Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Lines podcast, where recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe and the comics, TV and movie go from perst six one six to the Mojo Verse, to the to the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Universe right to you.
Speaker 2: I'm the Man without Fear, Chris.
Speaker 3: I'm the Nerve with mouth David Alliance.
Speaker 1: Symbol Volume three hundred and one. Yes, we are over the hump. That is the three hundredth episode. We hope you all enjoyed that. A lot of fun that episode was. You know, sorry, we can bring it to you a lot, but I hope that you enjoyed our MC ranking.
Speaker 2: Again. Thank you Travis, Thank you Brent for making the time.
Speaker 1: To record that witness as the milestone that we definitely would love seeing you together with.
Speaker 2: And and we are planning a reunion.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a little bit, but it's gonna be a special occasion if it can work out, So it'll be a little bit so, but I don't want to say because don't want to drinx it. It's still enough months away that you know, we don't want to commit anything. But the seed has been planted. Things have been marked down on calendars to ensure that we can hopefully make this happen.
Speaker 2: So stay tuned.
Speaker 1: But we've got bears Layer in the chat saying good evening. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us this week. Oh yes, yes, ess you check the little headline ticker below.
Speaker 2: We've got that.
Speaker 1: And we also got a very fun discussion for our post credits comic book related yaues.
Speaker 2: It's a Marvel show.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about everything, but this is gonna be a fun one, talk about comic books in our post credits.
Speaker 2: So all right, David, how has been your week? My friend?
Speaker 3: My week has been pretty excellent. It's just been a kind of chill week watching a lot, a lot, a lot of international football, so soccer for our Americans here. Kansas City is a host city for the World Cup. We had the joys of watching Messy live in Arrowhead two days ago. So yeah, I mean that the the man was just on fire, absolutely killing. It had the hat trick. I was getting text from friends of mine who don't ever watch soccer, including my mom, was texting me to say, oh my god, I feel like I'm watching history and I'm like this, we welcome to my world as a soccer fan. So it has been very enjoyable for me.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been you know, finally, we've had two weeks of meetings that I've had to you know, kind of put a lot of things, you know, planning for the next year. But you know those ends of the year kind of end of the year meetings district wide, followed by the than planning for the upcoming year with my leadership teams.
Speaker 2: So it has been a lot.
Speaker 1: Of fun end and got to, you know, this past weekend go to Heroes Con and Charlotte, so you know, stay also tuned for the post credits. For you watchers of the YouTube feed, you'll you'll see some of the the you know whares that I was able to procure from Heroes Con.
Speaker 2: But I did have a moment.
Speaker 1: It was kind of interesting that, you know, occasionally I'll get recognized for one thing or another.
Speaker 2: You know, it always throws me.
Speaker 1: But some someone out there was and might be listening at that point you have dout Chris.
Speaker 2: Chris and I have a common name.
Speaker 1: I'm not necessarily the most immediate person they're talking about me.
Speaker 2: So immediately did.
Speaker 1: And then he was right in front of me and said, hey, wait, you're you're Chris from Marvel Alliance and Braving the Boys, and I was like, yes, yes, I am.
Speaker 2: One of those. Oh it's about to happen.
Speaker 1: But it was a great, great meeting you and fellow educator as well, so thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: It was good. It's always good running into a fan.
Speaker 1: It's very humbling that to see, you know, out out there in real life when we do our little side hustle right here for you. So hope you enjoy it again. Keep keep doing what you're doing out there. You're you're you're one of the real ones in not only even geeked them, but as an educator.
Speaker 2: So gods, godspeed my friend.
Speaker 1: And yeah, well we'll talk about heroes kind of the post credits as well.
Speaker 2: But a new trailer this week, David, Yes related trailer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they had you know what it. It leaked a while ago and they are now at a point where they had to release it because it was photoonol around like so many people. I'd seen it already, so I am happy to be able to see it in glorious high definition.
Speaker 2: Yes, so but yeah, so we're going to break that down.
Speaker 1: We've got a little bit of X Men news coming from the screenwriter for the MC's new version of the X Men, and but yeah, so let us before we get in those, we have to do the Loveny Network plugs. So we are part of the Geek Ultimate Alliance Network with six shows covering the wide range of geek and nerdom. To see the full schedule, check out the show notes below. Subscribe to the Geek Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at Gwaypod Networks sooner when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon say for we want to throw a couple of shekels our way.
Speaker 2: We've got two tiers, our dollar tires, a tip chart to say, hey, you think we're doing a good job, and then we've got.
Speaker 1: Our five dollars here with ad for episodes, early access episodes, and Patreon exclusive shows we've got for Marble Lines, We've got a few shows on the back catalog. We got we can watch this all day, the Marble Lines, Infinnity Saga, Rewatch Tales from the House of x Are where we show where we watched our favorite movies from the Fox Ara of X Men and then the backs are broadcast the Fantastic for Retro Film Reviews and recorded. On Monday night, we began our first episode of cape X Men Dictations the Avengers, Earthmighties Heroes rewatch first watch at that point, Yes, mister Hines, it is a long title. One of these days you are going to remember it at that point, even though I texted and she say, I'm never gonna forget it. Well, he got it for DC Alliones. You know the animation nation still that you're gonna get it one day. It's a mouthful, but hey, it's our show. We wanted to do it. I like a play on words. So yes, KPE expectations. First episode is in the can patrons. You will get that in the feeds the last Monday of the month where I will continue kind of that drops of that, so first five episodes on that first episode.
Speaker 2: Hope you enjoy that.
Speaker 1: DC Alliance guys are still doing their DC film through the years, Joe's during his Multiverse Minutes Disney Dives. We're on the verst and the fifteenth reviewing and breaking down the Disney animated classics in chronological order. So we want to thank our patrons. We cannot do this without your support, And if you're not a member of our patreon, go to www dot com bat www dot patreon dot combacks a network so you know when all so you get all that lovely, lovely Patreon content. But if you're not a member of our patreon, if you could take thirty to ninety seconds rate review our podcast on Marvel Lines, on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Google whatever whatever you get your podcasts, we greatly appreciate it. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, panel bound Comics dot com for your antibus hardcover collect edition needs. JP and the crew at PBC have got it going on with excellent customer service and Macul packaging ships around the world, bulletproof packaging and earn points for every single order.
Speaker 2: You know, getting ready probably within the next week.
Speaker 1: These these extra discounts for the August solicitations are going to go away. There'll still be discounted, but not as much as they are right now. You got new Mutant Zombo this volume four. We got Spider Verse Spider Geddon coming back into print just in time for you know a little bit of spidy action at that point. That is scheduled to come out at the end of August, so you know, get that action. We got ghostwriter Danny Ketch Onoba's Volume three, and of course Indiana Jones the Further Adventures books one and two coming out of September. Use that code Marvel GUA at checkout to get two dollars off every single order, or you use the code m gua sit to get five percent off when you order four or more books together, and listen.
Speaker 2: To let them know you're listener. And we want to thank you for being our official sponsor.
