Speaker 1: Deborah, with her thirty years of being an ltrepreneur and creating over seven companies, knows exactly what it means to accept the mission. When you make that decision, when you accept the mission to become a solopreneur, to take yourself and your talents to market, then you embrace a life of not only unlimited possibilities, but also the unknown. It's an elixir of fear and bravery that only someone who's taken the leap really understands. On our show, deb digs deep with her guests to highlight what you the listener wants to know, the stories, the whys, and the hows to navigate the journey to success. Get ready to hear from some of the most incredible mission takers from Generation Z to boomers. So sit up, perk up, and get ready to be blown away. Now here is your host, Deborah Drummond.
Speaker 2: Come hello and welcome back to Mission accepted. Thank you so much. You know I appreciate you. You know why I should on you. You're the best podcast audience ever. And when Trisha is on our show, she agrees this one has her own audience, A follows her wherever she goes and I am so excited to have Miss trisch Springsteen back. You have seen her on the stages of the two sixty two, you've seen her in the pages of the two sixty two. You might have seen her behind me for those of you that are watching, on the very last day, many eleventh, when we took the book to the world on the Grand Final Finale, twenty second summit out of fifteen months, and she was sitting in that back corner there, because of course I've got this all angled and wanted her beside us. But that's just kind of how it worked, because she was here traveling from Australia and we are going to be talking about the power of coaching. I mean, Trish's a mentor, she's a speaker, she's a coach, and she's an author. But there's something really special when you get to work with people individually or when you get to work within the power of a group that you know, we always talk about get coached, get experts, get this, but we never really do a big deep dive. When we've been starting to do these groups, big deep dives. And I think Trisha is so incredible. She deserves the stage all to herself because this woman moves mountains and so mister Springsteen and welcome back to the mission accepted stage.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you so much for the opportunity to come back and share a little bit more about what I do and my thoughts and experiences. I'm delighted to be here.
Speaker 2: Awesome, awesome. Well, I just love your story because you know you you kind of have when people say I take people from here to here, you took yourself from here to here. So we're going to talk a little bit about coaching. Okay, people, we meet you, stages, books, everybody's like get get get a coach, get an get an expert, Get someone that's got more advice. You know, people have more advice and experience than you. And coaches have come onto the scene in a plethora of industries and there's really interesting specific you know, and then there's more generalized life coaches, why don't you share with us a little bit about I know that you are a coach, shares what it is that you coach, and that would be a great place to start.
Speaker 3: But I specifically at the baseline coach and speaking, it's helping people to have that confidence and self belief to get up and share their message. Because basically, from my perspective, I think speaking and communication underpins everything you do. You get some really good skills and techniques to enhance what you naturally have, and you are putting yourself just that much higher than others in the similar business to you. So for me, that's what I do. But then it goes from there to confidence coaching, because having the confidence to speak goes hand in hand. So when I'm helping people get up to speak, I'm also helping them to have the confidence to do whatever they else they want to do in the in their life and outside of their business.
Speaker 2: Well, that was one of the things that I was going to ask, and you know, kind of take apart a little bit, is like what happens for someone when they get coached? For you, specifically if you're talking confidence, but in general, what do you think happens for people are there in their business or their personal lives? Like that transformation that happens. I think when someone's like, Okay, I need some help in this, like can you share? I mean, yes, they might have you know, they might be a better speaker, they might be a better but can you share like the full benefits of when someone says Okay, I need help with this.
Speaker 3: I believe that when it all comes together, it's pretty well magical. And it's like that point when you know that you've been working on this, you've got some more information, and that point where it just sort of has that aha moment and it goes click, and it's like a magical point where everything comes together for you. Those things that you've been trying hard to work on suddenly appear now. For me, coaching gives you allows you to explore areas that you may not otherwise think about. You might know that I need to know something about this, but when you start with a coach, a whole lot of big, wider area opens because as you learn that thing, that technique, that strategy, then you find, oh, now I've got this, I need more. So coaching, to me is a gigantic step on your personal growth journey and allows you to explore areas you never even knew about. And you know that old thing you don't know what, you don't know until you find out you don't know it, And when you start with a coach, that's what starts to open up for you.
