Speaker 1: So I'm just I'm reading this piece this morning. I wasn't gonna start here, but I'm just so irritated by it that this is how we're.
Speaker 2: Going to roll.
Speaker 1: So as you guys are probably aware, Harry and Megan, Okay, all right, Harry and Megan, Yes, that that that Harry, the old the old Prince Harry.
Speaker 2: They have have had.
Speaker 1: I guess it's a combination of both some pretty lucrative media contracts and as somebody in the media, this stuff irritates me to the tenth power man. Usually I'm irritated by failed congressman who you know, go to a radio station and and some lunatic owners like y'ah, let's go ahead and give them a show, even though they've never done you know, other than be interviewed, they've never done it, and then they just.
Speaker 2: Want for three hours.
Speaker 1: And I hate it because I work in an ever shrinking industry. This is there's there's there's just simply not as many uh news talk people as there used to be, so you you really really got to buckle down, man, And so that irritates me and and and Megan and Harry are kind of the same.
Speaker 2: So if you tally together.
Speaker 1: The Netflix, Spotify and uh what is there's a production company to whatever if you basically movies, streaming television. Okay, right, so they're they're they're covering all their bases. If you tally together the amount of money these two detestable people were handed, it's like a quarter billion dollars just for being there. Oh and and publishing, right, because didn't he wrote a book where he where he's like, oh, I'm the spare I think that's what it was called spare right, Yeah, he wrote a book He's like.
Speaker 2: I'm the spare King. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We with all the teen angst in the world, and it all has failed, man, every bit of it. And now it looks like the production company Netflix and well Spotify had already announced they were parting ways, they're all out. They're just done with these two. But you know they still paid them, you know, a quarter billion dollars.
Speaker 2: You only got to do it once.
Speaker 1: Somebody wants to come in and give Ross and I a quarter billion dollars to do an awful show for a year and then retire Ross, would that strain your credibility or you in quarter billion one year work and then that's it. Yeah, people are jumping on that, man. I so uh they were. They were just going over all the projects. I didn't know half of these existed or were literally out there to be consumed.
Speaker 2: And I and I stream on Netflix all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh and uh and they sent out Christmas cards this year from the office of Prince Harry and Megan. They're just there's nothing genuine about these two. They deserve each other, to be quite honest with you. So apparently none of you watched Polo.
Speaker 2: Do you even know what that is? I had no idea what this thing is.
Speaker 1: Apparently there is a series on Netflix right now called Polo, which is supposed to be one of these really amped up, like behind the scenes sporting shows. Obviously, I'm trying to think, what's the NFL one that they're doing with the Ravens right now.
Speaker 2: I don't watch it.
Speaker 1: I tried watching like a couple episodes a few years ago. I just really didn't care. Hold on, I'll tell you, Hard Knocks that's what it is. Yeah, they've done like a dozen seasons.
Speaker 2: I watched one. I just really wasn't into it.
Speaker 1: So like they wanted to do a Hard Knocks, But apparently it's for polo players. I'm not knocking you if you want to play polo. In fact, where I grew up, there is a huge polo facility up in Bighorn, just kind of between Sheridan and Buffalo and a lot of people. Oh, Christopher Reeve played their one time, not the not the one time it didn't work out, but one. I just remember that as a kid like Christopher Reeves. Here, we're doing a polo thing anyway, and that's fine. But here's what I know about polo. Poor people don't play polo. I'm sure there's a program somewhere, but it's it's a rich person's sport. And I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing. You know, like the America Cup, the America Cup, you know, the sailing, that's.
Speaker 2: A rich persons sport too. I got no beef there.
Speaker 1: Arguably, the NFL is a rich person's sport, although made so by the NFL, and apparently none of you watched it at all, to the point where Netflix is reportedly going to be pulling the renewal of their one hundred million dollars annual deal and Megan's Cooking Show isn't going to be aired, which I didn't know she cooked, but apparently she does.
Speaker 2: Except think of Ross. Do you ever watch cooking shows? I don't know. Maybe your wife watches them and then you you watch them.
Speaker 3: I watched Chopped, every used to be in them a while ago, but not really, not recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like to cook, by the way, and so I'll watch a cooking show in the background or something. So her cooking show was her making jam and now the world will probably never see. It doesn't sound like they're gonna air this thing. I mean, it's I like the smugness of all of it. And and and they're and they're realizing nobody really likes them. They like them for the purpose of hating on them, and I guess maybe if they embrace that role.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's not uh not going well.
Speaker 1: So the couple who recently who sent out their Christmas card uh super impersonal on behalf of the office of Prince Harry and Megan are also being criticized because their Christmas card is apparently them hugging and holding hands with a bunch of like really destitute Nigerian people. And then they go back and realize that it was a scheduled photo shoot. So when they were visiting Africa, they scheduled a two hour photo shoot to take the pictures that they then use for their Christmas card. They're like, find us some pores after our polo so that we have we have stuff for our Christmas card. Dude, Honestly, I would prefer not to even think of these two, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: But you can't help it, right, Oprah Oprah went.
Speaker 1: And did the big interview, and then you know, all the news stories come through, but it's just flop after flop after flop and there and then one hundred. Netflix is still paying them the hundred mil. They're literally paying them not to produce shows now until I guess the contract's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The series Polo is one of the biggest flops in Netflix's history. The series offered audiences an unprecedented behind the scenes look into the passion and determination driving the world's elite polo players, the grit behind the glamour a quarter billion dollars. Quarter billion dollars could have been could have been. Give it to Ross and I We'll find something to do with it.
Speaker 3: Ross.
Speaker 1: Probably buy that amulet from the news story the other day with the scroll inside, just so he can see if it's magic, I don't know, give us some few money. See what happens probably will be much more interesting than these two. All right, six sixteen, we got other stuff we gotta get into. We'll get into that next hang on, run now what we're gonna be getting into? Yes, Janet, what's up?
Speaker 4: Kind of casey. I'm a little bit shocked this morning. I'm understand. Maybe I'm misunderstood. Y'all want making a quarter million or show?
Speaker 2: Not a shot?
Speaker 1: Neither were they. That was annually, so you know that was you you gotta spread. Wow, I'm making slightly less than that, so it's a little under Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, now now you got me a little concerned. I'm thinking maybe you and Rosso undervalued yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh that that is that's a thousand percent clear, so absolutely travesty.
Speaker 2: No, and honestly I don't know about ross. Uh if I may.
Speaker 1: If you pay me a quarter million this year, I wouldn't be doing a show next year, and I like doing radio, but I also like having a quarter million dollars to go do dumb stuff with.
Speaker 2: So there's that. Yeah, well didn't give us a quarter mill, so uh AnyWho? Sorry, but hey, if everyone. If everyone just wants to send us a bunch of money, that's fine.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's definitely best for us that you don't have a quarter million. I didn't understand the consequence. So now I've got a column top of your boss anyway, So yeah, make sure you'll never get that.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, if you can figure out who it is, you go right ahead, Okay, all right, all right, thank you.
Speaker 1: And maybe I'm speaking on a turned Ross. If I handed you a quarter million dollars, you're showing up tomorrow because that's our last show of the year. Well maybe you do one more, right, Hey, we'd finish out the year. We're not animals. But yeah, give me a quarter million bucks.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I always wonder about that. But then it's like, if you're making that, then they're gonna pay you that again, So get the bag, queen, as they say, all right, let me let me jump on this. So yesterday I tried, I try to have this window.
Speaker 2: Try to have this window where I I you.
Speaker 1: Know, we do production. I do my production after the show. Ross likes to do his before the show, but they're in the middle of the day, to the extent that it's possible. You try to disconnect from the news cycle. You see stuff, any catalog it and you know, like, I'll save it throughout the day so I can send it in prep later. But ultimately it's like it keeps your brain from melting with everything going on. And then in the evening, I put together show prep, send it over to Ross, and Ross puts all the stuff together. That's oh quarter billion, Yes, thank you, Boston Paul, who's apparently our accountant. Now it's early. This is why I need a quarter billion, so I have to get up this early. AnyWho put it all together and then you know, off, off you go. But yesterday I messed up. I started reading what was in this proposed continuing resolution and everything.
Speaker 2: Every time I read something, I got.
Speaker 1: More and more angry about how on God's green earth following this election, an election that went the way that it did, where clearly people including Democratic voters, historically Democratic voters, lots of them, and of course Republican voters.
Speaker 2: And I don't mean like the Lincoln project.
