Speaker 1: The weird things happened.
Speaker 2: In the back. Weird, weird, weird.
Speaker 3: Wow, we're running it. What episode is this? This is episode sixty six and sixty seven. One sixty six. Oh s the number of the beast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well there's one sixty six. The number of the beast.
Speaker 3: Well, some people believe it was sixty one.
Speaker 4: Route sixty six. Oh yeah, that's the highway. That's where Lightning McQueen got lost.
Speaker 3: It's the highway to hell.
Speaker 4: Oh. You want to hear a funny story. When I was a kid, when I was like little my I mean, my dad's always been so into like classic rock. He loved ac DC. He would one one time he was playing that in the car real loud and he was singing it at the top of his lunch. I was crying in the back seat because I was like, my dad's going to hell. I was probably five, but I was like, no.
Speaker 3: My dad be playing Van Halen and it's like running with the Devil.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's my dad's like all time favorite band, Ben Halen. Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I always knew there was something about him, your dad, I mean, oh, okay, because of the Van Halen thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're bonded over their love of Van Halen. Oh as are we.
Speaker 3: Well, dude, remember the first time I ever came to your house, I was like, can you play a eruption on guitar?
Speaker 4: And I that's what got me to play guitar.
Speaker 3: I've told that story, yeah, yeah, but still cool anyway. Yeah, So, speaking of the Highway of Hell, we wanted to do a series on the beginning and the end Genesis and Revelations.
Speaker 4: Yes, before we really get.
Speaker 3: Into that, I like to take these moments where we like reflect on those days of like reading these books. You know, it's like it's sort of nostalgic in a way. Like I remember being a kid and going to church and the thing that I would do the most was either read the Book of Revelations or read the Book of Genesis.
Speaker 4: Okay? Is that some kind of did did you do that? Alex?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: I feel like that's some kind of phenomenon.
Speaker 5: I don't think I really ever read the Bible Okay, outside of like in religious class in Catholic school.
Speaker 3: In all seriousness, like not joking here, to my understanding, that's not really like a thing in Catholicism.
Speaker 4: Just like picking it up, reading it. Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 5: I mean I read the hell out of that hymn book because we had to sing probably four songs every every mass.
Speaker 4: And was it a good read? No?
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean I read the songs and I sang the verses because you had to.
Speaker 3: Weren't you one of the boys, the Backstreet boys? No, the altar boys?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Actually I did not go to my training for that. Why not, dude, because my parents didn't make me.
Speaker 4: Probably could have got an end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, you could have been in a position of power. I don't know a lot about ultimate That.
Speaker 4: Is the opposite of a position of power. You are in a position of being dominated.
Speaker 5: Stand there for like however long the priest acides, and hold the gospel in front of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you pay your dues and you rise through the ranks.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's how it works. Yeah, man, you're like a little servant boy.
Speaker 3: Look at any pyramid power structure, right, you start on the bottom and then you're That's not now that works at all, not even a little bit.
Speaker 5: Well you mean a reverse funnel system. Okay, yeah, okay, I'm following you, just saying, man, opportunity missed. But yeah, I was always reading the Book of Revelations in the Book of Genesis. Same and if I if I wasn't doing that, then the rare times that And I'm talking like when I was young, you know, if I wasn't doing that, I was probably playing like POKEMONO Metroid. But then when I got busted it, I'd be, you know, reading the Book of my mom be like put that away, yeah, or my grandma or whatever.
Speaker 4: So you just hide the game boy inside the Bible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, especially when it was the sp And it's like, I don't think I ever actually did that. That's ingenius. I would have never figured that out as a kid. But yeah, very nostalgic. So let's let's start with revelations. It's natural that we would start with the beginning. You said, did I'm all crossed up.
Speaker 4: We all know the beginning is revelation. Yeah, Genesis, Genesis as other people would pronounce it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that that makes sense to me.
Speaker 4: I don't know who. I don't know who would pronounce it like that, but somebody out there pronounces it Genesis. And I'm just saying you're valid, and I hear you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's it's like if you think about it, it just rolls right off the tongue Genesis.
Speaker 4: And Alex's alreadyo We're four minutes in. Alex is done.
Speaker 3: It makes me envision like running off into the sunset. And I look over and I'm like, I love.
Speaker 4: You, Genesus.
Speaker 3: She looks at you and says, it's only the beginning. Oh yeah, dude, I could see it. I could see the whole scenario play out right down to.
Speaker 4: The end, which is relations or revelation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, revelation. Okay, all right, He's like, dude, I've never read this book. Please tell me what happens. Okay, so let's let's go through. Like what happens in the Book of Genesis. It's the creation story. It's basically like it's believed to have been written by Moses, which now we know is probably not true. They think it was written somewhere around five or six hundred years uh BC, by like anonymous Jewish mystics. And it tells the story of like God creating the earth, and the story of the creating everything, Yeah, creating everything, the Garden of Eden, yes, and you know, the fall of Adam and even into I don't want to say my interpretation yet, but the expulsion from the Garden of Eden from Paradise.
Speaker 4: I got a question right off the bat, as an idiot, did the Garden of e didn't come after he made Earth? So yeah, okay, so the garden is on Earth because I'm thinking from like the the the Norse Mythology episode that we did, how like the like Eden's orchard is like a realm. It's not like on Earth. It was like a realm outside of Earth kind of thing. So I was like, is it kind of the same with the Garden of Eden, But well.
Speaker 3: I mean it might be, yeah, but according to the Bible, you know, it's it's like basically God creates the earth in six days. Very interesting account. There parallels to other stories, like you know, Hinduism per se, where they say that it's created through the Word and then on the seventh day he rested, right, and the story goes that Adam was created, they take the rib from Adam and then they create Eve. But this is sometime after like animals, like I think it was the birds of the sky and the sea creatures are created on like the fourth or fifth day or something like that. I don't know what exactly In my head because I'm going to focus on the esoteric version of it. And then Adam comes around and he's just kind of chilling by himself. He's lonely, and God's like, let me make.
Speaker 4: Him a companion, let me give him a check.
Speaker 3: And then he comes up with Eve. He makes her out of his rib and they're together, and then they obviously commit their crime, the expelled from the Garden of Eden.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's the first three chapters. By the way, that's that's all in the first three chapters. It's the first chapter is the creation. The second chapter is God creating Adam, giving him the garden, except the tree of good and evil. The tree of good and Evil is the one that he was like. God was like, you can't eat from that one though, Yeah, don't eat it. Do not eat that apple. And then yeah, evil's created. And the chapter three, No, chapter three is when the snake arrives. Yeah, the soy pen if you will.