Speaker 2: I love that because a coach has you know, I'm going to go in and and ask you a couple of questions about why people resist coaching. But I think I think that for many people, they're you know, they're getting a coach at and they are very capable people. There's things that people do that are and do extremely well, but none of us really do everything in our life extremely well. And like you said, coaching is kind of unforeseen, right because I think a coach gets to see the whole picture. And you know, when I'm visualizing, you know right now, for those of you that are not watching and you're listening to the audio, it's kind of like like they like I'm just using my hands to see that they see they see the top of the mountain, like they see the valley, they see the paths, they see everything. Where I think when we are maybe stuck or frustrated or things aren't functioning flowing, we know we're worth more than what we're getting paid. We know that this could be easier because we're watching people have it easier. And I think at that point when frustration steps in or lack of skill, like you say, it starts to get tunnel vision, like it really is like you're trying to get and you're trying, and there's this kind of force going on and frustration, and people show up on events or wherever they are, they got the smile on their face. Right, never even like everything's great, but there's just a knowing this that there's more, but you don't know what it is. And so I think when those things happen, it gets more tunneled, and it gets even more, it gets even smaller, right, it gets even smaller. And so I love how you talk that. It underpins why do you think people you know, it's not like there's a it's not like there's a lack of coaching out there. It's not that there's a lack of advice out there. What is it about people that you think holds them back from hiring a coach.
Speaker 3: There's a few reasons for that. I think one of them is they don't actually know what they want. And when people can't really see a clear pathway and they're not quite sure what they want, they hold back. I'm like, well, yes, I think I need that, but I'm not sure about that. The other flip side of that is that many coaches, with apologies to some of the really great coaches out there, many coaches are probably not quite so clear in telling people exactly how they can help them to move forward and change. And it's a moving goalpost because everybody is unique. So from a coach's perspective, they're trying to explain to people, well, this is the changes I can do. From the client perspective, client's perspective, they're unique, they're looking for something specific. Secondly, I believe that a coach is very much part The coach client relationship is part of a light knowing and trust. And if you want to get the most out of effective coaching, you've got to be able to resonate and trust the person that you're working with. So building that relationship up does take some time and commitment, and so people may be not quite aware that they need to coach at the beginning. But as they get to know someone, as they get to start to think, well I am getting frustrated, and they start to put that out and they start to make those connections. Then one day it sort of clicks like, Okay, that's the person I need because now I know who they are, they know who I am. I have had people who have come to work with me and they said, I heard you speak twelve months ago and there was something you said, but they've taken that long to realize that. Okay, that's filtered in my mind. It's been at the back of my mind. I'm ready now, I'm ready. So it's not so much I believe a resistance to coaching. It's a not knowing exactly how to go about getting a coach or not being ready. And there's that old saying that you know, when the student is ready, the teacher is there. So it's sort of saying the same thing, when the person is ready, and it's got to that point, will coach the coach appears it's got to be like knowing, it's got to be trust because the coach from my perspective coach perspective, client is a very much a close relationship which has to have that trust. It has to have that I can talk to that person and share what I want and know that person's going to be there to support me and be confidential about it.
Speaker 2: To che And I think it's I mean, how many of us that do coaching that people contact us months years? I mean sometimes it's multiple years later, right where something just something just got embedded and then they were ready. I think there's a couple of things that I've seen because obviously I hang out with lots of coaches, so do you, because we're on these big parties together and you see different people that are niching. One is I would agree with you when people say, oh, I help people get from here to there, that's sometimes very vague for people. I think it's like, I help people get from here in this specific area. I help people in finance go from you know, six figures a year to six figures a month. There's six figures a month to six figures a year, whatever it is. And I think the more detailed someone can talk about what they do. And then the other thing is sharing with people how they do it, because there's so many different coaches that do different things in different ways, whether it's group coaching, whether it's one on one coaching, whether it's fast tracking. Like I know someone who's just a master in network marketing and they take people on thirty sixty ninety day runs and they're like, Okay, me and you together every day, you know, for thirty six year ninety days because they want to break through that financial ceiling. They want to break through that belief system and whatever it is going on for them. So everybody kind of does it different. So I would say to someone looking for coaching, dig a little, have a conversation, like most coaches will have that fifteen to