Speaker 1: Mac.
Speaker 2: Is there something about me that makes people want to lower their expectations of me?
Speaker 1: How do you mean to hold on? Take a step back. Okay, So you're saying that people have high expectations of you.
Speaker 2: Low expectations of me, so that then when I do anything, it's just met with amazement.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you are asking if people are inclined to have a low expectation about for you of you, Yes, because of a character trait of yours, right, I mean I guess if they don't know you, I don't know what they would be going off of. But I mean you're the type of you're like a perfectionist, you work hard, So I don't know why people would.
Speaker 2: Have loved I love those compliments. I'll tell you. The person that's way too easily impressed about me is my father.
Speaker 1: Well, there is a delineation, right, a sort of age group where sometimes you do, like just zooming into a photo, they're like WHOA Like that's so, I think your father's sort of in that age group. Anything anything that's cordless, he's he's probably very impressed by it. Well.
Speaker 2: No, so, like I appreciate when he's uh, when he's overly excited about, like, hey, you're a really good dad. You know that makes me feel nice because you don't get those compliments often. It's nice to hear that every once in a while, but there are times where, like RAFFI, my son will tell him that I read to him every night, and my dad's like, you read to him every night? Never? What a thunk it?
Speaker 1: So this is you, this was this was a trap here you phrased this. I was thinking in general public. So the question is what? Actually the answer is very easy.
Speaker 2: You I trapped you.
Speaker 1: You were wondering why your dad had such low expectations.
Speaker 2: It's why my dad has such low expectations of me when.
Speaker 1: One week ago we just talked about how you got a tattoo to apologize to your father for your behavior and your adolescence.
Speaker 2: One good, three Yeah, jobs three King of Queen.
Speaker 1: MARYL.
Speaker 2: Street entertained and I'm mad And we are the macing Good program. We bring you lawyering friendship.
Speaker 1: Yet today you bring you the three best friends that anyone could have. We are talking Daredevil Born Again seven years and the Making Year Good. I believe season three Daredevil is twenty eighteen. Does that sound right?
Speaker 2: But I'll ask you this though, is that if we were avocados at law, which one of us would be Murdoch, which one would be Foggy.
Speaker 1: My appearance, I'm clearly a Foggy, although when it comes to lowering, I think I would be the more.
Speaker 2: Spoilers to say what happens in the first episode.
Speaker 1: Well, that's I predicted it, did I not fucking max Domas. It's the first thing I've gotten round.
Speaker 2: Quite You're dead, bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Episode one Foggy gets which sets off the whole thing for the season. I should say. Daredevil Born Again is a Disney Plus original program is rated tvm A. It's an action crime drama superhero show. Subgenres here, goo tell me which one is your favorite gangst the legal drama, legal thriller, martial arts, psychological drama, psychological thriller.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I don't like, superhero because even with that, there is a subgenre that goes into it. It's not really a superhero show. It's more of the street crime, street level vigilante.
Speaker 1: So just regular hero show kind of.
Speaker 2: There's no real superpowers that go into this.
Speaker 1: To see that finale that's shark jumping moment from.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of things. But wouldn't you recommend this to someone that does not like superhero stuff?
Speaker 1: I think you could recommend there's someone to someone that just likes regular TV. Yes, so that's a good point.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to say, Like, if someone has superhero fatigue, which I understand, this is still something that's not like that that you can recommend. I would say that it's not like I would recommend the penguin to a non superhero person over this, but this is this is like.
Speaker 1: A regular Guys penguin, a poor guy's penguin. I don't think it's nearly the level of entertainment in quality that that show achieved.
Speaker 2: But one of those on HBO, though one's on.
Speaker 1: HBO name, the streaming money is all the same these days. Don't give me that bullshit.
Speaker 2: Now, because can you think of anything Disney plus wise that has gotten anything close to an HBO show? I don't care quality control.
Speaker 1: And also like cal Ferrell's great, but like John Burnhal, you know.
Speaker 2: HBO is not even television, it's HBO.
Speaker 1: Goude. This is nine episode a nine episode season, totally four hundred and forty six minutes, about forty nine and a half minutes per episode and go. We'd be remiss if we didn't mention the fact that there were three Netflix Daredevil seasons that took place twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, and I believe twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen that were that shaped molded this series. It's like loosely connected stuff in that kind of mattered, But they're also taking some liberties. And we also have seen Daredevil in a couple other MCU things now Spider Man no Way Home or Far from Home, and we saw him in she Hulk. We've also now seen Wilson Fisk and a few MCU things. So I don't really know what was supposed to matter prior to this seasons.
Speaker 2: Ready for this, Yeah, both everything and nothing.
Speaker 1: And they actually did a decent job of sort of theatering that line. And speaking of those aforementioned three Daredevil seasons, Goo Season one of Daredevil ninety nine percent from the critics, ninety three per.
Speaker 2: Love that the audience love it was one of the.
Speaker 1: First superhero shows, Marvel shows, shows of this new era of streaming that really hit hard. You know that just Jones season one, but that was before just Jones, so it really set the standard for what was to come over this past decade. Season two a little bit lower than most, even though it's my favorite season of Daredevil. Eighty one percent from the critics, eighty nine percent from the audience. And season three, where we last left off in this Daredevil saga, ninety seven percent from the critics, eighty six percent from the audience. So the audience has been creeping down a little bit and the critics are all over the place. So you could call this season four or it's its own thing. It kind of is. Eighty seven percent from the critics for Daredevil Born Again, eighty one percent from the audience. So, like I said, audience has crept down a little bit.
Speaker 2: I also think the audience and I've it's a bit of a blind look at it, where certain people just don't care for anything that Disney touches and they immediately jump on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say though, I do feel like this fits in pretty well with the three Netflix see.
