Speaker 1: Caught me dancing, Dave John Man, that's good stuff.
Speaker 2: It's Verdein White's birthday. He's the bass player. What did you get my card for Earth Wind and Fire?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you give an earth?
Speaker 2: He's seventy three.
Speaker 1: Earth Wind and Fire birthday seventy three. Wow. I thought it would have been a little bit older, maybe like seventy six.
Speaker 2: He was a young stud when they got going. Man. Now he's just an older stud.
Speaker 1: Oh stud baby. News Radio eight forty whas that's Dave Jennings. I missed you yesterday. Brother.
Speaker 2: Yep, we had the grandson. Took him shopping. That's what we do on their birthday.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. That's a good grandpa. And by the way, I'm Dwight Witting and this is News Radio eight forty whs has. Yeah, I kind of got caught with my pants down again. You don't get caught because you do it volunteer I do it volunteerly. But this time I don't mean literally, I mean figuratively. Our guest was supposed to be for the First Hour Center President Robert Steivers, but in all fairness, one of the drawbacks of being one of the top three journalists in the nation quite frankly, Sure, sure, Dave, Tony.
Speaker 2: And Kelly Kelly Ripper.
Speaker 1: She's the fourth obviously with the top three, and that would be you, Tony myself or the top three journalists in the nation. Oftentimes it can intimidate guests and they get cold feet and they don't show up. So you know, it happens. It happens because they get a little intimidated by our greatness. But let me just tell you this. Yes, if you're a guest that comes on Dave myself to we're just regular guys, just like yourself, except we don't see gender.
Speaker 2: That's admirable.
Speaker 1: It's just we're exceptional at journalism. That's the only thing that said.
Speaker 2: Well, and.
Speaker 1: We're a little bit perfect. But other than that, we're just like you. Hey, did you watch the I call it an address? It was about five minutes last night. He was supposed to tell us why he was dropping out of the race.
Speaker 2: Well, we all, we all know that. Just admit that, Well he didn't. That's that's the he wants to ride out his term, so he can't admit that he can't do it.
Speaker 1: Well, then then say, you know, ad meant that you were forced out, But it was, Uh. I watched it last night. I shouldn't have watched him. My wife said, don't watch it, You'll never get to sleep, and she was somewhat right. It just pissed me off because I kept waiting for Alan Funt and the candid cameras to come out, because I thought I was going crazy. The guy comes on and he says, uh, he says he's stepping down to save democracy. So let me translate that. Fourteen million people voted for you to become the presidential candidate, the incumbent for the Democratic Party. You are stepping away from that, or quite frankly, you're being forced out. Of course, that's not saving democracy. That's a bastardization of democracy. As a matter of fact, if you wanted to save democracy, here's what you should have done, President Vegetable, I mean Biden. You should have about out in twenty twenty two when everybody knew that you were a dementia ridden and capable person, or twenty three even for that matter, because who wants to throw their hat in a ring on a presidential run except for Kamala Harris with four months ago, Dave.
Speaker 2: And for all the people that fall for this threat to democracy stuff. Remember Trump has already been president, right, what threat to democracy materialized during those four years?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I always like asking incomes were high, the border was shut, journalists weren't locked up. All these things you make up never ever happened. None of it, nor will it.
Speaker 1: I do always question who's stupid enough to believe that bs that they put out there? But there's plenty of people that do, and I always like asking them, what is it that you hated so much about Trump? Now? You can't say because he runs off of the mouth, because he does. Yeah, personally, that's one of my favorite things about it. The guy calls it like it is and he's not political correct, politically correct if you ask me. People had enough of political correctness in fifteen and sixteen, and that's what got him elected along with Paulus.
Speaker 2: I would rather have money in my pocket and tasteless tweets right than the reverse.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of where I go is what is it do you hate about President Trump? Is it the soaring economy? Is it you're soaring four oh one case? Was it the border security?
Speaker 2: No, it's all the things that were made up about him, Russia and Stormy and all these things over and over and over again that damaged him as not actually what he did.
Speaker 1: So he starts out by saying, after fourteen million people voted for me and I dug my heels in, I'm gonna step away and let another candidate be installed installed to save democracy, which I thought, am I the only one to seeing the lunacy in this?
Speaker 2: Things have changed? Remember Gary Hart, he was the fair haired Democrat who was going to take over the party. He was young, good looking, and then he had an affair and that ruined his candidacy. Now nobody cares if you had an affair.
Speaker 1: Did you ever hear the story of how when Gary Hart met Missus Hart, it was Meida, it was Moida.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we're thinking of like that.