Speaker 1: Idiots, but even people who you know, didn't like Trump on the Republican side, there's a lot of those. But they're also they realized which option was I guess the one they could hold their nose to. I don't care how people got there. And I'm looking at this continuing resolution and it is clear to me that the Speaker of the House and any Republicans, I understand one of the Democrats might like it because of some of the stuff in there, But like how these things got shoved in there? Now, I mean, the pay raise is one thing. And by the way, I don't have a problem if they want to have some sort of open discussion on increasing the pay it's it's a drop in the bucket. Yes, it is a lot of money, going from one hundred and seventy four thousand I think is the current congressional pay up to two forty three I think is what they were proposing in there. I yes, I get all that stuff, but it's just like it's the least of the problems. That's the least of the problems. So I'm not going to book a guest for this. Apparently, scientists say that the murder hornet has been eradicated from the US. How would you know, right, remember do you remember when they found the first murder hornet.
Speaker 2: Hive?
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know. Lay out in Washington that you didn't even know it was here? So how do you know they're all gone? Well, there's there, you go. You don't have to worry about murder hornets anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's from the USDA. No weird press release. Mark Davidson is quoted in here is the us DA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Director. We're proud of this landmark victory in the fight against invasive species.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I think most people thought they were going to run into a murder hornet. Like I wanted some murder hornets to put in my screen patio for solicitors, and then I would just use the I just used the other door because I always used the other door. But that would have been nice. They come in, Oh, you're gonna sell vacuums. Welcome to my murder hornet patio. But I guess apparently I missed my window here, all right, so you just got Now you just have to worry about aliens or Iranian mother ships, so not murder hornets this holiday season.
Speaker 2: How nice is that? All right?
Speaker 1: Let's oh a quick rundown eight oh five, since it is Thursday, Stephen Kennell join us.
Speaker 2: We'll talk video a little of the video game.
Speaker 1: Stuff Ross and I were talking about yesterday. We got a few things, so yeah, we'll do our NERD correspondence section. Oh and some video game. Some video game. And it's a I guess it's a Disney product. All right, I'm sorry, I did a video game a show. Some Disney product, a Pixar product, has apparently scrapped the entire storyline.
Speaker 2: What does the series win or lose?
Speaker 1: And in this the storyline initially had a trans storyline.
Speaker 2: For the show.
Speaker 1: The first episode set to I guess air February nine. It's an animated show, so I guess it's a lot easier to scrap it and do it. But this is what we've talked about with Steven for a while, Like at some point Disney's got to go, we're just burning money. We got we're just burning money with this stuff, and we need to get it, you know, Let's get something out there. And keep in mind too that this was targeted at really the youngest audience there, right, so they're they're targeting like six to ten year olds. The series, which well air its first episode February nineteenth follows a co ed middle school softball team preparing for the big championship game, and one of the I guess the lead of the player are for the character is that they're identifying as transgender and they're going to go play on They're a male biologically transitioned female and you're going to play on a women's softball team. And Disney's like, yeah, we're not gonna do that, especially especially for Okay, it's not six to ten. Excuse me, it is eight to thirteen. That's a weird demo. That's not an actual demo, but whatever, I guess that's who they're targeting. Yeah, yeah, here we go. Okay, so the trans lead in this, Chanelle Stewart. Their character is a fourteen year old transgender girl. Sorry, I'm just there's a more expansive story here than the one I put in prep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's basically it.
Speaker 1: I don't really see anything else in here today. But you know, why would Disney make that decision? I again, I don't know. There's a lot of a lot of stuff bru and a lot of stuff happening right now where people are reacting to what happened with the election, and maybe this is it. But we'll chat with Steven about that coming up here in just a few minutes. All right, I need to know how this happens now. Admittedly I haven't been to a kid's school in a while.
Speaker 5: Ross.
Speaker 1: If you go to your kid's school, what what do you have to do as a visitor from a safety standpoint?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So you stand outside the door.
Speaker 2: You can't even walk inside.
Speaker 3: No, that's impossible. So you stand outside, yeah, and you're ing the buzzer and then they have you on camera and they say, hey, what are you here for?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: And you see what you're there for, and then you have to take out your ID and hold it up to the camera and then they check the name I mean good and then they buzz you in and then you go to the front office. Then you show your IDA again. Then you go up to the there's like a digital check in kiosk, good Lord, where once again you have to put while you're there, what's your name is? They have to scan your ID on the kiosk. Then they find your kid's name in the directory and then they called the classroom to bring the kid out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's what an hour before you can see you pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Now, and I'm laughing, and look, I hate that we have to do this, but I appreciate and I'm assuming you appreciate that they're trying to provide a ha.
Speaker 3: You're completely I'm not. There's no point during it where I'm like, oh no, because I understand why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you understand why. And again I I hate that it's a thing. It's a because like I remember, I remember the first time when I went to college and then I came back the first time visited. You know, I still had friends that were in Buffalo High School there, and I remember I rolled over one lunch, just walked in, walked over to some classes, talked to some teachers and some students.
Speaker 2: So I mean, it was it was insanely easy over kids. But it's not.
Speaker 1: That's not how it is anymore. With that being said, this story out of Wilson's insane. I don't fully know what motivated this quote unquote parent to show up, but.
Speaker 2: The video is bonkers.
Speaker 1: Forty three year old Quinton Lofton, who gained access to the school and then say, hey, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go strangle a seventeen year old student. I don't know if this is one of those weird things where the student was bullying their kid and some parent decided that they're gonna get retributed.
Speaker 2: It's a little unclear.
Speaker 1: So in the footage you see the forty three year old grabbing the seventeen year old, pushing him towards the staircase. The student literally starts having what looks like a seizure. He's being manhandled so aggressively. Eventually he gets up and walks away. But the part where this this lunatic who has a criminal record including sex crimes by the way, so that's nice, was able just to go into the school and start strangling a seventeen year old.
Speaker 2: This is at Fike Fike High School. Sorry, I don't know. I'm assuming that's how it's pronounced.
Speaker 1: I don't know all the schools in Wilson or Wilson as my friend says, who's from there? And he puts a T in it? And I have no idea why anyway, Um, it's pretty tom. And I don't get me wrong, we've all thought of strangling a high school student for being a smartass. Mostly it's probably your kid, right, But you don't do it, and you sure as hell don't go to a school and do it, and it's on video. The sister what is the sister's name, Shaniqua, Shaniqua. She says she's referring to her brother. He's pretty traumatized right now, very shaken up by the whole event that took place this morning. All right, let's we got audio on this, so let's go ahead and get into this.
Speaker 3: What the hell, it's a disturbing video that's hard to watch. Then and a man named Quentin Lofton appears to grab a student buy the shirt and forces him towards the staircase.
Speaker 6: What happens next, The seventeen year old is pushed to the ground.
Speaker 7: He appears to have a seizure.
Speaker 3: He then gets up and walks away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and thankful for that.
Speaker 6: All right, let's continue to deal with absolutely disturbing, disgusting driving to my family and none of us can't can't even look at a video.
Speaker 5: Just heartbreaking. I mean, I'm gonna do nothing but pride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So again, this is the sister of the student who was reportedly strangled.
Speaker 5: Wait with anyone at all?
Speaker 1: Growing man walking into the old.
Speaker 7: I'm nobody knows. I'm walking through the food with.
Speaker 2: She's a thousand percent right.
Speaker 1: Also, and it's like, so all the stuff Ross just explained when he wants to go to his kids school. And I'm sure the experience for those of you with kids listening at some point you've had to go through all of this. But and and and we just had a school shooting obviously up in Wisconsin, which, by the way, there's.
Speaker 7: More on that.
Speaker 1: Apparently they they she had an accomplice, kind of we'll get into that. But and and and then for it to be people to be so derelict in what they're doing unless there's something I'm missing here, like maybe the guy the guy forced a door or something, but I don't see that in here.
Speaker 2: So it's like, you want all we want to do these things.
Speaker 1: We want to figure out how we can provide safety for students. You as parents don't want to worry about your kid when you're you know, work that day. I wonder if there's some lunatic in the school, and and and and yet you fall down so aggressively on this. I got emails from parents who have kids going to the school. They're like, you can imagine they're they're a little weirded out right now. And I still haven't seen an update on why he went after that student. So if you want to give us some spy report stuff, I guess you can. If you if you're a parent over there, got a little gossip, that's fine, we'll do that.
Speaker 2: That's fine. You're absolutely right. Locals do put a tea in Wolson. I know it's weird. I mean it's not.
Speaker 1: It's just like I just have a buddy who grew up there, and it's just that's the way he says it. So I guess maybe that's how they sniff out locals. All right, Oh, look at this all right?