Speaker 2: I thought it captured that the show pretty well tonally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it did a good job of that. And speaking of that, the metacritics scores season one to three seventy five, sixty eight, seventy one. This is a sixty nine, nice to sort of in that same tier. It seems like season one's head and shoulders above if you go by the rating systems. My favorite season is season two. You know, you get Punisher. I just think it's electra. I just think it's a little bit above the other two.
Speaker 2: And now I think season two is a little overstuffed. I thought that season one was the cleanest, Like, hey, check out these thirteen episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're probably right about that. But that's the thing about the Netflix series two twelve thirteen episode seasons that just went on for a lot.
Speaker 2: I really like season three too, yea.
Speaker 1: I didn't care for season three. Too much church shop, too much mom stuff, just went along.
Speaker 2: It went on for oh you love mom stuff, and usually when it's in its church.
Speaker 1: The nice thing is over the years, they've decided and the audience has really decided that we prefer these shows in that six, seven, eight, nine episode range over twelve thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, And I think this did a good job probably being the right length. You could even maybe cut a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of Bear's porridge. What I would have loved and I think moving forward, this is what I do want is ten episodes, but you take two or three episodes like you did in the bank robbery episode, and just have it be its own, one off half hour and have some fun with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like a little more conciseness, and especially at the end of the season, I felt like some of the things we did during the season were just more a distraction. The muse stuff, for example, ended up just being like a footnote, which was a little disappointing.
Speaker 2: Slightly a bit of a waste, but it was all a part of Fisk's plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's that's it just felt like, you know, we were misdirected and went down these certain paths when ultimately all we really cared about was what the two characters that we've been dealing with the whole time. But I guess that's sort of what Fist does qude This show is created by Matt Corman and Chris Ord. They are writing working duo. They did a show called COVID Affairs. I got a bunch of episodes you might know them from, and the show runner is Dario Scart Scarred upon a Uh. He was the executive producer and maybe a showrunner as well on the Punisher series both seasons. Did they get a season three Punisher?
Speaker 2: I think just two seasons, and he has an upcoming uh not made for TV special but a Disney Plus exclusive like eighty minutes. Let's got up on? I think fift What is it?
Speaker 1: I thought they said like fifty minutes.
Speaker 2: It's just fifty minutes.
Speaker 1: I think, so, yeah, at least give me an hour.
Speaker 2: I would say, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Got upon a on top of Punisher has done the Krazinski Jack Ryan stuff on Amazon, which I think a lot of people have liked. Dude. Synopsis of Daredevil Born Again, Matt Murdoch finds himself on a collision course with Wilson Fisk when their past identities begin to emerge. So, like we have talked about a few minutes ago, this series starts at a point where Matt Murdoch knows who Wilson Fisk is and you know what he's doing. Wilson Fisk knows that Daredevil is Matt Murdoch. It like Cassera on the Bag. But outside of that, not much that had happened in the prior three seasons really plays here, except for some bullseyes.
Speaker 2: Well, Murdoch knows that Fisk is up to something, and you need to know their backstory a bit so that you aren't thinking that Murdoch is just obsessed with Fisk, like his girlfriend on the show where she doesn't know their past history, just that Matt was a lawyer that had put him in jail. So she's like, why is he so obsessed with Fisk?
Speaker 1: Why you're so obsessed with me? By the way, that that that was Mariah Carey's just to Eminem and I didn't I didn't care for that team Eminem on that this ship.
Speaker 2: I'm a lamb, Isn't that what she calls her people?
Speaker 1: Lambs, lamb chop.
Speaker 2: Lamb chops, this show lamb CHOP's play along.
Speaker 1: Great show, great television program.
Speaker 2: The song that never ends that.
Speaker 1: Says as this show stars Goot Charlie Cox is Matt Murdock slash Daredevil, Margharita Levieva as Heather Glenn, the psychologist girlfriend of Matt Mardoch, Vincentinofriel as Wilson Fisher Wilson Fisk, Vanessa Jania Walton as Bbi Urik. She's like the studo independent journalist.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need more out of her in season two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't care.
Speaker 2: They gave us the tip of what they're going for with her. Yeah, is she in the last couple episodes?
Speaker 1: No, just the BB footage was, but she I think she gets credited for it. Alreadie Fruition as Buck Cashman. This is one of Wilson's right hand men in city Hall. And by the way, Wilson Fisk is Mayor Fisk in this show.
Speaker 2: If you did also, I'll give him credit for this. One episode was the election period, and he's right in office. I was expecting at the start of the show to have half of the season of him either running for office, or even the full season of just the election time. That got it all out of the way.
Speaker 1: Credit to them, Yeah, I we'll get to that. I haven't like, sort of fucking confused as to what the hell is going on in the MCU right now. Street level wise. Nicky m James as Kirsten McDuffie. This is Matt Murdoch's lawyer partner. I at Zurr as Vanessa Fisk. That's the wife of Wilson. Michael Gandafini, James's son plays Daniel Blake sort of an understudy to Wilson Fisk here. That's sort of what he pack.
Speaker 2: Win Junior reminded me of the of the younger Penguin from The Penguin Show. Mama User deserves so much of better.
Speaker 1: Zabrina Grivara as Sheila Rivera. She is like the one person in office working against him. Then you have those two son of a bitch motherfucker New York City Cops Clark Johnson as Cherry, Hamish Allan Hedley's Powell. They're great as especially Hamish Allan Hedley as Powell, real great son of a bitches. They fucking nail that role. Great great casting. Rubo Kean Quon as Detective Angie Kim. She is someone in the police force that is Nototi. Yeah, and I'm sure she has a role in the comics that I don't know. Michael Gaston as Chief Gallo. He also is not working for Fisk. And then go some of the more notable characters here that aren't in the full season, but they pop up. Hunter Dowan has as Muse, has a couple episode arc that was pretty good. I was really invested in the Meuse stuff, and then it sort of goes away. Deborah an Woll of course pops up as Karen in a few episodes. Wilson Bethel as Benjamin Poindexter slash Bullseye. I feel like they didn't really know how to use him. So you get the stuff at the book end here. He's obviously gonna play a part going forward, but it was a little confusing.
