Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty. She has always been black, but she's most recently been Southern.
Speaker 2: She did develop a Southern accent during a rally that was weird. That was like a Hillary Clinton thing. I by no ways gone, been tired and.
Speaker 3: Now Handle on the news, Ladies and gentlemen, Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 1: KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Good morning everybody, it is the Bill Handle showed Neil Savadric here with Amy King, Tono and and Bill somewhere they are. I think he's still plugged into the charger. They have these big Tesla batteries that charge Handle every single night.
Speaker 4: By way of solar. And he's very.
Speaker 1: Green, very into you know, being green and making sure the ecosystem all of that. So well they unplug him and get empowered up and.
Speaker 4: All of that.
Speaker 1: We will start the program. Amy King, how are you?
Speaker 2: I am a fabulous thank you.
Speaker 1: What's the most exciting Disney news on your mind?
Speaker 2: Disney news?
Speaker 4: Isn't the Pixar Fest coming to a close this?
Speaker 2: Yees good? Yes, your last chance for picks on our fest. Haunted Mansion reopened already got the overlay for Christmas Nightmare before Christmas?
Speaker 4: And what did they shut down recently? So is it? Oh pirates? Are they doing a refurbished on Pirates? Theirs? Because there's all kinds things going on there at the park are done well.
Speaker 2: And this month later this month, it's Halloween time. Like they don't waste any time. It starts in mid August and.
Speaker 1: They're changing the Halloween set up this year they're doing They're making it villains.
Speaker 4: The theme will be villains.
Speaker 2: In the Disneyland park.
Speaker 1: No this, I think it's it's for Ugi Boogie Night oh Oki Buggy.
Speaker 2: They do that for the Boogie Bash. They have all the villains out in California Adventure Park.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so it's going to be a lot of fun this year. Looking forward to that. I got a couple of days next week to go.
Speaker 4: We booked.
Speaker 2: Yeah right now, what I'm not focused on Disney though, I'm too into the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, are you not? Olympics?
Speaker 1: I was listening to No haven't watched a peep. I just get the stuff that comes out on social media right now. I was excited a little bit at first, and I thought I do this but then you know, life happens and I don't get in there.
Speaker 4: You have to get in a rhythm for it.
Speaker 1: And you're in the perfect place because awake call, so you get all the early stuff and you're kind of already in it.
Speaker 2: Preview of the day to come. Yeah, and rehashing things like Simone Bile's near perfect performance.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, yesterday, what an exceptional human being.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, just God, that day was at his peak, just sitting there going, you know what, Let's just yeah, let's just put everything we got into this one.
Speaker 4: It's going to be beautiful, all right.
Speaker 1: So Kono's working with Handle and so is and so let's get into the news, shall we. Evan Gershkovich, Paul Wheelan Land in the US after prisoner swap, a very emotional moment, obviously, with President Biden coming out and saying, hey, this is.
Speaker 4: All hands on deck. This was a group effort.
Speaker 1: This was based on friendships, This was based on connection and a team working together to do this. This is one of those things where you know, you may have opinions on well, we are swapping these dirt bags for these wonderful people and all of that, but it is nice to have people home where they belong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this I think the kind of scary thing is obviously, like you said, the dirt bag. There's a guy, he's like an assassin and he was released and but Paul Lan's been sitting there for six years and what did he do?
Speaker 1: Speaking about assassin, Bill hands back to yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I just we had a little glitch.
Speaker 5: In the world of technology.
Speaker 4: But be honest, you're for Tata's weren't done.
Speaker 3: No, Fortana's aren't even in the eyehell tagle Okay, no, Tana's aren't even out of the freezer yet.
Speaker 4: Hey, I apologized. It was an assumption.
Speaker 3: No, no, we just have you know, occasionally we get a glitch, because I did. Every everybody knows that Marco was the guy who invented wireless, you know the concept of radio. We're still using that technology here at KFI.
Speaker 1: And it's just a wheel's been around for a long time, so it's fired and it's done.
Speaker 3: We're just it's just tending to wear out a little bit and it's hard to find parts.
Speaker 5: All right. I don't even know what story you're on.
