Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Mess Mornings with Me Jeff Grubb, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're going to be talking about the biggest game game yet that is getting delayed to Dodge Grand Theft out of six, and what to expect from Summer Game Fest, which is going to put us out a commission on the show for the rest of the week after today's show, everybody, so let's make it a good one, which it will be because we have lex Luddy on the show.
Speaker 2: Lexie, how are you doing. I'm not doing too bad.
Speaker 3: I'm celebrating two family birthdays at the moment. My brother was yesterday, my mom's today, So shout outs to them.
Speaker 2: It's been nice.
Speaker 3: To hang out with those folks and they're pretty great. So happy birthday to them.
Speaker 1: All right, excellent? Yeah, happy birthday the extended Luddy family. Yeah, that's fantastic. When you said you had two family birthdays, like, talk about your two families, your family and your secret family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my family.
Speaker 3: I'm a secret Fanily my secret family is Giant Bomb. I was talking about turbohmp oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, happy birthday again to Turbot Shan's his birthday every week.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Can I tell you that I really upset Turbo Shan this weekend?
Speaker 2: No, what I mean, it's not hard to do, But what do you do?
Speaker 3: I recommend I noticed his first time out at SGEF, and he'll be experiencing the wonders of the Kiwi food that they provide. They provide you the tickets, and you know, you go up and you're like, I want a burrito and they give you a burrito a lot. I want a sonic milk thing and they give you a sonic milk thing or whatever.
Speaker 1: The rfk's inverted pyramid. Yeah, that's what you're describing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so I told him to order the Lexi Special, which is what I got one of the days that I was at SGF, where I think they misunderstood either my accent or what I said, or they just looked at how white I will and were like, this is what you actually want? And they gave me a Bali show with nothing but rice and salt setish.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that's uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah that we we coined boys salad with nachos. That's a whole other kind of of just alternative food there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look they are doing their best.
Speaker 3: I was like, I wasn't gonna complain and I ate the whole thing because I was fucking hungry. And Sean was like this, this goes against my culture. And I had to break it to him, like, but the other half your culture, it's deeply in tune.
Speaker 2: With Yeah, okay, and that's what upset and yeah, that'll do it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, he's a he's proud that he can handle that Mexican food for sure, handle it, of course he can. But you really, uh, you've kind of just knocked me off my my moors over here because I can't stop thinking about Sonic being milked now and that's what they're serving at SGF. Keiley insist on it. That's a disgusting image. They just won't go away, and I'm ruined.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Actually, SGF is coming up. I know, I know you're not coming this year. Good don't come to the United States. Don't do it this year. But we got plans to like just kick back at home, watch everything comment online.
Speaker 2: What are your plans?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Honestly, the main problem with not going is that everything's on at like two am.
Speaker 2: I'm a Giant Bomb.
Speaker 3: Live show starts at like four am for me, so I will try to be around and awake for at least some of those things. I will try to be in chat when GB at Night is on for at least some of it. But I will also be trying to get a little bit asleep because I've been a little bit sick the last few weekends.
Speaker 2: So I recover on West.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm actually going up to Dublin Wednesday to meet up with some game developers, so that'll be nice. But yeah, it's it's weird not going. But also, yeah, you couldn't make me go to the US right now if you tried.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, smart. We'll try to get things figured out. Oh if here so everyone can return one day, we'll see.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We're also doing our best, which isn't very good. All right, let's explain ourselves. We're Giant Bomb. Go to GiantBomb dot com and slash join become a premium member. If you do, you're going to be supporting independent games media. We really appreciate it. It goes a long way toward ensuring we can keep doing things the way we want to do it, the way you want it. You know, we try to keep up and cover gaming news here. But then we also just like want to do our own silly, dumb things, and we could do that because we are independent, because we have you all at our back. Thank you so much. It's going to get you add free versions of our shows. It's going to get you premium exclusive shows right now ongoing through the next few weeks, still next couple of weeks at least. It's going to get you early access to Bully the Endurance Run. Yeah, it's worth it. And again it just gives you those warm fuzzies of knowing that you're supporting independent games media as far as this as far as this show goes most weekdays, I Jeff Grub will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting for all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on Twitch welcome, You could always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game Mes Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube Hello YouTube All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with that news that broke late last week. Fable delayed to February twenty twenty seven. Xbox has confirmed this is from Adam Hale's at Windows Central. Despite numerous affirmations that Fable was indeed coming this year, Matt Boody has unfortunately confirmed in a new Xbox podcast that the game has been delayed. In the podcast, Booty States, we talked about Forts Horizon six and how the team at Playground is doing well, also doing really well on Fable. The game is in great shape. Team feels really good. We're excited about.
Speaker 2: Where the game is.
Speaker 1: We want to make sure that the game has a window all its own, so we are going to move it from this fall to February, and again, we really just want to want it to have its own moment to shine. And related to Fable, we will be seeing more of it in the showcase, so we're going to have plenty of people to see people to see it or whatever. Blah blah blah. Okay, yeah, I mean this one just felt like, I'll tell you what, when this got announced, more people than ever. I think we're saying Hey, cool, good. Yeah, not just like, oh, this game needs more time.
Speaker 2: It's beyond that. Now.
Speaker 1: I think everyone's like they're not even saying they need more time. They're just saying they want to give it a chance to succeed away from Grand Theft Auto six. And then I think a lot of people who were saying, oh, good, yeah, put it to next year are saying, yeah, even if I don't care about Grand Theft Auto six, I have five to six other games that I'm going to be playing in that timeframe anyhow, I don't another one or coming along late in the year to add to that pile. You know that pile's not going to go anyway, go away magically on December thirty first. But still, this does feel like it's a good move for a game that seemed like it was destined to come out after Grand Theft Auto in that inn those few weeks between that and Christmas, and it probably just wasn't going to be very good for Fable, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Xbox, despite being a company which exclusively seems to operate on not learning lessons, surely must have learned some lessons from the back to back soft sales of Avowed and Outer Worlds because both of those games.
Speaker 2: That's December or whatever it was. Yeah, all of.
Speaker 3: Those games did not sell as well as they like probably should have when you look at them. Out of Worlds in particular, they had the whole fucking stuff with trying to raise that thing's plice to eighty dollars, which was just fucking nuts that they tried to make that the game that they did that with.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, did you watch any of this podcast?
Speaker 2: No, it's weird.
Speaker 3: It's like a twelve minute podcast, which I get there. Of course they're gonna highly edit hush, but like there's about a minute of the podcast dedicated to like, hey, mat So, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't care. I really don't. I really don't about the booty.