Speaker 3: And none of the other animals talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a snake. You sound bitter about that.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's just like none of the other animals can talk. And then one talks to you and you're like, yeah, I'll listen. To you.
Speaker 4: I would, Yeah, I would. I would too, especially if there was like a really shiny apple and you wanted it so bad and then that snake starts talking to you and it's like you can eat it, I'd be like, real, it's good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And according to this version, the snake had like feet and he was walking around.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Remember that's the punishment to the serpent is he removes his legs and his feet and he can't speak anymore, and he like.
Speaker 4: Has to talking lizard Komodo dragon.
Speaker 3: Well it says serpent, it does says to the.
Speaker 4: Lizard, it's like a dragon.
Speaker 3: I mean dragon episode, show me dragon. I mean technically it could be said to be a dragon, like you know the Great Dragon in Revelation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whoa is that foreshadowing? It might be? Okay cool? What happened after that? Eve's son? Oh right, Eve's son. So they had a bunch of babies after they ate, because because the apple is an alex it's thought to be an allegory four sex.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, well yeah, the tree, the whole.
Speaker 4: Thing, Okay, gotcha. So then they had a bunch of babies and Eve's sons made offerings to the Lord. This is chapter four, Eve's sons made offerings to the Lord. Only Abels was acceptable, So Cain killed him his brother Kane.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 4: That's chapter four of Genesis.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 4: That's like probably freaking a bunch of years later.
Speaker 3: You know, when Caine kills his brother and then God like puts a mark on his head and it's like this curse mark and he says that, Uh, basically, you're cursed of Rome. Through this land with like giants and all these horrific beasts. You can't touch them. And it's it's something like anything that you do will be raw on you sevenfold. It will be avenged sevenfold. Oh, that's where avenged sevenfold comes from, dumn. That's crazy, he is it? Is there a tenfold reference.
Speaker 4: In the Bible?
Speaker 3: Is like, I will reward you tenfold?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, job, Yeah, I'm pretty sure because there was this boat, I think, and this yacht in the name of the yacht was tenfold, And I've always liked that because I was pretty sure it was Bible reference.
Speaker 4: That's a cool name for a boat, tenfold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: There's some names for boats out there. How often do you see terrible names for boats in your in your line of work a lot.
Speaker 3: Every day I take pictures of the girl. I've seen some cool names, really, uh huh, don't put me on the spot. That's I've seen some cool names. I've seen some names.
Speaker 5: I'm just like they fall into categories. There's like hardcore names like that's intimidating, Like there's a fishing boat called gladiator, Like that's just sick. And then there's like the punny stuff like uh like CEO it would be se a like right.
Speaker 4: Or.
Speaker 3: I don't want to put anybody on blast.
Speaker 5: Out here but them.
Speaker 3: Then then there's just like the.
Speaker 5: Ones that are like heartfelt and like they name them after a pet or their or their daughter, their beautiful bride. Uh like a lot of daughter names that kind of thing. And then there's just ones that are just like what in the world are you thinking.
Speaker 3: Garfield scar Like that would be funny, Like that's good in my book, that's good, I get it, ha ha, Right, But I don't know some battles, Yeah, I don't know, man. I think it's like it's almost I don't know if I should say this because people might crucify me, like you know.
Speaker 4: Who, that's a different book of the Bible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's all been there, man. But I feel like it's almost like try hard to be like the Gladiator, you know, like come on, okay.
Speaker 5: But here's how I think about it, right. Imagine, so you're imagine you're sinking and you're putting in a may Day call.
Speaker 4: That's may Day, may Day.
Speaker 3: This is ceo.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's worse for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, but like may Day Gladiator going down, Like I'm going to help that guy's the s s play de lasagna.
Speaker 4: Realistically, if I had like a boat, I would name it after some video game character or something. The ss freaking well Viva pinata. Yeah, that'd be a good one.
Speaker 5: There's a there's there's another fishing boat and rids full. I think it's a cool name. It's just called horse.
Speaker 4: Like I kind of love that.
Speaker 3: It's awesome. It's just it's a beautiful boat, and it's it's not the horses, it's just hor Yeah.
Speaker 4: I kind of love that's like that. If you had one, it would be called pig pigs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be pigsy or pig yeah yeah. Or hog.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna name mine after my dog ss Hog. The boat the boat that I retire on and travel the east coast on. I'm gonna name it after my dog Ad. We've already talked about it.
Speaker 3: Wow, now that'll be romantic, man. And we'll sell together, and we can take Nick with us and he can be I didn't say captor or captain captain. Yeah, and you'll pilot the ship so that we can be freed for other activities.
Speaker 4: You guys ad many youths in this situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to start a new like it's like the Titanic. Oh, my, you's standing up on the front. I should I shouldn't have told you.
Speaker 4: On the SS hog Damn dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, the SS forbidden fruit. Oh I like that, the SS apple.
Speaker 4: But then y'all's dinghy will be named hog.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, that's that's that's a good point, man, because God made the hogs in the Book of Genesis.
Speaker 5: I remembered one. Y'all tell me if you like this one or not. The boat was called Someday came that like everybody's like, I'll get one someday. The boat's name was Someday came.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know about it's a second word that throws me off A little bit like I love it, But what do you guys think? Actually, no, I agree, Like.
Speaker 4: No, no, I don't.
Speaker 5: I didn't express my opinion. Oh you don't think it's really I could have the name man.
Speaker 4: I could have.
Speaker 3: So what happens next?
Speaker 4: Oh? What happens next? Okay? Chapter five is just describing Adam's line his like lineage seth Enosh Keenan, Mahalalel Jared Enoch, Methusa lah blah blah blah blah blah. It just goes into all of his sons and stuff. Then chapter six, human kind corrupted the earth with evil freaking already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we suck like Noah, like the story of Noah. Right, yeah, we should be around it. I've decided to destroy them hate me because I have free will.
Speaker 4: Bro Dude, Noah had a boat, he did. Do you have a name of it? Just two for why when?
Speaker 3: Because two of every.
Speaker 4: Man? It's just called the arc?
Speaker 3: Yeah great.
Speaker 4: You know what's funny.
Speaker 3: My grandma's ninety years old, and you know, travel is getting to be like if you want to go somewhere, let's go somewhere. And she told me all these years, I've never been in the grand canyon. You want to go. I was like, I'll go with you. I'll go with you. She and now her last like final destination she wants to see. She wants to go to Kentucky to see the arc.
