Speaker 1: Borlosoil Chamber of Commerce. What a great organization do you.
Speaker 2: We are blessed and we are busy, and we kind of came off of a little bit of a slow summer. We were still pretty busy during the summer, but now we're really fixing to rev it up. In the next few months, are going to be super busy and we're excited about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's always that summer slump there, I think for everybody, but as we all know, as things start to heat up, so many things. Yes, you guys are doing. I know you have the big business Expo that's been ready to come up as well. Talk about that a little that We've.
Speaker 2: Got Business Expo coming up next Thursday, a week from tomorrow, September fifth, from four to six at Hilton Garden Inn that will be in conjunction with Business after Hours. We have fifty six businesses that are signed up to have a table reserved and so we're going to have a really good crowd and you'll learn more about businesses and you'll be able to come in. There's going to be lots of food, there's gonna be lots of stuff to drink, there's gonna be door prizes, but then you also get to meet all these other businesses that will have their information displayed on their tables that they've reserved.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a fun time.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and it's a free event. It's a free event for people. And again it starts at four o'clock, is right.
Speaker 3: Four o'clock to six o'clock that evening, yep.
Speaker 2: And there is no there's no charge for business after hours or business expo to come.
Speaker 1: That's perfect, perfected. I mean, just fifty six businesses in our in our community coming together and showing what Bartlesville is all about. Yeah, and you know, the Chamber does such a great job of recognizing our local businesses.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. We really are really strongly believe.
Speaker 2: In shop localsolutely and keeping these small businesses and thank God for our big businesses that are here as well. Bartlesville is just that unique community that's got the best of both worlds minus the it's a horrible traffic of a.
Speaker 3: Metroplex, you know. Absolutely, So there we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you are right, it's such a unique community. I'm glad that this is my hometown. And we were talking before we were on the air about you know how I've born and raised, went to high school here, moved away for a little bit, and then came back. But you know, Bartlesville is such a microcosm of what's good about a community. It really is, Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 2: And I hear so much about people that are coming home. I didn't grow up here, but goodness, I've been here thirty years. So we're not going anywhere, absolutely, But we've also got on September the tenth, we've got the Conco Phillips update. That's going to be really good. That's a brunch. It's going to be at Tri County Tech. It'll start at ten o'clock. It's twenty five dollars for brunch and if you want to reserve a table for eight, it's two ninety five and we would love to have you come out and and hear what Conico Phillips about their update, yeah, and their impact in Bartlesville. So that is going to be pretty special too. That's ours. That will be our second forum of the year. We do six, and that will be the second one of the year.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And again we were talking about small businesses and the large corporations that are here as well, so bringing in Ryan Lance the chairman and CEO of Connico Phillips for that brunch, and it's always a brunch. It's always a little different than other forms that we do because I know that he schedules that for the United Way Golf tournament that's going on during the same time. So he does a little bit of golfing in the morning, comes to brunch, goes back out there and spend some time with his team members here as well. It's really awesome, again, a city the size of Bartlesville having these these executives of these multi billion dollar companies coming in and telling us what is going on with their company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great, it is great, and so we're really appreciative of them doing that. And then we've also got women in business starting back again. We took a little break through the summer with that, but it will start again on September eighteenth, now, yeah, September eighteenth. That's at eleven thirty to one at Hillcrest Country Club. And our guest speaker is Abby Spencer. Abby owns House of Color in South Tulsa. She tells helps women understand the best colors that we can wear, how our bodies are proportionate, the best clothes to fit that our bodies proportions. And she has helped over two hundred and fifty women do stuff like that right now, just in the last year.
Speaker 3: So I am really excited. She helps with makeup as well.
Speaker 2: So we would love to have you come out, ladies, come out and be a part of that Women in Business at Hillcrest Country Club on September eighteenth. It's always a really good a really good time. Lunch is only twenty five dollars and it'll be really really it's just a good time. It is. Yeah, it's a great time for women in business to network. And it's surprising how many women in business and women that own their own companies are here in Baril.
Speaker 1: Sure. Sure, and that's that's another great thing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I love that they're coming in talking about, you know, how to dress and yeah maybe some some we need guys, we need something for guys too.
Speaker 3: Maybe she'll help you put some ties together.
Speaker 2: And you know what, she very well may have a little branch for that, right, So that's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Got that going on, and that's that's networking and and you know, just in the business community. But as you were saying, we always have newcomers who are coming into Bartlesville. I mean, this is one of those cities where we have a bunch of people going in, leaving, coming, coming, leaving and leaving, you know a lot of things, and maybe even people who have been here for a very long time. There are other items and other events that you do as the chamber to really familiarize the community with what's going on in Bartlesville.
Speaker 3: I think it's called.
Speaker 1: Noville, right.
