Speaker 1: A Senior Day victory for the Kansas Jayhawks. But oh, we'll get to that. There's plenty of things first. So Cam, do you want to go first? Do you want to do you want to tell the people? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, go for it. Have you guys ever had a like a poop that ruined an entire week on a Sunday evening, like the week just started? Is that just me? Because I did, and I'm I'm not happy.
Speaker 1: Right now, Cam is fresh out of the shower after a twenty minute incident. I had to show it.
Speaker 3: I don't even know, so so safely say that I have never had had a trip to the bathroom so bad I felt the need to shower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like yeah.
Speaker 2: The saddest thing ever is I just moved in with my girlfriend and she doesn't have strong plumbing here at least That's what I've come to realize because I've had issues, like I've gone to war, like we we have a plunger in the bathroom and I've put that thing through more than Vietnam tunnel rat and like two times two months of total visits here and the first time I'm here Yeah yeah, yeah, So I don't know, it's not a great start.
Speaker 1: What a sequence. Well, so I am in the Shreveport, Louisiana Margueriteaville Tower right now, which is boy, let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Start to the show. WI right, I'm sitting in my room like a normal person. So we are.
Speaker 1: We were a little road trip halfway through the South. That's been the case since episode one.
Speaker 2: Camp.
Speaker 1: I know, we we're on a little road trip through through some of the southern states. It's you know, mid March ish about at this point, so it's supposed to be. We're in Louisiana and it's forty three degrees right now. So much for paradise, am I right? Jimmy Buffett because this blows. Hopefully it'll be a little bit better coming up. So this podcast is being recorded late at night with I don't know how thin walls and me pushing this because Cam is telling stories about the shower and everything, so who knows how this is gonna go. My wife listened to Inside the Paint, by the way, the first time she's listened in a couple of years, because I said, you gotta hear the three beers deep Cam episode and awesome. And also we had to drive like four hours from Dallas to Louisiana today and she laughed pretty hard in the first ten minutes and was asleep by the time we got to Big twelve games.
Speaker 3: I think that's how most left in the car.
Speaker 1: Slept in the car. First time I've ever seen her in fifteen years knowing her fall asleep in the car, and it was during the Inside the Paint podcast.
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 1: What else would put you to sleep? Well?
Speaker 2: Watching Kansas lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Question Mark, Hey, that's true, you might be sleeping soon.
Speaker 3: How many candles does your girlfriend have? Dude, we have sounds like a ten candle poop.
Speaker 2: Well, in the scope of poops, man, it was probably a four and a half. We have, like we have a nuclear stock pile of candles going here. As a matter of fact, before I left Chicago, I tried to burn out all of my candles. But I also said, I didn't even tell you guys. I also set off for smoke detector tonight too, So I'm I'm really struggling. But it's only up from here.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, it's only the first night too, and it's like ten thirty at night. We're just beginning the show and you work at six o'clock tomorrow? Is that what we're doing?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I don't. I don't have to get up at six. I'll be up at like seven thirty eight. I'll be fine.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: That's very late for CAM, and you're gonna need it because have you seen the Big twelve tournament brackets start. They're gonna be playing late night games, at least one of them this week. Landing anything, anything, just put together what Camp said what he couldn't say in the gas station earlier. So we just got a CAM sent us both at texts and it just said I said we're gonna have to get a plan together for the Big twelve Tournament shows because they're gonna start really late. And Cam's back in the Eastern time zone, and the response says, I may have to and then it stops, and Landa and I are both just like, what what do you think you meant to say?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Then joy minutes later we get a text that says, I may have to start a cocaine habit. Sorry I couldn't finish it in the gas station.
Speaker 4: I was using text to speech and realize I had to stop before you shout into your Apple watch in at seven eleven in Detroit that you need to begin a cocaine habit.
Speaker 1: I feel like there would have been several people there. There would have been several people there that could have helped you begin that quickly.
Speaker 2: Yep, pure Michigan.
Speaker 1: Landon anything interesting going on, at least as interesting as cam story or as interesting as recording in a Shreveport Margueritaville.
Speaker 3: Not even not even close, not even remotely close. No, I'm sitting in my room as normal as ever recording this show. I have not just moved. I have not taken a ten candlepoop. I had not stepped near Jimmy Buffett's Margueritaville, the Rainforest Cafe for for the Eddie Burback fans out there.
Speaker 1: So no, I have a normal night, been to both in the last twenty four hours, and none of that is like, that's a total coincidence, not an Eddie Burback reference. Just I've been to a rainforest cafe and now Marguerite Deville in twenty four hours. And between the sandwiched in between those experiences was Kansas winning on Senior Day. So I am having a bonanza of a time we're gonna recap that and go through the Big twelve Tournament. It's Big Twelve Tournament week. Normally we do our Big Twelve Awards. Depends on how we're doing on time. That may be fill in some space in one of our Big twelve Tournament recap shows coming up, So we'll see how it goes. This is ITP And I'm.
Speaker 2: Ryan Landrith, I'm Lenden Fields, and I've talked myself into Kansas winning the Big twelve Tournament.
Speaker 5: No, oh no, you haven't, Cam, Please tell me there's not a what Ryan, I know you're doing a character for the show, but you put in our chat in day twelve hours ago that you also thought Kansas is winning the Big twelve Tournament.
Speaker 1: I did I say win it? I think I said getting to the championship.
Speaker 3: EV. I think you said, Oh, that's so much different my bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like I feel like that's a pretty big step because included in there as beating presumably Houston who that's a big like throwing the DraftKings odds that makes them multiply quite a bit. Cam, do you know Kansas's odds to win the Big twelve Tournament on DraftKings allegedly.
Speaker 2: Yes, I believe it is plus it's it's one of two numbers. It's like plus eleven hundred or it's plus six fifty. I can't remember which. I think it's plus eleven hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Houston is the favorite at minus one thirty, so they're better than one to one to win. Texas Tech is plus four hundred, Arizona State and Iowa State or plus eight hundred by US plus one thousand, and then Kansas is plus twelve hundred, which they have to play an extra game against all those teams except for Iowa State, so it is a little bit. And then after that they fall like a brick land in your Arizona State eight preseason Big twelve sleeper team one dollar on Arizona State. I believe would win three hundred to win this, to win this tournament. Interested in this most No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I can do any way more useful things with a dollar.
Speaker 2: Send that money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, here's the airhorn, just say thank you. Can't okay, here's another air horn.
Speaker 1: Kansas eighty three, number twenty four, Arizona seventy six. We thought at the beginning of the year that Kansas vi Arizona could wind up being a very important basketball game in the Big twelve race. It didn't unless you are like me and like seeing the Jayhawks play late night Big Twelve Tournament games because I upped them to the sixth seed where they can't just in dime for Cam to move back to East time, where every game they play this week at least one guaranteed game, and then every addition to one that they would play should they win the preceding game they will be playing at eight thirty PM. In this game, Kansas played pretty well Landon. I know that you and I are going to argue a little bit on how confident we're feeling in this team. I am more gollible than you are, so I'm sure that you'll bring us back to earth a little bit. But why don't you go ahead and tell us what happened? Then, when Cam and I talk, try to talk you into them winning eight games the rest of the season. You can you can talk us down a little bit.
Speaker 3: Hey deal, Let's do it. Kansas did play well in this game for the most part. They wrote a strong first half finish to a nine point halftime lead, but Arizona's offense did not need much time after the break to catch up. The Wildcats scored thirty eight points in the first fourteen minutes of the second half. They took a sixty eight sixty six lead with six minutes to go. From there, Dewan Harris played Maestro Hunter Dickinson and Zeke Mayo where the beneficiaries and Ku finished off the regular season with a seventeen to eight run to get a Senior Day win led by all of the thirty year olds that play on this team.
Speaker 1: All right, Cam, I'm gonna preach you. I'm going to preach to you two different perspectives. You tell me which camp you find yourself more likely to be in now that you've had your apartment cleanup process successful Number one. The Jayhawks in their last five games are recognized as one of the ten best teams on Bartrovic. They are three and two. The two losses a six point loss to Houston undisputedly one of the three best teams in college basketball, the other one a home loss to Texas Tech by the slimmest of margins that if they played again, they would probably be favored in the same setting. The Jayhawks are playing better. The metrics show it. They got a favorable draw in the Big twelve tournament, and they have the opportunity to move back up to that five to six line should this week go well, the draw being the being an important factor aside. Things could be going more promising for Kansas or can't be. The Jayhawks still have lost forty percent of their games in this new season. They managed to get one over Arizona at home after blowing yet another four teen point lead before finishing strong. But overall, you're looking at a win over Oklahoma State Colorado and now you do beat the top twenty five team. Still one and two against ranked teams in in the last five games, and overall, not a whole lot changing. They're still gonna get run out by the first good team they play in Kansas City. Which camp do you find yourself more in after the regular season is now complete?
Speaker 2: I want to say more in the first camp of it's I mean, they're playing better, However, I still feel like this team hasn't shown that they can really handle adversity, especially on one in neutral court, except obviously Duke that was in what November. They're playing better, I'm just not overly optimistic that they can win three four games in a row, especially on neutral floors. But again, Bartovic, they're in the top ten for the last well the New Testament. Yeah, I mean I'm somewhat optimistic. I think they make a run in the Big twelve tournament. I also think they probably make it to semi finals at least in the Big twelve tournament. That's my I'm taking that shot right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Landon, I would say that definitely means that Cam is more in the first camp. Statistically, bel self, Bill Seals claim that they are playing better, that they're playing some of their best ball of the year. There are some statistics that back that up. And I think that we're sitting here if they had beat Texas Tech and they had finished, what would that be with That would be twelve and eight, which would not be an impressive record considering the preseason expectations, but that would be four and one in the New Testament era, with the only loss being a road game at Houston. I think we're feeling much better. To me, that Texas Tech game is really the only one in the last five that didn't go the way that I thought it would, and it was one that they had in their pocket that they just couldn't get done. They very well, maybe just a few days away from getting another shot in another favorable home court setting against Texas Tech from being able to avenge that. But I think that Tech game is the one that I want to be all in. I want to believe. I want to say that they're the team like Arkansas two years ago, that underachieved in the regular season and then got hot and ruined somebody else's selection Sunday with that draw, the Texas set game is the only thing that's holding me back from being able to go all in on that take. Is that fair?
