Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tam Case, Hi, everybody, Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. The Boys in Blue are back home seventy three and fifty two on this season, first place atop the NL West after a four and three road trip that saw the Dodgers plit four games in Milwaukee and then take two to three in the Loo. Tonight, they're back home for the start of a nine game homestand first up a three game series against Justin Turner and the Seattle Mariners. Kevin Stone gets to start tonight in the series opener. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We got a lot to get to here. We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, and rightfully so. The Dodgers busy making moves today with the roster guys coming off the injured list, guys going to the injured list, guys going to Oklahoma City. We'll get you caught up on what's happening throughout the show. We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup David Vassego's one on one with Hunter Fiducia, who gets called up from trick Bla, Oklahoma City to back up Will Smith at catcher because one of the moves is Austin Barnes going to the injured list with a broken toe. More on that coming up. We'll got your Dodgers' magical moment. Shortly, we'll hear from Kirsten Watson, and in just a few minutes we'll check in when Tim Neverett and Rick Monday out the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well Yesterday in Saint Louis, Clayton Kershaw was good six innings, no runs, four hits, two strikeouts, he walked one. He through seventy pitches, only one batter of each second base. It was the deepest outing this season. He was a getting head in the counts just fifteen of the twenty hitters that he faced. He had a first pitch strike in three starts in August. He has been fantastic with a sub two ero, and yesterday he didn't disappoint going the six shutout innings. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, needed a couple of spins around the rotation there to get something going. They finally did in the fifth and it started with show Hay.
Speaker 3: And the pitch from Sonny Gray Otani Hammer's one to write.
Speaker 4: This ball is deep, this both gone.
Speaker 3: It's in the cardinal pulp Ben show Hey, o'tani, welcome back my friends to the show that Never ends. He's hit another one. It's his seventh home run this month, is national leading thirty ninth and the Dodgers have a one nothing.
Speaker 2: Lead, number thirty nine for show Hey. Dodgers up once and nothing. Later in the inning, the Dodgers tacked on one more thanks to Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 4: Two two.
Speaker 3: There goes Leux and Rojas bangs it in the left field. That's a base hit. Mukie will score. Luck's around second, all the way to third of Miguel Rojas is driven in a run.
Speaker 4: It's two nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Rojas with the RBI single. That's the top tier play the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas or less. Dodgers of a two to nothing lead. Clayton Hershaw the sixth innings got helped by a double playball to end the sixth inning after two singles to lead off the inning, for the Cardinals, he gets out of it no runs, would he come back out for the seventh No. Evan Phillips got the seventh inning out of the bullpen. Daniel Hudson got the eighth, not before giving up a Lars newpar pinch hit home run. Dodgers' lead was just two to one, so the ninth inning belonged to Michael Kopek, who comes in, gets out of the inning clean without and he runs. Dodgers get the win two to one over the Cardinals as Clayton Kershaw picks up the win, his second of this season. Michael Kopek picks up to save his second in a Dodger uniform, eleventh on this season. Dodgers picking up a game on both the Diamondbacks and the Padres, who both lost yesterday, So the Dodgers three games up on San Diego, four games up on Arizona. Going into play tonight, Dodgers now sit at seventy three and fifty two overall, and tonight to start off the home stand, it's Gavin Stone looking for his eleventh win of the season. First pitch coming up at seven to ten and with more we head out to the gallpin Motors Broadcast booth, as we say hello to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 3: Perfect night for baseball at Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers begin a nine game, eleven day home stand all against American League teams, starting with the Seattle Mariners tonight. Mariners come in sixty four and sixty one. There are four games behind the American League West leading Houston Astros and the Dodgers three up on the Padres, four up on the Arizona Diamondbacks seventy three and fifty two. The Dodgers will send right hander Gavin Stone to the Mounds tonight ten and five for Stone as he gets set to make his twenty third start of the season, making his fifteenth start as Brian wo of Seattle. He has been very good for the Mariners five to one and in the ra of just over two at two zero six. And we getting off the road trip good win yesterday in Saint Louis to come away with a four and three road trip, taking it into this long homestaff.
