Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by La Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talking like Back, David Vasse.
Speaker 2: We are live at Truce Park in Atlanta. After the Dodgers come from behind to beat the Braves nine to two. Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vasse Live until eight thirty from Atlanta at eight six six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. What a win for the Dodgers, A big one. They needed this one. And as I told you last night, and I doubled down with these non believers in the press box, I had a good feeling about Walker Bueller tonight. I just felt like at some point he's got to realize that he needs to evolve as a starting pitcher. It is crunch time. There is no more I'm trying to figure it out. No, this is the time for Walker Buehler to become Walker Buehler again. And he was really good tonight. It was a little rocky in the third inning, no doubt about it. It was definitely nervous time there because that game could have got away from him. But he hung in there after the catcher's interference and a couple of walks, he loaded the bases. But in that third inning, Walker Buehler only gave up two runs. It could have been a lot worse. Orlando Arcia just missed hitting a grand slam, but Mookie Betts was able to play perfectly and be there to catch it at the wall in right center field. But nonetheless, after that third inning, Walker Buehler really got into a groove. He retired nine of the last ten he faced, and he only threw twenty seven pitches in those final three innings, and that was really encouraging, and especially after Landon Knack and Jack Flaherty combined to only give the Dogs five innings from their first two starters in this series. For Walker Buehler to go six innings and to pitch as well as he did, that was huge for the Dodgers. It was equally as big as Mookie Bets hit in the ninth inning, You know it would have been. I would not have said that was a consolation prize if Walker Buehler would have gone six innings and pitched the way he did tonight. But the Dodgers lost at this point in time. The Dodgers need to start getting some wins and taking care of business, and tonight they finally were able to break through in the ninth inning and get a much needed win. Because it's still a race. I know many of you think they have this sewn up. I personally believe they are going to win this division, but it's not going to be by more than five games. They're only three and a half games ahead of the Padres, who are coming to Dodgers Stadium next week for a three game series. The Diamondbacks are out of it, five games back of the Dodgers, and the Dodgers' magic number now is ten to clinch the NL West. It looks like that'll happen on the next homestand but they've got to continue to build off tonight. I fully expect Yamamoto to pitch well against this anemic Brays offense. I could see Yamamoto going five innings if he's efficient, maybe six, but at the very least five innings for Yamamoto, and the Dodgers are going to have their hands full with Max Fried, who always seems to pitch well against the Dodgers, So it's not going to be easy to score runs. But they're going to have to find a way because I fully expect Yamamoto to pitch well. Eight sixty six nine to eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's hear from Mooki Betts who came up big yet again. Brian Snicker and Ron Washington intentionally walked sho Hey Otani within the last couple of weeks to face Mookie Betts in Anaheim. Mook He made Washington pay with a three run home run. Tonight, Mooki paid Snicker pay with a base hit to break the tie with two outs after he intentionally walked show Hey Otani. Here was Mooki after the game on ESPN.
Speaker 3: Ah, that was that was really amazing. We just kind of passed baton to each other, we trusting each other.
Speaker 4: As a good game.
