Speaker 1: This episode makintain content of a graphic nature, including descriptions of physical and sexual violence against adults, children, and animals. Listener discretion is advised.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Shannon.
Speaker 2: Hi I'm Tanya, and we are Crimes and Consequences, a hardcore true crime podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey Shannon, Hey Tanya.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 3: Doing pretty good today? How about you?
Speaker 2: It's a Friday. I'm having a good day. What about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my day's fantastic. You know, live in the dream and I could hear it in your voice.
Speaker 2: You I can.
Speaker 3: It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: So well, what I'm gonna do for us is I'm going to finish up that Andre Romanov, bitch Chica Till Story.
Speaker 3: The Red Ripper, that fucking horrible guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I left you guys kind of hanging halfway. I left you guys with his works up to ninety two, so we still have plenty of years to go with his work, right, But I'm gonna remind you that of his monikers of the Red Ripper, the Butcher of Rosta, the Rostov Ripper, the Forest strip Killer, and the Mad Beast, he earned every single one of those. I ended by letting everybody know. You guys know that in nineteen eighty two he had took the lives of six more innocent people. And the last person I had mentioned was Olga so Ma chuen Up and that was on December eleventh. So we're gonna start again with Olga's story. Okay, so Olga, she had been lured into a cornfield at the edge of town where he overtook her. He did what he wanted with her while he stabbed her more than fifty times all over her body. He gouged her eyes out as well, and he didn't stop there. He decided to cut open her stomach, where he reached inside and pulled out her bowels and uterus. Then he just left her there. Sadly, she wouldn't be found for almost two whole months. Now police were beginning to notice the culprit they were looking for had developed and now followed a kind of pattern. So far, they knew all of the victims had been stabbed and cut up in very gruesome ways, whether that meant having their eyes gouged out of their head, their genitals completely removed from their body, or being disemboweled. The bodies of victims had been founded. Bodies of their victims had been found in isolated yet heavily wooded areas on the outskirts of town, which were within walking distance of bus and train stations. They also noted that when their killer was finished with the bodies, he made a half assed attempt at trying to bury or conceal them in any way. These were the facts, and so that's what investigators started with. They started a police operation called lessel Pulosa aka forest Path. After all, this was where Andre did his killing. And as for the nature of the killings, they got pretty bad. Police believed that the culprit was prolonging his killings because he was taking genuine pleasure from the act. Not just because of the numerous stab loans, sometimes upwards of thirty or more, but many of the bodies were horribly mutilated. Some stomachs were completely ripped open, while some were can you this mess? This diabolical? Some were completely ripped open, while some were missing sex organs that had been chopped off. Mainly, though, it was the eyes that got them. Pretty much everybody that had been found had stab wounds around the eyes. They would later learn that the reason he removed the eyes was attributed to a belief that his victims kept an imprint of his face in their eyes even after death. But the term serial killer was still something new to the Soviet Union, as they believed the term to be a Western thing. Needless to say, they weren't too keen on admitting that they had a phenomenon such as a serial killer on their hands. Instead of alerting the media and the people, they decided to keep it quiet. Andrea took a break for a bit, but not long. In June of nineteen eighty three, Dray killed fifteen year old Laura Sarkizen, whose body was never found. The police only learned of this murder after Andrea was caught and confessed to it years later. In July, Andre killed thirteen year old Ira Doan Doan and Colva, and a twenty four and a twenty four year old woman named Loda Cotajoba. On August eighth, he took the life of seven year old Igor goodov Kop. Sometime that same summer, he killed an eighteen year old girl who still remains unidentified to this day. In September, Andre killed twenty two year old Belayah so Jolina. At this point, the police believed the killings to be done by that of someone who was mentally handicapped due to their ghastly nature, so acting on these assumptions, they brought in their first two suspects, two young men named Kallenik and Shaburrah, who were residents of a special hostel for the handicap. They were initially brought in. They were initially brought in when they were arrested for trying to steal a car. Now that should have been their only charges, but the investigators, going off of their suspicions, somehow managed to get two confessions from both men claiming that they had raped and killed a number of women and children. Has been a controversy since many accused the police of quote unquote infringement of legality. While the two men were being interrogated, two more bodies popped up.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of course he never yeah, no, he's never stopping. No.