Speaker 3: I think so. I also do think they're playing better. I agree with that take completely. I think they are playing better, even with losses to Tech and Houston that have happened. I do think they are playing a much more coherent style in the last few games. I think kJ Adams has played some of his best basketball of his career in the last few games. I think all that's true. I still think you look at this stretch and you don't see a lot different that truly like contradicts or up ends what you saw in the rest of the regular season. Obviously there was no BYU winning. I don't think that's gonna happen again. I think people are gonna maybe anticipate Kansas is gonna get like blown out by people. I don't think they're gonna get blown out. Really. They've taken some bad losses in a lot of them last several seasons, not just in the last two, so I'm definitely still in the much more cautious camp. I do think that this is a team. Maybe I wouldn't have a lot of I wouldn't bet on it, but I think they absolutely will have the ability. If they are a six or seven, you know, I think they could win their way up to a five if they're somewhere in there. I think absolutely they're a team that has the talent and has the upside to go on a run. Again, I don't think I would bet on that, but I think if you're looking for positives, they absolutely have the guys to go on a run and ruin someone else's season. I think that'd be a lot of fun if they can do it. But again, I'm not overwhelmingly confident. I would still bet them to win no more than two games in Kansas City this upcoming week.
Speaker 1: All right, then the Big Twelve tournament previous argument will be quite interesting. We'll break down the game and talk about the stats. But first the simple question to lead off the red uniforms on Senior Day?
Speaker 2: Are you a fan and massive fan? I didn't like these ones?
Speaker 1: Correct, that's the take I was looking for. I didn't like the Black History Month throwbacks. I think they look a lot better in blue and white than they do in red. I would have liked to have seen the Circus uniforms as red. Did they wear those last year against Case State? Were they the Circus or were they just the the trade Jans?
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the best look. I agree. I'm glad that they do that. They just win every time that they were because they win every Senior Day. Cam tell me about all the streaks, can't This team has lost a lot of streaks this year. The Big Twelve opener streak is gone. The back to back seasons without winning a Big Twelve title in Bill Self's tenure is gone, and very very very likely pending a stunning rise here in this week. Bill Selfs streak of being at least the four seed in every tournament is gone, but they did keep a handful alive. Uh, and they had to win on Saturday? Are they these were all going up in flames? Yeah, a lot of streaks did stay a this game. That's forty two straight years that Kansas has won their final home game of the season. It's also thirty six straight twenty win seasons. Kansas has still had a winning record in every season of Big Twelve play. They also avoided losing four home games in a season for the first time since nineteen eighty nine. Ironically, my dad was at My dad told me he was at that game the last Senior Day that they lost, really, which would have been in what nineteen eighty three? Yeah, and that was the last year of the Owens era, wasn't it was it Owen for Larry Brown was there yet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, I think Larry Brown was there. I could could be wrong in this one. I'm almost positive that the year KU won the title, they lost to Oklahoma on Senior Day and Oklahoma cut down the nets in Allen Field House, and then Kansas beat them in the title game.
Speaker 1: It was before that they beat they lost to him in Oklahoma and Oklahoma cut the nets there because Kansas last loss. Kansas's last Senior Day loss was the last game of Allen Field House at the of the Ted Owens era three coaches ago, forty plus years ago. Landon. Is that streak precedes Landon by seventeen years? Why is everyone on this podcast by many years absolutely crazy? Let's talk about Hunter Dickinson, who we really should give so clearly. Hunter Dickinson and kJ Adams, we said each of the last couple of shows, something happened on that Utah trip where they a light went off for them about how they needed to play. Maybe they changed something up, maybe they're just more motivated, or maybe they're just coincidentally playing better. I don't think it's that one. I think something clicks because both of them have played so well and the awards will officially come out tomorrow. Hunter Dickinson will not win Big Twelve Player of the Year, but I could make a strong argument why he should win it. I think he's the most valuable player to his team in this conference. He saved his best game and a terrific season for the last Racegular season game, finishing with thirty three points fifteen of twenty three from the floor, all those numbers are season highs plus ten rebounds in thirty four minutes.
Speaker 3: He was a.
Speaker 1: Dominant beginning and a dominant end all of it, in between tying a career high in points and surpassing the thirty two he scored for his Kansas high just last week. Overall, really really remarkable game from him Dickinson. Since the Utah trip sixteen and eleven, thirty two and thirteen, eighteen and nine, seventeen and twelve, and now thirty three and ten, he has played like an All American and I believe he will be recognized as such.
Speaker 3: He was brilliant. He was absolutely brilliant in this game. Arizona really did not have an answer. I know he slowed down a little bit, a little bit in the middle of the second half, but he was fantastic. This is any and everything you could ever ask for from hundred Dickinson. There's no reason to complain about anything he did in this game because there's really barely anything to complain about. He was an absolute force of nature and he played up to everything you could want. There's really not much he could say. He was sensationial.
Speaker 1: I know that JT. Toppins more than likely gonna win Big Twelve Player of the Year. He's probably already won it by the time this podcast has been listened to, and statistically it's hard to argue the man averages seventeen to ten just like Hunter Dickinson does. But Dickinson, if you take him off of Kansas, I don't think they're a tournament team, and Texas Tech's got a lot better players around topp and honestly like they're both very worthy of the award. We saw them post similar numbers at Allen field House, and they both are so good that in that game they took advantage of the other's weakness. Dickinson could not defend Toppen on the first half, and in the second half, Dickinson fouled Topping.
Speaker 2: Out of the game.
Speaker 1: Like they are one and two in my book, and the most valuable players in the Big Twelve. Let the tiebreaker determine be determined by the fact that one guy finished second and one guy finished sixth in the league. That's fine, but Cam, if you're arguing career value, I don't think that there are many players in the country that are more valuable to their team than Dickinson is.
Speaker 2: The Kansas no, I mean, if he's not on this team, they're not in the NCAA tournament. And also we would be we'd be relying on watching kJ Adams and a very young Florida Badunga playing the bulk of the minutes and Zach Clemens if he were still alive.
Speaker 1: So Dickinson averaging seventeen and a half points, ten and a half rebounds, couple of blocks, shooting almost fifty five percent from the floor in sixty four career games as a Jayhawk. I know that people aren't thrilled at how the team hasn't won the volume of games that people thought that they would whenever he committed to Kansas. And I know that people won't remember Dickinson as fondly as I believe that they should. But can we can the last few games officially put that crazy narrative to bed that that Kansas is losing is not because of Hunter Dickinson, it's mostly in spite of him. Yeah, definitely, mostly, I'll take mostly. I'll take mostly. Compared to what I've seen on Twitter a lot cam tell me about kJ, I feel like that this is one that in the last few games we've we've definitely seen a different kJ Adams.
Speaker 2: Yeah. kJ Adams began the game with an alley oop slam and the final basket of the night, the dagger for Kansas was an alley oop slam as well. He had ten first half points before being held scoreless until that final bucket after halftime, finishing with twelve points, eight boards, three assists on six for nine shooting in thirty two minutes. He was very good, as he has been since the Utah Trip of Death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, camp all right, Landon you want stats on that? Well, kJ and his first through February eighteen, through the Utah trip that is I don't know how many games because he missed three, it's a bunch of games. His entire season until the through the Utah trip, kJ had scored twelve points five times this year. He's now done it in four straight games. So four of the nine times he scored all for more points have been the last four games. Fifteen against Colorado, twenty one and thirteen against Tech, fifteen against Houston, and then twelve and eight in this game. He's been a different player. And I have people on Twitter coming at me saying, well, you talked to crap on kJ all year. Yeah, this is a different guy. If this guy was playing power forward all year, they're probably a two seed.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: Because he's doing the things that we were saying he absolutely needed to do. He's scoring the ball and doing it pretty efficiently, and he's getting more rebounds than he normally does. He's been sensational. Really, he's been very, very good. He continues to do the little things, like we've talked about a lot brings energy, all that stuff, but he's actually doing those things and doing the big things. He's finding the basket. He's taken a lot less dumb shots, or maybe he's just gotten hot. I don't know, but it looks a lot better and a lot more of them than dunks. I think his first four makes and this were dunks, yep, which hey, you'll take. And that's that's what a guy like kh Adams is out there to do, is dunk the basketball. And the rebounding really can't be understated either, because that Ryan especially has been banging that drum for all the last two years. That kJ Adams has to rebound the ball and he's done that really really well. Yeah, And like we talked about in the last show as well, it seems like Dickinson and Adams since that Utah trip really did like they found some other year. They locked in, they found something, they made some packed with themselves. I don't know what it was, but it is like it is palpable, and I think a lot of that speaks to the level that Kansas has played at. I know there's been two losses in there, but they have played a lot better, and a lot of that is because Adams has played a lot better.
Speaker 1: I don't have a blurb about Frankfurscilla, who we have now had to listen to nine of the last fourteen times Kansas has played a basketball game, but I did just want to point out, did either of you hear the comment that he made about kJ Adams and who wasn't present on senior Day?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh bad dude, you heard it? Ud h Cam what did what did friend for?
Speaker 2: She'll say to be like, I can't say, I'm not gonna say verbatim, but it was something to the effect of like, yeah, kJ Adams, you know, notice the moms not here. She died last year, tragically, sad situation, but kJ Adams, it was something like it was kind of like that, I think, right like it was very old.