Speaker 4: Kentucky to see the arc. It's like a like a model. Yeah, thing is it like life size?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, what they're built on a life size?
Speaker 4: Isn't like the proportions and everything, like I'm not sure, but it's's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like a display. But I was like, you buy me a ticket, I'll go with you. How many how much? How much boat do you need to put every animale? It's a big boat.
Speaker 4: Man, I mean it would have to be a freaking huge boat anyway. Chapter seven, Noah and his family go into the arc with two of each creature. It rained for forty days and forty nights, and the earth was covered in water flooded it all. Chapter eight. The flood abated, Noah sent out a raven and two doves. He sent it out ravens. I never knew.
Speaker 3: He's four hundred and forty ft long according to Google.
Speaker 4: Interesting are you saying it would have to be that big to hold.
Speaker 5: The structure of the arc and the chronology of the flood. The arc has to be three hundred cubits by fifty cubits by thirty cubits, which approximately means four hundred and forty feet in length. A big freaking I want to look up with the icon of the seas is that's the biggest boat in existence right now.
Speaker 3: I think I thought it was a Titanic.
Speaker 4: That that doesn't exist right now. It doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be the biggest ship that ever sailed.
Speaker 5: But if you got a little, uh little Xbox remote, you can go down and see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true, that's true. That is true.
Speaker 3: So they got they got the boat. He sent out the ravens, he sent the doves.
Speaker 4: The flood abated. This is chapter eight. The flood abated. No sent out a raven, two doves. When the earth was dry, God called them all out of the ark. Noah built an altar cool. So freaking Noah and his people and all the animals survived. Everybody else freaking died. So they got to repopulate the earth again. Just know and his chick You know who.
Speaker 3: They are, right? Who isn't very well known. But from what I read as an adult and understood this a little differently. His daughter's got him drunk and seduced him.
Speaker 4: No, whoa, whoa, whoa what? No?
Speaker 3: Unless I just made it up? Okay, wait wait, I was looking at what did you just say?
Speaker 4: Who? He said? Noah's daughters seduced him to repopulate the earth.
Speaker 3: They're in a mission from God. I need I need to verify that, Okay.
Speaker 5: I also wanted you to know that the longest ship that exists right now is the Sea Wise Giant, and it's fifteen hundred feet long.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: The icon of the seas is like eleven hundred and change, which is a cruise ship.
Speaker 3: Hang on, that's did know us?
Speaker 4: Did Noah repopulate earth with his daughters? I gotta look at us. It's pretty wild. It was on the movie. But also, look, you gotta think about it. I was actually gonna say this like freaking Adam and Eve, like their kids had to you know what I'm saying. There was definitely some targarian type shit going on.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, there was like two people, right, so they had to figure something.
Speaker 4: But then I never really put it together that that happened twice.
Speaker 5: Are you getting this confused with a lot. I might be this is saying, yeah, I'm looking it up and sane, but that's not making me feel better.
Speaker 4: Okay, well I need to know how Noah repopulated his I'm assuming his wife was with him, and then that's just that's crazy. I always think about Adam and Eved. All their children had to make babies together. This was creepy. It happened twice in Genesis. I never considered that when the flood happened, Noah had to do it too. So anyway, then almost had episode nine.
Speaker 3: Well, in the Bible it doesn't say really, and God blessed Noah and his sons and said, unto them, be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth. Multiply with God does not go into details.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, they were I guess he just laid a bunch of eggs. Then they were. They just started laying eggs or something. Okay. Chapter nine, God blessed Noah and set the rainbow as a sign where he would never flood the earth again.
Speaker 3: His son, his son's head wives.
Speaker 4: Where did they come from?
Speaker 3: I must have gotten that confused with another story, because there is a story where they.
Speaker 4: Get him drunk.
Speaker 3: They find him drunk and he's laying naked. But I don't think he repopulated with his daughters.
Speaker 4: Well that's I think that's good. I think that's ultimately a win, absolutely, But that that didn't happen.
Speaker 3: It says Noah began to be a man of the soil, and he planted a vineyard. He drank of the wine and became drunk and lay uncovered in his tent. And Ham a pig Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside. Then Shim and Jeth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and walk backward and covered the nakedness of their father. Their faces were turned backward, and they did not see their father's nakedness. When Noah woke from his wine and knew what his youngest son had done to him, he said, Chris to be Kanan, a servant of servants, shall be to his brothers. He also said, blessed be the Lord, the god of Shim, and let Kanan be a servant. May God in large Jfeth, and let him do all the tentsive Shim, and let Kanan be a servant. Then he lived for another fifty three hundred and fifty years God and peaced out. But yeah, I must have gotten confused with the population part, so my bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro, his sons wouldn't even look at him naked. They turned their heads around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I somehow got that the opposite.
Speaker 4: And then his daughter's were just like, ooh dad, okay, no, let's.
Speaker 3: Not Yeah, I sworry. I read that the other day and I was like, oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: But you know that is what you just were talking about, was chapter nine going into ten or actually Noah got drunk and cursed Ham's son Kanaan. That's in chapter nine, chapter ten. Jeffif j fifth, how do if I don't know? Fifth? Jef fifth almost go with that. Jeffeth's line lived in the coast lands. Hams included Nimrod and the Canaanites. You're just saying Shim's lived in the east. These formed the nations. Uh. And then eleven, chapter eleven, it starts getting Craig Cray. They began, what what alex as if it wasn't I mean, yes, yeah, you're right, we're ten. We're ten chapters in and like the Earth's been flooded. There's a snake with feet. There's a bunch of weird stuff going on. Chapter eleven, they start building the Great Tower, but the Lord confused their language. We're talking about the Tower of God, right, not Tower God. That's an anime. Shim's line included Abram who married SARAHI that's Abraham, it is, Yeah, why is it spelled Abram.
Speaker 3: Because it's different when he basically leaves Babylon and goes to Israel and like forms his covenant with God.
Speaker 4: Hold up, So this dude had a son named Abram and a son named Ham, and then he just Abraham. Wait did Abram eat Ham? And he absorbed his power or something? I don't know, and that's how he became Ara.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's how it goes. I think there's probably a little story in there that tells us how that happens. But I'll be yeah, okay, you want to know something funny the tracks on those lines.
Speaker 6: But my.
