Speaker 1: It's nice size.
Speaker 2: Find in news radio.
Speaker 3: All right, back to the call as we go, where you're talking about what else what happened last night? Yesterday, it's all over Joel and Natick. Joel, next do Knights?
Speaker 4: I go ahead, yes, Dan, So it's a good thing. We don't have to wait for Arizona that results to get that elected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll they'll go come in sometime in January.
Speaker 4: I think you yeah, yeah, So you know what they should do, Dan, we should we should have an amendment to the constitution, so election so every state has the same rules to follow. Instead he's still having no own.
Speaker 3: Well, the constitution specifically, you'll have to amend the constitution because the Constitution specifically says that elections shall be run by the rules that are established in each state. So you've got to change the constitution. It's not easy.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to do that. We're not going to do that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's a tough one, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: But I'm glad at some point that he can clean up the swamp.
Speaker 3: Well, he had four years to do it before.
Speaker 4: But he was an experience then, he is an experienced the first four years, but.
Speaker 3: Now had no excuse this time on. I'm not saying I'm just saying that he was there once before. He appointed people. Some were competent, some were loyal. Very few were both competent and loyal. You have to be very he has to be very careful who he brings in to his administration. He has to bring in competent were also loyal.
Speaker 4: Yes, definitely, that's and that's.
Speaker 3: Tough for mean you when you're you're the federal government is a huge behemoth, and you have to make sure that you're bringing in people who are going to be able to do the job and who were not Yes people, but you have to be able to accept strong people like Bill Barr I think was a strong attorney general. And when he refused to take advice, what did he do? He got rid of him. I just think that's It's like if you have a doctor and the doctor tells you you're sick and you need to do this, this or this, and you say, I'm not doing it, doc, Well go find a different doctor. But that's that's what you got to do. You know, if you have a lawyer, if you get arrested for something and the lawyer says to you, look, they got your cold here. Maybe I want to, you know, talk with them about maybe we can plead, you know, and get you a deal. And you say, I don't know, I want to go to trial. You go to trial and you get fifty years, and you say, well, I should.
Speaker 2: Have listened to a lawyer, you know. Yeh you know.
Speaker 3: Trump is Trump is a very strong I kind of imagine anybody more strong minded. He sort of reminds me of George Steinbrenner, another New Yorker, you know, rather do it their own way and we'll see, you know. I hope, I hope he's successful. I think that we all should hope that that he runs a competent administration whoever gets elected.
Speaker 4: Because face can't get much worse than they are now, well.
Speaker 3: Things will get a whole lot worse. Trust me, No, I mean you know this this. We just saw the stock market jump up fifteen hundred points today. Tell me where it is a month from now.
Speaker 4: You know, we gotta come on, come on, might go down fifteen hundred points.
Speaker 3: Well, it's that's been its pattern for the last few weeks. That's okay, Joel. I think we got to be positive, but we can't be positive now we can never be positive. I look forward to seeing you need it.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, you take care.
Speaker 3: Thanks man, you too. Let me go to balt gonna go to Baltimore. We got Theatore in Baltimore Theater. You're my third caller from Maryland, and I can write.
Speaker 5: Ahead, well, the callers you got from Maryland, the African American? You mean you got call this you got from Maryland. That shows that ignorance going to see. Let me say that I'm not to be a favorite.
Speaker 3: Don't don't insult fellow Marylanders on my program.
Speaker 5: Come on, well, at any rate, I'm not looking through the road colored glass. Black people are wishing that everybody gets along. It's not going to be that way.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: First of all, he didn't increase much of a margin.
Speaker 3: We got a hold on. We get a lot of static on your mind.
Speaker 5: So what I'm going to do is, yeah, hold on, hold on, hold.
