Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. I need music, I need my my church music.
Speaker 2: Okay, black smoke, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Black smoke? We've got black smoke. It is pouring out of the rudimentary chimney.
Speaker 2: That is a top.
Speaker 1: This is team Chapel where no no Pope, no Pope. If you had Day one on your Bingo card, you lost your money.
Speaker 3: This is the only vote today.
Speaker 2: No Pope. So no Pope, black smoke, no Pop.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, man, they're just getting to know each other. Nobody's gonna be crowned right away. Now everyone's filing out of the Vatican Square, Saint Peter's Square, I believe, is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm making that up. I've been there, so I think. Yeah, it's very big. It's very big square. It's one of the biggest. It's very square. It is well, it's not very smart, I don't think so. Okay, so no Pope. M anyway, what else is going on?
Speaker 4: Time for what's happening?
Speaker 3: I mean, this is one of the biggest stories of the day, and the papal conclave is done for the day. It's about nine o'clock there in Rome. So they will gather again tomorrow. And I think is it prescribed that they do four votes or they'll do up to four votes each day?
Speaker 1: I am unclear on four votes a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we expect to see lots of smoke tomorrow, but we don't know what now.
Speaker 1: I think they just do the smoke at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I think they do it at the end of every ballot.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, yeah, it must be up to four ballots. I don't I don't know who the hell.
Speaker 2: Will find out tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Can we tune into the diction and show FED Reserve has kept interest rate steady for third consecutive meeting. FED has warned about the potential of higher prices and a spike in joblessness. Of course, President Trump has been dogging FED chairman to get in there and lower interest rates every once in a while, but he has not yet done so. So the FED Rate Setting Committee voted unanimously to keep the federal funds rate at a range of four point twenty five to four point five percent.
Speaker 1: Please are searching for a girl after the mom was arrested for allegedly locking up a sibling in a closet. This little girl was last seen in December of twenty seventeen at the age of two. So please in Texas now say they're looking for this missing nine year old girl.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second.
Speaker 1: The mother was arrested for allegedly locking the seven year old daughter in a closet.
Speaker 2: For a week.
Speaker 3: So the nine year old's been gone since the seven year old's been around. Yeah, girl's grandma called police after she found the child mild nourished, soiled, and barre catered in a bedroom closet.
Speaker 1: Here's a weird thing, well, one of the weird things. There were six other children in the home between the ages of two and fourteen, who appeared to be physically healthy.
Speaker 3: And the only reason grandma went to the apartment in the first place because the mom was arrested for marijuana possession.
Speaker 2: That's it, huh In this day and age. Wow, the sunshine is out.
Speaker 3: Sunshine's out here in the valley, which is a nice change from what we've seen for the last week and a half. It's going to get hot by either talking about by Mother's Day weekend or by Mother's Day, Saturday and Sunday, we could see temperatures well into the nineties.
Speaker 1: Bring it on, Disney fans have a new theme park to look forward to. The company has announced plans for a resort in Abu Dhabi. It'll mark Disney's seventh theme park resort destination first entry into the Middle East. Disney has not said an opening for this Abu Dhabi park. It's the first new theme park announced by Disney since Shanghai Disneyland back in twenty ten, which opened in twenty sixteen. Did you hear the bit about Bob Eiger talking about his his regret about Marvel movies. No, that something to the effect of just because there are many doesn't mean their quality.
Speaker 2: Very true, he said.
Speaker 1: Bob Ayer said the company lost a little focus by making too many Marvel movies. It was during an investor call today. He pointed to last weekend's box office champion Thunderbolts as the first and best example of Marvel's new strategy for making better films. Spotty success with the superhero films for Disney. That's after the Avengers Endgame, which we all saw some films like Spider Man, No Way Home Deadpool and Wolverine have been hits. Others like The Marvels and Captain America Brave New World have lost money for Disney.
Speaker 2: Here is his quote.
Speaker 1: We've learned over time that quantity does not necessarily beget quality.