Speaker 1: It was, it was, but it was so much worse. Yeah, so Fran, because Fran's never seen a four second blip of silence go by without feeling the need of stuff it full with his nonsense. Fran said, uh, and and I know where he was coming from this, but wow, did it just come out wrong? Whenever he made it ask it, he just said, he said, Uh, it's kind of sad that his mom's not here, isn't it. It's like, well, Fran, it was. Let me tell you what kind of well, let me tell you what kind of sad would be? Kind of sad is having to listen to a pint sized dwarf ramble incoherent thoughts through nine of your four teen last fourteen favorite teams basketball games. I think that that truly heartbreaking or something like that is what I would use to describe a college kid's mom not being at his senior day because she died of cancer. But sure, roll with that kind of sad while you're stuff in your your silence between basketball facts, I'm helping, Like Cam seems like he'd be good at this. Can you plant something on Fran Fricilla? Can we get him arrested?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all alleged until they find me. And if they still find me, I'd still say it was allegedly.
Speaker 1: Let's get fran Friscilla thrown in jail. He can go with Brett Yormark, who's serving a five year sentence for designing the Big Twelve tournament court.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that thing's atrocious. People have actually had seizures from looking at that.
Speaker 1: It didn't bother me because Haley van Litt was playing on it, and I didn't notice what the court looked like this week, But I think I'm gonna notice it more next week.
Speaker 2: She's way too thin for you. You need like more of kind of like a a an army tank sized woman.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Ryan has done this just to counter the Ryan likes enormous women narrative that's been built over the last several shows, but Ryan's like evolution just being horny on Maine basketball players is really an underrated narrative from season twelve of i DP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, I only haven't read it be so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody, somebody needs to do this. There's only three examples Landon of that being true. There is Page Becker's, there is Hayley van Lett and there's Hunter Dickinson. Get off my case. Hey, Fair's fair Dewan Harris had nine points on four of nine from the floor, nine assists to one turnover in thirty six minutes. I was complaining to you guys over text that he needs to give them something, and he promptly scored seven of his nine points in the second half, making a rare case where I just sent that to two people instead of twenty two thousand Twitter followers before immediately being proven incorrect considering that David Quoite and aj Store combined to go oh for seven from the floor in nine minutes a piece. Kay, you didn't have any bench help in this game. They only got two bench points. They needed Harris to give them scoring and he did. He played very very well. Proof of what Kansas can be whenever they get about ten points from Harris and solid mistake free basketball. As a team, they only had three turnovers, won one game after the twenty piece at Houston, they looked a lot better. They played really well on offense, and it starts with Harris. I don't think either one of you two has a whole lot to analyze here. When Harris plays games like this, Kansas is probably gonna win. Like that's whenever he plays like this, they're gonna win eighty percent of their games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean when he disappears, they will lose. In the NCAA tournament. That's kind of kind of how the losses go.
Speaker 1: Harris giving them nine points, nine assists and one turnover and kJ giving them fifteen points or twelve points whatever. If kJ gets the twelve and Harris gets the double digits and a way more assistan than turnovers, Kansas is probably going to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need both Alabama hangs one hundred and forty the.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Defensively, they're a top five team on Ken Palm, but Alabama would probably still find a way to score.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Kansas's reward for winning this game on ESPN's bracketology, I've seen him as a six on a lot of the websites now still think that they probably need at least one more win in Kansas City against a non UCF or Utah opponent to get to that six line. But their reward on ESPN was moving up to Alabama's seven seed, which that feels like I would have rather lost had I known that was gonna be what happens stay as an eight with somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would.
Speaker 3: Honestly be Tennessee's eight, or be Alabama seven Tennessee's eight by a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Tennessee's not going to be a one. I don't think. I think Auburn, Duke Houston they seem very safe as ones, and I would think both Bama and Florida unless Tennessee wins the SEC tournament stand ahead of them. I would think. I don't know. I'm not a bracket guy. I know the SEC is gonna get one hundred teams in, including six and twelve. Porter Moser.
Speaker 3: Is Saint John's. I will talk about this more in other games. I guess Saint John's have any chance in a one seat. I know they're ranked six in the country. Another strength of schedules, much lower than Florida's in these teams, but I don't think.
Speaker 1: It is pretty It is pretty much. It's pretty split between Saint John's and Texas Tech as the last two and first three on a lot of bracket sites because everybody, everybody has four SEC teams in front of them. Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Florida all ahead of them. Houston's in front of them, and Duke's in front of them. So at the end some people have Michigan State in front of them too. So at the highest I think you have to have them as like seven. That's the best case scenario right now.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I guess, I mean obviously at their strength schedule. We'll talk about that more later.
Speaker 1: They their offensive metrics aren't nearly as kind as some of the others, but they just win like I don't. At some point, metrics are just met They just win every game in front of.
Speaker 3: Them, four games by combining one, four, five, seven points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whenever you play good defense, you're not going to get blown out and uh let and if you do, it's a fluky thing, which the tournament is a fluky fluky occurrence something not fluky. Landon as Zeke Mayo making threes at allen Field nowas his career at the Fog ends, just like it began, with him making a ton of threes and leaving the crowd in awe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro turns into lay Thompson and allen Field House. Nowhere else he turns into Charlie Moore. Everywhere else but in allen Field House. He's been brilliant. He had twenty points, He had six assists for rebounds. He made five of his seven three point attempts in thirty four minutes. He was once again, he was outstanding. There is a theme here that Kayu's best players played very well in this game. In twenty league games, Zake Zake, Zeke Mayo shot forty one percent from three. He finished fifty six for one hundred and twenty three and seventeen games in the field house. That is forty six percent at home. What would that make it on the road.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's not nearly as good. It's in the low thirties. But here are your Zeke Mayo's stats because I feel like that that you know, the turnovers and KU's season not going super well for their standards have really tainted what is truly if you look at it, one of the greatest shooting seasons in the history of Kansas basketball. Zeke Mayo in thirty one games has made forty percent of his threes, that is seventy five for one eighty seven, and conference play that number goes to forty one percent fifty one for one to twenty five. And as you said, Landon and Allen Field House fifty six for one to twenty three forty six percent. The guy has shot forty percent on almost seven threes per game for an entire season against the top ten in the country schedule. That is one of the greatest three point shooting seasons in the history of the school. That is what s Fiatoslav Makai Luke did. We obviously remember fees season as having a lot more impactful makes because he made the second biggest three in the history of Kansas in the tournament the Duke shot and several in NCAA tournament runs. We haven't seen Zekemeo do that yet, but this is one of the top ten, maybe top five three point shooting seasons ever at Kansas. Statistically, it is.
Speaker 3: It is especially at home. I mean, that's an unreal number, forty six percent that just does not happen in any arena.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've heard people say this before Landon, but it's really disappointing that they don't play the NCAA tournament at Allen Field House.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 3: That is what I was telling my dad when we watched this game together on Saturday. I was like, well, it's really too bad. This is the last one, because this guy's gonna go a nice one for fourteen in the next several games.
Speaker 1: But like if okay, here's a question, and Bill selfs twenty two years, let's say that just in a weird scenario, we can play every NCAA tournament, like we can start the two thousand and four NCAA tournament again right now, when we do that with every single of the twenty one NCAA tournaments he's been a part of so far at Kansas, and every game is at Allen field House, every single game of the of the and the entire tournament is at Alan. How many does Kansas win? How many titles do they get twenty one?
Speaker 3: Cam?
Speaker 2: What do you think with Kansas fans and ascendance? Like normal, Yeah, it's it's Kansas fans. They it's I think it's at least half. I'd say like seven, probably.
Speaker 1: Eight, yeah, because like they flirt with ten maybe more. That's probably it. It's probably about ten, because there's in those twenty one teams, there's about four or five that regardless of where the games are, we're inferior by a substantial margin to the teams that wound up winning. Like I want to say last year's team isn't beating Yukon out the fog, but they did.
Speaker 3: They literally did.
Speaker 2: That is true, they did so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they flirt with double digits. Okay, some housekeeping here. Ryland Griffin had seven points in thirty two minutes, kept getting open looks, couldn't make anything like. They didn't pull him like how he kept shooting. You have no chance, You have no other choice, especially with your other guys playing well. The makes didn't feel as as heavy from a gravity perspective when you could rely on other people like Zeke and kJ scoring with Ryland cold Griffin was just too for eight overall one for six from three, but Doonga added to and two and fourteen minutes and only eight players played, even with the being senior night, which was weird. They didn't play the walk Ons, which I know is kind of Bill's kind of always done that. Not all schools do that, but I think that goes to the.
Speaker 3: Show how walk Ons are not Evan Manning, They're not Mike Takovich anymore.
Speaker 1: Evan Manning was there, though he's an assistant on Arizona's coaching staff.
Speaker 2: He got a nice pop didn't even know that.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: He's on Arizona's coaching staff, and Danny Manning is an assistant on Tad Boyle, the soon to be fired Tad Boyle's staff at Colorado. It's a lot of homecoming here in the Big Twelve. Yep. Any closing thoughts on this game. I feel like we didn't really talk about it. Caleb Love played pretty well Arizona. They didn't shoot the ball great, but I mean they still scored almost eighty points, which their offense is good. They made free throws, as we knew they would, but Kansas had answers down the stretch against the very good offense, and Alan field House just seemed differently. I don't know if ESPN had the crowd microphone a little bit different. Texas Tech game. It never really seemed like that that place was able to explode like they did a couple times in the Arizona game. Tommy Lloyd said after the game, man, we've been to Ames and Kansas here in the last week, and these two places are awesome. I want an environment like that. Kind of pissed off the fans there because he basically said our fans. Now we have to see the bar of what it is in this Big twelve after going to Allen field House. For those of you who don't know if Tommy Lloyd would take the Kansas job, just go watch his press conference after losing in the fog. The answers yes. The answer is yes, he would take it quite quickly because he was in awe of Allan field House. But Alan field House gets a dub too, they get credit. Hunter Dickinson said after the game that the goal was to get kJ and to want to win because they deserve it the most for all they've given the CA thought that was cool. And there's a picture that I tweeted on Rock Chalk Blog of the core three, kJ, Hunter and to One having this three way hug as they checked out for the last time. It's pretty cool. It should hit you right in the fields. As people who have criticized Kansas, I've criticized these three more than any players in the history of the program at times, and we've been guilty of it too. With all three of them. These guys still care, and these guys are still playing really hard, and I think it's awesome to see. They're a good little visual representation of all the work they put in for this school. Eleven seasons at Kansas, those three kids gave ku and it's not over yet. Hoping to see them be able to win a handful of games coming up because they deserve it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was really genuinely happy for Hunter Dickinson that not only you know, he gets his moment on Senor Day, but that he goes out on a thirty three and ten. I thought like that, I think that's really cool for him. Obviously, all the fan base stuff that's happened, all the discourse around Hunter Dickinson to have the one moment, and obviously he's had plenty of good aims in that building. But to have your last game be maybe your best game. I think there was somebody who replied. There was somebody who replied to me saying basically exactly that that said, yeah, but he still gave.
