Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy. Thanks for finding the podcast version of the show. If you're not listening on the iHeartRadio app, you should because there's a lot of great new updates, including the ability to set one oh three point one as a favorite, just like you do in your car. Open up the iHeartRadio app update and use it. Here's today's podcast. Trusha's got the story we Love in just second. But one of my follows on Twitter is x I guess is the Babylon B. In their parody site, they make funny headlines oka right, and it cracks me up. Would you like to hear the one that made me laugh yesterday Sunday? Yes, Ablon B Miracle Worship Leader plays him as it is written, you haven't been to church.
Speaker 2: Mind as m capital capital h h y m and him oh h.
Speaker 3: Y m n oh him.
Speaker 1: Plays church him as it was written because most of the the musical people at the church a little bit.
Speaker 3: Their own right.
Speaker 1: Instead of just the way it was written. I thought that that was much funnier than Tricia did, because I've spent a lot more time in the church.
Speaker 3: I thought you meant h I am.
Speaker 1: Of course you did the stories we love so Donald Trump, that worship leader didn't actually lead you to thank him.
Speaker 3: Now, I thought you were talking about the Lord H. I am with a capital H.
Speaker 2: Y'all, pray for Tricia, Please please pray for her funnier things.
Speaker 1: Please help your finds salvation.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, stop it. Let me do my Let me do my job.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump again not even president, but he's already hard at work on the issues that are really mattering and making a difference. He named Sylvester Stallone, Mel Gibson, and John Voight as his special Ambassadors to Hollywood. He's totally created this position, Sandy, he said, quote. They will serve as special invoice to me for the purpose of bringing Hollywood, which is lost much business over the last four years to foreign countries, back bigger, better, and stronger than ever before. These three very talented people will be my eyes and ears, and I will.
Speaker 3: Get done what they suggest.
Speaker 2: It will again be like the United States of America itself, the golden age of Hollywood.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm like to comment, I don't know what to think about his picks, but he's right. Hollywood has lost a lot of business and a lot of creativity and a lot of good move there's just has many good movies being made, right, and that's a big, big business.
Speaker 2: What makes me go, what about the story? Are the people that he chose?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, John Voyd, Mel Gibson and Sylvester still Alone.
Speaker 1: Like it kind of starting to add up because member still Loane got on the Trump bandwagon late in the campaign. He was jockeying for a position.
Speaker 2: Yep, Pier, I feel like probably these guys were just out there supporting Trump, and Trump was like, I have an idea, Like what I don't I don't think this is something they were shooting for.
Speaker 1: Well, I bet you these studios lean into this because if the government's going to help them out, give them a break here and there to keep business in America, They're going to be all for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think though the government needs to help step in and help breaks Hollywood?
Speaker 1: I think it employees a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: If they can give them a break and help them be profitable, yeah, absolutely, and keep people employed.
Speaker 2: So does that mean like Stallone and Gibson aboarding me traveling around the world like Ami, getting people to bring step Yeah, I mean, don't you think there was anybody maybe even a little bit younger that he could have added as one of the ambassadors to attract Justin Bieber.
Speaker 3: No, not Justin Bieber.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I associate Hollywood with Justin Bieber as much as I do just stam reporting, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Just probably not a whole lot of people in Hollywood for him to align with his Yeah vision, you know what I mean? Yeah, to choose from so true not uncommon for actors and actresses to be ambassador or so No.
Speaker 2: No, no, I understand that. I totally get that, Okay, I just think it's so weird and random it is. It immediately reminded me of I asked you this before. What was this space program that he invented that had the has the cheesy, cheesy name space Command, Space Command done. I feel like it should be in like a Superman movie or something.
Speaker 1: Space Force, Space Force.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. Yeah, he's I feel like he's just I don't just do anything he wants, just make it up stuff.
Speaker 1: You never know, Hey, you got to come up with do stuff. Someone one day said, hey, you know what, we need an air force.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I'm not saying he's doing it.
Speaker 1: Wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that he is taking it and running with it.
Speaker 1: He's got some ideas that he does, certainly does. That is the story we love. She's TRUI remin named Sandy's sticking around. We got more coming up. America lost an American treasure, like late last week Bob Yuker passed away. We've got more about that coming up in just a second. Don't forget that you can text us anytime you like seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. We just we'd love hearing from you, guys. It's nice to know that somebody out there somewhere is listening to this, right.
Speaker 3: And makate it.
Speaker 1: We're very insecure people, I am anyway, Yeah about is there anyone listening to this?
Speaker 3: I do have a little bit of insecurity about that boy.
Speaker 1: But when that text machine goes off and we get a text message, it just makes our name. Yeah, So textas a time, just say hi, seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. If you can brave, If you're brave, you can tell us who your favorite is.