Speaker 3: A quick note about Thunderbolts. By the way, did you notice they changed the name of it? It was it was it was Thunderbolts with an Aster Risk when it was released. And then just in fact, yesterday morning, as I was driving here in Burbank, there's I don't know two dozen of those posters for the movie. As before I get to the station, it has changed from Thunderbolts with an as Risk to the New Avengers. What that's what they're calling it?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: And I guess in the movie no spoilers, since they've changed it on every poster everywhere the name Thunderbolts, like at the end credits changes to the New Avengers.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So but that's clever. So like by the time everyone who's gonna go see the movie, probably the diehards saw the movie, they changed the billboards.
Speaker 3: And the question there's a question about this is stupid. There's a question about do they mean these are the new team members like these are now also Avengers or is this the new Avengers.
Speaker 1: I think it's the new Avengers because the old Avengers.
Speaker 2: Died, not all of them. Who's still around? Watch the movies I did.
Speaker 1: I watched Endgame. There was the Endgame. Literally they all died, right.
Speaker 2: No, No, we got a few, we got Thor and you know, okay, Captain America went back in time.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 2: Guys are so pissed at me. I can hear it and all your voices. I'll stop talking.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask you if Luke ever made it ever hear I'm sorry, guys, we have to do this together because I don't know if I can do this alone. The Smokey Robinson stuff, there's a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: Why did you want to do it alone?
Speaker 1: I didn't want to do it with Smoky.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. I don't want to do this alone. I want to make sure that we have support for what we're about to do. Lusion, if you're eighty five, is it lunchtime? Sorry? Fine, do it alone, go ahead. I didn't realize have fun with your rape story. Feeding time Urah is upon us. I don't want to get in the way of that. Gary and Shannon will continue A chance for a thousand bucks coming up as well.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM. Six forty.
Speaker 1: Stories we're following for you today. If you missed it, black smoke is poured out of the Sistine Chapel chimney, indicating no pope was elected on the first ballot of the conclave to choose a new leader of the Catholic Church. This was the first vote, the first ballot on day one. There's just one ballot, and then there could be four or up to four. We we're not really sure each subsequent day. The average amount of days that the conclave takes in modern history is four.
Speaker 3: New poll came out said by account of about two to one, most registered voters in California believe that Governor Newsom is more focused on boosting his presidential prospects than on fixing.
Speaker 2: The problem in the state of California.
Speaker 3: Or are the people who voted no. Twenty six percent are saying attention to governing the state?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: All its problems.
Speaker 3: Utah's professional hockey club has finally announced their new mascot.
Speaker 2: They used to be called the Utah Hockey Club.
Speaker 3: They will for hence be known from this day forward as the Utah Mammoth.
Speaker 2: Singular singular is.
Speaker 1: Mammoth, plural is mammoths.
Speaker 2: I would assume.
Speaker 3: The team is already branding its own rallying cry, which I feel is like giving yourself a nickname. Yeah, they're going to be using the term tusk up.
Speaker 1: It's like when the forty nine ers moved to Levi's. I think it's when they moved levi As I feel in my memory coincides with their move with the whole third down.
Speaker 2: Ooh oh oh, what are you doing? Sound like idiots? Angels beat the Rays Blue Jays.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Angels beat the Blue Jays yesterday eight to three, and they'll play again tonight. Marlins beat the Dodgers in ten innings, five to four. They have a one forty first pitch. In fact, you can listen to all Dodgers games on AM five seventy LA Sports and stream all the games in HD on that iHeartRadio app used the keyword AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Then she handcrafted.
Speaker 3: Sushi made fresh daily at Ralph's near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: All right, we got your chance at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Weird now your chance one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Do you shut your mouth?
Speaker 4: Key word on our website cash MAT's cash c A. S. H. Edwick now at KFI AM six forty dot com. Slash cash powered by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything, call the winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: The keyword cash goes on the website. Make sure you keep an eye on email. In your inbox is where we stick the note that you won a thousand bucks. John's going to give you a chance an hour from now, also to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yesterday. I'm not playing any of the music.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna play any music because it's not I don't it feels like it feels bad inappropriate appropriation.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like we stopped playing Diddy music. Yeah, Kasha changed your song the whole bit R Kelly.
Speaker 2: We can't play R Kelly.
Speaker 1: Start because Smokey Robinson has left his fingerprints on a lot of great music.
