Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: So one thing that I did not mention when discussing the ESPN decision to opt in for the back half of the ACC ESPN grant of rights deal. So yeah, they had until February first to pick up the option on their twenty year contract that it was signed in twenty sixteen. For some reason, I was thinking it was a little bit before that, but I do forget Louisville was in the ACC before the network actually launched some reason. It just seems like it was kind of all at the same time. But anyways, not only are they going to start giving revenue, you know, more revenue to those that actually are doing things to bring the league revenue, right like you get what you get what you earn, which I really do believe, you're going to see other conferences the next time they're up to discuss a new deal or extend their deal, whatever it may be. They're gonna the big dogs are gonna are gonna want more. And I always could have done that, but think about it, now, you got to even if you are a program that that knows you got a lot of money coming your way more so than others. You have to keep in mind that you now have an annual twenty million dollar bill that never existed before. That's just a humongous expense for for everybody for the most part, clearly a bigger one for schools that don't produce a lot of the big revenue. So if you know, heck you could you could be a top producer in your conference. And if and if they have a stipulation that you're going to get a bigger chunk, if you are a factor in the earnings, it could make it to where that annual twenty million dollars is nothing. Right, you don't even have to worry about that added expense that didn't used to be there. So I mean that that, to me is is something that makes a lot of sense. But what I did not mention is that noted aim is also going to be a part of the I guess the rest of this contract. As far as they're they have a very weird deal right like they're they absolutely have bullied the ACC for years now, and I know the ACC not putting their feet to the fire and telling Notre Dame you're not going to have a season in twenty twenty if you don't join our conference. But just letting them join it for a year only such a weak move by Swafford, But you know, or Phil I'm not even sure if it was swafordor Phillips who did it, but either way, I think I think it was think of Swafford because that's that was, you know, one of the many things he did on his way out that I think put the league in a terrible spot. And like people within the ACC, you know, the the Ogs, the Carolina schools, like they feel like they're they're going to instantly drop dead if they say something bad about Swafford, which is just odd to me. But anyways, Notre Dame is in the league, but not right and again they they we talked about this as during the lead up to the National Championship, like Notre Dame, they are different in a maze. They're different than anybody in college football and they know it. Nobody else could do what they do and they know it. So it was weird that they kind of had this rudy feel to them because you know, everybody's been doubting them because they lost in Northern Illinois, and everybody's been, you know, saying they're gonna get blown out because you know they're not any good, and sure enough, they ended up proving a lot of people wrong. They were really good team this year, and I think they're gonna be really good with Marcus for even moving forward. So you know, the conversation at the time was like, look, they they're a team that I still feel like the majority of people will root against them if they're not fans and they're I wouldn't call them like a villain, but you know, you either like them or you don't like them, or maybe you hate them, so you know, they Let's put it this way, the ACC, who already has a tough time with the league having marquee games that that give real value as far as resumes to make the twelve team playoff. If Notre Dames said, or if the ACC said, no, you're in or you're out, you know what they would do. They would be out and they would go schedule their own They would they would do their own thing, and the league would be in a worse spot because you actually need the Notre Dame games on your schedule, even though they're not a full league member. But you know they get to play what four or five games depending on I think it's every other year, So you need them and they are willing to not you know, they're they're willing to play ball as well, which again I'm here I am thinking like, well, do they have a say soul, I guess they do because again they can kind of do what they want. They get to benefit it from us whenever they want, and you know, they don't have to join the league, but they It sounds like the league is going to be pretty strategic in giving Clemson, Florida State, Miami, Carolina, Louisville, even those kind of schools more of a more of more opportunities to go up against Notre Dame because you clearly, you know Notre Dame having I don't know, Boston College on the schedule or you know, Pittsburgh on the schedule. I mean that those are probably gonna be games. You know, Notre Dame is gonna win and Notre Dame, let's be real, because of them not having a conference they need to get I mean, they don't have they can't go win a league and get in, right, So like they they're gonna they're gonna benefit from this two meeting. If they've got every every year they're playing one of the ACC or maybe two of the ACC's best teams, you know, it could mean that they lose those games. But also they're gonna they're gonna need that, right because they're games that they play against teams every year, like Navy. I mean that that's not it. That's it's not a resume game. Their game every year against USC. I guess it really just depends. Didn't they played USC this year? Didn't they think they did at the very end. Yeah, And then who's their other rival? I feel like they have another rival that they play every year Notre Dame does is it Michigan?
