Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And I got some bad news for Tula Sharp. I thought I had converted him. I thought I had won him over. I thought I had turned him into a cruiser for life. And then there are a couple of stories which came out which may give him some hesitation. One hundred and eighty people, maybe more, became sick from salmonella on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship. That's important because when Taula and I most recently went on a cruise with a lot of friends and family, it was Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, and Royal Caribbean is usually pretty good about avoiding these things. What makes it worse is it was on Radiance of the Seas, one of their premier cruise ships. I've been on Radiance of the Sea, so I'd know that ship particularly. And if you're wondering, like, well, how many people are there, Well, they have more than two thousand passengers. When you say two thousand passengers, they probably have another two thousand crew members, so up to four thousand people on the Radiance of the Sea ship. One hundred and eighty people reported being ill along with three crew members. And I say this as someone who's been on a lot of cruises. They're not going to tell you how many crew members got sick. They're not that the one hundred and eighty that you know about is because those are the one hundred and eighty people who reported it, and they're willing to let that get out. But the crew, they're not going to let them say anything about their health status, not publicly, because well, let me put it this way. If you've ever been on a cruise ship, you know that the crew and the passengers are all using the same stuff. You're encountering the crew every single day. There is no feasible way that one hundred and eighty passengers would get sick and only three crew members. Think about that, the crew they're serving, they're changing lit it in your rooms, they're cleaning the bathrooms.
Speaker 3: All that only three crew members got sick.
Speaker 2: But one hundred and eighty passengers who are coming in direct contact with crew members and passengers all day long, all night long. That's just a little bit behind the scenes. And there's something else that I don't know if if Twalla remembers this, but before he even got on the ship, I said, Twalla, don't get on the elevators.
Speaker 3: If you can.
Speaker 2: And also when you use the stairs, do not use the rails. The stairs are wide enough that they're each you know, they're at the bow and stern of the ship, and they're really wide, they're carpeted. You really don't need to use the rails. It's not like you're going to fall. They're not steep or anything. But don't put your.
Speaker 3: Hands on the rails.
Speaker 2: Why because everybody and their mama is putting their hands on the rails.
Speaker 3: There are other subtleties. When you go to.
Speaker 2: What they call the wind jammer wind jammers the buffet restaurant aboard Royal Caribbean. When you get like a cup of water, you're not supposed to reuse that cup. You're supposed to get a different cup each and every time. And you will find that some people don't do that and they'll share the cup with the family member or something. And that's another way in which you'll have these outbreaks on ships.
Speaker 3: But I got to ask you to Wali, were you worried at any time?
Speaker 4: No, I was not worried at any time when we went on the ship. Why Because I had a ship steward. I had someone who was able to tell me, don't you touch those rails when you're going to any of those restaurants. You make sure you seventimee your hands, You make sure you use utensils after you wipe them all. I had hot water at the table. All of that. I was not messing around. You would see people and I would just look at them, like, look at your sick ass. I'm staying away from you, staying away from the pools all that, and in crowds, staying away from being right tucked in with people. No, I'm going to stay on the outside. I saw this story and I said, hmm, they need to know, mo Kelly, that's what they needed.
Speaker 2: I wonder to alla, of these one hundred and eighty people who reported being ill, how many of them got into the pools of the jacuzzis. I really wonder, Oh yeah, oh, how many of them were in the pools in the jacuzzie, sharing drinks, not bathing before they got in, not even bathing when they got out right, because you're okay, if you don't know you're supposed to bathe, there's a sign. Espelically you're supposed to bathe before you get in the jacuzzi of the pool. There's even a shower there that you can do it, you know, but nobody ever does. And I've been on six cruises. I have never been in a jacuzzi. I've never been in the pool once. That is by choic, not by chance. That is a conscious decision on my part to limit the likelihood of contract contracting something in that environment. Now, as far as the rails, I don't touch the rails, I don't go on many of the elevators because it's in a small, enclosed space. Mark Ronner will never get him on a ship. But oh well no, Look, Mark can get on a ship if he pays attention to your rules. And there's another thing what we've got to make sure we let him know. Do not use the public restrooms. Go back to your room. Go back to your room to use the restroom. Yeah, that's another thing. Yeah, it's almost like a hotel where you will find restrooms on the various floors. But no, no, because you have hundreds of people conceivably going through those restrooms before they're cleaned on a given day, as opposed to in your cabin.
