Speaker 1: Oh, let's do this. Let's do it. Let's do it, do it. Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, ride Ryan.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, sir, come on, wakey, wake her hands off those cupcakes. Welcome aboard of this free beer Friday. My buddy Alex is going to be out holding things down at Onion Creek tomorrow for their seventeenth annual eight pounds Chilly Throwdown.
Speaker 3: Why do I mention that off the top, Well, every.
Speaker 1: Beer winner today is going to get a one Onion Creek gift card. You could use that sucker tomorrow. Okay, that's at six, seven, eight and nine. Danny Boy, Oh, Danny boy.
Speaker 3: He's going for win number two. It's matter with him. He got rid of smoke show Carla.
Speaker 1: He's playing to win. He's going for win number two. Fresh out of mad heads your head at six to twenty. Bring me the Horizon tickets on sale today at ten. We'll get you in homeroom. You're getting those tickets on the fun Fact Flashback. Offspring tickets go on sale today ten a m who's planning this stuff. We'll get you into the Offspring show with Jimmy World and newfound glory at seven twenty Do Doo Do Do spring Break next week. We got those landryes all day ride passes, a four pack for you at eight twenty open Phones Friday, and then Chillie, you said, of a bitch, he put Deptones sold out tickets the last thing today on the show. He put those Depthtones tickets in there on nother show that's a sold out show.
Speaker 3: We'll get you in there on the floor just today.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent chance of rank clouds, guys, highs of a round eighty. We'll get into the weekend coming up. But first Alex is sitting standing by right there. He's sitting by with Houston's headlines. What you got who all Good morning, Roding Morning home Room.
Speaker 4: While funeral arrangements were being made for congressmen and formers Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, the Texas House passed a resolution yesterday allowing him to lie in honor in the Hall of the State House of Representatives. People who would like to pay their respects can do so next week on Thursday and Friday. The late US representative died suddenly at seventy years old on Tuesday night in Washington, d c According to Turner's family, he went to the hospital after President Donald Trump's address to Congress and was released. He died at home after that from enduring health complications.
Speaker 3: The family said.
Speaker 4: Flags at Houston City Hall and all throughout the city are being flown at half staff in Turner's honor. The third privately built lunar Lander touched down on the Moon yesterday afternoon, but not without incident. During the final approach, issues with the laser navigation system arose, leading to questions about the landers position. Engineers are analyzing data to determine whether or not the lander is still currently upright and operational. If it did tip over, that would leave the number of successful lunar landings by private companies at one. And some other Space News SpaceX's Starship experience to failure during its eighth test flight, leading to a temporary halt of flights at major Florida airports. Eight minutes after lift off, the spacecraft loss control due to engine failure, leading to what Elon Musk called a rapid, unscheduled disassembly. Despite the setbacks, SpaceX successfully recovered the super heavy booster, which returned to its launch pad as planned and was caught by those giant robotos, which is always cool to say.
Speaker 3: They call them the chopsticks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it, It's really cool. Okay, So yeah, a lot of space news yesterday.
Speaker 4: Well, Happy employee Appreciation Day, everybody?
Speaker 1: Oh really, we are we getting?
Speaker 4: We always celebrate boss's Day, don't we? So I would imagine we're gonna get piece of party. Actually, nothing's gonna happen. Unfortunately, your company will probably not be celebrating it. Only nineteen percent of people said that their company was planning to do anything to thank or recognize staff members today. Ninety one percent said that they'd appreciate it and that it might make them like their boss a little bit more if they did.
Speaker 3: Do something today. The top things that people would.
Speaker 4: Like to get for employee Appreciation Day include free food, a card, and most importantly cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I really think it will ever happen.
Speaker 1: All right, Is anybody being appreciated in an extra way today at their job? I'm just curious, sir.
Speaker 5: Not.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't never have to celebrate boss's Day.
Speaker 3: Nothing's planned here.
Speaker 4: Actress Pamela Bach, the ex wife of David Hasselhoff has died of a self inflicted gunshot wound.
Speaker 3: She was sixty one years old.
Speaker 4: Her body was found at her home on Wednesday night after family members called police when they hadn't heard from her in a while. Hasselhoff issued a statement saying quote, our family is deeply saddened by the recent passing of Pamela Hasselhoff. We are grateful for the outpouring of love and support during this difficult time, but we kindly request privacy as we grieve and navigate through this challenging time with Pamela and David were married from nineteen eighty nine to two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: They have two daughters together.
Speaker 4: I believe they met on the set of night Rider, and then she was on Baywatch with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah a decade so yeah, she was working with him while being married to him all those years.
Speaker 4: Okay, you won't be able to use your phone if you're planning on going to a ghost show. The band announced that they will restrict phone access on its upcoming tour, saying quote, we want fans to be there in the moment.
Speaker 3: It's so hard to get people to engage these days.
Speaker 4: They're gonna make fans put their phones in one of those pouches where you can't use it during the show, and the band says that they have used them before and that those crowds were much better for those shows. Ghosts World Tour is gonna stop in Houston on August sixteenth when they play at the Toyota Center. Those are Houston's headlines all right now, my sports guy, Well, Rockets got back on the right track yesterday. They beat the Pelicans one O nine to ninety seven. Alphahinching Dune had twenty two points in the night to leave the team in scoring. They're gonna have a day off before playing the Pelicans again tomorrow night, this time at the Toyota Center. Down at Spring Training, the Astros also gotta win. They beat the Mets five to one. They're gonna play the Cardinals tonight in Jupiter for what a first pitch for that is at five oh five, And you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports Quiff.
Speaker 1: On this one. I would love nothing more than to have fun.
Speaker 4: Come on, Employee Fun Appreciation Day, are going to be appreciated.
Speaker 1: Let's have some fun today.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: I know it's dark, it's early. We got the daylight saving thing happening tomorrow. That's gotten me in a good mood. It's Friday, It's got me in a good mood. Spring Break is next week. We're gonna be off, so we're gonna have some extra I'm gonna have extra fun today.
Speaker 3: What I will too?
Speaker 1: If you want to hop on the train Chili, there's room for you, and there's room for every single one of you. You want to have a good time this morning, then you found the right place. Okay, four hours of paint, No, four hours of fun? Yeah, okay, beer one hundred dollars Onion Creek gift card. Let's get after it. Man, the most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 6: Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: Got a free Bam Friday?
Speaker 6: You got a free Man Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday, Friday. Maare Friday?
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning? Hello?
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 8: Hello is Gary?
Speaker 1: Gary? Would you like some beer?
Speaker 8: Your third?
Speaker 4: My gosh, Gary's my guy.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna actually you're gonna be Alex's guy. Yeah, Now you're Alex's guy. And I'll tell you why. Gary, you got the beer? Congratulations where you from? From Green's point? Okay, the questions are only gonna get harder.
Speaker 8: Think about it.
Speaker 1: Here's what I got, Here's what I got for you. I have a one Onion Creek gift card. The seventeenth Annual H Town Chili Throwdown is going down tomorrow one to six. Now, I'm pretty sure Gunner is a great guy. Okay, Alice is not gonna want me to tell you this. This one Onion Creek gift card is good anytime. What Alex would like is for you to come tomorrow and blow that whole hundred dollars and blow it out with him at the H Town Chili throwt out. All right, So it's up to you. You can use it tomorrow, you can use it whenever you want. But both of those things are now yours.
Speaker 2: Gary.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you, all right, my brother, thank you man. Whatever What do you doing have so early?
Speaker 3: You're working? I don't know if we need to dump out of that.
Speaker 1: Did you swear?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Gary?
Speaker 2: Earlier I'm trying to stay focused on this record.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but thank you for the yeah, thank you for the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's let's let's let's get you all that stuff and let's get you focusing on your ride. Listen, you're on the radio.
Speaker 3: You got some guy yelling at you, Mom. And the meat loaf.
Speaker 1: You know what, I will have some meat loaf. I don't know. I don't know what this guy's yelling at me about. On the phone, Gary, you got your stuff, You're great.
Speaker 3: Curse tomorrow at Onion Creek, keep out, hang on.
Speaker 1: Did you have to dump him? I did? I think he he did say he cursed. Oh yeah, he even admitted that he cursed. Okay, all right, Chili take care, get you gentlemen. Get his information's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I get you. I get you. It happens.
Speaker 4: Even though Chili does to tell you that don't hurt, they still say things that you can't say.
Speaker 3: All right, it's gonna kind of go down like that. He knew what he won, Mom.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's like, good, thank you for the beer, thank you for the Onion Creek gift card. The Chili throwdown is one to six.
Speaker 3: You're gonna stroll in there around three three, maybe.
Speaker 1: A little earlier. I don't know, dude. I like chili cook offs.
Speaker 3: I like chill.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna bring the fam dude, chance of morning showers. By the time this thing rolls, it's gonna beautiful out. And wait, you're gonna have a beautiful day.
Speaker 4: Twe I canna eat anything all day leading up to this, so I can just gorge myself on chili.
Speaker 1: Oh that poor wife hears you're gonna be sleeping in the guest room. Maybe you're gonna be sleeping in your podcast room. Yeah, at the house. All right, it's gonna kind of go down like that. I mean, hopefully the callers will be a little bit different, but it's gonna happen like that. At six we just did it, seven, eight and nine. Okay, Now Danny Boy going for win number two. He better be up and ready to go. He better be slapping himself in the face, getting ready for everyone's coming for him. Right now. I've got Violent Femme's tickets to the winner of the Fresh Out of Bad Head to Head Bring Me the Horizon. Tickets go on sale today at ten. Like I said, fun fact flashback, which what am I gonna flash back to? You don't know, you don't know. You gotta be around for it. At six forty Okay, offerring tickets again, go on sale today at ten. We'll get you those tickets at seven twenty deftones sold out. Know the show? You're getting those tickets open phones Friday.
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you want on of me?
Speaker 1: Maybe the best show ever?
Speaker 3: What more do you want to be?
Speaker 1: Today? I got to give a shout out to Kevin Hughes. He's like brother Rod. Been up since one point thirty, been at work since three.
Speaker 3: He didn't say what he does.
Speaker 1: Let's have four hours of painful fun.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get that, Kevin. Today. You're gonna get that. And guess what, I'm not charging. The show's free today. I'm not charging, Okay.
Speaker 4: I am gonna play appreciation. If you're an employee, it's free, full disclosure.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna run a couple of commercials, but I'm not charging for today's show.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool, okay. I A lot of people couldn't do that, you know.
Speaker 1: I am giving you the Rod Reman Show for free today. All right, quick break? When we come back in a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of bed Head to head.
Speaker 10: Challenge Houston Houston's alternatives and tell him at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz Welcome Back Everybody, rod Ryan Show six twenty three.
Speaker 3: I got Kladi's guys for you today.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent chance of rain, high of eighty, Alex, You're gonna be great out there for your seventeenth annual h Town Chili Throwdown. Exited for it Onion Creek one to six. There's just gonna be some thirty percent chances of morning showers. The rest of the day is gonna beautiful too. High have seventy eight. That's perfect party weather. Ten percent chance of rain. It's gonna cool off quite a bit. Man might only be around sixty on Sunday. Let's do let's do what's trending? First call?
Speaker 3: All right, what you got over there?
Speaker 4: Well, SpaceX is trending. The SpaceX starship. It had some engine failure yesterday, so that was not successful. But the rocket boosters did land in what they're calling the chopsticks, the robot arms, the grab it. So failure as the launchic as a whole, but the boosters still got caught and we got to see that cool thing.
Speaker 1: It's just because one person asked that means other people have the same question. That was an unmanned spacecraft that exploded. So that's why it's just oh okay, I mean it's and they never talk about this as being a setback. They're like, no, here's what we're gonna learn from this, you know, they always have a positive spin. Well, and what's that. What's different about SpaceX is so many other things that.
Speaker 4: We've done before, was like the rocket would just be gone forever. Like we're getting a lot like this one. Yeah, there's some things that you lose, but like we're trying to be able to reuse these things over and over.
Speaker 3: Again, which is cool.
Speaker 1: Pamela Bach is trending as well.
Speaker 4: David Hasoff's ex wife was found dead with a self afflicted gunshot wound, and Hasselhoff is acting for privacy during all of this tragic news that we found out.
Speaker 3: And then Stephen A. Smith is trending.
Speaker 4: He got into a verbal altercation with Lebron James at last night's Lakers Knicks game, and it looked by lip readers like Lebron possibly told him to keep my son's name out of your mouth. Your son is a Laker He is part of what Steven A. Smith talks about, like, you can't really get mad about that. I feel like, but that's what's training on night for by the vice.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the victory speech?
Speaker 1: I do remember the victory speech.
Speaker 3: Read on it.
Speaker 1: I'm playing it again. Dandy boy did not want any help on this victory speech. So here you go in all its glory. Hey Danny, you're rolling go good morning.
Speaker 11: This is Danny.
Speaker 8: You're fresh out of bed.
Speaker 12: One day Champion, Join me on Friday, and I go for win number two.
Speaker 8: Oh Man Friday from Nope, I lost it.
Speaker 3: You know what, we're keeping it all right?
Speaker 1: Sounds good, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's who you're calling to play against. Who cares what your victory speech sounds like. Just come in here and kick a little ass seven one three two, win two five ninety four five, three days Grace ninety four five, The Buzz enty four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Free Beer Friday, Thank you Specs got to the case of beer and a one hundred dollars Onion Creek gift card coming your way straight.
Speaker 3: Up at seven o'clock. Bring me the Horizon.
