Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Knight Live. I am your host, the Cajun Knight, Jacob Mook. A lot of things to discuss on this evening. I know, we always have so much to talk about. We are gonna talk a little bit about what's going on on the US soil. We are also gonna be kind of branching out to talk about some of the more interesting things about what's going on around the world, some of them being the two thousand percent increase in HIV cases in Russian soldiers ever since the start of the Ukrainian offensive. We are also gonna be talking about how in Sudan right now they are claiming that the UAE Dubai is funding Colombian mercenaries to come and fight with the Sudanese rebel groups. And that's just it's a whole cluster in and of itself. We're gonna be talking a little bit about China just for a split second. We're gonna be talking more about nat as far as that's concerned. A couple of things going on in DC, couple of things going on in and around Texas for reasons, and we got a lot to talk about. So before we get started, for anybody who is listening to this the following day on Cult a Conspiracy, please if you'd like to join in on the Cajun Night Live, come to the link in the description below to the Cajun Night Patreon. There's only one tier for entry, and we host these live forum oh excuse me, live open forum debates and conversations and sharing of information every Wednesday night at nine pm Central, and I think all of you good retinue of the Night that have come and joined in on this Wednesday evening, I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen. Also, the Patreon for the Cajun Night is the only place to find the video for anything that we do here, So let's get straight into it. On the Cult of Conspiracy Live, we talked about the four radioactive wasp nests that were found in South Carolina's around a nuclear facility, and I had heard just a little thing about it. I didn't find out too much about how they became radioactive or what the potential blowback could be from this, so I decided to do some research into it. This is from art Stechnia art Arstecnia. Yeah, that's a thing our Stechnia and let's go into it now for radioactive WASP nests found in South Carolina's nuclear facility. Wasps living around a Cold War era nuclear facility in South Carolina had built at least four radioactive nests, raising questions about their source of hazardous material and the extent of environmental contamination. According to a report by The New York Times last week, news broke the officials, I'm sorry at the officials at the site in Savannah River Site SRS near ak in South Carolina have found one radioactive nest on July third. The discovery was documented in a July twenty second report by the US Department of Energy, which of course owns the site. The report said that the nest was on a post near a tank used to store a nuclear waste and that it quote was probing one hundred thousand dBm per centimeter squared beta gamma. I'm not gonna lie. I don't know if that's hell a little bit or a lot of bit or whatever the case was. But basically, this old tank that was used to store nuclear waste was at least giving some some readings on the Geiger counter. This contamination level is greater than ten times the total contamination values listed in federal regulations for areas that require contamination posting and monitoring. The report said, oh, well, there you have it. Then, okay, wow, still in it concluded that the radioactivity of the nest was considered to be from on site legacy radioactive contamination, not related to a loss of contamination control. I mean, okay, that makes sense. It's not like they had unaccounted for radio active waste or anything like that. But even still, the fact that a WASP nest was able to be built in form around a known radioactive source of waste. This is again that we kind of brought it up on the Cult of Conspiracy Live. But this is kind of the beginning of a comic book series. It sounds like, I don't know what would happen if one of these stung you. I hope the report kind of talks about it here, honestly. But The Times uncovered that three additional radioactive nests had been found since July third discovery. The US Department of Energy is managing the discovery for WASP nests with very low levels of radioactive contamination. Edward DeShong, Yeah, Edwin DeShong, manager of the Department of Energy Savannah River Operations Office, said in an email statement to The Times, the nests do not oppose a health risk to SRS workers, the community or the environment. Well that and that just make you feel better, okay. The SRS is a three hundred ten square mile facility built in the nineteen fifties to produce material for nuclear weapons, including plutonium and tritium okay, a component of hydrogen bombs. The Times noted activity at the SRS, which is located near the border with Georgia, declined at the end of the Cold War. The Department of Energy began cleaning up the site in nineteen ninety six, a slow process that is currently estimated to be completed by twenty sixty five. Wow, so they stopped using it. I mean, like I said, it was I don't even know what they really said when they made the site like inactive by any means. But they started cleaning up in ninety six, and they were expecting that it was already going to take till twenty sixty five to complete the cleanup. WHOA, that's crazy. According to the Department of Energy, the site produced one hundred and sixty five million gallons of radioactive liquid waste, which has been evaporated to thirty four million gallons. The site has of fifty one waist tanks, eight of which have been operationally closed, with the remaining forty three in various states of closure or of the closure process. Outside experts have been quick to point out critical information missing from the Department of Aryangy's next report, including the absolute level of radioactivity found in the nest, the specific isotopes that were found, and the type of wasps that built the nest. Some wasps build their nests from mud, while others might use chewed up pulp from wood. Now, yeah, okay, it's fair enough. I about to say the ones that use mud, I know, like dirt dabbers, for instance, And I don't know if that's like the official name of them. They look like wasps, but they're black and they don't sting. They just make like mud huts on your wall and they're painting the butt to clean off. But yeah, most of the ones that sting that I know have kind of used chewed up pulp wood or something like that. But anyway, all right. Timothy Musso, a biologist at the University of South Carolina who studied organism and ecosystems in radioactivity or radioactive regions, told The Times that the Department of Energies explanation that the WASP gathering legacy contamination for their homes is not unreasonable. There's some legacy radioactive contamination sitting around in the mud, in the bottom of the legs, or you know, here and there, he said. The main concern relates to whether or not there are large areas of significant contamination that have escaped surveillance in the past. Musso said alternatively, this could indicate that there is some new or old radioactive radioactive contamination that is coming to the surface that was unexpected. The Department of Energy report of the first WASP nests said that the nest was sprayed to kill wasps, then bagged as radioactive waste. Okay, that's I think that's fair. The ground and area around where the nests had been did not have any further contamination. That's at least what they said, we don't know, Okay, fair enough. The DO report's first wasps, oh, I'm sorry in a statement to the Aiken Standard, and that's the local publication. Officials worked at the Department of energy site noted that the wasps themselves pose little risk to the community. They likely have lower contamination on them and generally don't stray more than a few hundred yards from their nests. That's also very fair. However, The Times pointed out a report from twenty seventeen when officials at SRS found radioactive bird droppings on the roof of a building at the site. Birds can carry radioactive materials long distances. Muso said, Okay, so according to the report, they pose no threat. However, again, they didn't really specify the type of wasps. They didn't specify the type of isotopes, they didn't specify levels of contamination. They just said that it was negligible and it wasn't anything to worry about. I feel like we need a little more detail to feel more at ease about it. But that being said, like there is a greater than zero percent chance that somebody in South Carolina is gonna get stung by a radioactive wasp. And this is how Spider Man started, essentially, And I thought that was crazy when that joke was made on the Cult Live. That's also not like the craziest thing now knowing that this is a real insect contamination. But anyway, Raven, you said that there was also before we started shooting, you said that there was also a little bit of precedence for radioactive insects being used by humans for other purposes. So there may be a little bit more of a correlation here.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, I dropped a link in the chat kind of, but it pretty much it essentially is talking about the screwworms. Screwworms have been around for quite a while, Like nineteen thirty three is when they got brought over to America, and then like nineteen sixty six is when they got fully eradicated from America, but then had a resurgence in nineteen seventy six and now we're battling it again. Pretty Much, what they did was the US of Mexico got with Panama and made the Wall of Flesh. And what that is is they have a nuclear facility that that breeds these flies that are alive, but they're dead inside. So they're the males that can't reproduce with the females because they've used radioactive nuclear waste and stuff to pretty much sterilize them. And that was the one thing that they could find that would be able to let them fly, get dropped out of the planes, be able to like mate quote unquote with females, and then essentially they die off. So it's like a super slow process that took like decades to eradicate. The first time, the wall of flesh is failing because they only have one facility that's open, and so it's that max capacity or right now. And so the last like since twenty twenty three, I think it is, is when it started to spread across UH Central America again, and so Mexico and the US have decided that they're going to make a facility, another nuclear facility on the Texas Mexico border to try and reproduce as many flies as possible, because at one point they were using for one facility, it was seventy tons of meat and it was like one hundred it was twelve million gallons of blood to produce like two hundred million flies because it has they have to be like living in flesh, and so they've created like different stuff now, but they all are nuclear radioactive flies that are flying around, and it's like a slow process that happens.
Speaker 1: So and I remember whenever you came on the Cult and we talked about this the the negrew screwworm, right, and they were using a flyworld. Yeah, that's a weird one to say out loud too, that's a tongue twister new world So.
Speaker 2: Why why would they call it new worlds? Like, you know, just the weird symbology of it, like why new world? Like it's been around the same time. It really hasn't mutated much. It has changed slightly where it's like a variant that is getting in more is like adapting and going into more like warm blooded things. They don't really have. They don't really affect humans like most of the time. They would rather go for horses and cows. That's why for the last like two years, the shipments of horses between Mexico and the US have like stalled. It wasn't until like I think a month or two ago is when they finally open it up again for them to trade. But they have like a seven day quarantine now, so it's it's still an issue and still gaining more of an issue. But this kind of all ties in with the conversation of Bill Gates's bugs as well and that other company that they created what seven now seven types of bioengineered bugs. So if this is like a radioactive bug, like, I'm sure it's going to somehow be exploited or used in some regard, because it seems to be for right now, it seems to be like their positive net positives to try and control things. But who knows at this point, because then you get the super bugs like the ones over in Africa, the mosquitoes that are now like even more deadly.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and I remember when we were talking about it, they so Gates was trying to make it to where vaccines were actually genetically inside of mosquitos, where whenever they bite you you would get accidentally vaccinated. And originally the whole the bioengineered mosquitos and things like that. It was I remember they tried doing it in America as a matter of fact, to where more male mosquitoes would be born than female mosquitos because the other ones right right right female excuse the one's a bite. So their theory was if we could make it to where genetically they are more prone to produce male larva, then we would have a lot less mosquito bites, And that overall sounds great, but that kind of backfired in a sense because you just had more what's the way I'm looking, more more prolific breeding happening within the mosquito population. It didn't drastically increase or decrease. It kind of was seen as a net wash, not mistaken.
Speaker 2: Well, they haven't. So they released two different rounds of it. They released it in Texas and in Florida, like twelve million in one location, and I can't remember the amount and the other location, and that's from I can't remember the company it was. They haven't technically like I don't know. I haven't read any reports of it being a success or failure either way. But that company has also made several other bugs that they've used in South America that has been seen as a success in Brazil, if I remember, it is the first location that they dropped them all, and that's how they got approved to drop them here in the US. It's trying to combat malaria is the big game. The thing about the malaria talk is though, so they have the malaria vaccine that they've come out with, the two levels, the two different vaccines that Gates has his hand in both, and that's a whole nother ordeal. But it's like one of the number one killers in the world. So why would they realistically, if they're in game is to keep people sick and keep people in the cycle of needing things and all that, then why would they technically cure or kill off the mosquito population. What they did was is they sprayed chemicals before the bioengineers. They sprayed certain chemicals and as they mutated to the chemicals, they became superbugs. So now we have the superbug population and now we have the bioengineered ones. The bioengineer makes more sense because they are they're actually taking out sequencing of the like pretty much a Jurassic Park, which like you know, some people don't know about, but they take out the sequencing and then that way they can mutate what they actually are passing on to the next party. So like they say they have like ten boys and they two girls, the next time they'll have only they won't be able to reproduce or they'll have broken genes, and so they'll end up being sterilized and then it kind of like goes down the cheam like that.
Speaker 1: So and maybe it had just hadn't been enough seasons for lack of better words, to see if those results will actually take hold in Florida and Texas. But as far as I've done in my research ever since that episode, it's kind of been seen as a net wash at least as of this moment. So Royce, go ahead, brother, I.
Speaker 3: Just have a quick question as far as the whole thing. So I'm kind of understanding the concept about what's going on. Besides, was it with these either with the losses or any one of these creatures that have been.
Speaker 1: Nuked?
