Speaker 1: Welcome to the guys. I you podcast. I am your host, Trevor. How is everybody doing out there? It's Monday morning? Is there anything worse? Not on my Mondays? Mondays are fine. But there was a time in my life and I'd have to get up at you know, five am, to get in my Chrysler Seabring and drive two and a half hours to some office in San Diego. Or I'd have to go fly to San Francisco to literally spend my entire day figuring how to extract more dollars from Medicare benefit sis. God, corporate healthcare.
Speaker 2: What a mess. Hallelujah.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that anymore. I'm dealing with the new, a brave, the brave new world of academia. Hanging in there, hanging in there. I hope you guys are hanging in there. And your jobs. I think every job has like some interesting political insight. You know, I'd be curious what you guys do.
Speaker 2: Shoot me an.
Speaker 1: Email, tell me the drama, tell me what's going on at your work. I'm very curious what you all do, you listeners. I suspect a lot of you probably drive a lot, or maybe work somewhere where you can have headphones in that that right there. Honestly, that's a blessing if you work somewhere where you can have headphones in. If you have my personality, some people don't like listening to stuff. Some people need social interaction. Not me. The cubicle is sort of often shown as the symbol of like loneliness and despair, but I disagree. Man, stick me in a cubicle. I got headphones. I've got a rectangle in my pocket where I can listen to anything.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Now, if I need to meet a certain productivity expectation, that takes some of the fun out of it. But anyway, I hope you guys are doing good. I've got kind of a weird episode for you tonight or today. Maybe weird is the wrong word, but I just I came across something. It's an old, very old article on the centurial as the eye of the cell. Now, this came up in the conversation with Michael Weist. I feel like I maybe vaguely heard this but forgot about it. It's super old research. It's like forty year old research at this point. But I found an article in a New science tists that is let's see eight plus twenty six, what is that? Thirty four years old? And I don't know how much more work has been done with this, if any. I mean, maybe there's just really not much more we can do. But it's about how the centrial might act as the eye of the cell, which I find that fascinating given what the central is. So first let's back up and explain it a little bit. So within every cell, and I think it is literally every cell, maybe not like a red blood cell or some cell that will no longer divide, just so you know. You know, red blood cells are essentially non living. You know, they're just bags of hemoglobin. They were living at one point they differentiated from something called a hematopoiitic stem cell. They became a reticulo site. But eventually everything goes away. No nucleus, no mitochondria, I don't believe, basically, nothing, just hemoglobin, and they only because for that reason they die fairly quickly in circulation and they're replaced. But with the exception of cells like that, basically everything has what's called a centrisme, and a centrisme exists at about the middle of the cell by the nucleus. Generally and every cell has it, and it's fascinating, like how important must this structure be that all cells have it. It's highly evolutionary can conserve. So it's not just human cells, it's all animal cells, all plant cells, all protozoa, all bacteria, I believe, basically everything.
Speaker 2: But viruses.
Speaker 1: Has a centrisme, which is kind of interesting in the context of like what is life? You know, viruses are sort of considered like maybe they're alive, maybe they're not. They sort of occupy this region between living and dead, and the fact that they don't have a centrosome kind of leads me to think, like maybe that is something. There's something critical there anyway, So what do they do well? A centrisome is made up of two structures called centrials, and this is interesting because the structure of the centrial, they're like two little barrels that always lie at right angles to one another. You can just google, you know, centrosome or centrioles. They are these two barrels that lie at right angles to each other, and they're composed of a triplet of triplets. This is a term that I'm using on purpose because this is becoming like a popular sort of like Tesla esque way of describing these patterns we see in biology the brain way, all these things are like triplets of triplets. There's a lot of numerology. It's not really nume. I think numerology is ridiculous, and anytime I see numerology, I get skeptical. But I'm trying to be more open minded. So anyway, so you see these triplets of a triplet and it is it's nine. Hold on one second, it's nine. What's please just google google centurial triplets or something. And there's these little tubulent subunits and there's like three of them, and then there's nine sets of three. So it's like a triplet of a triplet triplet. And so it's this interesting little structure, and you'll find that we like don't really know what it does or why it's shaped that way. We know that the microtubule sort of radiate out from the centrisome so that has something important to do with the microtubules, which we talk a lot about here. And another interesting thing about the centrosome, which is this thing that has two centrioles in it, is that it's like the first thing to duplicate during cellular division. So you have this cell, the DNA duplicates, and then before the nucleus dissolves so that the chromosomes can be separated, you get a new centrosome. And the reason for this is an arbitrary The centrosome basically like runs the process of mitosis. So you duplicate the centrosome and then these microtubules grow out from it, called kineticore microtubules, and they connect to this little structure I believe it's what is it called the centro mirror. There's this little protein structure that binds the sister chromatids together. If you've ever seen a chromosome, most likely what you're looking at is a double like a duplicated chromosome, it will look like an X. And so these are actually two identical copies of the same chromatid that are bound together by this thing called a centromere, this protein complex. And you you know, it's pretty important to keep the DNA organized right because you want each new daughter cell to have an exact copy of the genome. And so each little X is two copies bound together and a kineto coore from each chromosome.
