Speaker 1: Welcome to the This Week's Like a podcast sponsored by Sky Bett aka Freeze, Tom, Joe and Jake with you to run through the schedule coming up on this episode. Then, we're reflecting on the European action over the past few days. But will that influence our Saturday selections. Well, we're taking four automatic promotion hopefuls, all at home combined at eight to one. Please, if you haven't already subscribed to the channel to ensure that you never miss an episode. I'm remembered to keep it fun. Never bet all than you can afford. This podcast is eighteen plus.
Speaker 2: Please gamble responsibly.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's kick off by looking at last week. It was bad, but at one point it looked good. I'm thinking about the fortieth minute it will kick on. It was happening. Burma winning Bristol rovers were winning Bornema for winning. It didn't happen in the end. Congratulations to Rotherham, who hadn't won a Saturday three pm away game since about nineteen eighty eight. We've batted them to lose they've won, so well done. Congratulations, you've finally done it. All you needed was our curse.
Speaker 2: Jimmy's not on.
Speaker 1: That's weird who wants to take any comments based stuff of anyone got listen, Yeah, I got them. You've already basically read a comment out for us there, which is really helpful.
Speaker 2: But Bolton C.
Speaker 1: Got in touch to say the chastrakes again rather than not won away at three pm Saturday for three years. Then long come the lads, so cheers for that one thinking Colin Jeffrey was prolific with his comments.
Speaker 2: Well, how many comments there?
Speaker 1: He sent four and one of them it's war and peace. Just as a quick count, I reckon that's about one hundred and fifty words. Quite offensive some of it, but thanks for getting in touch. Still keep the comments coming.
Speaker 2: Asle A I summarize, I'm just going to pick.
Speaker 1: Out one, which is you might as well get three monkeys than these guys. Anyone following these predictions and most weeks will just make the bookies more money each week. Maybe it's a joke, question mark, We've got.
Speaker 2: A different monkey onto them. Hello, I'm back fourth monkey.
Speaker 1: We switched twitched Jake in for Jimmy. Sorry, lads, said Carlyle Charver two six' five one ten ground with your first two, wins then lost it all or she.
Speaker 2: Did sean's believe.
Speaker 1: Last, One Seawan, Scott dennis always Get, Actually Colin, Douglas i'll read you out as, well, mate Because i'm a fan of your. Comment this ocker has some work to do, now. LADS i Kept rovers And, wimbledon dropped the cherries and Added Donnie walsall And. Posh the one THING i will, say because that acker won't have won, Either Sean. Scott, then it was a pretty tricky slate to pick a winning acle last. Week everything that we even vaguely discussed we were really good at saying why. Not so the ones that we all had doubts on pretty much none of them. Won or the team that were like, NO i actually fancied them to cause an upset day. Won but if you went and looked at the slate now with the, results it would have been very hard to actually pick a Winning.
Speaker 2: Not not to defend you all too, much But joe messaged me On, WEDNESDAY i think it was When who's doing his prep and just literally, said you've got.
Speaker 1: Away with one.
Speaker 2: Here oh. God yeah it was not being on last week AND i had not looked at the, schedule but yeah it. Was it looked AWFUL i would have struggled to pick a winner any winning. Teams probably we were. Shit, yeah, yeah we're going to be better this. Week all?
Speaker 1: Right well, ack round us off With Colin douglas Saying i'm so glad use so i'd Get so that's either somebody from if you let us, Know, colin either From scotland or The. NORTHEAST i tend to think if someone's saying, News i'm so glad you will never get to tip the. Horses i've told yous. Before take up the.
Speaker 2: Fishing jimmy's.
Speaker 1: Trying, yeah that's where he, is is not is just behind that wall. Magic the good news is the slate. Is i'm going to make very early. CLAIM i don't overthink.
Speaker 2: IT i like easy.
Speaker 1: Games this would just take an ie ay to or. Something get back on track with four picks.
Speaker 2: Before we do.
Speaker 1: That if you BACKED psg in A WEDNESDAY, aka how furious would you be This thursday?
Speaker 2: Morning raging while the hell did?
Speaker 1: They well we, Know, allison you'd have been, furious you would have you, said before you Bat?