Speaker 1: Maybe that one's been on and off, and weirdly enough, Purdue is also been okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So again they could have a down year on their schedule like they did this year. If you remember, that was a big that was a big part of the conversation about Notre Dame this year. They looked like they had a more manageable schedule than ever, and they slipped up and lost NIU early, and you know, looked like they were going to be screwed, and sure enough, they made it all the way to the National Championship Game. So again, it's good news for the ACC overall. I think that any belief that the league may actually dissolve before twenty thirty six, I think today's news confirms that won't happen. And nobody's going to be leaving because they can't. And I think if you are a if you're a Clemson and you're worried about having such a gap between you and South Carolina with revenue, if you're Florida State and you cannot believe that, you know, Florida is getting way that much more than you now, and even little old Central Florida in the Big Twelve, although they're not they're not getting what Florida's getting, they're getting close to what you're getting. Like that, that kind of stuff matters to people. But now if you are a big revenue producer, you're gonna get way more and it'll probably, I mean certainly it's going to close the gap with the you know, because that's the thing when when you're peers in other conferences that you do kind of compare yourself to understandably your fans do. That's that's why that stuff matters. So you know, to be able to close that gap by bringing viewership and you know, having success. It won't be I mean, heck, I don't. Maybe maybe it'll actually close the gap more so than I'm expecting. But again, good news for the ACC. All right, it's coffee and company. Fee about Thorton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. If you if you thought, hey, I recognize that voice, not mine the other and it's it's it's him, folks, He's back the company man, mister John Alden has made his way back here with us for the afternoon, filling in for Austin who's out and he's been up since what three o'clock in the morning. That's right, I mean, goodness, gracious, are you running on fumes?
Speaker 3: I'm actually feeling pretty good.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you see, you seem like you, you know, like this is like you didn't get up in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: This is usually the time of day when I'm taking my mid afternoon nap.
Speaker 2: Though how or how I cannot see you being a nap guy. But again, okay, I was gonna say, because you kind of have to be. But also, am I right in the assumption that if it wouldn't have been for this current schedule with with your gig, Like I just can't see you ever being like I'm gonna take a nap, like it's right and there seems so not you, which I mean that as a compliment. Naps can be great, but like you know, it's not productive by any means.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: There are days when I nap longer than I want to, and at that point it makes me feel like I've wasted the rest of my day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even though it's yeah, even though you know it's part of like what is very much much normal and really needed because of the of the schedule, I just that's the one for naps. I mean, I feel worse, like I feel groggy and just like you know, I'm always grumpy after a nap, and I feel like you're not sick, but just kind of like man like I don't know, lethargic, I suppose, And I just feel bad mentally because I'm like I didn't need that nap. I could have got something done, even if it would have been spending three hours on TikTok. You know, maybe maybe that was good for brain activity. Maybe it was actually sleep may actually be better at that point. But anyways, I haven't even got to the Indiana Hoosiers just yet. And and trust me, I'm not going to have you. I know you probably don't want to talk about them a whole lot. But is it safe to say that, regardless of what happens the rest of the way, meaning like tournament or not, I mean, Woodson, he had a team that shouldn't be in this position, and I mean, I don't know if they're going to fire them, And that's not what I'm asking you to answer, But no doubt like that. Our conversations during the summer, during the offseason were pretty consistent that one thing that was beneficial for Indiana fans, not only with him going out and building a really good roster, was that you're going to know, right like, if he's in this position, the one that he's in now, it's a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it is interesting. They play Purdue tomorrow, of course, the biggest rival, and he has had not recently. He did have produced number for a little while in the early going part of his tenure. I do think a win on the road in Machi Arena can at least buy him some additional grace if that makes sense for maybe the next couple of weeks, and they do have a decent stretch coming up where if they're able to win some games, especially on the road that they're not supposed to, maybe you can kind of turn things around. But at the same time, I'm kind of I'm pretty much squarely in the boat knowing that this is not going to work out, even though there are some chances to turn some things around. But yeah, that's kind of where things are out. We knew that with the roster put together, if you didn't put the results together, like the wins and that sort of thing, you knew that the ship would kind of sail with Mike Woodson.