Speaker 5: And the other part too is getting some people healthy. And while they're getting healthy, also one player goes on the injure list. That being Austin Barnes. We found out last night that he had actually taken a foul ball off of his left big toe during the game. Was stayed in the game for the next seven innings, and he had extra ends today. It is broken. He goes on the injured list, and for the Dodgers, they do get Max Munsey, he comes off the injured list. And for Tommy Edmond, who the Dodgers made that deal for, he's had issues with a wrist and also with an ankle. He is now activated. Both are in the lineup tonight and Fidusha has also been called up. So there's been a lot of transition as far as the Dodger roster. And by the way, Freddie Freeman, who missed yesterday and taking a ball off of his right hand in Saturday's game, returns the lineup as well, and.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts telling us just a short time ago that Freddie Freeman actually has a hairline fracture in his right middle finger. It's just going to be a pain tolerance thing. He'll play through it, and again he is in the lineup. Hunter Fadusia back up for the second time after making his Major League debut. He is a left handed catcher, so now you've got a left handed catcher available, where the Dodgers primarily over the last several years have only had right handed catchers with Will Smith and with Austin Barnes, so a left handed hitting catcher with Fiducia. The lineup, when you look at it now gets a lot longer with monthly hitting in the seventh spot, Tommy Edmund again coming off an injury situation, but very good reports on his rehab with TRIPAA Oklahoma City. So top to bottom, this is probably the longest the lineup has been all season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think also too. If you look at this lineup, two Tims, You've got Otani lefty, then BET's right handed freeman, the lefty. You've got Hernandez ti Oscar right handed hitter, then you've got the lefty. So my point being, it's every other hitter in this lineup all the way top to bottom is a left handed batter. Edmond of course is a switch hitter. He's batting nine. Youel bat from the left side tonight, So there's a lot of balance on this roster. And if you look at the lineup tonight, the other part too, is both of these ball clubs share something in common, and that is the fact that they had not played particularly great baseball recently. The Dodgers, of course, twenty third of July, had an eight and a half game lead first place in a Western Division that's been trimmed down to three. And for the Mariners, they had a ten game lead ten months ago in the America League Western Division. They now trail the Astros by four full games in that division.
Speaker 3: And Shoe O'tani is on the cosp of doing something that no other Dodger has ever done, that is have a forty forty season. He comes into action tonight thirty nine home runs, thirty seven stolen bases, and with any luck, it could happen here against the album.
Speaker 5: You know, it's really kind of crazy though, too, tim You start to look at how o'tani has struggled the last nineteen ball games, hitting at one point fifty and yet he's still hit seven home runs in that period of time. He gets walks, he steals bases, he scores run in spite of a very low banding average.
Speaker 3: He's forward in back to back games coming into this one tonight. Brian Will pitching for the Mariners. It'll be Gavin Stone pitching for the Dodgers in Game one against Seattle.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, we call you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Shake it and mojos? Right now at shakys dot com. It's Dodgers and the Mariners start of a three game series, beginning of a nine game homestand for the Dodgers, who are fresh off a four and three roadship. Coming up, we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. A lot of moving pieces today with the twenty six man roster. They'll fill us in. We'll check in with David Vess. Of course we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next you're O Tani Rewine and we'll visit with Kirsten the Watson from sports and at LA Don't go anywhere, lead you up to Dodgers and Mariners. Thanks for being with us. I'm sim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio, Newhork.
Speaker 1: Is, Morongo, Casino Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, Smriners, Gavin Stone, Brian Wu the pitching matchup series opener from the Ravine. First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 6: This is the Otani ree wide and the pitch from Sonny Gray Otani Hammers want to write this ball is deep.
Speaker 3: This both gone. It's on the Cardinal Pulp Ben Show. Hey O'tani, welcome back, my friends to the show that Never ends. He's hit another one. It's his seventh home run this month. Is National League leading thirty ninth and the Dodgers have a one nothing lead.