Speaker 1: We just were on the first story and Amy and I were talking about how as exciting as it is to have Evan Gershkovich and Paul Wheeland back in the US and all of that. The prisoner swaps are always dirty because it's like these horrible people switched with.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that have been you know this one.
Speaker 3: This I'm going to give you the inside baseball in the backstory of this swap. This may have been the most complicated swap in the history of swaps. And I'll go into that at seven o'clock because this is that way. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of moving parts, a lot of moving parts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like twenty four people and seven countries. Oh yeah, yeah yeah, every country yours.
Speaker 3: And every country has its own agenda, and combining all of those together was was not easy.
Speaker 4: It was the Olympics of prison was.
Speaker 3: And Biden took the credit for it as Americans and this one, I'm going to give it to him because America did lead, did lead.
Speaker 5: The negotiation on this was able to put everything together.
Speaker 3: I mean, personal phone calls, personal phone calls were made by I thought.
Speaker 1: His speech when he came out and spoke about it was very well done. I thought he said, hey, by my my leed it was and friendships and everything.
Speaker 4: It didn't seem like no we did.
Speaker 5: It was real. No, it was real.
Speaker 3: And to give you an idea of how committed he was to this thing, he was on the phone with a German chancellor two hours before he announced he was dropping out. During that whole debacle of him dropping out and the pressure, he was still negotiating, so that, yeah, I would know that one we're going to give to him.
Speaker 2: Well, here's something else that's not so easy, taking out a Hamas leader. Apparently it takes a lot of patients. Because the Hamas political leader Ismael Hanaya, who was assassinated in Tehran two days ago, was killed by a bomb that had been hidden in a guest house where he stays. The interesting thing or part of it is that this source who talked to CNN said the bomb had been planted like two months ago in this guest house where Hanaya was known to stay when he was in Tehran, and then once they knew he was in the house, they detonated it remotely.
Speaker 5: A lot of patients.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my gosh, talk about the long game. Man.
Speaker 3: This is well, this is Israel. This is Israel. I mean they this is what they do. And no surprise that it's just a story. And by the way, this is not atypical. There are plenty of stories like this, so there's and unfortunately this this is Israel provoking the hell out of this.
Speaker 5: Hanaya was on.
Speaker 3: The negotiating team, uh that was negotiating the ceasefire and they and they take them out.
Speaker 1: Okay, doesn't this remind you of the Washington d c. Spy Museum though, like when you look at all the stuff with the Cold War of what they had to do or what they were doing. This when you read about this and Amy stating that it's like was hidden for two months and they're waiting basically for this guy to stay in this place, that you do kind of ask yourself, Instead of all the innocent people dying in Gaza, it is more efficient to take out these people one at a time.
Speaker 4: It just does not.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't it doesn't stop anything. Someone else just comes in. I mean, it's a you know, a vacuum gets filled up immediately.
Speaker 5: But still, this is a.
Speaker 3: Big coup if you happen to be well, if you haven't mean Netanyahu and a hard liner in Israel, this is a big coup for everybody else going. Come on, guys, this is not helping the ceasefire at all.
Speaker 5: What are you doing? Huh? Keep on going and going and going. All right, let's go.
Speaker 4: Never sleep in the same place twice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true. That yeah, that's and that's exactly what they do.
Speaker 1: United States has looked at the presidential election there in Venezuela and they said, it's clear that President Nicholas Maduro.
Speaker 4: Lost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, yeah, we knew he was going to lose, and we knew he was going to win.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And of course there has been protests breaking out everywhere because they announced, you know, the the electoral body there is completely stacked with regime allies, and they announced that Moduora was the winner.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They are appointed by the price incident by Maduro. So the fact that he only won by fifty one percent is a complete shocker. I thought he would be. Saddam Hussein numbers one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 5: Of the vote.
Speaker 4: Well. The fun thing about rock the word allies, basically it's all lies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good point, good point, very well.
Speaker 4: Said.
Speaker 2: The Biden administration is working to keep families together on planes. It's part of Biden's junk fees. Initiative that he talked about, saying he wants to get rid of these junk fees. Under this plan, airlines would no longer be allowed to charge parents extra fees for their kids to be seated next to them. Hello White House. Fishals say their fee free family seating proposal could potentially save parents up to two hundred dollars per round.
