Speaker 1: She undergoes surgery, and when she wakes up from surgery, a nurse tells her some devastating news. She's losing too much blood and if she fills up one more drainage bag, she's not going to make it. And as you can imagine, she's just devastated and terrified. She tries to call her husband. He's not picking up his phone, so she just breaks down in tears and she starts pleading with God to spare her life.
Speaker 2: This is the Miracle Files.
Speaker 3: I'm Emily Jones and I'm Holly Worthington. We're two sisters who love a captivating true story, but we're also seeking more light in our lives.
Speaker 1: So we're on a mission to find and share unforgettable, uplifting stories of God's miracles. We hope you'll join us on this journey.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Miracle Files. Not long ago, we decided to do something a little different. So we get so many miracle stories sent to us, and they are so incredible and we honestly cannot share them all. But we want to share them all, so we're going to do everything we can to share as many as possible. So in an effort to do that, we decided to read some of the miracle stories again sent to us through email, and the response has been incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really has.
Speaker 1: And so we've heard from a lot of you that you just love to hear more miracle stories, and so we're going to.
Speaker 2: Do it again.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So today we've picked out five amazing stories that were sent in by our listeners and we cannot wait to share them with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh guy, So let's jump in.
Speaker 1: Our first miracle story was sent to us by Pamela Parr. Pamela writes on September sixth, twenty sixteen, I was leaving work in the small town of Saint Cloud, Wisconsin, just like I had every other night. As I was about to cross the road to my car, I heard the voice of my grandfather telling me put your phone in your pocket and don't touch it. It caught me off guard, but I did exactly what the voice said. I figured it was a warning that something unusual was about to happen. As I drove home, the fog became thicker and thicker, until I could barely see a foot in front of my headlights. I slowed way down because I knew the road was full of sharp turns. About ten minutes into the drive, a large pickup truck came over the hill with bright lights mounted on the hood and its high beams on. The driver flashed both sets of lights directly at me. I was completely blinded. I tried to pull over while waiting for my vision to return. Just as I thought I had reached the side of the road, I crashed head on.
Speaker 2: Into a tree.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: At first I didn't realize how badly I was hurt. I tried to get out of the car, but the moment I stood up, I couldn't put any weight onto my right leg and collapsed onto the ground beside my car. That's when I remembered what I had heard before leaving work. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, called nine one one and tried to explain where I was. I told them I thought I had broken my hip and that I was lying beside the driver's door. Then I blacked out.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, that gives me chills. Yeah, I cannot imagine. Although I did get in a head on collision once, and I did not have my cell phone with me and in my situation. I had two angel women stop and help me, and they called nine one one. But in her situation, it is such a blessing that she had her phone near her in her pocket.
Speaker 1: I know there's like fog, no one can see her, No one knows that this has happened to her. And you think if she hadn't listened to the impression, maybe if she was holding her phone, or if she had it in the cup holder or something, it probably would have flown away and she, yeah, wouldn't have been able to call nine one one. So amazing that she listened to that impression. But her story does not end there, so to continue on. The first responders arrive and they take her to the hospital. She's super injured. She's got broken fingers, she's broken her hip, she's broken her nose. But her worst injury is her femur has disconnected from her hip and it has been pushed up into her body. Oh my goodness, awful. So she undergoes surgery, and when she wakes up from surgery, a nurse tells her some devastating news. She's losing too much blood and if she fills up one more drainage bag, she's not going to make it.
Speaker 3: Oh no.
Speaker 1: And as you can imagine, she's just devastated and terrified.
Speaker 2: She tries to call her husband.
Speaker 1: He's not picking up his phone, and so she just breaks down in tears and she starts pleading with God to spare her life and to allow her to continue to live here with her husband. And here's what she said happen next. I drifted into a deep sleep. That's when I saw a bright white light shining on me. What I didn't know was that shortly after I fell asleep, the nurses call woke my husband. He began praying the exact same prayer, that I wouldn't die and that we would get to spend the rest of our lives together. The next morning, I woke up. The nurse who had warned me the night before, came back to empty the drains one last time before the end of her shift. Instead of filling with blood, there were only two drops across all four drains. The bleeding had completely stopped. The doctors were in shock. They ordered X rays, CT scans, every test they could perform from my hospital bed. They couldn't understand how I had gone from bleeding out to not bleeding into the drains at all. Without a doubt in my mind, I know I am only here because of the miracle God prefer formed that night.
