Speaker 1: Father and Jesus name. Lord God, I think you right now that your holy spirit is just going to speak through me. Lord God, I think you right now that I have prepared the horse has been made ready for battle, but the victory is yours. And God, I think you right now that these people in this room right now open up their hearts. They open up their hearts and their minds and their souls. Lord God, they are open books before you, Father, right on their hearts. Divide, use the sword, cut out anything that needs to be cut out, but Father God, that they might understand the heart beat of you, which is love in Jesus's name. Amen, are you ready? Buckle up, Buttercup, it's coming. I'm fun country too. So if you leave church on Sunday morning and you don't cry your eyeballs out and laugh, I have failed you. Okay. So I teach parenting around here. How many of you have been through my parenting class? Oh, Halla, Louijah, We've been doing it for years. There is I like to give parents hacks. You know what I mean by hacks where there's like one line zingers that kind of fix a lot of things, you know, because the kids come to you and they're like that, and you're like, what do I do with that? Right? And so one of one of my hacks, one of my good liners is and I've usually given it to the parents when they're the kids are fighting back, you know, kind of whining and fussing and wanting to debate. Any of your children ever want to debate your word of truth, and they want to debate. So the one liner hack, And if you walk away with nothing else this morning, this is it. You can look at them in the eye and you can say, I love you too much to fight with you. Right. So this line of I love you too much is a wonderful thing that helps you bring together truth with love. I love you too much to let you eat that whole bag of candy. It sounds all lot better than stop eating all that candy, right, I love you too much to let you Okay fill in the blank. So parents, you can take that home, use it, spouses can use it. I love you too much to leave the toilet seat up. Okay, never mind, I didn't try that first service, didn't go over well second, so I think I'll take that off my notes. Okay, So about two weeks ago they say that the word that has cut the preacher becomes the most powerful word. And I will tell you that the next coming thirty minutes is a rundown of what this little preacher has been going through for the last two weeks. So my goal here is that I'm just gonna kind of let you in the window of my world and if, if by any chance, the word might partially possibly apply to you, grab it and run. Okay, join me in my pain. But there was a moment about two weeks ago that I had a Holy Spirit moment where I heard him say, Joel, I love you too much to let you, and then he filled in the blank. And when you hear that from Holy Spirit, you're kind of like, there's a huge piece of me that wanted to say, yeah, right, you love me. That is not even nice, that's mean. And God, a God is a god of love, and a God of love doesn't make me do that. No, Joel, I love you too much to let you. And I was kind of stunned. I had to work through my rebellion, my frustration, my everything, and I had to start listening. Maybe you can relate. Okay, So my story starts back in twenty twenty in COVID. Remember COVID, who lived through COVID. I think you're all old enough to have no COVID. Well, COVID hit, and this little girl's response was to go into deep intercession and warfare prayer. Anybody there with me during COVID, you knew something was wrong and I, I mean, I'd always been a little bit warfairy. I kind of liked praying death upon evil and all sorts of things. I kind of enjoyed doing that, but I got even more and my war cry of uncover and cover, reveal, reveal, expose, expose the evil in the world. It was me and God against all the evil that was coming out. And I knew he was my buddy and we were working together. Amen, we were just like this. Now, let me describe to the me part of this. Okay, So the me part of miss of this is I am kind of a little black and white. Even though I'm fun and nice and warm and cozy and loving, I'm pretty black and white right and wrong. Right, And the part of I also really love the concept of God being the cleansing judge. Okay, so that's my part of the duo. God's part of the duo to be honest with you, he felt exactly the same as I did, and I just knew it. So now fast forward to twenty twenty five. Me and God are continually like this. We're still praying, believing, warfare, prayer and over everything. But at this moment I'm starting to get a little perturbed because in reality, he ain't doing his side of the job. He's the cleansing jaw, you know, the cleansing judge, and I'm the one supposed to be praying and believing, and he's not holding up his end of the bargain. And I'm getting kind of mad at him, and I'm getting more and more mad at all the evil. Okay, so this is kind of my brain set. This is my mind so the other week, and please know that there were other issues that were kind of playing into this as well, where I was starting to misalign myself and I needed help. God loved me too much to leave me where I was at, and if I had continued, it wouldn't be good. It wouldn't be good for me, it wouldn't be good for my dear husband. Oh and it would not be good for you. So I decided a couple months back to do a deep dive into the psalms. And you know, the psalms are kind of like a crackerjack box. You open up the box and every box has a new little surprise in it, and you never know what your surprise is gonna be. So with every psalm, there's a new surprise about right to spring upon you. Either David is screaming and moaning and crying because everybody hates