Speaker 3: To ask you something, I mean on this one, I think the airlines have a very good point. What is wrong with someone with a toddler sitting fifteen rows away from the kid?
Speaker 5: Humh?
Speaker 3: I think leaving a three year old sitting by himself or herself is just fine.
Speaker 1: I've seen a couple parents that look like they pay yeah, their child I know somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I think they should just do it a couple of times and then the airlines will switch it back on their own.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, no, they're not going to switch it back on their own. Oh no, no, no, not without a lobbying passed those airlines will make. If they could charge for toilet visits, they would.
Speaker 5: They probably will.
Speaker 3: Don't give them that idea, I know, don't you. Isn't that horrible when the kid's on the airplane now? You can't do anything about it. Restaurants, I get really pissed off my families. You know, people that bring their two year olds to restaurants who are screaming.
Speaker 5: Or to movies. Airplanes you got to have screaming kids. So two things.
Speaker 3: I always ask them to take their kids outside. That never works on a plane. And second of all, the wing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then I go up to the parents to go you ever heard of betted drill? You know? Do you want some? I've got some drugs here that can just calm your kid down.
Speaker 4: I don't. It doesn't bother me. Well good, it's on a plane.
Speaker 5: Well good.
Speaker 1: I feel for the parents and it doesn't bother me. And I feel like it's I should do my part and help the parent any way I can or whatever.
Speaker 4: But it doesn't. It doesn't bother me.
Speaker 5: I'll bet you're fine with snakes on a plane.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, these mother father snakes on this Monday through Friday plane. You're done right. By the way, this is for those playing the home game. This is my favorite, probably of Biden. Biden's administration is these junk fies. I think it's a very smart thing to do, and I wish I hope that it gets passed along whomever gets in that office. Okay, if you're quiet, you can hear the Dow tumbling. So stocks are set to tumble again today, dragged down by all the fears and the perceived cracks that we see forming in American economy. And with that fear comes all the tumbling. Now these are the tech stocks, the AI boom, and some people feel that maybe they put in too much too soon, and all those things make everything tumble.
Speaker 3: Japan's NIKI stock market NIKI average that dropped almost six percent today. That's equivalent to twenty four hundred points on our Dow. Can you imagine if we wake up in the morning and the Dow goes down twenty five hundred point or twenty four hundred points, that's what happened in Japan.
Speaker 2: Won't they stop trading?
Speaker 3: I don't know how it works on the NIKI average, You know what, I don't know, because if it's dropping, you can't they do stop trading in the United States. I mean it just they stop it cold. Yeah, So I don't know what they do. But that's a huge drop, and they're looking at another huge drop today. We are down what five hundred points yesterday. We'll see what happens today.
Speaker 2: Well, and it'll be interesting to see what happens, because they were saying that they were expecting a gain of one hundred seventy five thousand jobs, and that report just got released a minute ago or a couple of minutes ago, and it was one hundred and fourteen thousand jobs, which is the lowest in like four years. And the unemployment rate also ticked up to four point three percent, wow.
Speaker 4: From four point one.
Speaker 5: It just still well but yeah, it's still very low. It's considered full employment.
Speaker 4: Still.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy in this whole thing is that Amazon and Intel reported dreadful earnings on Thursday. So it's like, I know, but Amazon is this powerhouse that is fearful or fear inducing if you know what.
Speaker 3: It's life cyclical. You know, it doesn't keep on going up up, up up. You know, it actually goes down sometimes and when it's down and then it goes up. And stock markets seems to forget that, and the real estate market seems to forget that.
Speaker 4: Now, almost sound like an optimist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 3: Now, as far as iHeart is concerned and wages, there is never enough. It's always a down, down, down, down down. So I guess there are exceptions to the rule.
Speaker 4: Wow, I know that dove very quickly. That optimism.
Speaker 5: Uh huh, okay.
Speaker 2: This was probably the easiest autopsy report ever. Pennsylvania thirties released a one page report outlining how the man who attempted to kill former President Trump died shot.