Speaker 2: The new show runners redid the first episode and the last two episodes, and then they had to play with the middle ones, and that's really where Poindexter is.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I guess, I guess that makes sense there. And to Goo's point, this show was originally imagined and imagined as a one season seventeen or eighteen episode season of television. It went through extensive rewrites and reshoots. It was supposed to come out two or three years ago. This is what we got. They've already confirmed of season two, which is coming out next March, so one year after this show. John Burnhal as Frank Castle slash Punisher. Every time he pops up, he's the best character on the screen.
Speaker 2: Plemonade.
Speaker 1: You root so hort for him? Yeah, like easy plumonade. And then a couple of characters, well, one I hope we get going forward here. So Kamar de los Reis was hector Ia White Tiger, who plays a part in the first few episodes, and then his niece Sola dad Isola played by Ashley Marie Ortiz, I think takes up the mantle of White Tiger in the comics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's obviously gonna be in season two and moving forward with what they try and get done with this show.
Speaker 1: So there's a number of more characters that kind of play a factor in here, and to that point, it is a pretty in depth television show. They're really working on developing a lot of characters to play in a second, maybe a third, fourth, fifth season. So I gotta give him credit for that. However, if you were tuning in to this season of television for like some smashing, kick ass Daredevil stuff, a good portion of the season lacked that.
Speaker 2: He wasn't Daredevil for a couple episodes. And when I say a couple episodes, I would say four to five episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again we already talked about it. You know, in the very first episode Foggy, Foggy gets got and so he hangs up the mantle because he basically is convinced that Foggy got killed because he's Daredevil.
Speaker 2: No, he also crossed his own line.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, Yeah, he threw Pointdexter off the building, which should have killed him. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I also survived that the imagery of him throwing him off the building so nonchalantly, I laughed so fucking hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are a couple of goofy things in this series. I do like that they did a little more of the Daredevil web slinging with his with his uh sticks, his nuton chucks. I like that shit. I just this is supposed to be so street level, right, and there's no real superhuman stuff. Although Daredevil has an ability, Point Dexter surviving that fall in the first episode.
Speaker 2: Blew my mind after he had just broken his back a year or two earlier.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous. And then there's something that happens in the finale Goo that's even more ridiculous.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of things in the finale that really you have to stretch how someone can serve things yeah.
Speaker 1: Or kill someone in a certain way.
Speaker 2: Or they're able to just walk around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or take a bullet in a certain area of the body, and you're good, like.
Speaker 2: Oh you okay, good. So you might have more experience than me with this, because I have zero experience. I have very of So when a bulletproof vest is shot, the material of the vest is now compromised and it no longer works correct.
Speaker 1: That's not necessarily true, it'll it won't work to its full guarantee, almost like bulletproof glass, like once it takes a few hits, it can become compromised. If you were to get shot in a very close location to where the initial shot was, that might make it through. There's also certain animal that is going to just get through certain bulletproof vests. And also when you get shot in a bulletproof vest, it still fucking hurts. You still feel the impact, there's just no penetration. So there's all sorts of stuff, and there's all sorts of different you know, bulletproof vests, So that stuff, I'm kind of.
Speaker 2: A If you're shot like six or seven times in a bulletproof vest.
Speaker 1: It's gonna hurt a lot. But if you're if it's right, it's probably it's probably not gonna get compromised. Okay, But if it's a rifle, a larger gun, maybe there's I don't know enough to speak fully on that, but you have a certain point there, you have you definitely have a point to be made, Vanessa.
Speaker 2: I can listen to Vincentinafrio breathe heavy and say, Vanessa for hours, do.
Speaker 1: You gotta run through the the old gauntlet here?
Speaker 2: Yes? I would. Fun factor. I think this show, while you think might have taken its time on certain things, I believe that it's still had the fun action pieces that we really enjoyed about the original show. I don't think anything touched what we got from season one in the hallway or season two in the stair uh stairwell staircase. But there were three or four fight scenes on this show, whether it be the first episode where bulls Eyev Daredevil, or it's just Matt fighting cops, or the stuff that they give us at the end. I don't want to say what goes on, but there's still a bunch of fun. I also, while I do think he might be disbarred, I enjoy Matt in the fucking courtroom too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I there's definitely fun to be had. It's not consistent, but when it pops up, it's great. Now, this might be speaking more to the satisfactory, so maybe we could roll into that.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: No, I really enjoyed that at points this was a bit procedural law stuff like it really. I just I think this show rounded out Matt Murdoch better than the Netflix shows did. The Daredevil stuff might have been better in the Netflix stuff. I enjoyed a little bit more of lawyer Matt Murdoch getting tied up in certain things that all also complicates the Daredevil stuff. Like in the Netflix shows, we didn't see a lot of in court stuff. We saw them in the law office.
Speaker 2: Well, the season two was a lot of in stuff with Frank Castle.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite season of the show. Goose or what I'm talking about here, here's what I was a lawyer.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I like when things in the world are affecting both lawyer Matt and Daredevil. I like that intersection. I like that crossover. This season has a bunch of that. Season two had a bunch of that. These might be my two favorite seasons of the show. I just felt like as a show, from episode to episode, this worked really well. Now the Highs, well, you know what, there's a couple of great moments in this show. The highs might not be as consistently high as the other three seasons, but I felt like the pulse of the show, the beat, was maybe the best of the four seasons.
Speaker 2: Was that your satisfactor, Yeah, it's satisfying. I was super satisfied. I was. I mean, you're bringing the show back with a bunch of actors that we liked a decade ago. They all pretty much look the exact same, the characters still feel the exact same. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's satisfying to have a consistent beat and not way a ton of time, which the Netflix shows did because you had twelve thirteen episode seasons.