Speaker 2: Uh chromos o. My, this gets crazy.
Speaker 1: A kinetic coore microtubule from each centrosome. You know, these twin pair of centrioles on either side of the cell, which just duplicated, you know, they just cloned themselves themselves, going into mitosis, the division of the cell. They have now grown these little kineticore microtubules and they connect, and so each chromosome, the pair of little sister chromatids, the centromere that binds them together, gets connected to buy a kineticore microtubule, one from each chromosome. And if you google google metaphase, for example, you can see that the centrosomes are pulling on the centromere. And what happens is all of the chromosomes align along the equator of the cell. It's called I think it's called like the metaphase plate. I forget. It's been a long time. I used to teach this stuff. Why don't you want to take a physiology class for me? Wouldn't it be fun? Those are the good old days. I missed that I was making good contract money on the side teaching physiology. Anyway, So all these centromeres get lined up and they're pulling on each other. Meanwhile, a new set of microtubules is growing out of the centrosomes. But these microtubules don't connect to the chromosomes. They connect to each other. So each centrosome has grown microtubules out When they run into each other, and rather than playing tug of war like the connecticore microtubules are doing to the chromosomes, they push against each other. And it's this process of pushing against each other that starts to split the cell in half. The cell starts to elongate, and so the centrisome is literally responsible not only for dividing up the genome into two identical sets of DNA, but also literally pushing the cell apart. And then there's this thing called the cleavage furrow where the you know, there's this little like spiderweb skeleton on the interface of the membrane, and you get these motor proteins that literally split the cell in half, and that's called cytokinesis. And then you get two daughter cells, two identical daughter cells. I think, what's fascinating about this? And this was always you know, sitting in the science class as a kid, It's like, okay, yeah, but what is regulating this? And then of course, and you know, as a kid, you just sort of believe that we have all the answers, you know, and so you ask a question, and really the only thing a teacher can do, and thus they're just very confident in themselves, which many aren't. Is sort of like dismiss the question to pretend like they answered your question, or to dismiss the question or make you feel dumb about the question, like there because there is no answer to this, like like what is the force? What is the instrument? What is the you know, what is the what is orchestrating this unbelievable complexity? Why is this centrism? This thing that we don't even know what it is. We can barely see it, it's so small. Where is this knowledge coming from? On how to do this? On how to align all the chromosomes, split them in half, push the pulls of the cell apart, like you know, every time we ask like a big why question, the answer is like some some like source of complexity, like like how is it that we experience consciousness and live in this world and have free will and act as agents? And you say, well, you have this unbelievably complex computer in your head called a brain, And it's like, oh, okay, that makes sense. You know, and it's like, how is it that these cells are so like autonomous and know what to do? And it's like, well, we have this crazy thing called a nucleus in the center of your cell and it's like a brain. Now, this is a totally incorrect metaphor, but that's generally like what a like a high school biology teacher might say, because there is no better answer, and so there's always something to point to you. With the centrisome, you're out of stuff because there is no unfathomably complex computer system to point to you as the conductor of this unbelievably complex mystery, which is you know, the splitting of the cell in half, and you can point to things like, oh, well, you know this chemical cascade triggers the process of mitosystem. It's like, okay, yeah, I'm not I'm not denying that there are like chemical and physical systems at play, but like, what is orchestrating this? You know, where does where does the where does this does this knowledge or ability come from? It's really difficult to believe because you look at the centrisome and it's essentially nothing.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: Nine triplets of tubulin and tubulin is this simple little bead shaped molecule, Like so where where where is the the fire? You know, as Stephen Hawking said, like what puts the fire in the equations? Like where is the fire that goes into these equations to make them real? I think it's cool that Stephen Hawking said that because it's like such, because he's such a you know, physicalist or reductionist or whatever. But like that is like the mystery, Like Okay, yeah, this is just a math equation. It describes something, but like where does the fire come from? Like where does the what's the source? And it's a question you know, scientists generally don't like to contend with because it sort of falls outside of the domain of science. But it's it is a I think it's silly, Like I see Sean Carroll and others, I can do this. It's like to just dismiss that. It's like what, that's nothing? What are you talking about? Don't ask stupid questions?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, bro, that's that's not a stupid question. That's the question.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: So as if that were not enough, this mystery the centrosome and the two centrials that comprise it, and the microtubules that radiate out from it. Apparently it does more than just mitosis. You'll also find centrials anywhere you need to move in a cell, like at the base of acilium or a flagellum, which is interesting because why would you need a centrial. You know, we have motor proteins, we have actin, we have tubulin. Why do we need a centrial at the base of each hair cell or at the base of a flagellum. It's not structurally important. I mean, people will try to like argue it is, but it doesn't seem to be. So it's just interesting because like moving with purpose, like moving in a way to seek goals, because that's what a cillium is for, that's what a flagellum is for, Like oh hey, there's over there, let me flap the tail and swim in that direction away from danger towards nutrients. Like this is a this is will. This is an expression of will. Now, don't like misunderstand me. It's a very simple expression of those things. But it is interesting that there is a central involved, Like why does there always seem to be a central involved when we get like some something that almost seems conscious, like the orchestration of cellular division or the implementation of movement. It's interesting because even like the cone cells in your eyes, like are basically modified cilium with centrials at their base. So centrils do something beyond well, we don't even really have a good explanation for what they do. But beyond whatever the most reductionist version is of what a central does, they clearly do something else.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: So here's like a forty year old story I'm going to read to you guys, and hopefully I cann't get through this without falling over my words too much. As I age, I really struggle with the reading, just like long blocks of text on a bright laptop screen.
Speaker 2: But here we go.
Speaker 1: Warm blooded animals radiate heat is infrared light, so they appear to glow and viewed with an infrared camera. Now, a researcher in the US believes that mammalian cells have an eye with which they may actually be able to detect this glow. That was pretty fascinating because cells very simple, and the ability to detect like, you know, I guess what you might call like an end quote's visual stimulus. It does sort of imply like a sense of agency that we don't normally give to cells. Now, of course it could all be reflexive, right. I'm not suggesting cells are conscious necessarily, but it is just an interesting way of thinking of what a cell is. Last year, Gunter Albrecht Buehler of the Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago demonstrated that mouse cells growing in culture will stretch towards sources of infrared light. He has shown that cells may see nearby cells by detecting infra red light. Now, of course, like the instinct, I would think if you have a tendency to believe like everything is.
Speaker 2: Sort of.
Speaker 1: Lifeless or autonomous, you might say would be that like, okay, well, infrared lights of physical property, and so there could sort of be some thing that happens, you know, like maybe it affects the electro chemical gradients, or maybe it affects, you know, some process in the cell that causes them to orient this way that has nothing to do with like a quote unquote visual experience, and that that might be true, but let me just keep itating to investigate this remarkable heat seeking ability. Albrecht Bueler studied hamster cells, which are elongated in shape. He places cells on one side of a thin sheet of glass and watched them grow more or less parallel to each other in a single layer. He then put cells on the other side of the glass, spread so that most of them did not touch their neighbors. After seven hours, he found that three quarters of the new cells had oriented themselves so that they crossed the cells on the other side of the glass at angles of more than forty five degrees. So it's published in PNASS Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. If the new cells had oriented themselves randomly, only about half of them would be expected to lie in this position, So they kind of are moving towards a right angle orientation or at least more than forty five degrees with their neighbors. So my understanding of that is like the shadow of the cells on the other side of the glass is like maybe sort of obstructing the light source, so that the other cells on the other side of the glass are like trying to move to be perpendicular to those cells to increase or exposure to the heat or the light. Maybe the cells behavior mimics something which occurs naturally, and some tissues cells form distinct layers, with the cells in each layer oriented perpendicularly to those cells in the layers above and below. This criss cross pattern gives the tissues extra strength. Albrecht Buehler repeated this experiment, but this time with one side of the glass coated with either nickel chromium alloy or silicon. Nickel chromium absorbs a visible and infrared light, where silicon absorbs most visible light but is transparent to red and infrared wavelengths. Now, this is pretty smart because he's basically testing whether or not it is.
Speaker 2: Light.
Speaker 1: The results were striking. When the glass sheet was coated with nickel chromium, cells did not grow in a criss cross pattern, So when it's opaque, no criss cross it. However, the pattern was not disrupted by the silicon coat. An reminder, the silicon coat is transparent to red and infrared wavelengths. Taken with Aubreac Bueller's earlier resort, this implies that the cells need to detect infrared light in order to arrange themselves in a criss cross pattern. The cells in the original layer radiate infrared light, and they may also alter the pattern of infrared light from other sources. Okay, so what does this tell us? Well, it tells us that the cells have a mechanism for sensing light. Now, of course, it does not imply that they have like a subjective experience of light. Right, Just like we talk about all the time with the heart problem of consciousness, you can imagine living beings, even humans, being able to detect sensory stimulus without being consciously aware of them. You know, you can imagine we would basically be autonomatons like zombies, where we are not aware of things, but we are indiscernibly human, you know, because we react. You know, we have this data bank of word meanings in our mind and you know, nonverbal cues like we can store all the data and react accordingly.
Speaker 2: You could.
Speaker 1: You know, a zombie could come into your house is call them an NPC, and you would talk to them for hours and you'd have no way of knowing that they're not having a conscious experience. This is really the problem with consciousness is it's you can't test whether something has it. There are signs, and we can make assumptions that you know, they're just like they're acting just like me, I have a conscious experience, Therefore they must.
Speaker 2: This is sort of.
Speaker 1: Where we're at, And so you could scale that way down to a single cell and say just assume like, well, of course they're not having a conscious experience, or it's just an autonomaton, like Okay, it senses light and there's some reflex, whether it's a chemical reflex or whatever. There's no neurons in a cell that's leading them to behave a certain way. This is a living organism. But really, I mean this is you know, there's no awareness, right, this is all reflexive and I kind of tend to believe that, but it is an assumption. I mean, you kind of have to admit it is an assumption, okay. Albert Peler thinks it unlikely that the new cells have reacted simply to the heating effects of infrared light. He calculates that the infrared light he's shown on mouse cells increase your temperature by only point zero zero zero zero one degree c. Also, he found that mal cells respond most to wavelengths of eight hundred to nine hundred animeters. Cells hardly reacted to wavelengths around twelve hundred animeters, even though water and cells absorb these wavelengths efficiently. I think the implication there is that these other wavelengths may be heat the tissue just as much. I'm not really sure that. I don't know much about the electromagnetic spectrum, So how then can cells detect infrared light? This is Bueler talking. The eye of the cell, I think is the pair of centrials. Centrials are organelles which look like short, fat cylinders. No one knows their function. I love that. I love that in science, and I love just saying it with courage. You know, no one knows what they do.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 1: Then some jerk who wants to look smart has to come along and say, well, actually, we do know that the tubulentce subunits grow out from the centrioles, and this gives rise to a sider skeleton, which gives a cell structure and support. And it's like, dude, shut up, that's not what we mean. That's not what we mean when we say no one knows what they do. God, people are so annoying. It's like it's you got to explain it. You can't just describe. I mean, listen, describe your observations, but don't imply that this is an explanation. Like it's so frustrating, Like okay, yeah, we get that they happen to be located at a point where all the microtubules converge, but that that doesn't have anything to do with their structure, Like you need to explain how their structure equals their function. You know, why are they nine pairs of three oriented at a right angle that don't actually make contact with the microtubules are just floating? Why you know you got to explain that. Well, you know, you get the cellamones of skeleton and these are therefore It's like, dude, shut up, shut up, like, don't be a know it all because you're wrong, you know, like you're not answering our question, like you want you want the brownie points from the teacher so bad. Well, actually I'm a genius, and it's like, dude, we know what you know. Okay, we just have the we have the like intellectual honesty to admit that that's not really an explanation, so sit down, okay.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Centrals are organelles which look like short, fat cylinders. No one knows their function, but they almost always occur in pairs, usually near the nucleus. The reason they say almost always is because they don't occur in peer in pairs like at the base of a cilium. And that's kind of interesting because I don't think we would really expect the base of like acilium to need to sense light. Right, let me google what it looks like central at the base of a cilium. Let me just make sure I got my facts straight here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: The cilium actually is basically a microtubule growing out from the centrial.
Speaker 2: That is so cool this picu.
Speaker 1: I wish you guys could see this picture. The centril is like it's kind of at a right angle to the microtubule though, very cool. Look at the cross section of a central it is so cool. Why like, why is it shaped that way? And it's just a hollow tube. It's inert. It's inert tubulent protein. Like how where where is the like orchestration coming from? God, It's such a freaking mystery. Okay, sorry, back to the paper. Usually appearing in the nucleus in a region called the center zomee. But I'll just believe that the centrism organizes it cells internal skeleton. But they do not know what roles centrils play in the centrism. The hilarious part is like this really all the centrosome is, It's two centrils and then a bunch of tubulin floating around. You know, got a lot of chemical like a chemical soup. So it's like, well, it's kind of funny to be like, well, we know what the central zome does, we just don't know what the centrals do. And it's like, bro, you don't Nothing you just said is true. Okay, centrals may be important in cellular division before cells divide, the pair of centrils duplicate themselves. And listen, let me just back up a second. I don't mean to criticize like trying to explain things, because I think it's sort of like admiral to make observations and propose theories and sort of like just just try to describe the world to.
Speaker 2: The best of your ability.
Speaker 1: I don't like sometimes and I think really a lot of times lately in science where we kind of take one more step and try to explain like like the why, like the base, like the like I'm not doing a good job explaining this. But it's like, okay, say you know it's like the centrisome, will the microtubules grow out, or that they push the cells of the park, they cause the cell to divide, they split the DNA in half. That's all great, say the observations, but then to just be like, okay, you know, mystery solves. You know, the centrisome does these things.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. It is what it does.