Speaker 3: You're right, they should rename the podcast. They should only talk about how Mad is doing and rename the podcast Booty Call. Yeah, that would when I would actually listen to it.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: But this scene, like they have a busy enough schedule for the end of this year, and like you look at it, it's not even just Xbox games, it's third party games where that they're competing against. It will be one thing if it was Xbox games, and they could shuffle those around, you know, a bit more as they want. But some of these games they just can't move. You have they mentioned Control Residence, I was gonnac To Race alongside Plant Theft Auto six. I don't really think those are like necessarily the biggest hitters in the world, but there's still stuff that they have to move around that they can't move themselves. And if there was one of these games which I bet could do with as much time as possible, it is that Fable game. And also, like I think an early twenty twenty seven like that kind of Capcom Zone suits Fabled pretty well. When it's quiet and people have come off of Game of the Year and people are excited about like playing games again, and the ki Le's have just happened, and Christmas has just happened, and people are excited about like what games can be and all of this. Like there's some amount of positive feeling towards the game's industry in January and February nowadays every year. So I think that kind of window makes sense for them for if they want to put out a big game that people it's in a franchise that hasn't been around for a while, so anyone buying it will feel like they are taking a risk by buying it. They feel like, you know, I don't know what this is going to be, if it's going to be good or ash, and so it makes sense, but like I don't know, Well, all of.
Speaker 2: The seems.
Speaker 3: Very predictable, and like, yeah, of course, yeah, it's not surprising.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, a few weeks back, I was here in all the games being delayed till later in twenty twenty six, and I just I couldn't help you, Like'm probably gonna get delayed to twenty twenty seven, right, because it's just like, as soon as you hear that, I think everyone had the same thoughts. So it wasn't some spectacular prediction. It was just like, yeah, I mean later in the year. It's already saying autumn. Later would mean November or December. Well we all know, no know when God's Green Earth? Was this thing going to come out around Grand Theft Auto six, So it just meant December. And once you're in December, what's the difference between December and January February. There's one difference. It's like you can be before Christmas. But we just we see that that doesn't mean a lot always for December releases. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
Speaker 3: If you're not not help Indiana Jones, you know, it.
Speaker 2: Didn't, Yeah, not really.
Speaker 1: And it's like if you aren't before Black Friday, like it's like, yeah, you kind of you already missed one of the bigger boats. So yeah, pretty easy to kind of put two and two together there and now here we are. You know, people are like maybe a little annoyed because right after I was saying that, the studio was saying, hey, you're gonna no, you're gonna get to play this game in autumn. It's like, yeah, I bet that still was the plan up until very recently. And now they get to move and get its own window and the game gets a little bit more time in the oven, which which just can't hurt these days. Every game that seems to like really seem to help out Bond, Right, Double seven got an extra six six ish months in the Oven, and that game came out much more refined than I was expecting.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and considering how hot that game came in also, yes, right, it seems like they were actively using that time, and like unless you're playing on if you're not playing on PC, you might not know this. There's like PC graphic settings, including path tracing that they're like, yeah, we're gonna add that in a month's time. So that's how short Runway was was they literally ran out a runway for certain features which they've been using in the marketing, you know, like path tracing was a big in Vidia co marketing point that they were talking about with this game. So like, yeah, that and again, that game gave off the vibe of if we delay out of the date that we have right now, we may as well delay it to twenty twenty seven. And in Io's case, I don't think they could have done that because they're an independent studio.
Speaker 2: And already space.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, we just heard from a reporter, like I think a news report from the country of origin which I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Is it that? Are they in Denmark? I can't remember. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: They were saying that game seven years, two hundred million dollars and so yeah, okay, well I'm glad it's doing very well. But man, that's just what games are these days, and you know, Microsoft can afford it and it's like, you know, you do the math and it's like.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, yeah, we'll delay it. Every day.
Speaker 1: Delay it is a delay that costs us is a day that costs more money. You know, we got to pay the studio. We're not making any money on it, but not being next to Grand Theft Auto six sort of pays for itself in some ways. All right, let's shift gears over here to US legislation. In California, a US bill that would keep games playable after being shut down passes its first vote. This is from Elijah Gonzalez at Polygon. The Stop Killing gamesment movement is finally starting to gain traction in the United States. The California Assembly recently passed the Protect Our Games Act by a bipartisan vote of forty three to sixteen. With the bill having passed the California's legislative branch, which is the state equivalent of Congress, it will move to the state Senate for a committee debate in June. The Stop Killing Games movements YouTube page offered the following description of what the legislation would mean. The bill would require video game companies to give players advanced notice before shutting down server dependent games and provide a way to keep purchase games playable afterward, such as offline access, community servers, or another workable option. It should be noted that this would only apply to purchase games, meaning free to play titles seemingly wouldn't fall under the legislation. If it were to pass, it would appear it would only apply to games released after January twenty twenty seven. Simply Member Chris Ward from San Diego announced the news, explaining that the bill is fighting for your consumer protection and full right and enjoyment of these games. Yeah, this continues to me to be like when I hear the industry go, oh, this is untenable, it's unworkable, and saying nothing about it sounds that way to me. I'm sure it sounds like it might cost you a little bit extra, but honestly, what it sounds like it will it will cost you is just a little bit of forethought, just a little bit of thinking about the game that you're putting out there and what its long term viability will be, and maybe just make it a couple of different choices to ensure that something in the game is still going to work so people who spent money on it can have some sort of enjoyment from it, and if it's if the laws made be a little bit more drastic than that and forces these companies to do even more so be it like figure it out. I just don't think that so in pain for something and then that then continuing to work is something that should be like, oh, well, we just can't do that. Nah, I think we probably should LEXI what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the one bit of this I'm curious about, and I'd be interesting to read over the actual legislation to see if there's provisions in for it is games that make the movement from paid to free to play, like that's not an uncommon thing. Destiny is probably the highest profile example where that game was a sixty dollars game at launch and then after several years it moved into the free to play well and it went to expansions and things like that. So yeah, like I'm curious this stuff is. Also it's complicated because like I'm not sure if you saw the stop killing game stuff coming out of the EU, but there were folks talking to the EU about this, and like turns out guy who got up there super like anti woke, Like it's also woke that is destroying video games.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, yeah, like.
