Speaker 1: At the forefront when you first see it. Protest you dot com and their counterpart on Twitter is a place where you can find amazing videos like this well sort of pastor showing that he can walk on air. That's the work of Protestia dot com and it is also though the tip of what they do. They are an organization headed by a guy named David Morrel who joins us today, and if you read further down the line, he's a deeply theological man who has paid a price for speaking his mind, both as a National Guard member and as a citizen, and he's gladly paid that price. He joins us today with the courtesy of our YouTube channel, YouTube dot com slash at The Todd Herman Show ends under the great auspices of God Almighty, But Todd.
Speaker 2: Herman Show is one hundred percent disapproved by big pharma, technocourrats and tyrants everywhere from the hind mountains of Free America. Here's the Emeralds City Exit God her Man.
Speaker 1: Today is to day the Lord has made, and these are the times to which God has decided we shall live. David Merril joins us live from Denver, Colorado, a city that has been Seattlezed David, appreciate you being here. Thank you man, thanks for having me on the show. Todd loved to see you. Yeah, good to see you. Love your hat, love what you're doing at protest to you dot com. Let's start real quick, just by groundsetting that you're a guy who's paid a cost for free speech. And I know the podcast family will appreciate this because people who are willing to pay these prices I think means something to us. So talk about what happened to you as a National Guard member.
Speaker 3: Well so, and then first I should say that nothing I say represents the army or the Colorado National Guard.
Speaker 4: But yeah, well I gotta say that.
Speaker 3: You gotta put that out there, you know, I mean, they really require that, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Back in twenty twenty two, I was doing this, the Protestingest podcast actually with a pastor friend of mine, JD. Hall, and we talk politics and we talked because you know, it's very much from a Christian conservative perspective, but we talk politics and we talk the ins and outs of how to navigate you know, the modern modern times and modern situations as Christians who want to be civilly engaged, civically engaged, politically engaged, and I said some stuff on that podcast again off duty as a National Guardsman. We're on duty, then we're off duty, and I'm off duty and kind of irregular clothes like I am now probably wearing the same hat or something else, and I said some things that then somebody reported to the guard PAO and they decided to punish me. So they actually punished me militarily for the content, not not just that I said something, but the content of what I said, and accused me of being a racist in an official memorandum. Accused me of being racist. And it was because I said that I didn't see the evidence that George Floyd was targeted because of his race, not that he wasn't, but just that I didn't see the evidence.
Speaker 1: I said, you didn't see the evidence.
Speaker 4: Right, That's exactly what I said.
Speaker 3: I I don't see the evidence George Floyd targeted because of his race. But the funny thing is Keith Ellison, who prosecuted Derek Chauvin, said the same thing. The extremely liberal prosecutor that put Derek Chauvin in prison didn't charge him with a hate crime because he didn't see the evidence that Floyd was targeted because of his race. I said the same thing. I got punished for it, and I wasn't even on duty. Has nothing to do with the military. So it's just kind of crazy times in terms of the free speech that we're living in. And for me, at least, my heart is to what can I do to help service members be able to not have this.
Speaker 4: Happen to them.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm pretty old as far as military goes, but I'm thinking about the younger guy who can't afford to fight.
Speaker 4: I can afford to fight.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I love that you think of it that way, and you did sue for your First Amendment rights right, didn't have a lawsuit.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's in the Colorado of District Court as we speak.
Speaker 1: All right, let's try this video again, this pastor walking on air, to see if you're convinced and perhaps you'll end up following this church.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: This is from Protestia dot Com. That looks like the Brady Bunch set.
Speaker 4: I thought, sooks good, go beautifully well shot.
Speaker 1: My goodness, they spared no expense.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Like the Lord Jesus himself competer walk on water. Do you ever get people angry at you? Do you ever get the pastors or the impastors or pastor pastric Si. Do you ever get in touch with you and get angry with you.
Speaker 4: Yes, usually not out in the open.
Speaker 3: Usually it's a private message or something, or every once in a while we'll get a seasoned desist.
Speaker 4: We like to call them nasty grams.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, we just we ignore them where we put them on the wall or something.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this is a tip of the sphere way of reaching people and drawing attention. And you're a thinker theologically, and I want to talk through some of the more serious aspects of this. We'll go back and forth and play some of the videos because there's some pretty serious stuff. There's people like Andy Stanley and other folks who are misleading flocks and the false teachers. So we'll talk about this with David Moral. There is a disease in the world of supplements, and I've actually thought about starting a supplement line many many years ago. I had this idea basically for a vending machine in gyms. It would custom mix for you based upon your profile, the right amount of protein and creating put in some simple carbs, so it'd be like a pre workout shake. Versus a post workout shake. And I thought about how to do this, and I even went and consulted some people in the industry, and I came out with, well, you know what, that's super high end. Most people wouldn't pay for that because people are glad just to pick up a shake or this or that. Then I see guys, and I'm not here to criticize people. They're incredibly successful for whatever reason, and they've got their own supplements lines, and I'm just I'm going to tell you, no one is really coming out and into new wave proteins. This is almost always private labeled. They add some things to it so it can be an exclusive blend. There are a few companies and we're really blessed to work with a couple of them. Bioptimize. This has been around for all going in three decades for a reason. They actually have their own lab. They actually use their own products. Matt and Wade are the first test cases for all their products period. They're the founders and they're the co CEOs. Nothing comes out of their lab that they haven't themselves used. And here's how fanatical they are. They have a product called Mushroom Breakthrough and mushroom Breakthrough helps you with concentration, it it helps you with memory, it helps you with calmness recall. And how do they know this? Because Matt and Wade are lunatics in one very specific way, body hacking. They wouldn't had brain scans done. Then they discovered that they were losing memories, and okay, this makes sense our brains aging. What would turn this around? Massive doses of mushrooms. Other people in the supputing industry will say, okay, name something mushroom and sell it. That wouldn't work for them. They went and did research on how to get six or seven sorts of mushrooms in this product. And when they did that, it turned out to do that at home, you'd need to eat about eighteen pounds of mushrooms in a day. Picture eighteen pounds of mushrooms. There's no chance you're gonna do that. So when they got it to a final blend, they tried it themselves. Their brain scans changed. Wade showed that in our program, his brain scan changed, his memory centers came back. And that's just one product. MAIG Means and Breakthrough is world famous for helping people sleep and regularity and They just reformulated it for it to be more absorbable. They never stop improving. So just go to Bixterormeasures dot com, slash Todd, look through the products, compare them with what you know your body needs. Subscribe to the products and you never run out. You never miss a product, and matt Way will give you exclusive discounts, They'll give you free gifts, and they'll also send you free information packs on how to optimize your biology, even when it doesn't relate to products they sell. Sometimes it's completely other companies bi Optimizers dot com, slash tood use promo code Todd. So David these the fact that you can fillprotest you dot com on such a regular basis with these astonishing videos of heretics causing theological mischief, I think you call it. That means to me that there is a plethora of this stuff available. If you were to guess in the churches in America, what percentage do you think are biblically sound? I mean, there's some data on this, but what do you think are biblically sound churches?
