Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm doctor Maria Meyer, anthropologists, primatologist, wildlife correspondent and part of the team on Expedition Bigfoot. I've spent my entire life exploring the planet's wildest, most remote places in search of the extraordinary. And now I'm inviting you to join me. Introducing the Explorer Society, a global community of curious minds, truth seekers, and adventures where we dive into the unknown, from elusive creatures like Bigfoot, to the frontiers of science, nature and unexplained phenomena. Live q and as and roundtable discussions, especial guest interviews including the Expedition Bigfoot team, Dave Schrader, Cliff Berrickman plus Josh Gates, Jack Osborne and many more. On demand streaming content, invites to exclusive events and conferences around the world, Explore Society swag, and even the chance to join us on a real life expedition. Come explore with me. Let's discover what's out there. Joint Explorer Society at Maria Mayor dot com.
Speaker 3: And now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid, my dog, something killed your dog? My dog? We're flying through he or over the tree. I don't know how it did it?
Speaker 4: Okay, damn it.
Speaker 3: I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence.
Speaker 5: One. What are you reportting?
Speaker 3: We got some wond or.
Speaker 1: Something crawling around out here?
Speaker 3: Did you see what it was?
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 3: It was seeing enough. I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside here. Hello, hit the boddy out here? Went on out there? Let's thought of a bitch of about sexty forty nine.
Speaker 2: I don't know easy out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, greetings, this friend Alaska, thanks for joining me. What I wanted to shirt with you today comes from Michael and Courtney. They lived in Idaho. They recently moved to Montana, and they loved the outdoors. They loved it a lot. One of their friends up here. I told them about to Kinnect Glacier and how beautiful it is and there's plenty of hiking and all that. So they did what they had to do to make a trip up here. Their friends, unfortunately, weren't going to be in the state at that time. Because they were going out of state for a vacation and they were here early last June, and so they ended up staying out at the lodge. So being without a tour guide or without anyone you know, locally who really knew the good places to go, they made their own according they did their own things. So right near the lodges Hunter's Creek. Now Hunter's Creek runs south from the Knick River between the glacier and the highway and stuff, and it runs south and it cuts and cars back up in between two mountains. Beautiful country, my goodness. But Hunter's Creek can be pretty rapid river, heavy rainfalls and stuff that could be washed out. It's not for the meet because Michael and Courtney had plenty of experience. It was calm day, it hadn't been raining for about a week, so they jumped on it. They go up Hunter's Creek, they started their journey. It would be to the east side of the creek, going on up through the brush and all that. Now, it was a beautiful day, is how it started out. For the first he said, three hours or so. Because they were doing bushwhacken, they were dealing with mosquitoes, they were doing weird sounds they were hearing, but they assumed it was okay, a bear or some other Alaskan wildlife was sensing them, winding them whatever and clearing out. So far, so good. They had some bare spray, They had a single small two man tent, and they had their survival stuff as they call it, as far as freeze, dried meals, little bunsen burner type, sturrough stove whatever. They were ready to potentially spend a night out there, and they were really feeling great. It was awesome. And once they get back to the point of the creek, there's a split the vak. It looks like it continues on up, but it's very short distance. But Hunter's Creek banks off when you're facing south and banks off to the left and carves back up through. There's a lot of gravel and stuff in through there. Again, it wasn't for the meek. They were really earning this, you know what I mean, the brushes, dance, dealing with the mosquitoes, breaking trail a lot. The game trails seem to go uphill versus they were trying to skirt around, and there was a few in there, but it was really really hard going for him. It took time. Once they got to that split where it continued straight, but it hooks off to the left there, the weather started changing that opportunity at that point. According to what Michael was saying, that Courtney was like, Yeah, let's just do it. We got our rein gear stuff, we got everything we need. We're here. We may not get a chance to come back, we may get caught up doing other stuff. So they decide, Okay, we're gonna go on up. We're gonna get back up in between these mountains and just exist there and feel the energy and do what they wanted to do. Now, once they make that turn, weather comes in on them pretty fast, and that's how it happens here in Alaska. Started raining. The ceiling just came down on them to where they're pretty much socked in. Imagine just a drizzly rain that's essentially like a fog, and that's what it is when the clouds touch the ground. They continued on. They would stop every once in a while because they were hearing noises off in the distance, but being new to Alaska, they were reasoning it away, it's this sound. It must be this, and I hear this animal makes this noise, and so they're explaining in a way amongst each other. They freely admit they were doing that to not freak themselves out because they knew nothing, really, and they feel foolish, trust me, they feel very foolish for just tearing out like that with just some bear spray, because their