Speaker 1: Y'all ripped up.
Speaker 2: New need that so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running.
Speaker 4: Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Martino here, welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. And as you see, if you're streaming anywhere, you'll see our number, and that's three oh three Martino as well, you can call twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Welcome to the show. Uh, we're here to help you solve problems. Answer a question taken, ladies, as you'll as I said again, see we have the studio up and running, and I got some ugly dudes sitting there waiting to chime in. And uh, I say that with the utmost love. I think what I see. There is a deputy doc who is a tall drink of water there, and we have Major Mark Major, and then who the heck is the other guy? The good looking one? Who is that? I mean that's me man, No, no, the good looking one. So good to see you, Tom, Welcome to the show. And seriously we here, Yes, K and H Holmesluss. Yes, of course. Now K and H has been with me, probably the longest client I have, next to Excel Roofing, Excel and K and H. Let's see, when I started the referral list, and there was another company at the time called Equity Relief dot com. They were a mortgage company. That was many, many years ago. Let's see. I'm trying to think of the charter members. Mark, of course, now you and sus uh the computers. Were you a charter member though?
Speaker 6: When I remember Dave Rumbold set up your original on our servers.
Speaker 2: Wow, holy crap. Yeah, you world the referral list. You know, the referral list was on your servers first. There's before Amazon sold serving space and.
Speaker 6: All of that, right, God, Yeah, yep. It was on one of our co locates. Absolutely, it was actually sitting. It was sitting somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this might be my problem, and maybe it is. I'm sure it is. Go ahead, sir, I'm going to talk to Shannon. Shannon, I'm getting an echo from Mark, and is that my fault? It might be, I think tell me that you've done nothing different and I'll just assume that. Tell me, what do you think? Talk again? Mark, I'm getting an echo, echo echo. He's saying short in an echo. For absolutely sure, everything he says is twice in my ear. But I don't know if people on the arrogating that. Let's go to Sherry on the phone, and Sherry, what's happening?
Speaker 7: Hi, Tom, Hi Morons. I have a two thousand and nine Mini Cooper. It's a five speed manual and it started when it is less than thirty degrees, so when it's colder.
Speaker 2: Out now listen, hold on, hold on one second, Hold on one second, Shannon, I know what's going on. Okay, bro, I know what's going on. You got to trust me on this. Somebody has when we're offline that much. I'm hearing them both offline and on the air. That's the problem. I swear to you that I'm hearing background chatter when he's talking. I can hear people talking behind Sharon the caller. Now, now, I've done nothing different, but somehow there's a mic open or a line open that usually isn't open, and I'm hearing background audio. So like I'm even hearing Kachina or I did so anyway, keep going, or I'm hearing the control room maybe and I'm hearing the monitor, so sharing this two thousand and nine Mini Cooper. How long have you owned it? So Sherriot's nine, And oh you had it from new?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I always buy new. And its three thousand miles on it, so not a ton.
Speaker 3: But when it gets.
Speaker 7: Colled out, I go out. It starts fine, but the stick shift it's frozen. It won't move into any of the gears. And then I have to sit there for about ten minutes and.
Speaker 2: Tell us, okay, when does that happen?
Speaker 7: When it's I would say colder than about thirty.
Speaker 2: Degrees and it doesn't move.
Speaker 8: After that, the stick shift won't move, and I once the car warms up after five or ten minutes, then it's fine.
Speaker 7: Then it goes. And so I did take it in to a really true I.
Speaker 2: Want to get one of our people on it. But what do you what do your people say that you took it into.
Speaker 7: First they said it was the clutch, and my clutch was just fried because it's never been replaced, and so they were okay out, which I'm fine with. They found a little tiny leak in the transmission and it was like a ring or a plug or something. They fixed that I got.
Speaker 2: It home, all right, so right now though it's still is it still doing it? Right now?
Speaker 7: It did it again, and so it's back at the shop.
Speaker 2: And what do they say.
Speaker 7: They called me yesterday and said that it was some cables and that they need to be replaced. But they're like a thousand bucks. I'm already in it for like forty one hundred and okay. They so they looped up the cables with this screen stuff.
Speaker 2: Where are you taking it to? I don't need to know this much to technical de deil, but where are you taking it to?
Speaker 7: I'm in Spokane?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, Spokane. Okay, so obviously it's not someone on my list. I want to get an expert on to talk to you. I want you to hang on. We got you. I want to actually have one Jeff Ka are you able to hear Kelly?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, hey Jeff, thanks Jeff, Yeah, I heard Kelly. Hey, Jeff. Transmission is Denver dot Com, KIMMERA Transmission A Rappo and Jordan. Roughly, what do you think, Jeff?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean you mentioned the cables, and those are a possibility, but it's far more remote. There's actually where the cables go in and they attached to the rails. They was called a shift a cassette, and they would actually get moistured on the longer intrusion and it freeze up and then like she said, she's running it for five or ten minutes. Well, it sits right next to the exhaust manifold, so as the vehicle warms up, it melts that that ice and then you can shift it again. So it's most likely the cassette.
Speaker 2: So it's fixable pretty quickly, pretty easily.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's relatively fixable. Rather Uh, there was actually I want to say in seven was when they came up with the original TFB on that. I think it's, like I say, it's not terribly common, but it's been known enough if they actually noted it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Sherry, you're in Washington, so why don't you just drive down here? How many hour drive is it to Denver?
Speaker 7: I would love to then I could visit Susan Mark.
Speaker 2: Hey, Sherry, listen, seriously, you need to get someone who knows there, you know what from? You know what?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And who are you taking it to a dealer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, it's Botson's Automotive and they have a Mini Cooper specialist there and he's worked on my car before.
Speaker 2: Did he ever mention anything that Jeff Vic mentioned?
Speaker 7: I couldn't hear you because I was disconnected.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Jeff, repeat what you've told her to tell her mechanic. I want you to just listen carefully and tell your mechanic to look in these areas.
Speaker 9: Jeff, it's most likely the shift or cassette with the ask actually where the cables hook up to the rails themselves, they actually will get more sture insired there under freezing conditions will create ice, and so you won't be able to shift it. And then when the vehicle's warming up, since it's sitting right next to the exhaustmentfold, it melts that ice inside there and you're able to shift it again.
Speaker 2: Find out if they check the shift the shifter cassette. In fact, if you'd like, if your mechanic would talk to us. Now we're not saying we know better than him, or it may not be that, but we would love to talk to your mechanic. I got to take a break. Three oh three seven one to three talks seven one three eight two five five Hey waterpros dot net do you know, they have a reverse osmosis system in my house and they just changed the filters after three years the filters were still effective. I've been lax and getting them changed. And the reverse osmosis membrane is like new. I mean, these things are. And then it only costs one hundred bucks or zo to get the filter the other filter change that I needed waterpros dot net. The whole system's eleven hundred. But you can get that and a whole house system for thirty one to ninety five for the Valentine dines Day special three three eight six two five, five five four. Your wholehouse will be protected. You'll be protected thirty one ninety five for everything. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino, your trouble shooter. Three oh three seven one three talks seven on three eight two five five. KH Windows in the House actually KNH home Solutions. They started out KG windows, K and H windows like sixty five years ago. Deputy Bo has some follow ups. So Bo speak to me, brother, you have a follow up about grease Monkey from yesterday. Yeah, and I want to bring this up. Basically, it was a two thousand and six foot it's so ton it's so insane. Yeah, Mark, why don't you you took this call?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Mark, Well, basically, this guy goes in, older guy goes in, gets an oil change. They end up doing what's called a double a double O ring, a double gasket. They forgot to pull the gasket off the old oil filter, so they double gasketed it and about six hundred miles later, it's just pouring.
Speaker 2: Oil out of there.
Speaker 6: He drives it back up there to have it checked out, and grease Monkey tells him, without checking the filter or anything, says, well, it's nothing we did. They put six quarts of oil in it, and he drives off and of course the oil's just spewing out. He gets it to a shop down the road, like one block down the road, and that shop looks at it, and sure enough, the only problem was the oil filter was double gasketed. But so the engines find everything's fine, so they charged him two hundred and fifty bucks for the diagnostic.
Speaker 2: Well, they double gasket it, but why did they put two gaskets on the filter?
Speaker 6: When you take the old filter off, sometimes that gasket sticks to the metal. So therefore when they put the new one on, you have two gaskets and you can't see, okay.
Speaker 2: So then and then rubber gaskets won't seal, okay.
Speaker 6: So the oil filter had both the old and new gasket, that's right, and that's what was leak. And it took a little bit of time, about six hundred miles, but it was just blowing oil out of there. Finally, just blowing it out as soon as you would put it in. Luckily, and I mean luckily these guys, it did not kill his engine. And that shop just charged him for an oil change and diag so he ended up paying like two hundred and eighty bucks or something. And grease monkey won't do anything as of yesterday.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't do a damn thing about it. In fact, well, are they saying Mark, Are they saying the reason is because he didn't take it back to them or what? No, he did take it back to them.
Speaker 6: He did take it back to them, and they said it was nothing they did and they put six courts of oil in it.
Speaker 2: I mean, they were just total asses. And Kelly called over.
Speaker 6: I had her call over, and basically what they told Kelly is the guy said, Hey, I'm the only guy working here. There's nobody else here. I'm running the front, I'm running the back. There's nothing I can do. Maybe I'll have time to talk to somebody next week about it. And that's what they told Kelly when we called over.
Speaker 2: All right, So bo, what's.
Speaker 1: Do on that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So I called right after the show. I talked to uh. I guess he's an interim manager there named Justin. I think Kelly talked to him too. He said he was busy, I could maybe check it check in later. I should call me with him an hour. He never did, so I called around four o'clock. He said, I'm gonna have to escalate this to the district manager and basically hung up. So I called again at seven o'clock to eight o'clock this morning. She kept hanging up on me, and then on the third call, Justin told me if you're from the radio show, you need to stop calling us immediately. So I said, look good.
Speaker 2: Let's have everyone else call him.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so all I wanted. I said, if you're not can help me. Please give me the name of your of your district manager in Colorado. And she was reluctant, and then she said his name is Jed. And I said, could at least get Jed's last name?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 4: And she said I don't know what. I don't know his last name. I said, how about a phone number? I don't know his phone number? And then she hung up on me. So I called a grease monkey in Atlanta, Georgia to try to find out why, because I couldn't find the district manager for Greece monkey in Colorado. So I called wait wait.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, but why Georgia. I'm just curious, bo, like how your mind works. Why did you call Georgia? Why not California? Why not somewhere else?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It was the first thing that came up on the internet where I had a good.
Speaker 2: Phone number, got it, and then what happened?
Speaker 4: They said they were they were They said they would email the manager. They wouldn't give me the person's name, but they're going to email the person in Colorado and have them call me. But I don't think they're gonna call me. This this this just is.
Speaker 2: You know, grease monkey. Grease Monkey I believe had its origins in Colorado. Didn't it market like years ago?
