Speaker 1: Who's your favorite member of Van Halen right wing with I'll show you're gonna ruin it be except for similar me pursuing it.
Speaker 2: Followed out Shaw shame through the sewer. Dude, Now what chilling at the Eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Your clocking on the dot? Got a habit for my house? Or go stat is how we'd starting. Kid Crattic shows that enough multiply like a rabbit, tune in so out, creak it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I hang out with my.
Speaker 4: Friend Rocket on the radio.
Speaker 3: My home only boy's gain is.
Speaker 5: Talking on the radio.
Speaker 3: It's time to do this spons again.
Speaker 5: All the Here we go, Kat, Christine up and all on my radio.
Speaker 3: A saloon to welcome everybody.
Speaker 5: It's the Ben and Skin Show here on a Tuesday, holding it down on ninety seven point one the Egle. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. All hands on deck and in studio today. I'm Ben Rodgers, joined by my close personal homie since growing up in Richardson met in nineteen eighty two, Jeff skin Wade. Taco Tuesday, Ben, you know what I'm saying? What Taco Tuesday b commentator Jeff here to talk to us about Taco Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Man, that was so good.
Speaker 5: Commentator Jeff here too, Terminator.
Speaker 3: X, that's a great nickname.
Speaker 5: Commentator, Jeff, are your MAVs pants going crazy? We're one day away from the MAVs having the number one pick in the NBA draft, dude yesterday and we'll talk about it later in the show. But one Ben Rogers broke news to me of the Daniel Gafford signing. Yes because I was getting ready to take my daughter to a birthday dinner and I looked down at my phone and been an old cap said Gafford, And I thought, oh my god, we traded Gafford. And then I pulled up the news and was like, oh my god, we re signed Gafford. Yes, we'll get into all that later, but that was you broke that news to me.
Speaker 3: Very nice.
Speaker 5: Also, the pride and joy of Only Texas coming off a corporate meeting in which he contributed a little bit Ladies and gentlemen, Kevin K. T.
Speaker 3: Turner, I feel like I heart now sees the value in me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, after they told me to take my belongings and go to the elevator and asked me to give them the key card to get in, but I didn't wear it to work that day, so I was like, I'll bring it back next week. But then they brought me back, and finally I think they know what they've got.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't want to I don't want to say too much, but let's just say the listeners are in for quite a nice surprise around Halloween.
Speaker 6: Well you didn't even hear about the the mommy milkover thing that I count myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll be on that pause ye.
Speaker 5: Also joining us today the Pride and Joy of Oatmeal Pizza. Popular local Nirvana cover band Christina Krae A Little Baby corn Bread Ray.
Speaker 4: Hello. Let me tell you how fun it is to have a band practice real late in the night and then wake up early for a corporate meeting. I'll go Ham, Yes, we have a show this Friday, and I'm really excited about it. We got the songs down club Dotta.
Speaker 6: I love, Yeah, Yeah, can I give some I heart corporate meeting analytics. Iart first person to speak up in the meeting outside of the person running the meeting, Christine, all right, okay.
Speaker 4: And then everyone immediately just ignored what I said and went to something else. But it was fine. I was like, I need to say something.
Speaker 5: Just remember what she said, because there yet I was late, Katie. Do you remember what she said, you son of a bitch?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 6: It was something about music, dogs, dogs.
Speaker 5: Dogs you jerk club, either music or dogs.
Speaker 3: That was the first thing that was said in the meeting besides Jason. Yeah, all right. Soon I had the first way in. I actually did hear that. Thank you, Okay, good, I made it in time for that. You made for that very nice.
Speaker 5: But there was a moment where, I don't know, six or seven minutes into the meeting, I said something and everyone.