twenty minute complimentary Let's see if you're we're a good fit. A good coach is going to be like we're a good fit, or we're not good fit, or we're a good fit in six months, right, and there's criteria on both sides. So how does that person work, what would your expectations be? All of that I think is good. And also I think we're in a new generation. My son, as you know, has a business. Sent his CFO helped put his business plan together, and in the business plan in the financials is mentoring and coaching. And I don't know about you, but when I started my business, it was not part of the financials. It was spend money, make money, you know, I mean, like, spend your money to build your business and make money as fast as you can. On here it is. It's a little different, you know, networking fees, all these things are are in you know, in the financial run. And so I think sometimes for people not that they don't see value in the coaching. But we don't by nature come from a place where that's an expected financial cost. Networking is an expected financial cost. And so it's not that they don't see the value, but they don't. It's a financial to them, it's an extra. To me, it's a lifeline. I mean hiring an expert. Let's talk about that. Like for me, hiring an expert, I can't even begin to tell you the time it saves. I have no desire to hit YouTube at Google and da da da da dah for hours on now trying to figure something out when I'm like, literally, I can hire someone for an hour like you can sometimes hire an expert or a coach. I got this. I remember one woman she contacted me, and I do a lot of training in the direct sales industry, which is why I was telling you about that colleague. And she said, I'm going I hit a high level and I'm going to a private high income earners event for the first time ever in my company, and the company owners are going to be there and all the head office is going to be and that she goes, I want to book you for a couple of hours, and I want you to coach me through what I should say, what I shouldn't say, how should I? And I was like, good for you, Like honestly, I just felt like giving it to her. I was like, good for you. So you can hire people like that. What about when people say to you it's something that is an expense I wasn't expecting, or the money, the money per let's talk about the money per.
Speaker 3: Oh, look, thank you for asking me that, because I just did a presentation two days ago about expertise and credibility. And one of the things that we don't value quite often, especially as coaches, is the time that we've put into it and what when when I talk to a client and I sort of say, look, what investment do you want? What commitment do you want? Because I don't want to work with anybody that hasn't. Not so much the investment I can work around that, but the commitment, because I believe if I'm going to be there, I want a commitment from them because I will spend one hundred percent time with them, But if they don't commit to actually doing some action from it, no matter how much I can coach them, they're not going to get anywhere. So that's one of the things I ask. But the investment is when someone says to me, oh, my gosh, so yeah, that's a little bit now, I say, look, you'll I have an hourly rate, and I'm quite happy to speak to someone for an hour on that. Preferably i'd like six and twelve months, because I think that's where things kick in, when you can work regularly with someone. But when someone says to me, oh, that's a bit much, I say, no, it's not. I've spent twenty thirty thirty five forty years learning, getting my own coaches, my own mentors, my life experiences doing things wrong and learning how to really change that. And that's what I bring to you. In the hour that I'm going to spend or in the long term time that I'm going to spend, I bring all that I am to you. So from that you're getting it quite reasonable. And when they're ready, the money doesn't actually come in with there's I'm ready, and they know that that's the investment that they need to put in so that they can go back to their clients and be what they need to be for them. So it's an investment and live on well, it's an investment in their business. Sometimes you get people who're not ready for that, and that's way that was like it's too much, and I say that's fun. When you're ready, you come back.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, and it's it's it's just a bit of a mind change. And the interesting thing is when people actually I say this all the time, when you say yes, when you say yes, all unforeseen things come into play. I've seen it over and over again, and I'm sure have you. Someone's like, Okay, this is a big step. I'm going to do that three six, twelve months, eating fronth program, whatever they're going to do. And then they make a commitment and then all of a sudden they land a client all of a sudden, like it starts to happen for them because there's unforeseen yeses and unforeseen and the other thing we're working with, know, whether we call ourselves Maven's Crohnes whatever, we've been doing this a few days. Right. Not only do you come with all that experience, but you come with a plethora. You have a rolodex of people that can help you know that you can refer to and help to and connect to and put people together. And you know that. I mean that is so valuable. That is so so so valuable having just being in the right circle. So look, why don't you share something? Because I think that there's nothing better than having someone hear a story of how something changed. You know. I just, you know, did a podcast of a man who's incredible of health and wellness and he told a couple of stories, which are things really made it real for people. Has there been a coaching story or an experience that you've had with someone that you could share with us today?