Speaker 5: Grandmother on my dad's side, so my dad's mom's maiden name was Camp, dad's middle name is Camp. His mom's name was Anne, so her name was Camp Anne or Anne Camp. Right, and then he marries my mom and my mom's maiden name is Campana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: So now that's my middle name.
Speaker 4: Somebody ate somebody.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I was picking that up.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, if the shoe fits. If in your world it's cannibal is it's the only thing that makes which We do not condone. No, we do not, no, we do con damn it, we don't condone.
Speaker 4: How does this happen every time condone condom?
Speaker 3: It's tricky.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're right, it's tricky to all right. Chapter twelve, God told Abram, go I will make you a great nation. You will be a blessing and an Egypt. Abram lied about Sarah and Pharaoh was cursed. Damn trifling, dude.
Speaker 3: You know what's a fun fact. And the Book of Genesis the word eloheim has said thirty three times.
Speaker 4: No way, that's nutty. I don't even ever remember reading the word elohem from the Bible.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, because you were reading the King James version and it just said the word God. But when it was written like thousands of years ago, it said elohem.
Speaker 4: Does it never say eloheim once in the King James, King James version.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if it does. I mean, it's been a long time since I was sitting around reading King James Bibles.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Eloheim was like the original it's either Hebrew or Aramaic, like that was their word for God.
Speaker 4: He correct me if I'm wrong. But Elohem is a plural word, isn't it? Yeah? Which is like thought? Is it thought to reference like God and his counsel of.
Speaker 3: Depends on your point of view. If you ask some religious scholars, like you know, what I was learning in college, they would say, well, it's because if you think about it like this, back in the days of kings and queens, when you addressed royals, they had a different way to say it. So they would say, you know, like like it's an honorific They would say that the plural is like because it's God, it's royal. But then if you look at the esoteric view, it's like, come on, dude, it's it's male and female, it's plural, it's multitudes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's okay, Okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: So people like come up with this idea to try to justify it being this one father God.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's cool, Okay, Chapter thirteen, Abram journeyed with his nephew Lot. There we go Lot. Their servants argued, so a Lot went to Sodom, Abram to Canaan. The lord promised Abram the land. Chapter fourteen, the kings went to war and took Lot captive. Abram rescued Lot. Malcheese a deck blessed Abram, and Abram gave him a tenth of everything he owned.
Speaker 3: Interesting, who's mel cheese a deck? So mel Cheese a deck is It's a very interesting figure in the esoteric you know, studies or whatever you want to call it. Yeah, like the wisdom traditions, you could say, Melcheesadek is considered to be like a grand priest of an initiatory society. And like there's even scriptures and the New Testament that say that Jesus. I'm gonna find it because I don't want to misquote it like I did the Noah story. I want to actually read it. But there is a story where Jesus is being crowned as a high priest like the Order of melchees Adek, which is.
Speaker 4: The Order of Melcheese a dik okay. So we're thinking this is like a priest guy. Yes, he has a name that sounds like a vampire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it actually means something along the lines of Jupiter like Zedek was like a ancient name to say, Jupiter whoa an ancient.
Speaker 4: Like like a Hebrew thing or oh what.
Speaker 3: Hebrews seven thirteen seventeen. Jesus is considered a priest in the order of melchies A dec whoa. So the point there is there was you know, realistically, if we're looking at the actual historical roots of the Bible, there was a few hundred years there between these texts. But if you think about it in terms of like the Church biblical canon, we're talking that, you know, they believed Genesis was written thousands and thousands of years before Christ. But the idea here is that Melchesadek existed way before Jesus and for bare minimum, you know, five hundred or so years. This was a name that carried significance that they passed on through their tradition as this you know, grand priest that they said, you know, Jesus is like mel Jesudec, He's like the priest.
Speaker 4: Then it was like kind of like a title. Yeah that was passed down. Yeah, Okay, cool, all right. Chapter fifteen, The Lord promised Abram and Air and many descendants. Abram believed he was told that they would be enslaved, but that they would return. Okay, that's already wild. God's like, you're definitely gonna have a bunch of sons and heirs, but they're going to be slaves for sure, but don't worry, they'll come back as if that's like comforting, right, okay. Sixteen Sir I told Abraham to have children with Hagar, Sammy Hagar bro we were we were just talking about you running with the devil did well. That was David Lee Roth. Oh, it's okay, that's just that's funny. Hey, Hagar Hagar conceived then ran don't keep it together, Alex Hagar can conceived then ran away. That's wild, like immediately okay, but an angel sent her back. Hagar's son was Ishmael.
Speaker 3: There's an interesting theory there too, tell me it. So let me get this straight. You just said that Ishmael was Sarah's son, who was Abraham's wife, but she couldn't conceive, right, right, So it's Sarah's son, but not Abraham's, right, So he's his bastard yes, right, eventually spoiler he's gonna have a son. When when Sarah's like ninety something years olah.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait no, no, no, no, no, it's the the Ishmael is the son of abram Oh.
Speaker 3: With another woman and right right, I had it backwards.
Speaker 4: Hagar woman, because you picture.
Speaker 3: That beautiful Okay, So I got a backwards So Sarah couldn't have a baby. So he had a baby with another one. It's his bastard, right yeah. And then eventually spoiler God comes to Sarah. He's like, hey, it's gonna be a miracle, even though you're ninety something years old, You're gonna have a baby. And they do and it's Isaac.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: So some traditions say that Ishmael, the bastard son of Abraham is like the lineage of Islam, right, yes, where Isaac is, you know, the lineage of which is So it's just something I always heard in church growing up, you know, and it's like, wow, that's really fascinating.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But there's even like, you know, when they do like the movie and TV show versions of the Bible stories, they always show that isn't isn't and that story isn't like the baby in the basket and it goes down the little stream and like whatt Moses? Oh wait wait, so it wasn't Moses supposed to be the the No, okay, well I'm just wrong. That's okay.
Speaker 3: Moses comes later chapter seven. I know what you're talking about. Though, I've seen baby in a basketball. That's Moses, the Prince of Egypt.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: That is a good movie.
Speaker 4: The was that Disney?
Speaker 3: I think it was.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. I haven't seen it forever though. So what you just described was chapter seventeen, So we'll just skip over that one. Chapter eighteen three. Visitors came and said that Sarah would have a son next year. Sodom was very evil. Abram Abraham. Okay, so he's become Abraham.
Speaker 3: Now he's transformed. He transformed.