Speaker 2: Well, And I think I'd be a real phony to act as if I watch it close enough to know that like he's terrible at this or at that. But I just I think it's just hard to to to look at Indiana being where they are and not assume that, like the coaching is just not I mean, even if it's not because he's drawn up bad sets or whatever, it's just not working right, Like he's not he's not getting what you need to get out of a team. Because I still stand by what I said Indiana has good players. They do, even even maybe you know, some of the guards that transferred in aren't necessarily you know, as good.
Speaker 3: Don't like he utilized it correctly.
Speaker 2: And again that I just I feel like it's not to say he's done something crazy, but you kind of mean you kind of yeah, he's he's he's the factor, And why they're not good doesn't mean he's a terrible coach, but like they should be better, and I feel like if they're coached by somebody else, I think they'd maybe be substantially better. We'll never know. Maybe that's unfair to say, but like, I don't want to act like he's the worst coach ever because I don't believe that. But I mean, well, I'll.
Speaker 3: Say this real quick too.
Speaker 1: There's been a number of losses, not the most recent losses, but the first five of the season. We're all blowouts, of course, including when when Louisville took him to the woodshed in the Battle for.
Speaker 3: Atlantis, and in those games.
Speaker 1: You've said this before too, Nick, those teams kind of look like Kenny Payne unprepared type teams. Oh that's that's not a recipe for success in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: I feel like at times when Indiana does play well and they end up getting a win, or maybe they compete more so than you expect. I mean, I just think it's because they have Like I mean, Malik renew is a good player. I mean, bollow is Actually his numbers are phenomenal. He's lazy beating double double. Yeah, but like he's he's he's talented. Which of the which of the two guards has ended up actually being pretty good?
Speaker 1: Miles Rice has been good? Yeah, Canaan carlysle he's he's been relegated to a bench roll. Yeah, there's there's games where he comes off. It comes off the bench, doesn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember Rice is somebody that didn't play well early on, but then since then, like he's kind of gotten more comfortable, and like I just they should be better. And the big ten's not scary good at all, you know what I mean, Like it it just isn't so I you know, we'll see again. There's still a bubble team. I think I saw ANARTI has them as one of the last four out, so they'll have opportunities. But I think even that like he kind of reminds if he makes the tournament and they lose in the round of sixty four in a close game to like a to like a non seed and they're an eight seed or whatever it is. That would be at that point better than I would have said today that I thought they would do. But it would put you, in my opinion, in no man's land because he got back to the tournament, but he should have been better. It would be like Sadderfield when he went when he went was it six and six or seven and five? Yeah, when he went seven and five and his last year, like yeah, I mean that's not a fireable offense. But like he can't you can't really fire him. He didn't, he wasn't terrible.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing I've talked about a few times this week, because of course, with perdue being tomorrow, a lot of people are saying, you know what, if you're ready to pull the plug now, And not that Indiana would fire him if this happened, but if they get ransacked by Purdue, lose bout twenty or thirty points, I mean, that could be the tipping point that just kind of says, Okay, we know that we know that this is not going to where we've known now for a couple of weeks. But now that you're getting destroyed by your rival once again, we can't we can't deal with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean honestly, uh, let's be real, Like the volume goes up a lot of notches for those that are already complaining about what's and if you have a very demoralizing loss to your rival, I mean, it just it's different. Right, you can lose to Rutgers bout twenty or Purdue by twenty. There's going to be different emotions just because it's it's there's clearly it's