Speaker 2: Show. Hey Otani with home run number thirty nine yesterday goes one for five now hitting two to ninety on this season. Dodgers beat the Cardinal two to one. Show. Hey Otani, now getting closer and closer to that forty to forty club thirty nine home run sitting on thirty seven stolen basis Otani rewind Brought to by Eto Oyocha, Japan's number one Green team, the Tea The show Hey Otani loves in Drinks available your local DISO stores, Amazon and eto win dot com. That's it, o e n dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us from the stadium. A busy day for the Dodgers, Kirston. They come back off this seven game road trip. We got some injuries and we got some returns. It's been a busy day for roster moves.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it really has been. So we'll start with the injuries. So we know that yesterday Freddy Freeman, he was down. He kind of jammed his finger in the game over the weekend against the Cardinals. So he actually has a hairline fracture. So he was down yesterday, but they were trying to figure out if this was going to be an ilstin for him, have some scans, as I mentioned, percent at the fracture, but he's actually gonna be good to go, so he's playing through it. He's kind of very I'd have to imagine a very high pain tolerance because I couldn't imagine doing anything with a hairline fracture. But so he's back in there playing at first and he will continue as such just while allowing that to heal. With Austin Barnes, he's also dealing with a fracture, but his is in his big toe, so after taking the foull ball off of his foot yesterday. It's bandaged up today and so he is going on the IL. Dave Roberts he's very optimistic though that it's just going to be the traditional stint. It shouldn't be any longer and hopefully that toe will heal, but it's just gonna meet a little bit of time. So those are the two kind of big injuries when it comes to guys, But that means a lot of roster moves, as you were mentioning. So Austin going on the IL, that means Hunter Fidusha is here. And then we've got some guys who are returning, just finally back helping that Smax Munsey as well as Tommy Edmund, so we'll be seeing him make his Dodger debut this evening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very excited to see Tommy Edmund when they acquired him at the deadline. Brandon Gomes and Andrew Freeman both excited about the versatility that he brings to this team. For maxi months, it almost feels like we haven't seen him at all this year. It's been so long since he's played.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's been so long. There's also just been like a lot of unknown. You know, there was a moment where he just with that oblique strain, he wasn't necessarily healing and it's taking a lot of time or he'd have a setback. And then finally he saw the chiropractor and he really just turned a corner from there. We've been seeing him, whether it's been getting a lot of reps here running the diamond, if it's been taking some swings. Then he went on his rehab assignment, so he comes back and a really good spot. Even just talking to him earlier, he was just like I he was like, I'm so ready to be back, Like he's just thrilled to be out here playing meaningful baseball again. And then you have someone like Tommy Edmond, who you know, it's been a long year of recovery for him, so coming back from whether it was the surgery and then an ankle injury, starting his rehab assignment with a different organization than being traded, so you know, it's felt like this has been a long time coming for him. But Dave Roberts was saying as well as Tommy today that the plan so he's in center field Tonight's got a bunch of families. Moms actually from so they're Los Angeles and grew up as a Dodgers fan, So they've got a lot of family that's going to be here tonight. And then he's actually gonna be at Shortstop tomorrow, so we'll be seeing him primarily in those two roles. Of course, he does have that versatility, but it does seem like that's gonna be kind of the key's parts for him, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of moving pieces for this Dodgers team. We got the return to Justin Turner. Busy night out at the Ravine tonight. Hereson. We appreciate it. We'll check you with you after the game. Dodger fans and Hancher listening experience by downloading the iHeart Radio app but listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plans, serving all Angelinos la care dot Org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Damn Vatsa goes one on one with Hunter. Producer Dodger Ketcher called up for TRIPAA Oklahoma City, but I'm next. We'll get you an injury report and we'll here from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, Dodgers Mariners, Justin Turner back at Dodger Stadium for the first time since twenty twenty two. Lead you have to first pitch tonight, that's coming up to sevent ten. I'm sim Kson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marono Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Monday night as we lead up to first pitch. Dodgers and Mariners, Justin Turner back at Dodgers Standing for the first time since twenty twenty two, Marongo Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam for a good times. Cabin Stone and Brian you the pitching matchup in this series opener, first pitch sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Freddie Freeman hairline fracture in his right middle finger. He's going to play through it. He's a tough guy. Awesome. Barnes is the tough guy, but he's got a fractured toe. He actually played through it yesterday. But he's gonna go on to sh short eyel Stent. Tyler Glass now on the IEL with the right elbow ten to night has brused. Ark Grattarol on the ie L with the right hamstring strain. Chris Taylor on a rehab assignment. He'll be in Rancho Koukamunga this week for a couple of games with the Quakes, after having already played in a couple of games with OKC. Blake trying to write hip discomfort working his way back you. Oshan ob Yamamoto on the i L with the strained rotator cuff. In case you missed it, Tommy Edmund, Max Munsey both activated and in the lineup tonight. Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and check out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 8: Anything else, Dave?