friends offered them a firearm for while they were here, and they turned it down they saw no need. Michael was like, I'm not a hunter, I don't care for guns per se. I won't need it. We have bear spray, and we're not going to be doing anything too crazy out here. At least that's their initial thoughts. They get back up in there, they keep going. Hats off to them for being adventurous, I get it. But they kept going even when there were certain things happening around them that maybe they should have just stopped where they were and let it go or whatever. But they make their way up and they are on the what would be the north side of Hunter's Creek, up against where the gravel meets the brush, and that's where they decided to hunker down under some alders and willows overhanging the bank because the way the raindom stuff is raising the level of creek, not enough to be danger to them because it was still multiple feet away. They weren't in the immediate danger of getting washed out, but things were changing, So Michael said, they set up their little two man tent. It was just so drizzling and wet. Everything was soaked. What they wanted to do was start a fire or at least use their stove to start drying out some of their clothes. They were having a hard go of it at first. They didn't want that sternal burner or whatever inside the tent because the co two and potentially catching the thing on fire. Right, So they were trying to figure out a nice meetum. So they took the rain fly and extended it. Instead of clipping it to the little dumb tint they had, they clipped it up onto some brush to where they had a little bit of an overhang to make a makeshift little clothesline deal to start drying out some of their clothes with this little burner in the meantime, heat up some instant coffee. Now, according to Courtney, she was sitting there and she was just hanging up some socks or something along those lines and trying to make a mcgui for a little spot to hang it to where it would dry and actually catch some of the heat and not just be wasting time. So as she's doing this, she hears a whistle, and she said the whistle was so loud. It was sharp, crisp, very short. She said, it sounded like someone was in her ear doing it, just real loud, real fast. It happened real quickly, and it was coming from the opposite side of the brush where they were pushed right up on. So the opening of the tent, the little dump tin is facing the bank where the brush is hanging down, and they got the little fly ties off to the branches, you know what I mean. She was startled because she was turned basically, her left shoulder was towards the opening of the tent and her right shoulder was facing the tree, so it was right in her right ear. She said, it sounded like it whistled right in her ear, and it startled her and she stumbled back. Mike let this point was digging out some stuff in his pack inside the dump tent of trying to repack some things and find some stuff, some dry clothes and whatnot, and she was startled so badly she flopped into the tent and it startled him, and he was like, what the hell because he did not hear the whistle. He had been sitting there listening for all the different sounds. He was the first one to pick up on it. So Courtney found it very odd that he didn't hear what she just heard, because it startled her enough to put her into the tent, just from the jolt of the shock. She's like, how could you not hear that? Instead of arguing, he was like, he put up his hand, like, hold on, let's be quite a second. And so they're sitting there and it happened again, and on the second one, Michael heard it same identical whistle. According to what Courtney said, it was very sharp, crisp and short, just one note, very sharp. They both look at each other, whoa And he was like whispering to her, I don't know how I missed the first one. That's crazy that I didn't hear that first one. That is loud, he said. Acoustically, you could feel the whistle, even though it was short and sharp, you felt it. There was a concussiveness to it. They sat there for a minute, looking out the opening of this dome tent into the brush. It's daytime. What's the land of the midnight sun? That time of year, Grantua wasn't solstice yet, so they had many hours before it got dark. But it wasn't gonna get like pitch black dark, right. So as they're sitting there trying to assess what's happening, they start hearing movement in the brush. Michael already had the bear spray ready to go. They had a small canister and a big canister, and from the sounds he was hearing, he grabbed the big canister and told her to stay inside, even though it's a little domb tint. He said. He felt foolish telling her to stay there, like somehow she was safer in this dumb tint, even though there's nothing too. It's this thin piece of nylon he gets out. He's in the process of getting on his raincoat again, to walk out and examine the brush and see what's potentially making this noise and if it's a bear scared off, mace it whatever. As he's doing so, they heard the whistle again now, he said, just as he was just fixing the arm of his raincoat to get it on and flip the hood up as so as the hood was up, that's when the third whistle happened, and the brush started shaking real violently. And it wasn't just one branch, he said. It seemed like the whole brush in front of him was a lie, just shaking back and forth. He said, a lot of the leaves were still sprouting and coming in. It was very dense though he had a field of view, but it was obscured by the sheer density of all the small plants and stuff because they were just blooming some of them. Some of them had been bloomed to the leaves and everything. It was a very surreal moment for him because he couldn't see anything, but yet everything seemed to be moving in front of him, jostling back and forth. Of course, with all the water