Speaker 4: Do you have any information for me about Abraham transforming?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's told to sacrifice his son and he's like, okay, I guess I'll do it.
Speaker 4: Oh that's that story.
Speaker 3: No, that's not why he gets the name. He gets the name. I think it's because he makes the covenant with God. He leaves to a new land and it's like, all right, your name will be Abraham, and it's it's.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, you're right, you're right, you're right. Chapter seventeen I just skipped it because you read most of it or you quoted most of it. But chapter seventeen God made a covenant with Abram and renamed him Abraham.
Speaker 3: If you read like the actual story, Abram comes from the land of Earth, which is Babylon. He was a Babylonian dude, damn. And he's probably been exposed to all these other Babylonian deities, you know, and he he comes around and he's like, uh, starts you know the Judaic system. Yeah, basically, but it's it's interesting, like he was in Babylon.
Speaker 4: Wow, just a little fun fact. That is a fun that's fun. God also renamed Sarah. Sarah promised them a son. The men were circumcised. Yeah, it's the covenant right right, all right, So three visitors came said that It's like, immediately I thought that was like a sound effect that you play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that was pretty visceral.
Speaker 4: It was okay. Abraham pleaded with the Lord for the city. He prayed over the city of Sodom. Chapter nineteen. Angels took a lot out of Sodom. The city was destroyed by fire, and Lot's wife was turned to salt. His daughters had children for.
Speaker 3: Him, which is like that's it, Yeah, that's it, okay, right, which is like I got, I knew, I got a Genesis story confused somewhere with having children with his daughter. Yeah, but I was right about the Noah being drunk thing I got. I'm confused. But anyway, so that story with Lot, right, they go back and they're like, don't look back. A Lot is like trying to take them out of you know, Sodom, and the angels are like, don't look back or you know you're gonna regret it, and he looks back and they turn into a pillar of salt.
Speaker 4: Right. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Like Orpheus, Orpheus goes into the underworld to save his wife and Hades is like, you can take her out of the underworld, but if you look back, she's she's gonna stay forever. And he's traveling to get out of the underworld, and then he looks back to see if she's still with him, and she's trapped there forever.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 4: That's a crazy parallel. That is a really crazy parallel. I love that okay uh. Chapter twenty in Jarrar, Abraham said, Sarah is my sister. King Abimelech took her, but God warned him in a dream. He restored Sarah to Abraham. Twenty one, As promised, Sarah had a son, Isaac. She had Hagar and Ishmael sent away, but God preserved them. Abraham and Abemelek made a treaty. Chapter twenty two. God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac here we go. As Abraham obeyed, an angel stopped him. The Lord provided a ram instead and blessed Abraham. So everybody knows that story. Everybody talks about it all the time. Right, freaking God's like, kill your son. Abraham was like all right, Like, God's like, I'm just kidding, dude, what the hell's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're worthy.
Speaker 4: You were seriously about to kill your So I'm just joking. I'm joking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great story though.
Speaker 4: It is. It is. It's about faith. It's like, you know, it's a powerful story about faith. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but oh no, no, no, I definitely wouldn't do it. I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 4: I'm good, but thanks though. Chapter twenty three, Sarah died in Kyriath Arba. Abraham asked the Hittites for a burial site. He bought a cave from Ephron and buried Sarah there. All Ip Sarah, I know, right first of her name first? Yeah, literally probably literally, we're talking about the Bible here. Genesis chapter twenty four. Abraham's servant went to neahor ney Or to find a wife for Isaac. He met Rebecca by the well. She went back with him and married Isaac. Damn, we're moving on quick.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of drama.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. It is crazy, straight up, like a soap opera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, freaking first dated the world and then they're hitched. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Chapter twenty five Abraham game he does, I mean ship dude, like one of the only guys on the planet.
Speaker 3: They probably got a couple thousand or something.
Speaker 4: At this point, probably probably, but he's like so super old. Abraham died and was buried with Sarah. Isaac and Rebecca had twins, Soul and Jacob. Wow, dude, how are you How the hell are you going to do that to one kid? Well, I mean you're gonna name one kid Jacob, and then the other kid seesaw.
Speaker 3: Like like is this Jacob's ladder.
Speaker 4: That is, yes, Jacobs, that kid hated his life.
Speaker 3: What's the kid?
Speaker 4: What's the kid?
Speaker 5: They had all the jacket of many colors, the jacket of many colors. Yeah, the cloak of many colors.
Speaker 4: Harry Potter, dude, you couldn't even get that out.
Speaker 3: Harry Potter, dude, I think it's lost on me. Isn't it a parable in the New Testament?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'll look at it.
Speaker 3: I'm not familiar with that story, to be honest me neither.
Speaker 5: Clearly.
Speaker 4: I'll look at up.
Speaker 3: The kid with a jacket of mini colors.
Speaker 4: That is kind of like Harry Potter. If you would read Harry Potter, you'd be familiar with it. Chapter twenty six and gerar Isaac lied about Rebecca. He grew so rich that abem Alex sent him away. What the hater? What a hater?
Speaker 3: I know, man, they're always like making.
Speaker 4: Sammy haydar Damn dude, you hating him because he's up? Now? Like what that's whack? It is, man, that's a whack. That's not a real home.
Speaker 3: That's jealousy.
Speaker 4: That's jealousy exactly, He dug wells, what's up with all these wales, he dug wells.
Speaker 3: How do you think they got watered?
Speaker 4: Dude? Oh yeah, that's probably true. He dug wells. And at beer shep Beer Sheba, the Lord blessed him. What's beer Sheba.
Speaker 3: It's a maiden. It's a woman at beer Sebba, the Lord blessed him. Oh, I'm thinking about Yeah, this is beer Chevy beer s h e b a.
Speaker 4: You know who is huh?
Speaker 3: You know who bath is? Bathsheba was this uh, this naked maiden who was in her bathtub on the roof of her house.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And King David Caesar and he's like yeah, and he finds out that her husband is a general in his army. So you know what he does. He sends him to fight on the front lines and die.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, that's right. I remember that, just so he can get with her. Yeah, he wants to get up in that bath.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with bath Sheba.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. So I wonder if this is.
Speaker 3: Saying that, uh, for Sheba is the Beer Sheba. Southernmost city in the territory is settled by the Israelites.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, all right? Twenty seven Rebecca and Jacob tricked Isaac into giving Jacob his blessing. Sea saw Esal vowed revenge, so Rebecca told Jacob to go to her brother Lebon. Dude, the drama, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It should be Jacob's Ladder coming up.
