Speaker 1: If Michael Garfi Michael Garfield, Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 2: In the high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans to take life EASIERO system technology, and Michael garfil has something you might want.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeart Radio added now your high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 3: Was the weakly before Christmas and all across the airwaves, not a creature was stirring. Oh my, what an outrage. You should be listening to the high Tech Texans because if you haven't bought gifts, you will be sweating. My name is Michael and thanks for tuning in. We've got a pack show, so start calling in on Samsung, on Jeep, on Asis we go. So buckle up, my friends and let's start this big show. And with that we do kick off one of the last few high tech texting shows of the year, the final show before Christmas and the first day of Hanukkah that starts this week. I am here for you. Hey, listen an interactive show. If you're just tuning in for the first time, we don't take ourselves seriously, But dang it if I don't give you some darn good information, last many gift ideas and a number of things, it's we'd love to hear from you. Listen, my friends. We're in Houston, We're in San Antonio. We're in Dallas. Shout out to KPRC nine fifty news Radio, twelve hundred WOAI and the Mighty Mighty eleven ninety in Dallas. I hope all is well. I'll start off with the phone, because that's what we do. Three four six, twenty nine hexan. Butt your glasses on and you look at those little letters underneath your numbers on the phone. If you've got questions about anything, yes, I do technology. If you want a laptop, if you want a phone, if you want a high definition TV, good time to buy. But if you want a car, I got some information about that. Probably one of, if not the best time of the year to buy cars. And I do has drive well over sixty plus cars a year, trucks, SUVs, evs. I am your guy. If you want a little travel, if you want a little cocktail, spirits and bourbon. What else can I do for you? Maybe I don't know a lot, but I know a little about a lot if that actually makes sense. Three four six two nine t e x A M My man, Callum Reid. He is manning the phones. He's on the other side of the glass as we do this show this weekend, and we appreciate you hanging around. Hey today on the show, Uh, we're gonna tell you how to switch to encrypted messaging. For some reason, you're scared with the FEDS. You're telling you, hey man, if you're trying to send text between androids and iPhones and iPhones and androids, I'm gonna tell you how to switch to encrypted messaging to last minute gifts you can send immediately. Since we're just a few hours away from the big Hanakah Harry arrival and also sat Nick he's gonna be coming down the chimney two. We've got a number of countdowns with the top Google searches and things, but we gotta start with this. I have to start with this, the biggest question I have received this week. Anybody any guesses? Callum? As I look at you through the glass, any get biggest question of the week. Now, you're probably thinking, Hey, Michael Man, I've got my I got my parents, I got a shop for which should I get them? Or Listen? My kid really wants this phone, and I want something economical like you would think. It's a technology, maybe a car, maybe a consumer question the biggest question of the Michael, what is up with these drones? What is going on with these drones? Are we being invaded? Freak it up? If you follow the news. Apparently New Jersey is getting just invaded by drones. But then again, it's New Jersey. Do we care? Do we care here in Texas so much? See here in Texas we actually launch powerful rockets now to space. No longer do we launch them out of Florida. No, No, we launch rockets here out of our grain stead of Texas. Apparently drones now are infiltrating. We're going I'm gonna I'm gonna throw with this. I'm gonna ask you, my dear listeners, what do you think these drones are? Three four six twenty nine hex it call me if you've get up busy signal, keep trying. If you get a voicemail, leave a message. I will. You'll hear the voicemails. You know, we do have the right to replay your your voice on the air. What do you think is going up with these drones. I've been reading a lot of stories. It's not that I am not a conspiracy theory type of dude, But it could be a lot of the I mean, it could be our own government testing some anti military whatever. It could be the invasion like one of my favorite movies of all time from like back in the nineties, Independence Day. They could be launched from a mothership that are all synchronized at at a certain time to go off and do harm. I really don't think that's it to me. It could be the NFL. Listen, they've infiltrated every aspect of our lives. It could be just a good promotion that all of a sudden, these drones are gonna, you know, start forming, you know, a live score of what's going on with the cowboys in the Houston Texans gamp. I just I don't have an actually idea, but I bet you do. Three four six twenty nine Texans. I'd love to hear from you. We have a few giveaways here, by the way, if you are listening live right now in Houston area, we're actually doing a feat. We're doing something that I don't know if has ever been tempted before. We're on KPRC nine to fifty am Saturday, eleven am to one pm. Now, if you're listening in San Antonio in Dallas, we're gonna repeat this thing. And well, we're still here. We've got the phones working and everything. But we're part of iHeartRadio Network. Our sister station in Houston is News Radio seven ktr H, which is the big blowtorch here. I am attempting to do something that has never been done before. I am competing against myself while you're listening to me right now live on the High Tech Textan Show on nine to fifty am. I am currently on our sister station seven forty am filling in as host for the Car Pro Show because Jerry Reynolds, who is the normal host of the Car Pro Show, is not in. They asked me to do it because I also review cars that I know a little or two or things or ten things about new cars. So I am actually competing. So if you want to like be freaky geeky and kind of like, you know, be spellbound, you should actually see what's going on here at where I'm sitting in the studio. I'm going back and forth between each studio. I'll just let you think I'm doing this. I'm going back and forth between each studio, between each commercial break, hosting two different shows simultaneously. People. This is one of the positives of being ADHD. It is. I wear it with a badge. It is. It's something it's that I can control with my little medication. But I'm all good, I am caffeinated up, and I'm co hosting two shows simultaneously. So if you want car information, I'm still going to give it to you here. There is some car news every week. I do get the test drive some cars I've been driving a really interesting view. Don't sleep on a Buick, people, It's a relatively inexpensive car. Buick has done well. I got some news about EV's GM is partnering up the company that allegedly is going to make our the EV charging batteries, you know, charging infrastructure a lot better in the United States, which is something much needed. I am your guy, so buckle up. When we come back, I am going to tell you number one. I got a question over here about when you're online and shopping and you share a computer at home or maybe yeah, probably at home with maybe your spouse, maybe your kids. Odds are you're going to start getting advertisements of what you've been searching and shopping for. How do you hide those? One of the many things that I am going to guide you through because Santa Garfield is here for you. Three four six two nine textan buckle up, Happy holidays. We're having a lot of fun. Minial you right back out this oh the high tech thats Shop. This is the I Sex Show. Do not turn the channel if you think I'm gonna afford you with all this technology, mumbo jumbo, meg megabytes and gigabytes and eight you know, all the Wi Fi s No, no, man, It's it's a consumer product show. I'm more than happy to guide you