Speaker 3: It's probably I would think around fifteen twenty percent, Yeah, you know, maybe lower, depending on exactly where we draw that line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a survey that's very famous that shows that about fifteen percent of youth pastors have a biblical worldview. That's the youth pastors, and that means that the distance so obviously Satans at work in this he wants to destroy christ Church. But talk about the politics and our civic duty and and your view of this and pastors and how you think they should be interacting politically, Well.
Speaker 3: The challenge has always been in I mean, and I speak specifically from an evangelical perspective as an evangelical, but really in all all Christian churches, how how much should politics and uh civic engagement be directly preached from the pulpit? You know, pastors who who preach through the whole council of God's Word, the whole council of the Bible, and they do it faithfully and they don't dodge and pick certain topics and not others depending on what the culture, you know, the current cultural zeitgeist is, usually have flocks that know how to then apply that to to their political participation. You know, as as people who live in a country that is self governed yep, where it is the people who actually possess the the governmental political authority.
Speaker 4: How do you navigate that within the church.
Speaker 3: And now that the you know, as I like to say, the bloom is off the roads as far as church is trying to stay out of the culture, and they're all becoming much more politically and civilly engaged. That presents new opportunities for truth obviously to be applied to the culture, but also a lot of opportunity for falsehoods to enter the church by way of talking about culture and talking about politics.
Speaker 1: So you're so close to this, closer than I am. And I'm always curious about what how many of these pastors know they're faking it? You know, we had a pastor at our church, a former Lutheran church in Seattle. I'm an evangelical non donam, and we found out he'd been trained in one of the sooral schools, so he was a shepherd for sale. And they had this great deal. They're going to pay seventy five percent of his salary. And there were plenty of us in the church body who fought against this, and ultimately the church made a bad decision and they hired the guy David I kid you, not his sermons always contain quotes from South Park, a blatantly at least antagonistic to Christ, if not anti christ show, given the way they treated the Lord Jesus every sermon. And I saw that this guy came in and that the church body was decimated and some people stayed, but it became then this political church. And I always wanted to ask him, do you know your false teacher? I mean, do you know that you are making yourself an enemy of the Lord Jesus. Talk me through this. How many these people actually know they're lying?
Speaker 3: You never really know, You never really know. But the thing is, we're not called to know necessarily the motives of another person's heart. We are called to judge what they say and what they practice and what they promote. That's something that is a requirement of every Christian, every Christian is and that's one of the ways that we love each other as believers, is we hold one another accountable for what's being taught, what's being promoted, what's being done. And so, yeah, you're gonna have some false teachers who are knowingly false teachers. They know they're deceiving, they know they're in it for personal gain and to make themselves famous or rich or whatever. And then you're gonna have some that are they're self deceived. They really don't know. They actually think they're doing what's right. You know, Jesus talked about this in Matthew seven when he said that there will be those on the last day that say, Lord Lord, did we not do all these things in your name?
Speaker 4: Did we not prophesy?
Speaker 3: And basically they list all these great works and he says, yeah, depart from me. I never knew you. And then he defines it. He says, depart from me, you workers of lawlessness. So he says, this is how you will know. This is how you will know that you were not mine, that you are not preaching the true Christ. You are not teaching true doctrine. Is the works of lawlessness that are the evidence of that.
Speaker 1: So this ruins us back. I think two, we're talking about Denver becoming sataalized and lawlessness, and again it's politics and faith meeting. I tend to believe that Satan runs his organization like a military outfit. Right, He's the supreme leader. He's got bosses of ten and bosses of hundreds, and there's no debate. Satan runs things, and I think he takes test runs, so I tend to believe he is right now prepping the world for the arrival of the lawless one, which to me brings us back to pastors on the pulpit. How do they approach this without making every single sermon a discussion of this bill or that bill, or this politician or that politician. I have my view, what's yours? If you get down to the actual act of standing in front of your congregation, how would you advise pastors to address things like the open lawlessness in Denver, letting you know, homeless people sees houses.
Speaker 4: And et cetera.
