Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner.
Speaker 2: Clurk get them dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 3: Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 1: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it. Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 1: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 1: If you won't it, I got it. Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 2: I got it? Best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 6: Fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 2: Ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Tim kas Hi, everybody, and welcome into Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck your official Dodger pregame show as your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers are back home to take on the New York Yankees. After a three and three road trip that in it with a tough loss in Cleveland, the Dodgers now back home for the start of the seven game homestand all New York home stand. The Yankees in town for three and then at four game set against the match tonight, the start of a rematch of last year's World Series. Tony Gonsolin, who did not participate in the Fall Classic. He will be on the mound for the Dodgers first pitch coming up at seven and ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino, Dodgers on deck, you are going to hear from the Dodger manager and Dave Roberts that's coming up in about twenty minutes. We'll dive deeper into this pitcheam match with Max Freed on the mound. Returning back to Southern California for the Yankees, David Batsay will join us throughout the pregame show. He'll go one on one with tay Oscar Hernandez, who had a great regular season and postseason against the Yankees in twenty twenty four. We got your Dodgers magical moment and in just a few minutes, we'll check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. At the Galvin Motors Broadcast Booth well Wednesday in Cleveland, Kershaw was on track for her first win of this and until he wasn't. Clayton Kershawk got the start the future Hall of Famer five innings, gave up one run on six hits while striking out three. He gave up a run in the first but then limited the damage the rest of the way. Meanwhile, the Dodgers' offense finally came alive in the fourth inning. Te Oscar Hernandez a one out double and the two batters later, Will Smith and RBI double that tied the game. Had won the next batter and he Pies.
Speaker 7: Will leads at second base. He represents the go ahead run pitch to Piz that is in the right field of base. It will's gonna turn third and come to the plate. No, well, we'll get it to the plate. It'll be cut off by Santana. Smith comes in to score and the Dodgers have taken a two to one lead.
Speaker 2: When the Dodgers do the little things, and by Andy Pies, we talked so many times about him swinging at the first pitch of it at bat well, he took strike one because it was not a good hitters pitch in strike one, that's the biggest difference.
Speaker 6: Harbi single for Pajz Dodgers a two to one leading. The six Dodgers added on Freddie Freeman and RBI single that scored Mookie Betts.
Speaker 1: Dodgers were leading the Guardians three to one.
Speaker 6: In the seventh, they attacked on another run when Kicky Hernett has scored on a wild pitch, Dodgers a four to one lead. On Wednesday in Cleveland, Clayton Kershaw went the five innings, turned it over the bullpen for the rest of the way. In the seventh, though, the Guardians started to chip away. Lou Trevino and RBI single gave up to Carlos Santana Dodgers a forty two lead. The eight ten Or Scott got into trouble. First three batters he faced all reach base. Two batters later, with the bases loaded, Nolan Jones a two runs single to left that tied the game at four. Clayton Kershaw no longer in line for the win and the Guardians weren't done. Alex Vessia took over. First batter he faced on Hell Martinez.
Speaker 7: As he comes set to go and the left handers pitch on the way to Martinez, swung on and driven to left and deep.
Speaker 8: This ball is back and this ball.
Speaker 1: Is barn on.
Speaker 8: Hell Martinez breach Outpacia with a three run home run and the Guardians lead it seven to four, third home run of the season for Martinez. Vessia grooved him a fastball right down the middle and Martinez hammered it into the left field seats.
Speaker 6: Three run home run for Martinez. That's the top Tier player of the game, brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for last Guardians with six unanswered runs, including five runs in the eighth, they come back and beat the Dodgers on Wednesday, seven to four in the series finale in Cleveland. The loss it stings does is the Dodgers had a chance to sweep the Guardians. Instead, they head home with a three and three road trip. The positive they still hold a two game lead atop the NL West and now they're back home for a seven game homestand first up, it's a rematch of the World Series Dodgers and Yankees. Tony Gonslin on the mound, first pitch of seven to ten and with more we head over to the Galvin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: Guys, All right, Tim.
