Speaker 1: One O three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks for being with us. So you guys had a great weekend. It's the JB and Sandy Show. My name is Sandy. This is JB. Hello, and trist is here too. Hi everybody, and we're off and running. By the way, you can follow us on Instagram. Excuse me? All right, where's our Instagram?
Speaker 3: Yeah? JB Sandy ats there?
Speaker 2: It gets confusing after a while, right, it gets It's just a lot of track. It's speaking of that. Uh, jb uh, you've got a new insta got me? This is when JBC is an ad on Instagram. It's got a habit that tells you everything you need.
Speaker 1: This one's, this one's bold, this one's this one's gnarly.
Speaker 2: Really well, let's let's recap some of the things you've bought in the past. I think my favorite is the red light Therapy baseball hat to grow hair, To grow hair. There was that, and then there was the butt or the the tea, the poop tea.
Speaker 3: Remember you've ordered.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, cases of the te cases.
Speaker 5: Of tea at a time.
Speaker 1: Right, Sometimes you don't you don't pay attention to the quantity. Yeah, you've ever done that. Yeah, yeah, I think I think my wife ordered like a million post it notes or something.
Speaker 3: It can happen easily, like, yeah, what'd you do this time?
Speaker 5: This one?
Speaker 1: This one, I have to just I have to put on. Okay, it's clothing. It's really embarrassing. You're not trying to look like a young hipster, are you. It's in a flat brim hat. No, no, I struggle with hats and I don't do skinny jeans.
Speaker 5: This is worse, worse.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna step aside and put it on.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, all right, check out our social later today. Okay, we'll have video of this on our Instagram at JB Sandy at x Jaby's putting it on. Also on Facebook search the JB and Sandy Morning Show. JV's making a quick change here. I'm afraid it's gonna look like a clown. And I do you have to get naked to do this big reveal? I'm ready, We're ready. Here it comes. Let's see. I'll do the play by play. Come on, Uh it is a denim jump suit like it's like, yeah, an old school dickies, dickies denim jump Why you're not old enough yet?
Speaker 3: You're not old? It cover all some people call him.
Speaker 1: I you're Benson Boone. That's funny you say. I was like, you know, Benson Boone's wears a jump suit. Harry Styles wears jumpsuits. Yeah, I thought, I don't know what I thought. I thought i'd wear it.
Speaker 3: Is it denim?
Speaker 5: It's denim?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, And.
Speaker 5: It's got faded areas. That's what set it off.
Speaker 1: That's where my wife was like, that is stupid acid wash.
Speaker 5: Why were you gonna wear it? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I thought it might be kind of like I could wear it in the winter working in the yard or something. I thought maybe it would it almost kind of looked like a moto outfit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, But.
Speaker 5: Now I don't know.
Speaker 1: After my wife laughed so hard, I don't know if I want to wear it on the motorcycle.
Speaker 4: That'd be hard to walk out of the house with it on. If she laughed that hard.
Speaker 6: It's giving off like plumber vibes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't mind plumber vibe, but I don't know what you paid for that.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna I'm gonna say that a Dickies would have been cheaper and looked better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I really wanted the Dickies one.
Speaker 5: We've talked about that forever.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: I think it's the dinner because the dinner, I think means it looks like you're trying to be cool in it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: He stands alone.
Speaker 2: Like I could see Gary Clark Junior wearing that, but I don't see J. B.
Speaker 5: Hagen a rock star, a rock star.
Speaker 4: I don't do a front flip, and let's.
Speaker 5: See what it looks.
Speaker 3: Stand up again? Let me stand up again?
Speaker 5: Know what to do with it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Now I have an unusual question that one man would normally never ask another one.
Speaker 5: I know it's good.
Speaker 4: I know what Ariot has to do with your question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's where my question is.
Speaker 3: Is this a Sands underpants or no? I don't know why. I need to know that.
Speaker 5: I've got boxer briefs on.
Speaker 3: But will you wear boxers with with?
Speaker 2: Think?
Speaker 5: So if I wear it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, But my question is what if you have to reach up to something on a tall shelf?