it, and then the next one, God is so good, and then the next one you knows, you know what I'm talking about, right, So you never know. So every morning. So this morning, this particular morning, I got me a little mug of tea, my tea, and it's dark outside, and I sat down next to the Christmas tree, and I had my little blanket and my little foot heater, and I got out my Bible and I was all ready to go and just taste and see what that. The Lord is good in Psalm fifty. So I landed on Psalm fifty and I open up Psalm fifty and here we go, right, so we're gonna read this one. The first verse, the mighty one God, the Lord speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun. To the place where it sets, and all of a sudden I knew we were in for a good one. I love it. The three names of God. The mighty one that is the word l that is that push him. He's at the top of the god food chain.
Speaker 2: He is the mightiest, most powerful, most holy, most incredible God.
Speaker 1: And then the next word there God, just plain God. That God word right there is Elohim. So he is the highest of all of the spiritual things. He is the top once again the food chain of the God out there, and he is so mighty and so powerful. This is how the psalmist starts. And then the next word Lord. Do you notice that it's all capitalized. When you see the word Lord all capitalized, he's referring to the word Yahweh, which is not only the big God, mighty God, powerful, almighty, holy God, but he's the covenant God with his creation. So there's a different meaning in LRD when they're capitalized. It's telling you about how much he cares about us, that there is a love in this God, a caring for his creation, a covenanting with you and me, who are not God. I'm kind of liking this psalm. I'm thinking this is gonna be a grand one. It's gonna be a doozy. So I take another sip of my tea and say, okay, God, let's go. Let's go. You're summoning the earth, the whole earth, all the peoples from Zion, perfect in beauty. God shines forth. Our God comes and will not be silent. Hallelujah. You're finally gonna do your thing. You're with me now. A fire devours before him and around him, A tempest rages. The word fire there is a word that brings about active judgment. The word tempest means overwhelming power. Oh yeah, this is a good one. This is a doozy. These are the kind of psalms I love. So he gathers awe. So he summons the heavens above and the earth. And here's where it takes a turn that he may judge his people, like wait, wait a second, judge your people. There's a whole world out there to judge. We're all here standing watching, listening to you roll in with fire and thunder, and you're coming after your people. There's got to be a typo. Gather to me, my consecrated ones who made us covenant with me, by sacrifice, and the heavens proclaim his righteousness. For God himself is judge here, oh my people, and I will speak, oh Israel, and I will testify against you. So now I'm in it to win it, but I'm not liking it. And I want to give you a little hint, people of God. There are some things in the Old Testament that are completed in the Old Testament and don't come over into the New Testament. That would be ceremonial laws, the sacrificial system. All of that does not make it through the Cross. But there's a lot in the Old Testament that make said all the way through the Cross and into today. And this is something that we're gonna talk about here today. Even though we're reading from the Old Testament, it comes to us into the New Testament. But here's a truth from the Lord. God loves you too much to let you do anything that is against his word. He loves you too much, and he will convict you privately. But if the private conviction won't work, he has no bones about taking you public. I'm like, God, are you kidding me? In front of all the world. You're gonna judge your people first, And I know Over the last couple of years, there's been some judging of some of his consecrated ones very publicly. I want to listen to him privately. So I don't want my stuff. How many of you have, well, don't raise your hand. Anybody got some stuff, raise your hand on the inside. I don't want my stuff drug out before the world. I want to be judged privately, and that's what he prefers to do. So let's keep moving on Verse eight. I do not rebuke you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, which are ever before me. I have no need of a bull from your stall, or of goats your pens. For every animal in the forest is mine, and the cattle on the Thousand Hills, I know. Every bird in the mountain, and the creatures of the field are mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world is the whole world is mine, and all that is in it. Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drank the blood of goats? And what he's talking, he says it it's poetic, so it's repetitive. But what he's saying is, I'm not going to rebuke you for all of your obedience. You have been following my instructions about sacrifice and about all of that to a tee' I don't want. I'm not here to rebuke you about that. But he's saying that ain't all it's about. So now he's going to go on here and he's going to start unveiling what it is about sacrifice, Thank offings to God. Fulfill your vows to the Holy One, and call upon me in the day of trouble, and I will deliver you and you will honor me. This these two verse here they shift to the heart. I need you to be thankful. I need you to to fulfill your your promises to me. I need in the time of trouble, call upon me and I will be don't don't turn to anything else. So God is saying here, I'm not gonna rebeal you got all the outside going on, you are being obedient. I am wanting See.