Speaker 4: Poisoning shot that they had.
Speaker 3: You think there was an issue when they first came up there and he had a hole the size of a watermelon through his head. You think they could say, oh, it looks like a headshot. But it was a sniper, the counter sniper taking it out. Those guys know how to shoot, they just don't shoot quickly enough.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 1: Strangely enough, the official death certificate says COVID.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a weird one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, we are. Let's take a break, guys. Okay, you got it.
Speaker 1: California judge goes twee to a judge verdict ordering the NFL to pay more than four point seven billion with a B for an anti trust a violation surrounding its Sunday ticket. So there's these packages, right, they let fans watch games outside of their home market, so if they're traveling or whatever, but they're required they require them to buy access to a bundle of games to do this. The you know, whole lawsuit was saying that this is a violation, and the judge says, no, they're the fees were too high or the judgment was too high, and and he had issues question the expertest witness.
Speaker 3: And okay, this is this is a private issue, right. I don't think the court oversees this in general. Right. So you've got the NFL cutting a deal with a platform that says that if you want to buy, if you want to see an out of town game, you.
Speaker 5: Have to buy the whole package, all right. Then the answer is then don't then don't. I don't see this. So the mandate is they.
Speaker 3: Have to or you have to allow other platforms, but no, we have a contract with this one. So I don't see where this is going. By the way, it's what's going nowhere?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I know, and I understand.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand how they got the four point seven billion dollars anyway, And by the way, I'd love to know what the four point seven billion dollars is based on. It could be just the jury came up with that figure.
Speaker 5: That's how that was. That's exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they judge said that they kind of just, you know, yeah, threw a number out. Yeah, when the jury orders a dartboard with a bunch of numbers on it to be brought in the jury room, doesn't that tell you something?
Speaker 4: For a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Speaking of a lot of money, fast food workers are coming back for another helping. Just four months after the minimum wage for fast food workers was raised from sixteen to twenty dollars an hour, the California Fast food Workers has come back and is saying, you know what, we need another race yep, twenty seventy per hour by January first, to keep up with the rising cost of living.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and how Neil, how many restaurants I was just reading yesterday fast food establishments have gone by.
Speaker 5: Way of history.
Speaker 3: Yesterday was the one of the last RB's that family has owned since the beginning. They just can't afford it anymore. They just shut down, can't afford the wages anymore.
Speaker 1: Fifty plus years at Arby's was on sunset and is now gone. The automation is coming. There are restaurants in New York, and this will be coming here as well.
Speaker 4: Where they are sending out. So imagine this.
Speaker 1: You walk up to the counter where there would normally be a person, now there's a person, but on a screen like zoom right and there in the Philippines. So they're outsourcing even people at the counter now to somebody in the Philippines digitally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So here's the question.
Speaker 3: So you got the Seiu arguing we want a lot more money, which, by the way, unions are supposed to do. And I have no problem with living wages. Okay, twenty bucks an hour to me is reasonable. However, is worth the price that more and more of these people will not have work?
Speaker 4: But why should every job be a living wage?
Speaker 5: Because I think.
Speaker 3: We're in a society where if you're working, you've got to be able to eat.
Speaker 5: That's all I mean.
Speaker 1: I believe there's no beginner jobs, there's no step up jobs, there's.
Speaker 4: No jobs, but either there should be don't want to make.
Speaker 5: That, and there should be under the age of eighteen, you should have a tiered system. I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 3: Now, if you have seventeen year olds that are supporting their families and they're.
Speaker 5: Relying on it.
Speaker 3: It's complicated, but to your point, to your point is that this is turbo outsourcing and turboting technology where a lot of these people are going to be put out of work. And there we go, I'd rather have twenty or I'd rather have eighteen dollars an hour than no money, and right now is going towards no money.
Speaker 1: We are missing the point of education. The fact is people are going to have to be educated to do different jobs that demand more money because these jobs are going away.
Speaker 4: I don't I'll base themselves.
Speaker 3: You know, the numbers are growing so quickly at fast food that they used to see how many pulmonary surgeons are now applying for these jobs because they're making more money.