Speaker 1: Tickets go on sale today at ten homeroom. You're getting those on the fun fact flashback Cloudy's guys today, twenty percent chance of rain, highs of around eighty. Let's play a game, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 4: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Let's bring on Danny boy, Danny. If you win, I refuse to help you on your victory speeches. They're too fun. You're doing it up. You're doing it on your own. It's funny. It was great, it was so bad, it was awesome. You're going for win number two today. Do not be a one pump jump all right, all right, all right, you take it on. Tony Tony, yes, sir. You know I used to love when my feed. I don't know if it was Instagram reels, maybe it was the early days of TikTok. It's like, hey, what's your name? Tony?
Speaker 2: You better not?
Speaker 1: You better not.
Speaker 3: I used to love that bit, Tony.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the game, and I'm understanding that this is your first time planned Yes, sir, first dude fish fish. Oh all right, Tony, it's easy. You just got to shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 4: These are easy questions. And the colt's been giving me questions for like three.
Speaker 1: Months now and they're great. Like, I mean, never let her not supply the questions. Yeah, they're really good. So Tony, you get you get the concept here. You've never played. You just shut out your name when you think you know the answer, Okay, bro, I mean if it was easy, everybody would win. I have Violent Femmes concert tickets for you, March eighteenth, playing the White Oak Music Hall. Danny, you know how to do this?
Speaker 8: Here we go, yes, sir, all right?
Speaker 3: Question number one.
Speaker 1: You're listening for Danny and Tony please.
Speaker 3: Danny destroyed. He smoked the Smoke Show.
Speaker 1: He smoked Smoke Show Karly yesterday. Question number one, what nocturnal bird? Asks who Dandy? Danny owl? That's an owl? All right, Tony? I didn't Tony, I didn't hear you at all.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Not a bird? Okay, not a bird.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 1: You should have been listening to Alex's AOL the other day. It was all about birds. We've been talking about birds a lot this week with the eagles nest. Yeah that that live video. Some gal email me, She's like, ride, You've ruined my life. Okay, I can't stop watching those eagles in the nest.
Speaker 3: They're great. All right, Danny's on the board with an owl. Tony hasn't said.
Speaker 1: His name yet. Maybe this go around, here comes your question.
Speaker 4: What are the rocks when you order a drink on the rocks?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 3: Tony?
Speaker 7: Tony?
Speaker 1: All right, ice cubes, Welcome to the game, Welcome to the game. All right, booze questions for Tony please? No birds, No birds, just alcohol for Tony. Okay, well I can't promise that, but we know what you're doing the birds. We know what you're doing this weekend, Tony. All right for the win. Okay. I think this is a hard question. I'm gonna I'm gonna use it. It's a Friday. Everybody should be razor sharp, Tony and Danny. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Who do sailors say is a fine girl? That's a tough one. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. The ship, show me the ship, not on this show, Danny.
Speaker 3: Who do sailors say is a fine girl?
Speaker 1: It's a tough question. Three Yeah, I say, let's say Brandy, she's a fine girl. What a good. What if you would be Brandy.
Speaker 4: Lady is the sea.
Speaker 1: Nicole? I like the question, thank you? Also, all right, here we go. Let's get back to whatever it is we do here.
Speaker 3: Layups here, Okay, that is.
Speaker 1: What we do here. All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: For the win.
Speaker 1: You each have one. If I'm got caught up singing there? What is the hard thing under your scalp that protects your brain? Danny?
Speaker 3: Goal winner.
Speaker 1: Winner les plus. All right, Tony. Apparently if we just asked questions about booze and on the rock streamps and shaken not stirred, and beer and barrels of whiskey, apparently you would have won this game. But I just can't ask those types of questions, Tony. So you're gonna do that. You have to do that around time. Okay, all right, Tony, good to have you on.
Speaker 8: Danny to job.
Speaker 1: Danny, you're your dominance wasn't the same as it.
Speaker 4: Was yesterday, I know, but the outcome, but the outcome was the same.
Speaker 1: So all right, your victory speeches suck. Your second game sucks, but you're still around.
Speaker 3: You're still around, dude, all right, Way to go.
Speaker 1: Get down there for me, that's a two day victory for Danny on the Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan show me six thirty eight cloudy skuys today till twenty percent chance of rain high of eighty.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow's the nicest day of the weekend.
Speaker 1: Well, today's badass. But between Saturday and Sunday tomorrow early thirty percent chance of morning showers seventy eight will be the high. Sunday's going to cool off a little bit, partly cloudy, low chances of rain. HI have maybe fifty nine, one hundred percent. I told him I would. I would have his back on this one hundred percent. Not Danny Boy's faults on not being able to get a victory speech.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want to, if you want to hear what his recording sounded like, it sounded like this. That's what I recorded while he was trying to do his victory speech. Yeah, you can't even hear him. I don't like that. I mean, I love Lincoln Park, but for some reason, Lincoln Park was all I could record.
Speaker 4: And again, no one else was using the studio, so it just it just does that on its own.
Speaker 1: Damn it so no victory speech for Danny. I knew it was going to be gold too. Man, Damn, all right, I gotta figure this out. I don't know something's being routed wrong here, but I let's let's just move forward here. That means everybody's just I mean, everybody you hear on the radio on this show is live anyway. The only thing that I the only phone call that I record is the victory speech. Everyone else is live. That's what we already had to dump the first phone call. Or guys, don't swear when you talk to us, okay, because you are live on the radio on the show. All right, hand to head challenge, here's your current champion.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just Dandy would have been doing greatness right now. I know his speech would have been awesome. So we're just gonna move on to the next element. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart, everybody. It's the fun that to the day. All right, here we go. Daylight saving time. You know I'm gonna mention that. Come on. Of course, it was original created to save energy. The theory was more sunlight would lead to less electricity being used.
Speaker 3: But the opposite is now true.
Speaker 1: End it already because of air conditioning. We use one percent more electricity during daylight saving.
Speaker 4: There's also some increased productivity during World War One.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's farmers involved with this as well. I know you're talking about that in the Houston headlines. Did you see Well are you gonna talk about I'm looking at Quentin Tarantino's name. Elon Musk he did a pole question.
Speaker 3: I will be talking about that. Okay, good.
Speaker 1: Quentin Tarantino did a rewrite on the movie It's Pat. That is now if you're wondering about what do you mean?
Speaker 3: It's Pat.
Speaker 1: It was a Saturday Night Live movie back in the day based on a character named Pat, kind of like an unknown gender character. They asked Quentin Tarantino to do a rewrite. He did, it was paid, he was uncredited. Oh wow, what was there like a bloody gory scene in there somewhere with feet? Maybe? Yeah, I don't know. Fun fact, guys, that's how that's how you learn these things. Finally, this was I thought fascinating. I didn't know this. The Louver was built in Paris in one thousand, one hundred and ninety as a fortress in case the Vikings ever raided France. That's neat.
Speaker 3: It didn't become a museum until seventeen ninety three.
Speaker 4: France was pretty easy to raid back in the day, as we look out through history, so like probably a good move to build like a plan.
Speaker 3: I didn't know because I didn't go through it.
Speaker 1: I imagine every single person that goes through the Louve probably learns this. I just looked at it from Afar. I did it one day trip in Paris, so I didn't have time. I didn't want to like going there and spend twenty minutes in the loop just to say I was there. So I hope to get back there, but I had no idea. And Vikings all over fun facts this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I've been Vikings third day.
Speaker 1: Fuck, that's of the day. We make you look smart and fun of your buddies. It's the fuck that's to the day. Okay, here we go. I've talked about it so many times. Bring me the Horizon tickets on sale today.
Speaker 3: There's it's a Toyota Center show.
Speaker 1: So you go to the you go to Toyota Center dot com to buy your tickets, or you come to me. It's your fun. It's cheaper when you come to me for tickets, trust me, only about two percent of people have them.
Speaker 3: What are the what's the rarest eye color in the world?
Speaker 1: Who I know this one?
Speaker 3: Brown is the most common.
Speaker 1: Don't come at me with brown or gulash today. What are the rarest? What's the rarest eye color? It would be funny if somebody said ghulash seven one three, two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. You guys have been funny this week, man, very funny this guy. Hell, good morning, brother Rod, Good morning. You and your little markets over there have been pissing me off all week. Yeah, I have such a good week except for this segment. I hope you guys got your act together over there. How'd we do yesterday?
Speaker 9: Hey, we're working on it. Yesterday the Dow was down four hundred come damn it?
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, kick.
Speaker 9: Off this morning of forty two thousand, five hundred and seventy nine, Nash back down four hundred and eighty three points eighteen thousand and sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Bench Martinar Treasury is trading.
Speaker 9: At a four point two six percent in oil. Is that sixty seven dollars thirty two cents of barrel to the most actor is the Big Studs Verizon, United Health and Hive the Big Dutch Navidia Golden at Saxon Amazon. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the US unemployment.
Speaker 8: Right for February.
Speaker 1: Right now, futures. Hey, they're looking good.
Speaker 9: We're on the opside. Hang on to this via pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it, I'm met here. This is Howlan benstructed with the Raymond James pretty for the right Ryan Shop Raymond James, John saying flip and it gets to end up. Get to always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 14: Famen's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James Associates. Thank come ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 8: We'll continue.
Speaker 14: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the bestaes. The dots are based on movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young man ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back, everybody. Let's go to the phonees. Yeah, goods. Jillie tells me Sergio is wanting to get in home room here.
Speaker 3: All right, I got room for one more Sergio, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Worried?
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 4: I got a full class this morning for home room, but I'm gonna let you in.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking for the eye color that is the rarest in the world.
Speaker 2: That would be green, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, dude, congratulations, I've got those. Bring me the Horizon tickets Motionless in White, the Plot in You some other band September twenty sixth at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 4: Dude, tickets not on sale until ten. You got them right now?
Speaker 1: Man, wait to go.
Speaker 8: Awesome there, awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: K Yeah, yeah, you should be thanking me for letting you in here.
Speaker 1: I have packed house here.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Sergio, have a bringing so much. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend. Hang on for me. Here's since headlines next after Nirvana and About a Girl ninety four to five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good morning, rot Ryan Schump, Nirvana a girl from their Unplugged in New York. I'll tell you right now if that doesn't become a documentary Sunday about everything that went down on that day and how it went down. There's got to be some footage that we haven't seen. Who is the white quest Love that would go out and make that documentary because right now quest Love Ruben seems like he would be No, he doesn't really do documentary. Two zen to just just just to one of his friends.
Speaker 3: I met Rick Rubin has a buddy that's like the white quest Love.
Speaker 1: Because quest Love's killing it right now in the documentary game. I love him too. Man. The sly Stone one is unbelievable life. Watch it and I got to see a piece of it that I want to watch the whole It's so good. So we just need to figure out who's going to make that documentary because I need to know everything about that Unplugged in New York, that one crazy day. All right, guys, pah, next hour more beer Offspring tickets. I got twenty percent chance of rain today cloudy sky's highs of around eighty Alex has used to headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, good morning everyone, good morning home room while funeral arrangements are being made for Congressman and former Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner. The Texas House passed the resolution yesterday allowing him to lie in honor in the Hall of the State House of Representatives. People who would like to pay their respects can do so next week on Thursday and Friday, the US. The late US representative died suddenly at seventy years old on Tuesday night in Washington, DC. According to Turner's family, he went to the hospital after President Donald Trump's addressed to Congress and was released. Then he died at home from enduring health complications.
Speaker 3: The family said.
Speaker 4: Flags at Houston City Hall and all throughout the state are being flown at half staff in Turner's honor. Daylight Savings time me. Daylight saving time excuse me? Means that clocks spring forward an hour this weekend. But in a very unscientific poll, Elon Musk asked people on X what the US should do with the clocks if the time change was canceled. Of those who responded, fifty eight percent wanted it to be an hour later, while forty two percent wanted it an hour earlier. Back in December, President Donald Trump said that quote the Republican Party will use its best efforts to eliminate daylight saving time and went on to call it inconvenient and very costly to our nation. The practice was originally meant to add more daylights to the working day during World War One and save energy costs. That law also established the five time zones that America still uses today. The Weather Channel showed a live feed of Bourbon Street during a Marti Gras parade on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if you were doing the story or no. Oh yeah, buddy, dude, this is so funny.
Speaker 4: Always a risky move to do anything on Bourbon Street because a woman in the crowd immediately flashed the camera. They did manage to cut away right before you saw anything, though, but that just goes to show that Bourbon Street can't be trusted with a live shot in any situation. Do you remember not this past Sugar Bowl, but it was the Texas and Washington Sugar Bowl And they were like, like you know when they do the b roll with like, hey, this is Bourbon Street, New Orleans, right outside the Super Dum And it was just like a girl was like, oh this camera boods yes, And it wasn't even during Marty Gaul or anything like that. It's like if you go down Bourbon Street, people are just gonna show you boobs, which I'm not hating on at all. I think you should have a hidden boob in every game to get people to watch it.
Speaker 1: But like, what are you thinking? Man?
Speaker 3: The Weather Channel is the Weather. You're either gonna love them or hate.
Speaker 1: Them when you see the clip. Okay, because doing what we do for a libby, the guy handed away perfectly and the the anchor handled it brilliantly. Now I would have rather had a massive fail on the cameraman's and kept it on her longer. But I've got a little audio for you and you can hear how she just put.
Speaker 8: Or whether she had.
Speaker 15: You're taking a live look at New Orleans right now as people they are celebrating Marty Gras festivities. They're all just kind of soaking in that last little bit.