Speaker 4: At twenty eight, Isaac sent Jacob to marry one of Lebon's daughters. On the way, Jacob dreamed of a ladder reaching to heaven.
Speaker 3: Which is esoterically the path of initiation. This is something I want to get into because I'm pretty sure we're nearing the end of Genesis here.
Speaker 4: We got like twenty more chapters. But oh it's okay, Well we don't have to know, No, we don't want we don't.
Speaker 3: But we did the tower babble, we did Jacob's Ladder, we did.
Speaker 4: The creation story, we did the creation story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm going to focus heavily on the creation story. But what I wanted to talk about, the reason we discussed, like, let's talk about Genesis and Revelation was the idea that some of these texts might have dual meanings. Right, Yes, some of them might have esoteric meanings.
Speaker 4: We've already pointed out a couple.
Speaker 3: Right, But if you look towards like the Rosicrucians, or the Freemasons, or Theosophy, Anthroposophy, a lot of these other secret traditions throughout the past have said that there are secret meanings behind these stories, right, just for the listener's sake, for those who might not be aware. And it's believed that Jacob's Ladder is an allegory about the ascension and the awakening of consciousness, right because he sees this vision, he sees this ladder. How many rungs are on the ladder?
Speaker 4: It doesn't say in my notes.
Speaker 3: Look it up?
Speaker 4: Is it thirty three?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: Can you confirm it that thirty three wouldn't be very high? I know, is it like eleven thirty three?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know either. But my first thought when you mentioned that it's like an allegory, it is also like the Chakras, the Chalkras quite.
Speaker 3: Great climb climbing up the Kundalini the spine, you know, the Kundalini energy climbing the spine through ascension. I don't know that it actually says how many rungs there are on the ladder, but that would be interesting if they were like there's thirty three.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you were asking like you knew the answer.
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: Octually gotcha?
Speaker 3: Does it say I'm seeing mostly seven? And then this? And then Wikipedia is saying that many details are added to the Genesis narrative.
Speaker 5: The letter is made of twelve steps.
Speaker 3: Either way, I mean seven and twelve or mystical isn't Yeah, And then this is saying and on each step there are two human forms. Seven and twelve are numbers. We're going to find a lot in Revelation yep. And in the Book of Genesis, actually there are different I think it's like this is something I learned in college and Alex you should look this up. But I think it's like the number seven is literally encoded in the Book of Genesis, like the way that they wrote the actual alphabet, like you know, the Aramaic that the letters it was mathematical. They have all this jamatrius stuff, right, you know what jamatria is. It's like if you take the Greek alphabet or the Hebrew alphabet and you assign numeric values to the letters. So now words have a numeric value in these languages. Cool, which is like something we'll talk about later. With Emperor Nero being six sixty six. So it's like, for example, Elohem being in Genesis thirty three times, or at least in the Creation story, a lot of numerology, right, And in the Creation story when it's talking about, you know, the first seven days, it's like, God, I wish I could remember, but it's like the number seven constantly repeats in the actual composition of the story. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: But like the math of the words, yes.
Speaker 3: The actual math of the words. It's not that they like, say the number seven, but it's like if you know your stuff and you look at the numbers, the numerology of the words, it's like coded into it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: But you know, the idea is that it was mystics who wrote these stories, that maybe it was while they were in captivity in Babylon. Yeah, you know, I'm not so sure, but we have this ancient Kabalistic tradition kabbala, right, so there was this secret initiatory judae tradition that you know, some people argue that maybe they were responsible for writing some of these Old Testament scrolls, which would explain why they would have all this secret numerology behind them and everything. But yeah, so the Tower of Babel, the Creation Story, and Jacob Slatter are allegedly esoteric stories, right, but specifically for today, I wanted to focus on the Creation story and the theosophic perspective. So theosophy, we've done episodes on theosophy. We've done at least one, the Ageless Wisdom, and it was basically started by Heleno Blovotsky right in the I think it was.
Speaker 4: The eighteen hundreds, right, like late eighteen hundred, wasn't that longer?
Speaker 3: And Helena Blovotsky is really cool at least her work is cool. And the way that she like explains esoteric terminology is very I don't know how to say it. Maybe you could help me with this, but it's it's very like comparative, like the way that it seeks to dispel the symbolism between the different mythologies, like or rather compare the symbolism between the mythologies and dispel the secrecy behind them, you know. But yeah, so I I have a lot of really interesting takes about the Creation story. So we're going to start with the principle of the monad. The monad, according to the theosophic perspective, is a fundamental, pure spiritual essence or entity that exists within the life of the logos or the divine source.
Speaker 4: Within the life of the Logos.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: It represents the highest, most universal aspect of consciousness, embodying a state of pure spirituality and unity. The monad as seen as a divine spark or individual expression of the divine consciousness that undergoes a process of incarnation into matter, experiencing limitations and the duality of physical existence. This journey into matter involves a transformation where the monad must navigate the challenges and separations inherent in physical embodiment. So like, it's been suggested that the story of Lucifer is an allegory, right like, the whole story of he falls into material reality and he's trapped there and locked away for a thousand years or whatever, and then you know, he's unleashed. From the Cabbalistic perspective, when you look at the Tree of Life, it's suggested that it's it's duality, right, one side is light, one side is dark. It's suggested that one side is Lucifer and one side is Christ or enlightenment, right like that, maybe it's the lightning bolt path, right, that we descend into the depths and then we ascend back to the godhood.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So it's been suggested that we as you know, the way that we exist now material humans, we existed as a part of this monad, as a part of the logos, the life force, like we come from a higher.
Speaker 4: We are a material expression of that higher consciousness. Right.
