Speaker 1: Coach Pender's back up in the broadcast booth with us. It was an interesting star. We're just talking about Charlie West. And I know you had to have patience because he walked a bunch of guys early. He walked the first two guys he faced, and then again in the third inning there were two walks in a row. You had the bases loaded that he had to get out of that. And I'm wondering where you were at at that point, because I saw you on the top step and about to make the step and thene you didn't do it?
Speaker 2: Good call. It was, you know, Charlie looked like a pyromaniac and he didn't get burned somehow, you know, And you don't see that very often. He was playing with fire from pitch one. He just could not command it in the first inning. Then he gets out of it with three punch outs, you know, and it's like, what in the heck am I going to do here? So we had Shaw up I think two batters into the game. We had Greg Shaw running down to the pen and we had him warming up for four innings I think, you know, and then we had to use him. We had to bring him in. He got back on the beam today. But Charlie doesn't get hit. You know, It's like, man, I know, you got a nibble to a certain an extent, but you know that's how his stuff works. But really, I mean, you can he can be a little bit more aggressive in the zone and today you know, he was dodging bullets and thankfully, you know, they didn't they didn't get a hit with runners on and and he wouldn't have given up a hit period. I don't think that sunball doesn't get caught by Doherty. That was I think the only hit he gave up, you know, right after that, Choy got that single. But yeah, frustrating, but you know, hey, he's been doing it somehow. He's been doing it. He's been escaping, you know, trouble. And we had enough guys behind him today. It was just like, I don't think these guys are going to square him up. He's just going to be his own worst enemy. And thankfully we got out of it.
Speaker 1: He's like Houdini out there for and he also got a lot of fly ball outs. I mean he had four fly balls to center field in a row for outs in the middle of the third and the fourth inning, only one ground ball out really in the fifth inning, so uh, you had to be pleased that he hung in there. Yeah. I don't want a pictures struggling like that. You could just fall over the cliff and blow the game up. But he didn't do that.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't. And you know, kudos to him. Is just his pitch count was up there to the point where we had to get him out after the fifth and the guys behind him did all their jobs today. I thought they were very good. You know, Finn gives gives one up, but I thought he was throwing strikes. He was coming out of his hand while his stuff looked good. Shaw looked really good. Crucial got his batter, so, you know, a good day. We haven't had enough good days on the mound. And it didn't look like it was going to start like a good day from the mound, but the guys cleaned it up and it was, you know, a really good weekend. Yeah, almost sixteenth straight at you know in the conference, that's not easy. I don't think we've ever done that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's that could be record breaking. And you haven't had a shutout in like seventy seven games. You almost had it today, but that didn't happen. How about getting Aden Doherty back in the lineup. Guy comes up with three hits today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know he can hit. He can really hit. He goes to the opposite field really well. He hits the ball on the line, doesn't try to do too much with his swing. You know, he doesn't have a ton of power, but he can still hit, hit one in the gap. I like his bats, and we needed to get him kind of push him to get out there. He probably would have been better to wait, you know, till Tuesday, or even against the University of Maine, but I wanted him to see live pitching today so that we could potentially, you know, Northeastern throws another lefty at us, we can have him ready to go. And I know bo Rude will be fine. He'll be ready to go whether it's off the bench or in the starting lineup. But we need to get Aiden back in the mix. And I'm glad we did. He swung the bat well.
Speaker 1: And finally, Graham MacArthur's starting to figure out this ballpark. He's hit the ball on the right side three times in these three games and hit it out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they were trying to bust them in and they hit him. You know, he does not go out of the zone too often, and he was laying a little heavy on his front side, on his front foot for about three four weeks and he kind of went into a bit of a tailspin when we began Biggie's play. Seems like he's dug out of that and looks a little bit more balanced at the plate. He's gotten and he's actually gotten in a little bit better shape too. We had a talk mid season. He's working at it, so you know, I'm happy to see some progress there. And you know he's going to be a big he'll be a big key for us down the stretch. You know, we've got I think we got Biller in a good place right now in the five hole. I like the way our lineup shakes out, with the way that we have our speed situated. He's going to block that speed MacArthur, but he still he gives us really good at bats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Huski is a roll, and I mean twenty of twenty one. Always good to finish strong, no matter what sport you're playing, you want to finish strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, and we have an opportunity to stay at home now, seven home games in a row, first time that's happened all year, and we're excited about it. So hopefully the Husky faithful will come out Tuesday night. I haven't even seen a forecast yet, I haven't looked that far ahead, but I hope it's a nice night and we can fill the ballpark because that's a really good Northeastern team. I mean, they are the best team in New England right now, and that's been our kind of mantle. We got an opportunity to kind of avenge a defeat that we took up there. We didn't do any hitting at all and they shut us out. And hopefully we can have a bunch of fans in the stands on on Tuesday night cheering us on and and uh, you know, keep this thing rolling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking forward to that one. It's gonna be a big one for New England baseball fans on Tuesday. All right, coach, thanks appreciate it, Thank you good Win. That's Jim Penders