Speaker 4: Do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 8: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we had to dfa Nick Ahmed, which Nick was was great for us, and it's one of those things that was the numbers thing, and then we optioned Andy Pahes and so that's one of those things that because he has options and you just don't want to lose a player. So it made the most sense. And I just didn't see Andy getting a lot of opportunities and the next, you know, till we get to September first get those Yeah, yeah, yeah, Tommy's gonna play center field tonight, He'll play short tomorrow. We'll give Mickey Road the off day tomorrow, and then he'll be back out there in centerfield. So that's kind of how I see it. And you know, it's good to have these guys back.
Speaker 4: Is Hey, we're gonna be look like three centers.
Speaker 2: He just kind of coming off the bench.
Speaker 8: For the time.
Speaker 9: I think it's uh. I like him taking balls out in centerfield to give us some options. I see him off the bench, and you know, if there's an opportunity to get a start here or there, you know, I'll do that. But you know, right now, it's hard to you know, sit Mookie and then Tommy's coming back. He's a switch hitter, so I want to get him out there.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave Roberts down the dugout talking a little bit about the moves that were made today. Brought to you by Service Titan Dave Roberts, a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team miss the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with the David Vase as we're leading up to first pitch. Dodgers and Mariners from the Ravine. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season of.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mariners. Kevin Stone and Brian Wu The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at seven ten. The umpiring crew for Tonight's came brought to you by Fred Looyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, David Freddie Freeman doesn't go on the injured list. Yeah, he's got a hairline fracture in his finger. How is this.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, he had a CT scan earlier today and that's what it revealed on his right middle finger. But I felt like things were trending in the right direction for Freddy because he wants to be out there no matter what.
Speaker 4: As evidenced by tonight. He came out to.
Speaker 10: Do his usual pregame ritual workout with Dino Ebol and the wrapping around his right middle finger was significantly less than what we saw yesterday in Saint Louis. Then he came back out here with Dodgers head trinner Thomas Albert. Seemed like he was trying to check boxes and convince him that he can do this by fielding and playing catch because that is his throwing hand, and then down inside in the batting cage, he showed him he could swing a bat. So that's the reason why Freddie Freeman avoided the injured list and is in the starting lineup tonight.
Speaker 2: David has driven by four and there's one thing we like, its choices find yours with the F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this March, he'll only be called F one fifty Max DV. He's back.
Speaker 4: He is back for the first time.
Speaker 10: Since May fifteenth, it's been quite a saga for Max month sy with the oblique strain and then he described a chiropractic adjustment that put him over the hump to recovery.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was very frustrating. Just everything about it was frustrating. You know, there there was an oblique issue that healed, and then I had a bottom rib that was out of place that was causing a lot of damage. We thought it was a bottom rib issue from the beginning, and I was getting adjusted from chiropractors and you know, it just wasn't never getting set properly. And so you know, I'd start start doing rehab. I'd have two three really good days of swinging ball, becoming off hot, you know, no pain in the swing at all, batspeed'd be great, and then I'd wake up on a third or fourth day and I'd feel like day one of injury, and you know, we'd we had to start back over and you know, go back to the drawing board, see what was going on, get go, get more scans. And you know, that process obviously happened three or four times for us, and so you know, finally we got it set right and then I got an injection the next day, and after that it was almost like I.
