Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I was hoping for some bagpipes or something, but I'll allow the Cranberrys. They are from Ireland and they are one of my favorite bands from my youth, from high school, I think in the nineties, so I'll allow it.
Speaker 1: Was this you or was this our guy Christopher.
Speaker 3: In Irish band Yep, really good song, really good radio bump a guest request.
Speaker 1: Love it and as you mentioned on the theme, the.
Speaker 2: Irish gotta love it, gotta love it all right, we go to Dublin, Ireland, where we find our guy, Chris Comraddi from the Athletic on a Friday.
Speaker 3: C K.
Speaker 1: How we doing man? Set the scene? What's it like over there?
Speaker 3: Well, it's nighttime. I'm in my hotel room and I'm watching Irish rugby on my Telly.
Speaker 2: Very nice, very nice. What's what's the weather like over There's? What's the weather like to this time of year?
Speaker 3: It's well, it's been fantastic the last two days, like I hit the jackpot. It's been sixty five to seventy haven't needed a coat, thorts and a T shirt. I've walked probably over thirty miles in the last two days, just taking in the sights and hitting all the necessary places. It's a treat man like, I wouldn't want to be here when it's cold and windy and pissing rain, but I am going to take advantage of what I have in front of me, and what I have in front of me is sunny Dublin.
Speaker 1: Got to love it.
Speaker 2: So over the course of the past forty eight hours, have you seen the sites?
Speaker 1: Have you done the tourist thing?
Speaker 2: What's because I know you had some boxes you wanted checked over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've done a little bit of both, you know. Obviously part of my assignment here is trying to get the flavor of Americana, basically invading Ireland for forty eight hours. Not only do we have this college football game, but WWE SmackDown is also in town. So I went to the Three Arena to check out the folks who are getting ready to go, who were getting ready to go to SmackDown tonight. It's been a trip, man, to say the least. But yeah, I got to go see Trinity College, which was amazing. Got to see lots of cool churches and one fascinating thing about Ireland is they make you pay for everything, and I'm too cheap to pony up twenty to thirty euros to walk into a church. I can see it from the outside. It's old. I've seen lots of churches in Europe. But I'm just at the point in my life where i don't necessarily have to fork over the money, and it hasn't slowed me down in that sense. I've been able to just kind of take some sites in and move on to the next. But it's a really cool city, really beautiful architecture. They blended the old and the new very very well. And my hotel is, you know, within walking distance of Aviva Stadium where the game is tomorrow, so I have no complaints, which is rare.
Speaker 1: That is very rare.
Speaker 2: K State is a three point favorite over Iowa Stay tomorrow, so two big twelve teams both in the top twenty five. Will you be covering the game with a certain angle in mind? Or are you just trying? Are you just trying to kind of see what you know? The reaction is to the folks over there to college football? What how will you what sort of prism will you be watching that game through tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to only react and write in the prism that can captivate somebody like you, who is my target audience. So it will be breakdown of you know, very key moments of the game, personnel shifts, motions, all the types of things that we usually we talk about. We are experts at No, I'm definitely making a very bad joke. No, to me. The fascinating part of this whole thing, Spence, is how this has become not only a routine on an annual basis for college football, but it's going to continue and by all accounts, it's been very successful. I think this is the best matchup that they've had since starting this Classic a few years ago. It's a top twenty five matchup. They haven't had that. You know, last year they had Georgia Tech and Florida State that didn't travel very well between the two teams. It's estimated to be upwards of twenty five thousand fans who are in Dublin between Iowa State and Kansas State. And I was at the Kansas State PEP rally today and it was insane, like there are so many people here from both Kansas State and Iowa State. But yeah, I mean the prison will be like be paying obviously be paying attention to a top twenty five game. It's one of the oldest rivalries in college sports. I think it's one hundred and ninth or one hundred and tenth straight time that they've played played each other, which is, like, I think, one of the oldest running rivalries in college football. And just you know, the scenes, and you know, I'm all about the scenes and the vibes, and you know, it is unique here to say the least. You know, I stopped by an Irish high school football game tonight because they played here, and you can buy beer and espresso at the games. A little different than covering high school football and draper on a Friday night. But yeah, just kind of the dichotomy of what football represents in the States versus the potential growth overseas is kind of what I'm looking at the moment.