Speaker 3: They I am all in favor of stop killing games. The problem is, as a decentralized movement, they extremely do seem to have a problem with actually having consistency in who is out there speaking about it, because like not even just from like hey, I think this guy is a dirt bag for trying to throw progressors under the bus as like these are the people actually ruining games. But because like that's not how you build a stable political movement. If you have people who are very clearly from the opposite end of the spectrum trying to poison pill their agenda into your legislation that you're trying to push forward globally and all these different legions, it's not gonna end well, it's not gonna cohesive movement. And you've seen that over the years with like all of these different wide scale social movements, is that as soon as they get co opted by someone with an interest that overrides the original interest, then it just becomes a poison pill issue. It becomes like, well, this is a populous movement, and we can push our agenda more if we latch onto this populist movement, and we start like also tacking on a bunch of life.
Speaker 2: And also they won't.
Speaker 3: Hire too many gay people when they make the video games. But you know, it's it's just a it's that is a problem for Stop Killing Games as a movement to figure out. I'm not sure if the appetite is actually there for them to figure it out, because from everything I've seen, they are a very lass a faire is the wrong word, because they've been very active in it, but they have been very central, Like yes, they've been very steamlike in their kind of like that moderation isn't a job, you know, And so I just wonder if that hunger is there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And it's like I do think it's like that's why I when I see what's happening in California is like a pretty good sign because it's already pushed past what would matter from from that, uh, like the opportunity for someone to like latch onto that end to cause that sort of problem has already passed in California at least, And if this law passes in California.
Speaker 2: It effectively passes worldwide. It's very similar to the EU.
Speaker 1: The California is you know, one of the top ten economies on its own in the world. Companies are not going to have different versions for California versus the rest of the world, so they will just have to abide by this. So it's like, okay, yeah, they've already pushed past this problem. And the ownership that anyone from Stop Killing Games might have over this is also sort of that Patonce being passed, it's now, you know, to the legislator and if they is, all they really got to do is like kind of keep the pressure on to make sure it can actually pass the Senate and uh. And then the people actually speaking for it will be the people actually who have been elected in California. And that's that's mostly a good thing here point, because yeah, these movements are such a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead please, Starling interrupted you huge breaking news here, And so Magic the Gathering Wizards of the Coasts have announced that Felix the Cash is coming to the game.
Speaker 2: Finally. Oh man, the kids are.
Speaker 3: Talking about Felix the Cat. That's saying, the one ip that could topple the final Fantasy Collab was Felix the Cat.
Speaker 2: It's it's upon us, everybody.
Speaker 1: You've been asking about it NonStop and I've been trying to get answers for you. Well, here it is finally confirmed. Felix the Cat. There was a Felix the Cat game for this game, and yes, yeah, and even then it was.
Speaker 2: Like who so I guess. I mean, I knew Felix the Cat.
Speaker 1: Like existed, but it was like already it felt so old at that point. Felix the Cat is one of those that I was like, oh, that will never come back.
Speaker 2: And now here we.
Speaker 3: Are someone Mike Manati just shot out up out of bed awake.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming he's still in bed. Yeah, a Felix the Cat fan, we know that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see here, let's hit this next story. Summer Game Fest Week begins. It's here everybody. The PlayStation state of Play is tomorrow SGF the like you know, the presentation is on Friday, The Xbox event is on Sunday, and then rumors are Nintendo Direct the week after that, very soon after that. So yeah, the Sony State of Play, that's Tuesday, June second, sixty minutes of updates, new games. It's going to open with Marvel's Wolverine begins at five pm Eastern, two pm Pacific time. SGF is at five pm Eastern. That would be two pm Pacific time as well. That's on Friday, and then the Xbox Showcase is Sunday, June seventh, I believe ten am Pacific time, one pm Eastern. We'll be talking over all of those everybody while we're out there in LA while we'll be home for the State of Play thing tomorrow. But there's also been a lot of kind of leaks or early confirmations, a bunch of stuff, so let's kind of go over those and then we'll talk about what people should expect from Summer Game Fest. LEXI Kronos Lazarus ig in appeared to have accidentally listed Kronos Lazarus as part of ig and Live, which runs June sixth through June seventh. My Nintendo News frames it as an unannounced game that IGN revealed too early, possibly related to Bluebird Team's Chronos Survival Horror. Ip I would assume that is exactly what it is, although it feels like a little bit early.
Speaker 2: What do you think that actually is?
Speaker 3: It could be like a stand loan DLC or an expansion for Kronos the I like that game. I liked Chronos more than most people. I think me and Jeff Bacola were like the two people that finished it, but I enjoyed Chronos people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what that's what they refer to you as. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there's all these Raymann leaks, which seems all but confirmed at this point. Rayman Origins Enhanced Edition Warrior sixty four spotted Rayman Origins Enhanced Edition on the Xbox Store for Xbox.
Speaker 2: Series x n S.
Speaker 1: It's got a two thousand dollars placeholder price, which is fun.
Speaker 2: And then it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna got the note that people are raising prices and in a very ubi soft Likens move just took it way too fucking farm.
Speaker 1: They're beating the rest of the market to the next price. Yeah, it's got four k sixty frames per second, four player co op, and quality of life improvements. And then there's ray Man Legends Retold, which is you know, the subtitle is not Enhanced Edition.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: It seems like they're doing two different things with these things, but who knows. That is coming October first, twenty twenty six. The price is forty dollars.
Speaker 2: There will be physical editions, reportedly limited to.
Speaker 1: PS five and switched to Call of Duty Black Ops and Black Ops two remastered. MP First reports that the original Call of Duty Black Ops and Black Ops two were rated in South Korea. This usually points to some kind of re release or remaster. This has happened before. They did this with Modern Warfare, and then when they did that, Modern Warfare remaster came out not long after.
Speaker 2: PERSONA four Christopher Maloney, Yeah, but we need three give them even bigger cake this time, just to show up.
Speaker 3: You got to say, this smacks a desperation to try to clean up the Black Ops brand after just how fucking dire seven was and how it was received. This is like, this gives off the vibe. But like, no, no, no, you you like the numbers, right, you like, but we're bringing back the numbers.
Speaker 2: The numbers, Mason, the numbers Mason.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I think you're probably right, and that this is probably part of a long term project or middle term project to like, yeah, you're right, clean up that name and get people ready for black Ops again, because Black Ops.
Speaker 2: Is very, very important to them.
Speaker 1: I mean, they keep going back to Modern Warfare, they keep going back to Black Ops.
Speaker 2: They're not done. I know they said they're going to try to do other stuff.
Speaker 3: They could always change tact and move over to Ghosts too, that game too.
