Speaker 1: Hi, Yes, you're listening to The Benin Skin Show and this segment is brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. And man had a great message from somebody last night, somebody that follows the Benin Skin Show on our Facebook page. Not the Freak After Party group, which is great as well, but this is literally a Facebook page called Ben and Skin.
Speaker 2: We love interacting with folks there.
Speaker 1: And he sent us a DM and said, Hey, I heard you guys talking about Andrews so much that I decided to go out there. You guys have hyped it up so much. So he drove from rock Wall all the way out to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano Preston and Plano Parkway. There's only one location of Andrews voted best pizzeria in the Dallas Morning News by readers, so it's the Reader's Choice award winner. And he went out there and I was like, okay, how was it? And he said it was amazing. You guys did not lie and did not exaggerate at all. He loved it and even had a big german while he was there. That's great, and we have several of our beers on tap there and they have other beers as well. You don't have to drink roller Town if you go, but that's part of the fun. They got great pizza, great pasta in that guy's living Proof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hump day pizza. Are you down with a little hump Day pizza? Kta? Hell yeah, put it in me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're really into that category with the pizza delivery thing.
Speaker 2: Yep, you're like you.
Speaker 1: Like speed bomp, right, You're you're the bump Yeah on pizza day speed hump.
Speaker 2: Christina, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ben, I'm doing great. How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm excited about you as well. Uh, I'm excited about Andrews, but I'm excited about Christina. Yes, because her band Oatmeal Pizza, which is one of the greatest cover bands in the history of cover bands, and they are Nirvana cover band, very popular Oatmeal Pizza they are throwing down. They got to show Christina. You guys have a show this Friday night at Tulips in Fort Worth?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's not stock Fest. I don't know if they're actually calling it a festival, but a lot of bands are playing. We're going on around eight thirty. We're going on after Son of Stan. Oh, it's weird, and then Fastball is headlining.
Speaker 2: Hey do you have the Way in there? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: My favorite thing about that is she was telling us that she threw a fastball.
Speaker 3: With her hand that knew how to do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, here is better than a split finger.
Speaker 4: I think their hit song was the Way.
Speaker 2: This was their big hit. Yeah, there's an old couple who went for a walk.
Speaker 1: RPD just tuned in went wait wait, wait, wait wait, we've gone alternative to play fast did we play Fastball? And they started, Dude, you know what I'm interested in? After we get to the well when the music drops in like the not the low five part?
Speaker 2: Did do we have fast Way in there? Probably pull up fast Way? Okay you guys, do you guys know what fast Way sings?
Speaker 1: No, they had they had to talking about they had one huge classic rock song.
Speaker 2: Wait did it come up?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm waiting for this song to hit again.
Speaker 2: Here we go, turn up.
Speaker 1: Fast Way on ninety seven to one, the Eagle, fast Fastball, Fastball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Fastways a real band. Yeah, we have fast Way in there? What do we have that? I heart computers do their job I heart keep rushing her. Just play the number one thing that comes up. I know, been not instantaneous, man, give her a second. Hey, quit yelling at a stop yelling at Christina too. Quit yelling at everyone. You really wanted to get to the forest.
Speaker 3: That's all I want. I'm really excited.
Speaker 4: So yes, thank you, Ben over this Friday tulips and here's a fast way gross.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah I know that. Yeah dude, this just got Jeff k excited. Christina.
Speaker 1: Once you're like a real guitar player like yourself, do you hang up the air guitar and never played it? Under any certain ex like? How does a guitar player look at an air guitar player?
Speaker 3: Well, what's funny? Is I actually air drum more than I air guitar?
Speaker 2: Drum is fun fun? But do drummers air drum? Actually?
Speaker 1: I looked over and saw George hair drumming one day. Wait, turn it base right, I would maintain Motley Crew doesn't exist without fast Way. Oh yeah, I can hear that.
Speaker 2: Turn that up.
Speaker 4: Fast way not playing it two lots on Friday?
Speaker 2: KT What instruments you play? Air version knows really?
Speaker 3: Just the dog?
Speaker 1: Yeah, air dog? When you tell somebody, Hey, this is a waste of my time. Your air dog.