Speaker 3: On, hold on, rob I'll come back to Theodore right after the break. We're not going to cut him or anything like that, but I want to get his line cleaned up. I have no idea what sort of line he was on. Well, we'll get back to Theodore and the rest of the calls. Uh, everything's filled up right now, So don't worry. We'll we'll get to you at some point. Just keep calling. I try to move as many people as I can, as quickly as I can. Tonight on Night Side. Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio. We got theatre back Theaterore. I hope the line cleared up a little bit. We were not hearing you before. Go right ahead.
Speaker 5: As I was saying Dan that those people were ignorant, going to see now, I'm an African American and I speak to many more of them than you do. And I'm gonna tell you when they say that he doesn't mean what he says. He does. The people that surround him, they're going to implement his program. And the African American people in this country, thank god. I had to working hard government jobs and working in places like the post office help us get to the middle class. This is what he's going to attack in Project twenty twenty five. He's gonna cut the postal postal service, and Elon Musk's gonna cut it for him. He's gonna cut the postal service. One of the plaque one of the planks in the platform was based on Rich Scott's plan for America. Rick Scott said that every five years, Social Security and all benefits should be sunset until they checked everyone to see if they should be getting these benefits. This is what they're going to do. They're going to get rid of Obamacare because not because it's a bad plan, but because they want to get a man with a black man's legacy. And that's the kind.
Speaker 3: Of Well again, you know, Theodore, I think I'm going to disagree with you in just about everything you said, and as opposed to just telling me what you think is going to happen. Let's see what happens when.
Speaker 2: Dan read Planned twenty five.
Speaker 3: Look, I have read it. I have read it. I have read it.
Speaker 4: Away, look at credit credit.
Speaker 5: Mister Joy in the post office should have been kicked out, but they couldn't.
Speaker 3: Theodore, Please, Theodore, Theodore, please, let's have a conversation. Okay, come on, man, All I'm asking you is, let's see what happens this guy. He's been president elected for one day. The majority of the American people have have re elected him. What's and all? I know that you are fearful, but I don't want to see you have a heart attack over things.
Speaker 5: That you think. No, I want to have that but you but you see, uh uh, he gave he gave what that uh COVID to Putin when people over here needed when he talked to people talk to enemies without an American interpretive it.
Speaker 3: But all the you know that that is an that's an old story. The American people have just elected. And by the way, by the way, Theodore, by the way, by the way, by the way, if you don't mind being participating on my own program, let us assume the story that I read it. I don't know if it's true or not. But what I read somewhere, and I have no idea if it's a true story that he sent some sort of a machine to Putin so that Putin could test himself for COVID. Is that the story you're referring to.
Speaker 5: I'm referring to that story in the fact, he's sent a complete COVID package full of guys. What I mean, why would you send that to Why not give it to the America?
Speaker 2: Hold?
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, Theodore, hold on, okay, did you have COVID test kits in twenty your line starting to Craig break up on us again. Please did you have COVID test kits? Did you have COVID COVID test kits?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I had COVID. I had to go to the hospital.
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of people got COVID. So you never got any COVID test kits from the government. They were giving them away. All you had to do was go online and they would send you free test kits.
Speaker 5: You don't remember that, right, I remember, But you remember dance. You're always talking about principal principle.
Speaker 3: But the point I'm trying to make to you, if you just allow me to finish my thought, is that let's assume, you know, he thought that he could engender some goodwill with a guy who has a failing of intercontinental nuclear warhead ballistic missiles. And let's assume he thought, Okay, we can send him some COVID tests so he can test himself and his family, and maybe he will he will appreciate them. I mean, you know, we get the Obama administration gave billions of dollars to Iran on on pallets of cash, uh and they and they used those that money to buy weapons UH and to build weapons with say, poured in in the state of Israel.
Speaker 5: Come on, correction direction then the JCP to Joint Comprehensive Plan of Acting Jcpoh, we've had frozen Ourranian funds an stop them from getting the nuclear weapons. They gave them their own money back, and they're.