Speaker 1: All right, So yes, we did get We've been hearing rumors for a while, leaks and everything for this next trailer, A spider Man. We knew this was going to be the trailer that was gonna say tickets were on sale, and tickets did go on sale. Also early access tickets went on sale. David, did you secure your tickets and how many tickets and showings have you secured?
Speaker 2: I leave the listeners to know how committed you are to this movie.
Speaker 3: I currently have two showings, one on Wednesday at seven I secured four tickets to that, and then I have a showing on Thursday at five thirty. Our lovely friend Brent will be joining me for both of those. And you know, if spouse's girlfriends other people, if we decide to let them join, then technically they have tickets too, But it's really just about me and Brent and our experience. So I have a the early showing on Wednesday and then five thirty, so I will technically be done right in time for if we decide to continue to go live on Thursday, or if we do like normal where we push it back to Friday. If we end up pushing it back to Friday, then I will probably have had three viewings by that point. I guarantee it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now, we're we have the potential.
Speaker 1: Because I also was able to secure just by the skin of my teeth. I had to wait an hour to get into the queue for the showing on Wednesday night, and luckily it wasn't I did have the seat I wanted. I was able to select it, and then if and Dango just was not letting me select us, I had to go back in and out three times apparently lost that seat.
Speaker 2: I had to go to the road in front of me.
Speaker 1: But I had secured a seat for Thursday night that to give me that Wednesday night early showing, So there is a good potential, a strong potential that we will get the review episode out on our normal time, well maybe a little bit later, so we as we get closer to that, we'll have to kind of work out out with David, also working out with our brethren over at geek first, because I know they're going to do their review also that night, so we're got to coordinate schedules and make sure that we're fair to them and.
Speaker 2: See if we can make this work out.
Speaker 1: But either way we are going to be doing our review episode. We're going to be very excited to see it. It's been a while else since I've gotten early access. I think the last early access showing I was able to get was The Batman Part two.
Speaker 4: So last one that I had was.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, it's maybe a day it was, maybe it's this is only a day early, but still early as early. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Last one that I had, again also with Britt was Guardians of the Galaxy Volume three, So that's the last one that I've gotten in an early showing, and but that yeah, I'm super super excited, like I waited now as well. On Fandango then had so many problems because you had to be in Amazon's Prime subscriber in order to get it. Then I got in, I clicked the button, I was logged, and then it said I wasn't a subscriber, so I had to relog in, put me back in the queue for another eleven minutes. I'm over here freaking out, but it ended up working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of wondered saying it for an hour wait ended up probably before I figured it was all gone. But luckily nope, there actually were still some decent seats, but probably they're all gone right now. But all right, so let us break down the kind of I'll say, you know, one would say the second trailer is supposed to be the story trailer, and typically sometimes they reveal a lot more than we would like them to reveal. I have to say before we even start watching it as a whole. I've seen this about two or three times. I don't think they still revealed a lot that I feel like.
Speaker 2: They've ruined anything.
Speaker 1: You know, there's at least, I mean, I'll get to say it right now, there's still no tombstone. We know tombstones in this movie. We have not seen our first image of Tombstone at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that this one spoiled. And I mentioned it on discord within the Geek Versa discord, somebody had asked if this would be spoilerific, and I was like, you know what, It's got some more action scenes, but it doesn't spoil anything, which I think is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very impressive. So all right, so let us start doing this. As always our the volume is going to be down and for those watching it, it's you know, we'll stop at different points. So we get Spider Man kind of rolling in here and kind of you know, basically his power set is you know, not necessarily acting.
Speaker 2: He's like what's going on, So it's kind of coming in and out.
Speaker 1: Now we've seen you know, there's a history in the comics and there's also a history in the movies with Spider Man of his his powers kind of going out of whack. Yeah, you know, its famously and Spider Man too, you know, his commitment to Spider Man in his mind is kind of causing that, which again I appreciate.
Speaker 2: We've seen that.
Speaker 3: Which set up the twenty year joke of oh my.
Speaker 1: Back, Oh my back, and we see him getting nailed to the wall by our first look at Scorpion. In this he's played by the illustrious Michael met Michael Mondo, Mando Mondo, I can't I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I think it's Mando.
Speaker 1: He's reprising his role of his brief cameo from Homecoming, playing mac Argan. The history of mac Argon in the comics, he was a criminal and Jjo mc jamison was able to fund him and put him in this kind of scorpion suit to take down Spider Man. Well, at some point or another, he also hates Spider Man, and he also tries to get revenge on j Joe mc jamison that has tried to cheat him at many different times. We've also he is my least favorite iteration of when he does don the Venom symbia, that is my least favorite one of Venom.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. I don't care much for it.
Speaker 1: I think mac Argan is a good character, I just don't care for him as Venom.
Speaker 2: Stick to Scorpions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so yes, this is a big theme right now going on, especially in the trailer throughout this movie.
Speaker 2: You know he.
Speaker 1: You know, we see Peter kind of going to the Black Eyes and so we're gonna talk about that like Peter's kind of animalistic instincts are taking like over his his arachnid instincts, as you were. One thing I want to go back to with Scorpion is I want to ask you this question, David, because like this tech. Now, we saw in Homecoming Adrian Tombs was getting his tech from you know, the Battle of New York all the letsovers from this. Could Scorpion have gotten this tech on the black market from after the Battle of Vangame Now we saw that in underground dealings and auctions and Hawkeye.
Speaker 2: So what do you think did he make this? Did he buy this?
Speaker 1: Or is this kind of tech that's still from the battle of basically a battle of Earth against Santos.
Speaker 3: I am hoping hoping that this tech was given to him by a certain corporation that we really have not seen or heard yet from in the MCU.
Speaker 2: And who would that be?
Speaker 3: I am hoping that these are where we first get our first seedings into this version of Ozcorp.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's good, that'd be good.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I love that we are getting this kind of look underneath the mask, you know, We've seen it with Tony Stark. We've seen a lot of different things, but like there's a big theme, particularly in this trailer of like look at the eyes, and I think that we're they're really showing this is the sense of his loneliness and he's becoming less human the more we're focusing on it. You know, we see his mutation taking an evolutionary leap. And I said the word. I said it mutation.
Speaker 3: And that's been a running theme with Spider Man across all his movies, is the loneliness that it takes to be Spider Man. And so at this point, just having him so low and then he's going through this moment where he's all lone. The eyes turning dark just gives that extra.
Speaker 1: Layer and then he kind of like, you know, he says he gargain, says he missed me. Spidey feels like lose mind. And then he kind of loses it. Like his his strength goes.
Speaker 2: Like to to the epic level, like you know.
Speaker 1: I'll take his line from uh, this is final tap, but he goes up to eleven, you know, and he takes him down, you know, and yeah, and this.
Speaker 3: This isn't I don't know my own strength situation. This is a he just straight up keeves him out of there.
Speaker 2: He went up straight on Hulk.