through. Hey, listen, I want to bring a bottle of bourbon to this last minute holiday party. What you got? I am a you know one of the things I am a I am a brown water of ficionado. I talk about spirits, I talk about sports. We got a big college weekend. We got the Longhorns, we got the Cowboys, the Texans. Actual Saturday afternoon in NFL football, the the here's a little trivia question for it. Did you know that it is it's a law. It literally is a law that NFL games cannot be played on Friday nights in all of Saturdays from the second week of September through the second week of December. Now that we are past the second week of December, Saturday NFL games could be played. And it goes back to nineteen sixty one. I want you to look it up. See I don't listen. I have a BS degree really doesn't stand for bachelor or science. But I want you to believe me on this one. Okay, it is absolutely true. This is why now NFL games are on Saturday afternoons right now, and they're gonna be there for a while. But it's it's really it was to protect and back in nineteen sixty one college and high school games, and so that's the way they get around it. So whatever your favorite team is, and I know we have a lot of Dallas listeners, We've got Houston listeners. San Antonio, I want to hear from san Antonio. By the way you are you are you a Cowboy fan, a Texans fan, maybe a Saints fan or anything else and a totally growing up in Texans. And it seems like San Antonio is a cowboy city. I don't know why. It's maybe because out of the Oilers left back of the day and there was no Houston team for a while, and it took a while for the texanstead ofally to gain traction. But it seems to me Dallas with the San Antonio city. But San Antonio, I love your Alamodome. You got the Alamo Bowl. I know you wanted it an NFL team back in the day, which is why you built the Alamo Dome. And so it's a big city. Man, it's like the ninth most populous city in the in the country. Let's let's get an NFL team in San Antonio. What would the San Antonio NFL team name be? Again? Another question? So I can hear from you. Three four six twenty nine Texan three four six two nine t e x A N. My name is Michael Garfield. It is called the High Tech Texan Show. However, right now, you guys do actually email me too. If you want to send me an email, you can to my website, which is high Tech Textan. You spell the whole thing out hig agent and then you can find my website. Michael my email Michael at high Tech Texan dot com and then you can send me an email like this. You've got mail, all right? This is from Jonah. Jonah actually is in Bernie, Texas. A new listener listening on WOAI twelve hundred. Appreciate that, Dear Michael, just picked up your show. It sounds good. Love your energy. But I got a question about this. My wife and I share the same computer at home. It's a desktop computer, and so I wanted to go online shopping. How every time I start searching for things, I get advertisements that are served up on Facebook and everywhere else, so she could see what I've been looking for so so much for my surprise. Is there a way to hide everything that I search for so she has no clue of what I'm looking for to get her for the holidays. That's from John. A very good question. I like that, and it's actually a very good point. Do you ever wonder why when you search for something, or even when you talk about a subject and you think you probably are right, that your phone is listening, and all of a sudden you get advertisements that pop up on Facebook, on Twitter, on your websites. Wait a minute, that's uncanny. I was just talking about that. How is there an ad being popped up? Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to the world of the digital age. When you search for something, there's little tiny cookies for lack of a better term, which is technically what they're called, that know what we're searching for. Don't think Amazon is not a multi billion billion dollar company by just hey, thanks, we'll take your order and we'll leave it at that. They know what you're searching for, they know what you're shopping for, and they're going to give you some suggestions of pretty much almost the same thing, the same category or a competing you know, you know, a type of product. That's how the advertising works. They're very smart, I say they, But that's that's what they're Maybe it's the drones that we're smart. I don't know, but it's a very good question. If you use the same computer and you say browser, and somebody is shopping or searching from searching for something on that computer, the next time anybody else gets on the same computer, you're probably gonna get some ads that are popping up. So if you're searching for jewelry something, you know what's gonna happen. Oh my goodness, how come I'm seeing all these watches, I'm seeing all these ear rings. It used to be so much easier to hide presents because you could stash those behind doors and the back of a closet and hiding in suitcases or whatever. But online shopping is where we are right now, and it's very convenient, but also can spoil the surprise by accident. It's a digital footprint. It's a digital footprint that we leave when browsing items online, and it follows us across the Internet, showing up as ads in browsers or maybe on our social media fees. But breaking news, I am here to tell you there are some ways to hide these digital footprints and keep your gift a surprise. Let's start with this Number one. You need to use incognito mode or private browsing, So follow me here. If you use something like that, it's a way from whatever you search for that does not follow you around the Internet, because these browsers are designed to not track things, including all the websites that you visit. And since it's not tracking whatever you're visiting, it won't actually advertise the sweater, the tennis years, whatever you bought for your partner, for your kids, or whatever, and you don't need to download anything to use it because it's a feature in the browser that you're probably already using. For example, if you use the Chrome browser, go check out incognito mode. You open your Chrome browser, you go open the navigation bar, and you look for the word file. Okay, pull down the file menu, and right there it's gonna say new incognito window. And then you use the browser as you normally would. If you use Safari. For all you mackers out there, open Safari, click the file button and you'll see something that says new private window. Oh, use the browser like you normally would. There you go do things like that, and then Jonan, I appreciate that email. What you need to do at that point, you could just shop all you one. By the way, if you want something from me, my favorite color is purple or boord orange. I'm a medium and just send it here courtesy the High Tech text that I'm here for you. Any questions you want, Michael at hi Tech Textan dot com give me a call right now three four six twenty nine Textan got a call over here. I see on the callboard. Wanted to know, so, uh, we'll get to this after the break, Michael, my kids are worried. Is TikTok really getting banned? Oh there is a deadline. I see something in January. Maybe the reason I never got on TikTok probably the only social media I'm not on. I will tell you what the delio as much as we know right now. If TikTok is going to be banned within the next few weeks, stand by it is the high tech piction.
Speaker 4: Sure playing holiday music. There's anybody now tell them you're in charge of this stuff?
Speaker 3: Would go we can't license it because we're too cheap of a radio station. Is that what it is? What happens if I sing? If I if I start singing fa la la la la, am I gonna get fined by our bosses? Or is you know it? I mean it's not the FCC just I don't know. We need to figure this out, man. It's all about music, baby. Come on the time of year, you know, I gotta tell you this. This This may be the year I have heard the Mariah Carey song as least amount I've ever heard it. I may have heard that all I Want for Christmas, Wie. And we're just a few days before Christmas and I haven't seen love actually either. What is up?
Speaker 1: This is?
