iceland bonding. We are talking about seas in the east side part of Africa. Everything that is happening there or happened there was the inside part of the continent, not the outside to the athletic Ossian no connection at all. The area is higher around four hundred and forty meters four hundred and twenty meters over the today level of the ocean, and there is no direct exit or entrance to the oceanel from the ocean. Everything has happened on the inside part. All the descriptions of Plato concerned the inside part of Africa. And of course, because a lot of people have been produced reader videos or books with this area, describing this area, I must say that all of them they made a critical mistake. Okay, never they have referred in my findings in this vibor. But everybody was trying to give his own explanation of the story. But you don't need to do it, because the translates refers in everything as every tiny detail inside there about the whole story of the Atlantics. And of course a couple of playerists are uncovered because they are describing an island, continent, an island, and a capital city. There is no translation to refer in these three different Attlantics only. My translation is a refer about but because they are not familiar with Plato or with the ancient text in general, they made this simply mistake. And it's not the only one. There are lot of mistake, but this is a very obviecus mistake, so that since the story in Cliff, it was a very big surprise. It was a very difficult task. It took me many years of research. I think I was from the first who have studied all the climatic changes within the Africa concerning this part of the Africa, the west side where the eyelight quandine that exist. And in order to find out all these details from the few informations which existing during that time, it was not easy. Even from Google, you could not find a lot of informations. The computers were very slow during that time. The pictures or the screens have low resolution. Yeah, it was very primitive. Let's say for such selves all this hardwood. Yeah, and so we're.
Speaker 2: Going to take a commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, author research investigator George Sarantides coming to us from Greece, and he is describing his newest book, Plato's Atlantis, will be right back. We're featuring George Sarantius, the author of Plato's Atlantis.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: He's featured in the Atlantis Puzzle, which was hosted by Jack Kelly, and we're getting a sense of exactly what his research is leading to and the details of the true location of the fabled land of Atlantis. In the documentary tree, what has explained is at the time of Atlantis' high height as a developed nation, where they were was considered green sahara or a very lush and a cultivated green area, not what it looks like now, and would have been able to sustain life much greater than it does now. Talk about that.
Speaker 3: Publica I exist inside the book where they have located, where there is water under the sun and in which depth. In some areas you have water five meters under the surface, in some other areas fifty meters under the set. But the quantities of the world are normals. Just imagine that Kadaffi thirty years ago, except for oil, he was drilling to find some areas underground which contained a lot of water. Because there is a lack of water in Liby in general, they found so much water that have constructed a network of pipes around thirteen to fifteen feet in diameter to carry enormous quantities billion liters per day. They can carry to all the cities of Liby. And so it was not only the black gold the oil that they have found. They found also another girl, which is the water. And this water has an age of ten thousand years.
Speaker 2: And it's underground aquifers that are supplying as.
Speaker 3: Well aqua fires aquifers here. So after all this adventure start to make sense some other stories. For instance, there was a Greek explorer captain with his ship. It was not Befairs from Marseille who was traveling systematically to England to bring zinc fourteen to Greece from Marseille. Arseille was a Greek colony in France. It was also a femalist, another famous seafarer whose book we don't have the book, but we have descriptions from other philosophers who have copies partially some parts of his storage. And he was describing some areas which was impossible to fit in the then knowledge that we have about Africa. As soon I found this way to travel inside that it has fit absolutely to history, and according to the descriptions, he had reached up to the Lake Chad, which is some thousand miles away from the Gulf of Gabage. Also it has explained, you know when the Romans will Skipion. The general Escapion went and destroy Carthage. He visited the largest temple who was donated to the Jews of the Carthaginians, Valve I think was the name. Together with him he had an historian, a Greek historian Polybius. He's very famous, very well known, who was writing all the expedition of the Roman arby and they found a plaque still inside the temple which describes the first expedition of the Cafeginians to find an established colonists somewhere. So far, everybody was trying to explain this by try around Africa on the outside of the Atlantic ocean side, but it was not fitting at all. Now it was fitting perfectly inside the Africa. Another surprise was that trying to study in detail the stories of Herodotus, because Erodotus, the father of history, was walking all the descriptions he is giving on his books, has walked in all these directories. By exploring all these areas, and I made also some corrections there in his description. The most impressive was one word from this word comes out that Libya was a peninsula. If you look Libya today, it's not peninsula, it's just an issue next to the Mediterranean Sea. But during that time it was a peninsula, so.
Speaker 2: The rivers were much much bigger. And the time of Heroditus is what you're.