Speaker 2: Ted? What's going on?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard that.
Speaker 2: I mean I worked with Quinton Locke, been for about three years really, and from what I understand that his daughter let him in his daughter what letting him in the school? Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: Well, and that this is this is, this is why we're doing the spire because I'm trying to figure out how we got in there.
Speaker 2: But also it's right but but and here's the other thing though.
Speaker 1: Also, it's a really bad security system if a single student can defeat it at whim, because then all you need is one student who wants to shoot up a school who lets their accomplice in. And we're right, you know, we're into horrific news cycles. So that sounds like a pretty bad system. So when you work with this guy, was he a lunatic or was he pretty normal?
Speaker 5: He was?
Speaker 4: He seemed to be fairly normal up until his last arrest.
Speaker 5: And I still don't understand why we didn't let him go.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by that? Well, oh, you mean you're I got you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my employer.
Speaker 1: Can I ask what the industry you're in, sir? Without saying your employer name, what industry are you in?
Speaker 9: Aerold space?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right, so he's a rocket scientist, is.
Speaker 7: That No, he was just a technician where I worked.
Speaker 2: Okay, but yeah, earlier this year, I believe it is early this year.
Speaker 9: He was arrested on child Yeah, but be nice. I guess he was pulling around with a child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know he's got some of the charges he's got hanging over him or pretty pretty detestable.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, yeah, this whole thing's weird. Man. All Right, thank you for the thank you for the spy report. Appreciate that as always, so we.
Speaker 1: Do around these parts. All right, six forty eight coming up on the show. We got we got several school stories. We'll get into that. Uh Man, San Francisco, San Francisco. This every day, you guys give me something. And I love this headline. Notorious Mexican drug cartel boss el Chabeo Chibello Chibello. I think gunn down in a wild shootout after cock fight, bloodbath. This is dude, this is the most Mexican cartel story I think I've ever seen Sinaloa.
Speaker 2: By the way, in case you wonder what team he plays for. We'll get to the head as well, but first we'll take a break. Be right back. Hang on.
Speaker 1: This thing's a dumpster fire all on its own. I'm also very disappointed to see this. And uh oh, let me just let me just go on notice here too, if I could so, and we'll we'll identify a few items in here, and then we'll read this tweet that Congressman Murphy sent out.
Speaker 2: Doctor Murphy. I guess.
Speaker 1: This is and less I'm misreading this, and I'll get I will give him the opportunity to clarify because if as I understand this tweet, screw this guy.
Speaker 2: Let me just go on record here, okay, and also.
Speaker 1: Let me say this, and I tweeted this out yesterday, but I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: On the radio too.
Speaker 1: And frankly, it might make Ross's job easier because any doesn't have to schedule one of these. If you are in the North Carolina delegation and you vote for this continuing resolution, which that includes the items that we're going to talk about, you're not welcome on this show, okay, except to talk about that. The only exemption I will give is for you to come on and talk about why you voted for this piece of garbage. Now it sounds like they're going to have to rework this thing, so we'll evaluate with what they put forward. But if if you were planning to vote for that, and had you voted for that, you're not welcome on this show to talk about anything that's good for you. The only thing you can come on and talk about is why you sold out your constituents and people go, well, then you're not going to have as many members of Congress are good, don't care, don't care. I understand from a traditional media standpoint, that'd be a thing but that's not how.
Speaker 2: We roll big roster.
Speaker 1: I give two craps if a senator or congressman's on the show versus just talking about video games or school stuff or you know, whatever stories are out there. No, frankly, I find most of it really boring when you get into repetitive answers. They don't get me wrong. I appreciate people come on and are willing to talk about whatever.
Speaker 10: We have.
Speaker 1: Senator, but on, I've never fed them a story, so he'll come on. But I also saw that his objection to this, and I hope that it's more according to his own tweet, was not including more hurricane relief, which is fine, but even if it did, I don't know that you could vote for this. And I little spy, little spy report from somebody up in DC. Apparently it was just pandemonium yesterday. We get things rolling. One hour from now, we'll be chatting with Stephen Kent, our official NERD correspondent.
Speaker 10: There.
Speaker 1: We got a few things to go ahead and get into. Sorry, and I just saw a couple of little things, and then I'm gonna get over to the cr which I thought was interesting. If you don't think that there is a slight imbalance in payroll in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: Check this out.
Speaker 1: So, first and foremost, the lowest paid team in baseball is Tampa the Devil Rays, Okay, which is not a surprise. What is the surprise is how well they've done because they've always kind of been that way. And then the Twins are pretty low too, but whatever. So the Dodgers World Series parade. I was just reading this story. So if they won the World Series, they had a parade.
Speaker 2: Obviously it's what you do.
Speaker 1: And according to the La Times, the cost of the parade, and when I say cost, it includes like they have to pay for the police for the parade, which is very expensive, and then you know there's a bunch of other stuff. They also had to pay players to be there.
Speaker 2: How does dude, you've that and I don't.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm misreading that because it's worded a little weird. If you just won the World Series and you need an appearance fee, I don't want you on my team. Okay, wait, you do that one for free. And don't get me wrong, Ross and I literally work in an industry where appearance fees and all of these things are the norm. But if you just won the World Series. Go to your own damn parade, but it's it's Los Angeles thing.
Speaker 2: Do whatever they want.
Speaker 1: The cost of the parade equaled eighty percent of the Devil Ray's annual payroll. That's crazy, man, That is a crap ton of money. So I guess I saw two little stories. That was one of them, and I just thought, maybe you guys need that stat in your life. Also, Tom Cruise apparently has been awarded the highest civilian honor by the US military, the Distinguished Public Service Award, And yeah, he got it because he was yeah, for Top Gun and for Born on the fourth of July, and for a few good men. So that's what Navy, Marines obviously Office of the Navy, a few good men. That was Navy as well, to do Jack Reacher, I think that was Army. Yeah, I think that's army. And then of course you know Top Gun Maverick with the update there saying that he has increased public awareness and appreciation for the military. Well, some of those some of those movies he was in, don't Born on the fourth of July. Isn't a real positive message for the military, is it? And a few good men for that matter, I guess maybe you could say that it is in the end because you know they.
Speaker 2: Figured out the code red.
Speaker 1: Oh spoiler by the way, spoiler, Yeah, Jack Reacher is probably pretty uh and in top Gun. I don't know if you know this. He doesn't listen to commands. Remember we wanted to buzz that tower and they're like, no, no, you can't, and he's like, I'm gonna do it anyway. So that doesn't seem like good order or whatever. Well, anyway, so they gave him that. I didn't realize this. So the new Mission Impossible Ross is filmed on one.
Speaker 2: Of our aircraft carriers. Did you know that?
Speaker 1: We were just talking about this yesterday. I didn't realize that they were filming it.
Speaker 2: Literally, is it? Boy? It's gotta be Bush, isn't it. Yeah, it's that newer carrier we have.
Speaker 3: Man, we love those movies. They're so good. We recually watched like all of them. We just binged them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bought the whole on the Apple TV. Man, I got the whole package. Wheel there.
Speaker 3: We haven't watched the second one, but we watched all the other ones.
Speaker 2: Why would you not watch the second one?
Speaker 3: So we were looking for something to Binge and we're like, let's watch this, and we started out of order. I think we went like six first, then five, all over the place.
Speaker 2: They probably do find out of order.
Speaker 3: And we were like, well, let's watch the second one, and Mark he was like, no, his hair looks stupid.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, let me say this at risk of offending your wife. That's the most girl reason ever did not watch a movie.
Speaker 3: I mean, in the hair defense, he did look stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean yes, but she didn't brought it to your attentions. Which one's your favor?
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, that's a good point. They're also good. Those movies never let you down.
Speaker 2: I really liked the one with the dude of No Country for Old Men and you liked what was it?
Speaker 3: The one with Philip symour Hoffman. It's great, but he's just fantastic. But seriously, all of them. I like the one where they're going through the Kremlin and they have like the the screen up so.
Speaker 1: You yeah, with who's the actor and the old old guy it was with was with my brain, so of the most famous actors in Hollywood, and I can't remember with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that's really good, dud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they're all great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they got the and then Simon Pegg's got that like the invisibility screen, right, that's the one right where they're trying to sneak up on the guards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's good stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, they gave that to Tom Cruise And even though Tom Cruise is kind of a scientology lunatic, I'm cool with that.
Speaker 3: He actually climbed that building in Dubai with the one glove. That was like a real stunt.
Speaker 2: Well, he climbed the Billage.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think it was just with one I'm pretty sure I remember watching the the there's a little thing as when you buy the movie they show the making of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I did you ever see where he because he did that.
