Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to The Dan capless Show. You have well Canny Shriff, Steve Reims setting in today and hour two of day two. And I don't know if Dan's back tomorrow or who's in the driver's seat tomorrow, but I know it's not me because I'm going on vacation soon and I'm going to go to Hawaii for the first time. My family and I are going to go celebrate my my middle son's graduation from high school. He is a newly minted graduate and that was his his his dream, I guess travel. So we're going to go to Hawaii and spend a few A.
Speaker 3: Few sand bags are on the beach, this total sandbagger. I would have played like all don Ho today if I would have known this ahead of time.
Speaker 4: You can still do that flavor. This is awesome. You've never been, never.
Speaker 2: Been, and I don't know that I'll ever go again, because this is holy smokes expensive. But you know, my kids only graduate and once, well hopefully he graduates twice. When he finishes college. We're gonna stay on the Big Island. We're staying on again, on the Big Island of Hawaii. Yeah, so we'll take a few excursions, go to see a few a few of the other places. But Maui is not necessarily a great destination right now because it seems like it's still mostly in ruins. But you know, we'll we'll figure out when we get there. It's it's got to be better than you know, traveling to downtown Denver.
Speaker 5: So there is a cool place on the Big Island right outside of Kailua Kona called Turtle Beach.
Speaker 4: Turtle Beach, and I will write that down.
Speaker 6: It literally is full of turtle.
Speaker 5: Is exactly what it sounds like, Okay, Yeah, and it's very fun. You could just basically take a snorkel on a mask and you can go and snarkle with turtles.
Speaker 4: Well that's perfect because I swim like a rain so you know, I'll I swim like a orange.
Speaker 2: I'll stay in the in the shallow pool. But I love going to the ocean, but I'm not really built for swimming. I'm not built for speed, but yeah, it's going to be fun. And on top of that, I only have one year, seven months, and two days left in the driver's seat a sheriff, So you know, it's all kind of winding down. I get to check off a few boxes here towards the end of my career and the beginning of my son's adventure into the adult world. But when we went to break enough of my boring life, we went to break I was asking you, guys, all right, how does this person live? How does this Solomon or Mohammed Solomon live for since twenty twenty two in the great state of Colorado, apparently without a job, with five kids and a wife. I assume they lived somewhere in a residence down in El Paso County. How does this guy pull this off? Where does the money come from? You know, I don't get it. I mean, it's expensive to live here. The only job that he's alleged to have had was from Uber, so it makes you wonder where was this financing coming from. I mean, we know he came here initially on a vacation visa from Egypt, so maybe he's independently wealthy. Maybe he's being funded from somewhere else, but it seems like if someone should have been on a radar screen, maybe this guy was it. And I'm not chastising the local law enforcement because this is way above where they would be. But I swear if we hear someone come out and say, oh, he was on our radar, we just hadn't quite you know, hadn't quite put a case together against him yet, it's going to make me sick because it seems like that's what we hear after every one of these tragedies, is that, well, you know, we were kind of monitoring him, but we just didn't have enough yet. A guy who planned to go down and torch a bunch of people on Pearl Street for the last year, I can't help but think that that didn't check a few boxes, especially when he tried to go buy a gun and did so illegally in some form or fashion. But if you want to call in and give some comments about that, our number here is three or three seven one, three eight, two five five. I'd love to hear your opinion on how does this guy get here? How does he stay here? You know, under what circumstances can someone afford to live in the state of Colorado for at least three years without a job, and not live on the streets of Denver. You can also text in at five seven seven three nine. Start your text with Dan and to that point, we have a few Texters who have sent some stuff in. We have a few textures that have sent some stuff in that I can't read on the air. But Stephen Littleton, retired l EO. He says, Paul us in the Colorado politic Borough are guilty of aiding and a betting every crime committed by an illegal alien. You know, I hate to say that, but I guess you're right. All these sanctuary laws have I mean they've been boldened these folks to do whatever they want and oftentimes go through with little to no punishment. As we know about Caitlin Weaver down in a Rapahoe County, the poor girl that was killed by an illegal fifteen year old driver who smashed into the side of her car, obviously unlicensed, obviously not here under any kind of legal authority. He gets probation from the Great da Amy