Speaker 3: Still trying to get nuclear weapons. They're still trying to get nuclear weapons. And the the money that we gave them back was somewhere around six billion dollars crates of American cash. The youter I got to run here. Your line's not great tonight, but but do me a favorite. Don't intel other guys from Baltimore you might disagree with. Come on, I don't like that. You know that. Okay, thanks appreciate it. Let's have let's have civil conversation here. If we ken, we are going to go next to Michael and Attilborough. Michael, you're next door nights.
Speaker 6: I go right ahead, Dan Elaiyah.
Speaker 3: I do regret, Michael.
Speaker 7: I think this thing could have been more perfect. I thought it was great. I thought that Trump is a little subdued.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: I wanted to put out a couple of things I was on the Yahoo page. I thought it was a more civil page. Yahoknews, every single lot of them when you go down the left and scroll down with something against Trump, you know. But anyway, anyway, this is earlier in the day, earlier yesterday. But I don't think he should. I think the bucks starts here. At some point. He's got to not pardon, you know, not the thing we are automatically part pardoning people because it just it breaks down our criminal system. That The other thing is they must have let Banfield out on purpose, so it would be another thing to make people go, oh now I'm letting this guy out.
Speaker 3: As I understand that Bannon was sentenced for his criminal contempt of Congress, he served his time, and it just so happened that his time came up a week before the election.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Okay.
Speaker 8: The other thing I wanted to point out is when when Biden gave over the torch about a week after that, it was a news thing, and I kind of I think it kind of got slipped through that Biden.
Speaker 7: Said if Trump won, he was going to go to the inauguration. So I think this was a thing where Biden didn't want to do this. He did not want to do this, and it's like, you know, you get an older.
Speaker 3: I think Biden is on record I think you're correct. Biden is on record is saying he will attend the inauguration, and that is what other presidents have done. Uh and uh And as a matter of fact, President Obama welcomed Trump to the White House, and I think, look, there was some really nasty talk going back here, you know, garbage and deplorables and uh, you know, and and fascist and Hitler, and these guys got to kind of chill it out here a little bit, okay, I mean both sides, both sides. And if if by by Biden inviting Trump to the White House and they get to shake hands and sit down for five minutes and cool the temperature a little bit, there's no harm done there. And I say, Biden, you know, Biden, Biden could be pretty bitter right now. He's probably is more bitter at Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer than he is at Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You want to speaker puote again? What? Yeah, Michael, I gotta I gotta run here, okay, because speakerphone is not a good thing for us. I will talk to you to.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: No problem, No problem, will be okay next time. Okay, thank you much. Let's keep rolling. You're gonna go to Doug, who's in Raleigh, Massachusetts, not Raleigh, North Carolina, Rowley, Massachusetts. Doug, welcome next on night Side.
Speaker 2: I am correcting you. Oh great one and voice.
Speaker 3: You you go right ahead. I had to do a perfect talk shows. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'm in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Brother, you are okay, Well, I'll tell you what. We have a community here called Rowley, which is spelled r O W l e Y Raleigh, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Rob.
Speaker 3: Put it up man, Raleigh, North Carolina. Rob is spelled r A l e I g H Comma n C. So Doug, welcome in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Now, look, you had some flood pressure moments before, so take ninety seconds off. Let me take it from here. I want to talk to you quickly about your comments on network television news that you made about forty five minutes ago. I agree with you wholehearted me. I just wish once I could call and disagree with the Voice of Reason. But when they aren't doing double coverage, as you know, you and I both came from the same background of TV and radio, when these networks are doing campaign double coverage. It seems to me if I wasn't watching all the time, they go Harris reporter first. Every time I'd glorifies, he glorifies the report with lovely, stunning soundtimes camera, and then I go to the reporter covering Trump, and all of a sudden, a lot of the negative or bad stuff gets cut into those pieces. Well it's selective editing, okay, but the average viewer is not going to recognize or know what we know. But you know, I keep going back to the eighties and nineties when I was on in New York and then when I was a news director of two ABC affiliated stations. We never had any of this. I mean, oh, I was asleep at the switch. But I don't recall. I studied under some great reporters and they said every guilty, they'll proven innocent, and that's basically how we went about our business. But Dan, this strategies, all of their rehearsals didn't work because look what happened last night.