Speaker 3: This is just an odd season. I do not know what's going on. Michael Garfield. This is the high Tech Textan Show. I hope everybody is doing well wherever you are listening terrestrially, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas. If you're listening to us on iHeartRadio, we do thank you for not only downloading, but upgrading and updating your app. iHeartRadio, by the way, just upgraded it's app. Not that it was wrong, but there's always improvements. Some really neat features. By the way, let me go ahead and tell you it was a big refresh. It's got some neat features that bring the best of live radio to your phone. First thing you'll know you're on the new iHeartRadio app if the first thing you see at the top are free sets. I guess what the smart folks at iHeartRadio did. They said, let's see if we can mimic what the car radio used to. Well, still looks like there's preset channels you could save up the fifteen favorites at the top of your screen, and number one you need to add the high Tech Textan show. You need to add KPRC nine fifty am. You need to add WAI twelve hundred, and you need to add KFXR the Mighty eleven ninety in Dallas. So go ahead and just put all those on there. That's a little tip for me to you. There's a scan button. Remember the old school car radio. There's a feature on that that you scan through live stations to see what's playing. That's pretty cool. There's a live radio dial. It shows nearby radio stations based on your location wherever you open the app, which is pretty cool. It's nice for discovering new stations when you're traveling. Whatever I see here, it's got what's trending, what's new and hot across stations, and playlist and this is nice. It's got a lyrics button right now so you could sing along with live radio. Lyrics are now displayed for a lot of the songs, because the worst is is you start like mouthing like you think you know the lyrics, but you're singing the wrong lyrics. All that on the big update of the iHeartRadio app. How about that pretty cool stuff. I'll give you the phone number here. We got questions if you have a last minute holiday questions Michael, I need to get this, or what's my favorite bourbon? Or why were you? I saw you on social media? What in the world were you doing on a cruise? I am here for you three four, six, twenty nine text and I this past weekend, I was on a cruise. When was calum You ever taken a c You ever been on a cruise? This was maybe my fifth or sixth cruise all time. I like cruises. They're kind of fun. We took one cruise way back in the day when my kids were younger. They're they're in they're all twenties right now. And I'll say that, and this is not an advertisement. I'm not even gonna tell you which cruise line. It doesn't matter because I'm just just generally own for pound. When you have a family, I think cruises are the most efficient. And I'm not gonna say cost saving, but easiest way to travel and it can save you a ton of money. And I say this from a dad who flew his family out somewhere every summer growing up, and we usually went to California. We usually went to southern California, so we would buy you know, five tickets. You know me, Mom, three kids. We would rent a house at a beach, go shopping groceries. Then we evidably we would end up eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner. One kid wants this, one kid wants this, the other kid wants this. It was just it adds up. You go on a cruise, man, mom and dad can do one thing and you could just kiss your kids, could buy They're gone. Depending on what age they are, they can eat almost twenty four to seven. They got the freaking chicken nuggets, they get the Macardi and cheese, they get the buffets, they got a kid's area, they got whatever, and you pay and it's like pretty much almost all included. Cruises are fun. When I went to we went to the Bahamas. This was this was a business cruise, by the way, Seriously, was went a cruise food to Miami, went to the Bahamas. Whather wasn't that eight by the way, But this was like one of the largest ships I've ever been on. It's like seventeen levels, had a shopping mall, had an ice skating rink. I can't make this stuff up. Had a zip line, It had a one of these surfboard things where you can get our surfboard and it creates waves to pretend like you're surfing. Had like the Central Park. It at the park you can walk through on a ship. It was. It was amazing. A lot of cocktails too. It was very fun. So theway, just just give you an idea of what to do. I'm not the I mean, I'm not the I'm not the biggest sailor top Dilligan type of guy. But I thought that was pretty fun. So anyway, if you follow me on social media, and I do, thank you for following me. It's a high tech text and big Instagram guy. By the way, h I G h T E c h T E x A N. You can see some shots from the ship. You actually can see some of the new products I've been testing out. I got new phones, I've got new got some new swag, I got some new jackets and some new athletic type of where which I like. You know, it's just a day in the life of Garf. That that is what we hear for. I did promise you a question of her. I did see somebody on the phone, Hey Michael, is it really true that TikTok maybe getting banned? My kids are freaking out. What is going on with this? All right, let let's let's address this subject. It's the elephant in the rooms, the elephant in the country right now in the United States at least. Is TikTok really getting banned in the United States. So I'm going to tell you what we know after a court denied a petition. Now, I do not delve into politics. Obviously this is a political issue, so I will touch on it with facts, no opinion. A federal appeals court denied TikTok petition for the Supreme Court to pause and review legislation that could ban the app in the United States. It was that the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. They denied a motion that was filed by TikTok and really it's Chinese parent company called Byte Dance, temporarily pause legislation that would ban it in the United States if byt Dance does not sell it before January nineteenth of next year. So we are less than a month away. So TikTok and byt Dance they filed their emergency injunctions. They asked the Supreme Court to reviewal legislation, and TikTok says they're planning to take this case the Supreme Court, which has an established and quoting this which has an established historical record of protecting Americans' right to free speech unquote, is it getting banned well? The current President Biden signed this past spring, the protection the Protecting Americans from Foreign Adversary Controlled Applications Act. Say that ten times fat is that even an acronym pafac aaka PAWFACA, I don't know. Protecting Americans from Foreign Adversary Controlled Applications Act. Biden signed this last sprank, and it's going to make TikTok illegal for distribution in the US if byte Dance cannot sell it by January nineteenth. At that point, the app is going to be illegal for distribution through app stores like your Apple App Store, your Google Play, and internet service providers. They're also going to be required to make the app inaccessible on US internet browsers, So users who have TikTok downloaded on their devices they'd still be able to use the app, but banning TikTok from app stores would prohibit future software updates. But if ByteDance does sell TikTok before January nineteenth, the app will remain available in the US. Does that make sense? And you're probably asking why could it be banned? Well, many government officials they've seen TikTok as a national security threat for many years. Actually, they're worried that byte Dance, which is based in Beijing, has access to American data and they're sharing it with Chinese government surveillance. Whether it's true, whether it's not, whatever, But that's what a lot of people think. When Trump was in office back in twenty nineteen, he issued a national emergency saying that foreign adversaries were exploiting vulnerabilities at information and communication technology services, and then Biden in twenty twenty one issued a new executive order so that byt dance continues to threaten the national security foreign policy. Listen, that's above my pay grade. But bottom line, if you don't know TikTok, TikTok, it's a social media application and it's pretty well known for its very quick short form videos. People users they can create, they can post, they can interact with videos in the app. It's very popular for scrolling through algorithms and allows users to post videos maybe between three to ten three seconds ten minutes long. Cool filters and whatever is it going to be uproar. Yes, there are a lot of people who make a lot of money on TikTok. There are a lot of people now who make their living by making YouTube videos, making Instagram and videos, and making TikTok videos. It is a major revenue source. Does that matter? Apparently not to the government. Again, according to