Speaker 3: It's they they need to not fear the culture. The word of God, the Bible speaks into every one of these issues, every one of There's there's no new sin under the sun, right, So while while we might feel like what we're going through is brand new, nobody's ever experienced this before. It's never happened. That's that's not true. And the Bible, which God very much designed to be for all of time, that an immovable truth speaks into all of it. So I always encourage pastors continue to preach the truth and be responsive.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can be responsive.
Speaker 3: To what's going on in the lives of the congregation, and that that involves being being informed about what's going on out there and then preach the unapologetic Word of God into those circumstances. And the problem is pastors are very often afraid to do it for those reasons. They're they're going to offend somebody. And it's like, yeah, but you're you're a preacher of the Word of God. You're going to offend somebody.
Speaker 4: That's it. It's going to offend a godless culture obviously.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think you know if you look at protesta dot com and Devenrol the publisher, there are people who are going to watch these pastors and they're going to be offended. On the behalf of Jesus christis other people who are offended that you're bringing light to this. This always astonishes me that people say things in public right, and they're in their bubble think in their bubble world, and then you simply popularize it, right, popularize it here you go, what do you want pastors to be doing in eldership, in church shepherding, Because you have a friend of us who wrote a book Shepherd's for sale how do church leadership bodies, and we're part of that body, as the members of a church, how do they look for signs that the church is being politicized or being made heretical.
Speaker 3: It's it can be tough, it can be tough, but it's it's the Bible encourages every Christian. I mean, the responsibility to discipline the church is the responsibility of all believers. I mean, that's certainly what I believe, and I think that's that's what the Bible supports, and I think that that's what churches should do. But we have to remember that that pastors are not in an elevated status of spiritual authority. They are they're brothers among us, They're among the flock. You know, the Bible says, shepherd the flock among you, and so they they should be afforded the benefit. It really is a benefit of having the rest of the church around them watching their back. And we like as Christians, we need other Christians to watch our backs and tell us when we're doing something wrong and be willing to love us enough to challenge us. You know, a big part of the reason we challenge, you know, guys that we think are teaching falsely or people that are doing things in the name of Christ that are that are not biblical and are not Christian.
Speaker 4: Is because we love them.
Speaker 3: It seems like it seems like, well, if you love them, you wouldn't challenge them. But the Bible very much is in support of challenging, challenging people who you love. Yeah, it's an exercise of Christian love to watch our pastors back they need. I mean, pastors are out there kind of floating in the wind sometimes feeling like if I don't do the right thing from the pulpit.
Speaker 4: Or I don't have the music of the right volume, or the carpet the right color or whatever I'm going to get, I'm going to get torched.
Speaker 3: Right, These people are going to fire me, They're going to kick me out, and so it's very unstable. They need to know that if you're faithful to preach the Word, you're faithful to preach the full council of the Word into the culture, that there are other men and women in your church that love you and they have your back and they'll go to the map for you. It's really important that they know that they're not our employee, that they are our fellow believer and that we're they have our support.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I think the Bible, man, I know, the Bible teaches us that we can learn to know the Good Shepherd's voice.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: The Lord Jesus said, my sheep know my voice. Right, I'm the good Shepherd. So when we spend time in his words on a consistent basis and around more mature Christians, people who have gone through a longer or maybe they're faster learners than their spiritual walks, everybody learns differently. We learned the voice of the Lord Jesus, the Good Shepherd. I think this is an ultimate defense when a church will start to fall. Let me give you some personal examples you can have in this society where Satan is just just abusing kids with gender confusion. You'll have a teenager who might come home and say, yeah, well, Mom, what do you know? You're a SIS woman. The first time you hear your teenagers say, you need to stop and say it. Wait, hold on a second, what does that mean? Sis? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Explain?
Speaker 1: And you know, but this means that your child has begun speaking the language of the enemy. So when our church fell, it was preceded by one of our pastors who began doing sermons about the earth. And I sat and listened to a sermon one day about the earth, and he sprinkled in some Jesus. You know, that's the here's my view. I want climate change legislation, Let's sprinkle some Jesus on top of that. And then a sermon that didn't contain a single word of God. And I did. What you're supposed to do is to go personally to the pastor and say, I'm pretty disturbed that was a political speech. You didn't contain the word of God at all. So are there signs like that that we can see in our churches that are their key words or key phrases, or is there a line of attack the enemies using those commonly to get pastors to spread lies.
Speaker 3: Well, certainly it's you know, christ As Christians, we were kind of predisposed to try to be understanding, to try to hope all things, and to assume anything that's being you know, pushed in or or promoted.
Speaker 4: In the name of Jesus.
Speaker 3: We were we've kind of been trained to not to back off and not really judge that in the way that we should. And so the the these worldly ideologies, these ideologies that are not found in scripture, they're found outside of scripture, very often found in you know, long standing worldviews that oppose a biblical worldview. They sneak in on that basis. So we we when when a pastor is preaching from the Word of God, when they're actually taking the meaning of the text and teaching that we call that exo Jesus. They're explaining the meaning of the text. But what you're describing in in this situation was what we would call is of Jesus. They're reading outside meaning into the text, and it sounds like in this case it's just like, well, I'm going to say Jesus a few times and sort of try to christianize, right, Yeah, And so for the guy in the pews, it's basically be aware of these godless ideologies that are out there. Be aware of the godlessness of modern climate change ideology, the godlessness of modern gender ideology, the godlessness of modern race ideology, and in critical race theory, these kinds of things.
Speaker 4: Be aware of what those are.