Padden in Arapaho County. I mean probation after you kill someone driving a car that was well allegedly stolen his mother's car, other people in the car doing ninety and forty five. You get probation until the TA da da Ice comes in and picks him up, and hopefully they're going after the family too. And to that point, we just heard through the news update that Homeland Security has picked up the family of Mohammed Solomon. So we have to assume that there's maybe more to the story than this guy just getting here on a vacation visa and overstaying and then asking for asylum. There's probably more of a plan. Another text here says, I believe most of the illegals getting government support the support is for their anchor babies, who are Americans being born here and that will likely never get taken away. You know, there's probably some truth to that. There are some people that definitely get some government subsidies because they have children here, even though they are in the country illegally. That being said, with ICE's new take on what they're doing with deportations, before it was hands off if you had kids that were born in the United States, there weren't very many circumstances where they would look at deporting the parents. And now from my understanding what's happening is there. If they pick up these parents, they're giving the parents a choice. Do you want to turn your kids over to Department of Human Services or do you want to take your kids with you? But either way, you're not staying here. If you want to take them with you will facilitate that, but you're not staying here. And if that's the case, I would say that that AID goes away when they leave the country. But what do I know. I mean, there's been other times where we found out through USAID that we were sending money outside of the country for all kinds of things. So maybe those maybe those funds do continue. Who knows. Another text here, the Trump team already said Solomon was not on their radar. Okay, well that's fair, Thank you for that update. That's just important thing.
Speaker 3: Sheriff got to get your take on this, Yeah, you bet. And I was talking about this as Representative Jeff Crank earlier. He goes to buy a gun, background check red flags him literally he's an illegal alien? Can that legally purchase a weapon?
Speaker 4: Right? Then? What how is he not marked for deportation? Right there?
Speaker 2: Well, and that goes to the sanctuary laws. We have here in the state of Colorado. That information goes to CBI, and so there's there's got to be more questions that get asked if that was flagged, Did CBI notify anyone? Did they notify local law enforcement? Did they notify the FBI. I mean, you're right, and this does happen frequently where you have someone who's in the country illegally that tries to buy a weapon. We get those flags from from CBI from time to time. So something got missed and I can't really explain how that happened. It's it's definitely a concern. Another text here says if a law abiding citizen was carrying the day carrying the day of the fire bombing and shot the fire bomber, would that person be prosecuted. You know, that's a pretty circumstantial question. But if that person could articulate that they were saving the life of or they were protecting the lives of themselves or others who were in immediate you know, immediate harm or potential for death, that person would have an affirmative defense for using for using deadly force in a particular situation. That being said, it's in Boulder, so there's still a chance that they would have been arrested. Whether or not they would have been prosecuted is all about how they articulate, why why they used that deadly force, And we don't even know if it would have killed the person, but probably stopped the incident. I think the best best case scenario there is to not make soft zones. I mean, we know that the entire city of Boulder is likely a soft zone by how hard they are on gun owners. You know, John Caldera was filling in, I think, for Ryan yesterday and talked about how hateful the town of Boulder is to gun owners and to conservatives.
Speaker 4: You know, he can't help.
Speaker 2: But wonder if if those people have been allowed or if those people have been caring what he have targeted that area. He may still have, but he had brought fire to a gunfight, and I'm not sure which one wins in that particular area. Let's see here, Let's take a break. We've got a caller on the line. We'll get to Jennifer as soon as we come back, but Jennifer, hold with us, and I want to hear what you have to say, because you're talking about gun laws and you live in Denver. So that's a very complicated issue. But stay with us. You're listening to the Dankplish Show here on six point thirty k how with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Riams as your guest host.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan Kapla Show with Will Kenny, Sheriff Steve Reims sitting in the driver's seat. And thanks to Ryan for playing that Hawaiian themed police music and as he danced to it, that even made it better.