Speaker 1: Up almost thirty. He's a net negative. It's like, okay, so the guy gets you thirty three.
Speaker 2: The guy get sent him to Utah wherever they shot the gain.
Speaker 1: Wasn't I thought, No, it wasn't Utah they did that?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let me look, I don't know, it's somewhere with a low standard of education, a lot of mouth breathers. And that's exactly what that guy that wrote that comment is.
Speaker 1: It was in South Carolina, cam a very very prestigious education system in the game.
Speaker 2: In programs from Yes, it is exactly all right, next next question.
Speaker 1: Yes, sorry Land and just to completely drive that train in front of your your very nice comments, but yes, I agree. And and there are still people on Twitter who aren't gonna be happy with it that there's seven foot to thirty points a game score isn't also holding his opponents to zero percent? Uh. And there was a moment where Dickinson made a basket on on one end for Kansas and then Arizona got a fast break but bucket like immediately after, and people were mad on Twitter at Dickinson for not getting back because they saw it was the center that made the basket for Arizona and they're like, that's Dickenson's man, where is he and he the buckets score being the first one to inbound the ball after somebody else scores on a fast break, that that's not the guy you blame in that scenario, guys, it's not. It's not his fault that he's not Ussein bolt Fast while also being seven too, and also being a walking double double like he can't he can't do it all?
Speaker 3: Why not Ryan? Why can't he?
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: He is tall.
Speaker 1: If you if you're if you're born.
Speaker 2: You can do it all.
Speaker 3: Kids Adams can shoot threes and I've on the floor, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, which is why Kansas's ed enters the NCAA Tournament with a one seed of essentially locked up right yeah.
Speaker 2: For their second round.
Speaker 3: I haven't checked bracketology in twenty years, but I think so.
Speaker 1: We don't have the Big Twelve awards yet. We presume Hunter Dickinson is a lock for First Team All Big Twelve. I don't know if they'll have anybody else on the second or third teams, probably not Zeke Mayo, kJ Adams, Dewan Harris, all possibly getting honorable mention. Maybe maybe Zeke Mayo sneaks on one of that. Like he's he's averaged fifteen points a game. He's had a really nice year. Not expecting Bill self to get a lot of kudos for Coach of the Year, but uh, that's uh, you know, you never know. Maybe maybe maybe everybody will be mad at Calvin Sampson and they'll be like, let's not vote for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's give it to the guy who had a preseason number one team that's a borderline eight seed.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: Good job, Billy, sir. At all they need to do is beat Utah and Arizona and Texas Tech and Houston, and then they.
Speaker 2: Might just just need a completely new team. And they're right there.
Speaker 1: Yep, Hey you gotta start new Testament Hawks? Are the new Testament Hawks? Back on, are you guys believing again?
Speaker 3: I flipped back to Malachi.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What's it gonna take. What's it gonna take?
Speaker 3: What do you need to see? Yep? I think that's it. I think if they.
Speaker 1: Get to the finals and they add three wins and they enter the tournament having one at that point, that'd be seven of ten with the three losses all to top ten teams. I think you're feeling like, Okay, if they get a good if they get the right four seed, maybe they'll they'll like, I don't know. I think you guys are three wins in Kansas City away from being like, you know, the meme of Vince McMahon like like sitting up in his chair, and and not not the one of him like losing his mind, just simply the first part of it, him sitting out. I think that's you guys, if get to Friday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe a bit. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've seen this movie. We see when we'll get there.
Speaker 1: All right, we will indeed see when they get there. Final numbers for Kansas in this game forty nine percent from the floor, thirty eight percent from three, to sixty four percent at the line. They were plus six on the glass and only five total team turnovers. Those are all good, with the exception of the free throw line. They're all very good numbers. And they played a good team. They played a top twenty team on Ken Palm. I know that they haven't played super well in the last few weeks and the wins and lost total, but they beat the team that finished third in the Big Twelve at home. That's that's good. They did a nice job. That's their best win of conference play, I think, right. As crazy as that is to say, yep, yeah it is, statistically it is. That's yeah, that's something, all right. Any closing thoughts, I thought it was a good win, and I think it sends them into the new season. This one actually is a new season. There's zero and zero officially now sends them in with with with something to for fans to be happy about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a nice way to end the year. It really is. Get to twenty wins, keep the Senior Day streak alive, do it in the beautiful red uniforms. Send some people out on a nice game. Yeah, it really was a good win. It is win. I think you can have some genuine encouragement. I still think Kansas is in more of a role to play spoiler than hero, So I think maybe adjust your expectations to that a little bit and you might have a better time in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, firing squad.
Speaker 1: All right, just because you asked, He asked nicely for it.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Big twelve games, actually Cam's Big twelve games, because Cam wrote these Big twelve recaps and whenever that happens. I don't have a dump button Cam joke from the first I show here yeah.
Speaker 3: Here, yeah, and boy did he smash it earlier.
Speaker 2: It's called low water pressure and a cheap plunger.
Speaker 1: It's not I was gonna make a Chicago joke. But it's not even Chicago anymore. You're the You're Michigan upgrade waters problems, Yeah to Detroit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michigan's known for great water. You guys heard of Flint. You wonder how I turned out the way that I did.
Speaker 1: It's because he drank the Flint water, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, my parents didn't want me to play violent video games as a child because they were like, you're gonna become a messed up person. I was like, joke's on you, guys. I turned out just like a moron.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see, We're gonna put that in the task because Cam wrote these big twelve notes, as he does on days wherever I am driving to a different southern state. Uh. And so we're gonna see how this works. We're gonna see how this works if we get if we get canceled, just know it's Cam's fault. I don't know the rankings, but it doesn't really matter here because Iowa state seventy three, Kansas state fifty seven.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're three. We're three words in, and I already can't say that I can't say that word. I mean I could, but I don't want to go back and edit it. Cam may Or may Not allegedly have had some money on Kansas State to cover a spread that they did not cover, which prompted some very funny texts to in our group chat when he realized that they were not going to cover. And that is Jerome Tang, who in the right oh, it literally says that right here, who in their right mind would have picked Jerome Tang to cover nine and a half points on Senior Day? This guy, of course, see we're stupid for this landon twice two times on Saturday. My always pick a good to really good road team in a rematch of a game that they lost earlier that year at home. This is one of them. We should have seen this coming. Iowa State lost at home to Case State earlier in the year. They were easy money, so naturally we all went against it. Tam and Lipsey led the way with twenty four points. Jerome Tang did not run into the stands and the obese Golden Corral chicken dance that they do because they lost, which is very I know exactly what you're saying. He did it after they beat Like Colorado the other day, called like sixteen fans. It's the Wabash cannonball.
Speaker 6: What is what?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wow, just right off the top rope. Okay, we get it. Ryan likes fat girls. We get it. It's hilarious.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I was pretty good.
Speaker 3: I can only withstand so many years of Twitter card girl jokes for me to break.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true, and I get it because at the end of the day, you like who you like, and if you get shamed for it, that is okay. Oklahoma State seventy eight, Cincinnati sixty seven. Here go Landon. I feel like I'm throwing a grenade at you to hear read this sentence, Cam wrote.
Speaker 3: I think this one's funny. I'm gonna do it well. Every family has their degenerate failure, and Miller family has Wes. That's a tough beat for Wes Miller, but he did not. I have a great year.
Speaker 1: Is Wes Miller related to all the other Millers that are better basketball coaches? And I guess they all kind of look at.
Speaker 2: Has Sean Miller's brother, right, I know Archie Miller is is Sean? Maybe not is Wes Miller.
Speaker 1: I mean he has the same he looks like Gabe from the office. Like that's like, not Lady Goga Gabe, but he looks like Gabe. So according to the According to the Wikipedia page on the personal blurb on Wes Miller, it says his father was Kenneth D. Miller, a prominent alumnus and trustee of wake Forest University. He also had a younger brother that played basketball at Monmouth, So there is some basketball there, but not what you were thinking. He can still be the failure. Kenneth Miller is clearly the respected one.
Speaker 3: Probably Cincinnati now needs to win the Big Twelve Tournament more than likely to make an appearance in the and they will not, definitely on the outside, they will not do that. I'm very confident. Uh Jigsell James went six for twenty one from the floor. That's all I will read from there. Do that though, and it's a great name. It remains a great name.
Speaker 1: Is that My turn?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: My turn? I was adding a note that I did not want to forget from a from an SEC game this week. Let me let me make sure, let me scroll back up here. Colorado seventy six, TCU fifty six. Holy crap, Cam Colorado, you said they were due and they are. What is that like, three of seven since starting zero to thirteen. If only you could take away the first thirteen, they'd be in an NCAA tournament consideration right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't work that way. And I also wonder if you had bet money line on all of their games this year and you did, like ten dollars something like that, I wonder how much money you'd be down by now, or because they might have won a couple that they won.
Speaker 1: As underdogs And yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: But yeah, unsurprisingly, Jamie Dixon continue to be terrible at his job. Really, nothing interesting to report here other than a guy named Jack Peas. He had one point, which is one more point than AJ score stored yesterday.
Speaker 1: There's a they really have a player named peace, Jack Peas.
Speaker 2: And point.
Speaker 1: Would you trade a J store for Jack Peas?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, yeah, I think I would. At this point, I don't because I don't know. Jack Peas is an unknown quantity to me.
Speaker 2: I trade him for a can of peace.
Speaker 1: No, you wouldn't.
Speaker 3: AJ guys. Jack Peas is averaging point three.