Speaker 3: So that when you hear something that's being said being done in the name of Jesus or taught in the name of Jesus. But you recognize the content is not biblical and it actually matches with one of these other unbiblical ideologies, that's the time to do exactly what you did and question him and say you didn't get that from the Bible, Where did that come from?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I've been a proponed to the idea that the most powerful form of propaganda is something called the propaganda of silence. So if yes, no one discusses it, then how do you know it's happening. So this is used by the mockingbird media all the time, the propaganda of silence. Our media here is really loath to report on what Elon Musk did when he lit this flame in England by actually drawing attention back to this insane scandal of these gangs of Pakistani men going and sexually assaulting girls and grooming them and turning them out right, that he has lit this flightman, Now there's this outrage. The power of the mockingbird media here is to say, yeah, we're not going to talk about that. They did this with the lies of transgenderism. Oh that's not happening. There's no sex at in the schools. They just ignored it. I think it's harder to look at a church body and observe that, wait, we're not going to talk about the definition of marriage. We're not going to revisit this. I mean, this is a big deal abortion. The left tried to make that a huge election issue, and we're not going to talk about the sanctity of life. Do you think that's a harder challenge for people in the pews that they have to now observe the silence and then maybe go ask like, hey, why are we.
Speaker 4: Silent on this? Yeah? Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: It is because again, I mean, you want to trust your pastor you want to trust the people that you believe God has placed in these positions. And so when they sin, and they will their men and you know, they're the regular guys when they sin or they air a lot of churches and the thing is you don't see it until it's too late. But a lot of churches let in the church members, let this go on, Let this go on and metastasize until it's too late, and now there's a church split or it's too late and now there's a sex scandal from the pulpit, and that entire time that man placed in that position was basically robbed of the benefits of having his fellow believers hold him accountable. He needed that, and a lot of churches deny it to him because it's it's hard work challenging somebody, especially somebody who who everybody else sees as as the leader and they and they are they're supposed to be leading within that congregation. Challenging that person sometimes comes with a significant cost. I mean, and a lot of us that have done this kind of work, I mean, we know we've paid that cost. Like our church is a Southern Baptist church, and I mean the Southern Baptist Convention, and the guys that run that won't pick up the phone for me, you know, like I'm I'm for son and on grata over there. But that's the price that sometimes has to be paid to be to be willing to challenge when it needs to happen, even though it's an exercise of love.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: And I've pointed this out that there's people who are not church going Christians, or maybe I would refer to as as cultural Christians or ethnic Christians. And my family is Christian, therefore I think I'm Christian. They won't necessarily know the name like JD. Greer, I mean Pastor Greer. I have some of his books at home, Win by Losing, and I actually think he has been God's worked through him phenomenally to grow that church and to make it a church that turns out disciples. So imagine my shock when I hear Pastor Greer saying, yeah, we should use the fake pronouns and we should respect that. And I know the answer spiritually, it is the deceiver, the distort or Satan himself who's causing this. But how did the Southern Baptist Convention, I mean, how did people there not notice that they were going so far off the rails in so many ways?
Speaker 3: Well, in the Southern Baptist Convention, because it's not a denomination and churches are churches are autonomous, then kind of do what they want, but like to use JD.
Speaker 4: Grew.
Speaker 3: He's a pastor out in North Carolina, a big I mean megachurch, multi sit megachurch, recommended using preferred pronouns, and I for him, it's interesting because I don't think it was this church that really kind of got him back on, because he repented of that later, he.
Speaker 4: Quit doing that later.
Speaker 3: I think it was actually the the you know websites like hours and the Information Age and the Internet then exposed this and and and helped bring to bear just common sense wisdom. You know, I'm basically saying, hey, you know, preferred pronouns are lying. You know, you're not permitted to bear false witness just to make somebody feel you be the first.
Speaker 1: Person I've met actually repeats that to me, like, I can't lie. And I defended my pastory. He'd said about the injections, Well, look, if you're told to take him, if to take him, and I had to say to my pastor, no, I'm going to write you a piece on this. These are not vaccines.
Speaker 4: This is a lie.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to inject my body with a lie, just like the mask is a lie.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm going to an even thing word doing.
Speaker 3: I mean, Biblically speaking, we bodily autonomy is a biblically derived right for human beings.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 3: You don't have a right to tell me how to stay healthy. That's actually a responsibility God gave to me, and the responsibility God gave to me for my family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super super well said, So, I want to get to the work of a guy named Andy Stanley. Here at a second with David Morrel Moral and I want you to talk about some of the bigger person You wrote a great piece and kind of reviewing a friend of yours book Shepherd's for Sale, which is an important book we should talk about. So in a second I want to show people this and the Stanley video because this is the fear of Oh gosh, we're gonna get called bad names. And we'll continue this discussion with David. When you find out you wasted money something, how do you feel like you purchase something and it's utter junk. That drives me crazy because a lot of new products are utter junk. Like I'll tell you something. There's no good washer or dryer that's digital. This is a fact. It can't be argued. And I'll tell you why I say this, because no digital washer or dryer knows what clothes or stink and dry. You ever notice this. You pay all this money for this dryer, you put your clothes in there, and it stops because oh, we've decided it's dry. There's no setting for stop deciding things you're dry. There's so many things like this. There's also just money that you may have wasted. You could go through if you go right now to your bathroom cabinet or wherever you keep your medications, pull down bottles of VIBERPROFI set them in front of you. What are they twenty nine bucks a pop? Nineteen bucks of pop. You're taking that stuff to fight inflammation because you've got joint pain, you got muscle pain. A lot of that is caused by poor circulation. A lot of that then causes you to move poorly. Therefore you end up with a lot of muscle problems. You can end up with muscles shrinking, becoming inactive. Then you move less than you get more inflammation. So take every one of those bottles and look at them and understand that not only is that money wasted, every single one of those bottles has caused more inflammation in your body. So here's some fixes for this. High levels of omega three is tons of water. Like I drink about four hundred ounces of water a day, consistent exercise, consistent stretching, and that may not be enough in my case. It's not, so I supplement with native path krill antarctic krill oil. Here's why I eat fish three times a day, usually salmon, I'm effectively a pescatarian that has a lot of Omega three in it, but it's not as absorbable as nativepathcrill. It is fifty percent fish, is fifty percent less absorbable than curl oil. It also comes from some not great waters. Native pathcrill comes from seventy three miles off the Antarctic coast, the cleanest waters in the world. Three sorts of Omega threes, and one study showed it reduced joint pain twenty eight percent in seven days. Another show that reduced blood clots sixty percent. And I'm not going to tell you what to do other than I'm going to tell you what to do. Go invest in your health with Native pathcrill. Go to getcrill dot com slash todd. That's get krill dot com slash todd. See what sort of savings they have for you at getkrill dot com slash todd. David Moral, this is again from Protestia dot com and your corresponding Twitter channel. Pastor Andy Stanley compares Christians calling Democrats evil to well, let's see if y'all can guess.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Political affiliation has become the litmus test for orthodoxy. I hope you haven't seen this, but let me just tell you what I'm about to tell you is not kind of off in a corner. This is main line speaking and posting, and books are written in chapters and books are written about this right now. The current thing for the last three or four years is that you can't. I was going to put this on the screen, but there are things I should never put on a screen to have a picture taken because anyway, so you know what the messaging is now, this isn't in the corner. These are If I name the people who are saying these things, you've heard of most of them.
