Speaker 1: Alright, we're back News Radio eight for w h A.
Speaker 2: Why way, that's another thing. Hang on, man, I got to say. He just brought up another thing about last night. Do you give your speech? You go? You know, I thank our engineer, Dan, I want to thank you know, Karen from Accounting, Terry Miners, Tony Cruz, everybody, but you leave me out.
Speaker 1: I feel bad about it.
Speaker 2: And then they read your little you know, your stupid little biography, your dumb ass biography.
Speaker 1: I accomplished this. Well.
Speaker 2: First, what has w q mf ever been a steam radio station?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Did did you write this crap? But here's where I'm getting that. He just says, I used to listen to you and Tony while I was growing up on one hundred point five of Fox. Why was the Morning Movement our morning show not listed on your on your criteria? Why would you? Why would you be? Our slug line? Was the Morning Movement make us number one when you're going number two? It's true, it was like it was like a like Walter Cronkitt and Dan.
Speaker 1: Rather, it's a part of my career that I'd rather forget.
Speaker 2: Well, Uh, you got a lot last night during your acceptance speech.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry I left you out. You and Dave. I left you in Dave out and and Terry Miners called me earlier that day and said, dude, take notes, because you're gonna forget the most important people in your life.
Speaker 2: And I forgot almost almost as if he were embarrassed for some reason. But I digress. Enough about your shortcomings and.
Speaker 1: Your stupid dishy highway for USA.
Speaker 2: Care, your stupid falsey heart.
Speaker 1: I don't know if people knew that that I had a heart attack. Did they not know that almost died? Yeah, your last thoughts were saved the show, Dwight. I love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was watching you downstage last night. Anyway, USA Cares. Listen to this, man, USA Cares. They have a one hundred percent rating on Charitynavigator. That's impossible. Only three percent of the charities on Charity Navigator can get that have gotten that high of a rating. And with USA Cares, man, it's year after year after year. If you're looking for in an organization to donate to this holiday season, are men and women to serve they need them, and this is your organization.
Speaker 1: Okay, we talked about the stop gap between if you know, we don't want evictions. We want you know, car payments, food, you know, keep the electric on. But then it goes way farther than that. Todd is with us. Todd, how are you.
Speaker 3: Good morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 1: We just talked about what you do, which is career skills, So so tell me what you do with USA CARES. It's fascinating.
Speaker 3: So with USA CARES, I am the career Skills manager. I work with service members exiting the military, so those retiring from the military as well as exiting after their term. After they've served their term up and so the Army allows you to participate in a fellowship just like a college student would up to one hundred and twenty days. We run a CSP program or Skills Career skills program out of Fort Knox and we partner with organizations small, medium, and large, and we try to take those skill sets of those service members and partner them in internships and ultimately we want those internships to lead to their second career because many many of these service members, the military is all they've known. They've never job interviewed before. And so I had a service member exiting wanted to become an electrician. I needed to find some electricians that were hiring that we wanted to do this, and so I called to a lot of electricians in the town area and came across Brian at gen Ray. We talked about the program. He said, let's talk about it. I want to interview the service member and ultimately we went with a program.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say we have some corporate citizens or some industries listening right now and they say, you know what, we'd like to be a part of that. How they get in touch.
Speaker 3: With you, Todd? So for me, they just need to reach out to us at USA Care talk about the CSP program. Hey, we want to be part of your fellowship program. We have a lot of great organizations, General Electric Beam, I'm sorry, Centaury Global. Now, we have the distilleries that are looking at it. So we have a numerous, diverse group of industries that are looking to do that. But we need small medium in large. Right, we know where some of the workforces and this is a perfect everybody, look at somebody.
Speaker 1: This is a perfect marriage. And Brian, you're with gen Ray. Tell us about gen Ray first.
Speaker 4: So we're a family owned business in Elizabethtown, started in nineteen eighty three by my parents, and then they decided to retire. I bought it out in twenty one, so we're still small, family.