Speaker 2: Do you know the origin story how this kind of came about. It is a little bit of a random location for a college football game, and you know, the NFLCK for a number of years has discussed the potential of wanting to capture the European audience, and I don't know if there's anything here as far as drawing a parallel part of it kind of feels similar to the way folks who believe soccer will catch on over here at some point. And soccer certainly has its footprint, but it will never capture the hearts and imaginations of as many Americans as football has. And I don't think there's any way that football will ever capture Europeans the way that soccer has or football over there. But are you familiar with the backstory how this game kind of came to be in the spot that you find yourself in today.
Speaker 3: Well, if we want to go really far back in time, the kind of the bedrock of this, the start of this is when the NFL had its first international game in London in two thousand and seven. That was a big swing by the league. A lot of people didn't think it was a good idea, a lot of people didn't think it would work. And you know, I think if we're talking about kind of the one off, meaning like once or twice or even three times a year, from an NFL perspective, it works, and it has worked. They've played games in Germany, they've played games in London, they're playing games for a second straight year in Brazil starting the season. So the appetite internationally for a minimal amount of football games is there. From the aer LINGUS College Football Classic as it is known here. Spence Is organizers with air lingas the airline and folks just approached people in the US and said, like, this is a this is an untapped market. It is a it is a pretty enticing destination vacation spot for a lot of Americans because of obviously we are we have such a deep Irish you know culture embedded with you know, with so many I mean, I'm sure you have Irish ancestry. I have Irish ancestry pretty much everybody and most people in America have Irish ancestry. So the very popular tourist spot. So they just sold it, say like come on over. And obviously when Notre Dame was here, that was kind of the you know, the bell of the ball. And frankly, I think they should try to make Notre Dame like part of you know, this rotation more often than not, because it just makes sense. But you know, they approached Kansas State, uh I think it was sixteen months ago, and talked to Chris Climb and the head coach and Jean Taylor, the athletic director, and said, like, would you be interested in giving up not only a home game, a conference home game, but a conference home game against your probably your biggest rival outside of Kansas and sold them on it. And by all accounts so far, it's it's been. It's been a hit among the fans that decided to come. And I mean, anytime you can sell out a European stadium for any sport, it's going to be cool. I think tomorrow will be especially unique, just because the setup of the field. I mean it's they're playing in a Viva stadium, which is where you know Ireland national teams for soccer and rugby play, so it's a beautiful stadium. It's just up the road and I think it's going to remind me of like when I was covering the Olympics, like in Brazil. Just I think the vibes there, the setup of stadiums internationally are a little different. So I'm fascinated to see how it plays out.
Speaker 2: Did you pack the sticks? Are you going to play Royal Port Rush? I mean, Ireland isn't far from the home of golf, which is Scotland, and as you know, when the game expanded, it expanded into the UK, including Ireland. Is did did did you have a chance to pack your your golf clubs and your Antonio Daniel's jersey and your your farming glove to maybe play some of those courses over there.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if you know this, Spence, but there's a big body of water between Ireland and the British Isle, which contains three different countries. So if I wanted to catch a train, I couldn't. I'd have to catch a flight to head over to Scotland. Albeit to say I did not pack the sticks, I just I'm not a big fan of these, you know, open courses. I'm more of a I'm more of a tree. I feel like I need to be boxed in otherwise my depth of vision is too wide. I feel like my my typical slice might slice a little harder if I don't have trees blocking my way. I'm just more of kind of an old school you know, you Utah golfer as you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, I know plenty of good courses in Ireland, but maybe your next trip over there, you cannot pack the sticks.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's move over here. So for years and years and years.