Speaker 2: Uh may, let's the fingerprints on some people too. Unfortunately.
Speaker 3: This lawsuit, filed yesterday in Nightli County Superior Court, accuses Smokey Robinson of sexual assault and battery, as well as workplace negligence. This lawsuit includes allegations sexual battery, false imprism, gender violence, creating a hostile work environment. It also names his wife, Francis, as a defendant.
Speaker 2: These women.
Speaker 3: These four women are seeking a trial in fifty million dollars in damages. They say all of this took place not early in Smokey's life, but recently took place from two thousand and seven to April of twenty twenty four, when the women were employed at his home in Chatsworth.
Speaker 1: My problem with this is this, it's the recency problem. Smokey Robinson has been around for a very long time, one of the fathers of Motown.
Speaker 2: Really, I mean, if he was.
Speaker 1: Into this kind of criminal activity, there would be allegations going back decades. This isn't something you roll into in your eighties. You know, rape and sexual battery and assaults and falls in print that says something you just to pick up when you're in your late seventies. So that's my problem with it. We don't know Smokey Robinson, yes, but we also don't know these women, the accusers, and I don't know who the attorney is or what have you. But I just I get a little bit pump the brake, see on these things.
Speaker 3: One woman says that she was raped at other homes one of the Bell Canyon neighborhood of La One in Vegas. Among these accusations, they said that Smokey Robinson would order them to his bedroom or other areas of the property where he would sexually assault them.
Speaker 5: On.
Speaker 3: One of these women said that he touched their entire bodies, all of it while they did not consent to any sort of sexual contact or touching. Three of them said that he would perform a ritual before each encounter in which he summoned them or forced them into a bedroom when he didn't have any clothes on, or would simply have his underwear on. One woman said she was assaulted seven times during her approximate one year employment.
Speaker 2: What did she do there? These were royal housekeepers? Okay?
Speaker 3: The four women and the reason that the wife that Francis Robinson was named in the lawsuit is they alleged she knew all about it and did nothing look to the event.
Speaker 1: The Dottie Sandusky accusation, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That she perpetuated the hostile work environment by regularly screaming at them separately in a hostile manner, using ethnically pejorative words and language, and that one Robinson alleged threatened to make his wife be mean to her if she refused him sex.
Speaker 2: This is just sad. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I said, you don't roll into that kind of thing in your eighties. This might just be people taking advantage of an older couple with.
Speaker 2: A lot of money, a lot of money, a lot of I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: Just I just refuse to I mean smoke your Romison's from not a saint.
Speaker 3: Okay, there is there is an acknowledgment in the lawsuit, apparently that they didn't go to law enforcement, Like why would you know these are all criminal accusations that you're making against this guy.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you go to the police, right? Why you just come for the payday.
Speaker 1: It's because if we're put up with this long enough, we'll get a payday.
Speaker 3: Well the way, that's not the way it was written. But they said the women did not want to report him to law enforcement. Or authorities because of concerns about reputational harm. They said they felt powerless to stand up against his celebrity status.
Speaker 1: That's a lawyer speak right there.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also one of those. Now now you feel powered. Now you should be most empowered.
Speaker 1: You know that now is when lawyers are most empowered to do this?
Speaker 2: Can I give you your jeopardy? Y?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Cleanse this please?
Speaker 1: The fifteen hundreds for two thousand correct. Named for the Bishop of Hippo. This modern day Florida city was founded in fifteen sixty five by a Spanish conquistador, named.
Speaker 2: By the Bishop of Hippo for the Bishop of Hippo. Named for the bishop of.
Speaker 3: Oh what Saint Petersburg? What is Saint Petersburg?
Speaker 1: What Saint is from Hippo Petersburg. Saint Augustine?
Speaker 3: Oh all right, I didn't know there was a Florida in the fifteen hundreds.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's exactly when it was founded.
Speaker 2: Florida.
Speaker 1: Saint Augustine was I think was the first one. Was where they first sailed ashore, Florida.
Speaker 2: That's where Christopher Columbus went Florida.
Speaker 1: I don't know where he landed, but somewhere, so the Indians were here as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah we weren't, right, You and I weren't. Well, no people that look like us weren't. Did you fall on something? I think you fell on something something.