Speaker 3: They start.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering why they're being such jerks. It's a very simple situation. They did something wrong, they wouldn't They didn't correct it when given the opportunity. The guy wants a refund. Yeah, well, and it's only two hundred and eighty bucks. Are lucky they're not paying for a new engine. I can't believe the guys won't write a check for two hundred and eighty bucks. I say, we light them up. Literally, let's take these guys up.
Speaker 4: They were very rude to me, and they hung up twice before I could at least get that far right.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm saying, Here's what I'm saying. I want to put this in context. We're not saying these people are liars. We're not saying they're cheaters, we're not saying they're incompetent. Here's what we're saying. They made a mistake and they're not willing to own up to it. That alone is a reason never to use this particular grease monkey. But I want to make sure we give this particular grease monkey the black eye. So I want to know what is their address.
Speaker 4: It's three three four Main Street and Longmont, Colorado.
Speaker 2: People my my Martino Marauders, my Martino morons, and my discord dissidence. I don't know. I'll give them a name anyway. What I want to do is I want to let them know that this is unacceptable. Now here's what I believe, because I always get this from attorney saying, oh, you're doing harassment. No, and I can prove it. Companies spend thousands and thousands of dollars to get reviews. They want reviews. They also send thousands of dollars to get leads and thousands of dollars to do research on what they're doing right and wrong. And what I am doing is a public service free of charge for them. I am asking my listeners to tell them what they think of this situation. It's very simple. Remember they're not liars, they're not sleeves, they're not disgusting. They are simply someone who did something wrong and refuse to address it and refuse to make it right. That's grease funky.
Speaker 6: They screwed up so bad it's crazy, man. I mean they double gasketed it. It's not that big of a deal. I had shops forever it happens. But when they come back and the guy's like, hey, I've got oil all over the place, and then they don't even look at what they did, which was the oil change, so they don't figure out what it is. They put six quarts of oil in it and ship the guy down the road for I would like his pall. I would like their phone number.
Speaker 2: I want them to see what a live review feels like. I want their phone number. It's three three four Main Street and Longmont, grease monkey. What is their phone number?
Speaker 4: Listeners? The phone number is three oh three, four eight five nine two oh six. Let me repeat it. Three oh three, four eight five nine two o six and eighty dollars would have been xpensive. They take care of.
Speaker 2: This all he wants is a refund for a repair that was very simple. It could have ruined his engine. It didn't. He's not being unreasonable, but grease monkey in Longmont on mainStreet? And does that surprise you? Mark? Where is it? LONGMNT? Right right? Tell and I'll get into that Longmont, Greeley anywhere in Well County? What is wrong? What is wrong with that area? I don't know if Longmnt's in Weld or whatever, but whatever it is, Longmont, Greeley and Well County, stay away from them for anything. Automotive more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two year al sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three ye talk seven one three eight two five five Denver Regen dot com. If you want hair replacement, Oh my god, it works. And I know people say why you wear an at cap, Tom, it doesn't work. It really does work. No, seriously, Mark will tell you that they do great replacement, and of course they still do the stem cells for paying Denver Regen dot com. Let's talk. I haven't forgotten about Robert over at kh Windows. In fact, we do have some texts for him. I'll get to but I want to go to callers first always, and I believe next would be ROBERTA and that was working with Deputy D. I'm going to turn him on, right, Well, I should rephrase that, I'm going to turn on the mic and we'll talk to Deputy D. And so tell me what's going on with this case? Can you explain the case to me, D? And move over just a little so I can get you on there. Okay, So what's going on? Bro Hi?
Speaker 11: Tom?
Speaker 12: You may recall that Robert called us a few months ago because her debit card number was ripped off and subsequently used to purchase about a seven thousand dollars bicycle from a store and yender and also between two and three hundred dollars and purchased purchased us from the AT and T store.
Speaker 2: And this was yeah, yeah, so Berta, go ahead, Wells Fargo, right yeah.
Speaker 12: Roberta unsuccessfully disputed these charges with Wells Fargo. Her dispute was declined with no explanation. Roberta then re reopened that case with Wells Fargo, but all they did is said, hey, you know, we so called reinvestigated the matter, and you're still not going to get reimbursed. And they declined to provide any evidence that they used to decline her claim. So that's when she called us for help, and I contacted the gentleman who's deep deep inside of Wells Fargo. He immediately sprang into action, and he forwarded the documentation that I sent him, which consisted of Roberta's the final letter declining her claim that she got from Wells Fargo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a few days.
Speaker 12: Later, Roberta contacted me of a email and said, hey, it was a successful reinvestigation. They credited my account for I want to say, about seventy eight hundred dollars to reimburse her for all of those fraustument charges and so.
Speaker 2: Roberta, Roberta, thank you. So you owe me a chocolate chip cookie. If that's all true, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Well, we were.
Speaker 13: Just so happy to get that money back. We really needed it. We've actually already sent it to get a new pump for our well. So it was perfect timing. And I thank everybody for their efforts, and especially Tony Timmins over at Wells Fargo.
Speaker 2: He is so he's the good guy. Man, he's a good guy.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he's the good guy.
Speaker 2: And you know d cutting through and Roberta cutting through red tape. I mean, isn't it funny Roberta had the saint you got the same answer over and over and over. Didn't they even say, yeah, probably you didn't make it, but we're not going to do anything about it.
Speaker 13: Never they never said I mean the ohe never said it was people on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: They were always like, wow, that's kind of strange. And they hinted that they just didn't understand. But the top dogs or whoever was making decisions, didn't budge. They didn't never say, oh.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, here's what I want to know. How do you think it was hacked? What do you think happened.
Speaker 13: You know, I'm not sure they made the purchase online, so they didn't have the physical card. They just had the card information and they had enough to get through and they didn't have to use a three digit code.
Speaker 2: And so did you get a new card since?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, all right, meshed it?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you Roberta for coming on. And I'm going to give I'm going to ask for the dinger here, guys, because the dinger means success and I got to use that dinger. The doctors tell me you it or lose it? Right, Okay, will you stop? Just do the dinger? Dang it? That's pretty anemix. Can we do you have a stronger dinger? There you go, There you go, and actually the d the deputy d gets the dinger and thank you. Now I want to talk to Ron. He has information about grease Monkey. I'm not sure what he's signed. Now, Ron, is this in relation to an issue that you had or general information.
Speaker 9: Sir, just general information.
Speaker 15: Just to give you guys the heads up. There's probably about sixty grease Monkeys here in Denver and Colorado. About five of them are corporate, corporate owned stores. The rest of them are all there's one guy who owns about twenty one the franchise. Another guy owns two, another guy owns one, guy owns three. So I believe that one. I believe the one in long On that you guys talking about a long time ago that used to be owned by guy who had about twenty locations, but they sold them off the corporate. I think that's a corporate store. But you want to call I mean, there's Denver, the Grease Monkey corporate store in Denver. Just call that number, because I'm sure if it's a corporate store, they're gonna want to, you know, figure out what's going on and take care of it. If it's a franchise, they'll know who owns that store, and all of the guys you know who owns that store, and they'll take care of it.
Speaker 2: I get you. I get you, Hey, Ron, are you in the business? Are you in the car business?
Speaker 9: Not in the car business, but I'm in. I don't want to say what business I'm in because I worked with all of these dealerships and everybody and all that. So I just wanted to, you know.
Speaker 2: Give you men, maybe you can be a resource for us.
Speaker 15: Well maybe a little bit later. I used to long time ago. Take care of Suzanne's husband what's his name? A long time ago? He used to have the five mar when Mark had been five good years, Oh.
Speaker 2: Mark, when they had the franchisees, Hey, Mark, I wanted to ask you something, Mark, since you were in the car business and he had a franchise. He and his said, I want to ask you something, Mark. Why do they retain company stores? If they franchise, it almost sounds like, you know, they're double dipping or.
Speaker 6: Goodyear and most of them they change all the time. So depending on the CEO or the district manager or whomever is over the business model for that territory, they might want to own all the stores, or they might want to have every one of them be a franchise. And depending on that person's role, it can change. So in other words, when Goodyear would put in new upper management, all of a sudden, they might be coming around to us saying, hey, we want to buy these stores from you and make you an offer you didn't have to sell by any means or yeah.
Speaker 2: But what I'm asking, I guess in general. What I'm asking in general is if they're going to franchise, why do they maintain company stores. I mean, it's it's almost.
Speaker 6: Like what I'm just that's exactly what I'm trying to tell you. It depends who's at the helm. Sometimes the entire business focus is to own.
Speaker 2: All the property or just lease the property.
Speaker 6: Or or manage manage just the property aspect of it and have franchisees in there. Other CEOs might want to come in, like the h from Kodak might want to come in and actually operate the business.
Speaker 2: Cannot just be a lease dot it company. All right, got it? Okay? We got more coming up on Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight. Heating dot Com. If you're looking for a replacement on an older system, you can save thirty to forty percent a month on heating bills using their high efficiency systems. Get this. They guarantee the lowest price eight eight eight Heating dot Com three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Barbara has a problem with Larry Miller. Barbara, what's going on?
Speaker 3: And I just have a question. I recently took my car in for the engine light was going on and off and on and not, and they did a lot of repair work on it. One of the things they did was the leaky olph covers, replacement coil and smart Yeah, and to the tune close to eight hundred dollars. So after the total repair, some of it was master.
Speaker 2: Now, but why did you take it in to begin with? Why did you take it in to begin with?
Speaker 3: The engine light?
Speaker 2: Okay, got it, Yeah, that could be that could be very minor. So how much total did you spend with Larry Miller.
Speaker 3: Twenty But that's why, Okay, the bottom line ahead, So they did that work when I took it out again, it was still the engine light was still coming on and off. So I took it.
Speaker 2: Back and then okay, hold on, Barbara, Barbara, Barbara, Barbara Barpra. This is a conversation. I want to I want to just interject a little. Here's what I'm saying. That engine light could have been anything. Most likely it's minor. Most likely I loose gas caper sign. Here's what I want to say. What you had done was probably not absolutely mandatory necessary, and I think they milked it, and I think you probably overspent. That's my personal opinion if you went to share it in auto tech or somewhere else.
Speaker 3: So what I'm actually calling about, though, is when I took it back, they dias know with a leaky head gasket and the engine eas replaced. So I'm wondering are they liable to reidverse me for any of that about.
Speaker 2: No, they don't have to reimburse you for anything if you agree to it. But here's what I think. Do you think that engine was going before you had all this work done.
Speaker 3: I never had any trouble with it running or what they did find that's when it heated up is when it would cause fluid to leak, and then my cool this.
Speaker 2: Twenty four hundred dollars. Here's what I'm interested in, This twenty four hundred that you spent. Was it necessary? And should they have? Said? Listen, lady, your cars on its last leg. How many miles were on it when.
Speaker 3: You took it in About seventy thousand.
Speaker 2: That's not a lot. Now listen, I'm I'm wondering, do you really need an engine? Where's your car right now? Well?
Speaker 3: I have to take it in back to them, and then I do have a warranty powertrain warranty, so they're going to have them come and inspect it next week.
Speaker 2: Okay, Barbara. If they don't pay for it under warranty, my gut is we need to investigate. I know you didn't call about it. We need to investigate that twenty four in repairs. I personally think you probably got ripped, Okay, I you know I I unless, of course, you never took it in for maintenance and there was a lot of stuff that needed I guess that's possible.