Speaker 2: Also, the bank heist episode I had so much fun with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a very good episode.
Speaker 2: Borometer a little ticky in the fact that not only is it repetitive at points for itself in this season, but they do borrow a lot from the original three seasons of the show, especially when dealing with you know, how Matt feels about killing or the whole vigilanteism and hiding behind a mask, Like they've kind of touched on that stuff in the past yet so.
Speaker 1: To that point in the moment while watching the season, I wasn't like bored, But by the end of the season, I didn't care as much as as to what was gonna happen because we are in the fourth season and we now sort of know that none of this really has big ramifications on other stuff. So I enjoyed it as a.
Speaker 2: Television show about other stuff, though, but big.
Speaker 1: Picture stuff, like I know it's not gonna matter tons, So I didn't really care a ton what happened in the finale, If that makes sense.
Speaker 2: We can talk about that during the finale Halloween. Will this show wane over time? No, I'm feeling pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it will.
Speaker 2: Oh you think it will?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean we're not gonna rewin.
Speaker 2: What do you think is pointing you in that direction?
Speaker 1: I just don't think there's a lot of rewatchability here, and they don't go out of their way to like give us a huge cameo or anything like that, which again makes it a good television show. But you're not going to pop back and say, oh, I want to watch this for this reason.
Speaker 2: Pish pish to you our quater world. Is this better than water Worlds? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is definitely.
Speaker 2: Pants ten City Excite, Mike Mania, What got you going anything with Frank Castle. And then there are two or three fight scenes in this, like I said, doesn't top the heights of the original Daredevil show on Netflix, but some of the fight scenes in this are still pretty dope.
Speaker 1: We get like a ten minute scene in the finale involving Punisher, involving Daredevil. It's fucking phenomenal, really great, and like you wanted. I know you can't do that every episode, but every time you get that, you're like, this is what I want.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about something from that episode. We get the spoilers. There was one line that he said. I was like, that's really fucking funny. Plemonade. When life gives you plembin's you make plemonade. I enjoyed. Of course Castle also in the little that we got from Karen, I thought that Karen was pretty good in this too.
Speaker 1: I like a dialed back Karen. I agree, because if you go back and listen to our reviews of the other stuff, I'm not a Karen guy at all. They give her too much and I don't think she's great actress. She does a good job in her few moments here. Of course, John Bernhal as Frank Castle's fucking awesome. I also really loved Kamar Dallas Rais's Hector Ayala. He was fucking great, great, great, and I'm bummed, you know, they had to do him the way they had to do him, But I wish we got a little bit more of him, because that character's cool and he was great.
Speaker 2: Also, judging by car Aron's heartbeat, I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to get a little something from two gentlemen, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, a little life. It's our situation.
Speaker 2: Head off to France if you know what I'm talking about, Max Credit Union.
Speaker 1: It's almost too easy to give it to Charlie Cox. I'm gonna give it to the show creators, the show runner here Scartapane, Corman and Ords for recapturing the yesen of the original show and really, even though it's not one hundred pc connected, making it feel like it fits in with the other seasons of television that everyone loved. So I truly think that was quite the accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Also, having no idea what was in the original show and what they did, granted we saw a bunch of the shots that they use and cut it down to the nine episodes. But for them to watch it and be like, this is shit, we need to fix this. Credit to them, Yeah, credit to them.
Speaker 1: Seriously, they don't the thing. People and studios and people with power do that enough, admit they're wrong and fucking redo it.
Speaker 2: For those of you target to the Mac and Goo party, we rate everything on a forty hot dog rating system. Mac, we are once again dealing with a crisis of identity, not only with Matt but with Fisk as well. Both of them do realize by the end we know who we are. The constant ying and yang of Matt and Fisk in this show, and even how they would go from one scene to another, when it goes from a Matt scene to a fifth scene, it would almost be like they would flip the screen over so that one was looking down, one is looking up. One's more of a heavenly character at the time, one is more of a hellish character at the time. I really like how they played with that the show, how it looked almost like it was drained of color, like say, Muse drained all the blood from the show, and it just seemed kind of dull. But I liked that look and how it showed that it wasn't just the original Netflix show that was a little oversatched in its color. So it felt like the same show, but it didn't look like the same show. Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, they definitely made a conscious choice something with lenses or editing where they like purposefully made it feel darker in bleeding of color. To use your muse analogy.
Speaker 2: They let Matt take his time to be born again. We didn't just like he didn't just hang it up and then an episode later, you know what, I'm gonna put it back.
Speaker 1: On, and truly, you know, speaking to what we've already mentioned to remain spoiled free here for a second, it's like a new version of Daredevil we get by the end of this season. You know, it's a rejuvenated or re energize or changed version of the character we've seen over the years.
Speaker 2: It kept the feel of the original show along with its heart and how Matt feels about his friends. I really enjoyed that, but it also borrowed some of the themes of do I kill? Do I want to kill? The whole vigilante thing of hiding behind a mask? Is that the true or are you hiding the true you and Fisk breathing lots of Fisk breathing. I enjoyed my time and I want to say thirty five hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Yeah, you're you're a little higher on it than I am. It's a nice b plus, you've been consistently higher on Daredevils Is to Jump than me. I've never he's won me over. Now I love I like Charlie Cox and his dedication. I have never liked Vincent Naffriel's Winston Wilson Fisk. I'm just dealing with him.
Speaker 2: I can't wait until he finds you and fucking crushes your head.
Speaker 1: I think the worst thing about this season of television is probably Vincentinoffriel. Like I liked him, though, I just don't like and we've now totally in the MCU had like three different Fisks, Like I.
Speaker 2: Just have some shows that he's appeared in.