Speaker 9: It is a scorching hot Friday at Dodgers Stadium, coming off an off day in a road trip, mod the Dodgers are back at Dodgers Stadium, where they had dominated this year nineteen and eight. Here at home, and you know what, we're bearing the lead for the first time in two hundred and twelve days. It's Dodgers and Yankees, a rematch of last year's World Series Mole. I will never forget that night with you and Dwayne in the Bronx.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you weren't bearing the lead, you were just holding back and then going for the crescendo. That's exactly what it was one at crescendo. It was two hundred and twelve days ago in the Bronx. So a lot of water has gone under the bridge. The Dodgers would like to be more healthy than what they are at this particular time. And then no one's crying or not a tiered coming down to anyone's cheek as they look at the defending world champions thirty four and twenty two, arguably the two best teams in baseball are playing here. There would be some arguments maybe in the other other dimension on that end of it, but if we're looking at what the Yankees have done recently, they're thirty five and twenty. The Dodgers thirty four and twenty two. Yankees come in a rock solid as far as the hitting aspect. Man, the Dodgers did not get good news on their shortstop earlier today, who was originally in the lineup.
Speaker 9: As Mookie Betts, and the hits keep bond coming for the Dodgers. Man all year, we have said they have not clicked on all cylinders because they've hardly run on all cylinders. They really haven't from start to finish to this point in the year, they haven't been a fully healthy team.
Speaker 3: And now Mookie Bets fairly stubbed his toe.
Speaker 9: Well, we're still waiting on the exact details of what happened with Mooki when the Dodgers got backed from the road trip returning from Cleveland, but apparently putting on a shoe was tough enough for him to say today that he cannot play in this game against the Yankees. And you know, Mookie's a guy that wants to be out there on the big stage against the idea.
Speaker 2: I did like Dave's answer one of the members of the media, as Dave said, well, is Mookie available maybe to come off the bench and hit today? He goes yes, and go over until Aaron Boone. Yeah, Mookie is available, So there's a little bit of a showmanship that's going on there. We have no idea of the only thing that we can tell you it's on the left foot. We're not exactly certain or was Dave as far as the toad, but we can tell you it's bad enough where he had difficulty putting on a shoe.
Speaker 9: The positive side of that is that Dave Roberts said he felt confidence saying Mookie was day to day. The unfortunate side of the injury coin again for the Dodgers. Today, Dave Roberts announced he told our own David Bassay that Evan Phillips is going to require Tommy John surgery and that's going to knock him out for the rest of this year and into next year. And keep in mind, Evan Phillips is going to be a free agent after next year.
Speaker 3: And you hurt for Evan.
Speaker 9: Because he's one of the sweetest guys in Major League Baseball and given what he has meant to the back end of the bullpen the last handful of seasons.
Speaker 3: Well, this is really just it's crushing on a number of front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a big, big blow and if we're looking over all at the bullpen, they need some help, and by help, I'm talking about from the starting pitching, because the bullpen for the Dodgers have thrown more innings to more hitters and made more pitches than any other bullpen in Major League Baseball, and again that is not sustainable over the entirety of the season.
Speaker 9: So that's the assignment for Tony Gonsolan tonight, the Dodgers starter against the hometown kid, Max Freed. We're gonna break down that match up and get into a couple more keys the next time we visit with you, Tim back to you.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks a lot nellis we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or of your Shaky Speed said Shaking, and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you are gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We're gonna check you with Davinbassay throughout the show. We're gonna hear from Tay Oscar Hernandez coming up in about forty minutes. We're also get your Dodgers a magical moment. That's all coming up, including an injury report. So much to get to here at Dodger Stadium. As we lead you up to first pitch on this Friday night, it's the.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and New York he.
Speaker 6: Ate a rematch of the twenty twenty four World Series.
Speaker 1: First pitch at seven ten. Exst you being with us.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Yankees on this Friday nine. A sold out Dodgers Stadium is expected as they opened the gates early to get Dodger fans inside the stadium excited and ready to go. Tony Gonsolin Max Freed to pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 5: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 6: Well on Wednesday in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: It was a quiet.