Speaker 1: Hulk locied him and uh, you know the puny scorpion and he recognized it too.
Speaker 2: I'm totally out of control.
Speaker 1: I also like the red tint, you know, from the back light hitting his black eyes. So you know, this is we'll get into this because this is going to lead into what our David has selected as our next com book Club. We'll kind of put that out there, you know, when we get we get to that point, we're ready to reveal it. But this, I believe I want to say that this is probably going to be you know, we we've heard that the opening montage is going to be Peter going to be kind of taking down these kind of d listers at this point, and I think this, you know, the scorpion fot is going to be in the beginning of I think it's going to be the kind of the culmination of Peter's taking down of these characters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could. I could definitely see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we get you know, him watching the Instagram live feed of his former friends.
Speaker 2: We got MJ, we got ned.
Speaker 3: Now here's an interesting thing. They mentioned that this is their last semester at MIT. In the last trailer, we had him watching the stream from their going into their first semester at MIT. So he's been sitting lonely watching them throughout their entire college career.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I want to bring out too, is that you know he's We're seeing this throughout these trailers. We're seeing this very big push pull either embracing his aggressive nature like Frank Castle, or is he going to repress the nature like Bruce Banner. That's gonna be kind of a big theme. But it's also like he doesn't have a life like he is Spider Man. That's it, Like there is no like when the world forgot about Peter Parker, he's also forgotten about Peter Parker.
Speaker 2: Like that's all he does. I would love to know what he does.
Speaker 1: For money to afford any kind of apartment that he's living in, even if it's the shadiest kind, like he has to afford some point. I'm very curious of how they deal with that or mention that in this movie. And it is interesting the the webshooter is being kind of magnetic as a slap on there at that point. That's that's an interesting style of I've always gone back and forth whether the the webshoot underneath the costume or on top of the costume.
Speaker 2: It really doesn't bother me either way because either.
Speaker 1: Way, if someone with a huge grip can crush them, it doesn't matter whether they're on the outside or inside.
Speaker 3: And that web shooter is huge. But also when you think about it, like if this was real life having to have cartridges that could hold that much web, it would be that huge. But when I.
Speaker 1: First saw this as like, ann, those are going to change out those cartridges too, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those are some huge web cartridges, yeap.
Speaker 1: So but he's putting on he's trying to use them. But then they launched, the web launchers launched but with webbing, and he sees looking at his wrist organic webshooters. You know, this is always a big thing in the cop book community. When Peter Parker got them in the comics, and then you know in the in the Sam Raimi Spider Man movies that his Spider Man also had her game shooters. That's that's you know, you're either on one side of the aisle. It really didn't bother me. It was a big change, and I think at first I was on the side of wait a minute, you know, I understand what you're trying to do. But that's one of the things that made Peter Parker kind of he's a scientist. He had to make his tech and things like that. So when you took that away, he didn't take away the scientist thing, but it was kind of like, man, Okay, we're going in a different direction with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it didn't bother me when I was originally watching the movies, and I didn't and after a while I completely forgot about it until we get to Andrew Garfield's version where he's actually tinkering and making them and experimenting with it, and I was like, oh, I did miss this aspect of Spider Man. But there's a whole generation, a whole sect of fans who didn't know that he had webshooters because all they knew was Toby's Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you see him going to find a doctor manner and saying, you found a way to press you're mutating DNA, and he shows him this massive risk gauntlet.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call it. Yeah, you see me without this run.
Speaker 3: Banner with another bad joke every appearance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of awkward, they said, So you can get rid of the bad aspects, and Bruce puts it to him like this, and how do you decide what parts of nature are bad? Yeah, getting manhandled, throwing into all around the city. Now, thank you geek first guys for never me seeing this scene ever. And I'm gonna be with you laughing at the soon and we get with this very smirky look of Bruce Banner saying you're not one of my students, are you?
Speaker 2: And yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Watch geek first understand what that means. Humorous at that point. But uh, but so we get this July, you know, okay, so we get another look at our Oh god, I just break down the actor's name.
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus, Chris, you know what. Had you not just asked me, I'd been like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm looking it up real quick. And we are, Yes, tramill Tilman. I knew his last name with Tillman. I just wanted to know the person. Yes, Trammeil Tilman, so I knew it wasn't a literate name. So uh, we knew he was going to be in charge of the Department of Damage Control, and but we didn't. There are a lot of things going aboud about who it was he exactly Well, it wasn't until kind of the end credits over close captioning that it was given away that he is playing the character of William Metzger. William Metzger is an anti mutant activist.
Speaker 2: And so you know.
Speaker 1: So Following the Middletown incident, Metzger used television appearances and rallies to push his militia into the spotlight to broaden recruitment with a message of filtering down to the communities such as Freeport High School. After the violence out of Freeport football game, Metzger was again featured on television, framing mutants as a national crisis requiring government action. From the militia's base in Trenton, New Jersey, Metzger presented himself as a credible political figure and outlined a strategy for targeting high profile mutants through the press, later executing it on a talk show talk show Charlie Rose Charlie Ross by publicly singling out Warren Worthington the Third who was warning Worthington the Third.
Speaker 3: Angel, Yes for All of ours YEP.
Speaker 1: As his visibility increased, he hinted at programs such as the Vista that the militia had federal support. Then met with Agent Kin alongside Arthur and authored Cooperation, turning over the militia's intelligence on suspected mutants and tying it to technology recovered from Bolivia tras robot Ah, there we are the Trenton Project. At the secret facility, Metzger and Kine oversaw a program centered on converting his Arthur program to the anti Musan weapon. Metzger observed Arthur restrained and in a transformation rig and praised the work publicly while maintaining the media posture, and denied federal involvement. Anteased national political ambitions he did he is no longer among the living in the comic book community. During the project's final test, Metzger watched from a control room with Kin as Arthur's attacked captive mutants and attempted to direct Arthur's actions as the situation escalated.
Speaker 3: There's one man who really doesn't like it when you attacked active mutants.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Exactly after Magneto intervened and Arthur was killed, Metzger was confronted and killed when Magneto.
Speaker 2: Hurled him into space, after.
Speaker 1: Which the anti mutant militia began to unravel without his leadership.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna put leadership in quotes. So yes.
Speaker 1: He his first appearance with X Men Children of the Atom number one in September nineteen ninety nine. His final appearance was X Men Children of the Atom August of two thousand. So that is who mister Tilman is portraying in this. I think it is rather an interesting choice. I don't know, you know, being an anti mutant character in the comics played by an African American.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they're going to kind of confront that, you know, it is very interesting. I think.
Speaker 1: He is a great actor. I've loved everything that I have seen him in. Like I said, even though I blaked on it and blaked on his name at this day, tremal Tillman isn't outstanding actor. But I thought it was an interesting choice, being that once we finally figured out who he was playing, was like, hmm, anti mutnet this are they going to deal with this or is this going to be you know, not only is a good actor, but we're going to confront this. I think that would be a very bold and interesting decision. You know, what do you think I think it is.