Speaker 3: Where it's just you and whoever guess you have.
Speaker 2: So there's some conscious decisions that you have to make and you have to be aware of your behavior, and you're far less likely to deal with something like this, far less likely. But just know when they say that only three crew members got sick, they're lying. You can't have one hundred eighty passengers get sick and only three crew members because one hundred eighty passengers are interacting.
Speaker 3: With the crew.
Speaker 2: You know, the crew is not using different facilities. They're not going in other words, they're not using different dining halls. You remember Twala, You would see people who are they're off time, they're downtime with working the crew. They're in the wind jammer just like we are, using the same utensils and everything. So they're using the same facilities that we are. Only three people. No, you know what disgusted me when you walk into the wind jammer. On both sides and in the middle they have sinks and they have someone there saying washy, washy. They're they're singing it encouraging you to wash your hands. You're not supposed to go into the cafeteria with your hands unclean. Coming from outside this.
Speaker 4: I would watch people go in there and I would follow them to make sure I don't go to their side. I immediately to the other side, like, don't go where this filthy hand having individual is going.
Speaker 3: Do not do that.
Speaker 2: They try to shame you into washing your hands, and I didn't feel bad about it because I think it's better for everyone. Yep, because they're looking at you and say, oh, wash your hands. No, they're telling you to wash your hands. And prior to COVID, those washed stations did not even exist, so I know that that is a direct result of COVID. Oh really, Oh yeah, yeah, it was just no, those wash stations did not exist. And now Royal Cribbean they're trying to force you to wash your hands. And still people would like get their ass on their shoulders and get indignant st and just walk straight through. Or they'll say I already washed them, Look wash them again so everyone can feel better. Yeah, because it's buffet style and the windjammer. Now they have formal dining where people can go in and have a sit down former like formal restaurant style serving of a meal, but when you just want to be able to get something to eat and tallow and me. We're like, I'm hungry. I'm hungry now. I want a couple of hamburgers. I want to be able to go back two and three times whatever. The windjammer is great for that. But there are a lot of people in there, a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And I can see how people would absolutely get salmonella, especially from uncleaned services, because I actually watch some people go to just sit down at a table, no tray, just having their food out on the table on a napkin or something like that. I'm like, you don't know who was at that table before you. Your food is just on a napkin.
Speaker 3: I hear. Yeah gross. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Not everyone is clean, and unfortunately sometimes we suffer because of it. But I'm still going on cruises. I still am. Oh yeah, absolutely. That's the one danger that I'm going to You know, it's not like jumping out of an airplane with a parachute, but this is something I'll do. It's kind of dangerous, but not real dangerous. Mark, are you coming with us? I jump out of a plane first, no contest. Well, there you have it.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: And you know, I am a died in the wool Rams fan.
Speaker 2: The team's not doing great this season, it's not over, but I live and die with my Rams.
Speaker 3: So when I saw this story, it's like, oh, this is interesting.
Speaker 2: And if you're into stats like I am, like fantasy football, or being able to enjoy a game in a different way or an enhanced way, you might be interested in this. Mark Bronner wouldn't, but a Rams fan, a true Rams fan, might. The Rams announced, No, it's true, you're not a sports guy, so you may not enjoy this.
Speaker 3: No. No, but I have other charming qualities. Yeah, but none which would apply here. That's all, now, please proceed.
Speaker 2: The Rams announced the partnership with Genius Sports, which is a data technology and broadcast company and it works in conjunction with sports, betting and media industries. Now going forward, at every Rams home game, fans can use the Genius Sports data processing and AI tool, which they call Genius Iq, to track everything from how fast a player is running to how much time the quarterback has to throw. And that's really really in the weeds, and you would have to truly be a football fan to talk about time before release or how fast running back may be running, or a wide receiver yards after catch, all that kind of stuff. But if you like the kind of stuff and I do, this might be kind of cool. After they are analyzed by AI in real time, the highlights and stats will be displayed on Sofi's Infinity screen.
Speaker 3: And if you've ever been to SOFI Stadium, it's that.