Speaker 3: God's love for you is a little ruthless. God's love for you goes so deep. He's so jealous and ruthless. He doesn't want just the outer stuff from you.
Speaker 1: He wants to go down into your very depths of your being. He wants to own your heart too. Oh, and we give him his our heart. Everything comes into alignment verse sixteen. But to the wicked God says, and now I'm thinking to myself, Okay, now it's turning around. We're gonna get back to business. But instead he says, what right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips? By talking about his law and his covenant, it's very apparent he's not talking about the world and the earth yet, He's still talking about his people. But he's his word is a little harsh there. It's a little harsh, wicked what you hate my instruction and cast my word behind you. When you see a thief, you join in with him. You throw in your lot with the adulters. You use your mouthful evil and harness your tongue for deceit. You speak continually against your brother and slander your own mother's son. Now he's getting a little personal. You hate my instruction and cast my words behind you. Pastor George, you're getting a little rough on me right now. It's not me, it's Psal. I'm fifty. Beat me up pretty good. The word picture in that sentence is a very holy, consecrated saint walking with the scriptures, reading it and going mmm, eh, oh that's good. That's good. Yeah, not really for me, picking and choosing, casting the word behind you. When you see a thief, you join, I have stolen nothing. But I will tell you that sometimes I kind of work things. You know, when you have to share the piece of cake with your brother, and you kind of cut the cake a little bigger on one side and then the other, and then you take the big sign just saying you throw your lot in with adulters. Well, I've never had adulterree Jesus, But can I remind you that Jesus is teachings said, if you even look with lust in your heart, you've broken the law. Oh see, God does God that he's a little ruthless, isn't he a little ruthless, getting a little personal, a little deep, a little harsh. He loves us too much to let us. You use your mouth for evil, and harness your tongue for deceit. You speak continually against your brother and slender your own mother's son. And this is one of the nights that kind of cut me, because I had been experiencing some things by some people, and I was kind of ticked off. It wasn't fair, it wasn't nice, it wasn't right. I had every right to tell my story, did I now? Verse twenty one, these things you have done and I kept silent. You thought I was all together like you? Yeah? Wow? That first half of that verse, these things you have done and I have kept silent. The Passion translation says it like this, and I love it. All this you have done, and I've kept silent. So you thought I was just like you sanctioning evil. Now remember that very first verse talks about who God is, mighty, powerful, holy. That's not me. I'm right here. But this verse in twenty one says you thought I was all together like you. The problem with sin is that sometimes God keeps quiet about it. Why does he do that? If you were to ask the Lord, he would say, because I'm giving you time to repent, time to turn. Honey. I've been working with you. You know, you know my heart. Come on, conviction, come on, it's better over Your life is better this way. He's working with you. You hear a sermon, you hear a little voice, and you have opportunity. Because he's keeping silent, you have opportunity to turn but instead God's people interpret his silence as accepting compromise. And when we accept compromise, we start thinking in our head, well, maybe God, you know, he understands, yeah, you know, a little bit here and there, he understands. There's a lot of grace in the cross. God is God is a good God. God is a good God. And so we start remaking God to be someone like me. I'm trying to be nice, but sometimes the word just cuts it. Just like that. C. S. Lewis speaks in Mere Christianity and he says, in God, you come up against something which is in every respect immeasurably superior to you. And unless you know that, you know God is that, and therefore know yourself is nothing in comparison, you do not know God at all. That raises a terrible question, how is it that people who are eaten up with pride can say that they believe in God and appear to be ever so wonderful. I'm afraid they are worshiping an imaginary God. They're theoretically admitting they theoretically admit themselves to be nothing in the presence of this phantom God, but are really all the time imagining how He approves of them and thinks them far better than other people. For for you, my dear precious saints. When we compromise and God's giving us time to