falling. He hears Courtney's squeal. Now he's ten fifteen feet away. She's literally right off his right hand side. He turns to look at her, and she's looking back at him, mouthing quietly, get back in here, get back, come back. So he takes a few steps because he's weirded out. This shouldn't be happening. All this brush is it's just shaken like crazy. He goes back over to him. Squat's down and he's holding that bear's brain. He's shaking real hard. He still got the little safety tab on there and all that. He wasn't ready plain and simple and those were his words too. Now he leans down to Courtney and she said, it's over there. It's over there. He was like, is it a bear? Is it a bear of moose? And she just shook her head. She kept shaking her head. Now. When I asked Courtney about this particular moment, she said she didn't know what she saw. She said it looked like a man, but not a man. It looked like a mountain man, but not really, because the skin color was different, the eyes were different. It had a very wide jaw, she said. Essentially, when Michael stood up and was standing over and fixing his coat, that whistle happened. It caught her attention just as the brush started coming alive. She said she saw this thing looking at her through a small little opening in all the brush. She said, about twelve feet away, looking at her. When she looked at it, fairly typical. It was like a very tan colored skin, like a buckskin. Heavy wrinkles, black eyes. There was no whites to the eyes. They just looked beady and black, whit set, jaw, pursed lips. It didn't show its teeth or anything like that, and she couldn't make out ears. She said the head was conical, but not really. It was human shape basically, but much larger looking at her. She said, once she made eye contact with it, that's when it was like prone on the ground almost because from her vantage point, she's looking up at the bank, and there's a couple of feet difference between where the gravel of their tent is at and the bank in the trees. Right, she's looking up basically up at this thing, and she said it almost looked like it was doing a push up when it whistled. Then it rolled itself back almost out of her view and started grabbed a couple of those bands to start shaking everything right, And because their tent flies were tied to this tree, the whole tent was shaking as well. Now as they're assessing what the hell, and she's explaining what I just explained to you to Michael. Michael's trying to fumble with the little safety, little pull off thing for his bear spray. He trusts Courtney, so when she said that's what she saw, he held it. He was like, okay, that's what you saw. He was confused by it, but he wasn't going to doubt her because it was obvious she saw something. Even if he wasn't sure if she knew what she saw, he knew that she was freaked out. So he pops that safety off of there. As he does, he shake him pretty hard, he said. He stepped back away from under where they had that rain fly tied off so he could stand up and try to get a better vantage point. So what he did was he wasn't sure how well the bear spray was going to work, so he shakes the canister. He turns away from the tent facing towards the creek facing south, and gives it a little burst. Stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages. So happens that the wind was blowing towards him a little more than he had realized when he did that, So the main blast went out, but the smaller particulates that kind of bloomed off of that initial spray made their way back to him. And also Courtney. When that happened, they both start hacking. So now they got a different dilemma. They're trying to catch that breath. They just got o seed, and so they're hacking. They're like, holy crap, that stuff's powerful. And so during this little discussion about how bad it is, Courtney starts looking for these baby wipes that they bring for bathroom use or just a bird baths or whatever when you're out in the field. I use it myself too. They come in handy for real. She's looking for the wipes. And he squatted back down, talking or and he set the canister down. He said, when he set the canister down, he heard a grunt in the runt sounded like it was coming directly from behind the tent, so it startled him. He grabbed the canister again, stood up, got out, made his way out from underneath that rain fly, and stood up to look over the backside of the tent, and he saw nothing. So he walked around the tent, looking back towards the bank, trying to make out if there was anything. He's just not seen because of his vantage pointing his perspective. But there's nothing in his line of sight. He said. He comes back around and squat's down, tells Courtney, I feel like we are being stalked. Courtney says the same thing. They agree that they do not want to stay there. They don't know what to do because whatever's making the noise out in front of him is still there. It's not a constant of rustling and noise making, but it's happening often enough. They know whatever it is right over there in that general area. Courtney said. She told Michael, let's go, let's grab our packs. The tent was separate all that kind of stuff. They're a little stove, they're wet, clothes were good without it. She alre had already put the lid on little sternal type burning She had already put the lid on it to shut it off or whatever. And she tells him, let's go, let's back out of here. We can retrieve the stuff or replace it. Either way. I don't want to be here. Michael agrees. Now at this point in time, as they gathering their stuff, Courtney was one gathering the stuff, because remember Michael was unpacking some stuff out of his pack looking for dry clothes, so Courtney's stuff what she wanted to stuff in there and zipped it up for him and got her own stuff. Slides the backpack over to Michael, who's standing watch