Speaker 2: Now, the infringement of legality, is that just a fancy word for saying you bully the confessions.
Speaker 3: Out of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess so that could probably be it like a wrongful confession.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On October twenty seventh, Andre killed nineteen year old via Sev Cohen, and on December twenty seventh, he killed a fourteen year old boy named Sergei Markov. He stabbed him more than seventy times and sawed off his genitals with a knife. God damn so horrible. So so then police brought in two more guys from the same mentally handicaped hostile name tap and Hana Maarov. Again, both men confess quickly. Of course, there were doubts once again about how police extracted the confessions. Wrapping up in the end of nineteen eighty three, Andre had taken the lives of seventeen people. However, only six bodies had been recovered. This was a huge concern for the Central Moscow militia as they were alarmed by the number of dead children that had surfaced. Oh do you think, right, yeah, all these this is terrible.
Speaker 4: If I lived in this community, I'd be like, what the hell is the police doing? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Beating people into confessing bullshit? Yeah, trying to sweep everything under the rug and make it easy for them, do some fucking footwork.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly Like you get these confessions, these wrongful confessions out of people, and the killings don't stop. Because you've got the wrong fucking person. Yeah, you're trying to make it so easy for you, right, that's all you're doing. A new team was sent to Rostov to take over the investigation, which was headed by Major Armikil Vetisov and his team, and after reviewing all of the findings so far, they confirmed that all six murders were the work of the same sex crazed killer. While Moscow headquarters reluctantly accepted these findings, they weren't about to begin calling the suspect a serial killer just yet. After all, this type of behavior was simply not possible in Russian culture, or so they thought. Police took the samples of seamen which had been taken from the victims, and it showed that the killer had Type A by blood. During the police investigation, hundreds of suspects were brought in for questioning. If any of the suspects matched, they were detained for further questioning and those that didn't were released. In nineteen eighty four, Andre was on a rampage. From January to September alone, fifteen new murders had been committed. On January nineteen eighty four, Andre killed seventeen year old Italia Jealoupe. Her body was found the next day by workers in Aviator's Park. Her body was covered in stab loans and her nose and upper lip had been cut off, as well as one of the fingers on her left hand. On February first, Andre killed a forty four year old woman named Marta Rebdjenko. Five days later, police arrested a name a man named Beskorski, who was not far from the scene of the crime. He too was slightly mentally handicapped and had been taken in after allegedly raping a tramp in the woods nearby, and even though there wasn't any solid evidence against him, the coincidence was too great for the police. As a result, Beskorski was arrested with two murders, which he had confessed to, just like the four other people before.
Speaker 3: Him that were all innocent.
Speaker 2: Yes, then, just the same as the others before him. He later withdrew his confession, claiming it was obtained while under duress. However, by that time he was already in jail and it was too late. But then a month later another killing took place. Andre killed a ten year old boy named Dima pashnikov on March twenty fourth, and his body had a crazy number of stab wounds fifty four altogether on a ten.
Speaker 3: Year old boy.
Speaker 2: Wow, and this made the police realize the killer was still on the loose. No shit, Sherlock, you know you didn't get the right confession. However, this time they found a piece of evidence not far from the body, a footprint found in the muddy ground. It wasn't much as it was an incomplete print, but they could tell it belonged to someone who wore a large size shoe. His next murder was an interesting one. Andre usually only dealt with children and women who were prostitutes, drugs or druggies. Not only that, but they were always spontaneous kills. But at this time though, this time he made plans to meet with his former mistress, thirty two year old Tanya Petrocian and her eleven year old daughter Feta Petrocian, and this was on May twenty fifth. After getting off the train together, the three walked for about ten minutes closer to the woods. Andre coaxed Tanya to lay down with him, and Sveeda got the hints she began making her way further into the woods. To leave them alone and to play, and then, when alone, the two began getting intimate. However, when they tried to have intercourse, Andre couldn't perform, just like he hadn't been able to all those years before, except this time, Tanya made a fateful, fateful mistake by beginning to mock his impotence.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, yeah right.