Speaker 3: Essentially, what happens whenever those bugs get eaten by higher life worm so those birds and those birds are eaten by etcetera, etcetera. So it seems like that would be a greater chance for it to be spread to us. It would be through the eating of you know, with the foul or whatever, as opposed to just getting stunks. Like's what's stopping that necessarily from happening.
Speaker 1: Right, So in the case with the New World screwworm, right, they used radioactive flies to combat it and pretty much eat the larva of the New World screwworm to kind of keep it where it was. But once the larva itself, which is that's how it works, right, So there'd be like a cut or a sore on a cow. The New World screw worm will embed itself in there and lay its eggs in there. Their thought was that these radioactive flies would come and kind of kill those and then since they're radioactive, they're not gonna produce and die and whatever else. But if a bird eats that fly, or if a frog eats that fly, or whatever the case is, the thought process was that the radioactivity of these insects were so low and so negligible that we wouldn't see the effects down the road in the ecosystem. Personally, I don't agree with that. I don't know. Yes, they've had it's been decades. They started doing this with the New World screw worm in the fifties, and they've had decades of testing to show that, like at least if it is having some sort of a secondhand effect, it's not something that we are seeing, at least not on our end. I don't mean just in America, but like right here, it's shown that Panama, Costa Rica, Nick Garagua, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, these countries had outbreaks of this, but we haven't really seen an outbreak in twenty years. So I'm with you. I don't think that it is something that you could just say, oh, well, so the frogs might get a little radioactive, but it's no big deal. It's like, no, that's kind of a biggie because there's something else that's gonna come and eat the frog, right, And there's something else that's gonna come and eat that the circle of life happens. I don't believe that introducing radioactive waste into the circle of life and into the food chain is a inherently okay thing to do. Raven, I know you know a thing or two about this, so please weigh in.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm actually going to read it.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I've actually read about this, but I it is a very good question because I had the same similar question. So it says that in a sterile fly production facility this that they are injected with high energy gamma rays that break down the DNA of the males, damaging their sex chromosomes. According to the USDA, the results are the flies are no longer able to lay fertilized eggs. The amount of radiation the male flies are exposed to does not pose a danger to animals. Or humans. But since the female flies only mate one time in their short twenty days lifespan, once populations are exposed to sterile males, the population dies out over the course of months or years, depending on the size of the outbreak. While it is unclear how the dispersal would work in the US, it is in the event of an outbreak let's see blah blah blah. So pretty much what they're saying is is like, it's not enough to actually impact us because they die. So the screw worms, for example, they only mate for one male. They don't go and mate a whole bunch like mosquitoes do. They only mate one male and then they die within thirteen to twenty days, so that life cycle is dead. Then the male will die too, so they're continuously dying off. So the broken sperm, the broken sperm or whatever you want to call it, the you know, is not able to actually fertilize any eggs, So then that is going to be completely avoid of all radiation gamma stuff, so they are not actually nothing is consuming them unless they're consuming the ones the males that are exposed. But it's so small it really shouldn't actually impact anything unless they're eating, like unless they're a bat that's eating like massive amounts, then potentially there probably could be a conversation of this being a real issue.
Speaker 1: Dude, a radioactive bat. Now we're getting radioactive batman. I'm just saying, like it ooh, that's where COVID came from. I don't know. Actually, I know for a fact it came from a lab in Wuhan, not from bat meat. I'm just saying. I'm just saying. It could be fun, it could be cool. I don't know. Now, with all of that being said, the radioactive wasp nests listen, we don't know what's going to be the blowback from this or what's going to be the fallout. I should say, as of this moment, they're saying that it is localized, it is nothing for anybody to worry about. But I do find it to be interesting. We talked about on another recent episode that there is a new type of fungus that is eating radioactivity in Chernobyl as we speak, and it's actually helping to repair the affected area. Now, if nature finds a way, which it always does, and we now have a real life potential for radioactive insects to become a thing. Now, I'm not saying this is the spark of something new. I'm not saying that either. So what's to say that some other insect or some other type of reptile whatever will be exposed to some radioactive waste from one of these Cold War era sites and we don't have bigger problems to worry about. So I see this as kind of a potential microcosm for something that we really do need to pay more attention towards. Anyway, moving on, and we're still sticking in the Nation of America, there are some things going on with Texas Democrats who have decided to leave the state to avoid voting on a certain thing, and they're facing some issues where they have decided to take up residency for their little extended vacation. Let's listen in here. This is NBC News for some Texas Democrats in Illinois.
Speaker 4: Tonight, a bomb threat at a Chicago area hotel, forcing Texas Democrats to evacuate.
Speaker 5: We were awakened to an alarm going off from the hotel around seven thirty this morning over the loudspeaker saying there's been a bomb threat made on this hotel. Please evacuate immediately.
Speaker 4: Representative John Busey is one of dozens of Democratic lawmakers staying there after leaving Texas to stall a Republican plan to redraw congressional districts. Police say four hundred people were evacuated from the hotel as they scoured for an explosive device, but none was found. Authorities have not yet reported the source of the threat, but Bucy blames the heated political rhetorics surrounding their protest.
Speaker 1: Real quick, I do want to point this out. This dude standing next to Bucy, I forget his name, but I remember hearing him speak more than a few times. That dude, I don't actually think has like a functioning brain. Like I think they found somebody who is mentally what's the correct term impaired. He's mentally impaired to actually run for his office, and he's based out of Chicago. The guy is is I think he might be a barely functioning human being. I think we might call him what like a imbecile or an invalid. I don't know one of those words. He's he's really dumb. But anyway, so these Texas Democrats, which that sounds like a weird misnomer in and of itself, but a lot of them have decided to flee the state and they are taking up residents in very heavily democratically ran cities, and that got me thinking, wait, why what is making all of these Democrats from Texas decide to like all take vacation at the exact same time. WHOA, there's some things going on. But let's listen in a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Here est are you concerned for your safety?
Speaker 5: We don't take the rhetoric of Ken Pax and Greg Abbott lightly. They are sparking a fire and people and zealous that support them. It's unacceptable. Are we afraid? We are undeterred. We're undeterred, and we're going to continue in our fight back.
Speaker 4: At the Texas Capital without enough members present, business stood still for a third straight day. Republican State Senator Brian Hughes condemning the threat of violence.
Speaker 6: That's horrible to think of someone resorting to violence for anything like that, And so I hope everybody's okay, while.
Speaker 4: Urging Democrats to return, what's your message to the Democrats who have fled the state.
Speaker 6: This is going to get done. The will of people is going to get done. A qure and break can delay the process. It can temporarily swart the will of the people, but we'll be back and tom.
Speaker 4: Even after this bomb threat, Democrats tell me they are committed to staying for the long haul. At least thirteen more days to run out the clock on this special session. Governor Rabbit can always call them back again.
Speaker 1: Tom Okay. Now they have fled the state to avoid voting on redistricting certain areas of the state. The overarching theme here is that Texas has been a red state for quite some time. It's not new news to anybody. Texas is a very strong conservative red state. Democratic lawmakers in the state are afraid of it being rezoned in redistrict, which, for the record, the majority of the people want, and I don't mean the citizens of Texas. I can't speak on behalf of them, but the majority of the elected officials who would be voting on this will get it approved. Now, rezoning it means that it will become an even heavily or a more heavy red state. They're basically trying to topple the Democrat vote in the state as of this moment, putting them to different zones, different counties, different cities, all these things, different jurisdictions and precincts. So instead of voting for this and trying to rally the people around them, they decided to just up and leave the state for fourteen days until the vote is no longer up for vote. And what they don't understand is that what's about to happen, they are about to be subpoenaed, and if and when they do come home, they may be facing jail time for evading their jobs. But let's watch a little bit more here. This is from NBC ten in Boston, another heavily blue city where Texas Democrats have fled to. Now, I don't know anything about the bomb threat that was called in. I don't know for a fact that that had anything to do with the fact that the Democrats are staying this specific ozell or if that was a random act that just so happened to be at this place. I'm not big on coincidences. That being said, I don't think that that was being done as a scare tactic to make these dudes and ladies come back home. I don't see that. But then whenever you see with this video, things start to come a little bit more into focus.
Speaker 4: Crats remain far from home tonight.
Speaker 7: They are drawing attention to a Trump Trump backed redistricting plan and gaining support from deep blue states like here in Massachusetts. NBC ten political reporter Matt Pritchard is on it. He's live from Beacon Hill with the latest map. What can you tell us, well.
Speaker 8: JC Glenn. Texas Dems are clear that they are working trying to shift a narrative that they fled their state, even as penalties await them once they do return home. A Texas signed crowd when wait fight standing atop the state House steps, legislators from thirty five states showing support for Texas Democrats who left Austin in the midst of a Trump backed redistricting battle aimed at tipping the scales in five congressional districts and keeping the House in GOP hands come twenty twenty six.
Speaker 9: This is the only tool we have to stop them from doing something.
Speaker 1: It's going to steal the voices of so many.
Speaker 10: We are alerting the rest of the country what is taking place in Texas.
Speaker 8: They're absence, setting off alarm bells for Dems nationwide.
Speaker 2: What's happening in Texas? Matters to the people of Massachusetts.
Speaker 10: We have had a state senator in New Hampshire who has said that he is going to file legislation during the upcoming filing period to try to redistrict.
Speaker 1: But when it comes real quick, real quick, we're going to get back to it. But you boy just said, this is the only tool we have to fight for what we believe. See, you're telling me that the best way to do your job is to not show up for work Like this isn't a strike. You're an elected official. You don't get the option to strike like that. That is asinine out loud. And I'm not saying that because I am more right leaning than left leaning by any means. I would feel the same way if it was a bunch of Republicans that decide to just up and leave instead of vote, even though they're in a Democrat ran state. Like so, if you're not gonna stand and do the one thing that you were elected to do, you don't need that job anymore. That's just my opinion. I know I only speak on behalf of myself, But then the other one saying that what happens in Texas matters to Massachusetts. I think that might be the first time that that sentence has ever been uttered by a human being ever. I just it's funny to watch how these people rally around the cause that they actually don't care about. What do the people of Massachusetts care if Texas remains a red state? But all right, yeah, that's let's keep going.
Speaker 8: Comes to Massachusetts. Republicans are quick to counter that rhetoric.
Speaker 11: Governor Hanley talked about that this action by Republicans in Texas would force her hand.
Speaker 12: You know, what is there left to do? They've gerrymandered the entire.
Speaker 8: State in Texas, the House seeking a quorum for a third straight day, delaying the effort and leading Governor Greg Gabbott and state leaders to issue civil arrest warrants for those out of state and threatening outright removal from the legislature.
Speaker 4: All elected members should be here representing their districts.
Speaker 1: The people are on our side.
Speaker 2: They see how rigged.
Speaker 8: This is defiance echoed by DEM's here in New England.
Speaker 2: They're right, what will happen to them will eventually happen to us.
Speaker 10: That balance of power in Congress should be decided by the voters of this country.
Speaker 1: Now you notice they cut it off right actually said the power should be elected by the voters of this country.
Speaker 12: You mean the.
Speaker 1: Ones that elected these officials to hold that position. I agree with that, intimate, random white lady from Massachusetts, but I'm also going to throw out that if you elected a person to do a job and they just decided to not show up as a way to protect their what like, they're not going to protect anything. And even if they were to stay out of the state long enough to where this vote goes away, that doesn't mean that it's not going to be put up again for another vote. Given another month or six or whatever the case, like, this isn't going to go away by any means. So for a bunch of Texas lawmakers to abandon their post rather than you know, do the one job that they were elected to do, I find that to be cowardice, just speaking on behalf of myself. And again, if this was the roles were reversed and it was a bunch of Republicans that were fleeing instead of voting and doing the thing that they were elected to do, I would have the same kind of critique That is, that is ridiculous, And now they may be facing legal action if they return home.
