Speaker 1: You're listen seats KPI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio f They probably would have just transferred him to another part of the prison, and I don't know, maybe his life would have been at stake. It's pretty crazy there, and these were bad guys that escaped. Also one of them they wrote remember too easy too and then easy Lol. They found him back at the college where he took English classes and graduated, and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle. Good morning. It is a Thursday morning, May twenty two. Memorial Day is coming up this Monday, so I'm not going to be here. I don't know who else is Saturday, and that's day after tomorrow. Handle on the Law will still be here, but and you'll be stunned. My god, Bill, I thought you would be working Memorial Day. I will not be. However, what I do on Tuesdays and Thursdays is I take phone calls, as you know, after the show, and then what we do is we edit them down fresh shows. So I have you think it's a fresh show that I am there. It just it absolutely works. So tomorrow I'll say, hey, tomorrow, I'll be here. I won't be okay, a little inside baseball. I thought i'd share with the rest of us, will be everybody's here. On Monday, we'll be here. And I don't think Ann is Annye.
Speaker 2: I don't think Ann's gonna be here. And on Monday, yeah, okay. And Amy, you're gonna be here absolutely?
Speaker 1: Wow. Will are you gonna be here? Nope? Oh? Good you took. How is it because you're so low on the food chain? How is it that although you know, for someone who's low on the food chain, you know that's you know you do? Okay, let me ask you a Let me ask you a question. How did you get out of Memorial Day? Because I'm so low on the food chain, they're making me work Saturday and Sunday instead, So I care not? Okay, Well, Amy's back. Nice to have you.
Speaker 2: Back, Amy, Well, thank you, nice to be back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And as I usually say, you're no Heather, but damn you know you're pretty close and it's really appreciated. All right, And thanks, Yeah, you're welcome. Anne is not here. Michelle fills in morning. Michelle, good morning. Hey. It's like you know, you fall off the horse. You get back on the saddle, or you put on an old shoe, and it's just so comfortable. I know you don't look forward to waking up at two o'clock in the morning again, because you did it for twenty five years. Wake that's even better. Not during the course of the week when you're managing the producers on the show.
Speaker 3: No, then I wake up at four thirty. Wow, I'm still an early bird.
Speaker 1: So when you have to come in because you have to command to cover for Ann, what goes through your mind? Ah, crap without the word crap.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't bother me. Okay, I'm so used to it, Like you know, I still you know, I can get up early, and you know, Ann does a good job doing some pre preps, so it makes it a little bit easier. Today it was a crazy morning.
Speaker 1: Though, it was. We moved everything around this morning.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Michelle told me it was like putting on an old jew. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: But that's not bad. That's not bad, all right, I'll take that, all right. Of course, I'm just here. Neil is here, Michelle is here, Amy is here. Will you're here. You know, for some reason, Neil had not Neil, but Will has this affinity to dressing like a bee with you know, horizontal stripes on your shirt? Do you understand what it does? Shirt? Do you understand what it does to you? Horizontal stripes will, which does not help the situation. I know, I know. Horizontal stripes. Yeah, I know. And Amy, Amy has a horizontal stripes too. But Amy can get away with it. So there's there. It's true. Amy has a felt lovely figure and Will two words I would never use to describe you is felt. I don't know where you get that. I don't you know what it is? You too, Neil? I mean you two your way up there. I don't you know what he is. I'm bigger than he is. You know what it is me? I'm fine? Oh do you know what I read about? You know, George went who is such a terrific actor. He really loves him. He did. Yeah, he died and we're looking at what he died of. And there was you know, that of drowning, and then it turned out he dried of died of whatever it is we don't know, in in bed with his family around him, which is normally the best way to die, if you die peacefully, you know, with your family around you. It's well, in my case, I would kick him out. Get out. I don't want to see you. Oh.
Speaker 4: Your family will be around you when you die, but there.
Speaker 1: There'll be a party being catered. I know Brent's Delli is going to be jumping up and down. But I heard someone hard told me that he was north of four hundred pounds. I read that.
Speaker 2: I thought he had lost a bunch of weights.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but maybe at one point was he Yeah, I had heard he was over three three fifty but.
Speaker 1: Big, big guy. Okay, all right, I stopped weighing. I stopped weighing at three hundred pounds, and uh, I think I was about yeah. I think I was at about three ten when I underwent bariatric surgery. And here is why I am. You know why I'm so grateful that I had buriatric surgery because now I can make fun of Will and you and Neil.