Speaker 2: I certainly have complained about it, and I know other people have too, and plenty of people that write for your outlet believe that scheduling uniformity should be mandated in college football, and the SEC for years has had this odd dynamic where like Week ten Bama schedules like Troy or something, and it's like a glorified buy well. Following the announcement that the CFP Committee is going to use these new scheduling advanced metrics to decide who's going to gain access to the CFP, the SEC has announced that they are going to go with a nine game conference schedule starting next season. Brett McMurphy is reporting now the ACC is discussing the same. The ACC is now the only P four conference that doesn't go with nine long overdue. In my opinion, and I've said this before, I'll say it again, I believe we're heading in a direction with college football where most of the cake walk games that are scheduled, if not all of them, are going to go away because TV partners want the best matchups every week. It's certainly the one thing that college does not have that the NFL does. The NFL every week. Even though there are teams in pro football that are down year to year, You're still playing a NFL team. You're not playing like a USFL team. You're playing a team that's supposed to be on your level. So what do you make of the SEC's announcement and do you think at some point we will have some sort of scheduling uniformity in the sport.
Speaker 3: Art Yes, I think because if the SEC did it, everyone else basically has to follow suit. It is a fascinating kind of turn of events because I think for the longest time, the SEC was fairly adamant that they did not want to go to nine games for obvious reasons, just because you're talking about the strongest conference in the country. You don't want your big guys to have a chance to be, you know, suffer a late season upset and maybe tumble out of a playoff spot that you covet so highly. But listen, there's been lots of random college football news in the last you know, seventy two hours since I've gone Apparently the Big Ten is proposing like a twenty eight team playoff. Now I might my head, you know, man, I'm just trying to be here in the homeland, just just trying to really sink my toes into the sand. But college football fails to stop moving, which which is not I'm not too happy about, to say the least.
Speaker 2: Well, and I talked about this yesterday. You know, Brian Rolapp front of the show. He is now the commissioner. Well, no excuse me, he's the first CEO in history of the PGA Tour. He spent twenty two years next around you Goodell at the NFL. Most people believed and maybe this will still be the case whatever Goodell has done. Most people thought Rolap would be the next commissioner. B Yu guy, family friend. So I've been able to get to know him a little bit and interview him a couple different times. He is a very impressive leader, and he addressed the media prior to the tour championship at east Lake and he used the word innovation and you know, being innovative, like four or five different times discussing his vision to capitalize on this moment golf has found itself in with all this attention worldwide, and to juxtapose that with the lack of foresight, the lack of leadership of college football. College football just seems to change for change sake, as opposed to innovate to improve the product. And I guess the reality, Chris is that you know the powers of being college football even though no one's really in charge, which I still believe is the biggest issue on a number of different levels, because all these conferences can kind of just go rogue.
Speaker 1: But they know they've got the consumer.
Speaker 2: They know that college football fans week in and week out are going to tune in and consume the product.
Speaker 1: They know they've got us.
Speaker 2: And if you add on the layer that over the past four or five years, the widespread acceptance of sports betting has even upped the interest level because there's so many degenerates to take out second mortgages on their home to place a bet on you know, Pharma Geddon or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: They know they've got everybody.
Speaker 2: And so therefore I don't feel like they really feel urgency to actually fix the issues that plague the sport. The twenty eight team expanded CFP is like the dumbest thing that I've heard even thrown out there in years, and they've thrown out a number of dumb things. It eliminates conference championships, and it diludes Chris the most in my opinion, appealing thing about this sport, which is the prescient, urgent nature of every single game. To me, you have to maintain that or else you do away with what makes this sport great.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Oh, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I've said on the show often the last couple of years that it makes no sense for the powers that be to relinquish any sort of power they currently have because what you said exactly, the consumer has shown their willingness to adopt and roll with the punches no matter what. Listen, man, I'm always going to point to that example of that. You know that massive super league that got proposed in Europe a couple of years ago, and who's fans like boycotted the games. It wasn't the little guys. It was the Manchester United fans. It was the super the fans of the super clubs that would have benefited from this. They were the ones that were up in arms. Fandom doesn't really work like that in the States, So I think so long as the folks who are at the top will continue to stay at the top, I don't think that they will have a problem with it no matter what, so long as they have a chance to compete for a national title, which has also been part of the news cycle too, because apparently Auburn decided they've won seven championships or something too this week. Like, listen, man, I understand that this is a long offseason, but this week has really really shown us that we just to get to some games because people are kind of acting out, you know.