Speaker 2: Sandy, And we don't need people being like kind and saying hurt, Yeah, what are feeling?
Speaker 3: We know that. It's just like you know, all parents have a favorite child. We know you do. Just tell us who it is, right.
Speaker 1: Bob, youger passed away.
Speaker 2: Remember this, you don't learn the best things about being an X big leader is getting preties.
Speaker 1: To the game.
Speaker 4: Call the front office fingo, and once these fans recognize me, I probably won't even have to pay.
Speaker 1: For my life here from Miller, I love them good, see.
Speaker 2: Sir, run a lot shait, buddy, come on.
Speaker 1: Oh amost like beer from Miller everything you always wanted in a beer and left.
Speaker 4: He must there.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how much better audio has gotten since the nineteen eighties. True, right, but Bob Yucker, by the way, was on the Johnny Carson Show over one hundred times.
Speaker 3: Oh really, over one hundred times.
Speaker 1: He was on. He was really known, he was and he was a mediocre at best baseball player. He played in the big leagues from nineteen sixty tow to nineteen sixty seven. He won a World Series with the Cardinals. Yeah, so he has a World Series ring. But he knew he was on the lower end of the bell curve in baseball, so he made fun of it all the time.
Speaker 2: Right, that's his humors what projected him to start him like, that's what got him.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite bits of his was he did it at the Hall of Fames when he got inducted into the Hall of Fame, and he says, he goes, you know, my dad, he was a good guy. He really wanted the best from us, from all of us. He'd do anything for us kids. And in one year he got us a football, and you know, he worked hard from it. He was from the old country, he had never played football, but wants to be American kid. So he got us football. And we went out in the front yard and couldn't really throw it very good, and we couldn't kick it very good either. Thank god, our neighbor came over and put some put some air into it.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: Really a funny guy. Spent more than fifty years behind the microphone as the play by play guy for the Milwaukee Brewers. You may remember him from all three of the Major League movies, where his very famous line that every guy that ever attends a baseball game always says that just a bit outside yep.
Speaker 2: And they loved him so much in Milwaukee that in the stadium, the Brewers Stadium, there's not one, but two statues of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, one way up in the nosebleeds.
Speaker 3: Way up in the nosebleeds section. Yeah, and then went out front.
Speaker 1: He was also in the sitcom Mister Belvidere.
Speaker 2: I watched that a long time ago. I don't necessarily remember him.
Speaker 1: I don't I remember the show, not much of it. Yeah, but he made a nice transition from baseball to broadcasting to comedy to television to movies. That's a pretty good career. Yeah, rip to the yuke stay with us, more coming up, Tricia. Should we shout out our air gongers? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: These are the people that texted us at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred that say they do the air gong with us, which is the gong at the end of our care Don't Care song. You raise up a hand, you pretend you're hitting a gong, and we were like, hey, if you're gonging with us, let us know. Sonia is the OgH number one gone number one gonger. And then there's Felix, who now wants to go by King Kong the Mexican gong. Oh, so all right, Felix Christy and then April Jacob Courtney's number six, Travis's number seven, Gins number eight, Don nine, Pam is number ten, Steve is number eleven, and Nina is number twelve. If you would like your number, will be happy to give it to you. All you have to do is text gong two seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Carring.
Speaker 4: I'm not care not carrying carriage, carrying carring.
Speaker 1: It's a very exclusive club, it is.
Speaker 3: I mean not anybody can be in it.
Speaker 2: I mean I guess anybody who texts us can be in it.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's still good though, feels good to air.
Speaker 1: Gone hit us up seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred, which gout?
Speaker 2: All right, Sandy, care or don't care? To find out what progresso soup is selling that?
Speaker 3: They said, Really it's just comfortable. It's the first thing you want when you're sick. I'm gonna let you know. And now it's really gross.
Speaker 1: I always liked progresso soup. Yeah, yeah, it's all care.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: They're selling cough drops that taste like chicken noodle soup, and actually there's nobody at all in them, so they're really just chicken noodle soup flavored candy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like that sounds disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that does sound kind of girls.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's like putting it like a chicken booleon cube in your mouth and sucking on it.
Speaker 1: Oh I did? Do you remember there were candies that were wrapped in foil that looked just like chicken buyon cubes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're chunkys or something caramels.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but I ate what a bouleon cube. Once when I was a cab thought it was a candy.
Speaker 3: It's not good, not real bright.
Speaker 2: Oh so chicken noodle soup cough drops. No, thank you, No, absolutely not sandy. Do you care or don't care to find out what the most deadliest animal on the planet is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet it's something really small.