Speaker 2: He reached into his bag, produced a large knife, and he plunged it right into the side of her head. She began screaming, but he didn't stop. He then started beating her to death with the hammer. Obviously, her daughter came running, but Andre had been waiting for her. As soon as she approached the scene of the crime, Andrea attacked her in the same manner he did it her mother, first by stabbing and then by bludgeoning with the hammer. It wasn't until July fifth that the police would find Sveda's decomposed body, at least most of it. Her head had been completely severed off, and it lay in the undergrowth about five yards away. Three weeks later, Tanya's body would be found in the dense undergrowth, but only because people picnicking in the area complained of an awful smell. In June, Andre killed twenty two year old Julena Begalina. In July, he killed thirteen year old boy named Dima el Arjanov on the tenth, and he killed a nineteen year old girl named Anna lemis Jeva on the nineteenth and a twenty year old girl named Sveta Sana sometime in July. At some point during the summer months, he was fired from his job for theft of property. Andre started a new job in Rostop on August first. He was no longer just a supply clerk, but head of a department with five people working below him, and this was a good change for him, seeing as the bustling city life helped him to blend into the crowd. Plus the two hour train ride it took from his home and Shakti to his new job in Rostoff gave him a good excuse to come home late. Sometimes he wouldn't come home at all, claiming he had missed the last train. He ended up spending some of the nights in the main railway station hunting for new victims. He took advantage of his time. Andre killed a sixteen Andre killed a sixteen year old girl named Natasha Golasowa on August second, while on a business trip to Uzbekistan. A seventeen year old girl named Loda Alexeva on August synth. She suffered thirty nine slash wounds before he mutilated and disembowled her. Her body was found the next day with her upper lip inside of her mouth, an unknown woman between the eighth and thelanth, a twelve year old girl named Akmarel Shadelseva on August thirteenth, and then the boy named Sasha Chappelle on August twenty eighth, and a twenty four year old girl named Irena Loshinka on September. That is so busy, I can't even believe. And how he would just mutilate their bodies.
Speaker 3: And how is he not getting caught?
Speaker 2: This is the probably denial, you know, Oh we don't have serial killers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, grow up, Yeah, yeah, that's part of it, right, Yes, Like some of this stuff, I'm thinking it's in public, It's.
Speaker 2: In public people would have There has to be witnesses, there has to be so well. On September thirteenth, two undercover detectives roamed around the bus station and dressed as normal everyday people and watched everyone talking to everyone. It didn't take long for them to notice Andre, who they noticed would start combos with random women. They also noted that he had some gray hair, which matched that found at the crime scene. They began following him into town and saw how he approached all types of different women. Most importantly, they saw him play with himself in random public places.
Speaker 3: We got our boy, We got our guy right here. Yeah amen.
Speaker 2: They eventually approached him, and they arrested him on September fourteenth. During his search, the police found a knife with an eight inch blade, bundles of rope, and a jar of vasoline.
Speaker 3: We got our guy, yeah right.