Speaker 3: But we fought to the end and finally broke through. I mean, I understand, man, I wouldn't want to pitch the Otani either, and so so I just know it's it's my time. It's my time. I got to you know, they paid me pretty good to come through in spots like that, and so I'm fortunate enough to get him, and fortunately I came through twice.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mookie Bets has come back more than twice. He's come through quite a bit this season with runners in scoring position. And that's why, you know, a couple of weeks ago I said I was wrong about this flip flop of Otani and Bets from the lead off to the two hole. It makes so much more since with Otani being aggressive as a base dealer to be leading off and to have that thunder at that spot in the lineup, and also with Mookie Betts being as good as he has been this year with runners in scoring position. He's now three ninety three hitting three ninety three with runners in scoring position this season with an ops of eleven forty five. That's a recipe for success. And I'm not sure these opposing managers are looking at that when they decide to walk Otani in front of Muki. I'm not sure they realize how clutch Mookie Betts has been all season long. Otani was clutch himself tonight, especially in the seventh inning where he was down two in the top of the seventh inning to Dylan Lee, the left handed Braves reliever, it seemed like Otani was trying to swing for the moon on those first two swings. He did not get short changed. And then they try to go with a slider down and away. That's the recipe, that's the scatter report. Fastballs in on the hands on Otani and then to strike him out you throw him soft away. Well, O'tani was able to get anticipated number one, number two, be able to get some wood on the ball and find some grass and right field to tie the score in the seventh inning. Will Smith coming into this game in the third inning because Austin Barnes had to leave with a big left toe contusion. That's the same toe that put him on the il that was fractured in Saint Louis. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Huntington Beach. Mark. You're on Dodger Talk. Hi, Mark, Hey David.
Speaker 5: I was gonna call you back when I was listening to.
Speaker 6: The game and we're.
Speaker 5: Losing, and then you know, we tied it up. But then I thought, you know, we're gonna lose this game too, and then they had that magnificent ninth inning. But like I told your screener, I said, I'm from the old days in Dodger Stadium, Lotfield Pavilion, where big bets always beat good pitching. And I gave him the example I watched Pete Rose many a time hit balls that were really that balls, and he just get hit singles, doubles and all that drive the pitcher's nuts because they knew just pitching him a strike wasn't going to do it. So my whole theory is, if you have better bets than the big bats that can hit, the pitching will lower the score, but you'll still win the game. And then I got one more question for you. Is there any league rules that say they have to show Otani practicing pitching? Does Dave Roberts have an ace up his sleeve like he might use Otani in the playoffs for pitching.
Speaker 2: Well, that's been the buzz the last couple of days. Mark and Casey missed it. We've been talking about it on the show the last couple of nights. I was told yesterday the chance of Otani pitching in a playoff game is at one percent. And I also have been told that the Dodgers are going to have a conversation with Andrew Friedman, Brandon Homes and the brain trust to decide whether or not they may change their plans about Otani shutting down his throwing program once the regular season ends, So we'll see where it goes. Mark, But I'm talking to Japanese reporters as well. They say Otani would want the big stage. He wouldn't be trying to rush to come back to pitch in an NLDS game or even an NLCS game. It would be the World Series stage that the Dodgers would have a calculated risk to throw Otani.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, well, like I said, but is there any league rules that they have to display him practicing or can they do it quote unquote in secret?
Speaker 2: Now he throws bullpen sessions before games. He's done it six times and the Japanese media watches it all the time. If you check my instagram at officially vast say, you'll see the video two.
Speaker 5: Okay, But like I say, big bets will win the World Series over good pitch my.
Speaker 2: Opinion, I've never heard that in my life. It's usually good pitching beats good hitting. But okay, Mark, thanks for a phone call. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. He used the example of Pete Rose who's the hit king, the guy that has the most hits of any other player. You can't say that anyway. The good ones always find a way, and Otani's a really good one. I appreciate the phone call, Mark eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. We have two lines open. Before we go back to the phone calls, I want to shine a light on Walker Buehler, who was really good tonight using seven different pitches, but then really started to hone in on the ones that he had feel four. He threw more sinkers than any other pitch tonight and also was able to use his curveball to compliment his fastball. So it was a good night for Walker Buehler. And it seemed like he was experimenting with that sweeper early in the game, and he threw ten of ten of those. And he also is using his cutter cutters to not only lefties, but also cutters to righty So I like the way he was pitching. He wasn't just trying to bully with the fastball. And you saw that Walker Bueller swagger tonight when he barked at wit Meryfield, who was obviously he was hit on the head last week. But tonight the pitch up in the strike zone in the third inning that wasn't even inside, It wasn't even close to his head. It was just eye level. And I love that Bueller told him to just go back to the dugout. That's the Walker Buehler that we know, and that was a great sign. I've been telling you When Walker Buehler is chirping in the clubhouse before starts, then you know he has his confidence. I wasn't sure today, but for some reason I just had a feeling against this lineup that Walker Buehler was going to give the Dodgers five. He did more than that. He went six innings tonight and allow just one run. Let's head downstairs to the Dodger clubhouse to hear from Walker Buehler.