Speaker 3: Goes, oh my god, you're here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, hey everybody. And then I realized about thirty minutes into the meeting that the back of my head was being shown on a video of people that were out of market. I want to tell you, yeah, it's like, yeh, they're looking at my bald spot that I was really like that. You then you then did Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen brought in pizza for the entire iHeart Staff and Crouch is very nice. And everybody's stuck in this meeting and we're you know, it's where it's productive. We're going over a lot of great stuff meeting. We've been there for a long time. Skin all of a sudden just goes I'm hungry. I can't tell you how hungry I am. And then while everyone's waiting that room, he just went to play the pizza. And I'm thinking, I don't know what the rules are. I was thinking of, you can't cancel lunch, you know. I was thinking of if I think you should leave me? And I'm like, are you allowed to do that? I mean, I was I'm going back to elementary school. I'm thinking of every job I ever had. Usually they're like, all right, and everybody can go get some pizza. But you're grown ass man. You wanted some pizza. She went and got some pizza. I was so confused and turned on by it. I had a slice of pizza in the sleeve of my hoodie and I pretended like I was sleeping and I was eating pizza out of the edge.
Speaker 3: Of this of my sleeve. I'm so tired, the tiredest I've ever been. I gotta set my head on the desk.
Speaker 5: So where we were, where I was sitting, I saw the Andrews people walk in. Yeah, and so I was like, oh, it's being set up right out there. I'm gonna go eat pizza. Now let me know how this part of the meeting is going. And then I went and got pizza. I brought it into set out in a nice cold sprite, yeah, couple of slices of cheese, and started throwing down really well done, well done by you. We all wanted to.
Speaker 3: Be so free. Okay.
Speaker 5: So yes, we're going to talk about Daniel Gafford and signing his deal with the Mavericks. Will do that around four fifteen. But I do want to just say about Cooper Flag. I am so unbelievably excited and the Mavericks got so very lucky. I mean, I was contemplating whether or not I could be a fan ever again, Like it was the darkest time in my MAVs existence, and I was a fan through the nineties, and you know, it's like suddenly everything is okay. I'm still not okay with the trade, but the results of the roster and where we're sitting having a contender and having the number one pick in a year where it really matters to have the number one pick where there's a huge difference between one and two and the rest of the class.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a definitive number one pick, and he's going to be a Maverick and he's going to be really, really good.
Speaker 5: You know, we do a lot of this best prospects and so and so and best prospects and so and so and blah blah blah. One of the things that I do believe wholeheartedly is he is the best American prospect two way player since Anthony Davis because he's a better defensive player than offensive player, and he's a really good offensive player. But that's where and that's exactly when Kawhi Leonard was first establishing himself. He was establishing himself as a dominant defensive player, and then his offensive game came into focus later. But the fact that he's a dominant defensive player early is great. We're going to be talking about this so much tomorrow because we're doing our show from three to six out there at the American Airline Center, and then immediately after it is going to be a draft simulcast that the MAVs are doing. It's put on by mAbs TV and all of that, but you'll be able to hear it right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle Homa Dallas Mavericks Basketball brought to you by k Post Company, DFW's trusted name in roofing, waterproofing, and solar solutions.
Speaker 3: And we're going to be out there. We're going to be all over it.
Speaker 5: And we are the flagship station of the Mavericks literally the flag.
Speaker 3: Shit okay station on the average.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we'll have lots of coverage tomorrow and we'll take you on into the night at nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: It'll go.
Speaker 5: Coverage is from six to nine, with our show being the pregame show from three to six. All Right, I saw we're gonna move along. We've got a great show planned for you. But I saw three stories on Dallas TV. I want you to think about. Okay, jugging is now a felony? Should be jugging? I'd never heard of that?
Speaker 3: Is that where you grab.
Speaker 5: Him, that's where you follow people, It's where you rob someone in an ATM? Now, why wasn't that already a felony? That was just frowned upon? A Mesquite man was arrested naked in a and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Can you bounce back from that? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Aren't you the guy that got arrested, dude, and a stolen ambulance, And you can't really steal an ambulance and be on the download.
Speaker 3: The whole point of an ambulance is to be loud and visible. Did you kill Bill Wolsh?
Speaker 5: And then finally Texas man shoots and kills his roommate who asked for because he was asked for two hundred and fifty dollars in rent. You should choose roommates better. You should choose roommates better if the guy might kill you. If you asked for two hundred and fifty dollars, probably not a great roommate.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Coming up next, Skin, Where are we going? And things? Skin is tracking? Is your last name offensive?
Speaker 5: Before we get there, I want to say, and this is three minutes away the answer to that question