Speaker 7: You are literally going to be Hawaii five oh out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm going to be Hawaii dad. Oh.
Speaker 2: I am not doing anything having to do with law enforcement. I am going to be on vacation. But you know, I love hosting Dan's show because he has such great listeners. I think all the listeners to these shows, the listeners to all these shows are engaging. But you know a text came in during the break. He said, Sheriff, I think it's illegal to carry a gun on Pearl Street because of the Boulder no carry laws. So if someone was carrying a gun and shot the fire bomber, would they be arrested for carrying in lawfully that's a great question. It's not something that comes into my mind because I live in a gun friendly county in Weld County, and we believe that people should have an investment in their own personal safety. But in Boulder, they're afraid that you might protect yourself, and so, yeah, that could be a problem. I don't know what the penalty would be imposed at that municipal level, because that's it'd be a municipal violation. It's probably not a time in jail, but it would cause a legal conundrum for someone to decide, hey, do I want to pull my gun out if I'm carrying it here where I shouldn't be, even if it's to save the life of someone else who's being fire bombed or being you know, lit on fire. And that's where the trouble comes, when when you don't trust good people to do the right thing with a weapon. I mean, I feel very safe in Weld County and I see people open carrying frequently. I see it in a lot of different places I go, and it's not even a concern for me because the people who are telling you they're carrying a gun are typically there to do it the right way. So, speaking of guns. When we went to break we had Jennifer in Denver who wanted to make some comments on gun laws. Jennifer, what do you have to say to.
Speaker 8: Us, well Sheriff. First, I want to say, book them, Dano, but you kind of.
Speaker 9: Stole my thunder.
Speaker 6: Stole my thunder.
Speaker 8: That was one of the points I wanted to make.
Speaker 6: But first of all, here's a situation where we had someone go and try to buy a gun, was refused yep, and I'm glad you and Ryan obviated that. But then the system failed and once again a gun law has failed to prevent violence because gun laws don't prevent violence. Granted he didn't do it with a gun, but violent offenders are going to find a way to violently offend one way or another. He chose alternatives, which or been you know, they're horrific in and of themselves. Then I also thought about how restrictive Boulder is.
Speaker 9: And it is unlikely someone who was concealing and carrying was.
Speaker 8: In Bolder that day and could have stopped this attack. Right, we are penalizing the good people.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree with you more. And you know that oftentimes when these gun bills go through the state legislature. That argument is made of you know, if you take a gun away, don't you don't take the evil away. And this highlights this incident highlights that better than just about any because that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 4: We have.
Speaker 2: We have this individual who decided, all right, well I can't buy a gun, so what's the next best thing? So he makes a homegrown flamethrower out of a weed sprayer. I'm glad he at least somewhat set himself on fire because I think has slowed him down. But had he had a gun, he to probably you know, he'd have probably cracked off around into his leg or something too. So evil has no has no bounds. This guy was going to do what he wanted to do. He could have in his car down Pearl Street. You know, there's lots of ways he could have enacted that enacted that fear on the folks. So you make a great point, And Jennifer, I can't help but wonder you're in Denver. What what does it feel like to be to be a female walking around the streets of Denver? Do you feel safe? Do you want to carry a gun? How are you feeling after this incident.
Speaker 6: Well, I have recently relocated out of Denver a little farther south.
Speaker 8: But yeah, being in Denver is concerning at night. When I lived there, I had my vehicle broken into at one point and something taken from it when I had stopped someplace for fifteen minutes. Felt completely violated. And then you know, I'm sorry Denver Police Department, but not exactly responsive. So you know, I support can Steel carry completely. I don't like to talk about my own, you know, personal situation. I understand Chelle County. I could just ca reopenly.