Speaker 2: Once at the police station, Andre's history painted an unfortunate picture for him. They learned all they needed to know to be suspicious, not to mention, he was also suspected of robbing one of his previous employers, which allowed them to keep his detained longer. They decided to draw his blood in order to try and match it to the six seamen samples that they had collected. Unfortunately, Andrea's blood type came back as Type A, while the seamen samples were Type AB. What the investigators didn't know at the time was that Andrea had an extremely rare condition, a rare genetic condition. He was a non secretor, which meant that while his blood and saliva samples were Type A, his semen was type AB. Since they didn't have the modern day DNA testing they do today, they could never make the connection, and so that made Andre no longer a main priority, and the only real evidence that they had left were the contents of his briefcase and the police report of his activities at the train station. Incredibly, the knife and other items were lost when a local police lieutenant mishandled them by mistake. Having insufficient evidence to charge him for the murders, he was later charged with the stealing offenses and sentenced to one year in prison and kicked out of the Communist Party after only serving three months of his original sentence. Drey was released on December twelfth, nineteen eighty four, and he started a new job in a locomotive factory in nearby Novachureseik, just as he has, just as he was used to. This position also required him to travel. Issa Kostoyev, director of Moscow's Department for Violent Crime aka the Killer Department. He took over the case which was reorganized into three separate teams of investigators, one focused on Shakti, the second on Rostoff, and the third Novo Shackton. Their plan was to investigate each murder while focusing on the surrounding areas of each one. Now Andre laid low for a little while before he struck again summer of nineteen eighty five. On August first, nineteen eighty five, Andre killed an eighteen year old girl named Natasha push Lestova during a business trip to Moscow. He had lured her off the train with the promise of something to smoke, which she had approached him for, and tried to have sex. When he couldn't perform, he stabbed her thirty eight times before finally strangling her. When he was done, he covered her with the green raincoat she had been wearing and left her in the woods, and she was found the next day by a man picking mushrooms. On October twenty seventh, Andre killed an eighteen year old named Irena gol Yayeva. She was a vagrant with no place to go. They had met at the bus station and he offered her to stay at his cottage. Of course, that cottage didn't exist, and she became his next victim, he left her naked body about five hundred yards from the bus stop. Now, come December, the police organized for all of the trains in the three districts to be patrolled by officers and playing clothes. They had instructions to stop and check the documents of anyone who looked suspicious to them. Little did they know that Andre used his credentials as a freelance employer of the Department of Internal Affairs and had been helping the militia as they patrolled the trains. He now knew to kill in different areas, but also to take a little break, which he did and he didn't kill for all of nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 3: Wow, that must have been really hard for him.
Speaker 2: I would think so that struggle, because if you're like mass killing that you are blood loss.
Speaker 3: You can't get enough. I'm sure. Yeah, I'm sure it's adrenaline.
Speaker 4: He's like probably an adrenaline junkie, you know, he's probably the rush of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure it was really hard.
Speaker 4: It's probably similar to like being addicted to drugs for him.
Speaker 2: That's what I didn't think. That's what I compare it to too. Just from this search alone, the police turned out five and forty five men with previous confistions, ten thousand potentially dangerous mentally ill people, one hundred and nineteen homosexuals, one hundred and sixty three drivers. They managed to solve one thousand and sixty two crimes, including ninety five murders and forty five rates one hundred and forty cases of serious bodily harm. So, back in this time, and I don't even know really if it's true today, but back in the Ace, men would be punished for homosexual acts. So three more murders were recorded in nineteen eighty seven and May sixteenth. During a trip to the town of Revda in the euro Mountains, he killed a thirteen year old boy named Olag Macarinkoff. During another trip to Saprousi in the Ukraine, Andre killed a twelve year old boy named Ivan Bolitsky on July twenty ninth. The attack was so brutal that a part of his knife blade broke off and was later found at the scene by police. Later in court, the mother would say the following the day I buried my son, I gave him my word that I would try to live long enough to see his killer with my own eyes. I wanted to see the man who could rip open my son's stomach and then stuff mud in his mouth so that he would not cry out. I want to know what he looked like, to know which mother could bear such an animal. And now I see him. Wow, that's pretty powerful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is.