Speaker 4: I'm looking into it too, and then I'm gonna call you fat.
Speaker 1: You know you can't so that just leaves Will. Thanks. By the way, Will is no longer in the airplane. You are aware of it, and it isn't simply because they grounded the airplane. Oh, man. Okay, maybe it's Kono's turn to take some heat.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: The problem is con always one hundred and ten pounds soaking wet, that's the problem. Good morning, Cono. Thanks Bill, You're welcome. All right, guys, sir, oh no, it's it's a morning. You know. It's a lovely morning everybody. I feel like mister Rogers and just loving everybody. All right, let's do it, guys, it's time for handle on the news on this Thursday morning, Amy King, Nil Savedra and me lead, sorry, oh man. Two young Jewish people were shot and killed outside the Capitol Jewish Museum in Washington, d C. Which is a place where you want to go. It's an amazing place and it they were a part of the Israeli embassy. They were engaged to each other and were shot to death. With this crazy thirt year old thirty year old Elias or Rodriguez of Chicago shooting them, was promptly taken into custody, and as he's being dragged off, he begins to chant free, free Palestine. All right, crazy guy political, but his last name is Elias Rodrigez. Wasn't that kind of surprising that he was a Rodrigaz.
Speaker 4: Why people marry you know, you could you know what?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there were not too many Palestinians have a last name we're related to a Rodrigaz. You know, I'm obviously painting this with a broad brush where I'm connecting names to political political moves. But you know, how many Finkelsteinberg's do you see out there protesting in favor of the Palestinians or Mahmud's Mohammed Abdur that are out there protesting in favor of Israel? Not many? Okay, Moving on.
Speaker 5: Trump's big beauty ruffle bill has passed. The House is sweeping tax and spending bill cleared hurdle on Thursday.
Speaker 2: It passed this morning.
Speaker 5: They held an all night session and then took a vote and it was two fifteen to two fourteen. The bill would extend Trump's twenty seventeen tax cuts, great new tax breaks for tips and auto loans. Also would end a lot of green energy subsidies and boosts spending on the military and immigration enforcement.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be doing more about that at seven o'clock, as you can imagine, because that is the big political story. So that's coming up at.
Speaker 4: Seven, All right, authorities arrested two hundred and sixty five suspects.
Speaker 1: This is great news.
Speaker 4: During a large scale crackdown on child exploitation crimes across southern California, it was dubbed Operation Spring Cleaning. And you have like six different task forces or authorities put together in one here. So you have LAPD Los Angeles Regional ICAC Task Force, which is comprised of five counties. So you've got Los Angeles, San Bordino, Orange, Santa Barbara, Ventura. And they identify and interest child predators who use the Internet to exploit children. So LUDE acts with children, possession or distribution of child sex abuse materials, meeting miners for LUDE purposes, all these things is what they were looking at.
Speaker 1: Now, we had an employee here back in fact good friends with Neil, whose husband was in charge of the FBI Task Force for Finding Child Children. Yeah. Yeah, and we were talking and it was so easy. That was in the early days of the Internet, or when Internet was starting to really be used by law enforcement. So one of the FBI agent's FBI agents would go on and pretend to be fifteen year old or four teen year old girl high I'm looking for hundreds of emails came in on one post they were inundated, and he said, it's like shooting fish in a barrel to find these guys. You know, I helped.
Speaker 4: I helped the FBI put together a video, did the artwork for it, and some covers and stuff like that for that very through him, for that very concern and learn so much.
Speaker 1: It was a video that was used.
Speaker 4: For teachers and parents to understand how vulnerable your children are. And it was scary as hell you.
Speaker 1: To catch a predator still on. Remember, they'd come around and pretend that some kid that was being set up wants to meet someone and then have a video. And then these guys would start explaining themselves in front of the camera as opposed to I got nothing to say, and then walk out the door, get in their car and drive away. Nope, they're sitting there talking, well, yeah, and lonely and what are you guys?
Speaker 4: Nuts handsome walks in and they've got a six pack of Mike's Hard lemonade and a box of condoms and they're trying to explain their way out of well, I.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, right, at what point do you just shut up? That's what you say? In trial is you try to explain it? All right? Amy, good news.
Speaker 2: Traveling on PCH will soon be a oka.