Speaker 1: Points a game pretty much. I may keep AJ store, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But Jack Peas has appeared in six career college games in three years.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, not not not thinking that I that I want to trade aj Store for him then, But but you know what I understand it, West Virginia seventy two. You see we have sixty five. Cam labels this a good week for the welfare Kings of the South. Yes, West Virginia does count as the South. Javon Small went five for fifteen from three and Cam says all that makes him think is that the fact that Crady Dick was never given the shot to shoot that many times at Kansas, and that makes me sad. Yes, but we did see five man kJ Adams stuffed the Bucks scoring route to sixty six points and per on a per game average there, Cam, so it's not all bad. Is West Virginia a tournament lock? Should they win the Big twelve turn or should they win their Big twelve opener, which will more than likely, barring in upset over Colorado be against TCU.
Speaker 3: Uh, they're I maybe it's really close. I think they're on the inside.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel like that they should be there, the eighth best team in the Big Twelve. Let's see, where does ESPN have West Virginia ESPN has him as a nine seed, so that's you'd think that's close, but it feels you think that's a lock. But it feels like every year we see a team on that nine line that loses to a bad team in their first tournament game and then they get passed or shockingly dropped off. So yes, I think one win in Kansas City locks them in. And I don't think they're a real scrappy bet to go very far in the NCAA's but I think that they'll they have enough quality wins that that will be enough.
Speaker 3: I think that is correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very fair.
Speaker 1: Take number nine Texas Tech eighty five Arizona State fifty seven Land and it's all you Texas Tech almost lost to this team just a few weeks ago and then they made them roadkill at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they very much did not almost lose. Here, Cam says, I believe the spread opened up at like Tech minus twelve and a half, and he wishes he threw a Ryan sized woman on that. That wasn't ear in my fault, that's just what the man put.
Speaker 1: J T.
Speaker 3: Toppen went for twenty five points and Basher Jihad nothing interesting to say about him for he was seven and eleven for twenty two points. That's uh, I just now clicked into what all of that is. That's another art level sentence. Cam.
Speaker 1: That is art a bill Cam. I I think my favorite thing that Cam has said on the show is whenever you said you were like a mentally disturbed Robert Frost, because.
Speaker 2: I think that misunderstood.
Speaker 1: That is so freaking funny and true, Like it's that's very very true. Cam has an amazing way with words. If he used his talents for good and not evil, then he would be legitimately Robert Frost the second. But instead he writes how.
Speaker 2: No, no, I was gonna give it a go.
Speaker 1: I felt the dopamine rush to give it a go, and I decided that it's not worth our time.
Speaker 2: Two roads. Two roads diverged in a yellow forest, and I chose the one with borderline gambling, addiction and substance abuse problems. Not really.
Speaker 1: Allegedly, sir, that's just getting number three. Houston sixty five Baylor sixty one.
Speaker 3: Cam.
Speaker 1: I was watching this game hoping to see Houston win it because I wanted to see Kansas move from the seven to the six in the Big Twelve Tournament if you want to know how pathetic and awful I am.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, that's that's dedication. This game had a spread of four and a half for Houston, and some people were pretty here, cam, Yep, yep, we're pretty upset. But two roads I took mine.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, here, Calvin Sampson is like a million and one in his last big twelve sleek games, And why are you petting against this?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I didn't. I don't think I did this four and a half. Yeah, I think I took them at four and a half. Okay, I remember, let me.
Speaker 3: Try this again.
Speaker 1: Baylor had everything to play for and Houston had nothing to play for. Why how are you touching this game? It's at ten o'clock on a Saturday night.
Speaker 2: That was the other angle you could take. I took the angle of Houston's really good, and then I also took the angle of I'm gonna wake up and see the score and maybe all made five dollars. And I woke up and did not make five dollars.
Speaker 1: They had this game like they were up ten with two minutes left, too. It was a bunch of garbage time to get it there. So sorry to tell you the right side. They should have had buy more.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, LJO Cow LJ. Cryer had twenty three points. VJA Edgecombe also had twenty three points. Baylor has to be the most disappointing team this year other than Bills Jayhawks. Yeah, where do you guys think Baylor stands in the NCAA tournament field this year?
Speaker 1: Cam ask cam asks? Is Baylor a dei NCAA tournament berth slash higher? Yes, they kind of are get.
Speaker 3: The Baptist demographic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're only in there. They're only in there because their name has been Like, honestly, if you look West Virginia has a better resume than Baby or does that? Saint John's win in the flukiest fashion in November that is saving Baylor right now. And I'm still probably gonna pick them to win the eight nine game that they will lose because oh it's Scott Drew, He's done this before. VJ. Edge comes really good. Baylor is just so unspectacular this year. And they have a lot of very talented players that that should not be a sentence. They just have no depth whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they will make it in barring some like catastrophic loss and a couple of things breaking against them. But I agree with Ryan, I I should should caution myself from taking them too far.
Speaker 1: Here in a couple of weeks, Uh, b Yu eighty five death, not Houston who they beat? Instead? Cam wrote, they beat Houston eighty five. Okay, it's Utah tell you what, sir. Just because of that, you can read this sentence because this is too good for me to to to selfishly take for myself.
Speaker 2: All right. Uh in a game of epic proportions where the losers continue to be caffeineless, non monogamous, mouth breathing Neanderthals be why he won this Holy war.
Speaker 1: Cam just just just struck a match and threw it behind him. And Landon and I are watching whatever, well I might, I don't care. Landon is watching the the pride that he once had to be a part of this podcast. Yeah it's it's now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's now.
Speaker 2: It's that.
Speaker 3: One of you guys says something like that, it's just the picture of like Killian Murphy playing Oppenheimer the middle distance, thinking about his life.
Speaker 2: Dude, speaking of that, I drove by a Chuck E Cheese yesterday and I got a thousand ster.
Speaker 1: Sounds like I really thought a lot, sir. I went to the Rainforest Cafe in a Dallas mall and had an oreo lava cake at the bar of a Rainforest cafe where every fifteen minutes there was either a thunderstorm or somebody singing Happy Birthday to a child. And I learned that there is a bar at the Rainforest Cafe where they serve molten volcano oreo cakes for twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: Wild is a real country, guys. America is a real country where.
Speaker 1: We can you can drink while looking over the little children's birthday parties amidst the thunderstorms.
Speaker 3: Animatronic gorilla?
Speaker 2: Would you rather have just fight an animatronic gorilla or a chuck e cheese animatronic well cam?
Speaker 1: According to you, you've had some fun with at least one of those things.
Speaker 2: I didn't have fun with it.
Speaker 3: They had said you'd rather have fun with it?
Speaker 2: Yeahaday. They were the ones that watch Pata Kansas, which I still stand for.
Speaker 1: I drove so on the way on the way from Dallas to Shreveport. Right along that way is white House, Texas, which is Patrick Mahomes' hometown. So we stopped there to see, like they gotta have like a like a home of Patrick Mahomes sign or something, and they didn't, and I about, I'm gonna go build one myself. I'm gonna get the a yard sign and everything. Well, I mean, he did only graduate high school there like eight years ago. Like I'm sure, I'm sure that's part of it.
Speaker 2: I'm presler isn't like a designated sign like on the road that says this is where Patrick Mahomes Senior drove his car through a Denny's after twenty four Medelos.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't even know that was counting home of That's right, here's where he blew.
Speaker 2: It's point two four on the BAC.
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahomes may have three super Bowls, but his dad's got three of something else.
Speaker 2: His dad's the Wilt Chamberlain of drinking and driving.
Speaker 3: Some crazy numbers.
Speaker 1: Whenever we have cam a microphone, we just just well, I mean, you guys know what's gonna happen. And for some reason, Lannon and I still like surprise, and then what will happen is Campbell text us five minutes after the show raps like, guys, I'm sorry, that was all that was my fault that this didn't go too good.
Speaker 3: That is Cam's version of Nick being like, guys, my boss listens to guys. Guys, my profession said he's going to listen to the show. You can't have that in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I disagree. I disagree when Cam says that that that he made the show bad by being a complete delinquent. I think it makes it better because there are many podcasts. There are many podcasts out there where they'll be like so Ken Palm has Kansas at twenty and Bartova at twenty one?
Speaker 2: Which do you like better?
Speaker 1: And Cams just like all right, listen Wilt Chamberlain numbers for Pat Mahomes Senior on the d uys YT's talk about the Mormons. Hey guy, that's that's why, that's why you listen. You don't listen for it?
Speaker 2: You would you rather spend a day in a forget locked in the francilla for an hour. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we can say that Camp, I gave you all sorts of props and now you went you went straight for that.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. I might have to actually go back and beat that.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, that one's probably beepworthy.
Speaker 3: Just know it was flew too close to the sun.
Speaker 1: But I might rather do that than than spend a day with Franfracilla, who by the way, if fran Frachilla watched a person do the first thing you said, he would say that's kind of sad. Anyway, Kansas now down three. I don't think they need the three ride here.
Speaker 2: I'd watch them.
Speaker 3: He never thought Kansas needs the three. So b YU.
Speaker 1: Way back to BYU beating Utah, Cam says, if you had a choice of attending an on campus party at either BYU or Utah, which one would you choose? Is there a difference? They're like the same school.
Speaker 3: Uh Utah because there could theoretically be alcohol present and mus.
Speaker 1: There you go, and I guess they play Snoop Dogg at b Yu. They they b Yu people look like they know how to party, they just can't. It's kind of like whenever a mom can't lift a car to save their child that's trapped under it, but then they find the strength when they need to do it to get it done. I've envision that being by students.
Speaker 3: YU student crack and open like a black tea with caffeine exactly.
Speaker 1: I think I think they have a lot of potential there.
Speaker 2: If you give a b Y student a coke zero, I think it's the same thing as the people that invented fire, like when they saw the.
Speaker 1: Fire happen maturing like SpongeBob cave Manu.
Speaker 3: It's pilgrim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Even though they have a lot of restrictions. I certainly feel like b YU would be at least a quad two party school. I don't know about you, guys.
