Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for Ignition the Dynamite Grand Slam Preview, a prediction show.
Speaker 2: This is Kelson and this is Alex and we are going to go through our predictions for Grand Slam and see how far we get. But before we get into that, I think we wanted to touch on a few other topics.
Speaker 3: The one that.
Speaker 2: Comes to mind for me, there's a little bit of note news this week about Kevin Owens from WWE. His contract is supposed to be expiring soon, and it's reported that there's interest from Tony Kahan in giving spending some big money Kevin Owens his way. Potentially, you know, if WWE doesn't renew him, or maybe they would have to over pay. I don't know, but that is a guy that for me would be like my number one wished for a guy in in ae W He I've been a fan of Kevin Owens, like long before he was n XT Kevin Owens. I have some Ring of Honor DVDs of Kevin Owens when he was Kevin Steen Kill Steen Kill. I love Kevin Stein Now Kevin Owens I loved like when he was in Ring of Honor he was such a dirt bag piece of shit just he would spit and shoots not everywhere on.
Speaker 3: His opponents, and he kind of toned down.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh speaking of dirtbag pieces as shit. Yeah, did I read somewhere to Kevin Owens's pals with the Young Bucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was, you know, they they had a little uh in p w G. They had their group. It was the Rushmore of professional wrestling.
Speaker 3: It was the Young.
Speaker 2: Bucks, Adam Cole and Kevin Steen, you know, and they were in Ring of Honor for years. They had many a match with El Jenerico and Kevin Stein versus Young Bucks ladder wars. Like there's a lot of history with a lot of guys in the aw locker room. Kenny Omega was part of those Ring of Honor shows, Like, yeah, there's a lot, a lot of history. And I really think Kevin Steen, I don't want to. I think he's done a lot in WWE. He's been very successful. He's main event in WrestleMania Night Ones a few years in a row. But he the Kevin Stein that was in Ring of Honor, you know, he can't do it in WWE. It's just a little bit more family friendly, and I just feel like there's part of him that's probably jealous of guys like Christian Cage and m JF and the things they get to do and say on a e W.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh I I really, I have to be honest, I don't really know a whole lot about Kevin Ow and s Kevin Stein.
Speaker 1: So I'm interested. I mean, I know who he is and I've seen highlights, but I've not really invested time to actually watch his career. So I'm interested to see what happens with that.
Speaker 5: He's got a he's got a history with Jericho too. Yes, they were they were they were best friends for a minute, then they were against each other. So yeah, I definitely think that that would be an awesome addition.
Speaker 6: M H I think is missing a dirt bag heel. I know him, you have tried to be that, but I think could be the guy to be that.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, go ahead, Yeah, I was just gonna say yeah, because NJF. He's he's a well dressed preppy. He's a dirt bag, but just not in the same way that Kevin Dean is. He's loppy, he's like stains on his shirt, he's overweight, he's spitting and not and it's just a whole different thing that AW doesn't have another guy that can do that there. I just think it could be magic if it happened. But I'm sure Wwe is willing to pay him a lot of money to stay too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well that does anybody else else have anything they want to bring up before we get into the side of my Grand Slam preview prediction?
Speaker 6: I me, yeah, So I want to get pops to Dustin Rhodes. I saw after his closive matches there was a video of him and him and Sammy the Bar talking backstage after they're beat down at the collision. The man deserved his flower and I love him for it. But in the video he talks about he talks like a dad, and he said how proud he is of Sammy, and that kind of touched my heart as a dad of.
Speaker 1: Three kids.
Speaker 6: That really touched my heart that he's you know, he's willing to work with Sammy, who's had some trouble his past, and as we all know from Dustin's past, he's had a lot of trouble, so he's came along the way. So's anybody who can help Sammy revitalize his his image. I think it's uh, Dustin Rose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really interesting that that whole backstage interaction between Dustin and Sammy was really well done. And I think think it's really neat the way that they are I said neat, it's really interesting, the way they are really working meeting AAW is really working to make Fammy a baby face, and I think it's working. Who else has something they want to bring up? Wolf? Didn't you say you had something? No?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll try to keep this, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: Who's talking?
Speaker 8: Who's that talking? Rollin's give me one second. I'm going to try to make this short and sweet. I know we got a jam pack show. Just kind of following up with what Alex was saying. You know, I was a fan growing up during the nineties. We had multiple promotions. The biggest exciting factor of that was just talent jumping shit. So it doesn't matter if you're a WW fan and AW fan, folks enjoy this time. This is an exciting time. You get to see, you know, possibly Kevin Owens or Kevin Stein coming into all of wrestling, and then on the flip side of that, possibly Daniel Garcia going to the WWE. These are exciting times and it's it's important for the for the industry to have this competition so that those options are available. Go ahead, Rolins, I didn't mean to cut you off, pal.
Speaker 7: No, you're fine.
Speaker 9: No, We'll get more into this in like the actual preview. And I understand why Danielson versus Nigel is going to be the main event, but if it were up to me, I would actually have John Moxley versus Darby Allen with the number one contender title on the line, I would have that as the main event for Grand Slam tomorrow night.
Speaker 7: That's just my opinion.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna bring up something and it's gonna be real quick. And what I'm interested to seeing is we have the BCC. I kind of think that what Wheeler you is doing is a swerve. I don't believe that he is actually disappointed. I think it's a game. But one of the things that I'm really interested to see is who the BCC feuds with, actually has a feud with. And the outlier here, the wild card here is Marina Shaffir. They need to feud with somebody that can bring a woman into their mix. I mean, you have top flight with Layla Gray. But Leila Gray is actually in New Japan right now. She's training. They're investing time in Laylah Gray, which is really good to see, and she's gonna come out of that looking a lot better. What do you guys think. I mean, I'm thinking maybe the House of Black Marina Shafir versus Julia Hart. The only thing that really doesn't make sense there is that BCC looks like they're gonna be a heel faction with Marina Shaffir, and the House of Black is a tweeter faction, as Sutton usually calls them. Uh they're not really heels, they're not really babyfaces. Uh yeah, I mean they're gonna be getting women involved in faction warfare. Looks like with Marina Shaffir Julia Hart, there's gonna be some other people, other women that can get involved here. Look at Willow Knightingale with the Conglomeration. I do not want to see the BCC going against the conglomeration. By the way, I think the conglomeration needs a little bit of a break and a breather.