Speaker 6: Afternoon for show Hey Otani. Oer for three with the walk as we close out the month show Heyotani in the month of May hitting June ninety seven in ops, over one thousand and thirteen of his home runs coming this month of May, along with twenty five runs batted in. And just to think there's two more games to go here in the month of maybe before we flipped the calendar to June. Clayton Kershaw out here on the field of Dodger Stadium playing catch with his young kids. Is he is not pitching tonight? He was on the mound for the Dodgers on Wednesday. He left the game with the lead and ready to get to win his first and twenty twenty five. Remember, started the season on the injured list coming back from toe and knee surgery. Still winless on this season after a no decision, and here's Clayton Kershaw afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the first sitting was pretty rough.
Speaker 10: You know, I think Andy making that throw getting that guy out a second was huge for me limited the damage and you know, I'm fighting some stuff mechanically and different things. I was able to make a few pitches here and there to get through five, but obviously wasn't pitching good enough to be able to stay in the game, which you know makes the Bowl been after more innings, and you know, sometimes stuff like this happens, so you know, frustrating for sure, but you know, I think at the same time, there's some there's some progress, still more reps and you know overall, to only give up one run and pitch that bad is a good thing, So just on to the next one.
Speaker 11: That kind of like what you're hitting on last start, Like you just need to kind of need the reps at this point just.
Speaker 10: To kind of, yeah, there's just some stuff I need to just hammer down. I think I've created some bad habits, and you know, just with with not feeling my best, I think I created some bad habits last year, so and then I haven't pitched a while. You know, I haven't pitched in a long time, So there's just some growing pains I think with the first few and you know, physically feel great, just to keep throwing and figuring it out.
Speaker 3: Where do you see that translates?
Speaker 12: It just when the command gets a little inconsistent or kind of exe I.
Speaker 10: Mean, I think at the end of the day, you just you know, when you're going good, you throw a bad pitch, you can make the adjustment on the next one, and right now the adjustments just not happening. So it just comes with time and reps and I hope and we'll just keep doing that.
Speaker 1: All right, there's Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 6: Still doesn't feel like he's ready to get back to that level he was at that We know Clayton Kershaw to be apt, but certainly at his age, may not get back to that form, but certainly good enough to get the win.
Speaker 1: On Wednesday, left with the lead.
Speaker 6: And unfortunately Dodgers bullpen gave it up and a no decision for the future Hall of Famer. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call eat seven to seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agent standing by to take your donation.
Speaker 1: That's Cars with the K to donate your car today.
Speaker 6: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Davin Vess goes one.
Speaker 6: On one of Tay Ascar Hernandez, but up next an injury report and be here from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Yankees first benching Dodgers Stadium in seven to ten. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is MA Wrongo Casino Tech on your home for the Blue All Season law.
Speaker 6: Law Perongo Casino Dodgers on Tech continues live from Dodgers Stadium. First Pitch Dodgers and Yankees coming up at seven ten Morongo Casino Resort and.
Speaker 1: Spa a Grand Slam for good.
Speaker 6: Times Tony Gonsolin and Max Freed the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: More on that coming up, but first.
Speaker 5: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tough day to find out that Evan Phillips is gonna need Tommy John surgery and missed the rest of twenty twenty five and the first half most likely of twenty twenty six, and is Stephen Nelson referred he is a free agent at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Rookie Sasaki on the IL.
Speaker 6: No Mookie Bets in the lineup, his fourth left toe bothered, not in the lineup, getting X rays on that.
Speaker 1: Kirby Yates on the.
Speaker 6: IL Tyler Glass now Blake Snell, Blake trying to Michael Kopek Brusdar ground role.
Speaker 1: A plethora of pictures for the Dodgers. All injured right now.
Speaker 6: All right, we head back down stairs, get the pregame thoughts of the Dodgers, keptberd.
Speaker 7: Anything else, Dave?
Speaker 4: Do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Robberts?
Speaker 13: Uh, So, I guess there was an incident Tuesday night, and so he stubbed his toe. I'm not sure exactly how. So we're getting some X rays taken and as I hear, it's day to day right now, So, uh, that's where we're at right now. No, I think it was kind of you know, I really don't know. I mean, I think it was at home and it's probably you know, a dresser nightstand something like that. So it's it's, uh, you know, just kind of an accident. I mean, I think that Mookie will be able to give more context, but that's kind of from the training training stuff that I heard. So hopefully it's benign, it's negative. I'm not sure, but I do know I feel confident saying it's day to day and it's kind of priss tolerance. But putting on a shoe today was difficult for him, and so yeah, it's his left index toe or left toe. I'm not sure which digit it is. Tuesday, No, it was tuesday, it was well, I'm sorry, it might have been Wednesday night. I'm sorry Wednesday. I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, David, you wonder when it's going to stop, the dealing with this stuff.