Speaker 9: Have you.
Speaker 2: I would love to know, But we don't have to do it now. You're not asking us to, but after after warranty looks at it. Let us know what they say. Okay, okay, now here's what and then I'm going to examine that invoice. I'd love to know what they did to afford escape with seventy thousand miles on it for twenty four hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: So with maintenance stuff. But I can say, okay, you're something the copy of the suites.
Speaker 2: But what really is the telling story here is they did all of that and your engine light was still flickering. I don't like that. So now they say you need a whole engine. Why do they say you need an engine?
Speaker 3: Because the head gas gets leaking, and when it teach up, that's what it causes.
Speaker 2: Okay, by the way, just so you know, a head gasket, a head gasket leaks for a number of reasons. Number one, the gaskets bad, that's very seldom. Number two, the heads are warped a bit from overheating or some other problem or age or abuse, and they have to be milled and put back or you need a new head. And it gets to be almost cost prohibitive. Did they say how much those repairs might cost you if you ever decided to have them done.
Speaker 3: No, they never discussed that they just the last thing they said was it needs a new engine.
Speaker 2: God did they tell you? Did they give you hope? Did they give you hope that possibly the warranty would cover it?
Speaker 3: I believe it from what I'm reading in the warranty information that should be covered as part of the powertrain.
Speaker 2: Warrancy Mark, what do you think about that?
Speaker 6: If a head gasket should be covered by the powertrain warranty? Powertrain, I would think long as it wasn't abuse, because most likely it overheated. I would say it should be unless if they figures out something like the wrong coolant was put in it, or you know whatever out they could possibly use. But yeah, the powertrain warranty should cover that, right you let us know what manufacturer I left, what car it was?
Speaker 2: It was a twenty seventeen fourd Escape. Okay, let us know what's going on. And well, I got notes here, Barbara, so I'll be able to pull up your case and we'll be waiting to hear from you. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now I know you got to go to break here, but I guess I miss something. No, why would that be under a powertrain warranty when it's when it's eight years old. I mean, did Ford have that long of a powertrain? Go ahead?
Speaker 12: Indeed, dark I just looked up and the twenty seventeen escape came with a five year sixty thousand.
Speaker 2: I don't know what she's talking about.
Speaker 12: Then, well, it could be that she bought it as some kind of a certified used vehicle.
Speaker 2: It still wouldn't matter five years. It's past five. Let's keep her on after the break. I want to ask, Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah. Mark wants to know where the heck you're getting this powertrain warranty because he he thinks and D thinks s Deputy D that that it's way beyond that. So we need to figure that out now, Shannon, was I supposed to hear some ount music or what? Tell me? What's happening the final curtain music? We got a few? Is it on? I don't hear seconds?
Speaker 9: What's your clock?
Speaker 14: Say?
Speaker 2: Okay, well it's okay, but I'd like to hear some music to cue me. Brother. I'll come down there, I'll come down here. I'll come down there.
Speaker 10: I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: The remote studio is not that far away anyway. We got more Troubleshooter to go go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, all compass insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, Ritt, you need advice? Who you don't have? Come run anxious asta as we can show. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come man, This is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martine, Hey.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three ao three seven one three eight two five five Welcome. We are here to help you solve problems, to answer questions, to take complaints, and to make your life a little easier. I have some U some texts here. By the way, you can always text me personally at my number, a Google number, or the short code for iHeart now the short code for iHeart. I don't use as much of the other shows, but I'll read them five seven seven three nine, okay. And I got a text there saying, Tom, you were wondering about Longmont. That's in Boulder County. But I was talking about bad car dealers in bad car service. And I swear to you universally we God, I just can't believe the disproportionate amount of bad car dealers and repair shops in Longmont, all of Weld County and Greeley, not Boulder though. And I'm not talking about Boulder, Okay.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Also, I'd like to welcome our guest Robert. He is with K and H Home Solutions, and I do have a question. I talk about the Alpen window, Robert, the alp and window. They want to know can you do custom Alpin windows for fixed lights that they have in their home. Now, a fixed light is just big, a big giant Well you know what I'm telling our people, it's a big giant fixed pain What do you think.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's basically a picture window. And yeah, absolutely that's an option in an Alpin window with Alpin.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, what I don't at the risk of sounding like a commercial here. What are some of the main things you like about Alpin? I mean, I know they're made here, and there used to be other windows made here in Colorado. Do you remember Alumax?
Speaker 16: I do I do? They used to be made here. Yep, they did, So tell me about Alpin Alpin. I mean, like you kind of said, it's a local product, so that's a huge factor. They also offer different type of triple pane materials. Their fiber frame fiberglass frame is i mean just unbeatable in the market.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they do a fiberglass frame, not vinyl correct glass. What is the benefit and I'm not throwing stones at all vinyl windows, but what's the benefit in general fiberglass over vinyl.
Speaker 16: You're gonna get a lot longer of lifespan on a fiberglass frame. Now vinyl again has come a long way.
Speaker 2: Well sure, but what about insulating qualities and strength and extrusions and all of that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, no, it's very they're very strong windows. Obviously a little stubborn when it comes to adjusting them, but they're they're very uh they stand the test of time against Colorado elements.
Speaker 2: What about colors? Are colors impregnated in a fiberglass or topically coated.
Speaker 16: Topically coated, they are all you can't you can't really extrude fiberglass, so you have to paint everything. So every one of their windows comes with a custom color paint which also comes.
Speaker 2: With Well how does that hold up as opposed to vinyl where the color is impregnated.
Speaker 16: I mean it, honestly, it holds up very well, a little bit better than you might think, just because the science has been there for a long time now, so now they kind of bake it on there after the fact. But then that also gives us the ability to you know, like it's.
Speaker 2: A baked on, perfect factory finish is what we're talking about. Correct. How long do you think that paint is good for before you have to do anything to it?
Speaker 16: Twenty years, I'd say, yeah, you're on a good twenty years, thirty years now. There is going to be natural fading right and over time, just because Colorado's sun does do its job.
Speaker 2: But you get that with everything, everything bar none are perc Hey guess what there? You don't what home show tickets? Yes, sir, let's talk about that. Hold on a sec Robert, hold on, I want people to hang on because I want them to find out about Home Show. But I want to go back to the phones here or not?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh? And Clemo, I hope I'm saying that right, and sell As and I know Selmo and Selmo el Sello, I got it. What's going on?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 17: Yes, I'm calling about Thank you Tom taking my call. This is happily with a contractor and we're hired back in December of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Who'd you hire?
Speaker 17: Let's see here, it's Advantage Designs Incorporated.
Speaker 2: And uh and what did you hire them for?
Speaker 17: To build a bar dominium? I don't know if you're familiar to build a what non dominium? It's a metal building that's a combined garage and living quarters.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay? And and what went wrong? Okay? And you did this in December.
Speaker 17: December of twenty twenty one. We signed a contract.
Speaker 2: Wait twenty twenty one, right, right.
Speaker 17: Well, there's been a lot of delays with permits and other issues, and and so we've been very patient, needless to say. But if finally you got pushed through a January of last year getting the permit required because there's other things involved. I don't know how much time we've got, but just try to again.
Speaker 2: When did you actually get the permit?
Speaker 17: The actual permit was in January of last year of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four, okay, and then what happened.
Speaker 17: I know he's a contract, he's got the projects going on, so I know that.
Speaker 9: You know, we have to wait when our turn comes around again.
Speaker 1: But we kept.
Speaker 17: Getting told that, well, October that last year is the time when you can come back and get their things going again.
Speaker 2: Here's what I want to know before before you go on, bro, how much did you pay so far and cash out of pocket to them?
Speaker 17: You know, I've got the numbers here. I haven't really ed it up, but I've got no Just.
Speaker 2: Give me rough, give me rough. You got to know roughly what you pay bro?
Speaker 17: Okay? Approximately? Well, let's see here, one hundred and sixty thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now I want to know one other thing. How much is the tot.
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: How much is the total project?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 17: The contract here, the total project was going to run about almost two hundred ninety thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay, So keep going with your story. What happened? Okay?
Speaker 17: What happened is we kept getting delayed and promises and that these these timelines that haven't occurred, and so currently we're out, you know what, ninety seven thousand, you know, with a combination of of the Bortamineum project and the building.
Speaker 2: And I thought you said one hundred and sixty thousand so far. I thought you said one hundred and sixty so well.
Speaker 4: There's been other work done and completed.
Speaker 17: And that's where the difference is at. But what hasn't been completed is that we haven't got the risk project done as far as the foundation work and the building.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, hold on, hold on for okay, the guy didn't walk away or anything, and he did start. I need to know what percentage of the project is done.
Speaker 17: I'm going to say about fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Did you say sixty percent? Fifty? Okay, fifty half? Okay, here's I here's what else I want to know. That's one sixty you said you paid did you now? And then you mentioned ninety seven? So is it one sixty plus ninety seven?
Speaker 9: Uh one?
Speaker 17: Actually totals one sixty. And there's been some work done that been paid for, but we're still out ninety seven thousand or for the completion of the foundation and.
Speaker 2: I see this is the part and Selmo, I'm answering. I'm asking this for a very specific reason. You keep mentioning two numbers. So I don't understand how much how much money out of your pocket? I don't care where it went? How much money out of your pocket for this project? So far?
Speaker 17: Probably that first number one hundred and sixty, okay.
Speaker 2: And that includes the ninety seven right, okay, So keep going. Fifty percent of the project has been done. Is it pretty good? So far? So far?
Speaker 17: Yeah, he can. He's completed what he's you know, what he started, you know, as far as like the septic system, and.
Speaker 2: So what what are you calling about today?
Speaker 17: Well, I'm calling about that. We're not getting any more response from him as far as we keep getting these delays, and we we uh, we can't get on the timeline when you're gonna we can't get anything affirmative from him.
Speaker 2: And when was the last time he was on the job.
Speaker 18: Oh, my gosh.
Speaker 17: Probably uh, I'm gonna say maybe April tune of last.
Speaker 2: All right, hang on, I'm Tom Martinez three O three seven one three eight two five five. This is bad news. We got to talk about it. And by the way, one clear Choice Garage Doors will do the beautiful garage doors for you. One clear choice doores dot com. Whether it's the opener or the door, They'll do it all. And twenty four to seven service for emergencies, all of the prices on their website. One clear choice doors dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino. You're troubleshooter and Selmo has a problem. And by the way, I didn't forget about you, Barbara hang On and Selmo if you hadn't heard from them since April, fifty percent of the project's done, you've paid roughly half. I mean, you're not behind the eight ball as far as money out, but we need to give you some help. We need to have somebody maybe assigned to this case that can make some phone calls. Would you like that?
Speaker 17: Yes, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: Where's this being built in Brighton? May I ask the size? I'm curious.