Speaker 8: Was never hurt before, you know.
Speaker 11: And so that's why the process since that has been pretty quick.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 11: Obviously I was gone for a week, but after three months, that's a you know, you kind of need that time to get built back up for you know, your timing and being out on your feet out there on the.
Speaker 10: Infield all right, max months. He gets to start at third base tonight. Happy to have him back, Tim.
Speaker 2: Dave, Justin Turner, he's back at Dodger Stadium. Is there ever a possibility Justin Turner finishes his career, maybe in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 10: Well, he's thirty nine years old. His contract expires at the end of this year. It was a one year contract with the Blue Jays. He has told me in the past he wants to play through his forty year old season, which is next year. Obviously, I asked him earlier today whether or not he would be open to a reunion and to retire as a Dodger.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Again, that that's stuff that's kind of out of my control. I can want, I can want a lot of things, but the stars kind of got a line and and but that would certainly be I followed along all this stuff last week with with Matt coming back and signing the one day contract, and I shot him a text and told him I was sad I wasn't able there to be there to celebrate with him. But I think that's something certainly that would that would be pretty special.
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm not thinking about a ceremonial one day retirement, Tim, it would be great to have Justin Turner on this Dodger bench next year to play the David Freeze or Chase Sentley role for a veteran team that may or may not be trying to defend their championship.
Speaker 2: Let's put it out there in the world see if it can happen next season. Dave appreciate it. We'll check back you on you a little bit. Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Hunter producial. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Mariners on this Monday night. I'm Tim Kason's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mariners. On this Monday night, Justin Turner back at Dodger Stadium in a Mariner's uniform, first time he's been back since twenty twenty two. Gavin Stone on the mound tonight in the series opener, first pitch at seventen.
Speaker 4: Hot Dog who wants?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: Clenching the division for the Dodgers has been something they've pretty much done every year for the most part the last decade. Last year, September sixteenth, Dodgers in Seattle taking on the Mariners, and they clenched the division again.
Speaker 13: Caldick oh for four tonite swinging a ground ball to second base, bets to Freeman.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers win it six to two.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers decade of dominance continued this They're the best in the West for the tenth time in the past eleven years. The Dodgers are the champions of the National League Western Division again.
Speaker 4: They beat the Mariners tonight six to two.
Speaker 2: Took eleven innings, but the Dodgers get to win in Seattle last September sixteenth, clinching their tenth NL West Divisional title in eleven seasons. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, a soak out treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffy hot Dogs. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Rick Monday. We're continuing to lead jump to first Pitch Dodgers and Mariners of Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Now.
Speaker 1: Is Morongo Casino Dodgers on the Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Mariners on this Monday night. Gavin Stone looking for his eleventh win of this season. First Bitch coming up at seventy ten Dodgers fans. Start your future at a California community college. Financial aids available can help you with the tuition, the books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot.
Speaker 1: Com and now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: Well, Rick Monday, you missed dinner last night in southern California because the Dodger charter was four hours delayed.
Speaker 5: Well oops, but here's the deal. FAA will not allow the airliner to take off without an active and operating radar system and it just went down. And kudos, by the way to our magnificent in Cabins flight crews. They're absolutely terrific. Second time, the Dodgers have had some delays, so we had to wait for an airplane to come in from Chicago and then transfer everything from one plane to the other plane. Finally took off and got here safe and sound. It's nice to see you back. Evidently they kick you off the television side, so now you're just doing the radio. But it is nice to be back and talking about being back, the Dodgers have some new faces in uniform tonight.
Speaker 10: Yes, finally players are getting healthy and they have a very formidable one through nine with Max Munsey and Tommy Edmond here.
Speaker 8: It's going to be nice.
Speaker 5: Also a tribute to Justin Turner, who will be recognized before the ball game as well, with a little video highlight even a lot to this Dodgery organization, and obviously with the winning efforts too and part of the World championship team as well. It's kind of strange to see the former Dodgers come back in different uniforms. But for Justin Turner maybe seems strange because this is the second uniform he's worn this year.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no doubt about it, Rick, And it feels like the trajectory of his Dodger career was not something anybody expected.