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Oh I had to go to a lot and I'm sitting here thinking this that person, that person, that person I wanted to share. I want to ship too, Okay, to ship very quickly. One is a lady. She's written a book. She's in her seventies, the first book, and she had this book and she put her heart and soul into the book. It's a beautiful book. And we were talking one day and she was saying to me, got this book, but nothing's happening with it, and I really want to take it further. I want to do other things. And she's a feld In Christ projector practitioner, which is a form of exercise movement, and she's fantastic at it. She's also a brilliant singer and o per singer. So what she said was, I want to combine the two. I want to take my book and actually take it out to people. So we had a twelve month working with her. Oh, she's such a beautiful person, and she composed a song for me at the end because she was so pleased with what she had happened from that pure book. At the end of our twelve months, she was doing workshops. She was including her singing in the workshops. She was menmoved to doing online because it all happened around about that lockdown as well, and we could have lost a lot of stuff. But she moved online and discovered that she could reach a lot more people. The change in that person from a rather shy person because she was a bit shy. She didn't really you know her age. She thought this is a tool old for me to move but she wasn't. And I was so so out of the moon to see her not need to do that, but also to join the oppera quiet, to join the Brisbane City Choir and be singing out on stage as well as doing that. That is why I do what I do, and that was absolutely brilliant. The second person, very briefly, it was a CEO of a not for profit and she has funded this charity. It's the care of Foundation of Australia. So she has done stuff for people who care for those who can't look after themselves and the care has run themselves into the ground. There was nothing to help them. And she put together that self funded very little rent for grants. But she said to me, I'm the CEO. I am so freaking passionate about what I'm doing, but I've got to go into boardrooms. I've got to try and raise money. I've got to get sponsorship. I'm getting awards that people want, are putting me up for awards, but I need to know how to speak. I need to know how I can go and pitch my business, how to frame a signature presentation which brings the emotion of all the people that I'm working for. But I can do without myself getting so emotional that I can't get that over. I've worked with her for twelve months. She is doing so many awesome things. Now she's got a whole foundation that she's now doing charity lunch is for She's doing big events about unsung heros, all bringing in money to be able for her to do what she has been working with her life to do. That is why I do what I do. And it was so awesome to see those people go from and i'd say go from knowing that they had a little bit of a vision to at the end of time working with them to see them had that vision come to where they wanted to. That's what makes it worthwhile for me in doing what I do well.
Speaker 2: And I think, you know, we've been sharing about coaching as a whole because it's just such an important piece, right, I mean, I think from like, look at every area of your life. You spring clean your home every six months or so, right, you change things, you shift things, you move furniture around like it feels so good, and a lot of us get stagnant in our life. We do the same thing. We don't mean to do the same thing. It's just kind of how we carve it out. And we do our business the same this year as maybe next year we maybe learn or pick up a couple of skills. But it's the evolution. I think coaches are probably one of the biggest servant leader based sectors in the world. Of entrepreneurship because they not only support entrepreneurs, they're supporting entrepreneurs that are supporting you know what I mean, Like most entrepreneurs that I know have some kind of heart centered help the world. I'm going to help people do this, and so I think that really I think what I say about coaching or hiring an expert, whatever it is that you do, there's nothing more powerful, particularly for what I call self funding people self funding which means you're probably spending most of their time alone or in a leadership position, right like telling people hiring people. It is incredible when you know you have someone at your back, Like you can't explain it. That's a piece of coaching that you don't know, Like it's not in the brochure, you know what I mean. Like you're always going to feel like you have someone with you while you're making these decisions. And I don't think you can even put a price on that. And that's something again one of those unforeseen things that happen. Because the coaches that I know, like you just talked about Trish with your clients, they're in They're like, we'ren't you just went from I'm running my business to we're running your business and being able to have someone that can walk you through and then the benefits on the other side, even in someone's personal life changes. You can't have confidence on stage and not have confidence in the kitchens, you know what I mean, You can't have you know, when people I'm a bit different. I work with people from an infrastructure standpoint. So when people come and get their their business is infrastructure and they have a strategic plan, you know, with what they're going to do in this quarter in that quarter, and they never even talked about their business and quarters before they do a media business plan. There is a sense of relief. They're like, oh, I don't have to try to do this and try to do that. Like there's a sense of relief that comes and a decrease of stress that actually plays out in all areas of their life. Right. You know, people say, oh, you know you make more