Speaker 1: The other, well, not just the other.
Speaker 2: One of the other reasons why college football needs a governing body with a commissioner is to put in place a comprehensive media policy that every team needs to follow. So I continue to compare college football to the NFL on a number of different levels, because I do believe we are headed towards a model that looks like that. In the NFL, fans can attend practices, media can attend every practice. There are player and coach availability after every single practice. The NFL understands that the media is a conduit to sell the teams and sell the leagues to the consumer. If you juxtapose it to college football, they all act like a bunch of scared children, and they're just terrified at all times, and they want to control everything they possibly can, and they come across as just constantly being worried that some bad story is going to derail everything. I mean, you know, Deshaun Foster is the latest UCLA head coach. Utah's playing Week one. He's cut off access to players and coaches interviews after practice because he's afraid that these practices, or achieve me, that these interviews are going to be leaked to his opponents and somehow give them an advantage when they play head to head. Why is it that in college they can't just understand what the pros understand, and that is media helps sell your program to your consumer, as opposed to having, you know, just this constant state of fear, this constant state of being afraid that one interview here or one video there is going to blow the whole thing up. If there's a governing body in place, with a commissioner and an entire staff, they put a media policy in place that everybody asks to handle until they do that, program by program or conference by conference, can continues to try to exude this monicule of control when ultimately I think it blows up in their face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, listen, man, you're speaking my language. You're playing at Irish flute across across the pond. I'm loving it. Well, there's so many different layers to this conversation. One I think college football coaches would say, because they call them kids kids in quotation marks, they don't know what they'll say if they're prepared to say what they say. But I don't know what the difference is from a twenty one year old graduating from college and becoming a twenty one year old pro. And you know, that's that's part of the conversation as well, like the same they stayed pretty much the same age. But the other part of this, and it's just you know, can't be understated enough, is that, like when you become an NFL player, you become part of the players union, a union, and negotiating this type of stuff into union contracts, into these CBA, all this stuff is top of mind for both sides because they know what they're getting into. And the media part of this is a huge component of it. But from the NFL's perspective, they know it makes sense for them and the players, albeit they don't they don't probably love having people in their locker room all the time, but it's just part of the job. I agree. Like that we've talked about there's like this sense of state secrets that are, you know, at top of mind every single week come season time. And I know with the advent of the Big twelve injury report like that as you know, a new wrinkle in this whole thing. It was funny. I was at Chris Cleman's press conference yesterday and one of their beat writers asked him about his thoughts on the new Big twelve injury report, and he kind of just laughed and he was like, I know who's out, But he basically said, like Matt Campbell's not going to go read my injury report to try to get like some behind in the scenes view of you know who may or may not really tilt the fortunes of the game. I think it's a good step, but again, everybody is going to be able to utilize it one way or the other. I'm going to keep referencing things that have happened this week, even though my brain is mud. But Pelly Kyle's not going to release it too deep now because of the injury report thing too, which you know, hey, whatever, you know, you got to do your thing. But yeah, I mean it. I think it dilutes the excitement. I think you just have a huge opportunity to go out there and basically take control of how you can have your sport and how your team can be viewed, kind of the way the NFL does. I'm not saying like there will be a college football fantasy once, like, but maybe there will be. I mean, like they're who nobody ever really saw the changes of college football coming in the last five years and as swiftly as they have. But let's just say that there. It isn't as hard as they make it out to be. And if everybody just cooled their jets and you know, I don't know, set set masan a little bit, take a breather, everybody could realize that that, you know, it is a game, and you'll be fine no matter what.
Speaker 1: The paranoia is. It's pathetic. It's like laughable.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe a cold plunge potentially, maybe a cold plunge maybe.