Speaker 3: Arizona State quad one.
Speaker 1: Arizona State is Quad one.
Speaker 3: A yeah, yeah, party schools.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Cam says that by you will lose in the same second round or in the first round rather or make the Elite eight. I don't make the rules. You're right, they absolutely are doing that, and it will What will happen will depend Cam on what you put in your bracket. Slash allegedly put money on if you bet on BYU to win two NCAA games, they're going down in the first round. If you bet on them to lose round one, they're going to the Elite eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll probably do something to help on society here.
Speaker 1: Final Big twelve standings. Well, I didn't edit this, so you guys are gonna have to do some quick math here. Houston finishes at nineteen and one. Tech goes fifteen and five to get second.
Speaker 3: Outright.
Speaker 1: Arizona finishes third at fourteen and six, tied with BYU, though I believe Arizona has the tiebreaker there. Iowa State finishes fifth. They go thirteen and seven after starting like eight and one.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go, Kansas eleven. I'm not gonna say what place they're in because that's gonna be insane. But Kansas went eleven and nine in Big twelve.
Speaker 1: Play baby gets real.
Speaker 3: Baylor did TCU win? I forgot? Nope?
Speaker 2: And did West Virginia win?
Speaker 3: They did?
Speaker 1: Baylor is the eight seeds, so they have to be next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Baylor and West rginior ten and ten. Uh TCU K State are nine and eleven. No jokes, no jokes here, please stop. Utah is eight and twelve since no, since anti UCF also lost. I went to that.
Speaker 1: I went to the Presidential Library of George Bush yesterday.
Speaker 3: Cam.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you weren't there. We would have got kicked out.
Speaker 2: I would have just moved like the I can't say what I want to say.
Speaker 3: Cam, you can you can finish doing math. Have that the big post standings pal.
Speaker 2: I think I was supposed to do this on my part of the notes, So we're just gonna let it rip your Utah. I think twelve, Cincinnati also seven and thirteen. You see f eight and twelve. I think Oklahoma stone at all, Okay seven to thirteen, Oklahoma States seven and thirteen as well, Arizona State four and sixteen, and then Colorado three and seventeen.
Speaker 1: There you go, good recovery.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 1: See what happens is there's we have the big twelve standings list that I update each show, but I didn't update this one. So we were looking at last weeks and trying to remember, Okay, this team went too and oh so let's add two wins. It went as well as you could have expected. Other games and the SEC despite thirty four points from Jeni Broom. Number one, Auburn took their fourth loss of the season in dramatic fashion. Number seven Alabama goes on the road and shocks the Tigers ninety three to ninety one. Mark Sears hits a buzzer beater floater to win the game. That's the second of the two games where you always pick the elite team that lost earlier in the year at home. In the rematch, they went on the road, even though they went at number one. It's just rare for a top ten team like Alabama to get swept, and they proved it in this game. That wasn't even the only buzzer beater to a ranked team on the road on this particular day, but it was the best win of the day. Are we a little nervous? Auburn may have peaked a little early? Like there's still almost definitely a number one seed as long as they don't lose in the first round of the SEC. Even then that probably wouldn't be enough. But I'm not so sure. Bama is not the team I want in that league. If I can only have a future on one with.
Speaker 3: Their defense being what it is, I wouldn't I wouldn't hate it. But their offense is also very good, obviously, Cam, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they might have peaked a little bit too early, but I think I like Bama. I just like their style of play.
Speaker 1: They are quite good either one of them. They are the two that you want in that conference. If you're picking two teams to go real far.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Number nineteen Kentucky not the team I think I'll be picking because they give up one hundred and twenty points on the right. But they got a nice win over fifteen Miszoo ninety one eighty three in Columbia. Or five Florida ran away from now unranked Ole miss ninety seventy one. The Gators continue to look like genuine contenders. They are going to be vying for that fourth one seed. Despite being tied at halftime. Numberfore Tennessee pulled away from ghastly two and sixteen and sec play South Carolina for a ten point seventy five sixty five win of their own.
Speaker 2: Arkansas and number twenty one Mississippi State played an absolute thriller as the Razorbacks snagged a huge ninety three to ninety two win as their tournament hope stay live. Both teams treated huge baskets down the stretch, but Arkansas got the final stop by the skin of their teeth. That's more teeth than most of their fans have. Georgia and Oklahoma also got nice wins over Vanderbilt in Texas, respectively. Somehow Oklahoma's getting in We don't know how.
Speaker 1: I wanted to bring up a Texas and Oklahoma which, by the way, whenever we were driving on the way to Dallas, stop Biden Norman and saw the Lloyd Noble Center where we have watched Kansas on TV lose many, many, many many interesting basketball or win many interesting basketball games. They've also lost someone's there. So Oklahoma goes on the road to Texas and they do win, as you just said, but I wanted to bring up a stat line from a Texas player by the name of Trey Johnson, whoeverages twenty points per game. He's a good, good basketball player. He's an elite freshman, probably a one and done. Trey Johnson went oh for fourteen from the floor. The man took fourteen shots and somehow every single one of them missed. How is it possible?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Indeed, the amazing Dwan Harris would never just so that would be a three weeks worth in the Big Ten. Number eighteen Perdue has lost five of seven to end their season. They took it on the chin to Illinois on Friday night, lost by eight. Number twelve Wisconsin lost at home to a pretty bad Penn State team eighty six seven. So whenever they are a four seed and lose to a good shooting thirteen seed, don't act surprised. Number thirteen Maryland got a seventy four to sixty one went over Northwestern. But the real story, and Cam's baptism by fire into itp curses, is number eight Michigan State being a wagon. They are indeed very good. They led number seventeen Michigan by twenty two at halftime, got Michigan so frustrated that a shoving match started after the Spartans kept making threes. The Spartans wind up winning seventy nine sixty two at home to win an outright Big Ten title. This one ended with a little bit of a kerfuffle, as Landing here rights that Wolverine's got to be a good idea to stand on the center court logo. After the game, a fight started. There were some ejections nothing college basketball refs love doing. Then doing their little ejection hand signal after a game has already concluded. Really gonna do a lot of good there. Yeah, Michigan State's very good. They're a two seed right now, and they're they're gonna lose in the sweet sixteen, as they usually do. They will not win the Turnam year. Okay, allegedly, cam is all in.
Speaker 2: I think they're making a final four.
Speaker 1: We'll see. I think that this team's very good for that.
Speaker 3: But I do think Michigan State's really good.
Speaker 1: They're very fun to watch, and they lost to Kansas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as did Number two Duke in the ACC. Number two Duke they beat UNC eighty two sixty nine, and it was a pretty competitive game that also was never really in doubt. Cooper Flagg didn't even play like that well and finished with fifteen nine to six and four blocks, So he's a psycho, as we have known. Number eleven Clemson. They blew up bad Florida State sixty five to forty seven and fourteen. Louisville beat tournament hopeful Stanford, which is really sad that Stanford's tournament hopeful and only put up forty eight against Louisville. They lost sixteen forty eight. Notre Dame beat Cal one hundred and twelve, one hundred and ten and four overtimes. Wow, that's interesting, I guess, But otherwise this conference sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If Duke had lost the UNC, they would have been the three seed in the ACC tournament. Somehow at eighteen and two because Louisville and Clemson both win eighteen and two and Clemson beat them, but they did not and Duke, Yeah, Duke's the best team in the country. Auburn losing this week appold kind of doesn't matter anymore because every el the numbers you see on the scoreboards this week are going to be the team seeds in their tournaments. But Duke gonna be the number one team entering the NCAA Tournament. They are probably the favorite to win it all.
Speaker 3: YEP.
Speaker 2: In the Big East, number six Saint John's, led by a triple double from Cadarry Richmond and twenty eight from r. J. Lewis Stunn, Number twenty Marquette eighty six to eighty four on a Zoobi edge four overtime buzzer beer in Milwaukee, cam Jones had thirty two, nine and seven for the Golden Eagles. Despite the loss, Yukon did to seat in Hall what Ryan allegedly wants to do to Honey Boone's mom eighty one to fifty. Creighton Xavier both got a couple wins against truly irrelevant Providence and Butler teams.
Speaker 1: God Landon even throwing in fat jokes. Brandon, you go to church, you're not supposed to make fat jokes.
Speaker 3: I can make them a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny. Landon making PG. Thirteen jokes. I'm never gonna used to in my head. Landon is still eternally the fifteen year old that would ask me at Culver's if he would never have to work a holiday ship because he didn't like to leave his couch on those days. He's like, that's just what I do. I don't want to work those days. Like okay, land and don't come in and make seven to twenty five whenever it's a blizzard outside. I can't understand why you wouldn't want to do that.
Speaker 3: Hey, my my boss, the scheduler Eric, great guy. I love Eric. He outrightly stopped scheduling me on KU basketball nights.
Speaker 2: That's really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the same guy didn't have it. He didn't have as much leeway with that whenever I was managing there and working forty hours a week and had the same request. But you know, I made an attempt. Did Paul Win? I was seventeen, so that's correct, that's correct. Didn't Paul Win?
Speaker 3: Yes, they did.
Speaker 1: For the second time in a row. They end the regular season on a two game winning streak by beating Georgetown. I believe they swept Georgetown this year. If you get swept by De Paul, you should have to all with cinderblocks around your ankles as a team exercise jump into the Potomac River, because that just cannot happen in sports. Eighty three seventy seven was the final, and Landon says this will likely be their last one until November unless they draw Georgetown again somehow. Wouldn't that be a finals game in the past those two teams would have to make it to to make it to the Big East title game.
Speaker 3: That would be wild.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then, just as a fun note, because it is tournament time, high Point, Drake, Omaha, and Lipscomb. Those are your first four NCAA teams as of recording.
Speaker 1: Drake is the wagon. Drake is like thirty one and three or something like that, aren't they, Yeah, thirty and three. I was hoping that they would lose today. It's like twenty seven and five or something. Yeah, high points one to focus on right there. I was hoping that Drake would lose because I think that they would still make it anyway, and I would rather have had Bradley and Drake both make it because that would leave North Carolina or Oklahoma or somebody out. But none less, they're nasty. They're probably a ten or and eleven seeds. So please Kansas get high enough to not have to deal with that one, because they are. They are very very good ranked teams to lose. Since the last time we did a podcast, Number one Auburn lost to Alabama, second show in a row they've been on this list.