Speaker 5: Well, let me just kind of go because I know you are a man of the arts to begin with. Ye're talking about art work itself, and so I told you this look, I got a little surprised for you because it was on this date. Norman Rockwell has done and been known for so many different magnificent paintings that he's done over the years, and it was on this date that actually a Dodger game had an influence on just a magnificent work of art by Norman Rockwell.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 5: Here's the backstory to it. It was nineteen forty one. Frankie Frish was the manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates. It was the second game of a double header at abbotts Field. Jack o'connlin was the home played umpire. It was cold, it was raining. Frish wanted the game to be cold because his pirates were trailing in the ballgame. So he came out and said, all my players are going to get pneumonia because of you, Jocko. You haven't got the guts to call this game. But here's how Frish went to the home plate. He was carrying an umbrella as he went and argued he was thrown out of the ballgame. Well, it was that setting at Ebbottsfield on this date in nineteen forty one that was really the bases and inspired Norman Rockwell to the famous oil painting with the three umpires standing looking up into the rain. In the background on the right is someone in uniform. That's Frankie Frish who was arguing. And the name of that painting bottom of the six. And for all baseball fans, that's a background on how this painting was influenced, and it was influence on this date, nineteen forty one, Dodgers Empirates at Ebbittsfield.
Speaker 10: I've seen that Rockwell painting before, but obviously did not know that much detail about it.
Speaker 4: That's why we come to you.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll stick around Bell, I'll tell you about radars on the plane, and I can tell.
Speaker 8: You about the oil paintings.
Speaker 5: By the way, you are an oil painting yourself.
Speaker 4: Ah, thank you, you're a masterpiece as well.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 10: We'll check in with you and Tim Never a little bit later. Justin Turner going to be honored before first pitch. Tim will send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks a lot, guys. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more Speedy Cash dot com. Stop in LA area Speedy Cash Store. Still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Tim will rejoin Rick and get you those keys of the game right before first pitch. But up next we go high and tight with Hunter Fiducia. Dodger Kencher called up from Triple A Oklahoma City as Austin Barnes goes to the injury list with a broken toe. Dodgers Mariners first pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mariners. Gavin Stone, Brian Wu the pitching match up, first pitch coming up at seven. Dodgers fans start your future at a California community college. It's the best place to go. But also Children's Hospital Los Angeles, the number one children's hospital ranked in California for pediatric Here it's the best place to go to. Great doctors, great staff when you need the very best care for your child. It is the place to go. Find the right doctor at c HLA Org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 2: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers are back home and a lot of shuffling.
Speaker 10: Chairs here because of different reasons, but young Hunter Fiducca is now on the Dodgers active roster as the backup catcher to Will Smith with Austin Barnes injury and Hunter joins us.
Speaker 4: Great to see you here at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm excited to be here. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that smile is bigger than I ever saw at Camel Back Ranch.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm excited to be here. Come from Vegas. We're just playing a VA. So no, it's it's awesome to be here.
Speaker 10: When did you get the word that you were going to come to Los Angeles?
Speaker 8: Yesterday? Around noon?
Speaker 14: So yeah, I got all my stuff together, flew out around eight o'clock, and now I'm here.
Speaker 10: You've obviously been in the organization for a while. When the World Baseball Classic was going on, you caught a lot of spring games. Do you feel like the time is now. Your preparation has given you the opportunity.
Speaker 14: Right, Yeah, it's definitely a comforting filling knowing that I've caught most of these guys and spent last over this past spring there and getting to know everyone, and yeah, it's definitely a comforting filling. I'm still got some work to do to, you know, catch all the some new faces too, but no, we're moving in the right direction.
Speaker 8: I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 10: Max Munsey just joked when they let you know you had to come to LA they wanted him to go catch some bullpens.
Speaker 8: Yeah haven't.