Speaker 1: He's been figuring out, like which Fisk is the one that should matter, and like they almost go too far past to like try to redeem him in this season because he's like vulnerable and the last two times we saw him he was sort of vulnerable and more human less animal. This season, he's he's more animalistic, more ruthless, and I suppose maybe that's what they want. But like, there's no chemistry at all between him and Vanessa. You don't feel like he actually loves Vanessa, and that is different from the Netflix show.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. There there's something missing between the two of them. And maybe it's just that it's the distance that they had that to season three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe and maybe that's natural, Maybe that's intentional how they're supposed to. Maybe they're just dealing with each other now. But the essence of his character in the Netflix show is he's doing everything for Vanessa, and now it's different now. Maybe again, maybe that's what they want. I just didn't care for it. I just do not care for him as Wilson Fisk. Every other character we got pretty good, pretty good. I was entertained for most of the season. I love when John Bernhalt pops up. I thought the show was consistently good, not great. I also felt like Heather Glenn, the girlfriend, you knew something that was up with her from the jump. I didn't think, so I'll take this back and said everyone else pretty good. She was just okay to me. I didn't love her.
Speaker 2: Her hair had too much life.
Speaker 1: So I was thinking like thirty two to thirty four when I was trying to frame it, I'll go smack dab in the middle on a thirty three there like a B minus. It's a good show. It fits in with the prior Daredevil stuff. I would imagine I was right around there. I didn't look up my old reviews for the other three seasons of Daredevil. I think they're all. I think one, two, and four are somewhat in the same range for me, and I think season three is a tier below those three.
Speaker 2: So what you're telling me is that your favorite season is the one where Fisk pops up for like two scenes, and the season that you dislike the most is the one where they brought him back. Yes, okay, all right, Mac Mac is sick of Kingpin. That's pretty I just.
Speaker 1: Don't care for Dinafrio's Kingpin. I just don't.
Speaker 2: All right, shall we spoil.
Speaker 1: Let's get to it spilier spoilers.
Speaker 2: And I feel like, if you are gonna work on this h on this plot of land that has no jurisdiction, that is not controlled by New York, by the government, and Fisk is running this pen as you would call it, with his little jail cells. In the instructional video when he hires you, the first thing it says is that we know that you're gonna want to shake Frank Castle's hand. You need to with all of your power, resist shaking Frank Castle's hand.
Speaker 1: So the post credits scene, if some of you missed it, didn't stick around for the end of the finale here.
Speaker 2: No, but doesny Plus put it out there for us and let us know, because at the bottom it said skip credits. So you said there must be something after these something here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So once again, if you're wondering how Frank Castle's spin off one off from Scartapane is going to be, we get a little introduction to it here. Frank Castle tricks a goon into coming close and he fucking well gets him. Presume we presume he got the keys escapes. But I didn't mind it because the people that are like lining up to help Fisk or fucking dummies, they're goons, they're morons, and they idolize Frank Castle. So it works, you know, Like I know, it's a dumb decision, a dumb goon, but because of the context, it actually works.
Speaker 2: And this does set up his fifty minute special. I saw screen Crush talking about maybe him running through Magipoor, him just trying to take out all these crime bosses as something which would be a fun fifty minutes, or maybe it's just him going to get a bite to eat.
Speaker 1: Just ordering off the menu.
Speaker 2: Has been really sitting. He's like, I'm pretty hungry. I've been in a I've been in a little cage for a while, I was chained up. I want to get myself a hido.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't know uh shit about the comics, so hopefully one of our listeners can chime and maybe doctor Fryar, is there a comic run where this Mayor Fisk has like a jail in his house like that.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure about that, but Fryar and maybe we should have had Fryar on to talk about this. But Fryar has told me many times that the run of Mayor Fisk is quite a good run.
Speaker 1: So speaking of Mayor Fisk, he declares martial law at the end of this series, and now I'm curious because they have moved but coming up very soon in the Thunderbolts, Valentine is going to be based in New York City, and we have a lot of heroes that are attached to New York City, most notably Spider Man. It feels almost like they're doing too much here because when we get to the Avengers level stuff, we're not even gonna be t about martial law in New York City. Yeah, I feel like it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: So Spider Man is the only Avenger.
Speaker 1: She doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Spider Man is the only Avenger that I feel like would care about the street level, what the mayor is doing stuff. All the other Avengers might have their hands full.
Speaker 1: Well that that's what I mean here by the end of this finale, where I almost just like don't even care that martial law is going on New York City. Like we're on a galactic level now, you know, Like I we got bigger threats than fucking Wilson Fisk running amuck in New York City. So I do think maybe there's a cool Spider Man story coming around the corner involving this, But for the most part, I'm like.
Speaker 2: We've already talked about this. I don't think Spider Man can be in live action Disney shows, and I don't think that Fisk is allowed to be in movies. So they're like, even, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think contractually that's how we bothered.
Speaker 1: I'm bothered by like this In New York.
Speaker 2: City, Daredevil wants to form a team, and his team is going to be Jess Jones, Punisher Moonnight.
Speaker 1: Okay, at the end there, when they're framing his team, what a mistake not to have Kristin Ritter as Jess Jones pop up in that bar, right, that would have been a great pop and a perfect tease. She doesn't even need her show coming back, but for her to play a part that would have been cool, and like, that's where Jess Jones would be hole in the wall bar, Like didn't it feel like they were framing it that way too, Like, well, here's the bartender, here's the hostage negotiator, and then they're sort of turning. You're like, is Jess Jones gonna be there?
Speaker 2: I mean she is in the second season. We've already seen stills of that. My curiosity would be the other two defenders cage and then also so I've seen Moonnight as a possible person that could team up with them some other smaller scale street level guys that could team up with them. I'm curious, and Friar brought her up as a possible tease that could happen in the finale, and I forget where they left off with her in the Netflix show with Electra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she They basically don't even talk about her in season three if I recall that correctly, They just like sort of skip past.