Speaker 1: You've read some of their books.
Speaker 5: That you can't be a Christian and be a Democrat. You you can't possibly be a true Christian if you're a Democrat, which is absolutely absurd.
Speaker 1: But what's even more absurd.
Speaker 5: Is as conservative Christians Republicans demonize democrats, all democrats, and you can't possibly be a Christian. As they demonize democrats, they basically go against one of Jesus' primary teachings. Instead of loving their enemies, all these lost democrats, they demonize them. They make democrats the enemy. And what did Jesus tell us to do with our enemies. Anybody, remember, Yeah, So let me just say that those of you who are conservative politically like me.
Speaker 1: If you do that, stop it.
Speaker 5: You can disagree, but you don't write somebody off as bad and evil. Here's why you think it's just think it's just kind of funny. You study history. All that has to happen in any country is for a majority to decide a minority is evil. And once they're evil, they're cockroaches, and they're rats.
Speaker 1: And cockroaches rats gets us too, of course, Nazi Germany. Hey, you guessed it. Congratulations, chicken dinner Winter. So who is this guy and why does Andy Stanley? I mean, he matters because he is created by God in his image, and we have that we are to love our enemies, absolutely right, But why does he have the footprint that he does and what is his influence?
Speaker 3: Well, so Andy Stanley is a another megachurch pastor down down in Georgia, but son of Charles Stanley, who was kind of a kind of a well known name and then sort of history of conservative evangelicalism. And then his son Andy starts his own church a little while ago, kind of build into a big empire. But Andy Stanley is in the category of what I would describe as seeker sensitive pastors seeker sensitive churches, which are churches that have basically designed themselves around appealing to unbelievers and lost people that come to visit the church. And not that there's anything wrong with evangelism or anything wrong with preaching the gospel, but that's actually not what church services are for. So what ends up happening is the what should be worship of God, preaching of the Word of God, the gathering of of of Christians together becomes it it becomes degraded as they start to change things in their church to appeal to the to the sensibilities of people that.
Speaker 4: Aren't followers of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: And so so I mean, I mean Andy Stanley's church has been They've they've they've gone soft on l g B t Q issues. They've they've gone soft on, uh, you know, the roles of men and women in ministry. They had a conference very recently that they didn't stream or anything like that because I think they knew what was going to happen. They basically have had told parents how to to handle their their l g B t Q identifying children not by telling them what God says and what the Bible says, but by affirming their feelings and affirming these things. How to how to basically minister to your quote unquote gay children. That's that's been a big part of what they do. But you saw in that Andy Stanley clip, he didn't he didn't really deal with the issue. He challenged the terms. This is a big problem not only in just our postmodern society, where people they don't actually talk about the idea in and of itself as strongly connected with the term. They deconstruct a term. So if someone says, you know, like, hey, democrats can't be Christian, well the next thing you should be asking is what do you mean by democrats and what do you mean by Christian? If you can really solidify those two things, now you can actually judge whether that statement is true or not. So if someone like me says, well, you can't be a Democrat and a Christian, what I'm really saying is you can't be a democrat as defined by democrat ideology and politics and believe those things in any sort of consistency with being a Bible believing Christian. That believes what the Bible teaches about things. Those two things are not compatible. Well Andy just throws that out the window, and he says, no democrat is just whatever somebody says it is if they say they're a democrat.
Speaker 1: There's a great very confusing, very confusing. There's a great book called the Gay Gospel. If you read this book. I haven't read it, okay, I know. So it's written by a guy who was a pastor and then he had these same sex attraction feelings. It haunted him and he gave in. So he and look, that's a super hard thing. Anyone who thinks it's not hard has never really really had a conflict of heart and emotionally romantically, never been through divorce or anything like that. I mean things are hard sometimes. Or saying no to a relationship that you shouldn't have, like, it's hard. So he fell and he then had this racked with guilt. I shouldn't be doing this. I know what the Bible says. I know what it says about sexuality. And then David he found a same sex attracted friendly church. And here's the pitch.
Speaker 4: Here's the pitch.