Speaker 1: Also, he did that stunt where he's hanging off the side of that like a transport plane when it's taken off. Yeah, and the motorcycle jump off of the in the Alps there, like he actually did that.
Speaker 3: And he just didn't do it once, did it like six times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And there's a whole and I don't know if it's attached with all the purchases of it. There's like a one hour thing of just Tom Cruise doing these insane stunts. And what's crazy is when he's doing them, they the shot is then where the crew tent is right where they're you know, the directors sitting all the rest, and they're all like terrified except for Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care, right, but everyone's there.
Speaker 1: Because they realize that if his shoot doesn't open, they're all out of a job, right and you know they used to that's why you have stunt men. But he's just like, no, I'm gonna jump a motorcycle off a cliff with a parachute with a window to open of ten seconds, I think is what they said in there, like something goes wrong, man, you just ain't fixing it.
Speaker 3: You remember when that audio leak during COVID where they were freaking out. They're like Tom Cruise is like a mask Nazi or something, because he was. He was on the set and he was like, you guys aren't following the rules. But he wasn't doing it because the sense I got from it was he wasn't doing it because he because he believed you needed the mask and the distancing. He did it because he wanted to make the movie and those were the stupid rules in place, so he was just following him to go along.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's saying, look, if we want to work because remember they were like it was a big deal because all that they were like one of the productions that actually went forward.
Speaker 3: Right, and they were doing scenes without the masks. On him now because he watched these movies that were made during that time and they're wearing the mask and they look so stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I you know, can we just let me just say this because I see this in fact right now on the New York Post website I have opened on my browser. Here there's an ad for one of the community college or something up there. I don't even know what it is. Oh, it's an NBA program, and like they're all wearing masks in it.
Speaker 2: Can we stop? Can we purge all tape?
Speaker 1: And I understand some stuff is gonna have to be it's the reality there, But why do we still have photos of people wearing masks in advertisements and stuff?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: You still have that now coming out?
Speaker 2: And yeah, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Get some new actors or photoshop and geez, tell AI to remove the mask.
Speaker 2: They're done.
Speaker 3: Like I said, you watch these movies that were filmed during the time, and they're all wearing the masks, and I guess you're supposed to look back at it now and be like, oh, I remember that, but it's so stupid you look at it.
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 2: I look at it and going this is right.
Speaker 3: I told the story like if I'm ever put in the position where I have, like, you know, a grandchild and I'm bouncing in my money and they're like, you know, Grandpa, tell me about the big plague of twenty twenty, I'm just gonna be like, it was the dumbest time to ever be alive.
Speaker 1: There's a movie what was the name of the movie. It's just one of the states of movies. I doesn't it wasn't one. It wasn't very popular, but whatever. It's like he's a bank robber and then they rob some like safetyposit boxes or something.
Speaker 2: But then there's another there's a batter guy in.
Speaker 1: That movie who's like because he was like secret Nazi or so I'm spoiling this, but whatever. There's like secret Nazi dude and he's like hey, but he also kills a bunch of people and he's like sitting in his office in a mask. The guy who has a plot to murder everybody is and I just remember bringing the movie off.
Speaker 2: Just like, I'm dud. I can't the guy you're literally he's the batty.
Speaker 1: He's the batty, and he's he wants to murder everybody and he's a secret Nazi or something. But he's wearing a mask around his employees.
Speaker 2: That's so nice of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just tapped out. I never finished that movie. That's why I don't know what it's called. Just like, I'm out, I can't do this, So yeah, we should. We need to purge this from existence. Although now we got Avian flu stuff going on, so all right, So the continuing resolution, where do I even start on this? Say, fifteen hundred pages give it almost no time to read it, but obviously people start to digest it, and every time they read a.
Speaker 2: New page they're like, why is this in here?
Speaker 1: And keep in mind that this was a bill that was put together by the Speaker Mike Johnson in negotiations with Democrats.
Speaker 2: Is the way that they phrase it here.
Speaker 1: And like even suggesting some of the stuff in here. The fact that Johnson doesn't go hell no is very problematic. So again, I understand the pay raises in there, and normally we would just have a you know, discussion about that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put that to the side.
Speaker 1: You can be annoyed or not annoyed by that, because it's it's literally not even close to the worst thing in there. I mean, especially from an expenditure standpoint. Yeah, it's uh, it's a was it five thousand dollars a month pay.
Speaker 2: Raise, which is pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's a little better than the ones that ross and I didn't get that. Being said, it's it's a drop in the bucket. What's really dangerous in here is there is there's about twenty about twenty pages kind of in the middle of this thing that re rejiggers the whole law enforce I don't say law enforcement, but like penalty process for members of congres.
Speaker 2: We got a few things here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna read Congressman Murphy's tweet too, because I'm not very pleased with that. But let me just let me just hitch you with a couple things. Now, remember this thing is fifteen hundred pages. Fifteen hundred pages, and you know, say, hey, go go skim it, and then we're going to vote on it. It's it's awful and frankly, none of this should be allowed in DC. You cannot vote same day or even twenty four hours after a fifteen hundred page bill or whatever the current remember they have that rule is still not long enough. And to really understand this stuff like this part on page six oh five. All right, so let's say you're a member of the House and you're a subject of an independent investigation. This is literally the language in this thing, and it's the subheading is motions to quash or modify, and it says, upon emotion made promptly by a house office or provider for a House office, a court of competent jurisdiction shall quash or modify any legal process directed to the provider for a house office if compliance with the legal process would require the disclosure of house data. All right, so they use a bunch of words, but basically, if you're a congressperson, congress hole will go with don't want a gender congress hole works. And you're a congress hole and they're investigating you if they in this case, a process could be a subpoena, right, so, and they want to subpoena your records.
Speaker 2: This literally precludes that.
Speaker 1: Why is that a thing? Why is that in there? What are you absolute bunch of criminals up to that you need a thing because if you're investigating me in your law enforcement whatever, right, because you're you know what, I don't know what you investigate me for, but whatever it is, And you want a subpoena my phone records, like there's not a law like this is a catch all saying yeah, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: I don't have that protection. Why the hell should you? This was this is a thousand percent fortification.
Speaker 1: Once again, this is the same reason that in this in this, this is why people.
Speaker 2: Think it's, you know what a uniparty.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know this time of the year, people are going in they're uh seeing Santa or Santas.
Speaker 2: Helper or whatever however you describe it. And you know that's that's not uncommon.
Speaker 1: What is slightly uncommon, though, is this story which is out of Mexico.
Speaker 2: And you tip so when you you go see this, it's kind of it's you know what, it feels like.
Speaker 1: It feels like performers on like Times Square where they're shaking you down for photo money.
Speaker 2: This is kind of weird. So it's a city festival in Aguas Caliente's Mexico.
Speaker 1: I have no idea where that is, so I just know you have Santa and you have the Grinch right, all costumed up, ready to go, and apparently they decided they were going to throw down as you do in front of the kids. Obviously, and once I said so, the other story had this backwards, So now I'm more confused. So the way that it worked is people are going out, they're doing the Santa visit, they're doing the photos and whatnot, and they're collecting tips.
Speaker 2: And the Grinch.
Speaker 1: Got way more tips than Santa, Which, what are you doing? Who's out there tipping the Grinch more than Santa? But they but they did, and then Santa was of the opinions. Another story had this backwards. So Santa said that they should pool tips, and the Grinch is like, hell no, I made more, and then the Grinch it looks like the Grinch then as he and Santa came face to face through the first punch, but then Santa did too, they arrested both of them. But the Grinch is clearly who they think is more at fault here. What do you tell your kids?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Right, you could go go see Santa and you show up, Santa's literally trading blows with the ground. I mean it actually tracks right like you could. You could be like, no, that's I remember, that's I remember what a jerk the Grinch was. That's just Santa defending his honor. Let's see both arrested for disturbing public orders, and then it looks like the Grinch got himself an additional charge there. Uh yeah, so the story, they're just like, Ah, think of the kids. I don't know, you can explain that.
Speaker 2: That's easy.
Speaker 1: It'd be a lot crazier if he was fighting a bunch of tiny elves or something. That's gonna be a much that's gonna be a much heavier lift if you're a parent trying to make sense of that for your kid, said one father.
Speaker 2: They hold on, I gotta translate this.
Speaker 1: He basically said, Okay, So what he's basically saying is he said, is it could it be possible that we show up and they're not punching each other? That would make for a special season.