Speaker 2: I'll just why do you do the airplane?
Speaker 1: Why do you make that sound like an airplane's got an engine problem?
Speaker 2: Burn Troyer at one time, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 5: And now it's time for Basis Wee Day Up Day featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Real quick. Caitlin Clark stalker that we reported on two days ago. He had to go to court today or I'm sorry yesterday. Yeah, he's from Denton, right, he's from Denton, but he drove up to Indiana. So he goes into the court hearing. It's a fifty five year old man. But then of Michael Lewis. By the way, wait, he wasn't already up there. They just let him do his own thing and said, hey, come on up whenever you're ready. From Denton. No, he drove up to Indiana and that's where they caught him. He was sending her vulgar and sexual messages on Twitter. Ats.
Speaker 1: I thought you were playing he drove up there for his court case. No, no, he was That's why it was very concerning. This Texas resident is in Indiana. Yeah, okay, close to where she is. You know, he's trying to find her, stalking her.
Speaker 2: So after entering the courtroom today, he sat back in his chair and goes guiltiest charge. Let his lawyers say, I don't know. He might not have had one self representation guiltiest charge. In fact, I almost guarantee he didn't have one. I'll tell you why. In a second point, he blurted out, I'm free. I guess you got the wrong guy. That's a pretty good thing to say. Every time he spoke out of turn, the deputies approached him and told him to sit up straight to not interrupt. Is the judges reading through the charges that he quote terrorized, frightened, or threatened Caitlin Clark and caused a reasonable fear of sexual battery. He replied, can I say something? And the judge said, no, you can't. When asked if he suffers from mental illness, he told the court I need my medicines. Uh oh, he pluralized it. Asked if he lives in Texas, he responded sort of, I live in my car. Oh, he's got one hundred dollars in his savings account. He said his twenty sixteen Toyota Avalon is worth about ballpark ten grand, which I think that's how twenty sixteen avalon probably.
Speaker 1: I have a question how did they get to his uh total personal assets?
Speaker 2: Like why did they cast him? He's gonna post bill, he said, I don't want bond bill whatever. I'm here, I'm staying this guy's good. That's, you know, since the guy's suffering from some mental health issues, you know, and but also stalking, So don't do that. The Rangers announced today that they've entered a multi year agreement with the streaming service of Victory Plus. Let's Go. The Stars are already on that app for free. The Rangers are offering fans to buy a season pass to watch Ranger games for one hundred dollars or twenty dollars a month. That's a bargain. Are people upset with that? Yes, I I've seen a little bit because I think people because I think people were expecting it to be free, because the Stars are free on Victory Plus, and I think that's why.
Speaker 1: Right, But look, I think any of these teams have a right to charge for that, and that's what less than a dollar. That's eighty cents per game or something. But yeah, but also keep in mind, this is to stream games.
Speaker 2: This is like, this is what I was.
Speaker 1: And I can tell you there's lots of people that are angry and I haven't seen it, just because I still get people that send me tweets that are mad at me that the Mavericks have a streaming service and I'm like, it's free on.
Speaker 2: Channel twenty nine. What do you want? Like, why are you bitching?
Speaker 1: Like, if you want a streaming service, you will pay for it. This is what it costs. Netflix isn't free. Apple TV isn't free. None of the streaming services are free. If you want to stream the Rangers, it's going to cost you one hundred dollars. If you don't want to stream them, you don't.
Speaker 2: Have to pay it. I mean you have to pay the CFC Dallas or the Dallas Wings too, you know, so why would the Ring and the Stars? I would imagine one day will be charging as well.
Speaker 1: They're also growing, you know, it's smart for them to do it for free. They're the smallest of those sports, right hockey, you know, Dallas Stars.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of passionate fans of the Dallastars, but it's a much smaller group than the Rangers, the Mavericks or the Cowboys, so it's smart for them to do that. I can't imagine you'd ever see.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys do that. And the Rangers are also looking into some cable alternatives as well. So this is not the end. There'll probably be more that comes out. Maybe it doesn't get done until middle of the season or after the season, but we've still got three months four months. I'm saying, you have to have a you know, a smart TV, which I think a lot of people do now, I think, say the majority of people do. I think it's where you can go download an app onto your TV. But the Victory Plus app is great. It's simple, it's easy to use, and I've only watched it for a minute when I got it at the beginning of the year, just to see what it was all about when the stars were available, and it's great. So I want to go straight that you don't have to deal with the Bally mess anymore. No, no, no, uh.