them, I don't know. I will keep you up to this minute by minute. At the end of the day, if I was a betting man, I don't think TikTok is going to be banned either. Byte Dance is going to sell it. They'll create another holding company. The US will say, yeah, maybe we'll wait and see a little bit more. Just my guess doesn't matter to me. I don't use TikTok, never have. Just another social media platform that's just a little too much for me. I've already got enough. Which I tell you to follow me on High Tech Texan when it comes to x and Blue Sky and also Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook. I'm also on there too. Coming back finally, a few minutes of this hour three four six twenty nine, text about I answer your questions. It's Michael Garfield. It's called the High Tech text and show Michael Garfield if we'd tight, you can call me Garth. Don't call me Mike. I know we're in Dallas right now. We're hurt on Dallas on the Mighty abouty eleven ninety and I'm from Dallas and I went to high school in Dallas. Shout out to W. T. White High School. I was known as Mike Mike Garfield in Dallas. I've matured since then. It's Michael. But we can also Garf, not Garth with a thh no Garth, the first four letters of Garfield. That's the name. I will give you the phone number if you want to get in an interactive show the last weekend before the Christmas and Christmas Day, Christmas Night Hanakah starts all in the same night. It is three four, six, twenty nine texts and I'd love to talk to you if you've got questions on what to buy, what not to buy, or need some last minute gifts ideas. I opened the show with the fact that a lot of people are asking me of these drones. Man, what's up with these drones? I don't know, I can't I'm still I'm asking you to call the phone number. Go to my high tech text and x er my blue Scott, tell me what you think of these drones are floating around New Jersey. But there's another thing. Have you ever, if you've been online, have you seen people try to attempt to take photos of these New Jersey drones? And you're probably asking yourself, why are they such horrible photos? Why are they so bad? And I actually could probably tell you about that versus what these drones are. If you take your cell phone out your phone cameras and try to take a picture the middle at nighttime and you've got this green and red flashing thing buzzing by, you can probably figure out it ain't gonna be the greatest picture. Phone cameras are incredible. They are little, these little machines. They could do so much with their little tiny lenses and sensors anything you want. But even as smart as they are, they have their limits, including one that's very particular right now. It's these drones that are hovering in the middle of the night. You ever try to take pictures of fireworks, It's not the easiest thing to do because it's night. The shutter needs to be opened a little bit more odds are you're holding the thing. Odds are you're not gonna be totally still. What you need to have a very still camera. It's just tough. So you're trying to do it and it's just not working. If for some reason you really want to try to get a picture with like a drone, try to get a better camera, like a real camera, And I say, what a real camera is? Yes, I know where phones have real cameras, but let's go back to the old days where you have like an SLR where which is now a d SLR, which is the digital single lens reflex. You know the Nikons or you know the Minoltas, or or these things with the lenses that have a high shutter speed that has you know, you know telephoto or you know, zoom lenses or white angle lenses. It's really just tough getting these things because every photo that I've seen, and I haven't seen a ton, really I'm not following the story that too much, but it's just what's up with that. It's very very It's it's tough to do it at night. Camera phones are getting smarter. As a matter of fact, I'm playing with I am a sworn to secrecy. I've signed an embargo of a phone I've been playing with for about a week. Right now, I can't talk about it for another few weeks. But this camera, it's pretty strong. Is it as good as a digital single lens reflex camera? No, But for a phone that is built on a camera, it's phenomenal. And as you could probably guess, it's not an iPhone it is. It is a type of Android phone, because android phones, in my opinion, and since this is my show and I try to base things, in fact, the android cameras are so much more advanced than the iPhone cameras. Suck it up. Sorry about that, you want to yell at me. Three four six twenty nine, Texan, I can't tell you that. By the way, speaking of early January, when I could talk about this thing, I will be hopefully fingers crossed in Las Vegas. I will be my twenty third year at CES, the Consumer Electronics Show. I will be broadcasting and recording and podcasting and shooting TV from the Las Vegas Convention Center show floor. There's a stop. There's a little studio being built to me, built for me, and I'm gonna have a guest. I will give you the insight. So this is this is the show to tune into when if you want all the information about you know, the text and the the tech of the cat, the gadgets and things like this and the other the other fun thing. It's you know, I've got my schedule is filling out. I'll be there Sunday through Thursday, the first full week in January. I mean, I've got meetings set up, I've got press conferences, I've got all these things. And I always go out there with like one or two empty suitcases because companies will give me products, demo stuff for me to either aus or b giveaway on my radio show or on my social media hand hint. See I'm winking right now, but you can't tell because it's actually radio. Another reason for you to keep tuning into me, and another reason for you to follow me on social media high tech text and hi g H T E H T E X A N and don't laugh, man. We used to give away everything a radio, but now we actually do a lot on social media. So you follow me, and I mean, I'm coming back on with some neat stuff. A lot of kitchen gadgets, there are some, there are a few phone there's not a lot of phones themselves, a lot of televisions. You ever try to you ever try to get a telephone, You ever a television, and you carry on on Southwest airlines. Not the easiest thing to do. But I'm a less preferred, and hopefully I'm this close to a lists preferred on Southwest Airlines. When the clock strikes zero zero on January first, I'll get it again. Because if I'm a less preferred, I can pretty much fly the plane, I think, and I can bring like five televisions back from a CES. So stay tuned over there three four six twenty nine T e X A N. I also review people and used to. They're emailing me right now, Michael, how is it possible you're moving between seven forty am talking that you're hosting the car pro Show, which has heard around the country, by the way, but you're also doing the high Tech texting show. I'm not ambidextrous, but it's amazing when you broadcast from a studio that's got many different studios. That's what we do here at iHeart, so back and forth we're doing it. So I actually am going to talk about cars next hour here on this particular show. If you stay tuned. I am going to give you some car car news. Every week I do get to test drive a car. I am not going to promote or tell you about a dealership. I don't work with dealerships, which means I can rag on all the vehicles I don't like, and I can tell you the good thing. This is not a paid sponsorship. I'm gonna give you the real stuff. I have been rolling around in a brand new Guick twenty twenty five Encore. I test out some nice things about it. There's some things that I would improve. I will tell you about that next hour. Also, for those of you ED fans, you're thinking about getting an EV maybe I'm gonna give you some news about maybe America. Maybe our country is trying to get in get things in order by having more charging stations. Because to me, that's that's a big hold up that's keeping me and a lot of people from buying evs. It's just I need a charge if I want to drive between my flagship stations in each of my cities of San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas, the Big Triangle, the Southwest Airlines Triangle. If you will, I'd like gas cars because I just I'm gonna pull off the highway. I want gas up and I want to go. But if there's going to do you have some news about a big, big company who makes cars partnering up with a big charging company that hopefully is going to make charging stations. You pick with us, and that's exactly what can you mean? One hour down, one hour to go left with the high pay Coaction Show. Michael Garfiet is my name. Happy weekend before the big holiday they do. We're gonna be like that.
Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfi. Michael Garfield. Michael Garfield's joining in the high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is here with a.
Speaker 3: High Tech Texans.