holding this bear spray, hoping that he doesn't have to use it. Fortunately for him, they were facing the right direction because he said the wind was at our back at this point, because it was coming from the south blowing down. For the most part, it was blowing away from them in the direction they were looking. Once his pack was slid over to him, he squatted down, got it on, kept an eye out. He was hyper paranoid at this point, and he said he stood back up holding the canister, and he noticed brown movement about twenty feet or so, because from his vantage point looking up a little bit of a rise on the bank and stuff with the brush, he was guessing it was about twenty feet. So he figured, you know what, I have nothing to lose at this point. You know, this bear spray is supposed to have a fifteen twenty foot dispersion when it shoots out, So he points it up in that direction and lets it go. He didn't empty the whole can or anything. He just sent a nice cloud that direction. A courtney at this time, she said she was just standing up and getting her back fitted and connected in the front. When he let that bear spray burst go. As soon as he let it go, and it drifted back in through the little undergrowth and all that stuff, he said, the whole place lit up with activity. He couldn't make out what was going on, and all he could see was little blips of hair or whatever it was. He couldn't really make out because it was just it was so fast and so broken and startling to him. But there was a lot of movement going on back there, and then they heard some whoops. They heard four consecutive whoops. They said. It almost sounded like a distress call kind of deal, right, So that really freaked them out. Michael grabs her arm and starts leading her back down Hunter's Creek. When they start getting a little bit of a distance between the tin and where they were standing and where they happened to be, they stopped and they were listening, because again after the whoops, it pretty much went quite except for the sound of the rustling of the brush. From what Michael said, all of a sudden he heard stomping, bipedal stomping coming down the riverbank just inside the brush. Their direction, and that's when he turned, held her hand and they took off running. Now understand, this isn't all just fine gravel. There's bigger boulders, smaller boulders. They very in size. It's raining, it's misty as hell. It's pretty much like a fog, a rain fog, and they're trying to retreat as fast as they can, listening to the sound off to their right as they're going, because it had caught up to him and was starting to pass them, Michael said, for whatever reason, he stopped. Courtney smacked into him and they both stumbled and Michael fell down, he said, as he was getting back up, because this is all happeneding real fast, he said, he jumped right back up, but then fell right back down because he had hurt his knee and didn't realize how bad it was until he tried to put pressure on it again. So he went to the ground again, and he said he was looking up at Courtney. Oh crap, this pretty bad. I can't put weight on it. They're having this little discussion because at this point, understand, the bank is a little taller, and so whatever is making that noise is definitely out of sight. But they can't make out exactly what it's doing or where it's at because the elevation changes are coming down the creek. Where they were with the tint, there was just maybe a couple feet difference between the actual bank and the gravel, and when they were coming back down that distance grew. It was about four foot of bank. They were having a harder time making out what was going on back there. So he's standing there hurting. He's trying to bend his knee and get it to where it won't give out on him. Once he reached a point to where he could hobble, he said, twenty minutes must have passed. The noise got dead silent. Once it was silent over where they had heard the noise paralleling them out, they heard noise back up towards the direction of the tent, and at this point they had gone enough distance to where the tint they could make it out. But there was something over by the tent, but with the mist and the way it was, it was really hard to see. Their tent was neon green. The fly was black, so it stood out. The rain fly had neon green riding on it or whatever for whatever manufacturer, but the tint was bright and they could make it out, but barely with how dense that cloud was on him. They said they saw something dark moving in the mist, and it looked like it was going back and forth around their tent as they're trying to figure out what the hell to do. So at that point, they said, they turned back around and Mike did his best, hobbling as best he could. They backtracked to where they trail marked the path they took to drop down onto the gravel part of Hunter's Creek. When they were gutting through all that brush and stuff, they tied some trail markers to so when they were on their way back out of there, they knew, oh, that's our trail, and they basically had trail broken there already. So they reached that point, and when they did, he was having a hard time getting up the bank, so he was trying to turn and shimmy himself up because his knee was really hurting back. He's still having issues with it to this day. He's getting himself up and Courtney's already up top there. She's holding the bear spray at this point, and he keeps looking. He can't stop looking back up the creek. He's freaking, he said, he sent something ominous was coming because everything was getting more and more dense with the fog and stuff. It was just adding to the terror. And I asked him, I was like, what kind of feeling were you truly? Were you just freaked out and like you would basically let that amplify because you were freaked out, or was it something that felt projected with the