Speaker 8: A question that I asked Texas deems was how long they could keep this up. They said they are taking it day by day and they certainly feel like this is a worthwhile exercise. Again though, once they get home, they realize this map may ultimately pass on Beacon Hill.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, all right, So anyway, if anybody wants to weigh in on this, please feel free this. This is mind blowing that you have elected officials that are running from their job that they were elected to do. Please royce.
Speaker 3: So I basically have a kind of a question. So on one hand, they're saying this, this is their only option, obviously that they realize that the vote could be brought up again. However, could this be a hey when in doubt, Like they're trying to basically send a message to anyone that to do this. So it's not necessarily just about this one issue, but it's like, hey, if you guys don't or have an issue that you don't want to vote on whatever, you can use us as a precedent. So could that be a reason why they're doing it? So not necessarily just for this case, but call it in this case democrats, you know, countrywide.
Speaker 1: I could see that for sure, they're trying to like start a precedence or at least have that conversation. But then let's take that a step further. So the next time that the state of Kansas decides that they want to vote on any hot button issue doesn't have to necessarily be for redooning and rezoning and redistricting. It could be for the legalization of a certain substance or you know, the legalization of I don't know, prostitution. It doesn't matter abortion, It could be anything, could be anything. So if you have a faction of the elected officials that know that their voice won't be heard, instead of going in and voting, they will just not show up as a way to prevent the vote from happening. And if that's the case, and if this goes on unchecked, how will any laws get passed in this country moving forward from this point on?
Speaker 3: Unless so, unless they want it to go their way, because because if it's so, then no problem, and God forbid a republic game or or whomever gets six or the day oh well, hey, you know, let's let's ye know, subpoena whatever.
Speaker 12: All that's fun, jazz and bullshit.
Speaker 1: But this is the thing, right, It's majority rule. That's how democracy runs. So if the majority wants one thing and the minority doesn't, then that's just kind of how the cookie crumbles. And if all these elected officials don't like the Texas being a red state, why don't they permanently move to Chicago and to Boston and to these places. See that's the other thing. In America, we do have the freedom of travel, and you can just pick up all of your belongings and move to another state and claim a new home of address, right, a new home of residency, and run for an elected official position in that spot. You don't have to stay in Texas. This is this is mind blowing that this has actually happened by grown adults. And I think you're right. If this does happen unchecked, this will set a very bad precedence because I could see this going even to a federal level. How do we know that we won't have half of Congress not show up because they know that they're gonna lose on whatever vote is about to be proposed. So instead of trying to make deals happen and have a little give and take and come to a common ground and do what's better for the for the good of the American people, which I understand that no political official cares about the American people. I get that, but just out loud on a hypothetical what's supposed to be versus what is right. If that's the case, they could just not show up for however long until the vote is supposed to pass, and if they're not there to vote for it, the vote can't pass and boom, mission mission accomplished. That that's mind blowing, Raven, what you got.
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 2: Like, is this because we are having such a narcissistic tendencies in our society now? Like it's that word gets thrown around a lot, but like isn't that kind of inherently a trade of Like, well, since it's not gonna go my way, I'm just gonna like make sure an avoid actively avoid all things. Like where does it end? How does this like why is this even being allowed to be something that's happening at all? Like this is not how any of this works, Like think about Rome, think about all the arguments, Like look at the Vatican, for example, when they have to vote in a new pope, how many days they deliberate and fight and argue and you know, kiss each other's ass to try to find who they want. I don't understand how this is even how things are gotten to this point, and how it's just allowed to keep happening.
Speaker 1: I don't understand it either. I to my knowledge, I'm sure something like this has happened before in American history. I just can't recall one off the top of my head. But even still, it's this is a sin actually school yard tactics of well, looks like we're losing the game. Well, you know what, I'm taking my ball and I'm going home. Nobody's winning this game. That's essentially what they're doing on a large, very important scale. I really do hope that Governor Abbott stands by wow, Okay, bad phrasing, but for lack of a better word, stands by his word and has these people see jail time for abandoning their posts. That's that's negligence, which is a criminal offense when done to this scale. So we will see how it shakes out. I don't know, they'll probably return. I hope that they return and vote on this and just face the music, and that this whole show of action of these people just gets blown under the rug of like, well, that was really dumb. You had, you had your moment, you had your little hissy fit there, blue boy, all right, time to come home and do your job. I know, it's a wild concept to do the job that you were hired to do. It's it's mind blowing these days, Royce. Please.
Speaker 3: So one of the things it seems like the Democrats try to I don't want to say fight for the minority, because you know, they're just trying to get votes. However, could they also try to see it as like they think that the minority should be the majority and could be listened to. So therefore, even though they are currently in the minority of what America wants, for example, they are like, all right, well, we really don't give a shit because you guys oppose us, and we we have our desires and wants and what we say goes and you just have to deal with it.
Speaker 1: I understand the premise of this, right, and that's the Democrats are definitely no longer the party of the minority that was their platform for decades, right, the marginalized groups, the ones who don't really have as much of a voice as the majority. So if all the minority groups will rally together, they can be heard on a larger scale, and they could be used to fight against the majority narrative, and especially in cases where the majority ostracizes and passes legislation to belittle and undermine the minority. I understand this one hundred percent and I get that, but that's not the case here as far as that conversation goes, the quote unquote minority groups that might have a conversation like this in Texas, all these elected officials were of the Caucasian persuasion, and they were all they weren't a part of any of the alphabet people minority groups, the LGBTQ, ELEMENTO P plus exclamation point, asterist community. So it's not like they're even representing those minority groups. From what I can tell here, it is Democrats that are afraid of losing whatever foothold they have developed in Texas, and so rather than trying to fight for their turf, so to speak, they decided to avoid the problem altogether and just leave until the vote is over, which is mind blowing. Still, it's yeah, Tony, you, being the Texas resident of the conversation, please weigh in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I didn't I wasn't paying attention to this, honestly, But I think this happened in Wisconsin in twenty eleven, and I could have sworn it to happened a few other times since then, and it's usually Democrats trying to prevent a quorum. I guess I can understand the flip side of the argument that you need a quorum of enough people to vote for anything, otherwise a minority in a legislature can get together kind of in secret or surreptitiously and override a majority opinion. So this whole quorum idea goes back pretty far in history, and like farther back than the Declaration of Independence. And I think even at the Declaration of Independence, they really wanted to get it at least fifty six or fifty eight legislators together, and they felt like they had a critical number and it couldn't be less than that, otherwise it would not be legitimate. But that also reminds me that there's lots of other ways for minorities to subvert the democratic process. And by minorities, I mean of my minority in a legislature. So Philip bustering is one way to pulld up votes and just prevent anything from getting passed. And another way, this isn't so much to prevent stuff from getting it passed, but yeah it is. But the House Speaker, for example, can assign a law to a committee where it's just gonna take forever to get the law written, and then it never gets passed because it's not the speaker's priority. And another thing, now this isn't so much about preventing laws from getting passed, but Congressmen often avoid responsibility for their votes by you know, voting according to acclamation or voting on something called tellers where they don't even record their votes. They just say, oh, well the eyes have.
Speaker 1: It or something right.
Speaker 11: And Thomas Massey has tried to say no, for this Cares Act, we're gonna have a roll call vote instead of just everyone saying, well, we all passed it together. I'm not gonna, you know, take responsibility for voting yes and putting my name on it just to prove by acclamation. So I know that's kind of a couple of tangents, but this is kind of what's wrong with democracy in general. There's no perfect system, obviously, but yeah, this kind of thing is almost to be expected.
Speaker 1: I agree, if I'm not mistaken, Senator Barack Obama voted he was only like a junior senator for like less than two years before he was nominated for the presidency, and I think the last time I looked at the statistics had been a few years, So forgive me if I'm a little off on the numbers here, but like somewhere around eighty five percent of the votes that he cast as a member of the Senate were present, not yay or nay, but like here, like he was present for role call. So yeah, one hundred percent. There's there's other ways that you can go about doing this without looking like spoiled brats about it. And again, out out of Texas, of all places, you wouldn't expect people to be so spineless and afraid of what's inevitably to come. I don't know. We will see what happens. As of now, they're saying that they may face legal action when they get home unless they come home quickly. I don't know.
Speaker 11: Well, one other thing, I grew up in California, and that's where I spent most of my life. I would say that Texas is California, but thirty years behind approximately because California was a Republican state when I was born. California voted sixty one to thirty nine against gay marriage in two thousand. But just the way things are going, everything Kathulhu swims slowly, but he swims to the left. So Texas is gonna be purple and then blewe someday.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, good Cthulhu reference dog. He doesn't give a shout out as much as he should, but yeah, good things. I hope that that doesn't happen, although, especially with the way that the past few elections have taken place, Texas is looking more and more like it's about to become purple, or, for lack of better words, just a swing state overall. Maybe not on the state level, but in federal elections and things like that. It's looking more and more like it's going to become a swing state here in the next definitely, I would say the next three presidential elections, if not the very next one. We will see what happens. But that's the thing. If this rezoning law happens, the redistricting law happens, maybe not. They're trying to do what they can to prevent that. But like you said, California traditionally was a red state up until two thousand and four. Mistaken it's kind of when it went hard to the other direction. I mean, yeah, you've always had your your big cities, right, La is always going to be blue, Sacramento, name your whatever state you currently reside in, the big city thereof is going to be blue. That's pretty much a mathematical certainty, with some very few exceptions. But the state overall isn't ran by a big city or two or three or four. But they're trying to make it so. And yeah, we will see. Right now, they've only been gone for a few days. This vote has fourteen days to pass, and as of this moment, the Texas political officials are all acting like they're willing to stay out of the state for two weeks as a way to prevent the vote from passing. And even if they are successful with that, and even if they don't face legal retribution, there is literally nothing preventing this vote for coming up again in six months or next month for that matter. There's nothing stopping that at all. Yeah, they'll have to restart the process of submitting it and getting it to the floor and all these things, but it's also prolonging the inevitable if the people really do want this. So anyway, I will keep everybody posted as more things about that transpire. Now as we're talking about the United States and political conversations, I thought it was interesting that Superman star Dean Kin has now said that he has joined ICE. This is a Newsweek article, but it's interesting. Nonetheless, let's talk about it here. Actor Dean Kin, known for his role as Clark Kent in Lois and Clark the New Adventures of Superman, says he has joined the Immigration and Customs Enforcement AKA ICE. But some critics are saying he is above the maximum recruitment age. Yes, that's what we need to be critiquing about this, not the fact that Superman, a well known Hollywood guy, is becoming an ICE agent that we need to get mad about his age. But all right, dope, why it matters? Cane start alongside Terry Hatcher, we talked about that the show Lewis and Clark New avengerans a Superman in the nineteen nineties. He was also the host of Ripley's Believe It or Not. I used to love that show. Last week, Trump the Yeah, President Donald Trump's administration launched an ICE campaign to help carry out its detention and deportation of migrants. The program promised a robust package of incentives, including a fifty thousand dollars signing bonus and retirement benefits. Not bad, your country is calling you to serve at ICE, Secretary of Homeland Security Christy Nome said in a press release on July twenty ninth, continuing the quote, your country needs dedicated men and women of ICE to get the worst of the worst criminals out of our country. This is a defining moment in our nation's history. Your skills, your experience, and your courage have no ever been more essential. Together, we must defend the homeland. And again, I'm not anti ICE by any means, but the campaign promises that we were told was that he was going to be going after the hardened criminals, not the people actually working at a job that were punching a clock that we're gonna get picked up from their job. As a matter of fact, he said he was gonna specifically not do that, but whatever. Anyway. On Tuesday, Kane said on x and Instagram that he joined ICE and encouraged his followers to do the same. I wonder if he, like you know, forwent the fifty thousand dollars signing bonus. I don't know his financial standings, but I just had this weird feeling that fifty k wasn't like that much of an incentive for him. I'm also wondering if because he's a I don't know, if you want to call him a B tier, C tier or even D or E tier celebrity, maybe he's getting some sort of like endorsement deal out of it. Will he actually be like, you know, carrying a badge and going through the academy and all of these things, or is it going to be more like a Steven Sagall being a New Orleans police police officer thing, which, for the record, is a real thing. It wasn't just for TV. They actually deputized Stephen Segall and followed him with cameras as he did police things in the city of New Orleans. But I don't know. Maybe Dean Kin is like actually trying to become a legitimate field agent. I don't know. Let's see, this is a direct quote from his X and Instagram. Hey everybody, Dean Kin here For those who don't know, I am a sworn law enforcement officer as well as being a filmmaker, and I felt it was important to join with our first responders to help secure the safety of all Americans, not just talk about it. The fifty nine year old began his one minute and thirty two second video, so I joined up. He's fifty nine and he's deciding to strap up for the cause. Wow. Since President Trump took the office, ICE has arrested hundreds of thousands of criminals, including terrorists, murderers, pedophiles, MS thirteen, gang members, drug traffickers, you name it. Very dangerous people who are no longer on the streets. Cain added that people who sign up will receive great benefits and can get to work right away. If you want to help save America, ICE is arresting the worst of the worst and removing them from america streets. He concluded the clip I like that, I voted for that, okay. At the time of the publication, the actors expost racked up over eighty two thousand views, five thousand likes, and three hundred and fourteen comments on Instagram. The views are hidden, though it had an additional two thousand likes and three hundred and eight comments. I think this might be the video. Let's see if we could play it.