Speaker 5: So I think personally, personally, I think they're gonna go against everybody. I don't think it's gonna be one particular group that they're gonna go against. I think they're they're they're setting their sights on cleaning up ae w.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about major feuds here. I'm talking to I agree with what you're saying, But Marina Shaffir, if they go against everybody, Marina Shaffir is going to be on an island. You can't expect her to realistically beat up every man on because that's just gonna be stupid. That would be just week after week Marina Shaffir beating up you know, a faction full of bends. So they are going to have to put women with some factions.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm not saying that, but I'm just saying, you know, it's gonna be more of a it's I don't think they're gonna have a particular group they want to focus on. It's gonna be I don't think it's gonna be like a long drawn out feud with somebody. Eventually. I'm kind of thinking that the the elite adding monet might be their target.
Speaker 1: M that that could be. That could be very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like yeah, I want to chime in. I really like Colson's idea of House of blackfeuding with them because as a die hard House of Black fan, House, Yeah, House of Black fan, I really feel like, you know, a lot of times, it feels like they could have done so much more at so many times in AW and the BCC seemed to be all about people underachieving and trying to push them to greater heights. So I do like that match up a lot. If they're you know, going to them and saying, hey, you guys have so much more to offer, and you guys have been maybe phoning it in type of thing and challenging them to to step it up, I do like that.
Speaker 10: I want to weigh in on this one a little bit. I I like the idea, don't get me wrong, of Marina Shaffir running around with mocks and the potential of feuding with another group that has a woman. But to me, AW is doing everything but making women's tag team belts and giving us more women's matches, So I think the concentration should be more so on that than pairing up women with more men to wrestle. I would like to see more women's matches and women's tag team champs. So that's just my take on the whole thing anybody else.
Speaker 1: That I've been a proponent for women's tag belts for months and months and months now, and I hate to say it, but I'm kind of giving up on it because I'm sorry, but FTW over the women's tag belts that that makes little to zero sense to me.
Speaker 10: Maybe will beat up on Hook.
Speaker 1: One can always hope.
Speaker 10: We can hope.
Speaker 2: So it's funny because like all the potential women's tag teams just they break up, like Willow and stat Maria May and Tony. They don't last long together in the world of Awe.
Speaker 1: In the aw Galaxy. So now let's go ahead and move on to the Dynamite Grand Slam preview of predictions. We're gonna do the Dynamite Card first. If we have time, we'll delve into the Collision Card. Let's hear every buddy's thoughts about the matches and predictions. Alex, I'm gonna leave it to you to pick which match you want to talk about first.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm gonna pick the the World Tag Team Championship match between will oas Play and Carl Fletcher versus the Young Bucks. You know I'm gonna say I predict the Young Bucks win here. I don't think this is going to be the end of the line for their tag team title run.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't see them putting another belt on will Ospray right away, But I am excited for this match just because I don't. I can't remember in recent memories a Young Bucks match where they were really against another equally talented, high flying, kind of capable guy like will Ospray. They've had matches against like the Acclaimed recently FDR, but I'm looking forward to kind of a more traditional Young Bucks match. I think it'll be a great match. It could be the match of the night just wrestling wise. Yeah, so as well, I'm excited for this one.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I think we got Wolf first up.
Speaker 1: Wolf had to step away for a second, So go to the Ducks.
Speaker 3: Person, Okay, Net it is your turn.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 10: I think the Young Bucks are gonna win this one. I agree that it's not time for the end of their title reign, yet I think it's gonna be very good. I think that Fletcher and Osbury bring enough to challenge the Young Bucks. Sometimes when I watch the Young Bucks, I feel like they're not taking their matches very seriously, and it seems like they're not getting a real challenge out of things. That could be just them hamming it up and acting like everyone is kind of beneath them. But I would really like to see them have to fight for things. So I'm looking forward to this one. But I do think that the Young Bucks are ultimately going to come out on top. So that's my prediction.
Speaker 1: Who is right?
Speaker 10: Yeah, don't you there.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry I got on a wrong section there.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get it back.
Speaker 5: I think the problem with the Bucks lately is I don't remember them having a great match since they went up against the Luci Bros. A few years ago. They've been in that scene, like fpr acclaimed, you know, they been with those guys for almost a year. They've been wrestling those guys, so it's kind of like they've gotten to a point where it's old. I unfortunately think they will win. I'd rather see it go to somebody else because I'm a little tired of their run. But you know it, it's probably going to be a little bit longer before they lose. But yeah, I think it'll be a great match. You might be right, Alex, it might be the match of the night, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, Rawlics. What do you think on this?
Speaker 9: I don't love First of all, I love that will Osprey has won basically all of the Gaunt because all of these Casino Gauntlet matches so far except for obviously the one that all in. But so I would like to see a little bit of change in that, not just have Ospray win every single time, whether it's tag team or singles. But in terms of this match, I totally understand what you're saying that in terms of like the Young Bucks maybe feeling like they're above the rest of the tag team division. Personally, I liked the Triple Threat match at all in with them FTR and the Acclaimed, But I'm glad we're getting we're basically drawing a line under Young Bucks FTR because I'm tired of that.
Speaker 7: But in terms of.
Speaker 9: This, it should be a fantastic match. But Matthew and Nicholas Jackson, I don't see them losing their tag titles until at least either Full Gear or most likely Worldsend when the Elite World maybe comes to an end something like that.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's go to MK.