fear part? And he said no, the thing that stood out to him the most was in those moments he was scared, but he felt there was a weird kind of curiosity thing going on. And he said he doesn't know where he got that idea. Even though he was in fear, he felt like whatever was happening was this weird curiosity thing. He couldn't really flesh it out. It was just something that he felt at that time. As he was getting up on the bank, just as he got himself squared and was about to stand up, they heard some more whoops and it sounded like it was coming right back from where their tent was, and so they stood there a minute trying to figure it out. Right now, they had their phones, they had cameras and all that stuff. But because of the rain and stuff, they had everything stowed away in their backpacks. So Courtney's, hey, let's get out one of our phones. Let's record some of this so we have some kind of record of it. And so Michael's yeah, go ahead, and so he's letting her dig in his pack to get his phone out and power it up and all that to start recording some of this stuff. Because the noises that started after the whoops they heard were just they said, god awful, like initially like some hyenas cackling. Some of it just sounded like stuff they ain't never heard before. They couldn't even imitate it. It was just weird vocalizations, right. So she's trying to power up his phone and it's just not turning on, even though it was fully charged when they put it in the pack. So he goes, turn around, let's use yours. For whatever reason, mine must be dead. I'll dig yours out and we'll use your phone to record. So they do that same result, the phone was dead. They said screw this. They started going They wanted to try to capture some of it, but they just the devices weren't working, you know what I mean. And so they continued on, and he said for about an hour they had heard movement behind them periodically that would make them stop, turn around, look, point to bear, spray, nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing, so they would continue on. And he said it was only for about the first hour and then all that stopped. And then a little while later they started hearing different noises, but they could tell, oh, that must have been in the ground, squirrel or what have you, because it wasn't as big, it wasn't making as much noise or whatever. And as they made their way back down Hunter's Creek, little by little, as they got out of that area, they said they felt lighter, their spirits felt less ominous, less oppressive kind of feeling like they're in imminent danger. And they got out of there without any further anything. The one thing, though, is as soon as they were almost back down to the road that leads to the lodge there, the Kinick River Lodge, which is Kinick River Road, just as they were getting ready to get out there, right near the road, they heard a long drawn out kind of scream come from back up around the corner where their campsite was. And that was it, And so I asked him, I was like, did you ever go back for your stuff? He said no, he didn't have day. He was like, no, we didn't go back. They had a high end tent, they had high end clothing and all that. He was like, it could have all that stuff we left could have been worth close to six hundred bucks. I didn't care. He was like, I wasn't going back there. This happened just the first few days of their trip up here, and they were going to be here a couple of weeks. They ended up going to Anchorage. The cost of the lodge was a bit much, and it was like less than half to stay in a place in Anchorage and didn't have a rental car. They said they basically just played tourists around anchors rest of their trip. They felt totally uncomfortable. They tried mc cre they tried Bird Point, and they said anytime they would get where there wasn't much infrastructure around them, they would just get nervous and stuff. I want to thank them for sharing. They've been in contact with me for gosh, we lost contact for a little bit just due to life circumstances. But they initially shared this with me a few months after it had happened, So it had to have been August of last year or so that they initially reached out. We talked a little bit. I told him I get back a hold of them, and then that didn't pan out, and then they were able to get back a hold of me, and I was able to get the finer details of what happened. Courtney said that when she had eye contact with this thing, she said that it felt very strange. She said that it was weird to feel drawn to a monster that she was seeing, because in those moments when she made eye contact, after that whistle and stuff, before the breast start shaking, she said she felt like she wanted to stand up and go that direction. I asked, I said, I have reports of trance like feelings, and she said that's exactly what it was. She said she was almost in a trance when she was feeling this, because inside she was like, well no, but like her motions were almost like she had to stop herself, what the hell. So that's another intriguing thing. Grant you. It could have been curiosity, because in all honesty, if they were truly aggressive, we wouldn't have heard from him. Everything seemed to be a curiosity thing. They left so things stopped. But again, thank you Michael and Courtney for sharing that I wanted to share with you today. Comes from Donovan Donovan's at the Basket. He didn't want to rebuild. The village just occurred in this comes from nineteen seventy eight. Donovan was twelve. Donovan had two younger sisters. His mom, because he was older, would have him do a lot of chores when his dad was away, and his dad would too, It's just how it was, so him being the eldest, he would be responsible for doing after dinner dishes, tending to his sisters, make sure the homework's done, just stuff like that. This happened in