Speaker 3: Saying, yes, yes, Because after that I had explained three circumnavigations of Africa, who again have many black spots on the explanations when they were trying to place the boats and deciptions around these guys. Persians during that time have passed inside Africa. But the second mission that they made could not pass because the level of the water was low and the ships could not pass and they had to return. I want to to say that with this explanation, I have a fantastic tool, which is the methodology of mythology. We have the pillars of Heracles, who will correct a lot of things in their history, because in Gibraltar the pillars of Heracles were specified in the Romance which is after the third century Busy and No. And then we have the explanation of the three circum navigations of Africa, the Libyan Peninsula another surprise, and there are also other information. I'm telling you just the shadders. Yeah, we uh and let them work with this, not in my life, I believe, because it will present a lot of new information and the people can find now many other things that other researchers were searching for years and that we're not explaining many things. Now they have the base to make a correct an analysis.
Speaker 2: When when we started that, George, when we started at the very beginning, before we started the interview, I mentioned to you that there have been some expeditions to this area that has concentric geological rings, and yes, no one has found temples or foundations of any kind of You said, it's not possible, because why.
Speaker 3: It's not possible, because the surface of every ring is very narrow, depends two hundred and three hundred meters, it's very sallow, it's very close to the sea level. If a tsunami will come have sweeped everything, nothing can standing anam of that size that took place during that time. And not only that, a tsunami through a sand area is producing a lot of mud. That means the density of the tsunami. It's enormous. It's very much more dense, much more dense than just what that means. Any construction will disappear in front of such a way. And it's not only one way a tsunami. There are several waves coming. So but I believe there are other very interesting things that we can find. Okay, a confirmation might be within this area, which is very large area. It's forty almost fort kilometers radios. We might find split here and there stones from their construction. Of course, because I had some such conversation with several people who took me at phone, send me email, and they are looking to find God the such things. This is not possible to find gold or copper and the size that Plato describes, because what is happening Plato in side timags describes a very real story, but it's a small part of the story. In critias has very impressive descriptions with huge constructions of temples, metals, ships. I think this part is exaggerated on the mythological side of the story. So there is a real story that we have to concentrate, and the false story, which is fairy take but atlant is worse, exists indeed, this is for sure.
Speaker 2: So a country that's that big, wouldn't they have satellites or other small city locations up and down the coast of Africa or present day Africa. I mean, it's funny because you're talking about the location being in West Africa and it's so close to Cairo. Are we confusing the Egyptians for the.
Speaker 3: It's not close at all? Well, so we're a big distance. Yeah, it's the edge of the continent from magip might be one thousand, seven hundred kilometers, yes, eight. Now the middle of the continent might be three thousand kilometers, So the distance are huge. But I believe must exist some ruins on the rhombicale in some areas of the Romic area. But you know, the whole territory has been very fairly excavated or make any geological research because there were not such important information about an ancient, very ancient civilization deserve. So the most of the informations that we have are just a few. It's not detailed area like the Egit or Ethiopia to analyze it, and I can say it's not an easy also area to go because you don't have roads if you would like to take the car and go somewhere else. I was trying, although I had the GPS with me. You can be isolated somewhere and there's no way to come back after they have to take you with an helicopter take you back. Yeah, there is no road. But when we are saying there's no road, stop desert, it's a mountain set. You have to follow the track with the accuracy of one to three meters, let's say, to follow up your road tracks to return. And of course you will not find gas, you will not find water, you will not find the supplies or anything, neither communication. I had the satellite phone and during your time in order to be able to ask for help. I it wasn't necessary. But after that I did the risk because I had also other people, me Mariitonians in the mission and didn't want to have any risks to them, especially to them, but also for myself.
Speaker 2: In the In the documentary that Jack Kelly produced the Atlantis Puzzle, he says that and according to your research, that the Lantinians lived during the Holocene period, which is it ended roughly twelve thousand years ago, but it could be you know, Holo scene is over one hundred thousand years in the past. Is it your belief that the Atlantinians were extremely old, that their inception period was maybe a eighty ninety one hundred thousand years ago.
