Speaker 1: It's the JV and Sandy Show, and you can now save us as a preset on the iHeartRadio. It's Austin tad station one o three point one. Boy, when a waimo gets out of line, it's big news, but when you experience it firsthand, it's even better. And JB you you were in with one right something weimo that would not go where it's supposed to go.
Speaker 2: Yep, happened to me yesterday. I just wanted to run into Central Market real quick and get something. And I pull in like there's one you know, the Central Market oddly north because there's the one south too, and it's like a main entrance. Like everyone kind of comes through that pipeline and then feathers out.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, a woman had called a weeimo, but she was still in there checking out her groceries. And so it stopped right at the end of the row, and all these cars are filing in and we're all stuck.
Speaker 3: All of us were just sn't stuck there. It just can't go until it picks up it's right or.
Speaker 2: Huh exactly, And so it's there's a lot of times when I go, really it stopped there, like it.
Speaker 3: Just drives me.
Speaker 2: Now, that drives me crazy with human uber drivers sometimes and or you know lift drivers, like that's where you chose to stop.
Speaker 3: But we were all just stuck. We were like, Okay, I guess we wait.
Speaker 1: I wonder I really wonder if that's what happened in Los Angeles and that guy got out and started hitting it with the skateboard. I wonder if that, if there was the weimo was in a parking. Have you seen the video of the guy hitting the Waymos skateboard.
Speaker 3: And in the past few days, Yeah, you guys know what's going on in AULD say, I don't think that's at all what it was with the protest, No, not what it was.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe that's why he was upset with them and with his skateboard, not because it to get into the protester thing. But what the hell does everyone in LA right a skateboard? Skateboarders? It's like these adults on skateboards. I'm like, what the hell where who's riding a skateboard.
Speaker 3: At forty years old?
Speaker 2: Anyway, someone who's getting who needs to get paid to be to protest? Yeah, maybe going if you want to get.
Speaker 3: Me going, get him going, y'all will both get going.
Speaker 1: You can get going on that pretty good too. Just a theory, just a theory. I think it's more than a theory to another truth. But the way, mos, now that are these? Are there more coming? By the way, can I tell you quick stories? So the other day my friend needed to ask me if i'd pick him up from the airport, and for good friends, you'll go, right. But he enticed me with he said, take my car, and he's got a Tesla plaid with with the autopilot.
Speaker 3: That's like zero to sixty and like one point nine or something. It's insane, crazy fast. So I was like, that's tough to turn down.
Speaker 1: Then he told me how to use the autopilot and it drove me from Cedar Park to the airport three minutes.
Speaker 3: I launched him.
Speaker 1: It just drove it just I just sat there in the driver's seat and it just drove in the long time.
Speaker 3: You were going, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was like, all faith was in this, right, I mean, And he had it set to hurry mode, which means be very aggressive, and I dialed it back to and I just take it easy.
Speaker 2: So you just you just plugged in the airport and you just you just sat there put in at Barbara George.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Every I did not do touch a single thing. And when it drove me from Cedar Park all the way to.
Speaker 4: The airport, when did you then have to take it off auto pilot? Like when he got down into the tunnel, the Picnic.
Speaker 1: Tunnel, when I needed to drive to where he was at the end of the pick up. By the way, it abi a Now you can now pick up on upper end, lower deck.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's new, it's new to me. But you don't have to go to the downstairs to pick people up.
Speaker 4: But you still got to figure out how to pick people up without stopping the car because you're not allowed to stop the car, pop the trunk or slow down, even though you're picking up a human being.
Speaker 3: Right, and the rule when you're dropping someone off is a quick hug. That's it. Yeah, yeah, right, So anyway, I got well, I used to do that that.
Speaker 2: I used to just do that secretly, say hey, when you get off, just go upstairs.
Speaker 3: I'll pick you up there. Yeah right. I was doing it officially for a long time because it was great.
Speaker 1: Now they've got signs for and did you know that the water Burger at the airport is more than just a drive through. It's a full on restaurant.
Speaker 4: What it's not in, Oh your cell phone lot.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that I could go in. Yeah, you can go in. I only just saw the convenience store. I was early, so I went in and had a cheeseburger.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so we've got more of these autonomous cars coming though, And what is musks robotaxis robotaxi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, there's the first one.
Speaker 4: It's he's been saying is going to launch this month in Austin, And the first one was seen the other day and turning onto South Congress.
Speaker 3: People have posted hundreds of videos of it.
Speaker 4: It's just a Tesla, but it has like some graffiti style Robotaxi on the side of it.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy speaking of Tesla is doing like ninety five miles an hour out on the toll way one thirty. How long it takes to get from one end of the Tesla building to the other building. At ninety five miles an hour, It's incredible how big that place is.
Speaker 3: But so those are coming how long before none of us are driving? Right?
Speaker 2: And I'm just like what a what a great thing you are you guys, your daughter just turned sixteen. Yeah, yeah, you know, some of these safety features in an autonomous car can save a lot of lives.
Speaker 1: Exactly one hundred percent agree with you, because the car will take over. If you're pulling out into trafficking, your about to get t boned, the car is going to stop you before.
Speaker 2: I like the idea of autonomous car because I ride bikes a lot. Yeah, and the more of those are, the less likely I am to be hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My worry is not so much my daughter driving. My worry is all the other bad drivers out there driving.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this.