come to him and repent, we have a couple of options. We can either repent and come back to Him, or we can begin to think that God is altogether like us. But I am here to say God is nothing like us. We are to become all together like him and his work in our hearts and he will never stop until we die. Is to be coming to us saying honey, I love you too much to let you do this. Come with me and become more like me. Become all together like me. Become all together like me. Stop making me be like you. I want you to become like me. Oh but God, if you want me to be like you, I have to fit inside. I have to be like Christ. Christ in me. I in Christ. I don't fit on the wrong shape. I carry anger, I have fear, bitterness, I have unforgiveness. And God says, no, don't make me be like you. Don't show my love through your lens. You come. You come and become altogether like me. Break break, break, break.
Speaker 2: Break off everything that you carry in your.
Speaker 1: Heart and in your mind. That is contrary. It hurts. I didn't like what he was bringing to me. But in reality, when we modernize the Gospel, it always removes his holiness, and we lose the holiness of God. We tend to create a God of our own making. I spent a few days walking around in a lot of humility, and I'm not gonna lie. It went between what I call conviction and condemnation. The Bible talks about both. Conviction is straight from Holy Spirit. Condemnation is straight from hell. Conviction is the Holy Spirit saying, come on, life's better over here. Come on, come on, let it go. Just let it go and love. I don't want to love. They don't deserve it. Come on, let it go.
Speaker 3: Life's better here, y'ah. But you don't know, Yes, I do know.
Speaker 1: Let it go. It's a song, right, How many of you were thinking that I won't even try. My little Ellie can sing it real good? Okay, Come back to me. Where was I let it go? So it took me a couple days to put God back on the throne, back into who he was and his holiness, and realign myself underneath it of his child his creature, say by grace covered in the blood setting aside condemnation. Condemnation is when the judge's gavel hits and you are sentenced to death. Conviction says honey, before you go, before the judge, come on over here, let's make it right. That's what Holy Spirit does. So it was time to move to the next psalm, Psalm fifty one. I got brave enough see what we got here. So before you put it up on the screens, though, let me the very beginning of it. It says for the director of music. You know, there's always this little addendum at the beginning? Is I called an addendum preface? I don't know. A psalm of day when the prophet Nathan came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba. Now context, David, young boy anointed as king, mighty man of faith. I watched the David movie. Even how many of you watched the David What a movie. I want to be just like him, this kid singing and going out against Goliath and the faith and the obedience. He was amazing, and he worshiped, and he brought sacrifices before the Lord and his heart is the same as God. Him and God are just like this, and his heart is close to God. And then one day he wakes up and he looks over the balcony and he's consumed with lust. He's consumed with jealousy. He's consumed with what he sees. And then he commits adultery, and then he commits murder, and then he lies about it. That's four of the commandments, the ten commandments, at least four right there. He does all this stuff, and he goes to bed, and he wakes up in the morning. No lightning bolts. He puts back on his kingly robe, puts his crown in. Everybody comes out, Oh, your Highness, yourhiness. Sunday rolls around time to go to church, kind of walks into church, no lightning bolts, nothing. He starts thinking, well, hmm, maybe God's holiness isn't what I thought it was. Maybe his requirement of those ten commandments are quite what I thought it was. And David begins to reconstruct God altogether like him. For a year. This went on for a year. He came into the tent, danced before the Lord, saying, worshiped, brought sacrifices, did everything on the outside, but his heart had moved away. He looked good, but his heart so one day, I don't know, during that whole year, I'm sure Holy Spirit, I don't know. Holy Spirit is Old Testament. I don't know, but you know, I think I probably shouldn't have done that conviction reading the word. Ooh yeah, well, nothing happened. I'm doing pretty good until God ended his silence and brought Nathan to publicly bring truth to him. God loved David too much to let David be comfortable in his compromise. And God loved God David too much to let David reconstruct God's holiness, lowering it down to his level and just walk around like everything's fine, people