Speaker 2: Then during a trip to Leningrad on September fifteenth, Andre killed a sixteen year old boy named Jora Zarah Soddoc. The investigators were stumped. They could see why prostitutes and the like would go off with the killer, but they couldn't understand the young children. Why did they follow him and what did he say? Then again, he presented himself as an educated all dress man who would sympathize with their situation, whatever it may be. On April sixth, nineteen eighty eight, the police found the body of an unidentified twelve year old girl who had been killed two to five days earlier. Then, on May fourteenth, Andre killed a nine year old boy named Loja Veronko. Then exactly two months later, he killed a fifteen year old boy named Zanja Moratov. This case was a puzzle to police. They couldn't understand why this boy would go off with the killer so willingly he wasn't a runaway or a likely suspect. Later on, after the case was over, a Rostov psychiatrist cruised the streets as a middle aged, solidly built man and tried to lure children in his car with the promise of food or drink. He was shocked and horrified at the number of children that accepted his offer and willingly climbed into the passenger seat to head to an unknown destination. They found the boy's bones eight months later. More than seven months later, Andre would kill again. He was at the railway stage when he saw sixteen year old Tatiana Rasova with her dirty clothes, her unkempt hair, and of course, the smell of alcohol ho her. He approached her and offered her food and drink, knowing that he had his daughter's keys to her empty apartment. She had recently gotten a divorce, and Andrea was in charge of trying to swap the apartment with two smaller ones so his daughter and son in law could live separate lives. Once at the apartment, Andrea offered her some badka before seducing her. He couldn't perform once again, which made the girl get loud, so he pulled out a knife and stabbed her in the mouth. He then violated her body. He knew he had to dispose of the body, but it would be tricky trying to get her out of the flat, so he decided to take a knife from the kitchen and start sawing off her head and limbs. He then wrapped her in rags and pieces of clothing and put her in the cellar while he finished cleaning up the blood. Then he went and found a sled outside, which he tied the girl's remains to. He began and moving her away from the house, but once he neared the railway crossing, he got the sled stuck. A passerby started coming towards him, which made him panic. However, the other man simply bent down and helped him lift the sled over the track. Once the man disappeared from out of sight, Andre began to stuff the body parts into some large pipes that ran near the railway, and her body was found nine days later. By this time everything pointed to the railway, whether it was that victims were found close or that they were last seen alive at the railway. They began manning the railways with plane clothes investigators times and upwards of five to six hundred officers patrolling. Some were acting like passengers, while others were in the surrounding woods pretending to pick mushrooms, which was a favorite Russian pastime. Some of the women were posing a prostitutes, but he never took the bait. When he was interviewed after his capture, Dre may clear that he never set out in search of typically a man or a woman. If the victim turned out to be an adult woman, all was well, but it was just as good if it was a prepubescent girl or a fourteen year old boy. He was the ultimate opportunist. The main thing for him was to kill. On May eleventh, nineteen eighty nine, Andre was shopping on the edge of town when he first saw an eight year old boy named Sasha jackanof He was in his school uniform and he was walking alongside the main road. Normally, he would lure the boy somewhere, but his desire was so strong that he merely waited for the boy to be covered by a row of bushes, and once he was, Andre jumped up from behind him and began stabbing him. The bustle of the city covered the boy's screams. He left the boy just twenty yards from the road, but even then he wasn't found till fifty five.
Speaker 4: Wow, did you say his name was Sasha jackanof mm hmm, that's.
Speaker 2: A lot of I think they're yakinov. I think the jay the DJ might be a yah. I'm not sure or jah.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm like, what what did I just hear? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So then he killed a ten year old boy named Losia Mojess on June twentietheen eighty nine. And I'm gonna tell you right now, these Russian and Ukrainian names are very hard to sound out right, but like a little compassion of my pronunciation.