Speaker 13: For a long time, it just keeps coming. It's Murphy's law. But yeah, this is a weird one, kind of like Friday the shower. Yeah, there you go, that's right. I forgot about that, thanks, Beth, You know what it's right now, not overly concerned, but obviously it's enough pain that he can't be in the lineup tonight. But you know he'll be in there as soon as he possibly can available or no, excuse me, uh yeah, he's available in a big spot to hit tell air in that.
Speaker 14: We know we can always like and remain calm the course of done with the course of the season. But what about this, like now, how how does this affect university of your team?
Speaker 13: It doesn't. Obviously we're a better ball club with mooking the lineup. I don't see it being long term, but I feel good about his winning winning a ball game tonight.
Speaker 6: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts talking to the media cerily Mookie Betts and the toe not good news day to day. Hopefully he is feeling a lot better in twenty four hours for the second game of this three game series against the Yankees. And of course Evan Phillips gone for the season with Tommy John surgery. All right, that's Dave Roberts down the dug on As we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check you in with the Dodger insider David Vat. Same'll lead you out to the first pitch of Dodger Stadium, Dodgers and Yankees. I'm Tim Kates, is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio that winner.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and Yankee start of a three game center rematch of the World Series from a year ago. Tony Gonsolin Max freed to pitching matchup in this series opener, first bench from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: It's coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 5: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: Is Dodger inside it? David Bai All.
Speaker 6: Right, dB, we got a lot to get to. First off, we heard Dave Roberts talk about it. Mooky Vets hit his toe. Not in the lineup. What's the latest you're hearing on Mookie status moving forward?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tim, I heard about this around two o'clock this afternoon. Mookie was supposed to join us on the pregame show. But obviously this toe injury has put a wrinkle in everybody's plans for it today. And look, if you were a think back to just last year. Dodger catcher Austin Barnes broke his big toe twice last year and only missed ten days. So I don't believe that this fourth digit on Mookie's left toe would keep him out for that long. I feel like he would be able to play through it once they find the right orthotics.
Speaker 1: David has brought to you by Ford.
Speaker 6: If there's one thing we like its choices, of course, find yours with the Ford F one fifty gas Hybrid All Electric Toughness smart YEP can only be called the F one fifty Tanner. Scott blew the game on Wednesday, David.
Speaker 1: And he had a chance to catch up with him earlier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he You know, part of my responsibility is to go into that clubhouse and talk to guys good or bad, and face the music after I've been critical. And in this case, I may have been a little bit out of line because I wasn't in that clubhouse in Cleveland, and the Beat reporters may have made a bad judgment by going to talk to Alex Vesia the right away instead of going to talk to Tanner Scott right away. But nonetheless, I've seen other closers kind of call the reporters over to correct their mistaken judgment. But Tanner is a great guy, and we talked it out, and here was me apologizing to Tanner Scott on the record. Tanner Scott, I'm apologizing to you on the record. I'm a stand up guy. I know there's a reason you explained to me the situation, and I want to apologize to you for saying that you weren't a to speak to the media in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was available.
Speaker 3: I was just waiting.
Speaker 10: I was waiting.
Speaker 3: I didn't know they talked to Vesia exactly.
Speaker 4: If you knew that, you would have grabbed him away from Vessia.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I didn't know they went up to Vision. Why would they go out to Vessia when it was my my guys on base and he came in situation?
Speaker 4: How about it just wore exactly? Are we still good? We still got love?
Speaker 3: I still hate you?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: Perfect? Thanks a lot, Hey that we're on good terms now. See that's how you talk things out, Tim, And that's a great lesson in communication between people.