Speaker 1: And it's like, oh, dude, come on, are you yeah, like in curious, like non curious. I'm rambling. I'm sorry. I hope you get what I'm saying. Okay, centrals may be important in division. Before cells divide, the pair of centrials duplicate themselves, and the daughter pairs migrate to opposite ends of the cell, and chromosomes sort of do the same thing. They duplicate themselves. There they act as focal points for the array of filaments. Not really a correct way of writing that, you know, the array of microtubules. Filaments are a different structure anyway, which pull the chromosome into each of the two new cells. However, the exact role of centrils in cell division is not known, and plant cells divide successfully without them. Oh I didn't know that. That's interesting. That's very interesting, Albrect Bueler, I don't know anything about plants. Albret Bueler says the structure of centrils suggest but plants do have microtubules. Let me just confirm the plants have microtubules. Yes, plants have centrosomes. No, they use alternative structures like the pre prophase band and the nuclear envelope to organizer mitotic spindles. Centrisomes are completely absent in flowering plants and conifers. However, the flagellated sperm cells of non dude plants have sperm of some non flowering plants, like bryophytes and seedless vascular plants do contain centrals. What in the world, Well, that's interesting, okay. Albred Bueler says the structure of centrals suggests that they may be sensory organelles, perhaps detecting infrared light. Centrals are composed of fibers called microtubules, which usually occur as triplets of three microtubules joined together. Nine triplets are a rate or in the central circumference. Albrec Bueler believes the triplets act as blinds which intercept infrared light. Oh, that's interesting, which intercept infrared light? He suggests that next to each triplet there may be an infrared sensitive pigment. Not of maze and maybes, but still I like it. The nine triplets are arranged in such a way that infrared light from a point source will be intercepted by all but one of the triplets before it reaches the hypothetical pigment that may or may not exist. So a centurial could form a simple eye which assigned sources of infrared light to one of the nine regions around its circumference.
Speaker 2: That is so cool.
Speaker 1: The idea that centrils may act as eyes would explain why the centrial is in a pair almost always lie at right angles to each other. This arrangement is ideal for determining the three dimensional coordinates of an infrared light source. Also, centrials are sellular eyes. They are perfectly placed to affect the direction of a just sell crawls because this depends on the organization of the cells internal skeleton. Centrals occur in almost all eukaryotic cells, apart from the cells and higher plants, so if Albert Bueler's idea is correct, the ability to detect infrared like could be very widespread. Indeed, however, he admits that so far no infrared sensitive pigments have been found in centrals, although such pigments do occur in nature. Interesting centrals don't occur in plants. Plants don't explore their environment looking for food. They have a completely different way of navigating with their environment. And the one cell in a plant that does need to move, a sperm cell. I didn't know plants and sperm cells that can't be right does have central. So it's something about needing to like see into your environment so that you can navigate it. So you need to have a central. That is cool. That is so fricking cool.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, reading this in real time, I hadn't read that article, and we read it for the first time together. I saw the AI description. I knew it was gonna be interesting. But okay, so now we're going to this guy. He did a ted talk. Uh, he's done some interesting research about measuring really high frequency resonance in the brain and the it caught my eye because the name of the this is a ted X stock. The name of it was Triplets of triplets in the Universe. Triplets of triplets I'm trying to is super long, so I'm trying to find like the most particular I'm gonna jump rown. So in two thousand and seven to eight, I built a scanning tunneling microscope, not just to observe proteins, but to listen to their hidden rhythms. What I discovered was extraordinary. It does not matter how you trigger. Does not matter how you trigger. Proteins resonate at nine distinct frequencies organized into three intricate loops, a triplet of triplets. It was like stumbling upon a secret choreography embedded in nature's vortices or helical structures. I was expecting him to go immediately into microtubules. He doesn't really bring it up. I mean, he brings up microtubules. Let's jump ahead. Actually, let's just read this section. Okay, So this discovery changed my life. I realized that our current machines can't truly decode nature's language. So I begin modifying every characterization. Set up I encountered with antennas and signal generators in my pocket, I used to set up multiple computers focused on a single expression. I started uncovering time crystals everywhere. This is getting out there, I know, but this is something Stuart Hammerff says he describes microtubules as time crystals. I don't know why. I don't like the phrase, even if it's accurate. I just think it evokes like New Age stuff. But anyway, I started uncovering time crystals everywhere and thus finding primes Nature's pure bias free code, meaning prime numbers. Imagine striking a tuning fork. It vibrates steadily, perhaps two hundred and fifty six hirts, but in the biological world is far more complex. Instead of one tuning fork, there are hundreds, each ringing at different frequencies, like thousands of bells harmonizing endlessly with nature. This is the essence of life, a codex music of time, frequency, and motion orchestrated at every scale of existence. But we don't see that hidden pattern until we start counting rhythms. Um, Okay, what's absolutely thrilling is a universal present sense of triplet symmetry across all biomaterials size and structure. Notwithstanding, we uncover this pattern with the coils of alpha helices across entire proteins and stretching into the complex networks of microtubules and neurofilaments. Imagine this a counter for prime number of rhythms fundamental to processing information right in the cognitive powerhouse of our brains. Accounting device, not the rhythm itself. Really, this is a transcript, so it's kind of not written perfect. Unable to experiment with the full neural network, we took to the virtual realm. We crafted brain components in a computer, delved into Maxwell's equations to decode prime frequency groups, and even synthesized artificial organic materials mimicking brain vibrations. This led us to model the entire human brain as an autonomaton, a network of oneenty twenty three spheres, each a crystal of time. Energize them, and behold, a super automaton springs to life, A stunning testament to the complexities of biology machinery. Did I hate the thos? It's like, what are you saying? Like, what are you saying? I think that all sounds really cool, but like, what are you actually saying? Like you created a I don't know it sounds cool. I just I don't understand. So there I was finding primes across the brain's architecture, thirty one spinal nerves. I should mention there are sixty two spinal nurves, but there are thirty one pairs and thirty one is a prime number, So I'll give them that seven cortical column layers thirteen protofilaments in a microtubule. This is kind of interesting that he picked up on that and not the triplet of a triplet in a centurial. But uh and forty seven Broadman areas key to conscious thought processing primes are everywhere. Particularly striking was the recurrent prime number three, as if three interconnected rings formed a unit and multiple triplet the rings woven together into a resonating chain. In twenty fourteen, I postulated that, regardless of their appearance, when biomateials vibrate from the tiniest to the largest, they're linked by a continuous resonance chain. The universe itself, i argued, operates like an automaton made up of such time crystals, with each of us being a small part of this immense chain. I am a tiny automaton contributing to the whole automaton's function. However, I remain skeptical about this grand theory until twenty twenty, when we discovered that human cognitive functions, thoughts, emotions, anger, joy are all intricately connected by these triplet rules. This is where I got pretty excited, because it's like, maybe I'm taking the coincidence too far, But it just is interesting to me that the microtubule centrials is composed of a triplet of triplets of tubulent chains. And if you know, a lot of people think these microtubules are related to consciousness. It's just kind of interesting. We know, they resonate, you know, the tubuln sub units flip back and forth. It's like a giant vibrating abacus. You know, if you look at pictures of these microtubul networks in the brain, is really fad and you can imagine each of these little strings, usually green. The imaging techniques they use make them green, is made up of like millions of little beads that are flipping back and forth, and the rate of their flipping changes based on what you're doing. It's pretty cool, man. It's like as close to the Tesseract scene and Interstellar as you can get. You know, you can just imagine he's like drifting through a mind and there's all these vibrating strings. You know, it's pretty cool. I mean, let's be honest, it's very cool.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I will admit it just kind of goes off the rails here, but I'll keep I'll keep breathing with just three. I'm kind of skipping around so uh as my philosophical inside skiin traction, I was driven to dell deeper. I knew from the start that to explore the open root beer here multiple time domain simultaneously, I need to build machines from the ground up. The eeg Our electrone cephlogram has been around since eighteen seventy five, but by twenty nineteen we had engineered a new machine at my lab in Ranchy. He's at like a university in Japan, but he's Indians. I'm not I'm not sure which lab he's referring to. After meticulous studies involving two hundred and eighty nine human subjects, our findings were astounding. The cortex region of the brain amidst electromagnetic bursts and signals across twelve distinct time domains. The symmetry is a triplet of triplets fluctuated with changes in human mental states, mirroring the vibrations found in proteins. The implications were profound and frankly shocking. With just three clocks, we can form a triangle when we experience emotions, signals from our brain surface altars, crafting shapes from these clocks. I don't know what this is, but he says, using the dough decanogram. Oh, I think this is the DDG, the do deco do decano. It's a shape, right, like a dough.
Speaker 2: Decagon or something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm admitting my ignorance. In real time, we've measured time scales billions of times larger, and our experiments were subjects in dark rooms communicated wirelessly. What does that mean. It's a weird way of saying it. Why wouldn't you say like telepathic, Like you don't probably dont want to use that word. I guess communicated. I don't think he means he's calling someone on a wireless phone. That's why I brought that up. Merely by sensing each other's presence, we observed that megahertz vibrations transform into geometric shapes. A square signals happiness, a triangle sadness. These shapes, written in the language of time, revealed a profound connection between our feelings and the geometry of thought. Listen, I know I'm the last person who should say this, but I hate like the uber philosophization of this stuff, Like what did you actually observe? You know, like, explain it to me. What how did the signal form a square? Like what do you mean? Like, what do you mean? Where are you visualizing the data?
Speaker 2: Like what?
Speaker 1: I don't understand what you're saying, but you know it's a ted talk. So that's how they have to go. All right, Now he's back to an operation theater.
Speaker 2: Theater.
Speaker 1: This is just a way of describing like a surgical room. It's called an operation theater. There's usually like blue or green stuff draped over everything. It's a sterile field. You can't touch it. And uh, it's an intense place. I've been in one. I've been in some.
Speaker 2: Actually.
Speaker 1: I remember I was volunteering at a hospital and they asked me if I wanted to watch the surgery. I said sure. The orthopedic surgeon he walked in there like he was God. And you know what, from the patient's perspective, right he is. He's doing something that very few mortals can do. So like all due respect and props to the to the dawn. But he didn't look at anyone. He held his hands up. People rushed up to like put the stuff on his gloves or whatever. He was in there doing work. He didn't know anyone. He didn't know who anyone was. He didn't know anyone's name, so he just saw me standing there and assumed I worked there, and like I was trained.
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I was like a high school student. And he hands me like a scalpel, so I'm trying to be respectful, so instinctively I'm like, oh, I guess he wants me to take the scalpel away, like he's done with it, and so I reach out to grab it and he gives me the dirtiest look that I killed someone, and he hands it to someone else, and the main guy comes up to me. He's like, hey, you're never supposed to take something from a surgeon. You place your hands out flat and they set it into your hands. And it's like, hey, I'm I'm all for protocol, but like you should know who the people are in the room. If protocols taken that seriously, maybe like Okay, Tims, Steve, are you guys all work here? You're all what what's your role here? Are you a nurse? Are you a surgical tech?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I just thought it was funny, Like, yes, I'm all for taking protocol seriously anyway, Sorry tangent we're in an operation theater, the codes of triplets does not change. As we moved one hundred and nine orders from two nanometers to two meters with the neest sized subjects. We have studied at least twenty four to twenty five individuals at some hospital that I can't pronounce. In a gripping scene from an operating theater, we castured something extraordinary on video. A patient undergoing gallbladder surgery is deeply an esticide anesta size, yet their forehead shows bursts of megahertz activity similar to what we see in microtubules. Now, this is kind of interesting because the whole premise of like ork or are is orchestrated objective reduction is that anesthetics bind to microtubules. So it's interesting that there's still this app So it just must do something to them. I don't know what the theory actually is. As the patient awakens, something fascinating occurs. If they're right handed, the left side of their brain activates first, and the mega hurtz burst vanish triplet band the marker for an awake human, returns. You can see the left brains slowly come to life, followed by the right Okay, that's interesting. So there's some like super high frequency just kind of hum. When you're an scized, you're still alive. There's still movement, but it's incoherent. It's just everywhere at once. It's sort of there's no you know, you're not like embodied, right you're just sort of adrift and your unconscious. But then when you wake up, you get boom, you get patterning, you know, you get the triplet of a triplet, get the hemispheres activate. If you're right handed, first the left and the right can maybe comment on this quickly. Are you left brained or are you right brained? I'm asking you because this is like a very common misconception of wow, this works, like no one's left brained or right brained, like this is this is a made up thing. Okay, so here's the way it really works. If you're right handed, this is going to affect the mapping of cortical functioning. Okay, you're your language production center will be on the left if you're right handed. Okay, so it just it's it's a your brain forms around your hand dominance just because your hands in your brain are like wildly interconnected. This is you know, Leonardo da Vinci. I read about him a lot or sorry, there's all there's like a lot of studies about the masters like that. And there is this idea that using your hands to do creative things just like makes you a deeply intelligent person.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So he's a pain, sure, he's sketching things. There's like this mind eye hand connection.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: These things are sort of like when you're using these things to create things that have didn't exist before, you're like pulling these ideas out of the ether into the world with those three structures your mind, your eyes, in your hand. It's just something powerful and uniquely human. Anyway, So your handedness affects the mapping of your cortical functioning. If you're left handed, whatever areas would have normally been on the left side of your brain, if you had been right handed, they'll be flipped.
Speaker 2: They'll be on the right side of the brain.
Speaker 1: So people talked about, you know, dominant hemispheres, like you could be left brain dominant or right brain dominant. This is what they're referring to. It's what is the mapping. Okay, And in a right handed person, a lot of the things we typically associate with being quote unquote left brained would be in the left hemisphere. So if you take twenty right handed people and say are you left brained or right brain, and they might say, well, you know, i'm creative, so i'm right brain, or I'm this, I'm left brained. But we know you and I know they're all left hemisphere dominant because they're all right handed. Does that make sense? So it's just kind of a misinterpretation of the findings. There was like a Reader's Digest article about it, and ever since it's been left brain right brain. Now you know, there's great books about cortical specialization, like The Master and his Emissary. I encourage you to read it.