a different world when it comes to what you're you know how your fans value those wins. So we shall see. But again I still think just looking at the numbers and what I've seen, like they've got I mean follows again he said he's a walking double double like he's mean, he's one of those guys that is giving you every bit on the stat sheet that you hope to get when you made him a very wealthy man through an il. All right, we'll get back to the phone lines in just one second text line as well. However, I haven't mentioned this just yet, and I should big news yesterday as soon as the show came to an end. It wasn't I believe expected. Maybe it was by some I'm not sure. I'm not super connected, but Danny buspom Kelly leaving Louisville to go to Nebraska because Nebraska's head coach has finally finally retired. So you know, it's bittersweet. You know, she had such a great run here, and I guess there's really nothing good about it as far as the sweet part of the bitter and sweet saying. But it's hard to be like I mean, not only is it understanding that she would go back home and take over that legendary program that is where she's from. She's made it clear since she's been here that she would do this, you know, like I don't even again. Volleyball still one of those things that when I do talk about it and acknowledge sort of what she's done by making this program so successful during her time here, but also getting fans interested in a way that like I would have never expected, like perfect timing. We're volleyballs growing in popularity because it's a great TV product. You can be such a casual and easily understand it and be entertained by it and Oh, by the way, if you're a Louisville fan, your team's been pretty damn good. So it was the perfect storm. She's been great. But you know, when she was building this thing and they were locking her down as best they could, I mean, she always was transparent that this was going to happen, and here and here it did happen. So you know, I would imagine that she'll continue to be super successful wherever she goes and as far as where the program is, you know, in the in the future. I mean, I know there's a lot of folks that feel confident that that that her successor her assistant coach whose name is escaping me right now. Yeah, I mean I get it, like things are going well, let's just let's see if this guy's got the got the ability to kind of keep it rolling and kind of just keep this success continuing. But clearly she was. She was awesome. But I really feel like knowing that you're not starting all the way over right, you're just kind of propping somebody up from your staff. Again, you have no clue if it's gonna work out. But you know, there's a lot of pieces still around that that helped make that thing successful. But yeah, shout out to Danny Bus from Kelly. She made me a college volleyball viewer and man a big time fan of her teams, not only because you know, I'm always pulled for Louisville and anything, because that's just all I know how to do. But they were good and they were fun to watch, and I would imagine that you know, she she probably you know, I guess it's probably bittersweet for her because you know, she doesn't want to leave Louisville. I think she loves it here. But you know, that's home to her, and that's a great program. And congratulations to her. All right, let's go to the phone line. Five two five seven seventy nine hundred is the number if you want to jump in and give us a call. We'll get back to the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line as well. But let's welcome in. Let's welcome in, Austin. Austin. You're on Sports seven ninety. What's happening?
Speaker 4: Hey? What's hard on?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 2: Not much? Brother?
Speaker 4: The first off, yesterday my dad Aaron called in, and so today I'm calling in. Okay, but uh, I'm the first time. I'm the first time coming happy to have you. I'm twenty two years old and I've been a Kentucky fan my whole life, but I really started getting invested in that twenty eleven twenty twelve season. So cal was the coach that I grew up watching. You asked if Kentucky fans would hear boo here in that Arkansas game. Me, personally, I would do if I were there, because he's the opposing coach, uh and he left us for an SEC rival, And it's as simple as that. I don't really get the whole hype behind it.