Speaker 3: I got to tell you this. I think ABC News between the debate that David Muir conducted along with his associate I forget her name for a moment, Uh, they were way, way over the top. I thought they it was. It was as biased as you could find. And there's a mindset there. There's just a mindset with ABC News. I actually got tired of watching CBS at six thirty at nine and decided to watch ABC. I'm now switching over to Lester Hold on NBC. I'm trying to find a newscast that has some objectivity. That's what newscasts are supposed to have. I don't have to be objective as a commentator, but I try like hell to give as many points of view on this program as possible. I even allow people like my friend Theodore to call in for Baltimore all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm gonna get Rob for that. That that cut down on my time. That guy, no, no, no, no, he had a bed.
Speaker 3: But now, at least next time you tell him, tell him it was Raleigh, North Carolina. And we do. By the way, I have a town i'm here called called Rowley w R O W L E Y.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Where is that near?
Speaker 3: It's north of Boston. It's up up sort of as halfway from Boston up to New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: Right off, I should know that my first my first wife was from Lawrence. I should be familiar with that. All right, Pretty, that's another story for another night.
Speaker 3: You got it, Doug. Always great deal your voice my friend. Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dan, take care, bye, talk.
Speaker 3: Soon, bye bye. I get great listeners all over the country. Jack is down in the Cape, Jack on Cape Caught, Hey Jack, next on Nightside, go right ahead.
Speaker 10: Hey Dan. So I mentioned before, I mean this whole exercise is the highest level of bread and circus, you know, because of the effects that it has on our on our living and life systems that we experience on Earth. It's one thing to watch bredon circus, whether it's a football team's playing it out. But I'm really concerned.
Speaker 3: The consulty, which is Jack. Let me ask you. I know what you mean when you say bread and circus. Okay, I get that, But give me how you apply bread and circus to a pretty hard fought fought presidential campaign.
Speaker 10: It's all it's all media. It's it's all media driven. It's not addressing. It's not it's not addressing, Okay. I'm more interested in the in the level, the operational level, not the presentational level, the operational level of the problems that we're we're confronted with here in society, in local, regional, national, and global.
Speaker 3: An example, give me an example. You're you're a smart guy, I could tell because you've thought this through. Give me an example of operational level. Are you talking about issues? Tell me just to give me a better clarification of what you mean by that. That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 2: Could this addresses the administrative forces that cause change to happen, and we could call we could say change from one perspective is good and another one would say it's bad. But what this really represents.
Speaker 7: Is the.
Speaker 10: In other words, we have all these we have all this this human level of interaction that is so ineffective. It's it's what I'm really getting that.
Speaker 3: Then you can ask you a question, Jack, I want to ask you a serious question. Okay, serious question. Were you a sociology major in college?
Speaker 10: Never went to college? Here's what I wanted to a couple of days.
Speaker 3: No, here's what I want you to do. What I'm trying to understand is you invoke the phrase bread and circus, which brings us back to the Fall of Rome, because the emperors of Rome gave people gladiators in lions at the coliseum, and that was called bread and circus. You kept the people distracted from problems by giving them entertainment. Some people will say to you, look, when people sit home on a Sunday and they're watching football games or they're watching the World Series, it doesn't really affect them. And that's a modern day bread and circus. I don't agree with that. I think that that people do deserve a break and all of that. But when you say operational and you use bread and circus, give me an example of what you mean. Give me a tangible example so I can have a sense of what you're talking about.
Speaker 10: Well, each if we were to apply this to this each candidate, that just uh went up for our thought process so that we could we could choose one or one or the other. Underneath what that really represents is all of the policy h attributions that will go towards administering a resolution. We have to get to resolutions. I mean, allowing these problems to persist is just distracting us from what we really need to do to take care of.