Speaker 17: Yes, it's approximately thirty two hundred square feet.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you have you know, these things are very popular with people that I call nott So what I mean by that is like you have people that have done it with airplanes, you know, part hangar, part residence. People have done it with gearheads, cars, park garage or shop and part residents horse people. That's really popular. They do some stalls in a little arena maybe or wash racks, and then they do a residence next to it. So what kind of neighborhood are you in?
Speaker 17: It's like a farming neighborhood. Is pretty quiet out here.
Speaker 2: Now, why did you decide to do that combination unit of residents and shop.
Speaker 17: Well, because we have a motor home that would like to put in and tinker with. So it's one of the good sized garage to I was, I give it the wrong numbers. It's gonna be about thirty six hundred square feet and eleven hundred of that was going to be the living quarters. It's about twenty five hundred.
Speaker 18: Okay, garage.
Speaker 2: So do you travel a lot with your motor home?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure do Yeah. So anyway, we're going to give you deputy doc. He volunteered. He said, let me help and Selmo and and Selmo. Do you know your name? Your name means protected by God. I bet you knew that, right.
Speaker 17: I've heard that once more than once.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dramatic background, but it goes to Portuguese and Italians adopted after a saint. I looked that up. I looked it up. It's pretty cool, all right, man, thank you very much. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Barbara. Back to Barbara. So let's continue here your FOURD escape again. Now they say you need an engine. What I'd like you to do is get back to us on that warranty. We will have somebody go over everything to make sure you're being treated fairly. Do you have any follow up questions?
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. I just want to let you know that my warranty was an extended purchased at the time that I bought the car. It's an extended warranty use vehicle coverage.
Speaker 2: But we still at twenty seventeen. If you've owned it since then, did you buy it in two thousands? Yeah, she's saying she has some kind of aftermarket warranty. Who is it? Okay? Hold on, when did you buy this car?
Speaker 3: Five of twenty three?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so when you bought it, that's when you bought an extended warranty. Correct, Okay, fine, keep us in front of Okay, all right, you keep us informed. And I wrote this down three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Let me go back to some texts about windows, doors and siding. Somebody wants to know. Now, this is controversial. Nobody likes down talking bad about products they sell for goodness sakes. But I I am not. I'll just say this upfront. I'm not a big fan of Hardy I'm not. You know, it's got to be installed, in my opinion, perfectly and all of that. I'm on to ask K and H Home Solutions what they think about hardyboard or whatever they call James Hardy siding, Robert, yes, And then what other options you have and what do you like?
Speaker 16: Go ahead, Like you said, hardiboard, I mean, is really going to be like your best option here for the elements just because it stands the test of time. But why just because it's concrete board, it's it's made for the elements, it's pre painted. Part of their paint is part of their warranty.
Speaker 2: It's pretty resisted.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it stands the test of time, but you're right, Tom, it has to be installed correctly for everything to function right. The next to that, we do have a mill Run which is an insulated vinyl that also comes with like a lifetime pro rated warranty. And then we have pro v a vinyl that we also comes with a pro rated warranty. But we also of offer a house rap that also adds an insulating factor as well behind some of these because some of you just you know, some of the siding we get is just siding, but we also can add a house rap that has our value on it as well. So not just.
Speaker 2: Tickets, man, Yes, sir, yeah, I will, I will, I will home show tickets.
Speaker 16: Go ahead, spill the beat. So we're running the home show like you guys are advertising. We're down there from the eighth to the sixteenth and We're running a little deal here that if anybody wants to call in during the show and mention your guys' show to us and get a book a free quote with us, we will give them some free tickets to the show.
Speaker 2: How much are those worth?
Speaker 16: Man, they've raised the prices recently. They used to be fifteen. They range anywhere from fifteen to thirty dollars a piece. Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how many are giving away for a free quote?
Speaker 16: I mean, we have quite a few, depending on you know, what their needs are. But I'd say at the minimum two. If you needed more than that, I'm sure we could make something work.
Speaker 9: Oh he means how many?
Speaker 18: Four?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean like if ten people call, they'll all get tickets right present?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, no, no, What I mean is each party mark if somebody wants But that's good too, the overall limit. But if a party calls, is a party two? Or would you give away four tickets? Sure?
Speaker 16: Absolutely, we'd give away four tickets whatever you need to get to the show, as long as you book a free consultation with.
Speaker 2: Us and then mark mentioned total limit. How many do you have to give away? I mean, is it until further notice or what? Yeah?
Speaker 16: Until further notice. I mean I'd love to run out of all of them.
Speaker 4: That's sure.
Speaker 2: You can't be a free home show, so I mean.
Speaker 16: Right, god, exactly, it's a good time.
Speaker 2: It comes like, Now, what do you do when when they call? When they called, you set them aside.
Speaker 16: Or uh oh yeah, I know they just have to mention and they get them at will call or what. Yep, we will set them at will call. If on the event that they do, like I said, book the appointment, then yeah, we'll have them. They're ready for them to all right.
Speaker 2: Let me give you that. Let me give that number out three three three oh three four to one seventy one hundred, and that's the K and age number you can use any time. Yep. Uh for any kind of products. That's three oh three four to one seventy one hundred. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help You'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martsino here seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So Greg has a question about Rhinoshield.
Speaker 19: Go ahead, Greg, Yeah, Tom, I've been hearing a lot of commercials for rhino'shield and I was wondering if you know anything about it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do. Yeah. In fact, over the years, it's not new. Over the years, similar products have been marketed and I actually used one of them years ago on my house. Now, I want to say this right up front. If given the choice, I'd go with Kanage Home Solutions and get a siding. Okay, Now, I think rhino shield is good when you already have a wood product or a product that needs to be painted. And we're not talking about the rhino that goes in a pickup truck. We're talking about rhino shield a painting or a coating for a house or a deck. And what it is is basically microscopic ceramic spirit spheres. They're little pieces of basically ceramic mixed in with a coloring and a insulated, durable paint. It's about ten times thicker than regular paint. A lot of people don't like the way it looks. It does look like a coating. Okay, you're not going to see it does look like a coating. I mean it does. But it is really strong, really strong. You can actually stop wood rotting. You can go over well you want to clean up the rot and sand it down and all that. But it's pretty damn good. So is highly reflective, so it doesn't absorb heat, and and it doesn't warp or fade, it doesn't crack. It's good. Okay, but it comes in several different brands. They're not the only ones that do it. Now, what do you know about it? I'm going to ask our expert here, Robert Schischler from K and H. What do you think? Robert?
Speaker 16: You know, I gotta be honest with you, Tom. I'm not too familiar with the rhino shield. I mean, we like again, we do siding strictly, So I can't give you the best answer here. Like you said, the best thing I would do is go with siding with us, because that's going to be your better fix. But yeah, I wish I could give you more answers, but I don't have the answers for that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's pretty damn expensive too. What are you being quoted for your house?
Speaker 4: I haven't. I haven't called yet.
Speaker 19: And one thing I do know is based on the cost, you're not going to be able to change colors very often. You're gonna have to, oh.
Speaker 2: Well, for sure. I mean changing a color would be a nightmare taking the damn stuff down.
Speaker 19: Yeah, So, I mean that's that so far. I haven't contacted anybody. I'm going to do some research and see who the different brands are. I have an existing home. In the the siding which is wood and on the back it celp siding is then pretty good shape. I'm just getting tired of painting every five years.
Speaker 2: Liten to this man, Listen to this thinking of it. Listen to the pricing. According to this data I pulled up on a home improvement site Independent, it can range up to fourteen bucks a foot. It's usually it's anywhere from nine to fourteen bucks a foot. And you're talking about, like, you know, eighteen grand for like a two thousand square foot house. I mean, yeah, it's a lot of money. I mean so well, you can damn near do siding.
Speaker 19: Yeah, so the for a two thousand square foot home, what would LP sighting? I'm not LP, but uh, James Hardy got the concrete mixed it, yeah, James Hardy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what would that be? Robert approximately?
Speaker 16: Approximately? Just roughly, man, I mean right around that. I mean, honestly, it's a it's a very it's a high end product.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 16: It's it's good. It's lasts a sense of the test of time. So but I'm not the sales reps. I mean, I don't want to quote them and tell me.
Speaker 2: No, I get it. But we got to have some ballparks. I mean, that's the whole idea of being here, right, we got it. You know. So you're saying probably a medium size or good size home about eighteen grand fully installed.
Speaker 16: Fully installed, fully warranted, and then again comes with a thirty year, thirty year manufacturer quarantine, one time transfer that will.
Speaker 2: Come out and give you a free quote. Man, you'll get free tickets to those tickets to the show. Absolutely, you know that's not a bad idea. Yeah, it's three out three. It is a great idea. And then you get home show tickets. Yeah, then not only that.
Speaker 16: Let me know, home show you can look at all the products absolutely come down saying, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Hesitate to bring this up, but bro I got to bring it up, Robert, only because I loved it, and so many companies did it. Those they they're all different names, but it all comes down to this solid polymer. One is called Everlast. They were called different names, and then they abruptly pulled them off the market. Yes, and I mean these things had color through and through. They were damn near bulletproof. What happened, Robert?
Speaker 16: You know, in the process of their manufacturing, we started realizing some of the issues with Colorado weather. Some of their products were warping. Son was just kind of beating us up, and so we kind of had to get rid of that product. Unfortunately, it started out, like you said, really well as a solid product, but it just again Colorado mile High element there really kicks its butt. So that's where we kind of lean more.
Speaker 2: Well around the country. Is this still doing well? It's still yeah.
Speaker 16: It performs well in other areas out east, you know, anywhere really outside of Colorado, Arizona, Wyoming, kind of this little belt we're in here.
Speaker 2: But again, now I heard another one. Here's another one, a line siding. Have you heard of that? I have not? Okay, apparently it was like the solid product, you know, the polymer product. So you haven't heard of it?
Speaker 16: Well, I have not. I mean, like I said, we are our big ones that we know that can kind of stand the test of time are Hardy, pro Vio Vinyl and mill Run and its great warranty.
Speaker 2: And again, what is pro Via Basically is it just a vinyl product? It is?
Speaker 16: It is a vinyl product. Obviously, tons of different colors and options and caps and whatnot. But it does come with a lifetime warranty that is also one time transferable.
Speaker 2: Okay. Then I have another question. Do you remember the vinyl coded steel and vinyl coded When we talk about vinyl, are we talking about that or are we talking about vinyl straight vinyl or vinyl coded.
Speaker 16: It's straight vinyl. A lot of it is backed too, so it can kind of you know, uh, take a beating as far as hail and what not goes. So, but it is straight vinyl product.
Speaker 2: Okay. Do they make vinyl coded steel anymore?
Speaker 16: And aluminum they might, We don't do it just because of all the issues we had you know with.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, William William, what is your comment on siding?
Speaker 18: Well, I just recently got did some work in the house and I did get quote it was last year. There was a recent K and H, a bunch of folks, all of we're pretty consistent. But to do a Hardy siding on the house was going to be about fifty grand for twelve.
Speaker 2: Hundred and how big is your house?
Speaker 18: About twelve hundred square foot?
Speaker 2: It's a hundred square feet fifty grand?
Speaker 18: Well, I'm talking about the entire foot print inside the house. I don't know what the measurement was outside.