the spring of seventy eight, and it built up over time. So what initially happened was is one of the nights it was around March nineteen seventy eight, he was doing the dishes as he normally did. He would make a habit of cracking the window with the hot steam so it didn't fog up the window. Because he said, for a long time, every time he would be doing the dishes and it had had that mirrored effect, he would always feel like he was being watched, and when it got steamy. He felt like it got even worse. So he had the intuition to know that he was being watched, but didn't understand why. This particular evening, it was dusk, and it so happened. He was there doing the dishes. He was almost done, and he noticed a shadow moving in the trees just twenty five feet from the back window. There and stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see we'll be right back after these messages or the kitchen window. So what he ended up doing was like he thought he was seeing things. Initially opened the window, he looked a little more and didn't see any more movement, no more shadows. Closed it back up with just a gap, did the dishes and whatnot. He noticed it reoccurring for he said, about three or four times. It so happened that it was about oh, a week or two later he was doing the dishes and he had that window cracked. He did him later than he normally would. Some things came up right after dinner. He had to go do something, help a neighbor or whatever. But when he came back, he still had to get the dishes done before he went to bed. So his mom and sisters were in the living room. Now. He was standing there at the sink doing the dishes. He was just finishing up, and he had been noticing movement out of his peripherals, but he just chalked it up to that mirrored effect because the light on above him and it being dark outside. He ignored it because for weeks he had thought he'd been seeing shadows and this and that. So he he was just doing his thing, even though he felt uncomfortable. He was just finishing up and he reaches over to shut off the hot water, and all of a sudden, that window flies open and something tries to grab him right, so he jerks real fast, and he flings himself back against the other cabinets across the kitchen and he slams into it because he fell down right just jumping back, breaks the cabinet doors, makes a huge Ruckus screams out loud. The thing took off. All he saw was a hand trying to grab his and he said it was real hairy up to the wrist handle was really big. He also noticed the thumb was offset down a little further than ours. Is massive hand. He said it looked like a catcher's glove, so he's freaking out. He runs out of the kitchen. His mom's up in arms, like, what the hell, What the hell? He tells her what's happened. She looks in the kitchen, sees the window wide open, runs over shuts it. They'll kind of scurry back into his parents' bedroom. His dad wasn't there. His dad was at work. Now his dad worked out of town. Right, So after that happened, everyone was nervous at dusk because they didn't know what the hell was going on. So they talked to some family, some friends. One of the other neighbors said that he had noticed the shadow in the woods as well and just chalked it up to it being someone from the village just passing through or whatnot. Thought nothing of it until this instance. And then they started talking and his auntie who lived right across the street from them, like literally straight across the street, a little gravel road or whatever. A few nights after that had happened, his little sisters were supposed to be going across to his aunt's house to do something. There was something cousin's birthday or something, so it was his responsibility to take them. It wasn't overly dark or anything like that. It was just he was real nervous about what had happened. So he didn't sleep good for a couple of nights. After the thing tried to grab his hand, he said that just a little bit of the grasp that happened just as he was pulling his hand away. He could tell it was very strong. I asked him. I was like, what were you feeling? And he said he felt like it was trying to snatch him. What other impression could you get when the thing reaches in tries to snatch it, it is what it is, right, So he has to walk his sisters across, and he was saying that he was intentionally dragging his feet. He had his boots, but he was saying he couldn't find his one boot. And finally his mom said, fine, I'll do it, grumped at him, and then she took him across the way. She comes back. She brought her brother in law, Donovan's uncle, So he has a talk with Donovan about, hey, you can't be scared of stuff and this and that, and Donovan's hey, this is what happened. This thing's out there. The uncle tried to reassure him like, Hey, sometimes weird things happen we're out in the bush. Just don't focus on it, otherwise you might unintentionally draw it in. Ganovan wasn't really feeling that because he was just doing dishes and all of a sudden things tried to grab him. As a kid, he wasn't putting it together. His uncle was trying to calm him down and reassure him, but at the same note, he wasn't really giving any reassuring things other than don't dwell on it. There was nothing tangible. Donovan felt that he could get from his uncle's advice because his uncle wasn't the one that was attempted to be grabbed, so it was a struggle for him for a little bit. His dad rotates home because his dad happened to have a job. They were doing something up working on the pipeline as that was getting put in and whatnot. His dad was at a pump station or welding somewhere near a pump station. But anyway, so he gets home on his time off. His mom explains what's going on, and his dad comes and talks to him and says, hey, what happened. He tells him everything I saw the shadow. Neighbors saw the shadow. He tried