Speaker 2: Meaning my question, when you say you don't get the whole hype, do you mean like you don't think it should be as big of a storyline as others think it should be. Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I know, I know that he's coming back and everything, but like it, I feel like it would be expected to get booed because you're an opposing coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Rick Patino got booed, and he he left on I mean he did go back to the rival, so that's different. But I mean Rick was I mean, you weren't alive yet, but Rick was the rock star in a way that I really have never seen anybody else be at that time in Kentucky. But no, I hear you. I mean, look, I think cheering the opposing coach, even if it is a guy that you know you appreciate his time, it's still it would be an awkward thing for fans because you know, you want to win regardless of who it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but my question to you, uh is if Saint John's and Kentucky played, Let's say, I guess this year's tournament, who are you cheering for? And I'll get off here and listen and also shout out to my dad, Aaron.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Aaron and Austin. Thank you for the call. Austin. I appreciate it a family affair. Good to hear from your dad yesterday, and appreciate you calling in today and making your debut with us. Yeah, I mean I don't have I would probably I'll put it this way. I wouldn't be cheering as far as like really like, oh I hope that shot goes in. And now I'm not by the way, when I say cheering, I'm not talking about like I would be up shaking pom palms and yelling at the TV. That's really only Louisville, and I hadn't done it in a long time. Man, I'm doing a lot this year with this team because they're so fun to watch. So when it comes to like the preferred outcome of that I would want it. I think I would want it to be Rick, but man, it would be tough. But I don't really have any I mean, I take Rick for what it is, and we're gonna play Rick Matino, by the way, because he talked earlier today and was encouraging Kentucky fans to not boo Caliperi when he comes back. Which Rick is really really good at everything, really, but he's really really good at making it about him and what really if you think about it as an obvious thing, but he's he got you. He's got you in the palm of his hands to where you don't really realize it. He injected himself into whole, into the Mark Pope higher like I'm sure Pope would have shown him some love one of his guys like Rick, Like, Rick's gonna make it about him, he always has, always will, but he does it in a way to where I don't think a lot of people realize it. And look, he's somebody that will always be able to just say things and that you know are nonsense or big exaggerations, and he just tells his tales and we sit back and listen. You know who else did that? John cal Perry, I mean, but cal Perry of course fell off there in a way that Rick didn't. But yeah, I would, I would. I would probably prefer to see Saint John's win that game, because again for me, even on Saturday with Arkansas and Kenny being on Cal's staff, I just don't know if they'll ever be a basketball game where Kentucky's playing, And I am not hoping that they lose, because it's just how it works in a rivalry. But I don't know. We'll learn on Saturday if I find myself saying, you know, go Kats, I mean, and then then then I, oh, one, I'll probably have my wife take me to the emergency room to see what's wrong with me. But you know, I'll know that that's how That's how much I guess, maybe like Pope and Kentucky or probably more than anything, just I still am always gonna enjoy seeing caw lowse a quick break will come back on the other side. We got to talk about the piece of news that came out today in regards to Terry Rozier is certainly not good if in fact it is true, And we got a lot of other stuff we need to get to. But I gotta quit yap and get to break because we're up against it. Here a little longer segment than usual, but that's okay, it happens. It's coffee and company. Feel about Thorn's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety two. Things I did not expect to be real and of course be topics to an extent on the show today, Terry Rozier is apparently well. I shouldn't say that it's happened because we don't know, but he is. He's being investigated by the FBI for being connected to the same gambling ring that probably gave us the wow. I mean, certainly in modern history when it comes to athletes shaving points, getting caught up in sports wagering, John say Porter, you know, betting on his own games, shaving points quite literally, texting the you know, the leaders of this group during games, like at halftime about what he's going to do and what they should do. I mean, that's why he's not only being held accountable legally, but also he's banned for life from the NBA. And I mean I mean that he the NBA would never shut down, but I mean like if it did be if there was the NBA's got its own problems, but if there was ever a point where quite literally nobody believed it was real like it. You know, people were out here doing this and you just every play you thought, Okay, well that guy's probably in on it. I mean that sacrifices the livelihood of everybody involved in the NBA. So you have to make examples out of people. So what apparently has has led to them looking into Rosier for quite some time is that when they're going back and looking at the gambling habits of those that were brought down in this this big bust that they made months ago, those people who bet heavily on what