of God. God loved me too much for me to walk in my compromise, my unlovingness, all the things, and it took him breaking. Now nobody publicly came to me, because praise the Lord, I came to him first. But I'm bringing it publicly because I wanted to help you. New Horizon is going to be a church filled with humility. New Horizon is a church that fails, filled with people that fail. But we know exactly what to do with our failures. Horizon as a church, that we will not serve a God of our own making, but we will serve the God Elohim the Mighty one. Hallelujah, Yahweh, Jehovah, Jirah. Everything that is the God I will serve. And it took me a few days to put God back on the throne and me to extradite myself as being co ruler. God is altogether not like me. God is not me, Praise the Lord. And I am in the process of becoming altogether like him. Amen. So here's the cool thing. Remember I told you we're gonna get Psalm fifty one. God is holy, He's the creator of all things, He's all powerful ways, and his thoughts are higher than mine. I will not cast his words behind me, not one, not one single one. I will not hate his instruction, but I will yield to it. We must undo the God of our making, and instead we must all become altogether like him, conform to his image. That means I have to break. That means I have to be honest and confess. I'd rather get up you here and tell you how cool I am. Be like me because I'm so good. But I found myself weeping before the Lord in great humility. Now, is this a works sermon? No, thisays a heart sermon. This is a heart sermon because if I can align my heart well, I can move into twenty six and God is free to do everything he wants to do. So would you join me in a little bit of contemplation? Would you join me? After a second service? It was pretty cute for service. I made a lot of really good points and there was very little clapping. It's like, I'm thinking, this is not going over well at all. But I guess this sermon needs to work in our souls. I had to bring it, you, guys, I had to. I kept fussing at the Lord. No, I want to bring the fun ones makes us all feel happy. And God says, this will make you happy. This will make you truly happy, because when we let go of anything in our souls and in our hearts that are misaligned, we truly become the better version of ourselves. Let go of fear, people of God, let go let go of lust, let go of anger, let go of offense, let go of everything that contorts you out of the image of Christ. And you're constantly being preached at take on the image of Christ, and you're like, I'm trying, No, this is the image of Christ. Let it go, and once again, don't sing the song. But what's a better way to say that? Let it go? No, let go release it. I'm hoping the Holy Spirit right now is talking in your heart. Maybe you got it all together. I sure hope so. Maybe, but maybe there's a little something something Maybe I don't know. I don't know. We're so we gotta be great at both where the outer works are in place, but we don't get our salvation through them. We're just obedient through them. We have an obedient heart, but our hearts on the inside are so aligned. Let holy spirits speak right now. Maybe if you have notes, write it down, maybe he'll bring you something this afternoon or the next day. But here's the beauty of our God. Remember that covenant. Yahweh. He's so connected with you, he's so in love with you. He doesn't leave us in our brokenness. He meets us there and he heals us there, and he brings us into great things. David, pray to prayer in Psalm fifty one, and I want to pray it over you. I want you to pray it with me. I want you to pray it through with me. I'm going to read Psalm fifty one out of the passion, and then we'll be done. You can go about your day. I've messed with you far enough. Just take a moment, take a deep breath, and just listen the Holy Spirit. Listen. We're here because we love God, we need God, we want God. Let's just say we want Him all the way down, not just on the surface. So let this sink in with you. Okay, it's the passion. It'll be on the screens, but I don't want you to get lost in reading the words unless that helps you. Let it come in close your eyes, if you can find a place of humility in your soul. Pride, it is said, is the worst of sins, because remember it's pride that made Lucifer Lucifer. We have to let it go. So here's David. God, give me mercy from your fountain of forgiveness. I know your abundant love is enough to wash away my guilt because your compassion is so great. Take away this shameful guilt of sin, forgive the full extent of my rebellious ways, and erase this deep stain on my conscience, for I am so ashamed. I feel such pain and anguish within me. I can't get away from the sting of my sin against you. Lord.