Speaker 16: Yeah, there's a lot of things, you get that, but it can't be that much twelve hundred square feet.
Speaker 4: But no, it was.
Speaker 18: What's that It was pretty consistent amongst everybody in the industry, But for Hardy to be completely redone sooppits and all that stuff, it was going to be about thirty five to fifty grand fifty being outside if they had to replace any OSB So okay, Yi, I mean yeah, man, there was nobody who out there? Crazy?
Speaker 2: What else did you get? What else did you get bids on?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 18: I did the painting, the whole house painting and redoing repairs instead of doing replacement of.
Speaker 2: Hey, so you know what some people are doing, William. They take off the damn siding and they're putting up stucco.
Speaker 18: Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it. It was a good, good idea. I just yeah, I didn't have OSB under there.
Speaker 2: Damn. I'm wondering how much you know. I wonder if you compare like stucco to like other kinds of siding, what that would be, Robert, what do you think as far as comparisons, do you know, like James Hardy or another good siding versus stucco? Is siding a bit cheap?
Speaker 16: You know, we don't do any stucco, so I can't really do any price comparing there.
Speaker 2: I do it, but certainly though when it comes certainly when it comes to selling, though, you have to sell against some of this stuff.
Speaker 16: Yeah, no, one hundred percent. I'm not the sales rep, so I can't really. I don't want to speak out of turn here, but I just can't. We don't really see your doc and stuff too much.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about free tickets. If you want free tickets, you can get free tickets. That's one thing we know for sure if you get a free estimate three oh three four to one seventy one hundred four to one seventy one one hundred. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, So Deputy Chopper has some follow ups. Deputy Chopper, let's go with a couple of them. Here, what's happening?
Speaker 1: I just have one.
Speaker 11: We had a caller Antonio call a couple of days ago about a problem at a mortuary where there.
Speaker 2: Was a yes, Sir of.
Speaker 11: The husband, and they opened up the casket and the remains was in part separated from everything.
Speaker 2: Now, this this was the viewing of I think of his wife, but I might be wrong, but in any case, it was terrible. What was his name?
Speaker 11: I didn't get the husband's name, but Antonio was a friend of the family. I did reach out to a very good friend of mine who's been in the business for forty four years, and he could not believe this. It just is not the standard policy. And we talked about it for some time and he thought the only way it could have happened is the martuary didn't realize what the shape of the body was at.
Speaker 1: The time, and.
Speaker 11: Because my friend said he would never ever show a body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what, so what happened in this particular case. You don't have the guy's first name. I can't look it up.
Speaker 10: What was we know?
Speaker 11: Antonio?
Speaker 2: Antonio? Okay, got it? So so what what ended up happening? Anything?
Speaker 11: Well, since Antonio was caught was just calling on his own, I said, because the family is in uh oh okay ceremonies, have the husband call us if there's still an issue, because yeah.
Speaker 2: Because wasn't this service supposed to be this Friday?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 11: It was, Uh, it was it's a Catholic service that was going to be a mass and then the cremation this Friday.
Speaker 9: So I wanted.
Speaker 11: The the husband agreeve and get it and then call us if he had some issues, because it's rough when we're getting a third hand caller, you know, talking about something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. And so you didn't call the.
Speaker 1: Husband, No he didn't.
Speaker 11: He didn't. Again, it was his wife's wife's friend and he didn't have that information. It was supposed to say, okay stuff, and he never did. All right, you want to add one thing.
Speaker 2: Well, well we're still available if he needs help. So what's going on now? Bro?
Speaker 1: With the other one?
Speaker 11: The oh, this one, this one might shock us too. But remember the guy that had the sixteen year old washing machine and he bought parts from Sears and he decided, with my talking, to go buy a new washing machine. And Serious said send back the parts and we'll give you a refund. Guess what, Tom Serious dead the refund?
Speaker 2: Wow? Holy crap?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How oh man, Okay, that's good. Did he have to send the parts back?
Speaker 11: Yes, he did have to send the parts back. They did deduct the diagnosis of one hundred and twenty dollars but he got like six hundred and sixty dollars back, I think, and he's happy because he has to do a washing machine. And to be honest, that's the first time I heard Sears ever doing anyth be good. You know, since I've been with you, well, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Sears is a freaking dinosaur. I mean, they're dying. Can you imagine. I mean, if we look over the years at how things have changed, Holy crap, some of these giant names are No. One and some of these people come out of nowhere in there everything. I mean, think about how the world of commerce has changed. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's eleven Seers stores left, and the majority are in California.
Speaker 2: Do you think this could ever happen to a Walmart. No, They're too advanced, aren't they? And the largest retailer in the world. Plus they adapt well. Sears at one time probably was up there. But I think that the word I'm looking for is adaptation. Those who adapt stay right, Okay, I remember telling Rocky's autos that they never believed in the Internet. Anyway, They're unfortunately gone. Right. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denvers Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 16: D So you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come runouss as can shoot, is gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come Dix is the Troubleshooter Show Now Tom Martinez, Hey, Hey, Hey, we're here solving.
Speaker 2: Problems, answering questions, taking your plates. Make your life a little easier if we can each end every day Welcome one and all, whether you're joining us on the air, whether you're joining us on YouTube, or whether you're joining us on the radio app. God, it's amazing how many calls I'm getting the farthest one, I've gotten two of them. What do you think they are? Mark? And it's weird. It's weird. In fact, one cafe they gather to listen to the show in Alaska, some remote part of Alaska. Hello Alaskans, and anyway, Russia the other That's what I was just gonna say that, that's right. Well, the guy just he texted me the other day. They're still there, this village in Russia. I mean, I don't know why, but it's pretty cool. So and speaking of Russia, Deputy d was from there, and so, uh, you know, how the heck and what the heck do they want?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: What do they what do they want to hear from this show that would be of use to them? And of course we have not. I've never gotten texted from anywhere farther than that. But I will give away a gift. I'll send you some swag and whatever you want, up to one hundred dollars, like maybe Amazon or something, if you text me and I'm going to verify it. So don't pretend from the farthest, the farthest text I get or email or contact on YouTube the farthest went away. Today we'll get a prize three oh three seven to one three talk And I don't mean mentally distant, because that would be Doc, he'd win. We're talking about geographically distant, all right, So what's on your mind today? We don't have for the first time, we don't have calls, So I'm going to go to some texts. Tom Hardy board, Hearty siding and anything like that is totally compromised if someone does not install it properly. So what they're what they mean by that is basically they have to have the nails or the you know, yeah nails. They don't screw it in right, and it can't penetrate the surface. All it's it's you've got to be highly skilled to install it properly. And they say that they'd rather not do it now. Align siding, by the way, somebody texted me and said they have it and they love it, and it's kind of like the old polymer sightings I talked about. But it's a composite cladding. It's by gen Tech, And I was trying to think about this line because it is a total solid product and the colors are impregnated and it's a pretty damn nice uh it's it's a pretty nice product a line, and I believe Genesis does that right, Mark, didn't they say they did that, Jennie. Yeah, Uh, Genesis Total ex Series and Gravinas. I believe Gravina's man. They do a little bit of everything, for sure. They have you know, like I said, fifty lines of windows, multiple lines of doors and windows, and that's Gravina, by the way, Gravina Windows dot Com. Nine to fifty West Evans and god, we've had them on our list for years and year and years, Larry and now Nick and then of course Larry worked with his dad nine to fifty West Evans, Graffina Windows dot Com. And when we talk about heritage, we've been blessed, Mark, We really have been blessed by the people that we do business with. I mean we really have. When you talk about things that could go wrong with companies, I mean, if you think about it, we haven't had a lot of bad companies over the years. They exist. You know, we've had a couple of duds here and there, but it's general. I think not was it Solar, No, I forget the name, so I don't want to say I think it was, but that one. Yeah, that guy, Oh god.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. Though, he didn't start out bad, No, No, he was a pretty good company for a while. See, here's the thing. There are a lot of companies that fail, not because of dishonesty or anything, but for other reasons. And when they fail and they go downhill, it's how they handle it that counts. And that's why we always keep a really close watch on everything we do when it comes to endorsing companies. I mean, if you think about it, mark maybe two or three and I say bad ones or where they ended badly. And when you think of the thousands of people on the referral lists over the years and the people we've endorsed. Now, by the way, this is really frightening. There's been a new study and under Health Watch and CBS News is reporting it. Microplastics in human brains are increasing over time.
Speaker 13: They have.
Speaker 2: In an article published by Nature Medicine, the University of New Mexico. Researchers found microplastics in human brains in the last eight to ten years have increased fifty percent. I don't even know how they know this, but apparently they have tracked results of autopsies and brain tissue samples have before it used to be liver and kidney. Now brain samples show high concentrations of microplastics. I mean, what the hell is going on? It seems like plastics are everywhere, and to me that's frightening. I mean it's just like there's nothing you can do about it. It's in soil, it's in everything. I don't know how you would or how people who manufacture food products could even detect plastic. I'm not even talking about the obvious like packaging and all that. I'm talking about stuff that is absolutely hidden from us and no detection available. So super Bowl ads this year this is another thing that I find fascinating. Not only are they paying five million dollars for thirty seconds? Can you imagine that?
Speaker 10: Five time? It was million million, eight million.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not five it's eight million.
Speaker 10: Million for a thirty second spot.
Speaker 2: Holy crap. Where did I get this five? Oh? That was hold on, Yeah, you're right. This was an average over the last few years. This is eight million. So what's big? What's the biggest thing being advertised in twenty twenty five in the Super Bowl? Well, consumer packaged goods. They call it as a general category. What would a consumer package? I don't even know what that means? Consumer packaged goods? So here's the thing. Next category being advertised is food and beverage. So those are the biggest ones package goods. I still have to find out what the hell that means? No break Tom and they know that would come under wouldn't that come under food and beverage?
Speaker 10: But it's it's packaged goods also.
Speaker 2: Okay, Anyway, the other one is let's see, here's the other one. Uh, Tech is number three being advertised. Financial service is number four, automobile's number uh is number three, media, retail, pharma, travel, betting, and then that's it. Betting is at the bottom of the barrel. You would think that would be big, right and uh so the the the thing about improvement, body awareness and body improvement would be under h under both tech and retail and pharma. So some of these stem different categories. Then there are first timers doing their Super Bowl ad. Can you imagine allotting eight million dollars for one thirty second commercial? Imagine that and wanting to get a payoff on that. We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three Talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Frank Thrand, the real estate man, will do a market valuation of your home and predict or tell you what he can sell it for or what it will sell for what you cannet based on the local expenses and how your home compares. This is all a free analysis with absolutely no obligation. It's not a drive by, it's a complete detailed analysis. Frankrandreal Estate Man dot com three oh three nine two zero.