Speaker 1: All right, let's come to me now. So Weather, Yeah, she did really, really good. She did really good jets on the Rod Ryan Show page. Right, it's got its own Blogdo go check it out today because it's so glorious. And then you can see the woman that's parading naked on a Southwest flight.
Speaker 4: I saw that up and down the aisle, up and down.
Speaker 3: Awesome. It's awesome. That blog page should be number one today. I would imagine it'll be high up there.
Speaker 1: All right, this is Randy Travis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, country Starrandy Travis is getting his own biopic.
Speaker 1: Biopic beopike.
Speaker 4: I don't know a fellow country star, Clay Walker of Houston, Texans fame, is playing him in the movie.
Speaker 3: The movie's gonna be called Forever and Ever Amen.
Speaker 4: After Travis's nineteen eighty seven hit, and in twenty nineteen memoir, Randy's wife told People magazine that they want to tell his life story just as he lived it. Clay says that it'll be a story of deep struggles, redemption, and a man who's overcome a lot of challenges.
Speaker 3: He also calls it a story that deserves to be told.
Speaker 4: Travis was fifty four when a stroke robbed him of his voice in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: Clay Walker is fifty five, I believe.
Speaker 4: So he'll play the older version of Travis, and then they'll have younger actors kind of filling in throughout the years. And they're superpals. They are so like one of your best friends is playing you in a movie. I don't know what is Randy Travis? Does this go to the movie theaters? Is it a Netflix thing? We don't know it'll be. So they plan to start filming this summer in Nashville and North Carolina. It's expected to hit theaters sometime next spring.
Speaker 3: So what is the theater release?
Speaker 4: I always remember Randy Travis as from the show Hey Arnold and Nickelodeon, Mister Wynn saying the simple Things, and it was Randy Travis song. And I didn't realize that was Randy Travis until I got much older. Okay, and some more music related news. Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things is going to release a debut album in June. The actor known for playing Mike in the show wanted to see if he could write fifty songs by the end of twenty twenty two, and he's now going to release some of them.
Speaker 3: On this LP. He'll actually be the second Oh this is what you got some I got it? Take a listen.
Speaker 1: I like this, dude, I really like it.
Speaker 3: It's sugar sweet and.
Speaker 1: It seems like you can throw it on Stranger Things. Maybe it's sugary sweet. It's just a pop song. It's real simple. Finn Wolfhart is like the main kid in uh Stranger Things. Yeah, he does a real lo fi video for this. It's all on the music blog page today. He's got the money to do like a big budget video, and he didn't. I like that he didn't. It's really good. Yeah, it sounds I wanted to watch it now. It's it sounds like some late sixties British pop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can see that. Sounds like it'd be like right before or after a Beach Boys song. Yeah, summer jam maybe maybe lo early.
Speaker 1: Let's let's keep that. Uh, let's put that on the shelf for possible summer jams. I heard it this morning and I couldn't believe how much I liked it.
Speaker 4: He's actually gonna be the second Stranger Things cast member to put out music. His co star Joe Keery, who played Steve Harrington in the show, released music under the name Joe It's spelled DJ and that actually kind of went viral on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Do you remember this song this is the Guy with the Good Hair?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Steve, but this kind of went viral on TikTok for a while. And then people were like, boy, that's Steve Harrington from Stranger Things. So Stranger Things, very musical cast. Who would have known?
Speaker 1: Go listen.
Speaker 4: We were like eight years old when we first met him, but now look at him. Go listen to the Finnwolf Heart song. It's really good again. His album will come out June sixth. Those are Uston's headlines.
Speaker 1: What you got in the sports.
Speaker 4: Rockets gotta win last night they beat the Pelicans one oh nine and ninety seven Alpria in Shangdun at twenty two points in the night to lead the team in scoring. They're gonna have a day off before playing the Pelicans again tomorrow night, this time back at home at a Toyota Center down at spring training. The Astros took care of the Mets yesterday five to one. They'll play the Cardinals tonight in Jupiter, Florida. First pitches at five oh five. And you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports, The.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Morning Show, six AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 6: Friday on Friday, you got a free Bam Friday. You got a free ban Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right le bam Friday and right free Bam Friday and right free maam Friday.
Speaker 1: Here we go, all right, right, right, good morning Rot Ryan Show.
Speaker 16: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, Yes, sir, Hi, what's your name?
Speaker 11: You're Scott?
Speaker 1: Your caller? Ten?
Speaker 8: What up?
Speaker 17: Who?
Speaker 18: I feel?
Speaker 19: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Super awesome?
Speaker 1: Hi Scott, first time caller, First time caller, dude, Free beer Friday?
Speaker 3: The first time you've ever called the show?
Speaker 4: Yes? There?
Speaker 3: What was different about today that you?
Speaker 9: I mean?
Speaker 11: Have you heard I tried.
Speaker 1: I've tried.
Speaker 20: I've tried calling for a free beer Friday, but I'll never get through.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the first time you're getting through.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 3: It's a great one today, dude. Thank you Specs for the beers.
Speaker 1: But I'm also going to give you a one hundred dollars Onion Creek gift card. The seventeenth annual Htown Chili Throwdown is happening tomorrow. You could use that card tomorrow if you want. As you can use that card as soon as tomorrow. We're not going to force him to use it tomorrow. But Alex doesn't want me telling you that you can use it whenever you want. He wants you to bring that card down and just blow the whole thing and party with him at the throwdown tomorrow Onion Creek on White Oh between one and six, big party, beautiful day out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But it's yours, it's your scout.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Where are you from?
Speaker 1: Row, Sharon, That's where I like to jump on. I like to jump on airplanes and Roe shaon one hundred sky dives over there. Nice view, Scott, have a great weekend. Thank you for being on the show today. Thank you you sounding great? You sounding great, you look great. I think yesterday I was listening to my favorite radio station.
Speaker 3: It's You've heard of it in ninety four five of us.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I love that station. I love that station. So there was a new Volbeat song that was being played. I don't know what wizard. I don't know where he's at with this band, because we've kind of toyed around with Volbeat before, but they've never really called it's the last day of the Sun, last day of the Summer.
Speaker 3: And there was that weird saxophone solo.
Speaker 4: H this one that was like our summer jam for skip Day one day.
Speaker 1: He's got a weird voice.
Speaker 4: Was there a Last Day on the Sun song? Or a Last day of Summer or was this the summer jam? It was the summer jam.
Speaker 1: Is there a song?
Speaker 4: Is there a volbeat song in the system? It's there Last Day on Earth or something?
Speaker 3: This day under the Sun, last day, end.
Speaker 1: Of the Sun. That was a really good one too. Now does this have the saxophone solo in it? One of them has a sax solo? And you like the rocks always like you really really liked it because I didn't know that you were a saxxaxophone anything. It's better. Oh right, this is the guitar saxone there it is. Oh, it's got that Jerry Lee Lewis guitar piano thing happening. What is this one? I think I remember liking this one too. Yeah, why aren't we playing a ton of old beat?
Speaker 4: We should just play only they have enough songs? Yeah, but we do have enough songs. He could they have a lot of songs. I think they opened up for Metallica.
Speaker 3: They might have gone on.
Speaker 1: Mmm when Metallica last time they played the stadium. I think they went on early.
Speaker 3: They should have headlined over Metallica.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Vultbeat is I don't know, are they Swedish. I don't know anything about them.
Speaker 3: I can find out.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about them. I just know that they don't speak much English, so they don't run around and do a ton of interviews.
Speaker 4: In some of Thank you, then mock this was a summer jam too. Did we have two summer jams with Volbeat?
Speaker 3: I think we had two Vulbeat summer jams?
Speaker 1: Are they only summer jammy?
Speaker 4: And for some reason the band can't get arrested on this station, like the Wizard will try it out, dude, we like it, We like it.
Speaker 3: Wizard was there?
Speaker 1: Just put Vulbet in the rest of the day.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, you say we got a new Volbeat song today?
Speaker 1: At okay, I have never been more excited.
Speaker 3: I'm super excited. Man, it has a saxophone. Oh I don't know, but I'm gonna lose it. I don't think that's a regular occurrence.
Speaker 1: Why would it not be. Maybe it is flax you know what I just said that. I don't know. They might have saxes in all their Every song should have a saxophone.
Speaker 3: I don't know how hard it is to do. Let me take a break, well me come back at a rec check for you.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what's trending, and then we will give away offspring tickets and then I don't know.
Speaker 4: I got some new I got some new shoes on. Yeah, I'm having a hard time keeping them down. Feel a little bouncy.
Speaker 1: I'm having a hard time keeping these new shoes down. I might have to do something about it.
Speaker 10: After the break, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome Back Everybody, rod Ryan's Show, seven twenty two. I just did a pole question because I saw it on the news. They said that the airports are crazy today.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, spring break. I guess it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not everybody has kids, Not everybody has kids in school that type of thing, but it is like a standardized spring break in this area. And I've known for years, even long before I had a kid, that, you know, the numbers were.
Speaker 4: Always down that week. A lot of people do leave town, even if you're staying in town. Are you working next week? I'm just kind of curious to see. This isn't to rub it in anyone's face. We're off next week.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious to see did we pick the right week? Are are a lot of you off next week. So my whole question is are you working next week for spring break? Yes or no?
Speaker 3: Just wondering who is.
Speaker 1: Going to be you know, tuning in in the morning. Don't worry. We're loading up a ton of stuff for you, and I hope you still tune in. Get to hear all those great best up bits and all of it. I'll tell you what. The fresh out of bed or I'm sorry. The read my lip segments with the listeners coming in have been really fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get to hear it every day. Nice.
Speaker 1: It's different, different hours, but you get to hear it every day, which is really fun. All right, let's talk about what's trending.
Speaker 3: You know else is really fun.
Speaker 4: It's Fanny Friday Danny Coops was submitted to us by Fred from Santa Fe and everybody's checking her out this morning.
Speaker 3: I suggest you do as well at the.
Speaker 4: Weld Finish Ride, Ryan showpagell buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: I'm going right now.
Speaker 4: Also trending is Cereal slash ad non Saye.
Speaker 1: He was the.
Speaker 4: Subject of the first season of the podcast serial. He is officially a freeman now after a judge granted or a judge agreed to reduce his sentence to time served.
Speaker 1: He spent nearly twenty four years in jail.
Speaker 4: Over the murder of his ex girlfriend from high school, Hayman Lee in nineteen ninety nine. The podcast put out a lot of like inconsistencies in what happened.
Speaker 3: You were using cell phone.
Speaker 4: Towers when you weren't able to like when they didn't triangulate as well. Back then they did a bunch of like tests to see if it was him or it was not him. And now he is a freeman. So I'm sure a lot of people are are gonna be looking at that today.
Speaker 1: Interesting because it's a sickness of mine. I'm always trying to tie everything together. C E r E a l national serial day. Oh how about that? I can't helppriate.
Speaker 3: I cannot help myself trying to weave these things together.
Speaker 1: Ceial this morning.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: And then cyclone Alfred is trending.
Speaker 4: It hit the Australian coast over night here and people are talking about it.
Speaker 3: That's what's trending on naquify the bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's give away these tickets. Alex Is after Buzzfest. He's he's Flad. How told me not in so much confidence that this is the best show of the summer. Oh yeah, buddy, Offspring, They're supercharged worldwide in twenty five tour with Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory. August twenty third, Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets on sale today at ten a m. I have a pair of tickets for you right now. What would be some good music to dial and call the radio stations?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 21: Stopping them around?
Speaker 1: I told you, I told you, got myself some brand new kicks right for the for the for the spring break. Yeah, I'm having a hard time keeping them down. I'm having a hard time keeping them down during this seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five. While you're calling, I'm jumping. It's House of Pain ninety four or five the bus.
Speaker 7: Whoa, there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of breath after that House of Pain, jump around Rob Ryan's show. Where else would you be? I mean what out of course you're here? Thank you, Thank you for joining us on this free beer Friday. I got another case of beer for you, straight up at eight, straight up at ninth and open phones Friday. I specifically remember you guys absolutely crushing it last week. I've got no reason to believe that you're not going to come through again for the last hour of the show. Pretty beautiful weekend on tap. Twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy, sky's eighty today. Now morning showers about a thirty percent chance. Then it's going to give way to a beautiful day. Highs up around seventy. It's about seventy eight. That's perfect. My man Alex is out there at the Seventeenthdanuel h Town Chili Throwdown Onion Creek right there on White Oak. My man Alex is going to be holding it down and all the beer winners get a one hundred or Onion Creek gift card today.
Speaker 3: You have to use tomorrow one to six, Okay, I say least all right?
Speaker 1: All right, the event gets going at one. You and the fam are rolling up at about three. Yeah, you're gonna have a beautiful day tomorrow. I'm very excited. You're gonna have an off. All I've missed out on the Crawfish.
Speaker 4: The last time I did it was the Crawfish event that you hosted at Cactus Cove.
Speaker 1: I think I get to host that next month.
Speaker 4: But the Chili Cookoff the last two years have had something that weekend of and I've not gotten to go to it. I know that Tessa and Chili hosted it, and I'm so excited to get.
Speaker 3: To go to it finally this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's usually like a little theme involved. I think last year everyone had to use a little bit of chocolate. I love that. It just, you know, there's always just some kind of a little kind of a side thing going on.
Speaker 4: If Gunner puts an event on, I'm gonna be there. I want to be there because that guy knows.
Speaker 1: That apartment it's gonna be it's gonna be packed, it's gonna be perfect weather. Yeah, you're gonna have a really really good day for that ten o'clock today.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: You might as well just take your wallet out and throw it in Buffalo by you.
Speaker 3: I don't my dad?