Speaker 2: Doesn't she die in season two? And then she's brought back to life and the Defenders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they like the hand like resurrector sort of right. That's why season three of Daredevil's not great.
Speaker 2: You know who should play Electra? Carmen Electra. Heyo, we're in, We're both out.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not even gonna go down that path because we're never gonna see Daredevil on the big screen.
Speaker 2: So we already have. He was in Spider Man No Way Home.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm like, I'm like, you know what, I I enjoy these shows. I'm never gonna love these shows because they're fucking meaningless, I guess for lack of a better term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but remember that sweet fight scene and matt apartment with the cops. That was great with the Punisher.
Speaker 1: Son of a bitch. Cops really got what we're coming to him.
Speaker 2: That was my favorite line when uh, when the Punisher goes to kill him and he's like, no, don't kill him. Frank like the least amount of effort in his voice to be like, like in the past, he would have used his stick with the rope on it to like hit the gun or stop Frank from killing someone. And this is like, now, Frank, don't kill that guy.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, that was that one, So Frank shoots the other one would have bought that.
Speaker 2: No, that was a great scene.
Speaker 1: That ten minutes where they're fighting off like the ambush is fucking awesome. And then Frank versus all the goons at the end was awesome. I just love burnt All's Punisher is as much as like Charlie Cox's Daredevil works Like Burntal when he grunts is like, fucking ugh, it's great.
Speaker 2: So that, but Charlie Cox is always grunting too and going to.
Speaker 1: That yeah, so that. The bank robbery episode episode five is great and really kicks back in like into gear. Okay, we're gotta be Daredevil again, we gotta start doing shot again.
Speaker 2: That felt like a great Saturday morning television show one off of like, hey, let's have this bankives. We're gonna have the superhero save it. The one note that I would give them stop mentioning Kamala Khan. Stop mentioning miss Marvel. We know that's her dad. And even if they didn't mention her, they just showed the little funko pop on the desk and the dad just kind of mentioned having a daughter. That's really all you needed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a fine little time. But we know Kamala Khan is not gonna pop in on Daredevil. So it's like, like, that's why I kind of wanted the Jeff Jones thing at the end, because you know he's not gonna cross over with anyone, which is again why this is all kind of meaningless, But I digress. We get the bank robbers episode, then we get the Mute, the two mus episodes. Fascinating character, really cool, really cool little layer. The stakes were kind of high, and then he's just gone. We don't deal with Mus at all, and the same way why Tiger gets got So they are just essentially distracts and the Daredevil versus Fisk, you know, Gautlet we have.
Speaker 2: Here plays into all of these vigilantes being lumped together though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, and we get the episode eight now, goo, Honestly, I need any an honest opinion here. Why in the world would Matt Murdoch aka Daredevil jump in the way of a bullet that would kill Wilson Fisk and solve all of his problem?
Speaker 2: Do you want my serious answer or my joke card?
Speaker 1: I want both?
Speaker 2: Okay, So the first one is I think it's because he just found out that Vanessa was the person who put out the hit on Foggy Nelson, So.
Speaker 1: Stop right there. Yes, if Vanessa was getting shot, would he have allowed Vanessa to be killed?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: All his problems would be solved if these motherfuckers were killed?
Speaker 2: Or are you John? That's what he said, episod don't understand.
Speaker 1: So again, I'm trying not to get too bothered by it because it's meaningless. It's meanless, meaningless, meanless. Why are we gearing back up for with a team at the end to fight Fisk when you could have just fucking let him die. He could have let him die.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's one of those things where Matt doesn't want someone else to kill Fisk. He wants to be the one that takes care of him.
Speaker 1: He's had plenty of opportunities to kill.
Speaker 2: Fisk, He's biding his time. Do you think it's a Batman Joker thing where you know, Batman does want to put the Joker away, but he also kind of needs him to fuel him.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many years in now do we need for Matt to realize the legal system is not gonna take care of Wilson Fisk.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just like it's a subconscious thing of if he gets rid of Wilson Fisk, then there's gonna be nothing that keeps him as Daredevil, Like he's not gonna want to be Daredevil anymore, and he needs Fisk to fuel him.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just I don't I don't get why.
Speaker 2: How is my joke card? By the way, that was the answer.
Speaker 1: I don't get why. Like if Fits died, like everything would be better for everyone, and Matt doesn't let him die. And to me, that's where I lost interest in what was gonna happen in the finale. I loved that we got cool Daredevil and Punisher moments. I didn't give a fuck what was gonna happen, but what did happen? Which, again I don't understand what he can and can't do. Wilson Fisk could just break a guy's whole head.
Speaker 2: Now, I love it. He's done that in the past.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are we doing? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: You saw Halloween when Michael Meyers stepped on that.
Speaker 1: I understand anything about that character.
Speaker 2: He turned that man's head into cake.
Speaker 1: I just I just can't keep I'm just gonna keep watching against this series and enjoying it anywhere from thirty to thirty four Dogs and being like, yeah, there were some good moments. Yeah, it's it's good.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question, and maybe this is obvious, and I'm just a fucking idiot. Did Fisk know the whole time that that port was an open land and this was always his end goal? Or he stumbled upon it while in office?
Speaker 1: I don't know. And I feel like they didn't spend enough time on that because it's this big sort of reveal, even though the audience already knows.
Speaker 2: I don't know, And I was listening back to the conversation and I'm like, if he knew the whole time and this was his big sweeping plan to bring Vanessa back toward him Like that kind of makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you're right about that. I don't know. I'm just so uninterested in the him and Vanessa stuff because they seem uninterested.
Speaker 2: It's kind of tough, you know, when you have to keep on impressing your wife with cool, open barges that you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with fucking live stock in your basement.
Speaker 2: I don't think she loves him.
Speaker 1: I I she certainly does not love.