Speaker 2: Big halo ring, which is very similar to what they just put in the end to it Dome in Inglewood. It's this big halo's three sixty degree and it's both sides, so there is media on both sides of this ring, and it's viewable from anywhere in the stadium. And this goes to what I've long said about live entertainment, especially sports entertainment. Why am I going to go and see something in person if I can have a more enjoyable experience with more creature comforts at home. We're just talking about fights at stadiums last night. Why am I going to go to a stadium worry about a fight breaking out around me or getting hit in the head with a or something like that, or missing a play when I can just stay home and watch NFL Red Zone or watch the game from the comfort of my couch. I have a refrigerator right next to me. I can even pause the game. You can pause live sports, go to the bathroom, come back, and pick up right where you left off, and you don't have to miss anything. That's part of the reason why you're seeing these types of innovations in live entertainment, because there are so many ways now to enjoy a game without physically being there. I don't know if you've seen this, but there's this new type of event center called cosm Cosm. If you haven't seen it, you have to google it and look it up because it's very hard to explain. But it's an immersive, almost three D experience where you're on field level. You feel like you're in the game or right next to the game. It's it's really cool. They have one in Inglewood as a matter of fact, a plan to go in the near future where you can experience the game and it's stadium style seating, but it's almost like you're at the game. It's a huge half moon screen. It's another way in which people can enjoy live sports. They do college games, they do concerts, professional football, professional basketball, what have you. But it's another way for people to enjoy these live events without having to actually pay for a ticket at the event venue. That's why you're seeing all these types of innovations, inclusive of AI with the RAMS, because they need to make it more attractive to RAMS fans like me. I live ten minutes at most from Sofi Stadium, but if I find a better offer like staying home, I'm going to stay home because who wants to deal with parking?
Speaker 3: Not me?
Speaker 2: Who wants to deal with the insanity of crazy fans and the profanity and the fights.
Speaker 3: Not me?
Speaker 2: Who wants to wait in line to get their food. And it's a lot better now the lines are not as long because of technology. You can just kind of scan your food and go. The lines are not as long in the bathroom anymore. But still it's never going to be as convenient or as easy as just staying home. I don't know about you, and I love RAMS football, but it's not better than me sitting on my couch even with this. But I understand the reasons why you have to enhance this experience, And I don't know what it would take to get someone else in Sofi Stadium. But once you've gone, you know, that it's a commitment. I'm not saying it's a chore, but it asks a lot of you from getting in the stadium. I think it's one hundred percent digital ticketing now, where you have your ticket on your phone and you scan it like a QR code and you get in the stadium. But still it's a stadium, and it's not as comfortable as what you have at home. And also, and I don't think anyone on this show actually plays fantasy football with the exception. To me, that is another pull away from the end stadium experience. People are less now fans of one team and more fans of players on their fantasy team. They're either betting on the players they have them on their fantasy team. They're more looking at the sport as a whole, like the NFL Red Zone, where you'll watch the scoring plays of all games across the league on a given Sunday instead of watching one game between two teams for three hours. These are the things that stadiums have to somehow compete with and also overcome Genius sports. Going back to the story, they've partnered with many other sports leagues around the world to implement the same technology. They've done this with English Premier League, NASCAR, the NC two A and others, so you can tell that there is a general consensus that more needs to be done to bring people to the stadium. For example, Mark, you're not a football fan, are you?
Speaker 3: Generally?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But I take your point about being in the comfort of your own home where you can sit and watch a game in a neglige or a mumu or whatever you wear and not have to worry. I just saw some footage yesterday of a sports fan walking around punching out people who are fans of the opposite team.
Speaker 2: Who wants to deal with that, right, who wants to? I saw it was a Baltimore Ravens fan. He punched out two Washington Commanders fans just onsite. He just he was looking for some and he wanted to beat them up. But there's a happy ending to that story. They found the guy, They fired the guy. He got fired from his job, and the social media out at him. And also he's their charge is pending against him. Just to let you know, oh yeah, throw away the key. That's insane. Yeah, over sports. But see that's another deterrent as far as or disincentive to actually go now here's the correlation. We talk about this all the time here on Later with mo Kelly. It's not very different from the movie going experience. Maybe fewer fights, but there's more reasons to stay home than it is to brave the elements, waste the gas and the time, and also not everyone wants to put up with other people. You know, the communal experience oftentimes is overrated. I can watch a football game at home and be just fine. I don't need another seventy thousand people around me to enjoy it. I can watch a movie at home. I don't need another three hundred people around me to enjoy it. And so movie theaters, you actually, even coffee shops, you know, any type of place where people are going to congregate. They have to reinvent themselves in a way to get people like you and me off our asses and actually come to that location for hours at a time and spend money. That is no small undertaking, because being home is pretty damn good. It's fun more times than not. I don't have to shower, I don't have to brush my teeth. Well, you buried the lead there about the showering. I love the communal experience of going to a movie. But I do believe, and don't you as well, that people are starting to act much worse than they ever have for some reason. Yes, I believe it's it's still a function of COVID, where we somehow not socializing for two years or so. It seems like we lost all ability or inclination to act like civilized individuals. If I could trace it back to anything, I would say COVID and that period of isolation.