Speaker 3: I know. I'm like, ooh, some of these are just oh, I gotta edit that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: On August nineteenth, nineteen eighty nine, Andrea was waiting at a bus stop on his way to celebrate his father's birthday party when he saw nineteen year old Yelena Barga. He offered to walk her home, and on the way he lured her into the woods, where he began stabbing her. After cutting out her uterus and slicing up part of her face. He wrapped what was left of her in clothing and left for the party. On August twenty eighth, teen eighty nine, Andre met a ten year old boy named Aliosa Chibata who was fascinated by horror films. Of course, Andrea used that knowledge to his advantage. Andre told the boy he could show him some great horror films and asked him to come with him to see what's crazy about this murder is Andrea was originally planning to commit suicide due to his bouts of depression, so he had actually dug a grave for himself in Rostoff Cemetery earlier that week, and instead he ended up leading this boy to it, and after hitting the boy in the head, he jumped on the boy and began attacking him. He bit off his tongue and caught off his sexual organs, and then he threw the boy in the pit and covered it with dirt. The body wasn't found until well after Andrea was eventually arrested.
Speaker 3: As time went.
Speaker 2: On, police recovered more and more bodies with missing body parts. Most females were missing their uterus and nipples, while the males were missing their genitals and sometimes had their tongue sliced or bitten off completely. Andre and his killings were evolving and truly becoming so much worse with the passing days. Police learned that their killer enjoyed intensifying the suffering of victims by performing little operations on them while they were still alive. Photographs in the files of the investigators showed the state of the corpse after each were found. Even those that were fresh were virtually unrecognizable as a result not just of stabbing and slashing, but of deep wounds in the belly through which he extracted their internal organs. By now, his knowledge of human anatomy was such that he knew what they were, which he wanted, and exactly where to cut in order to get at them most easily. The agony of his victims must have been incredible. Many must have died literally of shock as the crazed surgeon made his incisions, said the investigator. Another part of his routine became him cutting off and chewing on the genitals. He didn't swallow, but it doesn't matter. At this point. He was obsessed with uteruses and got really good at cutting them out. Quote. I did not want to bite them, so much as chew them. Andre later said they were so beautiful and elastic. This is like an an like. You can't hardly hear the fucking words out of his mouth.
Speaker 3: I know, what the hell.
Speaker 4: I am so disturbed by the story. I'm speechless.
Speaker 2: As it was just at the end of the twentieth century, the nineteen hundreds. I mean, this is just right in our backyards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly so.
Speaker 2: In nineteen ninety marked the last year finally of Andrea's freedom, and he definitely lived it up by killing eight more people. On January fourteenth, he killed eleven year old boy named Andre Krypchenko, a ten year old boy name Mizalav mark Mark Karoff, Markaroff on March seventh, a thirty one year old woman name named Lobov Zoyeva in April, a thirteen year old boy named Vita Petrov on July twenty eighth, and eleven year old boy named Ivan Foeman on August fourteenth, a sixteen year old boy named Vedam Gromov on October seventeenth, a sixteen year old boy named Vita Schachenko on October thirtieth. Andrea would later describe the murder of Veden Gromov to be among his most brutal killings. Conradi writes, after they had gone on for some three hundred yards together, he suddenly began to shake and to feel sexually aroused. Taking the boy completely by surprise, he jumped on him from behind and forced him to the ground, ripping off his trousers. As his victim lay pinned on his face, Andre off his own trousers and underpants, and he rubbed his penis against Grumov's buttox until he ejaculated. At that moment with the last ounce of his energy, the boy tried to escape, Andrea was too fast and too strong. Taking a length of rope from his bag, he tied the boy's hands and, turning him onto his back, began to strip off the rest of his clothes. Then, as the animal in him took over, he bit off the tip of the boy's tongue and began to strike at him wildly in the head and stomach within his knife. Gromov died within seconds, and in a gruesome finale, Andrea took the blade and cut off his genitals, tossing them away into the undergrowth. As the euphoria faded, he untied the hands, removed the few scraps of clothing still left on him, and dragged the naked body off to the bushes, where he covered it with leaves. He used the clothes to clean the blood off his hands, then they too were tossed into the bushes. After straightening his own clothes, he left as calmly as he had arrived, going back to the station and taking the train home to Novo. The police took their policing to the next level and used all of the officers They had to man every bus stop and train station across all the usual killing areas. I'm gonna say, maybe post some officers in the fucking underbrush. Yeah that he keeps throwing things in.