Speaker 3: The business that we that we need to get resolved. I mean, there's a lot of problems.
Speaker 2: Simply simply take the Ukrainian situation, I mean, we have to look at the entirety of the the situation as it occurred through time, not as it occurs today. But we have to observe it as a could through time. And where you.
Speaker 3: Resolve Jack, I'm just trying to work with me. I'm trying to help you. How would you propose that we the US resolve the Ukrainian situation, by which I assume you're meaning Russia's invasion of the Genesqua region and other parts of Ukraine.
Speaker 10: Oh, well, first we let's look at the operator, I mean, Zolensky has to be examined. Who is this guy?
Speaker 2: Who are we doing with he?
Speaker 3: He's the president of Ukraine?
Speaker 10: You know, he's not the president. His his tournament has expired. He's a placeholder.
Speaker 3: And so so what what what of saying? What is you what? I'm trying to get at here, and you're you're giving me words, We're giving me word salad, which which I'm you know, getting frustrated at here. We got to look at Zelensky. What are you talking about? Are we supposed to go in and replace Zelensky? It's not our fight. Ukraine is our proxy in that fight. If you want to disagree with what Biden has done and what the Biden administration has done in terms of sending weapons there. I think Donald Trump is going to probably back off our involvement in Ukraine. I think that was one of the tenants of his.
Speaker 2: Campaign absolutely and agree percent.
Speaker 3: Well that's fine, So you should be happy that on that issue you have now a president elect who will be president on January twentieth.
Speaker 2: Okay, then then will this will last for four years? We're only going to be in twenty years and thirty years that we have to We're looking so way too short in our in our observation and interpretation.
Speaker 3: Again, here's the thing, Jack, Okay, every every response you give me causes me to ask a deeper question. And I just can't do that to the people who are on hold. Because we live in a society. We live in a society in which we elect presidents for four year terms. Okay, So Donald Trump now has four years to improve the economy, stem the flow of illegal immigration, maybe change some of our policy, maybe become less involved in foreign activity around the world. And he gets a report card. Well, he doesn't get a report carret, because he can't stand for reelection. But there will be another election, okay. And that's the way we function in this society. So when you say, Bres, where.
Speaker 2: Do we want to be as a nation? That's my point. Where do we want to be as a nation in twenty years?
Speaker 3: Tell me where It isn't where we want to be, it's where you want to be. You're one person, okay, So tell me where, in thirty seconds or less, where you want us to be as a nation in thirty years from now.
Speaker 10: I would like us to the United States people to take advantage of the wonderful culture and the technology that we live in and apply that because I really feel that the future is going to be run by a very sophisticated intelligence agent, and we need to do to begin to associate and understand what this intelligent agent and how it can affect our future.
Speaker 3: Uh. You know what, I'm going to think about what you just said. Maybe I can figure it out. But that's a words alla, Jack. Next time you call, be a little bit more specific and a little bit more direct than again by invoking phrases like bred and circus or or what you just said. It doesn't mean anything to me. And I will see if maybe someone will say this is what Jack meant. Because I'm just stupid and I don't get it. But I'm at this point. I'm confused, so I gotta I gotta break the news. We've gone eight minutes. I appreciate the effort. We'll talk again. You bet, good night, Here we come, here comes the news. Be back right after that.
Speaker 7: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go. We're gonna go to Brian and andover, Brian and andover Massachusetts. You were next on nice Side Brian.
Speaker 2: Hello, Dan, I'm a first time caller.
Speaker 3: Well welcome. We'll get a Wisney studio audience. We'll give you a spa applause.
Speaker 9: Thank you for the applause. Okay, I'll get right to the point here the question my thoughts on what happened last night. I believe that most working class Americans are experiencing very high anxiety. Their condition is deteriorating, and they feel that most of our leaders on Washington don't care about me. They only care about themselves and you know, serving their Oh, well bought them that give their campaign contributions, which could be called bribes and payoffs. But that's another interpretation.
