Speaker 1: This night side with Dan Ray on WBZ Causton's video.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks very much, Dan Watkins. As we move into the talk portion of our program during the eight o'clock hour, it's primarily informational again. Tonight we talked about a variety of issues, the upcoming two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of everything that led up to the American Revolution with Chris van Buskirk of the Boston Herald, talk with author John Allen about coping with grief, talk with Amy Laramie about the twenty twenty four Big Killington Cup competition at the Stiefel Killington Cup. And we also talked about with Dana Gerber the Boston Globe about who's leaving Massachusetts. There is an outflow of people leaving in particularly young people, which we need to be concerned about. But those are all informational, meaning you could not participate in the conversation. Now as we move to other topics and other issues, you have a chance to join the conversation, whatever your point of view. So there was a horrific tragedy last Thursday. I talked about it Monday night. I think that many of you now know about it. A young man who, by all accounts an outstanding young man. Enrique Delgado Garcia. He was in the training program to become a member of the Massachusetts State Police. Now the training program for this class, and I think it's the ninetieth class. Every class they give a sequential number two. I think my brother was in the they call the fighting fifty fourth or something, many many years ago. The ninetieth class began in April, and as one might expect, they you get put through the ringer. Okay, I mean it's I hate to put it like that, but you want to become a state police officer. They want the best. They want people who are disciplined, who can control themselves, who can handle any situation they might have to deal with out in the roads late at night. So it's not a job that the faint of heart are going to apply for. To be honest with you, let's be honest. Okay, you want people, many of whom are they can handle themselves. Okay, they need to be able to handle themselves. If they stop someone on the mass Turnpike at two o'clock in the morning and the person is not cooperative, that trooper is not going to say, okay, you don't want to show me a license. I'm sorry to have bothered you one. As you go on your way, and if you want to speed, I'll just kind of look up. No, no, no, that's not what state police or any police officer is supposed to be prepared to do. And of course, of course, as I'm sure you would expect, they have to do some training. They've got to do some physical training, they have to do some mental training, they have to they have to be toughened up.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And they have to you know, not just be tough, but they also have to be judged. They have to have good judgment. They have to know when it is time to to impose themselves on someone and say I told you to get out of the car, it's not time to get out of the car, or I'm going to call my my colleagues. So essentially, essentially all we're what we're talking about here is how someone becomes a police officer and for and there's a lot of state police who listen to my program. Look, it's it's not an easy course. They just like in the military, Uh, they they want to break you of your individuality. It's one of the reasons why when you go in the military, the first thing they do is cut your hair, those beautiful locks that so and anyone's been in the military understands it, okay, And they also they're not going to say to you, oh no, you know, you don't really need to worry about taking your your weapon apart. Now, that's that's for other people to worry about. Now, of course, you need to do that, and you have to do it in a certain period of time, and you've got to be able to make your bed and all all the things that you folks know about it. Well, the State Police is as tough as and probably tougher, because they they want the best and not only the toughest, but the fairest. Now, they've had their problems, okay in recent years, all right, So that's we're not going to deny that there's been a number of State Police officers who have gotten into all sorts of trouble. However, However, this young man, Enrique Delgado Garcia, from everything that I have watched, including a District Attorney Joe Early's news conference, I believe it was on Saturday, after this young man had passed, he sounded like the perfect request for the State police. He had worked in the District Attorney's office in Worcester County under the leadership of Joe Early. He had been a victim's advocate, so he understood why police work is important for every community in Massachusetts, not only the wealthy neighborhoods, but the poorer neighborhoods as well, where there's probably more criminality and you know, street crime, if you will, than in some of the communities in Massachusetts which are are are perhaps you know, blessed a little bit more blessed economically. Well, something happened, something happened last Thursday afternoon. What we we haven't been told anything officially. We've been told that there was some sort of program, an exercise program, in