Speaker 1: Finally, let's I would play ghost I want to see what they would do with that dumb shit even more racist. Uh yeah, well they'll they can always find a way. Well, we'll talk about Call of Duty stuff here in a second, because there. I just don't get the fandom for those games anymore. Persona for Revival that was also rated in South Korea that the you know Games Radar pointed out that like a hopeful thing here, pointing out previous games that have been mentioned by them, Gears of War, E Day, Castlevania's Belmont, Belmont's Curse, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy for switch to Lego Skylines. All of those seem seemingly are going going to be announced one way or another at at Summer Game Fest or maybe that Nintendo Direct. I'm excited about most of those Guardians of the Galaxy getting a native version for switch to it probably just pops up at at Nintendo, the Nintendo Direct and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Game It's it's really good.
Speaker 1: And do you remember what do we have a release date for Caslvania Belmont's Curse or is that.
Speaker 3: I don't think think so, but I would be very curious to get one.
Speaker 2: Yes that.
Speaker 1: And also I would be curious to get one for Ace Combat eight Wings of Thieve, which is one of my most anticipated games. So hopefully we'll get some more information about that. But Okay, that's the stuff that's like swirling out there. What are your expectations for SGF kind of just from a hey, what would be fun if that gun announced? Or what these companies are trying to accomplish with these events it.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to feel like a very busy show, purely because so many companies have dates that they need to get off their books. Because everyone was waiting for confirmation that Grand Theft aut Or wasn't going to move again, and now that it's kind of been confirmed and locked in and they've said to their investors like, no, we're not moving again, I think everyone's going to be like, Okay, after the races, we can now set our actual dates and start planning things. So I do think we're going to see a lot of release dates at this show. I'd love like one or two genuine surprises. I don't know how likely that is, and you know, maybe there'll be something genuinely surprising at that stay to play, maybe some actual surprises that at the direct if that happens. But I don't know what to expect when it comes to like new things at the moment. When I look at a lot of companies, like the first party companies, and I look at the studios that they have on their books, a lot of them are kind of accounted for in a lot of ways, and I'm like, hmm, what else could these companies be working on, Yeah, other than like outsourced projects like Oblivion Remass or something. So you know, maybe maybe another one of those high profile remasses from one of those first party companies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, you know now that we kind of have a pretty good sense the Acarata Time remix can happen. Nintenda probably has one other holiday game that they could surprise us with. Who knows what that would be, but or if it even is a thing, maybe it's not. But you're right when it comes to Xbox and PlayStation, I guess maybe it's similar thing where it's like maybe one surprise, but it just doesn't feel like there's a lot of capacity for a lot more than that. But again we could be surprised. Okay, then from the other perspective here of all, right, well we'll get excited about games. But these companies are going to this after a bunch of price increases, with Grand theft Auto six on the horizon. What do you think, like Microsoft and Sony need to get out a summer game fest or is this just you know, kind of business as usual.
Speaker 3: I think they need to find a way to convince anybody to keep buying this stuff at its new prices, which I wouldn't. I wouldn't buy any of these products at that increase prices because they're not worth that amount of money, like the they're not the old tech and charging more for it, Like there's in there is almost zero use cases where I would recommend somebody go out and buy a PS five, a PS five pro, any of the xboxes and like even a switch to at this point, and I'm like, it's a hard fucking recommend even though that contract, Yeah, even though it's pretty new, it's a hard recommend. And so like Xbox and PlayStation especially have a real mountain of a task to get people excited for the software, if not the hardware, because the hardware is going to slow down no matter what, and the software they can at least kind of work with, they can try to really reinvigorate people of like no, no, like you have these consoles already, what if you bought more games on them? And that when people have less money, that's also a big ask. So I genuinely I don't know how these companies go about getting people excited enough to spend money right now, because right now, nobody's excited to spend any money. Nobody wants to spend a single dollar on anything because they know that they're going to need that dollar for something down the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Someone point out The Verge had a story this morning about like, yeah, that's the kind of same with you were saying that they need.
Speaker 2: To prove themselves.
Speaker 1: Does that do you think that puts them in a position maybe where the Sony's and the Microsoft's, even Nintendo are going.
Speaker 2: To maybe over extend, over promise.
Speaker 1: Maybe like lift the lid of like have they they have a bucket full of games that are coming out two plus years from now, and they like pull a couple extra things out of that bucket to be like, look at how many exciting things are coming to this platform?
Speaker 2: Is there a chance for that?
Speaker 3: Both of these companies just burnt their hand by doing that recently, you know, so he announced all these live service games and then that backfired and Xbox had all their high profile cancellations of like Perfect Dark was probably meant to come out this year next year at some point, and fucking that's not happening. And that was announced way earlier because they were trying to reinvigorate and get people excited about.
Speaker 2: The brand again.
Speaker 3: So like, how many times do you make that same mistake of announcing something early and then having to counsel it and ruining any goodwill that you built up, Like I don't know, Like, yeah, I ultimately I wouldn't want to be the person who has to solve these problems. But also it's not my job to solve these problems. It's my job to like consume these products and you know, engage with them as a art form and things like that, and right now, the vibes ain't great for doing that.
Speaker 1: There was a rumor, I think over the weekend that Star Wars Eclipse is like pretty far along and could happen soon. Do you buy that. No, I mean either, why don't you buy it?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Pass I saw that, I was like, I think, I'm like, I'm like, I might be doing the show with Lexi Layer. I want to just kind of get her vibes on that. Yeah, very similar.
Speaker 3: I was just like, Okay, I will say, like, that team doesn't seem like they scaled up properly to be a two studio team, and they just worked on a multiplayer game shutting Down.
Speaker 2: Which is now shutting Down exactly, and so that.
Speaker 3: Seemed like it was a real boondoggle for them. And so even if they were pretty close to the end of development, I'm guessing they're having to shift a lot of people and change workflows. Like I don't buy that game being super close.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, then let me get your your similar sort of reaction to just a couple of others state of the K three.
Speaker 2: Does that show up here in your opinion?
Speaker 3: I would love it too, if only because I was talking to Brad Shoemaker the other night, and literally any time I engaged with that man, I wind up going I would have stayed the the K three is coming out soon. Every time, every single time I see I listened to any of the next n of podcasts and bad talks about anything. I'm like, hu, I wonder how he'll feel about guy. Yeah. Yeah, it's his Bubbzy, which honestly way better branding than Bubbzy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a he figured it out. I fucked up somewhere along the way. Uh.