Speaker 6: You're right.
Speaker 3: I get it. I I I understand what you're saying, and I think you're right. And that's why I think we had what's classically called a change election. M M and I kind of people at the White House. But it also is a change for the Democratic Party. They have to turn around now and say, what the hell just happened to us? And and and Trump now has has been able to basically change the Republican Party. The Republican Party is not your grandfather's Republican Party anymore.
Speaker 9: No, it's it's not the same anyway. I like to make a drive at one and I'll keep this short. I just want to mention World War Two. We look at the nations their condition for World War two, and after World War Two, Germany and Japan destroyed Russia and the mess huge casualties. But look at the United States.
Speaker 2: We were the only nation.
Speaker 9: We were in a depression then we entered World War two. The United States was the only nation that was in a stronger position after the war. And then the US dollar has made the reserve currency of the world a very envious position. And so Americans have been growing and growing, and back then a few decades back only the husband worked, the wise state home took care of the kids. Contrast to today, real incomes have not been growing since the nineteen seventies, Americans have been able to compensate when their wives enter the workforce. Now I know of some they have two or three jobs, and some are maxed out on their credit cards. And look at college student debt. We have a lot of graduating students. No means. All is debt and no means to climate.
Speaker 3: So I get your point. What is your your point? Your point is that that things are tough right now, and that the voters blamed the Biden Harris administration for things being tough, and they want to change.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what they want.
Speaker 9: They don't see a change result. I mean they're feeling the inflation.
Speaker 3: No, no, we got all.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, Brian, all those points. Everyone agrees with you on and and if you're telling me that's what happened last night, I agree with you. There's there's you know, you can mention a million things and and and and the and the Red Sox are horrible too. Right now. They didn't make they might even make the playoffs. So even in you know what I'm saying it's things are tough right now, and Biden Harris were blamed for it last night.
Speaker 9: Yes, their condition. Things did not get better over the past four years. They got worse, and I feel I'm convinced that the most were class Americans like, we don't want another four years of this. They want to change, and they probably feel that Trump is the only hope of getting change.
Speaker 3: How much time do you think President Trump will have once he's in office to do some things that are going to make people say that's the.
Speaker 9: Guy I voted for you to turn things around. I'd say new policies take at least a year and a half two years before we could start feel the effects of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he may have to come up with some policies that are act more quickly than that. Trust me.
Speaker 9: One of the main reasons I voted for him is because he wants to bring some of manufacturing back into the United States. I mean, if you travel to Detroit, once great American city has now become a rotting war zone and other parts of the country are severely hurting.
Speaker 3: Yep, absolutely, Brian. I am up to my break, so I got to let you run. Thank you very much. Are you analysis.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me on board, Dank.
Speaker 3: Forward to your next call. Thank you, sir. I have a great one quick break coming right back on night Side. Now back to Dan Ray live from the window World night Side Studios.
Speaker 2: I'MBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Back we go. If you're on the line, I'm going to get you in. I promise going to start with Jim Jim in Kansas City.
Speaker 4: Jim, go right ahead, Hi Dan, thanks for taking my How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm doing great. Jim. What's your take on what happened in the last twenty four to forty eight hours.
Speaker 11: Oh well, I'm exuberant, but I just would like to push a little bit past that, maybe to God to give me. Well, look, we're always talking about being woke up to new ideas and new feelings. So let me let me try to wake people up to these ideas, these feelings we got right now. Eight we got right now, eight million people up here. Okay, you've been here your whole life. You worked, you went through all the schools, You've got yourself in medicine. You worked as a doctor's assistant for five to save money. You finally took your boards, you got you got your pastors, your your board board licensed position. And now you've got somebody come up here from Ecuador and just based on what they say their credentials are, they hand them a provisional license to practice the same medicine that your practicing. You worked your whole life for the same house, the same house that you a million dollars. They're being handed the same education that your child. They're taking the education from your child and giving it to their child. How does that make you feel? Want you to feeling, feel your feelings. They're taking your Thanksgiving dinner and giving it to them, and instead they give you a tortilla with some bean smeared on it. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Okay, so, so tell me what your point is. I understand that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 11: I want people to wake up and realize these people are up here that they're not up here for fun. They're gunning for your for your house, your car, your kid's education. They want what you have, not they don't want they don't want to create more. They want to take it from you. There's eight million of them up here right now, roaming around taking your stuff. How does that make you?