Speaker 7: What was the difference between the first three innings and the last three innings.
Speaker 2: You seem to be almost, I mean much more.
Speaker 8: Successful, not a ton honestly.
Speaker 9: You know, it's a really talented team, good team over there, and I thought I made some pitches.
Speaker 8: It's just like barely off, barely off, barely off.
Speaker 9: And you know, I've kind of talked about in the playoffs before this not being the playoffs, but for me, it kind of feels like that at this point, and to me.
Speaker 8: The walk is.
Speaker 9: Way less of a negative and in playoff or big game scenarios, just because I think it doesn't create as much momentum and I'm just trying not to give in and make the pitches that I wanted to make, and then third time through last three innings, you know, a couple first pitch outs and in early outs and three pitch punch outs and so kind of get rolling and feel good about it.
Speaker 8: So, yeah, that's kind of about it.
Speaker 7: Did you get frustrated and at the third inning by things that are out of your control like the defense behind you, like the catch interference those kind of things.
Speaker 8: No, I mean, at some point, like.
Speaker 9: Every guy on the field and on our team has been frustrated with the way I've thrown the ball, and and so that stuff happened.
Speaker 8: That's baseball.
Speaker 9: Nobody's nobody on our team right now is playing till lose, right or we want to win and we want to stay sharp, and baseball happens, and it's a weird, weird environment. We you know, haven't played goods the past two days. And yeah, I think it says a lot about our team at the end of that game and kind of not settling for for a two round lead or whatever.
Speaker 8: And kind of plumbing it on. So I think it's a really big one.
Speaker 10: For us before being able to get out of that third inning jam without with only game of the two roads, Like what's nights where due for you beingles were propelled up forward?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've got some bad memories of jams here in this park. But two runs, you know, I don't feel super great about. But it felt kind of like we minimize it in some way and you know, start creating a little momentum after that, and hopefully, you know, that momentum helped our team later in the game.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I think it's a big win.
Speaker 10: However, you kind of want to look at it when when you talk about like treating this like a playoff game and understanding like the oerformance is what matters right now when you have an anything like that, is it easier to look at it as like, Okay, I limited the damage, just kind of move on and like compete through the rest of the outing as much as you can.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's I think it's hard to explain to people that don't play that there's like walking a guy or making a throw that is like the correct miss or just just miss it the way you wanted to or whatever, and as opposed to like I don't know why that ball went there, and I think largely tonight it I felt the misses were kind of what I wanted to do, maybe just too much or too little or whatever, but it was kind of in the right lanes for me at least mentally.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I mean, that's that's what you wanted.
Speaker 9: And that's that's what we always talk about feel or command or whatever.
Speaker 8: It's it's not necessarily throwing every pitch exactly where.
Speaker 9: You want, but it's it's doing the right things at the right times and and kind of being able to dictate what them ball does.
Speaker 8: I think is the biggest thing.