to grab me. Dad, that was really concerned because Donovan had never been out of line. He was always a good kid, listened, never made up stories, nothing like that. And for his dad seeing the broken cabinet doors and how much effort his son was making and retreating and smacked into him like that and just concaved him in, he realized that it was something serious. Right, his dad said he'll be back and went and talked to some of the elders and some of the other people to figure out has anyone else seen this hairy man around? So when his dad came home, he immediately went into the gun cabinet in the room. His mom always had a pistol in the drawer, like at three fifty seven, just in case for bears or whatever. So his dad got out his selection of rifles right had one in the kitchen went next to the front room door, and a rifle available in his bedroom with his wife because he always kept it locked because all the kids knew gun safety. But it was just keeping the honest people honest. So his dad has to leave. His dad's next trip though, was going to be about a month because he was going commercial salmon fishing, and so he had a discussion with Donovan about what to do if this thing came back right just to go away a couple other things. It was nothing really that he could work with because being a kid, he really didn't grasp some of the concepts about prayer and whatnot. But his dad told him, but you say a prayer, this thing should leave. He left it at that, with firearms ready readily available. As it worked out, his dad went fishing, and about two weeks after he was gone, things had calmed down and the schedule was back in order. Donovan was doing the dishes that night, tending new sisters. He had calmed down quite a bit because there was no activity going on. And this one day he was on his way back from a friend's house and they were passing a neighbor a few houses down who was keeping fish guts in the back of his pickup truck before he took it to the dump, right, and so he left him in there overnight, and they had assumed a bear got in there. The buckets weren't thrashed, the buckets were just empty, but it stunk, and the people who were standing around the truck as they were walking past, they were saying, oh, it must have been a bear. It stinks smells like a bear or whatever. And he heard that in passing and just thought it was real weird because he had seen what bears did with their buckets when they forgot him, and they were torn up, drug around and there was virtually not a big mess. They were just empty, and so he thought that was weird and it stuck out in his mind. And so a couple of nights after that, when he was doing his thing is washing the dishes again he noticed out the window, and again weeks had passed away, it's staying light out. But he noticed because the sun set directly in front of that window most of the year, whatever that was due west out the window, he was used to the sun being down low on the horizon or just behind the mountains that were off in the distance. He noticed the shadow again moving, and this time the way it was moving was like it was he said, it looked like it was darting back and forth. The way, just the motions it was making freaked him out. It wasn't right up on the house or anything, but it freaked him out. So he runs to the end of the counter and grabs a rifle and opens that window. And he said, as soon as he opened that window, as he was going to lift the rifle to look through the scope to see if he could give a better look, he heard a scream. He said it sounded like it was right outside the window, but he didn't see anything. He said that it was like a bullhorn, just screaming in his face almost. He said, it really jarred him good, it jarred his mom, really terrorized his little sisters. In moments, they were all retreated back into mom and dad's bedroom. He had left that window open. Quiz. The scream happened and they all scurried out of there. As they were sitting in the room, his mom's be quiet, She's watched the window. She was listening by the bedroom door, and they could all hear banging and clanging in the kitchen. So she thought this thing was attempting to or was in the house right, So she was like, oh hell no, she storms out. Donovan was right behind her. He told his little sisters to stay in that room. They come around the corner into the kitchen and this thing had reached into the window, grabbed one of the cabinets that had the frying pans and stuff in it, just off to the right of the sink, and had pulled it down onto the counter, and the hand was reaching around in there, clanging and clanging, And Donvah said, when he came around and saw what was happening, this thing's face was just out of view of his mom's line of sight. His mom was standing in front of him and off to the right a little bit next to the fridge. And when he came around, he could see this thing looking at his mom as it had his hand in the window, messing with this cupboard that had torn down. Right, his mom preaked, leveled the gun at the window and fired. By that point, the arm was already back out the window, half drugged, the cabinet into the window frame, broke one of the window panes, and basically it was gone, but she had fired out that window. Now, Donovan said, when he was standing there, he was startled how quickly it went from this strange hand reaching into this busted up cupboard to how quickly it tried to rip that cabinet out. Because of what happened to it when it was trying to grab his hand, it really hit home just how freaking how close it came to something really bad happening. As his mom is calming down, they hear the gun shot across the street where his aunt lives an uncle, and his uncle was there, like right now. He had his gun with them, but he's yelling, what the hell, what the hell, And his mom was freaked out and was trying to convey what