Speaker 2: Liverpool so you're? Delighted YEAH i Bat. LIVERPOOL i just THOUGHT psg that this kind of happens every. Year doesn't It WITH. Psg he gets this stage of The Champions, league the battering all the frenchship teams in the league and among goes oh gets a bit carried. Away but they actually lived up to the billing of being looking like a legit. Team they just, yeah they just met An alison in unbelievable. FORM i do do want to Credit liverpool in defense as, well BECAUSE i think they limited PSG's shot quality very. Well you don't remember too many Clear cup CHANCES psg. Had it was more shots from distance that Before allison into good. Saves but, YEAH i was just saying To joe before we, started a lot of people jumping ON psg to win the second leg At, ANFIELD i just thought that was a bit daft to be hones Because liverpool an't going to play that bad. AGAIN psg young will play that well. Again it's a, young INEXPERIENCED psg team and Experienced liverpool team at home in the under the likes in The Champions, league the old. Cliche i'd be shocked to football that.
Speaker 1: Advance it was interesting as well to see last night that THE tnt, presenters WHO i distinctly remember many of them early in the, season saying him And keller deserves a running the. Team it would be absolutely diabolical to Bring allison straight back in given how while he's playing, there there was.
Speaker 2: No real into that was the last.
Speaker 1: Night it was an unbelievable, display definitely stuck his flagging the ground for being the best keeper in the world by a clear.
Speaker 2: Margin i'd say.
Speaker 1: At the, MOMENT i can't think who was anywhere near the levels that he's able to produce all round game as well distribution. Him every Time liverpool looked like it might get an opening on the counter, attack it was usually him starting it as. Well sot, right just hoofing his eight up there as a, performance it just.
Speaker 2: Makes you wonder, there just Like liverpool have just Signed Marmadi shavili as.
Speaker 1: Well i'd say he's not been playing well as he For valencia. Either it's not really going well from over, there which who'd have thought buying a player on the back of a tournament.
Speaker 2: Always works as.
Speaker 1: Always, works so he's definitely delivered at the right. Time Arsenal, villa they did the. Job, Yeah Arsenal, JESUS i wanted to just leave it and did the. Job who had if you want More Sporting life football. Genius if you go back to the, preview ignore the fact the actual tip did win at. Six that's irrelevant BECAUSE i ended the intro section by, saying it's certainly a game where your eyes are drawn to under two and a.
Speaker 2: Half just sure landed six to. One, TIMBER i think that time waste completely. Irrelevant that part with five one up and he's time. Wasting it was just so Vinta jarsenal. Classic, yeah that is just.
Speaker 1: FANTASTIC i suppose To jimmy On monday afternoon about what to put in The tuesday actor that we do just on the. Website we did have a couple of comments coming in on the YouTube channel saying what are the.
Speaker 2: Picks for for?
Speaker 1: Midweek and remember you need to go straight to straight to the website for. That and looked at us AND i was, LIKE i like The arsenal, price but they've got no striker out this so we just can't trust.
Speaker 2: Him to score. Enough everyone scored.
Speaker 1: And he's joint the biggest defeat in, HISTORY i mean had to be. Unbeaten was it either at home or just all told fifteen matches something like.
Speaker 2: That, yeah having a bit of a, wobble but it.
Speaker 1: Was a broken man, afterwards wasn't it? Was he couldn't say anything pretty. Much the fact they've got to play a second. Leg there should be a mercy rule really top. Out they can just like allow fans to play a game instead or something like, that because this is ridiculous the second like The TUESDAY. Aca if you want to Comment Luca hemingway On, Twitter, george send me This villa faners think well the looks of? It CAN i just can you just ask which pre in capitals recommended reading to be exeter H that was?
Speaker 2: Me, yeah.
Speaker 1: Fucking Brain dead's nil, nil isn't? It no Mill yeah sent a screenshot on it being nil nil and ten shots to. Eleven to be, FAIR i did have my own bit On cambridge to Be stevenage who didn't, win but a half time the shot.
Speaker 2: Count was nil. Nil, wow nothing had, happened As george, replied and. Me see that's WHY i stopped Using. Twitter, NO i just can't take the.
Speaker 1: Abuse he did he wanted he did run it past reply And jimmy Of jimmy The Punk fame we put out THINK psg Versus liverpool shot map hanging in The luther loove and he's, REPLIED i don't think you know how the louver works spelled N. O So george did want to, REPLY i don't think you know how spelling, works but do.
Speaker 2: It Maybe i'm on the account, now MAYBE i will.
Speaker 1: Replying he's a very good, writers but it's just.
Speaker 2: Correcting the no and the. Kne it's a little foible of this AN O. B there. Was there was a few decent talking points on the weekend as. WELL i think the main one Was millwall goalkeeper Just.
Speaker 1: I'll stop hurting his. Feelings everyone just.
Speaker 2: Feelings what's the worst tackle you've ever? SEEN i immediately went To Ben thatcher On mendez that live or just, no just in general like. That you can remember saw.