Speaker 13: Hey, everybody, Dean Kine here And for those who don't know, I am a sworn law enforcement officer as well as being a filmmaker. I felt it was important to join with our first responders to help secure the safety of all Americans, not just talk about it. So I joined up, And here's your opportunity to join ICE. You can earn lots of great benefits and pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Since President Trump took office, ICE has arrested hundreds of thousands of criminals, including terrorists, rapists, murderers, pedophiles, ms thirteen, gang members, drug traffickers, you name it, very dangerous people who are no longer on the streets. You can defend your homeland and get great benefits like a fifty thousand dollars signing bonus. Think about that student loan repayment, legally enhanced retirement benefits, and special pay for those in the field operations and law enforcement roles. I don't get that special pay, but you also don't need an undergraduate degree. You can get to work right away. So if you want to help save America, ICE is arresting the worst of the worst and removing them from America's streets.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 13: I voted for that. They need your help. We need your help to protect our homeland and our families.
Speaker 1: So check into it.
Speaker 13: As I said, and joined today if it's something that tickles your fancy, because we can use you.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not necessarily, like I said, I'm not against ICE by any means. I think they're doing great work. I may not like the way they're going about it currently, but overall, I am a very big supporter of ICE. That being said, I being a content creator and I hate the fact that I have to use that term. It's very cringe worthy. I get it. I know an ad read when I hear one that was that was an ad read one hundred percent. But okay, so yeah, just thought it was worthy to bring up here. Dean Kine, former Superman and former Ripley's Believe It or Not host, is now an ICE agent. Like you say, he doesn't get the special field pay though, so you know, hey, take that for what it's worth. Okay, moving on. While we were talking about legal things, I thought it was a good time to bring up the fact that Army soldiers tackled a sergeant accused of opening fire at Fort Stewart. Five were wounded. This is a speech, or at least a statement that was given by Brigadier General John Loubas from the third Infantry Commanding General. Yeah, long story short, this guy opened fire and an army base. The dude was a logistics guy at that and he just lost his mind, I suppose, and decided he wanted to just take some guys out. He didn't actually kill anybody. Five were wounded, but they're all expected to make full recoveries. And that insert or joke about army shooting being dog shit, you know whatever, whatever. Now may not be the time for jokes, but I mean dark humors how we make through the hard times. Anyway, let's hear straight from the General himself about this tragedy and the events that unfolded.
Speaker 14: At forts to Shortly before eleven o'clock, an active duty soldier assigned to Fort Stewart, Georgia, shot and wounded five of his fellow.
Speaker 1: Soldiers here on Fort Stewart.
Speaker 14: Thankfully, all are in stable condition and all are expected to recover. The alleged shooter is in custody. We have re established security. I have lifted all lockdown measures on Fort Stewart and there is currently no threat to the local community. I'd like to recognize and thank our Army law enforcement and medical personnel, and our partners from local, state, and federal law enforcement and emergency services for their quick response and support. I would also like to thank the brave soldiers who immediately intervened and subdued the shooter. These soldiers, without a doubt, prevented further casualties. Our wounded soldiers were initially evacuated to Win Army Community Hospital right here on Fort Stewart. All arrived in stable condition, and three of the five required surgical intervention. Two have been transported to Memorial Hospital in Savannah, Georgia for additional care. We have identified the alleged shooter as Sergeant Cornelius Radford, an automated logistics sergeant assigned to second Brigade Combat Team. Sergeant Radford has not previously deployed to combat. Sergeant Radford has been interviewed by the Army Criminal Investigation Division and is currently in pre trial confinement awaiting a charging decision by the Office of the Special Trial Council. Right now, our primary focus is first on caring for our injured soldiers and their families, and also supporting the soldiers of the Spartan Brigade. All of the families of the victims have been notified and we're wrapping our arms around them and ensuring we provide them all the support that we can. Before I take questions, I want to remind you that this is an ongoing investigation and we're still gathering questions. Ladies and gentlemen on now take your questions.
Speaker 12: General Louis. Can you give us what unit he was assigned to and how long you're searching your army.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he is assigned to one of our sustainment units here in second Brigade Combat Team at Fort Stewart, and I will have to confirm how long he served.
Speaker 15: With us, Yes, Sir, respond him with the associated press as best you can know.
Speaker 12: And it's so early. Can you walk us through here.
Speaker 3: This happened, what happened in the shooting, and where the victims.
Speaker 12: Subordinates of the sergeants or where they eat people over him and ran? Yeah, right right now.
Speaker 14: It's premature and we're gathering a lot of the information. What we know is the soldier the shooting occurred at the soldier's place of work. It did involve his co workers. We're still not certain about the motivations, but again, he's been interviewed by Army investigators and we believe will gain more information here shortly.
Speaker 12: Do you know this is any kind of training exercise or they any brand n No, ma'am.
Speaker 14: We don't have any reason to believe it had anything do with with a training event. Other than that, I can't state the motivations for the soldier.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick, that was I understand that the press has to ask the hard hitting questions. Do we believe that the automated logistics sergeant did this as a training accident or any type of thing and arrange? But what No, clearly not, and he involved his coworkers. This probably took place in his office like they were probably in the bullpen of cubicles. But sure, all right, anyway, anyway, with that being breaking news, I felt like it was only right that we bring that up so and you could find more reports. Are still conducting their investigation, but essentially, homeboy walked in open fire. He got at least five rounds and five individuals before someone else in the office came up and tackled him. I did not see any pictures of him after the fact. I personally would like to believe that hopefully he had a broken jaw and a couple of broken ribs when they finally got cuffs on him. I don't know that for a fact, but old Cornelius spelled with a Q, I might add, Yeah, anyway, let's see here, there's at least Cornelius Radford, excuse me. The suspect has been identified as twenty eight year old Cornelius Radford, a US Army active duty automated logistics sergeant from Jacksonville, Florida, who was assigned to the installation. Army officials said Radford allegedly used a personal handgun in the shooting and was tackled by soldiers before being taken into custody. He has not deployed to combat, So before anybody gives some crazy PTSD situation as to what happened here, that is obviously not what took Now, I understand that that doesn't Combat is not the only place where PTSD comes from. I understand that, However, I also have a hard time believe that he's going to get the insanity case from this in any way shape and form. I mean, look at this guy, he was clearly the turd of his unit, right, I mean, without any other knowing anything else about him. Just looking at this guy and saying that he was active duty army, I could tell that he was obviously the shit bag of his group, you know, before hearing anything else. But yep, So anyway, more information about that is going to be coming out in the upcoming days. I am sure that every news publication is going to be speaking on it. Thankfully, none of the five victims of this atrocity were in any kind of critical care. The surgery was probably to just remove the bullets and stop the bleeding, but all of them are expected to make full recoveries at this time, and I thought it was worth bringing up here on the cage night now to put things on to a slightly lighter note. Is it a Rolling Stone article? I don't know if anybody's heard this yet or not. I just discovered this today my damn self, But apparently we now have the first derogatory term for an AI driven robot. Because we needed that, the public needed some type of a slur to call Tesla's new robotics and things clanker is the term the old dirty clankers are gonna take over and things like that. So the Rolling Stone is speaking on it. How clanker became the Internet's new favorite slur. New derogatory phrases are popping up online thanks to a cultural pushback against AI. Praise be to Jesus am I right, So clanker, wireback, cogsucker, I like that one too. People are feeling the escapable inevitability of AI developments, the encrow of the digital into everything from entertainment to work, and their answer slurs. Now, I understand that the robots are not going to be offended by these slurs being thrown out in things. However, I think that's just great. Clanker or wireback, that's a good one. Cogsucker might be my other favorite. Honestly, I think that one goes harder than clanker personally. But yeah, no, clanker is about the most non ominous, g rated one that you can come up with. However, if any of you have slurs that you would like to start calling the AI robots, I would love to hear them. I would love to hear them, and I think that there's no shortage of inspiration when it comes to this, right, So yeah, just everyone's clear here, clanker.
Speaker 2: We need to get like a list going of what AI slurs we can we can come up with. I guess we need to decide which ones are which and then pick slurs for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because at what point do we just say which one is just for AI on a computer, which one is for the robotics, which one are for the automation things or the manufacturers of these robotics. There's there's so many ways to go.
Speaker 14: Oil guzzler, oil.
Speaker 1: Guzzler, I like it, or well, not all of them take oil, but maybe like a data guzzler. It doesn't sound, it doesn't see, it's gotta be catchy, it's got a roll, right, I like oil guzzler. That's pretty good. I don't know. I don't know what I know.
Speaker 12: I said.