Speaker 2: It happens all the time. Well, Jennifer, thanks for calling in and very wise comments. I couldn't agree with you more. Yeah, Boulder's a tough place to be right now, and especially given the facts that we've seen. So thanks for calling in and thanks for the time with us as we kind of go through this a little bit more. We have a very another, very smart texture, says Dan. I'm assuming that's to me. It says, leave US born Latino children behind to be eliminated while in custody, question Mark. It says Hobson's choice, let the US government eliminate your child. And for those of you that aren't aware of what Hobson's choice mean. That's a situation where you really don't have a choice. You're presented with options, but there's one option is terrible and the other option is not so great either. So when we were going to break, I was talking about if you were if you came to the United States illegally and you had children here. This new administration has said, hey, you know, that doesn't necessarily mean we're not going to deport you. We still may send you out of the country even if you have children that are usit. And you have to make the choice of what that means. Do they go live with other family members, do you take them with you? Do they go into the service of DHS? And that is a tough choice, but quite frankly, the choice the other side of that coin is, well then we just leave the parents alone and they get a free pass. And I don't know what the right answer is, but I know what we've what we've been doing isn't working. It's costing the federal government millions or billions of dollars, probably trillions of dollars at this point to continue to give out that those government handouts.
Speaker 3: Keep families together. To port them all as a family unit. And here's the other thing. People always say, oh, they were born in the United States. That original intent of that amendment of that law natural born citizens applied to freed US slaves, correct, black Americans here to give them agency, to give them citizenship because they deserved it, they were here. But it is not intended to apply to what we call a drive foot policy. Eagle steps foot on land. Baby's born, Baby's an American? Kelly's talked about this happening in California, Los Angeles, right, pregnant women coming over from China.
Speaker 4: Hello, have the child? Here?
Speaker 3: Is the child an American? Well, I would argue, no, it's not. So that's a slippery slope obviously, So.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, and I think we're going to find out because as we know Trump has said, hey, there's we're ending that. We're ending that policy, and it's going to get challenged all the way the Supreme Court. We're going to get it settled one way or another. I hope it goes the way that we're talking, but you know, we may be proven wrong. Our Supreme Court has been known to make decisions that are a little questionable at times. But I couldn't agree with you more. Ryan. I think the intent of I believe that's the intent of that is to make sure that you know, people who come to this country legally and then decide to have children, those children then become citizens. Yes, but not just by putting your foot across the border. So we're going to go to break. When we come back, we'll have Congresswoman Lauren Bobert join joining us, and you know she's usually a fiery interview, so I assume that it will be the same today, and we'll play a little bit of that audio from our press conference just to get her fired up. You're listening to the Dan Caplis Show here with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Raims as your guest host.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 10: Well shout down Republican lawmakers at a press conference meant to celebrate President Trump's One Big Beautiful Bill. US Representatives Gabe Evans and Lauren Bobert hosted that event, saying Democrats are fear mongering and that they want color roddens to know the facts about the bill. Governor Polis and Democratic leaders expect anywhere from one hundred and forty thousand to two hundred and thirty thousand color Raddens will lose Medicaid insurance as a result of this bill.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan Kaplis Show, and we let in with that. That's Congresswoman Lauren Bobert theme song. So Ryan always plays that when we're coming back from from a break where the Congresswoman's going to come in into the studio and we have just a little bit of a pause because she's tied up in DC right now.
Speaker 4: I believe, is that correct? Right?
Speaker 3: I have an update from Drew Sexton, or communications director and Visa V Kelly, telling me that Representative Bobert is actually meeting with Speaker Johnson at the moment and she is going to attempt to join us for the final segment coming out of the forty five at about fifty to fifty one after the hour.
Speaker 2: I would assume that means we just got upstaged, which I totally understand because she has a job and sometimes that happens.
Speaker 4: So we'll make do, and we'll we'll.
Speaker 2: See if we can get over to the last segment here and hopefully maybe we'll go to break just a little bit early so that we can so.
Speaker 3: This is not going to be like when Wayne quits Wayne's World in the movie and then Garth is left to host the show and remember that.