Speaker 9: Dave Kinds talked about, like a dressing the team before the games, just about still a good team, like obviously probably something for our team to keep within ourselves.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Walker Bueller. Yes, Dave Roberts did address the team before today's game. We'll get to that coming up in our next segment, and also we'll get to more phone calls at eight six, six, nine, eight, seven, two five seventy. I love what Walker Buehler I had to say right there. Even though he was missing on the edges in that third inning, he knew where the pitch was going. It's not like he was a erratic. He was just missing a little bit off the edges. And that's encouraging because it seemed like in other previous starts he had no idea where the ball was going. But tonight he had command of where he was pitching the baseball, whether it was the cutter, the sweeper, the four seamer. He was more confident in his pitches, and I thought, you know, Walker Buehler made a huge statement tonight, and as he used to do, he came up big for the Dodgers when they needed him the most. After those first two games here in Atlanta, they needed that kind of start from Walker Buehler, and after the news that Tyler Glass now is out for the rest of the year, they needed that from Walker Buehler because right now, after you saw that game, you're thinking Jack Flaherty, you're thinking Yamamoto, and now Walker Buehler is starting to solidify, at least after tonight. Number three starter for you in the postseason, at least in my mind. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. I told you Bueler was gonna throw five. I told you this Dodger offense was going to score runs. I'm telling you tomorrow Yamamoto is going to do the same. Will the Dodgers score a lot of runs tomorrow? Max Freed is on the mound, get him out early and get to this Braves bullpen. Dodgers tonight beat the Braves in Game three of the four game series, nine to two on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy, LA sports dot com, and available my podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger Talk with David Massan.
Speaker 10: We'll just did a number here with two outs in the top of the month, said tey Oscar Hey Phelps want tap.
Speaker 2: To left center failed, bestball, heading back.
Speaker 6: Run.
Speaker 5: Ty Oscar Hernandez a two run shot been a seven to two Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Ta Oscar Hernandez with the first of three consecutive home runs for the Dodgers in the ninth inning, where they scored seven runs to go on to beat the Braves nine to two. David Vase live at Truest Park Dodger Talk with you until eight thirty tonight. Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniel's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. You know, a big play in this game, or two big plays that nobody's really talking about that much. Obviously, Mookie bets coming up big with Bryan Snick deciding to intentionally walk show Hey Otani with two outs in the ninth inning, but a couple of plays before that, you know when O'tani drove in the tying run. That came in the form of Will Smith, who did not start tonight's game, but came into it in the third inning after Austin Barnes reaggravated that big left toe and Will Smith was facing the Braves left handed reliever Dylan Lee in that seventh inning, and Dylan Lee let the pitch clock expire twice to walk Smith, and Smith came around to score the tying run on O'tani's second double of the game. So that was a huge pivotal play. And also how about Michael Kopek got himself into into some trouble in that eighth inning and then cranked up the velocity to one hundred one oh one and was able to retire the Braves in order after there were runners in scoring position. And Freddie free Men even told us after the game that was a huge momentum swing and really fired up that Dodger dugout. Freddy came up big with a two run base hit after Mookie broke the tie, and Freddie even told us it's Charlie, Charlie Freeman's birthday, So the Dodgers get a win in Atlanta on Charlie Freeman's birthday. So happy birthday, Charlie. Let's go back out to the phones. Tim in Long Beach, you're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse.
Speaker 11: Hey, how's it going, Dave? Huge shut in arm with Walker Buehler. I mean, this is such a relief with the rotation being in tatters, with Squass now going down with Miller struggling. I've always been a huge, huge Walker Buehler fan. Everyone talks about his stuff and his swagger and his confidence. I'm really impressed with how smart he is listening to him and interviews. I remember a couple of years ago when they had Gavin Lucks from the left field and one of the media members kind of baited him a little bit because he flubbed a play and feeler. You know, he went to bat for his guy there, and he came to the fence and he has those really thoughtful boys responses. I think the Dodgers should sign him even like in a show, any kind of contract, maybe a one or two year with opt outs or whatever. Wonder what your thoughts are chances of them bringing him back even if he does like you know, two steps forward, one step back kind of thing like he's been doing. I'm also wondering why they've been sitting Gavin lux and lastly, what's up with Glass now? They make it seem like maybe his future with the Dodgers is in question. Thanks so much, Dave.