Speaker 3: What a miracle and so amazing that they were praying the same prayer at the exact same time. I think there is so much power in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and obviously she had a long road to recovery, but she's so grateful that her prayers were answered and she gets to be here with her husband and they get to live their lives together.
Speaker 2: So amazing. That is a beautiful story. Okay.
Speaker 3: This next story was sent in by Karing Gotchel. Hopefully I pronounce that right. And this is a story she shared about her brother Mark about two years ago. In August of twenty twenty four. My brother Mark was out jogging on the boardwalk. When he finished his run, he sat down on a bench. Then he collapsed. His heart had stopped. But that's when God started putting every piece into place. An older couple who took care of the flowers nearby just happened to be there. They had finished dinner, and the wife suggested they leave the dishes and go water the plants, something they would normally never do. They immediately saw Mark collapse and rushed over. A woman renting the house on the corner just happened to be outside and saw the commotion. Her daughter in law, Samantha, is a nurse. She called to her, and Samantha later said she felt compelled drawn to run outside. She immediately started CPR.
Speaker 1: Yes, so another story where a nurse or doctor or first responder just happens to be there at the right place, right time, right seeing all the time.
Speaker 3: Just wait because there's more to this story. And as we've learned, CPR is incredibly exhausting to perform. But thankfully Samantha didn't have to do CPR by herself. Within minutes, another nurse who just lived a couple houses away showed up and they began to switch off back and forth. And as it happens, police officers were already nearby responding to another call, and they have a defibrillator. And then an anomyshesiologist shows up who just happens to live across the street.
Speaker 1: This is the neighborhood I want to be in, right if I member were in trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seriously, if you need medical attention, this is the place to be. So the anesthesiologist also goes on to help the police. He's a breathing apparatus that gets oxygen to Mark. And basically all these people come together. They're where they need to be to help save Mark's life. And this is what Karen said happened. Against all odds, they brought him back.
Speaker 2: Mark was rushed to.
Speaker 3: The hospital, where doctors discovered he needed triple bypass surgery. Today he's doing great. Looking back, we don't see coincidences. We see miracles. The older couple who never would have gone out that evening, Samantha was home when her family was supposed to be out for dinner. Paige, a trioge nurse, was home to help a CPR. The anesthesiologist was close enough to save Mark's brain. Every person arrived exactly when they were needed. My nieces Be, who works as a nurse in the cardiac unit, told us, you don't understand what a miracle it is that he survived. People that have a cardiac arrest in hospitals don't often survive. That's why we know God was there long before anyone else arrived.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I love that she gave the glory to God, because I mean, obviously all these people are heroes. But I feel like God pieced this together all the pieces. Yeah, so that he was able to have a full medical team right there on the side of the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: And Mark didn't remember anything about this afterwards, but he was able to eventually go and thank every one of those strangers that were there that day that helps us to save his life.
Speaker 2: So cool that it wasn't just one, it was so many of.
Speaker 3: Them, so many.
Speaker 1: Okay, So our next story comes from twenty four year old Kylie Bangerter.
Speaker 2: Again hopefully I'm saying that right.
Speaker 1: She and her husband jac were snorkeling in Hawaii and they were just out exploring a big rock.
Speaker 2: And she grew up.