Speaker 3: Uh oh whim howks breathing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, yes, three full rounds, thirty five breaths each, then you retain and then you release. I do it every morning, all right, Chris, You reference the news cycles since you joined the show. There's been a couple of announcements locally that I wanted to get your reaction to. Let's start down South where young Bear Bachmeyer will be the first true freshman to start for BYU in their opener, the seventh true freshman to get time, understand number, the first to start unders. He did not land in Provo until mid July. He was at Stanford for springball, and you know, I was asked the other day like, is this an indictment on the room, and I said, no, I think it's a compliment to the kid. And if you listen to a rod, he kind of tipped his hand early on.
Speaker 1: He was very effusive with his praise for Bear.
Speaker 2: But what do you make of this announcement that a true freshman will be starting for BYU this year under.
Speaker 3: Center, great name, great jersey number. I mean, that's some like Doug Flutie stuff right there. I don't think I can ever think of a college quarterback having a number above nineteen and eons. So good on Bear. Listen. BYU's quarterback situation changed dramatically because of the school that they're at, and that is the reality. Bottom line. I'm going to continue to beat the strum that like losing Jake Retzlov is a loss from a leadership perspective because he was so beloved in the locker room and had so much respect from the coaching staff. But Jake wasn't exactly like lighting up like every single team that they played last year. So now your fortunes do change potentially with a true freshman quarterback stepping in. But he was a very highly sought after recruit, and who knows, maybe if all of that stuff with Troy Taylor doesn't go down at Stanford, maybe Bear decides to stay there. You know, Like I think, if Bear turns out to be a great quarterback, that's very beneficial for BYU. I'm it's really too hard to say, like if whether or not it's an indictment on the quarterback room, because like, we still haven't seen anybody step out there and play yet. So if Bear goes out there and struggles, then, you know, if you're a BYU fan, you can hypothetically say, like, why wasn't there somebody more prepared? But if he goes out there and he handles his own and he looks ready for the moment, then people won't even remember that that was even a topic of conversation.
Speaker 2: We've known for a while who QB one is for the Utes. We now know who QB two is. And I suppose if there is a silver lining to Cameron Rising's and ability to stay healthy a year ago, it's that Utah as a backup quarterback and Isaac Wilson, with big twelve experience, seven starts, nine games played. Bert Ficklin will be the third stringer now. Coach Beck said it's two way to b whatever that means. But Isaac is the backup. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: The phrasing to me is just it's just hilarious. It makes sense that Isaac is the backup quarterback. He has clout built with that, with that locker room with Kyle. I know it's a brand new coach, offensive coaching staff pretty much, but obviously Devin damp Pier transferred in with alongside Jason Beck, so that's his guy. You know, Isaac, we talked about this. I remember we were at the Smiths on Nights South when when when it was going to be Isaac's turn to start? And so many people were so excited and I said, just kind of hump the brakes a little bit, let's see how he does. And there were definitely some growing pains, and you know, I don't think you can put much of any of that really on an eighteen year old true freshman. Like Utah failed collectively last year as a team, especially offensively, it wasn't all on Isaac. So so if you're Isaac, you know he decided to go into the portal. He probably got a lay of the land and figured, you know, it makes sense for me to come back. Assuming Devin Dampier has a good year this year, he could potentially test the NFL draft waters and then Isaac would be the presumed starter going into twenty twenty six. So we've been talking about QB two at Utah for I think way too long, regardless of who the starter is. So let's see if Devin Dampier can stay healthy so people can stop worrying about who quarterback two is.
Speaker 2: What do you think success looks like for Utah week one? At UCLA? They are a six point five point favorite.
Speaker 3: Ooh. Success at UCLA is obviously a win. I wish I could even venture a guess offensively, but I have no idea. I guess I'll say Devin dan Pier and his jolly room of running backs rush for over two hundred yards and Utah's defense holds Nico in check and they leave an old stomping ground that they haven't seen in a few years. Happy. But it's the first game of the year. You never know how everybody's going to come out, especially this Utah offense, which we've talked about. It's it's way too early to crown them, Like we haven't even seen them play a game yet, and who knows, maybe UCLA is revitalized after a very down year and with you know, landing Nico, maybe their offense is ready to take a step forward as well.