Speaker 1: Did you hit your head on the urinal?
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Well, black smoke means no pope, at least not in the first ballot that they took today during conclave as they choose their next pope. Understand, we do up to four ballots tomorrow and each of the subsequent days, so up to four ballots, we have an opportunity to see more smoke. And again, I mean our show is probably going to see the smoke, depending on when they do it, simply because it's evening time.
Speaker 2: They're in Rome right now.
Speaker 3: So we actually asked earlier today, what is your favorite saints?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my favorite saint is Saint Bernard, A great dog. I miss old you never saw that bus coming coming?
Speaker 6: The bus, Hello, Dynamic zero.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite fights would be.
Speaker 2: That Francis Aquinas sorry when it was in good quality.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, being an Irish Catholic, it was mandatory for us all have Irish names but also a Satan name, so Saint Bridget obviously would be my favorite, saying after her. Quite honestly, Saint Anthony is my hero. Anytime I'm missing anything, I pray to Saint Anthony and it miraculously. I gotta love that guy.
Speaker 3: That's why Elmer played the song by Tony, Tony Tony earlier in the show.
Speaker 1: Well that's the other two callers that mentioned Saint Anthony said that their mother would say Tony, Tony, Tony.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's why the poetry works so well on the show.
Speaker 2: I think you hit your head. People can go back and listen on the podcasts going on.
Speaker 6: My favorite Saint was Roger Moore. Val Kilmer did a good job, but Roger Moore was ogs the movie called The Saint Talk. I think we need some trumpet of Jesus. I listened to the trumpet of Jesus.
Speaker 2: God, He's good. That doesn't seem appropriate. That's it you? Why is it not a today of all days?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Okay, I will mention this piece of NFL news because I know that in LA probably the Steelers and the Cowboys are well represented with fans and if you are a fan, you've already heard the news. But Steelers are getting rid of George Pickens wide receiver. They have sent this problem child to the Dallas Cowboys or a bag of chips.
Speaker 2: Well not really.
Speaker 1: Steelers will get a third round pick in the next draft and a fifth rounder in the following year. This is a guy spent his first three seasons being productive as hell, but also a pain in the ass. So anyway, Pickens joins ceedee lamb over there in Dallas, And now you're looking at Metcalf went over to the Steelers, right, So you're still looking for another wide receiver in that room in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Is it only May? It's only May, isn't it.
Speaker 3: That's the second time, So that it's time for what you're watching Wednesday.
Speaker 2: The following program is brought to you in living color, but you're watching in there. Americans love television. They win their kids USA television.
Speaker 1: You've been watching too many of those live television shows. Well, we both watched the Four Seasons based on the nineteen eighty one Allen olda picture The Four Seasons. This is the Netflix series. It's eight episodes, very easily watchable at about thirty minutes a piece.
Speaker 2: Don't give it away. I'm not give it away.
Speaker 1: It's just based on couples who travel together. They've been friends forever and they kind of follow them. They take a trip every couple of years, and they happen to go on a trip during each of the four seasons, and it's kind of a check in on each of the couples and see where they're at with their relationship and how they relate to the rest of the group. Tina Fey and Steve Carell are in it, which makes it just feel like a warm comforter. It's just nice, fun, easy comedy. Like you said yesterday, I think her character is much funnier, her lines are funny. It's her project, I believe, than Steve Correll's. In this one.
Speaker 3: She's much more likable than Steve Correll is, But which is funny because the last show that he do. You've got to finish it, You're right, I do. I still have two episodes left. The Steve Carell character that we last saw was the one from the Morning Show that I Mean, and he came off as an unlikable I liked him.
Speaker 1: I felt bad for him. I thought a bad deal in that show his character.
Speaker 3: But it's such a strange twist because Steve Krell, you think the Office the bumbling idiot of Michael Scott, forty year old virgin, when he was really kind of vaulted.
Speaker 1: To quite the range though, Like remember of the movie where he played the patient.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean he really does have quite the range. And there have been others he played.