Speaker 6: So I'm in agreeance with everybody else. I think Young Bucks are going to win. I think it's gonna be by Shenanigans because you can't have Will Osprey lose flat out. Something's gonna happen, O'cata Perry. I don't know. Somebody will get involved eating Brandon Cutler for all I care, But I don't think Osprey leaves his clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm gonna have to agree with you there, mkay. I just don't see this as being in a clean match. I for some reason, I have it in my mind that this is gonna be somewhat of an extension. I've got to also agree with Rawlins in that you know, Osprey is winning a lot of these special matches to get into these title shots. Let's hope that we don't have a women in Scotland and Wilhelmina Ospar wins that. So I don't know. I mean, we've got to turn something around. So I pick my pick is neither of them win. I think that this is going to be a clean anyway. I think this is going to be a disqualification on one one side or the other. I'm not saying that the Bucks are going to get disqualified. Maybe the don Kallis family steps in. Maybe Powerhouse Hobs comes back and makes a uh, makes a mistake I don't know, and causes a disqualification. So let's move on to another match. I this is one that I kind of find somewhat interesting and somewhat annoying, and that's the Hangman Adam Page against Jeff Jarrett match. We talked about this last week where I even said Jeff Jarrett against Hangman Adam Page, Nah, that's not gonna happen. That's not gonna happen to Grand Slam. I was wrong. It definitely is happening. This is the uh the Lumberjacks strap match. Wouldn't it be interesting if Prince Nana or even swer Strickland was one of the Lumberjacks that would distract the hell out of hag Man Adam Page. I haven't feel like Handman added Page is going to come out of this one with the bruise back, but he's also gonna come out of this one with a win. So let's go over to We go to not because I'm all confused because that went first this last time because unfortunately Wolf had to leave, So we'll go right to Sutton.
Speaker 5: So it's gonna be a good match. I mean, jif Garrett puts on matches still that are decent, the Lumberjacks are going to be interesting. You know, you're gonna have Jared's Lil Klan out there and they're gonna they're gonna help beat on Page. I don't know, it's it's just gonna be one of those matches that it'll be good. I don't think it'll be great, but it'll be decent.
Speaker 1: It'll be entertaining, yeah, for sure, but it's not gonna be like the Match of the Night contender.
Speaker 5: I know I would actually put this match first and get it over with.
Speaker 1: Okay, you never know, Rollins, what do you think.
Speaker 9: I thought we were gonna get this singles match at all?
Speaker 7: In so that surprised me.
Speaker 9: But Sutton, as much as I've hated on Jeff Jerry in the past, Kelson, you know I'm talking about. I think this match is gonna be way better than you're giving it credit for. Like since Hangman has come back, first of all, this care he has right now is absolutely fantastic, where he's just a total you that tick that goes Insanye any chance he gets all because of Swerve Strickland, and I like the work Jeff Jarrett is doing now, So I think this match is gonna be a lot better than your giving it credit for Siddon.
Speaker 5: I just I just don't think it's gonna be that that big a match. I mean, it'll be fun to us because you're gonna have one guy get thrown out one side, one guy get thrown out the other side. They're gonna have the strap one. It's just gonna be one of those matches that it's gonna be good. I just don't think it's gonna be great.
Speaker 9: Let me ask you a question, though, does aid when AW does a strap match, do they miss them think about it?
Speaker 5: Well, they don't do traditional strap matches because the traditional strap matches you have to take the person to each corner and hit four consecutive corners. They don't do that. That's a traditional strap match, and they just strap them.
Speaker 1: Together and let them go. Am I wrong here?
Speaker 7: Something?
Speaker 1: Am I wrong here? And saying that this is definitely not a from what I'm understanding is they are not going to be strapped together in the ring. It's the lumberjacks that are going to have the straps.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait a minute, what then?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: I had not heard that and that makes absolutely no sense.
Speaker 1: That's just why why would you do that based on the promo, That's what it sounded like to me.
Speaker 5: Well, my son just told me after I went on thing that they're saying that something in the advertising about what's this match before you see it on Saturday. I don't, I don't know, he said. He told me it was said it's good for collision. But I'm like, it's not saying that on anything I've seen. So it's just that is weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll see what happens. Oh hell, okay, okay, let's go to you and hear what your thoughts are.
Speaker 6: So I think, honestly, Jeff Jarr is gonna go to the woodshed, as j R. Would say, and get the crap be out of him. He's gonna, I don't. I imagine they're gonna be strapped together, but I don't see it. I see there's the four corners match. They can both have that that strap. They're gonna beat the crap edge of the box with it, and uh, Jeff Chair's gonna end up the leasing and probably take take some time off.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 10: I don't know. I don't know what's going on with this match, so.
Speaker 7: I yeah, obviously.
Speaker 10: I think it's I think Hangman will win, but I think that they're giving us this match is more of a story building match than they then, I don't know, a real entertainment value match. Maybe some kind of long term story with Jeff Jarrett fighting his own demons somewhere down the road. I don't know, but I think Hangman will ultimately win, and yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna be interesting. I wonder who the Lumberjacks are and what is going on, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't really explain this match very well, I guess because I've confused. But then again I confuse what I tie my shoe in the morning. I understand that I just said shoe news. No, I don't type both of them too normal anyway, Alex, what are your thoughts on this match and bring us into the next one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Jeff Jared to me, he's not really a threat to hang in Adam Page. So I'm picking Hangman to win, and I think it'd be a shame if anything else happened. I do like the Lumberjack part of it because presumably Hangman has made enemies with everybody else in AW, so it's gonna be just Hangman surrounded by people that don't like him. So that part I'm into. But it is a weird match. I don't know what else to say. And moving into the next match we're going to talk about, I'm gonna choose definitely Kelson's favorite match on the card, the ft Championship match. We have Roderick's strong, challenging Hook for the FTW title. Yeah, I'm hoping this few doesn't keep going after this match, and I'm gonna pick Hook to retain. It seems like he is just if he's not the FTW champion, then he will be fighting to get the FTW Championship back and that's just going to be the rest of Hook's life, it seems. Yeah, oh yeah, I'm picking Hook to retain. And I guess next up to talk about it is.