Speaker 5: The Pacific Coast Highway has been closed since pretty much the fires. There was some mudslides to remember, after a storm, and they've closed down PCH near Pacific Palisades since then except for residents and repair crews and people who work at businesses and stuff in the area. But Governor Newsom said it would be reopened sometime in May, and my golly, it's still May and it's going to reopen tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, disneyland Rye, they're changing the Utopia the Pacific Palisa's ride. All you can do is go around the boulders that keep on coming.
Speaker 2: Down, right, and threw a lot of mud on the tracks.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Why would anybody live in an area where you go up now PCH to get to work. Well, it's half the time is closed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they want to It's like Jaws. They want to open it for the big Memorial Day weekend. When they closed down right, all right, adults barged into a California high school campus and attacked the students. So what happened was there was a fight between students at Martin Luther King High School in Riverside just on Tuesday, and one of the combatants called family members who showed up like twenty deep or something and barged into the school, got on campus, began fighting with the other student. What you know, onlookers said, they started punching this guy like crazy, and then when a school administrator tried to jump in to stop the fight, they grabbed him through to the ground and put him in a choke hold on the ground. And now you know, parents are pissed because they're like, how the hell did they get on campus, you know, twenty people deep or whatever and start beating the crap out of not only a kid, but also you know, a school authority.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just having fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, right, Well, it looks like everybody's going to be okay, except probably half that family's going.
Speaker 1: Oh here is a story, no surprise here.
Speaker 5: The US now has a big, beautiful jet. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth has apparently accepted the Boeings thirty seven from Qatar that President Trump's going to use as Air Force one after it gets what they call property security measures and functional mission requirements.
Speaker 1: This is such a weird story. Because both the Democrats and Republicans are in an uproar accepting a jet that's be turned into Air Force one from a foreign government. Can you imagine any other president even attempting to do that in what would happen? And then, I mean, the plane is beautiful. It had to be some kind of custom because I've never accustomed John, because I've never seen the top floor of a seven forty seven going that far back, and so it has a lot more room. I think it's about fifty percent more room inside the airplane than Air Force one. But the problem is they have to tear the airplane apart. They have to rewire every single wire to harden the wire against a nuclear attack and get the not so much the radiation but the concussive force and then anti missile defenses and all that. It's a billion dollars and it's a couple of years and then it's done. And don't they have to sweep it to make sure? Oh yeah, they have to tear it apart. They have to literally start from scratch. What they're given is they're given a lego set and said, here, build yourself an airplane to a billion dollars and that's going to be for only a year or two, and then it goes off to the library, the Presidential library when.
Speaker 4: Siyakiya in Arabic, you got me, and you're just like they're just giving them basically sheets of vetals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's And here's the other thing where you know, the US is going to spend a billion dollars, talk about fraud and waste, a billion dollars rebuilding this airplane. It's going to be ready in two years, so it will't be the lifespan of air Force one with this plane will be a couple of years at best. And then it goes off to the Presidential Library. So a billion dollars invested in a two year lifespan of a plane where Air Force one, the one that is sitting there and the president flies, is now forty years old, and they get some lifespan out of that. Granted they should have had one earlier, but you know, you invest a billion dollars into a plane, it should last longer. You know, they're not out of paper mache and sitting in the rain. So it's just it's it's insanity, and of course it is. We start another day of insanity and we'll see. Of course, Pentagon said, oh, we followed all the rules, which means whatever the president tells us to do, we have to do. But then again, that's part of the executive branch, you know, the president's commander in chief.
Speaker 4: All right, differences between President Trump and South African president kind of button heads there yesterday afternoon in the Oval Office meeting where Trump, who's.
Speaker 1: Very big on visuals, showed.
Speaker 4: Some videos and slides and talked about white genocide going on there. They definitely had a difference of opinion. But yeah, that is becoming the the hot seat is to go in the Oval, no kidding, I know why any head of state is going to go in there.
Speaker 1: The ambushes happen, and Trump holds up these foaks, says, this is where whites have been buried. It's not true at all, and these videos really have some real problems, and the claim that there are extraordinary number of whites being murdered tends not to be true if you dive a little bit deeper into it. That's at least that's what the reporting is going on exactly.
Speaker 5: With that, there there was a guy in the I think it was Ernie L's the golfer who was like going, oh, yeah, we get attacked all the time.
Speaker 2: We have like it is a very dangerous place.