Speaker 2: I think it's time for State of the K three.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hideo Kojima's ODU.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting one.
Speaker 3: I bet Kojima would love to garner back a bit of good will after the last few weeks. So maybe he'll have something. And he makes a point of having a trailer at nearly every show at this fucking point, so or at least having something, having a having something. So if it's not od it is I bet we get confirmation of death stranding to coming to something. I know it already came to PC and they're not going to bring it to Xbox now because it's now Sony published, So I don't know. Yeah, I'm curious, but I'm sure he will find a reason to have a presence there.
Speaker 1: Judas from Kim Levin, Nope, let's see here. Do I have a couple of others? Man, there's some that like a head on the list here that like, no I know.
Speaker 3: Which Judas won't be at the show. Probably bigger than any of the other games.
Speaker 1: The most game's never been at a show ever. It's what people are saying.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we'll have another chance to talk about this Austin guys on BombCast tomorrow what they think about some of these and maybe more. But now let's take a quick break. We have other headlines to get to, but we are going to get to them after these messages. If you want to skip out on these, go to Gianbond dot com, slash Joint, become a premium member, get the ad free versions of the show there. We will be right back. All right, we're back. It's Game mess Mornings. That's Lexi Luddy. I'm Jeffrey Grubb. LEXI. I did see someone say a splinter cell. You think splinter cell shows up?
Speaker 3: I maybe you'd be soft becoming such a impossible thing to predict.
Speaker 2: Because agreed, It's like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They have all these things in production, and any of them could be consoled no matter how far along in production, or they could just announce like we're making another Division mobile game that will never launch. Assassin's Creed Jade still hasn't come out somehow, all these different things like, I have no idea how to pin anything down with that company anymore.
Speaker 1: YEP, I feel the exact same way. All right, let's do this next one. Xbox will show PS five logos at showcase, but may just moving forward as execs publicly contradict each other. Ah, this is from Sammy Barker at Push Square, who kind of like goes over that.
Speaker 2: I think this did this come from that podcast as well?
Speaker 1: Came from Chief Content Officer Matt Boody, who said about having PlayStation and Nintendo logos in the can.
Speaker 3: I just say, but Booty having the same title as Dan very funny to me.
Speaker 2: It makes perfect sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were talking about any PlayStation logos in Xbox showcases.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 1: And he says, well, we'll be very clear about what platforms a game is coming to and want to continue that precedent. I think we've got a good system going where we make it clear in the showcase then later separately and as.
Speaker 2: They write over here at push Square.
Speaker 1: In a genuinely bizarre twist, new Xbox CEO Asha Sharma has completely contradicted colleague Matt Booty's comments earlier in the day, describing.
Speaker 2: Them as a miss.
Speaker 1: Booty had said during an Xbox podcast that Microsoft would be very clear about which platforms games are coming to, and that it wants to continue the precedent it's set previously. This means if a game is coming to the PS five, Microsoft won't obfuscate that information.
Speaker 2: Sony.
Speaker 1: Nintendo only ever talk about their own platform during live streams, but they generally haven't flirted with multi format publishing to the extent Microsoft has. Responding to the aggrieved of fans on Twitter, which is just a good thing to do with your job. That's a good time way to spend your time. Sharma described that as a miss, saying seeing the feedback on logos, it was a miss, and I own it. We are talking about how we adjust for future Xbox shows. I'm not entirely convince Sharma should be following the feedback of a few fans on social media to quite this extent, but here we are. Yeah, I think it's kind of what we're all thinking a little bit. Look to me, this is a very stupid thing because this is just not anything that matters and it's it's kind of aside to the conversation like are these games coming to PlayStation or not? And if they are, what the fuck does it matter If the logos in there in the Xbox showcase, that's a series of commercials, not the content itself.
Speaker 2: So people don't.
Speaker 3: Put in the press release anyway, You're.
Speaker 1: Gonna have to put it on the press It's gonna be on the Wikipedia page.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a fact that just exists.
Speaker 1: Like this is just like so far downstream from the thing that actually matters, and it's it just does not seem like they've clicked over to be like, well, yeah, and now these games aren't coming to PlayStation. It is more like no Halo campaign evolves coming to PlayStation.
Speaker 2: Five, but we might not just tell you about it? What talking about? How do you read this?
Speaker 3: I know this new Xbox administration seems so desperate for goodwill in a way that I can't help but just be like, have some fucking self respect.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 3: Even if I have my problems with the Xbox brand and Microsoft as an ecosystem, and I've made those pretty clear over the years, I at least don't want you embarrassing yourself like this on a personal level, Like you don't need to be replying to Xbox poon Gamer twenty four every time he puts out Yeah, every time he puts out a post on Twitter being like I'm mad that they're not bringing back Fusion Frenzy, and they're like, we hear you, and you understand them. We're bringing back Fusion Frenzy, and you know it just it's it is. It gives off such a desperate vibe compared to weird how they should be acting right now, and also like, what are the few things that people actually want from a new Xbox administration change? And it seems like every single administration of Xbox has struggled with this is clarishy and message like, it's straight up it's going back to the days of executives giving different answers at the Xbox One revel of like what do you mean these two totally opposite things are apparently true? What the fuck you talking about? It just seems so disconnected and it doesn't bode well for them, and it doesn't look good for them on any level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And to me, it gives the sense that they are saying these things while internally figuring out answers to a lot of their questions that will be very different and that this stuff just doesn't actually matter to the reality of the decision making process that is actually going to happen once things settle down and they get you know, data to make decisions based off of and money to make decisions off of, Like, hey, we'll make more money if we do it this way, Well, then fuck Xbox.
Speaker 2: Poom Game or sixty nine or whatever their name was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just like feels like a way to kind of keep the vibes good while they.
Speaker 2: Come up with the real solutions, which will have nothing to do with any of this.
Speaker 3: Some of the knee jerkiness seems so strange to me because they're going to have to change it again for the new Xbox if it is truly an open Windows machine, Like you think about the game pass tiers that they've added, how will how will that make Like they still have Xbox Gold in some way, they still you still have to pay to play online on Xbox. And if this thing is this new thing is just a PC that you can boost into Windows, will you be finding a way to charge me to play online with my Windows computer? Because that would be fucking nuts. So yeah, like there's actual legitimate questions that need answering, and turns out these aren't one of them.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's uh and yeah, and we don't really know to what extent it's going to be open or not. But if Steam and Epic Game Store are on there, that's open enough. I guess maybe it could just be a then lexi where it's like, oh, activate your Steam account on here, and then if you own the games on Steam, you can play them on here. There's some sort of like expanded play anywhere, and that's what it looks like.