Speaker 1: Okay working at If I see you in a drive through, I'm just gonna die. Crowd Strike has been sued by shareholders who said the cybersecurity company to frauded them by concealing how it's inadequate software testing could cause that big outage on July nineteenth that was global and crashed more than eight million computers and bill.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 1: Fairly common right shareholders sue companies after unexpected negative news yeah.
Speaker 5: But not to this level.
Speaker 3: Oh, the damages here are astronomical. Eight million computers, hundreds of thousands of or millions of companies, municipalities, hospitals, primarily airlines. They got hit the worst. Yeah, you think a little bit of damage was done here. I think Delta is saying just Delta. The outage cost the company, according to the CEO, five hundred million dollars. Now multiply that by a couple of million companies and crowd source of crowd strike, of course, as our customers are most important asset, and we try to keep them happy.
Speaker 5: You know, the normal crap you hear, they're happy.
Speaker 4: This is our number one goal. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Don Lemon got canceled, and now he's fighting back. Don Lemon has sued Elon Musk and X over his canceled show. If you'll remember there, the show had just started. Don Lemon interviewed Elon Musk, and then must turned around and canceled his show after that.
Speaker 5: You didn't like the questions, Oh, and so that was it? Yeah.
Speaker 3: According to Lemon, he was to have complete and absolute and timid and autonomy where he could ask anything. But you, now, if you're working for Elon Musk. What do you think, huh, freedom of speech? No, you can't argue freedom of speech. That one doesn't work.
Speaker 4: Do you think Don Lemon is using my lemonlaw lawyer dot com.
Speaker 5: That's very very good.
Speaker 3: Not only does that fairly funny, but you got the plug in for me, your liant.
Speaker 5: It's just that was a double win.
Speaker 4: I've learned from the best, sir.
Speaker 5: All right, Neil, all right.
Speaker 1: So san Juan Capistrano, Bookie, you remember him. He was the one who took bets from Los Angeles Dodgers star show Aotani's interpreter. Now he's agreed to plead guilty multiple federal charges. So Matthew R. Bowyer forty nine out of there, San Juan Capistrano. So he's, you know, listening to this list of charges operating an unlawful gambling business, money laundering, and subscribing to false tax return. So they got him for what is it, eighteen years?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they always say that that's always that's always the maximum on eight sentence if it was consecutive, and it never is. Realistically, he's looking maybe at three year skiver or take. He's gonna see well, no, he is definitely gonna see some jail time and he's going to run the card games too.
Speaker 5: It's you watch.
Speaker 4: Everything from jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you know the alphabet song right, Well, forget it because there's a new song in town A B, C, D E F G NAP. You used to be that you would pause in certain places after the G, after the P, after the S, the V, the X, and then ended with y n Z and then you'd go, now, I know my ABC's next time, I want you sing with me. Well, it's changed and in schools now they're teaching it a different way where there's pauses after different letters, so it's G N Q T W and then ends with x y Z instead of y n Z, and the closing line is now, I never will forget how to say the alpha bet.
Speaker 3: Aren't they also teaching you how to do it backwards so when you get stopped for DUI you're in better shape.
Speaker 5: That would be helpful, Yeah, I know, get a six year old to really learn it. And you know, we're in alood shade.
Speaker 1: Weird that you're that's like saying, you know what, I think it's best that we change the rhythm of how you give a phone number.
Speaker 4: That we've already got that in our head. I don't know.
Speaker 2: They also didn't like the element o P I love the element.
Speaker 5: They said it sounds too mushy.
Speaker 4: It is mushy, I thought an element.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ready, By the way, I want to point this out and thank you for putting that story in because we spend two minutes on that and it's earth shattering.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: But isn't it just like a cleansing of the palette?
Speaker 5: Oh wow? Negativity?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Well said, it's all going to be going a B C D E F G.
Speaker 5: Now if this, if this was who doesn't, if this was in Spain, we'd be doing it with a lisp, you know that? Okay there? Maybe all right, we're done. Guys.
Speaker 3: This is kf I A M six forty live everywhere in the eye Heart Radio app.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.