Speaker 1: Owned residential, commercial, commercial industrial. Both. Okay, guys, what do you do there?
Speaker 5: Electrical contract contract?
Speaker 1: So how did you marry with this?
Speaker 4: Got the unusual call from Todd and I had to get him to explain the program to me two or three times because they just SA and to.
Speaker 2: Good to be true to.
Speaker 4: Ask me to send to a person, a person who has a work history. They understand responsibility and uh and they want responsibility and I don't have to pay them and and.
Speaker 3: That really blew my mind.
Speaker 4: Well, they're still paid by the military for the number of weeks they're in this program.
Speaker 5: So uh he we we got it.
Speaker 4: We I interviewed Anthony, and uh, you know, this guy is almost my age. I'm forty six, he's early forties. Uh, comes in, sits down. I can tell he's a little nervous. You know, I know I know a little bit about his military service from talking to Todd, and and uh, five ten minutes break the ice, and he seems comfortable with me. Uh we're getting along well and and uh, you know, it seems like he's gonna be a great fit for the program. He just wants he wants to be an electrician. He thinks that's going to be interesting. So as as we're going through it, what we can offer and and uh in our expectations of employees. Uh, you know, towards the end, he tells me, he says, uh. He goes, Man, I I really appreciate you sitting down with me today. You know, I've been in the military twenty I think it's twenty three years. I joined right after high school. I'm getting out now. And I just didn't know if anybody would want me. Oh and God, and.
Speaker 2: Here's this big dude.
Speaker 4: He's he's full of muscle and sitting across the table from me, and I'm I'm like, man, I only known you fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: I want to give you a hug.
Speaker 4: Right, So it's a lost and it's been it's been an incredible experience. One, get somebody who understands, you know what work responsibility is. You don't have to tell him everything. Yeah, And Two he wants to be here. He worked for eight weeks thirty two hours a week, and and nobody made him come to work.
Speaker 5: Wow, because he wants to be here.
Speaker 4: So just it's an incredible, incredible opportunity, and I'm thankful that USA Care is the one that they're helping veterans with programs like this. But from our standpoint as an employer, it's it's it's almost as if they're helping us as much as as they're helping the people that need it.
Speaker 1: When you contact people or people like is this a scam?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Like it this sounds too good to be right, because Brian, he's right. We're all looking for these companies are all looking for good people. And now I had no offense to anybody out there, you won't show up, So they're not showing up anymore. Everybody deals with that. So when you're dealing with people that are like, is this a scam? What's going on? Well?
Speaker 3: If my sales pitch isn't working, when I tell them that, look, you do not have to pay. This is an intern paid internship that's unpaid. The military is still paying them, like there's no workers comp there's not like that's the military has them. They're like, wait, wait a second, what so I basically have them on an eight week interview? You're correct, you're going to have them for eight weeks. You can put them in the roles that you want them to be in when they're out of this internship. It's an eight week interview.
Speaker 2: What an incredible opportunity for a company out there to find a great, qualified, dedicated worker and see how they do for eight weeks on an internship.
Speaker 4: Well that was I was telling one of our vendors about this just a few days ago, about the whole program and how it worked out for us, and he said, this is awesome. You get to try him for eight You got to try this guy for eight weeks before you hired him. And I said, you know, I hadn't thought of it that way, and he kind of looked at me funny, and I said, well, I looked at it as though I got to give an opportunity for this individual to work eight weeks and what he hopes is going to be his next career before he had to make a mind up if he wanted to go to work force or not. And and you know, it's the same exact thing, but it's from the the opposite side of the spectrum.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I was happy that when his eight weeks was up, he was like, yeah, I really like this, and I like working here, and I like working with the people.
Speaker 1: That I'm in and that's it is.
Speaker 3: It's uh, it was. It told him, just.
Speaker 2: I gotta chase the squirrel. Look at it, Todd, I'd like to have Todd is a neighbor. Look at the guy. He looks like Todd looks like the guy I could fix anything. You know what I'm saying, like my dishword, because I'm I'm as handy as nipples on a bull. But I can see Todd going, hey, caught my wife called Todd. Can you just seem walking down the driveway in his robe getting the paper morning?