Speaker 14: I haven't heard a word on that, but that's that's funny, that's good, Yeah, Hunter.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers have called up a lot of the pictures that you have caught at Oklahoma City. Gavin Stone is on the mountain tonight. How impressed are you with the way their growth has come along so quickly?
Speaker 8: Right, No, it's it's very impressive.
Speaker 14: You know, I think he was two drafts after me, and you know, he started off in I think Hya when I was in Double A, So you know, he came through, he progressed, you know, learned a new pitch and just kind of took off from that. So it's it's awesome to see him, you know, throwing well in the big leagues, you know, and everything.
Speaker 8: It's it's been called.
Speaker 10: What makes him so special because it seems like this spring training he came back a new guy.
Speaker 4: Did you see that as well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 14: You know, I don't know what he did during the offseason, but you know, it seemed like his his velos staying. He's way more confident on the mound. You know, he has his change up. I noticed his slider. They might have tweaked some few things with his slide. Sawyer looks a lot better this year, and you know, he's moving the ball now all over the plate. He has the sinker now, so he has a few more options in a year or two ago.
Speaker 8: So yeah, he's doing well and proud of him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, another one of your pitchers was called up a couple of days ago, Ben Caspiraus. What can you tell us about him? Because out here in LA we're not like these bloggers. We're not keeping tabs on every single pitch.
Speaker 14: Right, So I've I think I've caught two of his starts so far. Very impressive, has really good stuff. I would say his best is probably a spin. He's able to spin the ball well, you know, relentless in the strike zone, and he comes right.
Speaker 8: After you with good stuff. So I'm excited to watch him pitch.
Speaker 10: Also, does all this make it a little bit more comfortable for you because so many of the same guys that you were with in the miners are here already.
Speaker 14: Yeah, one hundred percent, and you know, seeing them grow it's been awesome, you know, And having a better feel if I do get in aaron have to catch them, you know, I'm a little more comfortable. But yeah, it's definitely a comforting feeling, and you know, I've got to see all these guys in spring too, So just in general, like, I feel good the short time I was up from Houston and San Diego, I got to catch a lot of bullpens and you know, meet new faces.
Speaker 8: So yeah, feel good Hunter.
Speaker 10: When people ask me about you, Hunter Fiduccia's our guest here before first Pitch. He is now active as Austin Barnes goes on to il. When people ask me, what can you tell me about Hunter Fiduccia, all I refer to is Clayton Kershaw a couple of years ago saying he liked throwing to you. That's got to be the greatest validation.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think that's where it all started a couple of years ago. Getting that validation. That's awesome. You know, I've watched them since I was a kid, and you know, getting to catch them and work with them is it was awesome. So yeah, that was kind of a kickstart to the whole thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I feel like when I say that the conversation ends, they're like, Okay, he's.
Speaker 8: Legit, right, Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 10: What did you learn that day catching him?
Speaker 14: You know, I mean it's it's still the same game obviously, I mean, Hall of Fame pitcher on the mountain. You're I mean, you want to do well, You're not. I'm trying not to be so nervous and worked up.
Speaker 8: In the moment. You know, kind of live in the moment.
Speaker 14: I think that would help me, you know when I do end up catching one game and you know, just live in the moment, take everything in and you know, trust my game and the process with everything, and should be fun.
Speaker 10: Hey, don't forget about Hunter Fiduca's bat. There's a bat there, left handed bat. People better not sleep on that.
Speaker 14: Hunter. Yeah, it's been uh, yeah, it's been good. I'm working tweaking some few things this year, you know, just trying to put the ball in play, help the team win.
Speaker 8: But yeah, awesome.
Speaker 4: You're a humble but hungry young man.