Speaker 2: Is kind of what is basically what he said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's you shouldn't have to say that out loud. Sir, all right, we'll tweet the video out for you because you know you want to watch that, all right. All right, So back to the Continuing Resolution. So not only is there protection in there, there's specific protection for you know, j six members members of Congress. Which what's even crazier too is while they're doing this, while they're making it less likely than a member of Congress's you know, details could get out there via subpoena, they also, for no reason I can understand, decided to release the Matt Gates report and announced they're going to be doing that. So and that's Republics who made that call. So they're they're big mad at Matt Gates. Like probably it's the part where Matt Gates is openly hostile to leadership there, but that's what some people like about him. There also is are you ready for this? You remember the remember this set the Office of Remember they want to set up essentially a censorship bureau and uh, everyone was balked at that. They're like, no, it's insane, you're not going to We're not going to do this. You remember it was that theater kid chick who was going to be in charge of it, who was looney Tunes in in everything that I've seen her say in the interview she did, that's in there still they literally it's it's literally in the continuing resolution. Even because it was funded, even if it wasn't enacted, they refunded it.
Speaker 2: This is the this is you can And I don't know.
Speaker 1: If this is because they were in a hurry or if they're stupid, or combination of both, but what a self inflicted wound. Yes, the bill for the House and Senate yesterday, which has now been withdrawn, I guess, would reauthorize the State Department's Global Engagement Center. So this is what this is the parent of the US Office. See, this is the censorship bureau that we haunt the rest of the world with, but also we filter through news reports from the US as it impacts the world, So it is censorship of US stuff.
Speaker 2: And this is the same.
Speaker 1: These are the same folks who joined that national cabal or the international cabal what do they called the Global Disinformation Index?
Speaker 2: So this, I mean, this is.
Speaker 1: These are these essentially like the EU people, and we're funding this, we're funding this garbage. So we're giving protection to members of Congress who may have violated the law not being able to access their stuff, and we're funding literally this thing that everyone got mad about and was outraged that they would even consider it.
Speaker 2: This is what Congress is doing.
Speaker 1: This is a Congress who has learned nothing, zero things from the elect I thought it was just the media who didn't learn anything from the election. It's clearly more than that. And there's there's just absurdity upon absurdity. And as bad as this sounds, I can deal with a little absurdity, right, you know, like we're refunding the study at wake Forest University where we give monkeys cocaine. Right, I can make fun of it on the air. I think it was one hundred and seventy five thousands what they paid for that, And it's it's it's not going to outrage people. What outrageous people is one stuff like that, funding things that we've clearly told you no to. But the most heinous, in my opinion, is providing legal protections that you or I can't avail ourselves of unless we're elected to Congress. That's that's what has people so mad. Just in case you needed somebody to explain it to you. And now I want all the members of Congress all of their record subpoena before they can get anything in here, all of it. I want to see what you're up to, and I want that list of you perverts who you know committed some.
Speaker 2: Sort of sexual lawsuit.
Speaker 1: Ready kind of thing. I want to know who you are and how much I've had to pay for your bad behavior. I'm just done with all of you. And you know what, I don't care. Mike Johnson doesn't need to be speaker.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I said of like you know, one of these these lunatics. He clearly this is not leadership. This is a failure of the highest order. And Greg Murphy telling people, Oh, you're just sitting on the sidelines chirping about it, while I'm sitting on the sidelines chirp and screw you.
Speaker 2: How's that.
Speaker 1: I've had him on the show, thought he was a nice enough guy.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I'm just done with all of you. All of you.
Speaker 1: If you can't figure, if you can't read the room, if you're that bad at it, I don't trust you to do to law make at all, because clearly you don't care. And I wish I saw the tweet from Ted Budd saying he wants the hurricane stuff in there. I'd like to see a more aggressive tweet or statement for that matter. You need, they need to identify, especially this stuff, this motions to quash or modify precluding the ability to subpoena congressional records.
Speaker 2: I don't even is that even legal.
Speaker 1: I guess because it's a personal investigation, you don't get extra protections, none of you, especially since you know you set here and you were in Congress and you watched this J six stuff go down, and other than some strongly worded letters, tweets and maybe some interview statements, the fact is you still had people who did not commit violence against police. Okay, I want to be very clear here. You committed assault and you were sentenced properly, then you deserve to be there. We're talking about parading well, which is this charge that normally is a fifty dollars fine that you can pay on the spot. I'm not making that up. DC literally has this. You saw during the Kavanaugh hearings. It's why they handed these lunatics fifty dollars before they went in and disrupted it. And you have people doing five years for that, and you couldn't pull your crap together to try to do something about it. You're you're you're in incredibly unqualified to be doing what you're doing. And so yeah, I'm chirping from the sidelines. I just have the added benefit of having two flamethrower FM signals to go ahead and stick it in everybody's ears. What a discipline, what an absolute disappointment.
Speaker 2: So many of you are sorry.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of stuff I want to say, but I can't because then Ross would.
Speaker 2: Have to hit the dump button. So let me just go to weather with Ray staging a jeez.
Speaker 7: I hope I didn't let you down.
Speaker 2: You don't want to get on my bad side, not this one. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did you did you go to Congress and then try to pass out law barring us from being able to subpoena your records if you're under criminal investigation?
Speaker 2: Did you do that?
Speaker 7: You didn't? I did not. I did not do that, because that were good.
Speaker 1: Like it sounds like two sets of justice, you know, for us and for them, and I I'm just done with it.
Speaker 7: But well, at least that that makes me feel better because now I know I'm good. I'm good with KC. And that's all night out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless you pull some of this crap, and.
Speaker 8: No, I don't have any no intentions at all, no intentions. Probably not going to deliver great news in the short term because it's going to get colder for the weekend, but longer term getting a little bit milder and right now near seasonable temperatures for Christmas Day.
Speaker 7: We're down a little bit today, most of.
Speaker 8: Us upper forties, low fifties, a lot of clouds around, and tonight and tomorrow we may see some drizzle and blow cloud and fog and a few showers, but not much rain. That's the next front coming in. We'll be in the upper forties to low fifties again tomorrow, and then as we get into Saturday and Sunday, the colder eras start coming in. Saturday morning upper twenties to low thirties, mid upper forties in the afternoon with the gusty breeze. And then Sunday a little bit colder in the morning, some upper teens to load a mid twenties, and then sunny and close to forty in the afternoon. Same thing for Monday with sunshine close to forty, and we're back into the mid fifties loa to mid fifties by Christmas, even Christmas Day, so local shot coming in, no big weather systems case you to worry about. Looks good Tomorrow night in South Bend, cloudy cold, about twenty eight at kickoff for flurries. Noon game and Happy Valley, Penn State, it's gonna be cold and breezy, but just some flurry snow showers only in the mid number twenties around twenty five at kickoff of the gusty breeze, so gonna be cold there the wind may be a factor. And then up in Columbus it's gonna be chilly Saturday night. Likely not gonna have much impact except for the cold at least from the weather. No real heavy snow or anything like that. Maybe a few flurries and that's about it.
Speaker 2: What we Why do we do bowls in snow country? Isn't that the whole point of bowls?
Speaker 7: And I think it's great? Yeah, I think it's great. And the Super Bowl should be outside every year in any market.
Speaker 2: Really, so you want to lambo this year?
Speaker 8: And sure, okay, yep, that's where football was made to be played outdoors and on natural grass.
Speaker 2: That's me first, go back to the very first Super Bowl, right I could?
Speaker 1: All right, man, I appreciate it. We're talking in ever, all right, all right? So wait, hold on, some scumbag just emailed me, sir, what member of Congress do you work for?
Speaker 2: What? You're mischaracterizing? What it is? No, I'm not. You want to literally you know why?
Speaker 1: You know how I know I'm not because if you read a bill, I don't know if you guys know this, or a legal document for that matter, which a bill technically is, if you read it, they have a there's a definitions of things. So if you're ever reading the legal ease in a particular passage and you want to know what things like third party provider, what are some other words in this thing third party provider is? Or you want to know what house data is, there's definitions in there. In fact, you know what, I feel it would be useful to share some of those in light of your stupid email, sir. Okay, so we'll go further down this rabbit hole you've convinced me, and we'll do it next.
Speaker 2: Hang on, are we doing this? We're gonna do this? All right?
Speaker 1: Guess we're doing this here? Phil, what's going on, how you doing, sir?
Speaker 2: Hello Phil right? Oh hey, hey there you are.
Speaker 5: Kseyah, I don't know. I'm a I'm a truck driver and I was heading down sixty four West and as I was near in the Apex Chatham County line over Lake Jordan. Man, this thing was definitely not an airplane because it was it was changing altitude just like straight up, straight down.
