Speaker 1: Jis and New Yorker.
Speaker 2: Toxi. I'm around.
Speaker 3: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini Cast. Welcome back into the stone Zone right here on the Roger Stone Show. If you're a political junkie, you're in the right place. And we have a very heated primary for governor of Florida going on in a couple of weeks. Early voting started this weekend in some counties, started a little earlier in some other counties, and it's getting quite contentious.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: To talk about that and a number of other things is my colleague Troy Smith, the editor and publisher of Slingshot Dot News and a Sage political analyst of the national and state scene.
Speaker 2: Troy welcoming back into the Stone.
Speaker 1: Zone, Rodre. As always, it's an honor to join you, and I know that you are a political junkie as I am. So this Florida race heating up as we get to the finish line here, I'm paying attention, You're paying attention. Can't wait to get into this here. Wanted to get your thoughts on just a few days out here, where you think this thing is going to end up.
Speaker 3: Well, it's very important that some people release lose perspective between let's call it the twitter verse or the blogger sphere and the real world. Those are two different things. So political stuff going on on Twitter, while it's interesting and provocative and sometimes bunging, that doesn't mean that the average Republican primary voter, who by the way, is sixty, the average age is almost seventy. That's the average age. So when people keep talking about the young vote in the Republican primary, sure there are some we want more, but this is an older electric. They're not hanging on x or Instagram or any other popular social media platforms. You have three candidates here. Byron Donalds is in a commanding position. He has not only the endorsement of Donald Trump, but he has amassed an incredible campaign war chess, which he's going to need even in red Florida. And what will be could be I think will be a difficult deal for all Republicans because we are forced to stop the Iranians from afaghan nuclear weapon. If we cared more about elections and getting re elected and not caring about whether America will be the target of a nuclear attack, I guess we could not do that. We'll talk about that a little bit later. But the other two candidates and is Vice Lieutenant Governor Jay Collins seems like a very nice guy, served his country with honor, but has never gotten I think what was probably the promised endorsement and support of Ron DeSantis. De santis master plan, as you know, is to run his wife, Casey DeSantis for governor. This is very much like ler Lean Wallace.
Speaker 2: Ran for governor of Alabama. Was elected. By the way, it was considered a pretty good governor.
Speaker 3: But that's because George is really running things. After George Wallace, the Alabama governor and independent presidential candidate, couldn't under their state constitution run.
Speaker 2: For another term.
Speaker 3: But that plan was destroyed when Ron DeSantis and Casey DeSantis and our current Attorney General James Uthmeyer siphoned ten million dollars in money federal money earmarked for the poor, the elderly, and the handicapped out of Medicare and into a dark money committee, where they then funneled it into the campaigns against two statewide constitutional amendments that they opposed, one of them having to do with the legalization of cannabis, and that is, of course fraud. They avoided this is through something called the Hope Foundation. When the governors first asked about it, his first instinct was to say, well, that's my wife's deal, like he knew nothing about it through his own wife under the bus. I thought that was hysterical. But the state legislature investigated. The committee clearly proved that they had illegally taken ten million dollars. They avoided federal indictment because they replaced the money, but they didn't replace the money from their own funds or political funds. The replacement of the money came from state taxpayers. So this scandal prevented the possibility of Casey Santus running for governor. Plus and all honesty, Ron DeSantis has worn out his fundraising capability. He had a well funded run for president because he was able to escort money from the utilities and the casinos and the other agricultural interest to many and the insurance industry, particularly in Florida. He's worn out his welcome with the legislature, retired of being bullied, fairly popular despite his knife in the back to the man who made him governor. You've heard me say that Ron was an undistinguished congressman running in single digits against the favorite Adam Puttnam State Agriculture commissioner until Matt Gates, end of mine, talked to President Trump into endorsing the little known Congressman Ron DeSantis. Trump never knew that DeSantis in twenty sixteen, when they were both on the ticket together post convention, had refused to endorse Trump. Trump didn't know that Ron DeSantis was informed by the FEDS that mar Lago was going to be raided graded, but did not have his lawyers have give Trump's lawyers heads up, which there would be nothing inappropriate about. And then, of course he challenged the man who made him. But to get back to the race here, DeSantis has not endorsed any candidate, including his own lieutenant governor, who he appointed to a vacancy when when the lieutenant governor de pardon me, the attorney General resigned to take the US Senate seat, and DeSantis appointed his counsel, James Uthmeyer, a man deeply involved in the movement of those illegal funds. So this, I think explains why there is no Desantius candidate for governor. And then there's a former Speaker, Paul Renner, who has a very conservative record, seems like a very decent fellow has not been able to get any traction, has not really be He's raised substantial money, but not as much money as it takes to compete in the states as expensive as Florida, which is a huge state. In my opinion, Renner would be an excellent Renner would be an excellent appointment to the office of Secretary of State, which the governor is entitled do. If Byron Donalds is elected governor. But then there's an interesting candidate, let's call him, an eccentric and provocative candidate named James Fishback. Fishback seems to be an internet phenomena and polling of the real world. I must tell you he doesn't fare very well online polls. He's doing great, We're told the young people are for him. He has been a pretty aggressive critic of Israel and insists that Israel has a disproportionate amount of influence in our foreign policy. We'll talk about that in a few minutes. He made a wild accusation