Speaker 3: You just had an election yesterday and I think people felt that way, So I.
Speaker 11: Think, how does that make you feel?
Speaker 3: How does it make me feel?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that they're up here taking your stuff.
Speaker 3: I am not happy that there were people here whom I mean, come on, well.
Speaker 11: Well, I just would like people to think about it for a minute that the government takes your stuff that you worked your whole life for and hands it to them, and then they hand you something else that you know that maybe they think is okay for you, even though you worked your whole life for it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I hear it. You're all worked up, Jim, and I'm I'm just not going to work me up.
Speaker 11: Well, I want I don't want people to feel, oh well it's over now, it's just starting.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 11: We need to attack, go on the attack and send them back on the attack and send them back.
Speaker 3: See okay, we'll let it go with that. A little late on this call was get to see if people react to what you bought to say, Thank you, Jim, goodnight, Anger Bill and Danvers Bill. Next time nights. I go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Stan, I'm sorry I didn't call earlier. I was tied up and stuff and been in the I was tired because I was up late because I wanted to see how things rolled in. I'm delighted it didn't drag on. I thought he'd make it, but you know, you never know what was going to happen the unknown and uh and a member, I don't buy him. Yeah, And I'm sure you remember, you know, we're spoken a few times and stuff, and i'd say about a year maybe sixteen months ago. You know, I know you always said he could win a primary, and I says, and I had said to you, I says, as time goes on. Obviously, the Biden policies weren't working out when you even when we look at the poll and you look at some of the numbers last night, it wasn't going to get any better from or the administration, and they tried to switch horses to save themselves. It didn't workout. But I'm actually I am a little surprised though with the popular vote that I mean, I mean, that's a tremendous situation, you know, historically too, because we haven't had a Republican rege.
Speaker 3: You were late, but I started the nine o'clock hour tonight by pointing out that in the past I've always said that he has the ability. President Trump, former President Trump, has the ability to win a Republican nomination, but he could not win a general election in a face off head to head with the Democrat. He once again proved me wrong last night. I was correct in twenty twenty. I did not think he could be Joe Biden. I predicted that Joe Biden would win. And Joe Biden did win despite all the protestations. But he went back worked hard at it. The guy, the guy just worked, worked, worked and worked, and he convinced enough Americans to vote for him. And he's the president elect. And I'm saying, now, give him a chance. I have people tonight who don't want to give him a chance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh I know. I mean I've seen him around today and that's it. And the next year is going to be tough, because you know, there's a lot of things to clean up, and you never know what can happen, and there's things out there that are going to happen that you never knew what gonna.
Speaker 3: Happen, happens. The argument of that night should be he should have a chance. He's he's worked hard for it, he's he's earned it. He should have a chance. Thanks Thanks Bill. I got a roll here because I got.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I appreciate it. Dan, have a good night, man.
Speaker 3: I'll early give you more time. You know that. Let me go next to Laurie and Idaho. Laurie, how are you tonight? Idaho?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: That went big?
Speaker 12: We did we did roll red apparently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's that is as red a state as there is.
Speaker 12: Let me if I but it's so bizarre because I'm surrounded by a bunch of people up in the north. I'm in an hour from the Canadian border, and there are a bunch of people who out here we are not very red. But I want to first and foremost say what I said on postgame last night, But thank you, thank you Busy and you're show for the coverage last night. It was amazing and I really enjoyed it, so thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, we'd like to hear every once in a while that people are happy. And uh yeah, I was able to put together I thought a list of eight huge, really interesting guests from different points of view last night, and the news team did a great job and uh it was uh.