Speaker 1: I definitely have to think about that.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be funny. This is gonna be a thing that consumes hours out of my day. Like realistically, y'all, I have not been shy about my hatred of AI and my not fear I would say, very healthy skepticism of the robots and the AI that is taking over so many industries and so many jobs. But man, I like wireback. That's pretty that's pretty solid. Gearback. That might be another one too. I don't know. God, there's a lot, all right, So homework for everybody. We need more slurs for AI robots. And it's okay because they're not living entities, right, they don't have sentients allegedly, right, so it's okay to call them bad things. I'm good with this, all right. And for anybody out there listening, it's gonna say, well, how do you know that's mean? The robots have feelings. That's kind of the point then, So I like it. I like this a lot. We're gonna we're gonna I'm actually gonna put that out on the Culture Conspiracy as well. Uh, we're gonna do that probably the next live I want to hear people's AI robotics slurs. I love this, okay. Now, sticking on the American Conversation and the Tech Conversation, we talked about this a couple of weeks ago, where China and Russia had plans to build a nuclear power station on the Moon and it was planned for twenty thirty five. Right, the nuclear reactor, word power rese an exploration of the Moon's South Pole as part of the International Lunar Research Station Project. Now, because America can simply not be outdone by anyone ever, because that's just preposterous, NASA is aiming to build a nuclear reactor on the Moon by twenty thirty, five years before China and Russia's plans are to come through to fruition. Interim NASA Chief Sean Duffy will announce the ambitious goal this week. According to Politico, NASA is accelerating its plans for a nuclear reactor on the Moon. For several years now, the agency has been working to get a forty kilowatt fission system ready for launch on the Moon or to the Moon by the early twenty thirties, but Interim NASA Chief Sean Duffy is about to announce a more ambitious path via a directive set to be released this week. According to Politica, the reactor directive orders the agency to solicit industry proposals for a one hundred kilowatt nuclear reactor to launch by twenty thirty, a key consideration for astronauts return to the lunar surface. Political report on this Monday, August fourth, so all right, I'm still not in grants that I am not an expert in engineering or nuclear or anything like this. Okay, although I understand the concept of how nuclear fission produces power. Right, this thing gets really really hot, you make steam with that heat. The steam pushes through turbans, which spins them, creating electricity. Like, I know, I'm oversimplifying by a large spectrum, but that is the over under of how this takes place. I can put these pieces together in my mind. I got you, So I guess my question is how are you supposed to create steam in a vacuum? That doesn't make sense to me. Now, perhaps it is a completely enclosed system, right, But the only time I've seen an enclosed system like that be effective is like you could say, like the radiator in your car, But you're not producing steam, right, that's a coolant and it's okay to maintain its fluidity because of our atmosphere in our environment in space, how are you supposed to create enough heat? Because heat has to pass through a medium in order to be effective. The medium that we have on Earth would be our air. Steam has to be produced at a certain pressure point. Right, Water boils off at two hundred and twelve degrees fahrenheit, and depending on what your atmospheric pressure is, depending on how far away you are from sea level, depends on how much that fahrenheit has to be. How many jewels of energy is needed to heat the water to a point of going through the phase change from its liquid to gaseous state. How are you doing that in a vacuum with no air. I don't know, Raven, I saw your hand raised. Please weigh in.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious to us to how America thinks that they're going to beach China considering as of right now, China holds the record for the longest time being able to create energy in stabilized enough, which is like ten point nine seconds long. It's working. They're operating outside of everyone else. So I'm just confused as how they're going to beat them, considering we haven't even been able to stabilize long enough here on Earth to just it doesn't make any sense to me, because they've been struggling to be beating them quote unquote anyways, because China stepped away from everybody because Germany and it's like twenty five countries are working together, and was like nope, I'm doing it on my own, and then we are the first and have done it longer than anyone else so far.
Speaker 1: So when you say stabilizing, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: Like, it was stabilizing the fusion. So they were trying to get it to where it was going to cycle fast enough to be able to create energy and like be able to sustain it for a certain amount of time without it blowing up or anything. And so when they did it, they got it to like I think America had it at like eight point nine seconds or something, and then China came in and did like ten point nine or something like that. It was when they were doing the fusion reactor, they were like creating the energy, you know, trying to stabilize it long enough to generate massive amounts of power, and so they weren't. They still haven't been able to get it to actually go very long without it like trying to melt down everything.
Speaker 1: So I haven't heard about this, but okay, that being said, China is also.
Speaker 2: There's like a really good YouTube guy that's actually like a physicist that breaks it down and like shows the components of it and explains how they do it and all this stuff because it like, yeah, it was like really high tech, and he's like, let me make it really simple, and I'm like, yes, do that. So he kind of explained like they've been this has been going on for like seven or eight years now. They've been like actively working towards trying to get it because if they can get it to stabilize long enough, it can actually generated enough power for the entire world. And so that was the whole fight to the race of the energy war.
Speaker 1: And I mean, and just going off of let's just assume that China didn't steal the plans and improve upon them in some sort of way to get it to that point. I don't know that for a fact. I know China does that a lot with like military tech. I don't know how they've done it with the nuclear power tech. Maybe they haven't. Maybe they really did develop this completely organically on their own. Let's assume that that's accurate. I still have no idea how you're supposed to create steam on the moon. That sounds preposterous to me. And again I'm not a fit. I don't know. Maybe maybe the people in the International Space Station can totally boil water in the vacuum of space. I don't know, but it just I don't understand how any of this is actually supposed to happen, or is this just international flexing on something that's impossible. I don't know, Tony. I see you unmuted brother. You know way more about nuclear things than I do. Please weigh in.
Speaker 12: Yeah. I looked this up a little while ago.
Speaker 11: They're gonna use thermoelectric generators, which are like thermo couples, which I had heard of, and the ones i'd heard of could only make a few watts. But apparently they got better ones that can make kilowatts now, so no steam required, because I think that would have been an insurmountable obstacle for them. They just heat up one side of a thermo couple and you know, the heat transfer goes to the bolt side and you can get some some amps.
Speaker 1: Out of that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I've done that to scale, I mean to a smaller scale in industry. When I was an instrument sech these thermal couples all the time. But like like you said, we're talking about very small voltage. I mean, even if you were to upscale that, I how are you doing that? So you're talking about using the nuclear power, which you don't need oxygen for that. I understand this. So they're using the heat from the nuclear fission to transfer the heat from one side of the thermal couple to the other, which is then going to produce enough voltage to power a lab.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's exactly how it works. It's like having you.
Speaker 11: Know, thousands of thermo couples and series and all of those milli vaults just kind of add up.
Speaker 12: You get a voltage and an antbridge. The way a thermal couple works.
Speaker 11: Is you have two metals and two metal wires, let's say, and you connect connect them together on one end somewhere where it's cold, and connect them together at the other end where it's hot, and that will create circuit loop with a voltage on it. And in the process of that, here's the weird thing in the physics. The temperature on the hot side will go down a little bit and the temperature on the cold side will go up. The wire will just conduct the temperature through. That is the wildest thing. But you need that temperature difference and you need to maintain it so the fission reactor will stay it. I think two hundred or three hundred celsius or something, and then the cold side is gonna be cold, which on the Moon could be you know, really really cold, negative one hundred c or something and a bing bout of boom, you got some volts and ams.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, I'm I'm picturing it in my mind of how that would go, and yes, in theory, that would work. But dude, the metal historicity itself, like you might get it for a year or two before you're gonna have to send a whole team out there just to replace thermo couples left, right and center, because even just maintaining it in some way, shape or form, over time that metal is going to snap that. So you're gonna have constant teams out there because they can't reproduce the components to repair this on the moon. So they are now going to have to fund hypothetically, and even if America was to do this, China, Russia, America, doesn't matter a name. Country that's trying to make this happen on the Moon is going to, if not every six months every year, send up a repair team just to maintain and bring materials to make these repairs so that they could run a lab on the dark side of the Moon. That just doesn't sound feasible.
Speaker 11: I don't Yeah, I don't know if they think they can protect it from meteors or something, because those things are hitting the Moon all the time. And yeah, I guess we'll just have to find out the hard way.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing all the on the moon. Dude, one meteor hits the Moon at this nuclear reactor. We just had a bomb go off on the Moon like that. That's a real possibility, or even worse Chernobyl situation.
Speaker 11: Uh huh, No, there's a bit of a tangent. But there's a lot of uranium two thirty six on the Moon. I just learned this kind of recently, and it shouldn't be there. Uranium two thirty six has a half light of half live of twenty any two thirty five has a half life of seven hundred million years, and uranium two thirty eight has half light of four hundred four point four billion years. So two thirty five and two thirty eight are the only isotopes found on Earth. Uh, you know, all the other less stable ones cracked and disappeared eons ago. But somehow there's this other isotope on the Moon that shouldn't be there. I wonder if it got there through meteor or something.
Speaker 1: Now, that's fascinating. I haven't heard that either. Is it abundant or is it seen in like certain spots on the Moon.
Speaker 11: I think it's scattered everywhere from from what I saw it was on the Wi Files if you've ever heard of them.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love the Wi Files. I love that show.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and there's also this xenon on isotope C not ninety one on Mars that shouldn't be there either. That normally only comes about as a result of nuclear explosions. So some people think that Mars had a civilization.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, I'm gonna have to watch that episode of the Wi Files. Now, I've heard a lot of you know, me being the professional conspiracy the arsenal that I've heard a lot of things about Mars having his civilization on their surface at one point in time. There's a lot of argument as to how they got ice at the caps, how and why they're covered in rust? Why are they so iron rich as a planet. I haven't heard about the xenon that if not mistaken as a noble gas and You're right, that doesn't just that doesn't just happen in nature on its own, however, I mean we're talking about on Earth, maybe another planet that happens natrally. I don't know that that I've heard the conversation, and I don't inherently disagree or agree with it. It's more just into the realm of hypotheticals to say that Mars had a civilization and they nuke themselves to oblivion. But yeah, no, I'm with you on that though. If Mars or not Mars, I'm sorry. If the Moon has this abundantly readily available radioactive isotope, that's not the source of Like where would they get the radiation from? How would they have a reactor? Like they could source that one locally. I get that. The expensive metals that are gonna try to withstand that type of heat and that type of strain for any actual amount of time. Anybody who works in metal urge you'll know. I mean, yeah, you can find ink and nel, you can find monail, you can find even the high grade, super expensive metals to work those thermal couples. It's gonna have to be a yearly, if not every six months, maybe even more frequent than that to go up there and bring the materials just to make repairs on one of ten thousand thermal couples that are in series with each other. That I mean, yes, that's a better that's a more of a reasonable explanation than making steam on the moon. That's fascinating, But oh my god, that sounds like a logistical nightmare and a drain on whatever country is the guy the people to do it. Their tax dollars are going to be like solely wrapped up in this raven. Please weigh in.
Speaker 2: Well, since we're on the topic of space, I have like two things that I just was reading about recently. I don't know if you've heard about this, but there was two massive black holes that merged together.
Speaker 1: I have heard about this, but let's talk about it. So that.
Speaker 2: The report was just released July thirteenth that was talking about the cosmic collision of the two massive black holes. Approximately one and forty times the massive our Sun combined together to form a new black hole that's two hundred and twenty five times more mass than the Sun. And apparently when these two converge together, why it's so different is because the black holes appear to be spinning very rapidly near the limit that allowed is pretty much surpassing Einstein's theory of general relativity, and there is like the really really smart people you know are going over this and pretty much just like questioning. It's put these two black holes merging has put everything we thought we knew about black holes into like just we just don't understand it now at this point, like they're questioning so many different things. It's because the biggest black hole you can get from a supernova super nova is maybe a few dozen times the mass of the Sun, but this is one hundred one and forty times solar masses. Of the two of them is above the limit both of them before they converged, and so this is like it's it's a whole new record, and people are trying to understand what it means and why they're moving and flattening. They're flattening down when they converge. They're like changing time and space in and of itself. Because we know that black holes the time is different from the beginning to the middle to the end. Time ceases to exist the way that we understand, and so now that two of them have converged together, it's a huge issue pretty.
Speaker 1: Much, how far away is this from us?
Speaker 2: Let's see, uh, because.
Speaker 1: I heard about it just kind of but I don't know if it's is it in our galaxy or is it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we can see it, so it is doesn't need a GW two three one one two three for people that want to look it up. And it was picked up during the fourth observing run of the Ligo Virgo. What it is, it's the LVK network, which includes the observation so we can see it. It's detected in Italy and Japan, so they can see this. It's like at least where we can actually observe what's going on. It's the most massive black hole binary we've observed through gravitational waves, and it represents a challenge to our understanding what black hole formation means. So we can observe it, and like you can actually watch the videos of it and what they were able to see, and it's it's really kind of mind blowing to see the two of them come together. And then the other thing about we're talking about planets is the girl that's like twenty two twenty five, I can't remember exactly she's going to be the first person to go to Mars and never leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: Signed up again, she signed up in all of that stuff, and she's going to give up her life to go to Mars and stuff. And so, speaking of like putting things on planets, I'm curious to see if they're going to have a weight list of people that want to run this said, you know center, if they actually make it. But it reminds me of that movie when when the Moon got blown apart like in half. If a nuclear bomb would to go off on it, and wonder what it would do to our actual solar system, to.