Speaker 1: The Bible does say marriages between a man and a woman. But God is a loving god. He made us this way. He would never punish us for being who we are because it's unfair and God is fair and just. That's the pitch. And when people hear that, there's a great piece of research. A friend of mine did that. What liberals and moderates value in any political discourse or moral discourse is fairness and compassion. They don't think about liberty, they don't think about law and order, they don't think about af effects, they don't think about unintentional harm. Is it compassion and fair? So that really appeals to them? Well, that sounds very compassionate and fair and inspired by what you said defining our terms. Well, wait a minute, how do you define same sex attraction? Is it a feeling or an identity? And let's poke away at that a little bit. If someone is kleptomaniacal and they like to steal, is that their identity now? And where to sponsor that? This is what they're this is where to sponsor that? What I see Andy Stanley doing there is is caring in fairness, compassion in fairness.
Speaker 4: Is it fair? So?
Speaker 1: How do we out love fake love? Because we're to approach things like same sex attraction and those struggles. We're to approach them with love. We're to approach democrats who have been abused of the idea that open borders is the only way to show love to migrants or illegal immigrants. It's the only way to do it. How do we outlove them.
Speaker 3: Well, it's I would argue that that's probably not the right way to look at it. Let's hear that if we're Christians, then by definition we're believers in the power of the Holy Spirit of God to do work in and among us, and in and among our culture. And so you know, my encouragement is always to not try to lean on our own wisdom and understanding and our own strength. And if I can only explain it this way, then maybe they'll quit doing this that I know is sinful, but but be willing to pay the price for preaching the truth in love and patience, and and you know what the Bible will describe as long suffering. So for somebody, somebody who's struggling with same sex attraction, they know that it's wrong scripturally, they know what the Bible teaches. Our job is not to try try to win them over by our own cunning and understanding. It's basically to say, this is what the Bible teaches. I love you, and because I love you, I'm not going to withhold this from you, and you might hate me for it. You Jesus said, I've come to divide father against son, you know, mother against daughter.
Speaker 4: That that would happen.
Speaker 3: We don't want that, I mean our of course, in our humanity, we don't want that. It's not something that we seek out. But are we willing to pay the price. Because the biggest way that this kind of thing this especially with kids, I mean that the transgender stuff with kids and the you know my kid is I mean five year olds and I think he's he's differently attracted or he's. The way that this infiltrates well meaning churches, well meaning Christian households and things, is because they are unwilling to put their allegiance to God and his truth above the relationship.
Speaker 4: So like.
Speaker 3: And we find this with conservative Christian pastors and all of a sudden, they flip the switch and they're teaching something different than what the Bible teaches about gender. And ninety nine times out of one hundred you find that this was a personal relationship. This this this was like my son came out, my daughter came out, my my niece or something was you know, their parents were claiming that she was a boy trapped in a girl's body or something. And because they are unwilling to, because they're really idolizing and loving their relationships more than they're loving God, they change, they compromise, they flip, and it's really tough. I don't even deny how tough that is when there's a there's a situation in our families and people that we love that are now being disobedient. But the question is do you love God and his truth more? And are you willing to be consistent with them? And like, no, I can't go there. I'm not changing what I believe about this. Right, you need to repent, please, I'm baking you repent.
Speaker 1: And I'm not suggesting that we go there with them on the pronouns, et cetera. I'm going to share with you in a second an example of what I mean. There's this great debate about and you probably know you're far more educated than I am, who actually said share the Gospel with everyone you know, and when necessary, use words right, right, and there's another. Okay, So I want to give you an example of what I mean in terms of out loving them, and I'll share it is a personal example, and never change my views, will not. I'm very public. It be very difficult for anyone in my family to not ascertain my views on these things. I shouldn't have to do what I'm going to do in a couple months, which is go get on an airplane, fly from where I live near or in North Idaho, fly down to Dallas, have a long wait over, and then fly into Port of Art to Mexico. And I love it down there. I love the city, I love the people. It's a new resource. I haven't been to this one. I've seen it in pictures. It's just across the street from renewed Dot Healthcare. I'm going to go down there and get another stem cell treatment. I shouldn't have.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 1: I should be able to drive up the street and get stem cells and instantly. Of course, I would never use stem cells from abortions. It's unthinkable to me, never ever do that. This is medical waste. In our country. Placentas and umbilical cords are treated as medical waste, not by renew they contact parents and they pay for the childbirthing process all the way through it. They monitor the health of the mother and the baby or babies throughout that process and afterwards to make sure that the babies and mothers are healthy. Therefore highest quality stem cells. They take them in Mexico and they culture them. Those stem cells. The magic is this, they're building cells. They're just sitting there teeming with energy to build cartilage, muscle, tendon, and they fight inflammation. They destroy inflammation, and when they're putting your body into a specific location, they help you heal. They can even prevent surgery. Kevin, what I do in the gym and outside the gym, I'm gonna go down and get my shoulders looked at, my lower back looked at, and I'm no one going to get some of that treatment. You can too, even if you are in a serious situation like traumatic brain injuries. Yes, I've seen people go into renew paralyzed, hemispherically paralized and walk out. They're that good. Go to renew dot Healthcare. It's r e n u E dot Healthcare. R e n u e dot Healthcare. Telling me you're part of the Todd Hermanshaw family. David Morrel. I had this this family reunion this past spring, and one of our family members, Uh is of the opinion that she is a man, and I love her, and she's far younger than me, and I was I felt stress and worry about this, and then I went to the Bible. Okay, I knew I wasn't going to refer to her with male pronouns. I can't. I can choose to not use pronouns. My primary motivation there was to let me disappear for her to experience God's love through me. And so when I saw her and approached her, I screwed up because I couldn't remember the new name. She corrected me, I'm willing to use the name. That's her name. That's not a lie, that's her name. She's changed her name. And after we'd spent some time together, something amazing happened. David, a homeless woman having a psychotic break drove up into the mountains, I think, to kill herself, and my family member found her and screamed for help, and I ran up the hill and she and I together partnered in helping this young girl. And then my sister came up a liberal nurse practitioner, a liberal, very progressive, very terrified of Trump. And she and I then tended to that girl for the rest of the day, pretty much ignoring the family reunion because she needed it to be safe. Here's what happened is when I was leaving, I got an opportunity to walk up to this young woman who is gender confused, and I meant this, and this is what the Holy Spirit gave me is I came to her and said, I know you and I disagree in something fundamentally important to you. I know that, and you know that, but I want you to know I am delighted to see you. Well, I love you, I'm very proud of the career building, and I want you to know that God has given you some great, great gifts. And her response emotionally not why I said it, but to see tears in her eyes and a recognition that you still love me, and a recognition of there's this thing you and I disagree on it and you know it. My primary goal was that she walked away with Wait, where was the hate filled Christian wishing me to hell? That's what I mean by sharing the Gospel when not using words that wow, that old man family member. He actually read he does love me because I saw tears in his eyes. Does that make sense? That's what I'm talking about outloving them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, and that is that is a it is a valid component in something that we should all be doing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jesus teaches us to love our enemies, right, So what what does that mean? He's he's he's He's not teaching us that somebody who is violating the rights of others, or somebody that is attacking us or our families, that we just sit there and take it.