Speaker 1: Bring me the Horizon. Tickets go on sale today at ten offspring. Tickets go on sale today at ten offspring. Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory. What a Show? August twenty third. Let's give away a pair of tickets. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Good Morning, Hi.
Speaker 8: Who's this This is Chris?
Speaker 3: Chris?
Speaker 1: I got one pair left before they go on sale today at ten o'clock. All right, and I gotta give them to somebody, might as well be you. Dude, you're going to the show. Thank you?
Speaker 3: Third, thank you, Chris.
Speaker 1: Where are you from?
Speaker 12: Croton?
Speaker 1: G all right, dude, you've got the you got my last pair of tickets.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out. Stop calling me everyone else. I don't have any more tickets. You're gonna have to go buy them at ten o'clock. Now. Hopefully we put some aside and uh maybe you know, later on we'll give away some more tickets. They do those things, But as of now, I'm out. Chris, have a great time at that show. It looks like we're all going to see you there. It really is. Outside of Buzzfest. That's the show the summer. You got them, dude, congrats.
Speaker 22: Thanks, We're so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for you.
Speaker 7: All right, who's back there, Chris?
Speaker 22: On my way to take my wife to work.
Speaker 3: What's her name?
Speaker 8: Brandy?
Speaker 1: Brandy? All right, guys, have a good time. I have a good time at that show. Wait a minute, Chris, Brandy the Kennedy's are you guys? Are you guys off next week for spring break?
Speaker 13: Are you working well, well, I have to work, but the kids are off.
Speaker 4: In the husband's off, kids are okay, so we all got to stay home because of you, Brandy.
Speaker 1: We're not going anywhere. We're not having fun because you can't get off of work. Great, great exact, Come on.
Speaker 4: You all right?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, hang on for me. Put those guys on hold.
Speaker 3: That's my question. I just kind of thought of it. Now, where are we at?
Speaker 1: Who's working next week for spring break? A full disclosure, we're off. Seventy seven percent of our audience.
Speaker 3: Is working twenty two twenty three percent.
Speaker 1: Of our audience is off. Oh oh okay, I'm sorry. Seventy seven is working, twenty three percent is off next week. Okay, that I mentioned It was National Cereal Day today, and you see that.
Speaker 23: I'm a fruit luke, and my heart's upon the shelf inside a box of cereal. I loves to explain myself. Well, I know I love my wheedies, but I hate to see you go listen to me toally before you Cheerio, here we go.
Speaker 1: I cannot You're gonna have these moments that you turn into your parents.
Speaker 3: It just you can't help it.
Speaker 1: Alex. I just looked it up.
Speaker 3: Cheerios number one cereal in America. I just had cheerios. There you go, heart healthy, that's why I'm having them in good for you, cholesterol.
Speaker 1: Good for you. And then you know, it's like you got a kid when she starts like eating those types of things. You bring a little You're never gonna go anywhere without a little baggy of cheerios.
Speaker 4: Cheers and goldfish have to be one and two. And yeah they takes with their kids a green and cheerios obviously better for you. Just at the store the other day with.
Speaker 1: London and she sees the cinnamon toast crun She's like, Daddy, come on, that's the goad. I said, nope.
Speaker 3: Nope, but she was so mad.
Speaker 1: We got cheerios. We bought cheerios. You honey nut cheerios are just regular playing Jane cheerios, honeynut cheerio. You know, so they're a little sweeter, then it's good for your high. They're still fun, but they're not they're not just sugar in a bowl. Of course, if you're raised on sugar and a bowld, I know if I bought the cinnamon toast crunch, fat boy would be eating some of them as well. If they are introduced, it's like inviting a vampire in your house.
Speaker 3: If they come into the home. I'm not not.
Speaker 1: Eating some cinnamon toast crunch. I can't have it in the house.
Speaker 3: That's how I'm with Like candy, I just like can't buy candy.
Speaker 1: Just don't have it right, Like.
Speaker 4: You gave me a cancake the other day. It was deleted in one day. They're just like, I can't have sweet.
Speaker 1: It's National Cereal Day today, Eat Up Ryan Show, Experience fer the Cosmic before five Buzz Roach, Rise of the Roach a couple of weeks away. Tickets available now, that's as Toyota Center dot com.
Speaker 3: That's where you buy your tickets for that.
Speaker 1: They're playing the Toyota Center.
Speaker 3: With Rise against That's gonna be a great show. I'm definitely going to that one. Papa Roach is just absolutely on top.
Speaker 1: Of their game right now, no doubt about it. Help you're off to a great start to your day. It's uh seven thirty nine. I did get a chance to go look at that Fanny Friday. This is where we need is where we need a female on the show, which I'm working on it still, guys, I promise. I'm working on it every single day. We need whoever the girl is on the show to say, you know, that's not real. Rock, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I just don't think I get it. The fake titties, I understand they're everywhere.
Speaker 1: Are the phony butt's really that popular or does she just work out to achieve that? Like I just needed the bbl well bblriz. I just think that these are real. I think so. I always think it's real. It works out. I'm easily fooled me too. Was it face tuned when my wife showed me face.
Speaker 4: And like, way, what, yes, yep, I know exactly what you're talking about to ladies. I just when I look at the Fanny Friday Gale today, I'm like, yeah, I mean all she does is squats.
Speaker 1: It's like when guys have, you know, big arms and chicken legs. You know, all they do is arms when they go to the gym. She had like the.
Speaker 4: Legs for somebody that does a lot of squats too, so it looks like that makes sense. And then whoever the gale is on the show says, you know that's not.
Speaker 1: Real guys, and I just shut up.
Speaker 3: Let me believe now.
Speaker 1: I do have this on the Looking at Girls blog page? Meghan Trainer, Trainer, you brought it. I'm just gonna play this.
Speaker 3: She's on the look at Girls blog pass.
Speaker 1: All right, you tell me what you're getting out of this.
Speaker 15: Hey everyone, it's Meghan Trainer and I've got some big needs to share.
Speaker 3: I got my bobs done.
Speaker 15: I got a breast lift and auventation with Motiva implants. Finally, after having two kids, living a healthier lifestyle, and losing weight.
Speaker 3: I couldn't be happier with my decision.
Speaker 14: I'm so obsessed.
Speaker 15: I've always struggled with loving my boobs before I got them done, because they were never even We're.
Speaker 1: Always dogging my whole life.
Speaker 3: I love my results so much.
Speaker 15: My breast looked fuller, Yeah, completely natural, and they compliment my body proportions beautifully. Or finally, twin sisters and not distant cousins.
Speaker 1: Did she get them for free? Because she called out the place that did it, Motiva? Is that a Was that a payback for doing her cans for free? I think so?
Speaker 3: Oh, but also like she's rich, so she could just pay for.
Speaker 1: It, correct, But everybody loves free stuff.
Speaker 4: It's like if you're gonna get like cosmetic anything model. I want to be paying for it, you know, correct, I want to get again. Because she mentioned where she got her her boobs done, I'm assuming that she.
Speaker 1: Was endorsing that right, and she got him done for free.
Speaker 3: You're right, She's got to have all the money in the world.
Speaker 4: I feel like she may not have done it for free, but maybe like you get like a little bump, a little discount.
Speaker 3: Maybe like hey, I also mentioned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well she's got some new jelly beans. If you can go see him on the Looking At Girl's blog page.
Speaker 10: Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz Here we Go ninety four or five, The buzz Killers.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me, good morning Rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Free beer Frauday, have got another case coming up for you, and I'll get you one hundred dollars Onion Creek gift card.
Speaker 3: You can go see my man Alex tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Seventeenth Annual Eighth Town Chili Throwdown going down Onion Creek right there.
Speaker 3: On White Oak.
Speaker 1: Twenty chance of rain today, cloudy Skuy's highs of around eighty Your weather tomorrow Alex, you got some thirty percent chance of morning showers and then boom, the rest of the day is going to beautiful for some chili cookoff. Don't hate that.
Speaker 3: Hi's seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Come see Alex and the fam All right now, there's Alex right there with Houston's headlines. Well, good morning everyone, whole. Funeral arrangements are being.
Speaker 4: Made for Congressmen and former Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner to Texas House passed and resolution yesterday allowing him to lie in honor in the Hall of the State House and representatives. People who would like to pay their respects can do so next week on Thursday and Friday. Late US representative died suddenly at seventy years old on Tuesday night in Washington, DC. According to Turner's family, he went to the hospital after President Donald Trump's addressed to Congress and was released, where then he died at home from enduring health complications.
Speaker 1: The family said, I ask, I'm gonna ask, iHeart, if they'll maybe put something in my contract, like an amendment, Like they'll put me in the lobby for a week.
Speaker 3: People could come by and say.
Speaker 1: Hi, oh yeah, yeah, like light met the Lions State, right there outside of Sofia's desks.
Speaker 4: Put me on the crappiest boat you can find, set me out to see, light me on fire, Betty.
Speaker 1: Don't even let me in the lobbies. They'll put me like in the common area over there by the bathroom. Can you get his key card?
Speaker 3: That's all they'd care about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they won't even let you up here. They'll have to put me down on the bottom floor of the building of the Ryan Building. It'd make you sign in, okay, all right? What else? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Flags at Euston City Hall and all throughout the state are being flown at half staff in Turner's honor. The third privately built lunar lander touchdown on the Moon yesterday afternoon, but not without incident. During the final approach, issues with the laser navigation system arose, leading to questions about the landers position. Engineers are currently analyzing data to determine whether the lander is still currently upright and operational. If it did tip over, that would leave the number of successful lunar landings by private companies at one.
Speaker 1: Some kid's been practicing for years with a joystick, trying to get that thing perfect. It's like, come on, dude, the thing tipped over.
Speaker 4: You gotta wait for it. Yeah, you know, to wait for the land r damn it. Come on, we got to the moon for this.
Speaker 1: It's probably the cameras facing down now. Oh yeah, hopefully they got cameras on all sides of that thing.
Speaker 3: I would think it's probably a billion dollars.
Speaker 4: But then there was an explosion yesterday, Yeah, and more space news. SpaceX's Starship experienced of failure doing its eighth test flight, leading to a temporary halt of flights at major Florida airports. Eight minutes after liftoff, the spacecraft lost control due to engine failures, leading to what Elon Musk called a rapid, unscheduled disassembly explosion. Despite the setback, SpaceX successfully recovered the super heavy booster, which returned to its launchpad as planned and was caught by those giant robot arms that they're calling chopsticks. That's the coolest part of all the space exists, right.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe what I was watching the first time I saw it.
Speaker 4: I snatches it down. I said, I have a crash landing in the ocean. You're just like, nope, come back to the launch pad. The first one. I was convinced that it was Ai. I'm like, this isn't really happening. I couldn't believe what I was watching.
Speaker 3: Here's four more that have.
Speaker 1: Done this, and then I think it was awesome.
Speaker 3: I can't remember where I saw it, like on Dan Crenshaw.
Speaker 1: He put it on there. I said, Okay, well he's not putting AI out there, right maybe maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's real. It's so cool, sick.
Speaker 1: Happy Employee Appreciation Day.
Speaker 3: Everybody appreciate you, guys.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, your company probably will not be celebrating it. Only nineteen percent of people asked said that their company was planning on doing anything today to thank or recognize staff members.
Speaker 3: Ninety one percent of people said that they'd appreciate.
Speaker 4: It and that it might make them like their bosses a little bit more if it's a party. The top things people would like to get for Employee Appreciation Day include free food, a card, and most importantly cash.
Speaker 3: That's what I would play. Give me ad, guys, but we.
Speaker 1: Always do Bosses Day.
Speaker 4: Everybody like goes all out on Bosses Day, but then Employee Appreciation Day crickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, when was the last tecond you quote unquote went all out on Bosses Day. Always go all out. Everybody knows that about me. Really TIFFs treats.
Speaker 4: I uh, I say, Wizard, I say, Wizard, thanks for being a great boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he took him out for a little Uh. He didn't take him out anywhere.
Speaker 4: But okay, I mean he's never celebrated Eloy Appreciation Day either, So who knows. He's probably saying the same thing about his bosses. Absolutely, as a matter of fact, You're right, I know he is saying. Actress Pamela Bach, the ex wife of David Hasselhoff, has died of a self inflicted gunshot wound. She was sixty one years old, and her body was found at her home on Wednesday night after her family members called police when they hadn't heard from her in a while. Hasselhoff issued a statement saying, quote, our family is deeply saddened by the recent.
Speaker 3: Passing of Pamela Hasselhoff.
Speaker 4: We're grateful for the outpouring of love and support during this difficult time, but we kindly request privacy as we grieve and navigate through this challenging time. Pamela and David were married from nineteen eighty nine to two thousand and six. They have two daughters together, and they met on the scene on the set of Night Writer when Hassoff was on that, and then they acted together for about a decade on Baywatch.
Speaker 1: I feel like she just became the same thing for the hoff I think they just became grandparents. And the little girl's names London. I mean, yeah, and she's talking about this is the greatest joy ever, you know, and it just goes to show you you don't know, you know, you know, they always say that about suicide, and I get it. But she just seemed grandma now seemed so unbelievably happy. She just said just she couldn't she didn't know she could love like this. Yeah, Golley Man, you got everything going for you at this time.
Speaker 3: Check on your friends everybody. Yes, you won't be.
Speaker 4: Able to use your phone if you're planning on going to a ghost show. The band announced that they will restrict phone use on its upcoming tour, saying quote, we want fans to be there in the moment. It's so hard to get people to played at the Olympics, she was a taste there. Phyllis and Dina Dinah was on twenty one pilots Way before there, Yes she was, and Phyllis was on all the metal bands before they got thing too.