Speaker 16: Two.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Margina here three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. We're here to help you solve problems, to answer questions, to make complaints, make your life a little easier by the way, no political or ideology being advertised this year, we're told. And also Chinese companies, they were all over the game last year, and there they've cut way back. China is kind of afraid of what And we're talking about Super Bowl advertising of what the government's going to do, and we were also just talking about something that I believe is business as usual nowadays. It used to be that when the government took action and they did something, whether it be for consumers. Mostly that's what I've been interested in over the years, or it's been more on the social lifestyle or the economic or finance ring or realm. Here's something that's been really weird, well, I mean not really weird, but the fact of life recently is that you get a pendulum that swings from being anything, goes to being conservative to being whatever in between. And it seems like the American people put up with a certain amount and then say no more of this than they put up with that, and they say no more of this, and it goes back and forth. It really does. Okay, it really does, and we no longer have moderation like you have all or nothing. For example, under Biden and his administration, which would clearly be called liberal. We had clearly an administration who did certain things a certain way, and now we have an administration basically doing almost the opposite. If you take Title nine for example, which is about women's sports and sports in general and scholastics, Biden basically had a rule that anyone could be classified as any gender they want, which just a statement. There had to be There were no drugs involved, no surgeries involved, nothing you could just switch. And I know personally a case where there was this kid in college who could not make it. He was the worst. Oh, I'll just tell you what it was. It was fencing. He was the lousiest fencer you want to see, okay, and it was a Division one competition and the school took it quite seriously. So he comes back in his I believe his third year, and he continued through his fourth year. He comes back as a woman. He did not take drugs and did not have surgery, completely simply saying I am now a woman. He was allowed to join the women's fencing team and displaced people on there who.
Speaker 10: You to be.
Speaker 2: The top. And now he was being the worst male fencer became the best fencer on the female team. Went out and won all kinds of prizes and medals and honors. Think about that. Now, under Trump, he's and by the way, in high school, the same thing. Right. Under Trump, he basically does an order saying, no, this is the way it's going to be. If you're born, whatever you're born, you're going to stay. When it comes to athletes, you're not allowed to compete with female athletes. They called it an assault on They went way farther than just make make the executive order. They made it a whole thing like you know, hey, it's not fair, and a lot of people agree with it. Right. I don't know where you stand, but a lot of people agree. In fact, a lot of people had no profit and agree. Yeah. And here's the thing, Mark, no one really, well I shouldn't say no one. People really had no problem with you wanting to identify with another gender. I mean, if that wasn't their problem, like whether it be prison or whether it be anywhere. The problem they had is when those rights encroached on others. I mean, let's face it, I know that people wanted to make it sound like hate. If you felt like a guy who simply decided he's now a woman, a lot of people thought it was hateful if you were against that him competing with your fourteen or fifteen year old girl. I mean, they would say, oh, you're a hateful person because you won't let this person do that. And what's amazing to me is how many women's advocacy groups went along with it. They went along with it and said, yep, if he says he's a woman, he can compete with us. And they were basically beating the hell out of him, and women that waited so long to be on teams were displaced by this. Now, it wasn't a big number, it wasn't a giant volume. There's an open mic somewhere somebody might want to want to hear. I guess it was Doc's Mike, go ahead, Doc.
Speaker 20: What if the at the Amateur Athletic Union keeps track of times for the hundred yard dash, the woman who was the fastest woman in the hundred yard dash had over too literally over two thousand men who were faster than.
Speaker 2: Her, and she was the fastest, and she.
Speaker 10: Was the fastest woman. There's just no comparison.
Speaker 6: Well, the tennis players are the ones that blow me away. The uh, the Williams sisters, both of them. A mediocre college player, mediocre college tennis player can beat the hell ten out of ten times. It's market.
Speaker 20: Serena is on a talk show and she said, look, but this is almost a direct quote. I don't want to play against men. It's a different sport. It's a different game. If I played, I think you said, Murray, he would beat me in ten minutes, six to oh, six to oh. It's faster, it's stronger. I have no desire to play men. They just do good. And that was a direct quote from Serena Williams.
Speaker 6: And the colleges, by the way, you're going to have to follow that new executive order or else. You know what happens, right, if they're caught with the gender bathrooms and all that stuff and letting men play on female sports, they're not going to get any more money.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's true. I think that anyway, the way it is now is it seems pretty fair, right. I don't know what's going to happen because a lot of the states and organizations have threatened to sue. Now, I would love and I've always said this, but people just don't take us up on I would truly love to hear from people who feel differently and why because I often wonder about it. For example, with any issue, I mean, let's just talk about it without without being staunch or dogmatic. I want to hear what you have. For example, with immigration, I don't understand why people feel what is going on right now with immigration is wrong. Why are there people who believe Now I'm not talking about I am not talking about people who are here illegally, which in itself is illegal, but those who are against having criminals deported. We literally have our mayor and our government not wanting ICE to have access to criminal data on people. What does that say? It's obviously not in favor of just immigrants, it's in favor of immigrants who committed crime. They are literally are you know the mayor of Denver? God, what, what a terrible mistake he is? This guy is nuts? What what? What is his reasoning? I would love to talk to him. Why does he believe that people who commit crime in America after illegally entering or have a criminal record, why should they be protected? You see, I'm asking does anyone know their reasoning?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 2: Do you know their reasoning? Seriously? Do you know their reasoning. Well, that's what I want to know. But I'm one of the few people that actually want to know. I would, in fact, i'd let them explain. I wouldn't interrupt him and say, but blah blah blah blah. I would love to hear. And I know Dan Caple has asked that every day, you know, just come on. Then he'd want Oh of ques. Do you notice how politicians and people people people listening right now who might think, oh, Tom, you're nothing but a jerk. You know, you're you're hateful. You know that's a bad favorite word in the world. What I'd like to know is, why don't you call me and let me know your true reasoning? Monty, let me know your reasoning. Okay, Monty loves texting behind a keyboard, right, and he's he's perfectly willing to let criminals remain in this country committing crimes. Why And I don't want to just take him. I want to take Kim and all the other liberals who text and call or leave messages. I want to know your reasoning. Now. Let's forget about just regular people who come in illegally, or people who want to solemn or anything else. Let's just focus on those in the country selling drugs, prostitution, committing assaults, rapes burglaries, thefts, car theft. Why does Mayor Johnson want to protect him? Is that a fair question? Why do you want to protect them? Now? Now, maybe they'll say, well, they're entitled to do process. We got to take a break. I'd like I just want to know. I promise you if you have crazy ideas or sane ideas in my opinion, I won't give that opinion. I'll let you express them. I'm begging you to give to get your agenda out. This is not someone who's going to shut you down. Call me three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four sixty six. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here, three oh three seven one three talk three three seven one three A two five five. Welcome to the only show of it's kind of anywhere in the universe where we're trying to solve your problems, answer your questions, take your complaints. Here's the text. And somebody says, and this is a good question, how do you know who has the best windows? You advertise various companies with various lines, And I want to answer that because this is a good question on how I can take recommendations or how I make recommendations to more than one source. Well, here's my first here's my first priority. My first honesty, right, not taking money and running, not not stealing, not lying, not cheating, Okay, honesty obviously in my line of work, honesty, I mean, if you're going to lie to consumers, you'll never make it, or you'll make it and then you have to change and chase your tail and so after and all of my people, that's what I insist on. Honesty. The second thing are good products, obviously and service product. Okay, let's put products in service. So you got to be able to install stuff and have good stuff to install both. But here's what's really important. There's more than one good product. We just have to come to grips with that. I don't know if I can say one product is the best for everything. Ever, for anything in any category, including financial products and investments, everything has good products and everything has bad products. There are bad products, right, So one thing you'll hear me advertiser people who have similar products but not bad products. Ever, if I find out a bad a bad product, that they're done, it's over or an inappropriate recommendation. Let's say somebody has a triple pain window that's the most energy efficient window on the market, or they have a particular vehicle or whatever or repair and they offer that repair to someone who has a car and this last leg and it's inappropriate. Right. That's where the honesty comes in. So it's not just who I recommend the honesty and integrity, but I want someone who has great products and services and are apropos. So even though it's a good service, it might not be apropos for you, or a good product, it may not be appropriate for you. So you have to have a combination of good product, good services, honesty, and then the appropriateness of the recommendations. Right. So now it's up to consumers to find out what they need and what their mission is. You may not need the most energy efficient window or furnace, or you may not need the best car repair for particular reasons. You have your reasons and your mission for the product or service. For example, with a financial journey, if your mission is to make as much as you can and you're not concerned necessarily about retirement yet you're a young person, that's different than someone who is afraid of losing money and they want security. Right. So when it comes to a vehicle, if you want a clunker just to get back and forth to work and it's not your dream car, that's different than someone who wants a beautiful dream car, or they want a car they're only going to drive in pristine conditions. So we're talking about mission, which is important, but that's on the consumer to figure out what is their mission, what are they using the product or service for, and what is the best value for them. So that's why I have no problems presenting the buffet of products and services and allowing consumers to make choices. In fact, I don't think even with the very best company in the world, it would be appropriate to me to only do one. I don't think it would ever do ever, as long as the others are equal in ethics and honesty and products and services right have to be the same but equal. So then consumers are forced to compare. And that's what I suggest you always do. And when you compare, you're going to find what you need for your purposes. Now, when you're comparing people outside of my endorsements, you have to be a little more cautious, a little more because I do a lot of due diligence for you. So there's nothing wrong with going outside the referral list or outside of my recommendations. I mean, people do it all the time. Right. If you go outside of my recommendations, then just do a little more due diligence on background, longevity and wherewithal to withstand consumer problems. I give a story about one time years ago, I have an HVAC company that was putting a system in a church and hard with floor and they admit it. They put the ducks in the wrong place. They had to be moved that roomed all the hardwood floors. This company stepped up and replaced the entire church's hardwood floors, removed fues, put down floors, did everything because they had to wherewithal to do it. Now, another company that might be way cheaper, let's say, or of better value in quotes, they could be that one job from bankruptcy. They couldn't afford it.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot more to it than just the people behind it. It's the solvency and the stability that goes with everything. You want people that are stable. So when I talk about this stuff, it's very important to know. That is why I give you multiple choices. I'm Tom Martine and we have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay us until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. So I was addressing multiple products and services and while I recommend them, and it was talking about the variety, and that's good. That also goes for when you're shopping independently for anything. It might be something I never even talk about. And I've said this before over and over, and I promise you it works. In fact, investigator use it in law enforcement, the CIA uses the technique. People use this technique where an agent or someone has dropped, not knowing anything, into an area and they have to gain intelligence. They start asking questions, the same bunch of questions at first, and then those questions they add to those questions based on what they're hearing, like, oh, I should ask about this, because everyone says the color is important or the texture or the timing or the size, or who's doing it or whatever, So then you start adding another question, what color is it? So anyway, you ask enough people, and no matter who is a lot, no matter how many liars or cheaters there are in a group, there will be a thread of truth. They cannot help it. There will be a thread of truth because a lot of liars, cheats, and ripoffs and con men that I've come across in my years of doing this, they always lie and cheat to make money, but there's always some truth in everything they say. I don't think I've ever met a con man that one hundred percent of everything being said is a lie. In fact, it's incredible. Some of them tell mostly truth and just a few lies to make that extra dollar and to get the consumer to say yes. Others say mostly mostly lies and a little bit of truth. Others do half and half. It depends. It's a blend. There's a different blend of truth depending on the line cheating scumbag you're working with. So basically, once you ask enough people, that blend of truth and lies will have things in common. It's impossible to have lies in common because lie are made up. Myths can be common, but not lies not to cheat you. Therefore, the only things that will remain consistent are truthful things. So when you ask enough questions, you will know you'll start hearing common things. And remember lies can't be in common. Well, a few of them can, be maybe here or there, but in general, because they make up lies, lies are usually they stand out. So when you do the outliers in a conversation and you pick that thread of truth, you start learning certain things about products or services. It is something that absolutely works. Okay, now here's a text, Tom. I have no issue whatsoever with sending criminal undocumented immigrants, no undocumented immigrants back to their homeland. I just find it is alarming that Trump is sending immigrants who are under a work permit that Biden led in basically, and Trump resorts and casinos were full of undocumented immigrants until he ran for president and then he fired them. No, I don't know about that. I found out that a specially young lady that I used to entertain casually was sent back to Mexico and she had a special work permit under Biden. I think this is hypocritical. So I had mentioned I would like to know people who justify protecting criminals who are here illegally. Not just here illegally that I know is a crime, but I'm talking about people here illegally that commit crime. Why would you protect them? And this guy who normally loves everything Biden does and hates everything Trump does, says he would have no problem, but he says that's not what Trump's doing. He's targeting all immigrants. So I don't believe that. I believe that first their priority are those ken crime legal You know what hypocritical?