Speaker 4: That's not what he's teaching.
Speaker 3: But he is teaching that we are to be selfless in our approach to everybody else, so they can know as is as you outline there, that we disagree that we believe this is this is a I mean, a sinful problem. This is a problem that can separate you from the kingdom even and yet still in my role is I'm going to love you as much as I can. I'll give you the shirt off my back. I don't you know that what you believe or what you practice in this area, or those kinds of things, it has no impact on my desire to love view.
Speaker 4: But who defines love, well, God defines love.
Speaker 3: So love for her is going to be not compromising the truth, not being unwilling to tell her and and really like you know, following the leading of the spirit in that conversation, right, the Spirit of God will tell us now is the time that you need to really tell them the truth? Or now is the time when you need to just love them materially. And that's yeah, that can be difficult to navigate sure for Christians. But the important thing to know is that love is not defined by their preferences. Love is not defined by their feelings.
Speaker 4: Or what they want.
Speaker 3: But love does involve, you know, materially caring for people that we know are in sin. We know that that you know or you know we believe or lost, we still care for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think that God placed that young girl there who is having this psychotic break and she'd you know, a drug user. She still had on her on her wrist a hospital bracelet because she'd checked herself out of treatment. I believe God placed her right there so that my younger family member would be the first to finder and scream for help, and I would be the second one there so that she could go, Wow, this old man, he's like tossing everything aside, freezing, giving this girl his coat as this like terrible spring snow is falling on him. And I'm not trying to take credit for it. I mean we're called to do that. I want to place one more video clip here.
Speaker 4: This is a.
Speaker 1: False pastor awoke. In pastor, by the way, you should trademark that if you invented that, that's a great phrase. And in pastor talking about the militaristic bs and I want to get your reaction to this and talk about militarism in the church. And there are people who online are really really proposing that Christians get overtly militaristic, that you know what, the Christian army should go seize the Middle East, We should go seize these countries. We should forcibly physically fight back. And I want to talk about that trend. Let's watch this video together.
Speaker 6: And the last Sunday of the church here today is also designated to be sort of traditionally Christ the King Sunday, or in modern times more likely called Reign of Christ Sunday. And the point is this, I do not like the concept of Christ the King Sunday, and I really don't want to preach on it. And the reason is that it has traditionally gotten preached as a kind of a triumphalist victory over all our enemies, militaristic kind of thing, and I think a that has no relationship whatsoever with the notion of unconditional love that I believe is at the heart of the Gospel. And B Jesus would be utterly horrified to be worshiped in that kind of way. And see, that kind of militaristic has absolutely no place in church.
Speaker 1: But at least try to remember the rest of my sermon.
Speaker 6: So it has no place. And I dislike it because it leads to all kinds of evil crap, like Christian nationalism, which I declare to be a heresy, which also leads to all kinds of evil, divisive.
Speaker 1: Crap like Well, I really like a sermon with BS and the sea word in it for feces, because that's the emphasis we need. So she's making this statement that's Christ the King is a militaristic statement. It's about stomping on her enemies. She's not going to preach that that's bs, that sea word for for excrement, your response to that, and the response in the comment sections and her if she had any what's how do you feel about all that?
Speaker 3: Well, there's a there's a Christian nationalism as defined by the left, by like the Marxist left that's in Western culture, which is a very different thing than sort of the Christian nationalism that has talked about within It's sort of evangelical with a church conversation. And yeah, so this is this is a pastors as we like to call female pastors, a pastors at a at a very very radical I believe it was an evangelical Lutheran church, and that that denomination has been very left for a very long time. It and and basically pushing this idea that if you say Christ is King, that's some sort of you know, dog whistle or something like that for some sort of militaristic, uh, you know, takeover countries and Christianize them kind of a thing. And well, yeah, I'm sure there's some people on the fringes that support that kind of idea. That the thing that I always pull from it is to want a Christian nation is not to say that we want a nation full of regenerate Christians.
Speaker 4: There's no way. We can prove that anyway.