Speaker 12: And yeah, so so when you you're your your spots when you were talking, were they all live.
Speaker 11: Or was any of that?
Speaker 3: Everyone earlier always live. I don't do it at all. No, it was all live, and and we had to you know, flow, go with the flow of the night. And you know, early in the night, no one knew anything. And then slowly, but truly, it became increasingly evident that Trump was going to win. But I'm happy that it was done decisively, both at the electoral college level and also at the popular vote level.
Speaker 12: And now, and that's where I'm going to do my little victory dance here, yay, And I'll let it go and we'll we'll, we'll, we'll make nice with everybody else.
Speaker 3: But right now, yay, all right, okay, yeah, I can see the victory dance. Love it. Laurie, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Good night, Dan, thank you, good night.
Speaker 3: Talk soon. Okay, let's go next to last of the night, John and Avera. John, We've got a minute or so for you. Maybe you go right ahead.
Speaker 1: Hi, How you doing good?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 1: So, my, my, my, I think my take of last night, I mean, as you might know, I'm a I'm a Harris fan.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 1: So my take is, or.
Speaker 3: Are you a Harris fan or a Democrat? I'm a Democrat, Okay, I'm a Democratic. Do you think the Democrats made a mistake and throwing by an overboard at this point in retrospect.
Speaker 12: Or, No, no, I don't think it was a mistake.
Speaker 1: But to give to give Harris any fair chance for her to very mockt and market and sell herself in pret one hundred and seven days to the American people and to have the top top dog of the United States.
Speaker 2: Is just not enough. So I don't think she didn't have.
Speaker 3: To get rid of Joe Biden. I mean, how do you think Joe Biden would have won last night? Or do you think Donald Trump would would have beaten anyone under the circumstances.
Speaker 1: I think Donald Trump would have would have beaten anyone on this under the circumstance.
Speaker 2: That's that's my take, And.
Speaker 3: Should have Biden got out earlier. So that should have he said a year ago, Hey, I'm not running for reelection. Let's let the best person win on the Democrat. Did Biden mess it up by staying in as long as he did?
Speaker 6: I think so.
Speaker 1: I think he kind of unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Several times I want to hear what you say, I need to I've finished with my questions.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Okay, yeah, yeah, I think I think Biden didn't make a mistake because I think he sold Harris short on time. Okay, And and now now since Donald Trump has one, I'm gonna get I believe everyone should give him a fair chance because the American people voted to him in a second time. And so let's let's see with the things that he said and promise, let's give him a chance and see if he delivers. Well, that's why I look at it.
Speaker 3: I commend you for that, editor. I wish everyone had that attitude, and we'll have to see how it works out, and hopefully he can succeed and we'll all be better off. And if he doesn't, then the Democrats will come back four years from now even stronger than ever. Yeah, I mean, that's john hate to do this year, but I'm flat out of time. If you call early, we'll give you much more time. But I'm glad we.
Speaker 6: Got it perfect. All right.
Speaker 2: Thank you for thanks. Let's taking my call.
Speaker 3: You're very welcome. Thank you for calling. Okay, we're down for the night. Back tomorrow. I suspect we'll deal with some of this again tomorrow night, probably for the ballast of the week. My name is Dan Ray. This is the Knight's. I want to thank Rob Brooks, want to thank our producer during the day, Marita, and I want to remind you that all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven because that's where my pal Charlie Ray is. That's where all your pets are who were passed. They loved you and you love them and I do believe you're going to see them again. Hope to see again tomorre night on Nightside everyone. I'll be on Facebook Night Side with Dan Ray Live in about two minutes. Love to say you stop by and say hello. Thanks everybody, have a great Thursday. Good night one everyone,