Speaker 3: It will be interesting if this is more than just a use of a name, and they are going to you know, addressed you know, his position and his stance on being against another thing, because you know, we had our Alley gories with the Mutants and you know, the racism and things like that and going against that, Like, how are they going to address that or if this is just using the name, I will be interested to see how they're going to handle that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's basically kind of saying like we're going against enemy that we can't see, can't control. But I think he is the main villain of this movie. I think he's the one that we're gonna end up, which will be kind of, I'm not gonna say, totally disappointing, but you know, it's it's an interesting you know, I always I want to see like a main list Spider Man villain. But you know, again, I'm not gonna judge a book but before I even get a chance to read it. But you know, I think he's definitely gonna be one of the villains of this movie. I don't know if he's gonna be the main villain, but I have a feeling that he is going to control who Sadie Sink's character is going to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we.
Speaker 1: Get our our first look at Sadie Sink in this hood.
Speaker 3: Put it up. Yeah, we still do. There's a lot of you know, is she isn't. She's floating around about who the character is exactly. But you know, I am reserving that until they actually he put it on camera and say this is this person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, considering that, you know, I'll mention it when we get to that part of the trailer.
Speaker 2: But we get a lot of destruction.
Speaker 1: We get this kind of huge, kind of pulse coming out of Roosevelt Island. I wonder if they're going to do like in the comics or turning Roosevelt Island into another superhero and superhero prison.
Speaker 2: You know, I wonder.
Speaker 1: But the only people that are affect woop. I didn't mean to jump ahead that much, I won't. You know, only Spider Man and Frank are not affected. So I find that interesting because even you know, he has called out that he's not affected by this. Then we get like something become consciousness is bouncing around to people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it looks like Peter in his suit has a way of tracking the trajectory of it. I don't know if that's in real time, if that's more of a after the fact, it's it's noticing the change in people.
Speaker 1: M and we see him that we saw on the other trailer, the uh you know, apparently this is Ned's trying to figure out who Spider is, his his reintroduction to MJ in the Flesh, and she's moving on with hair life saying you don't know each other. It's saying, you know, Spider Man, you okay, you get rid of that monster. So we see the conscience going back for us. So what I want to point out here is whoever Sadie Singh's character is, is it going to be this big first introduction of the MCUs X men. If you've seen previous episode, I'm not going to say it again, check it out.
Speaker 2: You've heard the rumors.
Speaker 1: Could Sadie Singh's character be the one who eventually causes MJ to remember who Peter is.
Speaker 3: I I think that that is a very good thought process, especially when this person says, I think I might go see MJ. And so you know, and there's another point in here where Spider Man and MJ have an interaction and MJ's completely calm, like she just felt at peace around him.
Speaker 1: A few people in the chat, we got bears Layers saying, I remember when I first saw Toby Spider Man. I was so frustrated when then it had you know, webshooters. I love the last second cartridge swap. And then we've got a new person in the chat, san Ju saying, the themes of the movie seem to be depression, loneliness, mutation, absolutely absolutely, and then we see okay, so I want to say one more thing about this. This kind of bracelet or whatever that you know what Peter's holding up has now been crushed or damaged that's been suppressing Bruce's you know, Hulk. This I think this suppressor that Bruce has, I think this also could be used and co opted by the as a mutant gene suppressor, you know, in the sense of like the callers from the show. Well, I will give my thoughts on that when we come to factor fiction. Okay, all right, until we see Hulk finally hulking out. You know, how's it been, mister savage Hulk.
Speaker 3: I do like there a lot of I didn't know you could get that big because if you remember Peter's only interactions with Hulk, like one on one interactions because they were in New York at the same time, but they did not interact with each other. And then in the climactic fight, by this point he is already you know, the smart Hull key, so he's not as big then at Tony Stark's funeral, so he was never the big menacing Hulk in any of the time Spider Man's had direct interactions with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so it's kind of hard to see, but some of the merchandise and things like that, we could be now officially getting confirmation that we are going to see Gray Hulk, which was the original form of the Hulk in the comics, and then it was returned to the in the very amazing Peter David run of the character, you know, freed from Banner's mental prison he put him in thanks to you know, thanks to probably Sadie Sink's character. So I know a lot of people are excited to finally see Hulk back. We see Spider Man basically saying, MJ come with me. You know if kind of I have in a Laddin moment, do you trust me? The whole New World? We see her meeting Frank, but yeah, I think Frank is protecting Sadie Sinkh's character in some way, shape or form. And we still don't know where the Hand fits into this. That's why I'm saying, like, I think the Hand has been working for is working at the behest of Tombstone. I do not see them working for or the D do O C. But this is where Spider Man kind of embraces his eracneed idea, his ractied background.
Speaker 3: It just goes and I love that that scene when he does this spinning takedown in just the webs everywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yes, that's like you've you've.
Speaker 1: Reached your power up at that point, and you're gonna let it go right at the right moment to take down the bat, your ball.
Speaker 3: That's video game L two and R two at the same time, you're just unleashing your final move.
Speaker 2: Going going Spider Man berserker at that point.
Speaker 1: But you see Peter at the end visiting May's graves and Missy we heard her saying kind of the you know.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna get? Are you going to fall into?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: What kind of here we are you gonna be? Is he a cool shot of Hulk.
Speaker 1: Going down and you know, probably doing some collateral damage the Spider Man Brand New Day, He's gonna do some you know, we gotta do a jokey it is Spider Man, so doing something stretch.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. I'm not in high school anymore.
Speaker 2: Taking him down. So yeah, so tickets on sale now. But yeah, all in all, a good trailer. I wouldn't say, like.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this this movie is gonna be like hitting on all levels. It didn't move my needle down. It didn't move my needle up too much more. I think it's I'm very impressed that they didn't give away really a lot of the story outside of saying, okay, Peter's gonna be dealing with some issues with his power set, loneliness, as Sandi said in the chat, depression kind of where's the balance in his life?
Speaker 2: But again, we have not seen Tombstone and another.
Speaker 1: You know thing that I think this movie is based off of, not just entitle only Brand New Day, you know, the post uh one after.
Speaker 2: One More Day.
Speaker 1: But I am very confident, just as you are confident, that this storyline that they also they are borrowing from is from the Other.
Speaker 3: Yes, there are a lot of moments in iconography from the Other that as you look through this trailer you're like, oh, I'm seeing things that. Yeah, that that feels like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So but yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: As we said, we've already gotten our tickets for it, so come the end of July, we are very excited for this.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a nice one when.
Speaker 1: We have a lead in at the beginning of the month. In just literally just two weeks, we get X MEN ninety seven returning as your shirt for those watching. David's got his x N ninety seven shirt on. I've got my three Peter's shirt in this. Yeah, and it's gonna be a good July coming up.
Speaker 2: So but yeah, hopefully you got your tickets.
Speaker 1: If you haven't got your tickets yet, I'm sure again, this is gonna be as we kind of talked about when I was on the vodka stream last week. We had mentioned in the sense of like where this movie has been placed, there's nothing really after Spider Man, Brandy Day comes out, like they will pretty much own August for the most part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, so will.
Speaker 1: It make the billion dollars, I don't know. We'll have to see, you know, right now, it's tracking for two hundred million. The pre the uh you know, pre sale tickets are the best of twenty twenty six. It's definitely creeping up on different records. So right now they're currently predicting the first weekend at two hundred million, So I'd say that's a pretty big success.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have perfect timing. At the end of July, you get that last little rush before school starts, you know, some fun with that. So yeah, they are I feeling that they are going to dominate.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're going to take our first ad break for breaking down the news for the week. So listeners, these ads help keep the lights on the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't get to chew what ads come on, and they can be a bit loud to give you that three count before they come on, three two one.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back and we are back, all right.
Speaker 1: So just one news item for the week. This is coming from Deadline. Beef creator director Lee Sung Jin reveals the X Men reboot update. So I have not seen I've seen the first season of Beef hopefully this summer, I will get a chance to binge the second season, but they were talking about Beef, but they couldn't pass up the opportunity to check in with him as he is one of the screenwriters for the MCU's X Men reboots.
Speaker 2: So Deadline says, before I.
Speaker 1: Let you go, you've taken a stab at Marvel before before, and now you're doing the next X Men movie. What is it like to do something that has the kinds of parameters after the freedoms you've had on Beef. He also helped punch up Thunderbolts asterisks as well, So Lee said, truthfully, it's the same parameters on this project, which is so exciting. I'd say there were actually more parameters on Thunderbolts because it was plugging into an existing arc and existing characters, whereas the X Men, Kevin Feige just wants to take big swing and start anew not to be beholden to any movies that have come before. And Jack Schreyer, excuse me, Jake Schreyer has such a clear vision in terms of wanting to get back to the character first and to what is exciting about those early Chris Claremont run Comics, which was all about team dynamics. There were a lot of soapi elements to those comics. We've been in the room every day together. Lewis Esposito are so dialed in and have such an incredible instincts that it's fun to just Blue Sky think.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He continues on saying, I'm such a big fan that IP and comics. My dad and I every Saturday morning used to watch the show on television.
Speaker 2: So to be able to.
Speaker 1: Be around Marvel conference room and have every X Men character on the board and be able to spitball and freestyle on what about this person, it's so emboldening because you're like, oh, wow, this isn't going to be a safe movie. This is actually going to be a really exciting new take. So nothing really outside of like just hearing how much of a fan he is, how devoted to it. I mean, throwing creators by the name of Chris Claremont out there, I mean, you're warm in my heart that yeah. Literally, I literally have from beginning to the end of Chris Claremont's run on X Men and collect Edition format. X Men are my favorite team in Marvel Comics, like, hands down, so many different themes and yes, the Claremont Burn run in the beginning and Claremont fully taking over a team that went and they took over and brought them there. They gave it to them because they didn't have any faith in it because it already got canceled once. It wasn't as a big title, and Burn and Claremont made it who they were with such the iconic storylines at that point. I love hearing a fan take on these characters and understand and I have faith that they understand what they're doing, and like I like hearing they're not beholden to anything as much as they were on Thunderbolts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I completely agree, knowing that they know the history, the connections, the big moments. Again, you're talking about Chris Claremont, who was a legend when it comes to X Men. Just having that knowledge and being able to understand those team dynamics, which is going to be huge for a franchise like this, that that gives me a good feeling going forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah so so yeah, so we will see. You know, there have been some rumors of some possible castings going out. There seems to be from what we have heard and understood that you know, they're probably gonna go for a lot of unknowns, which is fine. You know this this could be a launch pad for some up and comers that are maybe a little bit in the you know, you know, young actors market, or just some young actors and actresses that are out there. You know, we and I have gone back and forth, Travis, I go back for Brendan and I have gone back and forth like who could make up this possible team. We're going to continue going that. I know you want a certain person who is usually wrong about a lot of things at that point on this team. You know, he's definitely not thrown hands. He thrown eyes and thrown most of the time, but pretty much all the time at that point.
Speaker 2: If we're gonna be honest about it.
Speaker 3: Look, the only time a man is wrong is when it's talking about being faithful to his woman outside.
Speaker 1: I'm going to point out one thing, and I wasn't going to say this. I think I might have said it to you. I'm not sure if I did. But if you have not read what If Cyclops had What If Cyclops have stayed with Madeline Pryor read that issue of what If? Read it and you will see because of because of his one choice, how bad he.
Speaker 2: Screws up everything. At that point I thought, you know.
Speaker 1: So just just read it and you will. I'll continue proving my point of why Cyclops is wrong.
Speaker 2: So anyways, dead be Dad, you know all the things.
Speaker 1: Anyways, poor Scott or no, no, no, no, absolute poor Scott.
Speaker 2: He gets everything that's coming to him. All right.
Speaker 1: So that again, that's all the news for this week. So let's head into listener feedback factor. Fiction is the Comic Book Club. So we got one question just at the naked time about thirty forty ago, mister Josh Green had come in and thread so what did he have to write us?
Speaker 3: All right? So question from Josh Green, if Marvel made a Predator versus Wolverine movie that was outside of the MCU, would you rather have Henry Cavill's Wolverine or Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.
Speaker 2: Cavaline? Interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's that's I like that question. You know again, if you I will say this too, plug in more comics. Definitely highly recommend the when Marvel got you know, brought in the Alien and Predator licenses. I think their anthology series have been really great. But Predator versus. You had Predator versus Wolverine. You have Predator versus Black Panther, spider Man, and then Predator versus the Marvel Universe. You had Aliens versus the Avengers. You're about to have Aliens versus X Men in this one. They're doing some good stuff with these characters, these licenses at this point, So highly recommend those reads if you get a chance to do that, and they don't pull punches with the Predator stuff, like even in the Avengers ones, like this is it. They're they're taking that license. This is definitely a little bit pretty mature. I think spider Man, Wolverine, and Spider Man are pretty brutal, very very brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as you would expect Wolverine.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, who would you rather see?
Speaker 2: I'm still thinking, So.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing I need for me if they're going to do it outside of the m c U, I don't want either of those two. If it's outside of the mc Number one huge. Now that Hugh Jackman has been brought in with Dead Pull and Wolverine, I think you you stick true to the character. I think with something like this, you're going to want an over the top version of Wolverine. So I'm going to take it back to some old fan casting, and I'm gonna say, Jock Courtney.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, that's definitely the way way back machine.
Speaker 3: Yes, that that that some some older fan casting, you know, when they were still trying to decide if they were going to recast Wolverine. He was someone who is on a lot of people's list, you know, and then he went on to be Boomerang in the Suicide Squad. But I think that he's got the build, the physicality, plus I think he could be just a more over the top Wolverine. I don't see Henry Cavill being the more over the top Wolverine. And if you're going to bring back the Calvaline, I think again, it's one of those those special moments and I'd rather have Henry Cavill do something else with Marvel for going to get him in one true Marvel moment that there's somewhere else I'd rather see him. So I'm gonna go with John Courtney for that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'll keep the question there.