Speaker 1: Todd?
Speaker 2: Look at the guy?
Speaker 1: How did you find you any USA cares?
Speaker 3: I was calling on trace. I was with another organization and I wanted him to become a member. And so at the end of the conversation, I said, well, how can I help you moving forward? And he's like, well, we have some positions open, and I said, tell me about the position you have opened. This was the position that he was looking to hire. Yeah, and I come from my father's a marine. My father in law is a combat veteran in the army as well. So I come from a family that's that served. Both grandfathers were in the military too. So look, I like helping people as you see, right, and we want to we want to give those opportunities to those service members because it's a second career. These when we say retire, everyone thinks sixty five. Yes, these are service members that are coming out in their early forties. They have another lifetime ahead of them, right, rightly, there's no question. And so that's the beauty of this program. And that's where we are one hundred percent open arms to talking to organizations that want to take part, because it's you're right, it's too good to be true. He's going to get a tax credit for hiring a veteran as well, right, So when you put the tax credit in with the money he saved an internship, it's a very big win win. And it's just it's empowering, right. We want to empower the employer. We want to empower the workforce as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to reset where we are if you're just now tuning in, we are with USA Cares. It's one of mine and Tony's favorite organizations. They have a one hundred percent rating on Charity Navigator that is absolutely unheard of. It impossible to do. And right now we're talking about hire a veteran. How about an internship where you get paid while they intern and it's basically an eight week interview. Can you find out is this the right employee for me? Man? That's a win win todd.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: You can't pay enough for people to show up on time.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, it's just a career.
Speaker 1: Your early uh you know, and you know this. I have two of my friends have retired colonels and they had a hard time transitioning because people wouldn't you know, they don't answer emails, they don't. It's it's like they're just like the regular world is nuts, Like they don't get it because they and that's the value of that, and it's not so we talk about USA Cares and what they do and you think, oh, they're helping feed a family, but it splinters out to more than that, which is this, which is the real tangible hands on changing people's lives because they do you think, oh, well, he's a retired veteran, he's got his stuff together. No, man, they still need direction too, And and those got to be the satisfying when you interview those veterans right where you're like you're talking to him and you're like, I love this guy. He's got it together, but he needs direction.
Speaker 3: Well, and for me it's being you know, we do our due diligence. Brian and I talk more ultiple times making sure that was the right fit. Brian interview Anthony. So you're gonna interview these possible candidates before they're put into that role. And so you're right that the rewarding thing is making sure we're putting them into those internships where ultimately we want a job offer then, right, we just don't want an experience, right, we want a job offer then, and so we really do our due diligence on both sides.
Speaker 1: Do they go to USA cares dot org to get ahold of you? Yea? What do they click on?
Speaker 3: They can go to USA Cares and then it'll be under our programs and they'll talk career transition. Yeah, and so they can look that and they can also call and call the office number there and we can get that connected with us.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it because right now we're talking with electrician. You know, you have a veteran with an internship.
Speaker 3: That you're more likely going to hire the guys. So he did.
Speaker 2: He started.
Speaker 5: He started about three or four weeks ago.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this, then, Todd, Is there an industry? Is there a category right now that you are falling short of where maybe if there's a business z owner listening, I'm open to that. Is there a category in particular need that you're just opened all of them?
Speaker 3: I think we're really open to all of them. That CSP program is mainly designed for service members coming out of Fort Knox. It's to take part, you got to you have to be in a fifty mile radius of Fort Knox to be in this fellowship. But I work with service members that are exiting out of Fort Campbell right and they're coming back to back to Louisville, and they're like, hey, I need I need some assistance. So our job is to help veterans find jobs. It's part of the CSP program, is our role. But I also help veterans in Florida and Texas that reach out to us and say, hey, I saw where you do resume assistance. I'm struggling to find a job. I sit down with them, we do a resume review. We take the military jargon and turn it into civilian terms that an hr or or the wizard right that it didn't spit through can do it. But ultimately putting that resume in someone's hands and having conversation like this is the way we are really really successful.