Speaker 3: A group of he played I can't remember the name of the movie, and someone's gonna give it to us. He played a member of a small group of people that they like army buddies, that were honoring one of their guys who died, one of their friends who died, and they were kind of on a road trip, and I remember that being a very serious one. There was also one where he played the photographer. Remember he used to make miniatures.
Speaker 2: Of Oh yes, yes and things like that. That was great.
Speaker 1: It's good, crazy stupid love, crazy, stupid life. He's great and everything. I didn't have a problem with him in this that you did. I think you had a problem with his parenting style. There's also the character not Steve corrh Right, there's a there's a funny thing that we just recognized a couple of minutes ago because producer Keana was in here. She's not in her forties right, and wasn't as attracted to the show as we were. And I wouldn't even say, like I didn't know anything about the show. I don't remember the movie from Alan Alda and Carol Burnett back in the eighties, but I like, like you said, I was drawn to it because of Steve Corell and Tina Fey and Will Forte. Yeah, there's something about it where you there's discussions of Okay, you've been married for twenty years, now, what exactly? It's it's it's if you feel it's kind of nice actually to watch a show like that, because it may be that you think that your relationship is stagnant or it could be better in this way or that way or whatever, because you've been together for a long period of time and am I doing enough?
Speaker 2: Am I?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Is it my fault?
Speaker 1: Should I view for inviting more of a spark or what have you? I think everyone goes through that when your marriage lasts, and this kind of plays with it. This show plays with it and in a in a very safe light, fun eight a time way, right, And it also makes you realize that it's like, yeah, no, you're not special like you. You've been together for twenty years. You've been together for twenty years. It's just these are going to be commonalities with you and everybody else who's been together for twenty years.
Speaker 3: There is also a nice cameo from from Alan Alda and I think the first or second episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is nice. He's has Parkinson's. He's I believe he's ninety two something.
Speaker 2: Like he said his ninety. But yeah, it's always great to see Allan Alda.
Speaker 1: But it's fun. It's a fun, easy show. It's it's enough. There's enough light moments and real moments to make it definitely worthwhile.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 6: For what, I'm watching Bravo's Love Hotel with the og Housewives looking for Love.
Speaker 2: What is it Love Hotels?
Speaker 5: So far, it's actually pretty good.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard of this.
Speaker 1: It sounds just trashy enough to be right at my alley.
Speaker 2: It sounds like your thing.
Speaker 3: Our trailers are up on the website, so go to KFI am six forty dot com slash Gary and Shannon you'll find our trio of trailers. Honey don't weapons with Josh Brolin.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I will totally watch this show. Are you kidding? Squid Game season three, Oh my gosh, to listen to this.
Speaker 1: Real Housewive stars Shannon Bador, Gazelle Bryant, Ashley Darby, I don't know who that is, and Luanne visit Cabo's Grand VELAs Hotel to find love among eligible bachelors. I will watch that in a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: That's not what you were going to say. You were going to say you would watch the s out of that? Is that what I I know?
Speaker 2: Oh? I saw that coming.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Somebody corrected me or tried to correct me and say that it was Ellen Burston in that the four seasons with Alan Alda, not Carol Burnett.
Speaker 2: It was Carol Burnett. It was Carol Burnett. But thank you. I mean, I like your stomach.
Speaker 3: No, I think that was something downstairs, and I mean actually downstairs, not farther down my gi track.
Speaker 2: I didn't take it that way. I pointed out that way. I didn't want you to. I'm fine, I'm fine. Everything is appears to be fine.
Speaker 3: Those trailers we do have a bonus trailer up on the website as well for a Grand Theft Auto six.
Speaker 2: I know you're a huge GTA fan.
Speaker 1: Well, I've been waiting long enough for GTA to wait.
Speaker 2: You're gonna wait?
Speaker 1: T ridiculous that I have to wait longer. Luckily, there's other games that are just as good, right.
Speaker 2: Elmer, you know what I mean. There's a lot of stuff to keep me busy, right, Yeah, of course you know, right Elmer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Elmer knows he's been waiting for g T A six too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the trailer was amazing, right, Yeah, you have to. It's kind of messed up. Yeah, you got to just watch the trailer over here. Hey, guys, we're watching Wednesday.
Speaker 3: We just watched a movie last night on Prime called Blink Twice.