Speaker 1: You know, it was it was interesting just because you know, you got he had the cameo of the Cavaline, and you got Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. I will say, you know, I would love to see the cavaln just love to see it just there. And and they're getting an action figure for which I love. I think that's really cool.
Speaker 2: Man. This is this is a this is tough for me. I think.
Speaker 1: It depends on which version of Hugh Jackson's Wolverine. And I would say that the version we got in Deadpool Wolverine, uh, you know, just take you know where we got there, that was one version. But I think that I want to see just the cavalin. I think I think I want to see the cavalry, not but it's not a huge step ahead of Hugh Jackman because I think that that could be good.
Speaker 2: But I just think the the.
Speaker 1: This the the massive of Henry Cavill versus a predator. I think that that could be kind of fun. So yeah, I'll say the cavaline. So yeah, but fun question. All right, So fact or fictions for this week? All right, so we have some reason the ones from a couple of weeks ago. You know, I've got those two. So we got a couple of weeks ago with mister Hines, did it so they said there will be a second season of Spider Noir.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent said yes, what say you?
Speaker 3: I say yes?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Number two, there will be a live action Miles Morales Tony Spider Man in the next five years eighty six percent in fact, fourteen percent in fiction.
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 3: I say yes? Ken Figuez said that they're waiting until after the final Spider Verse movie before they introduce theirs. So that makes me feel like they definitely have something on the horizon.
Speaker 1: If I mentioned that's mister Hines as well, and then his final one was Spider Man. Brandon Day will make at least a billion dollars sixty seven percent in fact, thirty three percents in fiction.
Speaker 2: Do you think now?
Speaker 1: My beginning of the year prediction was that there was only going to be one billion dollar movie this year. I didn't claim I didn't strike my claim about which one. I just said one of the Marvel movies would be not both. So do you think it will it be Spider Man?
Speaker 3: Close but not it?
Speaker 2: Okay, close but not it?
Speaker 3: All right? I agree with you that that there's going to be a billion dollar movie. I just don't think that this is it.
Speaker 1: I don't think this is gonna be it, all right, So let me pull up the ones from our three hundredth episode we put out there. All right, So for some reason there was no vote. The voting got screwed up on number one. But since you didn't weren't there for it, you get to kind of put it out there. The agric or co Oh will be a major story arc in a future season of X Men ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Fact, And I said that as a huge, huge, huge fan of Crico era X Men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, number two, we had one hundred percent say this. There will be a Defenders related special presentation not titled Jessica Jones or Alias.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go fact on that, and I think I voted fact on on the poll.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: This next Spider Man Tom Holland trilogy will feature Gwen Stacy and Harry Osborne at supporting characters.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go fiction on that. I don't think we'll get.
Speaker 2: Harry, okay, And then I think this was yours.
Speaker 1: In season two of X ninety seven, one of the X teams will lose and die against the Against Apocalypse.
Speaker 3: So that that's mine and I'm going fact. I think that the they have to have the big moment, a La Gambit sacrifice, you know, all over again?
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Well I will you know those are the those are the ones from the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: So David, what do you have for us this week?
Speaker 3: Okay? So first one, we kind of touched on it earlier. Banner's Risk Gauntlet will be the blueprint for the Mutant Callers, blueprint.
Speaker 2: For the Mutant College.
Speaker 1: I will I put it out there as an idea, but I'm gonna say fact, I think they're gonna I think they're gonna co opt it like governments do.
Speaker 3: Yep, uh same same here. I think that that's an easy way to get that technology in our hearts and mind so that it can loop around later. All right. Number two, we will get hints of net Leeds hob Goblin persona in brand new day. Uh.
Speaker 2: Y'all just trying to try to make this a thing, aren't you.
Speaker 3: I have a thought process on how it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Explain your fault process.
Speaker 3: And my thought process is, you know, this this emotional connection that's jumping between the people. I think at some point it will get a hold of ned and we will see some different tendencies out of him while he's co opted by this presence, and that that will be how they get the the other aspect of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I just I don't see this Ned is ever turning into a Hobgoblin.
Speaker 2: I just don't here much for the actor. I just think that this is uh not our Hobgoblin. And to be.
Speaker 1: Honest, Ned leads, yeah, that was was a version of the Hobgoblin.
Speaker 2: Doesn't say he has to be the Hobgoblin.
Speaker 3: So he did promise the last movie that he'd never betray Peters.
Speaker 4: So just to say it happens, yeah, all right, and the final one, a member of the X Men roster will come out in full costume at hall.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: I will say false.
Speaker 1: I do not think we are going to get official cast official from Marvel. Marvel, That's what I'm saying. The trades can say whatever they want. I will say false. I do not think we are going to get anything official casting news about the MCS version of the X Men until at the earliest next year. At the earliest, we are not getting anything official from Marvel about the MC's casting will be leaks and that we're gonna be in fantastic four First Steps territory.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that they at least plan to see, you know, give us how they did with the Supreme Intelligence and you know just what the walk through moment and things like that. So what we'll see I wanted to happen. I don't know if it will. I'm leaning towards fact, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I will post those and uh, you know, let your voice be heard with that. So we're gonna take our final ad break for the evening listeners. Let these ads help keep the lights on the geek cultimate lines network. We don't get to choose what ads come on. They could be a bit loud to give it a three coup before they come on. Three two one.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back and we are back, all right.
Speaker 1: So we are going to conclude the Age of Ultron storyline with Age of Ultron ten up a I as it were, so.
Speaker 2: Ah David ten point.
Speaker 1: Ai a KA, let's do a whole comic book about Hank Pim, whole origin story about mister Hank Pim thoughts.
Speaker 2: On filtered thoughts.
Speaker 3: This was the redemption arc for the unredeemable.
Speaker 2: No, there is no redemption for Hank Pim.
Speaker 3: He's a that's what That's what I'm saying. They they they tried to person make him feel like more of a person. They tried to give him a redemption. Arc. There is no redemption for Hank Pim. He is a horrible, horrible human being in multiple aspects.
Speaker 1: I did find it interesting that, you know, when they spend the time looking at like how much of a level genius, he is basically painting his parent his particularly his father, as not understanding and suppressing his gifts and talents, while his his grandmother is the only one that kind of encourages him and does things like that.
Speaker 2: But she passes away.
Speaker 1: He kind of like his creative side kind of kind of just kind of disappears, and he just falls into the you know what can be practical and you know, leads to him eventually developing the pin particles. No, I you know, it's interesting in that sense, but you know, where he I think it's rather interesting when he kind of takes on the idea of the hero and how he just like, I'm.
Speaker 2: A big guy. I'm a little guy. I'm a big guy. I'm a little guy, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just he's like, yeah, you know, I was ant man, I was small, and then I start thinking maybe I'm too small. So then it became THET and I became yo Jackie, Like there's all the like, choose a lane, my guy, choose a lane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, just it faces an origin issue, kind of re establishing after what happened in Age of ultrying to like his character at this point, and it is a basically a backdoor pilot to what became a spinoff series of this Avengers AI.
Speaker 2: No, we are not going to be reading that spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: It's not really that good. If this issue was anything to prove that not much by Hank Pim is to be led by anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but all right, so let's kind of give our like overall thoughts of Age of Aul Trump.
Speaker 2: You know, a reread of this for both of us upon a reread, what did you think?
Speaker 3: Upon a reread? I started thinking that there were It definitely had some good moments, but it also had some some slow and confusing moments, and it kind of felt like the turn and the ending of it still to this day seems a little bit rush, like they had this grandiose ideal, and then they were told you only get ten issues, you got to cut some stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt, especially in the beginning, I'm cool spending time in the dystopian future, but it it dragged. And when we got to the alternative future, yeah, that's when it kind of picked up a bit.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's it's a meh.
Speaker 1: Overall in my opinion. I'd say a mediocre five in my opinion for an event series at that point. You know, I know this had like ramifications that would lead down to other things, but I'd say, all in all, just as an ice, just as an event series, it's a five.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't what I.
Speaker 1: Would recommend for people to read it, you know, as a first time event, I would put other things in their hand.
Speaker 3: I definitely agree this is not a go out of your way to search and find you need to read this story this series.
Speaker 2: So but all right, so that concludes.
Speaker 1: You know, again, as we said, the movie Age of Altron just takes the title of the Age of Ultron, nothing else about it. So I I, you know, after reading it, I understand why. I knew exactly why they didn't want to do that. So David what is our next compook club as we go through our journey of uh as the MCS based things off projects, what are we going to do?
Speaker 3: All right? So, based off of some things that we've seen in the Brand New Day trailer, I have decided that we are going to go with Spider Man the other This was a run from five to six. It's a big crossover event with the various Spider Man books written by Michael Straczynski. It's very, very good. It involves Peter facing this mysterious illness and you know, just things are not going right with his body, certain things are failing him. He's also battling the villain Morland during all of this, who is just you know, taking him to task. And we see a transformation comic wise with Peter that you know coming out of it. Certain aspects of it started to match what was going on cinematically with Spider Man, and we get some some other aspects to it, the Spider totems and you know, the rebirth of Peter from there. So this was a pivotal storyline back in you know, five six. So, given some of the stuff we've seen in Brand New Day, I thought it'd be fun to go back to this twelve issues storyline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially with some of the imagery, Like you said, we've seen in particular where Peter emerges from what we're gonna call a cocoon, and when we get get that apart, there is a certain cover that is going to show that idea. But yes, this basically event the other Also, the tagline for Evolver Die was broken down into four acts the series writers. It encompassed the titles across Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man, which began during this run, so issues one through four, and that was written by Peter David with art done by Michael Ringo. Then you had it crossing over into Marvel Knight Spider Man nineteen through twenty two, who at that point the artist was Matt pat Lee and writer was Reggie Hudland. And then you obviously have the mainline title of The Amazing Spider In five twenty five to five twenty eight, which, as you said.
Speaker 2: Written by J.
Speaker 1: Michael Schrazinski and artist on that was Mike Deodado Junior. So I'm kind of I'm definitely excited about this. I know, you know, as we say, this is a particular storyline that does have some.
Speaker 2: A lot more. I think there's a lot more people who are not fans of this storyline.
Speaker 1: I actually liked where it was, and I especially like kind of how they were doing it where the acts, as this was four acts. The first act had the red tinted covers, the second has blue tinted covers, the third act had gray and black covers, and the final act had orange and yellow covers. So they really leaned into this. I actually am going to be very curious to see if I feel come out of this as feeling as high as I did after it, because at this time I was still in the beginnings of my re entry into.
Speaker 2: Collecting comics weekly, so this was kind.
Speaker 1: Of very exciting for me and seeing kind of a changeover for Peter just that this was I mean, this was an era era of huge shifts in Peter's tyme the Spider Man. So I am excited to revisit this.
Speaker 3: Yes, me too, It's been a while since I have fully read this. I do remember. This was like, you know, right after a high school early college for me. I was working at Buffalo Wawings, taking my checks and runningto the comic book stores between shifts, and I'd go back and I'd sit in a booth and read it until the dinner rush started. And you know this, so this will be my first time sitting down and reading all twelve issues straight through since.
Speaker 1: So so next week we will begin our journey into Spider Man the Other in part one, which is going to be in Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man at number one. As always, if you are a Marvel Unlimited subscriber, you can just simply look up the other storyline and it'll be in that lovely reading order or if you have a physical.
Speaker 2: Edition things like that, you know we're gonna start it next week.
Speaker 1: So again, Friendly Spider, Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man number one, written by Peter David and art by Michael Ringo. As we go through these twelve parts, So all right, well episode volume three oh one in the books. As always, we want to thank you all for continuing to join us, and as always we want to thank our official sponsor, Pannelbound Comics dot com. Use a code MARVELGUA at checkout to get two dolls off every single order, or m g u A sit for five percent off when you order four and more books together. David tell people how they can follow you.
Speaker 3: We can follow me on all socials at the Fantom. You can follow me here on the geek First Network as part of our wrestling showed the gimmick We come to you with all our wrestling news. We're going to be having another episode coming up soon with some previews Forbidden Door and some other stuff, and then we will be having some more. We just finished one w W two K twenty six plate through last week and we will be getting back on it. We are having a very very close season as compared to others, So me s Bubbs, Travis Snell, just giving you all your wrestling fix.
Speaker 1: Yes, looking looking forward to that as always. Like I said, you guys are my listen, my listening for that. But yeah, you can catch me as on all the socials at Chris Balga and you can follow me like I said, all the socials. You can catch this podcast on Twitter at Marvel a podcast, and you can email the show at Marvel lionce Podcast at gmail dot com. You can follow the Geegle Demindliance Network on Twitter at gapod network. Feel free to tweet, email from want to Ride, feedback, ask questions, continued to rate review Marvel alliance on Apple podcast, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcasts. Greatly appreciated. Thank y'all for listening, Thank y'all for joining us in the chat. Stay safe out there, everyone, and a stand that man would say, excelsior, true believers.
Speaker 2: All right, David.
Speaker 1: Post credits discussion. We said that Colum book related in more ways. You know, I'll end with the Heroes con hall, but talk to us about what we're going to be talking about before that.
Speaker 3: All right, So legend Dary X Men contributor John Byrne is returning to the X Men in assorts for one last ride. I use returning in air quotes here because he is returning to share some X Men stories and this is going to be entitled x Men else When, And it's not an actual Marvel property, but it is just kind of a love letter of sorts that he is putting out on June twenty third from Abram's comics, and it it's something it's something that he says, it's something that I'm doing that was not intended for publications and is the definition of fan fiction. The semi retired writer Artists tells a Harvard reporter. Some people use the term as pejorative, and I don't think that it is. It's just it's his way of just getting out those final stories. For those who may recognize the name, he is famous for his contributions to the Dark Phoenix saga, same thing with x Men, Days of Features passed and wrote for Marvel for many years until after being fed up with creative differences, decided to take a break from Marvel titles and step away. And he's done some writing over the years, but after that he has not published anything within the last ten years. And this is again just kind of a love letter back out there before he goes ahead and official retires.