Speaker 1: Just for the listeners real quick, you're referring to it. You saw what you think is a drone, just so people know what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it definitely it definitely wasn't an airplane. I mean because of the way it was changing altitude. It was just like up down. I could see the green navigation light. It was going across sixty four West and which hated like towards Sharon Harris Nuclear plant. So I mean, I didn't see a fleet. It was just a single.
Speaker 2: Before and then just Sharon Harris.
Speaker 5: So I don't really know exactly. I mean, it was like I said, it was just a single. I'm just going to say it was a drone because it's it sure wasn't an airplane, and it was. It was. It was pretty damn big.
Speaker 2: What time what's that happened? What time did this happen?
Speaker 5: It was about seven between seven ten, seven fifteen something like that. Yeah, that's and I was curious if any of the listeners I was I was curious if any of the listeners that were in that area at that time saw saw it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you have your truck driveread you have a dash dam or anything, because you see that. I don't know if you saw the video of the plane crash down in Mexico the other day, but like it's a truck or with that.
Speaker 5: I actually, I actually do have a dash cam on here.
Speaker 1: Dig through that and if if you got any video of it, feel free to pass it along. Did did did it say anything to you an Iranian? No, it's probably not iranium. Other I appreciate the culture. I gotta get one more quick call here, Zach, go right ahead.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, good morning, Kasey.
Speaker 11: How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm good, sir.
Speaker 9: Hey, Yeah, I just.
Speaker 5: Wanted to confirm.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I saw, I saw Actually I saw three of them. I saw them playing today. They were right on ninety sixth and Bruce Corner Road, right out there around between about six o'clock about thirty six o'clock. I mean I even got out of my car and looked at him. They were firing three four hundred foot above the ground and just making a grid pattern.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rule, North Carolina is not New Jersey.
Speaker 1: So if if somebody is out there, even if you know, even if they're just out there to screw.
Speaker 2: Around with people, So one of these drolls is gonna get shot.
Speaker 1: Uh it is Thursday, so it's talk about Hollywood say mean things, and uh Stephen Ken joins us to do that.
Speaker 2: How you doing this morning, Stephen? What's up?
Speaker 5: Bet hey seed?
Speaker 10: All right, how are we doing?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, let's see we're one hour. We're four hours away from a vacation.
Speaker 2: So I mean that's amazing. Yeah, I want that for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you trust me, you or I don't want it as much as Ross.
Speaker 2: He's got like a vacation at that calendar in there. So did he have him chained in a basement? Don't you please?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? He's running around with a Captain America's shield. I can't contain him. Did he tell you about his Captain America's shild Ross? Did you tell Steven you got a Captain America's shield. I figured that would be like your currency.
Speaker 10: So like you guys know, but I mean, I'll follow him wherever he goes as long as he's carrying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's probably a good place to be, all right, So we'll.
Speaker 5: Go into the capitol.
Speaker 10: That's my only request.
Speaker 1: What but that's where the free lecterns are. So and you know what, frankly, after the crap they tried to pull with the cr yesterday. Uh, I'm not gonna do it, but if somebody did steal their electorn, it wouldn't make me sad honestly that Like, I know, we don't really do a lot of politics, but like, do they learn You live close to these people, so maybe you go do a welfare check?
Speaker 2: Did there?
Speaker 1: How many people learned nothing from the last election? And I'm talking like media that's doubling down and other you know, some of these quote unquote deep state people. And it's like and then of course like Congress yesterday where they're just like yeah, you know what, Uh yeah, we'll go ahead and fund sent the the International Censorship Bureau, which is what I kind of call it, that's in there, and we'll also provide protection so nobody can subpoena our house data, which by the way, includes things like metadata which these scumbags were willing to capture on every American under the Obama administration.
Speaker 2: So like, like, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, you need to you need to drive over to DC proper and smack some people around.
Speaker 2: Can you do that for us?
Speaker 10: No, I will certainly consider it. I mean, this is this is a mess. I think Elon Musk's tweet just yesterday afternoon where he said vox populi vox with PA, Well, you know there's a million, but vox popular. I mean, the people have spoken, and the American people clearly want a certain kind of Washington and some radical change, and they are just going to do everything they can to maintain the status quo.
Speaker 5: In their defense.
Speaker 10: However, you know, new people have not even been sworn into office yet, Like right now, the Democrats still have the White House and the Senate up until next year, you know, so we're not even there yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got that yet.
Speaker 1: But like it's I don't care if you're whose team you're on, like to provide an out so you don't have to. You can't be subpoenat is not something that you or I enjoyed, right, that's not right that we enjoy. If they're investigating stuff, the government will come and they'll be in all your crap.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter if you're the former president. They'll do that.
Speaker 10: So it makes me angry too.
Speaker 1: And then you try to escape into well escapism and uh, what do you what do you served up? You're served up some really bad Christmas movies this year? How come they can't get a good crew? When was the last good Christmas movie? What was what was the last one?
Speaker 2: Do you think? I don't know?
Speaker 10: The Lord of the Ring, the Scholarship of the Ring.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're not doing this.
Speaker 1: And if you say die hard, I'm hanging up on you.
Speaker 10: But no, never, I've never thought that was funny personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's it wasn't funny the first time nor the ten thousandth time, but they they.
Speaker 2: Did dump a bunch of money.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Red One, I guess is the rock Ross was giving me the rundown. I haven't seen it yet, but he's like yeah. And then the what was a ross? What is the name of the Jack Black one?
Speaker 3: You know, dude, is so bad. It's called Dear Santa, Dear Sanny.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's just the dumpster fire of dumpster fires. So I don't know.
Speaker 10: Get what about Hot Frosty.
Speaker 5: Hot Frosty is.
Speaker 10: Apparently making making ways on Netflix?
Speaker 2: What is that? I don't know this It sounds like an adult movie.
Speaker 10: First of all, Well, yeah, you know, Frosty the snowman becomes a man, and then every woman in town wants to, you know, be with him in certain ways.
Speaker 5: And apparently.
Speaker 2: How big of a carrot for a nose does he have?
Speaker 10: Oh that's a great question.
Speaker 5: It's probably pretty big.
Speaker 2: So you know.
Speaker 3: Netflix, So fantasy is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm literally just going to say that.
Speaker 1: I did you remember the story of the dude who went into the target and molested the Oloft dolls? Like, that's who that movie's made for. Did you did you ever see that story last year?
Speaker 2: So weird from my memory?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, So there's Luta. It goes to a target. It's around Christmas time and he goes First, he walks back to the toy aisle and makes love to a I can't remember what what the toy was there, but then he walks to the front of the store after he gets done hooking up with that toy in the toy all and then immediately cheats on it where he removes an ole off from like one of those big n cap bins, you know, there's just a bin of Oloft dolls, and then proceeds in front of everyone to make love to that thing, and then he puts it back in there. So now you can't even figure out which is the ole off he violated. So they had to get rid of all the olofs. And I'm like, that's who that movie's for.
Speaker 2: That one dude, you gotta burn burn them all.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's let's talk about a couple of movie things and and people quote unquote learning. So for those who don't know, I didn't mention it earlier in the show, though there was a uh, there was an animated series.
Speaker 2: It's a Pixar series. It's a Disney things from their Animal studios.
Speaker 1: The series called Win or Lose, And basically the storyline is that's a middle school softball team, big championship game. One of the players is a biological male who identifies as a female's playing on the team. So I mean, just super red meat about topics that are hugely divisive obviously in the news cycle, so Disney thought they'd shoehorn one into the series. Now they've removed that from which is which is pretty crazy because the thing premieres in like two months.
Speaker 2: They've removed that. Is that Disney listening to people.
Speaker 1: And going this is just going to be another money pit, We're gonna murder money on or what's going on here? Because I've often asked, will Disney learn any lessons?
Speaker 2: So what do you think is going on here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well, I think I said it a couple of weeks ago on this show that I really still believe that Disney is going to write their ship and I hope this isn't too boring of a take, but yeah, they they are actually listening and they are trying to turn this in a different direction. I do find it puzzling, though, from a kind of a pr decision making perspective. Why we know about it? You know, normally, when a character or a plot line or something that's edited and dropped on the cutting room floor for any movie or television show, you you never hear about it. You never hear about it at all because we only talk about finished products. But I have a theory, Yeah, I mean, I certainly would think that they were concerned that the young man in the story that they cut was going to tell everybody about it and create social media content and then they would have to do a reactive press release, and so they got out ahead of it.