Speaker 2: But if I don't know, that's not I don't know, that's not excite.
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's just weird. Yeah, but that's not really what they were kind of promising early on.
Speaker 2: We'll see. Well, we're not going to see it at Summer Game Fest.
Speaker 1: They said they will not be talking about Project Helix at this event, and yeah, that makes sense, all right. Call of Duty Modern Warfare four promises no more clowney skins. This is from Kenneth Shepherd at Kotaku bea uh huh. Modern Warfare for is coming out later this year, and despite the series ostensibly being a very serious military shooter. It's multiplayer modes, like those of many other shooters in the modern age, have become a dumping ground for crossover skins and other goofy nonsense over the years. However, Activision and Infinity Ward are saying up front that they won't be including any clowny skins in the upcoming game, and that we can keep the receipts in case they changed their tune a few months after launch. Modern Warfare four was officially unveiled last week, and the messaging has been that Infinity word once this year's Call of Duty to be more grounded. Boots on the Ground is back everybody and anchored in the game's narrative. Despite this, fans and detractors are skeptical given that Call of Duty has become another victim of the fortnitification of shooters full of out of place crossover skins like animated characters Beavis and butt Heead. The team has responded to these concerns on Twitter, swearing up and down that Modern Warfare four won't include any of that noise at launch or in seasons beyond, as well as specifying there will be no skins for Lady Gaga, Omni Man, Teletubbies, or SpongeBob.
Speaker 2: Down the line. It's worth noting that Call.
Speaker 1: Of Duty has previously tried to exercise some of these crossover skins from future entries by not letting skins carry over from Black Ops six to last year's What Black Ops seven, citing negative player feedback as a key factor. Also, it would encourage people to buy new skins, like that's maybe the real reason. Okay, man, I saw a post of this on maybe like was a r slash gaming or something like that.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was the Call of Duty subreddit, I don't know, and.
Speaker 1: It was like a realistic cat, like anthropomorphic cat, and I'm like, that looks pretty dope. The comments are just like never in my Call of Duty gets so serious and I just look, I get that some people want to be immersed, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't get immersed because I'm just different.
Speaker 1: I think it's fun that SpongeBob is in these games, and it does not detract me if I see as someone else in a skinned, or does not detract from my fun. If I see someone else in a skin that I don't personally enjoy, and I just just feels like this fan, and I'm going like, we gotta shrink it down and keep all that stuff out because that's fun and we don't allow that here. I know it's more, there's more to it than that, but I just kind of got I get a bad vibes from this whole thing, Lexie, What do you think?
Speaker 3: So something that always comes up with this is like, oh, why don't these people just go play armor or go play an actual taxing of some kind. And I would love to see like the scientific study or the paper rission about the people who call for realism in their arcade shooters and the psychology behind that, because listen, not to get on a high horse or anything. There's like a whole like politics element to this that I think is very fascinating to me if it's start analyzing it too much. But from a more lighthearted point of view, I'll just say I came up with the drinking game to kill myself during SGF, and I posted on Blue Sky it's take a shot time someone at Microsoft Activision in orn finishing ward says the word grishy or grounded, ground and take and takes two shots. If they say viscible, yep.
Speaker 2: You're gonna die.
Speaker 1: You're gonna die, because that's all they're gonna be saying about this game.
Speaker 2: It is like they.
Speaker 3: Won't say boots on the ground because we made fun of that too much.
Speaker 1: Exactly now that these are all but these are all code words for that same exact feeling. And you know that that's called duty has been around long enough that we can spot these patterns. There was backlash to the last call of Duty. They're the fandom now has their opinion on anything that is not just very strictly called duty modern warfare from two thousand and seven, and they're like, hey, anything that sort of returns it back to that default state is a return to the safe thing here, and that will keep this fandom at least from tearing us apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'll make my pitch here while I'm on the show. If you'll have used that, I sh let me review this game. I would be the last one, yep.
Speaker 1: I well, yeah, I just think that they will probably turn change their mind on this, if not with this game, with the next one. So and I don't know, if you're a fan of these games, just get over it. That's all I can really say. Again, I know I'm not being very considerate there, but I think you're right. I think my sort of backlash is I could see through it with a lot of them where it's like, I think what you really mean is it also wouldn't accept women in this game and anyone that kind of looks different than your idea of a very masculine, macho, big guy, tough guy.
Speaker 2: It's I do miss me with that shit.
Speaker 3: Setting your watch to k pop popping off five years ago, and now this college game being all about Kuya is like, oh, guys, like we know that you just do whatever's pop, but like, come on, I'm also listen that for the stylization of the slightly Asian looking for is one of the funniest fucking things of like how do we make it look Molasian?
Speaker 1: And right, the meetings that must have gone into that, Like, oo, I'm glad I wasn't in the room for those.
Speaker 2: I probably would have my head would have exploded. All right, Let's keep going here.
Speaker 1: Hollow Night's Silksong physical edition announced for PS five, Xbox Series X and S and Switch to This is from sal Ramano at Kamatsu. Fangamer has announced a physical edition of Hollow Night Silk Song for PS five, Xbox, and Switch. It will launch on October sixteenth for thirty nine dollars on PlayStation five and Xbox Series and forty five dollars on switch To. Pre Orders are available now. The package includes a copy of the game, a reversible cover sheet, a thirty two page game manual, and many folded poster. The upcoming expansion See of Sorrow is not included on the disc slash cart, but will be available as a free download when it launches. Additionally, fangamer has open pre orders for physical editions of the original Hollownight on PlayStation five and switch To for thirty five dollars and thirty nine dollars respectively. These also include reversible cover sheet, twenty eight page game manual, and a poster. I think the Switch version I want to say that physical editions were previously released on PlayStation four and Switch. I think got Switch version is going to be the original game again, but with an option to upgrade it to the switch To if you choose to do so, so you could get this and have both versions. And if you want to have a switch To version, you only have SWITCHT one right now, you could just get this and you'll be good. But I'm not seeing that in this story, so maybe that's not exactly how it's going to work. Yeah, this is how these things go these days, Alexi. Where And I think this is kind of a blueprint for what we're going to see a lot with the next generation. Where that, I think it's a strong chance that disk drives will be optional. Games will come out they will be digital first, and then the successful ones will get physical versions later. This is something we've seen a bunch of times now. Hollow Night's Silksong is one of those. It's like they easily could have just had a physical version at launch.