Speaker 3: And the esoteric tradition teaches that these stories of like the Devil certain elements of the Old Testament and the Bible, because again it's not that the Bible is not true, but rather that it is esoteric and it has a deeper wisdom about reality itself and the the you know, the cosmos and everything. But the idea is that we existed perfectly in a spiritual state before we incarnated here we fell into material matter, right, and now we are ascending back. It's that lightning bulb path. So the expulsion from Eden. According to the theosophical view, the serpent's deception is the awakening of our duality. Right, So the serpent is a symbol of the Kundalini energy, or the latent spiritual power within attempts eve to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It represents the awakening of consciousness and duality within humanity, moving from a state of pure spirit to one of dual awareness. Adam and Eve's realization of their nakedness symbolizes the loss of primal unity in the emergence of self consciousness. The curses placed upon Adam and Eve and the serpent are symbolic of the karmic consequences of spiritual descent. Eve's pain in childbirth signifies the burden of material existence and the cycle of birth and death, while Adam's toil represents the struggle of the soul within the dense physical realm. The ground cursed to produce thorns and thistles is emblematic of the hardships encountered in the material plane as a result of humanity's choice to experience duality, and we'll get into the choice later. The expulsion guarded by the flaming sword, you know, the Cherubim, represents the soul's departure from the higher spiritual planes into the physical world. The sword of fire is a symbol of divine wisdom, which both protects the way to the Tree of life and signifies the barrier between the higher states of consciousness and the physical world. The journey into the material realm is a necessary phase of the soul's evolution, leading to the eventual return to divine unity after experiencing and transcending duality again. It's like the lightning bolt path and Kabbala. It strikes down and then it ascends back up right. The monad ego in the Seven bodies. According to theosophy, the narrative of Eden symbolizes the monad or the egos, descent into the physical plane, taking on the seven bodies of human existence, which, according to the esoteric view, or the physical body, the etheric body, the astral body, the lower mental body, the higher mental or the causal body, which is like the version of you that exists in the call or karmic plane, the intuitional or the booty like Buddha, the booty, and the spiritual or the monad atma, which is like the pure form of your soul that exists in a higher reality. You know, Otman is like soul and Hinduism. Obviously we said this in the in the in the Wisdom Traditions episode, not the Wisdom Traditions, I'm sorry, the Ageless Wisdom episode, but it you know, It's a nice little reminder that Helena Blovotski likes to relate a lot of these terms to like Hinduism or Tibetan Buddhism, because in her belief, they held like the most pure version of spiritual wisdom. Which is something that I read today from a very interesting guy that I've never heard of. His name is let me find it because I have it written down. His name is I think it's Bill Donahue. Yeah, it's Bill Donahue. And he was like a Catholic priest and now he has this website that is very very interesting and he just constantly dispels like esoteric wisdom, or not dispels, but like yeah, yeah, like just expounds on the symbolism and the Bible and all this stuff and what it really means. And something that he said in one of his videos that I watched today was that the uh, the story and revelations, which you know, we'll get to later, but he said that the story and revelations of all of the seven rivers in the East are symbolic of the hidden mysteries of the East. So like the idea of what he was saying is that like, even though you know, Western esotericism is true, and you know, God and deities and the soul, but that the wisdom of here's what he said. He said that the path to initiation, to awaken the soul is hidden in the mysteries of the East. So I was like, that's very interesting. I've had this thought for a while. It's like, I feel like you can't really have the truth unless you blend the wisdom of the East and the West. And when you put it in these terms, that's very fascinating because when you dive into these esoteric traditions of Western society, they have these like meditation practices and kundalini and tantra and like raising your your energy like they practice in Hinduism or Tibetan Buddhism. Yeah, you know, so it's like that's an interesting thought. It's like the concepts of the West have great ideas about like angelic hierarchies, you know, you could say like ritual magic, allegory, symbolism, all this other amazing stuff. But then maybe it's like the practices of the East have actual practices, like meditative practices.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think there are two necessary sides to the same coin, and they Mesh. That's one of the things that I adore so much about theosophy is that it pulls from both Western and Eastern philosophy, and it recognizes that it's all important to the whole, to the whole picture.
Speaker 3: That's right. And the amazing thing is that her Meticism itself did that too. It like, the whole point of these sages is they were traveling and they were learning all this knowledge and taking these scrolls. It was it was very syncretic, right, And there's that whole alternate version of Jesus where maybe he traveled to India, Tibet, Persia, Greece, you know, Egypt, and like Pythagorast did this. He actually, like the historical Pythagorast did this. He was like a sage who traveled. Yeah, and Plato did this, you know. And it's like, there's there's something to this notion that there is some profound, you know, mysticism in the East. But anyway, so I wanted to preface that that a lot of these terms are going to be in like Tibetan, Buddhist or Hindu terms, because it was Helena Bblovotsky's way of understanding it anyway, So back to that, these bodies represent varying degrees of materiality, with the monad ego's divine consciousness becoming increasingly enmeshed in the densest physical matter symbolized by the physical body. The descent is both a fall and yet also a necessary stage in the evolutionary journey and theosophical terms, the Lord God is not a single anthropomorphic entity or deity, rather but represents the collective forces of the elohem or spiritual intelligences driving the evolutionary process. These forces, while divine and origin manifest differently across various planes of existence, from a lower material perspective, they appear as limiting or even malevolent or satanic, symbolizing the dual aspect of divine will both creative and destructive as it pushes the monad ego toward physical incarnation and then eventual liberation. So think about that, and it talks about this later too. But the way that we understand satan, right, most people think it's an actual being, the stories of the devil in the Bible, that there's this one central evil personification that like is oppressing every living soul on earth. But then this view is like well, the stories of the devil and you know, the malevolent forces. When you really think about it and you zoom up to the highest level of reality where you're observing evolutionary processes, that it was necessary for our soul to suffer the experience of material reality and incarnate here, come lower and incarnate here for the experience of being here, and then evolve and grow and then you know, ascend back out of here. Not that it's like we're trapped here.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The gnostic view is like we're trapped here, We're in hell. It's a nightmare, and it's like maybe it is, but maybe it's also in the bigger picture, it's just a part of our journey.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, it's part of the journey. Like this, like this, what did you call it? The I know it's not no monad, monad said nomad. It's like the the monad is like this higher ultimate high consciousness thing, like this primordial consciousness wouldn't trap itself in a material realm to be tortured. It would willingly send itself to this material realm to learn what duality.
Speaker 3: Is to knowing that it will be tortured, yes, knowing that it's necessary because it will grow exactly, you know. So it's like on this level, it's it's perspective, right.
Speaker 4: No learning in heaven. Remember we said that before, Like it's that it's perspective.
Speaker 3: Like on the one hand, when you're you know, on the ground looking at things from a certain perspective, you're like, wow, this ocean is really big, and you know it's or you know, these trees are really big and they're as far as I can see, and then you're up in the sky and you look down in their little dots. It's just it's all about perspective, right. And it's the same with the soul, And that's that's a very interesting take, like maybe there even aren't negative and malevolent forces, which obviously I believe that there are. But then again, it's like when you go to the higher levels of reality, it's like, but you know, maybe that's a necessary part of this phase.
Speaker 4: It absolutely is.