Speaker 3: I know, right, Yeah, that might be a good spot, the undergrowth. Yes.
Speaker 2: They were forced to suspect anyone and anything and ask for information immediately upon first inner action, So it made things even worse when Andre managed to kill yet again. Lastly, on November sixth, Andre killed a twenty two year old woman named Svetlana Karstik. She went with him to the woods near less Cause station and was beaten, stabbed, mutilated, and missing her genitals. Andre removed the tip of her tongue and both nipples and ate them at the scene before he covered her naked body with leaves and branches. And as he returned to the Duless Cause station, an officer spotted Andre coming out of the woods. He was a middle aged man, probably in his peace, wearing a gray suit, tie, glasses, and carrying a bag with a shoulder strap. At the opposite end of the platform there was a water hydrant which the man stopped to use to clean himself up. Now this wasn't all too unusual, because, like I said before, mushroom picking in these parts as a big you know, doing it, and they would often come out looking dirty and stopping at the hydrant to clean up. However, as the officer Rbakov got closer to the man in question, he noticed a bandage on the man's fingers along with a red stain on his cheek. Rybakov approached the man and asked for his papers, and wouldn't you know it, it was Andre. Of course, this officer didn't know anything about Andre or his past run ins with the law in relation to this case. He took down the name and later, after leaving his post at the station, he wrote a report about this encounter with Andrea. Now, who knows what happened to that report. On November thirteenth, forty police officers and twenty dogs combed the nearby area only to find that Sputa's body was there. Officers were blown away as that meant that Andrea had to have slipped past their men at the station. This made them go back and look at the reports, and that's when they found the write up about the last Andrea encounter and they began to follow him. So on November twentieth, Andre left work to have his finger checked out by a doctor, which he had gotten when one of his victim's bit his finger. After receiving treatment at a nearby clinic, he left with a broken finger. Not long after arriving home, he took off again to have a beer, but on his way he couldn't help but to talk to a young boy he saw. However, the young boy was scared off when a woman approached the two of them. He continued to walk down the road until he bumped into another young boy, whom he started a conversation with. This young boy was eventually called away by his mother, and this didn't seem to sway Andre because he just kept on his way scoping out potential victims.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because he will kill anybody, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: After he's already pulled in for questioning, and that didn't stop, only stopped him for a year. He won't be stopped. Yes, you're right. That's when three mother, that's when three men in leather jackets walked up to him and identified themselves as police. He was then handcuffed and arrested, and during the search of his person, police found that the briefcase Andre had been carrying with him had a knife, a length of rope, and a jar of basolene inside. After a thorough search of his apartment, police found twenty three knives, a hammer, and a pair of shoes which were later found to match the footprint next to one found by a previous victim. It took five days of interrogating Andre before the police got anything from him. He wasn't saying much of anything at all until psychiatrists Alexanderkanowski sat down with him and made Andre think he was trying to understand the mind of serial killer. After all, this psychiatrist had worked tirelessly with police and created an entire profile on the kind of killer Andre was. Of course, Andre was intrigued by this attention, but once the man began reading, Andre had never felt so seen or heard in his life. This man he had just met began reading what Andre couldn't believe described him to the tee. Andre ended up breaking down and telling the psychiatrist everything he was guilty of the police had only originally suspected him of thirty six murders, so they were quite surprised to learn that he was actually responsible for fifty six murders. Afterwards, the psychio i has trisdeemed Andre to fit to stand trial. April fourteenth, nineteen ninety two, marked the very first day of Andre's trial. He was held in an iron cage so as to keep him away from the jury. While in there, he would randomly burst into song, ramblot and gibberish, and even pull down his pants to expose himself. I can only imagine this show.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine?