Speaker 4: Everything I did, I did right in front of you, and you saw it all against you, and you above have I sinned. Everything you say to me is infallibly true, and your judgment conquers me. Lord, I have been a sinner from birth, from the moment my mother conceived me. I know that you delight, who set your truth deep in my spirit. So come into the hidden places of my heart and teach me wisdom. Purify my conscience, make this leper clean again.
Speaker 1: Wash me in your love until I am pure in heart. Satisfy me in your sweetness, and your song of joy will return. The places within me you have crushed will rejoice in your healing touch. Hide my sins from your face, erase all my guilt by your saving grace, Create a new clean heart within me. People of God, he is.
Speaker 5: So ready fill me with pure thoughts and holy desires, ready to please you.
Speaker 1: May you never reject me. May I never take from May you never take from me your sacred spirit. Let my passion life be restored, tasting joy in every breakthrough you bring to me. Hold me close to you with the willing spirit that obeys whatever you say. Then I can show to other guilty ones how loving and merciful you are. They will find their way back home to you, knowing that you will forgive them. Oh God, my saving God, this is the Yahweh we're talking about. This is the covening God who's chosen to lay aside his holiness to connect with you and me. This is his answer that was my part. Then my heart will once again be thrilled to sing the passionate songs of joy and deliverance. Lord godlock my heart, unlock my lips, and I will overcome with my joyous praise.
Speaker 2: For the source of your pleasure is not in my performance or the sacrifices I might offer to you. The fountain of your pleasure is found in the sacrifice of my shattered heart before you. You will not despise my tenderness as I humbly.
Speaker 1: Bow down at your feet. Our God is a God who takes our shattered hearts, shattered by sin, compromise all of that. People of God. Even now today, every moment of every day, Jesus is there standing putting your heart back together again. He doesn't leave you a sinner. Oh but Jesus, sometimes we want to stay sinners. But today, oh people of God, New Horizon, New Horizon. New horizon is filled with consecrated ones, saints that hear the Holy Spirit in the quiet and responds so quickly it requires humility. Pride is gone out of New Horizon in Jesus's name. Pride from this very pulpit. Pride off of this stage. In every way, shape and form, Pride going through this the rose all the way to the back, all the way. Pride will not reign in this house. Pride will not find its place. And if you like pride, you're gonna have to go somewhere else because it's gonna feel really weird around here. But humility reigns in this house. This is a safe house. I feel so safe with you that you won't judge me for telling you about my troubles, because I know you love me too much to let me stay there, and you love me too much to leave me there. God loves you so much it's turned towards him. Amen. Okay, are you left bleeding and beat up? Or do you feel the love of God in here. Realignment Setting twenty twenty five aside. God does not hold your past against you. But if you're gonna drag it with you everywhere you go because you haven't let it go, He'll deal with y'all through twenty six too. But I don't know if I want that. Amen, it's all stand. It's all stand. Prayer warriors, come on up. If God's work work in your heart, don't let it stop just because we're shifting. Took me a few days to process this one, not because Holy Spirit wasn't there to love me, but I needed to become contride of soul and that's completely contradictory to my flesh. Anybody in the room, Okay, don't worry him. Praise you Jesus. Let's just let the Holy Spirit just settle in this room. If you need to go, I understand, but don't let the word go. Thank you for listening. I pray the Holy Spirit was released through it. Amen. If you have some confessions to make, if you have some people to straighten some things about, if you have some forgiveness to ask for, if you come to the altar and you know someone has aught against you, go to them. Let's clean it up. Let's realign all the way from the outer to the inner in Jesus' name. Hallelujah, have a blessed a come forward for prayer if you'd love to just you know, even if you just you have an acre of pain that you need prayer for, or you're believing for something, come forward. Or if you want prayer regarding the Word, that's fine. Come on up. We love you. Let's worship