Speaker 3: Oh it is?
Speaker 1: I bet it's something tiny that What is it?
Speaker 3: It's a mosquito.
Speaker 2: A mosquito aia kills nearly a million people per year by spreading malaria and other diseases.
Speaker 3: A mosquito will kill.
Speaker 1: You, sure will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those little tiny things.
Speaker 1: Shaq was big on helping the malaria cause for a while. Buzzy, Yeah, he's doing some good work with mosquito nets. Is really the most important thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true for people.
Speaker 1: In those parts of the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: Finally, Sandy, care or don't care to find out what the number one restaurant chain in America is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I would guess McDonald's. But that's not correct.
Speaker 2: That is incorrect. Here's what I'm gonna I'm gonna sweeten the pot even more. The runner up, the number two, number one restaurant chain in America is Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
Speaker 1: Oh, so we're going beyond fast food? What is it?
Speaker 3: It's nothing bunt cakes?
Speaker 2: Really, yes, nothing bunt cakes, which, don't get me wrong, I love them. I definitely think they should be handsomely. But they're the number one restaurant chain in America. Do you think of nothing bunt cankes as a restaurant.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's a bag either.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's a little bit of a violation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I crumbled cookie all over the place too.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But Ruth's Chris getting knocked out by by nothing but cakes.
Speaker 3: I think I would be lodging a complaint.
Speaker 1: I continue my boycott of Ruth's Chris.
Speaker 3: Uh oh oh. I forgot you're mad at him? Why I forgot back?
Speaker 1: And the PPP money thing, and they took all that.
Speaker 3: Oh you're right, yeah, that was definitely not cool.
Speaker 1: That three things.
Speaker 3: That's three thanks, all right?
Speaker 1: That is care, don't care. This is the Sandy Show, all right. Parents out there, don't look for something that you're not that you don't want to.
Speaker 3: Find, right, right, is a perfect example.
Speaker 1: Right, well, this isn't too bad. I could go a lot worse in a thirteen year old boy's room. But the parents of a thirteen year old boy found his bucket list. They posted it online and it's got gone kind of viral. It's pretty funny think about a thirteen year older You know, I've always told our daughter that boys between the age of thirteen and twenty two are the dumbest creature.
Speaker 3: On They can, they can, they have tended.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry boys, if you're listening out there and you're like fourteen, fifteen years old, and I just said that, I know it stings. But when you get to be a little bit older, you're gonna go. You know what, that guy was right, dude, was right, that guy, bald guy on the radio. Yep, he was absolutely right, and every mom and dad out there are shaking their head.
Speaker 3: Yep, Noddy, they are.
Speaker 1: Here are some of the things on this dude's list. Let's just kind of both do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: He wants to get a full taxidermy alligator.
Speaker 3: Full sized, nice tormy alligator. Yeah, I guess keep in his room.
Speaker 1: I hang it from his ceiling. I don't know what on the wall. I don't know what he wants to.
Speaker 2: That totally tracks. Yeah, that totally tracked. Sure, he wants to discover a new species.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wants to eat an octopus.
Speaker 1: That's easy.
Speaker 3: Go, Yeah he can do that. That's pretty simple.
Speaker 1: You go to a sushi joint. I like this one. I don't know where this kid's from, but I don't think he's American. All right, okay, befriend a bit to wrong? B I NT you are? O? N G. That's a bear cat. If you didn't know, he wants to be friends with a bear cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's super super thirteen year old dude. Get a cool jeep. Oh yeah, man, I wanted a jeep so bad though.
Speaker 3: I think it's boys and.
Speaker 1: Girls and you know what, dude, that's gonna stay with you til you're about thirty. Yeah, and then you're gonna like, why did I ever have a heat? Why I have a teat? He wants to have a YouTube channel. Who doesn't, Right, how about prove the existence of goblins?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That made me laugh out loud. He clearly is a Harry Potter lover because he wants to meet JK.
Speaker 3: Rowling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he also wants to become the world's leading expert on Red Wall the fantasy books. Again, if you're just joining us, parents found a thirteen year old boy's bucket list, and these are the things that are on it. What else do you have?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: He wants to go snorkeling with a shark. I think that's random. Help make a movie. All kids want to do that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeap?
Speaker 3: I want to do that now I know I would like to do that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: This one made me laugh. He wants to meet an alien.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, become a millionaire and number twenty on his list best one beat up someone he wants to beat someone up?
Speaker 3: Oh God, such a dude list.
Speaker 1: Nothing on there about girls, right, nothing.
Speaker 3: Not a single thing. So do you feel like your yearl just would be drastically would have said.