Speaker 1: No it is, no, no, it is, it absolutely is. But I know South Africans and let me tell you black on black crime is as bad or worse. I mean, it is a crime ridden country now. And the President of South Africa said, of course we have that kind of crime. But you know, there are no more whites being killed per capita than black's being killed.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know who to believe at this point, but the kind of fun that was this guy is good. The president he was called, he did not react well. He was a chief negotiator for Nelson Mandela, negotiating for Mandela's presidency. He was his chief negotiator too. Yeah, very and at the end he said, I wish I had an airplane to give you. I mean, just great lines. He did very well. And you know, what do you do now? I was hoping as he said, turn off the lights. This is President Trump. Turn off the lights and ran a video. I would have loved to see the wrong video and a porno video being shown of some of not Trump himself, but let's say some of the people that Trump trumped with at some point, according to the accusations, that would have been entertaining. I wish I ran that place, so I had to tell you it would be entertaining as hell.
Speaker 4: What what really is going on that is of concern? Why we're fifty nine? You know, refugees?
Speaker 1: You got me on that one. Me. You have a bunch of whites, And I think as part of wokeness, the fight against wokeness is that minorities are held to a different level where whites are being screwed. And this is part and parcel of that narrative. There are plenty of Americans who believe that, I mean plenty. All right, moving on.
Speaker 5: So what's making us all so sick? We may get a better idea today. President Trump plans to release the report to identify what Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior says are key drivers of chronic disease, including especially in children, including ultra processed foods, vaccination, and environmental toxins like chemicals. The report is part of the Make America Healthy Again Commission led by RFK Junior. It will not offer specific policy prescriptions, but will apparently be a high level statement declaring the nation is in a health crisis, identifying certain causes and offering a blueprint for more investigation.
Speaker 1: And the report is titled you get vaccinated, you will die?
Speaker 2: All right, that's I don't think that's the name of the report.
Speaker 1: Really, I misread it. Damn, I do that a lot. All right.
Speaker 4: On that same note, there was a recent survey that looked into American adults and it says that one in four US adults believe that our nation's physical health deserves an F grade. So the mental health assessment, both physical and the mental health assessment equally concerning, with twenty five percent agreeing that nation's collective psychological well being is also flunky, which is, are these all handle listeners, yeah?
Speaker 1: Or people that listen and take a radio into the waiting room of any hospital. I'm going to give you a scenario and tell me if I am not dreaming. You walk into a waiting room of the emergency room of a hospital. Let's say you have a trouble breathing and you need some asthma medication or a nebulizer. You walk in, there's zero eight, You go and see the doctor, You get the treatment, and then the doctor wants you to see it. Your nose and throat specialists, and you get sent upstairs and you walk in and there's the e NT guy who immediately sticks a scope in your nose and looks at your lungs to see what you know, what it's looking like. And you turn out, Okay, here's some medicine, and you're less than an hour from the beginning you walk in. Is that fantasy?
Speaker 4: That was one experience you had in Italy?
Speaker 1: What that's correct? That is an experience entire life, but at the hold on. But at the same time, in that hour, saw people come in and there was no wait. Either Italians are far less sick than Americans or the system works better. I don't know one experience well, but it's you could see what's going on, and you know what the world health situation is industrialized world versus the United States. And maybe it's because the Italians slip past one another, uh so easily that they don't wait, that's an Italian joke. Michelle is not laughing at that one. Shall yeah, yeah, I agree to see you get okay, We're thank you for explaining that, Michelle.
Speaker 4: What accident later on today and will not be with us ever again.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we would like to sleep with the fishes.
Speaker 2: But you need a ride gonna cost you.
Speaker 5: So ambulance rides are expected to increase by hundreds of dollars around the city starting next year. The Border Fire Commissioners have already approved and increase in emergency ambulance transport service fees the city Council gets will get, we'll make the final decision on approving it, and it would increase fees for an ambulance ride by two hundred bucks. And then mileage fees also were going up nearly fifty percent from twenty to twenty nine dollars per mile.
Speaker 1: Now look at those numbers, you go, remember taxis you it'd be what sixty cents a mile or whatever the mileage is, right, twenty nine dollars per mile. Now here's magic. If they do it per foot, it's going to be very, very reasonable. It will only be pennies afoot.