Speaker 20: All these protesters wavy Mexican flags who want to stay in America.
Speaker 10: If you want to stay in America.
Speaker 2: Hang on, We got more. Hang on. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two rip. You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come.
Speaker 5: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martine, Hello Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five. Welcome one and all. Love having you here and hope we can help you. When it comes to problems, questions, complaints, the important thing is to call before they get out of hand. If you have a problem, question, complaint, you need our help and you would like to run something by us and get our opinion even we love doing that. Today. We've had a number of different topics, and it's important that we always talk about what people are calling about, because that's what could happen to you.
Speaker 20: Hey, Tom, yes, sir, oh I have I don't know if I told anybody about the follow up with Jesse and America Gas.
Speaker 10: Remember the lady who got built?
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, hold on, let's before we do the follow up, let's recap what you're even talking about. So let's talk about that. Jesse and America When did that come in? That call?
Speaker 10: About three weeks ago? I think it was. The name was Jesse, Jesse with a She had a problem with America.
Speaker 20: Gas, Okay, and what happened, well, she was being billed five thousand dollars for gas that she never for a tank and so she was sent to a collection agency and apparently while going through her papers, she.
Speaker 2: Thought, did she live in in Pueblo? Does she live in Pueblo, West?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: And she was charged She said for uh here here, here's what she was saying. She gets gas service from the company that was bought by Ameergas. Then America Gas built her suddenly a big bill, seven grand, and she didn't know what it was for. And I said, it could be that Amergas, the new company who bought the old one, is trying to collect on a tank. I don't know what did it turn out to be?
Speaker 20: Well, she I've had to go through some old records to try and get me some receipts, and she found a receipt that sewed she owed no money, that her bill was clean, and she was getting harassed by a collection agency. So I told her to make a copy of it, send it to the collection agency, certified mail, return, receipt, etc.
Speaker 10: That was about two weeks ago, saying leave me alone.
Speaker 20: I don't know any money, and she hasn't heard anything from them since.
Speaker 10: So I think she's in there.
Speaker 2: Here's I think it might be, but I think what's going on. I don't think she does owe a balance for the gas. I think they're going back and America Gas doesn't least tanks and they want her to purchase the tank. That's what I think.
Speaker 20: Well, at any rate, she's been left alone and the collection agency hasn't bothered us since.
Speaker 2: Okay, now that's good, and that's been a while, right. And were they contacting her every month? Right?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 10: They were, you know, trying to get her to pay.
Speaker 20: And you know, she's a she's eighty nine years old, and so she was a little bit taken aback by the collection agency. But once we got her to send that letter, everything's been cleared up.
Speaker 2: Good, good act excellent. Hey, deputy, dear, are you working on anything? By the way, I've wanted to know what you're whether it's sold or not. Are you working on any people always ask, yeah.
Speaker 12: You know, I do have a conclusion to a case from January twenty third. I don't know if you were here that day, but a gentleman by the name of Don called in because.
Speaker 2: He had a company an electrician.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well yeah, Don is the consumer and he had an contractor called Copper Connections, which sounds to me like an electrical contractor install an electrical panel for him.
Speaker 14: And basically the you know, to summarize.
Speaker 12: To summarize, Don's concern is that he was being charged eighty nine hundred dollars for this panel, and he feels that it's.
Speaker 2: More like, well, hold on, but did he agree to the work and now he's complaining about the price.
Speaker 14: There is the crux of the problem.
Speaker 12: So I spoke with Electrical Connections, and neither Electrical Connections nor Don actually have a signed contract. They don't even have an unsigned contract.
Speaker 2: The name is Electrical Connection. Yeah, well, why did they replace the panel?
Speaker 12: Well, I didn't ask Don why he wanted to to have it replaced, but it was his intent to replace the panel.
Speaker 2: And well why did he call them to begin with?
Speaker 12: Oh well, I don't know how it all got started because I was just working on the resolution.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he called, he called Electrical connection for some reason. We don't know.
Speaker 12: Well, we do know, we do know this, and it's and it's and it's important. Electrical Connections sent me a copy of the proposal that they gave to Don. It was a little over ten thousand. It was approximately ten or eleven thousand to install the to install the electrical panel, some sort of an electronic device like a big search protector and or something similar to it, and roofing work.
Speaker 2: And well that's because they have to put up the masks.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but none of it was broken down into here's how much for this, for that and the other thing.
Speaker 2: So how much was the total price?
Speaker 14: Approximately eleven thousand dollars?
Speaker 12: Okay, Now, neither party to this matter actually has a signed contract or an itemized proposal.
Speaker 2: But they went ahead and did the work.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he authorized them to do the work of the electrical.
Speaker 2: Well how did he authorize them? And there's nothing in writing verbally.
Speaker 12: So he said, hey, I don't want the roofing work, and I don't want this other electrical device. And it was either a converter or or a giant search protect or something like that doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: So he Wow, is he ever going to prove that, I mean, I authorized.
Speaker 14: The point with that? Well no, he so that don the caller.
Speaker 12: He admits to having authorized the electrical panel, okay, and Copper Connections admits that he decided to forego the other work.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they all agree on that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they all agree on that. The problem is there is no itemized proposal, so it's really impossible to tell how much of it was for the electrical panel. And here comes the problem. Now that the work has been completed. Don says, no way, it's worth eighty nine hundred, it's worth five thousand bucks times.
Speaker 2: He can't do that.
Speaker 14: He can't.
Speaker 12: So I spoke with Electrical Connections, and I spoke with the gentleman by the name of Adam, who's very forthcoming. He was he was very much looking forward to getting this issue resolved.
Speaker 2: So the panel is eighty nine hundred. Yes, well they guess what. That's not out of line.
Speaker 12: No, it's not out of line, especially since Adam offered, in writing in an email to me to as a courtesy to Don, just reduce it to sixty two hundred dollars, which Adam says, it's really just their cost.
Speaker 14: So I thought that was a pretty good game.
Speaker 2: What is a concerner? Didn't like that? Well, and Don could go to hell. Basically, I mean we have Don did everything wrong. They did everything wrong. They both You know, you don't just arbitrarily get to name it's not the price is right where you get to name the price well.
Speaker 12: Exactly, And we all agree that electrical connection deserves some sort of payment, but apparently Don hasn't paid them any So now, well, now where it stands is.
Speaker 2: They ought to put a lien on his side.
Speaker 12: Look, and good Tom wants to pay forty five hundred. They said that they'll settle for sixty two hundred. So when I told Don that, you know, he got a little crabby and he said, I'll just handle this matter on my own.
Speaker 2: And he only wants to PAYMAS forty five. And where'd he come up with that price? I don't know of anybody in the world who will do a complete electrical panel for forty five hundred bucks.
Speaker 12: Well I don't either. But that was the end of the matter. You know, that was the end of my involvement. My goal was to kind of broker sort of a settlement to this where neither party five marked this that.
Speaker 2: The consumer is being completely unreasonable.
Speaker 12: Yeah, somewhat unreason in my opinion. So I had to close that case. But that's about all I could do in that matter.
Speaker 2: Look, I get what people when people don't like pricing, but you don't get to just name your price.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, Don did say that he got two bids after the fact, of course, from other electricians come on. But Electrical Connection says, hey, these aren't Apple to Apple comparisons. There's different amperage, different there's different this and different that.
Speaker 14: So they're kind of an impasse.
Speaker 12: But I think the moral of the story, and this is the allegory that I think we all can benefit from, is Geez sign a contract?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right? I mean again, Uh, the pricing overall was reasonable and they should they should have accepted it. I'm Tom Martino three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Max Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three Talks seven one, three, A two five five. Mike, what's going on in your life? Mike? How can we help you?
Speaker 1: Mister Martine, thank you?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: And I've got a new I've got a new construction home that was built last spring. There's now a.
Speaker 2: New construction home that you bought from the builder.
Speaker 1: Correct, Okay, aught it after it was built, so we didn't get to choose everything. It was built finished, and we purchased it.
Speaker 2: From the builder.
Speaker 1: Correct, Okay, is building homes around us in a new development. There's two holes dug behind me that are being getting ready to have poured.
Speaker 2: And what was the name of this builder?
Speaker 1: It's CTG, So I mean, okay, Okay and CTG. I believe they're home out of Colorado Springs. So, Michael is, I know you guys talk about all the time you can't sue for what it could a right?
Speaker 2: So, well, it depends, it depends on how you're couching that. Give me the specific example. You can really sue for anything, but it'll be dismissed immediately if it has no grounds. So tell me what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Well, so my concern is we have drainage issues where when it rains and some of the snowstorms we've had recently, I get pooling water in my backyard that is coming from a neighbor to the north of me and from the two holes of the foundations that are being dug behind me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to know something. I want to know something, Mike. This is really important. The the uh drainage problems, as you call them. Where are you in line on the field of drainage from where the drain In other words, are both of these homes or all of these noxious me? Are all of these contributors to your water above you in the drainage plan and that's based on elevation and the actual drainage plan that's correct, both okay, and they're above you.
Speaker 1: Is above me, and the two properties behind me also sit above me.
Speaker 2: And when you say they're okay and so, have you looked at the drainage plan for that subdivision?
Speaker 1: Well, and that's that's what's interesting. I don't know that there is a drainage plan. I've asked some of them.
Speaker 2: They have to have one to have a planned unit development. What county is.
Speaker 1: It, Fremont County?
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, now here's something I want to say, I know of no build or not builder, a developer ever ever that can do a subdivision without a drainage plan, and so it's just impossible. But what I want to know is the lot that the house was built on. The drainage plan is done by the developer. The developer can be both the developer and the builder, or just the developer. If the developer sold a lot to the builder, the builder is not responsible for the drainage. They're only responsible for the grading around the house. So okay, what I need to know is is the developer and the builder the same one and the same they are? And you know that, right, I do know that? Yes, good good. Now next question is going to be what is the name of the subdivision and are you in it? Are you in? Are there two or three subdivisions and some of the ones draining onto you are in another subdivision.