Speaker 1: And they thought all the girls that we feature have fake butts.
Speaker 3: They straightened us out on that. They did all right.
Speaker 4: Sports well, the Rockets got to win last night, ending the three game losing streak.
Speaker 1: They beat the Pelicans one or nine to ninety seven.
Speaker 4: Alprem Shingoon had twenty two points of the night to lead the team in scoring. They're gonna have a day off today where they played the Pelicans again tomorrow, this time back at home at the Toyota Center down the spring training. The Ascros beat the Mets five to one yesterday. They're gonna play the Cardinals tonight in Jupiter, Florida. First pitch for that is a five oh five. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: Come on now, Rock and Alternative Very used to the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 10: Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Well go Roder, come on, de Friending, Yeah, free friend, Big broad Ban brod com on, dead Friend, gave me that free friend, Big Brother, Big brog Bang Roden. I'm giving Alex laughter bamday you got three Bam Friday, Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: You've got a free Bam Friday, Bam Friday, Man right Bam Friday and Rightam Friday, Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who we got here?
Speaker 24: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, Hi Kim? How are you?
Speaker 8: I'm great?
Speaker 3: How are you doing well? I got two questions for you?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is it ever okay to have a selfie on your phone's lock screen by yourself?
Speaker 20: Probably not, but maybe with your kids or something.
Speaker 1: By yourself a selfie just you your lock screen on your phone?
Speaker 3: Is it excepted?
Speaker 1: Okay? Good?
Speaker 3: Are you on vacation next week?
Speaker 10: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: That's okay. You're colored ten?
Speaker 8: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: If you told me that it was okay to have a selfie lock screen, I would go and check your freezer for heads, Shomon heads. Okay, Ye, there's something that's psycho. I just I'm telling you as I'm getting ready and I'm getting ready to take the call. They just came across thirty two percent of people think it's okay to have.
Speaker 3: A selfie on your own phone's lock screen.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. No, it's not all right. Okay, We're gonna get along just fine. Where are you from Caroland. I've got a case of beer for you, and I'm also gonna give you the one hundred dollars Onion Creek gift card. It's the seventeenth Daniel Htown Chili throw Down, going down tomorrow. You can use that tomorrow if you like.
Speaker 20: Okay, perfect, that's great, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're springing forward into daylight saving time on Sunday.
Speaker 3: You okay with that?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 22: Yep, it'll be light out when I wake up. It'll be great.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Okay, Kim's awesome.
Speaker 3: Kim's awesome.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your beers, have a great weekend.
Speaker 20: Great you too.
Speaker 16: Thanks all right, spring forward, all fall back? Spring is spring forward, Alex spring back. Now, it seems like Trump has moved this. Not that he's not doing everything else, whether you like it or not, it seems like he's moved this one on the back burner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got it.
Speaker 1: He didn't exactly campaign on it, but he did mention it. He said, the Republican Party will use its best efforts to eliminate eliminate daylight saving time? Which does that mean we would stay on standard time? The one that I don't like, I don't know whatever it is, it'll stay I have I don't know. Elon Musk put up a poll on his ex asking people if they prefer to stick to Standard time permanently, which is the time we're on right now, or if they like to make daylight saving permanent, which is the one that I want because it stays lighter later.
Speaker 3: That's that's daylight saving time.
Speaker 1: And I get it. You're you're muck it up. You're mucking up standard time here. One point over one point three million people voted on it. Fifty eight percent of people said they would prefer permanently being on daylight Saving time what we're about to get into. Forty two percent said they wanted the standard time. I'm not gonna be here on Monday. The one thing that I won't tolerate this is the one where people lose an hour of sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I cannot handle the guy in the office walking around saying he just can't handle being sleep deprived. So every year I play this on Monday, but I'm not gonna be here, So I'm just I'm playing it for you now to not be that guy.
Speaker 17: I am confounded by people who are confused by daylight savings time.
Speaker 1: It's an hour, that's all it is. It's an hour twice a year. It's an hour. You make the adjustment. You can't get thrown out of whack by that.
Speaker 17: But you hear people say things like I'm sorry, I well screwed up because of daylight saving stuff. If you find yourself saying that, you might as well just say, I'm not good at talking, so I just let my mouth open up and let things fall out of it, because don't with words.
Speaker 1: Don't be that guy on Monday. Oh sorry, I lost an hour. We all did.
Speaker 3: We all lost that hour of sleep.
Speaker 1: All right? Are we doing a new Volbeat? We will be at eight twenty okay, coming up after the break new Volbeat, rereck check what's trending?
Speaker 3: And I've got a Landry's All Day Ride four pack.
Speaker 1: Rock and A'll tear it very soon.
Speaker 10: Ryan Morning Show, six to ten.
Speaker 1: I just can't wait.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not listening to a whole song.
Speaker 3: I told you.
Speaker 1: I was listening to my favorite radio station yesterday and I heard a new Volbeat song.
Speaker 3: And when I heard.
Speaker 1: Of it, I really liked and I said, well, I want to get the whole experience with you guys, and I thought that Wizard was going to put it in and he did.
Speaker 3: So we played some Volbeat earlier.
Speaker 1: I think last hour, Alex and I were reminiscing on the other times that we've done world premieres of Volbeat and we have absolutely fallen in love with the songs. Sure, and I want to say that two of them turned out to be like summer jams and they were a part of Ditch Day and everything else. So this one, I can't wait to listen to it with you guys. So that's coming up immediately, so don't go anywhere. Plus, I got this great ticket thing I want to give away twenty percent chance of rain Cloudy's guys today high eighty. Now you got thirty percent chances of morning showers Tomorrow Saturday, I have seventy eight beautiful day for the seventeenth annual h Town Chili Throwdown Alex is hosting tomorrow at Onion Creek. I got one more of those Onion Creek gift cards to give away with that nine o'clock beer. And then Sunday it cools off a little bit partly cloudy, high of fifty nine with low chances of rain. All right, what's trend?
Speaker 4: Fanny Friday continues to trend. Danny Coops submitted to us by Fred from Santa Fe is doing well.
Speaker 1: Is that but fake?
Speaker 3: I will not believe that.
Speaker 20: It is fake.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's fake either. I just when I see those butts, I'm like, very hard.
Speaker 4: She's just been squatting her, taking away a woman's work from her.
Speaker 1: Okay, Fanny Friday number one link today. The Looking at Girls blood page is really good. Yeah, I gotta check.
Speaker 3: On the Southwest.
Speaker 1: Their lines running around topless one legged jeans are sold out. Okay, this has gotta be a a bit Reese.
Speaker 3: What's the girl that plays w NBA.
Speaker 4: She's wearing Angelice, You know how she wears that one like leg warmer. Yeah, they're selling pants like that now and they're sold out everywhere. That's cool pants one legged PANTSNBA very hot right now, very hot, number one A two time defending ww WNBA Fantasy Champion, Number one sport in the world, nineteenth amendments, back to back champs.
Speaker 1: What else? Space X is trending.
Speaker 4: The SpaceX starship exploded yesterday, but the Boosters were still able to successfully land at the launch pad with the chopsticks and the robot arms, which is cool. And then daylight Saving Time is happening this weekend. People are talking about.
Speaker 1: All over the interweb.
Speaker 4: Just keep it, like, let me switch the clocks. Let's never switch them ever again. Yeah please, I mean, I don't care. Just make a decision, you know. That's all I gotta say about that. But that's what's training at night, be by the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: It's not really a world.
Speaker 3: Premiere anymore, but it's a Rod Ryan Show premiere, and.
Speaker 1: That's all that matters. It's this strange little band that comes into our lives every couple of years. And uh they're called Volbeat. New album God of Angels Trust featuring this new single by a Monster's Hand. I'm here for it, guys. It's gonna be out on June sixth. I'll take some calls if you like it. Seventy one three two two, ninety four five volt Beat on ninety four five in the bus, crack it out, jotting your messes.
Speaker 7: Be on him and that's make chup by the face.
Speaker 1: The commentation is facted by a master, said.
Speaker 25: Yessing.
Speaker 7: Wad what so Strahy Joe sas s s stench of foughten slush.
Speaker 1: That's not big chop my.
Speaker 25: Stone moving the setrol for still another.
Speaker 7: Dem why is not sust.
Speaker 25: Ts and sass.
Speaker 9: The sun.
Speaker 1: Shouting the messes beyond him? Desperate jump by the face?
Speaker 4: Do you ca that treasure?
Speaker 1: That's what good by your masses?
Speaker 25: Said Stas and went to dis.
Speaker 1: Las ninety four The Buzz.
Speaker 4: That's the Rod Ryan Show premiere of new music from Volbeat.
Speaker 1: It's gone by a Monster's Hand. I heard the beginning of the song yesterday and then I said, I don't know. I think we're gonna play it, so I didn't want to hear the whole thing. That's the first time I've heard it all the way through. We've had Volbeat, know how do you word this? They're not afraid to take some chances. We talked, we played some Volbeat earlier. It's like metal, it's like rock. And then you got some Jerry Lee Lewis piano mixed in there with it. They're not afraid to take a few of chances and the saxophone and stuff. This one is really a straight ahead rock song. This one. They're not really going off the tracks that much. And I think the thing that maybe holds them back here in the States is the singer. He's got kind of an odd voice. It's Elvis seems like he would be like an actor. Yeah, you know, like David Draymond. He comes up as like that guy could crush at the Renaissance Fair.
Speaker 4: It's theatrical, yes, okay, but so is Brent not not knocking it. I've always felt Brent from Shine Down is super theatrical.
Speaker 1: His voice.
Speaker 4: When you hear Brent, he sounds like a rocker to me, though he could be theatrical as well, just like David Dream.
Speaker 3: But you're like that guy sounds like a.
Speaker 1: Rock What do you mean, like Adam Lambert theatrical? Yes, you know, Brent can do that, you know, but it weaves in. Well, this guy's voice, it's a different sounding voice. They're an odd little Danish band. They've sold five million albums. They've been on a Metallica tour. They're very successful. They're around the world. They're a really popular band. We talked about the other two songs that we've world permitted that we really really liked. This one doesn't have quite the poppy feel that those did.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I don't like it, okay, but I do think I was like waiting the whole time for a saxophone, and I feel like I I, you know, like when you don't give me this accident, I feel a little bit let down. I still think it's a rocker, so I do like that. I would I would like to listen to it a little a couple more times.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just a straight ahead chugger.
Speaker 1: This belongs on the station now. And then it gets real fast. There's a time change, which some people. I like that, especially this week. I grew up listening to Black Sabbath.
Speaker 23: Man.
Speaker 1: You want to talk about time changes and things, that's all they did. So I like the time change in the middle of the song, just like the breakdown in Jack and Diane. Yeah you know what I mean. You change a temple whalper in the middle of the song. It's right right here. I think it just gets real fast. Yeah, there it is Weston, Good morning, brother ro what's up man, We're talking about this new vold beat song.
Speaker 8: I like it. I like it so just a little hit on them.
Speaker 12: I've seen him a couple of times they're great live, but they are Danish and the lead singer growing up was extremely inspired by Elvis yep, and that's why his vocals are very much like that. But the guitars reminded me very much of a Metallica sound, so big time.
Speaker 1: I think they were influenced by by opening up for Metallica for sure. All right, yeah, your name for the station com for it. I am too, Thank you, Karen, Good morning, Good morning, Ron, Hello Karen?
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 3: What do you think of this Volbeat song?
Speaker 8: It was awesome.
Speaker 13: It gave us an avenge seven told Metallica vibe and.
Speaker 8: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: That was the lineup when when when they played in the stadium. I believe it was Vulbeat avenged into Metallica, so you're not wrong.
Speaker 3: All those bands hang out together.
Speaker 13: I loved it.
Speaker 20: Y'all could keep it on a repeat.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate it, Karen, one of our cool Karen's Steve the brad Man, probably the only guy listening, probably the only guy listening right now that was up before us.
Speaker 3: What'd you think of that? What'd you think of that Volbeat song?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed it in.
Speaker 19: The beginning had a very Metallochi vibe, and then as he started going on singing, It's like, Okay, this is cool.
Speaker 13: But as soon as that guitar riff kicked up in the second half of the song, that tempo kicked it up.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh man, this is one.
Speaker 12: Of those you're rolling the windows down, you're a hit sang in the head, hitting the steering wheel and join the drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't disagree with anything that you said, and I just feel like I don't know what happens when we play this and then it seems to just.
Speaker 1: Kind of go away. I also forget about them, and I don't want to forget about Vulbet. I want to Vulbeat needs to be the like on my playlist or something. I need to like, incorporate them more in my workouts or something. Jared, good morning. Hey, Hello, hey man, Hey Jared, go ahead, you're on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ooh, Jared, I'm getting about every word here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put you on hold. See Chili can straighten that out. Sorry, Jared. I want to hear what you have to say. Hey, David, good morning, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 3: Hey man, We're talking about this new Volbeat song.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, yeah, man, I'm as a jam that is a jam that Bowlby will always be a great band.
Speaker 8: That puts out a great song.
Speaker 11: And like the other guy said, rolling down the windows, being on the steering wheel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, you're not turned off. You're not because I think what maybe Wizard is even afraid of is like, are.
Speaker 1: We accepting his voice. It's a different style of singing, you know, Well that that's what's great.
Speaker 24: About him is that he's Dutch, right, and he has taken Elvis, the Johnny Cash, all them rockabilly's style, yeah, and warded it in his own style and with his voice.