Speaker 1: Todd, thank you for everything you do. Go to USA cares dot org, click on programs, drop down and you'll see it. Brian Family owned Operation Fantastic. You love that that it's you bought it from your parents, right, I mean that's uh.
Speaker 3: Some days, some days I.
Speaker 1: Get it. I get it. But Gene Ray Electric in the Etown, thank you for what you guys do, and thanks for hooking up and coming on the radio with us today and sharing your story.
Speaker 3: Thank you for allowing us to be on the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. All Right, not the Morning Movement, but this show. Okay, I think the Morning Movement.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so something make.
Speaker 1: Stupid name as a matter of such a stupid name, good morning Movement? Then what is stupid? Was that your idea? I can't remember it was. Of course it was.
Speaker 2: And so was the slug line. I know, make us number one when you're going number two.
Speaker 1: I know we had yards on it. Perfect No, all right, short break, We'll come back Johnny.
Speaker 6: Who do Havel and Elan and bear nos?
Speaker 1: Oh oh it's Gus, I had gush.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, how you doing, guys? Hey, Todd Bryan, you got to meet our boss, Gus. He's the most handsome, intelligent guy you have ever meet.
Speaker 1: Walk away, walk away you guys, Well you can't. He's kissing our boss's ass. Hey.
Speaker 6: Did I get to mention in your thing last night too?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, yes, yeah, yes, I did. You the greatest boss.
Speaker 2: He just talked about it. I can get your recording, you said. He Actually he said, I'm accepting this ward despite having a stupid boss like Gus Allen. And that's when I got him walked out.
Speaker 6: Gus, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, You're welcome anytime. Elin and Edlin. You're selling your house is one percent commission ary. Why would you go somewhere else? Dude? I know he's your cousin and you want to go with him with a real estate agent. Why would you do that? So go with Etland and Eland? Uh? Five night nine hundred is the phone over the owner of the business. Dude, they've been around for forty six years. What are you doing? Keep the equity in your home in your pocket one percent commissioner eate selling your home in properties whatever it is five nine nine eight hundred Back after this life from a party, what Dixee Highway.
Speaker 2: I'm excited baby with this. I'm back in town. One of the things I missed the most was Baronos Pizza. Baby Louisville style pizza. The pizza in the constantly gets back to the city of Louisville. I love Baronals pizza. You will too. It doesn't have to be a special occasion. And to go to Baronols, because when you go to Baronols it becomes a special occasion. And let me tell you about Third and Market. Oh my gosh, the new Baronols the Third Market is absolutely beautiful. And next Friday, December twentieth, Dave Moody and Steve Clark short Bus will be performing live there. It's Jefferson Tark Buss scretched down to just a couple of guys. Join me there. I will be there. It's Friday switching it up. Baronel's Pizza Dining, carry out a delivery. Yeah, it's that good stick around. Possibly we might be playing really in the years, we might not it's a fifty to fifty. We'll find out when we come back. News Radio eight forty W.
Speaker 1: A H A S. Yeah, we got it, we got it. Hey, Dwight, come on, man, we're busy here. It's kind of crazy. Hey back news Radio eight forty W H A S. It is really in the year's time. As we put our headsets. But this is yours, this is yours, This is yours. There you go, sweetie, sit down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is no color coded. I'm blue, all right, I'm blue.
Speaker 1: Hey Gus, how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm peachy? How about you all?
Speaker 1: The mayor south End is yeah, thank you, Maryra south End. Here's white. It is shaking.
Speaker 6: Baby element out there.
Speaker 1: He's in his element, stopping.
Speaker 2: Everybody's stopping.
Speaker 1: By Dwight used to sleep in the back of a Hearty's on Dixie. Now he's broadcasting live.
Speaker 2: Yes, but that was down here.
Speaker 6: You just have a turnstile into your house or something.