Speaker 1: So that's the first thing he's saying he's saving democracy when actually he's blanking all over democracy as well as the Democratic Party. And then he says that our borders are now more secure than ever before. And I'm looking at I'm looking about dog. Even my dog, Limmy is looking at the television set and he's twisting his head back and forth. He know how dogs do when they can't understand. And the disbelief. And then he goes on to say how he united the nation.
Speaker 2: Everyone living in major cities knows that the border is not closed.
Speaker 1: He goes on and on, and he says how crime is down across the nation. I seriously thought, man, I'm going crazy.
Speaker 2: That's the old Mayor Fisher trick. Yeah, so crime is up three hundred percent, it goes down two percent. Crime is down? Not really, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was pretty pathetic. I probably shouldn't have watched it, but we were having President Stuivers on. I'll, you know what, I do want to bring it up with President Stuivers, but obviously he's rescheduling. We'll find out what's going on with and we will.
Speaker 2: Take him whenever he wants to come on.
Speaker 1: We'll get him rescheduled and we'll shift gears. Now. But where all did you go yesterday to shop? Man?
Speaker 2: I mean wherever he wanted to. So we went to this pet shop called Sandy's. He was looking at a get go and we said, okay, look it, we're gonna call your house. We're not bringing an animal home without your parents' permission. So we hung out there. We petted the ferrets and the bunnies. And had the cockatiels and the parakeets. He held an albino python, which I didn't want to touch. I'm not a snake guy.
Speaker 1: I've had two snakes.
Speaker 2: That was college once to a couple of different targets.
Speaker 1: Walmart.
Speaker 2: Where else did we go? We had lunch at Burger Can. Wherever he wanted to go. We went, and he bought a controller at game stop.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, man, Yeah, that's a good great. I would have went with a ferret though I didn't know you could buy a ferret.
Speaker 2: You can buy a ferret. They had two ferrets. They were adorable. I didn't realize there were carnivores and they eat a lot of meat.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that you didn't get the Geico because the gecko the get go, because he would have been selling the insurance.
Speaker 2: All the time. I know, it's like, would you stop it?
Speaker 1: Would you please come on? The parents of the kid.
Speaker 2: You know I'm happy with eerie, Okay, please leave me go?
Speaker 1: Well once more, if for those in the back they can't understand, like the Witton's, the witt and kid, cops have social media too. Police have social media, just like you did. You see the story Monday about Tara and James Lyles. I did not Okay, this is a Louisville story. And by the way, I got this off our national prep site. So once again Kentucky makes the news. It's never, you know, it's never. Kentucky makes the news for astronauts, scientists cure cancer. Well that's another thing he brought up last night. He said he's developed a moonshot that will cure cancer.
Speaker 2: Oh well, at least it wasn't your moonshot.
Speaker 1: Hey, why were you sitting How come you're sitting on that, miss President? Why didn't you reveal that before? I don't you got a moonshot? It was a lot of it. I couldn't understand. Anyway, happened on Monday. Seems like this man and this woman, Tara and James Lyles, they had a they had a good thing going, but they got arrested by Kentucky State Police after accused of a drug trafficking.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Authority say they had their eyes on them since February, but they were finally able to able to nab the pair because yes, well day they got a TikTok page they know, uh huh, and cops received a tip to the duo, we're running a large scale operation involving uh merge you want cold in THC products? Uh that. They were allegedly posting videos of the drug making process on their TikTok feed. They were saying, Okay, here look, here's our big drug operation. But more about that, let me show you behind the scenes. How were many of you out there asking it? Well, how do you grow hydroponic marijuana?
Speaker 2: So it's like a g IY thing?
Speaker 1: I guess it was. I guess it was, And went on their own show. So, uh, who doesn't have a podcast anymore? You might as well go ahead and make one podcast. What's podcast? You see, dave? A podcast is a radio show with far less revenue and listeners. Got it and content anyway, So they go on their TikTok feed and they start showing up their drug operation didn't go over too well. That's when an undercover purchase led to the eventual rest. Two hundred and eighteen pounds of marijuana reportedly seized from their warehouse had a street value of four hundred and forty four thousand.
Speaker 2: And one hundred and fifty pounds of it are in the evidence room.
Speaker 1: I know, well, you know and That's one of the things I want to ask President Stuivers about this morning was a legalization of medical marijuana. It's been legalized. It doesn't go in effect until January twenty twenty five, but chase the squirrel there. But anyway, four hundred and forty thousand dollars worth of marijuana. Wonder what well, if they get a judge like Judge Julie Kaitlin, they'll probably.
Speaker 2: Like a three dollar fine. Oh I would think so, well, she's not that tough. They're gonna be trade out.
Speaker 1: They'll get a stern warning please and a pinky promise please don't ever do this again. But they had, you know, half million dollar operation almost and then they got to go on social media and ruin it all.
Speaker 2: Brag about it, brag about it. Someone needs your help. Oh no, well it's a dear squatchy. Okay, you seem well equipped to handle this one.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Dave. Who's it from. It's from Nathan? Hey, Nathan, Wait not Nathan our boss, is it? I don't think so we got we got You can't swing a dead cab without hitting a boss.
Speaker 2: I know, right, you have two bosses. I love, I love Nathan, our boss. So he's a handsome guy, Cole, he's so smart. I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what can I do for you, Nathan? And thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: It's not this Nathan, obviously, because well, a coworker has been spreading false rumors about another of our co workers. I guess in the hope that it will make them more likely to get a coveted promotion that someone from our team is going to be getting soon. I'm also in the running for this position, so I'm torn about what to do. Should I report the coworker that's spreading rumors to HR or just ignore it, even though I don't approve of that kind of behavior and I'm potentially benefiting from it, what should I do?
Speaker 1: You benefit from it? What are you ignorant? Right? You benefit from it.
Speaker 2: You get the promotion, So you sit back and you watch the carnage. You watched the other guy take everyone else down, so it's just you and the taker down or.
Speaker 1: Your damn right you do? You get your popcorn out and you kick back in the sales department and you watch it or go down, and you smile at each falling body. Unto you, that promotion is yours.
Speaker 2: Because you had a thirty three percent chance and now you've got a fifty percent chance. I knew you were equipped to handle this.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Case closed on that one, all right yesterday while you were gone. By the way, Dave, thanks for pulling some interviews for me. I did pull some other interviews as well, and I had a good look back. Uh it was a fun day, but uh, Mischief's so glad to have you back. And later on in the show where we do have Bluebelt ice cream coming in no way, so hopefully they bring in.
Speaker 2: Well, come in if they don't bring ice cream.
Speaker 1: A chocolate tequila ice cream?
Speaker 2: Is there a tequila ice cream?
Speaker 1: Well kidding, we're gonna pitch it to him.
Speaker 2: Well you'll just add some We just like that's what I do. I know.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into a joke of the day, and I'm gonna need immunity music.
Speaker 2: On this aris Hillary for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Hey, Dave, Hey Dwight. So this guy goes into a doctor Scott Young's office. Sure, says a doctor Scott Young, I can't stop singing the Green Green Grass at home.
Speaker 2: Wow, of all songs to get stuck in your head.
Speaker 1: I know, late sixties, early seventies. Doctor Kin scratches his chin and goes, well, it sounds like it's Tom Jones syndrome.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hate that people throw underwear at you.
Speaker 1: That's when the uh, that's when the pager goes. Tom Jones says them syndrome? Is that common? And doctor says, well, it's not unusual. Oh boy, hey, let that road just for a second, let's do it. Oh, Tom Jones is underrated if you asked me, all right, hey guys, gals or many of the other multiple genders that are out.
Speaker 2: We don't see gender. Oh that's admirable, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you about my favorite sunglasses by a million miles. It's my Shady rais no big secret there. I love the aviators, especially now because aviators actually come in color rush. You don't know what color rush is. Go do yourself a favorite. Go by the ox More Center and ask them to try on the color rush. They make all of the colors just pop out. There's so much more bright and vibrant. Even the yellow lines on the road they pop out. You're gonna love color USh. You got a golfer in your life, or maybe you're a golfer, here's the perfect gift for them or gift for yourself. I'm talking about the green Wolf series. These glasses are designed specifically for golfers and to follow the ball. And let me tell you, every golfer I recommend it to they thank me and say they love them. Plus, here's the best part. If you lose them, scratch and break them, even if they're stolen Shady Rays they're going to replace them. And if you use cod Whas that's in store at the Oxmoor Center online at Shady Rays dot com, well you can get fifty percent off two or more pair. I love every one of my pairs of Shady Raise thirty three. I gotta send you a picture of our dresser from Kybos Lucas cause I took twenty five pairs. I'm not kidding. I'll post the picture too.
Speaker 2: I'll saw twenty five pair for six days.