Speaker 1: It just sounds amazing.
Speaker 24: I love ob I think they're.
Speaker 18: A great band.
Speaker 1: Thanks dude. Thanks. Oh yeah, I appreciate you. I'll think more. Rick. You what's up, brother, Rick? We're talking about this oldbeat song.
Speaker 3: You hear for it?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, absolutely?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Okay, all right.
Speaker 26: I was turned on to them a couple of years ago when they were touring with Metallica, and I just thought they were pretty awesome. It is pretty evident that they're a product of Metallica almost. It was the guitar and also the that kind of at the end of a lot of his sentences when he's you know, when he's singing, it just sounds like Metallica to me, and that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: They cover him really well too. Metallica and Elvis had a baby. Yeah fuld Beat all right, Wizard, they like it. I like it, Bay. We don't need your attitude. We have one of our owns the Rod Ryan Show on US ninety four or five, The Buzz Squeeze her say it ain't so great? Comments all coming in via email. I forwarded all of them to the radio Wizard. A lot of commenting on the new Volbeat. I guess now that I'm thinking about it. My biggest fear about that Volbeat song, which I said I liked, Do I like it as much as those other two songs that we played in the seven o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: The answer is no, yeah, and those didn't cut it, so that there's one will cut it?
Speaker 1: So yeah, right, Like, do I not know what I'm talking about? And then this is the one that breaks through on the buzz. I don't know that there's add a little saxophone to it, and I think I just don't know that we've ever certainly not in Morning Drive, you know, when we're on six to ten. We've never gotten involved in Volbeat outside of you know, sprinkling it in here and there, get your thoughts on it, you know, just just testing it out.
Speaker 3: I know that we've played it on overnights, and you know, that's a whole.
Speaker 1: Nother explanation on how radio works and seeing if it gets some traction on overnights and then you open it up. If it's going to be a hit, it's going to be a hit. I don't know that I like it better than those other two songs, and we didn't get those right and they never became like in heavy rotation on the station. I don't know. I just think it's a it's a band that we should be a little bit more involved with, for sure.
Speaker 3: Thank you for all the emails.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that. Take thirty seven I got Jelly Rolls the mother of Jelly's sixteen year old daughter. I know, I watched that Jelly roll documentary and he said that him and the mom were a mess back then when they made that kid. It's amazing that that kid's That kid seems to be pretty well adjusted. You know, we talk about Francis being Cobaine, like how really well adjusted she is. She came from heroin addicts, you know what I mean. They were using, you know, in the time. So I know that Jelly and this woman that made this baby. She's still a mess. Jelly seems to be pretty well cleaned up these days. Obviously, he's one of the biggest rock stars country stars on the planet right now. Unfortunately, and I think Jelly and Bunny have custody of the girl because this the mom's a mess. She just got arrested in Tennessee traffic stop. She and two dudes meth amphetamine, fentanyl, some other crystal like powder substance whatever.
Speaker 3: That's on the Crazy Criminal blog page. You hate to see it.
Speaker 1: You hate to see that. Now. More of an upnote, somebody went all sucking on a Chili Dog on another song, and I feel like the Chili Dog song is so good, one of the greatest songs of all times. People were saying, have you experienced the there I runed it guys on the internet. But they go into the wreck a song one of they go in and wreck a song for you forever. So you guys all know the Chili Dog song where the guys just the all the lyrics of the Chili Dog lyric. See if this works or not, you tell me it's hard, because that one is so good. This phone of graph, it's a photo of the phono graph.
Speaker 4: There's enough photo graph ID edit it because A photographed the phono graph.
Speaker 7: So many photo graphs.
Speaker 1: It makes me want to sing the phone graph.
Speaker 3: There's a video for it.
Speaker 7: Should probably that phono graph next to my photo.
Speaker 4: Now he's gonna switch to old timey singing about a phonograph.
Speaker 1: Well, phone, let me.
Speaker 8: On the.
Speaker 20: Phone.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of the phono graph.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I get a photo of that photo. I wonder if a I made this.
Speaker 3: I think she'll just the normal phoney part of it at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, I am here for that damn Titanic whistle every time it comes into a video. I feel that.
Speaker 4: Whistle is so funny when it's used properly, and then the fact that they just kind of throw.
Speaker 1: It in there at the end. Yeah, the Chili Dog one is so good.
Speaker 8: This is good.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good that if you want to listen to the whole thing, if you think that you might want to hear that again or more of it. It's headlining three things you must see and listen to today on links and guests Houston's.
Speaker 10: Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock, Ryan Morning Shown.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four or five Buzz, Shine Down, Dead, Don't Die Rod Ryan Show eight fifty one. On this free Beer Friday, I've got one case of beer left. One more of those Onion Creek gift cards worth one hundred worth of honey. You can use that tomorrow to go party with Alex. Just do it at the h Town Chili Throwdown seventeenth annual. Damn, they've been doing that a while. All right, Cloudy's guys Today twenty percent chance of rain high up an eighty thirty percent chance of morning showers. And then the rest of the day for your chili cookoff, Alex, It's gonna beautiful. And then Sunday ten percent chance of rain, probably cloudy high of fifty nine.
Speaker 3: What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: Well, good morning everyone. While funeral arrangements are being made for Congressman.
Speaker 4: And former Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, the Texas House passed a resolution yesterday allowing him to lie in honor in the Hall of the State House of Representatives. People who would like to pay their respects can do so next week on Thursday and Friday. The late US representative died suddenly at seventy years old on Tuesday night in Washington, DC. According to the Turner's family, he went to the hospital after President Donald Trump's addressed to Congress and was released and then died.
Speaker 3: At home from enduring health complications. The family said that that's what the family said.
Speaker 4: Flags are at Houston City Hall and all throughout the state are being flown at half staff in Turner's honor. Daylight saving time means that the clocks spring forward an hour this weekend, but in a very unscientific poll, Elon Musk asked people on X what the US should do with the clocks if the time change was canceled. Of those who responded, fifty eight percent wanted it an hour later, while forty two percent wanted it an hour earlier. Back in December, President Donald Trump said that quote, the Republican Party will use its best efforts to eliminate daylight saving time, and went on to call it inconvenient and very costly to our nation. The fractice was originally meant to add more daylight to the working day, during World War One and save energy costs. That law also helped establish the five time zones that America still uses.
Speaker 1: It is dangerous. There are increases in car accidents and things when we do move the clocks. I know that sound. It doesn't play into what we talk about. How could it affect your day? How could it really affect your day, gaining an hour of sleep, losing an hour of sleep?
Speaker 3: Apparently it really does. Just like the same thing, like people do go crazy when there's a full moon out there. I have to be blood. I have to be told it's a full moon. Okay, Like I don't feel vampiric.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like Wolfy that infected each sheep raw you know, just live sheep or.
Speaker 4: If you know, if you're aware wolf can you imagine like you wouldn't like that's not their fault, it just happened.
Speaker 1: So you know my thoughts. I like where we're going. I like the daylight saving day. If we're gonna make a decision, just make a damn decision.
Speaker 4: I hate that Like every year we're like what because I thought it was over like three years ago, and then it just keeps not happening. So either stop teasing us about it or just do something. Guys, what do you hate worse? Talking about standardizing the time or making the day after the Super Bowl holiday. Both of those seem to really ruffle your feathers. So I would say talking about changing the time, because like, if you gave me a day off, I'm not gonna complain.
Speaker 3: Like I actually, yeah, I'm not gonna shut up.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna but I'll shut up if it happened. Okay, I like, who cares?
Speaker 8: Just do it.
Speaker 1: There's just something one hour. There's just some things that Alex just gets, uh their buggaboos for him. Yeah, my bug a booze add this is the bugaboo list, all right.
Speaker 4: Added The Weather Channel showed a live feed of Bourbon Street during a Mardi Gras parade on Tuesday, which is a little risky because a woman in the crowd immediately flashed the camera. They did manage to cut away right before you saw anything, though. That just goes to show though, that Bourbon Street cannot be trusted with a live shot in any situation. Don't they have a live feed camera at Bourbon Street where you can be like mom, I'm Bourbon Street. Go look like I would imagine.
Speaker 1: That that just gets flashed all the time, all the time. Yeah, it non stop. Yeah, I think it's how it cats me out. If you're familiar with Bourbon Street. Yeah, there's there's a yeah Will it's global webcams. That's that's always on. Here is if you have a boob counter on that. Here's how it went down. Put me back into.
Speaker 15: Weather Center or whether she had lives. You're taking a live look at New Orleans right now as people they're celebrating Marty Graw festivities. They're all just kind of soaking in that last little bit. Oh all right, let's come to me now so we can take a look at where we have storms.
Speaker 4: The cameraman, I hate him. So he's so good at his job. He just got out of there when I say, in the nip of time, there you go.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that. Damn you, cameraman.
Speaker 1: Don't be so good at your job.
Speaker 3: He cut away at just the right time.
Speaker 4: You probably have to do like some training when you go to New Orleans and say, all right, pretend you're and Marty Gras, what do you do you see boots?
Speaker 3: Look away, look away. You gotta do that.
Speaker 4: In entertainment news, country star Randy Travis is getting his own biopic. A fellow country star, Clay Walker, will be playing him in the movie.
Speaker 3: Clay Walker, it's football time in Houston fame as well.
Speaker 1: That's why I chose to do the story, so I sent it over to you. He's the guy that's constantly singing in the stadium like the Eats boobile time you stem, Yeah, I mean the.
Speaker 3: The family that owns the Texans loves this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Clearly they got him on speed dial anytime they need him.
Speaker 1: So the movie is gonna be called Forever and Ever Amen.
Speaker 4: After Travis's nineteen eighty seven hit and twenty nineteen memoir, Randy's wife told People magazine that they want to tell his life story just as he lived it, and Clay says it'll be a story of deep struggles, redemption, and a man who overcame a lot of challenges.
Speaker 3: He also called it a story that deserves to be told.
Speaker 4: Travis was fifty four when a stroke robbed him of his voice in twenty thirteen. They planned to start filming the movie this summer in Nashville and North Carolina and It's expected to hit theaters sometime next spring. And I think a lot of millennials like me may have only known about Randy Travis initially from Hey Arnold when mister Wynn that was one of the like the tenants saying simple things?
Speaker 1: Was Clay Walker the guy's you drive and drive me good?
Speaker 3: Was he that guy that was caught on tape be rating his uh bus driver?
Speaker 13: I do not know.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that?
Speaker 3: Sounds like Morgan Whaler?
Speaker 1: Now drive and drive me good? Like would have been one country guy was laying into his driver in a chair. Okay, I apologize if it wasn't him.
Speaker 4: Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things is going to release a debut album in June. The actor known for playing Mike in the show wanted to see if he could write fifty songs by the end of twenty twenty two, and now he's going to release some of those on the LP.
Speaker 3: Rod has a little sample for you.
Speaker 4: You know what This song is a jam? Oh yeah, that's me clapping. This is a bop for sure, it really is.
Speaker 1: It's good played at the beach, play at this This might be a summer tree.
Speaker 3: Just put it on the summer jamshell, we'll pull it out on his summer. I just I'm worried about the low fi video.
Speaker 4: It looks like something Josh Tree made, which Josh Tree is a artist, he's a magician.
Speaker 3: The fact that he does this stuff and he turns on hate on Josh No, he turns he turns these memes around on his phone. But it looks like Finn Wolfhart made this video on his phone.
Speaker 4: Maybe Josh three's a producer and did you see did he get a producer credit?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: I don't see his hashtag on here, so he didn't.
Speaker 4: Make this Okay, well not yet. Maybe Josh Tree make him a better video and then maybe that's what he'll use.
Speaker 1: I just don't think, like has the music video.
Speaker 3: Ever just killed a song?
Speaker 4: It just it makes me believe that he's not taking it serious because the video is not.
Speaker 3: He's an actor, rod. I know the video looks that bad, yeah, and the song is that good to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I don't know how serious he is about his music career. I don't know, but it makes me think that it's not a big priority for him, right because the video is awful.
Speaker 4: Well, he'll actually be the second Stranger thing's cash remember to put out music. His co star Joe Keery, you played Steve Harrington in the show, has released music under the name Joe spelled Djo and that kind of went viral on TikTok.
Speaker 3: So maybe this will get picked up.
Speaker 4: When it comes out officially and then it'll get a little TikTok viral nes on that. That would be pretty cool. But Wolfard's album comes out on June sixth, perfect for a summer jam time.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to go watch the video and listen to the song music blog page where you go for that.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: In sports, the Rockets got a win last night.
Speaker 4: They beat the Pelicans one o nine to ninety seven, ending their three game losing streak. Alprin Shangoon had twenty two points in the night to lead the team in scoring. They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Pelicans again tomorrow night back at the Toyota Center. Down at spring Training. The Astros beat the Mets yesterday five to one. They'll play the Cardinals tonight in Jupiter, Florida. First pitch for that's at five oh five, and you can listen to the game on our sister station Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 4: One more case of beer, one more one dollars gift card to Onion Creek and then open phones Friday.
Speaker 3: Now, don't forget Julie did backload those.
Speaker 1: And you can tell which ones he thinks of the biggest tickets on the show this week, He's got those sold out Deftones tickets coming your way on No The Show.
Speaker 10: Houston, Rock Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show, ninety four or five of the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: He got free Bam Broday. He got the free Bam Broday. He got a free Bam Briday, Free Bam Friday. Man right wee Bam Friday and Rock Bam Friday and Lee Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, No way, well maybe way, maybe way yo. I'm not gonna say I'm not gonna say no way. I haven't said yes way, but I'm feeling some kind of way about this.