Speaker 3: So well, it's the first time that we have evidences, at least historical evidences, that there was a civilization during that time. After that, the archaeological work has to take place to certify it was indeed that the civilization, but this was that called I've lost. Now, in order to to find if there were people during that time, you need a combined work from several sciences. This is one second, you need a very organized mission because, as I told you before, there is nothing in these areas. Another important thing is that there are problems, especially during that time, where realized problems with other nations, et cetera. At north of the result of the aerobic island in my area, at the borders with another country, it was not easy to decide to make an expedition there that time. Now. Of concerningly the Old King that you said, the Old King officially starts on the ten thousand, busy before the only we have the Plaisto k period, which starts before the one hundred thousand BC reaches up to ten thousand BC. But this change of periods of geological periods our very characteristic, and we have the story exactly at the borders of these two climatic changes. M it's exactly on the border lane on the ten to eleven thousand BC. And then we have the Olok which was stabilized let's say around the five six thousand BC up to the today has small differences. We don't have so many atrocities of the world, either with class years or huge floods, although have started some floods the last years because we have an increasement or the temperature flood And you know, all these are described by the Egyptian priests when he describes a client of that era to soldon. If you read carefully what the priest was saying, of course, in addition with the correct translation, then you realize that if you have today this priest next to year, you could have a very very active discussion to pass the climate of a long period of the human like another thing, concert they travels with the ships, the boats, the boats who was a necessity during that time. You had no roads. You could not pass very easily from every area that you like to pass. You might have a river there is no bridge pass, might be a canyon you don't have a tunnel to pass, might be habited by other civilizations who might be aggressive against you. With the boat, things are very simple. That's why the last years in Greece they have discovered a lot of critical details with shows that the travels with a boat is the very old case. In Critle Let's say island, which is what was never joined in the last million years. With the land, they found evidences of people one hundred and thirty thousand years ago. That means they have reached there with boats. And we are not talking about canoes because in a GM you cannot travel with a canoe without the danger to lose your leg. Same also with the story of the obsidian there is an island in the middle of a GM named Milblos. They have two different minds for obsidian, you know, which produce tools or weapons. And these obsidian tools were very useful to make anything you like to cut, like to use it as an x, as a saw or as a knife. And we have educations that from evidences in caves, because there are many caves in Greece, we have evidences that they have started to habitant in these caves and have tools from around twenty five thousand years ago and the systematically thirteen thousand DearS mm hmm. From the thirteen thousand BC, the Obsivian was splitted around the Aegean mainland and the islands. That means the travels by boat was systematically. What's taking place within the agent pelagus or a gen c? What are you like?
Speaker 2: Fantastic? My guest today has been George Sarantetius is this last name. He is the author of la Plato's Atlantis Decoding, the most famous myth, and he is the featured guest on in that movie the Atlantice Puzzle that we you can see on YouTube, but you also can see if you go to the Atlantis Puzzle dot com you can see the unedited version of the version that doesn't have advertising. So, George, how can people get more information from you? What's your web address and what's your social media contacts?
Speaker 3: The same Plato project one word Plato project that g R. Greace and my email if somebody would like to conduct for any reason is Saraan Titis n t I t I is sis zero one at gmail com. Dot Com Gmail.
Speaker 2: Right as we conclude, George, what would you like to see happen in the next say, five or ten years. That kind of proves the fact that Atlantis is where you say it is.
Speaker 3: I think things are not so easy there. It's not This area is not like to be somewhere in Europe or in the United States. You are missing a lot of things, and you have to be careful about many things, as let's say, to be vaccine from malaria, to be protected, what you drink, because we have forgot to drink a little bit contaminated water. We need very clean water. So there are a lot of things that makes a little bit difficult the simple missions there. Now, if somebody goes there from curiosity, I don't think that we'll see a lot of things because there is no I mean, in the cycles, you don't have something to do or to dig to dig where if a wave comes and this destroys destroyer house over temple, the stones might have gone kilometers from there or buried somewhere else. We are not talking about a smaller future. You can realize the circles only by a plane if it's quite high. So I don't think Okay, back from curiosity. Somebody can travel but has nothing to do. Hmm, there's nothing needs a very organized mission to go and find something. But at least from my side, I believe that historically the Atlantic issue has been solved because I know all these things that we have discussed the last hour. Yeah, now I had the text that went and find the depiction on the ground. This was impossible to take place if something was wrong or wrong or half rog or half true. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just of the mind, George, that I would love to see like a sculpture found there in that area, or somebody is using a satellite and they're looking for geological formations or whatever, and all of a sudden they found they find that the roof of a temple.
Speaker 5: Those when you when you when we understand that Atlantis was, you know, populated with millions of people, you would think that there would be some remains, even even under the uh ruinous wave action of a tsunami. There there should be something that we can see.
Speaker 3: But there is, but I cannot that now.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna have to have you back, all right, George Sertis, thank you very much. We look forward to uh more information coming from you. You don't look like you're you're settled, like you're gonna not your your adventure is continuing. I think.