Speaker 1: The joe mckvley. Tackle the chef Was joe, McEvilly. SHEEFFIELD i had one where he flips and the best Tackles i've ever.
Speaker 2: Seen that was.
Speaker 1: Amazing Ruben, LAMEIREZ i can't remember. It yeah against, Commentary, YEAH i think it Was. LEE i think one day is one day with the. Boat it was like quite he was he was a really elegant. Midfielder any Room lameres and it JUST i think it give him. Concussion it was that bad. Challenge IT'S i can't remembers on coke cons but they don't use them anymore because THEN i went back and watched it.
Speaker 2: Recently that's a red. Cat, yeah all the other. Way, Sorry, yeah he's got to get, book did? HE i don't think.
Speaker 1: So Ben thoron bent that one's the worst because it looked, like, allegedly it looked as though he may have been trying to hurt, him which is why it was quite, scary and he like stared over him like it was more combat at the.
Speaker 2: End didn't.
Speaker 1: He it's definitely an accident That Leam roberts. ONE i think he potentially bottled it a bit not to go in with his, head SO i ended up going in with his.
Speaker 2: Foot mistimed. It so does the reverse of The. Marne it was so. Dangerous from a few years. Ago marnee did the same To edison when he came rushing. Out, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: Awful, so, yeah it's as bad AS i can remember seeing Howb, yeah it was. Shocking Steve parrish at least kept his own, counsel which is.
Speaker 2: Good those WEIRD.
Speaker 1: Bbc halftime interviews with chairman of clubs that has really come to.
Speaker 2: The fore on that.
Speaker 1: One, Anyway can we just talk about the long? Term, no we absolutely. Can't one of my players just got kicked in the head bag goalkeeper and he's in. Hospital we don't know whether he's gain. Consciousness we can't talk about other.
Speaker 2: Stuff they're giving him an extended, well can We is that all? Right try?
Speaker 1: It they're pushing for, it which again from the club who brought. You no one likes, Us we don't, care, sequel please stop hurting our. Feelings but, anyway bad. Tackle nobody's saying he went out and meant. It but these things can be. True it was a fucking atrocious. Challenge can't do.
Speaker 2: That and some people say.
Speaker 1: Those are, true and nobody, like we don't going out and saying his intention was to. Try, no that's of course. Not it happens you make bad, decisions that's. Fine there's a consequence to making bad. Decisions that's unfortunately also. True that's like the middle ground THAT i don't think many parties are kind of seen as part of.
Speaker 2: It BECAUSE i was trying to my brother about it the week and he was, LIKE i don't think that's a red. Card i'm, like, what, okay you just literally sweep your, music gone for the, Head like obviously he's gone for the, ball but he foot's that. HIGH i Mean mateta's what six foot two three four maybe gives his tuppedin. Shirt remember when he when he first came To palace and he had the platts and the it was. Terrible so then he shaved it all off and just turned into proudly when he rebadged, himself rebranded First samsons worked. Well barbers responsible for. That they needed a right. Range millwall won't feature this week because they're at twelve. Thirty Will palace heard You wall to start? THIS i JUST i wanted To, yeah, ipswich which is a nice way to. Start AND i think that's value If matet's playing by DON'T i say what If mateta is not going to? Play, YEAH i mean he's not going to. Play And ketty came off the bench and got a, goal which is good for his. Confidence ketty has started.
Speaker 1: Scoring at least he's got a couple, hour hasn't he in the past couple of, weeks which he desperately.
Speaker 2: Needed thirty million quid it's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Money For, palace AND i saw this week that it might have been Pulled barber maybe At brighton was saying that he like it shows like he felt uncomfortable paying forty million For Georginio ruter and who had just sent thirty million for Shiar pedro as, well and it just shows that got to spend that money now if you're not if you're anywhere in The Premier, league is like the going rate to get. Anyone but it's not happened for.
Speaker 2: Him But i'm not sure one to two is a bit?
Speaker 1: Short are they better Than? NIPSWICH i was impressed Within catcher off the. BENCH i know it's against the big caveats is against ten man championship Strugglers, millwall BUT i just thought he's all around. Game he looked really, Sharp SO i wouldn't immediately draw a line through it because of the fact that he's going to be playing instead Of. Mateta of, Course mateta has been in superb form For Crystal. PALACE i would probably because of it because of being one to. Two i'd probably leave it to one side initially in search of slightly more favorable, prices just so we're not boxing ourselves in, early BUT i do have it down as a. SELECTION i like for as you alluded, To, tom then like getting Against. Ipswich pallace have been really really good for a long.