Speaker 2: Him, And I also so I also thought that she let Poindexter go to first off kill Foggy Nelson, but also as a thing of like, if she kills Fisk, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Right? And that's I know, you lose one of your central characters. That's a much more interesting story.
Speaker 2: Ifa is the one that kills him.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you goose. That writes itself.
Speaker 2: Also, so Bullseye shoots at Fisk's chest, I would say, yeah, that's not an effective shot, is it? You want to shoot for his head, right?
Speaker 1: I mean a headshot would be better. But then Matt Murdock can't jump that high to save you.
Speaker 2: No, Hi, Matt can jump Mac and leap. Matt can do flips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's interesting that a man named Bullseye who canonically can hit anything he wants.
Speaker 2: It and everything on this show, he's nailed everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why you wouldn't shoot him right through the eyeball right, makes no sense, But cinematically, Matt can't do this dive across and get shot in the chest, you know, So that's why that happens.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, my favorite part of the entire show was Okay, So in the finale, so the Punisher shows up. He's shaven, he has a nice haircut, and Matt points and I was like, oh, and you're also wearing aftershave. And that was all because Karen was coming back and he wanted to look good for Karen. I fucking love that he wants the fuck Yeah, but does he He has a connection to her, but he also doesn't want to do anything with her because he doesn't want to forget about his family. And if he does fuck her, he's gonna forget about his family, like all of us.
Speaker 1: Memory loss that post not clarity memory.
Speaker 2: Like did I have children and a wife?
Speaker 1: What was I doing this whole thing? Oh?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if he doesn't. He's like, why am I? Why am I punishing?
Speaker 1: What am I? Why am I wearing this? I don't even like black?
Speaker 2: What is this skull on my shirt? Who am I? Sid? I really like the show.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I don't love it as much as the original show, but I love what they were going for, and I think that they're gonna do better in season two.
Speaker 1: I could give a fuck with him? Is the wolfson Fisk? At this point? I just want to see Punisher and Daredevil do cool shit?
Speaker 2: Is there anything else from this episode that we forgot?
Speaker 1: I'm sure. I'm sure there's a number of things.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, Foggy's dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Foggy's dead. Cat.
Speaker 2: That was a great scene too. Is that Matt is fighting Bullseye while listening to Foggy's heartbeat?
Speaker 1: And I thought it was a good way to get you into the show again, you know, good like, oh shit, the stakes have been raised from the jump.
Speaker 2: Let's get into Mac Sack and mack Sack could be anything. It could be a boat and Mac while watching an old YouTube video earlier taught in the Shadows, I enjoy his music reviews, he went in and reminded us of, first off, one of our favorite trends from the nineties, which was cartoons wearing hip hop clothing. And not only was a cartoon or in hip hop clothing, but back in nineteen ninety four, Disney released a hip hop album called Mickey Unrapped, and this featured Mickey and his friends rapping. I'll show a picture on the YouTube screen. I'll describe it to you right now. Mac is looking at it right now. It is Mickey with a backwards ball cap and saggy jeans over his red shorts along with boots. Mac. I am gonna read you a list of song titles that could be on Mickey Unrapped. Okay, I would like you to tell me if this is a real song from Mickey Unrapped or if it is something that I have made up.
Speaker 1: Oh, these are original rap songs.
Speaker 2: No, there are more covers and they're more playing with you know, songs of the time.
Speaker 1: And by the way, yeah, good, and do good enough job of describing the saggy jeans over the tims.
Speaker 2: That's right, he's also wearing tims, all right, Mac. First song up here sung by minute Ice Ice Mickey, Yeah, move to the beat yellow shoes on his feet.
Speaker 1: That is correct, you tell me, Okay, I was right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just did a lyric from the song I Love a Lot. I'm not allowed to play the songs on YouTube and on the stream, so I didn't know.
Speaker 1: What was gonna happen. I didn't know if we're gonna get a ding ding ding.
Speaker 2: I don't have any sound effects. Goofy's Paradise sung by Goofy, of course, yeah, very real. I made that up.
Speaker 1: Ah fuck, god, damn it. Good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good fig You should have noticed that Goofy's Gangster's Paradise came out in nineteen ninety five. This album's nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: Good Call you, good call?
Speaker 2: All right? How about sung by Minni Mouse? What a Mouse?
Speaker 1: No, I don't care for the title, so made.
Speaker 2: Up, incorrect. What a Mouse by Mini Mouse is a real song, like.
Speaker 1: What a Mouse? What a mouse? What a mouse? What a mighty good mouse?
Speaker 2: You know that he's loyal because you never hear about him with another girl. It's an actual line from the song when talking about Mickey. Yeah, it was a goof day.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't give me two fake goof ones.
Speaker 2: It's real that one is also fake. A take on it was it was a Good Day by gorse a Goose was a good day. I didn't have to take up my ak.
Speaker 1: I guess it's gonna be all real except for the goofy ones.
Speaker 2: How about sung by Daisy California Adventure Love.
Speaker 1: California Love was ninety five or ninety six, So that's fake.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't have told you that one from earlier. How about bow Wow to the Beat sung by Pluto litl bow Wow.
Speaker 1: Is like six, so I'm gonna say also.
Speaker 2: Fake, this is real? Actually, oh okay, this is Pluto bow Wow to the beat featuring Whoopy Goldberg.
Speaker 1: Bow Wow Wow.
Speaker 2: Yep, yo, yep, that's not the song. This is no The song is just Pluto making dog noises.
Speaker 1: Remember that song? It might have been a little Romeo. Actually it was a little Little Romeo or a little bow Wow had a song with Solange Knowles, I didn't know, the sister of Beyonce in like three. It's pretty good. Oh five.
Speaker 2: Maybe Ducks in the Hood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's real.
Speaker 2: That is real and it's done by Huey Dewey and Louie fuf That Ducks in the Hood were three tough ducks with an attitude. Some say we're cool, some say we're rude. Once again, this is a real album put out by Disney in nineteen ninety four. You can't botch this.