Speaker 3: We've got two of those things coming up pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Know. The Ville is going to be on the twenty fourth of September. I believe that's a Tuesday, but it will be from eight to nine in the morning, and it talks. We will have our city leaders, the Bartlesville Development Authority will be there, Chuck McCauley will be there for the Bartlesville Public Schools, the City of Bartlesville, different departments there and they will tell us what is going on in Bartlesville, any upcoming things that need to be talked about. Are we getting, you know, new things at the police Department. I don't know that. I'm just saying, but then we'll know that day and we'll find out what's going on in Bartlesville. So no, the Villa is an event we do twice a year and it's coming up September twenty fourth. But also that day is pace not PACEE Popcorn and Perks. We have done two pastries and perks in the morning, but this is going to be popcorn and perks for people that can't get there in the morning. We're gonna do it from four to five o'clock that afternoon. Popcorn and Perks is designed for those businesses that may have just joined the Chamber and they want to be more involved and more aware of Chamber benefits. What can they what can they get from the Chamber. It's also designed for those non members that have thought about joining the Chamber but they just weren't quite ready to pull the trigger and they had a bunch of questions.
Speaker 3: This is for those people too.
Speaker 2: And then it's also for those long term Chamber members. You know, we've got we've got one Chamber member that's been a member for like ninety years, you know, I mean not the same head of the company. But for those long term Chamber members that may not realize that we've got women in business and we've got pastries and perks, and we've got new know the bill, they may not be aware of all the programs that are available to them to network their business, to.
Speaker 3: Showcase their business, and this will help that.
Speaker 2: So it's for the non member, the new member, and the longtime member, and so we encourage everyone to come out. This is a free event. There's no charge for this. Sherry does a short presentation, you know, thirty five forty minutes and then answers questions and it is just a great time and we'll have popcorn.
Speaker 3: And come on out.
Speaker 2: And you do need to register to come, or just call us and let us know you're going to be there. But we would love to have any business or non business that is interested in Chamber benefits to come out and we will tell you all about it.
Speaker 1: Well, if anybody in the business community or anyone else in the city of Barlow, if you say that you are bored, there's just absolutely no way. I can't. I can't say that that's a valid excuse, because I mean, again, the Chamber just does so much, not only as you were talking about, for your members, but also non members as well, to get people connected to the community with just tons of things to get you involved. And of course it's never too late to talk about one of your biggest taking as well. Yeah, if I had the song right now, I play it. I played jingle Bells. But you know this September, I know you guys have been planning this since since.
Speaker 3: Last year.
Speaker 1: So it is Christmas in the Vill Talk just a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: Christmas in the Vill is coming up, really gonna come up really quickly. We have just already done so many things to get ready for that. This year is will be a little different because we're gonna have opening night on no November the thirtieth. We're adding a week to Christmas in the Ville this year, so it will go from November thirtieth to January the fifth, and it is you know, Santa Claus will be there, will have our concessions, open skates. You know you don't you can bring your own skates, but obviously we can rent. You can get the skates. It's part of the admission. You don't pay extra for that. And so it's just a great time. It will it's like a Hallmark movie.
Speaker 3: I have said that.
Speaker 2: The kids laugh, the lights are on, the music plays, the skating, they're skating, and you just and you hear people all up and down, will have carriage rides, Opening night will have concessions, and it is just going to be a wonderful time again for Christmas.
Speaker 3: In the vill.
Speaker 2: We and then not only that, but the downtown businesses are there too, And so when people come into Bartlesville to to skate, they also come to eat. They'll go down to Boomerang or Painted Horse or Frank and Lola's or wherever, and they and and they'll eat downtown.
Speaker 3: They walk downtown and.
Speaker 2: See all the other lights that are that are just beautiful all the way downtown.
Speaker 3: It's it's just really magical time.
Speaker 1: It is a magical time. And you know, on behalf of the community. I can just say thank you because I know this has become a labor of love.
Speaker 3: That's this is our eighth year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sherry. Sherry told me last year where I was speaking with her about the Christmas in the ville, it became this kind of like a little bit of an idea and then let's put up a nice skating rink. Yeah, and then all of a sudden her works exactly. This has become a labor of love for the people of Barbas.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 2: It is a lot of work, but we really really love it. I do want to say one thing I forgot to say about uh pastries and perks. The eatery has been a great sponsor for us. They they have supplied the pastries. Oh my goodness, they supply the pastries. Sherry provides. They provide the pastries, and Sherry provides the perks for the chamber. So that's pastries and perks. But but we'll have popcorn this time.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely. Well, well, Judy again, where can people go to get information about the chamber and how can they get in contact with you?
Speaker 2: Well, the Chamber is located to a one Southwest Keeler, right at the at the intersection of Frank Phillips and Keeler. But our phone number is nine one eight three three six eight seven zero eight.
Speaker 3: And you can go online at bart.
Speaker 2: Www bartles dot Bartlesville dot com. It's real simple, Bartlesville dot com. Can't get that's pretty simple. And it's a beautiful it's a new website. It's beautiful and there'll be lots of information about all those events. If you're not a chamber member and you want to become a chamber member, there's information there about how to do that, or you can call me at the Chamber and I'll be happy to help you do that.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you what a great time around here as well. G D. Williams Ford of the Chamber of Commerce, thank you so much for joining us on this community connection. Our community connection today has been brought to you by Wesley and Kitty College, Arnold Moore and Kneecamp Funeral Home, Tall Grass Motors and Get Real Ministries. You've been listening to community connection right here on K one, the one you trust