Speaker 2: It is that big.
Speaker 1: But at a certain point you go, why, you could just do it this way and it will work just as well and serve the markets probably just as effectively as if they went through the headaches of getting a physical version ready to go for.
Speaker 2: The actual launch. Anything anything more to read into.
Speaker 3: This, Uh, not too much. I think like you kind of summed up a lot of it. I think we're going to see a lot of this going forward. And I think that like ultimately, Silk Song and Hollow Night, for as much as they aren't necessarily for me. I'm glad that they are able to get their flowers like this, and they're able to have these nice additions, and they're able to put a bit of work into stuff like the manual, and you know the little flowishes that come with doing these these full launch or these later launches. Is it's nice. The one of these that I got that I really liked was the Tunic one. Oh was that was that was real good, and that also came with a little manual thing.
Speaker 1: Atari has acquired Cross the Road developer Hipster Whale, which is the name I've not heard in a while. This is from Sophie McAvoy at games industry dot biz. Atari has acquired Cross the Road developer Hipster Whale for over twenty nine million dollars, with a total potential cost of nearly forty million dollars. The deal includes an initial payment of that twenty nine point three million, comprising twenty six million in cash and three point three million in newly issued Atari ordinary shares. An additional earnout of up to ten million will be payable in cash over the next three years, depending on Hipster Whale's future performance. Atari stated it will use Australian based developer, to expand its mobile development and publishing capabilities. Hipster Whale co founder Matt Hall is expected to lead the expansion of Atari's mobile development. This is one of those stories, LEXI, where's immediately like, oh yeah, this is another one where I see the vision.
Speaker 2: I just see it. It all makes sense.
Speaker 1: Atari very much steeping themselves in retro revivals, retroports.
Speaker 2: And crossing roads.
Speaker 1: As Vetro is saying, well, they did pac Man two fifty six, which is what I'm saying, which is like you could take it, Oh you know, I'm really cross the roads. This is retro in like the you know, the original definition of the word, which is take this thing and throw it back to to a previous time. And that was a modern take on Frogger and have you know, we'll kind of do like what would what would modern three D pixel graphics look like with the with the vauxels and whatnot. So yeah, I expect them to take those concepts and apply it to the entire swath of a potential properties that Atari owns and and make various mobile versions on those or mashups stuff like pac Man two fifty six, which is that idea of oh, you get to the kill screen of pac Man and now all the dirty, messed up code is chasing pac Man. You got to outrun it and say, oh, yeah, that's a cool idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pongy load pongy load pong how do you make a pong across.
Speaker 1: The load pongy road would be just I wanted to, like in leave like an inchworm, the little pong paddle.
Speaker 2: I wanted to like, yeah, trying to get to a Talli hotel at the end. That's beautiful, That's that's the dream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Mannatari kind of continues to figure this stuff out and do interesting things, and they have done this already with PC and console stuff repeatedly and they kind of have that market on lock now, so expanding to mobile and doing something similar for a similar audience, but in that space, it's like, yeah, this is one of these teams that I think could probably do something that I.
Speaker 2: Would even be interested in.
Speaker 1: And I do think, you know, to be selfish, they should be trying to appeal to me because I'm the kind of asshole that would spend money on stuff that's like new but old, and they've kind of got me in their crosshairs here with stuff like this a SEUs announces a new rog Xbox Ally, the X twenty, with a larger o LED screen and improved controls. This is from Chris Scullion at VGC. The Xbox Ally was originally released in October twenty twenty five. It had two versions, the standard for six hundred and the X variant for one thousand. The newly released third model, or announced, i should say, the Xbox Ally X twenty is designed to celebrate twenty years of Asus's Republic of Gamers brand, and it's based on the Alix but with some tweaks. It has the same internal specs, but it now has a larger seven point four inch screen the original seven inch screen, and an O LEAD display instead of the IPS screen on the original. It also might come with let's see, yeah, the x Real R one Edition twenty gaming ar glasses, which are just like those glasses that you could put on and they have give you a display in front of you and you could just plug that into the HDMI port of the Roger Xbox Ally and play stuff like on a plane without having to look down at the screen. Okay, but man, what is this thing going to costs they have not said, Lexi, it's I mean probably talking two thousand dollars for this.
Speaker 3: Thing, right, I'm curious that they've been put in a real tough sart because also computer texts aren't at the moment. So there's a bunch of hardware getting announced and MSI just announced the claw h e x AI plus, which is a very long name for a Intel Yeah, it has the new Intel Arc integrated graphics on it and that thing. The like numbers that they're putting out are pretty impressive. Obviously those are internal benchmarks, so there's only so much you can trust them. But they said already that the price is going to be one five hundred dollars. So this thing, looking at the specs as it stands, will be significantly more expensive than a Xbox rog ally X. It will be more expensive than an Xbox ally X. But how much more expensive could this X twenty B before being more expensive then something that is more performance Fanish, I'm curious about dash, but yeah, like I don't know. The handheld gaming space is very cool to me from a tech point of view. It's very frustrating to me from the point of view of can't afford any of this shit anymore. Just this weekend I replaced the sixty four gigabytes internal SSD on my Steam deck with something that was bigger than sixty four gigabytes, and boy, that was life changing.
Speaker 2: That was real nice.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, yeah, that you mentioned copy text the RTX Sparks super.
Speaker 2: Chip got announced.
Speaker 1: I'd never like a chance to like really go over this, but this is basically in video going, and now we make CPUs in addition to GPUs. It's like a convenient time to do that when more and more questions arising about who they're selling these GPUs to and whether people are actually going to keep buying them at these prices, and are they really watch.
Speaker 2: Any of the thing.
Speaker 3: I say it up until four am and watched the first half of it and then fell asleep with it turned on because Jensen's voice just has that soothing.
Speaker 2: Effect and it's just so so soothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But basically the whole message of the first half of his keynote was literally like, we are not selling to consumers anymore because there's a fixed number of consumers. We're selling to agentic We're like finding we're selling to agents because there's technically an infinite number of AI agents.
Speaker 2: It's so fucking stupid. Yeah, oh my god, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Like listening to him talk, it was the disco sou in finish propish on disco thing of like disco sales are projected to go up forever, and it's like, oh, you fucking dumb ass motherfucker. Anyway, like man Jensen seems like a guy. Also one of their slides and I should you not, this is true. One of their slides when he clicked it over had to kuching sound effect.