Speaker 2: It could be Well, yeah, I'm feeling it right now from scanners right, so, you know when you're scheduling these interviews, and today she was getting on a flight leaving Denver and heading to Washington, d C. And I was thinking, well, I hope she doesn't have to go through Newark because we may not talk to her till next week. But regardless, you know how things go out in DC. We're getting big time. And if she's talking to the Speaker of the House, I think I think that's probably more important than having a conversation with us right at the moment. But we have plenty of other things we can talk about again. Call in three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. I love taking the calls from the listeners out there, or text in the five seven seven three nine, Start your text with Dan. And before we went to break, we were talking about, you know, citizenship and how the fourteenth Amendment is interpreted. For years, we've it's been interpreted that if your feed are here or you're born here on dry soil in the United States, then you're automatically a US citizen. And we had a text her said, well, it's the law right now. If born here, they are legal. And I think that's the point of debate. You know, the Trump administration has has said that we're ending birthright citizenship, and we know that's going to go to the Supreme Court and how that gets ruled on. We'll get a firm ruling on the fourteenth Amendment.
Speaker 4: Now we know from this text. I'm getting kind of cheesed here.
Speaker 3: So Chinese woman flies into America, California, lands at the airport, goes directly the hospital, gives birth. To this texter's point, that's an American baby.
Speaker 2: Well, I think to this texter's point, they don't even have to make it to the airport. I think that plane could hit the ground and they could have the baby on the plane and they would consider that a US citizen.
Speaker 11: Atally.
Speaker 5: There is an entire apartment complex in my hometown of Hacienda Heights, huh, and the entire apartment complex is owned by the Chinese interesting specifically for the purpose of birth tourism, which is what they label it.
Speaker 7: So you have a.
Speaker 5: Bunch of pregnant ladies that come down for the last two months, and they actually have outfitted one of the clubhouses to be a makeshift maternity ward, so they don't even go to the hospital. It's just basically they give birth there, they get citizenship for adult citizenship for their child, and then they go back to China.
Speaker 3: Well, so this Texter supports this, Yeah, you're your maniac. If you support this, I'm sorry you start. I'm going to read this because this one's really directed at you. Ryan, You're you're ticking off the listeners if he says, sorry, I'm so pro conservative, anti abortion and pro nuclear fan. But if a child is born on this land in an American hospital, they get an American birth certificate. They are American and our is in all caps. This is one thing I will definitely stand behind always. Our country has always been this way until voted out. But definitely doubt so.
Speaker 2: I bet any amount on it, including getting you in, getting you into something else other than your Ford focus.
Speaker 7: To drive American baby.
Speaker 4: I'm not ashamed of that, you know what. That thing's still running in running.
Speaker 5: But hold on, he's specifying hospital. These women are not giving birth in a hospital.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's because that's where most people give birth. But you know, you can have a child at home and it's still an American citizen. I still argue that, you know that under this interpretation of the Fourteenth Amendment, your plane hits the ground, you know, it's still bouncing down the runway, and you have that baby under this theory, that kid's a US citizen. And I don't I don't believe that's what the fourteenth Amendment was written. And obviously, you know, technology, technology has changed, our world has changed. But I really don't think that's the interpretation that anyone truly believes.
Speaker 3: And that's the argument that the Trump administration is making. They're trying to phase this out in accordance with the fourteenth Amendment. What is the original intent was? And this is going to go to the originalists on the Supreme Court of the United States because to your point earlier, Sherifframes, You're absolutely right. This is going to work its way through the courts. It's going to get to SCOTUS. They're going to make a ruling and then we'll have to live in it one way or the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it could go completely opposite of what we're talking about here. We may be proven to be fools in more ways than one. I think a lot of people already think that of me. But you know we're going to find out, right. So another text here says, and this is more towards the gun issue, and this is from Alexa. This is a very very well put text. It has share frames. It is pathetic to think someone with a gun would pause about saving people for fear of prosecution. But look at what they did to Daniel Penny in New York. So wrong, And you know that's that's on point. That's the reason that people hesitate to do good things when given the opportunity. Sometimes we do have a caller on the line. We have Less from Pueblo. Let's get to Less and see what he has to say about concealed carry. What's going on less?