Speaker 2: Period of a bit of a nine wins in.
Speaker 1: Twelve, yeah so THAT'S i think they absolutely destroyed Aston villa at home, recently SO i would feel confident that they will Beat. IPSWICH i Know ipswich stung us in An acha only a couple.
Speaker 2: Of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: That which you've happened at The, ethnically Aston villa deserved to win that. Game Crystal pallace are a good. Team then, YEAH i do like the. Selection it's JUST i think it's right on the line of of value price, wise and then there is the The selight change up, front So i'd say it's one to put a pin.
Speaker 2: In where should we?
Speaker 1: Go where did you want to chuck one in to start? WITH i mean there are a couple of immediately jump out to me that we've not to somebody else want to go to Beat. Luton why they're four to, SIX i don't. Know Just burnley to Beat luton.
Speaker 2: Baffling it's Again.
Speaker 1: Burnley conceded in midweek that was a, strange strange, phenomena but again it's the championship promotion contenders Of Sheffield, united who are well mentioned shortly And burnley just always, big. Overpriced it feels like in. GAMES i think it's fundamentally because they're. Well they're not they're not not, good but in terms of performance levels they're not as good as the. Leaders but still they're winning most, Weeks they're still hanging, Around they're still well within the, race and the fact that the Schedule leeds Play portsmouth On sunday got a chance to put more pressure on it for both of them And luton. Haven't Again we've said it, before they're going down. Effectively now it's there's the time to turn it. Around is quickly running. Out they have five points a drift Of, cardiff who playing quite well in terms of picking up results in and getting stuff and that kind of Seven i'll hammering was a nice reset point for. Them Stoke hull who actually won a home game for once a well done to.
Speaker 2: Them.
Speaker 1: Oxford The Gary rowitt thing has kind of dropped, off but they went on such a good run that they dragged themselves out of. Trouble luton are running out of, time and they are showing no signs of real life in. Truth, yes they did Beat portsmouth that was. Narrowly in away games, especially it's absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: On their way. Record, yeah.
Speaker 1: Terrible i'm gonna guess they must have beaten someone they beat qprs Under.
Speaker 2: Edwards i've won once away from home all season and they've lost thirteen of the last fourteen away league. Games the only point they picked up in that time was away At Sheffield wednesday in a game that they considered over two x Bale. WALL i know it was A london team in. Blue so they are absolutely tragic away from home and now that going against one of the teams in the. League simple, simple it.
Speaker 1: Is four to six best. Price that is said that it is bonkers if you kick off the echo with.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah first pick then of this WEEK'S aka comes from The Skybet. Championship it is promotion hopefuls At burnley to beat relegation Of threat And. Luton you want to pick up On Sheffield united BECAUSE i did mention it in that last. Bit they are seven to ten to Beat preston at. Home, preston who ARE Fa cup quarter. Finalists fantastic. ACHIEVEMENT i feel like that run and a lot of their season has been dependent on home. Games well, asked do we Think sheffield units are overpriced for a home win at the weekend seven to?
Speaker 2: TEN i think so. YEAH i think earlier on in the season they're probably a little bit fortunate to be so high in the. Table but the last six seven eight games they've actually started playing like a team that you expect finish in the top. Four got a good change in terms of, process and just at home they've been very very. Strong twelve, wins two, draws three. Defeats defeats came To burnley leads and then just a really random one Against hull where they just you, know the whole were bit clinical with the with the chances on that. Occasion and the drawers were Against west from and other team in the top six AND qpr and the very first home game of the. Season So i've been pretty much flawless at home and against bottom to half. Teams at home they've won, eight drawn, one lost, one so they've been very very dominant wh they're playing against kind of below average. Teams and Then preston away just they've played four away games against the top. Eight they drawn ones lost, three so when they again play the better, teams they had to. LOSE i think the. DRAW i bet you can guess where the draw game to. Drawer i'm gonna go big fat nil nil nil at you are, Correct, YES i can't see that happening. Here AND i know there's a little subplot of Hecking bottom returned Into Sheffield, united but they don't travel Well. Preston they've Got Cup cup quarter finals to think. About they don't want you, know they're not playing for anything in the. LEAGUE i can't imagine they want to go there and play too much. Spoiler and the price is just. MASSIVE i mean what price would leads be it To preston one to, three, three one to four, Probably So Sheffield united in my, book should be probably one to two at the very, least and we're getting seven to. Ten doesn't make.
Speaker 1: Sense preston are in the F A cup quarter. Finals Bristol, CITY i like mentioned shortly, again they are in the top six. Race what has someone done with? Football And bristol's like if they broke at it together and go back down to what is, it, eleventh, tenth, eleventh they need to just.
Speaker 2: Then preston always just. Back they just need to full.
Speaker 1: Time we say that, though actually do we have to put a bit of a worry On preston need five points to get up to the hallowed eleventh place that they always or feel like they always battle for The Chef, preston Then i'm all for. It eight wins from ten For Sheffield, united one winning six For preston in terms of league form for both of, them and then, yeah the long term in terms of where they are in the. LEAGUE i think it's a very it's a very simple. Selection Bristol, city they've i think we mentioned them on the podcast last, week they've kind of just snuck. Up they got into the top, six didn't, They then they slipped out because of a midweek, result and then they come back in again home to haul even. Money then it's real tempt to that because all have they've improved Under Rubens, sellers but they've been nowhere near. Consistent they got some early, results then they've had like yeah they're Not they're just not. Consistent they're not a consistently good championship team and they're right down in the relegation. Battle and if we just pull it back to simple, analysis then it's a team contending for those final couple of playoff places against a team that's going to be in the relegation battle to the final, day and it's an even money bet for a home. Win THEN i Really i'm not sure whether we would be over complicating ourselves by looking much beyond. That to be, honest we're concerned that whole seemingly have a knack of picking up away.
Speaker 2: Results, Yes i'm concerned about.
Speaker 1: That There's Sheffield, united didn't They they Beat sunderland as. WELL i don't know how they do, it but they.
Speaker 2: Seemingly do do.
Speaker 1: It of they're the worst team in the league at, home where they were before they Played pleo Far gal in midweek which they won away from. Home, Yeah i'm not.
Speaker 2: Sure winds in the last six away from home that's enough to put me off back in THIS i. AGREE i Think Bristol city are other more likely, winners hence the price had been on a good home run. Themselves but JUST i think we're still trying to figure out What Ruben sellers's whole team are and as you, said their home form has been rubbish all season and they're away fums picked a bit Like Sheffield. Wednesday they're a team you don't really want to pose away from home at the minute. Anyway, YEAH i initially looked at this and thought even Money art's a big. Bet and then he looked At hulls away for him and kept four clean sheets in those last six as. Well could they could go there keep another clean? Sheet im? Margin game two.
Speaker 1: Were settled on so far were Taken bernley And sheffield's by the. Way, yeah if you're, like just as a, double that's nine to five, double which seems quite. Big nice two promotion hopeful was winning two home games following the same. Thread are we gonna just look past the fact That birmingham lost a? GAME i was gonna you know WHAT i said WHEN i said at the, start we could just some keep it, simple keep it, simple stupid as average man once, said that's. It, yeah, yeah just take just Take burnley to Beat lincoln at with Take birmingham to Beat lincoln it at home four to. SEVEN i mean they lost it away At bolton, midweek But bolton have vastly improved since they changed manager and even before they Appointed. Schumacher then they start picking up, results but then they really have Under Stephen schumacher that it's such a Funny Division League one this season in the battle to get the last couple of promotion, places because, sorry last couple of playoff, places that teams are going on these runs winning between three and five matches in a. Row they're right up, there and it's all going to be about how he paced your, effort Because bolton looked great now for the, playoffs but they could win a couple, more then they could lose five in a row and all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: They've run out of.
Speaker 1: Steam and, ultimately this time last, season everybody was raving About, lincoln saying they're going to be the team to beat in the, playoffs and they just paced it. Incorrectly it's really really. Odd But bolton are definitely a team Like. Charlton they're the two teams really on a heater at the, moment SO i definitely wouldn't be overly concerned About birmingham losing. There And birmingham actually struggled away from home against teams since the latter part of the last, year and especially against teams who were of a better. Quality it's either been a really hard fought win or they've dropped points at, home it's all less Untouchable castle the only team to have won in ninety minutes think was that also turned them over On pens into something that was an absolute slug fest For newcastle to get that win against a Change birmingham eleven, two Then. Lincoln they went To barnsley Last. Saturday they made a game of it later on by getting a couple of, goals but that's three two in the, end so it's. Three it's in four goals away At barnesley, side who have got atrocious home. Form it's very very difficult to make a case for them getting anything From birmingham that surely that game goes off At birmingham to win at one to, three it has. To so it's a very very uncomplicated.
Speaker 2: One not too much more to add to be. HONEST i, MEAN i think the most impressive thing about bernwa is they've had six straight home. WINS i mean they've won fourteen out of seventeen. Golf but the three the last three have come Against, charlton late In orient And, Wickham so they're beating three teams that are you, know Well wickham promotion contenders currently Second charlton An orient are pushing playoffs and they've beaten those quite. COMFORTABLY A lincoln aren't near that. Level lost four of their five away games against teams currently in the top ten the thirteen times in that period as, well so that their ceiling looks to be about mid table twelve and when you get play anywhere else above, that they tend to. Struggle so, again just a price just looks way. Off not too sure that it almost it almost makes us think that what we're missing for them to be this. Price probably in the same With Sheffield united And. Bernley what are they? Missing, well, yeah are they underestimating the golfing?
Speaker 1: Quality IF i get, THERE i think those three picks there and so far so then the three picks we have in this week. Sokka we've got the first game that we meant and There burnley to Beat. Luton we've Got Sheffield united to Beat preston And birmingham to Beat lincoln In League. One the treble the threefold at the moment at three point.
Speaker 2: Four to, one.
Speaker 1: Depending where we, go we could do this with one more pick then for a. Fourfold any other suggestions where we'd like To, Yeah southampton to Beat I'm, JOE, i well may get eighty five to, one. LOVELY i think there's one team THAT i hope we're all going to agree, on and That's wrexham to Beat, rodham BECAUSE i just thought the price was massive odds against For, wrexham who are still the second best home team in the. Division and that's not counting the fact that they've, well they they've lost or do winless across the last four home matches Played, Birmingham, Leyton, Orient bolton And steveninge in that. Time so three teams that we think are very. Good, oh two that are very, good one that's, okay one that's middle. In, yeah if you take those away before, that they were twelve wins and two, Draws so they've had a little. Wobble but if you split their home games into matches against the top half and bottom, half it's a nice nine game split either. Way against bottom half teams they've won eight drum. One against top half teams they've won, four drawn, three lost, two so they absolutely wiped the floor with bottom half. Teams rodham are the epitome of a bottom half, team especially away from. Home they are really really.
Speaker 2: Bad they Beat Bristol rovers last week when we got against. Them we're going to a. Year But Bristol rovers are not a very good team away from Them rodromus three, wins five, draws nine. Defeats they've got the fourteenth best underlying process away from, HOME i Think. WREXHAM i think the most, important most impressive thing About arexham is we did a few tiktoks a couple of months ago AND i kind of SAID i wouldn't be surprised See rexham drop, off but their underline process is actually improved since that period where they're actually started to perform like a top six team as opposed to mid mid. Table SO i think if they continue doing, that they are going to pick up enough results to obviously secure top six and maybe nick that top two. Finish but, YEAH i just thought odds against twenty one to twenty evens in most places looked a little bit too. Big and it's the kind of game That rexam are going to like as, well Because rotherin we're going to turn up and be. Physical it's horrible game of, footballers so they're going to be so direct And wrexam kind of like. That so, YEAH i thought this was a massive price again a team at the top end of the, league not over. Complicated what's not else to?
Speaker 1: Add to be, Honest, REX i think just piggybacking on What jake said about what we had to do with the couple of TikTok. VIDEOS i just Think wrexham did Great january. Business the thing that they were struggling with was eking out the fine margin, wins especially away from, home and we've seen it the last few.
Speaker 2: Weeks they've Got.
Speaker 1: Sam smith and Ger rodriguez up front now and then they Bring Stephen fletcher off the bench and he scores a winner for him in.
Speaker 2: Midweek what's the average height of those three drinking comers must be like six across the average or added together added together nearly twenty. Feet just can you imagine if you're like a center half and you've played Against rodriguez And smith for meansy minutes.
Speaker 1: And smith just big ones a brilliant all round player as, well that this is such a terrific signing And rotherham they've won back to back. Games that is just something we've definitely got with knowledge and late In orient that they you, know just have to very much because that's who they beat in midweek try and wrestle their season back together after suffering that bit of blow too late goals at home To charlton then Losing. RODHAM i don't Think rotherham as bad as the table, suggests BUT i do think That rexm are cutely. Overpriced it's the, price isn't it as doing they've won is? It ninety percent of their home league games Under Phil parkinson since he took? Over so it's it's a fairly uncomplicated. One the price is the is the?
Speaker 2: Clincher we could take those?
Speaker 1: Four we could would that give us a to one eight to, one WHICH i like just on the BASIS i know it's a little bit short than what we usually go. For but, then, frankly you're taking team in, second the team in, third and the, championship the team and first and the team in. Third is it in Sky Beet league one to win four to win home games this weekend at eight to? One it just doesn't feel?
Speaker 2: Correct what do you? Think So i'd be quite happy to take that eightes and then and then maybe discuss a couple that you could wander.