Speaker 7: Yes, Helson.
Speaker 9: If we talk about the FTW Championship and Hook up, our old friend might come back, but.
Speaker 1: Only the Matchson.
Speaker 9: That's true because you our friends Sleazy was obsessed with the FTW tile. But in terms of this match, it's just kind of there I don't really care either way. I never understood the point of Hook feuding with Chris Jericho over the FTW Championship in the first place.
Speaker 7: So yeah, that's it. I don't have anything else.
Speaker 1: I gos anyway, Let's go to eb K.
Speaker 6: So I had the feeling this is gonna be a match of throwing people around, gonna be Superplux versus Backbreaker. I don't I've said him many times before. I don't care about Hook. I would be fine if he honestly went somewhere, went to ring him honor, went somewhere else. I just don't get the love affair that Tony has with Hook.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Matt, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 10: No matter who wins this match, I feel like me, as a fan loses, so I said, So I agree, though I don't know what the obsession is with Hook. There there's more that could be done with both him and Roderick Strong. And I'm saying that as someone who does not like Roderick Strong. But I don't know why this is going on. I wish they'd retire that belt and find something more useful to do with each of those wrestlers. What I don't know, but but not this match. No. So I see Hook winning because he's he's either winning that belt or he's trying to win that belt. That seems to be his whole character, so I think he's going to keep it. Mm hmm, that's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, suck did us with your best shot?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I can't stand roder Strong. This match is going to be a waste because of him more than any anything. I get why they do with I mean, they're gonna keep the FTW title around and Hook's going to be a big deal as long as his dad is still there. And that's what it comes down to. I mean, I think it could be great if he was giving or given a different direction, but it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could sum it up the way I feel in about three sentences. I don't and have never given a shit about the FTW title. Right now, I don't give a shit about Hook, and right now I don't give a shit about Roderick Strong. I don't give a shit about this match. So let's move on. Was that?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Was that? Uh? I hate being negative, but this match is shit. It is. I'm sorry, but it is. God. Well, let's talk about the women's match. Mariah May against Yukaza Kazaki. Look, I don't think the yu Kazakazaki gets the credit that she deserves, and I think that Mariah May is not getting the credit that she deserves either. I mean, the crowd in Wilkespeare where I was, gave Mariah May literally no reaction whatsoever. They gave y Kazakazaki a lot of reaction. Uh Yuka is a tough cookie. That's her character. She's a brawler. She's cute and bubbly and nice, and she's like dad housing without makeup. She's very nice, very evil. She'll rip your head off and whatever do stuff down your throat that you don't yeh shit down your throat. I'm using that word a lot tonight. So anyway, there is no chance in hell that Yakazakazaki wins this match. However, she may not lose it. Mariah May has already been disqualified once. I wouldn't mind to see Mariah May get disqualified again.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think this this particular feud is a good one. I'm interested to see whether Mariah uh Mina Shirakawa comes back. Mita Shikawa did make a statement, you know, on a video that she is coming back. Will it be a Grand Slam, it's a big stage. Might as well bring her back. As far as the winner goes, it's gonna be Mariah May Unless there's a disqualification. There's no chance whatsoever y Kasakazaki wins is this match. I hate to break it to Yuka fans, but it's it's the truth. Okay, let's go to you.
Speaker 6: You know I tend to agree with you. Well, who all know that she's not gonna win. But I think it's gonna be a good, very good match. I think it'll be an underrated match at that point. But I don't even know who this girl is. I haven't really been paying attention to Dynamite in those matches yet, but has been a kind of underwhelming. But I don't know if that's looking's faul. I don't think it's Maria's fault at all. But they need to figure out something to get the steam back. Maybe maybe Tony coming back or men. I don't know that something has to happen.
Speaker 1: All right, that what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 10: Sorry? I think that Mariah will win, of course. I think it's gonna be good though. I think we'll see them fighting again somewhere down the line, but Mariah. I also think that Mariah needs something. She's cooled off quite a bit and we need to bring some fire back to her. I don't know how, but she's missing something and I would like to see her developed a little bit more, do a little bit more, and I think overall it will be a good match. I found it pretty funny when Mariah was calling Yuka ten years old and referring to her as a child. So maybe there'll be some good insults there. Nothing else.
Speaker 1: We'll see, we will see something. What do you have to say about this?
Speaker 5: Mariah's gonna win, but it's gonna be a dequ I think that the thing she's missing is Tony Stormy. I think they had a great storyline, but I think it might have went They might have done it too long to make it so that now people are like, well, but she's not as good because Tony's not here, and I think that's what's missing. I think this qualification is going to become because tonight tomorrow night, because I think Mina's gonna come out and she's going to do one of two things. She's either gonna come in the ring and then take out Yuka or she's going to come in the ring and side with her side against May and set up a match for them down the road. That's just I just think that's what's gonna happen tomorrow.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Rawlin's let's hear your.
Speaker 7: Thoughts after she won the title.
Speaker 9: I thought you gonna get like a big time feud, you know, like like, for example, a Willow Nightingale or somebody of that caliber. And it just feels like Yukasakazaki was not the right first opponent, if you will, for Mariah And it could be like what a few other people have said on here that Tony Storm's not around. But it's just like, I feel like you need like a thunder Rosa or a will of Nightingale, somebody like that to really get me interested in a Mariah May storyline. I guess coming off of everything with Tony Storm.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Well, Alex, what are your thoughts here? Got on? Mute Alex?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's try again.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I do think Mariah May will win this. I think there's no chance Yuka wins, but it's nice to see Yukasakazaki actually competing on Dynamite. I I think it's been years with their injury and then losing time, so you know, I could see them prolonging this feud a little bit. Maybe Mina shir Kawa comes back, and then that sets up up a tag match at the next pay per view between like Yuka and Riho, who we haven't seen for a little while, but it's kind of linked with Yuka.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've got I've got.