Speaker 3: But I do want a nation where our laws and our system and our our civil governance and things is derived as it has been for the history of this country, derived from Biblical precepts, from Christian understandings of justice, the the amago day, the sanctity of the individual as the rights bearer that then gives the gives up some of that for the purpose of governing a nation, but that they are the originators of you know, God gives us rights and then we give some of that in as as we desire to to a government. I mean that is my definition of a Christian nation is a nation that that operates itself in accordance with God's standards. And yeah, there's gonna be some there's gonna be some personal elements to that, right. I mean, our our system of governance is is is good for what for for a sound and moral people. It's it's it's wholly unfit for any other. That's a true thing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So obviously we're gonna have to fight a culture war.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to fight a war for our legal system, and we're gonna have to fight, you know, for laws and government and structure to be what they are. But we're also gonna have to fight the culture war of you know, that's sinful behavior, you shouldn't do that. And I think that's that that's what they really That's what she's really taking the issue with this is like, what do you mean you're you mean you're gonna tell me that that's that that's simple and that's wrong, and that I can't be whatever gender I want and so on and so forth.
Speaker 4: I think I think that's what her her real beef was right.
Speaker 1: And I think that Christian nationalism for me, a Christian nation does not mean what a lot of leftists fear it means. And I have family members if fear it means this, that we take over the government and then we come along and say, okay, convert or die. And it's funny, I've never saw Jesus do that one single time, because he could have made his work a lot shorter if he just came along and got like a thousand people said hey watch this, I'm lord about to me. No, okay, you're all dead now next up right. It could have been short and easy, but he chose to do it the way he chose to do it. You know, it's far too much of this, David, and I don't know. I think I have time to discuss this other than talking about Shepherd's for sale. In just a second, I got a really cool surprise from my friend Tim, who manufactures coffee, where I'm just going to show this to you. This is just now available. This is for which one? That one?
Speaker 4: That one?
Speaker 1: Okay, that one. I'm putting it at that camera.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Pand it back forward. Is it helpful if I move it back and forth like that? It's not okay? This is a bone Frog Coffee's bag for Saint Patrick's Dane. If you're not watching listening on audio, I know that's frustrating, so let me translate. It has the Celtic cross on it, bone Frog coffee on the top, Irish true medium dark roast on the back. There is a story about this from Tim and this is what's in this bag. It says God Country Team all their bags say that. Because Tim is a retired Navy seal. He did three deployments on her behalf as a medica attached to the seal teams. Then he was a BUDS instructor. Here's what he wrote in the back of the bag. And I do know Tim wrote this. He also, by the way, I don't know if it's supposed to tell you this he actually created. He drew that cross. That's actually Tim Krukshank createdim man of many talents. Irish True embodies the essence of authenticity, staying true to one's values even in the face of life challenges. It reflects the indomitable fighting spirit of the Irish, the eternal bond of brotherhood, and the deep love and loyalty we share with one another across future. On this bag symbolizes a God first mentality and pays homage to my family's Celtic heritage. Legend has it that Saint Patrick introduced the Celtic cross to Ireland in the ninth century, lending Christian faith with Irish tradition. Our cross is uniquely designed and you can export deepermitting on our website. May the road rise up to meet you, May the window always be at your back, and may your cup always be full. Celebrate the spirit the Irish spirits every day with Irish Io. And then he does have the American flag, but also the Irish flag in the back. That's new right there, so you can get that at Bonefrog Coffee dot com. Slash Todd gets ten percent off your first purchase fifteen percent off subscription coffee. This is a limited time offer because it's not going to be always headed up to Saint Patrick's Day. It's cool bag and we're gonna try the guy. Oh by the way, the coffee. Oh gosh, I forgot what blends this are. So I'm sorry. I'll get this next time, but I'll taste this that we just got him. I'll test you, give you a taste review Bonefrog Cooffee dot com slash todd. There's a resource and we didn't get to this. I kind of got just distracted in our conversation. But you have a friend of yours who's written the book called Shepherds for Sale, and it seems that you think this is a great tool for pastors and people in congregation. And the last few minutes give us a download on that book of why you think it's a important an important tool and a book that people should own.
Speaker 3: So so back in back in July, Daily Wire reporter Megan Bachelor released a book called Shepherds for Sale, in which she basically had spent the last two years chronicling the leftist infiltration into different parts of American event especially American Evangelicalism, but American Christianity in general, through institutions, seminaries, you know, podcasters and influencers, pastors and pulpits, uh, you know, Christian media outlets like Christianity Today and these kinds of things, and and like I bought a couple couple of copies of the book and for my pastors, you know, my church, just to to keep aware of what's going on out there.
Speaker 4: But there are a lot of things.
Speaker 3: As guys are pastoring on a daily basis and there, and they're shepherding their local flocks, they can't possibly stay informed of everything going on on in the broader in the broader conversation, the broader culture. And so I mean that's why websites like protests you exist. And Meg Bashm's book Shepherds for Sale used a lot of our some of our research and things as well, which I appreciated. But it's it's kind of a good just a real good resource and catching pastors up about Okay, how when when I'm hearing these things coming into the church, where I'm hearing the institutions I trust start pushing critical theory and start pushing uh, you know, racial ideology that that it's unbiblical, Where did it come from? How did it get here? Who are who are the proponents of this. It's a really good resource. For that reason, I told people like, don't go buy this book and bash your pastor over the head with it. Say oh, I heard that in your sermon and you know you're you're anathma or something. Don't do that, but but use it as a resource to help catch them up with with with what's going on in the broader conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. And congratulations on Protestia the Twitter channel. We every time we use your clip I I or clips I really try to give you credit. And I hope you'll come back from time to time and join us. And you're welcome any time here. Appreciate your work and just thank you for letting God use you that way.
Speaker 4: David. I appreciate you deeply. Thank you, thanks to I appreciate the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the Todd Herban Show. Please go be well, be strong, be kind, and just make every effort on a daily basis to walk in the light of Christ.