Speaker 2: Well, His future is not in question, Tim, He's under contract for four more years, so the only question is is how severe is his right elbow sprain. I looked it up. Tanaka with the Yankees a few years back had a similar situation. I obviously don't know the extent of glass Now's injury. They have been very vague when it comes to that, but nonetheless, his season is pretty much over. I wouldn't expect to see him again. He even left Atlanta and Dave Roberts had no idea where he went, so basically he's left the team now and is going to try to work towards how to get this resolved before spring training next year. But Tanaka went through some PRP injections to get the blood healing going and was out for six weeks. Obviously, at this point in time in the season, six weeks the season is over, so hopefully he can get the elbow healthy enough for the start of spring training, and it seems like the Dodgers are confident about that. But there's still this season and they want to win the World Series this year, so basically, glass Now is a non factor the rest of the way. And as far as lux goes, the Dodgers have seen a lot of lefties lately, and that's the reason why Lux has been sitting. Dave Roberts has been trying to keep Chris Taylor and Keiky Hernandez relevant, but maybe in the process cooled Gavin Lux off because he was really on fire until the Dodgers start to see these strings of lefties. But nonetheless, Taylor and keyk are going to be on this postseason roster and they want to keep them relevant, and Lux was in there tonight. Speaking of left handed hitters, if Austin Barnes has to go on the injured list, I know the last time the Dodgers called up Hunter Fiducca to be the backup. I feel at this juncture of the season where the Dodgers could use a power left handed bat off the bench, why not call up Dalton Rushing. I know he's playing the majority of his games at Oklahoma City in left field, but you could use him to spot start for Smith and be that bat off the bench to see whether or not that he can do it. A lot of times young players are not great coming off the bench, but this is the time to figure out whether or not he's capable. Let's go out to John and Lehabra. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi, John, Hi.
Speaker 4: How are you good? Thanks for taking my call. So I'm I'm sixty eight years old. I grew up a long time ago, in the sixties and the seventies mainly, and I just never remember so many injuries. Uh you know Sandy Kofax one time when ten innings and lost one to nothing, and the list goes on, and I kind of think that these players today are so bulked up that their skeleton, skeletal system really can't handle the muscles. And we never heard of Tommy John surgery until actually Tommy John had it, and I.
Speaker 2: Just because Thatcher's careers would be over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you're you're right.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, I think that good old fashioned bone brots and collagen keeps that skeletal system together. I'm kind of living proof of it right now. Yeah, I proof of it.
Speaker 2: A lot of collagen.
Speaker 5: Yep, collagen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, collagen. He did you know back in the old days our grandmother's that's all he did was make bone broths, and you know, you had to sit there and take it.
Speaker 1: But it was all good for you.
Speaker 4: They didn't know why that they made it, but it was good for you.
Speaker 2: And when you're sick. We give our kids bone broth, chicken broth, all that. But when it comes to pitching, John, I agree with you on this. Too much muscle mass does make the body tighter, and if you're a pitcher, that's not something you want to do, especially upper body. In my opinion, just by listening to former pictures that have had long careers and through two hundred innings in a season, the Dodgers are going to reevaluate just their entire pitching philosophy, and hopefully it includes throwing more, not throwing less. I think that's the main thing as well, and not chasing numbers in the bullpen, and hopefully reassuring their pitchers that bullpen sessions are not competition. They're for you to find a way to get better and not chase velocity or spin rate. But I appreciate what you're talking about. John. You don't even have to go back to the sixties and seventies, as recently as Oral Herscheizer and Fernando Vealezuela in the eighties, as recently as Clayton Kershaw in twenty twelve twenty thirteen, so there have been guys that have done what you're describing not too long ago. Yeah, thank you for the phone call. Appreciated. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Want to get to Dave Roberts and this team meeting that he had. I'll set the scene for you at four o'clock Eastern time this afternoon, that was the time the media was allowed into the clubhouse. Well, we were waiting outside the Dodger clubhouse for about ten minutes, longer than what we anticipated, and the attendant at the door said the Dodgers PR representative would come out and let us know when we would be allowed in. Well, four o'clock usually means four o'clock. And then eventually, about ten or fifteen minutes later, one of the Dodger PR officials said, Okay, your guys are good to go to go into that clubhouse. Unfortunately, I'm not sure he understood that they were about to have a team meeting. So i walk in in front of the rest of the media and I'm greeted by the entire team. The entire Dodger team was sitting at their locker. That's not something that you see during media hours. Yeah, you'll see maybe five or six guys, but you don't see the entire team at their locker waiting for you to greet you, so that it was a red flag right away. And then I thought, okay, it's Sunday. They love fantasy football, right, so I'll look at the TV. TV was off, and I got the rest of the media now in the clubhouse as well, and Ryan Brasier, well number one. I look across and I trying to find a friendly face because they're all staring at me, and I see on my right land and neck Alex Vesia. And usually when I get in there, they always joke with me. I think they're always telling me, get out, Vassa, get out, we don't want you in here, and they were doing that again today, so I thought it was a joke. And I look at Bobby Miller and he's staring back at me. I'm looking for a friendly face, and I start to make my way towards Bobby Miller while I'm in dead silence and the rest of the clubhouse, and Brazier just turns to all of us and says, hey, guys, you can't be in here right now. We're about to have a team meeting. So we all left the clubhouse and everybody's speculating, what's this team meeting about? Did a player call it? Did Dave Roberts call? Is it about? Hey, let's getting back on track? Well, Dave Roberts explain what took place. It was Dave Roberts that wanted to talk to the players today, and it started with Roberto Clemente Day, and then he took the opportunity to speak to the team about how things have been going this season and particularly lately.
Speaker 12: It was just it wasn't it was Roberto Clemenny Day. So I wanted to talk about Roberto Clementy. That's one part of it. And the other part, since I got everyone together, I just wanted to let them know that we've been through a lot of stuff together and I just wanted to let them know that I believe in this group and just keep playing good baseball. So I just wanted to Roberto Clemenny was a great man and he did a lot of great for this game, and I wanted to kind of educate guys and also make sure our guys are still together more of having everyone in the same room, and so then you kind of organic kind of have everyone together.
Speaker 2: And once Dave Roberts media session broke up. I followed up with him and just want to clarify what the message was to the team, and he said, I just wanted to reinforce that I still believe in this group of players. And also he shared that he empathized and understood that all these pitching injuries and a lot of the pitchers that are a little ineffective throwing a lot of pitches in a short amount of innings is taking its toll on the position players. And here's what Dave had to say about that.
Speaker 12: It's a lot. It's a lot, and I think that I would be naive to feel that all the stuff that we've gone through, certainly on the pitching side, doesn't weigh on the players. It should. So I'm not saying using it as an excuse, but I do feel that to not acknowledge that it's a toll would be unfair. But I still believe that the talent that we have, the character that we have is plenty to win the World Series. But yeah, just to say that it doesn't matter and all that we've gone through doesn't matter, that's not fair to the players and should be acknowledged.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dave Roberts being very candid with what his message was to the team earlier today. Maybe he was listening on the iHeartRadio app last night when Lewis in the Bay Area actually called in and expressed some of the same concerns that the toll of all these pitching injuries have taken their toll on the team, and obviously it's been frustrating for everybody involved. Obviously they know losing Glass now is a big blow to their starting staff going into October. But with the way Walker Bueller pitch tonight, you have to believe that obviously the Dodgers have a little bit more more positivity and optimism after a night like tonight where Walker Buehler goes six innings and had command of all his pitches even though he had five walks. He said the misses were on the margins and he was missing by just a little bit and actually the ball was going where he wanted it to just a little bit of a miss. So that was great, and it was also great that after the first two games of the series the Dodgers only got five innings combined from Landon Nak and Jack Flaherty. That Walker Buehler, of all people, would go six innings and