Speaker 10: Great to have you out here, and certainly the Dodgers have been watching you when you've earned this opportunity. So congratulations and we'll see you this week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank you so much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 10: There he is the man, Hunter Fiducca, smiling from here to San Gabriel. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, All right, thanks a lot. DV Hunter Yeah called up because the Dodgers need some reinforcements with Austin Barnes going on the injured list, Will Smith can't catch every day, and the Dodgers making some roster moves, some il stints for Austin Barnes and Andy Pohys getting sent to Triple A, Oklahoma City to make room for Tommy Edmund and Max Munty, who are activated off the injured list. Todgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shankys dot Com. Justin Turner back at Dodger Stadium for the first time. She is twenty twenty two in a Seattle Mariners uniform as he'll be introduced. A video tribute coming up. Just introduced in the starting the lineup. A nice round up, applause and cheers from the Dodger Stadium fans, well deserved for a guy who's been almost a decade wearing Dodger blue. Back at Dodger Stadium tonight. We lead you up to first pitch up. Next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Dead on your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Mariners. Hello Kitty Bobblehead Night or Hello Kitty Knight in general tonight out of Dodgers Stadium, It's the fans enjoy Hella Kitty. First pitch coming up at sevent ten and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by a year Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See your Toyota Dealer today. They make it easy. Brian wu on the mound for the Mariners. He's five and one with a two O six ERA, twenty four year old right hander, six round pick of the Mariners in twenty twenty one of cal Pauly Santos obispo second season out in the big leagues, making his fifteen start. He's been pretty good out there for the Mariners. He's pitched six innings in seven for seven in quality starts, allowing one or fewer runs at nine of his fourteen starts this year. Last time out, seven shutout innings, four hits, He struck out six but got a no decision against the Detroit Tigers. His three starts in the month of August twenty and two third innings, three earned runs and a one point three to one RA with nineteen strikeouts. Tonight his first time ever facing the Dodgers. Gavin Stone on the mound for the Dodgers. Think about where the Dodgers would be if they didn't have him in the rotation. Since opening Day, he leads the team and wins. He's ten and five with a three sixty three ERRA. The twenty five year old right hinder in his first full season now in the big leagues after making eight appearances last year. In twenty twenty three, making his twenty third start of the season, he has gone six plus innings and ten of the twenty two starts he's made this season. Last time out, five innings, one run, three hits, six strikeouts. That was in a win against the Milwaukee Brewers. This would be his first start ever against the Seattle Mariners, but he has faced them once and that came in relief. Last September in Seattle, Gavin Stone secured his first and only career save after throwing three to third innings while striking out five and walking to in relief. So it's the Dodgers and Mariners. Gavin Stone Bran Wu the pitching matchup. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Key's to the game r coming up next. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mariners. Hello, Kiddie Knight out of Dodger Stadium. Gavin Stone and Brian Wu. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers fans and hansher listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth. Tim Neverett, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 3: Tim, thanks again, We count you down to the first pitch. Look at the pitching matchups. Brian Wu. He's out of count Poly San Louis obispo second year in the big leagues five and one and a two O six to era. He has been a bright spot for this Mariner rotation.
Speaker 5: He has and for Gavin Stone, I think it basically falls around being able to throw strikes to set up the change up. He has an outstanding change up throws at about thirty percent of the time. Dodgers have to figure out, as you mentioned with Brian Wu, They've got to figure out how to get on base. Wu has given up zero earned runs in two of his lef has three starts in overall just the two to zero four batting average against. The Dodgers need to have very thoughtful advanced We'll find about the newcomers, if you will, that being Muncie and Edmund both in the lineup.
Speaker 3: And Nikama had designated for as Simon, Andy Pah has optioned to Triple A and Austin Barnes placed on the injured list with a fractured left big toe. So those are the roster moves for today. Is the Dodgers and Mariners get set for the first game of this three game series.
Speaker 2: Dan all right, Dodgers start the night seventy three and fifty two. They are three games up on the Padres, who are in action as we speak, playing host of the Minnesota Twins. They're actually feeding in Minnesota, already two to one in the bottom half of the first inning. Meanwhile, the Arizona Diamondbacks they have already won. Yeah, Arizona in action down to Miami, they won nine to six being the Marlin, so they're a half game closer now as we speak, Arizona three and a half games back of the Dodgers. Of the Dodgers got themselves a nice little race here. Got to keep pace with the win tonight when we come back. First pitch, Dodgers, Mariners, enjoy this one. I'm sim Kates has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network