Speaker 1: The solar system. Who knows to us on Earth that will screw up a lot of our biome because the Moon is an integral part to our circle of life, not just in tidal waves or how plants grow, but how even animals move. It's that is terrifying as a thought, which is why I don't understand why they think building a nuclear reactor. And it's all on the dark side of the moon. None of it is what we would be able to observe with a telescope. They are all talking about doing this on the opposite side, and we have no idea how many times the Moon gets hit by outside things. We see all the craters and it gets hit all the time. I don't know if the dark side gets hit more often than the light side. I kind of think so. But that even being said, you're one piece of space trash away from potentially having either a a nuclear explosion on the Moon or b ruining the nuclear reactor and the entire planet being so for lack of better words, infected or as I say, contaminated by a nuclear radioactive waste, that nobody will be able to go there again. Which I know that some people think that humans haven't been back to the Moon, and maybe there's more reasons to that than we originally thought. But yeah, I don't I don't see any of this as a positive. I think it's like a cool science experiment. But man, they are going about it with some fervor behind it, and the Moon by twenty thirty that's even assuming the next administration will continue the funding for this price. Now, China and Russia, their administrations as of this moment, are at no risk of losing their power, so them having a goal set for twenty thirty five, it's a very viable talking point to say that Ji and Putin will both be in charge in twenty thirty five. I don't necessarily think that so, but I don't also necessarily think false either. It's that it could go either way. But I know for a fact that the Trump administration won't be there in twenty thirty or even five years from now. So well, yeah, it's twenty thirty, I should say the next election, if the Democrats win, they could pull the funding for this and all of these this funding and science and all that was for nothing, go ahead, Raven.
Speaker 2: So I started looking at videos and I dropped on a chat. I haven't actually watched all the way three, but I was looking at videos because it's been a long time since I watched what the progression of fusion energy war is. It looks like they've stabilized it three times so far from different countries. So and but it's not very long though that that's the thing, Like.
Speaker 12: They can.
Speaker 2: Here, So how are they going to have to stabilize it there, let alone get all of the material up there and account for it. Like we're like, you know, simpletons when it comes to this stuff, compared to these genius people like I don't understand how they're going to have the material to be able to withstand this long term and everything else, Like, why not try to at least establish fusion here to support all of the world instead of building more of those massive nuclear because like China right now is like really pushing for condominance over energy because they're building that massive reactor, that nuclear program that they have going on to so they're just dumping billions and billions into into fusion, into the into nuclear and now into this. Like, I just don't understand why they need to feel the need to do it on the dark side of the moon when it has no real effect here on us, considering we could build it here and actually have fusion for everyone here.
Speaker 1: I honestly don't know. China's got a hard enough time feeding their people without worry about producing power for their people. But you know what, let's watch at least a little bit of this. It's a ten minute video. We're not gonna watch all of that, but let's pick up at the tokomac and maybe that'll shed some light on One of these newer programs.
Speaker 9: Is within a device called tocomac. A tocomac apparatus has a toidly shaped chamber in which magnetic solid fields create and confine the plasma. These magnetic fields are produced by refrigeration appliances to the adherents called superconducting magnets. The nearly absolute zero a few degrees above minus two hundred and seventy three zero point one five degrees celsius inside the tocomac are hydrogen isotopes like deuterium and tritium, heated until they turn to plasma. Thereafter, magnetic fields are arranged so the plasma is confined long enough so that the two nuclei as the particles collide, will fuse and create energy. This is a very difficult job to achieve with machine building, and that's where ITER proves to be an absolutely important mission. The ITER tokomag is the largest and most complex fusion device ever designed and built. More than a million pieces and ten million different components must fit together with the tightest tolerances. Clearly, it shows ITER to be an international venture. Components come from several parts of the world. In total, thirty five nations are involved with building and running ITER, so it is one of the most significant international collaborations of countries acting together in history. The idea for building ITER began in the nineteen eighties when Mikhail Gorbachev, representing the Soviet Union, and US President Ronald Reagan proposed an international fusion initiative. In this era, as the Cold War was coming to a close, the two leaders saw new energy for all of humanity in nineteen eighty six. The counterpart to the formal launch of the ITER project was those subsequent years, as more states joined in, including members of the European Union, Japan, China, India, South Korea, and of course Russia. It is at this moment that ITER, with the choice of the best location in France and the necessary infrastructure, began construction in twenty ten. Since then, thousands of scientists, engineers and construction workers have applied their efforts to implement the project. The very technicality of a Tokomac meant it was designed to overawe the user. The sum of its parts, from the superconducting magnets to the cooling system, calls for sophistical to technology and fine engineering. For example, the cryostats, the largest thing less steel vacuum chamber ever built in the world, was fabricated in India, pre assembled and then shipped to France, where it was finally assembled.
Speaker 1: Now that's interesting as well. So I didn't know about this new way to make nuclear power happen. But they need negative two hundred and seventy degrees celsius, which is super cold. You may not need as much effort to get it that cold in space and the vacuum chamber itself. I mean, you're not gonna be able to just use space as vacuum for that purpose because it has to be enclosed. I understand this, But that's interesting. I wonder if the Moon might provide a better environment to make newer forms of fission or fusion work in that regard. That's very interesting. Okay. I mean I do want to watch this later on, but I don't want to spend ten minutes of this episode watching this video. But wow, Okay, Raven, thank you for bringing that to our attention. Okay, Well, speaking of international things, Trump has now imposed another twenty five percent tariff on India. We're not going to spend too much time on it, but we do have a quick clip to talk about it.
Speaker 16: Let's go today, President Trump imposed an additional twenty five percent tariff on India. The additional tariff follows Trump's previous twenty five percent tariff on Indian imports. The White House calls the new tariff a necessary and appropriate punishment for India's imports of Russian oil. This action is the president's first use of so called secondary sanctions on countries the US says are fueling Moscow's war machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we kind of knew that one was going to come. I also don't believe that Mody is that concerned with it as of this moment. Trump's doing this whole tariff thing, and all right, cool. So now India's under fifty percent tariffs, which honestly, tariffs are kind of a second cousin to embargoes when used in this manner. I see what you're trying to do, Donald jay I get it. But India's got more than enough buyers of their goods, and they don't have an issue buying Russian oil. They're going to do what's best for their people, regardless of America's opinion on it. So I have a feeling that we're gonna see those tariffs climb even higher in the following weeks. I don't know that for a fact. It just wouldn't shock me. But moving on here, we do have something else that's going on in DC, and Trump gave a statement that honestly kinda makes me uneasy. Let me know what y'all think about this. I'm gonna turn the volume down because there's not a lot of talking until the very end here. So for anybody who doesn't know, doose employee was assaulted and fueled Trump's threats to federalize DC. Word Coorchristine, also known as quote unquote big Balls Online that's his online alias, was nearly carjacked by a group of teens, according to a Washington Metro police report. Yeah, he was getting into his car and like ten teenagers basically surrounded him. Beat the absolute dog shit out of this boy. Look at him. This is the guy. This is an old big balls himself here. After the incident, President Donald Trump posted a photo reportedly of a bloodied courtisine Chorstein. I don't know what you mean. Reportedly, you can look at it and see that, Yeah, he's bleeding like crazy. And this is when Trump made the claim that he wants to federalize DC.
Speaker 15: I don't like a young man who was beat up by a bunch of thugs in DC. And neither they're going to straighten their act out in the terms of government and in terms of protection, and we're gonna have to federalize and run it the way it's supposed to be run.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. I don't like federaling a city, even if it is Washington, d C. I understand that it's its own thing, it's the District of Columbia. I really just don't like federal things being interwoven into people's lives any more than they already are. But yeah, so, and there's still there's this big conversation happening, and this is kind of breaking news. It only happened a few hours ago as of time recording, so I don't know if this attack was because your boy is a member of the Doge Committee, or more than likely because DC is a cesspool of underprivileged youths doing gang violence. I remember when I lived in southeast d C, which is at the time not a nice area of the city. That's where I was stationed. You couldn't go three blocks away from our barracks to the local store without the possibility of getting jumped. As a matter of fact, me and a buddy of mine almost did one day. We almost got robbed. Now, thankfully the uh, the youths for lack of better words, thought better of their actions before they did it. But yeah, it was a little bit of a situation. We even laughed about it, like, I don't know how they thought that was gonna go, but like we were ready or so, we thought these dudes probably had guns or something like that. We weren't armed at the moment, you know, we we were Marines, but we were also in the metropolitan area of Washington, DC. You can't just carry a weapon there. So yeah, it's crazy how the places with the strictest gun laws also have very high crime rates. But that's taught for another day anyway. Yeah, I don't know if this had anything to do with the fact that he is a Doze employee. I don't think so. Off the rip, however, it's not a good look for DC, and now it's got Trump talking about federalizing the city. It's not a good sign. Not a good sign at all all. Right, Now, as we're kind of getting towards the end of the episode, let's shift gears a little bit to something that is a little bit more comical. Here. This is a report from the Moscow Times. Now I understand there is going to be some that say that this is or is not credible sources. There was another one from the Ukrainian Times. This report comes from multiple outside sources that are not involved in the Russia Ukraine conflict. But apparently Russia's war against Ukraine has seen an explosion in HIV rates. Let's talk about it here. Russia's HIV statistics and dynamics were far from encouraging long before the full scale invasion of Ukraine, but the war has dramatically worse in the situation. In the first year of the war, according to Defense Ministry data, the recorded incident of HIV among military personnel soared by more than forty times. The demographic and economic losses Russia will suffer as a result of this outbreak will have repercussions for decades and may ultimately even exceed the damage it has sustained from its invasion of Ukraine. The number of people living with HIV in Russia passed the one million mark back in twenty sixteen. That's almost one percent of the population to or about one point five to two percent of working age people, and does not include those who simply did not get tested. Even at that stage the epidemic could still have been brought under control. There is a vast accumulated experience of fighting HIV around the world. Had there been the political will, it would have been enough to increase the Health Ministry's budget for tackling the bread of HIV and to introduce proven methods of prevention instead of relying on outdated and harmful ideas about family life and quote unquote moral staples. Now don't I don't know what the Russian ideas of family life and moral staples are, but I don't necessarily think that those are harmful. They might be again, maybe they're telling their people to do some horrendous things to themselves and calling it moral. I just have a hard time seeing that. They're probably talking about like abstinence or things like that. I don't know. I don't know. But the HIV spread is not just from intercourse or things like that. It's also being fueled by a lot of drug use as a matter of fact, on the front which and it's not just on the Russian side. I understand the Ukrainians are doing a lot of this as well. But you'll have that whenever you have people who didn't want to fight that are forced to the front. Look at Vietnam. How many of our soldiers came back from Vietnam after being drafted to go there, came back strung out on all types of drugs because you find yourself in hell that you didn't volunteer yourself to go to, and you're willing to do whatever it takes to get your mind off it for a bit, including injecting or shooting up or smoking or whatever the case would be, of some sort of a list substance. And not all conditions in the trench warfare that the Russians and Ukrainians have found themselves in are the most hygienic, So needle sharing has become more of the reason for this epidemic, but let's keep talking about it here. Modern antra anti retrovenal retroviral Jesus therapy ART, which is prescribed to every person newly diagnosed with the HIV for the rest of their life, is not cheap. Even before the war, only a few wealthy regions could afford to fully finance it for all who needed it. The health ministry tried to switch to cheaper domestic generics of Western drugs to cut costs but HIV organizations were already reporting disruptions in the availability of essential drugs even before the war. Now, wartime priorities have exacerbated the problem. The proportion of HIV patients receiving treatment has now fallen below fifty percent in Russia for the first time in many years. The wartime wave of repression against civil society proved to be the final nail in the coffin of Russia's already weak system of assistance for people living with HIV. The Elton John Foundation, the world's largest sponsor of NGO's working in the field of HIV, was declared and quote unquote undesirable organization, forcing Russian organizations to stop any cooperation with it. Yeah, Russia decided that the Elton John found Nation was one of those undesirable organizations. Fair, okay. This The designation of LGBTQ plus element of PQRSTUV Excavation point Asterisk people as an extremist movement quote unquote has further increased the cross stigma around both the gay community and the issue of HIV. Yeah, HIV is no longer just a gay thing, by the way, I know. It was seen as that in the eighties. But that is way more often than not these days really got nothing to do with the gay community, and it hasn't