Speaker 9: And that's my take because here's about one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: The only thing I would add to that is not just the actor or the voice actor in this case, but.
Speaker 2: The woke employees over Disney, right who see this.
Speaker 1: They know what's going on, and because like like nowadays, if you're woke, you can literally go and remember those idiots at Google decided to the employees decided we're going to take over offices and have sit ins and stuff.
Speaker 2: Who got fired? Right, People still think they'll have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, So I think there's enough woke people over there at Disney that, coupled with what you said, they wanted to get ahead of this, because I'm sure they're matt as hell over there, some of the more activist ones I do. I do have to tell you this though, kind of transitioning over to the video game front, I didn't watch the whole thing, the Video Game Awards thing, because I just I would never do that, but I saw a pretty good, distilled down version of the games, and you know, so, you know, here's some of the stuff that they announced, and I'm curious to pick your brain on that.
Speaker 2: But like the speeches from people and some of the awards, Like there was a there's a game where you plant trees to fight climate change. How's that a video?
Speaker 1: I mean, and it's a very popular one too, I guess because it was up for awards. And yet every speech is one woke garbage lecture after another. Is the video game industry?
Speaker 2: I know, I sound like.
Speaker 1: End of the End is ny guy, But like, if I just watched that and I knew nothing about the industry, I would just assume it's all lunatics.
Speaker 2: And that's not fair because there still are good games getting produced, but they're sure as hell not getting recognition judging from what I saw there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean the speeches in the Video Game Awards from just a couple of days ago. They're a representation of the same entertainment industry that has captured most of the music business and mainstream Hollywood. These are the same people. A lot of the speeches that were the most cringey and woke and we're actually coming from like middle aged people, sort of the higher ups in these game companies. I didn't see many young people, you know, up there on stage and actually talking about their games or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 10: It was a lot of older people. And it's just a reminder to me that most of this movement, all of this woke stuff, is coming from the HR department of fifty year old forty five year old men and women, primarily women, to be clear. And that connects right back to the story at the Daily Wire about this trans storyline being cut out of Win or Lose. You know, the mom in this story was giving most of the comments to the press and talking about how she wanted her son turned daughter to be this kind of history making figure. It's about this older generation.
Speaker 2: That's how it's Hollywood parent, which most of them are usually insane.
Speaker 1: So wait, do you see they also did the oh the Witcher. That's what I was gonna ask you about the Witcher thing, Like, here's another unforced are let's go ahead and purge the character that people love and we can talk about the TV show side of it too, because they basically accomplished that.
Speaker 2: What was the beef with him?
Speaker 1: The director of the TV show on Netflix didn't like him because he knew the source material and.
Speaker 2: Would keep correcting her.
Speaker 1: And now on the video game side, they're like, well, why don't we just get rid of him and we'll go ahead and we'll focus on this female character, who is a good character. I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons of The Witcher, and so I got no beef there, but like to helm the video game to tell the fans, you're getting rid of the main character. We saw this with the Last of Us, right, didn't they didn't they purge their main character and the update This isn't a recipe for success, right.
Speaker 10: Just men are dropping like flies and these stuff. I mean, this is this has to do a serie the Witch right in the Witcher game where elevating Sery to the main role. Now, yeah, you know, I really would like to see the demographic numbers within these gaming companies on who they think their audience is. And you know, it definitely was always the case that young men were the audience for video games, and so you primarily needed to make an appeal to them. That sort of reminds me about the Star Wars Outlaws video game. A really really big game debut for an open world Star Wars game, and they sort of harangue you into playing a pretty straight laced female character, which isn't isn't you know? Criminal? There's nothing really wrong with that, but it's part of a bigger trend that this is in most games now where you have to play as these female characters. And I just I've met a couple of young guys in my life.
Speaker 1: They don't tend to like it as much, I don't think, but then they don't like being forced into it when there is existing material, like if you develop the game where it's a female I have a couple of games that are are there's female character, but they're unique games, right, and nobody pays any mind to that.
Speaker 2: That's what's crazy about this. People are fine with that.
Speaker 1: It's the part where you destroy the storyline of how you got there with and you know, characters can die in a storyline, right, We've seen it in Star Wars obviously here as of late. But you have to do that carefully when you do it in this unceremonial way, and you're just and you tell people you're doing it for woke reasons that people people aren't gonna they're they're sick of it.
Speaker 2: And then you have to run. Did you see the thing.
Speaker 1: Where the guys like a recruiter they were paying They were paying some sort of tribute to this guy who is a recruiter for people who work in the game industry, and they were because they were mad that they were not bemoaning all the layoffs and everything.
Speaker 2: And I'm like you, you absolute tools.
Speaker 1: Are complaining about the layoffs and you're literally unveiling games that.
Speaker 2: Will likely lead the layoffs. It's just maddening to watch them.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, most of this industry is engaged in the act of self emilation. That's what the ideology of the far left requires. They are trying to tear down all these institutions and businesses from within and make everybody applaud them while they do it, and don't we don't have to go along with it. And I do think that the highest rungs of these businesses there's going to be a major worm turn. And Disney is certainly starting to catch on.
Speaker 1: All right, And I had like nine other things I want to get with you, but I'm just all over the place this morning. So I apologize you're not going to get to the drinking story, but maybe I'll say that for next No, not next week. Man, we won't see you until the new year. Brother, it was that January sixth, eight ninth.
Speaker 10: We'll all be we'll all be renewed and filled with a bright spirit of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: We're all going to get murdered by drones. Man.
Speaker 1: There's people seeing them around Raleigh right now. So all right, let you know how that goes. Smack some congress holes for me, and we'll talk in the new year. Okay, I'm gonna plan all right, thank you, sir. Put that on hold there, all right, eight twenty three CaCO Day Radio program. Hang on, I'm going to talk about the Yellowstone, the show and the series finale, okay, and you there will be spoilers here.
Speaker 2: I didn't I intentionally.
Speaker 1: Didn't do it yesterday because I wanted to leave a little buffer for people. But it can't go unaddressed now, believe it or not. I never really watched Yellowstone. I watched a couple episodes and it's it's weird because it's like I like Kevin Costner. It's definitely in the wheelhouse.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: I like I even know the property with a film it. I've literally been there because it's it's it's also it's a guest range too, and then they do a lot of Hollywood shoots there and I went to a shooting event there when I was a kid, actually, But anyway back to this, so I never really got into it, and I, like my friends would be surprised, and I think for me what it was is like when you're really familiar with something and then they take Hollywood license. The stuff irritates me. And so I didn't know if I But that's fine. If you like the show, good for you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Did you like the ending?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: And for those of you who I know nothing about this show, it's Kevin Costner. It's a ranch family from Montana and your big sky.
Speaker 2: The Dunton.
Speaker 1: But it was a very well received show, and I can identify a lot with that.
Speaker 2: I come from a.
Speaker 1: Family who also homesteaded a ranch in that general part of the country and dealt with a lot of the same things that they then dealt with on the show. And so with that in mind, the way that they chose to end this show and here here's the spoiler, because remember this, one of the things about this show was.
Speaker 2: That it attracted.
Speaker 1: A decidedly conservative group of viewers, and it's because you had the family value stuff.
Speaker 2: You didn't have.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a bunch of baristas with purple hair and septum piercnes and big ideas running around in every episode, although you did have a component of that which that was handled on there where you had family members who clearly were rejecting kind of the ranch side of it, and they were woke environmentalist kind of stuff. So you had an element of that because that's an element that exists in real life, but they didn't cater to it. So the way you chose to be done with the show was one of the one of the family members decides to essentially give the ranch back, not exactly give it, but sell it for a dollar twenty five an acre. And the reasoning was is that the time the Duttons came out and they acquired the ranch, the property of the property that they purchased, they actually purchased it from somebody and they paid a dollar twenty five an acre. So that land had been obviously used to be part of the range of one.
Speaker 2: Of the tribes up there in Montana.
Speaker 1: And so there's this really hokey ending where he just gives the ranch away essentially to the chief of one of the tribes there. It says, this was your land before it was taken. My family paid a dollar twenty five. So if you pay me a dollar twenty five an acre, I will sell it back to you. He just gives it away. And this is it's part of a much larger argument that you don't hear it as much in North Carolina, but out west this has been going on since I was a kid. There there are positions and activists out there who essentially.
Speaker 2: Wan I think Wyomi.
Speaker 1: They were proposing like thirty percent of the property that's owned by the state of Wyoming. They just wanted to give back to the there's five tribes there and like that's been going and so that's how they chose to They chose to end it in the dumbest, wokest way possible. Oh yeah, you're right, and just plays into it. By the way I would point out, because it's not really addressed here.