she was dealing with, and Donovan said, it was a hairy man. It tried to get me, and it tried to grab the cabinet there and trying to break and he saw it was evident that no one was lying to him. So immediately, you guys get back in the room. Gives me a chill thinking about it. So they're going back to his parents' bedroom because the uncle was standing there and making sure they went, and he's looking around. Some of the other curtains were opened that time of year. It wasn't really dark out, but it was dark in the trees, and so he's looking out the windows because all this had just happened. So when him and his mom go in the room, his sisters are pointing at their parents' window right his mom raising the rifle like that all of a sudden, the whole place shook. Something smacked the outside, and then they heard this weird noise and they felt the ground shake a little bit, and the uncle was outside in a heartbeat. Once that bam happened right when he runs outside from the opposite side of their front door, their windbreak area. They heard the uncle go out the door, but from the opposite side of the house. As soon as the door was shut, they heard a scream that reverberated through everything. Right immediately, the uncle was right back in the house. He went back there to check on them and said, hey, you guys all come over to my house with me. They gathered up. His mom was still holding the rifle and Donovan still had the rifle, and they followed him across just across the gravel driveway basically to their house. After of course, making sure everything was secure at Donovan's Prayer's house, doors were locked and whatnot, they retreat over there, and they ended up staying over there. His mom would go back and forth to gathering supplies or whatever. When Donovan's dad got home, he was really freaked out because the cabinets tore down, the window's partially broken he's hearing this craziness from his family, and he's being hard on himself because he wasn't there. But what can you do. So what ended up happening is Donovan's dad, his uncle, and some of their friends they went out trying to finding right, trying to see tracks or whatever and scare it off, try to do something because it was evident that it was interested in children, and that really freaked out everybody around. So everything went calm. Everything went quiet for a very long time on into the fall after fishings, and so it was like about a month and a half everything was this calm. Things got back to normal again. He said. It was about mid September. They had just gotten back in this growing to school and whatnot. They had come home, his dad was stressed out. It was at the kitchen table as he was asking his dad if he was okay. His dad said, yeah, just be quiet, I'm thinking about some stuff. Donovan found out later later on that evening that his dad was out back busting up wood near the tree line where he had initially seen the shadows moving, and his dad told him that as he was busting the logs, it would make that chopping noise when you're splitting wood. He hit one of the birch stumps to split it, and it split, and it had a very distinctive kind of snap kind of sound to it. And he heard an identical snap, like an imitation just inside the trees. That drew his attention, and he looked up and he said this thing was squatted down. It was hard to see behind some undergrowth, but it was looking at him over the brush, and this was in broad daylight, right and it freaked him out. He was like, what the hell. He flung the splitting mall in that direction. The thing took off. He ran inside, yelled as he was running out the door, telling Donovan's mom to go get brother in law to follow him, and so the two of them took off, went out back through the trees, chased this thing. According to what Donovan said, his dad said, it was a few hundred yards once it cleared the tree line into this marshy kind of area, and they saw it out in the open. It was looking back at them, and they just opened fired at it, just shot at it. They believed they hit it, but the thing just stumbled around a little bit and then took off running and just kept running and running. That's what his dad was so stressed out about. Now move forward a couple of weeks, nothing has happened. His dad ended up having to go down to the States to tend to some stuff with one of the family members or something. Donovan doesn't exactly remember exactly what it was, but it was something to do with the cousin and there was some issues with just some family stuff. We'll leave it at that. But unfortunately, Donovan's dad was killed in a car accident down there while he was out of state. It didn't change the hairyman thing, but it took it off the front burner, if that makes sense. And so everyone morning and doing their stuff. They ended up moving away from that village not too long after. Yeah, he said he'll never forget it. He didn't express it to his parents, but telling me about it, he said he lived in perpetual terror during those from like March until mid September, and then shortly after his dad passed. But he said, up until then, that whole stretch, every movement he did, he was worried that this thing was gonna try to snatch him, going outside, going to school, walking his sisters, to his aunt's house just across the driveway. It was real hard for him to overcome it. I'm want to thank him for sharing and I'm sorry for his loss. That's rough, especially being that young. I feel like you got to be the man of the house. I want to thank you guys for joining me and we will catch you guys soon.
Speaker 5: They say, you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay. I don't want to be open Joy that chore. Everything came back for Joy, for.
Speaker 4: Me, Joy stay right, you come in right away.
Speaker 1: Set side step stas still in state, passes in state as a gas stays insist