Speaker 1: Let me interjects up to there on, Alex, let me ask you this. Let's say that the way Mina Shira Kwa shows up is that after the match, Mariah May beats down yu Kazakazaki and then Mina Shira Kylea comes out and she stands between Mariah May and Yukaza Kazaki.
Speaker 11: I feel like, yeah, I think she stands.
Speaker 1: Between them, But then I think that that Mina turns heel and starts beating up Yukaza Kazaki. But I have a different idea in that not Mina comes out, but Anna Jay comes out because they've been building her up. She's already made a statement that she's going after the World Championship and the TBS champion, so so she's going after Mariah and and Mercedes, and she comes out and gets in between them, and then Mina comes out. Then you set up something attag match with Maria May and Mina Shirakawa against Anti Ja or Yukaza Kazaki. Although if they go at angle where Yukaza Kazaki is beat up too bad, maybe Mariah May counts calls on one of her old friends to come back with her meeting. One of two people could be Tamelo again Taylo and Aig against Mariah May and Mina Shirakawa, or possibly, if not Ta Melo, maybe Azumi so Yeah or or azm so By kind of hoping for them to find a way to get Tamelo involved in this. Right, Alex, what what?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 1: What do you want to talk about next?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, let's talk about Brian Danielson versus Nigel McGinnis. I'm on the fence if this match is actually even going to happen, because you know the stipulation if Brian is cleared to wrestle. I think we'll know if it's going to happen or not based on when it happens. If all the other matches have happened, then there's twenty minutes left, then it'll probably happen. If it's in the middle of the card, then maybe not. Anyways, I really liked Nigel's performance on Collision, and I think Kelson you had mentioned this before about him doing something weird with his mouth the whole time. Yeah, he was still doing that. It's making monkey faces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: In the picture for Grand Slam, he's making the same monkey face. So maybe that's like a reference to a face he used to make and Ring of Honor.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 11: It's I don't know.
Speaker 1: He didn't do it as much on the promo he did at the end of the Collision as he did in the first promo he did, or he actually challenged Brian Danielson. But yeah, it makes that It almost seems like he has dentures and they're falling out and he's making a face to pull it back in.
Speaker 2: I was thinking that because you had mentioned that, so I was looking very uh hard at his teeth. It looks like he has just normal teeth.
Speaker 11: So I don't know what it is, but he doesn't.
Speaker 1: I was even I was even thinking of it back my mind, and I know this is wrong. It's like Nigel McGinnis will be perfect for the next Planet of the Apes movie. Because he wouldn't need that much. Bakerp It's so wrong on so many levels because I like the guy, but he makes it he does he's making that weird ape face. I don't you know, and it's it's there's no other way for me to describe it.
Speaker 10: And I wonder why he's doing that. Maybe it's something that only him and Danielson know about.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, it's an insight joke.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's just as a real difficult time keeping his gum in his mouth. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be like nerves.
Speaker 2: You know, it is his first time doing a wrestling promo on live TV and along time even though he's you know, talking constantly.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a little weird. I just thought i'd call that out. But I did like his promo. I like his angle of you know, he could have had Danielson's career, but he he didn't for certain reasons. If this match does happen, Brian Danielson has to win. I think there's no way that he loses.
Speaker 11: But uh, do you think there's.
Speaker 1: Any way this match doesn't happen, Alex, I kind of.
Speaker 2: Do I think there's you know, maybe maybe a ten to twenty percent chance it doesn't happen, and it's setting up something further down the line. I think this match has to happen, but maybe not this day.
Speaker 1: I think the crowd would probably storm the ring and beat the hell out of Tony Con if this match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be bad promoting, I think. Yeah, I imagine that don't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would you be setting it up for what three four weeks now? And well, Brian Danielson is still not coming, So thank you, kay, good night everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I think that's up first.
Speaker 10: Yeah, go ahead, Okay, are we still talking about the Danielson Nigel match? Yes we are, Okay, Okay, of course. I think Danielson will win. I don't I don't know that they'll actually wrestle tomorrow. I think maybe Danielson will come out to make an announcement that he's not ready to wrestle yet, and maybe he'll be ready. He's gonna say he'll be ready by I wrestle dream and Nigel will attack him. I kind of think that that's what's going to happen. So I think they're going to build it up to a fever pitch Frenzy a little bit more before they actually do wrestle. I'm looking forward to it though, so I think it's going to be really, really good, and they they pulled one over on me. I did not expect Nigel to be wrestling again, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 7: We'll see.
Speaker 10: Who is next.
Speaker 11: That would be me, that would be.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 5: I see it happening, but I don't see it lasting very long. Like I said, you know, Nigel's been out of the ring for ten over ten years. He's had one fifteen minute thory in the in the Gauntlet match, and I just don't think that this match makes sense now if he's gonna wrestle Danielson, I think he needs a few other matches before that, get him some time in the ring to get his ring rust out, because I just can't see him lasting with Danielson. Danielsen's been going every day every week he's wrestling, and I just I don't know. I could see Tony putting it off, but I don't think for Wrestle Dream, because whoever wins the mox Derby match is getting that shot at Wrestle Dream.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Rollins, what are your thoughts.
Speaker 9: So as I said in my Poe Purri, I don't think this match should be the main event. I think Moxley versus Darby should be the main event. But we can talk about that more when we get to Moxley versus Darby. I think the build to this match for Danielsen versus Nige has been so weird, partially because of everything with Moxley and Darby, with Moxley saying, oh, Danielson's not gonna make it to Grand Slam, so Darby you're not getting your title shot, but then Nigel comes out and says, hey, Danielson, you you should face me a Grand Slam. It's been very weird. So I think Danielsen wins if the match happens, but the whole thing's just kind of been very weird and not very clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what do you have to say?