Speaker 1: To bump it, up because we always, say you, know we'll do the longer shot on the. Website if that's what you, WANTED i think that's a great. Shout tom the it's just your need to have a complicate it internet. Connection i'm trying to find the other ones.
Speaker 2: THAT i wanted. To so we've Mentioned Bristol city already as a Potential.
Speaker 1: Miristol rovers seven to two at home To. Uddersfield i'm going to get back on them BECAUSE i believe they will turn something. Around i'm also keen to get Against huddersfield when your owner is coming out in an interview radio leads and kind of, saying you, know there's no need to do them off when the playoff, played which is still. True but when kind of statements like that come, out you know that they're in a weird, position as it has kind of been throughout the, season you, know kind of at the end Of january and that deadline, day the general mood around supporters wasn't necessarily one of huge optimism that they could kind of carry, on and they've had to switch and change things around and try and find the kind of right formula and right kind of methods of going about Under. Doff it's just not quite been. There considering our lofty or mind particularly pre season, expectations and there's just no variety is there A Huddersfield there's very much like the exact same sort of striker across the. Board there's no kind of potential to mix things up and change it around a little. Bit there's seven to Two bristol rovers at home to beat. Them that was kind of my longer bigger price selection THAT i did want to bring up just in, case just to get Against. Huddersfield On, Huddersfield so with on the personally on the, SELECTION i don't think it's quite big enough the. Price so when we're looking at the price that we backed them out last week Against rotherham that was touching three to, ONE i, think wasn't it that for a team that have been in the top six all season THAT i don't think it's quite big. Enough personally On huddersfield that completely.
Speaker 2: AGREE i think.
Speaker 1: THAT i mean they've gone to complete, pot complete. Pot and it's it's back on the point THAT i mentioned a little. Earlier it's such a bizarre league this season Below, Birmingham wickham And rexham that seemingly there is not another team who can just you, know, win win, six draw a couple when and lose a couple and just do that all. Season it is just streaky. Runs and it's very very hard to call how that, playoff those remaining playoff positions to go into finish because of these streaky. Runs and it's talking about owners and chairman's who's gonna like hold firm and not get rid of the? Manager who is gonna? Decide you know what if we got rid of, one would we get a bump that's going to give us those three or four wins that might shoot us at the.
Speaker 2: Table it's a very very interesting.
Speaker 1: Time. Now will people get a boost if their matches get postponed and they don't have a game in the international? Breaks they have a two week break and they can get themselves back together if they've got. Injuries it's. Fascinating In league one below the top three.
Speaker 2: Have done the.
Speaker 1: Same stop what had that really poor? Run and then they won loads in a. Row so would you FANCY i, honestly honestly couldn't call. IT i absolutely could not call. It it looks like three of, four doesn't. It there's a three point drop to read. IN i, mean they could still be in. It or to play the game. More they're a point further. Back it, goes it goes down To barnsley and then there's that if you get on a. Run Well bards have done the. Same banzi had one winning, six then they won three in a, row then they lost At charline and now they've got a run of very winnable. Games but it's it's the.
Speaker 2: Same across the board.
Speaker 1: Tho because you look at The championship, one you go up a Division coventry they're fine, Form they've.
Speaker 2: You're eight in that kind Of lampard getting the.
Speaker 1: Credit LIKE i kind of Like coventry as a club, though so it's kind of like he kind of offsets. That and there was you watch them and you go and there's still something good. There there's will come Good West brom. Again kind of if you wanted to include, THEM i don't know if you like them against Qpr Under mowbray really impressed with them At. Leeds they it was kind of a nice time to play. THAT i think they were probably mentally drained from back to back huge games which they've obviously won later.
Speaker 2: On it takes a lot out of.
Speaker 1: You they managed to get a point there and could have won based on the chance your late. CHANCES i mean the first half When Adam armstrong went was played through one on one With mellia it was like slashbacks of. Horrible oh, god It's wembley. Again didn't score so it was. Fine But Bristol city we Mentioned Blackbert millsbrough Who millsborough seemed to lose every week and they're still always in the playoff. Picture everyone to a rown now and then they turn it. Around it is just across the, board The Championship League. One it's just it's almost, impossible and all as you touched upon, them and this is why it's Definitely i'm just enjoying the wider discussion about. It but in terms of teams that you're going to put in your, ACKA i think it's really really difficult to either back them or even go against, them because it could be the day that suddenly they get it back together again and they win as you would, expect or they win like you don't, expect because it's been happening all season with these teams that are like pretty, good they're a top ten. Team they might finish, fourth they might finish. Tenth so they are probably teams to. Avoid SO i really like the fourfold that we've. Got sorry for to get my, minute it goes my laptop stock.