Speaker 2: It has to make life easier system technology, So Michael Garfia has something you might like.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio add Now you're high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 3: We are happy to the high Tech Show. As I say, half way a half hour, no matter when you're listening to us. You know it's a weekend, so we'd like to think it's happy hour. Just be responsible people and keep listening right here less than an hour to go. In this weekend's edition, the final week ind before Christmas, right here on your favorite radio station. Trust really in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and across the world, well most of the world. I don't think China lets us in on the iHeartRadio app, but you could listen to us. Love to have you a ask me some questions if you want some last minute holiday gifts. Had a full fun hour and threw out a few tips. But my tip line three four six twenty nine textan that's how you're gonna get to me three four six two nine e x A N. And I I'm not I'm not a big I am a big gift card guy. I don't like recommending gift cards because that's a cop out. Hey, you know what it wishould I get my you know, and my friend, my coworker, my mom like, oh good, a gift card. I appreciate gift cards. I collect gift cards. I take my gift cards some generally, and I put them in my digital wallet on my phone. I use Google Wallet. Whether you use that or Apple Wallet, it's not like you're gonna you put them in there, and you don't have to carry you all your gift cards around and you know generally that there's is either a QR code or there's the wireless NFC. You'll hold your phone up to the register wherever you're checking out. You could virtually use them too. You get a gift card to Amazon or something, and then you can go to Amazon and you can put that gift card into your Amazon wallet. How many times has this happened to you though, Where you've got a fifty dollars gift card or something and you use a little, and you use a little and use a little, and then now you're down to like a buck forty three and you're like, what am I gonna buy with a dollar forty three? You throw it away? Well, don't do that, because I you boy, Michael Garfield iex and has got a little holiday hack for you, a little gift card hack. So if you get let's just say, you get a visa card, right, and it's got an awkward leftover balance, you don't know what to do, and you want to use it on Amazon, open your Amazon account and go to your payments. You know generally you're gonna have a visa or whatever like that, and there's a little there's a little link there. It says reload your gift card balance. So Amazon dot com slash reload your gift card balance or just go there. Enter the exact remaining balance on your Visa gift card literally exact dollar forty three right, and then you hit by now, buy it now. One more step follow me people. Then you add the visa card as a payment method, and you complete your purchase by now, and it's going to quote unquote transfer its balance to your Amazon gift card balance. Boom. Anything else I could do for you, I am your boy. And then once the balance is in your Amazon account, you could delete the card to avoid any confusion later. It's kind of it's an easy way to turn off hard to use gift card into something a little bit more useful. It's it's a lot of people said it's it's worked, So why why don't you check that out back for you? For the gift cards. I don't know what else I could do. I also gave your phone number. Two I gave you. I'm not going to confuse you year, but I gave you the phone number to Collin. There's another phone number I'm gonna give you if you want to try this. You know what AI is, Artificial intelligence? Do you understand what AI is? Probably not fully if you ever used AI? Maybe maybe not. When chat GPT came out, has it been one year or two years? It was December, it may have been last year. I mean, this thing has taken the world by storm. Now there's several versions, and there's several companies. There's Samsung, Galaxi's got this, and you've got so many of the Microsoft Copilot on and on and on, and if you don't understand it, you don't want to download it. Chat GPT just came out something with something kind of low tech, which I can appreciate. They came out with a whole free phone number where you can call in and interact with chat GPT. I am not kidding you. It is one eight hundred Chat GPT ha open ai. The company that makes chat GPT, just launch this phone number. I'm not making this up. Try it. It's available for phone calls and text. It's a new way to talk to its viral chatbot. You can use you know, you go on WhatsApp, you can do it too. It's with one eight hundred two four two eight four seven eight, which is one eight hundred Chat GPT and they just open it up and they said, the company said, the callers will get each caller gets fifteen minutes free per month to use it. Fifteen minutes. Actually, I like this idea. I mean it's part of a growth plan for this company because the company is trying to battle. As I said, they've got Google, Meta, Microsoft, Amazon, there's so many of this AI intelligent little bots over here. But for the one and hundred number you could call without an account, and the company says, it's it's it's it's working on ways to be able to integrate WhatsApp messages with the person's GPT Chat GPT credentials. So fifteen minutes. You should try this thing. And if you're really smart, because it's really fifteen minutes per phone number, because it knows if you have a burner phone, if you've got a Google voice phone number, which I have like three of them, use that too. That's it's it's I like it. It's just a little taste. It's tough for me, it's tough for anybody to really explain what open AI or chat GPT is, but here or this is a low cost, easy, simple way to try it out, old school parents, grandparents, do it one eight hundred chat GPT. Funny enough, if I remember correctly. Google launched a similar tool gosh fifteen years ago two thousand and seven. It was called Goog four one one and it was free directory assistance by voice. And they stopped this years ago. I don't know why Google. You know, it's everything's in beta and I think it's one eight hundred Goog four one one or something. Companies have tried this. One of my first companies when I used to work for MCI MC. Do you remember the days of MCI AT and T long distance? I worked for at the world headquarters of MCI in Washington, d C is like a little the only bleep and you know where I ever actually lived outside of the state of Texas. And MCI came up with they wanted to start collect calling, and I think it was MCI who came up with the number one eight hundred collect and all. It was because when you generally picked up a phone from a payphone, Oh my goodsh goodness, I'm dating myself. Kids. You don't even know what a payphone it. When you picked up a phone, you hit zero, you dialed an operator, and you say I want a dial collect, which means you can call long distance anywhere and the other end would pay for it. And you used to do that in college because you college, you have no money and you would call zero. Hi, can I make a collect call? Operator says, who do you want to call? Well, and I want to call this number and it's my parents. The phone ring at your parents' house and the operator would be on the line. Would you like to accept a collect call from Michael? Well? Hopefully they said yes, and then they would be building. Anyway, MCI got in the game because they wanted some pieces, and so they created one eight hundred collect and there was They did TV commercials with Carrot Top. I remember, I think I was on the TV side because I was in the marketing team, and I think I watched them film some of this commercials. You don't hear a lot about eight hundred number. You don't mean they're still out there without a doubt, they're toll free numbers. There's eight hundred, there's eight eight eight, there's eight four to four, there's all this other stuff. But if you want to try this, getting back as we take a break over here, try chat GPT, listen to some of the props fifteen minutes free per month, one eight hundred chat GPT. Anything else I can do for you, well, yeah, I still have about forty more minutes ago, so don't go anywhere. For my Australia friends, and I'm talking to you, Mark Parrett, a longtime listener in Australia, they just put a ban on social media for this age group. I'll have everybody. Yes, if you're under this age and it's in the teens, you are no longer allowed to be on social media. I like this. I actually kind of do they. I wish they would actually start to hear. United States, if you're under fifty you shouldn't use social media. I'll tell you that, your questions, everything else coming up on a high ten fexted show teen I don't know, fifteen thirty forty five minutes unless you're being interrupted by basketball games or whatever. It is the weekend. It is called the h Tech Texan Show. It's because I am the trademarked at people don't try to steal it the High Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is the name originally from Dallas, living in Houston. Went to school in Austin and now heard also in San Antonio and all those other cities. Phone number if you want to get in and say hi, leave a message if we don't pick up three four six twenty nine, Texan. By the way, if you're looking for a new phone, this portion of the show, we're brought to you by Total Wireless. Total Wireless. Walk into a one of the many Total Wireless stores. At least ten of them are site ten eighteen of them. I'm not even sure. I keep building them in the Houston area and all over the country. Total Wires They actually have some really good deals too. I was scanning their website. Free Samsung Galaxy A fourteen through the end of the year. If you activate a new line of service on Total Wireless as five G or five G plus unlimited plans, when you bring your own number, it's a free phone. It's good phone. Galaxy A fourteen's not the Galaxy S series, the Galaxy but A fourteen is not bad waysoever. Moto Razor five G. You can get a Moto Razor ninety nine bones done nine bucks with the purchase of a two month plan, and you can get a what else dore it oh with five G. I use their five G I was on Great Day Houston, which is you know, the morning lifestyle show earlier this week. I was showing off some stuff five G internet plans for your home. You get a router, you get fifty percent off your total five G unlimited plan when you bring your own phone and you sign up for auto pay. If you think about, it's one line for as low as twenty five dollars a month, and that price is guaranteed for five years. That has taxes and fees included. I like that a lot, a lot of things going on Total wireless walk in. You tell them the high tech text and said what up and you should be good to go. The show is heard around the world. If you're new to it. We have a listener, longtime listener. I'm not kidding you. I've been doing the show twenty three years. Mark Prrott has listened. Mark, if you're listening, send me an email twenty years. He lives in Australia. Dude is fourteen hours ahead of us here in Texas. So I always ask him, like, well, who won the football games that are being played tomorrow? But he's never actually come through with that. No, But seriously, he's listened to us online and you know everything's everything from what's happened now all the social media. He's always been contact to me and good dude, Mark, I don't know if you know this. Your country in Australia. Australia has approved a social media ban, a ban on social media on I'm gonna call him kids or teenagers under sixteen years old. Australia is banning children under sixteen from using social media. Do we like that? Yay or nay? Three four six twenty nine Texan The ban it's not going to take effect for about a year, but it could see technology companies find up to thirty two million dollar US if they don't comply. There's a Prime minister over there, Anthony Albanis, I guess, says the legislation is needed to protect young people from the harms and I'm using that quote of social media something many parent groups have echoed. What's going on in Australia. This actually is not the first attempt to globally restrict children's social media use. But the minimum age of sixteen, that's the highest set, the highest age set by any country. They said they want to have our kids to have a childhood and parents to know that we have their backs. That's a quote over there. Now. It doesn't say or specify which platforms are going to be banned. Is gonna come later from the Australia's Communications Minister. I guess that's like their I don't know their fcc uh and I don't know, but I mean it could include Snapchat or TikTok or Facebook or Instagram or x or I don't know. It could be YouTube. I don't know. It's in Australia. You're listening. Let uncle Garfy tell you what a VPN is. Oh no, I didn't go there. Call Oh parents all over Austia. You getting ticked to me right now? You know why because officials in Austraia also warned that restrictions could easily be circumitted through tools like a VPN, but they're gonna do everything to cut that back out. I listen. Since I've been doing this show twenty three years and my youngest son is twenty four. I started doing when my youngest was like just born, and I did a lot of parenting things, parenting tools and parenting advice when it comes to tech, and you know, should they get a computer, or should they actually be on a desktop computer, much less a laptop computer, much less get a cell phone. I used to add a lot of those questions back in the day, and my answer was this as a it's a one on one it's a case by case, parent, case by case basis. I parent, and I and their mom we raised three great kids, the great boys. It's up to us. I'm not going to tell you how to parent. You're a kid. There's no rule, there's no law, there's not even a guideline. I mean a lot of people again back in the day, again, cell phones were expensive and they were bigger, you know, going back to two thousand and five fifteen, it's like, well, you know, my kid, he or she better be a teenager, better be thirteen. Some parents says, no, no, I got my first kid tell a cell phone at nine years old. You know some people right now, Listen, kids come out of the womb right now, you know, potentially holding a cell phone. Dad will hand him a cell phone or something. I see all the time when I go to restaurants. Little kids right now they are using their and I have to make it's their parents' phones to play games. The parents download the apps, they play a game, they play whatever, they candy, crunchy crush, whatever it's going. And that's but the kids are getting used to holding this device and probably talking on it too. I me, you know, hey, let's call grandma, let's call grandpa. Also, they're growing up with these things in their hands, and at some point at a much younger age than the age than I know my kids did. And I honestly cannot tell you. I cannot remember what age that each of my three kids, my three boys, got their first smartphones. The ages is getting younger. Number one, it could be safety. Parents do want to make sure that their kids go to school, they need they need something safe. Well, you also could put you know, trackers, You could put air tags in their in their briefcases or their lunchboxes too. And so I'm not ever going to answer the question of hey, Michael, what's the proper age to give a phone to a kid? Because kids a a differently. The youngest kid, I don't know it generally could grow up faster than the older kid. I know, our youngest you know, kids seem to be a little bit more mature, mature more, let's put it that way. At whatever X age was than our first or second kids, is because they you know, he learned from his older brothers. One of the fun tips I used to give, and this was true in this, in this, in this may work for you too, laptops and tablets or even a desktop computer. At what age, Michael would can I let my kid have a laptop? And I said, listen, I think computers are great. Kids need to learn and understand how to utilize computers in a keyboard and everything and what a mouse's without a doubt. But at a young age, I would not recommend, and again I have to throw that in, I would not recommend giving somebody who is in the single digits, you know, hunder ten years old whatever, give them a computer, laptop and let them put it in their room. Don't let them surf alone. So what I used to do. Even in my house, we had a we had one computer. And again it's this is very hard to leave. You know. You would go out and you would buy one computer, your first home computer for your home back in the late nineties, early two thousands. It was twenty five hundred dollars at least, and you would put it in a public area of your house. You would put it in the family room, you would put it in the kitchen. Okay, because I always tell the parents, you need to see what your kid's doing online. Don't let your kid take that in the back room because you don't know where he or she is is surfing to so at a young age, absolutely have parental supervision, walk by and use the computer with them. You know. Now, it's funny because your kids are gonna teach you. You tricks your kid. I last segment, I was talking about AI chat GPT. I'm not kidding you. I first heard about chat GTPT last year through my son. My kids tell me. My son tells me how to edit on some of these apps. My son actually is it influencer right now. And it's if that's what these kids do. We learn from our kids, but at some point you still have to be a parent. My kids are grown. I'm absolutely and will always be their dad and their parent. I really they're on their own right now. I really have no not allow to say so of what they can and can't do. But when they were under my roof and they were on my payroll, quote unquote, absolutely I could tell them what to do. But you know when they before they could drive and whatever. So again printing advice, parenting advice one oh one, take it, leave it. But Australia sixteen years younger starting next year, potentially you ain't getting on social media? You know what, are we going to open the borders to Australian kids so they can come here? Yeah, that's what I'm here for. Thirty more minutes left the High Tech Texas Show Michael darkfielders the day. You know, yeah, I say, if you have a real job, can you just leave? If you have a cubicle, if you have an office, Oh, I'm gonna go down the snack here. And when you're doing radio, when you're doing you know, you're you're on a time limit over here. You know, we've got a commercial break, you know, every two and two and a half minutes, and we gotta we gotta run to the restroom if we need to. And you know, you got to bring some snacks. And I bring this up. You know sometimes I bring some snacks and I don't know, I'm trying not to eat as much. You know, it's the holidays and that's stuff. And uh, I was passing by and people you may not believe me. I have never walked into a Taco Bell and and I drive by several all the way to the studio. I'm just not a Taco Bell guy now, growing up in Dallas, I am a Taco bueno guy. I am a bueno head. I actually used to work in high school. Seen your year of BI school. I used to work at a Taco Bueno. Love Taco Bido. There are a few and are between now there is no Taco Boy noos. It's Houston. There used to be some. I don't think they're in San Antonio, Dallas. I know there's still a few. No way that that's my frit so I don't go to Taco Bell. But apparently somebody just sent me this. There Taco Bell is rolling out. I have to read this down. I don't want to throw out false advice. It seems true. Taco Bell is rolling out chicken nuggets. Tell man, are you kidding me? Taco Bell chicken nuggets? I mean, chicken is a hot thing. Remember the chicken sandwich wars. Popeyes released something a few years ago, and then the other They try to go after Chick fil A. I'm a Chick fil A fan without a doubt, anyway, it's introducing just introduced chicken nuggets. And are they gonna put it on the Dorito's Locos type of thing? You know what I do, like me some chicken nuggets. Are they fried or something? Let me keep reading this thing. I don't know a it's lt O. Okay, it's gonna be limited time only. They're marinated in jalapino buttermilk flavor and coated in a mixture of breadcrumbs and tortilla chips. Sounds good, sounds a little too fattening. They got some dips. This is jalapino infused honey, mustard, spicy ranch or chili, tomato bell sauce. I'll tell you again, this is not an endorsement. This is not a commercial read. I've never been to a taco belt. I probably don't plan on me into a taco belt. But apparently chicken is the big thing it is. Let's see the chicken cantenam in you. They announced they did this last year. And I'll put a little asterix and I'm I'm just trying to get myself hungry. As beef prices are climbing, fast food chains apparently they're now relying on chicken as a cheaper alternative. Then the amount of chicken products eating at the drive through, you know, big chains, grown eleven percent since twenty nineteen. Now, this is funny. I'm gonna in destroyed here because to me, I eat grilled chicken, not fried chicken. Grilled chicken, there's no debate. It's healthier than having a hamburger. There's no question in terms of fat rams in water. That's why I've always eat chicken. I don't eat a lot of red meat, so I'm a chicken guy. I love the grilled chicken at Chick fil A, and if it's grilled, it's almost any places I'm gonna eat this thing. But the chicken places that sell chicken in burgers obviously not Chick fil A. The chicken has always been more expensive, and this is a problem in America. If somebody wants us to get healthier, why don't you make the chicken cheaper? I don't know. According to what I'm reading right now from market research from some firm called Circanna, beef prices are climbing and chicken finally is going to be cheaper, which is good. Now, chicken, it's gonna be ten bucks for a sandwich in a Burger's going to be twelve bucks? Anyway, where was I? That was the bump here at the we got less than thirty minutes to go because I get a little hungry. Michael Garfield. It is the high tech text and show. If you still want to get in or try to leave a voicemail, which we could play on air three four six twenty nine textan three four six t exiting and you see we talk much more about technology. It's pop culture, anything going on in the world, including automobiles. I am a longtime automobile reviewer. I am a member of the Texas Auto Writers Association, which means nothing really too. It means I'm I'm an accredited journalist, and I'm using air quotes when I say journalist that reviews vehicles. I've done it for fifteen years. And I don't deal with dealerships. I deal with manufacturers, and I do get the opportunity to test drive a lot of cars each week of the year. So this year I've driven well over sixty sixty five sometimes I get two a week vehicles. So if you want to know something to buy, I am your advice man. I am your shell answer Man not sponsored by Shell, but that'd be nice. And I do keep up with what's going on the news, including this. We talk about EV's longtime listeners know and I'll say it again. I always have to say this. I like evs. The electric vehicle cars are big. I mean, they're fast, they're they're sexy, they're neat looking. Ah, They're just not for me at this point in my life right now, because I don't like the charging infrastructure that we have in the United States. As soon as charging infrastructures, charging stations are ubiquitous as gas stations, which means every single street corner of America like a Starbucks. And it gets faster where I don't have to wait forty five minutes and I can fill my tank up like I'm filling a gas up in five minutes. I'm there, But it's not. However, I see this news General Motors GM. They are partnering with charge Point. Charge Point actually it's a battery charging company. You see these stations all over the country. GM is partnering with charge Point and they're building out new Evy, a new EV charging network under a new brand. It's gonna be called GM Energy. But here's the thing. As I'm reading this, GM plans to install and I'm quoting up to five hundred fast charging ports at stations five hundred. Whooped, dee frickin' do I I am broadcast over the air in three of the largest nine cities in the country, Houston, Santa Studio, and Dallas right now. Each of those cities you'd use well over five hundred to make it ubiquitous. I applaud what GM and charge Point are trying to do, but we just need more. We need to figure out the batteries I had or not. EV sales depending on who you're reading out of the they make up about ten percent of new car sales. I don't know what's happening with the Is it gonna be Is the tax rebates gonna come back? You know once the new administration comes in. I'm not getting to the politics things. I will keep my eye on this in twenty twenty five, but it's it's listen. I can recommend you some EV cars, but if you want that, you know how to get me. Three four six, twenty nine text and so there is the automobile update of the week. What was I driving in this week? I always get conscuted. I was in a Hey, what one of my top three vehicles of the year. We'll play a game hop three vehicles a year, surprise me. The Buick Invista and again not sponsored right now. You know what, if I I wish a vehicle company would sponsored me, I could sell more vehicles than anybody else. But no, this is just me because I rag on more vehicles than I actually like them. Buick convist If if you don't know what it is, go look it up. E n V I S T A. Buick has actually really done a nice job of bringing that brand back, for lack of a better term, They've got a whole slew of inexpensive vehicles, the Encore, the Enclave, kind of smaller cars, the Invista four door seats five people. It's you know, kind of yeah, subs tell me, but I was in a Buick Invista not long ago. It's not an ev It's an actual gas power car, great infotainment, not that expense. You can probably get these babies around forty thousand. I say, not that expensive, but cars are expensive right nowadays. Probably one of my top three top two new vehicles that I really didn't know much about until I actually stepped in it, and uh and I test drove it for a week and so uh fos favorite vehicle of the year. Any year that I get to test drive a Corvette, it's my year. I am a Corvette guy. I just like the sectionists of a Corvette. I'm at a point in my life where my kids are grown. I don't need a big car. I just want something fast. It's like the new, the new, the the mid the most updated, the C eight model, which is the mid engine where the engine is in the middle of the car, not in the hood, which gives it a better turn power and ratio because the engine. You know, if the engine is in front of a vehicle, you can imagine it pulls the car, even though there's all well drive. But anyway, it pulls that the weight is in the front. Now the weight of the engine is in the middle. I like it and I got the win. Did I have one of these things? I may have been in the summer so I had I had the top down. It was the Lettuce was flowing. Man. It was just there's nothing better than a Courtvette for me. But I also have sixty sixty five other vehicles that I test drove to so if you want to get in there, we got about fifteen more minutes today. You can also podcast this for some reason in your market that we are being bumped right now for basketball games or a football playoff game. Go to iHeartRadio in search Michael Gorefield high Tech text and we'll continue. But we got less than ten more minutes to go, so don't go anywhere. Stand by as we wind up the final a few minutes of the we get Buffalo Christmas, We go final seven year the high tech text and show thank you off in here. Know you're not probably trying to find a parking spot at all your shops because you figured, well online shopping right now with just a few days before Christmas and hanuk and ain't gonna work, and so you're a fighting the traffic here at the day of the gallery. Yeah, you're at your little local shopping mall wherever you are, so suck it up. You can listen to the last seven minutes with me while you're driving around trying to find that spot, and we'll send you off and letting you know that I am a sized medium and my favorite colors purple. Should you be shopping for your favorite your favorite radio host who has been wasting spending twenty three years of his weekends giving you some good ideas and things to buy and things to shop for. Michael Garfield is the name. Anybody traveling on planes, anybody ever have any lost luggage issues? Knock wood. I've actually been pretty good about that. A travel tip for me is if anybody has Apple air tags. I don't use Apple stuff, but Apple air tags. Other trackers, there's so many different ones. I mean, Samsung makes the Samsung were the tracker. There's Chippolo makes a tracker. Hyle was one of the first ones out there t il e you know they're they're They're the size of a quarter fifteen twenty twenty five dollars each, and you could track many things. You just put it on your you could put it in your luggage. And that's where I'm geting at. Actually I put it in my luggage. And if you get your phone and you have an app, and you know, Google makes something on find my device, and Apple makes its own little thing so you could see where they are, and it works on little Bluetooth and you know, and there's Bluetooth and Wi Fi networks. A lot of places all over the world, including in airports too, and airlines now they're finally getting in on it too. If you have an air Tag and Apple air Tag and you want to download the latest operating system, the OS version operating system version, you could generate this link help airlines themselves track down your missing luggage. So there's this. There's a new release of the iOS. It's the eighteen point two, all right, the Apple iOS, and I do recommend everybody update to their system. So if you have an Apple iPhone, get the eighteen point two and there's an option in the find my app Find My two words app is an option to create a sharable link to the location of a lost air Tag and anybody who receives this link is going to be able to track down its whereabouts and hopefully uncover your missing luggage or any other item. And you can share this link with a family member, a friend, a traveling companion. However, sharing it with airline personnel can be even more productive is they can hunt down your bags in places that you can't go to within an airport. Just this past week, United Delta and Air Canada they're supporting this new feature to track down lost de delaid bags.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: That's good for them. And there's the others who are going to you know, I did Delta, British Airways lofts. Tensa is an American in there. I don't want to no Americans not in there. I got according to my list right here. Southwest. I listen, man, get your stuff together, love Southwest. I am a Southwest guy from as a Dallas guy, grew up Dallas, used to go to Love Ice skated Love. Anybody remember that in the late seventies. I've had Southwest there like stock blieve me, like a very small amount of shares since I was like thirteen. I'm an a list preferred and a week to go. I'm very close, and I'm not there yet. So if anybody from a Southwest is listening, help a brother out. And I know there's Southwest has changing itself. In twenty twenty five or twenty twenty six, there's gonna get a new boarding procedure. But you know things like this, Number one, you need to speed up your Wi Fi Internet and as the high tech text, I should be the spokesperson for that. And number two, things like this. You see all these other airlines hopping on the Hey, this is a neat way to if you find the lost luggage, you know, maybe we can, you know, start tracking it down. But I see what you're doing. Southwest. You're like, no, we're not gonna hop from the vandwagon because we don't lose luggage. Oh. I see what you did. I see what you did. That's the reverse marketing. That's why I love it. Fly the friendlies guys, Baby, we really move our tails for you. Herb caliher wild Turkey all the way. Big Southwest guy, big, big, big Southwest guy. I'll ended up with this. We'll do a show next week. That's the weekend of the twenty eighth and twenty ninth. Actually, no, we got two more shows. Then we will be live from Las Vegas, my favorite place on Earth, well outside of Texas, for my twenty third CEES Show Consumer Electronics Show, and this is the big one. This is where. It's the world's largest technology trade show. One hundred and fifty thousand plus people from all over the world. They're nice folks. At CEES. They build a radio and a TV studio right on the convention floor. For me, I'll be broadcasting, doing some live Instagram stuff. Which is why you need to follow them on Instagram, Hi tech text and Hi g h T E c h T E x A N. And this is where I bring a lot of these goodies back, these little samples where they want me to give them away to my social media followers and maybe my radio followers. Again, that's why you need to follow me. So some of the things I've been like my inbox over the past three weeks, and this happens every December, my inbox on a daily basis, and I'm not kidding you, easily forty to fifty new messages solely from companies who will be at cs HI stop by our booth. We're debuting this and come to this event, and we're having a press conference, and here's a press release, and now there's a reception. Can you come over here, and here's a dinner over he over here. There's only so many hours a day and it's just me. So I'm planning out and you know what I'm doing here for about four days, you know, six seventh, eight ninth or whatever. So I'll be out there and so I will give you a little tip and hint just from the emails of what I think are going to be big. What's big? What's coming in cees twenty two, twenty five. What I'm expecting. I'm expecting the letters AI to get maybe branded on my brain. AI is gonna be everywhere every almost every other press comfort press release. I'm getting like the oh, we've got a day. I remember when Google came out there. I remember Alexa was just you know, launched. I mean, you know, there's generally one product, one theme, one something that takes over the show. Last year, AI was relatively prevalent. I think this year it is gonna be just just NonStop. A lot of keynote speeches are gonna be you know this on AI and whatever. There's gonna be some new video cards for all you hanks out there who are falling in Vidia. Finally, obviously they're you know that's that stocks done pretty well. By the way, they're supposed to announce a new video card. Am D is supposed to announced some video cards for for computers. There's gonna be some new I know, there's gonna be need some laptops a sus A s us I like that company. They are out of China or actually time on that is right. They they're coming out with something new. I'm supposed to go to a press conference with them, and they're they're very cool. They usually give me some to give away, so that's pretty neat. Earbuds and headphones, they're generally out there. Sennheiser is supposed to announce something. I think the airpod's too pro two. I think they were just released. I'll see what's going on that. I mean, I don't know how many more earbuds and earphones that we actually need. Vehicles. I'd say ten years ago the Sterber Electronics Show turned into a de facto auto show. A lot of a lot of high tech vehicles, not just electric vehicles, but some really some you know, prototype demo models of something that will never be ever gonna be built. There's drones. I mean, there are these taxis, like flying taxi. There's these mock ups that you could sit in that look cool and you know, I'm gonna, without a doubt, I'm gonna post them on my my social media. They're like, oh my gosh, how cool is that. It's like, you know what, my lifetime, we'll probably never see it, but it is pretty cool. TVs sound bars they seem to be some of the hot stuff. But I will let you know when that's coming up in two weeks. But until then we still have the New Year's Next week is always my yeah, yeah, next week is always my fun one. It's the what did you get for Christmas? And I will tell you what to return it for. That's always fun. The last show of the year right after Christmas. So I'm about half of everybody put this game together. Number one Callum reeves he's kind of editing, answering the phone, the checking the voicemail. Brian Rickson, program director at a lot of these stations that we're on, Eddie Martini and anybody else who has kept me on the air for twenty three years, thanks doing so. The new folks who struck missing, I hope you kind of are trying to figure out what the show's about. I don't talk about too many pep and things, try not to, and i'd stay away from politics. I popped up absolutely talk about sports, food and anything else that I care about. I'm just entertain That's what we do. Michael Gark Buildings in Man and it's called The High Tech Textan show. If you miss some or all of it, check it out again. iHeartRadio app, which is upgrading. By the way, slip right I tech texting I should be said to do all right people, awesome, a great weekend, bundle up and seriously Merry Christmas. Let's get this year over whip and have an even better one that's twenty twenty five. Talk to you next week because right now my show he is over.