Speaker 6: I don't think there's no way you advertise this as much they had and build it up and have have Nigel appear out of nowhere basically at all land and do his thing just to not have the match. I think if anybody can can work a match with someone like Nigel and make it look good, it's Brian Danielson because he can wrestle up broom and be just fine. So uh but I do see by Danilson, when winning it's gonna be a show off match. But people love nostalgia and this is why this is happening or else that wouldn't have happened now because people so many people want it that we can't put it off. If they put it off, Like you said, Kelson, I think people storm the ring because people want to feel bad. And the massive pop that Nigel got and he's ready because he took some massive bumps. I mean those bumps at all, Landa were not messing around. He's ready, Nigel. I don't know by Danielson, but yeah, yeah, no, I you.
Speaker 1: Know, I have to agree with pretty much everybody, specifically with some of the things that MK said and what what Rolin said. Yeah, the lead up to this has been weird because and I totally agree with that because look, we had AW put a two hour plus video the best of Nigel Beginness up this week on their AW YouTube channel, the Road to Grand Slam, which is another video that they produced. Now that video is only like ten or twelve minutes long or something like that, but they dedicated a lot of time to Nigel beginnings versus Daniel Daniel Garcia Brian Danielson. So it with all that promotion and of course Vigel coming out to the ring and doing promos a couple of times, and all the other vignettes that they've had, it would make zero sense for them to pull the rug out from under the fans and say, well, Danielson is not ready to go, so thank you for coming. Good night everybody. No, that's not going to happen. We are going to see something. If there's not a match, there's going to be a beatdown of some sort involving Brian Danielson. I just know where this goes. I really don't. If the match does happen, there is no way that Danielson's losing the match. But it is what it is. We'll have to see what happens. Let's move on. Oh and MK had to go pick up his daughter from work, so we've lost somebody. Now let's talk about the final match that we can talk about, and that's John Moxley against Darby Allen. And this makes no sense to me whatsoever at all. I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Why just why I why are you having this match for Darby Allen earned.
Speaker 1: His world title shot weeks and weeks and weeks ago. And I understand Darby Allen's not going to back down from anybody. That's his character. Okay, And but again, if the Nige Will Beginners match with Brian Danielson happens, it doesn't make sense. This doesn't make sense. That being said, I'm not a fan of this match and I don't care who is it because it's a stupid match. It really is. This is one of those you've heard of no brainers. This is a no brainer. I mean, this is no brains brainer. I don't get this match. I will never get this match. It doesn't make sense to me. I'm sorry, I don't. I don't. I don't understand this match. Have I said that enough? Something save me.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing. I get why they're doing it. They want to give They want to put this whole, continuous, whole Danielson Mox thing. It makes no sense. They could have did this so different. They could have had Mox come out during the Darby Danielson match and got him involved in it. There Nigel, I don't. I don't see Nigel and Danielson as being a pay per view or a pay per view style match. I don't think it should have been here. I think it should have been later after they could have been after he had to match with Darby, because you you talk about setting up the three two three weeks of set up for Danielson and Nigel. Darby's been been holding this thing for a month, month and a half, two months, so to change it like this and go, well, you know, Max saying he can't wrestle, and then it just does You're right, Hell, it makes no sense, But I understand that they're going to. I don't think this is going to have a conclusion. I don't think there's gonna be a winner. I think it's gonna set up a match for uh Wrestle Dream that might be a three way uh if not, I think Darby's gonna win just because I think Darby's gonna be the champ at Russell Dream if he wrestles Danielson. I just see that happening there since it's its home town.
Speaker 1: Some good points there, Rollins, What do you think, Kelson?
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, but you are talking out of your rass with this match. I am sure the build I'll give you and I'm Sutton, oh.
Speaker 12: Craig in the regard that, yes, the build has been a little bit weird, And again it ties back into what I was saying with Nigel and Danielson and all that.
Speaker 7: But I honestly cannot call a winner on this matter.
Speaker 9: T Raight now, I could see I can make an argument for uh Darby. I can make an argument for Moxley because it just brought Moxley back.
Speaker 7: He established this new version.
Speaker 9: Of the BCC suffocated Daniel saying with a plastic bag.
Speaker 7: But at the same time, Diet.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry Darby earned this title shine Now he's the one playing on the line, so it could go either way.
Speaker 7: I can't wait for this match.
Speaker 9: As I've said multiple times, I think this should be the main event, not nigh Joe versus Daniel Saying, because Moxley versus Darby has a lot more stakes. I think it's gonna be a lot more violent, and I can't wait for this match.
Speaker 7: It is gonna for me, it's gonna be match of the night.
Speaker 1: When you talk about a little bit weird having false teeth, but having braces on them is a little bit weird. The build up to this match is very weird.
Speaker 9: Okay, sure, but this is John Oxley at Darby Allen. These two are absolute maybe acts, and you know they're gonna put on an absolute fantastic match because neither of these guys know what it means to have a bad match. Well, no, I shouldn't say that, because the Coffin match between Darby and Jack Perry was just knack.
Speaker 7: Uh. So in general, uh huh.
Speaker 10: The exploding barbed wire match a few years ago.
Speaker 7: That, yeah, that wasn't Oxley's fault.
Speaker 9: But my point is, in general, except for a few times, Moxley and Darby don't know how to have a bad match. You maybe the bill as it quite made sense, but I'm loving it.
Speaker 7: I want to know.
Speaker 9: What's gonna happen, and I'm really looking forward to this match.
Speaker 5: Rolins, I hate to go against you on this, buddy, but it has absolutely nothing to do with what kind of match they can put on. The build should have never happened like this. You don't have somebody that you have a match set up for over a month and then all of a sudden say, well you know, in one second you say this match isn't gonna happen because I Marx come out and say this isn't gonna happen because he's not gonna make it, and then turn around later in the same show and go Nagel come out and say I've got a match for you against you since you don't have a match now. That makes no sense. There's absolutely no reason to do that when you have all this other stuff that you could have done to do it, and it's a Dynamite. It's not like it's a pay per view. It could have been done on any Dynamite and you could have had the match between him and Darby. They should have never made it for grants Land. They should have made it for Wrestle Dream. It would have been a totally different situation then. But it just makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 9: See what I think they're gonna do at Wrestle Dream is Moxley against Wheel or Yudah for probably Wheel's third of the trios titles depending on how that triost doesn't.