Speaker 6: Dave, what's the latest as far as the Dodgers bullpen some right handed arms Alexis Diaz they acquired in a trade yesterday Evan Phillips. We heard the news Tommy John surgery. What's gonna happen with those two guys in the role now down there in the bull hill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously disappointing news and something that I kind of felt, unfortunately may eventually happen where Evan Phillips with the right forum symptoms was going to have to have Tommy John surgery and the now nick sense why yesterday they made a trade with the Reds for former All Star closer from just two years ago, Alexis Das And I know Andrew Friedman was on with Petro some money earlier, he explained the dynamics now without Phillips for the rest of the year and possibly a reclamation project in Alexis Das.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, I think if you look ahead to July, I think the most likely area that we'd be looking is that kind of right on right reliever. You know, Phillips filled it as well as anybody in baseball. Diaz has historically been really really good against right delivering. Got a little out of whack that we're going to work with him on and feel like he has a chance to really slide into a media role for us and be able to handle some really good right handed hitters.
Speaker 4: All right. So obviously Andrew Friedman being very candid that yeah, they don't have many right handed relievers. And when Michael Kopek comes back, Tim he's really good at getting lefties out, but he hasn't been that effective against righties.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 6: Time Now for the Dodgers derby, brought to you by sant Anita Park. We're picking tomorrow's third race at Santa Anita. It's one mile on the dirt, currently a six horse race. Damn, who do you like in tomorrow's third race?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: How can I go against Kent Desormo riding Sweet Hello, the number five horse.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go ol Silver the three horse. Good Luck to get to Ola.
Speaker 6: Celebrating ninety years of horse racing and sending in a park every Friday through Sunday with millions of payouts every race day. Get on track for the Belmont Day Wine Festival on the Father's Day. On closing day, the experiences at Santa Anita dot Com.
Speaker 1: Slash events coming up here on Wrongo.
Speaker 6: Because you know Dodgers on deck, You're gonna hear from tay Oscar Hernandez. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next you Dodgers magical moment, don't go anywhere. Dodgers and Yankees. First pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kasey's the world Champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Wrongo Sino Dodgers Hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball Dance.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers and the Yankees rematch of last year's World Series here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: Tony Gonsolin, Max Freed. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 5: Dog who went the hot It's time for the halfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Tails, the.
Speaker 6: Rematch of last year's fall classics. So we go back to Game one of the World Series, October twenty fifth. Here at Dodgers Stadium, the Dodgers and Yankees would go to extra innings, tied at two. The Yankees scored a run in the top half of the tenth inning. Dodgers came back, and the bottom half of the tenth inning the bases were loaded. When up came Freddie Friedman.
Speaker 15: The Yankees three, the Dodgers two. The bases are loaded to out bottom of the tenth, fitting the scenario you dream about. Freddy is living first pitch, swinging high.
Speaker 16: Fly ball in deep, Freddie Freeman channeling is inner, Kurt Dibson, Oh walk up home run in Game.
Speaker 1: One of the World Series.
Speaker 16: They walk up Grand Flam. They celebrate at the play, winners six to three.
Speaker 6: What a moment, What a night at Dodger Stadium, Game one of last year's World Series, Just like nineteen eighty eight, Freddy Freeman with the Grand Slam walk off shot as the Dodgers won Game one of the World Series last year sick to three, as the Dodgers would go on and.
Speaker 1: Win the series in five games.
Speaker 6: This hopey magical moment brought to you by Hoppy hot Dogs Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Happy hot Dogs, local and so great.
Speaker 6: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back.
Speaker 1: You know, Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: So it leads you up to first pitch Dodgers and Yankees of Tim Kase's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all.
Speaker 1: Season low.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Yankees squaring offers some times since the World Series last October, which was the Dodgers won in five games. Tony Gonsolin and Max Freeze the pitching matchup first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 5: And now joined by David Masse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Rick Dodgers Yankees World Series rematch. As you could see already, it has that playoff type of buzz on the field.