Speaker 5: Then what happens?
Speaker 4: I feel like there's danger there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what? It almost looks.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, like if that where it's too fashionable, if it were, it's too much, it's too it was just plainer and just like maybe khaki instead of faded denim.
Speaker 1: Right, it looks like trying to try too hard? It can you die denim denim? So it doesn't look faded, I say, but basil it man put a bunch of fine stones on it. Yeah, my name on the back, Hagar. But hey, we could be wrong. If next year this could be all the rage. I'll just put instead of mine, I'll just put boone on the back and make people wonder.
Speaker 3: Here's my question, Uh jb is modeling? Is is it? What do we call it? A jumpsuit?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Coveralls? Is it's this something that you have been thinking about.
Speaker 3: For a while?
Speaker 5: Is it just an a hole? That's the whole insta got me. It's impulsive. You just see it and you go, oh, that looks cool.
Speaker 1: And then and in the pictures that you know, they're wearing it with you know, work boots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, it's just rugged.
Speaker 2: Very very village peoplesh you it's very you know what I mean. It's tending out a boy, oh for sure. But I mean, did you order it from trying to take a week and a half to get here two weeks.
Speaker 5: It took a minute. Yeah, I don't. I don't even.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I can tell you how long have I been wearing it? Two minutes now it's already uncomfortably.
Speaker 2: So well, your wife lets you out of the house, and that is I don't think if I'm with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Though, I'm just so shocked.
Speaker 6: I would have never thought that'd be something that you would be like, oh, let me try this.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I don't either, Maybe just the inner village person just working its way out.
Speaker 1: It's I'm gonna have to find someone to hip to gift this too.
Speaker 5: You can't return it. I yeah, I think I threw all the packaging and I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, dude, sor ry bet it's yours. Own it, own it, make it your look, make it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I think my wife will just own me if I own this, get her a matching one. I could just I can go to the park and act like I'm a dog trainer, where they attack me, except except my dog's are eight pounds.
Speaker 3: It's the JB and Sandy Show.
Speaker 2: You can listen online at one O three to one Austin dot com.
Speaker 3: Tricia's got the story we love in just a moment.
Speaker 2: A big weekend for the UT softball team exactly.
Speaker 4: The word clawbird has been called.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that in just a second. First, Hey, have you guys ever been to the Round Rock Amp? The Round Rock Amphitheater. It's right behind IKEA off of I thirty five. No, it's really really cool. I went to a show there on Friday night. Jamie Johnson played there and I went and it's really a cool little amphitheater and lots of trees and lots and lots of ship you know what I mean. Yeah, that's the one thing you need for music venues in Austin, Texas is lots of shades.
Speaker 3: Shade.
Speaker 2: It's it's just that right size. It's not huge, you know what I mean. It's just it's a cool venue. So if you have it, if you see a show that's there, it's definitely worth Its easy.
Speaker 3: In and easy out as well.
Speaker 2: So if you get a chance you see a show that you want to go, that's a really cool venue because stories we love from Studios D one the only push out.
Speaker 6: Here's the headline and I like this headline. Texas clobbers Texas Tech. Very very exciting game at the Longhorns. Apparently their offense exploded and that's what when the game forum. They got their first NCAA Softball title in the grand fashion of a ten to four win over Texas Tech.
Speaker 5: I believe it was game three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a game three. I know they played two out of three.
Speaker 2: I don't know which game it was it, but yeah, they got out to an early lead, like a five run.
Speaker 3: Lead in the first inning.
Speaker 2: Someone hit a grand slam yep, and off of the million dollar picture from Texas Tech. Texas Tech has a right a pitcher that got an nil deal on two million dollars. Yeah, good for her, good for her. It's right and so, but not good enough. I guess it has been two million next time Texas Tech.
Speaker 6: Well, they were talking about how every single pitch for the season she has thrown and then it was just simply fatigue by the time Game three in a row exactly.
Speaker 3: So uh.
Speaker 2: I know I'm a Longhorn fan, but I was kind of sort of a small way cheering for Texas Tech too.
Speaker 3: Really, I was just happy it was Texas and Texas Tech.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's an exciting game.
Speaker 2: Well, I do huge it's my best interest to cheer for Texas Tech because I do some work for the chancellor.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it's their first national championship, right, yeah, you know even remember the cat at Austerman Era.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, incredible picture that we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just assumed because after they were, you know, really good during that area. That's when they got the new field and all that just east of thirty five. They got a whole new dedicated field.
Speaker 2: We went to We went to a game there a couple of seasons ago, and it's great. I'll tell you the great thing about softball versus men's baseball action, it's the game. There's no guys aren't out there scratch scratching their crotch and warming up on the pitchers mound, and you know all the bull craft that goes on. It just moves faster. Yeah, the games, it's like the game's going on. Not a bunch of stuff in between. But great venue though that You're right, that new ballpark that they built from a few years.
Speaker 3: Back is really really cool.
Speaker 2: It was good that Oklahoma didn't win it because that's been the Longhorn's nemesis. Oh really and softball the last couple of years. Didn't the women also win the volleyball this year?
Speaker 4: I think they did? Yeah, women are rising up, aren't they?
Speaker 3: I think they did, right. I mean, coach carkisyan maz.
Speaker 2: You know another guy in the athletic offices with the national championship, coach Sark. You know what I'm saying, Like everyone's got one coach, maybe it's your turn.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: So I think he's doing just fine.
Speaker 2: But they made up for where the Longhorn baseball team fell apart.
Speaker 3: Right, So it kind of sucks for.
Speaker 2: The for the the softball players because school's not in you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't get all the hype. You're not walking on campus the following Monday and all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, but hey, the National Championship, I didn't. I'm sure they lit the tower. I didn't see.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess there is summer school, but it's just not the same.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's just not the same.
Speaker 2: So I got to look around because normally when they win a national championship, it's a different color scheme on the tower, like they do it differently, and I think they light the windows up with the number one down the side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know they do that all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So hey, these new la ed lights had made light in the tower a whole lot better. Rights. Yeah, it's cool, it's really cool. So congrats Longhorn Softball National champions. That's the story. We love thanks for being with us. More coming up on Austin's eighty station one o three point one. Our sixteen year old was outraged.
Speaker 4: But in a funny way, but in a funny way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so JB, you got to hear this.
Speaker 2: And so if you were listening last week, we may have told you that we were empty nesters last week because our daughter, who's very involved in her junior ROTC program at our high school, was at a leadership camp at Texas A and M.
Speaker 3: Kingsville.
Speaker 2: She was there all week long, and they take their phones away from them when they get there, and so they spend a week without their phone and they go through a pretty brutal camp. I mean, it's tough. In fact, it's kind of funny. Landry told me that when they I was like what happens when you first pull up. And she goes and she told me everything you do, and she goes, there's a lot of yelling, and.
Speaker 3: So she said.
Speaker 2: Their instructor, Colonel Ross, drove him down there and he goes, you guys, stay on the bus. I'm going to go in there sort things out, and I'll be back in a minute. So he goes in to the building where all the other kids are checking in. He comes back and gets the stands at the front of the bus and he goes, who, I'm gonna let you guys sit here for just a couple more minutes, because what's.
Speaker 3: Going on in there. It's a lot that go in.
Speaker 2: They have these big military bags, green bags, stuffed full of stuff. And the first thing you do is you go in there and just dump it on the table and they start rifling.
Speaker 6: Through it because they're making sure that you're not bringing anything in that you're not supposed to have contribute, snacks, book other than the Bible, right, phone, anything electric.
Speaker 2: So let's fast forward to Thursday evening. All right, so they got five minutes to use their phone. Okay, got five minutes to call I guess whoever they wanted and our daughter chose to call Landry are charlet called Tricia instead of me? Whatever about that a little bit, but tell her about the phone conversation.
Speaker 6: So she calls and I see her name pop up on the screen and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: And I answered and I go hello, and she was.
Speaker 6: Like mom, she's I had to ask. After a few minutes of talking, I was like, are you crying right now? Or are you smiling? Like her voice was so high pitched and she was talking so fast, and she was.
Speaker 4: Like, I hate it here.
Speaker 6: I think it was more of like a hate it in a good way, like you know, it hurts so good, so hard.
Speaker 4: She was like, I hate it here, And I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 6: She goes, we finally got to swim tonight, but we couldn't have fun swimming.
Speaker 4: They made us do laps and I was like, whoa.
Speaker 6: She goes, We're not allowed to speak while we're eating food, so at dinner, everybody has to be quiet. She goes, And also they show us all of the sweet treats, like the cookies and the fudge, and then don't.
Speaker 4: Let us have it.
Speaker 6: After a whole litany of other things, she goes, and Mom, when you guys come and get me tomorrow, will you bring me some water from home? And I go, what do you mean water from home? She goes, they make us drink out of the hose.
Speaker 5: Here. She was outraged.
Speaker 4: She was a felt like an animal drinking out of the water hose. I was like, girl, welcome to our childhood.
Speaker 5: Right, well, we did drink out of the hose.
Speaker 3: I think it's great. I was like, this is good for her.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's great, really good for her.
Speaker 2: Another funny moment JB. And then well this was on the phone call with Tricia. She asked permission if she could say the F word right and and.
Speaker 4: To tell a story, tell story, and it happened.
Speaker 2: And Tricia said yes. And so they were doing some drill or something. I'm not exactly sure what it was they were doing.
Speaker 6: They were practicing the presentation if we were going to for the next morning, the graduation, and the parents are going to be there.
Speaker 2: Right, and some kid kept screwing up, and this marine walks up to the kid and he goes, son, they're gonna be fifty f and they're gonna be one hundred and fifty f and people here tomorrow and you don't know.
Speaker 3: What you're doing.
Speaker 2: Labry's standing right behind him, doing everything she can to not die laughing.
Speaker 5: To her.
Speaker 6: So it's the same guy who the year before was standing next to a cadet and he smelled something that smelled like crap, And he did not use the word crap. He used the other word. He walked up to it a cadet and he goes, son, did you crap your pants like crap? Except he was using the S word. Very funny all I could think, JB. And you're probably think of the same thing. There's a lot of parents out there that would find these things out and just, oh my gosh, how could you talk to my little angel that way? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I think this is gonna happen. It's military right right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, give it to her some more. Yeah, it's good for her.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's going to deter her from wanting to pursue this great question?
Speaker 3: I asked.
Speaker 2: I asked the same thing. I was like, did this just ruin the whole program? Absolutely not. Now that she's been home a couple of days and all she taught about it talking about college is that she wants to apply to what she wants to do. She was like, I've really I think being a medic would you know, Corman would be really cool, But that's an enlisted position, and I want to be an officer and I don't want to go to doctor school.
Speaker 3: But no, it didn't.
Speaker 2: I think A great way to kind of explain it, it's it's the best time you'd never want to do again, that camp, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she complained about it and was like, oh my god, I'm so glad it's over. She's like, mom, I cried myself to sleep the first night I was there. But then also in the same breath, was like, and I've already volunteered to go back as a graduate assistant next summer.
Speaker 4: So she's hates it.
Speaker 1: Like it's not that it's the same, but there's it's, you know, somewhat similar. If you're ever a kid that played high school football.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you got screamed at and you're called names, and you're hurting, you're getting hit, and you're just constantly in your head going what am I doing?
Speaker 3: Why am I?
Speaker 5: But it's so rewarding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yes, that's right word.
Speaker 1: For her, and it really pulls you together, Like, I bet she's tight with those other kids now, yep.
Speaker 2: Because they went through a lot. I mean, you know, they suffered together, exactly.
Speaker 6: And also she now knows that she can do more than she thought she could, because Landry's very much like as soon as it's uncomfortable, she's like, all right, that's enough. But obviously she didn't have that option during all of this physical training and stuff. And I think she you can tell that it's boosted her confidence.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely. And she passed her mile run, which was a big deal and something she worked.