which this twenty five year old young man from Worcester died because he suffered critical injuries in a boxing exercise and he was rushed to the hospital at UMass Memorial Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, and he survived, and they actually had a ceremony Friday night while he was surrounded by his family and some of his friends and some of his classmates, and the oath of office was administered to him. He was given a trooper badge, and then he passed and he was body was taken to the Medical Examiner's office out in Westfield with a State Police escort. Now, the only statement that I have seen is that it said he died Friday after he became unresponsive. He became unresponsive during a defensive tactics training exercise at the Massachusetts State Police Academy in New Braintree on Thursday afternoon. That's what State Police said. So at this time last week, this young man was in probably peak physical condition after having undergone whatever number of weeks. They've been there since April. So April, some part of April, I don't know how long, but May, June, July, August. That's sixteen weeks right there, and at least one week two weeks into September. The class was going to graduate on October ninth at the DCU Center. These young men and women are just finishing up their training. Well, something horrible happened, and so far we've received little specificity. Now, the Boston Globe and an article that to me is the best article that's been written so far by a fellow named Nick Stoiko of the Globe staff wrote that several news outlets have reported that Delgatto Garcia was covered in bruises and missing tea after the boxing exercise. He suffered a broken neck and a brain injury, and was placed on life support at the hospital. According to NBC ten Boston and CBS Boston, you do not suffer those injuries in a normal boxing competition, okay. The state police spokesperson said he could not confirm the details about Delgado Garcia's injuries. I wonder why well the medical care he received, citing privacy laws. Recruits wear boxing gloves, oversized boxing gloves, which are because they're oversized, they do not hit with the impact that a regular boxing glove would hit with headgear, which of course is protective and protective athletic cup during the so called exercise. So the bottom line is the governor has said she's committed, that she mourns his laws, saying that he had committed himself to a career of protecting the people of Massachusetts. The governor said she was heartbroken by his death. So who was there to protect en Rique? And how could have he suffered injuries of that consequence? Those are the questions I want answered. I have a lot of friends on the State Police have had relatives of the State Police. It's a great institution. It protects all of us here in Massachusetts. But who was there to protect Enrique is my question. On Monday, I said, And by the way, the District Attorney, Joe Early out in Worcester, said that, in his opinion, his office was conflicted because this young man worked in his office as a victim's advocate. And Early went on to say, normally, in a situation like this, it's passed on to another DA's office. He doesn't think that it should be us onto a DA's office. I proposed Ed Davis. I actually spoke with Ed Davis today and Ed Davis would be a perfect person to investigate this. I'll tell you who else I would suggest could be someone who would investigate this. I mentioned Willie Gross, the former police commissioner in Boston. I mentioned Dan Lynsky, who was a superintendent, Billy Evans former commissioner, his brother Paul Evans, former police commissioner in Boston. Certainly, Kathy O'Toole, who was a police superintendent here in the Boston area. She also was the she was in charge of the NBTA Police. If I'm recalling correctly. She was in charge of the police force, which is at national police force in Ireland called the GARDA. I want to add one more name, and my name is John. The name that I would like to add is John Blodgett. He's a former district attorney out of Essex County. Of twenty years, you've been the national president of the District Attorney's Association. No one has ever questioned his integrity. So there are people who can look into this, and I would certainly put John Blodgett's name into that group as well. So I'm asking who would you suggest would conduct this investigation. That's number one. Number two, why has the State Police not provided us with more information? There are a group of people who have to know what happened. They have to know what happened. There's no question that there are officials within the State Police as well as people who probably observed what happened. Now, a lot of those people probably have been told do not talk to the media, okay, because that's the way it works so often here in Massachusetts. But there are people out there who know. And the longer that the Commonwealth goes without providing information, without providing the information, the more theories that will be circulated. This is Massachusetts. This is not Mississippi in the nineteen fifties. Okay, this is Massachusetts twenty twenty four. We should have already a report from the state Police. Doesn't