Speaker 1: Meet Patty McGuire, the Playboy Playmate of the Year when I was thirty. Yeah, in the red shower. Yeah, that's what I want to see. I mean, it would have been a lot. They would have been worried about me.
Speaker 2: Your this, your list would not have gotten published. I have said it since I've met you.
Speaker 3: You were dirty at such a young age.
Speaker 2: Are all boys like that? And if so, oh my god, thank God God gave us a daughter.
Speaker 1: Umm, yeah, I think they are really so. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think this one is this kid's thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does have one single thing on here about a boob. Now to see a boob, that's.
Speaker 3: Maybe That was number twenty one and his mom was like, he's going to dig this one up.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, We have more coming up. A stay with us on this, folks. You'll definitely have an opinion about it. Tricia will too, and I certainly will. But there was a nineteenth century Greek Orthodox monk. His name was Mahalio Tolotus, who died at eighty two years old without ever seeing a woman. He lived all eighty two years of his life in the Mount Athos monastery, where women were forbidden. He never left at all. He went his entire life yea, without ever seeing a woman.
Speaker 3: Mother died shortly after he was born, right.
Speaker 1: And turning him over to the monks. Yes, now, I can really see an upside to this, and I can really see a downside. But the upside is he never knew it. He is missing. He never saw a woman in pretty women are? And how good they smell? And how did they feel? He did he didn't know see what I'm see where I'm going with, I see what you're saying. Right.
Speaker 2: I do not think that he just was like, oh, okay, we'll have to worry about that.
Speaker 3: Because he did not. I think, go ahead, Are you gonna say something else?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I go ahead.
Speaker 2: I think that he lived there, mister monk Mahalo, and he was like, I love it living here.
Speaker 3: The monaster is beautiful. I love the Lord. I love my brothers. But there's something missing. What I yearn for?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 3: Why something's just not right? Well, I think it's so instinctive and in.
Speaker 2: The human male that I just think. I just think that he was. His life was riddled with what am I missing?
Speaker 1: But look at the upside. A huge upside to this of never seeing a woman, and that means he never heard one. That means he never talked to one. It also means he never learned all the things he was doing wrong because he.
Speaker 2: Was surrounded by brothers and they were all doing it wrong together.
Speaker 1: Right, he would never had to listen to a woman tell him that he was eating too loudly.
Speaker 3: Chewing too loudly, yeah, breathing too.
Speaker 1: Heavily, yeah, breathing too heavily. Yeah, just never driving. He didn't drive, I'm guessing, just all the things that women tell guys.
Speaker 3: And his monk robe on the floor, yeah, next to the dirty clothes.
Speaker 1: Basket, was bathing incorrectly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that he wasn't cleaning the sink out after he shaved.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a pretty blissful life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you this, Sandy, all of that, all of the annoyances, I mean, really, you would rather have the peace of not being annoyed on about those items versus what.
Speaker 3: You know you could have had he could have had instead, Right, Well, he didn't know that, I know what I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: You know, it was It would be totally different if he spent a year with a woman and then never saw saw and they came back. Yeah if he had a rum spring, Yeah, and then had to go back to the monastery with the fellas. No fella, no, like brother Bendick Man, you got to hear about this, you know, I had.
Speaker 2: It's like the North Korean soldiers that were sent to the Russian lines to help fight and they discovered porn on the internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they wouldn't fight. They fight because.
Speaker 2: They were too mesmerized by it. Yeah, because they never knew what it was. There's no way they can go back to North Korea now and just go back like it was.
Speaker 1: No, they get back there will believe it.
Speaker 2: I still think, even though it was never exposed, I still think just because of the way the way that the instinct is the body, the body with the body was and he didn't know what he wanted, but he knew Heyonet was something.
Speaker 1: Yeah something. Yeah, what a weird life. I know, he's so strange.
Speaker 2: Never even see one in real life, I mean, but I mean he had to write about it in the Bible, right.
Speaker 1: Oh, sure he knew they existed.
Speaker 3: Sure there's some drawings and stuff. I don't know, some statues.
Speaker 1: I'm betting there's one monk in there that was bringing in contraband. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He's smuggling to get hit by lightning.
Speaker 1: You stopping here smuggling tablets with dirty pictures on his drawing stuff. Oh, I don't know. That's a great conversation to have though. Oh God, you never saw.
Speaker 3: A woman ever in real life ever?
Speaker 1: Right, It's crazy.
Speaker 3: That is crazy.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the podcast. We'll see you on the radio every morning from six until ten on Austin's eighty station what O three point one, streaming on the iHeartRadio app. You can also ask your smart speaker to play us. Just say Alexa, play what O three point one Austin's eighty station on iHeartRadio