Speaker 4: Isn't it different if you take a county one, if you take a chance.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I think they do have different prices. Yeah, but but it doesn't even matter. I mean, it's just so insanely expensive. When my dad, when my dad died and you know. I had the whole negotiation, as you know, I negotiated his funeral with those guys. The Hearse ride. These guys wanted two hundred and fifty bucks for the hearse to go one hundred and fifty yards, and I said, you know, we got pall bearers that can kite, that can carry that thing for one hundred and fifty dollars. And they said, no, nope, we have to have a vehicle. And you thank God, there's a Hurts place just down the street. So I got a pickup truck for sixty bucks and we just popped the coffin in there and drove it off. So that worked out. What you haul, Yeah, roll them out the pretty much. Yeah. Put them on a skateboard, a couple of skateboards just getting I mean the cost twenty nine dollars a mile, okay, and to and if it's being and it's being raised, it's two hundred bucks. You know. I get calls all the time on the Saturday show and people getting come in and go. I just got a bill from the county for four thousand dollars for the ambulance ride. And I never I never even agreed to it. I said, you were unconscious and about to die. How are you going to agree to an ambulance ride but you're responsible your responding dollar idea. You heard it here first Uber Uber Ambulance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no kidding, all right, One hundred thousand pounds of illegal fireworks were just seized from a business in La County. So cow Fire's office, the State Fire Marshall announced that they seized more than one hundred thousand pounds of illegal fireworks from a business in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: So you're talking.
Speaker 4: About skyrockets, bottle rockets, roman candles, those aerial shells that are pretty big and go pretty high. So all kinds of fireworks, and they got it. They said more than four million dollars worth of property damage and loss has been caused by fires started by fireworks since the beginning of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I'd love illegal fireworks. You know, these kids who are idiots get their hands blown off. Amy, were there any major injuries like that, you know, flying fingers kind of thing during this last oh, no, Fourth of July is coming up. Last year, I think there were a couple.
Speaker 5: Of There were a couple I believe you remember the guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a guy who blew off a couple of his fingers and.
Speaker 1: It was the video, that's right. And he used to hitchhike a lot, not anymore. No, those days are gone. Those days are gone. Okay, Oh, we've got this is Amy. This is an Amy story.
Speaker 2: It's a girl.
Speaker 5: Well they don't know for sure, but they think it is. So we know about the two Eagles, the Eglitz.
Speaker 2: What are you doing, Neil?
Speaker 5: Okay, so we've got Sonny and Gizmo the Eaglitz who are getting ready to leave the nest.
Speaker 2: It's it's fledging time.
Speaker 5: But now they're saying, friends of Big Bear Valley said they think that the younger of the two, who they've named Gizmo, is a girl. And they say that because she is big, because females are bigger than boys when in the Eagle world.
Speaker 2: And also she has thicker ankles.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so they're renaming her Hillary. Oh god, and strangely enough, she only has one left wing. So alright, thank you. You rarely say that to me, or you point to me and go that's good. Usually as you rip me a new one to correct me. Whenever I say anything on a political level that's wrong. It's very funny. Oh this was a crazy video.
Speaker 4: You have a stray dog battling for forty five minutes against like four or five coyotes in Orange County in Brea. And this video was posted on next door. I think kat La showed it on television as well. But fighting off the coyotes in a driveway. Somebody get this dog, name him Hero or Batman or whatever. But just crazy, these videos.
Speaker 3: Nuts.
Speaker 1: It was able, but the dog fine, right, yeah, dog's fine. I mean that is not easy to survive five coyotes going after you. My little one, you know, was eaten by a coyote a couple of months ago, matter of fact, now six seven months ago, and it was you know, it was devastating, you know, and you know, try at my house. I have coyote barriers. I literally put those up in my backyard, my back fence. I got a coyote with These are cables that go across on top of the fence, which of course they're electrified. And I also have spring gun shotguns, so if anybody shows up, they're not only electrified, but their holes are shot through there or at torso I was told that that's a bad idea. Yeah, just in case some kids shows up and decides, oh boy, let's jump the fence. So he doesn't have a head. But at least those dogs are gonna be protected. Now.
Speaker 4: No coyotes super scary. Could you imagine if that was Kno instead of a straight dog, we'd be we'd be in tears today.
Speaker 1: Well we'd be with Alcono. Yeah, you'd be in tears. Well, we'd be with Alcono and you're crying and Bill's sobbing on the floor exactly. All right, four coyotes against Cono. That's yeah, all right. Kf I A M six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app