have to be thorough, doesn't have to be complete, and autopsy has at this point been performed. They have to know the specific cause of death. In my opinion, and I know there was one gentleman who questioned me the other night and said that I was jumping at conclusions. No, I want answers. I'm a taxpayer. I pay a lot of taxes to Massachusetts, as many of you do as well. Many of you probably pay more than I do. But we are invested in the State Police of Massachusetts. We're invested in their reputation. I want leadership, I want transparency, and I want accountability. Now. They can give us an update tomorrow if they want. My question is why aren't they six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. I will stay on this, okay, because we cannot forget the name of Enrique Delgado Garcia. It's as simple as that he died under circumstances where he never should have lost his life. I mean, if if he tripped and fell and hit his head and suffered, you know, a serious brain injury, we would know about it at this point. They would have told us. I want to know, why are they not talking to us? Why are they allowing us to be in situation where all sorts of rumors might start. Let's let's get the truth out as they know it. If they're not sure, that's fine, but they need to tell us. Was it a boxing exercise? How long was he in the ring? Was he in with someone who was over overpowered him physically? Why was the fight not stopped? All of this, all of this has to be answered, and I believe it has to be answered quickly. So I hope you'll join me as a listener to this program and convince the authorities of Massachusetts that it is in the interest of everyone in Massachusetts, but particularly the family of Enrique Delgado Garcia, for us to know as much as possible. They don't have to get into lurid details. They don't have to get into lurid details, but look, we need information. Join the conversation. My name's Dan Ray.
Speaker 1: This is Nightside Now bent to Dan ray Line from the Window World Light Side Studios on WBZ to news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go right to the calls. We want to see what people think on this issue. I think we need more information than less agree or disagree, and sooner rather than later. Tricia in Winthrop, Tricia, welcome, you are next first, it's our nightside go on head, Trisha.
Speaker 4: Hi, Dan, I totally agree. It almost reminds me of the movie A Few Good Men with Jack Nicholson that you can't that you can't handle the truth.
Speaker 2: Yes, I handle the truth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I truly believe it's definitely a cover up. And correct me if I'm wrong. In the news, I thought the gentleman that just has been killed reached out.
Speaker 2: To let me just say his name, because I think that's supporting Enrique Delgado Garcia go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, yeah, thank you, called out to his friends. I don't know about family, but he said it was if he could survive, that it's a big hazing situation.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not supposed to that hazing. I can tell you this. It's not a garden party. It's not Tea and crumforts.
Speaker 4: I know that. I know that, Dan, I totally agree. But and that's why I want people. I heard that he had called friends and said it was like a hazing situation. Now, I could be totally wrong, I could be mislet with the news or whatever. But but but but but honestly, you don't get a broken neck and teeth just in about like that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely broke a broken neck. And I know that there was some suggestion that he might have had a skull fracture. I mean, all of this they must know by now. The autopsy, I'm sure is completed, and I can understand they may want to take a couple of days to share it with the family. But but I think enough time has passed.
Speaker 4: Oh totally. And you know what, from all reports and everything, he was an amazing person, very dedicated to what he did, and he was so looking for it and he was They gave him the metal in his hospital bed.
Speaker 2: They gave his badge, they gave him.
Speaker 4: His badge whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, badge is important. Badge is important because that showed that he died as a member of the Massachusetts State Police. That may not mean a lot to some people, but I'm sure it meant a lot to him. You know, they say that you're hearing is the last of your senses to.
Speaker 5: Go so absolutely.
Speaker 4: My mother used to say, you're going to say something good or bad, don't But I don't mean to make light of it. But I believe it's a definite cover up.
Speaker 2: Well, the longer more people are going to have that opinion, and I think that it's in the state and it's in the interest of the state police, it's in the interest of the family of god Garcia. If there's something they're not sure, that's fine, but they should be able to give us information on the things of which they are sure, simple as that.
Speaker 4: And Dan, I'm gonna hang up to let other people. I have no agenda on this. I do not know the person, but it just reminds me in a few good men. You watch that movie with Jack Nicholas.
Speaker 2: Very familiar with this matter of fact. Ye look, a very close friend of mine is a lawyer who was in the cases on which that movie was built. And friend the attorney reminds me of it.
Speaker 4: Whatever we get a chance to be And you know what, Unfortunately, just like Jack Nichol, you can't handle the truth. And unfortunately in this day and age, yep, people can't handle the truth.
Speaker 2: We can handle the truth and they can they work for us. You know, we pay the salary, and that goes from the governor right on down.
Speaker 6: So let's say, yeah, thank you for taking.
Speaker 2: You bet you, thanks Trish, thank you very much. Going to take a very quick good night. Good night, Trish. The only line that is opened right now is six one, seven thirty. My intention is to change time topics at ten o'clock. So if you want to get in, get in now. Six one seven nine three one ten thirty. I got Joe, I got Gail, I got Rachel and Suzanne there they're up next and you will be behind them if you call six one seven nine three one ten thirty. We'll move people as quickly as we can so we get to as many people as possible. And I want the authorities in Massachusetts to understand that there is a desire on the part of a lot of people to find out as soon as ProAb. You know what happens is there'll be a big story tomorrow and we'll be worrying about another story, and these stories tend to be forgotten. I won't let them forget about this story. I give you my word on that, and I'm back at it tonight after having been on it on Monday night. We'll be back on Nightside right after the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go next to Joe and Belmont. Joe, welcome back. You are on Nightside, Joe.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Dan, I want to get give you some encouragement. Great is your patriotism and positive attitude in Danzi Man. If he can't do it, no one can. Dan. I agree with you, and I back up your last call at Tricia, and I want to ask you, do you think there's a cover up.
Speaker 2: Well, it's too early to say there's a cover up. It's not too early to say that they have given us a scant information on a tragedy that looks very suspicious from the outside. I mean, this is a twenty five year old who had just gone through whatever it was, sixteen weeks of training. He probably was in the best physical condition of his life, and to have this happen to him on a Thursday afternoon under the auspice of state police training. I need answers. I want answers. I want answers as a citizen, I want answers as a human being, and I want answers as a taxpayer. I want to know what the hell happened?
Speaker 7: God bless you. Dan.
Speaker 2: That's it, Thanks Joe, I appreciate it. Sweeten to the point as always, great call. Thanks Joe, Thank you, Yi soon, good night. Let me go next. We move people a little bit here. Let me go to Rachel and Quincy. Rachel, You're next, Don Nice, I welcome.
Speaker 8: Hey Dan, how are you? And I can't tell you how much I agree with you. He went through all that training, so why put a young kid whatever? Okay, he wants to be a state trooper, maybe he doesn't want to be out on the street or whatever. But who was watching this match that he got hit that many times? It should have been stopped at the first hit. He's not a boxer. You don't have to be a gorilla to be a state trooper. Because what he did in his resume, maybe he wanted to continue that. And shame on anybody that allowed this young man to get hurt the way he was. And yes, and I agree with you.
Speaker 3: Where the answers, Yeah, I mean, look, it's different from being a civilian, a victim's advocate in the district attorney's office.
Speaker 2: It's a different proposition than being a state police trooper out on the road at two o'clock in the morning when you pull some person over who is difficult to deal with, might be drunk and might actually be potentially combative, so cruel. Clearly, these folks need to be taught a little bit how to handle themselves. And there's no but we don't expect them all to be Mike Tyson either, And that's the point.
Speaker 8: And I agree with I agree with you. But isn't that when they call in backup?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, sometimes though state police, when they're out on some of the major roads ninety five four ninety five, the mass turnpike, backup might be ten minutes or longer away. I mean, they they're out there, it's they're in what called one man or one person patrol cars. It's not as if they're they've got two troopers, which of course would be the ideal circumstances. But this guy to have suffered this extent of injuries, something was definitely wrong. Either they put him in the ring with you know, someone who who decided they were going to impress their their friends or their their classmates with their their abilities as a boxer. I don't know. Something went terribly wrong here.