for the better part of two decades, I might add. But all right, However, the greatest impact has been caused by the war itself. Epidemiologists say that the risk of HIV spreading at the front increased with blood transfusions and the reusing of syringes infield hospitals. Right, that's that's what it is. Syringe and bad blood transfusions at the front. Clearly, that's the dirty needles that we're talking about. Sure, people who take ART every day are no longer infectious, but when soldiers are living in trenches in conditions of round the clock shelling, the uninterrupted supply of administration of ART is hardly realistic. Meanwhile, irregular treatment is even worse than no treatment at all, since it can cause the virus to become drug resistant and get passed on in that new mutation. The problem is so grave that it has been officially acknowledged even by Defense Ministry doctors. The number of new HIV cases detected in the armed forces grew fivefold from the first quarter of twenty twenty two to the fall of the same year. By the end of twenty twenty two, it increased by thirteen times, and by the beginning of twenty twenty three, peak growth was recorded at more than fortyfold. By the end of the same year, the HIV detection rate among military personnel was about twenty times higher than before the war. Y'all that was in twenty twenty three. The statistics right now are exponentially worse. Such high transmission rates can be explained by the fact that HIV is not just passed on in war through wounds and their treatment. The two more traditional transmission transmission channels unprotecting sexual contact including sex with workers or with sex workers, I should say, and sharing needles to inject drugs have not disappeared. On the contrary, according to independent journalists, both are thriving in an army of men who are earning decent money and live every day as if it was their last. And I get that, you know you're going to have You're going to have sex, work and drugs anywhere where that type of warfare is being done again, we only need look at Vietnam. But anyway, despite the surge of HIV cases in the Russian armed forces. Testing positive for the disease is still officially cause for being declared unfit to serve in the military. At the conscription stage, this rule is generally followed. There have been reports of draftees buying fake certificates for positive HIV and hepatitis tests in order to avoid being sent to the front. Yeah, I'll bet there have been at the front itself. However, these rules are no longer so closely observed. Independent media and social media are full of stories of commanders on the ground refusing to let soldiers leave the front no matter what conditions they are in, because manpower is in short supply. Yeah, that's happening on both sides. By the way, that's not just a Russian problem by any means. Worst of all, no epidemiologists is prepared to say that the explosion of new HIV cases is confined to the military and that it is caused by army specific factors. The dynamics among the rest of the population could be just as bad. The rise may have been spotted because military personnel, along with pregnant women, migrants, and professionals including pilots and chefs, who are subject to mandatory HIV testing. One Russian publication reported that in fourteen Russian regions, the proportion of pregnant women testing positive for HIV is now regularly more than one percent. That, according to the World Health Organization standards, is another symptom of the transition to a generalized HIV epidemic when there is no longer any point in talking about at risk groups quote unquote in that particular country. Wow, just so we're clear here, here's some other statistics for people. Russia has been among the top five countries in terms of HIV cases since twenty twenty two, accounting for a three point nine percent of the one point five million new infections worldwide. Only South Africa, which is fourteen percent of all new cases, Mozambique six point five percent of all new cases, Nigeria at fourteen point nine percent, in India at four point two percent have more new cases, and the latter two have significantly larger populations than Russia. That is that is pretty pretty insane. So, yeah, there's things going on at the Ukrainian Russian front, and I know that people are hearing right now that they may be coming to the table for a ceasefire conversation. This might be the final thing. I just I don't see it. I don't see it as of this moment. Realistically, Russia is still making their forward advance into a few regions as we speak. They just launched a massive three prong offensive in the past two weeks. They gained some ground, not a lot, but they are still gaining ground. So and it was at the cost of a lot of lives and a lot of equipment, thousands of pieces of equipment, I might add, And we don't even want to talk about the death toll, or we should just say the Kia not well, I guess for lack of Let's call them casualties, because a lot of these guys are not going to return to the front, but they still have their lives. Some reports are saying that it's even over a million for the Russian side, and it's not like the Ukrainian side is much better. It's but not by leaps and bounds. So now we have HIV that is making people battlefield casualties, allegedly if they're allowed to lead the front. Anyway, I thought it was interesting to bring up this one was actually dropped by raven STI epidemic slows as new syphilis gonerhea cases fall in the United States, the CDC says, well, hey, that makes me happy. Rates of sexually transmitted infections appear to be leveling off after decades of growth in the United States. According to the latest statistic from the CDC, STIs remain at record levels, but new cases of chamytee and sephius could finally be stabilizing, while cases of goneriea have declined for two years in a row. Large discrepancies in STIs persist for certain populations, with adolescents, gay men, and black individuals bearing much of the burden. Well, that doesn't make me happy, but the fact that these levels are leveling off and are reducing in certain cases, that really does make me happy. Let's see. Overall, the total number of STIs decreased by one point eight percent between twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three. We can read this one here. It says more than two point four million cases of chlamydia, goneriea, and syphalis were reported last year, the vast majority one point six million, where chlamydia followed by gonnoia six hundred thousand and syphilis a little over two hundred thousand. Wow, there's a direct quote from Bradley Stoner, a doctor and the director of the Division of STD Prevention at the National Center for HIV Viral Hepatitis STD and TB Prevention at the CDC. Good God, the moniker on that guy's door. We are at the infection point in the epidemic. This report is encouraging in a number of areas, but it also shows that we have a lot of work to do. We still have a lot of STIs in the United States, and they're not equally distributed. Okay, the way that word it was weird. Does he want them equally distributed or he wants them just eradicated as a whole. Okay, the data confirms discrepancies and disease burdens. Stoner noted rates of SCIS are not equally distributed, with certain groups including gay and bisexual men, black people, and young adults age fifteen to twenty four disproportionately affected. That's not new. I don't like that. But that's also not like new information. But anyway, all right, now, let's kind of take things to a lighter note, shall we, as are still talking about crazy things in the sexual realm. This is an article from the BBC. A tie woman was arrested for blackmailing monks with thousands of videos after sex. Yeah, so that's a thing with Buddhist monks. A lot of them are supposed to abstain from sex, but there was more than a handful of them, about a thousand that were hiring a tie lady of the evening. I'm gonna try to keep it as respectful as I can. She was then black mailing these dudes and extorting millions from them. Let's read it in here, ty. Police have arrested a woman who allegedly had sexual relations with monks and then use photos in videos of the acts to extort money from them. The woman, who police are calling Miss Golf, had sex with at least nine months. Police said at a press conference on Tuesday, they believe she received around three hundred and eighty five million bot which is almost twelve million dollars over the past three years. Investigators who searched her house found more than eighty thousand photos in videos used to blackmail the monks. The police spokesperson said this scandal is the latest to rock Thailand's much revered Buddhist institution, which in recent years has been plagued with allegations of monks engaging in sexual offenses and drug trafficking. Police said the first case sorry the case first came to their attention in mid June when they learned that an abbot in Bangkok had suddenly left the monk hood after being extorted by a woman.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 1: Miss Golf quote unquote had a relationship with the monk in May of twenty twenty four. Police said. She later claimed to have his baby and demanded child support of more than seven million bots. They added. Authorities then discovered that other monks had similarly transferred money to Miss Golf, which police called her modus operandi orm O, her standard going procedure, if you will. Police added, they found that nearly all of the money has been withdrawn and some of it had been used for online gambling. Bro if that is, oh man, oh, the jokes right themselves. That's hilarious. When investigators searched Miss Golf's house earlier this month, they seized her phones and found more than eighty thousand photos and videos that she had used to blackmail the monks. She was facing multiple charges including extortion, money laundering, and receiving stolen goods. Police have also opened a hotline for people to report misbehaving monks quote unquote, uh wow. The scandal has prompted the Sunga Supreme Council, the governing body for Thai Buddhism, to say it will form a special committee to review monastic regulations. The government is also pushing for harsher penalties, including fines in jail time, for monks who breached the monastic code. Whoa can you imagine if they did that? For just religious leaders around the world, if you were to step outside of the oath that you took as a religious figure, you could face actual jail time. Now, I'm not talking about for things that are obviously illegal, like you know, pedophilia or something horrible like that, but that is a crazy precedence to set. I'm not against it, but damn okay. This week, Thailand's King vijar longcorn v Jai raw Longcorn Yeah, revoked a royal command he had issued in June conferring higher titles to eighty one monks. He cited the recent cases of misconduct, which he said have quote caused Buddhists to suffer greatly in their minds end quote. Yeah. In Thailand, there where more than ninety percent of the population identify as Buddhists. Monks are highly revered. Many time men also choose to temporarily ordain as monks to accumulate good karma. Okay, but the Buddhist institution has been plagued by scandals in the recent past. You'll have that with people who temporarily do things, you know, instead of taking a lifelong goal and take the discipline to achieve that lifelong goal, and they just do it for a season of their life. You'll you'll have some scandals that will come up as a portion of that. Where a Paul Suk Paul, I'm sure I'm butchering that pronunciation, a jet setting monk known for his lavish lifestyle, made international headlines in twenty seventeen when he was charged with sex offenses, fraud, and money laundering. And in twenty twenty two, a temple in the northern province of Pechabun was left without any monks after all four of its monks were arrested in a drug raid and were disrobed.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: So yeah, as we're talking last week about the Thailand Cambodia Conversation, found it interesting that they arrested a woman for blackmailing monks with eighty thousand pictures in videos and got a little under twelve million dollars eleven point nine million dollars US in extorting these dudes over the past couple of years.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Moving forward here, We're not going to spend too much time on these things, but we did. We do need to talk a little bit about this here. The US and Europe are condemning Iranian intelligence threats on Western soil. So apparently, the United States and thirteen allied countries have accused Iran of plotting to kill, kidnap, and intimidate individuals in Europe and North America, citing violations of sovereignty and links to international criminal networks. This is a direct quote here. These services are increasingly collaborating with international criminal organizations to target journalists, descend dissidents, Jewish citizens, and current and former officials, the US State Department said in a joint statement with European countries. They include the United Kingdom, Albania, Australia or I'm sorry Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czechia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, and Sweden. The governments called on Iranian authorities to immediately halt the activities and pledged to work together to prevent further threats. On Monday, of Belgian lawmaker of Iranian descent, Daria Safai, said the European Countries police warned her of an Iranian plot to abduct her via Turkey after she backed labeling the Revolutionary Guards a terrorist group. Wow, and this is not without its precedents, right, we just talked about this a couple of weeks ago. They found Iranian spies in Cyprus that we're also trying to We don't know if they were just gaining intelligence for a military operation or if they were trying to plan and attack. Last we heard they were still trying to ascertain the over under on the details. That being said, we know that Iran Iran has spies all over the earth. That's not a secret to anybody. But all these countries are basically saying, yo, we know what you're doing and you need to stop. And for the record, this isn't un terroristic of them. To the links to the international criminal networks, Yeah, I think you can only find and Tony, you brought this up last time. There's only like one or two Islamic fundamentalist terrorist organizations that are not directly connected to Iran. So to say that these terrorist organizations are involved with the targeting of journalists, dissidents, Jewish citizens, and former and current officials, that's not new. That's kind of terrorist one oh one. So with all of that, these countries are coming together and telling Iran to stop. Now that being said, this is an article from Al Jazeera. A man was arrested for spying for Iran before possible attacks in Germany. Iran's embassy in Berlin swiftly rejects allegations. After a man is arrested in a neighbor in neighboring Denmark, a danish Man has been arrested on suspicion of spying in Germany on behalf of Iran, on an allegation swiftly denied by the embassy. German prosecutors on Tuesday said the man, identified only as Ali s under German privacy laws, was suspected of conducting the surveillance in preparation of further intelligence activities in Germany, possibly including terrorist attacks on Jewish targets. I'm not you know, Germany doesn't have like a really big Jewish population, right, like they have some, but there's not a lot of them anymore, for you know, reasons, you know, read a history book at some point. But okay, for intelligence activities in Germany, and yes, possibly an attack, probably just spy operations. I don't know, Tony your thoughts.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna say the Sony she has split is pretty important. And al Qaeda and ISIS are definitely not affiliated with Iran in any way. Hesbal as their main I guess you could call terrorists militia, and they have had some relations with Hamas but not much, and the same thing with the hu Thies. But yeah, Iran, I guess I don't consider them the chief state sponsor of terrorism. I would think something like Saudi Arabia would be.
