Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's Tanya and I've got my new co host with me. Introduce yourself.
Speaker 2: Hey, there, guys, my name is Shannon, and it's really great to meet you.
Speaker 1: And Shannon and I have been friends for let's see, how long has it been?
Speaker 2: Almost thirty years? For sure? Gosh, twenty How old are we? Twenty three? Yeah? I'm twenty three four, that's how long it's been so yeah thirty ye yeah, Oh my goodness, it's.
Speaker 1: Been almost thirty years. And I came to know Shannon by through my husband. Shannon and my husband went to high school together. They graduated together, so Shannon was his friend before she was mine, and I stole her from him. And he used to always tell me stories like when we were dating. Oh, my friend Shan and my friend Shannon my friends, And I was like, who is this fucking Shannon bitch? Right, Like, oh, he's talking about her all the fucking time.
Speaker 2: So god, you know, and we ran up to you.
Speaker 1: I think we ran into you one night you were waitressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that Lone Star steakhouse?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I would have to stop and dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh god, you get to stop.
Speaker 2: And dance those blind dances bootschool, right.
Speaker 1: I remember him saying like, oh my god, it's Shannon, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Here we go, here we go.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I remember meeting you and thinking, oh my gosh, what a sweet Georgia Peach. This girl is so innocent and just so angelic and cheer up. But just so I'm so glad like he had found you. You know, it's just so good to see Pete. And then you're so nice and it's just like perfect because I mean I was a bit high energy for Pete in high school. You know, he's more demur and I'm all like, what, Pete, you don't got a dollar? I'm hungry on the fat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me a dollar.
Speaker 2: You don't have money. You got a good job. We're sixteen. I think he was bussing tables. I know he was, Oh yeah, I'm glad. Yes, we have a good, solid friendship. Great meeting, laughing, Oh my gosh, we go karaoking.
Speaker 1: Oh that was fun.
Speaker 2: We'd make him names. I loved when you made kitten heels. Yes, my name was Heels. We heard for simple food orders at lunch, bambat kitten heels. Here we are.
Speaker 1: I remember we went to the Troy Deli because Shannon also we also worked together at one point in our careers. Yeah, when we worked at in Corporate America. We went to the tree Dolly and you had to put your name in for your order, and then the guy, the guy's like, what's your name? I said, Kitten and he looks at me.
Speaker 2: Kitten.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know, I know my you know my parents are assholes.
Speaker 1: What can I say?
Speaker 2: Crazy parents? Yeah, that was fine. I filed right up with bamby Bamb Bamb so good times when I am so excited to be a part of this. I have loved, you know, true crime since my first probably dateline episode. You know, just you think it's so like h not common, but as years go by, you realize, wow, there's a lot of stories people doing awful things to each other. Why And I love digging in a story.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always think like, are we going to run out of store? Worries? But unfortunately no, I'm.
Speaker 2: Unfortune Yeah, big fan zero. But we had a lot of information.
Speaker 1: Yes, and.
Speaker 2: I like dagon So tell us about yourself, Shannon, Well, let me tell you Tanya Cannon is not a lawyer and I am not an attorney. I am I am a US Army veteran. I am a licensed cosmetologist, did some hair and nails there for a couple of years and ohways, has been a Tarot card reader. Hell yeah, right, that's right. And they do talk to me as well as an amateur spirit medium. Very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, opposite of telea, Yes.
Speaker 2: Little bit. I'm way over here, guys, Hi, I haven't even see me, but you can.
Speaker 3: And that's why I love you. So you know, we make such a good yeah, our spectrum. You know you're on this say I'm over here, but we're like, what's up girl?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. He's fine. We're gonna meet, So we're like, we'll figure ship out, that's for sure. I think any woman who's been cheated on that boy, I have a ton of experience there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She she had a track record.
Speaker 2: I'm here to learn, for sure. I'm learn and I'm learner, but I'm getting there.
Speaker 1: Yes, So so we I am so excited that you said that you wanted to do the pod with me because when Talia decided to focus on her personal life. So Tualia is really going through it right now. She's been going through it probably the last year and a half or so, and some of you may have known, you know, she she really tried to put her heart into the pod like she always did. I mean, the pod is her baby, like she was. She was the one that really like launched it, Like I was always just like, okay, call me when you need to record, and you know, but she she did everything, and it really was a hard decision for her to step back and decide to just focus on life. And she's just really going through it right now. I have talked to her many times. She knows Shannon's coming on the pod. She told me that, you know, she wants to pop in here and there. So I'm sure, yeah, I'm sure this isn't the last you've heard of Talia these last few episodes that we will be releasing. But she just really needs to focus on her personal life and you know, so get that strength, Yeah, get her strength back and become the Talia we all know and love that we all are. So she just she'll be back here and there. And I appreciate her for all the things we've been through and doing the pod, and I know everyone that listens loves loves us. But Shannon is going to bring a new dynamic and new energy, Like, she's so excited to get on the Facebook page and get to know you guys and learn everything she can about the pods. So I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to keep popping in on the Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And she brings a whole different perspective. So I'll still give the legal opinions and illegal explanations. But Shannon's also been a dispatcher, So you know, because we've talked about we've had many stories that have involved dispatching. The dispatchers. Some of them have been super helpful and some of them have not. Some of them have whole case up, and some of them are really, you know, trying to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. So so Shannon's familiar with the aspect of the police. And it was a career. It was a lifetime ago that you did it, but I know you remember it.
Speaker 2: I remember for sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: Remember getting to know all your dispatching friends and some of the officers, and so yeah, I'm excited life experience. Yeah, it makes you the person you are, so sure. Anyway, well, we are going to record our first Patreon Real episode coming up, so everyone needs to listen to that soon when it comes out, And I would like to thank Shannon again for joining us, and.
Speaker 2: Tanya, I want to thank you and Celia for asking and letting me be on the podcast. I can't wait. It'll be great for sure. So until I like to bring fun.
Speaker 1: So we always would sign off saying I would say until our next episode, and Telia would say, don't kill each other who. That was our tagline. So I don't know if we should continue it or not, but I think we should. It's a t n T Times of Consequences things, So until our next episode, Shannon, don't kill each other. We'll see you bye
Speaker 2: See you guys,