Speaker 8: And okay, Dan, and that is the person that so that's the person that doesn't belong in the training class. That's the person that they should have already seen signs he should not have been what he's doing. And I get trying to protect yourself, right, Okay, teach them karate, teach him this and okay, okay, boxing doesn't matter. This is where you have, you know what, the tases whatever. This gentleman never ever should have been put through what he went through. And now maybe it's a can of worms that are opening up, you know what I mean, mister Gorilla.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, but I also blame the supervision. I mean, when you have when you're putting people in a situation where they're gonna fight one another, there has to be someone there in a supervisory capacity. So if all of a sudden someone gets hit and and you know, basically is defenseless, which can happen, you got to stop it right there. It's as simple as that, Rachel, I got pack lines, I got you on early, but I gotta let you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you much, all right again, Gus Black.
Speaker 2: I made your points. You made him, Well, right back at you. Let me go too, Suzanne in New Hampshire. Susanne, you were next one night, stick go right.
Speaker 6: Ahead, Hey, Dan Harriet, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: You're very welcome. What's your thought on this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: This is completely completely disgusting and reprehensible. They were two weeks the way from graduating, right. They don't do this stuff at the end. They don't want them up on stage with bruce faces and lips and all that. And I don't understand, like you just said. You know, I'm not gonna say it to cover up. It's too soon. But first of all, this poor family has been treated poorly. They were brought out on stage. They didn't know they were floided. They don't speak the language. And then you know, they were two weeks away. Who was there? You know what? There were retired state troopers there. This was like a thing happening. How not one person stopped it? How do you suffer those injuries?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, let me just say this was in I don't know that they were retired state troopers. There were instructors who would be you know, experienced.
Speaker 6: States I'll forget that part I write. But he was on life support as soon as he got to the hospital. And this has been stated by the family. I know for a fact he was on life port as soon as he got to the hospital. How does that happen? Like, I don't care if the cover apart. We need justice for this man and for his family. It's so sickening that poor mother.
Speaker 2: And in order to get justice. In order to get justice, we got to get information. And I don't want exactly, I want people not to forget Enrique Delgado Garcia. Okay, he suffered a loss of his life while in training to become a state police officer. This is not a situation where let's say, I don't know, you you read stories about how that at a at a military base, Uh, there was a an accident and someone fell off a truck or whatever. Okay, this this was a controlled setting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this was at the hands of the old people that are supposed to be out and then gonna protect citizens and they're supposed to be camaraderie and protecting each other. I don't know, someone was on a mission. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope, I hope that is not the case. If it is the case that that person, yeah, well and The only way we're gonna be able to judge it is if we get information as quickly as possible. We don't need to wait six to get the final report. They should give us what they know. They should give us what they know tomorrow. Susan, I got pack lines. I gotta keep rolling. Thank you, I love I love your passion for justice. Thank you. Good night. Let me go to Gail and situate. Gail, you were next on night, Siger ahead, I'm gonna get you in here before the break. Gail.
Speaker 9: Hey, Dan, I got some questions. So now, is it possible to file a foyer a Freedom of Information Act with a state police to get that documentation on what happened?
Speaker 2: They could that could be filed by you know, normally that's filed by newspapers or television stations who have lawyers, you know, they have a legal staff who goes through the process of filing a foyer. And then of course they're just because they file a foyer, the state could say, well, there's sensitive information here, we have an ongoing investigation and we do not want to compromise the investigation. And then it's the the Massachusetts you know, Freedom of informat Nation Act, which which they weigh. They weighed the balance and interest. I just think it's more important I can put more pressure on the state police by doing this and having people talk and call and let them understand that there's a bunch of people out there who you've all heard, you've just heard from, who want to know what happened the family.
Speaker 9: But there's documentation made, and of course it's probably going to be redacted a bit. If you're if you yourself, I mean you're you're a lawyer and you're also in the media, you could have you could file a for you and whatever you get would probably be redacted, but you might get some answers. But there I'm curius in about the timeline. So Enrique is is having a boxing.
Speaker 2: Match Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 9: Who's he fighting.
Speaker 2: Against another another trainee.
Speaker 9: Another trainee, Okay, and we don't know if that training had previously experience of boxing.
Speaker 2: Well, that'll be part of the investigation, okay. And again even if look, if I jumped into the ring with Mike Tyson, Okay, which is never gonna happen, by the way, But but if I did, I would assume that Mike Tyson, as a professional would uh he's going to hold back on his punches a little bit. Come on. I mean it's like if I said, well, I want to go to Fenway Park and for you know, Roger Clemens every year for the Jimmy Fund throws batting practice to people. Uh, and you can say that you're bad against Roger Clemens. Now if I do that and I make a contribution to the Jimmy Fund in order to do that or whatever it is, Children's hospital and and Clemens throws one at my head, I mean, come on, that's you know, you have to and that's why they have supervision there. And if all of a sudden it was a parent that this kid didn't have any You give someone training in self defense before you put them in the ring.
Speaker 9: I mean, okay, let's look at his injuries. Broken back, which is serious and he could die from that alone. Oh my god. He had head injury.
Speaker 2: He lost teeth, lost teeth, not a tooth, but teeth. Now you're supposed to have a mouth guard, you should have a head should have headgear on.
Speaker 9: I mean, hight, So he's boxing in the match, all right, he boxing? So does he go to the hospital right after that or does home?
Speaker 2: They took him. No, no, no, no no. The story that we have is he was immediately rushed to the Worcester UMass Memorial Medical Center. He was put on life support. He lived for about a day. They had a ceremony the next day at his bedside. He was on life support, and he was basically given his badge, and so his family realized that he died as a member of the Massachusetts Police, which I'm sure was an honor. But at the same time, can you imagine the family is just looking at him. Uh. And then he was taken to have an autopsy'd done on Saturday out in Westfield at the Medical Examiner's Office for Western Massachusetts. And they have yet to appoint an independent investigator. I said the other night, someone like Ed Davis. I want to add, what about John Bodgett, the district attorney, former District attorney of Essex County, a man who has great credentials, or or Ed Davis. There are a number of people who should be put in charge of that and that investigation. All records would be you know, no, no records are destroyed, it's evidence.
Speaker 9: Davis would be great. But like what I'm trying to understand, is that he when he went directly from the boxing ring to the hospital. Yes, and no one's ever taken him out, and he's been watched constantly twenty four to seven by nurses and doctors.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 9: Then then that tells me that no one else got to him. So maybe the injuries from the boxing really did to him.
Speaker 2: And oh, there's no question about that. Was There's no question about that now. I mean, I guess if they found out that he didn't have a broken neck, if the autopsy said, oh, no, he didn't have a broken neck and a matter of fact, all of his teeth were fine. Uh, and they say he had a massive cardiac arrest. I mean, all of these young men and women go through extensive physicals in order to enter the academy, and you know this, it defies logic that it is anything other than these serious injuries that took his life. Right.
Speaker 9: You know, you're not gonna probably have more information until you get that autopsy report.
Speaker 2: But I think I think it should the public should be told. The public should be told at this point, what were the injuries he suffered, what has what was he what did he die from? Okay? And then the follow up question is how many people were physically there when this match occurred. Was it a boxing match? Did he have all of his protective equipment on? Could it be a situation where somehow he didn't tie a chin scrap chin strap and a blow knock the protective headgear off and the other fighter continued to hit him. I mean, I don't know the facts, but I gotta tell you, it's a week tomorrow that this kid lost his life. We need to get them because the longer we go, that's when funny things happen. To two documents and pieces of information. If you get my drift.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just want to ascertain whether or not somebody got to him before he got to the uh to the hospital.
Speaker 3: But that's not the case, not at all, no question.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he went, he went directly from the fighting, the fighting ring, the boxing ring to the hospital. Yes, and it's being launched and yes, so it's it's it's a mystery. It's right up there with John John. What's your saying, Karen Reid's boyfriend. We don't know how he died. Well yeah, yeah, Well, like I said, you're not going to no more. Please see the autopsy report.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks Gail, I appreciate it. Let's if the autopsy report is finalized, they don't have to give us the entire report, give us the results right now. Thanks Gail, I appreciate it. All right. We've got two more coming up. I got Dawn and Carlton, got Bill in New York. I got to them. Maybe room for you. The only lines is open six one, seven thirty. We are going to change topics at ten o'clock, and I want to talk about the decision of the Teamsters, the International Brotherhood of the Teamsters, to choose not to endorse a presidential candidate. There are some serious implications in there. We will talk about that after the ten o'clock news.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we're running out of time here, and I gonna change. I will change topics at ten. So let me get Bill in New York in real quickly, and then Dawn and Charlton and maybe Lawrence and west Roxbury. Bill in New York, you'll comment, go run hit sir.
Speaker 10: Hey, Dan, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. What's up?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 11: I want to talk about UH Trooper dougatdo Garcia.
Speaker 3: Yep, you talked.
Speaker 11: About hazing earlier and what he said to his friends about the hazing whole thing.
Speaker 2: I never talked about that. That was in the newscast. I don't know that to be true. If that's true, that has to be part of it as well everything that we've read so far as it deals with the boxing activity or the so called defensive exercise activity.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 11: Yeah, No, I agree with one thousand percent. Maybe if there was hazing going on, maybe he shouldn't have been put in that ring. Maybe maybe the hazing was a battle between two guys that were having to be for whatever. Being a veteran myself back in the day, I was in ninety two to ninety six, and it was a completely different military back then than it is now when people go through basic training.
Speaker 2: And no, I went through basic training about twenty years before that, so I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 10: So you can see over the progression of the years, it's gotten a lot looser and people, you know, he knew what he was signing up for.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, but this, but no one should sign up for this bill. Do me a favorite. I want to get one more local caller in before I but I got to let you go, but you made your point. Thank you for your service. Please call again, call earlier to give you much more time.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you's there.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Let me go to Dawn and Charlton, Massachusetts. Dawn, you were next on night side. You get the final word tonight on this one. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Hi, thanks for taking my call. My heart goes out to trooper delgattoism. I can't imagine firsthand what he's going through. Like you mentioned earlier in your conversation, I to support the troopers and all their hard work that they, you know, sacrifice each and every day. I think that's first and foremal topic of concerns that we need to appreciate all the law enforcement. However, a lot of speculation, I must say from a lot of these listeners. No one was there, So again, there were a lot.
Speaker 2: Of There were a lot of people that know, there were a lot of people there, don't I mean I wasn't there, but my Carlins weren't there. There are newspaper.
Speaker 3: Reports which have not been denied.
Speaker 2: By the state police, that he suffered from broken neck and had lost teeth in this so called defensive exercise.
Speaker 5: Correct I mean, like you mentioned, it's one of those things that none of us are there, none of us referring to all the listeners that you know, we can all again speculate, but no one is there until as I'm sure they're wearing protective headgearner I would imagine they said that.
Speaker 2: I accept that they said that, so, which makes it all more difficult to understand how we could have suffered such traumatic injuries. That's and all I'm just saying is give us the information you have, don't. I'm not going to wait around for some six month report. I want to thorough investigation, and that's why I suggested ed Davis or John Blatchett. But I also want an interim report, and I want like yesterday, simple as that. Don I am flat out of time. Have you called before since your first call?
Speaker 5: First call?
Speaker 2: Well, we'll give you a quick round of applause and come on back shirt and I'll give you a much more time. Thank you, don I appreciate it. Where's we're gonna do? All right, good night, I'm gonna stick with this. I've changed my mind. Lawrence and west Roxby, you stay there if you if you want to exercise your point of view on this go ahead. We will get to the teamster's UH non endorsement a little bit later on, but we'll continue with this right after the ten