Speaker 3: You know, it's one hundred percent necessary to test us to you know, to make us evolve even higher. And like there's some grand cosmic plan for us to come here into this place where it sucks. But it's like, well, you know, but it's going to be good. After, it's going to be better after, and it can be good here too.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's to learn to appreciate the cosmic truth, like to learn to appreciate the soul.
Speaker 3: And it's like building an immune system. Man, Like, you know, you can be exposed to pathogens that kill you. But then from a scientific perspective, you could be like, but what if in an intelligent way, I expose myself to these pathogens or you know, I'm not whatever, so that I could build an immune system and be stronger, you know, and be more resilient. And it's it's just like, it's the same with the soul. It's the same with higher realities. So the traditional Christian doctrine of original sin, which is obviously when they eat from the tree, roots in the Fall of Adam and Eve, as seen in Theosophy as a misunderstanding rather than a moral transgression. The fall symbolizes the natural descent of the human monads or souls into physical bodies as a necessary step in the human evolution. In this view, the use of procreative power by early humanity was not sinful, but it is a natural process essential for the survival and development of the species. The notion that sexuality is inherently impure is rejected. Rather, it is a neutral, impersonal force that can either be elevated or degraded depending on its use. Theosophy and pretty much all esoteric doctrines that aren't you know, like on the dark side, like the good shit. Theosophy emphasizes that while misuse of sexual energy can lead to negative outcomes, its proper transmutation can result in spiritual and intellectual creativity, inspiring genius, and even granting esoteric stages superhuman abilities.
Speaker 4: Just like everything in nature. Everything in nature can be elevated or degraded right on use, and leak can lead to awakening. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, when procreative nature is channeled and transmuted, it can lead to profound, spiritual and intellectual achievements. This process is not about rejecting physicality, but rather about elevating and integrating it into a higher spiritual context, aligning with the ultimate goal of human evolution, self realization and union with the divine. And it talks later about how a part of our a part of our experience here is like incarnating with like part of the fall into material reality was like the higher monad. This this ultra transcendent consciousness being like, Okay, I'm a perfect being, but I must subject myself to go down there to where I am subject to emotional, physical, and intellectual impulses, which on the physical level is like obviously, you know, the Seven Deadly sins devices whatever. It's like, I'm going to be subjected to these impulses, but then it's going to manifest on the human level as a desire for love. So it's like it's it's a part of the it's like, you know, anyway, we'll get to it later. But so the temptation by the devil, right, So, in esoteric philosophy, the devil in Eden is not a singular being, but a personification of various formative forces, processes, and intelligences. Satan represents differentiated matter, its inherent life force, and the influence these have on human consciousness. The devil embodies the negative pole of the cosmic energy spectrum, where matter plays a crucial role in the awakening of creative fire within the spirit. Spirit and matter are viewed as the positive and negative poles of one energy, and their interaction generates elect tromagnetic attraction, symbolizing the creative process, and this allegory, eve represents the universal substance responding to the life force. In parentheses, the devil and tempts atom symbolizing spirit to engage in material expression. The role of the devil in the human evolution, or the temptation by the devil rather, is not a malevolent act, but it is an essential aspect of the evolutionary process. It reflects the lure of material existence and the necessary descent of spirit into matter to achieve full self expression and ultimately spiritual growth. So at one point the mode add up in this high you know, extending you know, existing state of reality, which isn't even like you got to think about it, like there's one original consciousness, which is true from the Theosophic perspective, the Hermetic, the resicrution, the Mason that all these different traditions, you know, secret society, they're all like there's one consciousness. The Gnostics, whatever, the you know, Brahm and the supreme God of Hinduism. It's this one mind. Right. Theosophy and some other traditions say, well, at some point that mind was like but I want to experience, right, Yeah, So it seeks individualization. Individualization, that's a hard word. So it comes down here and it seeks to be individuals. Yeah, not just this one thing, but many different individuals.
Speaker 4: In order to see different perspectives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's like what would that be, Like, Yeah, it's gonna suck.
Speaker 4: Sure, it's going to really suck. It's to get the full picture. It's to like actually be able to have an experience rather than just like existing. It's an experience versus just you know, being out there exactly nothing going on.
Speaker 3: So that's what this is suggesting.
Speaker 4: Like if I was a ball of primordial energy and I'm just floating out there in the cosmos, I'd be like, this is fucking boring. I want to do something.
Speaker 3: I want to play Sonic Adventure to Battle.
Speaker 4: Literally, bro. I want to go to Sonic three in the theaters with my homies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I want to role play as egg Man.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I'll role play with you. Okay, I'll be older grandpa boys. Yeah yeah, I'll be older Grandpa man. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: But like, yeah, it makes sense. It makes so much sense to me, Like the want, the desire for those different experiences and that like if I was that infinite ball of energy, I would want to experience everything possible by throwing myself into billions of different entities, right, you know, and having continuous different experience.
Speaker 3: It's almost like a paradox to think about from a human perspective, right, Like, you know, because then I think about this perfect being and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Why would you do this? Why would you do this?
Speaker 3: But then it's like, but I also kind of get it because it's like.
Speaker 4: Why not, right, It's like if you didn't do this, and just what nothing ever happens ever, and there's no purpose or point to anything.
Speaker 3: It's just kind of you know there.
Speaker 4: Yes, literally it's gray. It's nothing. It's more interesting this way, infinitely infinitely more interesting. Yeah, there's you know, like yeah, the gray, the in between everything no hot, no cold, no good, no bad, no nothing, no hungry, no full.
Speaker 3: It's it's above my pay grade.
Speaker 4: Think about when you're freaking hungry for twenty four hours, you do a twenty four hour fast, or let's just say you go a day and you don't get to eat for a long time. Yeah, when you freaking eat, it's like the best thing that's ever happened.
Speaker 3: It's kind of nice.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like the best thing that's ever happened to you. Yeah, it's like the good stuff is infinitely better when you had to go through something difficult to get to it, right, it's infinitely more rewarding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's how I like to think it makes sense, like God being like, okay, I'm perfect, I'm omniscient whatever, But like what if I actually went down there and like tested myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, saw what it was like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like just to see, yeah, I'm back stronger.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's over my pay grade to understand it.
Speaker 1: But weird things happen in the backyard, lets house or shit, oh god, it's so weird.
Speaker 6: Coming clutter to like smirre ing on the inside of it. No one knows that.
Speaker 5: It's coming right over.
Speaker 2: Now, sighed every happy