Speaker 11: Not much, Steve, real quick, you bet. The debate's been going on for a long time. We've all been carrying for a long time. But it seems to be leaning more to those of us tick an open carry shall and they conceal carry. Well, it's nice, it's it's not as necessary anymore. I think the open carry is becoming more open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it is becoming more more I guess received by the public in some communities. But I don't think you'd get that response in Denver or Boulder. Maybe in Pueblo, No, yeah, maybe maybe in Pueblo. You know, it's it's amazing to me, even though Pueblo tends to vote Democrat in a lot of ways, Boy, they care about their guns. And every time I've hosted this show for Dan, there's been at least a caller or a Texter from Pueblo who has said, Hey, we care about our guns, and you're one of those folks.
Speaker 4: I assume you open carry most of the time.
Speaker 11: I do, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Well, God help you that, God bless you that you're out there doing that, because not only are you protecting yourself, but I think you're probably I think you're probably ready to protect those around you. And thank you for the phone call. Less, it's good to have. Good to know we have listeners down there in the south part of the state. Also, you know, oftentimes Pueblo and wellb County I get compared to one another. Greeley, the city of Greeley and the city of Pueblo get compared to one another. Even though our politics are completely different, oftentimes we have the same views on a lot of issues, and guns are one of them. Right, Yes, sure again, thank you leus for being on the on the show with us. Let's see here, what else do we have for texts coming in? Let's see sure fourteenth Amendment was meant to cover slaves, not terrorists.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Another one here, sheriff is correct. I don't know about which particular point, but I like being correct, so I'll take it.
Speaker 7: And then the general good default position.
Speaker 4: Yes, yep.
Speaker 2: Hey can't go wrong saying the sheriff is right, especially if I'm hosting the show.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yes.
Speaker 2: And then one more here that just says yep. I like And I'm sure that was probably about your comments, you know, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if you're going to call yourself a conservative and support this policy of open borders and they're just gonna fly foreigners in from wherever I have a baby on our land and they're Americans, well, I'm sorry, you're not a conservative.
Speaker 4: That's just not a conservative stance.
Speaker 2: It's just not well, you know, I had talked to you about when I hosted one of the previous shows about there's probably a narrow window where some of the people that are here illegally. You know, I might have a soft spot in my heart to say, well, you know, should those persons be given the pathway to citizenship? And I'm telling you that window is closing after what I saw happen down on Pearl Street, because you know, you just realize at some point you got to have a reset. And while I I can totally understand someone got brought here without their knowledge when their parents, you know, got brought here by their parents when they were say five months old, they never knew they weren't a US citizen. That's a tragic situation, but it's also a fixable situation, and that needs to happen. So I don't know if that means deport them and have them come back. But there's a commercial every morning when I'm watching Fox News that Christy Naum's out that says, check in on the CBP or the what is it the cb CBP home app and go home and then reapply to come back, and we'll make sure that you get a chance to make that happen. So I guess we'll just repeat that commercial and see what goes for for those individuals. Let's go ahead and take a break and hopefully we can get Lauren Bobert on the line when we come back, and we'll finish out with her if we can get her to break away from speaker Johnson, because you know, we are still important here listening to the Dan Caples Show here on six point thirty k Hew with well Kenny Sheriff Steve Rams as your guest host.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kapless Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, Hello, can I come over you?
Speaker 2: Welcome out to the Dan Cafli Show with welcoming Sheriff Steve Raims setting in as the guest host today and we're going to go straight to our special guest, Congresswoman Lauren Bobert. Thanks for being on the show with us, and we have just about five minutes, but I wanted to give you a chance to give your reaction to what happened in Boulder, because you do represent the state of Colorado and I'm sure this has impacted you in your office in many ways.