Speaker 3: Well maybe this is where your citizenship classes had come in handy.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, look from your lips to God's ears. You know they haven't put they haven't put civics back in school. You know we don't. We don't reward good citizens ship. And you know this.
Speaker 3: Is what we get.
Speaker 2: We've for all the complaints we have about society.
Speaker 3: We didn't get here overnight.
Speaker 2: We've done a lot of things to earn what we don't like about society.
Speaker 3: Well, you are successfully turning me into a Moe Kelly TM misanthropist. You hate people. No, never I ever, As always, I'm just following your lead. Mo, It's later with Mo Kelly CAF. I am six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: And when we come back, I'm going to keep the AI theme going. New York Times earlier this week has warned an AI company called Perplexity to stop using its content. Damn it, Mark Ramer was right again and I hate no.
Speaker 3: That's next.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Caff I.
Speaker 2: Mo' kelly here, We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And when I saw this next story, I immediately thought of Mark Ronner, and I wanted to take my time with this because this is also part of an ongoing conversation the implementation of AI where it makes sense, where it is I would say stealing to use Mark Ronner's word, where it actually adds something to us as people or society, or also in the creation of content. The New York Times has demanded that the AI search engine startup company Perplexity stop using content from the New York Times website in a cease and desist letter sent to the company. The New York Times presently is also suing open Ai and Microsoft over allegedly illegally training its AI models using the New York Times content, which goes back to what Mark Roner says. It can't do anything, It can't create anything. It needs established and already created content for it to have any value.
Speaker 3: Paraphrasing, but something to that effect.
Speaker 2: Now, Perplexity and its business partners are fighting back against The New York Times, and they're saying that nobody has a copyright on facts. Nobody owns the copyright to facts. They're trying to argue, the information which is taken from The New York Times is just the facts, not the phrasing, not the wording, not actual paragraphs which were used by writers, but just the baseline information.
Speaker 3: Mark, What do you have to say to that? Can you feel how angry I'm getting? Just?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know, Oh I know. That's why I did the story. I mean. And I say this as a person who has written stories and then watched as a TV news anchor ripped them off word for a word, having my stuff read to me on the air with no acknowledgment of the source whatsoever. I think this is absolutely evil. You can't copyright facts, Okay, then go do your own reporting. That stuff doesn't just appear out of the ether on its own to be plucked out like fruit from a tree. Yeah, but can you prove it? Yes?
Speaker 1: Can you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No? No, no, no, no, not you.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, I'm sorry, going back to New York Times, Oh can they prove it? How do you mean exactly? I want to make sure we're clear. Well, let's make I'm making a delineation, a distinction between the facts. In other words, the Dodgers lost to the Mets last night six to three, excuse me, seven to three, as reported in the New York Times. If perplexity uses that information to inform their model that the Mets beat the Dodgers seven to three, is that plagiarism. I'm playing both sides of the argument because factually that's true. Stylistically, it's not The New York Times.
Speaker 3: Well, the event occurred regardless of who reported it, but this AI swine wouldn't know about it apart from the reporting that they read someplace.
Speaker 2: Ah, okay, okay. So you're saying, look, without us, there is no U period.
Speaker 3: I think that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and they're saying, but the you we're taking from is public information, no different from me or you reading the New York Times and saying, hey, Mark, did you see the Dodgers lost to the New York Mets last night seven to three.
Speaker 3: Oh really, how'd you see that? I saw in New York Times. Yeah. It's pretty funny, isn't it. How free public information always seems to be the result of someone else's leg work and effort.
Speaker 2: But it's not illegal for me to then reference that in a write up or a radio show and not even give attribution. Hey, the Dodgers loss last night seven to three. I could have gotten it from ESPN, could have gotten it from New York Times, could have gotten it from Mark Ronner when he talked about it in the KFI twenty four newsroom.