money and you save time. That's cool, and that's almost like a guarantee. I mean, your coach should be helping you, you know, save time and make money and all those beautiful things. But the beautiful piece of working with someone I think is exactly what you talked about, is that women now singing on stage or being able to ask corporations for funding because she's owning herself and she has a sense of her value because you poured into her. And that's what coaches do. Right. Look, I know we're kind of wrapping up and I'm hoping that we're giving people a really cool new perspective of having. It's almost like having someone like you know, people hire fractional chief marketing officers or fractional CFOs, but a coach is just so much, so much more. Is there anything you want to share about coaching or about what you're doing? Please tell people where we go and find you and all that good stuff before I ask you a very important question.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Look, people can find me anywhere fish Springstein dot com, go to Facebook and for Trish Springstein and the person who absolutely adores purple. For those who aren't watching, I'm extremely purple. Everything about me is purple. And a lot of people ask me why. And it's because you know why, Because I'm unique and I'm happy to own my uniqueness. And that's what I share with people. I tell you, excuse me, I help you to be the unicorn in your business. And that's where I come from. My coaching, we look to see how you can stand out and how you can be there for the people that you want to So you can go to my website. It's Trish Springsteen dot com. I'm on LinkedIn, I'm on Facebook. You can contact me there. You can send me a direct message. I would love to have a chat with you. You can go to can only. It's calend com slash Tryshew slash conversation. It'll be in somebody that will have all that in the show notes yees, and you can book in and let's have a conversation. I love having thirty minute conversations with people because that's where we get to know whether I can actually help you. Because I won't work with you unless I know that I can actually help you, yeah, and that I can assist you with something. I'm not going to say yes unless there's something the value that I can bring. It's going to help you get where you want to.
Speaker 2: Be, absolutely, as a good coach should, as a good coach should. Okay, well, I'm going to ask you a question, and I just want to say to people out there that I mean a lot of you have the book. You have the two sixty two Women's book. Trisha is in the book. Please take a look at that, and all her information is there as well, and it's fantastic. So I have a question for you and mix it up a little bit, because I know you've been on the show before. So let's say that someone called you up and said, Trish, I want to give you a gift. I'm pretty sure you've never been given before, and I want to give you two backstage passes to a band you've never seen yet. What concert are you going to take those backstage passes for?
Speaker 3: Oh? Now, that is a very good question because I haven't actually been very many concerts with that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I should be easy for you.
Speaker 3: That I was twenty. This is going back a long time to Jurassic period. I was about twenty, just been married to three years to twenty three years before I went to my first concert ever and that was Thrue Springsteen concert. Now, if I had two free tickets, there's two I would love to have gone to see Abba because Abba is one of my absolute favorite favorite I Fortunately they don't do many concerts slightly, but that's what I would allot to. Okay, Well that any okay in island, and you'd have to me over there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so good, so Abba or nya, whoever is available rights whatever content you hear, whatever concert you hear first. So that's awesome, And that's so funny that you say that. And I hope my son doesn't hear this before. But I just grabbed four four seats to mister Bruce Springsteen that's going to be here in Vancouver. I believe it's his last concert of a whole tour, and so my son doesn't know that's his birthday present. And then I've got two extra tickets for whatever whatever because I was so inspired. And so someone's going to be getting a call from me and saying I've got two tickets.
Speaker 3: But I love him. His music's great. It's really good, which is really funny because he's a distant elation to my husband. My husband doesn't like you, But I love his music. I love his songs because I I can actually understand what he's saying.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's a lass with me. Absolutely. Well, Look, if you want to be sitting in Atricia's. You know how this works. It's dev Drummond dot com. We'd love to have you. If you have a mission or you have something that you want to share, you've got something going on that you feel would be of value, Please contact us. We'd love to have you on the show. If you are a speaker, if you like to speak, if this is your kind of party. We just open up conversations to two sixty two, stand up, speak up, and show up summits two point zero and we are traveling around the globe where you can come and share live, which is incredible. We've got La, we've got Dallas, Texas, we've got Ireland, and we're setting up twenty twenty five as we speak, and or please come to our live online summits. This is incredible. We have two days of every time zones four times a year, so there's eight summits, and it is for women and those support women, so in my world that means everybody. So let's see you there. Church. Thank you again for gracing our stages. We love you, I love you. Thank you so much for coming to Vancouver. Down Under is on the agenda. We'll have to figure that out and until then, everybody, you'll be well and you stay groovy.