Speaker 2: Working we've Not we've not even touched On league two. EITHER i was about to menture the team in league late In league two looks really.
Speaker 1: Difficult the only other one That i've got In league one Was bolton are odds against to win At, burton And burton are another team That i've it's Been they've turned around brilliantly Under gary bow yet and it's just the fact that it's that it's odds against And bolton have REALLY i think they've always had a good squad and it just came to an end Under Ian.
Speaker 2: Ebbatt did you see the goal At? Burton Conceded it's comically, good.
Speaker 1: So that that would be one that that would be. Considering it's no mean feat to win free one at home to burning, Him it's really. Not And bland results have been really good for six weeks or so, now So i'd be considering that as a as an additional. One but again for the points, Mentioned baltlon might lose five in a, row then win five in a row and finish, Fifth so it's such a curious point in the season team is making late charges for The league two. Playoffs colchester seven to five to Beat cheltenham six, wins four draws from the last ten under The cowleys.
Speaker 2: Looking they are.
Speaker 1: Six points adrift with a game in Handover crew as, well who currently occupy that last. Spot chester would be a team that may kind of that late surge of that very kind of distinctyle of play et, cetera but in great form and The cowleys who are obviously best known for The lincoln spell and it's been mixed in other places that they've gone, to but absolutely wouldn't look against them not making a charge towards the playoffs and that can start again or, continue SORRY i should say away at Chelt theam this.
Speaker 2: Week they've been very, consistent haven't, they which is.
Speaker 1: The very tough to Be, YEAH i know they've been, drawing but the very tricky side to get the better of when you look at the fact that they have lost seven games all. Season Only Port vale have lost fewer games across the course of the, campaign and that's largely again they draw a lot of, games but one point is better than notice of it as colches to have been the. Case it's just as it was the case when actually The cowlies came in at the back end of last. Year it was so many, draws it's just turning those draws into. Wins BUT i think that's much easier to do then trying to get a team who have lost six games in a row to then start winning. Again so there are POTENTIAL i did want to obviously flag them for the weekend as well before we wrap.
Speaker 2: Up there's there's No league two teams really other than Like bradford that ARE i, Mean prombley haveing a good run at the, minute but there's everyone else in that top. Seven it's just they're just shown so much. Vulnerability Like Knotts county looked as though they would have been nailed on top three and they've had a real wobble one winning five win more in the same not one in. Four veil just draw too many games to to consider finishing in the top seven as a bit of a. Lock and then you Got bromley who are absolutely flying and all of a sudden four wins in. FIVE i, mean can imagine if probably got into the, playoffs what story that'd. Be, yeah there was nothing in league to me And jimmy were chatting beforehand and the one that would like an outside that we thought might be interested Was morecam to beat m because are absolutely Single lager, though and the mk'd on so that's the one they just. Like, yeah experiment went, well didn't. It? Yeah the BUT i was the.
Speaker 1: SAME i hate The league two slate this week and absolutely hate. It it's it's it fascinating in terms of how the the results might, go BUT i hate it for an it's just as bad as it's been all.
Speaker 2: SEASON i think you're round up right off and get out of. Here. YEAH i think we Mentioned West brom briefly In West. Brom yeah at homes keep four to. Five that was one that made my.
Speaker 1: List would be they Get Josh mager. Back That Striker department's gonna be. Hilarious there'll be a major boost for, them a magic. Boost and see the commentary clip Mat, yeah there we, go, right let's get out of. It we're happy with the four that we had ye for, then teams that make up this week's aker are as. Followed coming from The Skybit championship Got sheffield unlighted to Beat Preston burnley to Beat luton dropping down Into League, one Is wrexham to Beat, rotherham and Is birmingham to Beat lincoln and price just ever so slightly shy of eight to. One remember to keep it fun never bet morey could forward and please gamble. Responsibly head over to smaller life dot Com ford Slash Football midday On. Friday you'll be able to find the link to back that at an enhanced. Price we'll have a longer one of a few of the teams who mentioned at the, end as well teams that we could see getting results as well for a bit of a bigger.
Speaker 2: Price we don't want to forget them doing they pin them very.
Speaker 1: Early, yeah they'll be featured and that worn't they the longer accumulator that we'll. Have and if you haven't, already please following rates On Apple, Podcasts spotify or your chosen podcast. Provider we'll be Back joe chelten them next. Week if you're into horse, racing well we've got time to do one next. Week we're too busy betting on the, Racing.
Speaker 2: Well we're squeeze in one next. Week