Speaker 2: But again, like.
Speaker 1: We I think we've sort of developed this like unconscious understanding that like the left hemisphere does one thing and the right hemisphere does another. But that's only true and right handed people and left handed people will be a mirror of that, and individuals aren't like quote unquote left brain or right brain because they're more or less creative. Right the creative centers and their mind wherever they are, are just more developed. Okay, so hopefully that makes sense. Anyway, last paragraph, I should have waited to tell that story. However, the forehead remains in a dormant state. Intriguingly, a vertical strip just above the nose and around the eyebrows stays unresponsive. The patient insists that they are fully awake, and while the EEG supports this, our Megahurtz marker tells a different story. It's not until these bursts disappear from the circular area between the eyebrows that the patient is truly conscious, fully aware, and remembering everything. From that point on, again we see transformations of geometric shapes and vibration packets. Instead of an EG based marker, we can use a Megahurtz marker as a true marker of consciousness. It is interesting because you do kind of have that moment between fully waking.
Speaker 2: And sleep.
Speaker 1: What do they call that, like liminal? That's not the right word, hypnagogic, I forget there's some word for it. I mean, you kind of have that. I don't know if it's the same way you know from anesthesia. But then he talks about an asteroid. They found some material on an asteroid that never have been discovered. It has the same triplet of triplet symmetry. Then he gets into the hidden role of primes. I'm just gonna jump at I think we're done. Getting kind of tired here equals MC squared.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe I can read.
Speaker 1: More of this, but I just thought it was interesting. The centurial is a mystery. It came up a few episodes ago, so I thought we'd dive into it a little bit. There are still a lot of mysteries and science. They discovered a new organelle in the eighties. They still don't know what it does. It's called a vault Google it vaults in cells. No idea what it does.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: We've known about the centrals forever, but we don't we It's like it's kind of like, I don't know. I'm trying to think of an analogy for this, because it's like, okay, what if aliens are studying me? Then one of the scientists was like, but but what's his function? What does he do? What's his what is the purpose of him? And you could craft an answer to that question that is just a description of my actions, Like, well, he wakes up, he seems it seems very important to him that he drives to this one location called the coffee shop every morning, and he drinks some fluid. It's probably critical to his to his sustenance, you know, to his operation as an organism. He does that, then he sits in front of a computer for a long length of time. Then he sort of just beats on the buttons, and then maybe he'll go on a walk. Sometimes he wrestles with these other little clones of his that are much smaller versions of himself, and then he's exhausted and goes to sleep. Not a bad day, right, not a bad day. But it's like okay, but clearly there's another way of explaining that, like what where where did he come from? Like what's what's the purpose of his existence? Like what was the first cause? You know, where did his environment come from? Where did the universe come from? Like does he is he a robot? Like is he an automaton? Well, I mean he claims no. We've been bugging his house and he claims to have this thing called an inner world and subjective experience.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, whatever, it's hogwash.
Speaker 1: He's clearly clearly his function is to consume the brown liquid from the coffee shop, bang on his keyboard, and keep his kids alive.
Speaker 2: That's his function.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, yeah, both things are kind of true, right, I mean, we're not really those are kind of two different questions, and I think the same thing for this humble little centurial. It's like, well, what does it do? Well, you know, it's in the middle of a cell and it seems to but it's like the how where does the fire? Where's the fire that animates and directs this thing? I like thinking of thinking of it as an I that's cool, so it could be like an eye. But also we know it resonates, and the question is why, and it is a triplet of triplets. Why the visual The visual explanation actually makes a lot of sense. But the fact that this triplet of triplet shows up in like a modified EG that measures megahertz resonance, is that an accident kind of doesn't seem like an accident.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Guys, thanks for thanks for listening. This was a This was a tough one. I'm tired. I hope you guys found that interesting. Please email me at God's Ie view book at gmail dot com. Really enjoy hearing from you. I've gotten lots of feedback. I think I get the sense that although you probably like the idea of continuing to do occasional interviews that you also enjoy this type of show. So since that's probably what I was going to do anyways, try to do interviews knowing I probably won't get that many because I'm just not that motivated to constantly bug people to interview them. We'll probably do something like that, but you know, feel free to encourage to give me names of people that you would like me to interview and I can try. I got an email for Rupert Sheldrake from a listener that would be That would be cool. That would be a big get.
Speaker 2: So I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: I'll let you know if we have anything cool lined up. Until then, see you tomorrow. Stay safe out there, God bless