throw ninety seven pitches. So a good night all around for the Dodgers, not only scoring seven runs in the ninth inning to get the win and holding off the Padres and Diamondbacks for another night, but also the way walker Buehler pitched tonight. And I firmly believe Yamamoto is going to build off what he did at Dodgers Stadium and handle this Braves lineup. Eight six, two, five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Braves tonight, nine to two. This was a tied game going into the ninth inning, tied at two, but Mookie Betts came up big yet again. With two outs and the runners at the corners after Brian Snicker intentionally walked show Hey Otani, Mookie hit a base hit up the middle and the Dodgers had the lead. Freddie Freeman then followed with a two run base sit of his own, and then from there the Dodgers hit three consecutive home runs. Ta Oscar Hernandez, Tommy Edmund and Max Munsey all went deep for the Dodgers in consecutive order in that seven run ninth inning By the way, I mentioned Tony Gonsolin last night was starting in Oklahoma City today, Well, he went two and two thirds innings. He threw fifty pitches only and only gave up two earned runs. Joe Kelly also pitched in Oklahoma City tonight, and he went one scoreless innings and one scoreless inning and struck out two of the three batters he faced. Remember I told you last week, I am guaranteeing you are going to see a new and improved, healthier Joe Kelly when he comes back. He is going to be nasty when he comes back. And today was another indication of that new and improved Joe Kelly. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number a frustrated Dodger fan. At times I feel like I have to get her on the show after a win like tonight. The Great Isabelle from Anaheim is he thank you so much for holding And I got to tell you at Dodger Stadium last week I saw one of your favorites, the Great Doug Crecorian, was at Dodger Stadium compliments of the one and only Lon Rosen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he saga. Hell is hell is Doug.
Speaker 2: Oh he's still alive, is he He's still alive eight years he's still alive with a lot of energy.
Speaker 6: Well that we're telling you my fimming give him my number. I would love to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Would love to have your phone number, Isabelle. I. I definitely will pass your number to the King of Long Beach.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, tell me to call. Let's hear from a mandway say that was first lady call it? Yeah, never mind, em I was to give win tonight. They really needed this. Well, I would really depressed the draft to night, really really depressed. But you know what, and Letten memo to Max men, see it's not it's not time to just statefll. I'm sorry. It's the fourteen games last and September. Please give me upbreak anyway. But thinking I left, I.
Speaker 2: Hope they cheered you up tonight, Isabelle. I know you you've been very depressed lately, so hopefully the Dodgers put a smile on your face.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just hope. I just want to get dodge again, my cousin take me now. So forget about meeting the Dodgers this year.
Speaker 2: Well maybe when you call Petros and money, maybe money will give you a ride, or Ronnie Fossil or Tim Kates.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, that damn would happened, and money the charges right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, Isabelle, thanks a lot for colling. I hope Petros gives you a ride to Dodger Stadium before the regular season is over coming. Up tomorrow, it will be Yoshi Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers, coming off a great performance since going on the IL four scoreless innings against the Cubs with eight strikeouts, going up against Max Freed, who is nine to nine with an ERA of three forty six. By the way, if the Dodgers are in the market for pitching, they will have a second chance at Blake Snell, and they also may have a chance at Max Freed, who is a free agent at the end of this season as well. So two really good left handers are going to be free agents at the end at the end of this year. And of course the Dodgers have their eyes as does twenty nine other teams on Japanese young sensation left hander Roki Sasaki. So it's all contingent on another Japanese pitcher on whether or not the Dodgers may pivot to Blake Snell or Max Freed this offseason. Tomorrow Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at three o'clock with first pitch at four twenty. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbanks Studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Truest Parking Atlanta, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Once again. The final score from Truest Parking Atlanta. The Dodgers scores seven runs in the ninth inn to beat the Braves on Sunday Night Baseball nine to two. Have a great rest of your night. We'll talk to you tomorrow. See them