last week that Byron Donalds was currently under federal investigation for sex trafficking. He built it up with a big press conference and a lot of predictions about what the bombshell he was going to drop, but the US Justice Department immediately put out a statement saying that it was completely and totally false. So look, I think Byron Donald's cruises to this nomination, and he has got a solid record as a conservative, and I think, nonetheless, because of the year, I think he's in for an uphill fight. He will be extremely well funded, and he is a fighter. The Democrats are in tough shape. It's hard to believe that the party of Luton Childs, who was both governor and senator, the Party of Rubin Askew was governor and a presidential contender, the party of Leroy Collins, the legendary former Miami governor of Florida. They couldn't come up with anybody as a kid other than a former Republican Congressman David Jolly, who's now a Democrat and a lobbyist who seems to be running on transgenderism as his key issue. So, uh again, We're gonna follow this race very quickly. I guess what I'm saying Eutroy is that I don't believe that Fishback will perform on election day on primary day the way he's performing online. And I think these kind of gotcha politics are not healthy for the system.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with you, Roger, and I think the actions of ron Cassandras in this race really points to who he really is. You've been talking about it for years, especially when you know any of these reports come out the usually launce himself that he's being considered for some position in Washington, d C. We talk about it every time, and the fact that this guy backstab President Donald Trump ran against him in twenty twenty four, told Americans one reason why President Trump couldn't be a great leader, and then refused to endorse him. And we've covered that for years, you and I. But just his actions a few days ago, I don't know if you know this, Roger. He came out and basically said that Paul Renner would be a great governor and gave a soft not a total endorsement, but like a soft endorsement of Paul Renner. And then Jake Collins, his own lieutenant governor, goes to the Internet and say this basically, what's going on here, This is my governor. I have volunteered to become lieutenant governor after he allowed his lieutenant governor to go out and become part of this university systemicsion questions about that as well. But you have Jay Collins, who is DeSantis's lieutenant governor, and then DeSantis comes in and praises Paul Renner. It just shows that lack of loyalty and why Ron DeSantis should never be considered for something at a high higher office or anything like that nature. This guy does not have loyalty in his DNA. As they say, Roger, he is a backstabber. He is somebody who has overseen utility rates to their highest levels. In Florida, we pay the highest of the nation, whether you're talking about people's you know, different fees and things like that with the state. And then not to mention when it comes to the mismanagement of many things on the state level. Of the ten million dollars that you talk about that was siphoned to Casey Desantles's charity, I mean, there's so many examples here, but.
Speaker 3: This istility utility rates, utility rates the highest in the country because Ron took nine million from Florida Power and Light and its subsidies. Insurance rates the highest in the country. He's signed a bill. So if your home is destroyed by a hurricane and you don't like what the governor got with the insurance payer company offers you you can't sue them. Round Santis signed that into law. Republicans, I think, are just as guilty. You know, it's always ansure on the Internet. People tell me he's the best governor in the country. I usually check and see that many of them don't live in Florida. He's been good on some issues, I would and he's certainly notably better than Andrew Gillim, who I read yesterday is now back in prison for his being caught and tested positive for meth amphetamine. We wish him the best in his recovery. The other thing I think is interesting, Troy, that I want to touch on, because you've been through a campaign. You go to your mailbox and you get seventeen individual big floppy mailings for candidates for the state Assembly, for a state representative, for Congress, for governor, and there are so many of them, and politicians use them, but and political consultants love them because the markup is very lucrative. But they're completely and totally ineffective. I mean, as someone who you know who got a degree or I should say studied marketing and went and started as a direct mail copywriter, I raised seven million dollars through the mail for Ronald Reagan. That is not direct mail. Those big floppy pieces, they're so oversaturated they have no impact, no matter how outrageous the headline is. To me, mail is a close face envelope that appears to be hand addressed. Your computer programming. Do that in the upper left hand corner is just your return address. It doesn't say Troy Smith for Congress. When you open it up. It's a three page letter folded in a Z fold that just says that Troy Smith, your name is the letter head, not Chroic Smith for Congress. Has the appropriate disclaimer at the very end of the letter, and it is a it's in a chatty conversational tone. But the more you tell, the more you sell. As they say in direct marketing, you have a chance to make your case. I often include a picture postcard of the candidate and his wife, or the kididate and her husband, or a family photo or a description on the back. Sometimes I will include a chart that compares my opponent in me on the five issues my Poland shows are most significant in the race. That is a that is direct mail, and you can even get a bulk stamp and put it on slightly crooked so that people open it. Now, think about it. When you go to mailbox, what's the first thing you do. You divide your mail into two piles. One is a pile of things you're going to throw away, the Sam's clud flyer, the car wash flyer, the political flyers. And those are things that you're going to open, bills or other things. You're not sure what they are, but they look like they were letters. That's the pile you're going to open. That is direct mail. It's expensive with the costs of postage, even at bulk rates, although if you pre sort it by ZIP code and bundle it, you can bring your costs down. And it is incredibly effective in Republican primaries where older voters will open an envelope and will read. But nobody does that anymore because you see the consultants don't make a big markup, and because it takes a great deal of preparation. But it is an extraordinarily effective tool.