Speaker 3: Oh there is okay.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we're not going the wrong way with this. We want to be going the right way with this. What's your name, Jake?
Speaker 3: Where you from?
Speaker 7: That's what the in effector I'm.
Speaker 1: So hoping you're gonna say, stay from pass get down.
Speaker 3: I'm so hoping you're gonna.
Speaker 11: Sit from Steve.
Speaker 3: If I had a dollar, I right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know everybody brings that dumb joke up. I'm no better than anybody. I'm no better than anybody. But I am going to give you a beer. Whoa no, give him give him a bow? Jake, Yo, yeah, way, yes, way, we can all agree. You are the fourth and final beer winner today.
Speaker 3: Thank you Specs for the beers.
Speaker 1: And then I'm gonna also give you a one Onion Creek gift card seventeenth Annual Eighth Town Chili Throwdown going on tomorrow. My man, Alex is going to.
Speaker 3: Be over there, so you are welcome to use that card there and hang with me.
Speaker 8: Jake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be awesome, all hime, my brother, Jake. I appreciate it, man, I appreciate you. Dude. Thank you so much. He did a great job on the show today. I want you to have a great weekend.
Speaker 8: Okay, hey, yuck you man.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, Jake, you hang on, come on, let's try to make something out of this.
Speaker 1: Open Phones for Iday, Open Phones for Iday, more like open phones?
Speaker 7: Five?
Speaker 2: Yay?
Speaker 1: Woll all right? Seven one three two one two five nine four five is my number. See if Chili can flip these calls around.
Speaker 8: The beer is gone.
Speaker 3: It is now open phones? Why is the carpet wet?
Speaker 1: Todd Voss? Good morning, good morning, Good morning, Lada, Ladle, Lada, Ladle, Lada Ladle.
Speaker 3: How are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well?
Speaker 3: How are you great?
Speaker 1: What you got for open phones? Dude?
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, thank you for the It gets to a j R. Last night?
Speaker 1: Had a good time at the show. Yeah, how were they?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: They were fun?
Speaker 3: Everyone said they were really really fun, super high energy.
Speaker 1: Definitely you could tell. And nobody on the news knew who they were. Yeah, some kind of independent type of thing.
Speaker 22: I didn't know who they were until we went to the show.
Speaker 3: Did you hear they were brothers?
Speaker 1: How fun is that? There is other people on TV? All right, Well, you went to the show last night? Very good?
Speaker 3: Did you stay? Did you go early the rodeo and did the whole thing?
Speaker 18: Just for the a little bit earlier? But I wanted to ask about, like some of the new music that Wizard keeps teasing us with. Okay, what you got like like I love the new Bolbeat song. I want you to play it more. They probably won't mm hmm. Same thing with like Offspring and the new Shine Down One Dance, Get Dance, play this stuff more. I played on the premiere it and then you don't play it.
Speaker 1: That son of a bitch. You're right, You're not listen now wrong. You're not wrong on anything you've said.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 1: I don't know this radio wizard. I don't know how this guy's tripped up the ladder like this. How's this guy gotten so far? How's he gotten this far? We know music, wizard, we know the music because you know what. I keep beat him, beating him up about Todd is that new three Days great song with the two singers. I that might be my favorite song on the radio. And he's not given that to us yet either. He's still waiting to see. He's a guy a little bit. He is very good at his job. He has to wait to see how it's reacting. He will test things, he will research things to the to the end of the earth, and then and only then will he deem it worthy for us. He's just he's just protecting the franchise. That's all he's doing. But yeah, there's some great new music out there. The good thing is, anybody comes at me with a rock is dead. I know time for that. There's some great rock music out there right now for sure. Thanks brother, thank you, Thanks dude. Okay, people are obsessed with these and bald eagles. Chad, good morning, Good morning, Hey Chad.
Speaker 3: What you got for us? You're on open phones?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I just want to Yeah, and this is a big deal that those eggs hatched. So I know two of the three have. So I've been watching them off and on a couple of years, and the last two sets of eggs that they've had have not hatched, So they've kind of had these, you know, just kind of mishaps with them. And the fact that these actually hash is like a really great deal, really cool to see.
Speaker 1: Obviously, there's been multiple families that they've done this camera with because this hasn't taken a couple of years to hatch eggs. So what Chad's talking about is I think on Thursday, maybe Wednesday show, I put out a link and I said, man, I'm finding myself keep going back and checking and checking on these this bald eagle family and these eggs, and there has been there, there has been eggs that have hatched.
Speaker 3: You can't really see them that often.
Speaker 1: You just got to kind of catch it when mom's moving around a little bit, or when dad finally comes around to visit. Yeah, but I was going away the first day I looked, Chad, it looked like it was a beautiful summer day. I had no idea what the temperature was. Somebody said, Ron, did you go back and look at the bald eagle family. The snow was awesome.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, And it's not that far away from like Los Angeles, so it's always like hard to believe that there's that much snow happening in that area. But it's been heartbreaking the last two sets of eggs that they've had, you know, and you see them and they have to eventually just give up on them, and it's been very sad to see that. But then now this is really great that it's actually you know, they were hatching and the dad eagle actually sits on them quite a bit, but the mom usually pushes them out, yeah, or she can take control of it. And so yeah, but it's really funny just kind of watch them and I have it on it in my office all the time. I think a lot of keep keeping in an eye on it. And it's really great.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, Chad, thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was making fun of the dad, like you know, we were making jokes about him going to the bar and out to get smokes and not coming back.
Speaker 3: I was corrected. I was corrected.
Speaker 1: They said, Rod, that dad Eagle is really cool. He tries hard, but that mom won't let him sit on the eggs. Yeah, he's trying.
Speaker 3: She's like, get out of here. I got this mom there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So all right, well, Chilie, you might want to bump that up.
Speaker 3: Put it back into today's linksin guests.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to watch those damn Eagles. I like him too.
Speaker 3: On the flip, got a rec check for you. We'll get to more of your phone calls.
Speaker 1: Alex Is online seven one, three, two, two, nine four five Open Phones Friday off to a great start and the Rod Ryan Morning Show six am. The Buzz. All right, welcome back everybody, nine twenty three. I'm gonna get back to your phone calls. I got every phone line ringing. I'm coming to all of you for open phones. But first online, it's alex online the muzz Why what you got?
Speaker 4: This is actually cool following what we were talked about with the eagles. This was sent to me by Thomas ka. It's called fish doorbell.
Speaker 3: That's your AOL today.
Speaker 1: And there is a.
Speaker 4: Canal called the odor Grat Canal in the Netherlands where fish spawn and they want to lay their eggs.
Speaker 3: But we were both on this email. Yeah, I'm so glad you're doing this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But because there's the canals, the locks in it, like a lot of canals do, and sometimes the fish are trying to swim upstream to lay their eggs and the canal locks are closed so they can't get up there.
Speaker 3: This is a fish doorbell, which you do is you can.
Speaker 4: Watch a live stream of the water under the canal in real time, and then you see a fish swim up.
Speaker 3: You click the button on the doorbell fast. It's like playing a video game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the fisher coming through, you got to click that button and then it brings up a thing to identify what the fishes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does, and then the guy that's in charge of the locks will see that. He gets a notification that you hit the doorbell. Then he opens the lock lets the fish go through so they can lay their eggs. So you're helping create more fish essentially by doing this. If you go to today's a well, you'll see like all the kinds of fish. You can see some eels, some fresh water breams, you can see some eydes perches, pikes, all of them are trying to go upstream to lay their eggs. Guys, this thing you're helping with it. This thing is so awesome. Because I was on the email, I'm so glad, Thomas K. Thank you Thomas.
Speaker 3: So go check it out.
Speaker 4: Fish door Belts of world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. All right, here we go. I'm going right down the line here on every one of these calls. Here, Open phones Friday. Adrian, you're up next, Yes, sir, just want to thank you all for everything you do. But I need y'all's help.
Speaker 9: Go on and maybe the radio wizard.
Speaker 1: What do you need?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 1: I need Corey Feldman on Past the Gravy podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's go, man.
Speaker 1: I've been trying for like one hundred and sixty seven days. Every day he tweets him, is he the guy that puts out the pictures.
Speaker 3: Yeah on Twitter. Yeah that's funny, Adrian. All right, well listen, he.
Speaker 4: Did give us his his publicists infos, so I just have to reach out and do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well we can get the fell dog on.
Speaker 1: If I know one thing about the past, the gravy people, they love a good streak.
Speaker 3: Yeah you do, friend?
Speaker 1: Off? Eli?
Speaker 4: Is it off or on?
Speaker 1: Right now? Eli? Good morning? Well, good morning.
Speaker 4: Well next Tuesday I should be for an on because it's my birthday next Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Okay, but here we go with the vacation grape.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. Yeah, it's your tenth it's your tenth time. I've been keeping count, and I was wondering if you guys are not gonna be there. You guys could play a request song for me.
Speaker 4: Oh geez, well did you fill out a form where okay, wait work, Oh yeah, you had to rend the form out.
Speaker 1: This is a wait a minute, no, that's just the request form. It's the request while we're out and birthday right.
Speaker 4: Well, we'd bump you out because it is your birthday, but you said to fill out the form, and then we have to get to carry your pigeon at to you to get to send it to the k send it via carrier pigeon.
Speaker 3: And you receive form right here. Eli, Happy birthday, bro.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Another one that's probably gonna bitch about us being off next week.
Speaker 1: Josh Tree, Good morning. Yes he would, he would not Tree. You're on gosh? Hey Tree? Did he get called into work? All right, I'll put him on hold. We'll go back to him. Oh something happened here. Chris are you there?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, Ron?
Speaker 20: Wait what.
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 13: You got?
Speaker 1: We should be for girl.
Speaker 5: You guys always do that from from from Silence to the lambs. I always do that from Will Ferrell getting shot in the neck with a dark B.
Speaker 1: When I do it, it's a hybrid. You're crazy, man, know how are you?
Speaker 26: Chris?
Speaker 3: You doing great?
Speaker 8: Brother?
Speaker 13: Rod.
Speaker 5: You guys were talking about sleep schedule and have been all week, so I wanted to kind of give a little PSA.
Speaker 3: Something's been working for me for years and years.
Speaker 1: I saw this years ago.
Speaker 5: It's only go to sleep when you're tired, but always wake up at the same time, and eventually your sleep schedule, your sir Katian rhythm will kind of balance itself out.
Speaker 1: And I swear by that.
Speaker 5: So if anyone out there needs that kind of advice on how to get proper sleep. That's the way to do it, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: What is your designated time that you wake up? Chris? Five point fifty five? Right when they start playing the jazz the intro of the show. You wake up and that's now. Do you keep that schedule on the weekend?
Speaker 5: No, I don't set an alarm, but around six o'clock I just naturally wake up. And usually I'll lay there and kind of sometimes I dose back off, but I wake.
Speaker 3: Up, you know, wakes up.
Speaker 1: I say, Oh, he's so good at it. All right, thank you, Chris, thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 1: It's so funny when he does that. All right, let's try Josh Tree again. I want to get him on Tree. Hey, what what what are you doing over there working working the machines all the time. No, you're not.
Speaker 3: You're making memes. You're making Finn Wolfhart videos.
Speaker 8: Do it?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if if that's if that's an offer for a job, you know, I'll come up there and work with you.
Speaker 1: All. I say. The last meme you made was about the eat the bald Eagles and the and the old man not being around. It was very funny.
Speaker 3: It was very very funny.
Speaker 1: What what what say you are? You mentioned about us being off next week too?
Speaker 9: No, no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I am going to miss listening to me all live. But you know you're not even gonna actually get some work done.
Speaker 4: We're actually recording a ton of stuff. We're putting all the best up stuff. You're not even gonna know we're not here.
Speaker 2: Well, I wanted to, so I wanted to give a shout out to Mundo. Uh, you know, for a full recovery and everything. Know the surgery went well, So shut up my boy, Mundo.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, why don't you stay right there? You tell him yourself. I think he's I think this is same Mundo.
Speaker 8: Is this you?
Speaker 19: Yes, sir later Lado, good morning?
Speaker 1: Just Tree tell him you're.
Speaker 2: What's up, brother? How you feeling?
Speaker 1: Hey man, just a little sore, but I'm good.
Speaker 19: And you know that her need as had a good pain is long gone for the first time in six years.
Speaker 4: So man, I'm happy.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, bro, Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: So what Josh Tree's talking about is our man Mundo. He uh, I sent him to my doctor that kind of like told me what was the problem with my back all those years ago? Mundo has been suffering for years, and he asked me. He's like, dude, I hope I'm not overstretching myself, but can you tell me you know what doctor you went to? And I'm like, man, this guy is awesome, and dude, I'm so hoping you get the relief. I went through that back pain that you were going through, and I had that L five L thing and pinching a nerve and all of that, and uh to ROSSI was the guy. Man, he's like sent from the heavens above, isn't it?
Speaker 11: Is he not?
Speaker 14: Oh man?
Speaker 1: He was awesome.
Speaker 23: He cares.
Speaker 19: He legitimately was like, we're gonna get you fixed up. And I's on December thirtieth, it's already March, and I already had the thurder.
Speaker 1: I mean it went quick. That's awesome, dude. I'm so glad anybody that's out there suffering from that back pain. It's the worst thing in the world. All right, Well, Josh Tree, it's funny that Moondo it just happened to be on Go ahead, Mundo.
Speaker 19: But I did have an idea, all right, I gotta be a so instead of hiring.
