Speaker 1: Something you should go, Something you should know is brought to you by genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free Gold and Silver guide at Genesis goold ir dot com. Excited to have a guest in the studio. We have Dianeidy and she's with Midwest Street Medicine. Diane, thanks for joining us, Thank you for having me. And we've got a fun event coming up today. It's Monday, the fifteenth of September, six thirty pm at Union Gospel Mission and we have a guest that'll be speaking doing some training.
Speaker 2: Is that right, yep? So we're going to do a cultural training. The guest's name is Tanya Keetrol and she works for the Network, which is the cultural She's the cultural programs manager for the South Dakota Network Against Family Violence and Sexual Assault. So she does all their cultural trainings and goes all over the nation and trains all kinds of people. And we're lucky enough I went to high school with her. Oh really, so I begged, I beg for her to come do a training for our volunteers with Midwest Street medicine. You know, our goal is to meet people where they're at, and a lot of the people we work with are Native Americans, so I feel it's important for our volunteers to have that cultural knowledge. But we didn't want to just limit it to our volunteers, so we're opening it up to the community or anybody that wants to come here.
Speaker 1: Or speak, So anybody that wants to conjoin you this evening and again six thirty pm Union Gospel Mission. Is there a fee to come to this tonight.
Speaker 2: No, it's brief, very nice, and it's on the women's side. There's two Union Gospels, so it's seven oh one East eighth Street and Midwest Street. Medicine sign is on the door, okay, so yeah, you have to knock on the door and somebody will let you in.
Speaker 1: There you go. Very very cool. Well that is coming up this evening. And again, the young lady that'll be speaking, Tanya Is. I'm reading some of the really cool stuff about her career, Urban Indian Health, lower rural community college, tribal nonprofit schools dedicated to Native youth, and it just sounds like she's done some really cool things. Also, US probation and pre trial services covering seven of the nine Southcote reservations. So talk about qualifications, and she's got a BA in psychology, and again I think this would be a great event. So if this is something, and she went to high school with.
Speaker 2: You, so she went to high school with me.
Speaker 1: There we go. That's the cheery on top right there. So it's a free public event part of the Midwest Street Medicine commitment to education, community engagement, and honoring Indigenous voices in the conversation around healthcare, advocacy and healing. So if you'd like to join the group tonight, it is free Midwest Street Medicine. Let's talk about what you guys do because this is amazing. There's probably somebody listening right now that's gone. I've never heard of that. So even though you've been around a little bit, there are still opportunities all the time for more people to learn about you. So let's tell people what do you guys do at Midwest Street Medicine.
Speaker 2: So what we do is we go out and literally help people where they're at. We go out on the streets, we go to the shelters, we go wherever anybody needs us to be. We have over sixty volunteers of doctors, nurses, mental health, addiction professionals, all kinds of people that come out on Sunday and Monday mornings. We divide up in teams. We pull our wagons full of snacks and water and hats and gloves and whatever weather appropriate things they need, and we go out and do wound care. We help with medications, we help with whatever they need. I keep saying that, but.
Speaker 1: No, that's awesome. Wouldn't it be great if there was no need? But since there is a need, I'm glad that you're doing something to fill that need.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So, again, in a perfect world, there would be no need, but we don't live in that perfect world. We live in this world. Midwest Street Medicine if you'd like to learn more. Midwest Streetmedicine dot org is their website. And again, the event that we were talking about earlier, it is coming up this evening. So it's tonight at six thirty pm at the Union Gospel Mission. And you said, what's the address on the one that you're.
Speaker 2: At seven oh one East eighth Street.
Speaker 1: Very very nice, And I'm going to throw a link to all of this as well to make it really easy to find. Thank you so much for coming in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to learn more about their event, that is this evening at six point thirty at the Union Gospel Mission again for Midwest Street Medicine. I've got a link at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Siouo Falls News and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com