Porter were doing. Porter was doing you know random to by the way, Johntay Porter's not I mean, you can get odds for anybody, but John Say Porter is somebody that you know, because of his playing time. You know, if he had a an over set, he could you know, he didn't play enough to where he could have one bad player two bad plays here and there that would that would make it to where he understandably wouldn't meet certain lines that were met. So you know, those same people that were betting heavily were also betting heavily on on Rosier, and again that's that's that's not good. So it says here this is from Front Office Sports, that federal prosecutors have been investigating whether Rosier manipulated his performances as part of an illegal sports betting scheme. The ring accused of conspiring with John Say Porter also bet heavily against Rosier in a twenty twenty three game for the Hornets. So this has been going on since you know, I mean I imagine, I mean hadn't been going on recently because these guys this this this illegal sports betting ring. I mean, they've they've been taken down. But when they're looking at what they were betting on, I'm curious, was it one or I mean, I would imagine for to get to this point, it wouldn't be that there's just one game they made a big wager. But if they see a pattern in a history, it would give them the assumption that they are they they had they either they are talking with Terry or they know somebody that is. But Pat forty of Yahoo just put up a piece. I'm sorry not yeahoo previously ya who now Sports Illustrated. He put this up just within the last few minutes and I haven't been able to read it in its entirety, but yeah, it's just it's mentioning the well. Yeah, in fact, I guess there's a little more context here, more so I guess opinion than anything. But Terry, if you remember, he did play for the for the Charlotte Hornets for a little while and that's when this was alleged to have been been happening. That you know, they believe he was manipulating his own stat line to help, you know, make money, which clearly shaving points, that's what it is. But that Terry was was a big was was complaining, fans were upset with him. Fans thought he wasn't playing well and that maybe he wasn't like, maybe he wasn't real obvious if he was, in fact out they're shaving points because that led to him getting traded to the Heat. So yeah, the Wall Street Journey originally reported it. But I'm going to try to read the rest of this this article from forty. He usually has you know, some good info, good tidbits in his his reporting, so I mean, I'm not sure if there's more to it right now, but certainly something to keep an eye on. Terry, one of the better guards that's played here in my lifetime, didn't ever play in a Final four, and really he only had I mean, he played on that as a freshman, and certainly, you know, you could tell he had talent, but he broke out as a sophomore in a major way and obviously ended up being a lottery pick and just a hell of a player. Fan favorite. Good story, but this would be awful and you know, one of those things that you may find a way to not call the guy, you know a bad guy. Maybe at the end of the day, it was him trying to do something for somebody that he cared. I mean, again not to say you can justify it as if it was the right thing to do, but you maybe learn about it and you don't feel as if you know, he's still a terrible person. But if anything, just really stupid, I mean, just I don't understand how anybody in professional sports would would consider, even for a millisecond the risk reward here. I mean, it's one of the stupidest things you can do as an athlete to ruin your career. I mean, it's a lot of stupid things you could do, but I mean, this is the money that you could make from betting. I mean you could make that money. I mean, like, it's just so stupid, and you also are stupid to probably think that you can get away with it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Somebody brought this up on the text line of a moment ago that there have been some some college basketball insiders that that are now reacting to this story today and saying that there's belief that there's some college players that have that have been involved in it as well. There been, like you know, there's been Twitter stuff out there about that, but I don't believe there's ever been any legitimate reporting that they were investigating guys who played college basketball, meaning like you know, high level guys that you watch in big games. But I got to say, if it does become something that we find out is real and they're looking into it, I don't know how surprised I'd be. But there is a random tweet from nearly two years ago that has resurfaced, and it's just wild how Twitter can can can give us this and maybe you think this is not even worth mentioning, but there's a guy that is a sports better content creator in that world. And back in let's see when this was March of twenty twenty three. Here's what he tweeted, is there any reason why there are zero Terry Rozier props on any books or daily fantasy sports sites out tonight? That I missed something very odd? Well, then he responded to it later that night his own tweet and said, and now Roseer plays just nine minutes and then is out the rest of the game? Question mark conspiracy theist are going to run with this one. So that was tweeted out on March twenty third of twenty twenty three, so roughly two years ago, a little bit underd two years ago. And I would imagine that they were looking at I mean, I'm sure he was taking off the boards because they were at least looking in to