Speaker 3: Number twelve Wisconsin they lost to Penn State somehow.
Speaker 2: Fifteen Missouri lost to you Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Number seventeen Michigan lost to Michigan State for the second time in three weeks.
Speaker 3: Number eighteen Perdue they lost Illinois.
Speaker 2: Number twenty Marquette lost to Saint John's.
Speaker 1: Number twenty four lost to who else but you know the one, the only, the famous.
Speaker 3: Real, And number twenty five Missippi State they lost to Arkansas, and.
Speaker 1: Cam lost two bets allegedly.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's us.
Speaker 1: She goes, all right, we have a lot of asarcbs and not a lot of time, so we are going to go rapid fire, and I can't promise that we're going to read every question here, but we're gonna start with the most important question, the most important question, and that is from at Let me copy and paste this real quick. That is from at Rock Chuck eighty four that just simply asks best and worst, and you may want to know what that is, but I'm gonna paste in the notes here right wherever you guys are staring. This is the list of the Big Twelve eats that are going to be presented at the Big Twelve Tournament. And there's only eight this year. Usually every team has something. There may be more, but I'm only seeing eight here. We're each one of these. Yeah, I don't know if this is the complete list. I'm going to try to make sure of this. Every Big twelve team in the Big Twelve Tournament last year they bring their own food dish, right, they're special from their part of the country or whatever. No, there is going to be something for every school here. Let me paste this updated note in here, so you guys tell me which of these is the answer. Well, I guess it's most of them. Maybe it's not all of them because there's still a couple missing.
Speaker 3: Interesting here. I think the West Virginia pepperoni roll is near the last bottom. That doesn't sound that good.
Speaker 1: That's just because it's also coming out of West Virginia, so who knows.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, if I ate the ic you green chili pork walking taco, I would I would commit a genocide on the toilet.
Speaker 1: Gonna say CAM would have a repeat of Tome also sounds so good. See, I think the answer is as somebody who is not a I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't eat very much at a time the US. The UCF citch or not. Drink of the orange soda and vanilla ice cream sounds like something I could have about six of.
Speaker 3: Yep, that sounds really really good. I love a good orange vanilla cream thing.
Speaker 1: Baylor Brisket sliders is going to be underwhelming because Texas Barbecue just isn't. You're in Kansas City, don't have Texas Barbecue.
Speaker 3: Arizona Wildcat Mini Chicken, Chimmy chogas. Ryan, you want to some diary three am Again.
Speaker 1: I've already gotten some from this tournament before, so I may as well have a little bit more k loaded mac and cheese. That's kind of disappointing. Os U's Orange Power piece is probably pretty good. I bet that the Lubbock Burger's pretty good as well. There's there's a lot of good ones.
Speaker 3: Say that loaded mac and cheese is a generally overrated dish anyway, not that it's bad overrated.
Speaker 1: You're right, and it probably it probably will be again here, but you know, you kind of have to we have to trust that it's from Lawrence, right.
Speaker 3: I bet it'll be fine.
Speaker 2: At never let you down. In March.
Speaker 1: At AJ stevens and says what plays are on the Dewan Harris career highlight reel ads? I can only think of two, the Iowa State game winner and the Kentucky game from last year. Are there any others? I mean, those are the two that come to mind first.
Speaker 3: Harris play a stretch of having a few big buckets in a row. If I remembering correctly, idea was it was in seems like that specifically, remember.
Speaker 1: I think it was that in that same year as the iOS no is the next year wherever he made five threes in Lubbock and they barely won down there the last time that they won there. I think that was, Uh, that's that's that's up there. No, he doesn't have a lot of highlights, but I think that's just kind of that's kind of his mo right, Like, he also doesn't have a lot of low points, like the moments. You remember the stepping on the line in the National Championship game which didn't amount to anything, But like, there aren't a lot of just floor falls out onto one Harris moments either. I think that is who he is. He's the penny slots of point guards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think it's a good win.
Speaker 1: Put it at Chris Circo too. If Colorado were to unbelievably win the conference tournament, what see would they get in March? I love these questions. Okay, let's see here. If Colorado were to win the NCAA tournament, Yeah, the answer is probably a twelve. What's their record? Like, because they have a terrible record, they would need to win five games, which would put them at seventeen and nineteen. Yeah, they're like a thirteen seed probably right.
Speaker 3: Because in like Oregon, Oregon won the Pac twelve title a time or two and they were like barely above five hundred.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, they were like at twelve. Yeah, and their bet that team's better than this Colorado team. Yes, at shell me Hawk says, how's this team finally developed a clutch gene? Or did they play above their heads unseenior day? It was good to see them be clutch.
Speaker 2: They have not.
Speaker 1: They have not been proven to close out close games like that in a while. Also, it's at home, you're always gonna take it with a grain of salt, and everyone was having a really nice day at AJ Stevenson. Did Hunter refusing to let go of the jump ball at TCU end up being a turning point in his season? Maybe that We have seen a lot of moments since then where it's been like, oh, there's that toughness that people have been dying to see from him.
Speaker 2: Cam I just blanked out for five seconds. Yeah, Hunter Dickinson looked great. That's how I have to add to that one quality podcast that'll work.
Speaker 1: AJ also says Saint John started the season unranked. Are now in the top six. Zoobie av It's fourteen and eight. He hasn't been a focal point. Kansas got seventeen and ten from Hunter as a focal point. They're now in ranks. Are you still convinced, Kay you would suck without him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hunter's better than Zubi Kansas would be worse if you replaced Hunter with Zubi, right, Like, we're gonna agree.
Speaker 3: On this, I think so, Yes, that's likely.
Speaker 1: Kudos to Zubi, who's had a great year. He's also got a great coach, as does Hunter figuring that out.
Speaker 3: But but just the game.
Speaker 1: Yes, But like Hunter isn't a liability here, another very good center would really not elevate Kansas, Like like, I don't know, I just think that you'd be He would be replacing a guy who has not cost Kansas games this year. Yeah, Kansas Guard play at Mayo Zeke Berner. What is the point of AJ stores four minutes a half he gets there isn't one stop playing him.
Speaker 2: It's worthless, just an I all money and this is a it's that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this this is a sad thing for me to say because I've been on the AJ needs to play more Crane all year and I think that more often than not that camp would have been proven to be at least partly correct. He's a talented player that needs more minutes. But it's the ship is too far sailed. He is a complete liability out there. It looks like he's moving in slow motion. It's like he's having to move half speed while the guy that's getting ready to block his shot is moving full speed and can like time it out so easily because it feels like half of his shots get blocked at the rim. Everything moves slow when it's in his hands, and that's if a possession doesn't end in a turnover, he cannot play anymore. Yep, correct at Elliott Russen h one, what do you think it requires for Kansas to move up the sea line? Is it overall wins in the Big twelve tournaments or is it specific opponents.
Speaker 3: Well, they're gonna have to get both, just by the nature of how this goes. If you in a vacuum, you could pick one or the other, I think it would be quality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, yes, And I don't think you can have one without the other end this tournament. Obviously, if they beat Utah and then lose to Arizona, that's not gonna change their seed much. But in order to get the number of wins required to move up, you're going to beat quality teams along the way, so they'll work together. And then there's also Bentley Hunt fifteen who says, say Kansas wins the Big twelve Championship or makes the title game? Is a four out of the question. If they win the Big twelve Tournament, I think they'll probably find their way to a four.
Speaker 3: Probably maybe maybe it would at least be in question.
Speaker 1: That would be twenty five wins, twenty four twenty five, Yeah, I think that's gotta be real close. That'd be a lot of quality wins in a hurry. A couple of questions here that can relate to the end of the game. Elliot rus Nate says, what is some of your favorites hit you in the field sports moments? And Chris Circo two says, got to say, I feel kind of terrible for being hard on kJ into one all year. They've both given this team so much over six years and were contributors and the national championship run. Is it weird to say that I'm going to miss those guys despite criticizing them. No part of sports and part of them making money is you are allowed to criticize their games. It's this very small percentage on Twitter that takes it too far, that wishes harm on the players, that says that they can't wait for these players to be gone, that accuses them of not trying harder being a poor teammate. That's where the line gets crossed. Criticizing the athletes is fine, just doing it respectfully. I've never seen anything from from Chris that would that would indicate that he's crossed that line, but plenty of fans have. And yeah, you can absolutely still like players and root for players despite knowing that they weren't gonna get it done. My teenage self rooted for so many horrendous Royals teams and horrible Chiefs teams because I so badly thought that those players that I liked, that I stood outside at the stadiums to get their autographs even though they were terrible, that I rooted for those guys because even though they sucked. And that's okay, Like, that's that's that's perfectly allowed to root for players and to enjoy rooting for players while also doubting that they can be the very best of the best on the biggest stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's well said.
Speaker 1: There are some of the the what are some of the hit you in the field sports moments, there's a lot of them.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think two specific ku ones, like along these lines, A senior day moment when specifically v gave his senior speech and he was talking about how his parents like brought him to the gym every day. I remember that, yeah, and he started choking up. But yeah, seventeen year old me was like, it's it's getting a little it's a little roasting here. Boys.
Speaker 1: It was the same one as the Vante's speech too, when he was in tears.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a good one. And then a month later, when DeVante Graham got checked out for the last time of the Final four in the game they were getting blown out, I was deeply sad.
Speaker 1: By the two seed or the one seed or whatever it was the same seed. Yeah, I remember that that did happen.
Speaker 2: Cam.
Speaker 1: Are you we an get hit in the fields kind of guy with sports?
Speaker 2: Not really, but I mean I think, like what the last Frank Mason game Begainst Oregon sucked? And then the Frank Mason like senior night was tough Whenny checked out.
Speaker 1: At Dick underscore Taser. Don't look this up, but does anyone know what NCAA team Robert Pettiford Junior is on.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do know that. Do either of you know this? I don't, I should I saw this the other night, but no, I'm not gonna guess it.
Speaker 1: I saw it because I saw the ESPN highlights. I learned this yesterday. Bobby Pettiford scored seventeen points as high Point, took down win throw oh to clinch an NCAA bid. Yep, he is, He's gonna be He's gonna be dancing, which is pretty cool. So let's see here. Bernard Goff eighteen zero zero two wants us to predict the Big twelfth Tournament.
Speaker 2: We will do that.
Speaker 1: The questions about like kJ and Hunter playing really well, as the common notion that guard play threes, what wins in March, We're gonna be like what happens to Texas Tech and narrow losson around A thirty two. Yeah, that's what's gonna happen. If Zeke Mayo has an off night against anybody but the first team.
Speaker 3: You play, and even then depending on who that is, that's not a layup.
Speaker 1: This year at rd Evans eleven, best court design that has been an Allen is at the circle with the K, the original, the state outline, the Big Jayhawk. I like the Big Jayhawk. It's pretty much all out big JA I love how it's it's the biggest center court logo in sports. Agreed, But they're all good, Like the retro shape of Kansas on the court is really really good. Two more here and then if we didn't end up getting to it, just ultimately ran out of time. Appreciate everybody's questions at Bernard Gaw, excuse me, at Drew Watten was the Big twelve weeker than we thought? Houston wins it by four games BYU and Zona finish in the top four and their first year. I don't think it was weaker than we thought. I just think this is what happens when you add games and add opponents, and you're going to water down the league a little bit. There are just enough layup games here with the Colorados and the Arizona States where you're going to spread the top and the bottom out very far.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Big Twelve, well, I think the Big twelve actually this year was weaker than we thought it would be. I don't think that has anything to do with Arizona and Houston finishing in the top four in their first year like that was an expected thing this year, particularly, I know Arizona didn't start the year great, but they finished very well. So no, I don't think those two things are correlated necessarily. I do think the Big Twelve was down this year. I think it's pretty evident. But I don't think Arizona and Houston having good years means the Big Twelve was bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: If you ever have asked arcb's used a Twitter hashtag ask RCB, there's one about how do we expect Kansas to do in neutral site games? We're going to answer that here right now. But I do love at showing me Hawk saying. Can you imagine if we could ever get the Big Twelve on Nickelodeon, have SpongeBob and Patrick calling a game at Allen Field House? It would not be worse than Fran for Scilla, especially if we can get SpongeBob in there to say, what does he say when he raises his hand in the Band Geeks episode, everybody knows it Come on Land and you said it earlier?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's it is mayonnaise an instrument?
Speaker 1: Correct, because every human on earth knows that SpongeBob says is mayonnaise? Or Patrick said, is mayonnaise an instrument? All right, let's preve you the Big twelve Tournament. This will be pretty fun. So Kansas, they are the sixth seed. They're going to play the winner of number eleven Utah and number fourteen UCF, which they have a chance for some revenge on the Utes or potentially less likely a third win over UCF. Let's go through the bracket here and you guys tell me who are your Day one winners. These are going to be games that are actually count in. Pickup Number twelve Oklahoma State versus number thirteen Cincinnati, Give me the Bearcats to stay alive for one more day.
Speaker 3: I I'm gonna agree.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati, Cincy, number nine TCU getting the rematch against number sixteen Colorado. I say this time the horn Frogs win. Yes, yep, TCU, Number ten Kansas State maybe the only reason to buy a ticket today one for the locals against number fifteen Arizona State. Case State may have totally quit, but I will reluctantly trust them to win a single game here in Kansas City.
Speaker 3: Well, you mean you don't want to see UCF Utah Ryan, Yeah.
Speaker 2: K State, Yeah, KSE State.
Speaker 1: They travel and then to play Kansas number eleven Utah and UCF as the fourteen seed, I will take the Utes, but I'm definitely getting one of those last two games wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna zag and go with the Knights here.
Speaker 2: I'll take the.
Speaker 1: And then so that would set up is is there any upsets there? If you're so, those are your pick'am points here. The rest of them are hypotheticals. At this point we won't know. We won't know the exact matchups. But give me your final four, give me your semi finals opponents. I will take BYU to beat Iowa State and get there. Obviously, Houston, you take some chalk and they're gonna beat whoever. So by BYU Houston on the top half, and then on the bottom, I'm going chaos. Number seven Baylor beats number two Texas Tech. The Bears are in the semis and who else but Kansas wearing the blues upsets Arizona sets up a Baylor v. Kansas semi final game on the bottom half.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Iowa State Houston on the top, and I'm gonna go Texas Tech Kansas.
Speaker 2: On bottom BYU Houston, a top Texas Tech Kansas at bottom.
Speaker 1: Who is the championship here? You you have to know who I'm going there. It's a Houston v. Kansas championship game.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, Iowa State plays really well in this tournament. I think they make a run here. Iowa State will play Texas Tech in the title.
Speaker 2: I will take Houston and Ku.
Speaker 1: Wow, look at us. Iowa State smashed Houston last year, so that is a potential revenge spot. And then for the title, for the title, come on, you already know you can't beat a team three times in one year. Houston can't beat Kansas three times. No chance Ku gets the ship and gets the four seed.
Speaker 3: Kansas never beat mediocre k State three times in one year, including a big TWEF title victory.
Speaker 2: That happen. Oh man, I'm gonna say the same thing.
Speaker 3: Giving Kansas Tech tech Tech wins the big twLF tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tech is Tech is really good. Well, we'll see, we will see. I don't know it should be picked other games. I don't know what the pick them like. We don't know these matchups.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to pick like Georgia Tech Stanford or whatever? The frick of the ACC tournament?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 3: The only one I was gonna pull up.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna pull up the SEC and see if they're okay, we will we can pick. We can pick the first four games of the SEC for pick them. Here, let me make sure that I have the right bracket. Uh, okay, come on something, please load. Here we go, number sixteen South Carolina against number nine Arkansas. I want to see John Caliperi in the tournament, so I am gonna pick him to go way too far.
Speaker 3: Here, I agree, Arkansas.
Speaker 2: ARC.
Speaker 1: And then what that's number? I don't have the actual bracket in front of me. So the next one is eight Old miss versus No, wait a minute, it's it's ten Mississippi State versus fifteen LSU. I guess we'll go with Chris Beard's team to pack a punch.
Speaker 3: Yeah. LSU sucks. So give me Missippi State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mississippi State.
Speaker 1: Number fourteen Oklahoma versus number eleven Georgia. My answer never, Porter give me the Bulldogs. Correct, sure, and the coin flip here number twelve Vanderbilt versus number thirteen Texas. Also the answer never, Rodney Terry, the worst Major coaching higher in the last five years, give me Vandy.
Speaker 3: I will say I'm gonna take Vandy, but I think whoever wins this game, will go to play Tennessee in the quarterfinal.
Speaker 2: Ooh ooh, I'll take Vandy as well.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll look at us. So Cam, the people want to know, with every Kansas game in this tournament being late, are we going to hear from you until the NCAA selection show.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try. I will, I will try.
Speaker 1: It may take some cocaine, but Cam will be there. Do you think it matters who? Do you think it matters who Kansas plays between Utah and UCF? Because I think that I think that I think Utah is the is the more preferred draw at this point. UCF can fill it up. They got two guys that can shoot really well. I will in a in a much more friendly atmosphere for Kansas. I would rather than get another shot at Utah. I know Utah beat them this year, but that's the matchup I want in a big twelve tournament team that hasn't played in this event before h and a team that Kansas has to be much more focused on.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, I think that's the right take. I think Utah is definitely less explosive, but they've been better lately.
Speaker 1: I do think Kansas will beat their team. Yes, yes, and then if they if they get past that, you are for sure getting Arizona. They have the double by Kansas just beat Arizona and they should have another very friendly home court setting. It's another Arizona hasn't played in the Big twelve tournament. I think Kansas would be a favorite in that game. That's a coin flip. We all pick Kansas to win that game hypothetically, but that's a tough game. Arizona's tough to keep down. Their offense is good. It will probably be Kansas by two or so, and pick them, and I think that it certainly wouldn't Would it surprise you at all if Arizona beat them by ten, It wouldn't surprise me at all.
Speaker 3: That game will be very close. If it does happen, I think it will. I am drinking the kool aid full stop that Kansas wins that game. But similarly, I would not be shocked if Arizona, Yeah, wins that game by three possessions.
Speaker 1: They got as good of a draw as you could have asked them to get in this tournament. They should not have a trouble with Utah or UCF. Shouldn't doesn't mean they won't, but they shouldn't, especially if you think they're going deep. Arizona is the preferred of any of the team's one, two, three, or four. Houston Tech BYU Arizona, I think the Wildcats are far and away the one that you want the most of those to play in the core. Then once you get to the semis, you're probably dealing with Tech, maybe Baylor, maybe somebody else. But whoever you play at that point is gonna be tough, and you're going to have a home court advantage against any team you play besides maybe Iowa State and who's also on the other side of the bracket.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's just get an Iowa State Kansas chip for full time saken eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: Good chance there will be based on the pass. All right, Well, our next show will come out at some point between Big Twelve Tournament games. If Kansas drops a third as they did last year and loses in the first round of the Big Twelve Tournament, then we're probably not hopping back on the microphone at eleven o'clock that night to talk about it. We'll do it later in the week. But if they have another game in twenty four hours, you'll probably wake up Thursday morning like a little kid on Christmas who got that toy one under his tree? To a new episode of Inside the Paint on your phone, How's about us? Woh, this is itp from Shreveport, Louisiana. I'm Ryan andres from.
Speaker 3: Not the ether of the two places. My co hosts are at at play in Fields.
Speaker 2: And I'm a misunderstood. Robert Frost.
Speaker 1: Came into that somebody's saying goodbye to Utah because they don't have a chance against Bill's wagon.
Speaker 2: Buy monogamous, non monogamous mouth breathing the intererthals