Speaker 1: Yes, you never know, choiceys choices. I've got more changes than wardrobe. Wardrobe Chase is the all right stick around. More on the Way included Courtney Dunehole. We're gonna find out what's going on with our money. It's all on the Way. News Radio eight forty whas Oh my word, little No Show Jones there as we would a No Show Jones played on us by President Robert Stivers. We hope everything's all right. I'm sure we're gonna reschedule with him. Sure, sure, but we'll go from there. Before we get the court courtey dnehole, I got to tell you about my friends at SIMS Furniture. You're gonna love SIMS Furniture. Wow, what a selection. When it comes to bedroom, living room, you name it, even mattresses, appliance is And listen to this. If you spend one thousand dollars or more on furniture or whatever at SIMS Furniture, mattress and Appliance, they're gonna throw in a free TV with you. And that's even if you use credit with them, cash or credit, you're gonna get a TV with your purchase. When's the last time you were proud of your furniture? Susan and I we used to have the worst couch in the world. I'm telling you, it's horrible. We upgrade at ours and now sometimes you just stand in the living room and look at it. You'll be amazed. It was some good quality furniture at a great price will do for your demeanor when you walk in the door. You're gonna love your new furniture or your new bed, your new mattress, your television, whatever it might be. From Sims Furniture. Think you can't have credit, Think again, try my friends at Sim's Furniture. Two locations Dixie Highway right by the courthouse and of course Preston Highway and the old Target Building formerly Fitzpatrick's Furniture now Sims Furniture. You're gonna love them, and you're gonna love the sensual butterfry that is Courtney Donahoe. How you doing, Courtney?
Speaker 3: Hey, well, I was hearing that song and I was thinking about The Highwaymen. Oh yeah, yeah, I actually watched the concert recently. I think it was showing on public television.
Speaker 1: You know my favorite line from from the song the Highwaymen. From the Highwayman, what's your favorite one? Hi fly a star show cross the universe? I was watching. I watched old seventies shows.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, here we go.
Speaker 1: Maybe one of.
Speaker 2: The first super grips o the day, I think so.
Speaker 1: So, I was watching Colombo excuse me, and.
Speaker 3: I like that accent throwing that right out to the New Yorker.
Speaker 1: Jesu, my wife, she loves your stuff. So anyway, I was watching it and they had an episode where Johnny Cash was playing a singer stretch for an acting huh man.
Speaker 2: He was playing a singer named Tommy Brown, Downtown Tommy Brown.
Speaker 1: But anyway, go ahead. You were talking about watching the show the best.
Speaker 3: Song and if anybody wants to YouTube it, loving her was easier than I'd ever do.
Speaker 1: Again, Yeah, that's a great songat that.
Speaker 3: That was I think the best of it. I really love listening to Willie Nelson.
Speaker 1: I never would have thought that about you being in you know, a New York, New Yorker being a hobbit chick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, see, my dad is My dad grew up in Ireland and country music is so big there, and Irish music is also a version of country music in some sort of way. And that's what I grew up listening to was all of those kind of songs because that's what my dad used to play all the time. So he used to play Willie and he used to also U. He loved what's his name? You know, you know who I'm talking about. He sang Islands in the Stern, Kenny ro Oh, he played Kenny Rogers all the time, and it was it was great, but it was funny because I'm I. I like some country. I like older country, not the new stuff me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, will you marry me? Yeah, it's great. It's great to hear a I don't see Jenny. But I've been told you're female to say that they don't like new country.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't like it at all. But it's funny because I used to listen to all of this growing up, and I used to sing all the songs along with along with my dad, and he just said he's the best. I love my dad. So it's like that's that gave me the boost of love and all.
Speaker 1: Well, before we get before we get into the money market, I just wanted to propose because I get to hear you sing every day at ten. Oh man, I want to propose that you and I do a duet of Islands in the Stream together.
Speaker 3: Oh we should. I also like reunited reunited.
Speaker 1: Pronounced reu needy needy.
Speaker 3: Feels so good you needy on ice.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: On ice makes everything nice.
Speaker 3: Ah, So let me give you while while we're hearing the lovely sound of Willy in the background. We had a rough day on Wall Street yesterday, no doubt about it. It was ugly. We had disappointing earnings reports from Tesla and Google parent Alphabet. Now this morning we're seeing a bit of a recovery right at the open, and the Dow was up some of new two points. The S and P five hundred little change. The economy in the second quarter grew two point eight percent, doubling the pace of the first quarter. That means the consumer is still holding up, and that is good news for our economy. With the News Radio eight forty wha s Bloomberg Money Report, I'm Courtney Donahoe.
Speaker 1: This is my favorite Tom Jones song.
Speaker 2: I like this one.
Speaker 1: So what you have to get to the chorus, baby, Oh my gosh, it's so hard not to sing.