Speaker 2: When we come back and talk.
Speaker 3: About cable and why it's changed the face of politics, talk about these text messages that no doubt, if you live in Florida, you get fifteen Umber Day telling you who to vote for. These are all the mechanics of politics that I have fifty years experience in, and I see him playing out right here in this Florida governor's race. We'll be right back with Troy Smith. Troy, welcome back into the Stone zone here on the Rogerstone Show. The US Senate confirmed Trump attorney and Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche as Attorney General on August eighth, twenty twenty six, by a vote of fifty to forty nine. This was only after Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski bailed out on him, which I think was a disgraceful. Blanche brings an unusual set of qualifications to job. He kind of knows federal prosecution from both sides of the courtroom. He spent many years as a federal prosecutor in the Southern District of New York, one of the toughest districts, before entering private practice and a very successful criminal defense practice, specifically representing Donald Trump very ably in three criminal cases brought against him in twenty twenty three twenty twenty four, the so called law Fair cases. So he's seen firsthand how formidable the federal prosecutorial apparatus can be when it is biased and twisted, and where the system is manipulated for a politically targeted individual. In my view, Todd Watch is a tough guy. What he really needs to do is by confronting the institutional wreckage left by the Trump Russian investigation. Just this week, we learned even more about the abuses of the FBI opening an investigation of Donald Trump for being a Russian asset with no probable cause or evidence to justify, because they were angry that he had fired James call Me Me over his illegal handling of the Hillary Clinton server file a case yet so. Yet another piece of evidence that this was that this was a setup. Telsea Gabber, the crusading Director of National Intelligence. He classified all the documents that showed that he was a conspicitious conspiracist, included Donald Trump. A party of pardon me included Barack Obama, included FBI director James call Mey, CIA director John Brennan, truly one.
Speaker 2: Of the ring leaders of this conspiracy.
Speaker 3: National Director of Intelligence, Doctor General James Clapper, the White House National Security Advisor Susan Rice, John Podesta, Rod Rosenstein particularly the acting Attorney general Trump appointe. There's very definitely proven both in the Durham and investigation and in the Inspector General's report by Michael Horror, which both of which, by the way, I think are fairly sanitized because Durham never has subpoena power. How do you get to the bottom of a scandal without subpoena power. And we know to some extens that Horowitz whitewashed quite a bit. But this is the greatest single dirty trick in American political history, the greatest single abuse of power. But because it began in Washington, d c. In twenty sixteen and seventeen, takes you all the way through the two phony impeachments. Tolcy Gabbert documented that as well, all the way to the manipulation of the twenty twenty election. Then the set of warfare of lawfare and Trump against against Trump in New York, the evaluations case, the Egene Carol sexual assault case, the hush money case, all orchestrated by the Biden Justice Department. People have to be prosecuted for these crimes. This is a treason's crime. There was no evidence justifying the appointment of Robert Muller justifying the three year harassment of Donald Trump where his rights were violated, and people are either they invited the law and the constitution. They're going to go to jail when they're not. Now, if you're Trump supporter or a Trump critic, you say, well, this is revenge and retaliation. No, I say that it is accountability and justice. Otherwise we have a two year justice system. I was prosecuted for lying to Congress when no misstatement I meant to made to Congress was either wilful or material. There was no Russian collusion to hide. So how could the judge say, Roger Stone, you're convicted of hiding, covering up for Donald Trump, covering up what. No coordination or communications or shift of information from Wiki leaps and no Russian collusion. Those are the facts. So here's the question for Tom Bunch, and I think he's up to it, confident about this. Will people be brought to justice? This is being investigated in Southern District of Florida because it ends in the rate at Marlago. That's why the jurisdiction is there.
Speaker 2: And Joe D.
Speaker 3: Genova, an incredibly able former US attorney's been added to that Strikeforce. This is the single most important thing of many important things that Todd Branch has to do in my view. Troy, I'm sorry for the soliloquy, but I had to get all of that in. I want to thank you for joining us for the political round up here in the Stone Zone on the Roger Stone Show. We'll be right back for the shocking story of Chinese communist organ harvesting.
Speaker 2: It's gonna blow your mind, Joe.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back for the shocking story of Chinese communist organ harvesting.
Speaker 2: It's gonna blow your mind.