Speaker 9: Yes, Cherff, well, thank you so much for having me on and sorry about the delay, but here with what happened in Boulder, it's certainly a tragedy, travesty, and I hope that the next group of people that burns an American flag is really scrutinized for what their actual intents could be, because it starts with burning in the American flag and then it ends with burning Americans. And that's what we saw with this peaceful israel group, Israeli group that was protesting, not even protesting. They were standing in solidarity remembrance of the hostages that are still held captive, and this man went and truly went crazy in an act of terrorism. I'm calling on the Boulder Chief of Police to call this what it is, to not dance around the issue. This is a targeted act of terror and it could be coming to any city throughout America if we do not start taking action on these terrorists who are here, and many of them like this man Mohammed here illegally.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, well, and we'll transition from that to what we were originally going to have you on, and that's for the one big, beautiful bill. You and I joined Congressman Evans down at the state Capitol last Thursday to speak about you guys signing on to pass that bill out of the House and into the Senate and just if you want to hit a few highlights of what that bill will do, especially as it come as it pertains to illegal immigration.
Speaker 9: Sure, well, this big beautiful bill isn't over yet. On the Senate to send their version back over, I hope it's stronger than what we sent them. But we are securing the southern border. We are getting funding to our border patrol agents.
Speaker 8: I was just with Sheriff Lamb out of Arizona, who is in favor of this legislation.
Speaker 9: Also, when it pertains to Medicaid, we aren't cutting those who are vulnerable and actually need this, but we are removing illegal aliens from that system, and able body adults we are putting on work requirements. And also in Medicaid, we have removed children and adults from that transgender surgery care, whether that be hormonal or actual surgery that takes place, so the American task.
Speaker 8: Dollars don't have to go to that. There's a lot that.
Speaker 9: We are doing in here. There's going to be even more with Doge cuts and a recision package that the House will vote on I'm hoping this week, but it looks like we're getting some excuses that it might be next week, but this one big beautiful bill. Hopefully it comes back to the Chamber eye servant in the House of re presented stronger than how we sent it to the Senate, and if not, we may be looking at a second budget reconciliation to.
Speaker 8: Get it right.
Speaker 2: So you're in it for the long haul. And it sounds like even if the Senate has to make some changes that modify it to a degree, you guys are ready to keep on pushing to make sure that Trump's agenda gets fulfilled.
Speaker 4: That is that a good wrap up for what you just said?
Speaker 9: Yes, it is. President Trump loves this big, beautiful bill and it is the agenda that he was sent to deliver, and I am supportive of what the President wants here in this package.
Speaker 2: Well, in just a final minute that we have here, do you have a message you want to give to the voters out there? I know it's you know we're coming back up on re election season because your terms are so short. What do you want to leave the voters with and what is your big push in this session?
Speaker 1: Sheriff.
Speaker 9: I know that you have a heart just like mine to serve the people that we represent and to keep our community safe, to have economic growth and development so people can live out the American dream. And so I'm going to continue pursuing those things. When it comes to water storage, when it comes to our farmers and ranchers, we have appropriations bills coming up with the AD bill and all sorts of things to take care of them economic growth. I've been all over the district meeting with folks, and it's always campaign season, but I really like the work season part of it. And Sheriff, it's an honor to have you as my Weld County sheriff and to serve the great people of Colorado alongside of you. I think most of our state doesn't recognize you just as a Weld County sheriff, but truly has Colorado's sheriff.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, and I couldn't be more proud to have you move over from the Western Slope to God's Country in Weld County and represent the good people of the fourth Congressional District. You know we're going to continue to support you and make sure that you stay in that seat as long as you want to be there, because you are doing good work on behalf of the people in CD four, which is evidenced by the hate and vitriol we all receive down at the State Capitol. Just a couple seconds, What was your thoughts about being down at the State Capitol and speaking through an hour worth of booze?
Speaker 4: And I don't mean the kind you jury.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, we were definitely an enemy soil, but we were not afraid to stand up there and speak the truth of what is in this big, beautiful bill and educate voters and form voters. And it's unfortunate that so many on the left would not even hear what was in it just as an automatic no, because President Trump is in office and this is really what lost the election for them. People want information, absolutely, they want common sense legislation.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being on with's This Congresswoman, And that'll wrap up our show with the Dan Cafla Show and Steve Raims being your guest host.
Speaker 4: I'll see you sometime maybe in July. Talk to you soon.