Speaker 1: Swimming, so she was a really good swimmer. But he didn't, so he wasn't a super strong swimmer, so he's really just kind of practicing swimming as he was out there. Oh boy, And they didn't notice the winds shifting and the currents changing. So Kylie writes, I popped my head up and these white waves just kept crashing over us. I looked at my husband and he said, we have to start swimming to the edge. So I started kicking and swimming, not quite in panic mode. Yet, but I wasn't getting anywhere. I looked at him and saw him starting to panic. One thing about him is he doesn't panic. He's always calm in difficult situations. That's when it became very clear, very fast, that there was nowhere to go. There was no rock to grab onto, nowhere to stand in the fifty foot deep water. My heart just dropped. Then everything happened so fast. We got pulled into a riptide. Rock disappeared, he got caught in the waves above me, and I got pulled into an undertow. It felt like being trapped inside a washing machine. I was trying to catch every breath I could, but honestly, I wasn't worried about me. I was worried about him. I started praying harder than I ever had before. I said, God, please save him. He has so much he still needs to do. I love him, He's my best friend. Please save him. I don't care if I make it. I'm okay. Please take me instead and save him. There wasn't even a second thought. I immediately found peace with dying, but I just couldn't bear the thought of watching my best friend die while I couldn't do anything to help.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 1: Things started to fade, and my chest started to burn as water filled my lungs. I stopped trying to swim, and for a moment it felt like I was slipping away. I remembered the p well I loved in the life I'd been given, and I just felt grateful. Then everything changed. I can't really explain what happened next, but it felt like home. All the panic disappeared. I felt completely surrounded. It was warm, it was peaceful. Then suddenly it was gone. A wave pulled me up just long enough to catch a breath. Jace caught a breath too, but he was still struggling. We had been pulled so far out that I couldn't even see the rock anymore. I closed my eyes and prayed the same prayer one more time.
Speaker 2: Then boom, A.
Speaker 1: Huge wave picked us up and threw us straight into the lava rock. We thought we drifted far away from The rock was covered in sea urchins, and they went into my knee and all over my body. But I didn't care. I had something to hold onto the painment.
Speaker 2: I was alive.
Speaker 1: Jace tried to climb on top of the rock, but another wave ripped him away. I was about to go after him when another wave hit me and suddenly he was standing on.
Speaker 2: Top of the rock.
Speaker 1: Later, he told me he felt someone grab him or push him up onto the rock. He said he didn't have the strength to do it himself. We both knew in that moment that God had saved our lives.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. When she was talking about like God taking her life instead of his life because she loved him so much and he was our best friend.
Speaker 2: Oh, she cared way more about him.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I would feel the same way about my husband, and that just that's heartbreaking but amazing that they received that miracle. I'm so grateful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I also really liked the part where she said it felt like home, like she had that same piece.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everybody talks about that peace.
Speaker 3: YEA.
Speaker 2: Such a blessing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, such a blessing. And I'm so grateful they both making it onto that rock.
Speaker 2: I know me too, Okay.
Speaker 3: The next story was submitted to us by Louise Royam Royanne. I'm so sorry. Why do these names have to be so pronounced?
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Her family was traveling on vacation. Her four year old son, Dexter, was taken to the er where their family received the worst news. Dexter was diagnosed with chronic Myalloyd leukemia. And obviously that's a devastating diagnosis at any age, but to receive that at four years old, I can't even imagine heartbreaking. But she says they immediately began to see miracles. So here's what she said. We were away on family holiday in a completely different town when everything happened. The doctor at the r was only at that hospital for one day. Her son goes to the same school as our son, and she called ahead, which I'm assuming means that called another doctor's office so that he could get diagnosed right away. Looking back, it felt like God had every detailed plan before we even knew what was happening at the At the same time, my uncle was fighting his own battle with cancer. He's also a priest. He helped guide me through the anger and heartbreak of everything we were facing. The prayer network that surrounded our little boy was incredible. People in South Africa were praying, His auntie in America was praying, friends in India, family in Australia and London, friends of friends in Dubai and Hong Kong, and all of their families too. The power of collective prayer is limitless. Even while feeling so awful, Dexter always had a smile on his face. Even while he was in the hospital. He would ask me, are you okay? That was just who he was, even in the middle of his own suffering, he was thinking about everyone else. Today, Dexter is still the same loving little boy. Recently he asked me, can we please be the homeless? So that's exactly what we did. Through everything he's been through, his heart has remained full of compassion, and that to me is a miracle too.
Speaker 2: It's amazing that this sweet little boy who's going through such hard things is thinking about other people. Yeah, and how to serve other people.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes that's like what happens when you go through really hard things, is that you have developed apathy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And we had another listener named Brittany Luccerini right in and she said, make sure you think about the fact that it's not just that you get comforted in the midst of these trials. That's not the only miracle, but there's also all sorts of little miracles that take place in the midst of our trials. And she's so right, like a lot of the miracles that take place are in our hearts during these times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, my father in law passed away from cancer, and cancer is just it's the.
Speaker 2: Worst, it's the hardest thing.
Speaker 1: But I can tell you that we experienced so many miracles along the way, and I could go through all of the individual ones, but there were a lot of them. And yeah, I'm just grateful for those little signs that we knew that God was aware of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so true.