see if maybe he was in on it. And I don't know what I'm curious about is you would think by now they'd be able to know if he is or isn't. And today's report the news that broke from the Wall Street Journal. I mean it really, it just says that they are looking, that they're investigating it, and it's because of this, meaning the same people that were trying to make money off of the Johntay Porter stuff, they were also doing the same thing with Terry. So you know, he's not been found guilty yet, but certainly not a good look. Another story really quickly that has the same element to it, where something comes out and you can go back in Twitter years ago and see that, Okay, maybe there were some signs, maybe some things you see on Twitter that you now just assume there's no way that can be true. Maybe you then realize that you know it is true. But Justin Tucker again I meant to mention this earlier, but Rosier being involved in a gambling ring. That's not something I expected to ever talk about. Also, Justin Tucker, the kicker for the Ravens, being a guy who's been banned from massage parlors in Baltimore because he's I guess, pretty upfront about what he wants. He doesn't just want his back rubbed, if you know what I'm saying. He wants to tug as well. Not something you'd ever expect, but here we are. And then I mean, this is I swear to you, this is absolutely this is absolutely one of those one of those things that you would see and just assume, well, that's random. There's no way that's true. And by the way that that's the news is that he has been the newsbrook earlier that he there's been he's been accused of inappropriate behavior by six different Baltimore area massage therapists and the investigation is being done by the Baltimore Banner. And you know it's now out there that they're looking into it. Well, sure enough, you go back to twenty twenty one, four years ago, somebody's tweeted out Justin Tucker is canceled. But it's not my place to provide the reason. Let's just say he's been told by many massage places to never come back. So that comes out again November of twenty twenty one. Well, then somebody's been able to dig up a couple of more tweets that came out. These are from also around the same time. Justin Tucker must not have received his happy ending that he forced the masseuse to give him this week, probably because he's banned from every spaw in Baltimore. Another one fun fact, Justin Tucker does something prematurely and it's banned from multiple salons in Baltimore. I couldn't say the word, or I probably could, but I didn't want to. But I think you know what I'm getting at. So, I mean, both are probably saying their innocence. So I shouldn't just assume that this proves that it's real. But there were, Like I mean, all the Rozier thing does is confirm that they were looking into it. If they were taking him off of me, somebody played a lot of minutes, had a big role, and if you weren't allowed to do any get any action on him as far as sports books or the daily fantasy stuff, then that's that is highly unusual. And now we know why. Now will they be able to prove that he did have involvement or will we find out that he did. I don't know, same thing with Justin Tucker. I mean, these are just accusations. But you know the fact that it came out from Rando's just in Baltimore that maybe knew one of these massuses, I mean kind of makes it seem like something did happen. I don't know, is that a thing massuses? That doesn't sound like.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a fake word. But I think you're correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know, I'm sure I'm not correct, but yeah, it just sounded weird. It's one of those things. I said this the other day on the show John. There's a guy that plays for Duke and his name is Khan Canipple, and that is how you say his name. But I've never heard anybody say it and not sound as if they're they know they're saying it wrong, Like there's no way that's somebody's name. Kan k Nipple.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: So when I say messuses, I just feel like I feel like I'm I'm making up a word. But anyways, we got to get to a break, quick, quick break. We'll come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along. I really enjoyed seeing all these quotes from anonymous coaches that Jeff Borzello ESPN included in an article. All these coaches talking about Pat Kelsey and Louisville and what this team's been able to do. And it probably doesn't surprise you they're saying the exact same things we are so we can discuss that, and we'll let you hear Patino tell UK fans to not boot Caliperry. I'll do that. So any of the Louisville fans that have texted in today answering the question that I put out there, You're probably not gonna be too high too low about anything. But if you can pick the outcome, what are you picking? And you can't say, of course both lose. Do you want Kenny Payne and Caliperi to come into Lexington And and really, I mean that's another thing for me. I was going to say, put a big stain on their special season. It really wouldn't do that, And that's one of those things that just makes sports great. A loss here would only I mean, it wouldn't be good for your resume, but it wouldn't knocked out of the tournament. It wouldn't change the ceiling people think you have. It would be looked at as a fluke loss for Kentucky because Cali Perry showed back up and his team was ready to play and they got too tight. But like, it wouldn't really change much for you. But yet it also I know there's fans that would maybe take two losses to other teams before they take this