Speaker 2: Uh, really good.
Speaker 1: Kind of what the heck's going on here?
Speaker 2: Movie thriller? Loved it by psychological thriller. Would you hear from Rene Channing Tatum? Christian Slater is in there? What's the premise? Zoe Kravitz? I think is directed and produced it.
Speaker 1: When tech billionaire Slater King meets cocktail Way Tris Frieda at his fundraising gala, he invites her to join him and his friends for a dream vacation on his private island. Wild nights soon blend into sun soak days. But when strange things start to happen, Freedom must uncover the truth if she hopes to make it out alive.
Speaker 2: Oh do do do?
Speaker 1: It's all about the dangers of being a woman in a man's world. When do you think about Renee? I always envision her on like a lounge, like draped in like like a silk calftan. Yeah, big hat, like with a cocktail of some kind.
Speaker 2: Or just bubbies. Don't bubbly water.
Speaker 1: Just bubbly water, Yeah, like a no, no, I see her with a cocktail and uh like I don't know, nice pillows, not too firm, soft on the lounger, like so where she's comfortable, and she's just hitting that talk back thing and she's like, hey, guys, I saw this movie blink Twise, she sounds like.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, maybe.
Speaker 3: Oh another show that we watched. We talked about it a little bit earlier in the week on Amazon. Of course, is this scene to a simple favor, Anna Kendrick and the Lake Lively And this is another simple favor. It's the sequel. It did not have to be made. It should have died on the table.
Speaker 1: Second half should have definitely fallen off the table, like that jet fell off the USS Truman.
Speaker 2: I mean, holy hell, what a crime scene.
Speaker 1: The second half of that movie was at least the first half got the You got the reunion between Blake Lively Anna Kendricks. It's all fun and familiar. You've got the beautiful scenery of Italy and young and the fashion, and then they try to put in a plot and you're like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: It was awful. Stop with the plot. Stop with the plot.
Speaker 1: I don't need the plot to show us pretty.
Speaker 3: I also would be curious I hadn't followed enough of the production of the show, along with her legal problems with Justin Baldoni, with Blake Lively's legal problems. Was this an attempt or is this part of the kind of recoup your your reputation kind of thing?
Speaker 1: Yes, because if it is, I was trying to envision the phone call between Andrew kendricks people and Blake Livesly's people of Andrew kendricks people being.
Speaker 2: Like do we really need to do this? And like I get it.
Speaker 1: You want you need a little bit of good pr going on right now. But you can kind of feel it with Anda Kendricks at some point in the movie, like why am I doing this for you?
Speaker 2: Totally?
Speaker 1: She was there for the mcat she was there totally, my thoughts, my thought exactly.
Speaker 3: And then the last one that we watched that we got all the way through. It's only six episodes. It was really fun. There's a series of shows called Last One Laughing and it's stand up comedians from different plate, from different countries.
Speaker 2: Each one is in a different venue.
Speaker 3: The one we watched was the Last One Laughing UK, So it's a bunch of British stand up comedians. I think there's ten or twelve of them locked in a room. It's a big, kind of like Big Brother style room, but they're locked in a room and the only rule is they can't smile or laugh.
Speaker 2: God, I will watch that. What is it on?
Speaker 3: It's on Amazon, okay, and what's what makes it funny? At least the one that we watch. There's others.
Speaker 2: There's some from Mexico, Australia.
Speaker 1: Comedians you recognize.
Speaker 2: I didn't recognize ones from the UK.
Speaker 3: I recognize two of them from the UK, but the others I didn't recognize. You don't have to like the idea of watching someone just murder, I mean kill with a single line amongst a room of comedians and you can't.
Speaker 1: Well, that's my favorite part about comedy watching, Like SNL, when you're watching comedians have to keep it straight, like the Tim Conway skits of those guys having to keep a straight face, and like, that's part of the beauty of watching comedians together. I think one of my most favorite things is just watching them try not to laugh.
Speaker 3: It's really really great, especially if you're in the mood. It's again, it's one of those thirty minutes an episode kind of shows. It was super easy to get to. So all right, John Cobelt Show is coming up next. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Stay drive, everybody, blessings.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap