Speaker 1: Do anything Trump does.
Speaker 2: I think he knows what we are doing every day, what we have to you know. Fifty five KRCD Talk Station seven oh six I fifty five Kercite talk Station, A very Happy Friday slash Valentine'sdad. Everybody. Brian Thomas always pleased to look across the studio table here and see Todd Zends, their former inspector general. He knows where the low hanging fruit is as well. Todd Senzer, welcome back, man. It's great to have you in studio. You're brilliant, and you're very informative, and you benefit every one of my listeners when you show up. That means a lot to me. Let's before we guy dive into and you can explain what Rising fifteen is and we'll deal with some local shenanigans and other things. We're just having this off air conversation about the Democrats just screaming their head off about the revelation of all this fraud, wasting abuse and the efforts to stop it. You know, Billionaire Elon Musk. Billionaire Elon Musk. It's like, wait a second, you're defending the literally indefensible in saying that these cuts shouldn't be made. I mean, they are showing that it's the low hanging fruit, the dumb, the stupid, the ridiculous, the waste. And I read this, the editorial board point this, so you want proof of government fraud. I had to read it because all of this information, all of the areas of fraud, wasting abuse, previously identified under the Biden administration's people two hundred and thirty three to five hundred and twenty one billion annually in fraud from the Government Accountability Office last year, and then it just goes on and on and on. People in the Biden administration identified this, and so that Elon Musk is now and Donald Trump are now doing something about previously identified areas of fraud wasted abuse, and now they're screaming about it as if it isn't real.
Speaker 1: Right. The interesting thing, Brian, is that the GAO, the Government Accountability Office, is actually an arm of Congress. So it's their own auditor. It's Congress's own auditor that's coming up with this. So members of Congress should not be complaining about what they're finding. You would think that.
Speaker 2: That Elon Musk is coming in and threatening to molest their children or something. I don't know how to frame it, but I just stand in awe and aghast, in a state of disbelief over the loud, screaming, angry cries of these elected officials, and I think, wait a second, you were elected. You have constituents. These constituents presumably participated in work ergo, paid into the federal government via the income tax system and most notably, separate line item Social Security system, thinking at some point that they were going to reap the benefits of getting a Social Security check. Elon Musk comes out and says, look, dead people are getting checks. People that aren't entitled to get Social Security checks are getting your money. CBOs identified for years the Social Security is painfully underwater, so everybody's at risk of not even getting it. And that's if it's a well oiled, non corrupt machine. But in response to him pointing this out, they scream and try about how he's taking your Social Security benefits away. How do they answer to their own constituents with something.
Speaker 1: Like that, Well, unfortunately, I think the constituents that they're worried about are the constituents that support them and make the most noise about Trump or not having enough money to do certain things that those are the people they're listening to. They're listening to the people that have been feeding off the federal government for all these years.
Speaker 2: Okay, In the follow up question, which I know the answer to because I asked it before we started, are there that many people out there getting this money in a form of like recipients of no into the non government organizations or feeding at the trough of some ridiculous program paid for by the American taxpayer.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's there. There are those people, and there are also people like members of the military industrial complex, all of these iron triangles that orbit the federal government. You've got that issue too, But you know that's alive and well. Here in Cincinnati there are I don't know, forty or fifty different groups that the city funds on an annual basis with you know, fifty thousand here, two hundred thousand there, and it's I mean, there's a name for it, but it's it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You can't stay it on the air, though, because that's just the non compliant.
Speaker 1: But that's the way the system is right now, Charlie Foxtrot, not only in the United States but here locally as well.
Speaker 2: But just using springing from your the framing of that, and I'm not disagreeing with your analysis or assessment of that. The City of Cincinnati doles out these dollars, Is that coming from the city's general fund, which is fueled by Cincinnatians and the the the income tax that they pay into the general fund.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all coming out of there. It's all coming out of the city's general fund.
Speaker 2: So it's a city version of what the federal government is doing exactly. This problem is beyond systemic.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: You can feel free to make me better, Todd, I make me feel better about this. You're not.
Speaker 1: It is baked in, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: It's very What do you think the landscape of the economy would look like if the plug just got pulled on all this extraneous and I will use the word crap because that's exactly the way I feel about it.
Speaker 1: Well, not only do you have to stop these programs, but you have to stop you have to stop funding them through taxes. If we didn't have all these programs, we wouldn't be paying all these taxes and the economy would The economy would have the money instead of the federal government or the state.
Speaker 2: Government fueling industry and business and goods and services that the economy thrives on because people actually want what they're providing exactly.
Speaker 1: It's more the free market system that's been corrupted.
Speaker 2: You know, it breaks my heart to say this, but you know, looking at this landscape and the just absolute opposition to curbing this fraud, waste and abuse, and the size of the national deficit and the debt service we're paying on it, you know deep down that it's going to require a collapse of the fiat currency in order to write the ship and to end this from happening, which basically is going to end the fiat currency. And I don't know how we're going to be able to survive as a nation without the fiat currency. I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: We're quickly racing to the bottom. We're going to crash here if these efforts of those and the president aren't successful.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, my mom will make this comment from time to time. God bless you, Mom. You know, I love you to death. Eighty five years old, and she's like, basically of the mindset, and so many people are, well, it looks like that's something bad's gonna happen, but least I won't be around when it does. Is that kind of the mindset of our elected officials. I mean, somebody like Nancy Pelosi's about one hundred and sixty five years old anyway, or Mitch McConnell, they're gonna die before it hits the fans. So they don't have any feel feeling like they have any obligation to do anything to write the ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, these some of these members who are senior, like Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi, they just can't give up power. And that's that's what that's what it's all about. These these elected officials want to retain their their power.
Speaker 2: Is that's like a DSM five diagnosable illness.
Speaker 1: I would agree with you.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're eighty five years old now. Not to use my mom's age, I don't know how old Mitch McConnell is, but you know, let's face, he's old.
Speaker 1: He's close.
Speaker 2: Don't you think with the millions and millions of millions of dollars in value that you are worth literally sitting on cash, sitting on home property, you got it all made. You only have a few more years in the normal lifespan. Why don't you just drop it and go and enjoy yourself, play golf, or play with your grandkids or great grandkids, or something like, why do you need to keep this office? Yeah, it's kind of sad, isn't It's it's pathetically sad. It's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Well, the voters have something to do with that also.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I know it's easy to say that out loud when we have to, you know, sort of look at the mirror and ourselves and decide. Wait a minute, jeez, that's right. I did vote to keep that guy in office, right right. Paint a pretty dreary picture here this morning, but it's reality. Light has to be shed on it. I thank god that Elon Musk at least has the ability to shed light on it. I'm sorry, billionaire Elon Musk. God remember to put that in there. From now and apparently the rules have been issued so we can sort of semi wage to the class warfare while the guy who doesn't even own a big house or even stuff and things and is willing to do all of this work and identify fraud wasting to be for free doing good things because he wants America to survive. Go ahead, scream about him evil unelected official doctor Fauci seven fifteen fifty five K City Talk Station more with former Inspector General Todd Zin's we're going to dive on into what is rising fifteen. I'm probably funded by your taxpayer dollars, but we'll find out together. Next coming up, Emory Federal Credit Union is going a wonderful thing. They always do wonderful things for their members. I've been banking with Emory for a long long time, and I love the folks at Emory. There's such sweet and kind people helping out their members and doing things like this. Are you or your child planning on going to college this fall? You need financial help. College is expensive, There's no question about it. Emory Federal Credit Union is now accepting scholarship applications for their members now. Applicants have to be planning to attend a two or four year college this fall as a full time student, and there are some other restrictions apply, but that's the base guidelines whether or not you qualify to apply for a scholarship membership two to four year college this fall full time. So get all of the information and also learn more about the benefits of banking and memory by going to EMORYFCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org. Applications must be postmarked by March thirty first. Animalist number four zero one zero eight seven federally insured by NCUA Equal Housing Lender fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station There Are Two Types of Pain in the World.
Speaker 4: Is sponsored by Audible. Tap into your well being with Audible audiobooks, podcasts, and originals. Expand your life with expert insight and motivation for better health, habits, relationships, finance, and more. Start listening free when you sign up for a thirty day trial at audible dot com.
Speaker 2: Sunny Turning partly clienting today. Expect breezy conditions at a high thirty six Tonight. It's going to be overcast, low thirty two with ran kicking in around five o'clock Tomorrow morning and lasting all day tomorrow and into Tomorrow night. So floodwatch kicks in at one pm forty seven Tomorrow's high with an overnight go at thirty They're calling from maybe possibly two to three inches of rain. Floodwatch ends on Sunday afternoon and the rain will move out. We'll have a high a thirty nine. Then right now fifteen degrees in time for traffic.
Speaker 3: From the uc on Tramphks Center.
Speaker 5: For more than two hundred year's se experts of you see health I have been giving hard patients and chance and better outcomes. That's boundless care. You can trust expect more at ucehealth dot com. Highways continue to look good this morning. No accidents to deal with all of your problems. West Spend two seventy five at Hamilton Avenue Long Gone in bound seventy four. There's no delay coming down the hill from North Bend. Chuck ing Ramont fifty five KRC the talk station, So.
Speaker 2: Nineteen fifty five Krcity Talk Station by Thomas Always please talk Todds in their former Inspector General. He's got his fingers on the pulse of all the crazy stuff that's going on in the world. And let us pivot over to local crazy, moving away from federal level. You kind of alluded to it earlier. We talked about Cincinnati doling out money to NGOs, and you know all the organizations that are supported by that, which are the ones that screaming yell every time someone tries to fare it out. Fraud, waste and abuse. But rising fifteen. Remind my listeners about this because I seem to recall reading an article or talking about a little bit in the morning show maybe when you were here. This is about the fifteen quote unquote underserved neighborhoods within the City of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are three members of city Council who have identified fifteen neighborhoods that have been underserved. It's not clear whether that's historically or current or both. And they entered a motion back in October of twenty three to set up two special funds for these neighborhoods. And remember that in October of twenty three is when we were campaigning for and against the sale of the railway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 1: This is all geared towards letting constituents know that they're going to get a piece of the railway money. So this motion set up a special two special funds for these neighborhoods. What they called a railroad fund and what they called an Economic development fund. And the idea back then as it is now, is to take ten percent of the proceeds from the railway sale that the city is given every year by the Railway Trust Board and put it into this railroad fund and let that accumulate. And it also establishes a seven member advisory board that basically controls that money.
Speaker 2: So we have an advisory board that controls the railroad money, and they take the interest generated off the principle, ten percent of which goes into a separate fund which is managed and organized by a completely separate entity. Let me guess who are appointed by the mayor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, huh so Okay, now wait, all right, let's follow the money here. Okay, let's just say that happens. I guess. Definitionly speaking, do we even know what underserved?
Speaker 3: Is no?
Speaker 1: And that's one of the problems these fifteen neighborhoods. The motion has an exhibit attached that they say is the demographic and socioeconomic data that they use to identify these fifteen neighborhoods. That exhibit wasn't attached to the motion when they filed it with When they filed it with the council last week, I had to go down to the clerk's office to get a copy of the exhibit. It's basically one page, and the socioeconomic and demographic data includes the population of the neighborhood, the racial makeup of the neighborhood, and the median income of the neighborhood. That's it. Nothing about unemployment levels, nothing about education levels, nothing about crime, nothing about blight. Just race and income.
Speaker 2: That's Todd founding his hand in emphasis about what he's talking about. I had a listener complaining to me because when I moved my boom mic, it's a little squeak to it. He said, it drives me crazy. So I've been trying never to touch my mic. I just want to let him specifically know it was you being making a strong point. I don't have a problem with the Todd, trust me. I just want to let listeners know that I was aware of it. But movie back, Okay, fine, you got you've identified these neighborhoods. Let's just say and we say find that the demographic and and and identified information. And we haven't talked about the source of who gathered that. I don't know where that came from. Was it identified on the document? So we have no idea who compiled it. How will these funds be used to transform and underserved neighborhood into a served neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's to be seen. This advisory group that the Emotion would set up, I guess is supposed to come up with a plan for spending this money.
Speaker 2: But is the argument Now, Let's let's move over to the foundation for the sale of the railroad, which is to use the interest generated by the principle to work on previously existing projects.
Speaker 1: Right, and a.
Speaker 2: Previously just in project in this particular case is the mere existence of a neighborhood that they have called underserved.
Speaker 1: Well, that's hard to say, because what the what the emotion also does, or what they try to do, is is swap money. In fact, yeah, the vice mayor actually use that term a money swap, where oh, they're not going to use railway money, They're gonna take an equivalent amount of the railway money out of the general General Fund and put it in it in their special railroad.
Speaker 2: Fund, demonstrating as I always like to demonstrate the fungibility of money. Oh you're not kidding and switch, We're only gonna use for existing infrastructure. So it's okay to sell the railroad. It'll free up all these funds. We can get some projects done, okay, and then that will free up money that should have come from the general General Fund and allow it to be used for other brand new stuff and things.
Speaker 1: Right well, we said, after the sale was approved by the voters, we made several recommendations on how to strengthen oversight, and one of them was to establish a floor, a spending floor that you're going to spend X number of dollars on infrastructure, and then whatever comes in from the railway goes on top of that. That's how we're going to be spending more on infrastructure. Instead, they want to take the existing level of funding, take that away from infrastructure and use it for all these other things, new stuff and things, not even infrastructure things.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, you know, and everybody knows which road is floating around the back of my mind. Sunset, which is still like this landmark looks like a war zone from Ukraine or Gaza Strip.
Speaker 1: I went down there yesterday, Brian.
Speaker 2: It's even more so, I know, listen, that's why it's my favorite illustration.
Speaker 1: It's got a lot of potholes.
Speaker 2: That's the way I take when I go over to like Price sal Chili for listener lunch, or you know, maybe Chandlers over on the west side, and it's like God, bless it, I should come up with an alternative route because again it looks like something out of Gaza. Sticking around more with former Inspector General Todd Zenzer, I think we have some more things to unpack on this too, so we'll continue. It's seven twenty six right now. I fifty five cares to the talk station and I think, and I don't want to put words in the mouths of Peter Shabria Colorwiams and his team the outstanding real estate team, but that that revelation from Dave Haddy this morning about the real estate scam, I'm thinking these well oiled machine folks at Peter Shabia Kelorwiams seven Hills, is that outstanding team of real estate agents probably be going to keep you out of that kind of trouble because they know how the process works and the work hand in hand with you to get your home sold or to act as your buyer's agent. And Peter Shabrina's team Kelorwilliams seven Hills know it's really a competitive market out there. They want to ensure that you can land your dream home. Now, here's one of the programs that they offer that nobody else is offering. A buyer with the SBRI Group. If you're qualified client, you leverage the cash to Keys program that will allow you to write a cash offer on that house. You fall in love with the one that's got to beat a bunch of people wind around the corner to make a bid if you have cash in hand. Sellers love it. It can allow you to get better terms and conditions and jump ahead of the pack that always has to stand around a wait to get the financing approved. It's the kind of five star experience and service you can expect from the Sabri Group. To learn more details about this, get in touch with them whether you need a buyer or sellers agent. You'll be glad you got in touch with them online seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com, phone call five one three seven zero eight three thousand, or if you can't remember that, just remember Schabri Groups CHA b R I S Sabri Group and type it into your search engine hit enter fifty five KRC. A minute of hope is brought to you by the lender's center seven thirty right after your buck here's the talctation time for a Channel nine first morning Weather forecast day sunny, then Hartley Clotty at some point as the rain comes into the neighborhood Greasy as well. High thirty six. The rain overnight starts around five o'clock in the morning. It'll be overcast overnight down to thirty two. All day rain tomorrow with a flood effect or flood watch going into effect at one High forty seven down to thirty overnight. They say accumulator rain may get two to three inches. Rain to move out on Sunday and the flood watch ends in the afternoon. Sunday's High thirty nine. It's fifteen now, in time for traffic.
Speaker 3: From the UCLP Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: For more than two hundred years, the experts of u see Health have been giving heart patients a chance at better outcomes. That's boundless care you can trust, expect more at u see health dot Com. Crews are working with a wreck with injuries that's on Dixie A Malhauser in Fairfield. Also an accident no injuries on King at High Street in Hamilton southbound seventy five. No delays through Lockman northbound seventy five and northbound seventy one. Good on the bridge. Just chuck Kingram on fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty five KRCIT the talk station. Brian Thomas with former Inspector General Todd Zenzer in studio. We're trying to unpack this rising fifteen and uh Shenanigan's declaration, at least from my perspective, certainly, just Trekker's perspective. All right, Todd, real quick, care, let's sum it up. They take ten percent of the U of the interest earned off the railroad investment they put into a separate account. They have a new independent seven member board that is going to allocate that money. And really big question mark how long it's going to be in that fund. I guess it's an annual expenditure of ten percent. Every year, ten percent of the railroad money goes into this fund.
Speaker 1: That's my understanding.
Speaker 2: Okay, And whoever these members are, we don't know. They're not elected officials, are they They're huh, Well, let's just scream that out loud over and over again. So seven unelected officials are going to have complete control and say over how this money gets allocated or spent on any given project in these fifteen quote unquote underserved communities.
Speaker 1: Well, technically they're going to make a recommendation to council. But if the council sets up this advisory board to tell them, you know, how to robber sent exactly.
Speaker 2: Now, you were in council on a Wednesday speaking on an opposition against this. Yes, I was what arguments did you make to them and how were your arguments received?
Speaker 1: Well, the thing about claiming your two minutes to the City Council is they don't respond to you.
Speaker 2: They really sit there and play on their phones.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I made four points and then I asked that they withdraw the motion. The first one I said is that this thing is drenched in politics. It came about during the campaign regarding the railway sale. It was I said, it was political. Then it was drenched in politics.
Speaker 2: Now WCPO referred to it as reparations. Yes they did. I mean that was in their reporting on it.
Speaker 1: That was back in October twenty three. Yes, us, and if you read if you read the motion, you'll get an understanding of why they said that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, did your I mean, I know you see your comments are ignored like most people, but generally speaking, I mean, is there concern among council members about going forward and moving forward with this, about the the repercussions that they might get.
Speaker 1: Well, I did send an email to the mayor and the council members and the city manager with these points, and I got one response from a council member, Jeffries, and he pretty much agrees with us with with my concerns. So that was one member that I got some feedback from, But I haven't heard anything from any of the other members.
Speaker 2: What of the railroad Board don't they have say over this?
Speaker 1: Well, that is a great that is a great question, Brian and I. Actually the railway Board met this past week also, They met on Tuesday afternoon, and I went there to make a couple of points about a different issue. You and I thought the meeting was encouraging. I didn't. They are putting up a new website where they are going to require information from the city about what projects are underway, how much money is being used, and what the status of those projects are. That's news to me because during the campaign I got the impression that they really weren't going to be too involved in how the money was spent. So from my perspective anyway, that was a positive development.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's the kind of transparency we deserve. Absolutely, if you want to know where the money's being spent, they will let you know. It's right there on the site. I think that's an absolutely fabulous idea, and I'm actually shocked that it's happening.
Speaker 1: I was very encouraged by it.
Speaker 2: They have a fiduciary obligation to monitor those dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, that's my argument. I mean, I used the story about when I was at the Transportation Inspector General's office, we had the Federal Transit Administration under our purview, and my boss used to call them a religious organization because they would throw billions of dollars out the door and just pray that it was properly used. That's not the way to go. If you're giving money out, you did you make sure that it is used for the purpose that you that you dispersed it.
Speaker 2: So, going back to our conversation at the outset of the program, literally every government government entity is doing this kind of thing, Yes, throwing money out the door and never paying attention to see what it's done out in the world, how much people are making off of the allocation, who is benefiting from it, or more fundamentally, if that allocation if deemed Appropriate's why the money went out the door. Actually does anything.
Speaker 1: Right well, some agencies that give out money grant make grants and things like that. Some do a better job at overseeing what happens than others, but they got a long way to go.
Speaker 2: Well, Brent Toddsen's er back, He's in studio for the full hour. This is just very informative Todd, and I can't thank you enough for you know, for showing up at these meetings on behalf of the taxpayers, for you providing your useful insight and giving them i think a more informed opinion about the legality of this, how it's gonna work, and bringing to their attention that this could be a source of uh maybe fraud wasted abuse. Seven thirty six fifty five cares to detalk station. If you're dreaming of a smile that is brilliant, that is beautiful, that is natural, and you are not happy with your smile, you need doctors Fred Pack and doctor Meghan Frue. Now, first off, for general dentistry, you can't find a better practice. Been going there for years and years. Doctor Fred Pack has always insisted on being the most state of the art clinic, all for the benefit of his patients. He's passionate about dentistry generally speaking, and doctor Meghan Frew equally passionate about her patients. She's got the best chair side manner of any dentist out there. So if you one of those folks that don't like going to the dentist, you are gonna love doctor Meghan Frue. Not to discount Fred Pack, She's a lot easier on the eyes, Doctor Pack, you know, I love you man. But as far as Pack is concerned, a fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and there are only three in the entire state of Behi. That is because he is an absolute genius, able to transform your life by transforming your smile. So if you're not happy with your smile, it's time for exceptional dentistry from doctors Peck and Frew five one three six, one seventy six sixty six Transformative smile Makers. I assure you of that smile makeovers five one three six, one seventy six sixty six. Find them online Peckpckpecksmiles dot com. Fifty five krc Man, This is Jeff for trying here's your weather forecast of Channel nine. Sunny sky is turning partly cloudy at sun juncture. Today, breezy and a high of thirty six. Overcast guys tonight low of thirty two. The rain starts at five am. Roughly it's a weather forecast, don't set your watch to it anyway. Rain all day to Mars. Expected flood watching effect at one pm high forty seven, overnight low of thirty. Rain will continue again two to three inches of rain possible, and then the rain moves out on Sunday, high of thirty nine. It's fifteen in time traffic from the.
Speaker 3: UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: For more than two hundred years, the experts at UC health have been giving heart patients a chance have better outcomes. That's foundless care you can trust, expect more at u see health dot com. Crews are working with a wreck with injuries that's on Dixie and Maulhauser in Fairfield. Also an accident no injuries on King at High Street in Hamilton southbound seventy five. No delays through lock Fan northbound seventy five and northbound four seventy one.
Speaker 3: Good on the bridges. Chuck kingbram On fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven forty one Here fifty five KRC the talk station, Happy Friday, Happy Valentine's Day, and an enlightening morning show. Since Todd Zinzers and Studio Form Inspector General telling us all about this rising fifteen and it is a motion, it has not been passed yet, correct, That's correct, all right, So I'm not going to restate what the parameters are for this. Bottom line is railroad money going into a separate fund to be allocated among fifteen communities. Now, I know you've done a couple of podcasts on this on YouTube. You have a YouTube channel which is called citizens Watch Citizen Watchdog with Todd Zenzer. Yes, and you've done two full programs on this alone.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now, obviously you filled up a lot of time on your your program on YouTube again, Citizen Watchdog with Todd Zenzer. You mentioned to me off air something that has passed, which is the City in City on Track Plan, the City on Track Plan. Now doesn't that already deal with the allocation of railroad fund money.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was the whole point of the plan.
Speaker 2: So this would interfere with a previously passed proposal for spending the money.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it really confuses things. Remember that the campaign to sell the railway started with this idea that there's four hundred million dollars of deferred mateents that the city is grappling with, and the plan was to sell the railway and start attacking that deferred maintenance. So they came up with a City on Track plan, and it broke it down into different areas parks and recreation, roads and bridges, you know, et cetera, and then it distributed those funds across those subjects and across the neighborhoods where deferred maintenance has been identified. I don't know why they just don't look at that plan and see what projects exist within those fifteen neighborhoods and make those a priority.
Speaker 2: I think I suspect the reason why. It's because fixing a road in a neighborhood, or fixing an existing piece of infrastructure that they own and therefore have an obligation to maintain, does not change anything. On that slip that was not posted with this recent motion, you identifying neighborhoods with income disparities. That's right, because a fixed road does not change the income disparity.
Speaker 1: Right. What I liked working for the Transportation Department is that roads and bridges and infrastructure should not be political. It's all they own. It's all about public safety and economic development and things like that. That's why you need infrastructure.
Speaker 2: Well, and I also retract part of my conclusion on that because maybe I pin with a bit of a broad brush because these so broken windows that you know, if you have a neighborhood a bunch of broken windows, people think it's all My god, is a terrible neighborhood, and they don't want to invest in it. They don't want to move into it. Fix the windows, fix the streets, fix the roads, and it may inject much needed capital, jobs and possibilities for people that are there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the people in a neighborhood support the whole broken windows thing, at least in many of the neighborhoods. Yeah, I would say, And why wouldn't you? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: I mean, if it reduces crime and statistically it's proven to do that, then yes, embrace it. It's like I want police in my neighborhood because it is. Uh, well, I did into bad guys hanging out in the corner and selling drugs. Yes, absolutely, Wow, I'll remind my listeners Citizen Watchdog with Todd Zenzer. Just pop it into your search engine and YouTube or pop out of the YouTube search engine. You'll find it and subscribe to his channel and regularly watch it because he's Todd has got brilliance and beyond just this one topic, which we will continue to dive on into identifying some of the other areas that we need to watch out or in the next segment, segment one More with Todd Zenzer seven five five cares to Detalk Station. I get to mention Zimmer Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. Love supporting Zimmer. Wonderful folks. It's third generation family ownership and operator. Chris Zimmer's got the helm now and he and his outstanding team will take great care of you with excellent customer service for all your HVAC needs. Need a new heater. Carrier systems a great way to go Authorized carrier dealers. They can service any any model and make you've got, and it's so much more than just carrier. They sert like A said, they service every every model and make, but you know they have geothermal and they've got it's the space pack kind of systems and so for all your HVAC needs. Oh and then the maintenance programs too, and I recommend you consider one of those that come out to your place on a schedule and make sure everything's running and that it keeps the things that fit your your system efficient. Of course, can actually extend the life because nobody wants to put a new system and if they don't have to. So give Chris Zimmer a call to make an appoyment at five one three five two one eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three, or it's really easy to schedule appointment even after hours at go zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Since nine to eleven, the Tunnel to Tower.
Speaker 2: Schevyn I tells us today is going to start out sunny and then it'll turn partly plotting with the rain coming into the neighborhood. Breezy conditions at I have thirty six overnight will be okay until about five in the morning when the rain shows up, but it's going to be a hell of thirty two overnight again, rain all old day tomorrow or flooding effect at one pm. Blood watch for the general area forty seven for the high. Ray will continue over Saturday night again to three inches possible low of thirty ray. Unfortunately move out on Sunday with a high thirty nine. It's fifteen in time for traffic.
Speaker 3: From the uc on Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: For more than two hundred years, the experts at you See Health have been giving heart patients and chance at better outcomes. That's boundless care you can trust. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. Molding up on the highways now sepbound seventy five. Freak lights coming out of Lachland inbound seventy four, a bit heavy at North Bend and northbound seventy five. Slows at Buttermilk cleaning up a wreck on Dixie and Mahauser in Fairfield. Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven forty nine.
Speaker 2: If you about KRCDE Talks station. Very happy Friday to you, and at this time we're going to turn our attention briefly away from Todd Zenzer and talk to Officer Lisa Big with the Sinsint Police Department Crime Stoppers. Lisa, Happy Friday and happy Valentine, and who are we looking for?
Speaker 6: Good morning, We are looking for Curtis Allen. He's wanted for domestic violence. Curtis Allen. I know, I know you hate that. He's a black veil. He's fifty three years old, he's five foot seven, one hundred and eighty pounds. He has a history aggravated burglary and other domestic violences, and he frequents Saint Martin's Place in Cheviot.
Speaker 2: Man, just walk away, don't beat up on your spouse.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if we have information on where we can find Curtis Allen, and please please drop a dime if you do, who are gonna call Lisa Baker?
Speaker 6: Give Crime Stoppers a call at five one three three five two thirty forty, or you can submit a tip anonymously at Crime dash Stoppers dot u S.
Speaker 2: You'll be doing society a favor getting this guy locked up. You will be eligible for a cash reward. You will remain anonymous, underscoring that Lisa have a wonderful weekend. Thank you very much for all that you and the police department do. I hate domestic violence, folks, Todd, you know child molester's number one. Then guys who beat up on their wives?
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, goduckah.
Speaker 2: And you know I'm talking to you. You're out there listening. You beat up your wife? Why do you do that?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Citizen Watchdog with Todd Zinzer on YouTube, Todd and pivotingel back to what else anything else we need to know by way of exclamation points on all the reasons why this rising fifteen sounds so unbelievably right for corruption? If I can just boil it down to that conclusion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the this motion was put forward on the on February five at the February fifth meeting, and during that meeting, the Vice Mayor said the quiet part out loud. She told the council we promised this during the campaign. Well, she may have promised it to certain constituencies, but that wasn't the promise that all the voters received. All the promise that we received is that this money would be spent on existing infrastructure to attack the four hundred million dollars worth of deferred maintenance.
Speaker 2: You don't know to whom this promise was made. It was not a campaign out on the road campaign out loud pledge that maybe Sharon Coolidge from the inquire could have reported on or something like that. Well, yes, does this sounds suspiciously like PG Sittenfeld, if you elect me, or you give funds to me for my campaign, then I will give you this this, this Rising fifteen program.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I would think that she made the promise to the movers and shakers and those fifteen neighborhoods. But I think it's probably narrowed down to even fewer neighborhoods in the fifteen that they were making promises to. But we don't really know exactly who, huh, But I think there were individuals that were made promise.
Speaker 2: Like you'll be on the board if you if we get this through, if you get me elected, we established this Rising fifteen program, we're gonna let you control the money.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, along those promises, along those lines.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, maybe someone in law enforcement could look into that, because again I'm just thinking of PG sitting Feld, who recently was in the news since you lost this appeal.
Speaker 1: You know, on PG. The thing that I've always wondered is why were they doing business in a hotel room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a red flag.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely a red flag.
Speaker 2: So host people, if your quote unquote doctor is scheduling surgery at a motel six, then you've got a real problem on your hands for that plastic surgery that you want. Yeah, Todd, I'm not sure how to unpackage this any further than we have unless there's other details that you want to just put exclamation points on the subject matter.
Speaker 1: Well, again, I think people need to understand what the statuses of these funds. The trust fund has actually grown by almost one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, the market's been doing really well. Yes, if it hadn't grown by that much, then you have to worry about being mismanaged.
Speaker 1: Right, So yeah, it's not that great of a return. It's like five point five or something percent.
Speaker 2: So it's consistent with like S and P five hundred kind of growth.
Speaker 1: Yes, And in September of twenty four, this is the way the law is written. For some reason, the Trust Fund Board decided to spend or send fifty six million dollars to the city. But they get that on July the first, and they get it in four tranches July every quarter. So my argument to the board was that I hope they gauged the city's ability to spend that money, so that if you give them twenty five percent of that on July one, you need to find out on October one, whether they've even used it, whether they've spent it, because if they're not spending it, the trust fund should keep it and let it earn more money.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: So, like I said at the meeting at the Railway Trust Board, I was encouraged. I think I don't think we're that far apart in terms of considering that.
Speaker 2: Well, if someone can ray if there is some legal objection to this, you know, it's not consistent with the nature of the fund, the purpose of the fund. It would be a violation of our produciary duties to let ten percent of this money come out and go really anywhere other than existing infrastructure. They the board would be the ones to raise that type of challenge if it could be raised.
Speaker 1: Well, I wish they would, but it's really not clear how directly involved they're going to get like that. I think they're just want to turn on and off to spicett of money and then disclose to the public of what's happening with that money. I think they're going to leave it up to other parties to really well.
Speaker 2: I would think that they have a larger role than that in this entire equation.
Speaker 1: Todd would I would love that I recommended that they appoint a compliance officer that looks at the board's compliance as well as the city's compliance with the law. I recommend that back in November of twenty three. I don't think they're going to go that far, but that's what I would do.
Speaker 2: I nominate former Inspector General Todd Senser for that position. Anybody out there want to second that motion. Todd, thank you so much for coming in studio. Had no idea about this or the details of it. And you're the one that's got the era, like I said, hand on the pulse of what's going on in the city of Cincinnati. And I can't thank you enough. And I know the listeners appreciate what you're doing, and certainly I would like to think the residents of the City of Cincinnati do as well. We'll have you on back again real soon. Todd seven to fifty five come up with some fifty six George Brunhman from Restore Liberty dot Us. We're going to talk with him about health restore Wellness. That's his initiative. He's got going on now. Perfect timing for that. They'd have an event he wants to tell you about coming up on the twenty six as well, so stick around and be right back after the news covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 5: Every day America's deadline is over fifty five day the Flock Station.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by All State. Some people just know you could save money on