Speaker 1: Can't touch this. Du Botch doesn't seem like a word Disney would use. So I'm gonna say it's fake.
Speaker 2: You are incorrect. This is done by Goofy, Mickey Minnie, and Pluto. You can't botch this unbelievable. I turned on the hose and my lawn became a lake. What Goofy says? Nothing but a goof thing?
Speaker 1: I'm all fucked up by the Goofy. Shit. Uh, nothing but a g thing, baby, nothing but a goof thing. Who that's gotta be real?
Speaker 2: Give me that one is also fake, you piece of shit?
Speaker 1: You fucking asshole.
Speaker 2: How about Big Daka?
Speaker 1: I would just say it's real, because I don't think you would come up with something that bad.
Speaker 2: Sung by the Seven Dwarfs, it's fake. I made that one up.
Speaker 1: Fuck fuck a what you call it?
Speaker 2: Big Down with Big Pete?
Speaker 1: But this is over Down with Big.
Speaker 2: Pete to the tune of Fuck the Police.
Speaker 1: That is real.
Speaker 2: That is not real? Why would they do that? And then finally Gin and goof.
Speaker 1: Not getting got by goofy again.
Speaker 2: This is fake goof doggy dog. You are correct, that is fake.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think the mouse would uh support the gin part of that.
Speaker 2: I was trying to think of what else to put for gin. I'm like, I'll just change the goof, goof and juice. I've already fallen back on goof seven times in my other fake time six got me six. So go and check out that album. It's on YouTube all right, Mac, Where can the folks find us?
Speaker 1: You can find us on Twitter and on Instagram at Mac and Goo podcast every the platform. Where're mac ampersand good It's maxif seven Goo that includes Facebook, Sitratune and castars for Google Play, iHeartRadio, Worre on Spotify, but more importantly we're on Apple podcasts. Get on their rate review subscribe five stars. If you do that, we'll get you a free Mac and goochie shirt from folks over at Watertown sports Where. That's Watertown Sports Where thirty four Mott Auburn Street and Watertown Watertownsports war dot com expert screenprinting and embroidery.
Speaker 2: Tea public dot Com. How often do you doom scroll all the time? Oh, the fucking time. I'm dead.
Speaker 1: Every time, I shit, every time I forget what I'm doing, I'll just open my There's sometimes i'll doom scroll. I'm like, oh, I was supposed to be doing something, stop doom scrolling. Then forget what I had to do and continue doom scrolling. I'd also like to uh I didn't say yet. You know, for the folks that have tuned in this late, I'd like to congratulate Goo on his sweet and Jeremy ronic Arizona Coyotes jersey.
Speaker 2: I was looking for a Daddy Kuchuk one, but they only had the whites, and I prefer the black. And I said, you know what, styles is fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not a ronic guy. I'm not a ronic guy, but.
Speaker 2: I like ronic. I love Kachuk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed, there Kachuk local guy as well. I gotta say, you know, when we look back, you know, in general, eighty percent of what the nineties did to sports uniforms were bad, but the twenty percent truly all amazing. That the Raptors jerseys that got shipped off for a while and now they've come back full force. Like there are some truly great ones, including the one you're wearing.
Speaker 2: I also couldn't find a Dallas Drake Jersey. He was on the Coyote, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might have been. Yeah, they were.
Speaker 2: Always a decent team. They were never great, but they were always good. It was it was a lot going on in the Western Conference at the time.
Speaker 1: Is that where Hobby Bouen went ended up there?
Speaker 2: I don't. I mean he might have played for a bunch of different teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like a real archer Derby.
Speaker 2: But I mean at that time, Arthur Jerbey was great at that time though, Phoenix was dealing with Dallas, Colorado, Detroit just fucking powerhouses the load the end of like the Saint Leactually know Saint Louis had already trade Hull, so never mind, it was before Saint Louis got good again with mcginnison Pronger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Pronger's rookie year was like oh one, maybe two.
Speaker 2: No, Pronger's rookie year, he was he was in the nineties and he was on Dallas.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it nineties? No, Promor wasn't on He wasn't on that star Seemo in the Cup?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying he was on Harford. Actually he started with Hartford, he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, I didn't know he came into the league.
Speaker 2: That early, when he was nineteen and nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 1: He's been retired for like a decade now, so that makes fucking sense.
Speaker 2: But also, he was all most in the Wayne Gretzky trade when they got Gretzky from the Kings. But the Blues were like, yeah, we're gonna hold on to this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Al mckinnis real hard slap shot.
Speaker 2: Oh, you could shoot the puck real fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, show's over. I guess go home.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh so on Monday, Sinners, I hope, or Goose Day Sinners, I hope.
Speaker 1: We'll try try, we'll try both miss screening.
Speaker 2: And then at the end of the week Revenge of the Sith Okay, yeah, or we can flip it if you want. It's up to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Sinners. Great early reviews. I'm getting excited for that one and my girl Hailey Steinfeld's so.
Speaker 2: I'm also really excited about rewatching Revenge of the Sith.
Speaker 1: I am too. Actually, it's.
Speaker 2: It's pretty great. I'm not gonna lie. Great yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 1: So that's like thirty six Dogs.
Speaker 2: I think, with hindsight and comparing it to other Star Wars stuff, I think it's pretty great.
Speaker 1: At the time, I loved it. I know that back in five when I watched it.
Speaker 2: I think, right, and we'll get into it with the podcast. I think you can pick and choose a couple things out of it to take out of it.
Speaker 1: But overall, the PlayStation two game that came out with the movie that got of the movie, great fucking game. Great game.
Speaker 2: Alright, so check us out then Tuesdays or Goosdays. I have used Kangaroos Tambarton.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure. Now it's time for girls jumping on trampapa Leens