Speaker 1: She was stressed about that, she was and she worked hard at it, and then it's the.
Speaker 3: Reward, right exactly.
Speaker 2: That's why I told her, I hope if nothing else, you realize that you can't wait to the last minute to do things. You know, you cannot wait to cram the mile training in the four days before you leave.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 2: It's just like, by the way, I'm not really mad at you, JB, but I'm mad at Trisha about something and my other people that I see all the time. So we took pictures while we were there, and I found a picture from just on this weekend and the exact same day last year when I picked Landry up and a similar type of camp on the same campus, right, And I looked at the two pictures and I'm like, how come none of you told me I was a fat slob last year?
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding. I mean I looked at it.
Speaker 1: It was just year earrassed about it, and how what's your weight difference year to year?
Speaker 2: I would say, back in that photo, I was probably pushing two sixty and now I'm two twenty nine, So what is that forty one pounds? Probably thirty one pounds. Yeah, and it's just unbelievab. And apparently I hear it all in my face and my head, face, in your stomach, yeah, and my stomach.
Speaker 6: So then he takes that those two pictures side by side, split screenshot and text me and is like, why the hell didn't you tell me I.
Speaker 5: Was so fat?
Speaker 6: And I was like, dude, I fat packed you so many times, like I did it so many times, and you just kept shoveling the Reese's pieces in your mouth.
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 6: I think it's a little bit because I pointed out to you that you kept doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just sent you the picture. JB.
Speaker 2: I texted to you, Christian, I have always had the fat packed ever since we first started dating. Like the other one got too fat, you could tell him it's the fat packed.
Speaker 4: It's the fat pack.
Speaker 6: And I was delicately fat packeding you with like passive aggressive, aggressive comments.
Speaker 5: But we were quickly approaching.
Speaker 1: The yeah I got to talk to you, right, yeah, and the like in last year's picture you're you're sweating like crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure too, Yeah, yeah, you look so much different.
Speaker 1: That's and now you know I've I've similarly similarly lost forty ish pounds, so I know what that feels like. And it's you go back and you look at and you're like, oh my gosh, what happened. And I've done it a couple of times. Right, you look great now, though I might like one ninety ish now, but still I could lose more. But you know it's again, it's not a you just feel better too.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, things don't hurt, Like my hip was hurting, my knees were hurting, all that stuff.
Speaker 4: And then you know, we all have those weighted vests.
Speaker 6: So I lost twenty pounds a couple of years ago, and then about six months ago got a fifteen pound weighted vest, and the first time I walked with it, I.
Speaker 4: Was like, oh my god, like my body was struggling it.
Speaker 6: I was like, I used to walk around with this much, if not more, on a normal day.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean every day?
Speaker 5: Oh right, you're carrying that much?
Speaker 3: Is the vest? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just a function.
Speaker 1: It's funny you mentioned that because you guys brought up the weighted vest because you've been doing your walks. My wife bought a couple and she's been doing the least long waited vest walks on the weekend. I haven't done it. I haven't done it yet. And now that y'all mentioned it, it's on my radar. And so when I'm driving along like Caesar Chavez and I see all the people on the trail, I'm seeing a lot of people doing it. I don't know if it's a trendy thing or what, but I'm seeing more and more of it.
Speaker 2: It just, you know, what happened with us is we were walking. It was just the walking got too easy. Yeah, we couldn't go faster than where we're going.
Speaker 3: We're a step away from running. We're not going to do.
Speaker 4: That right right to do that.
Speaker 6: But that's what they say that I mean right now, I think walking has become super like trendy. I think it's people are just not realizing that walking is a legit exercise, more cardio and weight loss. But they're saying that the way to be able to turn walking into also being able to put muscle on is to add weight. And the weighted vest is where kind of where that comes in. But really, once you plateau at a certain speed of walking, there's nothing else she can do. The weighted vest is a logical route.
Speaker 2: One last thing here, JB going back to our daughter being just mortified that she had to drink out of a hose at camp when we gave her her bottle of water, and I had seen that she had been drinking a little bit. I said, we filled that up from a hose at home,