Speaker 2: This and the playoff buzz from the moment we saw what the schedule is going to be I love this. Now the Dodgers have to take things in their own hands as they did in the World Series. So you know, here's the deal. I've been looking forward to this for two hundred and twelve days because it's exactly the length of time since Game five of the World Series last year, where the Dodgers came from down five to nothing deficit and quite frankly, the wheels fell off the buggy for the New York Yankees. And you know, there's been some talk going back and forth during the offseason and spring trending as well, including the manager. You look at Aaron Boone, you know, talking about the World Series. There were a couple of comments as well, the Yankees played the sloppy baseball and with the fundamentals, and then Aaron Boone came out and says, well, we hope the team would handle things a little bit classy should we win the World Series. I get it, it goes back and forth, but all the chirping doesn't do anything with what happens on the field. What does take place on the fields. We found out Nookie Betts, who originally in the lineup, he has been scratched, and we don't know when he's going to return either. X rays on a toe of his foot injured at home not too long after the Dodgers arrived back from Cleveland on Wednesday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if Dave Roberts had any hair left, I think he would pull it out after Freddy Freeman falls in the shower. And now this with Mookie.
Speaker 2: Batts and is going to happen. And then we find out also that Evan Phillips, who was on a rehab and hoping that beyond hope that things are going to be all right, they're not going to be all right, and he will undergo Tommy John surgery. He's going to be out for the rest of this season part of next year. That is a huge blow, There's no question about it. So the Dodgers entered this. We talked about it a great links. The Dodgers have fourteen pitchers on the injured list. Seven of those are starting pitchers, and the starting pitchers that are healthy right now are not really cover bring a lot of innings. The bullpen has worked more innings, made more pitches to more batters than any other bullpen in Major League Baseball, and we've talked the other day about that's not sustainable for the rest of the season. Somebody has to start adding a little bit more as far as the number of innings on the front end to stop a tired bullpen. And I don't know how tired they are. They should be tired with a number of innings that they pitched all roight.
Speaker 4: Tired, thin, weary. I think there's so many adjectives to describe what this Dodger bullpen has had to shoulder, going back to even last postseason Herick, that's the residual effect of having those guys shoulder that burden. Trinen's out, Phillips is out, Kopek is out. You can't ignore what they did last October to win the World Series.
Speaker 2: And then Dave Roberts given the update today he's talking about, well, Blake Snell closer than Suzaki and coming back and no idea on Glass now's timing and when he may be coming back or throw the next time out either.
Speaker 4: Well the here and now, Rick, the Dodgers have their hands full tonight with a local kid, your former teammate's protege, Max Freed back at Dodger Stadium, but this time in a Yankee uniform. Undefeated this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if we look at the Yankees, they come on, they've won sixteen to the last twenty and they're run differential in winning those games as sixty two runs, they've outscored the opposing team. So we will we will see what happens. By the way, I don't know if you wash the car that you've talked about, because you say that you're gonna give me a tour of the valley with the top down, and I did to ask you a moment ago. Is the car clean?
Speaker 4: Not at this moment?
Speaker 2: Okay, well it doesn't have to be. We've not really set a date yet, but we will.
Speaker 4: Give me twenty four hours notice. I'll go through the drive through car wash, pick up some in and out, and we'll give you a tour of.
Speaker 2: Just make sure that when you go through the car wash, you have the drive through car wash. Make sure the top's up not down. Already. Thanks for the tip, right, I don't want to talky seat.
Speaker 4: That's why you're my life coach. We'll send it back to you in the studio, tim or in the suite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the sweet thanking DV.
Speaker 6: That's the Dodger game plan. What's your game plan, Dodger fans? How about starting your future to California Community College? Financial aids available to help you with tuition books, Yeah, sometimes even the rents. Time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So in a role today and I can go.
Speaker 1: To college dot com.
Speaker 6: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll have deeper to this pitching matchup. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday will be back with the keys to the game.
Speaker 1: But up next we go high and tight.
Speaker 6: When tay Oscar Hernandez Dodgers Yankees first bitch at seven to ten of Tim Kasin is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio A network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Yankees.