Speaker 2: I did have a style and that was for like five years.
Speaker 1: And yeah, where did you steal where did you steal that frot?
Speaker 2: That would be broad Ben Arena ice Hawks game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, brand new style limitations.
Speaker 2: It's over good, Yes, broad Ben arena after an Ice Hawks game.
Speaker 1: Is where that stole a brand new turnstile and put it in his basement so you could count how many people came.
Speaker 2: Out of the house in the year. It was through my front door.
Speaker 1: Oh, front door for like five years.
Speaker 2: Then I just put it in the basement because it got hard. And by the way, it's difficult bringing the groceries in the house. You had to walk through it.
Speaker 1: By the way, Gus he was wearing his station jacket.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: He loads it in the truck, stealing it from broad He drives out onto the Circle of Champions, the road to get out of the fairgrounds, and it falls out of the truck. So they both get out station jackets and all and loads it instead of just keep driving and go we need to go. No, they load it back into the truck and take off, all on video.
Speaker 7: The good thing there was nothing identifying that the police and witnesses could see.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, no, no, no, they identified and they went no, just let those guys tell you.
Speaker 2: The back of this QBMF jacket, the QMF was was so big, huge, huge big.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play really in the are you ready?
Speaker 6: First song here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And get your ship thinking caps on.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh oh uh, doctor Hook, it's yacht rock time.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, doctor Hook.
Speaker 2: Sharon to give I love. This band its Courtney Donhoe's a favorite band. She likes to make sweetsweet love to this.
Speaker 1: Pull this video up and you will watch it and gets a video to it. Oh my gosh, it's so incredible. You're like, why wasn't I in twenty something in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Courtney Donohoe is a very generous lover or two.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true, it's wildly No, all right, that is seventy seven seventy six.
Speaker 7: I think, okay, all right with seventy next, here you go, Billy Joe.
Speaker 1: Oh you should know this. No, come on, you're the Billy Joel.
Speaker 2: Dude album is like seventy seven.
Speaker 1: That's what I said, seventy seven seventy six, Doctor, I.
Speaker 2: Like seventy seven. Keep it to yourself.
Speaker 1: Not every song has to have your stupid name.
Speaker 2: Keep keep it to yourself.
Speaker 1: The why no, stop you ruin every song?
Speaker 2: You ruin every song around white.
Speaker 1: I can anchor around my neck.
Speaker 2: An anchor that didn't get announced.
Speaker 1: I forgot your name. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: You really forgot it?
Speaker 1: I did, I did, I did say something. Everybody I named Terry.
Speaker 2: This is time passages Ol Stewarts. Time Passages by Al Stewart.
Speaker 6: Right, that's correct, very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to say seventy seven, nineteen seven.
Speaker 1: Seven say six seventy seven.
Speaker 2: People say I sound a lot like al Stewart.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: It was late in December.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Time. I wish you did. You sound like a big dumb your face dumb ass, like a turd. All right, give me the word seventy six, seventy seven. All right, you're probably in the right, you have Yeah, okay, oh no, this is later. This is seventy nine or seventy eight. This is seventy nine.
Speaker 7: What's she saying on this? I love the night life. Then I kind of lose it after that. I love the buget.
Speaker 1: I like bogie.
Speaker 2: I like the boogie.
Speaker 6: I like to boogie on the disco, right, hound on the disco. Yeah, I gotta I gotta get the chorus.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: I love the White's life.
Speaker 1: Why do you ruin in every song?
Speaker 2: I love the White's Life?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? I love to booget can you do anything about this?
Speaker 6: Nope, I can't da I'm the boss.
Speaker 2: I guess I can. I left. Here we go, No, just going?
Speaker 1: Yeah, seventy eight at seventy eight, I'll.
Speaker 2: Go seven seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is uh, this is Saturday Night fever age. Yeah, that's what that is.
Speaker 6: Also top ten on this week some year.
Speaker 2: That's how much me? Let me up?
Speaker 1: Will you please shut up? Let me I did a nice way.