Speaker 3: Yes, as long I can walk. Because let's say I was ready for an expedition again two years ago and I had an accident and I could not work for more than a year. Oh my god. Now I'm now I can work, not perfectly yet I can't. So there are a lot of things I know. So my age, I'm not thirty years ago. Yeah. When I started this adventure, I was fifty. Now I'm seventy one. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know the feeling. George, thank you very much for your time, and I really appreciate the work you've done.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Cliff was nice to talk about it. I wish you a good success in your stories and in your work.
Speaker 2: I think this interview with George Sarantidis leaves us with more questions than it answers. And I am thinking, you know, I acknowledge the powerful force of a tsunami because my theory is that the Yucatan Peninsula suffer numerous tsunamis. In fact, there are showing geologically that they've been passing over that part of Mexico. For hundreds of thousands of years. But in the face of Tsunamis, we have the remains of buildings. We have what they call the ruins of my civilization. Now, when you look at the photographs that are left when they first start excavating places like Ushmahl, chichen Itza and Mayapan, what we have is buildings that are devastated. In many cases, these buildings are covered up and only portions of them are showing on the surface. But we still have buildings. And I don't see and I haven't seen any evidence of buildings in this area that George is telling us is the remains of Atlantis. Now, if it's true that you know, this is a civilization from the last epoch, the Holesaye period, what eleven twelve thousand years ago, then that's still not enough for the level of devastation that he's suggesting. And I don't know. I haven't followed the other researchers that have gone out there to that part of western Africa and really surveyed the area. I don't know of anyone who's really used some high tech like scanning, satellite imagery and things like that to review that area to see, you know what could possibly be there that is evidence of buildings. The rings, the geological rings are a big one for me. I think that's a big plus in favor of it being Atlantis. But remember twenty five miles A twenty five miles circumference, that's not very big. I would think it should be several hundred miles, if not bigger, the gigantic rings that supported multiple buildings, pyramids and temples, because the Atlantinians are known as or thought of as pyramid builders. There's just not enough evidence. And I'm not saying that this area of West Africa is not the evidence of Atlantis. I just want to see more. I want to see some artifacts. So I don't know. I mean, what George presents is very compelling. I think it's fantastic that he reinterpreted these documents that Plato wrote, these dialogues are known as, and transcribed them in Greek and really came up with a whole different story. What's even more amazing is that during this time, when Plato was alive, they were doing these mind games. These these you know, these are upper level intellectual pursuits where you write a story and then you change the tense, you change the character, you add hints and and so you read and then you have to translate what's being written. It's like, why why was that so important?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And what I if I had had more time, what I'd would have also asked George is what are the references? What are the other examples of that type of writing? So it's just very challenging, very very challenging. But I appreciate him coming on the program. And I will be posting some photographs on Facebook from his book Plato's Atlantis, because some of the photographs are really really cool and present a different look at where Atlanta's where Atlanta's was located, So be sure to check out that. The documentary, it's very well done. If you remember Jack Kelly, I mean I think he paid for most of it out of his own pocket, but we had him on because we wanted to promote. So if you want to see The Atlanti's Puzzle, the documentary, you can go to for free. You can go to YouTube and just protect that it'll come up. If you want to see commercial free version of go to the Atlantispuzzle dot com and I think it is available right when you when you click it, right when you go into the first homepage. So I liked it. It was very well done and it leaves us with us a lot with a lot more questions about the fabled land of Atlantis. So I hope you enjoyed that. Hey, if you're enjoying Earth Ancients, Destiny and Earth Ancients Special Edition the Archives, please consider becoming a subscriber for as little as five dollars a month. You can support the work we do here on this podcast each week, and you know we have an overhead to cover, and your subscription of five, ten, fifteen, even twenty dollars a month makes a huge difference. To become a subscriber, go to patreon dot com, forward slash Earth Ancients and you can sit. You can send everything up through a credit card or an ATM every month that automatically is deducted. You don't have to even think about it. We have a ton of thank you gifts. In fact, uh, it's funny because I realized that we actually have a library that you can download of best selling authors, some of the top ancient civilization authors that we've had on the program, research investigators. All yours for as a thank you for joining us and becoming a subscriber on Earth Ancients again. For more information, go to Patreon that's p A t R e o N dot com, forward slash Earth Ancients and subscribe. I really appreciate it, all right? Does it for this program? I want to think My guest today, George garantetis as always the team of Gail tour Mark Foster and everyone who makes this thing happen. You guys rock all right, take care of you well and we will talk to you next time.
Speaker 1: Two building to give me them and