Speaker 8: How not.
Speaker 1: I mean, even if, yeah, you're right about the Sunni and she has split, I'm with you one hundred percent, But at that point it's also enemy of my enemy, right.
Speaker 11: Well, I think personally I think the Sonis are a bigger problem than the Shia. But that's just a matter of personal opinion.
Speaker 1: I guess on what grounds I'm not trying to necessarily like straw Man or steel Man, you hear, but go deeper on that if you could.
Speaker 11: The soonis well, that's that's al Qaeda, that's Osama bin Laden.
Speaker 12: Those are the only America the only enemy America has really had over there. In my opinion, that.
Speaker 11: The Iranians kicked America out in nineteen seventy nine and we haven't had an embassy there since. But al Qaida they're the only ones who really struck over here. And Faisal Shazade I think was soon he actually I don't know this. This gets into a lot of you know, one on one by one events and people and fair ye who But I'd say they're pretty much all soony. I mean, that's our biggest problem.
Speaker 1: I get that. But even still, you look at the most brotherhood hamas, the Houthis. I mean, I'm not saying they're like all lead like they they're getting their orders from a rambin any means. But they're being funded, they're being armed. I don't think they're being trained necessarily. If they are, it's it's piss poor training at best. But yeah, I mean you're right there is at least some sort of a breakdown between But I mean that's not just of terrorist cells. That's a breakdown of the Islamic religion as a whole, from the Sunni and the si I, to the to the Kurds, to the Drus, to the Alawad, to the the Basque to you there, there's I'm with you there. There's levels to that for sure. But most of the terrorist organizations that are going after Israel anyway, I think have pretty decent connections to Iran.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I think I agree with you on that. And the Shia allied part of the world never tires of pointing out that why doesn't al Qaida ever attack Israel?
Speaker 12: Why does an isis separate attack Israel. So that is kind of something.
Speaker 11: That the Iran people should definitely want America to to change its opinion on. They want to say, hey, you know, America, we're more friendly to you than than the al kind of Isis Israel axis, which you know, maybe partly in their imagination, but that's how they portray it.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's probably something to be said for that, for sure. And in the same spirit of Iran trying to you know, not necessarily change their tomb, but being about this kind of conversation here, they're also kind of cleaning House internally, Iran says spy was executed for passing nuclear secrets to Moussad so. Iran said it has executed a man caught working as a spy for Israel's Mussad intelligence agency, accusing him of passing one secrets, including information about an Iranian nuclear scientist who was killed in Israel's recent attacks. This is from Newsweek, by the way, long story short, why it matters here. The reported execution reflects Iran's intensifying efforts to root out suspected espionage following the twelve Day War in June. If we're gonna really call it a war, wow, twelve day bombing, but all right, which saw Israel and US strike Iranian nuclear facilities. Amir Hatami, the commander in chief of Iran's military, warned on Sunday that threats from Israel persisted in that Iranian forces were ready for operations. Iranian state media reported Iran executed three men charged with spying for Israel on June twenty fourth, as part of a sweeping crackdown. Human rights groups have condemned a wave of hundreds of arrests and warned that the government is using the June conflict as a pretext to escalate repression. Rights groups have also cited concerns over confessions. I mean again, you'll kind of have that what to know. The Iranian news agency s n N or Student News Network That's yeah Okay, reported that a man named ruseb Vedi had been found guilty of espionage and intelligence cooperation in favor of the Zionist regime and was hanged on August fifth. According to the case documents of rusbe Vedi's statements, the man was fully aware of his cooperation with Mussad spy terrorist service and deliberately collaborated with the Zionist enemy. The S and M reported, according to an unofficial translation of its report, I love that the defendant was an act was active in one of the country's important and sensitive organizations, and given the level of access he had had become an attractive subject for the Zionist regime's spy service. It said. This is the report. By the way. The news agency did not elaborate on which organization he was working for, but said he had traveled to Vienna five times, including for training where he met Mussad agents in the course of his extensive cooperation with the Zionist regime. Quote unquote, the man quote provided information to Mussad spy service about one of our country's nuclear scientists who was martyred in the recent Israel Israeli aggressions and m reported, So is that what they hung him for? For acknowledging that Israel in fact did kill a nuclear scientist of one of the bombs. Because I thought that we kind of knew that, we knew that it wasn't a massive loss of life when the bombs were hitting the nuclear sites. There were some there were some like scientists that were on site that day that died and things like that. So if this guy just confirmed the name of one of the scientists that died, was that enough for him to be publicly hung. I don't know. I don't know. I know Roan does things a little on some might say the extremist side. Vadi had been placed under surveillance after he returned from one of his trips abroad and was arrested quote when his connections and cooperation with the Zionist enemy were discovered. As an In said, they love just throwing out that Z word, don't they. That's a whole thing. Anyway, Moving on, here we could go to the next topic of conversation. Sudan accuses the UAE of funding Colombian mercenaries to fight alongside the RSF in a civil war. This is kind of an interesting one here, so this is from Cayo Sorry, Cairo Associated Press. Sudan has accused the UAE of sending Colombian mercenaries to fight alongside the Parliamentary Rapid Support Forces against the military in the country's civil war. The Foreign Ministry said in a statement Monday that the Sudanese government has irrefutable evidence confirming mercenaries from Colombia and some neighboring African countries were sponsored and financed by Maraudi authorities. The statement didn't share the evidence or name the neighboring countries. So they got the proof. We're not going to talk about the proof, but we got it anyway. Is a direct quote here from the Foreign Ministry. This unprecedented phenomenon poses a serious threat to peace and security in the region and across the continent. The Foreign Ministry set asserting that hundreds of thousands of mercenaries were hired from across the African continent, and an email statement to the Associated Press. The UAE's Foreign Ministry said the government categorically rejects the allegations and denied involvement in the war by backing armed groups. The UAE emphasizes that these claims are merely attempts to derail the peace process and evade moral, legal and humanitarian obligations to end the conflict and paid the way for a transitional process that reflects the aspirations of the Sudanese people for security, stability and development. There is no immediate response by Colombia. The four of the civil war in Sudan erupted in April and twenty twenty three in the Khartoum in Khartoum, rather before spreading across the country following simmering tensions between RSF and the army. The fighting has killed over forty thousand people, displaced as many as twelve million, and pushed many to the brink of famine, which is nothing new for Sudan. Let's be honest. They use hunger as a weapon, and they have for a very long time, you know, anyone Sudan has long accused the UAE of being involved in the war by supplying the RSF with weapons, but the Gulf country has denied that claim. In November, an Amnesty International report armored vehicle manufactured by the UAE and equipped with French defense systems had been captured by the Sudanese military. A spokesperson for the Imorati government said at the time that the UAE was the target of a coordinated disinformation campaign aimed at undermining our foreign policy, regional role, and humanitarian efforts. Sudan's army and the RSF both have been accused of committing atrocities like ethnic cleansing, extra judicial killings, and sexual violence against civilians, including children. Once again, this is nothing new for Sudan. That's kind of how they have done war for quite some time. It's disgusting, but okay, that's the thing that's happening right now. So while that was a very dark conversation, let's try to end this on a lighter note, shall we. And this is also gonna kind of be dark in another regard, but I think it's also kind of funny and also kind of dark. Let's go dark humor, can we do that? Everybody? Let's go a little dark humor. This are from ABC News Denmark. Zoo is asking people to donate their pets to feed their predators. Yeah, Denmark Zoo is asking the public to donate their pets, particularly chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs, so that they can feed them to the zoo's predators. Is a direct quote here. In zoos, we have a responsibility to imitate the natural food chain of the animals in terms of both animal welfare and professional integrity, the Alborg Zoo said in a statement last Thursday. The request created a backlash online, with many disagreeing with the practice, but the zoo said the purpose of the program is to make sure nothing goes to waste and to ensure natural behavior, nutrition and wellbeing of our predators. According to the zoo's website, the zoo also said they would accept horses which they euthanize and slaughter for the food, though they said that the zoo needs The zoo's needs vary throughout the year and there might be a waiting list. There might be a waiting list, so listen. They're talking about rabbits, guinea pigs and chickens and depending on the predator. I can at least understand the thought process here. But while you're in, if you got any horse laying around that you just need to get put down, bro, donate it to the zoo. They got a spot for it, but you may need to hold off for a bit. They may be a waiting list for people trying to offload their old horses. Good God. The zoo also said they would have said that one okay. So for horses. Alboorg Zoos said it receives the horses as a donation and the owner of the horse can obtain a tax deduction for the value of the horse, according to the zoo's website. The zoo also said that they will accept chickens, rabbits and guinea pig on weekdays between ten am and one pm, but no more than four at a time. Bro, What there's that many people in Denmark that have chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs that they only can donate four of them at a time. And then also are they getting tax right offs for this? I mean bunny farms themselves. You have a turnaround time because whenever I was looking into doing subsistence farming, rabbits are the number one best bang for buck as far as the amount of feed and care and water they require versus the amount of protein that you can get on a repeatable timeframe. I want to say it's like six to eight weeks from the time that the rabbits are born to the time you can harvest them for their meat. So you get a good few breeding stock rabbits and you can slaughter the rest and you can feed yourself pretty decently off of them. Although they don't have a high fat content, it's very lean meat. I personally love the taste of rabbit. But anyway, I don't know about guinea pigs, and I don't know about the chickens and the gestation period for them, but no more than four animals at a time, and you can donate them week days between ten am and one pm.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: ABC News has reached out to the zoo for comment. The practice is not unheard of in Denmark, and in twenty fourteen the Copenhagen Zoo garnered attention on social media when it killed a healthy giraffe and fed it to their predators, whoa Four lions, including two cubs, were also euthanized several weeks later to make room for a new male lion. In the Danish zoo, the lions were euthanized, not for being for not being able to defend themselves against him. So they were bringing in a new male and they knew that these four lions and two cubs weren't gonna be able to like defend themselves, and this male lion was gonna just destroy them, so they just took them out early. You know, it's more humane that way, I suppose. So you made room for one lion by killing four. Okay, that's a that's a thing in Copenhagen.
Speaker 12: Wow. Uh.
Speaker 1: If you have an animal that has to leave here for various reasons, feel free to donate it to us. The zoo said the animals are gently euthanized by trained staff and are afterwards used as fodder. That is a direct quote. Oo wow. Okay, Like I said, we're gonna end that on a darker note, but also kind of a humorous note. Good God, Almighty Denmark is getting wild with it, okay. Good. Members of the Cajun Night Retinue, we kind of went all over the board with the conversations tonight. We stuck primarily in the Nation of America, but then we went international. There's a lot of things going on, and I think we all kind of learned a little something tonight, and I appreciate everybody for joining in the conversation and adding in your own flavor to it. Again, for anybody who is listening to this, anytime that you might be listening to this, it gets posted on Thursdays. However, we do shoot this every Wednesday night at nine pm Central at Patreon Caju to Night on Patreon the links in the description below. And I would like to see this community grow to even further and bigger heights in spaces. I want this to be a larger community where we have more people chiming in, throwing in their opinions, growing it and sharing this information. This is fun. I absolutely love our Wednesday night conversations. Once again, everybody, thank you so much for joining me on this excursion. My name is Jacob Mook. I am the Cajun Night and as always, God bless