Speaker 2: But I happen to know this.
Speaker 1: Do you know the tribe that is that has the reservation that's closest over to Big Sky is not the tribe who lived there for most of it. So you had you had Sue Shoshone Crow Okay, and the Crow are Sue kind of but not really. And then there's another one that we call the sheep Eaters that are north the yellst On there and I can't remember the actual name because it's hard to pronounce. Only one of those tribes was that really their range at the time that that part of the country was settled. That's why if you go if you go up to Harden, Montana Custom's last stand, you have the Crow reservation, but then you have literally next to it another reservation. The Crow purge the Shoshone there, and they purged the Ossibon I think it was the other tribe's name.
Speaker 2: They purged him out of there.
Speaker 1: So literally it changed hands prior to white settlement and during the course of white settlement within the tribes. So he didn't even give it feasibly, if they stick to the storyline, they didn't even give it back to the right tribe. It's lunacy and the property value of that is astronomical ranch near Big Sky.
Speaker 2: You know what do you know what a lot, a house, a lot in Big Sky goes for.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's, it's it's the new Jackson, Okay, And so to go ahead and do all that this. So I'm just curious, if you're a fan of this show, how'd you like that? I'm glad I didn't invest emotional energy in it.
Speaker 2: Ross. You never watched Yellowstone, right, I don't remember you ever talking about No.
Speaker 1: Never, Yeah, but but you read that yesterday. It's just like, what are we? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: And it's like these are the last There's very few shows out there that you know, come up in conservative circles on the regular, and that was one of them.
Speaker 2: That was one of them. Jack reads here.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to think whenever I yeah, where they they've not injected woke storylines, and then they choose to end the show on a woke storyline.
Speaker 2: So sorry about that. All right, let me let me hit just a couple of things.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna warn you there's not a spoiler here, but I'm not able to read this story without shifting in my chair. Guys, just I'm just warning you and ladies, if you're near, if you're if you're near your guy, watch him when I read this story, because I think you'll have a physical reaction. All right, So here's a new horrible thing I didn't know was the thing. In fact, let me read the name of this thing first, um, with the medical name of this uh, ossification of what we'll say, ossification of the sports car. And if you've listened to the show for a little while, you know that sports car is the code word we use for a particular part of the anatomy that men have. All right, don't ask how we got there. I'm not gonna explain it. So any who, Apparently that's a condition which causes the sports car to literally turn the stone, which I mean at firstly yeah right, but no, no, it sounds horrible basically it it, and I'm not I'm reading from the article here. When this affliction afflicts a dude, it results in an extensive plaque like calcification, forming an extra skeletal structure that is essentially bone encapsulating the whole thing. And dude went to the doctor, as you should do, but was crazy. He went there after it had all turned to stone, I could say, like a fairy tale thing. So's he goes there after, because that's just that's one hundred percent a guy, right, because this doesn't just this isn't onset overnight.
Speaker 2: This thing was.
Speaker 1: It took a while, and this guy didn't go to the doctor until it had literally turned a stone. Now, how do they treat it? They shockwave therapy, They elect they use audio waves and electric current to go ahead, and I guess break.
Speaker 2: The stone or something.
Speaker 1: And what's crazy is in the in the article they say that after doctors diagnosed and explained the treatment to him, the man declined further examination and left. He's he's just like, all right, this is me now, because you're not you're because you're you're sitting there and you have this this thing which i'm I'm And then your doctor's like, all right, so what we're gonna do is we're gonna hook some jumper cables up to it and uh, you know, uh a blast, uh you know, blast some audio waves that'll fix it. And this guy's like, no, I just think I'm gonna go home, and I just mine is made of stone now, and I don't even know how that impacts the ability to use it.
Speaker 2: Uh. For you know, all the variety of uses but holy hell, I could.
Speaker 1: Have gone the rest of my life not knowing that this was a thing that could happen some I guess some of it has to do with metabolic disorders, so which, uh, you know that those are pretty common nowadays, dude to the obesity rate and everything. So who knows, maybe one day just and now it's stone. So all right, let's get rased agic who likes Did you did you catch the story?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Caught the whole thing.
Speaker 8: I I tuned in early and caught the whole thing.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's what you get for showing up early. Man.
Speaker 1: I like, did you need to know that that's something you have to worry about now?
Speaker 7: I thought they had a pill for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but then I'm like, I'm right, this is a horrible disease. And then they're like, we're going to shock it and sound wave it and no wonder the guy left, He's like, I'm fine, I'll be fine.
Speaker 8: I only have one question that if somebody has experience and has done the treatment, does it actually work?
Speaker 7: That's what I need to know.
Speaker 1: It's yes, it does work. It says forty patients per year treated of this condition in the US.
Speaker 7: So and the percentage that are successful.
Speaker 1: It says it's it's a it's it refers to the treatment as a successful uh treatment. And along with they also there's hormone therapy for gotcha and some other stuff that goes with Yeah, i'd I'd be hung up on the jumper cable part.
Speaker 2: I'm out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you'd probably get me at that.
Speaker 1: Like if you told when they when they went into a Sods prison in Syria where they found literally like a human grape press the other day, Like, if you'd have told me they were doing this to the prisoners, I might not believe you. I mean, there's no way like this sounds like pure torture night air fuel man, it does?
Speaker 7: It does?
Speaker 2: All right? Anyway, when I let's go and get to the weather.
Speaker 1: Yes, yet, honestly, could snow eight feet and it wouldn't sound as horrible as the story sounds.
Speaker 7: No, it wouldn't, and it's not going to.
Speaker 8: We'll get as colder as yesterday made it into the low seventies in the triangle of the Triad, A sixty nine, officially well above average. WHI should be near fifty this time of year, and we'll be near that today For the high clouds and sunshine. Really depending on where you are. There's still maybe a little low cloud or fogg in spots. All right now, it looks like there's more clear skies you go near the Triad and out toward Hickory and down your Charlotte than there is Raleigh, Fayetteville off near Lumberton, and Jacksonville out toward the east. So it's kind of a fifty to fifty shot across the state right now. Drop into the mid upper thirties. Tonight might be some spotty drizzle or light rain into tomorrow and then partly Sunday. Otherwise Tomorrow not a bunch of rain. I mean, it's less than and it's probably not even making a puddle if that. That's the next round of colder air coming in upper forties to low fifties Tomorrow, mid upper forties on Saturday, with lows down into the twenties. Sunday sunshine only near forties. Some may not get to forty degrees, with lows at night in the teens and low twenties, and a cold Monday near forty. Tuesday, Christmas Eve sunshine fifty Christmas Day li to mid fifties and mainly cloudy cold for college football playoff games tomorrow night and in Columbus and a happy Valley on Saturday. Austin's going to be decent. The only gain that may be impacted, and I think it would be the wind could be in Columbus for Tennessee and Ohio State on Saturday night. I forgot to tell you, case I am off tomorrow. I know you're off for two more weeks after that. So very Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, email, all that good stuff. I had an emergency trip. I need to make the Death Valley for a graduation, not my daughter's, but my daughter's friend.
Speaker 7: And I'm the.
Speaker 2: Report ossification treatment. All right, I gotta roll me around.
Speaker 7: Have a go one man. We'll see next year.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you in the new year. Brother, all right, we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 11: Well morning, Casey. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell triggered a midweek sell off on Wall Street. Major averages ended deep in the red yesterday. The Dow has fallen now for ten sessions in a row. It's the blue chip's longest losing streak in fifty years. The Fed lowered borrowing costs with another quarter point interest rate cut, But when Powell spoke to reporters yesterday, he indicated the central Bank will be more aggressive in fighting inflation and there may be just two rate cuts in twenty twenty five. Got some new data from Washington this morning. Both the reports surprising to the upside. The Labor Department reports there was a big drop last week and the number of workers signing up for unemployment benefits two hundred and twenty thousand new applications were filed twenty two thousand fewer than the week before. And the government's final look at how the economy performed in the third quarter shows the gross domestic product rose at an annual rate of three point one percent from July through September. The prior estimate was two point eight percent, and Casey a home affordability has worsened over the last three months. This is according to Adam. The report says median priced homes and condos remain less affordable compared to historical averages and nearly all counties across the nation major expenses on median priced homes consume thirty four percent of the average national wage. And this report Casey was sponsored by Total Wine and more.
Speaker 2: Back to you shouldn't we have booze if they're sponsoring this fight.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we're all talking about, well we should have samples so we could get into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, all right, well you work on that. We'll chat tomorrow. Okay, sounds good. Have a good day.