Speaker 1: Yeah, John Byrne, he has not been also on the comic book comic con circuit for a long time. Very Crimogeny in the interview also les he does not let anything flies, he said he he. It also goes into the article and he talks about how his differences, especially around the time of the death of Jean during the Dark Phoenix saga, he was not a fan of that, you know, especially editor in chief when Jimmy Shooter ordered Jane killed.
Speaker 2: That rubbed him the wrong way.
Speaker 1: That led to his eventually leaving the title, turning it all over to Chris Clarmont to head up. But yeah, this was a kind of kind of a fan project that he just started doing one day as he talked about like he created a panel of Wolverine versus Sharon and just kind of stepped on putting out panels by panels, pages, pages, and they kind of became kind of this underground kind of oh my gosh, this is John Byrne if he didn't leave the title, and it went on for I think they said about thirty six issues.
Speaker 2: Online. And so when people are like is ever gonna be collected? Ever be collected? There like one, I don't know if Marvel's even gonna allow me to do them.
Speaker 1: Surprises haven't sued me, you know, but they were able under CB Sibolski as editor in chief, were able to get together and he wanted this to happen. So, in a conjunction with Abram Books, the first volume of three X Men Else When is going to be coming out? I believe next week is the first volume. It has already gone out of print at the distributor level, so that they are going back to print with a second with another edition of it. Since to satisfy stuff. So if you're not able to get this first run, it will be coming back. The second volume will be coming out next summer, and the third volume of the following summer after that to encompass this, as they say else when run and you know, I like how how in the article, I mean, this is again twenty five thousand, I've already sold out, like and so they're going back to print with twenty twenty thousand more. So, you know, it is exciting at that point. But I like how he talks about how he, like he said, Burne is both boastful and modest, even as he struggles to come up with concrete answers. He calls them damn good comics. He says, there's something magical about those characters, especially.
Speaker 2: When I'm in charge.
Speaker 1: You know, Marvel was putting a lot of crap out. At the same time, he talks about how he, you know, with the movies coming out at that point, that he's not a fan of the movies at all. However, unlike unlike uh, you know, Miller, he excuse me, unlike Alan Moore he is I'm interestingly not frankly. But unlike Alan Moore, he is going to take a paycheck, you know, when they use his character.
Speaker 2: He's not above that.
Speaker 1: However, I thought one of the more interesting thing is that I've often said I wish I hadn't done Superman because DC lied to me at every turn. The whole project, which should have been a dream come true, just became an endless stream disappointments and frustration.
Speaker 2: I ultimately quit.
Speaker 1: John Byurne is one of these ones that infamously quits things before this they finished, or just when he gets totally fed up when he doesn't have creative control, which again, a lot of creators do have that problem, do have that, and I get that, but I do like this idea, and I'm very excited. I've I've read a number of these issues. I never got to read the whole run of this, so this is you know, it's not going to be a totally first read, but just to have this idea of something that should be coming out into print Marvel really shouldn't be doing they're they're actually allowing this to happen is great. And yes, this is why physical media does matter, because I don't know if they're ever going to put this out digitally at that point, So if you want this again, they're the more they sell, they're going to keep on putting up. But like I said, the first run of this, twenty five thousand copies are already out a print, twenty thousand are going back into there. But again, Volume two comes out next summer. Volume three comes out in twenty twenty eight. So I'm excited for this. I think this is a great idea, great things, great capsule of what if, literally what if or else when?
Speaker 2: As this what if?
Speaker 1: John Byrne got to continue writing the X ment as he saw fit as he gets to say goodbye to leaving comics with this last idea.
Speaker 2: So cool idea.
Speaker 1: But yes, I promised some some images of what happened in Heroes con so went to Hero's Khan and got some some sketches.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna single myself out so I can do this.
Speaker 1: So I've got a spider Man remarked by my favorite artist of all time for spider Man, Mark Bagley.
Speaker 2: So that was pretty cool. And as he was signing my omnies, one of the omnies was his.
Speaker 1: With Mkalainey. He had two volumes of that with Nikolainey, and he saw the cover the the hardcover, not the dust Jack, but the hardcover of Peter holding his dead parents and screaming. He says, God, I freaking hate that cover. I don't know why they do it. I hate that cover. I hate it that they chose it. So he noticed his discussed with that. Then I got it. Had Dennis Colwyn, you know, do a sketch of I love his run on the question, So of course I'm going to ask him to do a sketch and remark on the question.
Speaker 2: So this is his love. It gonna be framing all these.
Speaker 1: Then, as always, Daniel Warren Johnson, who is you know, one of my favorite artists of all time?
Speaker 2: Now did a sketch. It did a quick little remark in the Transformers book two there with do a little little Transformer's action.
Speaker 1: And what I can say about Daniel Warren Jackson, I will always say it all. I'm always amazing, like he remembers who I am, even though I only see him once a year. He asked me things that I wouldn't think anyone will remember about. So if you ever listened to this Daniel Warren Johnson, I love this man. He is awesome. He is a a fans ge if he loves the fans. He is a great artist. Read anything by him, and also a big deal for him. An artist edition of his Beta ray Bill mini series is coming out next year in that huge format at that point, so check that out.
Speaker 2: When it does come out. Speaking of Beta ray Bill, meeting.
Speaker 1: Walter Simonson, him signing, that's Daniel Warren Johnson there, but Walter Simonson, the creator of Beta ray Bill, even though this is not his as he pointed out to me.
Speaker 2: He says, this isn't my version of the character, but he.
Speaker 1: Knew who exactly it was. But I reminded him and said, sir, you you created the characters. So this means so much to meet it in that famous Simonson signature. But I got the opportunity and he did me a solid I pontificated so much of how much I love Beta Rebell. He did me a solid a remark for Beta ray Bill, and this is going to be a treasure. Love that character, love everything about it. And but yeah, that's some of the step from Heroes concept. Very successful. Got to also meet Scott Snyder and a number of other great creators, but a lot of times. Got to hang out with my friend bj kicks as well, So all in all a great time at Heroes Con. But yeah, so we'll see what news brings us next week. David and I are kind of thinking that may be a little quiet. With a Supergirl coming out next week, they may go quiet next week in preparation four as David is wearing X Men ninety seven. Season two comes out in July first, so we will be there at the very leost breaking down, So we'll see if we see.
Speaker 2: You next week.
Speaker 1: If not, we will see you impossibly in two weeks to start our journey into that. So catch out later and have a good weekend and we'll see you real soon.
Speaker 3: Byebye, Sea.