Speaker 2: Like you shut up before you said my name last night on your acceptance speech.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I felt really bad about it, dude. I really did drag myself to sleep about it.
Speaker 2: If you would have felt bad, you wouldn't have done to begin with.
Speaker 1: That's true, mentioned Terry.
Speaker 2: Here we go, No, wait a minute's of course flying?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No more.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what song this is.
Speaker 2: It's I just told you, well.
Speaker 6: You didn't play this on qmth back in the day.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not that old baby, I don't know this song. I'm at seventy eight. Where are you? Oh? No, I know this song? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh feel for you, baby, I thought it was mean. I like seventy eight so far, I'm at seventy blocking My answer down until we get the one more.
Speaker 6: This will be one more top two.
Speaker 2: It's just number one song.
Speaker 7: This still take forever to get there, but you'll know what it is in a second. I don't hear this song anymore. This is one that just you hear the other version of this one. You know what this is? No, it's Donna Summer MacArthur Park.
Speaker 6: Oh my lord, it's one of those.
Speaker 7: It's like, well, yeah, the original is like a forever. This one's only four minutes. Donna Summers, Donna Summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's seventy eight.
Speaker 6: I don't even it's set through this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm squeaking towards seventy nine, but since it's December, it's December, so I'm thinking it's late late seventy eight. No, I'm in with seventy.
Speaker 2: Eight, Okay, seventy seventy eighty.
Speaker 1: Nineteen seventy eight. I danced to this, yeah the freaks. She I had a white suit. I had a white suit. Oh dude, that was the best dancer on the floor. You know I was on You know why I was on the dance floor because that's where the girls were. Nineteen seventy eight. Gus, tell me, I'm wrong, baby, eight. Tell me I'm wrong, bro, answer you got nineteen seventy eight. Eight, nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 7: The Freak from Chic was number one on this date, nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Lock it in, baby, that's what That's going to be a good weekend. I know it all right.
Speaker 2: Can I give a real short acceptance speech about my win? No, couldn't have done without my boss, Gus Allen and all the important people like John and Gus Allen and Maddie. I want to thank Maddie. And of course he did stab at USA Cares, Jeff Parker, Bruce Blanket Ship. I could not have won. I love you all. I was more in just a bit on news right away. Forty w h A s oh and my mom? I love you mom.
Speaker 1: Do you tell me my I thought you were kidding? My eyes were bloodshot? Your eyes. I went in the bathroom, looked in and said, oh my god, I look dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no you do? You look you look uh horrible.
Speaker 1: Thank you appreciate it me. You're so sweet. You know. Did you sleep in that outfit last night? No, this is not what I wore last night. I looked good last night. Tell me I didn't tell me I did not look that good. Actually I liked your suit? Did you like that I did clean up? Uh. Somebody just walked into Hearty's on Dixie Highway where we are and donated ten thousand dollars two yes cares.
Speaker 2: And it was ten thousand dollars, well spent USA cares as we see, Bill Roby. Bill Roby, get your butt over here. The USA cares. That's what we're talking about. Look at here, that's the man.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Bill Roby? Haven't seen? Man? Haven't seen Let's can you talk on the air with us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's supposed to. No, you're gonna wait for the guy with the car. All right, there's an announcement about a car situation that they're auctioning off. And you're not gonna believe.
Speaker 2: I just got excited to see I always get excited Bill see Bill Roby because he always owes me money. That's true, didn't they always?
Speaker 1: The Roby's always Look the Roby's are famous for not paying their belt, their billing.
Speaker 2: So but listen, ten thousand dollars. Somebody just came by God bless you did not want to be.
Speaker 1: Uh, we're not mentioned his name. He didn't want that. He walked in and gave a check for ten thousand dollars to match. Actually, Matt, sit down for a second and.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you it was ten thousand dollars well spent. Because when we're talking about USA Cares, they step in, they help help our veterans in need. God bless them. And I want to talk.