Speaker 2: And here's our final story for today.
Speaker 1: This story comes from Melanie Linum and this is one about pregnancy, So if that's a sensitive subject for you, just fair warning. But Melanie is working as a pastor in Australia and she became pregnant and she and her husband Dan were just so excited. And here's an excer from her email. At our twenty week growth scan, the sonographer took a long time and said he was having trouble looking at all four chambers of the baby's heart. He suggested I get up and move around to try and reposition the baby. I laughed and joked as I stood up, leaning forward and wiggling to try and move the baby. I had no suspicion that anything was wrong. The next day, my doctor called and referred me to a specialist scan in Brisbane. Honestly, I still wasn't worried. Three weeks later, the fetal cardiologists spent a long time scanning. Part Way through he took a call just outside the door, which I overheard about a baby needing heart surgery at just six weeks of age. I turned to Dan and whispered in sympathy. Imagine that the cardiologist came back in and said, do you know your baby has a small right heart. We were shocked, no, I answered. He led us into another room and returned with another doctor. What I'm about to tell you will be difficult to hear. Your baby has pulmonary atresia, a hypoplastic tricuspid valve, and hypoplastic right heart syndrome. He explained that the pulmonary heart valve was completely blocked up, causing the right heart to be small. He told us our baby would need heart surgery at three days old, then two more surgeries before the age of three. He said quality of life would likely be low, and we could choose termination or palliative care. I answered immediately, we choose the operation. Don't answer straight away, think about it, he said. Then he left us alone. Dan and I cried in each other's arms. Then Dan said two words that changed everything.
Speaker 2: But God.
Speaker 1: The next few weeks were painful. Every appointment brought more bad news. The baby was small. They said, if the baby is too small, the baby will die. We sat down with our pastors and tearfully told them the news. I said to them, but I know that God knows this baby. He knows if they're a boy or a girl, and he knows them by name. Our whole church prayed and stood in faith with us. We chose to give God every opportunity to do a miracle. We put our trust in him. We trusted in his goodness, in his love, and ultimately that whether our child lived or died, he was sovereign and good. A scripture I held on to was Psalm one fifteen fourteen. Made the Lord caused you to flourish both you and your children. I would place my hands over my belly and say, flourish, baby, flourish in Jesus' name. Three weeks before her scheduled see section, the final scan still showed she only weighed about one point five kilograms and the right heart was about fifty percent the size of the left heart. We continue to believe in God for a miracle. The day she was born, we didn't even have the car seat in the car. We didn't know if she would live. She was born full term, weighing two point twenty six kilograms, a girl. We named her Isabella Faith. Hours later, the pediatric cardiologist came into our room after doing an ultrasound. I interrupted, wait a minute, the right heart is meant to be half the size of the left heart. Well it isn't he answered, It's almost the same size as the left heart. The pulmonary valve that had been completely blocked up is now open, although narrow, there were also two new holes strategically placed that allowed blood to flow properly and bought Isabella time to grow before surgery. We had received a creative miracle. Instead of spending the estimated five months in hospital, she was only there for three weeks. Then we got to bring our baby home. At eight months old, Bella had a total heart repair. When I brought her back to our doctor, she announced to the staff, Look, this is the miracle.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 3: I love that. Oh my goodness, that one gave me goose bumps.
Speaker 2: I know another amazing miracle, so.
Speaker 3: Powerful they're faith. I'm just so inspired by all of that.
Speaker 2: I know faith. I know it's very incredible. She didn't give up.
Speaker 3: I wore my little mustard seed necklace on the right day. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of examples of great faith. Wow. And today Bella is a healthy twelve year old girl.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: I love that they named her Isabella Faith because it's just perfect.
Speaker 3: Name for her, for her mom showed so much faith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, all right.
Speaker 1: We want to thank you guys for joining us today. If you haven't subscribed to our podcast, make sure you subscribe, leave us a review.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: See you then, thank you for joining us. If you have a miracle to share, contact us at the miraclefiles dot com or find us on social media. We release new episodes each Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so don't forget Miracle Mondays. Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform and YouTube for amazing video content as well.
Speaker 3: Join us next time as we discover more of God's miracles, and don't forget to look for his light in your own lives.