Speaker 1: Way, wait wait, wait, wait, before you give us now, before you give us this great idea pain medication that you're on right now? Are you at a ten?
Speaker 3: Are you at a five?
Speaker 1: This idea?
Speaker 16: Take a couple of pills.
Speaker 19: It's like thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Ago, so not even kicking medicating.
Speaker 19: And then and then then I got the idea. But the idea is you keep the show the way it is. The money you were going to pay the co host, you spit that between Chile and Alex.
Speaker 1: That's your ideas. Like a great idea, what a great idea. Maybe take some more of those.
Speaker 3: I will uh, I'll think about it. I'll get an air check of this the Wizard. Yeah, we get an.
Speaker 1: Air check of that. All right, thank you, Mundo.
Speaker 3: Josh, Doug, you're next.
Speaker 1: Up on open phones. Good morning, Doug, good morning.
Speaker 13: Oh I know that backgene. I've had ninety a size in my four Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Got Oh my god, it's the worst. It is the absolute worst. Well not a question for it is please haven't you started Portillos yet?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Portillo's Yeah, it's a restaurant.
Speaker 13: No, the Italian beef and hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Italian beef and hot dogs. Where are they?
Speaker 13: Uh, there's one in Katie Richmond Wolbrook, but I know of right now. And uh you're from Chicago, Okay, from Chicago's.
Speaker 3: And this is I mean, it's a hot dog place.
Speaker 13: It's a hot dog And see what shop Evan like sausages and Italian beef. So you get the hohi with the Italian beef, the sweet peppers and you can hear Guardias which is a wild uh hot peppers vegetables and oh yeah, you have them dipped it in the Audrey sauce, the deep sauce. Yeah, well it's real good. I've not had any. My grandmother would have to send the package from Chicago for you.
Speaker 4: So I tried to make Italian beef sandwarch is one time, and it is such a process to just do at your house. Yeah, like that's what they feature that on the Bear, the TV show that we love so much.
Speaker 1: Like when you haven't done right, it is the best. It's supposed to be just the most amazing sandwichever you're telling to make up an appointment to go, then okay Portillo's Portillos, Portillo's o r C. I. Oh okay, dude, thank you I'm gonna go check them out.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Doug.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it all right, that's another line open. You can't just talk to me about food. I know, Star, my stomach is growling. Okay, fat boy can't hear about food and then not be close to it when it happens. Seven one, it's The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Giovanni and the Hired Guns Rod Ryan's show. It's open Phones Friday. I don't like wasting any time. I want to get right over to the phones.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to Richard. Richard, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you doing to doing really good man?
Speaker 1: You're on open phones?
Speaker 7: What you got.
Speaker 22: Well, I just want to let y'all know how much I appreciate your show. I got safe about three and a half years ago. Had some liver problems that what's called NASH non alcoholic livers for us, so I couldn't work, and I had a liver transplanting a year ago, and I finally started working again a few weeks ago. I'm actually doing gor Dash, I'm actually doing pretty good at it, and it was just like coming home again to be able to hear you all in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, listen number one. First and foremost, I'm glad you're doing better. To have you back in the family, to have you back on board every morning and everything. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a DoorDash question?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 4: Is there what is there a specific type of food or like restaurant that you just hate, like being like tang it this.
Speaker 3: This order is from here?
Speaker 1: Good question.
Speaker 20: I haven't really call across anything yet. I've had a couple where it wasn't a restaurant's fault, but the door dash problem where they you know, we're sending me to two different locations and all of sudden, second location disappears. But no, I haven't had a problem with any restaurants yet.
Speaker 22: But I've only been doing this for.
Speaker 1: A few weeks.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, Richard, it's good to have you back. It's it's like that old pair of underwear.
Speaker 1: They got the holes in it and stuff, but there's something that's comfortable about them. That's us.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're like those holy underwear.
Speaker 1: They're not really that white anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get you through.
Speaker 1: Hey, Pete, you're next up on Open Phones.
Speaker 3: Good morning Pete, Hey, good morning brother, sup. Sub do what you got for Open phones.
Speaker 21: You're on all right talking about this movie that I've just watched Sunday, and it had Gene Hackman in it.
Speaker 1: He passed away last week. I thought it was coincidence.
Speaker 21: Haven't the movie came out in two thousand and three. I ain't seen it was like, you know, twenty three years ago. Anyway, the point I'm gonna make to this is when you the movie starts. From the beginning of the movie, the guy's driving to work over a bridge and new warnings and whose voice dry.
Speaker 1: Here in the morning? Put your voice's this morning, rod Ryan, I'm like, what he was crazy? The movie is called Runaway Jury. I've been getting a lot of emails about it. I think they just because of Gene Hackman's death. I think they just added that to Netflix, so it's bumped it up on a lot of people's like maybe you know, their front screen or whatever, and a lot of people are watching that movie for the first time.
Speaker 3: I've talked about it before. Yeah, it was a one time buyout.
Speaker 1: I think I got about three hundred and fifty dollars for it. They called me up when I was working in New Orleans. They said, Hey, we're filming a movie here, and I knew that John Cusack was in town for something. I didn't know Gene Hackman and Dustin Hoffman were in town, and they said, Hey, we're filming a movie. We're listening to the show on the set. The guys like it, send us some stuff. And I said, well, what does that mean, send us, send you some stuff, like send us some stuff, send us a few talking on the radio. And I didn't know why they wanted it. And I'm like, I'm not gonna say no to movie guys.
Speaker 4: Was it recorded stuff that you'd already done or was it like, did you record stuff specifically for them?
Speaker 3: I sent him a combination of both, to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: So at the point in the movie, I'm giving away tickets to the Voodoo Fest and I think that's a real clip of me on the air. So and then they ended up using that for the movie and it's it's two seconds, but it's in the very beginning of the movie. So, and somebody put on the and somebody thank you. Somebody took the time to put on the subtitles. Now people watching Netflix with subtitles and it says, hey, it's Rob Ryan. Yeah, it had the.
Speaker 21: Subtitles on there and I had to rewind it. I rewinded and I was like, in the subtitles wrong there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wait a minute, is that him?
Speaker 8: I'm like wow, I said, I gotta try to.
Speaker 1: Call him next Friday and let him know about that.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Pete. I appreciate it and everyone else that's taking time to email me about that. It was fun. Eduardo, good morning, Hey, good morning Rod. How are you doing today? Super super fantastic to be honest with you, It's been a great, great day today. What you got you're on the air?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 27: So about the Boby song?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a jam, Bro, It's a jam.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 27: I actually found him through my preset on i'vene unfold on my heart radio and I actually I heard the Last Last under the Sun first, and then I heard the Devil Works Bleeding Crown and I was like, wait, you got two different styles of music.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 8: I like his.
Speaker 3: I like his style.
Speaker 1: The ones that we do know is Vulby. You go song to song to song. They got so many.
Speaker 3: Wild influences, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, the one thing there that the connective tissue is the guy he has an odd voice. But yeah, like this one that we played for you today was just a straight ahead rock song. You know, there was no saxophone or fifties piano innett or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 27: So I'm like, I'm over here just asking the wizard brother.
Speaker 20: We had an alternative.
Speaker 27: We play an eminem song that's not even sounding like rog what.
Speaker 1: Are you afraid of?
Speaker 16: What is afraid?
Speaker 1: Come on, Wizard, the Metallica Elvin Baby, Come on the Metallica Elvis Baby. That's a great way to put it. Eduardo, thank you very much. I appreciate it. Guys, thank you, thank you so much. Man. We gotta take a break. Yeah, damn, that goes by fast flew by whole week really did. Yeah, it does well. You can tell that Chili's excited about these tickets because he made your wait the whole show for them. You know, we got big concerts going on sale today at ten o'clock. Ghosts even announced this week, but offspring, those tickets go on sale today at ten. Bring Me the Horizon goes on sale today at ten. But one thing you can't buy. You can't get your way into that Deftone show anymore. It's sold out and Chile has a premium on these. They are going to be given away as the last thing we do before we turn you loose for the weekend. Deftones hold out tickets on the floor for their show March sixteenth. Alex work up a question. You canna make it as hard as easy as you want. These are great tickets, man, and they're coming your way on the flip of this break Rock and Alternative Fair use the rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show nine to fifty right out of those man, meaning, this is where we're supposed to be when we're supposed to be here. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la Big big show next Sunday, Deftones Mars Volta sold out. The only way to go see them at the Toyota Center is to go through us. With this little exercise we're about to do right here. It's called another show. Alex is gonna ask you a question. You have to be the He starts with, well like the tenth call, and then if you have the correct answer, then then you're in a shot Okay, So your.
Speaker 4: Question, what did Rod say is not okay to have as the lock screen on your phone?
Speaker 3: Oh only mentioned one mentioned one times. You gotta earn it.
Speaker 1: He's called out and sold out. You gotta earn it. I believe I said if you had this, I would check for severed heads in your freeze, your psychopath seven one three, it's unacceptable seven one three, two one two five nine four five. I mean severed heads two and your alicer. It's completely unacceptable.
Speaker 14: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Getting ninety four point five the Buzz station from iHeartRadio, Houston's Rock and Alternative, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan's Show nine fifty six, Getting ready to getting ready to turn you loose for the weekend, but not without giving you a huge, huge opportunity to get into.
Speaker 3: That sold out deftone show.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. He's now time for yeah know this show on ninety four five. But your twin brother made people wait the whole show today to win these tickets. Well they're very good ticket they are good tickets, they're sold out. Good Morning Rob Ryan's Show, Who's this.
Speaker 2: Drink?
Speaker 1: Jason, make sure.
Speaker 3: I can hear you loud and clear.
Speaker 1: Are you there?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 1: Hear me barely?
Speaker 2: All right, hold on, I'm truck driver. Let me take you off my speaker.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I just want to make sure that we get this. This is such a big ticket here, to make sure they.
Speaker 8: Can hear me better.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, perfect, Jason, welcome to the show. Just be safe if you're driving right now, Alex, let's get Jason in and out of here.
Speaker 4: Let's just give them these tickets. Okay, what's your question, Jason? What does Rod say is not okay to have as the lock screen.
Speaker 8: On your phone?
Speaker 3: Come on, Jason, it's a selfie selfie.
Speaker 1: We got ourselves a bit of a winner here, guys. Dude, sold out tone show. You've got the last pair of tickets.
Speaker 25: You're in.
Speaker 3: Sounds great, you're on the floor. Mars Voltz is gonna open up. It's March sixteenth at the Toyota Center. My man, you cannot have.
Speaker 1: A selfie like even that mom has done.
Speaker 3: The mom said, well, what if it's me and a kid and that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 1: A selfie of you as your lock screen? Uh huh No, no, lock them up, lock them off. Don't do that, Jason. Congratulations, dude, have a great time at that show. Yes, sir, thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, dude, keep the rubber side down. I think is what I'm supposed to say, right, Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Jason, having an awesome weekend, hang on for me, all right?
Speaker 3: You know what's left to do? I could use a little more cow bell.
Speaker 1: You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell.
Speaker 7: Baby.
Speaker 1: I got a fever and the only prescription more cow bell. You know what we did here todayday?
Speaker 26: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, that's it.
Speaker 2: We gotta go.
Speaker 3: Uh Danny boy, he did it again. He got it done right.
Speaker 22: All right.
Speaker 3: We didn't do a victory speech.
Speaker 1: But now he's got to wait. We're out next week for spring break? Are we the only ones? Only about twenty percent of our audience is off. I did a poll question this morning on the X, just wondering if anybody else is off of work next week. It's right at nineteen percent of our audience not working next week? Eighty one percent?
Speaker 8: Are I get it?
Speaker 1: Spring break? Open phones?
Speaker 3: You guys absolutely crushed it today. I'm glad our friend Mundo's doing good after surgery. Got that out of the way.
Speaker 1: You are out tomorrow Onion Creek's going to start things up about one o'clock. You're going to be at the seventeenth annual h Town Chili Throat on You're gonna be there before three.
Speaker 3: I'll be there around three, probably level four.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Dan Matthewson spush Talk seven ninety's gonna be hanging out at one until three.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, he'll hand it off to me. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: He'll party with him and then party with men. Okay, So you can go see Alex tomorrow. You did upload a new episode of Past the Gravy this week, but check it out. Okay, I still listen. We got some great sponsors in. We've got some great whole sponsors and all kinds of great things happening with the rod Ryan showed charity Golf Open benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. Of course, Admiral Transfer and Rigging came in as a title sponsor. Thank you do CONCC. But yeah, every day I'm looking, man, We're just we keep adding to this. Yellowstone Landscape Company just came in.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Thank you, Chris and everybody over there.
Speaker 1: Got some great whole sponsors the bro brad Hole, which I gotta laugh at that, past the gravy, and then NEC signage that's a brand new sponsor for us.
Speaker 3: And then Roosters came in. Awesome, that's a party, Hale.
Speaker 1: I still need some sponsors. I still need sponsorships. You're like, well, Rob, what can I do? Email me and I'll get back with you, or you can just go. Chile has a link up and you'll have a link up all week while we're gone because we'll be talking about it. Oh yeah, don't worry. We're recording things to beat you up over the head, to tell you what we need help with. But yeah, we will be off next week. So I've got best of loaded in. Alex and I were recording all kinds of stuff. You won't even know we're not here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always say that, and I fool some of you. I do full some of you some of the time.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it. Jeremy's up next non stop noon or pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: You're heading out to the rodeo this weekend.
Speaker 1: Help on bs HA happy birthday. Yeah, you know, all right, that's it. Guys, have an awesome weekend, have an awesome week he am A. Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 10: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.