Speaker 1: And this is what we talk about with everything, like it's frustrating to me that if I want to go what like, if I want to go watch Silo, I got to get out and then go back in Apple.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's but that's with everything is this has nothing to do with sports, and it has nothing it's this is what TV is these days. If you if you want the shows you want, you're gonna have to get the app. And then the apps don't all work together. You have to go out of one app. Like I can't just flip it back and forth between a Netflix show and an Apple TV show. That's exactly what I've been doing. And to your point, I have to I can't flip back and forth. But the two shows that I binge watched recently are American Medieval and Silo, and so I you know I have I was getting my haircut today and I was talking to the lady who's cut my hair, and she was like, have you been watching anything good? And I start telling her about it just oh, I don't have Apple TV. That's just the reality you if you want those services, if they're show like And the problem for me is like I want Apple TV for severance and I've kept.
Speaker 2: It this whole time. Then I watched it for your.
Speaker 1: Nephew's movie right, and outside of that, I haven't needed it until now for Silo, so I probably you could probably just get them, get rid of them, and then get them when there's something you want to watch. And then there are also some that are bundled together, like mau just confusing Max and Disney, and some of those are bundled together.
Speaker 2: But like also, one of the things that will happen is I'll.
Speaker 1: Get into a like a I don't want to say a rut, but a routine, and I'm suddenly watching a bunch of Netflix stuff because I literally don't want to take the time. I'm just like, okay, Netflix is on, and we find something, and then if there's something that will drive me to that app, like I went, I decided I wanted to watch Shrinking. I don't think I had gone on the Apple app since I watched the uh Mark ronson music documentaries, and I was like, when we were done watching Shrinking, I start flipping through all the Apple shows, going.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a lot of good shows here.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuff I'm interested in watching that I hadn't paid attention to it months.
Speaker 2: You paid for it the whole time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Odd goes this is what it is now. I think this is a great thing for the Rangers though. I actually think it's great. One hundred dollars for one hundred and sixty two games, that's that's good. Yeah, that goes straight to their bottom line. You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure victory plus gets plus play getting a cut. They probably are selling ads on there. They got they were selling ads for the Stars when I flipped over there, So I don't know how heavy the spot load is or whatever. They're also going to have special player shows and interview shows and things like that. I just think when you support those types of initiatives, you're supporting your team.
Speaker 2: Also.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's no one's getting rich off that. But if you help the team make a little bit of money and they keep you know, a top ten payroll, top five payroll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you like the team, you'll buy it, and if you don't like the team or don't want to watch, you won't.
Speaker 1: And that's that's I mean, it's as simple as that. It's one hundred games, this is its hundred dollars. This is about prioritizing what is important to you. Yeah, you know, I mean it's not going back the other way and getting mad at the team doesn't make sense. You're mad at just the current state of the world. Maybe take a month off and see if they're good. And if they're good, then in June buy it for twenty dollars a month. Right, maybe you spend sixty dollars all year.
Speaker 2: Along on it. There you go.
Speaker 1: Actually, he's pretty smart. They might actually be good this year too. They're they've loaded up, they're squads looking good. I think they're the favorite.
Speaker 2: The risk is buying do the month by month thing for April and May, and then if they're really bad, you're like, oh guy, what, I'm gonna watch them? Anyways, I spend forty dollars. It's a gamble. But if they're really good, then you end up paying a little bit more. Yeah, it'll be fun. I think they're gonna win. Boat.
Speaker 1: You wins a World Series every other year. All right, thank you, Kevin, appreciate that. Coming up next, uh, in the Big Finish?
Speaker 2: Can I tease this? I would like to tease this. Ye. Coming up next in the Big Finish, Ben's Big Load. Ben