Speaker 3: I do, and I mean there's there are differences, and they get finer and finer. The more you know, the more granular you get into this discussion. But as a journalist, we cite our sources. If something's common knowledge, you know, like the Earth rotates around the sun and by the way it does, if you were wondering about that, you know other things don't know? Do your research? Yeah, do your own research. Yeah, some things are common knowledge. Other things you always cite your source. And if you're in the AI business, you don't get the benefit of the doubt, you better cite your source.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're not journalists, and I'm still playing the other side of the argument.
Speaker 3: They're not journalists, but they're using the product of journalism. I don't like this term, but the work product of journalism. I hate the word content too. But you know exactly what I'm getting at with this. It's a catch all. These are things that require the effort of humans with experience judgment, who have actually put hours of their time into it. For this information to be gleaned from another entity, whether it's a human or an AI. Well, you're lucky that I carved out time.
Speaker 2: We can go a second segment with this, because I still want to push back on your belief that this is plagiarism or stealing when they're taking the baseline information, or at least that's the argument that Perplexity is making.
Speaker 3: It's noble of you to take their sight on this. I appreciate that we can't agree all the time. Mark, No, that's boring. It's just unhealthy too. Nobody wants to hear us agree.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Mo Kelly, We're Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, and we're going deep into the discussion of AI and when it may cross the boundaries when we're talking about journalism specifically. We all know that AI has potential to enrich our lives in some way, or at least I believe that we're not in agreement on where it should have a role, if it should have a role in content creation when it's connected to journalism. And last segment, I started talking about how The New York Times has sent a cease and desist to the company Perplexity, saying it has to stop using the New York Times content from training its AI model. This is what New York Times also had to say, Perplexity and its business partners have been unjustly enriched by using without authorization The Times expressive carefully written and researched and edited journalism with out a license. The New York Times also prohibits using its content for AI model training. It disallows several AI crawlers, including Perplexities, in its robots dot txt file that tell search engine crawlers which URLs they can index.
Speaker 3: Mark Ronner, there is no nuance for you.
Speaker 2: Is that fair to say you're all the way on the side of perplexity has no right to anything that it may find via the New York Times.
Speaker 3: Is that fair? Well, there's some nuance. I mean, I read about something the other day about an AI that could perform calculations in some medical issue that would have taken a person weeks, months, years to do. That's a perfectly valid good use for AI. But when you talk about talking about assimilating information that other people have created to pump out, crank out some ersatz garbage, Yeah, there's not a lot of subtlety for me with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about then you have someone like not someone something like the Los Angeles Times, And I use this example before it I think it bears mentioning again. They have an earthquake bot which will put up a completed story.
Speaker 3: Moments after an earthquake happens.
Speaker 2: It is a full story, you know, a four point two earthquake which was centered at such and happened at seven to fifty five PM.
Speaker 3: No, it's a full story. It's about maybe five or six lines.
Speaker 2: I would argue that it's probably resourcing similar stories from around the web, inclusive of the New York Times and other places. Do you think that to be plagiarism when the specifics and the facts would change from earthquake to earthquake.
Speaker 3: Well, it seems to me like you could also extend that to doing the weather. You can you can gather data that isn't necessarily the work of a human being sitting there pounding things out at a keyboard. And I think one aspect of this that isn't really discussed as much as it should be is that there's this kind of pervasive sense to me that people think information is and should be free. And this isn't stuff that just drops out of heaven. It is the product of people sitting there and doing work and bringing their experience to the table. It's not something anybody could do. It's not and I say this as somebody who's had so many things stolen from me over the years. I had a TV series stolen from me. It wasn't free. I put many many hours and months of my time into that. And like I said in the last segment, I've had news stories that I've written red word for word on the air on TV. Nobody mentioned where it came from. We have to acknowledge that these things are the product of people who do work, and that's not free. It's no different than somebody who picks a vegetable or does welding. For you, work is work if somebody does it.