Speaker 6: Sorry, with three game set, first time these two teams have seen each other since the World Series last October. Tony Gonsolin, the Max freed the pitching matchup all time, deeper into the numbers coming up in just a couple of minutes. Dodgers as small as brought to by Zen She sushi. Enjoy the sushi during a quick, affordable meal before, after during the game. Zench handcrafted sushi made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and a tradition. Yep, you can taste it. They got the mango crunchy dragon roll my favorite. They got the spicy tuna roles, the salmon rolls, the tempura shrimp roles. Colin e lovez Thos. They also got the poke bowls as well. Find zen She near the deli counter at Ralphs. Can't miss it. Zench Sushi always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 5: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 1: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers are back in town, facing the New York teams, the teams they beat on the way to the World Series. And we're join right now by one of last year's World Series champions and one of the heroes for the Dodgers, not only last year but this year as well, with the best smile all around Los Angeles, the great ta Oscar Hernandez Tayale. Thank you for the time. Appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Thank you for having me a beautiful day outside. It's gonna be a good series.
Speaker 4: Were you surprised when you came back to la we turned the heat up one hundred degrees this weekend?
Speaker 1: Tale, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like it that hot.
Speaker 11: But you know it's gonna be better than Cleveland and New York definitely, So I can't wait to those days who come and we can enjoy a really good series in here at home.
Speaker 4: I know players take it one game at a time, but us, we are very excited about this rematch from last year. Now that you've taken batting practice, do you feel the excitement in the city about this matchup?
Speaker 13: You know it?
Speaker 11: I think for me and the rest of the team is normal. Obviously. We know that is a big series for the fans for baseball going back from last year to this year, especially because the Yankees they're playing better, they have a better team, Max, They're playing really good right now. So it just you know, it's just gonna be a good show for the fans and for baseball. We just got to enjoy it.
Speaker 4: What do you remember the most about that fifth inning of Game five? Do you remember your big game tying hit. Do you remember what led up to that? What sticks out to you the most?
Speaker 11: I think I remember everything. You know everything about that. They the way the games start, they start really.
Speaker 15: Hot with that.
Speaker 11: But you know, we always believe in the things that we can do on the baseball field.
Speaker 3: We never give up.
Speaker 11: We take some good at bats, we play the game out by outs and especially a fifth inning. We just put some really good at bats together. Of course they make some mistakes, but just powered the games. But thank God that we got those mistakes and the big bats and the big hit at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: How often do you look at the World Series ring?
Speaker 11: Not anymore signs I got it. The last time I saw it was the next day. After that, you know, I'm the guy, the player that the passes the past. Obviously it was a good one last year, but I have to focus on in this one and just skip on.
Speaker 4: Ta Oscar Hernandez is a player that everybody loves. I see that you have friendships even with players on other teams. How well do you know a guy like Aaron Judge. Have you got to know him at the All Star Game or the home run derby? Last year?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 11: You know he got a lot of things to do.
Speaker 4: You do too, You're busy too.
Speaker 11: I know, but not like him. Not like him. You know, Judge is a really good person, excellent player, a Hall of Famer. He's doing excellent this year. You know, it just when you get to watch that guy and show her in the same field, it just I think, I'm glad that I get to see it from the first row. From row, you know, you just enjoy everything that happens to us too.
Speaker 4: I was talking to Cody Bellinger earlier today and he was saying similar things that I'm a good player. Tail is a good player. There's a lot of good players, but those two seem to be at different levels.
Speaker 11: In a different level. They make they make baseball look so easy. I don't think it's that easy, but you know, is good to see those kind of players play with them, against them, play against Judge for a lot of years when I was in Toronto, against show Hey for a lot of years when he was in Anaheim, and you know, get it to watch it like every day, to show Hey and watch everything that Judge is doing is really special. So I'm glad that I get to see those two guys play and play against each other and play together now we should.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the fans in La react to you a little bit differently. I mean, these fans really have become a second family to you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it's very special. The fans from last year, I think I show it on the right. They make everything easier for me when I'm going through a slum or any like difficult on a baseball field. They got my bag. They're always there supporting me. Not only me, so the rest of the team, Tayl.
Speaker 4: It's a real thing. Right Dodger Stadium. You guys playing here, there is a real home field advantage.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, you're gonna get fifty thousand people plus every single day. It doesn't matter who were playing, what day we're playing. You're gonna get the support from from the best fun ever. And I play in a really good cities and I don't think there's any fan base like the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: All right, Tayl. There's nobody like taoscar Hernandez. We want to see a lot of sunflower seeds in your face and everybody else's face this home stand.