Speaker 1: Are you sure they didn't say five to you and then five to Tony And you know, I'm quite sure they said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I want to get back to the money well spent. There is a watchdog organization out there, God bless them. Their name Charity Navigator, and they oversee and they they audit all of these charities. They've audited USA Cares year after year after year, a one excellent rating for USA Cares. So it is money well spent. It gets to where it needs to be in the cause is our veterans in the.
Speaker 3: Time and need.
Speaker 2: Shocking to see ten thousand dollars just dropped off or not?
Speaker 5: Yes and no, you know you're always surprised by it.
Speaker 8: But at the same time, this community, they love veterans, they love giving back, they love supporting. One of the things I love about Louisville such a compassionate city and.
Speaker 5: You see it time and time again, and.
Speaker 8: So man, it's just that's gonna that's gonna make some.
Speaker 5: Some Christmases right there.
Speaker 1: Uh you know, and you've been around a while, man, and uh, you've worked with some other charity. Yeah, folks, what do you think the difference between USA? There's nothing against the other places you've worked, But why is this so fulfilling? USA Cares? And that last segment we did with the job placement, I mean, come on, dude, I'm thinking you guys are feeding veteran families and making the electric bill and I'm like, you do that also.
Speaker 5: Man, we hit on a couple of different couple different areas.
Speaker 8: We have some really talented people, right, I mean, we're really blessed to have some really talented people who can help with jobs, who can help with crisis, who can help in all these different areas.
Speaker 5: So we're really really blessed.
Speaker 1: It splinters out into a lot of other stuff it does, and that is that the evolution, the maturation of USA Cares.
Speaker 2: Like it's stop five dollars.
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 2: Maturation is a college word.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, use car.
Speaker 8: We are evolving and you know it's spreading across the country, and you're I'm excited to see state governments now getting excited about that. Amen, Kentucky gave two million dollars. Continue, Frankford, don't do that all time. No, So now we're talking to Tennessee, we're talking to Ohio, we're talking to Texas, and it just keeps going.
Speaker 5: So the bar was set by Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Frankfurt's doing some good, there's no doubt about it. USA Cares is who we're with here at Hardy's. And then why are we at to tell people why we're at the Harty's on Dixie Highway?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 8: We love Hardy's right now, when we want people when they say us, when they see USA Cares, we want them to think Hardy's as well. Hardys comes through forest year after year after year. This last year, uh, they raised over seven hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: For USA Cares. Wow, they've done an amazing job.
Speaker 8: So anytime we can, we can encourage people to come out and get a biscuit and let them know comonies.
Speaker 5: Like this are making a difference.
Speaker 1: That Texas milt that thing that was do.
Speaker 8: See Texas, Handy Bacon Frisco burg Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Look at that dude, candy bacon Frisco Burger.
Speaker 5: I's probably gonna need one of those.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: The one that stayed at Saints drinking.
Speaker 1: I was celebrating my Hall of Fame induction to Trinity High School.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, thank you for that night last night.
Speaker 1: Having the teachers there that taught me. It was like, it was so surreal and ridiculous. But I's still in contact with a bunch of them, So that's the brotherhood. But I mean a lot different than the Doss High School.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quite different. When I went into the Hall of Fame, by the way, years before he.
Speaker 1: Did well, we got back out in the parking lot after his and all our cars were stolen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wheels, but at least they put him on blocks. When when I went into Hall of Fame, we had fish sticks and tater todd. Last night, I'm not even joking. They had asparagus with some kind of holiday sauce, and they had beef Wellington whatever the hell.
Speaker 1: That was good, so delicious sam and all kinds of salmon.
Speaker 2: But listen, we're talking back to Hearty's. Everybody loves Hearties I'm excited about the mushroom and Swiss.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: All right, I think we have Is that the guy with the car? Yeah right, we're gonna talk to you, Yeah yeah, Okay, we're gonna talk to him. We're gonna talk to him next.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys for everything you're doing.
Speaker 1: You're the best.
Speaker 5: Check us out at USA cares dot org.
Speaker 1: Yes, and anybody wants to match that ten thousand dollars that the guy just jumped off, feel free to stuff by Hardy's on Dixie Highway and match that guy ten grand check walked in and said, you guys are doing it and I want to help. That's unbelievable. So you did you do Barnos in the in the in the the hot tub thingy?
Speaker 2: I did do Baronos by having done Southern Comfort hot tubs. Southern Comfort hot tubs. Baby, you're gonna love your Southern Comfort hot tub. And listen, this is hot tub weather. Think you can't afford a hot tub, I want you to think again. Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month. Say what sixty five dollars a month?
Speaker 1: Sucker?
Speaker 2: They also have cold plunge tubs. They also have sun as they have so much as Southern Comfort Hot Tubs and they also have twelve months same as cast. So the covered Hot Tubs seventy five oh one and Preston Highway. You're gonna love them, and you're gonna love the Golden Nugget. Baby, it is still around and is now remodel and boy is it beautiful. And nobody does live music like the Golden Nugget. It's the perfect live music venue this weekend, actually this Saturday, Point Taken will be taking the stage at around eight pm on Saturday. When's the last time you've been to the Golden Nugget or have you even seen the brand new Golden Nugget. Whether it be karaoke, singo, you name it, there's always something going on, something going on every single night at the Golden Nugget. In this Saturday live music by Point Taken. Back in just a bit on news radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 1: What a Day, What a Day?
Speaker 3: What a Day?
Speaker 1: Harty's on Dixie Highway with USA Cares. It's an organization they started at Kentucky own as nationwide. It's a stop gap between benefits and veterans and making sure our veterans that have retired or out of the game, making rent and all that. But guess what, we just had somebody walk in and give us a ten thousand dollars check for USA Cares And it's a.
Speaker 2: Ten thousand dollars well spent. When you donate to USA Cares, you're donating to an organization that has a one hundred percent excellent rating with Charity Navigator, and they have so many assistance programs. I actually got to see this organization work when a family reached out to me and Greg Getcher over the summer. They perform miracles. Well every cent it's spent, yeap.
Speaker 1: I mean he did walk in and say this is in honor of Tony Bennetti's Hall of Fame induction chairmany he said, in these ten thousand dollars in honor of Tony Bennetti. I'm pretty sure he said that to Madcaster.
Speaker 2: I might he might have said it with.
Speaker 1: No, he might have. Okay. Unlimited Landscapes go to Unlimited Landscapes dot com if they're in Middletown. They've been around for thirty years. I've known Steve Butler since I was fifteen years old. The guy runs a top notch. He's been doing this pool installation for twenty years. We did a show out there at one of the of the houses. He did a pool man. They can do anything. I think he said he had one hundred dump trucks of dirt that they pulled out because they put the pool into the side of a hill. It doesn't matter where your what your backyard or front yard or whatever. It looks like they'll get a pool there and it'll look beautiful. Unlimited landscapes dot Com. Go check them out.
Speaker 2: Hey, how's your furniture game when you have people over? Are you embarrassed? Are you proud of your living room? Min? I'm want to check out my friends, Sims Furniture, Sims Sims Furniture, Dixie Highway and Preston Highway. Right now they have a huge sale going on. I'm looking at it right now. There's a gigantic, beautiful gray three piece sectional one thousand and ninety nine dollars. I'm looking at seven piece bedroom sets and these things are gorgeous. We're talking matching dresser, chest and drawers, night table, headboard nine hundred and ninety nine dollars. So many different ones to choose from. You're gonna love your Sims furniture. High quality furniture at a price. You're absolutely gonna love Sims furniture. Dixie Highway, right next to the courthouse or Preston Highway in the old Target building. We are broadcasting live Hardy's at Dixie and Blanton. Come on by, say hi and meet the gang at USA Cares. And by the way, check out the organization USA Cares. And I think he may want to donate to him for this Christmas season or maybe all year round. Tony and Dwight broadcasting live Hardy's Dixie Highway News Radio eight forty whas