Speaker 1: Make any sense based on what's happened in the very recent past. It doesn't rollins. I mean, look at what happened when Jay White got injured. They took they stripped the trios title from him. You're not gonna have a match for one third of a trios belt. It's but of course Tony Kahn may do that because he just does whatever. Matt, I want to ask you a question before you speak, and and Alex, I'm interested to hear what you have to say on this too. Uh. Simply put, when Darby Allen won his shot for a future world title shot, it was specified that it would be a Grand Slam. Now this isn't happening. Is that wrong? As far as people that bought tickets to go see this go see this show, wanted to see Darby Allen go against whomever Swore Strickland or Brian Danielson because we didn't know at the time, or it doesn't matter or not, And then what are you what are your thoughts on this match?
Speaker 10: Net Well, I think it's wrong for the people that bought tickets in anticipation of seeing seeing Darby try to get that title. Like before, in the subreddit, I was reminded by quite a few people that when you buy tickets for the shows, you expect a really good show, so you know you it's not it's not fair to those fans that bought tickets in anticipation of seeing that I don't know why the sudden switch and the the replacing or the putting Nigel in there.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 10: But as we've been discussing this it, you know, as as you all have come to know me, I'm a kind of conspiray, you know, the conspiracy theory person. I was thinking that maybe Nigel isn't really out to get Danielson, like we're thinking, maybe he's actually there to help him, and it's it's more so he it's as Nigel and Danielsen and Darby, we're going to pull a fast one on Moxley, and I can see that being a possibility.
Speaker 1: So let me give you another some food for thought. I believe that Brian Danielson is done at Russell Dream. He is losing this battle and Matt for his championship, and he's going to go into his semi retirement at Russell Dreams to go ahead and get his surgery, but they wanted to get this match in with Nigel before Russell Dreaming. This is the only way they can do it. So whomever he goes on to Wressell Dream to wrestle, that person is going to be your new AW World Champion. Alex what do you think.
Speaker 2: Pal, Yeah, so you know what you said about you know, they've changed it from Derby getting a title shot at Grand Slam to now he's in this match with Moxley. It's it's kind of questionable the logic of everything. I agree with that, but a lot of wrestling logic is questionable. If you try to break down too hard, nothing ever makes sense. So I can suspend my disbelief there. For me, it's kind of interesting as somebody that sees Darby as a potential future world champion. If he was just fighting Danielsen at Grand Slam, I would have written Darby off as just, you know, the challenger of the week and not somebody that's going to be in the title picture going forward. But this kind of makes it a lot more interesting in my opinion. You know that, you know, who knows what's gonna happen with Moxley. Darby could win this match and could go on to a big main event match at the pay per view versus Danielsen, and then I could see him potentially winning.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I do really like this match because I don't know what's going to happen, and it feels like it's part of the beginning of Darby's ascension to a top tier world title type of guy. And I think that that's really cool. So I'm going to positive on this ascension.
Speaker 1: When you said that, that was exactly the word I was going to use. So we're on the same page.
Speaker 3: Here is that?
Speaker 2: Are you saying it's too big of a word or you are agreeing?
Speaker 1: No, I'm agreeing. We're on the same page. I absolutely agree with you. That's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It feels like Darby's way bigger of a deal right now than he's really ever been before, and he's getting treated as a big deal. So yeah, I'm going to pick Darby for this one. I'm not really confident either way, but yeah, I'll say Derby's gonna win.
Speaker 9: Here, Elison, I want to answer your question that I believe you asked Nat about if fans would be disappointed.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 13: Because we always know that, like the card is subject to change, like it happens with UFC pay per views all the.
Speaker 7: Time, or wrestling match.
Speaker 9: Cards for that match, like you think you're getting one match, but then somebody gets injured or something like that.
Speaker 7: They have to change the match.
Speaker 9: So in that regard, no, because you're still getting a Darby match against Moxley, and I think fans are still gonna be fine with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well, look we're at the hour mark, but I want to cover Grand Slam Collision real quick. And so what we're gonna do is, I'm gonna ask everybody to give their thoughts on one match, and you can pick whatever match you want to pick and you can give your thoughts on it. We'll start with Alex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna pick Jack Jack Perry TNT Championship Open Challenge. I saw a pick picture of Ricky Starks and people were predicting him as potentially being the guy that shows up. He's he's extra jacked now. He's been working out because he hasn't been having to wrestle because he hasn't been part of a w for the last since he lost the Tag team belts. So yeah, I'm predicting, you know, spicy take, Maybe Ricky Stark shows up here. Maybe a wins the title from Jack Perry.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got a question, did we miss the Sarayah match?
Speaker 1: We didn't go? That's on Collision.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, because it didn't shoot marcussion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it isn't marked on collision and some of the graphics it's not, but from my understanding, it is on collision. So that's why we didn't bring that. Okay, but sudden you're up neck? So which one do you want to talk about?
Speaker 5: Go with that one? What a crazy as match? That is Wolves the Wolves? The list of the rules. I'm sitting here going this is probably the most outrageously named match I think I've ever seen ever. So Siriah can do whatever she wants and Jamie can't do crap. That's basically what the rules are. So it's gonna be really interesting. I don't think. I don't think Saria wins regardless, but it's gonna be an interesting match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be uh. I think it's gonna be a beatdown. I think people kind of agree with that. It's just gonna be. It's gonna be a massacre. We can hope. Yeah, I mean, what can you do? Rawlins? What match do you want to talk about?
Speaker 9: Alice completely stole my thunder there.
Speaker 7: Don't get my hopes up, Alex.