Speaker 1: I mean, god, here's the thing is, I would love for this whole arm based in video SCPU business to work because it would put the pressure back on AMD to keep getting better.
Speaker 2: And AMD has been pretty good, but.
Speaker 3: That they're extending the lifespan of a M four and AM five.
Speaker 1: So right, and so that's that's great for people that are on those platforms, but I do want to keep them to keep pushing forward because when they do, they are usually recently the ones that can be relied upon to produce CPUs that are going to be fantastic for a very long time. Uh, but they kind of they need that competition and it was like, hopefully this is it is that, and it just doesn't feel like it when they start talking that way. This just seems like it is part of the ongoing Ponzi scheme of what they're trying to pull off with AI and this is just a new frontier and that, and it's like uh.
Speaker 3: Again, keeping up with it. I suggest go subscribing to game as Nexus.
Speaker 2: Just do it.
Speaker 3: It's very good content and very good research and some of the rare bit of genuine investigative journalism going on in that particular space.
Speaker 2: So do follow those folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it does make me miss Gordon on a ton. He passed away recently in like the last year. He was PC a long time CPU coverage guy at PC World.
Speaker 2: And it was like the adult in the room and man, rest in peace.
Speaker 1: To that guy, Like we we are we're missing a lot of insight when we don't have guys like that anymore. And it's like games Exist is fantastic kind of carrying that torch. But he does come from that that YouTube world of like, man, we're gonna turn these big controversies into our focus and go and go and go. And I always felt like Gordon Ung was such a breath of fresh air and be like, let's just step back and like, look at this from historical perspective, and again we're just.
Speaker 2: We don't have that anymore.
Speaker 1: All right, last quick thing before we get out here and start wrapping up the show. The director of tech and eight has left Bandy Namco. Yes, the techa kohey aikeda Yeah. He left after twenty years at the company. This is after Herada left not too long ago, so it does feel like the future of tech In is a little bit more questionable there, and even was after Herada left. I don't think this is like spelling doom for that series. In fact, it might be a chance for it to kind of get refreshed in a good way. But it certainly is notable that, oh man, okay, stuff is changing over there when it comes to the future.
Speaker 2: Of tech In.
Speaker 3: All right, that does it for the headline. Lucy James just announced that she is leaving Game Spot and a long really Looking for the Game an independent weekly newsletter where I highlight upcoming PC games and deliver demo code straight to your inbox. Sign up that looking for dot game. Yeah, shout out to Lucy. Seems like it's something that she's partnering with kee Leon yep and player dot gg, which I'm not super familiar with, but yeah, good luck to Lucy.
Speaker 1: I will be talking to her about her future on the couch this weekend, everybody, I believe, I'm I believe. They're on on Thursday and then that's the Friends per Second crew.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, Friday.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jane. I appreciate that. Yeah, so she'll be on on Friday and we'll be talking about her future and I'm looking forward to hearing about all the stuff she's got playing for y'all.
Speaker 2: What was the name of it again, Lexi, it was looking for dosh game. All right, go check it out.
Speaker 1: Everybody looking for dot game with Lucy dot James. All right, let's see here, let's start wrapping up the show. There is no poll question because we did the Bomb twelve last Friday, but we do have a new poll question. We'll get to here in a second. But in the meantime, I will be updating the Bomb twelve links so everyone can vote. We might do some of it something this week, but it'll be very like it's just an image that I post online, and if we don't then we'll kind of catch everything up the week after that, but we'll have a Bomb twelve ever there on giant bomb dot com, so you guys can keep telling us what games you're playing right now, and I'm looking forward to getting that.
Speaker 2: The new poll question will come right after this. LEXI, where can people find you on the Internet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, people can find me on blue Sky at lex dot Loody dot xyz. I'm trying to be a bit more proactive about doing some original reporting over there, so if you want to reach out, I have a signal in my profile that you can reach out to confidentially and I can talk to you. I'm also continuing to unstartman you dot co dot uk, which is a place for people trying to break into games media, and we're trying to make this space healthy and you know, persistent for a long time to come, and we're trying to train off the next generation to be smash writers and kind of like, you know, empathetically and ethically and all those good things. And you can check out some of my reviews at Game of Guides. I'm working on a Double O seven review right now. We didn't get a code until after launch, but hopefully I will have that review up sometime this week.
Speaker 1: All right, new poll question, it's already posted. I did an image pull, so I just ad made it easy for you. Jan What are your hype levels for Summer game Fest? Your four options are kind of amused, Mike Manatti just a kind of face plane, then a pretty happy Janet Choba, then a very happy Jeff grub or an ecstatic Dan roh Riiker. I can only have four options, so I couldn't fit. I want nothing to do with this shit Jeff Baklar in there, but maybe we'll find a use for that.
Speaker 2: After this is all said.
Speaker 1: And done, go ahead and vote now, get the results. We'll kind of just see it on there. Maybe I'll bring it up on the BombCast tomorrow or something because we won't have another mornings until we get back from SGF. Everybody, I appreciate everyone rolling with the punch. Is when the schedule goes like this, you know, I know how important is to have a show like this be consistent, and we're a small team. Sometimes that's just gonna be hard when we have to shift gears and be like we're going to SGF to do coverage there and do cool stuff there. This is just what that means sometimes. So thanks everybody for being so understanding. It kind of makes me feel a little bit less stressed out when I'm like, Okay, people are going to be mad that there's not something in their feed that never happens.
Speaker 2: You all are very cool about it.
Speaker 3: Also, one very small thing I forgot to say during the show, suck Bog and Dix of ALLNet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to hell man, what a just making everything that's worse even worse. That's your one contribution, val on that way to go. All right, let's see here we have the BombCast tomorrow, we will be talking over the Sony PlayStation state of play. After that, then on Wednesday, almost the entire crew is traveling, so we're going to be heading out to La Thursday, we're gonna be setting stuff up. We might have a couple things popping up here or there, but it will be infrequent. Until Friday, we will be talking over Summer Game Fest, and then very quickly after that we're gonna be set up to do our thing for GB at night, starting at six pm Pacific, that'll be nine pm Eastern. We'll be going into the night and then the same schedule will be happening on Saturday. Sunday, we'll be talking over the Xbox Show. It's gonna be a ton of fun. I'm looking forward to getting out there and doing some work. Everybody, So thank you for study, thank you for watching, thank you for tuning in for all that when we make it happen. And thank you Lexi franging that with me today and talking about video games. I really appreciate.
Speaker 3: It anytime, always a pleasure club.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for watching and listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye.