Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, it's the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. We've got Luca returning to the Metroplex. That's coming your way right here on the Eagle tonight. The pregame starts at six. Tip off is going to be right around six point forty. You don't want to miss that.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: The entire Metroplex is ready for that. But right now, Kat has something to talk to you about with regard to cock fighting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Parker County. He has no Parker County out there. Weatherford area officials arrested nine people sees nearly one hundred live roosters after breaking up an illegal cockfighting operation. Now the Sheriff of Parker County, Sheriff russ espirshly for us. He says his department got a crime stoppers tip, So that's good that crime stoppers are still happening.
Speaker 2: That's good. Take a bite out of crime please arrive.
Speaker 3: Forty people scatter into the woods, least go investigate. They go into the barn, they see the cockfighting ring, several dead and wounded roosters, and the owner of the property's a guy named Jesus. He told investigation that he owned six of the birds, and he was hosting the event for work friends, which like us, we're hosting a big open house up here for work friends at iHeart today.
Speaker 2: I think there's going to be some cockfighting, cockfighting out in the hallway.
Speaker 3: Investigators believe he was charging forty dollars per person spectator feet. They ended up seizing ninety six live roosters, fifty razor sharp slashers, which they attached to the talon.
Speaker 2: Oh that's how I go kill them? Then they you know, fight to the death.
Speaker 3: They also found fifteen thousand dollars believed to be proceeds from the gambling operation.
Speaker 2: Can I yes?
Speaker 1: Then I struggle with understanding this one why it's illegal and and here's why. Okay, if it's a peda thing, I'm like, okay, these animals are it's not fair of these animals. I get that, But what about when we eat chicken tenders? Well, like, like, are we are we that emotional about that? Is someone calling crime stoppers over that too? I'm just trying to understand. No, I think it's fair. I think there's two reasons it's illegal. One is because probably three honestly, One is that it's cultural and it's not a part of mainstream culture. Number two, it generates money that is not tax just like gambling or drugs or anything.
Speaker 2: Like that with our bags.
Speaker 3: And then number three happens to gambling not being money not being taxed.
Speaker 4: What happens all the time. I'm sorry when this happens all the time. Yeah, it's illegal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it happens all the time. No, I agree, And they try to stop it because it's illegal.
Speaker 3: It's an unstoppable force. Okay, you want to go have side bets with your friends, that's untaxed money.
Speaker 4: Agreed, But it's illegal. Yeah okay uh. And then number three I forgot number three animal cruelty. Oh, number three, animal animal cruelty. Yeah, it is because the idea is that it again, you are going to kill them to eat them, but you don't tape blades to their talents and make them kill each other.
Speaker 1: Right, But while they're standing in line waiting to go get slaughtered so you can eat them there Still it's not.
Speaker 2: A great situation for them. I would say, Yeah, slattering cows is animal cruelty. What's that? Then slaughtering cows animal cruelty? It's all it's all to me, it's all that's all animal cruel.
Speaker 1: I get it, this is more cruel, but let's not act like all of it isn't cruel.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I don't disagree with that at all. But I think there is something too, like, Hey, but and there's actually some people that are vegetarians that believe this is that when you are eating the meat that you eat, you're inhaling the stress of another creature, right, yeah, And so if you're the very final moments of that creature, is they have a blade tape to them and they got to fight for their life.
Speaker 1: Or they're in line to be slaughtered while their friends around them are all slaughtered in that line, you're next, you know, or the bull fighting you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it does beg the question, how much chicken do you think you've had in your life that was a direct result of cock fighting. That's surely a small percentage, surely, surely.
Speaker 1: But if you're if you're at someone's house and they're like a world renowned chef and they're like, hey, look we made some chicken betas, these are actually fighting roosters, you're gonna say, oh my god, I cannot eat these these animals died in a cruel.
Speaker 2: Way in battle. Oh, I can't eat these, No, it's gonna say that. No, I just I don't even think about that part of the meat, the rescue chicken. Do you guys want to know the names.
Speaker 3: Of the roosters, Yes, Poppy Chulo, Poppy, Judo, Hannah fer Aniston, Egg, Shecheron, Rue, Paul, Stevie, Chicks, Luke, Skybalker, Amelia Egghart, Mary Poopin's Tyrannosaurus Pex Christina figured you'd like that one. Kluck, Griswold, Stephen Squawking, Russell Crowe, Featherlocklear, that's good, Cluck, Norris yelko Ono, Punky Rooster.
Speaker 2: What was the rue Paul want, I don't get it, Rooster.
Speaker 3: Ar Clucker, Bradley Cooper, Chick, Van Dyke, Johnny Coxville, Hendrick Lamar, Steven Spielbird Waylon Hennings, Whoopi Goldbird, Kelly Cluxon, Oprah Wingfrey, Margaret Hatcher, Courtney Cox and lastly found dead at the scene, Dwayne the Cock Johnson.
Speaker 2: That's great. Is that a list that you put together last night? Those are the names the actual roosters that have suffered. They put a lot of hens in there and like eggs, like they need to get there, you know, they need to figure out what the difference between rooster and it is. So yeah, so is there hen fighting or is it just cock fighting? Well? Do you see the penis? All right? There you have it.
Speaker 1: There's a segment called KT Investigates the World of cock Fighting in Weatherford.
Speaker 2: That's the name of that segment. Can we bring that back next week? Next week?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we've got the Today game. We'll get to that within about five minutes. That don't go anywhere, and then we got Cowboys Kerosene, some big developments with the else Cowboys.
Speaker 2: That's all next