Speaker 4: We did one of those online driving courses, and I will not name names, but I will let you know that the majority of people that I have talked to who taught their kids how to drive with the online driving course, they are not logging anywhere near the forty hours required at all.
Speaker 3: They're just lying about it.
Speaker 4: So there are kids out there with driver's licenses who have not put in the number of hours required to be safe and efficient drivers.
Speaker 2: Well, and I've raised this question before, like, if it's literally door to door autonomous, why can't you put your ten year old in it, Yeah, to go to the mall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, but then remember what happened to those ladies who it went off road and stopped underneath the Mopack bridge. And then when it goes so it's your ten year old just stuck in the middle of traffic underneath Mopack. Like, I feel like there's always that kind of something could go wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh, that'd be a way I center for him. They're ten.
Speaker 1: I stick around more coming up at Austin's eighty station one O three point one. Hey, it's Jabi and Sandy for our friends at Kowala Cooling, Scott and Stacey. You know, the same great people behind kangaroof that I've been telling you about for a while. They are the same people that own Koala Cooling and Plumbing. They're great people to know, and they're really great to know if you've got AC problems.
Speaker 2: When I do big, big decisions like this, I'd like to know the owners. Yeah, I've met Scott and Stacy, great people. You do not want to get caught with your pants down in Texas with a broken air conditioner.
Speaker 3: The way to prevent that.
Speaker 2: Even if your AC's working fine right now, is to set up a service plan, have them come check it, and it may end up saving you a bunch of money. If you're on nfortunately in the need of help right now, call them immediately to get you cooled off again, because it's only going to get worse in the next few months.
Speaker 3: And don't forget about plumbing.
Speaker 1: If you've been putting off for repair for a leaky fast or a clog drain, Kowala can help you out with that too. Contact them at Koala Cooling dot com or call five to one two seven nine eighty eight hundred. The segment of the population that we're going to talk about I would consider to be the scourge of society, like the lowest of the low in society. They're talking about the squatter, the person that has no legal right to property, but they don't leave, they can't leave, they don't pay anything, They just squat there in somebody's property. And finally, the state of Texas is new.
Speaker 3: In something right.
Speaker 4: Apparently squatters have had so many rights because the laws put into place are old. They've been on the books since like back in the day. And if somebody abandoned a farmhouse exactly and so, but you hear all of those ridiculous stories about people who they had their house on the market and when they went to close they found out that squatters had been living in there and once they'd been there for X number of days. The squatters have more rights than the people who actually owned the house. So what has happened now is legislatures, legislators have sent a bill to Governor Abbott to get squatters out easier, to evict the squatters, to give them less rights than the homeowners have. And for some reason, I am super over the top about this. Not that I've ever been involved in a squatter's issue, but when I hear these outrageous stories about squatters, I get irrationally angry about it.
Speaker 2: I watched a video of this poor woman had a rental house and they just quit paying and we're living in it, and you know on the video, like she calls the police, and the police show up and they go, sorry, man, there's nothing we can do. This is a civil matter.
Speaker 3: How is this different than a home invasion?
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 1: And civil officer, I'm gonna tell you this. You can call it a civil matter right now. But it's about five minutes. It's gonna be a whole lot more than a civil matter. That's where I'm mate is, We're gonna get ugly up in there right now.
Speaker 4: There are people you can hire to come in and physically remove squatters. Really, yes, Like there was some story about a house I don't know up in New York or something like that, and they did everything they could. They went through the legal system, the court system. These the people had been there for months and months and months, and finally they found some guy who he's like the guy who's beyond the law, like an old retired cop who knows all the tricks inside out.
Speaker 2: Stuff, kind of like a bounty hunter.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and he got them out.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd give JB about three days to come up with an idea to get rid of them, and he'd have a doozy.
Speaker 2: And they won't even know where it came.
Speaker 1: From, the idea, where it came from. I'm telling you don't want to cross him. I don't want to cross JB.
Speaker 3: You do, and it comes in so handy. Sometimes.
Speaker 4: There was just a story about a guy who couldn't get squatters out of his rental property, so he and his buddies just moved in with them. He and a bunch of his big giant buddies moved in, moved into all the rooms or living where with the squatters, and just waited them out because eventually they had to leave the squatters, but there were so many of the buddies, none of them had to leave. As soon as they were gone, locked him out and got it back and that was the end of it.
Speaker 3: JB.
Speaker 1: Do you do you lean into your dark passengers? That's what I call the mean street. Yeah. Yeah, I have a very dark passenger that I carry around and I lean into it sometimes.
Speaker 2: Never I never addressed it with a name or anything, but yeah, I guess I have that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good, it's kind of gratifying, yeah it yes.
Speaker 3: To know that you have it in you, right, it's when needed, you got it. Well, that was what was called on Dexter.
Speaker 4: Right, Dexter that his dark passenger is what made him a serial killer.
Speaker 1: Right, So we're not saying our dark passengers are serial killers. But I think everyone's got a dark passenger, and I don't think you should try to get rid of it now.
Speaker 3: I think is there for your protection to some degree, exactly.
Speaker 1: So we'll see what they do if this bill gets passed turned I think the session just ended though, didn't it. Yeah, but it's on the governor's desk. It's on his desk, so it did get passed, it was brought up, it got passed, and now it's on the governor's desk and he's got to sign it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's good. I hope he does.
Speaker 1: All Right, it's the JV and Sandy Show. We'll do this again tomorrow, so make sure you're here for it on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one