Speaker 2: I'm really not disagreeing with you, and I know Twala would agree with me when I say that there are times where we've seen our work on this show being used as the basis and evidence for stories which have run in the La Times and other places, almost word for word. Yet and I've called out the writer on Twitter and other occasions saying like this, you did not come up with this on your own. It's way too damn specific, using the same terminology and phraseology that I did. Maybe just didn't think that I was going to see it, to which there was no response. So emotionally, I'm right there with you. I've been a victim of it as well. I'm just saying, in the larger discussion, is what you felt and what I felt the same thing which is going on here with perplexity. I'm not seeing the evidence that they're using the same phraseology. They're taking the basic tenets of the story, the information or the facts of the story, and then rejumbling it into a story of their own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want to put a finer point on what I was saying, which is that we have to get it into our heads that stealing somebody's words they're writing or anything like that is no different than stopping somebody and stealing the money out of their wallet or breaking into their house and stealing their possessions. It is theft, and it's serious. Just because it happens to be kind of hard to pin down in terms of value, because it's not a tangible thing, that doesn't make it any less theft. Now, as far as this particular case goes, there might be some technicalities, some nuance, I still think this stuff should be regulated into oblivion to prevent abuses and to prevent theft from people, because, as you know, people who get into the occupations that we're in, whether it's news or talk radio, journalism of any sort, TV, writing novel, writing music, that's not easy and okay, and to have any success in that at all, it's like getting the brass ring on a merry go round.
Speaker 2: Let me push back on that, and I'm going to again play the other side because I know a little bit more about the inner workings of KFI than someone who's listening may not, and I think they would gain some insight. You have an editor who is responsible for writing stories. You have to write stories, and you have to go to other places news sources in which to collect those facts and then turn it into a Mervyn Block style stories.
Speaker 3: Isn't that correct? Extra points for the mervyn block reference. Generally that's correct. Yes, Okay.
Speaker 2: How would that be different than this AI robot dot txt crawling engine doing what seems to be the same thing, going to other sources, verifying if you will, with multiple sources the facts, and then generating the story.
Speaker 3: I think I can explain, for one thing, we pay for the wire services that we use, so we are paying. We are paying for the bulk of the information that we pass on to and if it's something that say the New York Times, has we cite them or the Washington Post, we cite the source. M Okay, I can't argue with that. I cannot believe with that. Foosh, are you recording this really?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think for a for a complete debate, I think you need to consider all of the the nuances and the vagaries of how this information is used in our business.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Another thing to keep in mind with this whole AI thing is think of the reasons for the things that are being done, and again, qui bono, who benefits from them? If the reason is you don't want to pay a person to spend all day doing it and give them health coverage and that kind of thing, pay them a living wage, that's one thing. If it's a thing that a human being can't do, that's an entirely different thing.
Speaker 2: Are you saying that you're as good as a computer, as a as an artificial intelligence?
Speaker 3: Where would I even begin with that until I get one of Elon Musk's little brain chip and plans and hope it doesn't catch on fire in my skull.
Speaker 2: No, honestly, I think we're all eminently replaceable. And going back to the whole I robot comparison, Yeah, they have. They have artificial intelligence which can create a symphony. Now is it derivative, Yes, But you know all art, all creation is derivative. It is based on it is like it is similar to and I don't know how much true creativity is anymore. Look, you have someone who's going to write a song. It's going to sound eerily reminiscent of this artist or that artist. In a particular genre, you have someone who's going to create a movie. Oh, it's going to be very similar to someone's script or someone's idea, someone's log line, don't I think we're past the point of we're at the point of no return as far as what we consider creation to be in a content sense, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know about that. I don't think anybody wants to read, or watch or listen to any piece of art that's generated by an AI. I think they want something from a human. That's where the connection is, and we have.
Speaker 2: Have you listened to what's on the radio. We are not a high standard species. I'm not going to argue against that.
Speaker 3: But we've had kind of a midpoint toward this hellscape with things like the Save the Cat formula for writing screenplays, which just completely leeches all the art out of something and has you copy a format from works that have already been successful. It's garbage. And once you read that book to Save the Cat book, you'll be able to tell every movie you ever see that copies from it, and it's crap. Nobody wants it.
Speaker 2: But they do that in music that I use music as an example because music sells, you know, talking about the one four five core progression or the the chords which are are the found in the most number one hit songs. I mean there is an intentional repetition science to creating art which sells, and it is it is a derivative and it's diminutive in nature. Well, it is taking from what has already succeeded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every single artist, writer, movie director, anything like that. You know, what they give you in their art is the product of a lifetime of them absorbing things like little downloads like Neo and the Matrix. Every time you read a book or watch a movie, that becomes a part of you. But what but what you write or you know, the music you put out, that's your own original composition. And you can't say that of any ai yet yet, I like an optimist. It's later with mo Kelly. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Well, at least you've decided to listen to KFI. See you're making progress.
Speaker 2: K F I N K O S T H D two, Los Angeles, Orange County, Live
Speaker 3: Everywhere on the radio