Speaker 9: Don't do that because I will lose my ship if I hear that music tomorrow night and he comes out and challenges Jack Berry.
Speaker 7: Kelsy can tell you how big of a Ricky Stark saying I am, but I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 9: Why are we doing this sixth man tag team badge on Collision.
Speaker 7: Learning learning versus conglomeration.
Speaker 1: Because I could tell you why rawlins because we have to get Chris Jericho on as well as Orange Cassidy and Kyle O'Riley on at length twice a week. So you know, so hey, that that is what it is. This is your consolation match, you know, as far as you know, you stole my thunder rollins because, as I said earlier in the show, I will say it again about the show, I don't give a shit about this match. I hope it's the main event so I can go to better early. Let me put it that way.
Speaker 9: So the interesting thing is they're taping Collision tomorrow night, right, So I'm not gonna watch Collision on Saturday because that's the same time as the Georgia Alabama game, and Georgia is ranked number two. Alabama is ranked number four. So sorry, aw Collision, but I'm not watching. I'm going to watch Georgia Alabama instead. But I'm just like, why are we going back to a feud from five years ago that.
Speaker 7: Orange Cassie clearly won?
Speaker 9: And I'm just like, you don't have anything better for Orange Cassie. You don't have anything better for Jericho.
Speaker 7: Like, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do my best Tody kann impersonation for your rawlins. As a matter of fact, we do not have anything better for Warts Cassidy.
Speaker 5: I think you're looking at it wrong. I think this might be the turn of Bill. I think this might be the mash that they used to have Big Bill turn on Jericho and the Learning Tree comes to an end.
Speaker 7: So that what the heck was the ploy of the Lordy Tree in the first place.
Speaker 1: There was never any point to the tree in the first place.
Speaker 5: It's not it's not been that bad. I mean, it has its moments, It's had some issues, but all in all, first Jericho's did what he wanted to do. I think it's time that Jericho's the Learning Trees kind of hooks out of the vortex the Orange Cassidy. Things pretty much been settled. I think this match is going to go for about ten minutes and then something's gonna happen where Jericho gets thrown in the corner and hits Bill. Bill's gonna attack him and that's gonna end the match. I just think it's that time.
Speaker 1: Ah. I got a headache just from talking about this match. Nut Save Us.
Speaker 10: Oh goodness, I'm looking forward to the Hater Surrea match. I want to see that. So that's my pick. But I can't say I'm really excited in general about Collision because the Learning Tree and Orange Cassidy, they they've exhausted me more so than book running around with that FTW try title, So I'm just tired of that, the whole thing there. But I am excited to see Jamie Hayter back in general, and that's the one saving Grace. Yep, that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, Alex bring us home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just gonna quickly mention the three way Lucha Libre match. Uh, that's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, see Mortos is going to actually get a win this year.
Speaker 2: Well, he got to win against the Commander on Ring of Honor their their last pay per view.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but everybody, unfortunately, I mean I would I would love Bordos and good Mortos and Commander should be a tag team so that they could just get double the losses and what bell swoop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I don't think there's any chance he wins this because I think Hologram's undefeated, so you can't just have him lose on a random collision. So yeah, I think unfortunately, mortas, but.
Speaker 1: Aren't they all read them collisions at this point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this is this is more of a special collision, I guess than anything.
Speaker 1: But this is a special random collision.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, appreciate it. Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, we'll be back tomorrow night after Dynamite to give our thoughts on Grand Slam Dynamite. It's going to be an interesting night. I think there could be so surprises. Uh. For example, will the FTW title get burned tomorrow night?
Speaker 11: Will any of.
Speaker 1: Us actually watch that match?
Speaker 3: Uh? Oh, I'll watch it.
Speaker 5: Oh geez, I'll least have it on in the background.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: No turn where he burns the title in front of his dad, his dad's screens.
Speaker 5: That could be coming too, because they could have that whole thing where decides he's done being anybody's man is gonna do out on his own, and that could happen.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling a lot of fans are gonna be listening to that match from the bathroom. I'm sorry, but that is a dog I square.
Speaker 10: Oh god, Sorry, there's one thing before we go. I just want to say I conspiracy, No, not a conspiracy. I met a wrestler that wrestled a little bit in aw and wrestled in New Japan who was very very nice to me, and I told him about our podcast and got a picture and he's a really cool guy. So it's uh, Heaven Jet to Fly Night.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's very very nice and maybe he will join us on the podcast at some point.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 10: Yes, he's very.
Speaker 1: Nice, very nice. I'm always I've always throwing what people have stories about how nice are wrestlers Ben to them?
Speaker 10: He wrestled Ben Benjamin what's his name? Is it Livingston? Living from God? I can't think of his name. He he was in w W E for I can say that that that really he's kind of an arrogant, really good technical wrestler.
Speaker 1: When you said arrogant, so I thought you were talking about something there for a second.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think it's Benjamin Livingston. I think it's his name. I have to I have to look at my pictures and stuff. But he wrestled him, and and Ben the Benjamin guy called Jet the next gold standard of wrestling, and Shelton Benjamin she Benjamin, Yeah, okay, yeah he was. And Jet was trained by Nick Wayne's dad and by Shabata, so it was yeah, he's nice and he's been on a w before too.
Speaker 1: So before we go, before we go, you brought up Sabata and that reminded me of, uh of something. Uh. We saw a video posted on integ Instagram of the Golden Lovers training in Japan last week, and Petty Omeega kind of made a you know, a little job. He said, I was not training, I was I was buying some I was in Japan buying clothes for work. Well, we already know, always already know what Kenny Obiga's work is. Might we see the Golden Lovers tomorrow night in that World Championship tag match?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 1: Thank god they think on that Golden Lovers tomorrow night. You heard it here on the Dollen w fan Hub Ignition podcast. We will see you tomorrow night after Dynamite. Maybe we'll be talking about the Golden Lovers. Who knows?
Speaker 11: Anyway, This is Kelson Alex good night everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey YO, good night. You know