Speaker 1: So you ever considered getting a neck tattoo? Actually I have, Yeah, I think you could pull that off.
Speaker 2: I think you're one side's in the middle.
Speaker 1: Are you right or left handed?
Speaker 3: I'm right handed, so I'd probably go left side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so left side if you're right handed.
Speaker 2: I was thinking what media members could pull this off, and really it's only you and I.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 1: Well, the reason no porter could pull it off, especially with the.
Speaker 3: Long hair and the cowboy hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cowboy hat, long haired necktat reporter.
Speaker 2: But like there's no way fault could you know, like there are certain people that just couldn't pull it off. The reason I bring it up is DeAndre yedlind guest on the program yesterday Knew right back for rsl Uh thirty two years old, so certainly not in his prime, but really fun interviews. Seems like a really good guy and definitely a very interesting soccer pedigree. This is a spot that they've been rotating, like players from Fruit Heights in for a long time, and Body Hudalgo is on his way to Montreal, so they've needed to fill the spot quite frankly since they jettison Aaron Herrera. But you're the expert here, what do you make of DeAndre Yedlin here in Utah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, big big move for them. I mean, like the days of Andrew Brody and and Body Adalgo are over. They've they've tried to patch that spot up as quickly as they or like they've as badly as possible, but they haven't been able to. And now I think Noel has been pretty pretty well served in that role as a kind of an emergency right back, but his natural position is playing in the double pivot, and I think now your depth start is you know, DeAndre Edmund won Noel Kalastan two. I think ourselves needed a adult in the room, so to speak, and I don't think they have an approven MLS adult that's willing to stand up and just maybe take a locker room by the scruff and tell them what's what now They now they have landed Rapa Cabral who's been a great leader. You know, Johnny Ussell is an MLS veteran, but you know, I think DeAndre Yedlin is the type of player who has both the you know, the domestic league pedigree that the national team pedigree and just kind of the type of personality that that this that the team needs right now. And you know, woke up to see that they loaned Don mark Zuk as well, which Yike's man. I mean, you have to give Kurt and his staff credit because they realized that the moves they made were not good and they they had to do something, and they didn't sit on their hands the way they did last offseason. So, you know, I think so many fans thought that mark Zuk was going to be kind of the second iteration of Andre Skomez, a highly touted young international winger to come in and potentially develop and be the next star sold that did not turn out to be the case. Like dude did not have great body language this year. You could tell that he was probably not too happy being passed over in minutes by Xavier Gozo and Johnny Russell, who they signed off the street. But he's going to a team that's very good, so if he gets a chance to play there, maybe he'll look a lot better than he did at our cel. But he's playing on a team that probably can win the Supporter Shield and MLS Cup. So when you go to a team that's full of really good players, you often can look good too.
Speaker 2: I actually think Tom mark Zuk has a chance to really look good in that system. You know, there have been a lot of moments that he's shown his skill, but it just hasn't been consistent enough. And if we're honest, you know, as we look back on their decision to jettison the majority of their attack, it has blown up right in their face. Now to your point, they've realized it looks like the Millers are willing to spend a little cash. So we've got Ruan Cruz, who we've seen a couple of different times. You know, Latunji Kid has had a couple of appearances, and I'm told they think DeAndre will play tomorrow. But there are only eight matches left and you know, three brand new pieces that will be part I think of the first choice eleven need to be integrated quickly. Is this enough time for them to get across the line, make the playoffs and maybe even do something?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think that the schedule is too tough. You have Minnesota, who's second in the West. I think on Saturday you face LAFC twice. I think you've got a trip to Seattle. They just haven't shown it, man, Like I you know, things could change and maybe they cultivate some momentum against Minnesota on Saturday. But I think you're you're asking too much of a team to try to rectify the mistakes of earlier parts of the season on the fly, and that's just too hard to do with new players. But you know, MLS is crazy. I know they're they're still within striking distance of that night spot and I don't think they'll go into a free fall. But until they figure out a way to score goals, like there, I just don't think they have a chance.