one, just because of the emotion that comes with it. And that's what makes sports great, is like rivalries. And this is a weird way to frame the Cal Kentucky situation because it's not a rivalry, but you know, it's there's He's not just any other coach either. It's kind of like when LOUISLL and Kentucky played each other in both football and basketball. More often than not. There are some exceptions, but more often than not, it's really just about bragging rights for fans. But yet it means so much to you. It's a higher high when you win, and it's a lower low when you lose. So but again, anyways, the LOUISLL fans that have answered have all said that they don't see themselves in in any way rooting for Kentucky. So you know, somebody just wrote woo pig suuy, so I guess that tells me that they're pulling for for Arkansas. All right, let's talk about the lot of men's clinic fellas. I know there's a lot of you out there that feel like any acknowledgment about maybe a rectilis function or maybe about potentially having low testosterone. You just, you know, you block it out of your mind as soon as it maybe comes up in your mind because you think it's weak and there's no way. You're a man, you're tough, and I get it, Like I understand how that works, But have you ever considered that, you know, it's also just kind of taking care of yourself being healthier. I mean, for me, I didn't really know what low testosterone meant. I mean, I know what testosterone is, but when I would hear of low T and low testosterone, I wouldn't necessary. I just kind of put it in the same boat as like a rectiltis function, and it's not the same. I mean, it's a totally different thing. So, you know, just uninformed, ignorant to it all. For many years, I just assumed it was older people and you get older and you no longer produced testosterone, which of course that can happen. That's normal, but it's also very normal in people that aren't in their forties or fifties. You could be in your late twenties. I mean, heck, for a variety of reasons, you can have low testosterone even when you're a young A young stallion you know, just just depends on your situation. But for me, I felt like I lost my edge. I no longer was able to kind of put in the same work in the in the in the gym that I that I that I used to, and I stopped seeing even like results that I was used to getting from the workouts. I was lethargic. Really, I just kind of lost my edge.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I developed some some real pudge that just didn't seem to make a lot of sense, right, excess belly fat, maybe some mooves, and I'm just thinking, this doesn't make sense. Maybe there's something wrong with me. And initially I just thought that it could be something, you know, maybe it's something something about, you know, my my thyroid or something, because I know people whove had thyroid issues that have caused that kind of stuff. And then after a while, I'm like, you know what, like all these symptoms they're talking about, even like my mental health, like maybe I have low tea. So I decided to go reach out to our partners Lovell Men's Clinic, and I got to go meet doctor Wood, and he educated me on a lot of things and really explained sort of how common it can be and how if you go to your doctor and they check your levels, they're not going to be alarmed by it, because it's not like it's a gigantic health risk to have low TEE for your age, but your testosterone should be at in a certain range depending upon your age range. And that's something that you know, a lot of people don't know. So they check my levels, and mine were not at all where someone my age should be. In fact, they were, I mean they were at a level of somebody old enough to be my dad or older than my dad. And that wasn't great to hear, but it kind of also was because it explained, Okay, that's why these things have been happening for really the last year and a half. So sure enough, I started taking testosterone treatment and I've been doing it for over a year now, and I mean just I mean, it's not like I've changed a whole lot about my lifestyle, but having my levels where they need to be, it's just, you know, everything in life's been better, sleeping better, better workouts. I mean, it's it's something that I wish I would have looked into a lot earlier, but better late than ever. And I know there's some people listening right now that are probably like thinking the same thing, like, well, you know, I don't. I don't know if I have the same edge anymore. Maybe my you know, maybe my sex drive is not where it should be. Maybe maybe I'm getting man boobs and I don't know why because I'm not changing anything about my diet and I'm still exercising. It could be low t So give them a call over at the louis Men's Clinic favebo two four four four four thousand. Check them out online at Louisville Men's Clinic dot com. All right, let's uh, let's do this. Let's take a break. We'll come back and finish strong here on the five o'clock the hour. We got one more hour left, and we'll certainly make the most of it. We'll get back into the basketball conversation. And I mentioned this earlier, but ESPN's Jeff Borzell will put together an article and it has a lot of quotes from ACC coaches who just opposing coaches that have played Louisville this year. And I just can't get enough of hearing people rave about this team and how special of a season it's been so far, and how we're healing, and you know, it seems like we're getting we're getting. If we're not back, we're getting there. And it's it's been fun. So stick around one hour left right here on Sports Talk seven ninety