Speaker 1: Now, it's one subdivision that's fairly new, meaning just a few years old. It's called Gold Canyon Estates.
Speaker 2: And it's in Canyon City, right, correct, Yes, okay, Now, Gold Canyon Estates has a PUD filing Planned Unit Development. In that filing, there will be everything. There will be common areas, easements, utility easements, setbacks, there will be access and there will be drainage. Okay, so you said you weren't sure, did you. Yeah, you know, you can't ask anything you want. I just want to lay down the basics. Keep going, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I guess next question is, for example, the home that's next door to me to So my house faces west and I've got a home that literally is next door to me to the north. Okay, it's a little bit elevated above me. That home has been in I think for about three years. My home is brand new, meaning it's less than eight months old. So the house that is above elevation to me to the north's three years old. Their property is draining onto my property. It's one of the issues that I have that I've discovered. I've brought in almost forty tons of rock to try to mitigate some of that, but I'm still getting pooling water in the center of my yard a foot deep, and at this point it's not causing a problem flooding in my crawl space. And I do have a sump pump. My concern.
Speaker 2: Tell me who you would sue, Mike. Let's just say Let's just say you want to sue, who would you sue?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm almost questioning, and I know you've talked about this. Also, the city is impossible to suit. My question is how does a builder? How do I determine has the builder done all his due diligence to make sure he's done it correctly? And the city is responsible for not having a drainage plan.
Speaker 2: No, the city is never responsible. Neither is the county that it would be the developer. But let me explain something. They do have a drainage plan okay, okay, and let me tell you something else based on precedence. Okay, that means just this has been argued for a million years. Well not really, but you know what I mean. Here's what I'm going to tell you about drainage. Usually, drainage is a generalized plan. It goes from high to low with some diversions and retentions. When instructed by engineers, it ultimately just stops at the end of their property, okay, and into a basin or whatever whatever the county or the engineers or people instruct So here's what I'm going to tell you about that. Usually drainage is not as sophisticated as people think, and usually it's the one, the lower one that has the least rights. And then you pass the water on to the people below you, and they pass it on to the people below them, unless there is retention on your lot or berms or diversion. So it's not that sophisticated. If the short answer is this, if lots, if houses are draining onto your property, that's your problem unless they purposely diverted water from the natural flow onto your property. Okay, natural drainage, I'm giving you general answers. Okay, it may not be specific to you, but in general, natural drainage goes from higher to lower. Usually no one is allowed to deal with to mess with that. So if the houses are higher to lower and yours is lower, you're going to get the drainage. You don't have an action against anyone unless they're doing something purposely to cause you damage. I mean, in other words, if they're simply grading around their house like a normal house and it's draining to the lots below them, they're doing nothing wrong. But let's say that their lot naturally drains in three directions or four and they grew aid the property, so all of that diversion goes in one direction yours. That may be a violation, that may be negligence. But Mike, it is far cheaper, no matter what you do, to handle the drainage on your property and pass it down than it is to fight everyone above. You got it, unless there is egregious stuff going on here, like the builder. Developer was totally reckless, had no regard for the law, never did a drainage plan, et cetera, et cetera. But that's going to take a lot of due diligence for you to prove that.
Speaker 1: Would you? Would you mind? Tom? And I know you have to go, but can I send you some pictures and you guys just take a.
Speaker 2: Peek out, But tell me what it would show that would change what I just said? What would it show?
Speaker 1: Because the developer behind me, when they dug the whole? That changed. I never had any problems, you.
Speaker 2: Just really you just said the developer behind you. So are we talking about another developer or the developer builder that you bought from?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the same developer builder I bought from when they dug.
Speaker 2: Okay, what did they do when they dug the hole?
Speaker 1: What it just all of a sudden, I had really significant amounts of water pooling in the center of my yard.
Speaker 2: Okay. And before that, what was on that lot, it was.
Speaker 1: Just a hill, just a bare hill, okay. And they've dug out huge, two big holes to poor foundations.
Speaker 2: Okay, well what did they do negligently?
Speaker 1: They're going to get filled in obviously, But yeah, I just you know, like you guys have always said, I don't want to get to the point where elveson I have big damage. Where do I go with it? And that's I just needed your advice.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what you need to do. You need to hire an engineer to come and say what they're doing is negligent. Short of that, you have nothing, and digging a hole to build a house is not negligent. Right now, the building department might have something to say that they need to do temporarily while they're building. They may have them divert water. But for the most part, Mike, drainage changes as houses are built. Sure, and this is an age old problem. You're not guaranteed anything except that the water above you is going to drain to you and you're going to drain below you. You just can't upset the natural flow, right, and it doesn't sound like that that's what the builder's doing. But get an engineer to talk to you about it, and then can you sue if somebody was neglis, if somebody is doing something intentional or destructive or negligent, sure you consume them. I don't think you're going to find it though, Mike. I just that's my personal opinion. Being both or being all uh a consumer advocate, a builder, past builder, and past developer. I'm just I'm just telling you I don't It might happen, but I think you're going to spend more time and energy trying to prove that than fixing it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think. Thank you very much, Tom, I appreciate the advice.
Speaker 2: But ask an engine ask an engineer, and let me know what you find out. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I got a couple texts here talking about drainage. Tom, I disagree with you. If you're established first, your house takes precedent in a drainage plan. That is absolutely, positively not true. Now, you do have some rights if your house was there before. In that no one can intentionally violate your house or property to cause it destruction. Drainage is not considered destruction. Drainage in its natural flow or as directed by a city or county or army corps of engineers. That's what it is. Then on a drainage plan, those above take precedent to those below. So what you need to do is establish your house or where you want to build a house before buying the land or before buying that house that might be already built, what is unbuilt around it, and what could possibly happen in the future. We've actually had cases where people bought homes and had to build retaining walls after years later because those other lots were finally sold. They're not doing anything wrong unless it is intentional changing of existing drainage or against recommendations. You know, a lot can be said and it happens now where it's a little well, it's almost the same. Some people buy next to Easeman's and they don't know what those easements are. They just buy. We have some cases where one particular case where a guy bought next to a big swath of land that was actually his owned commercial Okay, it was years ago, never used, but years later after buying his house, comes a car dealership. I believe he sued them for light pollution or they changed the lights. He sued them. Now he made a partial win. That's because I believe the court said, you can make some alterations to keep that light from flooding onto this guy's property.
Speaker 16: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And as it turned out, they you know, they were amenable to it. But in general, you need to know what you're buying. If you buy land that was dedicated to a city and county and it's not yet being used, don't assume, oh, I'm on public land. It'll never be used. A city or county can sell that public land, and when they sell it, they can actually change the zoning for the buyer. So you're next to a green belt that turns out to be a Walmart. It can happen. You have to know, and that's why I give that visualization, and I think I'm going to do that and put it on social media of the target when you're buying property, making the bullseye where your house is, and before you buy the property, looking at all the rings and making sure your ducks are in a row. You know, from access to taxing districts, to all of that, it's really important that you know what is in store for you when it comes to buying a house or buying land. You even need to check the financial condition of taxing districts around you. It's all part of your due diligence. I've given this story a number of times. People who moved in to a certain area down south on I twenty five near Castle Pines three years and years ago, bought into a failing district and had to pony up cash to keep it afloat. It was a capital assessment, just like an HOA would call. If you're part of a district. You're part of the membership that has to keep it going. So if you have any questions, give us a call. It's always better to call before you make a mistake, then after you bought something and said, oh my god, I shouldn't have done it. Now here are some texts. Mike Johnston is a speed talking fool. He makes no sense. Somebody else says that he is good hearted and means well. I just don't understand his justification for wanting to protect criminals. Now, somebody said they the reason for pandering to illegals. They believe that their fellow US Hispanic citizens agree with it, and they're playing to the Hispanic vote. You know what's funny, guess who won the Hispanic vote this time around Trump, which is really amazing. Here's another text. Tom Governor Polis has gone on show saying he's against aiding criminal people. Criminal undocumented aliens or undocumented I don't know what the hell do you call him anymore, illegal immirance. If they've committed crime, he's all for having them deported. But he's saying that's not what's being done. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass and Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter. I want to remind you if you call three oh three Martino twenty four to seven, we will get you on the show. Please leave your number and we will text or call you and get an arrange to get you on the show. You can also do that directly to me, and people don't believe me when I tell you it comes right to my cell phone. As soon as you text me I mean that's tonight at home, I'll get it seven four seven nine nine fifty two eighty. I keep that text on twenty four to seven so you can get directly to this phone and it'll ping me seven four seven, I waity, that's a quick question, consumer problem injustice, and we can arrange to get you on the show. You can also use that for Wave eight, the number eight Waveeightcapital dot com and any request you want from me regarding your financial situation, investment advice, if you want to go over your portfolio or just get some advice. I promise you. We have so many people responding. I don't have to snag you. If you simply want to talk with no obligation, I don't care. I'll talk to you about it. I am just so helpent on people not making financial mistakes. You'd be shocked at how many people get roped in to products and services they don't need, or they're big so with some big company that charges them a management feed and doesn't know good So remember text me on anything seven four seven nine nine. Now I want to mention a few things. We have people who are texting me about drainage and they don't understand what I'm saying. Basically, they're saying, Tom, people can't just build around you and hurt you with their runoff. That's absolutely true, but they can keep the natural flow, a natural drainage going around them to you with no recourse. They can't divert other drainage to you, so they can't disturb the natural flow. You might think, well, a building automatically disturbs the flow. That's all accounted for in a drainage plant. Things go around you. It doesn't make for more drainage. It simply goes around you. Right, So what you can't do is instead of letting it go around you, you divert it ninety degrees and send it down another place where it wouldn't normally go. That could hurt someone down the line. That could be actionable. Drainage is one of the most misunderstood things there are when it comes to buying property. So well established neighborhoods there's a reason why you know they come with a premium, because all of these things have been worked out years ago. I want you to remember it's too late to get on the air right now, but you can call three L three Martino at any time three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six, and if you leave a message, we will get back to you. I promise you that. Also, I want you to join us whenever we're on YouTube, because there's like a show within a show, you can listen to the radio and still do YouTube, and that's under the channel referral list. And then of course, as far as Discord, I don't control that. So if the people at Discord want to let you in, it's going to be it's going to be fun and behind the scenes, even more so than YouTube itself.
Speaker 9: So uh.
Speaker 2: Somebody has another question about buying a used car, and they said, with a home inspector, you can't leave a You can't get a home inspector in trouble for missing something. What about a used car inspection? What guarantees come with it? For example, you talked about shared and autotech. Let me explain this. No one's going to guarantee anything with a check, but if they lied to about it or were negligent, you would have some recourse, but not a good faith check. And it's always better to check than not to check. I'm Tom Martino. Remember three to zero three Martino twenty four to seven referrals dot com for help, information and referrals, and you can text at seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty save all your problems for me.