Speaker 11: Yes, hopefully we can put a good show for the fence and we get to win the game.
Speaker 4: There it goes everybody's favorite taoscar Hernandez And we're brought to you by Travis Matthew Apparel design for confidence and comfort, no matter where the day takes you, Travis Matthew has you covered. Visit Travismathew dot com and receive twenty percent off your first order when you sign up for email, Tim, We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Perfect time to get that favorite Shaky's Pizza right now before the game, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's a game night, it's grip night, It's Shaky's dot Com. We are leading you up to first pitch on this Friday night, the start of a three game set, a rematch of last year's World Series Dodgers and New York Yankees. Up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere of Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Yankees, the start of a three game set from Dodgers State in rematch of last year's World Series.
Speaker 1: First bench in seven tens, and.
Speaker 5: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Resented by your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard and play hard at a new Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. You're Toyota dealers today. They make it easy. Max Freed on the mound for the Yankees, seven to zero with a one twenty nine Erra, thirty one year old left tender, first round pick of the Padres back in twenty twelve out of Harvard West Lake High School.
Speaker 1: Also went to Montclair Prep.
Speaker 6: Ninth season the big Leagues, first with the Yankees and all start with the Braves. A Gold Glove winner with the Braves and a World Series champion with the Braves. Making his twelve started this season last time out, seven to thirty eights, one run, six hits and seven strikeouts. He has a record, though against the Dodgers in ten appearances, of just three and four with a three to eighteen Rara. Tony Gonsolin, the catman on the prow for the Dodgers two and one with the four sixty eight era thirty one year old right hand n own his seventh season in the big leagues. Importantly, he is healthy right now after missing six hundred and twenty one days between starts.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: This is six start this season last time out, five innings, four runs, seven hits, four strikeouts and a loss to the Mets. This is his second career start against the Yankees.
Speaker 1: The last one came back in twenty nineteen, so not a lot of.
Speaker 6: Familiar faces from that twenty nineteen still around here. In twenty twenty five, Tony Gonsolin, Max Freed Dodgers Yankees were fifteen minutes away from first bitch.
Speaker 1: Keys to the game are next.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All season log.
Speaker 6: Hanson Dodgers and Yankees Tony Gonsolin, Max Freed to BINCHI matchup in this series opener. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. That same applies to your home. Always have a plan like fire out following fire safety tips. For example, before setting up a camp fire, make sure to get permit from CalFire and check local restrictions. Always have water supply and a shovel near toby to extinguisher campfire. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot ca dot go all right back over to the booth one final time before first bitch Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Guys, all right TC here with Rick mondays and to go over some of his keys for this game, the series opener for the Dodgers and Yankees in a World Series rematch, you have Tony Gonsolin for the Dodgers and Max Freed, another Harvard Westlake wolverineo who's trying to become the Major League's first eight game winner this year, and he leads.
Speaker 3: The league in the ERA. So it's a tough assignment.
Speaker 2: For and that era is just one point twenty nine. A couple of things as far as quick thoughts with Max Free. First of all, if you get on base, watch out he has five pickups, yes, two stolen bases in five attempts, but don't straight too far off the bag to begin with, and the last seven games he's four o era under one in that period of time. So they need a big night from Tony Gonsolin, not only in the effort, but also extending it a little bit longer. Here's a quick couple of notes on Tony Gonsolin on how he has been affected. First inning just a one sixty seven average against. Second inning just a one sixty seven average against. However, the third inning three fifty, the fourth inning three sixteen, needs to be able to carry that a little bit deeper into the game.
Speaker 3: At tim as we get it back to you.
Speaker 9: That's something we talked about the last time we saw Tony on the road in New York. It really was an aggravating outing. If I'm being totally honest. There just was not enough compete from him. There was too much nibbling. I want to see those scripts flip tonight for Gonsolin and get this series off on a right note for the Dodgers as they go toe to toe with the Bronx Bombers.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up soon.
Speaker 1: Attack at sack. Attack.
Speaker 6: If you're Tony Gonsolin first, Bitch's Next, Dodgers and Yankees enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kase's the world Champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network