Speaker 4: Okay, we were watching Court TV and it's some you know, craziest trial and they bring this guy in in a fucking cage and then he just starts singing and he pulls his pants down and come on, man.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, can you imagine if you and I were sitting in jury's I would look at you like, live this motherfucker.
Speaker 3: I'm like, are you seeing this?
Speaker 2: Quite a show?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What the fuck?
Speaker 2: But through all that, he seemed to show no remorse for his actions whatsoever, and if anything, he seemed to be proud of what he had done while on the saint. While on the stand, Drey himself said the following, I was like a craze wolf. I just turned into a beast, into a wild animal, unquote. On October fifteenth, nineteen ninety two, Andrea was found guilty of fifty two counts of murder, one charge having been dropped due to insufficient evidence. The fifty three deaths ended up being eighteen women, fourteen girls, and twenty one boys. On February fourteenth, nineteen ninety four, Drey Romanovitch Chikatilo was executed by a single shot to the back of the head. The only sentence that he deserves, the judge stated, and that is the story of Andre Chikatilo.
Speaker 3: Damn girl, this one was mad.
Speaker 4: I think this is one of the most horrible yes stories I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Operating while victims are still alive. The mutal of the body come on, Yeah, like what the fuck you gotta And then just like the whole chewing on body parts, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like what the fuck is that? Yeah, whitey like tips of your tongue and nipples and like.
Speaker 2: What I don't get?
Speaker 4: Yes, I am, I mean we've talked about this million times, like just being fascinated with like how does how does somebody become that person?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 2: And I think they were trying to say something about the water on the brain, that hydro syphilis condition. I don't know, But.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, I don't know. I'm not, you know, obviously a doctor. I'm not a trained professional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, I'm a I'm an excellent judger though I like to judge.
Speaker 3: Yes, I like speculate quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Set, Yeah, I just the hell And you don't even know where to begin with this awfulness. And then like the police are just like fucking it up over and over and over.
Speaker 2: They're looking for the easy way out. Let's go to the mentally handicapped home, yeah, and make every cause then they don't got to look.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, let's brow beat some poor handicaped person and force them into some confession because they're terrified, and then yes, and then all surprise, the killings continue.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I just I don't know. This was messed up. And I don't think I've ever heard this story.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't remember this awfulness.
Speaker 3: I know, I don't remember this. You think this would have made news? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was in nineteen eighties. I guess I was just hit my head in the sand. I was in high school in Shakau.
Speaker 2: I was going in college. Yeah, I was over in Germany. I had no idea because I'm looking alike. And when he was found guilty in nineteen ninety two, I was still in the service. So I have no idea what's going on.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm in college, just living my life. I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know it's crazy, though, But thank you very much for that story. That horrorific those victims. It's just so sad, it is, you know, I just it's.
Speaker 3: Very, very terrible.
Speaker 2: And his pictures of him are unsettling, the ones that I have posted. You know this with the story, Yeah, do you see his eyes? Like? Yeah, do you ever look at someone and just you're confident you can see the crazy and at least one of the eyes. Yeah yeah, yeah, definitely he's got that look disturbing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: So well, again, thank you and thank you everyone for listening, and if you haven't done so already, please hit the subscribe or follow button on whatever app you're listening to. And we also would invite everyone, if you're enjoying our podcast to please become one of.
Speaker 3: Our Patreon members.
Speaker 4: We release an episode a week to our Patreon numbers, and you can also subscribe through Epple Podcasts, the Apple podcast app, and what you get, like I said, is one new episode a week in addition to this one that we offer to the public, and you also get all of the episodes that we episode that we published to the public.
Speaker 3: They are AD free and you get them early release.
Speaker 2: So that's over five hundred episodes, so you can totally Yes, it is a beiritable treasure.
Speaker 3: Trove, pressure trove.
Speaker 4: So anyway, well, thank you again until our next episode.
Speaker 2: Until our next time, girlfriend, love you, love.
Speaker 3: You, I'll talk to you, Talk to you. Five