Speaker 2: I want to take my boxers off.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's where I'm getting at. Okay, That's where I'm getting at. It's so hard not to sing to this saw, but I've learned with the podcast. There's no music and I sound ridiculous enough, But anyway, we played some Tom Jones. It was punchline of the joke of the day. And that's when Brianna, who listens to us every morning in New Orleans, Louisiana. Hi, Brianna, Oh, let me tell you what I'm going to do it. I'm gonna turn on to Tony David Dwight. She listens to us every morning in New Orleans. First of all, thank you for that. But she text us and she said, I sat front row of Tom Jones in Vegas and I couldn't believe how many panties were thrown past my head. That's why I responded, Hell, I think I'd throw my underwear at the guy. She said, every woman in the room wanted to be with him, and every man wanted to be him. I've never seen anything like it.
Speaker 2: You know who else thought he was sexy? Who?
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you, Pillgrill, I think he's sexy too.
Speaker 2: Gosh, thank you, Thanks Bet.
Speaker 1: John Wayne with Clinton Eastwoods. I couldn't beat the ugly. It just fids eighty four years old, the guy and he's still performing. He was at Bourbon and Beyond last year in September. I desperately wanted to go. I got to the gate and they said, mister Jones' request that you don't come in until he leaves the stage because of my sexiness, it might make his sex sexionist pell in comparison, I say, you know what, I get it. You know that would have never happened in the seventies because he was far sexier than me in the seventies. By the time, the guy was eighty three years old, So I get it.
Speaker 2: Yep, he's pretty pretty sharp for eighty three, eighty forty four and still and still touring.
Speaker 1: So anyway, thank you for listening to New Orleans Brianna. If you're an Amazon Prime shopper, I am. Sometimes you get decision paralysis. Say you want to get I don't know a coffee mug and Sean and he said, oh this, I like this one. Man, I like this one too, And they both got four and a half stars, lots of great reviews. You don't know what to do. Amazon subscribers will soon be noticing, noticing a change to the platform, and hopefully they're the hoping that the end what they call decision paralysis.
Speaker 2: Reviews are in Spanish, I do too, that's helpful.
Speaker 1: It is helpful. It could take. I mean it takes sometimes it takes me a couple of days to make decisions because it's so close on a coffee mug. Yeah, I'll take my coffee mugs pretty damn seriously. But now we're going use AI for a more personalized searched search. A new prime tabs being rolled out to curate the content and the access you need and kind of make decisions for you on this.
Speaker 2: I don't need that.
Speaker 1: I don't need that either, man, you know what I mean. I mean it's I think the Hawaii thing is creepy and I can't wait until the robots come and take us all. You know it's coming. I'll probably get murdered by my blender in the middle of the night. That's why we don't have any smart kitchen items. I think my smart toaster is going to talk to my blender form an assassination program or a plan and take me out in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: What a way to go, I guess.
Speaker 1: So Hey, listen, I've done a lot of things in my life that I'm sure glad that I did. Marry my wife, Susan Tyler Wittne. That's the number one number. Oh no, that's it, baby, that's number one.
Speaker 2: Ate A lot of good stuff off the floor.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not in the top five. I'll tell you what is one of the top things I've ever done for myself. It started a testosterone twelve years ago. As a matter of fact, when we first got married, I was tired, lethargic all the time. When I got off work, all I wanted to do was lay around the couch in the winter time, not even kidding. When I got home sometimes I would go straight to bed and just ride it out and wait until I could finally go to sleep for the rest of the night. There's no way to live. It wasn't fair to me. It wasn't fair to Susan either. Quite frankly, on the weekends, all the one to sleep. I got my testosterone checked, my numbers checked, and man, it was low. As soon as I started on testosterone, I started to see a change. And now I'm never going back to the way that I used to feel. Guys, if you're starting to get a letharger, your sex drive is starting to dip a little bit. Take the low te quiz. It's ten questions, yes or no, and then make your appointment with Tri State Men's Health. It's a ninety nine dollars visit, but it's worth it because they do lab work on you. You get your results back within thirty minutes or less. You're sitting across for a licensed medical professional, and I'll over all of your numbers, your PSA, your testosterone, the works, explain it all. If you make an educated decision and you think testosterone was right for you, well they just apply that ninety nine dollars towards your plan. Starting at hormone therapy was one of the best things that I've ever done for myself. See if it's the right move for you. Could be could change your life for the better. Go to try statements. Go to try statementshealth dot com, stick around Cops rock at the top of the hour, and then Dave has a list for us.
Speaker 2: If you've ever had a horrible HouseGuest, are they as bad as the ones I'm gonna share with you coming up?
Speaker 1: Usually I am the horrible It's on the way, it news ready to wait forty whs