Speaker 2: Have you tried an Irish stew lamb or beef, some boiled bacon cabbage? Have you tried a full Irish breakfast? Have you tried any of the lovely dishes that you can sample over there in Dublin?
Speaker 3: I have not. No. I have to look out for my guts first and foremost. And you know, well, you well you, and you know you're in a new country. You don't know where where's a you know where the next potential stop might be, you know, public restaurant. You got to learn, you got to learn the lay of the land. So it's all you all just got to map things out, Spence, Like I have to think, I have to think two or three hours ahead, so I play it safe when I'm on the road.
Speaker 1: Let's just say that, what about a pint or two over and no pints?
Speaker 3: No pints one or two. I'm also just I'm an old man, dude, you know this, Like I'm older than you. I'm old you are not close to but but you know what I mean. Okay, So like the fact that it's ten o'clock here and I'm on the radio with you, goes to show how much I am, you know, a supporter of the Drive Monday through Friday two to six. But like, this is my bedtime, and yeah, I could be out having a pint a Guinness and it would probably send me mentally physically into a space where I don't feel all that well in the moment. Or tomorrow, and I got to work tomorrow, you know, I have to prove to the athletic that there was a good reason why they sent me across the pond. And maybe we'll see. If tomorrow's an especially good day, maybe after the game we'll strike a pint somewhere. But it is wild here, man, Like everybody is slamming beers like olds, youngs hipsters like and they're just getting after it and they it doesn't even seem to phase them. And I'm like, man, good for you. I wish I could be that person, but I'm not. Well.
Speaker 1: The other thing is, and they start early.
Speaker 2: I remember I had a connecting flight to London and I was in Amsterdam at like seven thirty am, and there were there were guys in the pub getting getting loose at like seven thirty am with beers.
Speaker 1: They start early, and they go all day.
Speaker 3: And everybody here just looks like, you know, I mean, everybody here has been fantastically nice, but you know, just kind of stereotype like maybe maybe you know, it looked like they could always be in like a boxing position too. They got the haircut, you know, the Connor mcgregord going on. So just I just you know, don't want to step on anyone's toes or bump anyone's backpack. Just minding my p's and q's.
Speaker 2: What about what's on the when you're flying there? It's a long flight flying home. What shows are are we watching? What's taking up the time?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man? Just lots of random movies. I watched Ferris Bueller for the billionth time on as one of my five five films on the way over. Don't know what, don't know what the movie selection will be like on the way back. I'm hoping that I'll be tired enough that I might be able to sleep, But that's a fool's errand because as anybody who can sleep on flights as an alien, and that includes you or any one of your listeners, I apologize. Actually I envy you because that is a superpower that I wish I had.
Speaker 2: I cannot sleep on flights unless I'm heavily medicated. But then I land and I'm like, you have zombie for two days. So anyway, Christopher, we will set you loose. Enjoy Dublin. Enjoy week zero, thank you for the time and save travels.
Speaker 3: Was zombie an ode to our friends the Cranberrys. Is that what we did there?
Speaker 1: Not intentionally but a good callback. Ck.
Speaker 2: You've learned a lot of good lessons on this program, young man.
Speaker 1: Be well and travel safe.
Speaker 3: Okay, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Chris tom Rodney from the Athletic He's live in Dublin. As Week zero gets going with Farmer Geddon coming up tomorrow at ten am Mountain time at his k State and Iowa State. Kansas State is getting three points as your favorite there, so college football is here. Like any good coach at zommed to update the game plan for a healthy green lawn as the hot weather continues this month, make sure you're using eye I phase step three summer lawn food for a healthy turf that stays green and every season.
Speaker 1: I Phase Step three lawn food. It's the ultimate lawn owner power move. At i FA